Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is mick Shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: And here it is a Tuesday at the Star and Frisco inside the SWBC podcast studio. And this is Mickshots, brought to you by Miller Lite. And I was able to listen to the show as I was driving to Nis, Texas yesterday Innis Texas interviewing the great Sam Harrow who is retired, retiring as I saw the legendary high school football coach who's battling MS and he sat down with him yesterday and on the way there's long drive in us. Listen to the show and you handled it nicely. Happy I didn't have to have to be here for the day after postportom.
Speaker 5: But you're here two days after you have given Nate Nate from Frisco.
Speaker 6: Anytime you have him having to take over the show and really explain to us what the heck is going on, that's when you know we're in.
Speaker 5: In his eyes.
Speaker 6: Uh So, now, he was very optimistic, though he was more optimistic than we were. You know, he sees a light at the end of the tunnel with a young offensive lineman and they were awesome.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 5: One spot was awesome. You know.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. It's kind of like with officials. If you don't talk about him, they must have done a good job. And if you I didn't outside of I was watching the CBS broadcast and Nance and Romo mentioned him at the beginning of the game, and it was Romo and not Nance this time. Then just did what I did and said something about awesome, and you know, did the pun. But I don't think his name was called the rest of the day. And that's a good thing when you're playing left tackle.
Speaker 5: And you're starting your first game in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we should at.
Speaker 5: Least give you the opportunity to give us your take.
Speaker 4: I'm good, Yeah, I'm moving on. Yeah, that's a distant past. Twenty four hour rules passed. You know, it was not pretty.
Speaker 5: You watched TV or I was on TV.
Speaker 2: The radio, and.
Speaker 4: I had to clean up the Michael Parsons story yesterday. It actually was easy because it took care of my sports cast last night. I just let Michah talk on his podcast clarify things, and okay, now we're moving on.
Speaker 5: If you've got a half of brain, you understand what he said. I don't. I don't get it. And I heard another thing today. I was getting ready to do my fan deal and they have a national update and the lady that did it, woman, she was all over Micah Parsons.
Speaker 2: Can you can you break it down to the people what happened?
Speaker 5: Okay, here's what happened on Sunday because I heard something about Micah did a drive by, and so I got the transcript of his interview and I read the whole thing and I said, Okay, there's nothing here. I don't need this. And then the next day it's like this whole thing exploded and I'm going, well, am I stupid? Like I read it? Nothing stood out to me. And then I saw it printed out again and I go, that's what everybody got like excited about.
Speaker 4: Well, so you have it.
Speaker 2: I got it. There you.
Speaker 5: He was asked about what he tells people about if what would you tell people if they think that Mike McCarthy won't be coaching here next year? Okay, that's above my pay grade. About if Mike is coaching again next year, but all coaching aside coaching, Mike can leave and go wherever he wants. But guys, I kind of feel bad for this guy like Zach Martin and guys who might be here on their last show, on their way out, who I wanted to hold a trophy for. You want to win games and do great things for those, those types of legends who put in more time and work than Mike McCarthy ever did. So those are the kind of guys that I have so much simpathy and hurt for. So basically, he was saying, if people need explanation, McCarthy's been here five years, Zach Martin's been here eleven years. Eleven is that right?
Speaker 4: Twelve, twenty fourteen, so eleven.
Speaker 5: And he hasn't won anything. And if we play like this, he's never gonna win anything the rest of his career.
Speaker 4: There's a finality to a playing career.
Speaker 5: Right, coaching career. You can go coach again, right, But for him, this is it. And for other guys DeMarcus Lawrence that have been here, sweat equity, right, and they're gonna have nothing to show for it. So he said, when he's.
Speaker 4: Talking about he's talking about literal sweat equity. Yes, yes, And so it was not saying that Mike mca are these that didn't putting in the hours, you know, but he's I don't think he's probably not.
Speaker 5: What he meant, yeah exactly. But everybody wanted to interpret where they can have something very negative. So it's all over Sports Center, right, It's all over first what is it? First, take junk in the morning, take yeah, and then when one person does it, everybody's got to follow suit. They can't think for themselves. They can't say no, that idiot's wrong.
Speaker 6: Right, Chris, and we are paying attention, and.
Speaker 5: So now everybody piles on to the point. Now this morning, Jerry's gotta explain what Michaeh. Parsons was saying, which he did very well, by the way, and basically pointed out he didn't mean any harm to Mike.
