Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite on Shannon Sharp, one of my partners and co hosts, normal partner and co hosts. He's Liberty City's own. He's Bengals Ring of Fame Honoree. He's a former pro bowler, All Pro. He's Chad O Josenko Johnson and our contributor that breaks down college football with us every Saturday the night.
Speaker 2: The only money man.
Speaker 1: That we know Texas A and M great Heisman Trophy winning first round draft pick up the Cleveland Browns. Here he is, Ladies and gentlemen, Johnny money Manziell. There's only one money and it's Johnny Manziel. Johnny, how you doing, Bro.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. Back in the stay.
Speaker 1: You're glad to have you back. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button. Do us a favor go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. We would like to thank each and every one of you for your support and you'll continue support. Thanks to you, Nightcap has become what has become and it's only because of your eyes, ears and your word of mouth. Oh cho, and I cannot thank you enough. Please make sure you go check out Shave by Laportier. If you can't find Shave by Lapotier in a city or stay near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. The best tasting premium vsupe conjact on the market. Don't take my word for it, try it for yourself and I promise you, promise you you will not be disappointed. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Go follow my media company, shay Shape Media on all of its platforms and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: That link is also pinned in the chat.
Speaker 1: Oh. Johnny joins us tonight as he always does. Hey, you can check out Johnny on his podcast Glory Days featuring Johnny Manziel. Please make sure you go subscribe, subscribe, make sure you like it, and check out Johnny on his own personal podcast, Glory Days featuring Johnny Manziel. Miami Hurricanes beat the Florida Gators twenty.
Speaker 2: Six to seven. Is it time question of Johnny?
Speaker 1: Look o jo you talk about this all the time Florida used to be a place. I mean, you look, you get the Tim Tebow's, and you get the Percy Harvin's, and you get the Joe Haynes, and you get the Pouncy Brothers, and you get all those first round draft picks. They still get a couple, but they don't have the level of talent. That doesn't mean they don't have the level of expectations. That doesn't change once you become a success. The fans expect you to have that level of success for perpetuity because that's all they remember. And right now, it's really tough on Billy Napier. Does he survive the entire season or is it time for them to move in a different direction. Johnny, you take it, Johnny, you take it first man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a tough look for the Florida Gators program. For them, I think everybody in Gainesville is used to that program being at the top elite level. You're used to what you've seen in the past, what they have going right now, what the preseason expectations were for this team. They don't get tossed around by in state schools like this ever, this consistently in the past, So for them, struggling. A change needs to happen at Florida. I think everybody from one end of the spectrum to the other at the University of Florida is uttering for that. I know my boys behind the scenes are just kind of shaking their head in disbelief. I mean, DJ Lagway was supposed to be their guy. This is a guy that you're looking at the top of the SEC quarterback rankings at the beginning of the season. He's up there tonight twelve to twenty three for sixty one yards. That's supposed to be an opening drive. You exactly right, that's supposed to be. That's supposed to be what you script the walk to it. First fifteen is supposed to be sixty one yards. To play quarters of football and get sixty one yards of passing the offense, you ain't going to be doing a lot with that. That's complete and total and utter dysfunction from top to bottom on the offensive side of the football.
Speaker 1: When we're putting this in perspective about Joe Goon, Cookman's quarterback Timmy McClain had more passing yards eighty six against Miami and a loss on fewer past attempts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, listen, Rediale, Anthony ain't walking through that door. I kill your ain't walking through that door. Neither is Fred Taylor. Tim Tebow has already graduated.
Speaker 2: EMMT Smith's call, Well, anybody.
Speaker 6: Else listen all the way down.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, I think things need to change. Even if you do change the head coach, uncle, still could be the same thing. If you don't have the players, if you don't have the money, you gotta you you, you gotta pay, you gotta pay the win now. Yeah, that's just that's the landscape of NFL college football right now is to be able to bring recruits in those that can that can contribute and.
Speaker 6: Play right now.
Speaker 5: And then until you do that, until you have boosters and you have support behind the scenes to be able to pay some of the player to attract them to come to your school, it will never be like the Florida of old, back in the nineties, back in the eighties, back in the early two thousands, where you can compete with the Miamis, with the other teams in.
Speaker 2: The Obama's the Ohio States.
Speaker 5: That's long going on. That's long going get you got to play the win now.
Speaker 1: It's cuking even more Johnny, because you got to go into the portal. You got to entice some of these kids that's in the portal that's thinking about it, saying, you know what, I got a little extra. Hey, Okay, I'm making a million here, I'm making five hundred thousand a year. I wonder if I can go to another school. Teams are looking more so now at portal than they are high school seniors, because they want someone that already knows what it's like to be in college. They already have steady habits, they've already gone through the process of being on a college campus, of playing college football. So that's kind of the direction if you look at it. Everybody. The teams are starting to try to move in. Hopefully they can entice someone to leave in Alabama and come to their school, leaving Ohio State and come to their school, leave a Michigan or Texas, say and m or whatever. How a program is offer them more money to get them to go there.
Speaker 6: Okay, we go.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say entice somehow because it listens.
Speaker 2: It always money.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, that's and five.
Speaker 1: And ten million dollars in nil or whatever they want to call it is not enough Johnny, you got to have a pool fifteen twenty twenty five, thirty million dollars because one player on your roster is going to command probably a four million dollar salary.
Speaker 5: He got to be that boy command for million dollars. You got to be a difference maker. You got to be a difference maker to be able to command that kind of money. You think you look at the landscape of college football right now, and the players that command for me in the better e that boy Jeremiah Smith.
Speaker 2: That's that boy man.
Speaker 5: Listen, if it was last year, Jeremih Smith was top five as the god damn freshman he was coming out in the draft. Yep, he can command that kind of money. So players that command that kind of money, you've got to be special and be able to change your program, the trajectory of a program right away.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 5: It ain't that many of them. I'm just gonna be honest. I'm be honest with you.
Speaker 6: It ain't that many of them right not right now, not like that.
Speaker 1: I think you gotta recruit John Let me tell me what you think. Look, Billy Napier, I think he's a really good coach because he was on that staff with Nick Saban. Then they had Dan Lanning, and they had Kirby Smart, and they had a Pary Fuel and they had all Mario Crystal Bull. They had the coach at old Miss Lane Kiffin. That's said if you go back and look at that staff and what they had. If I'm not mistaken, Dan Landy was a grades sister, Kirby Smart was the head coach, and they had you know, they had all these guys that are that are coaches now in the end of a major college program.
Speaker 2: Billy Napier, if I'm not mistaken, was the receiver coach.
Speaker 1: But you got to be able to recruit and can they can they entice Urban to come back. Urban left because they had heard palpitations. And then he went to Ohio State and they got better. They got good medical staff at Ohio State and a little bit more money, and they had better talent.
Speaker 4: I'd back up the brinks truck if I was Florida to get Urban Meyer back. I'd do anything in the world to get that man back there and get something.
Speaker 3: The good news for Florida with the way.
