Speaker 1: Hi, Scott, Hey, what's up? Welcome to another episode of but Chat.
Speaker 2: This is weird.
Speaker 1: I spit. I feel bad.
Speaker 2: This is very weird. How's the audio? Does it sound okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You sound great?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I had several interviews that I had to do at the station for podcasts, and so I'm still here. It is what time is it? Five o'clock on a Wednesday? And I woke up at four forty five am this morning, and here we are.
Speaker 3: We'll say you are dedicated because you stayed to do this.
Speaker 2: You could have just left.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I stayed because I knew that I couldn't go home because we only had a limited time frame, and I said, no, got to catch Scott while he's hot. He stayed true to his word. I have to stay true to my word. I've been asking him. I said, if you can make time from home, I will do it. And you did.
Speaker 2: Good Mill.
Speaker 1: That's what we're here for.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm in the I'm in the middle of folding four baskets of laundry. So I took a little break from that.
Speaker 1: Fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that. Good times, good times, you know, domestic dad. What can I tell you?
Speaker 1: I'm oh shit, talky mushrooms. What recording in progress? Hey guys, I'm so sorry I forgot to press record on the video. But if you're watching it on video now, you just caught up to it, so that's cool. Also, the recording in progress part came in on the audio track, so that's fun too.
Speaker 2: Wait, so do the audio do all that stuff we just recorded?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been recording it on vox bro. And I know what you're saying. You don't know what vox pro is. Millennial.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and people don't know what that is. It's just the recorder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm using the recorder for the audio. And yeah, we're all good.
Speaker 3: By the way, you can see, the only plaque that I've ever received from the radio station is that one that's right behind me with your original iHeartRadio logo from like two thousand and I don't know two or something like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, at least you got a plaque. Do you know how long I've been trying to get a plaque for something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know what it says.
Speaker 3: It says, Presented to Scotty B thank you for helping us make history at the iHeartRadio Music Festival, September twenty third, and twenty four, twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: It was the very first one. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me tell you what was great about the very first iHeartRadio Music Festival.
Speaker 1: Sure, go for it.
Speaker 3: So it was my job this before there was all kinds of you know, travel people and whatnot. Yeah, it was my job to book every single contest winner and staff to go to Vegas. So I was putting people up in hotels and booking flights and I used Expedia for everything.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, do you know how many points?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 3: I got an entire trip to Cancun for my whole family. Wow, of all those points, it was spectacular.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Honestly, I bought in the.
Speaker 3: Day before there was corporate cards and I had to put everything on my credit cards.
Speaker 1: I did recently book a trip for the show, but I was told I could put on my card and then I could get expense for it. And I have to tell you that was magical. And yes, I will be going back to Japan this October thanks to that way.
Speaker 2: Just letting you know technically, technically you're supposed to pay tax and all those points and stuff you received, just saying.
Speaker 1: It, who yeah, please, I don't just say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hmm.
Speaker 3: Interesting anyway, So this is bold Chat. This is the podcast where we just talk about whatever. It's the sister podcast to Serial Killers. That's where we eat cereal and talk about it. We do that on Mondays and this was just whenever we can get one on.
Speaker 1: I am a little confused where I have a question because you said you were just doing laundry, right, Yes, how do you fold a fitted sheet?
Speaker 3: It's it's it's messy, but you fold it like I fold them in. I fold it in in in and then I fold it inwards so the elastic things are inside, and then I like folded in thirds and then I folded in half and that's it.
Speaker 1: See, I'm very confused, and I do it really bad, and I know I'm doing something wrong, Like I know it's on me. I can never do it, and then I just wind up getting really angry. And then I just wind up like folding it, folding it, folding it like on my arms, almost like wrapping it up, and then just shoving it into a drawer. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean there's always wrinkles, but whatever. Hey just want to make sure, like, do you think that there's feedback? Because our speakers are on and we're not using headphones.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. I do this all the time and there is no feedback.
Speaker 3: You're all good, perfect, So there is Uh, there's one or two things that I wanted to discuss on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Sure, go for it.
