Speaker 1: As media.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Sorry I was doing I was doing Robert. It was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm I did it first. I'm always the first to be Robert. If you don't count that guy who produced The Godfather, I don't. But other than him, no other Roberts anywhere.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of people are saying this. A lot of people are saying saying you're you're.
Speaker 3: The only Robert. You're the only Roberts, right, that's right.
Speaker 1: You would have met one if there was another, and if you have met one, you're a liar. Anyway, Welcome back. Behind the Bastards a podcast about bastards, and this week about the Queen of Canada, Romana did Youlo prop Jason Petty our guest, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm here, man, I can't wait to talk about here. That swhere.
Speaker 4: She's the Queen of Canada, Commander Canada, Queen of Canada, the Canada, First Party of Canada or Canadians.
Speaker 1: If someone if someone came up to me and said, I'm the commander in chief and you have to do what I say, I'd say, I'm simply not in the military, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I would probably know her roommate would be like, oh word, all right.
Speaker 1: Will yeah yeah, probably realistically like oh, your majesty excellent, great.
Speaker 4: Do you want some coffee? Because I was gonna make some coffee.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh, ship, you got that royal money.
Speaker 5: Guess that means we can upgrade.
Speaker 3: To you know, you know, get Yeah, guess we're getting that that that dope TV package.
Speaker 1: Like when we leave, we finally afford ESPN. Oh no, of course we can't afford it. Even even a royal salary can't pay for ESPN. The queen had to fucking pirate that ship.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's talk about this great grift, well, not that great grift, this kind of like shockingly mediocre and lazy grift that works way better than it ought to.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: In any con like Romana was pulling, there's usually the initial grift.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: There's the play someone is intentionally making when they start down the road of declaring themselves the Queen of Canada or whatever. Right, yeah, there's like, this is my immediate plan for how I am going to make money or make you know, I sell famous or whatever improve my situation by lying about this thing, right, And then that initial grift either they achieve it, you know, in some cases, they meet their initial goals, and then they have to figure out, well, what am I going to do next? In some cases the initial goals prove impossible, but they get saying anyway, what there's the initial grift, and then there's what the grift grows into over time as the leader and the followers become less and less more to reality.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That's also the factor is that I think cult leaders in general, especially the ones who say I'm an alien, I'm the real incarnation of Jesus, you know, I'm the secret King or the secret Queen. When it's that sort of thing where I am this kind of person or being that I couldn't possibly be, everyone believed that in those cases, especially the cult leaders generally start more sane than they end up. And it's kind of like getting crazy rich, right, if you get billions of dollars, suddenly you go from I have to interact with the world, and my experience in the world is a mix of what I want to do and what other people want and how society is set up. And so there's times where I have to compromise. There's times where I have to do stuff I don't like, like go to the DMV or stand in line at the TSA, because that's just life in society, right. And then when you're a billionaire, all that shit goes away. You get to opt out of everything everyone else does. Life is just a series of what you want in any given moment, and nobody can ever like challenge you or question you, And so you grow increasingly unmoored from reality and crazy as we're all watching happen in public to all of the billionaires who run our society. Right, yeah, stop telling you know, exactly the same shit happens, probably in a more accelerated and even more aggressive way when all of the people around you are playing into this delusion that you're Jesus or a queen or a king or something, right like where you are pretending to be some sort of supernatural, infallible being and one hundred percent of the people you talk to on a day to day basis are all buying into it.
Speaker 2: Like that damages your brain more? Yeah, not trying to.
Speaker 1: Make it, Oh, the poor cult leader, but it's like, objectively, they lose their sanity the longer they do this, because it's bad for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean there's like like I think, I think you use the right word of like this is it's it's objectively breaking your brain. Yes, yes, yeah, you're just you are losing a complete grip. And yeah you can't not know when you put you a little single out for your new your new uh you know, uh techno DJing career. You know what I'm saying that, like you, this song is objectively trash.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, if I were to start a cult where I convinced people that I was some sort of divine figure, I would also do like a part time job at a Barnes and Noble or something, just that I had something outside of the cult business that I would like go to and like be around. And that way you can stay, you can keep yourself one step ahead of the fence. Right, You're not going to lose your mind too much. You know, every cult leader go out and get a part time job doing something normal, you know, if you really want your cult to go the distance. Anyway, just some free advice for the cult leaders out there, I.