Speaker 4: He just fell Well, they have meetings yesterday about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah wow, Well Mike said he sat down and talked.
Speaker 4: To it, and then Jerry this morning.
Speaker 5: And then Jerry said, I talked to everybody involved.
Speaker 2: So wait, if it's no big deal, then why are they going around talking.
Speaker 5: To everybody, because everybody was talking about it across the country.
Speaker 2: So then they understand and if.
Speaker 5: One person plays it now, the next person's got a bill and got no he did on his podcast.
Speaker 6: Well, I just meane him go to talking about Jerry had a meeting on it. Mike had a meeting on it that they have when.
Speaker 4: We say a meeting, when they we say a meeting, that they talked about it. Okay, okay, And what McCarthy said at this press conference yesterday that I mean when that, when that narrative gets thrown out there, then you want to make sure a.
Speaker 6: World far I thought they literally had a meeting about it. Yeah, that's all, no big.
Speaker 4: Deal, and we don't know what happened by those scenes for sure, but I was just they did acknowledge that they talked.
Speaker 2: About Mike's in there, like what are we doing? Guy?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: And on MICA's podcast, that's basically what he's saying and rightfully. So he went off with all those that were criticis because there was some criticizing him or how dare him talk about the coach when he has been out for six weeks or whatever, which is just nonsense.
Speaker 5: Just there's enough to talk about in the game, right.
Speaker 7: Well, no, there's the tools, right right, silly, silly, silly me.
Speaker 5: It's just it's just maddening. And I remember, and this was a long time ago, Edward said, the reason we hate covering the Cowboys is the reason we get to cover the Cowboys because we got to clean up all this crap. But because of that, we getting notoriety covering the team. Right, just amazing.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, to me, if I were to just land on this earth not knowing anything, and I saw two teams clearly who aren't doing well at all with three wins. One of them happens to be in New York City, right, one of the biggest cities in the world.
Speaker 2: And then you've.
Speaker 5: Got and they only got two.
Speaker 2: They don't have three. Job, I'm talking about the Jets.
Speaker 4: The Jets.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about the Jets, so together that got five because you're talking about you know, we were waiting on this season to come, not just this year, but even last year. Aaron Rodgers is gonna be the guy that's gonna take this team and they're gonna be the best team the New York Jets ever had. Okay, well, that didn't work out. So now we had an injury at wide receiver. Now we're bringing in the number one guy, number one free agent wide receiver in the NFL.
Speaker 2: And and he hadn't do he hadn't done Jet.
Speaker 5: And the big proponent of this whole thing on.
Speaker 2: ESPN Rex Ryan, Right, that's true.
Speaker 5: Who's still but hurt that they didn't hire as the defensive coordinat goes back to what you were saying.
Speaker 2: It was all about everybody wants to rewrite history.
Speaker 5: It's the envy.
Speaker 2: It's the envy. Everybody wants to rewrite history. So now here you are.
Speaker 6: You got the Cowboys. Yes, this is a big story, the fact that we haven't won a game at home and how badly we played. But the story of the year was that the New York Jets were going to be in the AFC Championship Game, and especially after they got the wife receiver.
Speaker 2: I can Deavonte Adams.
Speaker 6: So you got Davonte Adams and it has gotten worse since he's gotten there. So I'm just waiting on right now forget the alien coming down and let it on earth.
Speaker 2: We know how silly that is.
Speaker 6: I'm just waiting right now for someone to say that the New York Giants have been a failure ever since.
Speaker 2: They brought the Jets, the.
Speaker 6: Jets of failure, ever since they brought this whole scenario up, as this is going to be the best thing to happen in the NFL quite something since Joe freaking name it.
Speaker 5: And then the subhead is Dak Prescott's having surgery tomorrow, was out for the season, and who knows what that surgery is going to do for his career.
Speaker 2: That's true, right, you don't know how he's going to come back from that.
Speaker 5: So Jerry right at the end of the segment was asked.
Speaker 4: Me because I was I wasn't listening to the segment, but I was following some tweets about it. The lead the reporters were tweeting that he about various things that were in the interview, and I'm like, oh, I don't even have to tune into the interview. I'll just keep track of it here and what the reporters will tell me what's important. And then I went away and did something else. And then I come back and I see a headline that Dak is having surgery. I went, oh, I guess that was and so I went back and looked, and sure enough, it was like the last thing on last question that oh, by the way, before we let you go, how's.
Speaker 5: Dak Yeah, yes, he is having surgery at this point.
