Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Convino Rich at foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR. Oh, that's us oh AI's favorite radio show, Spooky Season. You know, y'awn, you know what ghost doing until then October when you're young? What happens?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you off here? Oh okay. C n R on FSR broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. And remember, the iHeartRadio app is available, so make sure you download it and catch all the Fox Sports Radio shows that you love twenty four to seven on the new and improved iHeartRadio app. Search Fox Sports Radio. Preset it number one, search Covino and Rich, tell your friends about it, and stick around because this hour is going to be action packed. Pee wee? Is it safe to say? Set it and don't forget it the opposite of a bronco Bronco. I got two quick things before you get to AFC North Football, and some thoughts as we get into Week five of the NFL have a Halloween question, and I have a baseball question. Halloween. First, what do you think the top four selling candies are that people give away to kids? What do you think the top four selling Halloween candies are? I read recently that the top selling product at Walmart is bananas. You believe that? Did you read that? Did you see that? I? No, I didn't see that, but I know bananas like the top seller in all pro from the client tele I'm sure it's not. I thought it was large bridgeton Mountain dew. It's not Mountain doing lardenough.
Speaker 3: Every year we see that Eminem's is the top of these lists.
Speaker 1: Old school regular Eminem's number three, number three on the top four. Sour Patch kids, they are not they're the top. They're the top selling non chocolate. Wait wait, you didn't say non chocolate versus chocolate. But they are not in the top four. But I'm me no, top three else it should be one hundred grand because it's one of my favorites that appear every Halloween. But it's definitely Reese's Peanut butter cup that is your number one yeah selling candle.
Speaker 4: It's all it's all chocolate. So number one is Recius peanut Porter. Some people say in other parts of the country Receas.
Speaker 1: I was just to say, if you say you deserve a kick in, they give me you get deserve a kick in the dards if you say reces pieces, like, what's a pieces? That's what I just said. So two more in the top four, you're essentially your final four. Number one Esus peanut butter cups. Number three regular Eminems. It's gotta be like either Milky Way or Snickers. No, they're not in the top Uh, kinder Bueno. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: What I never had k is like a like a TwixT or TwixT bar or a kid cap?
Speaker 1: Can I like a little kinder eggs? You prime? My kids love those little kids, the little toy. What do you say next, tobble roan. Let's see, all right, so we got reeses. What else?
Speaker 4: Eminem's, eminem straight, Minnie Hershey's chocolate bar.
Speaker 1: Do eminem peanuts up? Peters? Eminem's are number two? Okay, you got Eminem's are number two, So you're missing number four.
Speaker 5: My kids are always looking for the sour Patch packages every Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was, Sam just said that sour wintermelons count.
Speaker 3: I was answered in the studiocome.
Speaker 1: Oh does it go back to analytics nerds? No chocolate, not to waste time, you said it sort of Sam Kitkats, Yeah, they're the best kit Cats. It's always weird how certain ones make cameos during Halloween time, like Mister Goodbar and Crackle.
Speaker 5: And also certain candies are better when they're the mini size, right, you don't want the whole kit cat bar being said.
Speaker 1: Don't be a big slob starting now, because you're going to see all this on on Tammy from accounting's desks. She's gonna have a whole ball there and you're gonna want to eat him every day. Oh nono beatus, non chocolate. What are your favorite salar patch kids? And maybe like starbursts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like Jolly Ranchers.
Speaker 1: You know that, you know the starburs for Halloween coming Like it's like two in a little sleeve. If you get a pink and a red, that's like hitting. That's like a walk that's like hitting a walk off. If you get two pink reds, so you get two yellows, that's like striking out like the Yankees last night, that's like a two seven off suit. Right now, what if you grab a handful and you get like a banana laffy taffy and a yellow Oh that's like, that's like starting a bed Rosario over Ben Rice. Yeah, it's here's a guarantee, an observation. You're gonna notice this Halloween season, it's always the yellow candy that's left over.