Speaker 3: So you aware of this thing the high school kids do called assassin huh.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So it's this trend within the last year or two where I don't know how long it's been going on, but all I know there's an app for it now. This organizers the whole thing. So like the entire senior grade, if they want to participate, they have to pay in I think fifteen dollars ahead, okay, And so they have to go around shooting each other with water guns, okay, and the last person standing wins like four thousand dollars. They win the entire pot.
Speaker 1: So it's like crazy but with water guns.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: So they're like chasing each other all over town, and they're like hiding in bushes in people's houses. I've seen stories on the news. It could be dangerous because you know, unsuspecting parents, there's like someone hiding in their bushes with something that looks like a gun and could be a bad ending.
Speaker 1: I have not heard about this. Yes, I did not know the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if you have high school kids seniors, you probably know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Huh. It's all over the country.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So my daughter's just started today and she came tearing ass into the house going, oh my god, they're chasing me and slammed the door.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And there's cars driving up and down the block.
Speaker 1: And are they like once they're inside though.
Speaker 3: Once they're inside, okay, So once they're inside, they're safe. And if they're out of the house, they have to wear water wings. And if they're wearing these inflatable water wings, then they can't be shot. That's their protection. So once so like if you go to the gym or something like that, you have to wear the water wings and you can work out wearing the stupid water wings and look like an idiot, but they can't. They can't shoot you if you're wearing these inflatable things.
Speaker 1: And how do they or not? What how do they know if you're out.
Speaker 3: Because the app, it's all in the app. You have to have video proof of you being shot, and then the app takes you out so I tech.
Speaker 1: If what I'm hearing is correct, Yeah, this game involves water guns. Yes, involves pieces of technology. Yes, involves you running around using said piece of technology while squirting a water gun.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: How has no one died yet?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I mean I saw a news story where like then the neighbors were concerned that this was going on because you know, in some states you got to hold your ground thing or whatever, and uh, people just shoot.
Speaker 1: So you're thinking that, I'm thinking kids running around with their phones while holding a water gun, running into oncoming traffic being like I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 2: No, no traffic. This is the suburbs, bro, Like it's.
Speaker 1: People get hit by cars in the suburbs quite frequently.
Speaker 2: It's not like that. So it's okay.
Speaker 3: So your kid like pulls into the driveway and someone's hiding out, like behind a tree or something because they know you're coming home. They'll a right not go chu chu chu chu chu gotcha. And then you're off the app and that's it.
Speaker 2: You're out.
Speaker 1: If I know anything about how you are getting scared though, you flail and you run around. So if I jumped out of a bush with a water gun, you'd go and then run around and probably into oncoming traffic and not realize it because your brain isn't thinking. I saw you throw a phone today. Yes, yeah, that's why I'm saying you would run into oncoming traffic.
Speaker 3: There's no traffic here. Yes, live in Jersey City. I don't live in the city.
Speaker 1: Traffic I don't live. I don't live near this big city.
Speaker 2: I'm a fumber. My dog walks outside and just strolls across the street. I don't worry about traffic here.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you should. You never know what a car could be coming down. You know what people are thinking. And they're kids that are driving these cars to go square people with water guns. They don't have to brain cells to think. I know when I was driving at that age. You don't think.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I feel like in some instances this game could not end well.
Speaker 1: No, I entirely agree with you on that one, like without a doubt.
Speaker 3: But it's a thing, and it's currently going on nationwide in high school senior really quick assassin assassin high school seniors water gun?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you would say today high school student in critical condition after controversial senior assassin game may who what happened to them after falling off a vehicle he reportedly hopped into while playing the controversial water gun game See Cars. I told you, Isaac jumped into the back of a jeep that began to pull out of a driveway in Arlington on April twentieth and hit the ground, suffering a severe head injury. That's scary, sdee.
Speaker 3: In my thought process, is kid hiding in bushes? Homeowner sees someone in bushes, shoots kid in bushes with real gun.
Speaker 1: A team was arrested. Yeah, geez, who started this? Why is hunter assass in the thing? Like? What is this?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I mean, you know, I mean we did a lot of dumb things in high school. We would have done this. I'm sure we would have done this as adults. We're smarter now. But as a senior in high school seventeen eighteen years old, this is so much fun.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm gonna win money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I guess I told you how we plan I told you how we planned the scavenger hunt.
Speaker 2: I mean that was highly illegal. We had terrible things on this list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was sure we had like we had like urinal cakes and like Taco Bell hot sauce.
