Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Vote or Thigh, Vote or Thigh. I'm sick, Romney. Is there any trend words in there? Zeit does? What was it? Zeit d thighsand hour, There you go. I saw them on that list, that one courtesy of Locaroni with all the presidential election references to our thick thick thighs. My name is Jack, that is Miles And these are the stories that are trending right now. We of course have the big document dump all the things that are going to build the case Jacksmith's case against Donald Trump when it comes to that Trump tried to cheat in the last election. It's all stuff that we kind of know. We will dig into it a little bit more on tomorrow's episode. But one of the best details and scariest somehow, according to a document unsealed in federal court on Wednesday, on December seventh, twenty twenty, Rudolph Giuliani tried to send a message urging someone as unspecified to help in the plan to appoint a slate of fake electors. Yep, yeah, yeah, so I need you to pass the joint resolution from the legislature. The quote this is a quote yeah, yeah, so I need you to pass a joint resolution from the legislature that states the election is in dispute, there's no ongoing investigation by the legislation, and the electors sent by Governor Whitmer and not the official electors of the State of Michigan, and do not fall within the safe harbor deadline under the Michigan law. Huh. And you sent that to up like a political operative, the wrong number. Oh, he sent it to the wrong number, to a rando, to a Randoh, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Thank god for Juliani's senility and love of alcohol so that there may be plentiful receipts. Yeah, for the Supreme Court to ignore. But yeah, it's so roody at this point. I feel like we should have thought this was going to happen, Like, of course, he's always sending people like he doesn't know anyone's phone number, and he's sending people the wrong shit, incriminating stuff all the time on accidents.
Speaker 1: The number of people must have been blown up by like Dick picks that just like sent to wrong number by Rudolph Julian. And do you think it's a prank? Maybe not even intentionally, Yeah, you think, but you also you think it's a prankie, Like, dude, someone just sent me like a pick of Rudy Giuliani's dick. What the fuck do you know the number? Nah?
Speaker 2: Man, it's like a nine to one seven area code, that's right.
Speaker 1: I don't know, dude, I don't know. Yeah, but I mean overall, just a lot of good details like that. There's Ronal McDaniel calling Donald Trump's plans fucking nuts, like it's just the conversations happening behind the scenes are exactly what you would expect them to write. This is bullshit, right, Like there's no secret here. It's just like him being like, yeah, we got to cheat, right, we gotta cheat, Like yeah, yo, we gotta cheat. Yeah, so cheap for me and that people being like that doesn't make sense, like the thing you sent me to like present to people as evidence of cheating, Like this shit is fucking nuts, Like it doesn't even make sense. But yeah, I'll try to do it. I'll try to do it.
Speaker 2: Like I know, I know what the plan is here, but like I'm just letting you know, it looks like shit. So yeah, will accountability reached the shores of trump Land and mar A Laco. We probably not the Ibbyan. We're all on the edge of our seats. Oh yeah, the momentum of history indicating probably. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like a TV show with a will they won't they plot. It's like, wow, they never seem to answer that question, and I keep coming back for an answer. Huh. And anyways, tune into the next episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, yep, man, This next one really just fantastic, fantastic insight into filmmaking.
Speaker 1: It's a yeah. So one of our finest filmmakers from the early nineties, Barry Sonomfeld my kids, big fans. He's the director of Men in Black, of Adam's Family, Adam Family Values, and he just dropped his new memoir on the world and it is a classy work that you need to pronounce in that way, Memoir mid Atlantic. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because one of the details from that story, or maybe it was just an interview he was doing about the book, but he revealed that Will Smith once farted while filming a scene with Tommy Lee Jones inside of a sealed cramped car, and the fart was so bad that they had to evacuate the set for about three hours. That's amazing, and I know hyperbole, unless Will Smith has something terribly wrong with his insights. I mean three hours lingering fart in a sealed car. Sure, Like I don't know, all right, So let me just say this. I recently was put in charge of other people's kid. I was picking up my son, their son from a lesson of some sort, and I parked the car went there was like an hour thing that the kids were doing that I was watching them, do you know, came out of the lesson, walked back to the car and got in the car, and they were both like gagging. What the fuck is that smell? And I didn't smell it, and therefore I must have farted before I left the car. Wow. Wow, Okay, it lasted for like an hour and a half. Wait, so do you remember being like, all right, I'm just gonna close the door. No, And that's what's so scary. Oh no, Josh, that's what's so scary. I mean I was by myself, so like I feel like I don't notice those things, you know. Oh, whenever I got a fight and I'm like, oh here we go. Oh time to do a solo real quick on the lo lo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well then, now that makes me think that if it was three hours and some poor pa like son and Fell was like, any check the check the picture car really quick. Oh yeah, yeah, going no, no, no, it's still not out.
