Speaker 1: It is time now for my Strawberry Letter for today, and if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEBARVFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read.
Speaker 2: What are you laughing about, Tommy? You're making me laugh right us. We want to hear from you. Okay, this letter right here could be yours. It could be yours.
Speaker 3: Buggle up and hold on tight. We got it for you.
Speaker 4: Here it is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 2: Oh not laughing. You haven't even heard the letter yet. Here we go. Subject.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to hold it together. Thank you, nephew. Dear Stephen Shirley. I've been with the same woman for twenty nine years and we've been married for twenty six years. We have five children and fourteen grandchildren. On the outside, looking in, it looks like we are a beautiful retired couple. But on the inside, our marriage is in turmoil. My wife is having an affair and I found out when I read her emails. It's like she wanted me to find out because she knows. I go into her computer all the time. Based on what I read, they've been seeing each other off and on for over ten years. The saving grace for her is that she tells her lover that she loves me and that she'll never leave me because I'm the best thing that ever happened to her. It's ironic that I cheated on her many times, but I was never sloppy enough for her to find out. I feel like she wants to have a conversation about it, since she hasn't deleted any of the emails. I also know the guy well and we've played tennis together a couple of times in the past few years.
Speaker 2: My wife had sex with a.
Speaker 1: Man that I know, and he's been smiling in my face. That's the part that hurts the most because I bet he feels like he got over on me. I'm trying to hold it together and I'm debate on whether or not I'm going to talk to my wife. I have no right to be upset because I have had my fun on the side. If she knew I was cheating, she never said a word to me. I need advice. Should I confront my wife or let it go?
Speaker 2: Okay? I'm confused as to.
Speaker 1: You know what you are upset about and all of that because you did the same thing. I mean, whether you talk to her or not, you really don't have a leg to stand on here, sir.
Speaker 2: You cheat it she cheated.
Speaker 1: Now we're here with you trying to nitpick on how she dated, who she dated, and what all happened, et cetera, etc. You should feel some kind of way because cheating hurts, doesn't it. It really does hurt. We know about double standards, so we talk about them a lot on this show. It was okay when you were doing it. Just because she didn't find out doesn't mean you know it was cool. But you've been doing it for years now. You guys have been together for twenty nine years. That's a long time, and you guys need a reset here. Instead of turning to other people for your happiness, you need to try and find your way back to each other if you can, if the both of you want to stay in this marriage, I suggest counseling. I suggest therapy immediately. And of course here's the thing that maybe you didn't think about. Stop cheating. Let those side pieces go. How about that, Tommy.
Speaker 4: It ain't no fun. When the rabbit got the gun. Yes, Yes, you have cheated in the past. She is cheating now, cheating with somebody you play tennis with. You think he's gotten one over you, and you want to know should you say something? What should you say? What can you say? Here's what I think. You don't think she knows about you. She knows, she knows you're cheating. She know exactly who you cheated with, and she don't care. And that's why she don't care. Nothing about the dug On emails that you saw. She wanted you to see that me maw. She wanted you to know that she did it too. She does not care that you have ran up on this information that that she waiting on you to bring it up.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: When you were somebody does to you what you've already done to them. Now you want to say something, and I don't. I don't think you should say anything. I think you should just be quiet. You got to you just got to ice it out. Don't say a word, but you can start working on having a better relationship. She done, She done it to you, You've done it to huh. Let's just let's try to get past that part and see if you can still salvage the relationship. She still loves you up dently if she's telling the side piece that you clear clearly, clearly she has not let that fade away. So the love is still there and you must still love her too, because you done took time write this letter, let us know about all your grand babies and everything else. I don't know what that's got to do with anything, but anyway, y'all been together over twenty some years. I think I think you need to start spending more time with your wife. There's a way for you to spend enough time with your wife that you can actually fade out whatever else she got going on, and she don't have time for that. But now you got to start putting some effort towards your wife, which is what you should have been doing in the first place. Giving your wife all the time she needs, as y'all, or a comfort you're supposed to give her everything, Go out on dates, start all over. Do what you got to do to get your wife back to where she's like, I got enough with just my man, I don't need this other do put the time in with your wife. That's what you're gonna have to do now, Even though I want you to do that. I still want you to go down there to that tennis coat, yeah, and get that racket and accidentally swing that racket and crack him across the back. I just I just think one good crack cross the back. It just make you feel a whole lot. That's what's bothering you?
Speaker 2: Is bother you? That is That is Randall.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. But that's what's body.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 4: Randal has been over there all this time with your girl. That's the problem and you that's what That's what bothers any man. Well, what bothers a man is when he knows. Now he done read it, and he knows, and it just ain't sitting well.
Speaker 2: All right, hang on, hang on, nephew, thank you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have part two of our response to today's Strawberry Letters, and I have.
Speaker 3: To whoop Randall.
Speaker 2: Twenty three minutes after the hour. We will hear from Junior when we come back right after.
Speaker 3: They not gonna like mine.
Speaker 4: Randall told her who you was messing with.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Hardy Morning Show. An education is a transformation every day. The third Good Marshall College Fund transforms lives through scholarships and career advancement opportunities, Over a half of billion dollars has already gone back to students who needed most. We also connect companies with exceptional HBCU talent through workforce development initiatives. I am a proud HBCU graduate, and my education helped me reach my fullest potential. I'm continuing that tradition with my daughter, who will be attending in HBCU this fall. Generational excellence continues. TMCF is America's largest organization that exclusively represents the HBCU community. Join us in being part of the transformation. Applied, donate, or partner with us today at TMCF dot org.