Speaker 4: Guaranteed later this month we'll do our Halloween candy draft. Remember Travis joined us last year.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, I can't wait, can't wait. That being said, enjoy the season, one more season, postseason, and rest in peace. Jane Goodall who passed away. Yeah, I full question because I said, your boy Chappie, who seems to own the Yankees, holds the record for the fastest pitch ever thrown, one hundred and five point eight miles an hour. Now I think of Chapman and I think I remember where he started playing his career. I remember him being a Yankee because Cavino hated and loved him at the same time. Now he owns the Yankees as a Red Sox. So besides the Red Sox and Yankees, can you name the other teams he's played for? Because I thought of a cub I'm missing the Cubs is easy, all right? So you're Cubs when he won the World Series? Are the Cubbies?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: Can you think of who else he played for? When I say, Chapman, who do you think of?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yankees?
Speaker 1: Of course he was there.
Speaker 3: I don't, Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Of the other one that came to mind. Say it the Royals that comes to see you thought of the Royals? I did not. I was thinking of where he played his first like five or six season, the reds so started with the reds then Yankees, was a rental for the Cubs, went back to the Yankees. Ye, Royals. Now he's a Red Sox. But there are two teams in between one. I don't even know you would ever even picture or all this Chapmen wearing these collars?
Speaker 3: Did he play for the Cubs?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: He did? Okay?
Speaker 1: In the world said Danny, are you worry? Are you liking another planet? Wasn't there some controversy?
Speaker 5: Because when you're no, But I just put Gusts from the Berry on hold right now, I was gonna say, like.
Speaker 3: Danny's on a four minute today.
Speaker 4: Wasn't there some controversy when he was pitching for the Cubs that like he had the way he was pitching like could have cost them like the game or like remember I know he had some offield stuff too, but I'm talking about there was like something when he was with the Cubs that they could have blown it.
Speaker 5: I might be missing, I might be misremembering. Well, okay, how about this rich Did anyone say Texas?
Speaker 1: They did not? And that was the one I forgot. I forgot that he won a World Series with the Texas Rangers. He was on that squad. But the one that I couldn't think of, Caveno couldn't think of uh Bree was in the editing room. None of us remember a Raldish Chappie Chapman playing for the Pirates a year ago. Yeah, I don't know who remember that. I can't even picture him in the in the in the yellow and black yellow. So anyway, he chapped in the difference makers so far. But we'll see what happens today. But the way, I don't want to rub it. In this game two starts in like a minute, so you you could have redemption, but when you're the bases loaded, no outs, you had to be positively thinking like all right, come on, base it and we got this with. You thought they were gonnat least, you know, put one or you had to figure something was gonna happen. Nothing happened like bases loaded, no outs in the bottom of the ninth at Home Yankee Stadium, the tradition. Like in my mind, I'm like, wow, what an opportunity for what base It ties it and then if they get a base hit, then it's still like first and second, no outs. The fact that three Yankees, two strikeouts and a pop up, I don't know, man, that was Yeah, it was horrible that it really was. That's why we're talking about it. Believe me, as a Yankees fan, I know that the national audience of Fox Sports Radio doesn't give a terrible Terry Funk about the Yankees. In fact, they're rooting against him. It was such a big deal. Care about the postseason, and yeah, it was a big story. It was a colossal failure last night. It never happened before. They had a tremendous opportunity to at least tie the game last night. Is u Is Aldon the first Yankee to ever rock a beard in the postseason? I would say there's a good chance of that. Yeah, on the mound for sure. Yeah. Yeah. So well, hey Red sox Yankee is about to get underway. We'll see what happens with Bello though, because Jashism has a statement to make tonight. He does well against him, and he'll prove that he should have been in the lineup last night. Hopefully tonight, let's say, had a Gus in the Bay Area. What's up, Gus?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys love this show. Thanks love that you gave a Dewey Finn quote to start your show. That was incredible. I just want to give some flowers to Eroll this Chapman. You talked yesterday about longevity and athletes, and this guy's been throwing triple digits for fifteen straight seasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean when you look at his Baseball reference, it is pretty impressive. Was there were times where you thought, all right, it's coming to an end. He's doing something right, and his the IRA this year is in the ones. So it's like sometimes you think, like, oh, maybe his best days are behind him because he's a veteran now. But he's he's wits out. He is in tremendous shape. The dude is jacked like John Carlos Stanton jacked, Chapman is jacked, and usually guys that lift that heavy and stay that chiseled get hurt a lot. And he's been able to figure out a way where he's still dominant and still a major factor for the team. So yeah, props to him. I just don't like him. If you remember, he left the Yankees hanging in the postseason was a no show with Boone. He had some issues, so I didn't like him with his tenure with the Yankees. But he's had a great career, no, no doubt. Let's how to Paul and Rhode Island.