Speaker 4: The college football landscape is right now, though, is if a couple of these guys get together and say is enough is enough, We're tired of this. You can go get thirty forty million dollars in a pot in a Gainsville alumni. You can go to a collective and get enough money and be like, listen, we're going to hit the transfer portal really hard this offseason, and then twelve months your roster and everything can look completely different as you go into fall camp a year from now.
Speaker 3: So that's the one thing that Florida has.
Speaker 4: They have the pedigree, they have the history, they are in a great conference. They're just not good right now. You look at their schedule this year. What they've done ten points the first week, they score sixteen points, the next that's twenty six points. Then they put fifty five against Long Island, which honestly not and then seven tonight. So against three good real schools, that's twenty.
Speaker 3: Eight and seven. What is that? Thirty five thirty five?
Speaker 4: Yes, there's thirty five points and twelve quarters of football.
Speaker 3: What are we talking about here? That ain't enough to be nobody. There's high schools out there that could probably come up and whop up on them.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing that you're talking about, Johnny. You say, there's enough money to get in the U to put together to UH to create a pot at a portal. You're gonna probably have to buy billion Nap're out of that contract. That's gonna talk. That's gonna cost you twenty thirty Milli're right there.
Speaker 3: Take the A and M path Man, stroke that check and get it.
Speaker 1: Florida ain't got that money like Texas say it Texas, and they'm got deep pockets. I mean they hated to go all the way to the pockets so deep they go all the way.
Speaker 5: To the rid.
Speaker 4: My advice to m go play that lottery with the Alabama lady.
Speaker 3: We talked about a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Hey heyn and I think it all comes down to especially if you get a coach like Urban Meyer, if you get them, if you get them to come back for whatever reason, if it does happen, I think it's possible to get the money. And with Urban Urban Maya coming back, I think players will probably gravitate and want to come to Florida for sure. Price is right, if the money's right, and they allow him to do things his way and which he which he did when he was there and he was winning at that time. He could turn that program around pretty fast, especially especially in the off season with the transfer potal.
Speaker 6: He can do. He can do that.
Speaker 1: It's harder now to Oho. They don't let you. They don't let that. After the student athletes get away. They got this thing called the internet, they got this thing called the camera phone, they got this thing. So so the things that that you know, he got away with at Florida and some of the stuff that he got away with at Ohio State, I'm not so sure now you're going to be able to get away with said things, And so they keep her closer eye on it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Do I believe if you were to come back the as Johnny mentioned, the alumni association wouldn't be willing to get together to pay this man eleven twelve million dollars what it would take to get a coach of that caliber back in the folds.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I believe they would.
Speaker 1: And they say, you know what if that means we got to spend twenty five thirty million to do a billion napier out and another seventy million dollars over six years to get Urban back in. Yeah, and plus another x amount of dollars to put in to try to get these top guys to come here.
Speaker 2: Okay, it is what it is, but we want to win.
Speaker 3: It comes down to do you want to have a good college football program or it's.
Speaker 2: Really that simple that you're going to spend it and.
Speaker 4: Figure out a way to make it in the back end and figure it out over time. You want to you want to be good, You want to compete now. You want to look up in five years and say, Okay, we can get into the playoffs, or you still want to be doing this because whatever this is right now for.
Speaker 3: Florida, it is and.
Speaker 2: You're the You're.
Speaker 4: The little dog in the state right now. Now that's tough for them to swallow, for them to have to sit there and look at because the product that they're putting on the field is you don't want to kick people when they're down right, But you have to call a spade a spade and call it what it is that this team, this program, there ain't nothing special about it. You let us come in and walk over you and then turn around another end. State rivals smacked seven points, not even competitive.
Speaker 5: Hey, and Johnny, Y'll comes down to those that actually have the money to be able to pull this off.
Speaker 6: This investment is long term anyway. Yes, it's not about right now.
Speaker 5: Are you willing to invest the money to see your program turn around? It's not gonna be an overnight It's not gonna be an overnight success. It takes long term because the people that have this kind of money are all about business. They understand how business works. You pour the money in now and you wait until things gradually improve year after your Especially if you get a coach like Urban Maya back, things are gonna turn around pretty fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The question is that Urban at his age, he's been away from the game for a while. He has a nice cush job at Fox. He gets to talk about football a couple times a week, maybe go interview a coach here and there, and he doesn't have to What about Jimbo Fisher?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, no, I.
Speaker 1: Say hey, Jimbo, say hey, I got a pocket full of money I can use. Hey my left parking food. Ain't got nothing to right. Let me get this right before you know what? Now that you mentioned that, I like that. I like that. Hold on, I got to it. Anywhere knows the state of Florida really, Hey, he was the head coaching at Florida state.
Speaker 6: Hold on, I got I got one, I got one. Listen.
Speaker 5: I'm just throwing this out there, just just possibily, since were throwing names in the hat, what about another another Floridian that knows Florida very well in prior coming on back down to Gainesville. Obviously, I know it's not Tallahassee, but yeah, hey, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Saying, yeah, since we put names in the hat, that's not a bad option.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would make some numbers that would move the needle prime prime being in the SEC and in Florida, that would.
Speaker 3: Be absolutely Yeah.
Speaker 4: He definitely Colorado will be holding on for dear life to try and keep him. But it all comes down to the brass and who's running the show up Florida and what they want to go after. But this hiring, what they've done with this staff, this is definitely not working. I think They're original question to sum up the whole thing is, you know, this Florida team and this Florida program is not competitive in the SEC onsoever, and that's that's just not acceptable for a programming.
Speaker 1: That count and the SEC is getting better. It just is the days of I mean, you got Oklahoma came there Texas came in there. Georgia is good. Hell, look at Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt Hell looking good. Vanderbilt might put foots in Florida this year. So they're gonna have to do something. And guess what in two weeks. Miami and Florida State. The Kynes are off next week, while the Knowles will have to beat Virginia. If that happened, we'll get a top ten Cans and Knowles.
Speaker 5: Hey, that game a Johnny. That game.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: The way Florida State playing this year, the way the Miami Hurricane playing this year, it brings that that old excitement of the early two thousand when they would meet up on Yeah, we're that same excitement. Defensively officially, both of them playing very very well. Hell god damn, Florida State put up sixty six day. Now, I understand who do you plan. It's nothing to hoop and holler about, but I understand who you're plan. But obviously the first three opponent, first two opponents, man, they did a number on them as well.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 2: They put they put put us in Alabama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, their offense, their offense is rolling. You look at it every week. Look from here on out. I'm putting some money on Florida State every week over, on points over, on whatever you want to do. But they look good. You're supposed to go out and do that versus teams that are inferior. Yeah, inferior, for sure, you're supposed to. But the fact that you can go out and do it, your offense is clicking, You're rolling, You're not having any three and outs, any laps in judgment, that type of stuff. When you see that week in and week out, you're like, Okay, these guys are dial these guys are clicking. So when you do get to a matchup like that, it's going to be one for fireworks. The bad news for Florida as well, just to add on a little bit of salts on their whole grave play Texas and they play my Aggi's Mississippi State. Okay, then they got Georgia, tacky old mess, Tennessee, Florida State, and that will be the season for the Florida Gators. So I don't know if you hear about that list those teams, what their schedule looks like, but it's really really looking like abe.
Speaker 3: A three or four win team for Florida this year.
Speaker 1: I definitely don't see how Billy Napier survives that. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't see how they I mean, if by some miracle they won six just not enough.
Speaker 3: It's still not enough.
Speaker 2: It's not enough.
Speaker 5: Based on the standard and which Florida holds themselves of, including alumni, the academic, my academic, the sports program in general, You're not gonna be able to survive.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, the Dolphins in Florida in the same boat for sure. The Dolphins at the Gators is basically in the same boat. I think, fam you could be Florida right now.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest thing Ocho and Johnny when you look at it, you're in the SCC. Unless you're Kentucky. You're a football school. He's really that simple. Yeah, you and football school, and you want to compete because the one thing that Florida doesn't want to become is what Vanderbilt used to be in somethingime. Occasionally they still are everybody's homecoming. You open the season and then you see and and and they got a homecoming Queen. That ain't good, you know what I'm saying. The first the first game of the season, you somebody's homecoming bro, They're like, damn. But if you go back, if you look at Florida, they just they don't have. Florida used to have two or three guys going in the first round.
Speaker 2: They don't. They don't get but I don't.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you know when you spread it out, Jeremiah Smith is going to Florida Ohio State. And you know a lot of these guys from the state of Florida, they go other places, or they don't go to Florida.
Speaker 2: They go to Florida State, or they go.
Speaker 1: To Miami, or they go to Alabama, they go to Ohio State, they go to Georgia, they go to they go they go every place except Gainesville. And and you got the you got to keep a few. I ain't saying you you're not to get them all, because even when Florida was at his best, they didn't get them all. But you got to get some. And they're not getting nearly enough or nearly enough of the good ones in order to make a difference in the program, or enough of that guy that's in the portal. But something's got to change. And normally you can't get rid of all the football players. The first thing you change is the coaching staff, and I don't advocate anybody losing the job, but I just don't see how Billy Napier keeps this job.
Speaker 2: Johnny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's not the fit.
Speaker 4: Like you have to have some semblance that things moving forward are gonna be okay, that we're gonna get this ship righted, and that they have given them some time and this even last year going back like.
Speaker 3: It hasn't been great.
Speaker 4: So at some point in time, you know, these decisions behind the scenes are probably already they're being talked about there being they know it's a band aid they don't want to rip off. But at the end of the day, sometimes waiting longer just makes it worse.
Speaker 1: Oklahoma beats Auburn twenty four to seventeen. The Sooner's racked up a school record ten sacks against former Ou quarterback Jackson Arnold, including multiple in the final minutes to seal the wind. John Mattier has been throwing up the money sign with a nickname Money Matier. When asked about the nickname, he joked, they're a little different person than Johnny, saying the difference between the first Johnny and me, Johnny, I'm going to church in the morning, Johnny, Damn Johnny. I know you went to church at least once or twice. Yeah, man, you went to something called the church. Church is chicken.
Speaker 3: Man. I grew up in the church with like my grandparents, my mom, my dad.
Speaker 4: We would uh, we would go to church every Sunday when I was a kid growing up, go play family scrambles on the golf course afterwards.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: We were definitely a house that was raised by the Lord. So more than anything, man, Philippians for four thirteen.
Speaker 3: You know, I can do all things for Christ. Strickens me. My dog enjoyed church in the morning.
Speaker 4: I don't take anything that he's that is that has said as a slight. I gets he's trying to be funny. It is what he is. Continue to keep playing well, young fella, and all as well. Oklahoma has a good team right now. First time beeting four and oh for them in a while. I don't look at anything like that to set anymore and take it as a slider or take it any kind of way. You know, I'm still able to sit here over a decade later and be able to have some love shown towards me, still be talked about a little bit in this college football ranks, and I guarantee you any anybody that's playing college football right now would love to have the experience, the career and what I did on the field in college football. So he is playing at a very high level right now. He is a leader of a great school with a great program. And you know, when you come into it and beat a team like Auburn and your second year in the SEC against the quarterback that you've known that's been in your room, you know this is a game that definitely meant something to them. So for them to come out and be in this position, you know, for OU, it comes down to what it comes down to every single year, and that's that game that happens in Dallas, that's split down the middle in the Red River, and you never know what's gonna happen or what it's gonna be. We don't know what Texas really is. But you know, for now, OU looks pretty good and they look like they have a competitive team that's gonna fight through this SEC and has a chance of going to the playoff for sure.
Speaker 1: Johnny, do you feel like every time there's a white quarterback in college that the little athletic and can run just to tan they compared to you.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 4: I mean people people always see people always see flashes and shades of me a little bit out there. The kid from Arizona State definitely moves around like me a little bit. I think he's playing as a high level as anybody is in college football right now. The one thing I was talking to guys about today is man the quarterback play as a whole in college football. I'm missing the mid two thousand and ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen years. Where's the boys that multiple guys went out and played like Deshaun Watson or RG three, or me or Baker or whoever Marriota, so many guys at so many different schools that were out there really doing people dirty. And I turned the TV on on this Saturday, especially today.
Speaker 3: I'm bagging and hoping and feeding to see.
Speaker 4: Any quarterback out there doing something dirty, playing high level, high caliber football, even from the guys that we expected from, right the guys who we talk about all offseason that are at the top of the rankings of everything.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: You don't see it from DJ Lagway.
Speaker 4: I see sellers at South Carolina today on a third and long miss, a wide open crosser that's just like these are those you have to make. The other guys are making right now. My favorite quarterbacks to watch is my guy at Baylor, Sam Levitt from Arizona State. A couple of guys sprinkled here and there that are like making some plays. Marcel Reeve is really making it shake. He's throwing the ball really well and running it.
Speaker 2: Other than that, you expect the clue to play well at Clemson, and.
Speaker 3: He's not playing well. Like March. Arch isn't playing well.
Speaker 4: He can hop flex on Sam Houston all he wants a corny move.
Speaker 2: By the way, But yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know where he got I'm sure not only did his dad called him, his grandfather called it, and both of his uncles called him. Say, what the hell are you doing? You stand it over a guy from sam Houston State. You'll suppose that to help him up. You ain't got no business plans down Houston State.
Speaker 4: I did have a play versus Sam Houston State at home where I trucked somebody in the end zone and I got up and I kind of stepped over him. A little bit, but I didn't flex on him. I didn't get in his face. I just was a little.
Speaker 3: Hype after it.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure some people are gonna come at me after that. But this for what Texas is right now and the way that he's been playing, it should be suit and tie buttoned up.
Speaker 3: I got to learn how to throw a shallow frod.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 5: The funny thing about it too, and Johnny, you think about all the quarterbacks, all the quarterbacks that have been hyped up, you know in the off season, going into the going into the collar season, nothing really pops out on film most of the time, especially.
Speaker 2: Back in the day.
Speaker 5: Obviously when Johnny was playing, there was always somebody that gave you a little excitement. You couldn't wait to watch when that individual will play, and they there just hadn't been that I to me, honestly, I was kind of fooled by the media, by the analysts, by the pundits because I thought arch Manning was really the second coming to christ because that's all, he couldn't be.
Speaker 1: The seventh got drafted himselfth round on Joe. He couldn't beat him out. Come on that.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen you heard what you just said guy got drafted in the seventh round and couldn't beat him out. But again, the way they talk about somebody, that's all I have to go off of the small sample size I saw when he came in when it was hurt.
Speaker 2: I can't go off of that.
Speaker 5: I'm basing everything off of these so called experts say. And they had me thinking like, Okay, I'm locked in on the first week of Texas game and I'm looking like, well this game, well, maybe I'm like right.
Speaker 4: Now, right now, the guys you want to flip the TV on, like, damn, maybe I'll watch this guy to play quarterback. Castellanos at Florida State is a guy who can gets you up, yeah a little bit. Baylor in their offense is slinging the ball around the yard a little bit. Sam Levitt at Arizona State definitely has a little bit of something to him where he's making some stuff plays and extending some plays. Marcel, I think is a guy who's developed passing the ball. Where A and M's offense with their receivers and what they have right now are really really exciting.
Speaker 3: And that's not me even being a homer. That's just straight facts. To what wever did.
Speaker 4: In that game and what they're doing offensively, and Colin Klein has them doing. I think that's an exciting offense to watch. But as you go around the whole country, there is nothing that really really jumps off the page where you're like, damn, that guy right there.
Speaker 3: I got to turn the TV on Saturday for that.
Speaker 1: I'm not so sure people even know who Jon Tier was and now he's the favorite for the Heisman. The guy came in, he was an unknown and I'm not saying unknowns.
Speaker 2: We've saw that.
Speaker 1: We've seen Jaydon Daniels come out of nowhere. We've seen Joe Burrow come out of nowhere. Hel Johnny, you came out of nowhere. But I'm like, damn. At least some of the guys that were favored or playing well, but other guys just played better. All the guys that were supposed to be at the top, they playing like band Starfry.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what the hell is?
Speaker 1: And like for me, when I watched when I watched Arts last year and when Oors.
Speaker 2: Was out, you look who he played. Not like bro.
Speaker 1: I can't get excited about San Jose State. I can't get excited when you're playing in fear of your teams. If you are what you said you are, I give you prime example. Look at a treble Lawrence. He came in and he beat the start out in the previous year. That's what a number one overall pick is supposed to do. That's how you're supposed to look. You don't supposed to keep a guy goes in the seventh round. Keep you on the bitch for two years? Oh Joe, how can I say? How can I say? Man, I'm him? And I gotta wait too. I gotta wait a year. I gotta wait two years before I get on the field. Ain't no way, huh. I can see now if you wait behind Peyton Manning, that's one thing. You wait behind Cam Newton or Andrew Luck.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: But the guy gotta be drafted high. You said, you said behind the guy that got drafted. I think he got drafted himself with the round he was a low round draft pick. Put it like this, he didn't go in the first three rounds.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, can I ask a question? What uh?
Speaker 4: With Texas fans and sark would they take quinn Ewers back?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Crazy?
Speaker 2: And all we heard last year put Archie in.
Speaker 3: Crazy. Sometimes you have it good and you don't even know it.
Speaker 4: And I know right now that Texas offense with ken yours behind the behind the wheel.
Speaker 1: The most popular guy on the football team is the backup quarterback until he had to get his ass in and play, and then he become unpopular just like the starter.
Speaker 2: Yeh uin be player stomp What happened?
Speaker 1: This stopped on the Tennessee kickers foot after that, yeah, after Nanny field goal to have Tennessee go up twenty to nothing, and you ain't be safety Sarah Bryant stopped on the kicker's foot, Max Gibbles foot Brad was called for unsports like conduct.
Speaker 5: Really, guys, he stepped on his kicking foot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh Joe whoy.
Speaker 4: Oho hit him a quick run by stop on the top of the foot and almost like a daptop.
Speaker 3: But he just.
Speaker 6: I ain't see that.
Speaker 2: He gottah, you got you gotta pull that up. You gotta watch that. I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm trying to think if that would have happened in an NFL game, would it They'll probably throw an NFL player out if you did.
Speaker 5: That, They just throw it there flagging.
Speaker 2: Just that's Joe an intentional act like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you you gotta do it. He didn't, he didn't.
Speaker 5: He didn't try to be inconspicuous with it, like no, no.
Speaker 1: No, he wouldn't. He would he was trying to hide it at all. O yo, I mean he got he got him good too.
Speaker 5: If they didn't in college, they definite would have thrown them out in the game.
Speaker 1: But you got I think the figure of the probably, they're gonna probably I think they're gonna suspend him for the first half or something. Ain't no way they're gonna let that slide on you. Huh oh so about that? But uh yeah, oh that that was I mean, that was you. He can't even say, well, I was trying to get up off the ground. It was like you remember the olden Dominkan sue how he was stepping on people.
Speaker 2: That was more. It was more.
Speaker 1: At least Domakan Sue would say, I was trying to get up and I lost my balance. He can't say nothing because he could have just kept running off the field.
Speaker 2: He took off. He stopped. Oh yeah, let me get this while man, it did it took off, forgive it took it took off forged. That's funny, Johnny.
Speaker 1: You ever have you ever seen something like that in the game. You ever experienced something like that high school college.
Speaker 4: I just looked I just looked up. I just looked up the clip right now. You know, he's the play ends. He's got to be getting ready to job on the sideline. He takes a peek and sees it. He's like, you know what, yeah, pull it up on, Joe. You gotta see it. Then you say, okay, I'm gonna stop on this ship real quick.
Speaker 2: Fucking if you see it ooe if you when you see it, you go see.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They might they might have thrown him out the game.
Speaker 6: I'm looking I'm looking it up right now.
Speaker 2: Man, I couldn't. I could.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I was wondering why they showed why they showed him, Like, okay, the guy made the kick, so why they showed it? And then I realized why they were short it. It was a It was a definitely an agregious act. I'm like, bro, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: He kind of comes by and like slaps on the slaps on the long the holder a little bit and then just runs right by him and does a top of the footstorm.
Speaker 3: That's some w W ship right there. You found it crazy, That's that's a new one.
Speaker 4: We're we're seeing some things in college football this year that are one on one's first time forever thing.
Speaker 6: I found it Number one, Number one stepped on all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't throw him out the game.
Speaker 6: And the referee, the referee standing right there.
Speaker 1: Too, Yes, because I mean, if you target it, I mean targeting, they throw you out of the game.
Speaker 2: So what do you think he was trying to do?
Speaker 1: He stepped on the man's kicking foot, and then the guy sold it because the guy started hopping around like he had stepped on a nail.
Speaker 4: You just trying to give a team a little Yeah, yeah, I mean right on the sideline probably like yeah, we see you, bro, we see you.
Speaker 1: I get Look, I've seen some egregious acts, but I don't know. Normally college they try to try to sneak it. You know, will work. You know, in a pile. Anything goes in a pile. The guys will do a whole lot of stuff in the pile, but not something so wide up.
Speaker 2: But like you said, oh Joe, the referee is stad it right, there.