Speaker 6: At this point, and you know, no, no disrespect to the media, but there are times when you get this concerted effort to a particular goal. And right now I think the goal is somebody's gonna see who's gonna piss off Jerry the most. Somebody's gonna do it. It's gonna happen. I mean more than what's happening right now. It seems like everybody's getting their shots in like this is the time, you know, because he's so optimistic here, so optimistic there, and they just that's boring.
Speaker 2: They want some action.
Speaker 6: Somebody's gonna give them some action, and they're gonna get it back.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get some action back.
Speaker 5: No one wants to look. And I went back and looked at it again, just to remind myself. The possession on firstan goal at the six when they had to kick the field goal, the crappy blocking on all three plays. But the story is the damn son, we.
Speaker 6: Need a tin, We need a tint on our windows. That's what we need. That's all you got to do it if it's a big deal, just tinted damn thing.
Speaker 5: They missed blocks on all three plays.
Speaker 4: Which is why the pass to CD was uncatchable because it was down at his feet. It was behind him and on his feet. There was nothing to see because the ball is way down here anyway, you know, so here that was because Rush wound up on his back.
Speaker 5: It's just here's what happened on that play. Ferguson misses the block on ninety three.
Speaker 4: Williams Milton Williams out of Crowley High School?
Speaker 5: Is he really? So he's the one that has the pressure on Coop and he's the one that he had to throw the ball when he did, okay, and when he threw it, not only and I'm not trying to throw Ferguson under the bus, but he cut back in and it's like, I don't know if it also messed up CD's view of where the pass was coming. But he had to throw it because the block that was missed ninety three was bearing down out and hit him. And when Cooper said after the game about they asked him about the sun and he goes, well, I don't know. I was on the ground and he was right, right, he was right, So okay, it's incomplete. You still have third and goal at the three. Right, and on the next play, I'm gonna get my notes here. The very next play, they're going to hand the ball to Rico, right, he gets hit at the nine yard No to Zeke, he gets hit at the nine yard line, makes a great spin move right because they missed the block up front, and he does a phenomenal job to get to Like the five yard line is a two yard loss? Boat was Donald? I'm sorry? Zeke was the play the first in goal before? Well, they missed the block again, and it's like he could have scored a touchdown.
Speaker 6: Going back to the previous play the CD Lamb passed. Did Ferguson have a chance to catch that ball?
Speaker 5: He wasn't supposed to. I think he wasn't supposed to be there. That's why he pulled his hands back.
Speaker 6: Also, like after he pulled his hands back that he he was upset that maybe I shouldn't have pulled my hand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you saw where his hands went after that, Yeah, on top of his head right right, Like because like I couldn't. I could have caught that right.
Speaker 6: So I really thought the past is going to him. So so Coop was definitely going to ceedee lamp.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 5: And that's where the play was intended.
Speaker 2: He was open, okay, and then and then and then Daldo comes.
Speaker 5: Back and he's got to com claim about the sun. All right, and now we got another controversy.
Speaker 2: So who starts complaining about the sun? First? Where did this come from? The sun thing?
Speaker 4: When the stadium was built.
Speaker 5: You're not supposed to have one end zone in the west at the east west.
Speaker 4: Field, which is common and not common, but there are a bunch of college football fields or not west fields, Yeah, high school but fields and and and I think Jerry may have said it. I didn't hear the interview this morning. I did see a tweet about it that Jerry wants to give a feel of it as an outside stadium and that's one of the reasons why he wants to have the sun illuminate the stadium.
Speaker 5: Well, I could read all that do too, But that is it?
Speaker 6: Just as can we just tanted down thing? I mean, can't you just put something that is it?
Speaker 2: That is it? That hard to do? Is windows, it's glass.
Speaker 5: Well, what if you were playing outside and it's snowing. Does Green Bay play better in the snow than everybody else? They do? You think I'd love to see their I'd love to see their record playing in the snow. The snow doesn't help anybody.
Speaker 2: I think they would be more accustomed to it.
Speaker 5: But they don't practice in it. They practice indoors.
Speaker 2: But there.
Speaker 5: Okay, did the rain help you in New York?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Did it help them?
Speaker 2: It didn't much.
Speaker 5: But it rains.
Speaker 2: There was definitely bad.
Speaker 5: Last game we played. It was the Cowboys played. There was it rained? The rain doesn't help put a roof of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh right? It rained? And does the rain help the Steelers?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: The elements are the elements.
Speaker 6: Now, let's steak Buffalo. I mean, Buffalo loves playing in the snow, and they use that to the advantage.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they use it to the advantage.
Speaker 5: They gotters on theirs.
Speaker 2: The fans get get loud.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they break more tables, you know, come on, I mean it is true that Buffalo plays better in the Just.
Speaker 4: Look at Miami's.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, Miami, Miami played better in the humidity, and they know they do. It's not helping.
Speaker 2: It doesn't help us.
Speaker 5: That was just like the thank you More for Thanksgiving Day games. Then it was unfair because the Cowboys got to play home at Thanksgiving. Well, when the Cowboys were good, they won on Thanksgiving. When they were bad, they got their ass being.
Speaker 4: Not only one on Thanksgiving, but they'd always win the next game after Thanksgiving because they had rest.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, so that changed when the team got bad and it was.
Speaker 5: One in fifteen didn't help either day.
Speaker 4: I was all right, and I'm intrigued by what Mickey just said about Dak Prescott's surgery.
Speaker 5: Yes, and so we're going let's not bury that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when mix shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 2: Want to stay at the.
Speaker 6: Team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk exces No with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today Hey.
Speaker 8: Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Scott Kits slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 4: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed yetieys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yettie dot com.
Speaker 5: Check it out.
Speaker 9: Today YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: To mixed shots.
Speaker 6: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your connected TV. Catch up on all Cowboys content like player interviews, weekly TV shows, podcasts, docuseries like Deep Blue, and much more. Download The Cowboys now app on Amazon, Fire, Roku and Apple TV.
Speaker 4: All right, we continue with mixed Shots and Mickey bring us up to speed on this Dak Prescott surgery scheduled for tomorrow in New York.
Speaker 5: Kerry Jones, in his segment on the radio, said that he has decided that he will have the surgery to repair the vulsion of his hamstring, which means that the tendon attaching the hamstring to the bone up by your hip or pelvic whatever is partially torn distached, and we'll have surgery on Wednesday, and he is out for the season. What you hope for he's back by July. I mean that sounds serious.
Speaker 2: It had to be serious.
Speaker 6: When you're throwing a pass and it hurt, and it hurt, you can't even stop it from you can't even stop your your your face from showing it.
Speaker 5: You know, it's amazing that he completed the past before that.
Speaker 2: I think it was a it.
Speaker 5: Was a diving catch by Brooks, right, but it was it was a change up.
Speaker 6: It was a change because the guy was expecting a dart. He went for it because of the injury. Dak took some off I mean because he had nothing left and so the dB goes flying over too soon. If I'm not mistaken, that's what it looked like. But Brooks maintained and made a great patch. By the way, So the most exciting seven year past I think I've seen one.
Speaker 5: I mean, the question is, how does this affect.
Speaker 4: Your career going forward?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they repair it, right, but when you get repairs, they're never the same.
Speaker 6: And this is you repairing something first of all, very unique and and it seems to be in a very vulnerable area.
Speaker 5: Now. Didn't Tyron Smith have a similar thing when he missed the was it the twenty twenty one twenty two season with the He had an evulsion of the knee. Uh, And it was something about the hamstring or whatever, the calf muscle that I'm just off the top of my head, those things, I mean, they could linger.
Speaker 6: And it would and not just that, it would limit you even if probably fully healed, right, you'll still probably never have the same movement, the same extension that you would have otherwise. And yeah, that's that's scary as a quarterback. If that hurt while you're throwing it. How it's like every time you throw from here on, whether it's healed.
Speaker 2: Or not, I would be worried about it happening again.
Speaker 5: And you're it's his right leg. Yeah, so that's.
Speaker 2: Your's off leg. Yeah, man, that's what you use.
Speaker 5: You got to have that pivot.
Speaker 4: There all right. On the Tyron Smith, yes, he actually he suffered an e vulsion fracture of the knee, meaning the hamstring tendon that sits at the back of the knee pulled off the bone and he needed surgery, and that would happen in late August.
Speaker 5: And was it twenty twenty two, Yes, so that it happened at the Ford Center when they were practicing indoors.
Speaker 4: That's when Tyron Smith became the left tackle for this team after not taking any snaps at left tackle the off season the year.
Speaker 6: Right, so Tyran was obviously he's playing again, but you'd have to ask him what kind of limitations was he left with after?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did it affect him after? You know, coming back.
Speaker 5: Because his twenty twenty three season wasn't Tyron Smith and it if you watch it.
Speaker 6: It's been affecting him. Sings like you could argue that watching him affect ever since. Right, Yeah, so now he doesn't have to throw a pass. Yeah, that knee has nothing to do with his accuracy, you know, knowing what the guy is, or maybe it would limit him though I'm sure it probably has in some of the moves that he would make to make him a better tackle.
Speaker 5: So in case anybody's wondering, Cooper Rush is the starting quarterback for the Cowboys Monday night against Houston. Trey Lance will be the backup and their signing will clear to the practice squad. Who was with I think Philadelphia and they had just released him, So they bring in somebody familiar with what goes on around here, familiar with the offense. I think he was with Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Yes he was.
Speaker 5: He was obviously brought him in knowing that he knew his offense. So he he'll be here as the third guy.
Speaker 2: Who was the third guy the other night?
Speaker 5: Nobody?
Speaker 2: Nobody did we see for some reason.
Speaker 5: They had two quarterbacks for the Cowboys of Philadelphia Cowboys. Yeah, they just had to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had to bring in a third guy and Aood Pickets name that was on the other He was.
Speaker 2: A backup for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Anny Pickets a backup for them.
Speaker 5: So they're going to still do what they did in that game. They're going to prepare a package for Trey Lance.
Speaker 4: To Let's let's talk about that a little bit, because there's some people that said who who say there are three and six in the towel and so go with Trey Lance. And especially because Cooper Rush did not have the same kind of performance he had two years ago when he filled in for dak Uh and so that led to the talk out there that will just make Trey Lance the starter and.
Speaker 2: Cooper hadn't be Philly.
Speaker 4: I've got my own opinion on.
Speaker 2: Right that he hadn't be Philly yet because when was Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, But I have my own thoughts on this, But I'll throw it out to you. Aside from well, just why, what would you tell those who think that they should make Trey Lance the starter right now?
Speaker 5: Because I think they should go up to Zach Martin, go up to DeMarcus Lawrence, go up to the veterans on this team and say, we don't care about the rest of the season, We're going to do this to see if he's our quarterback of the future.
Speaker 4: I'll throw something else out there. The fact that this team plays three games in eleven days is not the situation you want to throw Trey Lance into. With a Monday night game against Houston, then a short week Washington, and then the shortest of weeks the Giants. You got three games in eleven days. You need the most experienced guy out there for that, and who knows, and as you alluded to, there can be packages for Trey Lance to get into these games.
Speaker 5: But that's that's a.
Speaker 4: Lot to throw at a guy, and the whole talk of Okay, the season's lost whatever. Well, actually, if you do the math on it, no, but seriously, No, you got three games in eleven days, and those guys in that locker room they're trying to salvage. And whether it's the players, whether it's the coaches. Yeah, I know, but I'm speaking to the fan. There's still even if they go zero to three in the stretch, there's still plenty of time to find out about Trey Lance because you got five games left after that, and you are now preparing him with a full week of preparation for each of those five games. I'm just saying, worst case scenario, you lose the three, you're three and nine, then it's Trey Lance the rest of the way.
Speaker 5: You would actually have ten days to get them ready for the first.
Speaker 6: I would certainly use this time to work him in. I would, and if it the better he does, the more he gets the next time the next.
Speaker 2: Game, and I'll be a little bit more what they did with this play. Yeah. No, I'm just saying, I mean, they brought him in those.
Speaker 6: Two, but you want to if it's not effective, and it was unn but I wanted to be. I want to look forward to making those plays successful and then see if we can go from there. Maybe next quarter, next half, next game, next two games.
Speaker 2: Give him more and more time.
Speaker 5: And then if he plays well, and that's.
Speaker 2: What I mean, if he plays well, I'm going to give him more and then what I just want to see what he can do.
Speaker 6: I still want if I bring him here, I want to see what he can do and let him show it. I wouldn't know about that, but I still would want him to show some.
Speaker 5: Type of why. Well, all, that's what I'm asking, of course, to show problem. But everybody else is going to see it too.
Speaker 2: That's fine. I don't care. Well, I mean, yeah, yeah, I don't care what they say.
Speaker 4: Well, if that's the case, there's also hey, along those lines, there's also the draft, right and so and so you're making you Basically, here's the deal with Trey Lance. Right now, he's the same age as most of those guys that were first round picks this year are. He's just been in he's in the fourth year in the league and being yet he is the same age. He's twenty four years old, just like several of those other guys probably, and he has less experience. He has less experience on the field. I think he is younger than BONICKX. He has less experience than any of those guys, I mean from going back to college a little bit with the forty nine ers, and so you treat him like he is your first round draft pick this year and you but you just have one year to see.