Speaker 1: It's still not out. It's still not out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I like the way he'd even explained who Will Smith is? You know, yeah, so he said, quote Will Smith is a fart. It's just some people are damn bro. I didn't know it was going to be a philosophy book, you know. Yeah, D thought this was just like hot goss from behind the scenes. But it's hot gas yeah, and turns it turns out and that is how I pronounced gas.
Speaker 1: So god, I'm alle please, yes, exactly. Still it up twenty worth of goss I fart. Therefore, I am ah, very good, very good. Hey, speaking of horrible, horrible farts. Yeah, McDonald's is bringing the chicken big Mac that everyone hates to the United States. Don't need it. This is disgusting. So this is exactly what you assume it is. It is a big Mac, except replace the patties with patties, you know, just the patties song. Sing the song, but just swap out the lyrics. Oh, I can't do that.
Speaker 2: I don't fried chicken patty special sauceleed is to use bickles and he's on the sesame seed bun.
Speaker 1: I mean two fried chicken patties. Yeah, and oh man and three pieces of bread. Huh, so much bread? So yeah, producer Victor made a very good you know, some might even call him a super producer. I just call him producer. But he's a super producer many people's hearts. We trank keep him mumble, We try to keep him mumble. So I hadn't quite put my finger on like the first problem that erupted in my subconscious when I saw this. But it is in fact too much bread. Yeah yeah, I like the big Man quite a bit personally, but it is verging on being too much bread. Yeah yeah. But adding breaded meat to the too much bread sandwich, yeah, is not a good move. That ain't gonna work. That's so much bread. Yeah, she just looks, it just looks. In case we're wondering why they're making this move. McDonald's keeps adding more chicken to their menu because it's quote cheaper than beef. They're desperately trying to reverse slumping sales Jesus, that's kind of wild. That makes me highly suspect of their chicken, the fact that it's cheaper than their hamburger patties, which have always struck me as not the finest quality.
Speaker 2: Of questionable provenance. As people would say, Yes, well it is one hundred percent beef with an asterisk on it. But we love that, and we love that about it. We have enough problems in America. Don't import these abominations onto our menus, please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people who have tried it in other countries seem to really not like it. They've described the flavors as incongruous, noting that there's a weird aftertaste that is such a scathing euro takedown. I know, this flavor combination is just incongruous. Oh, it's a wobbly collection of flavors, right.
Speaker 2: It's just it's cockophonic, if I may say so. It's a cacophony of flavors that I just cannot I cannot abide by. Where Meanwhile, in america's gonna be some like TikTok fast food. Dude, dude tastes like shit, and that's our version. But hey, it's efficient, tastes like shit.
Speaker 1: We get the point. Yeah, well probably like leave one of those in your car for an hour, and I smells better than a fart, to be honest, Yeah, that's true. You did raise an interesting question, though, what is McDonald's doing with all the burger tops, Because I mean a big mac is burger top, two heels, yep, top and two heels. There's a dirty joke that I could make about that that I'm not gonna make. But is there like some special thing that they're doing to create the extra heel? Is there another food item that is just top? I think it's It sounds like because God blessed TikTok for showing us like people who are working on the lines of fast food places that I think it's its special own butt. The mid bun is a special owned butt. Yeah. Wow. They call it a crown. That's what the top with the sesame seeds is is the crown. The middle part is called the club, which makes sense because a club sandwich is a three piecer. Yeah, and then the bottom is the heel. But yeah, I didn't I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if they're if they're turning out clubs on their own or if.
Speaker 1: It comes with the anyway, it's too much bread. Do you fuck with Big Max? No? Fuck, No, it's disgusting. I don't want that shit. Too much bread. Yeah, too much bread, way too much bread, too much Thousand Island dressing. Now I'll eat like if I can. I'm eating breakfast there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've evolved past the regular offerings like in that. For the longest time, I was just eating obscene amounts of McDonald's breakfast, especially when they started doing the thing, was like twenty four hours a day, and my insides died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now I'm off that a highly evolved palette. Indeed, yes, I'm still a caveman over here. I think I'm about to enter the renaissance. But yeah, egg whites, Jack, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about a strike and talk about Milania Trump. Will be right back and we're back. We're back, and Milania Trump has finally entered. Yeah, the twenty twenty four presidential election. Everyone's like, where is she? Where is she? What's she doing? Does she hate Donald Trump? Does? What is going on?
