Speaker 1: Td Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call a touchdown, one thing's for sure, touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus best and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings. The Crown is.
Speaker 2: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine.
Speaker 1: In Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueance. See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcap. We saw a blowout, and we saw a major upset, and we saw the coming out of one Jane Daniels. Thank you for joining us for I am your favorite on Shouting Shark. He is crying right now. He's your favorite. Number eighty five the Route Runner. Extraordinary Liberty Cities owned the Pro Bowl of the All Pro Cincinnati Bengal Ring of Fame Honoree the legendary Bengal chad o Cho Senko Johnson and his Bengals got it handed to him tonight. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button. And guys, do us another favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, and remember every subscriber matters. We thank you for mattering the most. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock, and if you can't find it in a city or a state near you, you can order it and we'll ship it a right to your door. Please make sure you go follow my media company page on all platforms. That's Shayshape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. I'm wearing at eighty four te. You can't hardly see it because it's kind of black on gray, but anyway, I do have it on eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 3: Unk and Ocha te's are back in stock, I.
Speaker 1: Want to repeats are back in stock. If you ordered merk is shipping out this week. If you ordered Merk in the last three weeks. It's being shipped this week. Ocho, I hear you got a new cigar that's being a lot. You want to tell us about it.
Speaker 4: Listen, we have the Ocho Ring of Honor cigars coming out. You guys know how much I love cigars, and this is this is one for not only my advanced smokers, but my rookies as well. It's a cigar that you're going to love, You're going to experience and if we have a link with that up there or.
Speaker 1: No, is it up?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's pinned at the top.
Speaker 4: It's pinned at the top, so those that enjoy cigars please, Ring Ring of Honor Cigar is now available my beginners and my advanced smokers. Is something that both of you both if you can enjoy. A matter of fact, you can pair with your let Portier.
Speaker 1: Again. That's the Oho Cigar of Honor, a limited edition tribute to Chad Johnson's legendary NFL career. This is an extremely extremely limited release, so reserve your box now. Only eight hundred and fifty boxes will be made available. Reservations are required and the link is pinned at the top of the chat Again. Oho Cigar Honor, a limited edition tribute to Ocho's career, and it's an extremely limited release, so reserve your box now. Only eight hundred and fifty boxes will be made available, so make sure you go check out OHO Cigar of Honor. He has a site. We pinned the link to the Cigar Honor. It's at the top of the chat. So go support OHO like you have us thus far. At nightcap o Cho, I'm tweeted tonight Jade and Daniels If, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John he's the Gospel.
Speaker 3: He's him, eh period, I period him.
Speaker 1: He's him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is, he is, and he was.
Speaker 1: In twenty one of twenty three, two hundred and fifty four yards, two touchdowns, zero turnovers, ninety one percent completion percentage. He goes on the road in a hostile environment against the Bengals, and they we know the Bengals. The crowd is gonna be rockers. They're oh and two. They don't want to go down oh and three. It's very, very hard to make the playoffs going down oh to three because guess what, in order for you to get back to five hundred, you gotta win your next three games. That gets you back at five hundred. You have a slip up. You could easily be one in five.
Speaker 4: Not to make matters worse. Huh ass ass, I'm not gonna say it. Ass asks can we play next?
Speaker 5: Watch this? Ask asks you the Bengals play next.
Speaker 3: Don't y'all got Don't y'all got Baltimore?
Speaker 1: Now Baltimore? Who they got this? Oh, y'all got the Panthers? Not to win for the Panthers. I got the Panther. That's easy, that's easy. Do whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa?
Speaker 5: Don't who you got Panthers?
Speaker 1: Surf y'all ontle schedule.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm going, I'm going. I'm going to that game. Now that back to this game. Thissten is Jameon Daniels was phenomenal. Jaydeen Daniels at the quarterback position played phenomenal tonight.
Speaker 5: Listen. The franchise, the Commander franchise.
Speaker 4: They got them one, They got them a twelve year they got them a ten twelve year franchise quarterback, and we got a small symp.
Speaker 1: Size of it at LSU.
Speaker 4: I didn't expect them to come in this early as a rookie, And this is the question I ask you as a rookie, and look this good, this early, and my question to you on kid is, but you might have a better, better way of answering why is it that some rookies can come in their rookie year and look the par to look like they've been before, the CJ Shrouds, the Jayden Daniels. And then you have other rookies that don't look the par They struggle, they don't.
Speaker 1: Well, that's where any position, some wide receivers come in and you get a Randy Moss, or you get a Pook in the cool or you get a Justin Jefferson. And then sometimes guys, it takes a little longer. Everybody doesn't mature. Some people reach maturity at eighteen, some people it takes them twenty one. Some people take them twenty five. Some people never damn mature. What you do, it all depends on. Look, the one thing we know about heleft Kingsbury. Yeah he can coach some quarterbacks. Yeah yeah, he and Lincoln Rileigh can coach quarterbacks. Now, you can say what you want to say about them as head coaches, But when it comes to running an offense, when it comes to putting a quarterback and taking what he does really well and accentuating that and putting him in the most positive position so he can have success, it's hard to say somebody is better than those two. Now, Sarkesia might have something to say about that, because we know what he's done with quarterbacks in his tenure as an oc AT a head coach. But that's the one thing Cliff Kingsbury Lincoln Riley can do. They can coach the quarterback position. And he has a quarterback processes information very well, he seized it feel very well. He had Terry mccluurin early on a seventh route and he threw it out of bounds. One hundred percent of the balls that land out of bounds the incomplete. But you say what he did on that next one. He put it up under the rest, gave a clearing an opportunity keep him in bounds in the bread basket, and mcclaury did a great job of holding on to it.
Speaker 3: Oh sure this this young man, I mean, the moment is not too big.
Speaker 1: Now. You saw what he did at the LSU last year he won the Heisman Trophy. He was sensational due a threat quarterback. But the thing that I love most about him, he's not relying on his legs. You wi only run if it's absolute got to if you know he got absolutely necessary, and you know he's he doesn't have the most you know, sides on him. He's not two hundred and thirty pounds, So he understands that I have to pick and choose my spots in order for me to run. And when I do run, I got to make sure I protect myself. They've made it easy. I can slide like I'm going stealing a base. But he was twenty one of twenty three two fifty four two touchdown They ran the ball for one hundred and six yards.
Speaker 3: Though Joe Joey B didn't play bad.
Speaker 1: He was twenty nine of thirty eight three twenty four three touchdowns. They ran the ball for one hundred and twenty four yards. But those first couple of possessions when they fell behind.
Speaker 4: Him, and you know what else, Now, on those first couple of possessions, those two four down conversions that the commanders were able to.
Speaker 5: They were able to convert, able to.
Speaker 4: Convert like that, that hurt, like I thought, honestly to me I'm thinking, listen, Bengals, we have a history of always starting out starting out out the gate, you know, very slow, especially offensively, start zero to two oh and three, don't I don't think that's happened that that that has happened.
