Speaker 1: Second date up day, We've heard of creative ways. Alexis gets free drinks. When she's at the bar where she claims to be from poison Control and is testing the tequila for arsenic.
Speaker 2: She wants, I'm gonna need.
Speaker 1: Three more Prairie Fire shots just to be like really sure, Oh and six shots for my friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're trying to save the world.
Speaker 1: One of our male listeners apparently figured out another way to get free drinks for him and for his date at multiple different spots, So get ready to take notes here. His name is Nathan. Nathan, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, how's it going good?
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody's super intrigued. They want to hear how you're doing it.
Speaker 1: What do you inspect what do you act as in.
Speaker 5: Like that it's something completely different?
Speaker 3: Okay, no fake inspections.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll get to whatever your method is for getting free drinks in a second. First, tell us about the girl that you went out with. What's her name?
Speaker 5: Oh, her name is Meghan. I met her online.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, what'd you like about Meghan? Sorry, your phone just sounds like you're shouting into a megaphone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh is that sorry?
Speaker 7: Is that better?
Speaker 3: Not really, but we're just gonna go with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Nathan, tell us how you and Meghan got to the point of getting free drinks for each other.
Speaker 5: Okay, so pretty much. Me and Meghan met up for our first date. She tells me that she just got like a promotion at her job. So I was like super excited.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and a great reason to like take her out and have something to talk about and.
Speaker 1: Make her pay for the drinks because she's the one making all the money.
Speaker 6: Now you're rich.
Speaker 5: Now, No, I'm not gonna make a girl pay for a drink. So I have a better idea.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, that's your idea.
Speaker 5: We went to a lot of bars. At every bar I'd walk into, I would just yell out, hey, this girl got a promotion.
Speaker 4: People with the cheers is by a strop.
Speaker 6: And then you ask wait, you said, can you buy us drinks afterwards?
Speaker 5: No, people would just cheer us and then buy a strink.
Speaker 3: Doesn't work on.
Speaker 6: Me, like a big congrate congrats you mind mindset would be like jets from like, you make more money than me.
Speaker 2: You not buy you a drink?
Speaker 3: What bars you're going to?
Speaker 4: Where?
Speaker 3: Like nobody ever gets promotions it's just got fired.
Speaker 6: What's smart about it is it's the truth. Yeah, it's not like you're scamming.
Speaker 3: People like you're engaged like a lot of people. It's like you're legit.
Speaker 2: I'm pretending it's your birthday.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: It's pretty cool that that was working for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean definitely was working. But I mean it got.
Speaker 4: Pretty hazy, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Drinks last bar was actually who is proof?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we went to this one street that has like a bunch of bars, and I was like, pretty like past the point of buzz, you know, like where you're like you got a drinking too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talking zero to one hundred. When you went from like oh things.
Speaker 2: Are good to like now you start yelling for free food.
Speaker 1: Anybody.
Speaker 6: I don't know though, if you're like wasted wasted, Like did you I mean, did you embarrass yourself?
Speaker 5: Sounds like I remember I remember kissing her in the back of the uber, so.
Speaker 3: Okay, did she reciprocate?
Speaker 5: I mean I remember getting back at her place watching some TV.
Speaker 6: Okay, but you don't know how you went from ubers were okay, I.
Speaker 5: Remember ordering you ordered what we ordered to she But yeah, I mean I woke up the next morning and she was like, I'm not really feeling good.
Speaker 2: Hold on, man, did you wake up at her place or your place?
Speaker 5: Her place? But then I just took off, like I got an uber and left. But haven't heard back from her since.
Speaker 2: Before you saw her?
Speaker 3: Were you waking up in bed or just like on the couch.
Speaker 5: I was on the couch, she was in the other room.
Speaker 2: Wait was she still there when you left?
Speaker 5: I think she was. I mean I didn't really look. I was just concerned about getting at home to just recover.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I don't think you really want to like have after a heavy night of drinking and sushi.
Speaker 3: That's the time to be like reconnected, dude.
Speaker 6: You've got to say something like you stayed the night of the girl's house.
Speaker 2: Like, if a dude just left.
Speaker 6: Without saying anything from my house, I would think either A he doesn't like me and he's trying to run, or B he's a little weirdode you.
Speaker 5: Guys don't even get it.
Speaker 4: I was like cracked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that wouldn't be a good look the following day to walk in.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if you texted her, I think it's okay.
Speaker 1: So well, Yeah, what's happened since then? Since you left her apartment? Are you stay in contact?
Speaker 5: Nothing? I got ghosted and I like just dropped off the station of the Earth.
Speaker 3: You know. The good thing about this, she may think the same thing. She may be like, I don't remember a lot. Did I embarrass myself? Like you guys both maybe just playing a caution.
Speaker 6: Do you know if she was on the same page with you in terms of drunkenness?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean she would go hand we were going drink for drink, you know, like she's a cool chick. I'd like to see her again. She's really awesome to hang out with.