Speaker 2: But I mean there was like there was bad stuff on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Someone did get the roadkill though, and we got a bag with a squirrel in it.
Speaker 1: Like I don't even know what I would do if someone handed me a squirrel. I feel like they got ten points, ten points, ten points. Yeah, it was a point scavenger hunt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We had a list and everything was point value and the worst the things were the higher point value. They were like the harder to get, like back in the day. Okay, so in the early nineties, if you remember.
Speaker 1: Man rock and roll, you would to get it.
Speaker 2: How old are you in nineteen ninety three?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Pepsi had an ad campaign with Ray Charles and it you know who he is.
Speaker 1: Yes, the penis, the penis. Yeah, he played the piano and he was a singer.
Speaker 2: He did dance with my pianist. I think he said he was a penis.
Speaker 1: Wait, No, he didn't do dance with my father, did he. There's that Luther Vandros.
Speaker 2: That's Luther Vandros.
Speaker 3: So Ray Charles, Uh, he was in an ad campaign for Pepsi and it was you got.
Speaker 2: The right one, babe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so Taco Bell had these things on the door and every time you opened the door, it was a pepsi can and it would sing that. So one of our things was that and like so someone went to Taco Bell, ripped it off the door and ran out, and like, that's that's theft. Like we had, we had some we had like bad stuff on there. We had a license plate from the police car in town and.
Speaker 1: I said that that's theft. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: It's terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were hiding out and we were high, not in a warehouse with a police scanner and our beepers.
Speaker 2: You know, it was terrible. I can't good.
Speaker 1: Times, good times. You wouldn't get it.
Speaker 3: A bunch of kids got arrested trying to take the f off the photo mat booth in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: Photo you would not know what time with that slack.
Speaker 2: What's photo mat?
Speaker 1: Photo mat? You would have get it? Parking line, There's no such things. You don't know what that is exactly? Well, I know how to do.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'll give you twenty bucks if you tell me what a photo mat is.
Speaker 1: It was the place in the parking lot that you could drop your photos off to to get developed.
Speaker 2: Okay, what color was it?
Speaker 1: Blue? And yellow?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I owe you twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so they were standing on top of the car ripping the f off the sign and they got arrested, so we high tailed it out of there.
Speaker 1: Wow, high tail. We never got in trouble ever.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: Okay except for.
Speaker 2: The locker, you know, but that's another story.
Speaker 1: Go on, ready, I'm gonna watch this. Watch it. I can do one two three? Oh no, I didn't do it right? Oops?
Speaker 2: Is a break? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, I don't want to know. How do I play this over the thing? I hope that wasn't playing commercial break music over your story because that would actually be hysterical.
Speaker 2: Oh so funny, it would be.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see does this work?
Speaker 2: Can we just say we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: No, I can do this. I can do this, Andrew, you are a strong confident person. No, it's not coming in through there. Hold on, oh there it is, hold on, hold on wait, I think I did it one two three, Bro.
Speaker 2: No one wants to listen to this.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I went to commercial.
Speaker 2: We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: Damn D D D I thought I played the commercial music o. Wait, sorry, it's commercial ed.
Speaker 2: We're bad, We're back. Why do you?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Can we get a logo on that screen as one of the flipper things?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: Let's do that great because right now it says Elvis Duran in the morning show. I know, like I should say bull Chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah I can. I mean, I have to make the logo for it. This way, it goes on the TV. We have a logo, yeah, I have to make it sized for the TV. And I want a mic flag also for here. We can order a mic flag. If you want a mic flag.
Speaker 2: You have them for every other podcast.
Speaker 1: I don't. Actually I get them ordered for me and then I just hold on to them. I haven't ordered a single mic flag.
Speaker 3: Okay, well let me we should have some ordered. And also yours is upside down? Looks dumb? Well, I mean we'll put that on there. They know nothing about life, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something that would never fly my school.
Speaker 2: No, I'm old school.
Speaker 1: Oh, at school, we used to do things right, Street Team everything. That's how I was brought up due, that's how I was drought in this business. Everything right, everything straight, double check it. Wow.