Speaker 5: But we've been to this point in a very very long time.
Speaker 4: But the offense looked good, looked good tonight, as opposed to would have did last week and the week and the week prior we had it. We had all hands on deck offensively, but we couldn't. We couldn't pull it out. I'm hoping that when we go to Carolina next week, which is a game that I'm going to attend, I'm gonna go out there to Carolina and tend the game.
Speaker 5: Hopefully that you get bounced back and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Per ESPN, the Commander's Bengals game is the first game since nineteen forty to go without a single punt or a single turnover in the ballgame. Damn oh most sevteen forty. So you're talking about eighty five year, eighty five years though, Joe, our game in which there was not a single punt from either team and either neither team turned the football over. So it was some good, clean football. Nobody brought their defenses. Everybody packed the extra offense right because they were going up and down the field. That less you know, there was no defense being played, O Joe, when you can go think about it, Okay, I've been on teams that we didn't punt the football, but the other team punted, or the other team turning. When you go an entire game and neither team punts, neither team turns it over. That's why the stat nineteen forty ain't a whole lot of people around to see that. I don't even know. They were only probably about five or sixteen playing then maybe Washington, Pittsburgh, the Packers, some the Bears. There weren't a whole lot of teams playing way back there, though, Joe, Like I said, the Packers and the Bears. We know they were playing Washington, Chicago, they were playing maybe the Giants maybe, But there weren't a whole lot of teams.
Speaker 5: Man, this would hurt man.
Speaker 3: Oh, they didn't go by the name. That didn't go by now. They were the Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Dodgers, the Chicago Bears, the Chicago Cardinals, the Cleveland Rams, Green Bay Packers, the New York Jacks, the Pirates which you later became the Steelers, and they also have a Pittsburgh Pirates and the Washington They were known as the uh the derogatory term.
Speaker 3: They're the Commanders now, but we know what that term was. So, uh there was two four six.
Speaker 1: They were eighteens back then, and uh that was that was an unbelievable stat. Earlier this week, Cam Taylor Brett had some interesting things to say about Jalen Daniels. Let's take a listen to the sound, don't y'all?
Speaker 6: Oh oh woman, dogs said, Yeah, they don't make him do a lot. Sure, they keep it really simple form Uh last college of things so key loc so have a.
Speaker 1: Lot more guys around here and there, but they'll just keep it around.
Speaker 6: I heard Transroute, you know some kennermedia stuff.
Speaker 1: We grow. Well, can I ask you a question, O Joe, why y'all talk so much of y'all ain't want nothing?
Speaker 5: Who is y'all?
Speaker 1: I mean? That was the Bengals. The Bengals. The Bengals, y'all talk every year, y'all beat y'all built to beat Kansas City, y'all built to beat this, this, we that. When are y'all gonna win a super Bowl? When are y'all gonna do something that gives you the credence and the credibility to talk? And him, he's talking like he reavers that three weeks litter role. I've heard him mitche Day, Mitchell, he had an unbelievable in one headed interception. Me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, listen, Camp Camp Tell the Britain is a very very good DV. He's a very good DV. He doesn't have to be reabs. But he's a different type of dB. But what he is, he is, he's a good he's a good cover man. He's a good cover man, man and man, good zone whatever it is that they want to do. But I think from an individual standpoint, him talking that might be his his way of playing the game. Listen, When I played, I talked. I talked every week.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: But it's one thing I did, is one thing I did when I did talk? Yes, who backed it up?
Speaker 1: And I asked y'all too, I said, where y'all a y'all talking so much when y'all ain't one ish?
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, that's the way I proased the game. Whether we win it or not, we could listen, we could be on twelve. I'm gonna be talking.
Speaker 3: We we get to talk. We get to talk on Choe.
Speaker 1: We could talk. We won another war. We're gonna get into that a little bit later. We went we won another ward. He ain't tell me, man, it's it's so the thing we I mean, all you had to do is just look and see. Look. Of course, so you expect him to come in as a rookie his first, second and third game, to run an offense as complicated as Patrick Mahomes, as complicated as Josh Allen, as complicated as a guy that's been playing in the National Football League for an extremely extended period of time.
Speaker 4: Of course, I have a question, Yes, do you know what happens when you have a player at this caliber that's doing what he's doing so early. We're talking about Jaden Dans and in general, you have a player fits caliber doing what he doing so early. You watch what he did in college. Why not take what he did in college extremely well, which is the reason why he won, to hide some trophy and application to incorporate that to what he does at the NFL level, and bingo, you get the same thing, the same high level of play the same level of high level of being able to process information, being able to deliver the ball, make make your decisions, do your reads, and if it's not there, put it down and run with it, which is what you're so tin Maybe maybe simplifying the offense makes it that much easier.
Speaker 1: Maybe all I know is, y'all let a rookie with that simple offense. That's very collegiate. All I know is he complete, completed nine passes, he had two touchdowns, no turnover, and y'all enforce the punt. So for that offense to be so simplistic, it ain't y'all lass up. I mean, he will cooking now he gonna be guess what he about to be. He about to be player of the week. He's got to be here f V player of the Week over Sam Donald because he look what he did on the road in a hostile environment. That's what he did on y'all the game all. You gave the game all after the game. So while you over there talking, Brett with your head down, you got your tower, you and your locker talk mumbling you know hate, Hey, we just got to make get no no, nothing, no no, hold your head.
Speaker 5: Up, hey, don't. No, don't they don't talk. Youre Gonta talking about my team. Don't talk about my team like talk about him?
Speaker 1: Are y'all on three? I keep I'm telling you last year has no barring on this year. You keep saying, y'all know we start slow. If we start slow, Okay, keep on starting slow. Guess what y'all in three? Now? You got your work cut out for it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got work cut out. We got more than that work cut out. Listen, if we're serious, if we're serious about the end goal and trying to get to New Orleans, listen, we got more than that work cut out for us.
Speaker 1: But we got to regroup.
Speaker 5: We got to look at each other in the mirror and figure out what is what?
Speaker 1: What did we really want to do? What is that trying to accomplish?
Speaker 4: Because if we if we come out the gate and go ho on foe and we might we chalk with season up.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure out why you're looking at the mill nine. So after the first game that you were in New England, ain't won a game since beat the breaks off you that that wasn't that wasn't that wasn't a check for you? I get it, Kansas City, going on the road to Kansas City. Ain't no harm in losing the Kansas City. But you tell me, y'all build y'all building a beat. Deal almost won that game? Now won that?
Speaker 3: You have You have been? You have been to my diner. You know what my diner?
Speaker 1: What's selling wins and losses, doves and ail. That's all I saved. That's all just on the menu. You can't order anything else. You either get it when you come, when you come to the club sat Shade dinner, you get dubs or you get ails.