Speaker 2: Okay, not lightweight.
Speaker 3: Well, who knows what went wrong?
Speaker 1: Maybe that Uber kiss that you thought was with her was actually with the driver.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna find.
Speaker 2: Out that nobody was thinking that.
Speaker 1: Well, some people have lived better life experiences than others.
Speaker 3: Nobody knows how I've lived my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except your Uber drivers.
Speaker 3: There's the reason I have a five star review. It's a I'm gonna say anyway, Nathan, Yeah, come on, Okay, we're gonna do that.
Speaker 1: We'll reach out to her and get to your second date update. Right after this second date update, if you're just joining us our listener. Nathan went on a wild, kind of hazy first date with a woman named Megan.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was any kind of about it, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, extremely hazy first date where he found out that she got promoted, and that turned into a celebratory bar crawl down the street. He didn't know it at the time, but Nathan actually came up with kind of a genius idea where every bar they walked into he announced, Hey, this girl just got promoted at work, and immediately they'd get free drinks showered upon them. Not showered like on them, but like gifted to them. The way next time we go to lunch, I'm telling everybody, yeah, this girl just got a raise.
Speaker 2: But there wasn't a lie.
Speaker 8: There's a serious and.
Speaker 1: To get you guys, that was fun for Nathan and Meghan for the first two or three bars. After that, he doesn't remember a whole lot except that he spent the night at her place on the couch.
Speaker 2: And I can't believe they ordered drunk sushi.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's that.
Speaker 2: Why not drunk nachos.
Speaker 3: It's an intoxicated choice. Nathan.
Speaker 1: Clearly you had a lot of fun that night. But why is it so important that you get in contact with Megan again? Because maybe this was supposed to be just like a one night crazy thing.
Speaker 2: Did you hear she's got money now she's sugar mama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're over management now, is that it, Nathan?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, I just I thought she was just really cool to hang out with.
Speaker 4: I don't believe a lot of cool people, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of insulting anybody who knows him, by the way, don't be offended by that. Yeah, maybe not a lot of his friends get promoted, so he doesn't know.
Speaker 2: I think that's cool.
Speaker 6: I think that's a really sweet sentiment, which you know, it's it's hard to be sweet.
Speaker 2: And romantic after a very drunken evening.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, you were drunk, and maybe Meghan can help fill in some of the blanks that you have in the night so we can figure out what really are it's going to be.
Speaker 6: It's going to be shocking to me that she doesn't share something embarrassing that you did.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean you're drunk. You don't remember what if she did.
Speaker 1: Somebody did something, something happened, and we need to find out.
Speaker 3: So let's dial her. Here we go, hopefully she picks up. Hello, Hey, is this Meghan?
Speaker 5: Is this she?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 3: Hey Megan?
Speaker 1: My name is jeff from a radio show you might be familiar with called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Which called say congratulations, Yeah, we're the big promotions.
Speaker 3: You got promoted at your job.
Speaker 8: I'm so sorry, I'm a little confused. Sorry, where are you coming from.
Speaker 1: We're a radio show it's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we sometimes reach out to people when we hear they got job promotions. Sometimes we also reach out when we hear they went on a really great date with somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're kind of checking multiple boxes celebrating the job promotion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you fell.
Speaker 8: Sorry, I'm a little I'm a little.
Speaker 3: Simplify this for you.
Speaker 1: We heard that you went out on a date with one of our listeners named Nathan.
Speaker 3: Oh why did you ask?
Speaker 8: Are you serious? Are you guys know him or something?
Speaker 3: Well, he listens to us.
Speaker 1: Nathan is actually the one who told us about your promotion and the way you guys celebrated that night.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh okay, Well what did he tell you? I'm curious?
Speaker 6: Sorry, it's only good things that you sound so nervous.
Speaker 8: I'm shaking. I'm very angry.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, were angry.
Speaker 1: We don't know all the details, but we know there was a bar crawl that had a lot of free drinks ended up at your place.
Speaker 2: But he doesn't remember a lot.
Speaker 8: Oh he doesn't remember. Yeah, okay, I'm not calling him back because he ate my goldfish, my pet.
Speaker 3: Actual fish.
Speaker 8: You just said my actual swimming fish. Cleo, gone, I thought you guys.
Speaker 2: He said you had sushi.
Speaker 8: No, he told you that we ordered sushi.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: Yes, he had like a forty minute conversation about how no sushi places were open and none of them even deliver here. No, did he tell you that we ordered sushi?
Speaker 1: He said, Well, he said his memory was hazy, but that's one of the things he remembered. I'm sorry, there's no way, there's not even in your drunkest state.
Speaker 6: Is a guy doing something that actually because I coached goldfish actually off to.
Speaker 8: I told him I was going to bed. He crashed on my couch. The next morning, I wake up, he's not there, and I noticed that my goldfish tank near the window is completely empty.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold up, okay, is.