Speaker 2: So she has a memoir out and it's basically like propaganda to make Donald Trump seem normal with you know, a few anecdotes of her own, and I think the thing that is getting a lot of attention is this. There's like an excerpt that people are posting where she basically says that she is pro choice. She believes in the right to use plant blank. That's it.
Speaker 1: No further questions, my honor, and the stupid reactions like you saw a lot of.
Speaker 3: People be like, WHOA, Melania's pro choice? She must really hate Donald Trump to put that in her book so close to the election. Why would she do that? But realistically, this is just another fucking ruse.
Speaker 2: I think in order for people who are not critically thinking to believe that, like, oh, maybe Trump can be reasoned with despite all the nonsense that he says about abortion, if his wife is there advocating for it, then that must maybe that balances out his completely regressive view on abortion and healthcare. And then so after that thing came out, people were like, oh, I don't know, what does this mean?
Speaker 1: What does he get?
Speaker 2: What's going to happen to the conservative vote? She dropped a video like in the most I don't know what this. It looks like film noir or something restating for everyone what her beliefs are. She's saying it with her whole test right now.
Speaker 4: Individual freedom, He's a fundamental SIPO that I safeguard without a doubt. There is no loo for compromise when.
Speaker 1: It comes to the lighting is so disorienting that.
Speaker 4: All women possess from birth individual freedom. What does my body, my choice really mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, anyone that's like, buy my book Millennia Trump dot Com.
Speaker 1: Fully inspired by early nineties perfume commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is very much Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds kind of vibe. Yeah, I'm surprised there wasn't like a shot of like the like shells washing Ashore, like as b roll. But yeah, this is again, make no mistake, this is merely to put something out there where it's like a woman from the Trump family is on board, on the same page as other people who believe that you should have, you know, agency over your body. Look, it's a nice stride because I think at the end of the day, her meal ticket in Donald Trump must win in order for her life to continue the way it is. So at least they're on the same page for once, you know, they're both like, yeah, I guess you can't lose this one. So if I need to just be the fucking person who pretends like you're reasonable, or I can at least seem like a foil to all your bad ideas, then we'll go for it.
Speaker 1: Damn. All right. Well, I appreciate you because my take was going to be, Wow, she must be so mad at her, the exact take that you just did. And I appreciate you telling guest editor Josh to edit out my take and just do a dumb sounding impression of exactly what I said, word for Oh my, omg, Miles, do you see this next one? Be like sleeping on the couch now? Bro? Wow? I bet they sleep in separate homes. Wait they do? Yeah? All right, And finally we have the longshoremen are on strike. Yeah, and people are losing their shit about toilet paper, so to speak.
Speaker 2: Everyone's losing their So the International Longshoreman's Association, which represents you know, the long shot women who work all along up and down the Atlantic coast.
Speaker 1: It is along shore. Yeah, it's very nice to clever name my folks.
Speaker 2: They've gone on strike after their contract expired with the port owners. And their response is like it's all over the place, depending on where you get your news and what your perspective is on like worker rights or the election. So Republicans are preemptively already blaming Harris for the economic chaos that this will bring. If the ports are shut down, if goods aren't coming in, supply chain is going to be messed up, the prices are going to go up, and that's on them for not felling the strike and forcing people to go back to work. You know, that's not a great option when you're sort of coming off of this pro labor thing. Kamala Harris has come out and said like no, no, like, yeah, go ahead, I support them, Get yours, Get yours.
Speaker 1: Liberals are blaming the workers for being in cahoots with Trump because the head of the ILA is like, you know, he's said a lot of glowing things about Trump, and they're like.
Speaker 2: They're just striking right now to fuck with the election. And sure, that's a very cynical way of looking at it. And then consumers are panic buying toilet paper again because they're like, the ports are gonna close and where are we how are we gonna wipe our assholes? So, first off, I think it's important to say the strike is warranted, okay, given the record breaking profits shipping companies have enjoyed over the last few years, especially during the pandemic. They're merely asking for what all workers in the United States on some level have been yearning for, which is that you have wages that actually match the productivity gains or the profit gains for the entity that you work for. So some bad faith arguments against this are that, like, they already make a lot of money, Like it's not right that they make so much money, or why are they against technology if it makes.
Speaker 1: Things more efficient?