Speaker 4: One thing, one thing about the NFL is a game of inches. And that game against the Chiefs. Listen, we we we we would have won that game if it wasn't for what At the end of the game, he ran up, ran up, ran right up.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I mean, I'm just saying, you know, but you're right, But.
Speaker 1: Listen, we can't. We can't we go on foe.
Speaker 4: If I'm telling you, I'm telling you that we go on foe, I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Go slap ass off and I'm gonna start snapping.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to know. I don't want to talk about this. I want to talk about y'all being O three. So what's going on?
Speaker 5: Oh Joe, I don't I don't know. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: Obviously day defensively, uh, we didn't show up. We didn't show up. Defensively. We have two of our d tackles that that are hurt right now. And that's it. From off of the standpoint, we look good. Offensive were good. I think we could have we could have done more.
Speaker 1: But I mean, god, y'all, you know your defense was kicking with your offense was selling for field goals to y'all would match the touchdown for touchdown. Yeah. Team in the NFL has ever started and three and made it to the Super Bowl Since nineteen ninety, since the new format was instituted, only four teams have made the playoffs after starting oh and three.
Speaker 4: But there's a possibility that we might be the fifteen to make it after start knowing three, which.
Speaker 1: Is a possibility. There's a possibility I can win the lottery. I ain't going to buy two hundred million dollars house to prove it. There's a possibility I can win it. You going to buy a house that cost forty million with the possibility you might win the lottery to pay for it. Absolutely not, Okay, I was just checking. All I need to know is what's going on with y'all? Ifaise o, Joe? It was callery. The office didn't look that bad. Joe Burrow had a good game today.
Speaker 3: You know the calories. Did y'all ever have the lead in the game?
Speaker 1: No? Okay? At one point y'all was down by like for thirteen fourteen, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: And we was able were we was able to come back to.
Speaker 1: Do what.
Speaker 3: What y'all got? What's the close of y'all got in this ball game?
Speaker 5: Who was it?
Speaker 1: Thirteen ten? No? Ten? Ten? Ten?
Speaker 3: I think it was all that.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, all I know is the only time that closeness matters if you're slow dancing or you're throwing your nave the pitching horseshoes? Now which one were y'all doing tonight? That closeness had to batter. Hey, I mean, I ain't slow dance since I was in eighth grade. I remember eighth grade we had a dance, Oh Joe, I would the chaperones kept busting my hustle. I tried to get it in, don't you you know? You back it up? Back it up? Out of here.
Speaker 3: Damn that don't shake cook.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to cook gonhow you know what I'm failure? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, you know it's funny. Normally I'm not at a loss for words. Normally I always have a reason and a reason for why things are the way they are. But you know, it's almost unheard of for a team, especially like the Bengals, with the type of talent that they have on both sides of the ball, with a quarterback like we do have it to him to be oh and three, Like, there's really no explanation for it.
Speaker 5: I can't explain it.
Speaker 4: I would love to see the All twenty two film, but like, god, damn, just watch this watching from afar actually being at the game to night is it's hard from just playing?
Speaker 5: What the problem is?
Speaker 1: M h? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know we did.
Speaker 5: We didn't play well on defense, so I know I know that.
Speaker 1: I know we had to confu for the punt. Hell no, you didn't play well on defense. You gave up thirty eight points to a rookie quarterback and just this third start, and but y'all was close like men in eighth grade. You know, I've tried to have my hands down around the waist, and every once in a while I drop them a little lower. They talking about put your hands on the shoulder slow dancing. Don't try right put their hands over their shoulders. They're talking about slow dancing. I ain't over in the Halloween. I ain't franking stein Man. I'm trying. You don't try to get you know, I'm trying to get closed. You know what I'm saying. I don't try to get close.
Speaker 5: Right right right.
Speaker 1: They busted my hustle though, that washing them, But y'all hustling nights. It's fine.
Speaker 4: Listen, we're gonna be all right. We're gonna be alright. And listen, I'm trying not to get emotional. And I promise myself I wouldn't cry.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't need to be crying.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm crying too much on this damn show. In a minute, God damn. But but I think we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna be all right.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to I'm trying to remain optimistic. I'm not trying to throw the towel. And I think even at and three, we might be sitting here ten weeks from now.
Speaker 5: Hell, they might be ten and three.
Speaker 3: Hey, I got a tie where you can throw it. If you ain't got, we handed.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, we got we got with it takes though?
Speaker 1: What to what you mean to turn the season around?
Speaker 5: It's still early. It's only this week three. It's week three.
Speaker 1: We still got thirteen weeks to go.
Speaker 3: Okay, Gloria Stefan turned to beat around. Yeah, I'm waiting.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's it's possible.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: If there's anybody that can do it, Joe Burrow can do it.
Speaker 1: Man, we put man on the move. Hell, anything possible. Yeah, they got people living right now with pigs heart. Yeah. Oh yeah, anything possible. Hey, it ain't like we got Chase Chase Brown. Hey, all I do. The Broncos won, went on the road and doing a number on Tampa Bay. Who the Broncos got more vigories than the Bengals. Man, y'all won one game by love? Man, Come on, how many games have you won? Last I checked? One is more than none.
Speaker 3: Now, I ain't no mathematician, imagoros.
Speaker 4: But what what what you don't want to do is you don't want to put your foot in your mouth talk about your Broncos winning the game when.
Speaker 1: I'm just stating obvious we went on the road and beat Tampa. You'll at home. Who y'all got next week? Whatever it is. The only way y'all can catch us with the one loss record is y'all gotta win. We already got a dug.
Speaker 4: I guarantee the Bengals finished this season with a better record, and actually we'll be in the playoffs, unlike your Broncos.
Speaker 5: Now let's let's Broncos got the Jets.
Speaker 1: Bronco, we got the Jets. Oh game lost?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you might will chalk that up because the way Aaron Rodgers looking right now, he gonna pass you out of home in there.
Speaker 3: Where they play a man in New York, it don't.
Speaker 4: Matter where they playing. It don't matter where they play. That definitely don't matter. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Well, clearly don't matter where y'all play, because y'all lose wherever. Y'all losing Massachusetts, y'all go to Kansas, Missouri, y'all losing in Ohio. So clearly it don't matter where y'all play either.
Speaker 4: Okay, keep the same energy when we got telling you, keep the same energy when we get to the middle of the season.
Speaker 1: Oh, it'll be over you and I be Hey, we probably be reminiscent. It t all about hey tall about next season? Noah, no, not Hey.
Speaker 5: I just saw somebody in chat some about the Bangalsh tank to get Travis Hunter.