Speaker 2: It he didn't even do it when you were present. He did it after you went to bed.
Speaker 8: I didn't see anything. I didn't hear anything, obviously, like fish don't scream, So are you sure, like I've.
Speaker 6: Heard of fish like jumping out of tanks before that happens.
Speaker 8: I looked everywhere. There was no there's no Cleo, she's gone.
Speaker 2: And you don't have a cat a cat, I.
Speaker 8: Have no cat. Cleos was was my only pet.
Speaker 1: We don't Okay, so sad it's we don't know that that's what actually happened.
Speaker 3: You said yourself, and you didn't see it.
Speaker 8: I didn't see it, and I didn't hear anything. But if there's like a strange man in my apartment and he's going on and on about ordering sushi, and I wake up and my fish isn't there, what else am I face?
Speaker 6: Can you imagine telling your friends my date ate my past man.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's try as hard as we can not to jump to conclusions here. It's really important we've heard Meghan's side of the story. It's really important that we get Nathan's side too, because Meghan, he is on the on the other line listen number, so she's not afraid Nathan.
Speaker 4: You there?
Speaker 8: Hey, Hi, Yeah, hey Nathan, how's it going. Are you feeling energized and fueled from eating my fish?
Speaker 4: Did that happen? I'm like forty percent sure that that.
Speaker 3: It doesn't success, right, don't finish that.
Speaker 4: Look, look, I don't know if that happened or not, but like, if it did happen, it's probably because you got that promotion. We got all those free drinks, so that is rich.
Speaker 8: You are blaming me because you got so shape you ate my fish?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, look, I don't really know if I want to take the wraps for something. I don't know if I really did or not. You know, at the end of the day, you could have been in it.
Speaker 8: Consider that fish.
Speaker 2: God, the gold fish male situation.
Speaker 6: Why are you jumping to like being horrified and really sorry right now?
Speaker 1: Confused?
Speaker 4: Look, I don't know what happened that night, okay, but all I know is that we have a chance we can do a do over.
Speaker 5: Sorry about the.
Speaker 6: Off.
Speaker 8: You're a rock or man? Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: He apologized. He admits maybe mistakes have been.
Speaker 2: I love that, he apologized after he blamed me.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 1: Look, I'll tell you this, Megan. We've been doing this segment for a long time, and in the history of it, we've had four people get married after one person ate the other person's pet. You could be lucky number five, the.
Speaker 6: First time we've had anyone ever eat another person's pet.
Speaker 2: Jeff.
Speaker 4: No, that's a cool way to meet.
Speaker 3: A story for the Thanksgiving dinner table.
Speaker 8: If there ever was offially the worst date I've ever been on.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can't say that.
Speaker 1: You can't say that until you go on one more date and give him the chance to lower the bar even far.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be a funny wedding.
Speaker 8: It'd be good because the only other thing I don't want to be eaten personally.
Speaker 6: No, he can bring you a new fish.
Speaker 1: I have a better idea, alexis let's send them to a place that actually serves up sushi for real.
Speaker 8: Traumatic.
Speaker 3: The right way.
Speaker 7: Now, we'll do a Chloe No, just a normal first day without all the heavy drinking, and you guys can give it a redo.
Speaker 8: I'm actually horrified that you suggested that you know what.
Speaker 2: Jeff stands on his own on that one. That was all this idea.
Speaker 1: We do not endorse it, And fine, you're right. Maybe I was a little bit insensitive to Leo. But I'm going to step away now. I'm done defending the listeners. Nathan, you have one final chance to win Megan over.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Megan, would you like to hang out again?
Speaker 3: To the point.
Speaker 4: You should have reapologized first, look, there's really no truth that I did that. If you want to hang out again, though.
Speaker 2: What would the proof be that even grow? Oh sir?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Nathan. It's sounding like it's a no.
Speaker 2: You need to take a break from drinking.
Speaker 4: I don't need a break from drinking. She needs a break from getting promoted.
Speaker 3: Oh that'll teach you.
Speaker 8: Megan's Yeah, maybe I'll learn my.
Speaker 3: Lesson Finallyokie, Jeffrey in the morning. This does not happen a lot.
Speaker 1: But after we recorded that segment, a half hour later, our producer got an email from Nathan. From Nathan's email says, quote, I don't think that went well.
Speaker 2: It took us a half an hour. She sattled that for a half an hour.
Speaker 1: OKA not sure if he'd been drinking during the phone call with us. Maybe he's just starting to sober up and figure out what happened. Yeah, why do I feel like we're definitely gonna hear from Nathan again, though someday soon.
Speaker 6: I mean please, if you have any larger pets, do not go out with anyone named.
Speaker 1: Because it's hard to come back after being accused of eating your date's pet. Yeah, tough hole to climb out of there.
Speaker 3: That's rough when you you burp off a little lizard. Yeah you know.
Speaker 1: But there's lessons to be learned from every single call that we do email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning,