Speaker 1: I'm Tari's Maxie and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast.
Speaker 2: This podcast is part of the seventy six Ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 3: Search seventy six Ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our Sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation Law Firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site Sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance company's bell.
Speaker 4: You're still Philadelphia. Seventy six Ers postgame Show presented by Parks Casino Facile.
Speaker 2: Oh Baby Love che to beat on the Fact done against Weapon Yonni.
Speaker 4: Slabs of the seventy six Ers postgame Show Right Now on ninety seven to five the Fanatic.
Speaker 3: So the Clippers extend their winning streak to five games here in Philadelphia with a one twenty five ninety nine victory over the home Sixers. That Clippers record is eleven and seven now. They were led by Hardin tonight, who goes for a game high twenty three points and a game high eight assists. Did have four turnovers. Sixers fall to three and thirteen on the second night of their three game Homestand this is our seventy six Ers postgame show presented by Park Casino. I'm Matt Murphy. I'll cross back over with Tom McGinnis shortly. Will also effort the postgame press conference from Sixers head coach Nick Nurse, as we always do. Six Ers again without Joel Embiid, again without Paul George. Kyle Lowry missed his third straight game. It'll be the Rockets here on Wednesday night, who are twelve and six on the season. This was a sixty two fifty game at halftime with the Clippers leading because they had that big thirty nine point first quarter and then they played even in the second quarter thirty nine twenty seven after the first As we've touched on, but it ends up won twenty five ninety nine for LA to tip off their four game road trip as a back to back. They'll play the defending champion Celtics tomorrow and four other players in double figures. Next behind Harden was Chester, PA Native Derrick Jones Junior, who had eighteen starting for this Clippers team that Paul George obviously signed with the Sixers in free agency. Well Jones goes from the Mavericks to the Clippers in free agency and enters their starting lineup after being part of that Mavericks team that went to the finals against the Celtics last season. Sixers were led by Jared McCain, but his twenty point streak is over at seven games. He finishes with eighteen points. He went three for fifteen from the field, two for eleven from three, did go ten for twelve at the foul line. Maxi had seventeen on five of thirteen, shooting three for six from three, four for four from the foul line. The third quarter was thirty five twenty two Clippers. They end up shooting fifty eight percent in the game, forty percent from three, seventy six percent at the line. We'll bring Tom McGuinness back in here for some some final thoughts.
Speaker 1: Tom.
Speaker 3: The Sixers just got out played by a team that is playing some very good basketball. They they got out to a fourteen to five start in this game, never looked back. Controlled this game for the entirety.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 2: I thought Harden controlled the game and then he and Zubots. Zubots was the best big out there, and he dominated the glass. They continued with that middle you know, one to five pick and roll, right, Harden just dominated the Sixers.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I made the comment later in the second half, when the game was already decided that of all, you know, as tough as this has been through sixteen game, this was the first game that I can think of that was like this where it was not even a contest.
Speaker 3: It wasn't waiting on that one run that the other team separates themselves.
Speaker 2: Right, and the Sixers just, you know, in the first half when you're when you're thinking, boy, if they could just get it down to nine or whatever and then come up with a huge and they just every time the Clippers, if it got to twelve or got the eleft boom, they just made another three or Harden made some free throws hard and was twelve of twelve in the last three games, He's had over thirty plus points from the line and some of those like he still got that knack. He did it with Gershan, he did it with kJ Martin. The game was already decided where he's getting fouled beyond the arc, and it's almost like a you know, the crafty way, because it's not like there were huge fouls even on Maxi right the first challenge of the Yeah, what did he say to Horny brothers? He went from point A to point B. All I know is when they went up, it wasn't even there. You look to see if there's air between the shooter and their defender. There was like four or five inches.
Speaker 3: Right, like fourteen to five start for the Clippers, and that call doesn't go your way for Maxi and the Sixers. And it was just one of those nights. Everything that we said about the Clippers held true, top five rebounding, They win the glass battle forty four to thirty three, top five defense with Jeff Van Gundy helping Tylo's coaching staff, and they hold the Sixers under one hundred points at ninety nine in this one, twenty five ninety nine lost Matt Murphy.
Speaker 1: With Tom McGinnis.