Speaker 1: Hey man, Hey, hey, they take if they won't you, Paul Brown, they paying nobody. He gonna stop cut, he gonna turn the direct department. Not on everybody. Jack the Pails robbing the Jags forty seven ten in Buffalo, Josh Allen led five touchdown drives in the first half. All five led with touchdowns. They had thirty four points at to have Josh Allen twenty three or thirty two sixty three four touchdowns in the game. Allen also rushed a forty four yards old six carry. The Bills have scored thirty points in each of their first three games. That's the first time since twenty eleven. Remember the concerns that a bollyhood about the Bills trading Stefan dig The Jags have lost the NFL worst eight straight games dating back to last season.
Speaker 3: Trevor Lawrence has started each game.
Speaker 1: He's joined Jim Pluckin as the only number one overall quarterback in the common draft. And I think the common draft goes back to nineteen sixty seven to have multiple losing streaks of at least eight or more games. Lawrence lost eight straight as a rookie in twenty twenty one. And when, at what point in time do we hold rebel Laards accountable and said he's not what we thought he was?
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean, at what point do we now now got you?
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to guide me chat y'all gonna have to stay with me on this game, because obviously I was at the Bengals game tonight, so I wasn't able to see.
Speaker 5: The Bills demolished the Jaguars.
Speaker 4: I had no idea the score was like that, and I'm thinking to myself, I'm thinking, listen, the Bills. You lose when you are dominant targets and Stefan Diggs, and I had no idea what they would look like. I thought it would be a rebuilding process somewhat because Josh Allen is taking up so much of that money, so much of the cap space. It's only so much they can do offensively and putting pieces around him.
Speaker 5: But I don't know how they're doing it. But he's making it work.
Speaker 1: They making it work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and goddamn right now with the way Josh Allen's playing with them having thirty they scored thirty this week, the night they scored.
Speaker 5: Forty seven, they had thirty some last week.
Speaker 4: If I'm not mistaken the first goddamn game, even though it's early and early in the season, Josh Allen would be the MVP front runner right now.
Speaker 1: Based on how he's playing. Well. I think that's with that miss target. Well, you have to look at it like this. Now, he was a different player once he got step Undeg. He's established himself now. It's kind of like Patrick Mahomes. I don't know if Patrick Mahomes would have turned, he still could have been Pat Mahomes, but he had Tyreek. So he had Tyreek for those years, built his confidence, his ability. So now when you take Tyreek away, he's still Patrick Mahoons. You can't till he missed him other than the deep the deep shots that they haven't been able to connect on since he's been gone. But he went back to back Super Bowls. He's going to League MVP and he's a two time Super Bowl MVP. So Josh Allen, because he had those years, he's grown, he's matured. Well, you can lose that piece once you become established. It's kind of like you starting a corporation, O Joe. You might now build that corporation. You need certain pieces, but once you get it going, you know how to operate without a big important piece.
Speaker 4: Wait, but okay, now that you say that, do you think that the Bills have an honest chance to get where they want to go? Obviously, compete for Lombardi Trophy in New without without without one special piece to be able to get the ball to Or is it better that he doesn't have a Stefan Diggs where he has to force the ball to enforce feed him and find ways of getting the ball to keep him happy, or you think it's better how the situation is now.
Speaker 1: I think I have a lot to do with the quarterback and how he handles that situation. A lot of guys like going to the go into a situation where it takes away from them because they're trying to keep X happy. Tom Brady knew how to do it. Tom Brady, like you said, he knew how to talk to Randy. Hey, bro, I ain't got it to you yet, But don't think I ain't trying. Don't think I ain't looking. And you never saw anybody show Tom Brady up on the sideline. Happy, You never saw anybody show Peyton Manning on the sideline. Have you?
Speaker 3: You never saw anybody show up Patrick Mahomes. You see, there has to be a.
Speaker 1: Certain level of respect that works both ways in order for us, if we're a teammate, if we're both trying to do the same thing, don't show me up because guess what happens. Normally what happened when you show somebody up, you drop a couple and sometimes it's in crucial situations. And then way, so now the quarterback, the quarterback was like, you gonna feel some type of way. You have to always be cognizant of that o jo because the sun ain't gonna always be shining face.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's gonna be at your back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so uh yeah, I think you know Josh when he's dealing like this, when he doesn't turn the ball over him the only problem is turnovers. People to say he's overrated, I don't know what they're looking at, because if Josh Allen is overrated, well they're about twenty eight other quarterbacks that's over damn rays. Josh Hellen isn't overrated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, listen, I think more so maybe he was. He's turnover prone and once he's been able to fix that with the decision making and most of the time and you be.
Speaker 1: Trying to do too much, Ojo. Every situation doesn't call for you to be Superman. Sometimes you can be Clark Kent. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Odo. Sometimes you can put on your hat, your top coat and just drive.
Speaker 3: You don't have to save the world every single day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Listen, sometimes he get into that mode where he tries to save the game when that's not required of him. Yeah. And you know he's to know when to change in that suit, right, m hmm. But Trevor Lawrence, he's lost eighty straight. Monday night also marked the first time Damar Hamlin has gotten an interception. It's been six hundred and thirty days prior to themar Hamlin. Remember that incident that happened in Cincinnati, o Jo, Yes, suffer cardiac Chris on the field.
Speaker 3: They had to resuscitate him.
Speaker 1: They brought him back, and now he's starting for the Buffalo Bills and he got his first interception tonight.
Speaker 5: Congratulations tomorrow, well deserved.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm very happy.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think, where did I meet him?
Speaker 1: Man and man friend? Yeah? I made him in Free Yeah. Yeah, we're on a panel. We actually we're on a panel discussion me he I and a goom okay and so yeah, great young man. Understand the ordeal that he went through. Obviously it's tough because you don't know. Yeah, if you're going to ever play again, that's the last thing on your mind when you're going through that situation. I'm sure all he was thinking about, let me get healthy, and I want to. I don't want my dream to end like this. This is not how I've got to at least try to get back, and if I get back, I can live. But at least I came back. That wasn't That's not what That's not what I want people to remember me for. It's lead laying on the field, non responses, being brought back. Then ride off into the sunset. So tomorrow. Congratulations, Bra, We're proud of you. We're rooting for you. You have a lot of support out here, not just your family, friends and loved one, but the entire football community was rooting for you. Congratulations on your first interception. This what's supposed to be marquee year for the Dolphins so far as turned into a night where as it stands, Tour will not be able to practice and play until Week eight at the earliest, and even that might be a hopeful timeline. While the schedule extremely favorable until that time, they get the Titans, Patriots, Coats, and Cardinals, it's tough to favor Miami and any of them based on their quarterback situation.
Speaker 5: Whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 4: Listen, brother, Sclet Thompson is hurt, Tyler Huntley is stepping in.
Speaker 1: Tyler hunter has played some.
Speaker 5: Good football when it's with the Ravens, Like, I think he can bring a little.
Speaker 3: Bit different though that was a run based offense based offense.
Speaker 5: And you know what, you know what I think, even from a.