Speaker 2: Feel it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The backup plan has to be solid enough to where you can maintain pieces of the grift, right, you know, and somebody might follow you there.
Speaker 1: But like you have to keep knowing what reality is enough to avoid the pitfalls of reality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're not. Yeah, you're not ended up.
Speaker 4: You're not ending up in the you know, the John McAfee situation you gave me, like exactly.
Speaker 1: He's a great example, right, but he went too far. He bought into too much of his bullshit, and the world was not willing to float his delusions any longer. All right, Whereas you compare him to the goat, right to l Ron Hubbards. Where as crazy as he got and as many nuts things as he convinced people to believe. L R H always knew. Time to get in the boat, time to leave. I got to get out of this country. Fucking loss coming for me. Time to bounce.
Speaker 2: I'm out. Listen, let's go to the boats for the boats. Hit the boats.
Speaker 3: You calling l r H the Goat will never not be funny.
Speaker 1: He's the no one has ever been a better cult leader than Alight Like he was the king of it. He's so good at being a cult leader.
Speaker 4: You know the fact that like it still exists, Like that's the crazy part about.
Speaker 1: What he was in l a last week or like three days ago, and I ran past the Scientology building.
Speaker 2: It's still here. It's huge. It outlived his legacy like that next.
Speaker 1: To l Ron Hubbard Boulevard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: At that point you have to like, no, you're the goat, like we all every documentary, every expos we all know.
Speaker 2: But it's still sitting right here. I'm like, you win, you win, bro. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he did it, he did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So uh.
Speaker 1: Sartaghi Christine Sartaghi's rite up gives us the best insight into what the original con that Didulo was going for might have been.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: An investigation bi logically revealed that Whiplash three four seven was one of the two main Telegram Hub channel leaders involved in recruiting individuals to invest in fraudulent cryptocurrency tokens, described by experts as a large and well organized Ponzi scheme. Whiplash is the guy who like first backed Ramana from the q and On world. Okay, this ponzi scheme netted the scammers approximately two million dollars. The nature of Didulo's affiliation and a relationship with Whiplash three four to seven remains unclear. So again we don't know why this guy got in bed with her, but he was. He's like a crypto Ponzi scammer, and my guess is that was the original plan or something like that for some sort of Ponzi sket well, and she was involved too, where he was like, look, if you can get some juice behind you, we can sell your followers on some bullshit and split the money. That would be my guess. I don't know. My guess is something like that. Was it because of who this whiplash person is, that he's a Ponzi scam guy, and because there's no other reason for her to have suddenly started supporting did Julo's claims other than he thought maybe she had the juice to get a following and he could wrench a bunch of money out of her followers. That's the only thing I can think of, right, I don't know, but that would make sense to me.
Speaker 2: Not having any idea what crypto is either, but anyway.
Speaker 1: Right exactly and just listening to whatever this guy says totally. As the summer a twenty twenty one began, Romana Didulo added the title sovereign to her name, so her full honorific was sovereign, head of State and Commander in Chief of the Sovereign Republic of Canada. Again, you don't need sovereign twice love it a head of state implies sovereign. I would say head of State and Commander Chief the Sovereign Republic of Canada. Sure, but love it's weird to do it the other way. Canada and there are as you might guess, there's some sovereign citizen stuff mixed into this too. She's also part of that community. Some of her language, especially around like debt cancelation, is very sobset. She refers to Canada, the government of Canada, the illegitimate one is like an illegitimate corporation that's ruling Canada. Very sovereign citizen adjacent stuff, which is getst an American sovereign citizens should be very wrapped up in America and American law, but they're all over the world because all you need to do is just make a bunch of fake court papers for whatever country you're in and convince people, you know anyway. Okay, so she announces as soon as you know, this is in her first year as being the Queen. She starts announcing a bunch of new policies like any new world leader does. Right, you start putting out, here's the big policies I'm going to do. These all sounded crazier in twenty twenty one and twenty twenty two. They now just sound like actual policies of the US government because she withdrew Canada from the United Nations, with drew Canada from the WHO, and canceled all foreign aid. Advised your followers, So first off, we're just doing Trump stuff here, right, Like maybe I mean Trump's doing.
Speaker 2: To do this stuff, right, that's who's her off as, right, right.
Speaker 1: She advised her followers to prepare for a complete and total worldwide shift in financial systems. The world now lived under the quantum financial system, which in brief meant that everyone who believed in the quantum financial system got a bunch of free money. And if you were poor and riddled with debt under the old we'd say real financial system, under the quantum financial system, you're suddenly rich. Right, And that's the me and the other white hats are replacing the global economy with the quantum financial system, and now all the poor people have money, right, that's the idea.
Speaker 2: Love it. I am as the father of two daughters.
Speaker 4: The amount of times I've had to sit down and eat and get paid money and eat you know, imaginary meals, and you just have to go along with it. Hm, this tastes so good and it's just a shredded piece of paper.
Speaker 1: I had so much imaginary tea.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, this is definitely given that. So my first thing is I am outlawing chores. Okay, baby, Okay, no more, no more chores. And all all grown ups have to eat vegetables for everyone.
Speaker 2: Okay baby, that's your new laws.
Speaker 1: Wait sure, yeah, absolutely sure, And that's you know I We can talk about how the laws should be. I do think that all grown ups should have to eat the vegetables.
Speaker 2: I agree with that of her late vegetables.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we're not gonna agree in this because I'm a bedtime abolitionist, prop very anti bedtime.
Speaker 2: That's a dude that ain't got kids. Let me take something. You're damn right now. It's incredibly pro bedtime.
Speaker 1: Yes, So this nonsense she's peddling about the quantum financial system has its origins in another series of episodes we've done. A couple of years ago. I did a two parter on Nessra and Jesra in E sar A G E s A r A, which is an old conspiracy theory, right, and it's an economic one. And Neessara and Jesra started out as a real series of economic reform propositions in the nineteen nineties. This was the origin of this is there were some actual attempts to reform our economic system that people misinterpret, and it becomes by the late nineties early two thousands, this conspiratorial belief that all there's going to be a debt jubilee, so all debt will be canceled and an economic reset, right, which is a super first off. In order to just kind of because we talk a lot about how silly conspiratory beliefs are, and they are, I want to peel back a little bit because wanting to believe very badly in a debt jubilee. It's not only as like I understand why people would want that, but that goes back really far. It's pretty the roots of Judaism in a lot of ways. There's lots of Deuteronomy, not that that's the right, but in the roots of Judaism, there's a lot of talk about debt jubileeze. Right, it's all over the Bible. This this would used to be a thing. And part of it was if you've got a new king. This wasn't just a thing that happened in the Judeo Christian world. Right, if you got a new king, and the new king, as often happens, maybe came to power through a little bit of conflict with whoever wasn't charged before, or the new king really needs to establish and get like the support of the people. All your debts are clear, no one owes anything anymore. Right, this used to It wasn't universal, but it happened a lot because it's a smart way to get people on your side. Yeah, yeah, so everyone's credit card debt. If a guy became the president was like, all your debts are canceled. How would you feel about that president?
Speaker 2: I'd vote probably better than you knew about the cars president. I'd vote for his third term.
Speaker 4: It's also like the preposterousness of saying that America is four point nine trillion dollars in debt. You're just like, yeah, that's okay, zero, come on zero, dude, Like it's not what do we.
Speaker 1: Not call that? I mean Europe theoretically could call some of that like right, like, that's part of the problem with us fucking around their allies is But also realistically, who's gonna do that. Who's going to do that and just nuke the global economy right now? Maybe in the future when people have uncoupled themselves from the dollar, but it's not good for anybody anyway.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: I find this all interesting just because this is there's a really old desire to believe in stuff like this, and it's a huge part of There's all sorts of different expressions of this. Adjacent to and underneath the Maga movement. There was a lot of talk within QAnon people about an economic reset. There's even this side belief that, like, for whatever reason, people should be collecting Iraqi dnars because Trump was about to like revalue the dnar and it would suddenly be worth a bunch of money for again weird conspiratorial reasons, but like a bunch of white people in the Midwest were buying like old Iraqi currency and their belief that it would make them rich one day. Oh yeah, so man, people in Iraq don't even want to take dnr. I had to spend money there and I usually spent dollars in euros. You know, nobody wants the fucking DNR avoid it. And a big chunk of like what gets taken out of Nessa and jess or this older conspiracy theory into the modern era is this idea of a debt cancelation. It's prominent among MAGA people, prominent among you know, the Q movement, and that's what she's tapping into. And it's a tantalizing proposition for desperate people living on the margins, who are always the people most likely to find themselves drawn towards cults. Right, Romana Didulo's teachings found their audience followers had reasons to convince themselves she was legit, including the fact and this is my favorite is once people decide they believe in her, they have to work backwards to try to find evidence that. Like, you know, there's all sorts of clues that she's legitimate, and one of the chief ones is that her name Romana Digulo is an anagram for I am our Donald, like I am the Canadian Donald.
Speaker 2: That's seriously enough proof for some people. Good stuff.
Speaker 1: Wow, it must be so whimsical to believe in the world the way you do.
Speaker 4: Wow, man, these people are at the red light next to you, like these are.
Speaker 1: Yes and they these people are the well not in Canada, but in the US. They're allowed to buy all the same guns you are, which is not great.
Speaker 3: Yes, their votes count as much as yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that part doesn't matter because voting isn't real.
Speaker 2: Sophie.
Speaker 1: Uh, the mushroom aliens inside Mount Shasta control all of our elections. But you know, let's continue with this.
Speaker 3: I am our Donald, I am our Donald.
Speaker 1: I've been saying that for years, Sophie. You are our Donald. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna find it pagram for Sophie's night before.
Speaker 1: This is Donald Sutherland. I assumed we were talking about. I've always considered you the Donald Sutherland of cool Zone media.
Speaker 3: At first, I like miss Herd and I thought you said Donald Sterling and I got real scared.
Speaker 2: That is good. Keep it that way, sir.
Speaker 1: But I know who Donald Sutherland is because I just watched him in a not very good movie.
Speaker 3: Donald Sterling would be a great Bastards episode.
Speaker 2: Actually, he'd be a great Bastard's I'll feel like you should leave that one.
Speaker 1: Sophie put them on the list on the list.
Speaker 3: The list that never dies.
Speaker 1: Yes, So to get back to romana once you start to feel as a cult leader, like you might as a fledgling cult leader, right, Because she's spent months now building her telegram, she's got tens of thousands of people, she's getting traction. People are talking about her right within the Q movement, but she hasn't met any of them in person. She's not like I think she's taking some donations now, but she hasn't made a bunch of money off of this. I think this is the point at which you have to kind of make a plunge. Am I just someone who's created a weird little Internet community or do I really have a cult here?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And so if you want to answer that question, the next thing you got to do is stretch your muscles. So in June of twenty twenty one, she starts ordering her followers to hand out and by stretch your muscles, I mean try to get your followers to do things in the real world before you take the plunge into like follow me. We're all gonna live together, and you need to give me all your money. You got to see, can I get them to do anything other than like hang out on my telegram, right, yeah, yeah, it's smart, it's smart. She's got a basic Again.
Speaker 4: Man, maybe maybe your song had a cool little TikTok audio, but like you can't you can't sell.
Speaker 2: A concert ticket.
Speaker 1: You're going to have a career, So yeah, you got to test that shit out first, and yeah, totally. This is part I sometimes feel as I study these because I never know, you never get none of these Very few of these cult leaders ever admit to like, and I spent years reading about other cult leaders and how they did things that I would know what to do when I, you know, my time gave. They never say that. I assume some of them do. A part of me. I have this belief that there's it's almost like there's like a subset of Homo sapiens that's like like the cult leader, and some people are just born with a set of like instincts that makes them like real like because a lot of her behavior feels instinctual, like you're feeling out how to make and keep a cult going, how to grow it. I don't know. Maybe it's like being the Jedi. Maybe it's like you've got enough Midi Chlorians and you can build a cult, right, And I've always said that On Hubbard was the Anakin Skywalker of American colt me. Anyways, he really is, including the fact that he got Ewin McGregor burnt his arms and limbs off. A lot of people don't know that about l Ron Hubbard, you know.