Speaker 2: I want to see him do well.
Speaker 6: I'm going to put him in a position to do well so that we can see what we have. If he does well, I'm going to let him. I'm going to reward him with more playing time the better he does. I certainly don't want to keep hiding. I don't want to keep him over on the bench, especially in this situation when basically the season's over. When I say the season's over, that doesn't mean you stop playing. That means you start assessing other guys that you have who deserve to play that.
Speaker 2: Are not starters. And I would put him in that same category.
Speaker 5: So there was I'm trying to quit taking notes. It was over. It was the fourth quarter. He threw a slant pass and he zinged it, and I was going, Okay, that's what keeps you right.
Speaker 2: It's like that golf game. Shot that clubs today.
Speaker 5: Right, and so, uh, you know, and and the interception, Tobur's not even looking. I don't know where he was going. But yeah, I think you have put a package in. And that's what Mike said yesterday. He pointed out that the reason they took him out after the two plays was they were in third and long and they hadn't really given him something on that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, games like this, you can break a young man like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not.
Speaker 6: What you put him in over his Yeah, man, you don't want him trying to remember now drive.
Speaker 5: Those were his first snaps since Week two of twenty twenty two, first NFL real games.
Speaker 2: Still, I mean preseason, right game.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I understood putting in there. And it wasn't like they thought he was going to save the day. It was okay, let's let him get some work, no doubt.
Speaker 2: But you go back to that, he deserves that.
Speaker 5: You know what Jerry pointed out in this I'm sure got overlooked by everybody. He said, when Rush fumbled that shotgun snap and he dove that he that he injured he hurt his neck.
Speaker 4: Yeah that Milton Williams Crowley got.
Speaker 5: Yeah that he he. I don't know if it was a stinger or what, but I don't know if that hurt his ability to you know, move around or look around or whatever. But that just was.
Speaker 2: Just by the way.
Speaker 5: Have have you gone to a high school game? A high school game lately?
Speaker 2: Yeah, about three weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Like every other place, somebody's getting helped off that one. They get helped off the field every other play, somebody's down.
Speaker 2: Well in high school, you're like, okay, cool, but these.
Speaker 6: Are pros, man, What is happening, dude?
Speaker 2: Geez?
Speaker 4: All right, we continue with more mix shots at the moment.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on Yetti dot com.
Speaker 5: Check it out.
Speaker 9: Today YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust Blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Pruscott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the day?
Speaker 8: To visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages for the pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Briskey and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Cook, America's team playing America's Greatest sports. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 5: To VIC Shuts.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 6: Amanda Foster has been named You Are twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing.
Speaker 2: Up the game.
Speaker 6: Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at nfl dot COM's Last Fan of the Year.
Speaker 4: So, Mickey, you gave up on the game the other day? Are you quit taking notes in the quarter?
Speaker 5: Didn't do by play by play any longer?
Speaker 4: Are you going to give up now for the next three days?
Speaker 5: I have things to do afterwards, and I started writing.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're back, You're back on the bandwagon.
Speaker 5: It was thirty four to six.
Speaker 4: Well, they're three and six right now? Are you gonna get fun? Are you gonna pre like I only would for this in Houston?
Speaker 5: I don't throw in the tall damn right. I wrote about it on Friday, and that ain't me.
Speaker 2: That's I'm talking.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty stubborn. If I was the Pittsburgh Penguins last night, I'd have still been playing hard.
Speaker 4: You hear what happened last night in the hockey game the Stars first period of their game at Pittsburgh, they scored six goals.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 4: They scored as much in one in one period as the Cowboys did on Wow. And then they tacked on it. Then they tacked on the extra point and won the game.
Speaker 5: I'll guarantee everybody had that story written.
Speaker 4: I was the first to tweet it.
Speaker 5: Which is funny because I was doing something and then I said, Oh, I'll go upstairs and watch the football game and turn on the Stars game. Watch both. I get up there six to one, No thing to watch this.
Speaker 4: So you came up on that game too, Yeah, you got to go they So how about coming back? So the Dolphins are three and six right and the Cowboys are three and six, But there's hope for the Dolphins coming out of the game last night that they're going to be able to salvage something.
Speaker 2: How's that.