Speaker 7: Hey gosh, you forgot about me the last three days. But it's okay. It's a time zone.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 7: I love your show. I do love your show. If that baby, my grand kids.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Listen, listen. I'm gonna go with the Yankees again with the World Series, and as a Red Sox fan, we got we got one taken away. That's fine. But I love your your producer, I love your show. But I'm gonna tell you it's the money. It's the money. I'm gonna tell you. Money talks and the rest walks.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a general rule in life. But what are you referencing?
Speaker 3: What what I'm.
Speaker 7: References if if we get lucky with the Yankees again and the World Series, they have to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, if the Yankees find the way to win today, I think the American League is wide open. You just don't want an early exit. You don't want to get beat two games by your division and historic rivals at Yankee Stadium. I believe it was sewn Casey. I heard on Dan Patrick this morning, even from his perspective, he was saying he thinks the Yankees are going to pull away with the series despite what happened yesterday, just the way the matchups go moving forward and what they're capable of. But we'll see. The game has started now and let's go. And now we're gonna talk some NFL and a team time. Keep you posted on Yankees, Red Sox. Now my thoughts on Aaron Rodgers and the AFC North. I think it's funny how so much changes in such a short period of time. Now, before I give you my words a wisdom, I think we could sneak in a little prize here for everyone listening to Fox Sports Radio. It is Wednesday, and we're running late. I don't want to forget Mike's words of wisdom. So here's what we're gonna do. We're not going anywhere. We're gonna play Mike's words of wisdom right now. Then if you could repeat what Mike says word for word, you win that covene on Rich Fox Sports Radio Football and we'll go back to talking about NFL. So you want to just throw on some Mike's words of wisdom, let's do it. We do it every Wednesday. We try to spread some knowledge with our good pound Mike, who runs this place. It's time for the guy that runs this place.
Speaker 3: Just for clarification, guys, Big Mike does not run this place. He is not in charge of everything. He has no power over really anybody here. He does not run this place.
Speaker 1: It's Big Mike's words of wisdom on a Wednesday. Thanks for the clarification, Dan Bayer, all right, Mike's words a wisdom, Let it breathe, and here we go. If at first you don't succeed, perhaps skydiving is not for you, all right, So easy, breezy, beautiful, that's a nice Halloween treat for you if you can repeat that verbatim, you win a CNR on FSR nerve football and they're new and improved. So if you won in the past, they're different this season. So eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox to play eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. We don't even need to replay it because I think that was an easy one and a good one. All right, And while we take the phone calls Aaron Rogers, Now, Aaron Judge, Aaron Rogers? Is he the king of the AFC North, That's what Richi's saying. I mean, it's really interesting when you think about where we started this year, right and again, it just shows that in every sport NFL, Major League Baseball, NBA, NHL, hot dog gating, I mean, hot doog getting is really the only predictable sport because Joey Chestnuts just you know, eastside Sam. You never know the fact that right now the Ravens are one and three and Lamars banged up at least till maybe after that bye week. If they could escape at two and four and then have to go on a pretty sweet run, no one, but is that shit? What do you think the record will be at that point? You think, well, if you look at the Ravens. They got I believe, two games and then the bye. Okay, the two games the Ravens have coming up not easy. Let me let me take a quick old peek at the Ravens schedule coming up the Ravens. The Ravens schedule watching. Yeah, are we schedule watching? Sim The rich loves to look at the schedule. Game schedule watch it?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. They play on Sunday against the Texans. Texans are one and three. The games in Baltimore. If you just pound the ball with Derek Henry and hope to try to sneak away with a win two and three, two and three, then you play the Rams. I don't think you beat the Rams without Lamar Jackson four. Then you got to buy. And then after your bye you come back against the Bears. Who who knows how the Bears are gonna look over the next couple weeks, So you need to only split the next two to even be in the conversation. So when you talk about the AFC North and where we were, I think they could be. Three and four months ago, the Bengals started out hot and everyone said, yeah, this is the year. And then poor Joey Burrow and his turf toe out for at least three months. I call that a port Manzi knows what I'm talking about. Monzi, do you feel bad for Joe Burrows?
Speaker 8: I was so sorry.
Speaker 3: That was so funny.