Speaker 2: But you got Ewan McGregor to burn his yeah.
Speaker 1: Burne's limbs off. Yeah, on a volcano planet where he kept his mansion. Yeah, got it. Yeah. I sometimes mix up Darth Vader's law and l Ron Hubbard's law, but I think I've got it right this time. So when you start to think, you know, all right, it's time to get out into the real world, see if I can get my followers to do anything right. So in June of twenty twenty one, she starts ordering her followers to hand out cease and Assist notices to local businesses with mask mandates, right, because she's really angry about the COVID mandates. She's angry at the lockdown. So she has her followers putting these up on businesses that require masks and basically anywhere that they'll get attention, and Sophie will put up on for the video version, you can see. Here's a copy of one of these cease and assists. I'm going to read it to you. Notice to cease and assist effective today, and there's a blank for the date. I am the witness of the law, serving you a lawful document Cease and assist order to stop immediately all unlawful COVID measures. This is very so sovereign citizen language. I'm a witness of the law, serving you a lawful document. We are now living in the sovereign Republic of Canada and are no longer in Canada Incorporated Corporation, which you get the doubling up on length Canada Incorporated Corporation. Huh, your business is operating in the Sovereign Republic of Canada. Are newly appointed Head of State, Commander in Chief, Head of Government of Canada Ramano Titulo, by lawful order requires that we resume our lives back to normal and open our businesses to full capacity. All former COVID nineteen measures and restrictions are unlawful, unscientific, and unjust and therefore invalid Nolan void. This means no more pandemic lie, no more masks, no more social distancing, no more temperature taking, no more lockdowns, no more quarantine or self imposed isolation, no more genocidal COVID vaccines, no vast vaccine, passport and ID chip. If you still enforce any of the former COVID measures on any leaving breathing man, woman, staff, and customers, you are violating the all caps universal human rights and are complicit in crimes against humanity and will be prosecuted by We the People, military tribunal under national law and common law, by the Head of State and Commander in Chief of Canada. And again it's this mix of it's all this American soft set language, the whole the fact that you're coming back to We the People. That's not a Canada, that's like a we the American people thing. Some of the she's a very international culture.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Some of the stuff also sounds like very much like an English second language type, like like you know, and I don't know, you know, I'm Sada Corporation, Canada Incorporate Corporation in Canada, First Party of Canada.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I was like it kind of sounds. It didn't hit me.
Speaker 4: It's all read it And I was like, oh yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Movie that Garrison made us watch Eddington.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch it.
Speaker 3: Garrison, maybe watch that movie.
Speaker 1: Garrison can't make me do anything. I'll watch it one of these dates. I haven't gotten to it.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: But yeah it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh So her followers start handing these out right, and I know what you're wondering reading all this. Okay, if someone still continues to enforce mask mandates or whatever after getting the cease and assist, what are the penalties? So they say that you'll be prosecuted by we, the people, and the Queen. So how to talk about that. Here's a quote from one of mac Lamereau's Vice articles summarizing Romana's rhetoric and the dynamics of her community during this period. Let's keep this simple. Did you Low wrote recently, death is the penalty for crimes against humanity? This was met with much jubilation from hundred of followers. Yes, wrote one. I'm so happy we have you, wrote another. She is the only one that is saying anything hopeful or anything that makes sense. It felt completely hopeless before Romana came along, wrote a third. As much as I hate to see people being put to death, it has become necessary because the jerks just won't stop what they're doing, wrote yet another. Yeah, yees, you get a lot there in terms of what's appealing. While this person's saying, she's the only one saying anything hopeful or anything that makes sense, because she's saying, your debts are all about to go away. All of the bad stuff that you think is genocide, the COVID stuff that's all going away, it's all been white aside. It's hopeful, you know. Yeah, that's so much of it is just you promise people something more instead of it you just reading the real news, which is often depressing and really complicated, and it's very hard to figure out how can I help, how can I do anything to fix things? Instead the Queen's just saying, all the bad people are being put to death for wearing masks, and your debts are about to go away. Just continue to listen to me and share my stuff online and send me money, and the world will be fixed.