Speaker 6: Right there, I've never seen I've never seen that before. That's that's for me. That's the first, that's the first agree.
Speaker 1: And I was like, bro, what do you what do we Joenny? What's going on with this new erab Now? I mean this, this new wave of players.
Speaker 4: Young boys out here whiling they raised a little different than the than the old heads back in the day, for sure, I don't they don't know how to act.
Speaker 2: Man. I could have.
Speaker 1: Man, I couldn't even I couldn't even fathom doing something like that in a growing up when I grew up, how coaches were man, Coaches grab you by your help.
Speaker 3: People are getting their ass wells enough. Maybe people aren't aren't getting the ass out and not to go through punt.
Speaker 4: But anything like that would have happened from a middle school, high school level. I'd have been running, running, rolling up down till I puked.
Speaker 3: I'd have been getting my ass.
Speaker 2: Kid like this, You like that?
Speaker 3: You really want to act like that, I'm gonna show you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna show you on this field right here all day for hours, and you're not gonna act like that. You're gonna treat people the right way. You're gonna respect the game. It's like that just don't have that. And it starts from a young level of football, right, It starts from kids are playing all earlier, so you're getting coached and people are growing up and being raised in the game the wrong way from a very early age. You see it all the time with these shows they have now about you know, younger kids playing football, the little tight show and.
Speaker 3: Stuff that you see.
Speaker 4: It's it's crazy, you know, the purity and respect and level of the game and playing it the right way is definitely not there from a whole Are there are there guys out there that is this speaking for a whole collective when things like this happened? Of course not, but stuff like this is happening more often. You look at it and you just kind of like shake your head, Like back in the day, we didn't see stuffing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you could.
Speaker 1: I don't know if coaches now Johnny could grab your face mask, you grab your body back of your shoulder, path like, so what the hell are you doing? Yeah, hit you upside your head and you go home and tell your grandparents and tell your parents.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, what the first thing out of you about what.
Speaker 1: Did you do Yeah. Yeah, they're like they already know. For the coach to do that, you had to it done something. But you're right, I mean the days now, Uh, you afraid the kid the curate is gonna transfer, the kid is gonna leave school. Uh, the kids parents gonna come up there because the thing if they if they behave like this at home, they damn sure gonna behave like this at school worse. So I you know, I remember I told my grandmother coach Graham me by my face, man, I came home and told Grandy It's like, well, I guess that means you're gonna quit. Like, nah, I ain't gonna quit. I need you to go tell him don't do that no more. Now I ain't quitting, but I want you to tell him to make him afraid to not do it anymore.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: My Grandma's like, boy, please, you probably was doing something you ain't had no business. Yeah, well you still could have told him don't do it no more. But that's the thing. Coaches now the way they and I'm great, look, some things needed to be done done away with because some of the stuff that you know, coaches was getting out of hand with it now I understand there's a certain level of discipline and order that you structure that you gotta have Johnny and Ojo, you got to have a certain level of it. But sometimes coaches they go too far with it. And but now you know all that you can your kid get water breaks every team.
Speaker 4: People programs, Okay, look at the real programs throughout the history of the game, how they were coached, how things were done, attention to detail, gotta have things. You have to be hard, you have to have discipline, you have to be tough, hard nos. Like, there's so many characteristics of what winning football teams and programs have had and coaches that have gone out and done it. And there's a reason some teams and some coaches are the way that they are and because they care about those things, and there's reason that other people aren't. And that's just what it comes down to. People think that it may not matter, but.
Speaker 1: It absolutely does, because I'm not so sure how much how different coach Saban was than coach Bryant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a reason why. That's in this college footbroll program.
Speaker 1: As far as the national championship in the poll there in nineteen thirty six, there's a reason why. That's not an accident that a team has two statues out front of their head coaches.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, and the funny thing too unc when you think about it.
Speaker 5: Johnny spoke on it earlier about today's era of kids, especially going into college. They're wirde a little bit different. They have money, their mentality is a little different. Will Nick saban style of coaching, will you be able to get kids to respond to that? Will they respond to that now in this era? I know he's not that far removed from the game of football, but I'm just saying if everybody had that same coaching style, I don't really think it would work.
Speaker 3: It's so hard.
Speaker 4: It's so hard, right because in this day and age, you don't want to do something to have a kid leave because it feels such.
Speaker 3: A huge yea, right.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, at the end of the day, the way I was raised, the coaches that I was around, it didn't matter. You were all held to a same standard and the next guy was up. If we're hurt because of that that person that left or got suspended or was not on the team or whatever, he hurt the team. So you look at it as a whole. It is a collective, one heartbeat type of thing. But at the end of the day, you're going to continue to caddle kids and do things a certain way and let things slide to the point of where it hurts and leaks through and infects the.
Speaker 3: Whole whole betterment of the group.
Speaker 4: Oh, at some point in time, you have to put your foot down and be like, listen, this is right, this is wrong. You're going to do what you're supposed to do, or you're not going to play in this program. And if you can't abide by that, see you later. I don't care what we're paying you, I don't care how good you are. I don't care what it is. That's just the way of how coaches were with me, and I know how important coaching was for my life.
Speaker 3: For the game of football. It means everything.
Speaker 4: A good coach that cares and is passionate about it, that pays attention to the details, versus one that's not how it makes you better, what it does for you as a whole.
Speaker 3: What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: You either coaching that condone it and then you know when you're coming up, like bro, you trip it. Players man cut that foolish this out. Bro, you're killing us if you get kicked off the team. You want our best players, maybe the best player. Come on, Bro, cut that foolish this out, because sometimes you have to have your teammates tell you because they can get through to you when your coaches can't. They can get to you through they can get your peers sometimes can get through to you when parents, coaches, up whomever can't. Because you know, Pier that gay, That's what it's said. Association brings on assimilation, and so sometimes the piers like Bro, come on, man, man, cut that foolish this out.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Coach ain't picking on you. You just keep doing dumb ish So once you cut the dumb ish out, we're gonna be okay. Bro, you too could, but I've had I've been on had coming up and high and element at junior high and pop pee weee and in high school the guy's better than me. But you couldn't tell him nothing. Oh Joe, you don't I get what. I go home, but I used to go home. Hey tell him sharp, I was better than you? What that better than you?
Speaker 2: Would? The fourth grade? What that better you? And eighth grade?
Speaker 5: What's fourth grade?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Bro, you had me, you got to come.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hey listen, I told y'all, I told.
Speaker 2: Y'all that could have been me.
Speaker 1: Well, right now we're thirty, so I don't and I don't really want to go back to the fourth of the eighth grade. But yeah, you had an opportunity. But you want to be cool to walk the streets.
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, we all have the same twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: On Bill Belichick experiment that you n C is even bigger disaster than expected. They got blown out by UCF thirty four to nine. Tar Hills only managed two hundred and seventeen total yards two point five yards per carre against the Knight squad picked the finish dead last in the Big twelve preseason pole. This outlook looked bleak for the four gaps in four games in the coach Belichick's coaching er at Chapel Hill. They're not two and two, but the two wins have come against Charlotte and Richmond. Now, guys, should we have concerns about coach belichick tenure off the field? Now we've heard now very very interesting if the situation, you know, he banned the scouts. Banning the scouts doesn't hurt coach Belichick. It hurts the players that wants the scouts to come see him, and then he has a situation where they talk about his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: And how she's this and how she's that. You read the articles.
Speaker 1: So I'm not breaking news to anybody that's listening to Ojo and Johnny and myself tonight. I'm not breaking any news, but it seems to be there are these articles that keep coming out how she's around, and how he seems not like the coach Belichick because I can imagine Ojo. Do you think this situation he would have been a situation like this.
Speaker 2: At New England. I don't know, we don't know, we don't know, but.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying he seems different now than he was in New England.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Bill Belichick has always been about business. The way he can dust himself when it comes to the game of football. That would never change. That would never change the way he approaches the game now. The difference is in North Carolina and New England. Obviously, you have the players, you have the personnel to be able to execute and do the game plan schematically that you have. Also, he banned the scouts, but what the hell, the scout's coming for what they're coming to watch?
Speaker 2: Come to talk to you?
Speaker 6: What the scouts coming to watch? Have you watch play?
Speaker 2: Have you watched you NC play? Johnny?
Speaker 5: Have you watched North Carolina Blake?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: For what they coming to watch? Okay, they band? Well, they ain't really known to come see anyway? No, did you respect?
Speaker 5: Now as far as his girlfriend is concerned, obviously you have someone younger, someone you want to cater to a little bit more as opposed to those you've dating in the past who might have been of age and a little older that went around obviously wouldn't want to be around the NFL practice like that. Inside the NFL locker room, are doing doing things that that manner college a little bit different, a little bit more leanient, different type of atmosphere, and obviously dating someone much younger, and you want to more so caters that listen. I'm not in this personal minis. I don't know, I don't I don't want to talk much much about that. But until he gets the players in there to be able to compete with everybody else.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's his first year.
Speaker 5: I would give Bill Belichick one of the greatest of all time at the NFL level, being at the Completia level, now things have to start working in your in your favor. When you can get the players you need to compete with everybody else. That's that's that's all to come down to me.
Speaker 4: I think, I think you look at it and you give him some time. Obviously, this is a new league, a new situation for him. The whole process of what he's doing, and the college football game is much much different than the NFL. I don't think anybody was expecting UNC to be a playoff team this year. I don't think they've been very good or very competitive in the ACC probably since Drake May was coming out. Is really probably the last time I can't remember the last time I've turned on a North Carolina game.
Speaker 3: To actually watch a football game. Their jerseys look.
Speaker 4: Pretty cool, spot it a nice you look good, but you get your ass thanked every Saturday. You are not a football school, so for me, it doesn't entice me. But I think as a hole as you look at it from a college football landscape, Belichick has an opportunity to do something amazing. If they get the right players and the right people in there, it will be a great story right now currently with what they have on the roster and what it is in this transition, it's not going very well. But I don't think you can really sit there and judge as a whole year until you get acc play you see how you stack up against other teams in your conference. This is not a good look obviously using to a UCF team, But UCF not a bad program. They've had years in the past. They they've got a good thing going down there. So I mean you're both back, Yeah, I mean you got UCF is a is a solid program. They're definitely more of a football school than North Carolina is or has been in the past in my opinion. So the girlfriend stuff, if you don't see it anywhere else and.
Speaker 2: Call it, that's a big thing, and from the media.
Speaker 4: Definitely jumped on it and made it a big thing, maybe even bigger than it is. But to be walking around the field and warm ups and this and that and the cameras when you know what's happening and you know it's causing a stir, when you know you're gonna go into a press conference and get asked about it and all this stuff that comes along with it, it almost gets to the point like why the fuck would you do it? Like like why you know, you're just adding more scrutiny and more things to the pot, like Toney's sit in the suite, I'll see you after the game. What are we talking about. It's obviously a problem. It's obviously an issue. People look at it and they're talking about it every single week. Doesn't make sense to me, and it's so Unbelichick. But at this point in time, with all that he's done, maybe he's just like, I am that guy. I can do what I want, and I'm gonna do whatever it is I want.
Speaker 3: They gave me the keys to this.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna run it my way and you guys can watch and and hate from the outside.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing too about Bill obviously, knowing him personally, he don't give two of you know what about what nobody say. He wouldn't nobody think. He don't care at all at all. He runs things his way and he can always continue running his way because his way works and it always has.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: Obviously they're not winning right now, but them not winning had nothing to do with her.
Speaker 6: They had nothing to do with her.
Speaker 5: With those that are watching and making stories about her being around. Listen, this blow is being blown out of proportion because of who he is. If it was anybody else, it wouldn't be talked about.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: He would always tell you, guys, distractions, This is a distraction for his football team. Now he would say, he would say, let's limit to the distractions. Let's make sure it's about football. Now people are talking about things that are not football related. So the biggest distraction created at the University of Chapel Hill is Bill belichicking what he had ex curriculact. I ain't saying this. There's nothing wrong with it. He's consenting, she's consenting. It is what it is. But we've never seen anything like this. And I'm a little older all both of y'all. I've never seen a coach Saban or Vince Dooley or both sham Beckler or I've never seen any though. I didn't even you saw their wives after the game, when they came down on the field after a big game, you just see him. Man, If Alabama beat Eastern Michigan, you didn't see mss A coach Saban's wife on the field. Miss take Now they beat the ALPHN they beat Georgia, they win the national Championship, you're gonna see.
Speaker 2: Miss Terryby's side. But that was the only time.
Speaker 1: So I think the biggest thing is Oh Joe giving up what we know about Coach Belichick and how he's run his programs in his twenty years in New England's matters. The distractions, guys, we don't need distraction him saying very little and for the most part, a lot of the things being talked about is his his his girlfriend. They're not talking about his team is bad. Ain't really really anything good to say about it. But the distraction that that he's allowing to be created. And so that's what's surprising, I think, to a lot of people because we've never seen a coach of of his caliber.
Speaker 2: Like dude like this.
Speaker 1: I mean I saw like before the game, Oh Joe, like he's on like he's on the sideline and she back there they talking like they're going over a game playing. I'm like, well, damn this, I said, I don't know. So I was just like, I wonder, I wonder what's gonna be saying. I can assure you even Hehill, he's coach Belichick. I don't know if the alumni. I don't know if the chancellor with the president or whatever they call him at the University of North Carolina, I don't know if that's what he signed they signed up for.
Speaker 4: I agree it's odd. It doesn't coincide with everything that he's been about about football throughout.
Speaker 3: The entire entirety of his whole career. So I agree.
Speaker 4: I would think that somebody within the higher ups of North Carolina will kind of be.
Speaker 3: Like, what exactly is this? What are we doing here? Because if she's sitting there.
Speaker 4: Drawing some plays in the dirt and breaking down film and to get a game, so be it.
Speaker 3: We'll take that wherever we can get it.
Speaker 4: We'll take it from the janitor, We'll take it from anybody we can get it throughout the organization.
Speaker 3: That's not what this is.
Speaker 1: Clemson, which were the top five team to open the season, it's one in three if the excuse lost at home. They lost at home to Syracuse thirty four to twenty one. Dabble was seeing crying on the field after the game. Nick Saban had some tough love advice for Dabble. Dabbo needs to look at what he needs to do in this program to make this program continually successful? Do you have to change the portal? Do you have to change name, image, and likeness? The game has changed, you need to change with it. Otherwise you're not going to put yourself in the same position other people are and have a chance to be successful. This is the worst start to Clemson since two thousand and four, and the worst start, worst start ever in the sweety era. You know he talks about I don't believe in the portal. I don't believe in this. I don't believe players should get paid. Okay, Dabbo, There are a lot of coaches that thought like that until they started getting their ass kicked by teams that were using the portal. When the teams that were using the nil. Now, one of two things gonna happen, Dabbo. Either you're gonna adapt, or you're gonna do like coach Saban, or you're gonna do like coach k or you're gonna do like some of these others. You're gonna go sit your ass down, because if you think your way, you think somebody's gonna go to cliff Ay, Now they gonna You're gonna You're gonna still get some players. But if you think a player has an opportunity to go to Ohio State in Alabama and Georgia and Miami or Michigan and they can get two million, go to Clemson and oh, I just know, bro, that are happening.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 5: Johnny Dabbo knows that the landscape of football has changed. College football is different now. Listen, y'all might not watch soccer, but like Liverpool and Man City, you have to pay to win if you play, if you play FEEFA, if you play Ultimate Team, if you play Madden, you got the pay to win. It's the same thing in college football. Dabbo saying some of the things he said in the past that lets me know that you don't want adapt to the times that we're in now with what means basicy, You trying to use the BlackBerry, You trying to use a flip phone.
Speaker 6: It's not going to work.
Speaker 5: Two way, two way. Listen everything that too, hey, Johnny. Everything is evolved. The game is evolved, and if you don't evolve with it, die, it's gonna pass you by.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 1: Jady is not that cause, remember oh Joe, he was supposed to retire once the playoff started getting paid. Once these players start getting paid, it'll be Tabo dabble the lead game. What Dabbo do gotta raise? Now, check this out. Dabbo said, most of the guys that's in the portal aren't good enough to play for Clemson. Well, SYRACU just beat Clemson with a transfer quarterback, transfer, office alignment, transfer leading receiver, transfer leading tackling. Hey, you might have players then ain't good enough to play for Clemson, and that'd be your problem.
Speaker 2: Why are you over the bumping your gums.
Speaker 4: Yeah, doesn't. He's stood on business. He's stood on businesses last week too. We won the conference eight out of ten years. I respected what he said, right because his pedigree of what he's done.
Speaker 3: Has in Shawn for itself.
Speaker 4: Of course, they've been at the top of the ACC, which, if we're just being honest, hasn't been a very strong conference or had really competition in anything for the last decade. So they're kind of cake walking through a lot of it, to be honest, and hasn't been basketball conference. You get to the a SEC championship game, they're mopping people by forty. The teams are battling to go seven and six like, okay, yes, you won the conference, not a very good one, to be honest. Yes, you've been in some national champions You've had some great players that have come through those days of what they were doing.
Speaker 3: Deshaun Watson, all the guys that came.
Speaker 1: Through, the defensive lineman that they had, ohoe, all the things.
Speaker 3: There ain't no players on that Clemson roster.
Speaker 2: That look like that d hot There ain't it.
Speaker 4: So you're gonna have to go and adapt and be like, we'll take Maybe you don't have to go to the hit the portal and get fifteen guys, but you better go take three or four. You better go take three, four or five. You better look around and start studying some film and seeing what guys are doing from smaller schools and go get you one because if not, people on your schedule are gonna go get you one and they're gonna whoop that ass.
Speaker 1: Look at Georgia, look at the teams that go. The best safety in college football is Caleb Downs. He left the University of Alabama. Everybody get got you know, he saying, Hey, this program, you know I win, I do it. Okay, let me know how that work out for you. Now, we're gonna check back with you a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I understand she's absolutely right. Oh Joe, he's won the championship, He's won the conference eight out of ten years.
Speaker 5: They do it now.
Speaker 1: To my point, they paid you for that. Now, if you think that you're gonna just be able to coast, well I want eight out of ten years and we be having the same conversation three four years from now.
Speaker 2: That ain't gonna happen, Dabbo.
Speaker 1: Because what you've done is you've created expectations. Certain programs, you have expectations, Dabbo. You created that for Clemson. Alabama have expectations, Ohio State has expectations, Michigan has expectations, Georgia has expectations, Oklahoma has expectations. Teams, certain teams have created what we call expectations. If you think, because what you've done in the past, that's gonna be good enough, No, no, it's not. But if they fied a Coker, he won national championship, look at the record, Eddi hay.
Speaker 6: YEA yeah, I have a question.
Speaker 5: Yes, because of his resume, because of what he's done in the past, how much of a leash does devil have.
Speaker 6: If things continue to go sour this season.
Speaker 2: I think another year two Max, he got another year or two for sure.
Speaker 4: He's earned that with what he's done, for sure, and you give him a chance to adapt. I still think this Clemson team will find a way to write this ship a little bit. You look at the rest of their schedule. I mean North Carolina coming up, Boston College SMU has a decent team, but they're still sitting at two and two Duke and then Florida State, Louisville, Furman, South Carolina. So I mean they'll be able to ride the ship, make this season look somewhat respectable.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, it's playoff or bust. Right now, that's a down year for them.
Speaker 4: One that makes it really hard to go into recruiting and everything else that comes along with it.
Speaker 1: And that's the problem that you have because South Carolina it's you know, even though they lost again today, you know South Carolina you know could possibly beat them again, could beat them, And you look, first of all, you're not making the college football Playoff with three losses. That's not gonna happen. And so now, what what are you selling? What are you selling them. Yeah, you made a college I think they made a college football payout last year, so you could sell that. But uh, you you it's in a while he's gonna have.
Speaker 3: To Dae build on. You come to build on.
Speaker 4: You really are selling the past and selling a little bit of a legacy. And you come to a good school, get a good education. We have a good football program, but you're not selling it that we have a great football program right now.
Speaker 3: You have pieces that are on your roster that you.
Speaker 4: Can look at when you come to practice and you come see how the guys work the facilities. You still have something great to offer, right That's the positive thing for Clemson.
Speaker 3: You have a coach that.
Speaker 4: Knows how to get guys to the next level. That's a positive thing. I think you have a coach there that seems like a great person, seems like a good leader, seems like he runs a good program, one that if you're looking at from a parental aspect, you would be like, I want my.
Speaker 3: Son to go there and play for this man.
Speaker 4: He's gonna come out better, he's gonna get a good education, he's gonna be able to play high level football. So you have a lot of things still going for you at Clemson. But at the end of the day, winning is what matters. Being at the top is what matters. And having a team and selling point that you can go to the national championship if you come here and play for this school, that's a major, major thing.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right, and uh, you're not getting a level of player. I mean, think about it. You lose, you go from DeShawn to Trevor Lawrence. You got Christin Wilkins, you got Cleveland Farrell, you got Dexter Lawrence, you got aj Terrell. You go Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins, and you go Martavius Bryant. You look at the level of talent that they were getting. Not getting that now I was getting back.