Speaker 1: That was so freaking funny. Thank you, Hey, nobody Joe Burrow keeps about three months. So the Bengals went from this is it? How many people wrote down Joe Burrow as their MVP pick on the Fox Sports Radio in studio, She we have right, I mean a lot of people said. A lot of people said, everyone's comparing him to Andrew Luck. Sounds like Andrew bad luck Burrow not happened in Bengals. I mean they've got trash since he got, you know, taken out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping for the best, just for the sake of good football in his career. Lamar not from a Revenger the Nerds. No, Lamar Jackson hamstring injury means Cooper Rush is taken over by the way, you know. Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds was also in Cobra Kai in the original Karate Kid in the actual movie, Really Yeah. Lamar from the Revenger of Nerds through the Javelin was also in Cobra Kai. I mean, how cool. He's almost in the All Valley Karate Champion back in eighty four. He's almost as cool as the actor I never know his name who played Francis and Pee's Big Adventure. Who is also the guy that said look, it's Enrico Palazzo, who was also Chubb, who was also Chubbs and teen Wolf. Yeah, that guy, he might be the coolest. Yeah. So anyway, Lamar Jackson out for weeks, Cooper Rush taken over. No one ever ever thought that they would drop all these close games, right. They lost to the Chiefs Lions at a tough early schedule, but lost all those games.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I just got in your ear and said Mark Holton. Who's He's the guy who played He was also John Wayne Gacy in the movie Gasey.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's an actor right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was.
Speaker 1: He was in Pee Wee's Brown and the Browns are trashed. They bench Flacco for Dylan Gabriel. They're still trying to figure it out. Shed Or Sanders is like being all silly and doesn't know what's going on there.
Speaker 3: He went full mime. That was so good.
Speaker 1: So, I mean that division who we thought was like this is the division, all of a sudden it looks like cheeks and there's Aaron Rodgers, as Colin Cowhart likes to point out, very unproductive in the big picture of quarterbacks, like his QB rating and you know where he assesses amongst the NFL quarterbacks not very high. That doesn't matter though, because they're off to a three and one start and now they're sitting on a buy. They come back and they are infirm control of the Seen North. Nice and it just shows you that everyone's like Aaron Rodgers, Oh, come on, they got Burrow and Lamar and you know Cleveland's gonna try to make some noise yo. Yeah, But did they really size up with the better teams or is it just a matter of these other teams win winning? Man? When someone's winning, I don't you know.
Speaker 5: And you can also say the Steelers are just a better ran organization than the Jets.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about where the Steelers go over the next couple of weeks. They're on a bye, then they play the Browns okay four, and then they play the Bengals without Burrow, Then they play the Packers and the Colts. Let's say they split those right, five and two. Yeah, but you're the first guy to point out like a week five and one or a week sick. Remember you were real hard on the Green Bay Packers one year they were thirteen and something. Yeah, but they're not that. I was hard on someone who was a soft way Packers were. They were with someone else. But I'm I'm I do get down on teams that have a like they're a soft team.
Speaker 4: That last year jan Packers went like they did not do well against their own division, but they had a lot of wins.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think there's certain teams whose record don't indicate how good or bad they really are. We really won't know. They might be King of the North, like you said, sounds a Game of the Thrones. They might be King of the North over King Jeoffrey. But how do they signe up against other really good teams? I know, but that's really what I'm wondering. But we talked about, Hey, Aaron Rodgers, you remember we talked about like what's the goal? Oh, maybe if he just makes the playoffs, And I think I think this team is in. I mean, with Burrow out, you might as well just cancel out the Bengals. The Browns are, like I said, Cheeks and the Ravens have such a road ahead of them and a really tough schedule, and without Lamar that changes everything. You're putting the ball and the control of the game in the hands of Cooper Rush no offense. Aaron Rodgers is now the king of the AFC North until you tell me otherwise. And I find it hilarious because no one cares about it. We're paying attention to them, and I think, just secretly, that team's gonna be pretty good. Now, your thoughts on Aaron Rodgers, it's hard to debate that there are tops of the AFC North. Shows you injury, I think they're gonna be That all does to show you that with injuries and some mix ups and things here, that you never know what's gonna happen, right, I mean, your thoughts on that. But we need a winner for Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom?
Speaker 5: Who do we got, Danny g Let's start in Minnesota with j Hey, Jay, Hey, how's it going fellows?
Speaker 2: Jay?
Speaker 1: And we're gonna let the music establish. You give us Mike Mike's Words of Wisdom, and you win a prize. You ready to do this, I'll play the flute. Go ahead, there we go. Go.
Speaker 3: If at first you don't succeed, I yeah, I think it may not be for you.
Speaker 1: No, that's one of the easier ones. You missed it, but ben Rice did.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: Would it have been cool to have him in the lineup last night? Yankees up two to oh in the first inning because Ben Rice, you know the guy that you left out a line up yesterday? I just hit a bomb told you he's the guy. But hey, nice try who do we got next?
Speaker 3: Jason to Maryland?
Speaker 1: Ready to do this? Words of wisdom? Take it away?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if at first you don't succeed, perhaps skydiving is not for.
Speaker 1: You, my man, So a bribery ball. That's all the way of bribing you to tell your friends about our show. And are we have given back in saying thanks in a little trick or treat holiday treat for you a nerve football cn R and FSR and if you want to qualify for one without calling the show, and believe you me, it's always fun to call and participate. This is a fun show. You could just leave a review wherever you actually on Apple Podcast because Danny g checks the Apple podcast reviews and if he emails you, you could win prize. So thank you guys very much, and thank you congratulations. Yeah, buddies, we got more Cavino and Rich next, and Spot has midweek major all the hot stories in the world of sports and entertainment. So I hang tight. That's all coming up Wednesday on Fox Sports Radio. Hey, welcome back. First of the month, got season, postseason, Let's go Yankees. Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Know what I heard my kids say yesterday, I kill t if you could figure out how it ends. Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. Continue Alright, there's more to that, Spot. Do you know the how it goes after that? Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. I thought that was the end of the rhyme. If you don't, I don't. If you don't, yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 8: I'll pull down your underwear.
Speaker 1: Whow I didn't know that, yeahs He relaxed. I'm in a relationship. I'm I told my son, I go. I didn't want to say it. Thanks, Monty means me said to my son Ago Benny Boy Ben don't say that at school? Did you not know that? I knew it? But he did it? Okaying Bells Batman Smells said on National radio ro Batmobile Rob and the Joker got away. Okay, so we all know that one. Then all right, good. I don't think I knew the rest of the other rhyme. You stopped at my smell my feet, No, does give me something good to eat? That's where I stopped. I never knew the rest of that. Bells. That was the Mets lated egg up last game of the Super Were Alive from the Fox Sports Radio studio. For over forty years, ti Raq has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, shipped fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack Dot, calmly tire buying should be now it's time. Yeah. Every Wednesday we get into it. Our boys Spot here works the videos. High Spot gives you something we call mid week Major.
Speaker 2: Covino and Rich gets you over the middle of the week. When mid Week Major, I love that we throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids say.
Speaker 7: That's so we definitely major.
Speaker 1: See it our scoring mid week major.
Speaker 5: I gotta go fast because Spotty said he needs like fourteen minutes today. He's gonna have to settle for seven though. All right, we hand things over to the two boys with the two big red love dice.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, man, boys, I just rolled the three and.
Speaker 3: Now it's a rich roll.
Speaker 1: What's that? I went?
Speaker 3: All right? That means Carinos. Hey, guys gets first take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, and now it's like that rare occurrence where like you actually beat the dealer in Vegas.
Speaker 5: Right, two craps, ladies and gentlemen. The most famous man. There's a more famous woman, Judy Bloom Scott Swains, New Jersey, Spotty boy. Yeah, it's not hard to be more famous. All right, how you guys doing, Who's going first? Mel Covino? Let's see where should we start?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: You love handsome men, so we'll start with Rob Low. Oh maybe handsome, but his integrity may be in question. So Reds fans are seeing red after Low was spotted last night at last night's Dodgers game as they dominated the Reds ten to five, seemingly rooting for the Dodgers and against the Reds. On screen during Tommy Edmonds third inning home run, Lowe was wearing a twenty twenty four World Series Champion La hat. The only problem is low grew up in Ohio, and it's given interviews before where he has stated that he is a massive Reds fan, saying that he once even created his own number eight Joe Morgan shirt and bore that thing everywhere. So low has been, you know, a Los Angelino for years. He's been acting for years, regularly attends Dodgers games, and fans assumed his allegiance Liede with the.
Speaker 1: Reds midweaker major. I think he got so much flatforn a generic NFL. I thought that he had to make a choice here, So I can't blame him for that. I thought he was gonna wear a Rob Manford shirt. Yeah, it wasn't wear an MLB hat this time. Look, he's an Ohio guy, but he's so synonymous with Hollywood at this point here for fates he's been famous. He's a teenager basically, it's the Outsiders and probably before that. So I don't blame him for saying, hey, I have some loyalty to the Reds. But I'm a Dodgers guy. I've been out here in La my whole life and career, so I understand. I'm not mad at it. I think it's a mid story. I think it's mid because if you make a big deal about Rob Blow's alliance, that's that's mid of you. But it's a good story spot because you know, we always talk about allegiance on the show, very la of him, and I've had to come to grips with the fact that it's more in La than Rob Lowe. You had your chance, I've had. I've had to come to grips with the fact that I think my son Ben, who's five, likes The Dodgers.
Speaker 3: He's smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's an l a kid. We I bought MLB twenty five the show for his for his Nintendo switch. I was like, you know what instead of him on his iPad. I'm like, yo, me and you could play the show together. And he's like, dankt me the Dodgers. I'm like, but you mean the Mets. He's like, no, the Dodgers. I want to be Mookie and Freddy and I go, do you meet Lindor and Soda. I want to be a winner. So, I mean, you know, not Mookie Wilson, Mookie bets All. You know, you live somewhere long enough, you adapt. I I'm not going to do that, but I get it. Rob Low does he really care that much anyway? He's a Hollywood guy. He's a sports, very passionate. He is a very passionate sport. He's a cool dude. Yeah, he's he's a he's a you know, a man amongst men. Yeah, really is all right?
Speaker 9: Anyway, Sanders, I don't know if you saw this floating around getting some attention for being a man of no words.
Speaker 1: So Sanders spoke with.
Speaker 9: The media today and was asked about the Browns decision to bench Joe Flacco in favor of fellow rookie Dylan Gabriel ahead of this Sunday's game across the Pond in London.
Speaker 1: This is what he said.
Speaker 9: Exactly. He was seen just mouthing the answer on camera but not saying anything. He was even asked like if he could vocally express his feelings, and went on to keep mouthing the words, getting a kick out of himself, laughing the entire time. Clearly he wanted he thought he should be stepping in his did rookie, not the other guy. But Gabriel did, however, speak saying that he's excited for the opportunity, and Flacco said that while he never foresaw the move, he acknowledged that the team hasn't been performing very well the first four weeks. Go figure midweek er major. It's a major story. Everybody loves talking about s Geory Sanders.
Speaker 1: There's been quarterback controversy since day one surrounding him and this whole team. And what's the old saying spot Yeah nice? No, no, if you got nothing nothing nice to say, trick or treats mell like me. So I think he took that and had some fun with it. He'd be like, you know, yeah, I'd rather not say my true feelings otherwise if he did, he'd probably get more criticism. So he played it safe. I'm okay with it because at least he brought some some fun to it. I just feel dumb because I kept clicking my Instagram like, where's the volume, where's the what's my volume off?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Oh, this sounds video sound. Oh he's not talking. Oh listen, man, it's it's funny. But you could say, like a rookie movie these kids are young, right, so, but why are we surprised Dylan Gabriel was a higher draft pick than should or Sanders. He just comes with the flash. I think the funny part is he refused to be drafted by the Ravens because he didn't want to back up Lamar Jackson. Had he wet with them and didn't refuse it, he'd be starting for the next three weeks. And now he's backing up Gabriel. Yeah, that's that's ironic, you think for sure. So I would say major just because there's not much else going on in Cleveland, and clearly he thinks it should be him. He doesn't need to really express that. Yeah, all right, I'll go with Lebron.
Speaker 9: Lebron getting some backlash yet again. He does it so well, this time getting called out by fans for appearing on a live stream with popular streamer Twitch streamer kay sin.
Speaker 1: Is Sinat right. H Yeah.
Speaker 9: After Laker's head coach JJ Reddick held James out of practice due to quote glute nerve irritation, so as the team said back to practice, rehdd it said it will be a slower process easing Lebron back into the game due to his twenty two years of wear and tear on his body, said they were playing the long game with Lebron. Lebron, so he decided to head over to Sinat's Mafia Than three and appear on his stream where he shaved Snat's head. There were other celebrities moving through like Snoop Dogg, Mariah Carey, Kim Kardashian, So you know, maybe it would have been a better look if he kind of chilled off camera.