Speaker 5: And how are we killing these people? What's her?
Speaker 3: What's her weapon? Like? What is she? What is she saying?
Speaker 1: Unclear?
Speaker 2: Put to death in secret?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but going Maybe it's maybe a psychic, maybe a psychic doing or psyched how.
Speaker 2: I do it.
Speaker 1: I psychically killing people all the time, you know, the.
Speaker 6: Time, dude, lyrically exactly, I think lyrically murdering people the Homo sapien joint like in as far as like that that gene to be a cult leader.
Speaker 4: Like I feel like even in listening it is, I think about this all the time, especially with like the politics stuff, is like it breaks people's psyche that there are some things that are just out of your control, that there is nothing you can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing.
Speaker 4: And I feel like COVID like really brought that out to where it was just like it's a virus. Yeah, it just exists like out of which like the Earth has viruses.
Speaker 1: And I get, you know, I haven't spent a little bit of time in war zones. I get how how people can wind up believing like, oh, I was like saying something nearly killed killed me, and it didn't and I saw other people died. I must have been saved, yes, because like I've had the experience of something like you know, I was sitting at a fucking checkpoint and the guys that I'd been smoking with drove off ahead of us and got blown up by a vehicle based ied, Yeah, and I guess I could be like I was protected, but like within, why did God want those French people to do exactly what? God didn't protect this princess. Shoot, And I'm not really lucky, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think he picked me.
Speaker 2: No, some stuff just be what it is.
Speaker 4: Ship you know, happens, and I feel like, you know, yeah, some shit it's just and it's just and but but the need to tie up the loose ends and have a reason for and find out the source of and just like part of it is just like this, like even just them saying, man, the lockdown sucks. I'm like, yeah, nigga, I know me too, what you want me to do? Like you're saying, like that's just what it is. Nobody wanted COVID, it just happened, you know. So anyway, Uh, I just think that like them looking for this answer, she'd the only one to make it sense, ma'am.
Speaker 2: She don't make sense at all. She's not making any sense. She's not making any sense. You just gave up.
Speaker 1: On comprehending the world because you got too scared and angry. Yes, and yeah, and that you see that too, where like I hate seeing people put to death, but the jerks just won't stop. First off, if you think a group of people need to be put to death for their crimes against humanity and you call them jerks, they probably aren't committing crimes against humanity when I talk when I talk about like when we talk about the Nazis, yeah, no one's ever like what a bunch of jerks. They really were some jerks, Like no, they were monsters.
Speaker 2: They tell you, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy. Saddam Hussein was a real jerk when he gassed all those Kurdish civilians. You know, Like it's just not the way we use the term. It's just silly, Like yeah, that I SA agent was a real jerk for shooting that person in the head. Like, it's just not how you do it right. When you believe people should be executed, That's not how you talk about them anyway. It's very childish and very part of like language. Like that makes me almost wonder how much do these people really believe it or are they just like it's way more fun to spend my days pretending this is real than accepting the reality around me. I kind of think that is even more of it than I truly believe all these people have been executed, right, yeah, totally. I don't know, maybe I'm maybe reading too much into it, but you know, who's never been executed for crimes against humanity? Prop which is an issue?
Speaker 2: Man? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, let's just.
Speaker 2: Go to ass.