Speaker 4: Passing standpoint, I think I think it'll be a little bit a little bit better than Skylet Thompson and being able to get that guy damn ball to wadle, being able to get that ball to cheese up, being able to get that baller. Yeah, I think we're gonna be I think we're gonna be all right. Now that night, through a threat quarterback, he can pull it down the run with it when he needs to. It might not be as bad as you think. If he can, if he can, if he can get in the boys about it, maybe.
Speaker 5: The two and two.
Speaker 1: What it's bad? So you don't believe in Tyler hunting. You say it's not as bad as I think. I think it's worse.
Speaker 4: No, it's not as bad as you may think think it is. Okay, I'm not saying that we were bringing in Lamar Jackson. I ain't calling him Lamar Jackson. But man, he can play.
Speaker 1: You know, you know with a fridge. You know Hunley was a fridge in at one time. Right, here's a who a free agent? Yes, I mean any other thirty two other teams could any one of those other teams could have signed it.
Speaker 5: But sometimes you know they do that for you.
Speaker 3: You know that huh oh Jr. Stop not a Hugh a quarterback.
Speaker 1: They might do that to some other positions, not that position, because it's too valuable. It's too valuable a plot of land.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say something, but I ain't gonna say it.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, I don't even feel like being controversial. But don't worry about it. I let that one go. I think the thing is is that. Look there are Ryan Tannehill is available, Cam Newton is available. I don't don't know if Camp really wants to play or if he's in shape to play football. Dansmond Ritter who possible trade targets Bryce Young, Russell Wilson, Carson Wentz Wait to go where to Miami?
Speaker 4: Bright, Young, and Tour on the same team. I wonder what, I mean, what other quarterbacks out there that are familiar with that offense?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I like Carson wins ran a variance of it. Doug Peterson. Doug Peterson learned under Andy Reid. Andy Reid got the West Coast Carsel Mike Holgren. So it's a it's a it's a offshoot of it. It's not. It's not like Kyle shanahan and Sean McVay and Mike McDaniel all those guys. Really yeah, but it's it's a it's an offshoot of it. Or they could tank and get the number one pick next year. Tank.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know how difficult it is.
Speaker 1: You might get and you might get Travis Hunter, or you could get your door.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, wait, Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: No, Miami, mote on from Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I'm thinking about the quarterback situation because I'm thinking about being a bus I hate using that word. I hate using that word for that position, especially when you go as high as number one.
Speaker 5: To Miami. Sh your door.
Speaker 1: Man, that's that's no, that's impossible.
Speaker 5: You just pay too, That's impossible, Damn man.
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes people build a new house and sell it. What sometimes people build a new house and sell it?
Speaker 5: No, not really, not really, I've never I've never heard of that one.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you build something, you're gonna be that longer than three or five years.
Speaker 1: No, I'm looking to flip.
Speaker 5: Are you trying?
Speaker 1: Maybe they gonna get Joe Flacco.
Speaker 5: Okay, now that now that's a good move you talk about.
Speaker 4: You want to you want to add a spark to your offense and not miss a beat or step.
Speaker 5: You go get your Joe Flacco.
Speaker 3: He gonna push it down the field. Now he got an arm.
Speaker 5: There, you dot.
Speaker 1: He ain't gonna move.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: The Statue of Liberties move more than Joe Joe Flacco in the last hundred and seventy five years.
Speaker 3: Okay, one fifty. But anyway, you get where I'm going.
Speaker 5: Hey, I got you I got you.
Speaker 1: Forty nine ers. Fans, oh Joe are burning Brandon. I use jersey to do nothing. That's the point. That's why they bring That's why they burn in the jersey.
Speaker 4: Oh here they go. Man, come on now, man, fans we got, we got. Fans have to stopped being so fickled. You mean your branding. You listen, you paid for that jersey. You ain't hurting branding at all. You're not hurting them at all. But but did he did he do something wrong with the god him on fantasy fantasy team and they expecting the fact that he got all that money, he's supposed to come out out the gate having a phenomenal season. He had no trend what they expect. Yeah, that's not That's not the way it works. That that's not the way it works.
Speaker 1: Where Justin Jefferson got paid, that's the way it worked. Ceede Lamb got paid. He worked well, you know he got paid. It worked. So what you mean it's not the way it's spoiled to work. I mean Brown came out the gate fired until he hurt his hands straight. It worked, came out to gave fired, it worked.
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to figure out what you mean, that's not how.
Speaker 1: It to work.
Speaker 4: You Notice everybody you just mentioned was in training camp except CD. Yeah, okay, yeah, just just making sure, just just showing you the importance of the portance of training camp and.
Speaker 5: How much how much is training camp doesn't matter, hey listen, oh.
Speaker 4: Shit me, oh it mattered you See though, Remember the first game he dropped those two balls. Remember end zone, the corner out of the corner around end zone that.
Speaker 3: We're right, Yeah, I saw, yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: And listen, I'm telling you as much as much you've been doing it all your life. We've been playing for the game of football all our life. There's a reason why you have practice. There's a reason why you have training camp, because in real time you want your handlin coordination to be open. Beyond you have to train the eye to be able to see that ball, no matter how easy you may think it is, because it at game tempo and game speed is.
Speaker 1: Different, especially at night, o Joe, because you know how to eat that ball to get lost up in those lives.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't realize it quick.
Speaker 3: To go, I mean to go for like wop and then especially when that ball is up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why you know. That's what I tell people. You catch the football with your eyes, not with your hands. People always no, no, no, no, You got to look that thing in and the objective is is to try to pick it up as quick as you can out of the quarterback saying yeah, because if you wait to that ball halfway going to the way down, it ain't gonna work. And then plus it's harder to catch the ball once you once you jump or you die because your eyes jump. Yeah. And so it's a hard throw, the hardest throw the catchers over the top because you got to track that ball from.
Speaker 4: You crack it, yeah, especially especially if it come over your shoulder to it.
Speaker 3: Because drop it out of yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you got to track that ball just like this, just like a base just like a baseball player. You see baseball players.
Speaker 3: How they track the ball and they catch it over the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Draft you with great at doing that, and you drones bets a lot of those center Willie May's great center fielders contract the ball.
Speaker 3: But guess what what do they say? They pick it up at the crack of the bat.
Speaker 1: Right, See if you win, if you don't hear that the crack of the bat, you don't know where to go and how fast you need to go to get there. So the objective is to try to pick that ball up as quick as you can out of the quarterback pan.
Speaker 5: And you know it's so, you know, it's funny.
Speaker 4: Sometimes depending on how deep the rod it is, you don't even see the ball lead a quarterback hand.
Speaker 1: You just see the offensive line and defensive line.
Speaker 4: You just see the ball. You just see the ball his hand. Yeah, try to track it the best way you can.