Speaker 3: Know they don't make straight you know, I just said, you know, I wish you could hit me from there, virtual hit. I virtually slapped you. You know what drives me crazy. So I'll go to venture Land with my kid. You know, some radio station will be there, you know, doing an appearance at the park, and they hang up you know, the disposable plastic banners on the fence. Yeah, so they'll use the cable ties zip ties, yea, And they'll put it up and zip it, but they'll leave the big piece hang it off. You're supposed to snip it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks so dumb.
Speaker 1: You'll never get it. You never get a kid.
Speaker 3: Nobody takes pride in their work anymore. That's the problem nowadays.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. You're never gonna make it in this industry if you don't seven dollars. I mean it's seven dollars and twenty five cents an hour.
Speaker 2: But I cared.
Speaker 1: I know it's hysterical.
Speaker 2: What year was that, ninety seven?
Speaker 1: Guess what the minimum wage is? Steal the same, No it isn't. It's double Oh it's fifteen dollars now. But I feel like in some states it's not.
Speaker 2: I think it's mostly fifteen is.
Speaker 1: What's national minimum wage?
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any such thing as national. It's all states.
Speaker 1: Why is the state figuring that out? Well, federal minimum wage in the United States is seven dollars and twenty five cents per hour.
Speaker 3: Shut up, Yeah, well what does that mean though? If you have a federal job.
Speaker 1: Let's see the federal minimum wage.
Speaker 2: Your mic sounds like crap, you're popping.
Speaker 1: I'm popping.
Speaker 2: You cut out a little bit, but it's okay. But yeah, no, this minimum wage goes to state by state.
Speaker 3: And then don't get me started about like the service industry, where they're allowed to pay them like two dollars an hour and everything else's tips. Like my daughter worked at a camp over the summer. I think she made like a dollar and a quarter an hour and had to rely on tips. That's such bs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole tip thing I don't really get. I mean, I was only a server for two days before they realized that I was scamming them.
Speaker 2: What did you do stealing food?
Speaker 1: I said that I was going to, oh.
Speaker 2: You can't do two things at once, millennial talk.
Speaker 1: All right, I was everyone else was a server a cheat Burger Cheatburger, and I was not a server, so I got jealous that everybody else was had like jobs, and all I did was caddy for my dad during the summer, so like I didn't work during the school year. But now everybody else was working, So then when I wanted to have plans, nobody else could have plans because they were all working. So then I was like, I can get a job too, And so then I started working at coup It was the Japanese restaurant that had just opened, and I was like, uh, yeah, I've been a server. I worked at a deli like that was my other experience. I was a deli worker at Campubello's. It was a great job. Loved that job. I love work. Playing with the register it was so much fun. Anyway, fast forward, it's my first time as a server and I had never done it before, even though I said I had. And then I started panicking and I just remember going to the kitchen with the order and being like what am I doing. I don't know how to put the orders into the system. I'm so lost. And then the worst part, I think the part that like probably definitely somebody complained about that got me off of that job. When I was putting the soup down, my finger was in the soup, like for sure, Like I was putting the soup the Miso soups on the table and I'm ninety nine percent sure my finger was in the soup.
Speaker 3: And I was like, eh, sorry, Well, I mean it happens all the time, but you just don't see it normally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the back of the house stuff was going on, don't I don't ask any questions.
Speaker 3: Also, by the way, I totally picture your dad is like Rodney Dangerfield and Caddyshack.
Speaker 2: I know you have no idea what that means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, sorry. I was a good caddy though I was good. I was the youngest caddie, Like I started in my freshman year of high school college. Yeah, high school. So I was like fourteen with like his giant golf bag on my shoulders, being like running through the golf course every weekend, and I always wanted it to rain. My dad would golf rainer shine, And I was his caddy when he had first first started golf. So this is like he sucked so bad at golf and I'm all fourteen years of me running around looking for a ball, like what the hell am I doing? Like I ac shouldn't be here. The other guys who Caddy are all former teachers, who's like a college kid, and then there's me being like, yeah, he hit the ball. I don't know where it went. I don't know what to do. I think they all hated me, But I got better over the years. I will say.
Speaker 3: You know, Caddy Shock is the first movie that I ever saw boobs in that mine was Airplane. Oh yeah, Oh, that's why she ran up and down the aisle.
Speaker 1: Yeah ah, no, she just runs across the.
Speaker 2: Screen right in the airplane though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she just runs across the screen. She's not running up and down the aisle naked.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw I That's what I was.
Speaker 1: Just that seared into the sprain the same way. I'm sure the Caddy Shack scene is for you.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: And it was a camp too, I was. It was nineteen eighty six and I was eleven years old. I mean, of course I had seen them in you know, magazines before, because my dad used to hide them in the bathroom and I would climb up when they weren't home, and I would go way in the back and grab the playboys that he had in there. But that was the first time I ever saw them moving like on screen.
Speaker 2: I was eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's funny. Yeah, I remember Airplane and just I was it on dvd. I had to have been on dvd, Oh my gosh. And I just remember we were all watching and I was like what eight or nine at the time and just being like, wow, that's something.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody remembers their first pair. I guess you know. Oh, I just said it again. How do I need? That's a crutch? I don't like.
Speaker 3: I gotta I gotta stop. How do I stop saying that? I don't know it just it just came out of nowhere, like bite.
Speaker 1: Your tongue or something. Every time you say it. I guess I really there's another that I have to drive home, like, or not drive home. I hate that I have to take a train home.
Speaker 2: But you want to take a train home at this time?
Speaker 1: I know. It's just like I don't wanna by er just sneezed, oh so soy.
Speaker 2: I would give him a cookie, but I don't know where the Oh no, I'm sorry, I said the wrong word.
Speaker 1: The way he popped up is so cute.
Speaker 2: Did you see it. Yeah, there, here's oh here they are.
Speaker 1: You literally shut up and was like, hey, did you say the magic word?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, they have those keywords, you know. Here you go, good boy.
Speaker 3: So another uh viral trend that I saw that is kind of shocking to me, although we probably would have done it too. It's the kool Aid Challenge. Have you heard about that?
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the kool Aid Challenge is a bunch of idiot kids.
Speaker 3: They like run through people's fences and they go, oh yeah, and they just run through and they break people's like you know the PVC white vinyl fencing. Yeah, yeah, so they just they all run through it. Look that up. Look look up kool Ai challenge. And there's a bunch of news stories because these kids are destroying people's fences.
Speaker 1: Are those things easy to break? I feel like they're not.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just panel. Yeah, they're just they're individual panels that are within the posts, and yeah that's why, like when it's windy and stuff, they'll just break out.
Speaker 1: I just saw her not seeing any kids in trouble. I just saw not any kids in trouble. Kids are in trouble, but I'm not seeing any you know, injuries.
Speaker 2: No, not injuries, but they're damaging people's property.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'd be pissed.
Speaker 3: Like seven kids ran through one guy's fences, the whole thing out.
Speaker 1: That's insane. Why are kids so stupid?
Speaker 2: Now, I mean we were also stupid, but nobody recorded it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, why would you film yourself doing an illegal act?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I have some illegal acts on video, but I mean it's on a VHS tape that no one could ever possibly see because it's it's about to not work anymore.
Speaker 1: Trust me. And if your viral things that you're saying the bad things are throwing watermelons that it's perfectly legal on a highway, an empty highway.
Speaker 2: It's not really.
Speaker 1: Throwing a watermelon out of your car when no other cars are around and driving like seventy five miles per hour is stupid more than it is.
Speaker 2: It's both speeding and littering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but okay, no, it's at least a watermelon.
Speaker 2: Like, it doesn't matter. It's discussion come up before. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: If it's biodegradable, it's still you can't throw stuff out your window.
Speaker 1: For sure, but it's not like the way that it was pitched originally was like and we do it at the window, but it didn't get thrown out the window into another car. You waited until nobody else was around to do it, and.
Speaker 2: Then we went back and ran it over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did really stupid things in the woods behind our house. We used to light axe cans on fire in the woods.
Speaker 2: Are we fires?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: We totally live? We are, so we totally lit fires too.
Speaker 1: It's so dumb, like in hindsight, like so dumb, like so stupid, so potentially dangerous. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.
Speaker 3: We would put balloons like full of shaving cream and goo and shampoo like in the road and cars would run it over and it would splat everywhere.
Speaker 2: That so fun. Stuff like that shampoo, Yeah, you don't get it mark Man Flex shampoo, remember that fla ninety nine cents a bottle.