Speaker 3: Here on the seventy six Ers post game show presented by Parks Casino, we await head coach Nick Nurse with his postgame thoughts from this one and kind of some bad news is that Houston is a similar style team to the Clippers, a lot of athletic wing players. And if the Clippers were fifth and rebounding and fifth in defense, the Rockets who come here on Wednesday, they're first in rebus second in defensive rating. Now they will be on the second night of a back to back and flying overnight after coming from Minnesota. But what do you think about that matchup with the Rockets. Yeah, that's a tough one, one of the toughest.
Speaker 2: Probably the reason I say that is because, first of all, Minnesota is very good. But secondly, you're leaving from the Central time zone and coming to the East. The Sixers just did that from Memphis, and that you're getting to bed at four o'clock in the morning, you know what I mean. I don't know if that'll be the case, but you're right about the Rockets. I just watched their game last night. They they've they might be a little bit ahead of their timeline right in terms of their first in their division. They're playing really well, So Trangoon is he's tough. They played Portland last night.
Speaker 3: Well, van Vliet may have may have touched an official. Upon further a closer look, I don't think he made contact with the official, but I haven't seen yet the verdict on what might happen to Fred van Vliet for talking to the officials in last game.
Speaker 2: No, but you're right, it's like overall and this was just one of those games you got to throw out if you're to six or I mean, it's concerning, no doubt, because they didn't have an answer at all. But again, like you said that, when rebounding has been a challenge throughout the year and now you come up against a team that's really good at that, that's a difficult thing. So you got to just keep on keeping on if you're the sixers, just you know, just like you know, wait for the guys to get healthy, keeping a positive attitude, just staying after it and hoping that things will turn. Because tonight is one of these nights where this that's not the case. Tonight is a really tough loss in a blowout. Really, I mean, the Clippers dominated this game.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll try for Nick Nurse. On the other side, Paul George with that left knee bone bruse that's kept him out, he is set to be reevaluated tomorrow and then with EMBIID, and they said Paul George was on the court yesterday with Embiid. They said further updates on his status early this coming week. So hopefully some some good news on the horizon. But we wait for that and we'll wait for the next game on Wednesday here again the Rockets. It'll be another Spirit of seventy six Nights so city edition uniforms and court presented by Crypto dot Com. Wednesday too against Houston.
Speaker 2: Yep, that was a win. That part was a win.
Speaker 3: Everything looked great visually, Thanks Tom. When we come back, we'll we'll try to hear from the coach after the Sixers one twenty five ninety nine loss to the Clippers in Philadelphia. Again McCain eighteen points, a team high harden twenty three for the Clippers. Then let's join head coach Nick Nurse in progress.
Speaker 6: We started the game with some great shots and obviously didn't hit any of them. Right, We actually made pretty good plays offensively kind of all the way through.
Speaker 5: I mean it was tough.
Speaker 6: I mean they were scoring every time, so it was again playing against half court. But we did generate a bunch of wide open threes in the first quarter. But again, like he scored twenty seven in the first year to be feeling okay, right.
Speaker 5: But you can't give up thirty nine.
Speaker 6: It's like, you know, again, we just we just weren't keeping the ball in front of us at all.
Speaker 5: Defensively.
Speaker 7: Caleb only played the first minute and change of the second half.
Speaker 5: Was that about giving him a bleed? There's something going on? What was what was the situation there?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, he had the little hard fall the other night. Back was was a little little sore, right, wasn't sore enough to keep him out? There's nothing again in the in the pictures to show that there's anything seriously long, just playing through a lot of pain and just obviously was struggling as well on top of it. So I just tried to not not go too far with it.
Speaker 3: You guys are one one and two since the meeting last last month, last week.
Speaker 1: I guess, how do you like if you responded to what was said.
Speaker 6: Now, well, I think I'm I'm certainly you know, there's nothing you can say about tonight other than that's just really disappointing.
Speaker 5: Right again, I think I was.
Speaker 6: I was fairly hopeful because as this group, but even even you know, was kind of this group when we played Cleveland played okay, you know, move the ball, guarded hard, played tough. Same group the other night against Brooklyn, right, pretty hard fought game, moved the ball, played tough, right, and they just didn't have one more in them. Right Tonight was was not the energy. Was was the physicality, and the energy was off man, right, picked a picked a tough night to kind of have a everybody kind of go a little bit of energy draining, right, So kinda kinda get them back and get get get to work and get focused and re energize and and you know, recovery.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow and get to get these guys ready to go.
Speaker 6: Because that group, we've seen them play you know, some okay basketball.
Speaker 5: So we got it. We gotta do that. Two days off now between.
Speaker 6: Ya you kind of get and like back with track and folks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's the same.