Speaker 1: All right, we're going to recap today's strawberry letter. This title is the subject is I'm trying to hold it together now? A man wrote in he's twenty nine. He's been married to his wife for twenty nine years, twenty six years. They've been together for twenty nine years. They have five children, fourteen grandchildren. It looks like they have this perfect marriage on the outside, but inside they're cheating. He just found out that his wife is cheating with a guy he knows, and he really can't say anything because he's cheated on his wife lots of times. You know, he's mad because his wife had sex with a man that he knows and who has been smiling in his face, so his ego is affected here. He says, that's the part that hurts the most, and because he thinks the guy feels that he got over on the husband. Well, whether he did or not, you're upset about it. But you say you have no right to be, and I agree with you because you've had your fun on the side. And if she knew you were cheating, you said, she never said a word to you. And you want advice. Should you confront your wife or let it go?
Speaker 2: Junior, you're up? What do you say?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're not gonna like my answers, Shirley said, let me just gone ahead and just get this out the way.
Speaker 3: Earlier. I don't understand. I don't care.
Speaker 6: I don't know why you put in the five kids and the fourteen grandchildren got nothing to do with this, nothing that's irrelevant. I just don't understand how Now. I know you cheated and got all that, but we're not talking about you now. This is not what we're doing. This is what you found out. You mean to tell me, I'm sitting here listening to Shirley read this letter. You mean to tell me you read the emails and just went on with life.
Speaker 3: That's what you did. You mean telling you read.
Speaker 6: This email because he said, she said to this man, she's man, I love him and I.
Speaker 3: Ain't never leaving him.
Speaker 2: You made that proud.
Speaker 3: Forget the fact she's sleeping with the man.
Speaker 6: That made you proud right there. So you just went on about life. So you just read that email and just had breakfast. You ain't said nothing. You just went on with life.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 6: So you just read the email and just got it the shower. You just just just lathering up.
Speaker 2: You're there risting off.
Speaker 3: You read this. You read the email, and the same.
Speaker 6: Woman sleep with the man you took on vacation. Of course he looking over you, man, Yeah, he getting over. He ain't got none of these problems. You read that email and then you went and brought her a new car.
Speaker 3: How crazy is you?
Speaker 2: Are? You?
Speaker 3: You just going on with life. Ain't nothing wrong here?
Speaker 6: You You you read that email and took her to dinner. You sitting up here with the man playing tennis, and you know he's sleeping with your wife.
Speaker 3: How is this possible?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Lord, man, get some backbone or something.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, you ain't you.
Speaker 3: You got to do something, dude. You just up here? You just up here? Man, you up there? The man sleeping with your wife? You the read email. Now you're at the hospital because you finna get another grandchild? What did you do?
Speaker 6: What did you do with the labor and delivery with your wife? And she got an affair?
Speaker 3: Why is you in there? We got thirteen other grand baby? I'm catting up about to you know what? What you just going on with life? Man? You ain't saying nothing. So you just in there? You just in there, your wife, you'd have read the email. You see what the man? Now you're in church with your hands up. Praise God. He's got He is so good to me. What is you doing, though, God? What is you doing?
Speaker 5: What matter?
Speaker 6: Fact? If you in an email, why you didn't hit the reply button and send your message back?
Speaker 2: Oh? What would it have said? Though?
Speaker 4: Height?
Speaker 3: Man? I know you we played tennis together. I see it this Saturday.
Speaker 6: But I'm not bringing my racket, bringing my golf club, bringing the club, bring something out. We ain't We ain't gonna hat this. I don't understand how this this You just said, Okay, I got caught. You know, I cheated on her, but put it in her face. But this is all in your face and you just going on with life. Dog what man is this?
Speaker 3: I don't know. No man, like I tell you something.
Speaker 6: I know some men who've done it, and they I know they've cheated.
Speaker 3: I know, but they never put in their white face. But I'll be.
Speaker 6: Dog on if I sit down here, we got to read my white email. Hold on, hold on, and you're right here is a double standing. Yeah, but you ain't gonna text about me. Why is y'all even discussed if you're cheating? Why am I a subject matter?
Speaker 2: Why am I in this? Why?
Speaker 3: What's your bringing me up?
Speaker 2: Folk?
Speaker 3: But I was cheating. I never mentioned your name. That was y'all even going by the rules.
Speaker 6: Of cheating, following the protocol y'all got to follow protocols, y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all just talking about me. Now?
Speaker 6: You know my whole vacation schedule, so y'all can get together. He leaving town Wednesday, Now, y'all there together Wednsday through Sunday. Y'all know everything, y'all ain't gonna be talking about me.
Speaker 2: Why is it written anyway? Why why are they in? Email?
Speaker 3: Went up?
Speaker 2: I come here though, that's evident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh huh, you know everything by this man?
Speaker 3: My a one c went up. She told him.
Speaker 2: But I love my husband though, but I love my hoop.
Speaker 3: But I ain't never leaving. Oh no, you're gonna be leaving. It'll be forced to leave here.
Speaker 6: This don't make no sense. Somebody tell me I'm crazy.
Speaker 2: We know you're crazy, but I'm talking about that.
Speaker 6: If you read this email, dog, are we going about life the same way?
Speaker 2: No, we're not.
Speaker 3: We can't. This is impossible. I'm I'm mad.
Speaker 2: I'm you're mad. You're mad. I see it, You're mad.
Speaker 3: I'm mad like this my girl?
Speaker 2: All right, guys.
Speaker 1: Poster your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app Free Never.
Speaker 2: Sounded So Good. You can download it today now.
Speaker 1: Coming up at forty six minutes after the hour, Junior's gonna cool down and give us some sports talk.
Speaker 2: Right after this. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show