Speaker 1: That's why I always tell guys, the quickest, the best way to catch your football is to get your head around a sap. Yes, sir, give up because if you slow with your hair, you couldn't be slow with your head with John, because you're gonna hit you upside your dawn. Man if you ay, if you were slow and people don't realize he's throwing that ball forty miles an hour, that'shit hurt, right because you not expected. Just to imagine when somebody hit you upside your head. Yeah, you got to help it all. But that don't help, right, So snap your head around, get your eyes and try to catch the football. But y'all in trouble. Uh, Look I understand fans. Fans are upset that he's not off because remember how he parlayed into that contract a sensational last year, especially with Debo being out right, and so he stepped up and showed I can be a number one.
Speaker 3: So they just want that Debo. I look, I get it.
Speaker 5: It's coming.
Speaker 1: It's coming. Yeah, it's coming. Uh check this out O Joe ed Adam Shefter is reporting Tristian McCaffrey is seeing a specialist in Germany regarding his Achilles tendinitis.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't the forty nine ers be panicking?
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're going to see a specialist in Week three the football season, and the specialists all the way in Germany, which means all the resources that the NFL has that are actually right here in the States don't know what's going on, and you go to a specialist that far away.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. That's why where you think where you think all the top guys go, where you think Tiger win? What do you think Manning win? What do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because you have to understand, in America they have certain standards that other countries will go above and beyond those standards. Mm hm.
Speaker 3: So if it's on somebody else dime. Hell yeah, I'm going.
Speaker 5: To Dame Achilless.
Speaker 3: Oh I had it. I had it in college my senior year.
Speaker 1: O Joe. Oh that thing was a b.
Speaker 4: So how did I mean, how does it work? Does it feel like you're gonna I.
Speaker 3: Feel like it's a sharp pain any time?
Speaker 1: Walk? Forget running, walking was a project. Walking was a problem. It's just like you never had ten of nighters in your knee or anything like that. But just imagine a ten of nighters in your key leads, man, I miss That was the only time that I had never missed practice in high school, had never missed college, practiced in college until my senior year. Think about it, know, Yoe, my senior year, I'm one of the top wide receivers in the country. Scouts every day, right, I got ice. So I'm sitting out there not practicing. I got ice, but two weeks like I missed. I probably missed like six seven practices.
Speaker 5: Wait, how many games you missed?
Speaker 1: I ain't missed no game because it was it was. It was in the like as soon as we got the camp. What happened was the trainer TAKEE, take me too tight, and the tape and the tape cut into my KI leads and so that's that's that's what brought that's what that's what brought it on. And so, uh, I may or may not have gotten an injection in it. I'm gonna leave it at that. I know you're disposed to, but I just said I may or may not, and I will leave it at that.
Speaker 5: So he might miss a little bit more time.
Speaker 3: Oh, he gonna miss some time her. So that's a missing.
Speaker 1: That's only four weeks though. Yeah, okay, okay, they put him on Who I Are after the first game.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, so okay, he still got three more to go.
Speaker 1: But you know a lot of people go overseas, Joe, because you know America, the U s d A. They got standard. They can only spend it. You know, if they do that p r P and they do that stem cell, they can only spin it one of two times. You know. Germany, they spend that thing and they'll spend it again, and they'll put a little diss in here, and they put a little that in there. You know, they put a little hole.
Speaker 5: That's messed up. Man, I'm mad by this.
Speaker 1: But you're going there on a wheelchair. Oh joy, then you come out doing the tuesdie roll Ah. I'm telling you, I thought about I thought about going over there to getting your hips. Work. No, but they say, mister there you go, mister sharp. They said, mister sharp, the home bone. And right now we have a developed we have a developed a system that will go cartilage. He said, if you could go cartilage, I will tell you to go. You can't, he said, go and get stem cells and pere. He's all you're doing is waste your money because the insurance doesn't care cover it. Out.
Speaker 3: I said, man, let' me gonna get you a hundred one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Hips and your hits cost one hundred four thousand.
Speaker 3: Each, damn each each.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm gonna push you over.
Speaker 1: That's cool, but it worked. Now they work.
Speaker 5: You go, oh yeah, we know you get back that you go.
Speaker 1: It's still soon. Let me get an.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, let's get let's get the least, get the okay.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna say it, No, I ain't gonna say that. I'm just saying you. I mean you said that you lad that was a layoup about yeah right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh yeah, we know that you gave that. I gave your Alleen Hoover, you the boo you yeah, yeah, yeah. You dunked over, you dunked it over. So many bad who I ain't mentioned nothing else about, no help or nothing.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, okay, I got you, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 1: Chris Long had some thoughts on coaches calming Jayalen Carter on the sideline doing the wind over the say. Let's take a listen to what he had to say on his podcast Greenlight.
Speaker 3: Hold On, hold On.
Speaker 7: I don't give a fuck what Jalen Carter does at the end of the game. He could have done it for three more minutes, flapping his gums at people, inciting people on the field, talking shit to whoever whoever you want.
Speaker 1: That's hold on.
Speaker 3: It's a war. It is a war out there.
Speaker 7: And if you haven't been in a game like that, don't tell Jalen Carter to calm down, because I like it when he cares. And if that's what, if that's how it manifests when this guy's locked in, then he needs to come to the stadium every week just like that. And that's what the vets are for. I would rather say woe than sick them and and I am totally fine with how he showed up to go to war yesterday.
Speaker 3: You like that, od Joe, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like it a little bit. I like it a little bit, but I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't like Jaylen the part where were dismissing the coaches and them trying to calm them down.
Speaker 1: It's okay, you.
Speaker 4: Know, chirp, chirp a little bit, chirp a little bit, chirp a little bit, but not not be so dismissive of those trying to get you to settle down where it seems like you're almost uncontrollable. Like yeah, I just I don't like that part. But you know, listen, I'm all for it. Listen this me now, the the the the actual trash talker. I'm all for that, especially in a week, but doing it and in a in a controlled manner, you know, seeming like see being I rate in a sense where your coaches can't even come three of them can't even call me down and come on, now, come on. But I don't want to take away from Jaynen Carlon on what makes him him, that makes you you so be it, but just you know, be able to be able to to to kind of take heed of those that trying to get you calm down.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I never really got that upset.
Speaker 5: I didn't right right right right.
Speaker 1: Now now with the coaches. I mean, look, I think the thing is is that coaches kind of know like who to go at and who not to go at. I come off the field. You know, hey, I don't miss the block. I dropped the past, you know A you know normally like hey, eighty four, we need that. Come on, sharper you better than that. I get it. But you know, like coaches start talking too much. I just right, that's it.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's it, Okay, I heard you.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'd be like dollar Billo, make me say that if I said this helmet, Don's gonna be trouble. Trouble. But I but I see I see let bro, Bro.
Speaker 3: Calm down, yeah man, don sharp man.
Speaker 1: F dad man. I told him, But I said, Bro, I get it, yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't like players like that.
Speaker 1: You can't control you, you Bro, you right knowing he dead ass wrong you.
Speaker 5: Right right right? Bro?