Speaker 2: Well, I think looking back, there's like a great article about this in the New Prospect or the American Prospects that essentially talks about how like over sixty years ago, these longshorman unions had to embrace containerization because back then the goods were in a ship's hull and then all these dudes came out and we're pulling stuff out on nets and then bringing it ashore. And so when they said, okay, we'll agree to containerization where like the goods are in containers and like they can be moved easily on rail and truck and cranes and things like that, Basically when they agreed to that, it took a huge bite out of like the need for these workers sometimes like near it's a ninety percent by just agreeing to containerization. So they've already taken a huge hit in terms of the number of people that can work, in terms of like quote efficiency, and so now they're worried about things like automation where like it's like, oh, everything scanned automatically rather than that being someone's job. Like that kind of stuff is what they're pushing back because they've already had huge chunks of that workforce taken out by you know, these sort of technological gains. So they're merely saying this is a good system, it works, no further automization, and please give us increased wages that are matching the cut like the profits that you guys are seeing.
Speaker 1: Miles some that monies goes to shareholders value. So yeah, yeah, well so fuck all that I think is what their point. Sorry, those aren't the rules, dude, I know that money's any extra money goes to shareholders.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, if this line isn't a hockey stick and turns into a ping pong table and flattens out, I will die.
Speaker 1: It's not realizing that money's goes to shareholder value is actually childish of you, and you don't know how things work.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, my sweet sweet child. But yeah, so the timing isn't great. You know, if there's a huge choke point in the supply chain, prices will probably most likely go up because that's how all this shit works. And it could be used as a political attack against Biden and Harris. But if you had a functioning media, they could avoid you know, this call of the journalistic void and just say things like the shipping companies and ports could end this strike immediately. They are just choosing not to out of greed. But then you see a lot of takes are like, uh oh, this is going to be trouble for Harris. Rather than educating people, I'm like, this is this isn't merely the decision of the administration to have a strike happened. And then the toilet paper thing, I think is important. Stop panic buying toilet paper everyone. Here's a fun thing you can tell people who have been losing it over like toilet paper vanishing because the ports are closing, because there's pictures, there's a ton of pictures, TikTok videos, or people like walking into Costco and they're like, U, it's it's like March twenty twenty again up in here, Like people are raiding the fucking toilet paper. And conservatively ninety percent of the toilet paper we are using comes from domestic factories.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: The rest is coming from like Canada or Mexico, which means doesn't have to come in through a port, comes in you know, the old fashioned way. And if anything, the strike would affect the exports of toilet paper abroad, you see, right, Like that's where it gets messed up. So you would probably be looking at a just an oversupply of toilet paper if it's not able to be exported.
Speaker 1: Of industrial bed toilet paper.
Speaker 2: I think the one thing where toilet paper manufacturing, like as I was reading about it, is affected is the fact that they import like this eucalyptus pulp to make this softer shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that comes from Brazil. You're just gonna have rough shit on your buttle.
Speaker 2: But what they're saying right now is like we're good, Like even the lobbying groups that represent them like, please stop, we have so much Like it's probably not going to be that big of a deal. And worst case scenario, commercial grade toilet paper is out there because it doesn't require this like important pulp, so don't worry.
Speaker 1: You can wipe your butts in peace, so don't worry. All this is really fucked up SNL sketch like early days of SNL where Jackie Kennedy is like sitting and every time there's a lab bang, she starts like climbing up behind her oh with the motor kid like like just it's a joke about panic trauma reflexes. Wow, triggered much. It's truly fucked up. But I feel like that is us as a nation. Like the second there's any sort of uh news about supply chain interruption, we just like my mindlessly sprint to the supermarket to buy toilet paper. Yep, we're just like dah, I need toilet paper. Super producer Victor again in the chat.
Speaker 2: It's right, that's why you got to be get like me, Bill Shitters and get a lovely bid day because he's got a dry.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, love bid days. Oh.
Speaker 2: But the one thing that could get affected is I think one of the huge consumer items would be bananas banana would be one percent.
Speaker 1: Are not growing that shit here? No no, no, no, don't tell your minion buddies no more by now all right, well pour one out for the minions hopefully. It's also funny, like, so this is being done at a time when really the Biden administration would be incentivized to help. It's almost like the union has a lot of leverage right now, and to use that leverage is un American. Is like how the story is told. Yeah, yeah, exactly, and that probably gets like they're already make enough enough, You're going to make too much money.
Speaker 2: They do make a good wage, but again that's because it's so vital and critical, and also because again they've argued the negotiated contracts that have had a bit of foresight to be like, well, if our workforce is going to get cut down by some of these advancements, then you're gonna pay like relatively, like what is going you know, a fair proportional wage based on the demand and the work that we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, to vaccine, get your flu shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, And we will talk to y'all tomorrow. Bye. Peace,