Speaker 1: Prel Yeah, nobody understands. That was the real time to be edgy. You thought the sixties and seventies were bad, No, it was the nineties man grenge Mania.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, I went to the flea market in the Poconos, the Pocono bizarre, and you could buy fireworks and stuff there. So I would buy pineapples and M eighties and stuff like that and bring it home and we'd you know, blow up like sauce jars and things in the fields.
Speaker 1: So cute, man, M eighties everything you wish.
Speaker 3: I have pictures of that. That that is not video, but I have pictures. I'm so sure there was this little sham like in the fields way back. The police used to keep their files in there, but then they abandoned it and just locked it up. So we would go, you know, break jars of mayo on the door and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So much fun, so cool. That's awesome, man, you were really radical, really living it out. Wow, I look up to you. Man, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna find a picture and we need to post it somewhere for sure.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 3: It's me and my like bleached jean shorts with a police scanner hanging off the back of me throwing a bottle of ketchup on a door.
Speaker 2: So much fun. Whoa, Yeah, we were a hardcore.
Speaker 1: Well I would thank god they didn't film that. Man, that's like at least fifteen years to life for that crime. So cool. Mean, while you have kids nowadays literally running through fences and wrecking property, Like, yeah, it was way crazy back in my days. Well, that's a bottle.
Speaker 2: We used quarter sticks of dynamite and blew things up.
Speaker 1: Quarter sticks of dynamite. Yeah, where did you even get dynamite? How would is one procure dynamite?
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's called a quarterstick.
Speaker 3: Was like an M A D or an or pine or I don't know if it was a pineapple or some other number. But we got them under the table at the flea market. Who you got your jumping Jackson bottle rockets, but then under the table you got the good stuff. I always got nervous transporting into the car.
Speaker 2: You know. I was in the back of my parents were in the front. Was like got an eighties.
Speaker 3: And they didn't know what if what if it explodes in the car because you know, my dad had gas cans in the trunks.
Speaker 2: I was always nervous.
Speaker 1: How about it have lit?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I was always scared to be always, I was always nervous and scared of things.
Speaker 1: That was like gas cans or when you if you left your gas thing open. Yes, I turned my car off the I drove my sister's car up to Connecticut to for a concert and I shut the car off to get gas and the person who I was in the car with was like, you shut your car off to get gas. I'm like, hey, yeah, yeah, I need to. They're like, law, you really don't, because that's like when the cars used to put the thing in and it could have sparked. They stopped that. Now like, that's not a thing.
Speaker 2: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: They said, no, it's stupid. That's why it's still a law. And I followed rules.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that. We just that's a pivot. That is a hard pivot. You just went from no we used to do I legal man under the table fire crackers, to.
Speaker 3: Now be like as an adult, as an adult, as an adult, I follow rules.
Speaker 1: Gas or turn car off at gas.
Speaker 2: Station law yes, very dangerous, no smoking, and shut motor.
Speaker 1: There is no specific law that forbids turning off your car at a gas station. It's highly recommended and generally considered safe to do.
Speaker 2: So I'll take a picture of the sign.
Speaker 3: I guess maybe every state is different, because here it's an ordinance and it even has the ordinance number on it. I'll take a picture can self serve Island. You guys in Jersey, maybe it's different with.
Speaker 1: There's no specific law in New York requiring you to turn off your car when pumping gas.
Speaker 2: I'll take a picture.
Speaker 1: Both stations have a sign advising you to do so for safety reasons. Yeah, it's generally considered best practice, but there is no specific law.
Speaker 2: Explosions, bro explosions.
Speaker 1: Static electricity, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be careful with that gas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I trust me. I'm not trying to test it. I don't want to have a Zoomlander incident.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means. I didn't see it.
Speaker 1: You never saw Zoolander? No, listen, I can't really talk. I have only ever watched it a handful of times.
Speaker 3: Was Zoolander the movie that came out like the week of September eleventh in two thousand and one, Yes, it was all kinds of promotion for it, and then just nothing happened because no one yes went to see it.
Speaker 1: It was that it was that week.
Speaker 2: It was. I remember all the taxi ads and stuff.