Speaker 3: But midweek er major.
Speaker 1: You know, most things involving Lebron are major, but this mid this feels like just feels like a mid story. I'm not following. Fine, I'll take it. He's right, it's mid. I just think the insinuation that after all the years and hard work and training and conditioning Lebron James put it puts in if you think some training with the Lakers at this stage, like if he's like, yeah, I'm a little out of it and then ends up on some streamers stream like, you know, at this point, were really questioning Lebron james dedication. Stop being ridiculous. Oh and by the way, basis load of Noel for the Red Sox. Doland just bounced to one hoper to first, and is that Bellinger that had to come off the bag? I think it was Oh wow, look at that bass juice for the socks. That that's major. I'm with you, what's it? He has a little belly ache. What's going on? He's got a glute nerve irritation? Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was an ass issue or is honestly his answers. You thought gluten intolerance gluten. I thought it was a gluten no gluten soler. He's got a butt problem. He's got a butt problem. So yeah, he does a little podcast instead. Whatever. We were, well, hey Monty, do you have a gut intolerance? He don't it don't. I'm good? All right? How are we doing? What's doing? Manci?
Speaker 8: For an update, As you mentioned, things getting interesting between between the Yankees and the Red Sox with Boston getting the bases loaded. They've got all their outs in this third inning, even though the Yankees are on the scoreboard.
Speaker 1: Ben Rice started things off with the two run shots. Remind me did he play yesterday?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, I was just I was just remind me. I forgot for a second.
Speaker 8: I wasn't trying to burn us I was Manny Machado hit a two run shots today and the Padre shut out the Cups three zero to force a game three. Guardians are forcing a game three against the Tigers. They scored five runs in the bottom of the eighth inning, capped off by a three run shot from Boat Naylor.
Speaker 1: Cleveland won that game six to one.
Speaker 8: I believe the Red Sox on the Muno still wars we're good, okay. I was like, I think they may have scored on yet not yet, okay. NFL News Commander's head coach Dan Quinn confirmed that Jayden Daniels has been medically cleared to return.
Speaker 1: He is on track to start Sunday against the Chargers.
Speaker 8: Chargers head coach John Harbaugh announced that Joe Alt with this high ankle sprain, is doubtful to play this week. Buccaneers running back Bucky Irving, dealing with an ankle sprain, was seen in a walking boot at practice, but he has not been ruled out for Sunday's game. Browns are benching quarterback Joe Flacco. They're starting rookie Dylan Gabriel as you mentioned, for Sunday's game in London against the Vikings by the way Cavino. Joe Flacco is technically the backup. It is not Shador Sanders. Oh wow, yes, so he is technically not even moved up yet. Joe Flacco is still the backup and the forty nine ers have rolled out everybody. Well, I'm just kidding Brock Pardy Jawan Jennings and Ricky Piersol for Thursday night football against the Rams, and Mac Jones will get the start. Yankees did get it out here, so Bass is still loaded by the Red Sox.
Speaker 1: But one out, two.
Speaker 8: To go for this inning.
Speaker 1: Guys, it's been fun. Missed you. Back to you. Thank you Yankees. Uh yeah, scored none with the Bassis juice last night, so maybe maybe it's your turn to shut him down. One out, one one and Trevor Story's up and his career at the basis load of Cavino not too shabby, he said, some grand salamis in his life. I want to just watch one more pitch and see if something good happen. Oh no, base it up the middle likely Yeah, one two scored two scored to too now as we're in the top of the wonderful Sorry to say that, buddy boy. We got more Kevin on Rich and a story about redemption in sports and entertainment, and it has to do with fitty cent. I'll explain. We'll do that and keep you updated on Yank's sulks More next conven on Rich Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Business fluctuations make running your manufacturing business complex, but staffing your business doesn't have to be. Let Express Employment Pros provide the workforce you need. Go to expresspros dot com. Find a location near you that's expresspros dot com. By the way, that was hard to read because I was really feeling that fifty cent man, Amen, Man, Amen, quick reminder before we talk fifty cent tomorrow, we do Old School and fifty hits yo, every Thursday. It's already Thursday, damn starting the weekend early tomorrow early, Like mister Furley, we throw it back and reminisce. So please join us Manyana Old School in fifty hits every Thursday on the Cavino and Rich show, Getting You Involved eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. But I was Sam plays some fifty cent because I have a story. Well, he's infamously known to rock the microphone and for having arguably one of the worst pitches first pitches in baseball history. For your goofy Mets, he threw out the first pitch at City Field.