Speaker 6: I think we gotta again check check where we are health wise. First of all, you know, all the way across the board, and then you know, then see who's going to be available for Wednesday, and then get that group ready to to keep it simple, execute some stuff and and and and you know, get the game plan ready and and just do like normal. But once we figure out who's who's ready to go, we start start getting something together.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, you sense it.
Speaker 3: All the offensive that you guys have, Do you think that affects the defensive?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's been it's been affecting us all year that way. Again, I don't you know we I don't know what we shot from three tonight, but been very good, right, I mean it's it's hard. I think again, like just at the start of the game when you see when you see that you're actually doing some good things and some of your better players are getting those looks and they just continually don't go in. I think it does does affect your defense in a couple of ways. One, you're playing off a long rebound, right, and then you're kind of playing playing a little bit. You know that you're playing a little bit off of some disappointment that you know, you kind of did all that work to get a great shot and we just doesn't go in again.
Speaker 5: So but hopefully those will start.
Speaker 7: Going in thirteen, even though the way these standings are theoretically is not that far out. How do you avoid this spiraling where you know, the misshots turn into weeks of which just like never feels like it's going in, like having these backproking stretches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, listen, we we we again.
Speaker 6: We got to continue to evaluate are the shots as good as they feel? If they're not, we got to figure out how to make them a little bit better. Is the rhythm where it needs to be right, continue to continue to fight, continue to you know.
Speaker 5: Try to We got again.
Speaker 6: Like I'd have told you the last two games, I was pretty happy with the defense, right. The only things I was really worried about with some transition opportunities. Because when we got our defense set up, we were executing schemes we were in we were creating twenty turnovers a night, the offense off the defense was getting better. We were starting to finally capitalize on that. So just just staying with all that stuff, yep, thank you, Yep.
Speaker 3: The head coach of the Philadelphia seventy six Ers Nick Nurse speaking to the media. This is the Parks Casino postgame show after a one twenty five ninety nine lost to the Clippers here in South Philadelphia. Terrence Man for the Clippers ends the game with thirteen points all in the second half. And by the way, in the East, that last question about the East standings, there are only four teams in the East who are above five hundred. The Bucks are in the five spot at eight and nine. But back to Terrence Man quickly. We'll have the audio highlights coming up in the next segment. But Terrence Man, what he did not do other than I mean he scored the thirteen points after halftime, but also he missed consecutive free throw So here is something despite the loss that Sixers fans should take advantage of bricking for chicken time courtesy of Chick fil A. Make sure to download and open the Chick fil A app by ten thirty am tomorrow to claim your free five count Chick fil A Nuggets. You can redeem the reward by scanning the Chick fil A App or by placing a mobile order within three days of the game.
Speaker 1: Courtesy of Chick fil A.
Speaker 3: When we come back, We'll hear the key plays in this loss to the Clippers as called by Tom McGinnis and the seventy six Ers postgame show is brought to you by Parks Casino. Continuing on with our seventy six Ers post game show presented by Parks Casino, The La Clippers won twenty five the Philadelphia seventy six Ers ninety nine. Here in Philadelphia, Sixers picked up their third win in what was their fifteenth game on Friday night here against the Nets. But now in game sixteen, they are three and thirteen as the Clippers win their fifth straight to get to eleven and seven. Sixers played without Embiid, George and Lowry. Again, Clippers have been without Kawhi all season. Also, their leading scorer Norman Powell twenty three point three points per game has not been playing either. But let's jump into how this game sounded. Who stepped up James Harden ends up being the leading scorer on the night. The story coming in was the the Clippers defense. The Sixers went with the same starting lineup of Maxi McCain, Ubre, Caleb Martin and Gershan Yabusele. Clippers on offense, though started fourteen to five to begin the game, forcing a seventy six Ers time out, and in the first quarter in general, Harden was the story. We skip ahead, and he actually gave them their largest lead of the first half with a three pointer three and a half to go.
Speaker 2: First quarter. Nick Nurse hunched over watching the Sixers defense. They're down by sixteen points. Harden for three. Good. James Harden with twelve points in the game, four free throws. That's his first three to have. With that, the Clippers lead thirty.
Speaker 3: Two to thirteen, the first of what would be three threes for James Harden. He had a game high twenty three points in this one, twelve of which, as you heard, were scored in the first quarter. So Harden taking over the scoring lead for the Clippers without Well Leonard and Norman Powell, and they scored thirty nine in the quarter, thirty nine to twenty seven lead over the Sixers. Second quarter, it's Tyrese Maxey. This gets it to an eleven point game, but it wasn't. It took a while for Tyrese Maxey to get on the board. He makes a three on this play to get to eleven.