Speaker 1: The calm down the little hey Bro, what what you need from me? How can I help? No? Sharp, Man. I told the man stop, bro, Yes, it's calm down, hey, take it out of him. Don't be tearing up our sideline, throwing water cooler, the kicks, you know, kick shover him, get him. But it's tough on your bad cause you know, I had a couple of teammates like that. Man, Man, Sharp, you do why I gotta talk? Why Sharp gotta talk to it? He ain't even on sharp side of the football. Why I gotta talk to it?
Speaker 5: Gotta be crazy?
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, but you know, hey, you calm down, like, hey, come on now, we got a responsibility here. People look bad people looking. It's not gonna be a good look. You don't. Yeah, your family understand. Hey, let's let's calm this thing down. Let's get a levelhead about ourselves. Let's go out there places football kicks the mask. Let's get this dubb and gone home. We're gonna laugh about it on the plane. I just want you to know I'm a jone issue at you when I get on that bus. Now, just so you know, just so you ain't just ay man, go ahead on, man, that's all you do. You joke all the time. Sharp, You ain't nothing serious. I don't.
Speaker 3: Definitely not you, definitely not you being upsett on this sideline.
Speaker 4: I don't acting a backing of fool plump food.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Justin Tucker wildly reviewed as the greatest kicker hearing Adam Militarry. However, However, through the first three games, Tucker is just five of eight on field goal attempts, and he's missed at least one field goal in every game thus far, including a forty eight yard in the fourth quarter. After the game, John Harbaugh acknowledged tucker struggles. I said that yesterday. Oh people jumped on my timeline.
Speaker 5: It ain't.
Speaker 1: But anyway, we've been together for a long time. You have a lot of conversation. He's everything you want, the player and the free and for Justin, I guess just a technique issue right now.
Speaker 3: He's working through. He knows exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: It just needs to smooth it out, smooth it and smooth it back out. I'm very confident he will. O Jo.
Speaker 3: Will kicking problem be a problem for the Ravens?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Listen, Justin Tucker is arguably maybe one of the greatest kickers of all time, and just like baseball. Sometimes sluckers they go into a slump and they know what they did. They know what they need to do to put themselves out that slump. Listen, when it comes to kicking, Justin Tucker knows what he needs to do. That's what he needs to do. All you do is go back to the basics. You go back to the basics, get yourself into a routine, and get yourself into a rhythm with those basic fundamentals that you learn when you first started kicking. And then sometimes you get away from those things. Sometimes you get away from those things. And I think once he does that, just Tucker will be all right, He'll be fine. And this is coming from a kicker.
Speaker 1: So I think the bigger issues for the Ravens of them damn penalties. They had twelve again yesterday. Ojoe, Yeah, that's gonna be that that You look, You'll hope it doesn't come down for a kick, because Justin Tucker has a rookie Cook kicked the Baltimore Ravens to the to the you know, he beat the Broncos. They went in the divisional round of the playoffs, and he hit the field goal as an undrafted rookie and he hasn't looked back since he's a clutch kick after clutch kick, he's won a lot of ball games. He's the NFL record holder for phield goals sixty six yards, although Aubrey almost broke it yesterday. He kicked a sixty five yarder with the difference of a sixty five yarder in the first quarter versus a sixty six yard at the end of the game to win you the game. That's the difference between Adam van Terry. That's the difference between Justin Tucker. A lot of kickers got legs, but can you make it when it matters. If you miss this, you're going home. It's so much difference. But you know, a lot of it, like you said, a lot of it is right here. Yeah. Mental, We've seen We've seen baseball players. We've seen Chuck nd blocks Steve Hey. They get the yips and they can't the ball right here. They can't get anything, David do ball in Baker Fish guys get the yips. It's hard. If anybody can do it, Tuck can boy. Kicking is is much more mental.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, most definitely, especially especially when the game is on the line.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, kind of pressure. You know what kind of pressure that is when the game is on the line as a kicker.
Speaker 4: And I can tell you, you know, I'm not telling you what I heard him telling you what I know because.
Speaker 1: The game was on the line for me with the Bengals.
Speaker 4: It might have been a preseason game against the Patriots, but the game was sitting on the line.
Speaker 5: You know, I had to make the kick because our kicker went down.
Speaker 4: And you know, you know, I'm I'm I'm perfect as a kicker in the NFL, so so technically I could probably be the greatest kick of all time.
Speaker 1: That isn't talked about. That's the reason. But I wish took the best man. Look, obviously everybody knows my team is the Broncos. Played twelve years from them, but I did get two years in Baltimore, and so that's the team I root.
Speaker 3: For a second, I want the Ravens to do well.
Speaker 1: Like I said a lot of people that that when I was there, Oh ho, they're gone, They're gone. Steve man Shotty was the minority owner. He ended up buying the team, but Ozzy is still there. Yeah, And and that's really the only connection that I have because everybody else is really gone, and I don't bother him that much anymore. But Steve has always told me, look you walking with open arms. Hey, you know you and os I know you, and ours relationship is great, but it's it's it's it's tough to like be put in a situation where like I can't because think about how many games that they've won because of a kid, and just to think that they could possibly be in a different situation. The copse of a kick doesn't sit well with me, but hopefully he turns it around. The Ravens got back on the winning track last week against against the Cowboys, and hopefully they can build some momentum and get a couple of dubs up under their belt. Pittsburgh looks good, but we'll see what they could do they step up and play in the division, because I don't think the Steelers have played the division game, have they? I don't think they played the division game yet. Reggie Bush, the former US running back, had had his heisband return back in April. Now he's suing the n c A, a USC and the PAC twelve. He's seeking compensation for the use of his name, image and likeness. While he was with the program. In the suit, which was fouled today, Bush's lawyer alleged that all three entities made a lot of money off the running back, who was an enormous star when he played at with the Trojans. They named TV contracts, merchandise sales, and meteorites has just three of the revenue streams that Bush's popularity influenced. His lawyer said, this case is not about seeking justice for Reggie. It's about setting up the president for fair treatment for all college athletes. Our goal is to rectify the injustice and paid the way for a system where athletes are rightfully recognized, compensated, and treated fairly for their contributions.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, how do you chat? How do y'all feel about it? How do you feel about it?
Speaker 4: I think him suing for his likeness during that time based on the money that was being made, which is it could be up the upwards to who knows, it could be a godly amount. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, somebody like like Reggie Bush, you know, especially during his day, during his day during.
Speaker 1: It, oh yeah, in Hollywood with those big oh yeah, what oh yeah? I mean you look at a guy like Cam you look at a guy like t BO. You look at a guy like Johnny Manziela, got Reggie Bush, you talk about or it's young and you at you ut, you talk about some of the biggest stars in college football. Ever. Now, I don't know if he can go back and do that, because then you gonna open up Pandora's box. Yeah, because they go a lot of guys that would Barry say, well how about you think Oklahoma State made on me? And you go get a lot of the other guys they come back and say, loldof Tim Tebow in Florida.