Speaker 5: Maybe because they have their starting quarterback.
Speaker 4: Out there.
Speaker 5: They need, They need Doron Bland back on the field. I just don't know if he can practice two days and go play. I think from a little bit that this Jonathan Mingo can help. Do you see the size of this guy. I finally saw him out there working out. Man, He's huge and he's got long arms. Yeah, we'll get him out there. The only reason he didn't play in the first game was he practiced one day. Basically by time he got here. He missed the practice the first day and they didn't want to overdo it the second day because he was doing his physical I think it took a couple of days for some reason.
Speaker 6: But you know, it's tough being in that position that you're talking about, that wide receiver, even Bland, trying to get them out there. Anytime that I was in position to better myself on a team, that team was a hell of a team that I was trying to vye for a position on a winning team. Being on this in this situation, I've never been in that situation to where I'm Mingo and I'm like, I'm going to come in and and and show them that I'm I'm better than Toba or I'm better than Books or whoever.
Speaker 2: And I've never been in that position.
Speaker 6: Usually when I've been in that position, that team was already good before I got there. To be in the position to where I'm just going to be excited to get an opportunity to.
Speaker 2: Show what I can do.
Speaker 5: You weren't the savior, thank god I was not the savior.
Speaker 6: But you have to be excited as Ringo or you know, even blaying, you know, be ready and excited to come back and show what you can do, because at this point that's all you have. You know, this team's not going anywhere this year. You can either fight and be excited about the opportunities on this team or having other teams see you and see what you're doing for this team.
Speaker 4: Well, I will say this about Mingo. This is an important week of practice for him because you have the three games in eleven Nays okay, they He needs to show what he can do this week because I've thought all along after the trade last week that this is more about the next two years than it is the last half of this season. But the opportunity is therefore, the opportunity man, the opportunity is there, and if he can show something an out of practice field and starting tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, and then because you're basically putting in a game plan at this rate with backup quarterbacks, you're putting in game plan that are going to carry forward to the next week, in the next in the next week too, and you want to be a part of it.
Speaker 5: You do with the other wide receivers. It's it's hard enough to get on the same page with Cooper Rush because you know, Dak was taking all the snakes. No doubt he might get five a week four maybe with the first team. The rest of it, he's running the scout team.
Speaker 6: If I'm mingo, uh, I hope he has assessed had enough time to assess his competition, because those wide receivers of his competition. When I picked to come to the Cowboys, you know you had, I said pick.
Speaker 2: You know I was.
Speaker 6: Undrafted, but I had there were three teams after me, not just one. So when you look at those three teams, you say, okay, well how do I how do I match up? You know, how can I fit in with Buffalo? Nope, don't fit in there, don't want to go there. How can I fit in with the Saints? No, they weren't winning at the time. I can fit in with the Cowboys, not just at their winning, not just on from there is because we had dB problems at the time. We couldn't find the defensive back to save our lives. So Michael Downs must have been thinking the same thing. He went there knowing that that was his best opportunity to forget how good the team is. It was his best opportunity working with against that group of dbs. He knew he had a chance when I saw those zbs in the playoffs giving up to other Falcons. If I'm not mistaken, I'm better than Aaron Mitchell, I'm better than Steve Wilson.
Speaker 2: I can make that team the Giants. I chose the.
Speaker 6: Giants because you got LT you have a great front seven, but you're not getting turnovers. I saw the playoffs the year before, flipp and Anderson's beating Mark.
Speaker 2: Collins for a walkoff home, a walkoff touchdown right that knocked him out of the playoffs.
Speaker 6: I can make that team because I'm better than most of those defensive backs they have, so Ringo Wingo, Mingo Mingo.
Speaker 5: There was a Ringo Ringo place.
Speaker 4: Ringo plays for the Eagles, Ringo place for the Texas.
Speaker 2: Long Lord, Mingo, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: You play for the Beatles.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Ringo strep not the Eagles.
Speaker 2: I finished my point of out of the breath here. But no, ring.
Speaker 6: He has to see this if i'm him, I'm looking at this, this core of receivers. Nobody's looking back when the ball's thrown. You know, complaints, nobody's getting open. I'm gonna say, I'm gonna remedy that I can do better than that. He should be excited about this opportunity to show that he's better than what you got out there.
Speaker 5: And one guy's jumping from the ball when he doesn't need to.
Speaker 2: Jump, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 6: Those things he should be observing right now and saying, Okay, I saw them make these mistakes.