Speaker 2: Maxy for three from out top. But it's good tyrese max with his twenty fifty twenty six to three of the season. Man with that the Sixers they're down thirteen, so they are getting close.
Speaker 1: Get the deficit to thirteen.
Speaker 3: It should have been three for six from three in the game Maxi, but he would ultimately score eleven of his seventeen points after halftime. Kelly Ubre did most of his work in the first half, and he also cuts the lead almost to single digits for the seventy six ers. Late in the second quarter. Ubre with the dunk.
Speaker 2: Sixers have Maxi Maxi weaving it on two guys bouts of Ubre goes in and champs it from the right baseline. Time out LA good play well, time cut by Kelly Ubra.
Speaker 3: Twelve points for Ubra in the game. Eight we're in the first half. He needed eighteen tonight to reach eight thousand career NBA points, and the Clippers had a twelve point edge at half time, sixty to fifty. By the way, in the first quarter they shot sixty percent. They end the game fifty eight percent, So that tells you that the third quarter or the second half in general, they kept it rolling, which they did. Chris Dunn was really active defensively for the Clippers, the top five unit in the.
Speaker 1: NBA so far, and he gets the layup.
Speaker 2: Hard with the boys got fifteen points in forses, he goes to coffee for three and that's a round it out rebound done, and that's banked up it in and now it's a nineteen point game and Nick Nurse up off the bench.
Speaker 3: He's gonna take time out sixty nine p fifty After the done second effort. He did up two steals, though on the defensive end, and nine points in the back court alongside Harden. Their center Eviza Zubats. He almost had a first half double doubles, so you knew he would get there. Ten points, nine rebounds in the first half and a layup to can tribute to what was ultimately a sixteen point twelve rebound night for Zubats in the middle.
Speaker 2: And now done on the run. They've got numbers five on three, Harden on the perimeter, sixers recovery the lane, Zubots, nobody got the big man. Drummond and Ubre were late to get back and Harden found the big man. Zubots runs right to the room and that combination crushing the Sixers twenty one point.
Speaker 3: Lead outscored the Sixers thirty five twenty two in the third quarter. In the fourth, Justin Edwards Philly Guy, made his regular season debut as a seventy six er, and he ended up tacking on his first NBA points. Made a couple of shots in this game for four points, grabbed a couple of rebounds, but the result was already decided by that point, and the Clippers go on to win it one twenty five ninety nine. Derek Jones Junior had eighteen sandwich between Harden's twenty three and zubots Is sixteen again, Terrence Man thirteen off the bench, Kevin Porter Junior had eleven. McCain with thirteen of his eighteen in the second half, the twenty point streak is snapped Maxi with seventeen. Ubres twelve nine points for Ricky Council the fourth off the bench. Sixers shot just under forty percent, though twenty three percent from three, as you may have heard coach Nurse say in his post game, and then the Clippers, at fifty eight percent and forty percent from three, outrebounded the Sixers forty four thirty three, and the Sixers will look to put this one behind them after a couple of days, get some practice work in and take on a stout Houston Rockets defense and athletic team that also rebounds very well. We will have that one for you on Wednesday. This has been the seventy six Ers postgame show presented by Parks Casino for tonight. The final score the La Clippers won twenty five the Philadelphia seventy six ninety nine. Thanks so much to our engineer Betsy Deming and producers Carl Namoli and Brendan Petrelli. Of course Tom McGinnis on the call. Sixers home again Wednesday at seventy Eastern against those Houston Rockets, and our coverage here on the Sixers Radio Network presented by Jackpott City Casino, will begin at six fifty Eastern with Sixers and sixty on ninety seventy five the fanatic.
Speaker 1: Prior to that.
Speaker 3: By the way, Justin Edwards, one of the few guys that pulled double duty with the Blue Coats today. Lester Kenionez and Adem Bona as well played in both games at Chase Fieldhouse in Delaware earlier in the day. Three of those guys doing it in this one. When Heywood high Smith and Shake Milton did that during the twenty eighteen and nineteen season, they were the twenty fifth and twenty sixth players to ever do that in NBA history, and now others have done it and including those three. Adding to the list tonight, but until Wednesday, Matt Murphy saying so long from the see thanks so much for listening, Have a great start to your week and take care