Speaker 3: Damn go like Aubrey y'all think about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know it's never been done before.
Speaker 4: So there's a chance, the chance that he that he has an opportunity to win this, you know, because maybe he didn't have a chance. I mean, he would be his lawyers would tell him listen, that really makes it really makes no sense to even go through with this and waste the money. But the fact that his lawyer makes.
Speaker 1: Sure they're probably saying they're doing this, they're doing this as part to get a percentage and just in case he does win, because you know, you know, settlements you get thirty three percent. Sometimes lawyers take forty percent.
Speaker 5: Dang, yeah, man, they do put in a lot of work though, so I kind of understand.
Speaker 3: It's time for rough draft.
Speaker 1: Today's prompt is best NFL rookie season. I'm go first.
Speaker 3: Let's do it cut, let's do the let's do the promo, let's do the graphics.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I like this. I like this. Yeah, I got this one, my first one. Oh yo, you finla lose, you feel lose. You ain't won it like three weeks. Why are you going first?
Speaker 3: Because you went first last time. That's why I'm going first.
Speaker 1: All right, go ahead, all right? First up for me, I'm taking Eric Dickerson his rookie season. He rushed for eighteen hundred and eight eighteen hundred yards, the rookie of the year, and later we know what he did. He next season he ran for twenty one oh five. So I got Eric Dickerson up first.
Speaker 4: Okay, my first one, My first. A lot of people, especially unless you're a defensive person, you might not like this. But if you Washington played during during the day back during this day, especially was it in college. I'm going with Javon Hurst, his rookie year.
Speaker 1: Okay for me, I'm taking Randy Moss. If you saw his rookie season, Randy Moss was Ay, he was the Moss. He was a real deal. He was a real deal.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, speaking of receivers says, I'm a piggyback off what you just said. Another receiver who had a hell of a guy damn rookie season. And his name is Jamar Jamar mcthaniel Chase.
Speaker 1: All right, you like him. You know who I'm going with. I'm going number three. I'm going j stride. You know what.
Speaker 5: That was historic, That was a historic season. That was the historic season.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't you want to give up now later?
Speaker 5: No, oh, you're finna lose it. The next one listen. Arguably maybe one of the greatest running backs of all time.
Speaker 4: And Barry Sanders. Yeah that Gary Sanders is the one he played in Detroit. They called it Motown at Ford Fiet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me see. Yeah, i'me on that.
Speaker 5: You're gonna lose.
Speaker 1: You're gonna lose this. You know who I'm gonna win. Lawrence Taylor. Lawrence Taylor was Defensive Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year in his rookie season, chadell go home.
Speaker 5: Listen, you think about Lawrence Taylor and his totality.
Speaker 4: We talking about his rookie year, his rookie year, the year nine, and he only had nine and a half sacks first of all half second.
Speaker 1: Oh joe, you do realize the fact didn't become an official stat until nineteen eighty two. He came into the league at nineteen eighty one Player of the Year and and rookie defensive Rookie of the Year. How many guys have ever done that?
Speaker 5: Listen, had nine and a half sacks and saying, I'm gonna piggyback off for you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go to the defensive player too. I'm gonna go to the demons a player. And his rookie year was also phenomenal. He had thirty six solo tackles with nine sacks. Maybe the greatest Stevens the tackle of all time who just happened to retire in Aaron Donald, Okay, talk about.
Speaker 1: I like that, it's over. It's old for you. You know what.
Speaker 3: I might give you a chance to come back, but I ain't gonna.
Speaker 1: Who you got. I would go way way, way way back.
Speaker 5: You know what, how far back.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna go that far back. I will imnna let him be my honorable mission. Yeah, you know who I'm gonna go with Ojoe. We just had it last year, hook in the coupa.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, that's a good one. Okay, that's a good one. That's a good one. I can't even.
Speaker 1: I can't even.
Speaker 5: I can't even.
Speaker 4: I can't even argue that because he was he was on fire last year. Uh so this is my honorable mention right now?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yep, No, you got five. This is number five for you.
Speaker 5: Okay, number five. Thanks. I don't win. I don't win defense twice.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, you know what, I'm gonna go, Cam new I'm gonna go brun Cam Newton rookie year. Four thousand plus yards two to one TD, seven hundred seventy yards on the ground.
Speaker 5: What's yeah? Yeah, I'm going Cam Newton rookie year. That's my fit. Okay, um hmm, yeah, you definitely you definitely lost this rough draft this time. Oh no, trust me and the chat.
Speaker 1: The chat.
Speaker 5: Listen, the chat is one thing about them. They don't lie and they will tell you you lost.
Speaker 1: Where do I want to go? You know who? I like that unbelievable rookie season?
Speaker 3: O't Joe?
Speaker 1: Do I want to go quarterback? You don't want to go running back? You can go.
Speaker 5: D d had a crazy, crazy rookie.
Speaker 1: Sees you should have put you should have picked him.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying you stuck. I'm just giving you an option.
Speaker 1: Nah, Hey, I about you know what I about even put my rookie season at a mention. I got to hear Dixon random ball seat poking the core. That's a nice little lineup. It ain't better than mine. Oh, it's way better your, don't you your yr yo? I ain't saying yours some stir fried, but I'm just saying it ain't good. No, hold on, Oh I gotta take a rest. Is soul red ye white Woo.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: If y'all didn't get an opportunity to see this man play and see him up close and personal, because I saw him in his prime. I'm talking about at his absolute apex. Yeah. I saw him with the Eagles in ninety two, I saw him in ninety three, I saw him in ninety six and I saw him in the Super Bowl. So I'm talking about at his absolute apex. I'm taking Reggie. I like that. That's it.
Speaker 5: Listen, can't argue, can't even argue that.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Uh dangn That was a good one, boy. That thing that Reggie went, that that Reggie one kind of knocked out the box, Broy, But.
Speaker 1: I had I had a show head on, Tony. You waved before I got the reggae right right?
Speaker 5: Oh shoot, I did Cam Aaron Donald, I got Barry Javon Kurs.
Speaker 1: You don't want Justin Jefferson. You don't want d Say Kwan Barkley Odell no hold on, no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: I'm looking for you know, some of some. I'm looking for another iconic figure kind.
Speaker 1: I'll give you one.
Speaker 3: I'll let you take Gail's fears.
Speaker 5: You know what, I got one of them from L.
Speaker 1: S U.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with Justin Jefferson as my honorble mention it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I told you that. And you know who I'm gonna go with my last honible MITTR.
Speaker 7: Pick.
Speaker 3: Kurt Warner.
Speaker 5: Is rookie here yeap. When he came from the CNFL. Yep, he was all right, he was all right, he was all right, he was all right, he was all right. Listen, I won, I won that. List to
Speaker 1: The volume