Speaker 3: And couldn't even really call it a pitch.
Speaker 1: I mean other than other than Mariah Carey and Baba Booie and yeah they You know, you have your infamous list of if it wasn't there one gymnast want that do like a flip and throw the ball right down into the ground like there are some legendary awful first pitches, and Fiddy said is synonymous with it. It's sort of like the joke I'm sure amongst his boys. But he's such a fit guy. You know, he's fifty cent. I'm sorry, fifty cent. You expect him to have some sort of athleticism. No, that's what he gets for being a false advertiser because he's always wearing a Yankees at So there he is in your Metz jersey, throwing that weak ass pitch. You and I've talked about, when is the one time you'd wear another jersey or hat or something. I said, if a team like I give you the example, if they said, if our affiliate in Saint Louis said Hey, Covino and Rich come throughout the first pitch. I'd throw a Cardinal's hat just to go out there and throw the pitch and be like, hey, everyone liked.
Speaker 3: I think you'd be real gangster if you kept a Mets hat on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think I'd wear a Yankees hat and a Willy McGee jersey. Yeah, but I mean that that just makes you look like an ungrateful ahole. Why I'm rocking the McGee. Then then they'd probably be like, no, thanks, you rather not throw out the first pitch? I think have you ever seen someone throw out the first pitch? Have you ever seen someone throw out the first pitch at your stadium and not wear your shirt? That would be disrespectful. It's like going to someone's house and bring It's like going to someone an Italian old lady's house and bringing your own food. All right, Well, I'm not trying to debate that. What we're trying to say is it's redemption. He does an appearance with you guessed it, the Savannah Bananas. He comes out singing in the club and all the Savannah Bananas and dancers are popping bottles of champagne. There has to be a pressure goat moment, I would think here for him. No, I think no pressure. What's over And I'll tell you why, because everyone's watching to see if he sucks even worse this time. He's with the bananas. It's light and fun. He's singing. It's a party. And I think if he throws out a bad first pitch, it's funny because it's like another bad one, a or redemption. I don't you think he wants to redeem himself? And you know what, he threw a good enough pitch, good enough, good, kind of like our show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the pressure you're talking about Couvino would have been if he was at another MLB state fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough, Okay, just a light, fun moment with the bananas. And you know what, it was a little outside. It wasn't like a dead on strike like George W. Bush, but it was it was good. He did a movement like the Queen did and naked gun. Yeah he didn't throw a screwball. But is he left e Is that what makes it look weird? He's lefty, right, so he throws it, but he looks like, let's say you're a righty. Oh wait, Waite the city Sence pigeon. Don't put Jazz Chisholmore bed.
Speaker 5: Rice on the lineup. It looked way better. It looked like Sandy Kofax like took him under his wing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, it was a big improvement. He looked proud. He didn't give a little fist pump like, yeah, I got that out of the way, as you could see on our video again, Covino and Rich streaming live on our new YouTube channel, Covino and Rich FSR. Covino and Rich FSR. Well a loose up in a key spot with two on one out, the Yankees and Socks are tied. Your old pal Danny g Cody Bellinger was he cluttery you guys of the postseason.
Speaker 3: He was inconsistent for the Dodgers in the postseason.
Speaker 1: Play Wow, double steal for the Yankees, double Steve taking away the double play? Well, enjoy the game. Look, it's a it's practically a game seven about either of these teams. But you can feel the rivalry and the intensity. You really could like you'm bad. It's back, Like, honestly, I don't I don't care for either of the teams, but you can't argue that it's like the one of the top three rivalries in all sports. Yankees Red Sox postseason. It felt like it died down for a minute and now it's yeah, cool to see. There's a little hatred and no love loss there, so uh hey, something fun to watch. We'll see you guys manyana. Enjoy your Wednesday there, cheep baby, Let's go Yankees, see you in the Promised Land. Let it guys. Mm hmm.