Speaker 5: Definitely not getting it. If your pocket book ain't open, right, he's not getting it. He ain't writing no checks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a Tahoe ain't gonna get it. West upon a time, a Tahoe or the Dollee will get you something. Now with the other kids giving you Lambas and Ferrari and mclarence, that ain't gonna cut a coloring or urus that. Hey, oh Joe, do you want to do knowledge or do you want an Urus. You want a Cadillact you want a Cadillac, or do you want a color it?
Speaker 3: The choice is show he call on a smart car.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, oh Joe, I understand the clips of South Carolina, Joe, Johnny and pickups might be handed.
Speaker 2: So maybe you off for Shellby one of those Shelby af Fords.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they nice.
Speaker 1: I almost got me one, almost got one. I might swing back around in two years, but I was like, you know, hey, right now, I'm not in that.
Speaker 2: I'm not in that pick up space and space.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got you, Johnny, were gonna get you out here on this one. Indiana destroyed the Fighting Alone I sixty three to ten and top twenty five matchup. If I'm not mistaken with the first time both of these teams teams that been ranked since nineteen fifty one. Hosting the ninth rank Illinois Bloomington Saturday night, the number nineteen Hoosiers man handled Luke Auptmar and the Fighting A Line. They swarm the quarterback all night, Haraz give me the quick throws, and they beat them sixty three to ten, demoralizing Brett Beilima's team sixty three to ten. You're not supposed to get beat sixty three to ten, Johnny. If your two top twenty five matchups and it ain't supposed to happen.
Speaker 4: You've been a top ten team for most of the season, you have a lot of expectations going into it. You get sixty three hung on you. This is a humbling, humbling moment in their season and one that will define their season. Right, Indiana gets a lot of flak from last year getting into the playoff or they deserving them being there. They get routed in the playoffs. Everybody's kind of making fun of them. But what you do with that going to the playoffs as you build off of it? Right, you have good players that are experienced in there. They know what it's like. They won a lot of games last year, so you're building a culture that's, hey, we're winning some games. We are not the Indiana of old. We are not going to be pushed around and bullied. And when you go out and score sixty three and ten versus a ranked team, that's something you build on in a positive way. On the other side, with Illinois, this is a wake up call.
Speaker 3: This is man. Maybe we were reading too many of those.
Speaker 4: Press clip beings you're talking about how great we how great we were, but we are what we thought we were, and this is a time for us to either come together, button up, and still go do what you want to do in the season. One loss versus a ranked team that you look back and is going to be fighting for a playoff spot.
Speaker 3: Doesn't kill you. But you either shrink and.
Speaker 4: Hide and it changes your season, or you come together strong as a unit and try to fix the things you need to fix. Because sixty three to ten is uh, that's that's a day that you'll remember.
Speaker 1: For a while to get sure you beat like that. You ain't nobody going out. I ain't no part. Hey, man, you going to the you going to the fran part? He No, you think I want you want somebody? You think I want somebody to see me after this ass whipping I just took.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: No, I see y'all, I see y'all Monday. I ain't even leaving my room. I have my roommate picked me something up.
Speaker 3: Its postmates for.
Speaker 6: That boy coming outside.
Speaker 1: No, man, hey, first of all, I wasn't really outside like that anyway, Joe. But if we lost by more than a touchdown, no, I couldn't let down.
Speaker 4: This is a bottle of whiskey on the couch and the Xbox type of night. You find a box of tissue after this one, because you're gonna be sitting there looking at the mirror, staring at the damn we went.
Speaker 2: Out da who put nine tubs on us? Nine of the Oh hell.
Speaker 4: No, you're sitting on the sideline for the boys who didn't play, and you're just going flying by you in the end zone. All you see is reps raising their hands all night, all night.
Speaker 1: Like yeah he got on shore. Yeah, ghettos. Thank you Johnny for joining us tonight. Make sure you guys go subscribe to the part Johnny Glory Days featuring Johnny Manziel on his YouTube channel. Make sure you hit that subscribe button. Make sure you're hitting that like button. There it is on the screen, Glory Days with Johnny Manziel.
Speaker 4: Johnny, before I go, I am I am off to the great city of Las Vegas here right after this, I need a from each of you.
Speaker 3: I'm hitting the room of a table.
Speaker 5: What we got, hey, Johnny, do me a favor. You like you like Frank Sinatra, you like the you like the right pack, the red pack.
Speaker 2: No you're no favor.
Speaker 5: Go and see the rat pack at the Tuscany Hotel and Casino at some point were in Vegas.
Speaker 6: It's a it's a wonderful show. You're liking, you enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure. I try to get on the go. He not listening to me. Maybe I can get you to go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna go check it out.
Speaker 4: I need two numbers for both of you because I go, I'm putting rack on each other.
Speaker 6: I got it.
Speaker 5: You gotta tea you.
Speaker 6: You need to teach me how to gamble.
Speaker 3: Man. I got you, Baker, that's my thing. I'm about to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well see, I mean I I've really never played roulette.
Speaker 4: So you want you matter one through one through one through thirty six, both of you.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven, twenty seven, eight and eight. I split the projects, all.
Speaker 2: Right, bet and enjoy.
Speaker 1: Man have a good with Johnny Manziel in podcast Glory when Johnny Manziel make sure you go check it out appreciated Johnny.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Joe Brown's wide receiver, Jerry Judy said last week eleven and a half point betting line against the Ravens was disrespectful. Judy jen fired off double ball middle fingers during the pregame. In deduction, Judy would fined fourteen thousand, four hundred and ninety one dollars for the gesture to the crowd and also the Ravens won forty one seventeen more than double what the spread was.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey they Hey, there were there were a few finds at the NFL handed out. That's like, listen, I understand the double fingers, the double barrow, double middle.
Speaker 1: Go get you every time on Jo, they gonna get you every.
Speaker 5: Time they find sakuon Barkley forty six thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: On for Lord his helmet.
Speaker 5: He plays running back one.
Speaker 2: You told me that they call it You say he called that h I saw today.
Speaker 5: I saw that they go by on Twitter and I looked at the play.
Speaker 2: I mean, what the hell is he supposed to do?
Speaker 6: Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 5: What is the competition committee or whoever it is, whoever's passing out these fines. It's still the game of football.
Speaker 6: That you can't change the way you play.
Speaker 5: You can't change the way you run, you can't change when you tackle.
Speaker 6: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Hey, I thought you always spoke when I did play running back. They always say run behind your past. And even when I wasn't a running back, I tried to. You know, I would go go into a crowd. I'm gonna run behind my path, right, you got you. I'm not fit to give you all this to hit Hey.
Speaker 5: And if you don't run behind your pass, you're gonna get yourself hurt.
Speaker 2: Shore will they'll saw your ass and half Hey.
Speaker 1: Then you will be ready behind your pass because your ass be doubled up.
Speaker 2: Yep.