Speaker 2: I'm not making those same mistakes.
Speaker 5: You know, one thing I saw in the game, and I think it's going to be become something. When Turpin returns that kickoff eight yards deep. That's the plan because they think that it's the offense that good that's going to help our We got to gamble on that. Now, if we lose, if we lose five yards or ten yards, so be it. But he's got the opportunity to be at midfield and you saw it in the game. He's got unbelievable vision.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And he doesn't rush it. It's like he kind of assesses and then he boom, he goes. And so that's part of their offense. Now, you can say what you want as a wide receiver, but that's invaluable. The problem is you don't want to be returning kickoffs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's definitely the field position that he can start us out very well.
Speaker 4: Do you want him having more than eight snaps on offense?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I want to see his.
Speaker 4: Speech is what he gotast.
Speaker 2: And like you said, we don't want to having too many kickoff returns.
Speaker 5: Right, we want to point kickoff returns me half of it.
Speaker 4: He's getting more kickoff returns if he's only if he's only getting eight offensive snaps, he's getting more kickoff rerds that he is.
Speaker 5: Well, they scored. They scored six times right for touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Plus one more kickoff and then opening.
Speaker 5: Kickoff either the opening of the half or the game.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so you can plan on seven kickoffs a.
Speaker 5: Game and nobody's gonna pun him the ball.
Speaker 6: If I if I'm if I'm coach McCarthy. All I have left right now for this season is my reputation, and my reputation needs to be that this team is going to make fewer mistakes than anybody else. They're going to have as much discipline as they can have. I don't care how young you are, I don't care who you are. We're not making mistakes. We're not going to beat us. Sales start that night.
Speaker 4: That means fake punch too.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, that means making the right calls to put your team in the best position to win.
Speaker 2: Regardless of who's playing and.
Speaker 6: Who you are playing. You still gotta go out there and play, man. You can't just go out there like, oh, here we go, We're just gonna be frustrated for another six seven weeks.
Speaker 2: No, man, we gotta go out here and say.
Speaker 4: Wow, think you of trying to do that in this game against the Egos. That's why it was so conservative, And that's fine.
Speaker 2: We just gotta do that. You gotta you gotta, we gotta do that.
Speaker 4: You got to catch the snap from center.
Speaker 6: You gotta gotta make sure the second half you come out strong third quarter.
Speaker 4: That that's probably it's frustrated. One of the most frustrating things were Probably the most frustrating thing from for McCarthy is that he puts in this conservative game plan. Yeah, and still comping up the football.
Speaker 5: You know, so they're they're minus ten.
Speaker 4: Right now, and the whole reason for the conservative game plan was to not off up the football and give him a seventeen yard field to work with.
Speaker 5: They're minus ten. Only team two teams are worse in turnover differential. Tennessee's minus eleven and Vegas is minus fourteen.
Speaker 4: How are they doing this year?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think they're what the commander is.
Speaker 4: Doing two or three wins?
Speaker 2: What I mean they regards to turn though with the command?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got the whole list there, Yeah, I do you know? They had Actually going into last week's game, the Cowboys had more interceptions on defense than dan Quynn's team did.
Speaker 2: And see I was assuming that he would he took that with.
Speaker 5: Him plus their plus six.
Speaker 4: That's because their quarterbacks taking care of the football.
Speaker 5: They've only had five lost fumbles and how many picks six six interceptions. No, no, he's thrown six takeaways. He's thrown six interceptions, Daniels, Well, it says giveaways six Wait wait, wait, what do you which are you looking for? Takeaways or giveaways?
Speaker 4: Washington was where are they?
Speaker 2: I want to take out?
Speaker 4: So they've thrown four interceptions and with six fumbles, so they've ten No, that's takeaways giveaways. They've only he's only thrown two interceptions and they and and two fumbles, so they've only given up the football four times all season, Washington, and they've gotten ten and they're so they're plus six on their ratio and the Cowboy but that's the that's and you know, Dak through eight interceptions. Cowboys going into last week's game have thrown nine now their ten interceptions, and Washington is at two interceptions their offense. So that's a huge difference right there.
Speaker 5: Well, minus.
Speaker 4: His takeaways with Jaydon, Daniels is doing the same thing his rookie season with Washington that Dak Prescott did his rookie season with Dallas, and when he only had four interceptions the entire season. That's right, all right?
Speaker 5: That does it?
Speaker 4: For a Tuesday edition of Mix shots and knows what next. Shout at you again tomorrow, Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.