Speaker 1: I remember we bought the DVD of it afterwards, and that's when we watched it because nobody saw it in theaters. At the time for obvious reasons.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so all right, well, hey man, we got a good half hour in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel we ended on a morbid note.
Speaker 2: But here we are. You are you going home now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And it should take peloton. You used to get on the peloton, do a cycle class and then have dinner.
Speaker 2: We should have recorded this from you on the peloton.
Speaker 1: No, nobody should see that. I'm convinced somebody is, Like I put my peloton right in the window, So I'm convinced that somebody is gonna like upload video of me on that thing, and when that happens, I will not be seen for years, like You're gonna be like Andrew used to work here. No, Andrew was gone, he's gone missing, he lives in Timbucks Because then that video comes out of me on the bike, like yeah, no, absolutely not. I will.
Speaker 2: Well what what what's what's across the way from you?
Speaker 1: Like, what do you an apartment? Oh so if somebody and they see me like up on my feet doing like the the little aerobics on the bike, I'm gonna feel so stupid.
Speaker 2: I would totally record that.
Speaker 1: I know it's prime filmable and if anybody, if if you aren't in Jersey City on a specific street and you look up and you see someone on a Peloton bike, do not film them because it's me and I am enjoying myself on this bike. I do not need to be shamed off of this bike.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Andrew, I see the results are positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, down six pounds, baby, good for you, Thank you love the Peloton.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, thank you so much for listening to bul Chaz. This is one.
Speaker 1: Other thing I would just like to quickly mention about that. What I was so excited because the Peloton membership was included in on my insurance. What it was a benefit that iHeart gave us where it's usually forty four bucks a month and you could get it for twenty bucks a month. And here I was paying twenty bucks a month and was like, this is amazing. Do you know they just went They were like, yeah, that benefits ended, So now I have to pay forty four bucks a month for this damn thing.
Speaker 2: Wait where are all these benefits? How come I don't know about them?
Speaker 1: You have to go on your on the HR for you check all this stuff. You know, we get discount tickets at Disney, you know, we get like what hotels everything? Yeah? What, I'm just telling you you really should look into your insurance benefits. I did, and there's a lot of things.
Speaker 3: That I got for free, but I don't have I don't know. It's technical, like I'm not am I. I guess I'm an employee, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, Scott, you are an employee thirty years next month?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: Wow sick bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, at least I get a plaque. You got a black plack.
Speaker 1: I don't. I haven't gotten a platform anything, plaque, nothing, the heart I didn't get on for I didn't get submit me, I get nowhere.
Speaker 2: I didn't get one for twenty five I got nothing. I see Abby just got one for a year.
Speaker 1: No, he won that. They gave her like the best new Hire award.
Speaker 2: Oh she won a plaque.
Speaker 1: Yes, and let me tell you something. I nominated several people for the other one. O.
Speaker 2: Wait, I got this one?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: The Standing Ovation Award in twenty twenty?
Speaker 1: Cool? So excited? You got something else?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, this was because because of COVID we were all the three of us.
Speaker 1: Weach got one. Nice yeah, and Nate smashed his. I haven't gotten a single thing ever from this company. Ever, the only, the only other big thing. I got my at five point thirty on a damn Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not asking you to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, listen the amount of things that I do extra for people, you'd think one of them would be like, oh, yeah, he deserves something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I see these things. These have meaning to me. I like these things.
Speaker 1: It would mean a lot to me too, So I wish I would get one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have one. That's it. I got twenty eleven and twenty twenty. That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, I think I have an old Zootopia one down in the basement. But I please.
Speaker 3: Anyway, thank you for listening to bowl Chat. Check out serial Killers on Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully you enjoyed this. It was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Please follow us at serial Killers PC on Instagram. You could look at all the cereals we've done serial killerspc dot com and maybe something cool happening with that. You and I have to make a phone call this week. I think, oh, can you respond to that email? I can, but I don't know what time is good for you and or me. So you tell me what time is good for you and I'll respond.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about that tomorrow. Okay, all right, buddy.
Speaker 1: Well it was really great seeing you all. I don't have anything to do the clin.
Speaker 3: I don't have a spoon in here. But until we see you next time, say clink, Andrew, clink clink.
Speaker 1: That was sad. That was really sad.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to disconnect. What do I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, bye bye,