Speaker 1: And we're back. So in November of twenty twenty one, Romana posted an order for the King of Canada to the King of Canada's military on her telegram shoot to kill anyone who tries to inject children under the age of at nineteen years old with coronavirus nineteen vaccines, bioweapons or any other vaccines. This order is effective immediately. So again she gives a shoot to kill order for the military to kill anyone giving out any kind of vaccine. She follows up by editing shoot to kill to arrest because people do start. Is she trying to get people murdered, which she is, Yes, so she does alter that slightly, but she's going to also repeatedly talk about executing people. She writes, please use airports, hospitals, school stadiums, and other public venues to hold and detain all traders. They will stay there until military tribunal is held for each one of them until the day they are executed via firing squad or hanging. So, yeah, friend, kill all military. What the Canadian one, the one that she's commander in chief of obviously where well in Canada, you know, Yeah, telegram, you'll find out that's where. That's where all all military lawful military orders are always issued through telegram pages, you know. So, in that unique way the internet has her community developed their own name for the armed men that she wanted detaining and executing doctors and political leaders, which kind of does suggest that she's not in control of the military if you think that, like you need to develop gangs of guys to detain and arrest and kill all the doctors. But the community name for these people is duck Hunters. So whenever she refers to gathering her duck hunters, she's talking about the armed men that she wants to have murder all of the doctors and politicians who support masks and stuff.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 1: In a Vice article on the subject, mac Lamora posted irrelevant screen grab from her telegram channel. He spent a lot of time in there, which will be up on the video version now. But you see one of her followers, and it's worth noting her Telegram name is her Majesty all caps I am Queen Romana right, like you know, tag back to the whole I AM movement. She's using a lot of that language. One of her followers, a guy named Ron, says, all set, I can bunk a few duck hunters in my home. I'm all set to hunting gear ready, and then he posts a picture of several firearms on a countertape. Oh lord, yeah, several different rifles and stuff. So that's an actionable threat. When I was when I used to teach classes on counter terrorism and stuff like that, when I used to lecture, I would be asked a lot by like and this is you know, when I was a bellinkat, I was doing trainings primarily for like journalists and NGO employees. And the one thing I would get asked a lot, especially by journalists, because I'm talking people through all these telegram channels how to find and follow different groups and different individual like far right figures on telegram, which is still pretty significant place for them to organize, but at the time was even more of a hub. They would ask a lot like how do you know what to report on versus what not to report on, because it's a sea people talking about wanting to kill people and the guns that they have, and if you just you can't publish an article being like, and here's another Nazi with the picture of a gun saying he's going to shoot people. I don't know where, I don't know when, because that's not really like a story necessarily, and it also is just kind of riley because most of the people don't actually do any how. How do you tell if something is serious enough that you do need to start gathering more information report on it. One thing I would tell people is if you see a sign that someone or a group is starting to experiment with real world activism. So if you've got this group of peopley're talking about wanting to shoot their enemies, and they've started putting up flyers and papers rather than a neighborhood or whatever or something like that, or they've started showing up the well, then that's a sign maybe this group needs to be paid more attention to because they're starting to do stuff in the right Yeah. So when we've got do Dolo's followers going up to people that they see as targets, that they see as deserving of the death penalty and handing them cease and desists and also posting picture of their guns and talking about gathering. That's the point at which I would say, you need to take these people seriously, because there's every chance at least one of them is going to snap and do something tragic.
Speaker 4: Right. Yeah, for somebody to take that her little Microsoft word little document, your cease and desisting, print it, sign it, and then go do the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you telling me something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's someone who might be willing to do something more. And that's a sign that a cult leader or that an extremist figure might have the juice to convince someone to do something. Yeah, right, because they're starting down that road already. In January of twenty twenty two, Romana Didulo declared all debts in the Kingdom of Canada were forgiven. Followers began to halt paying their credit card bills and mortgages, and she specifically encouraged this. She would even sometimes threaten people who like, we're still paying their bills, like not, she wasn't like following and people looking at the people's finances, but she would say, like, if you are still paying these bills. If you're still paying off your student loves, if you're still paying your utilities, that means you don't have faith in my government.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I was so frustrated if this was like my partner, like spouse, yeah, and you're just like you have to pay the mortgage, like I'm dumb with your little tearogram thing.
Speaker 1: And this is a huge This is something that one of the things that Mac did a lot of uh work documenting is as well as STESHI is like the number of people who stopped paying their bills and would start posting like, hey, we don't have any power and school's about to be back in session and I have a young son. I'm still not paying the power bill because I know we're not supposed to, but like when is the power going to get turned back on? Like when are you when is when are you going to be in charge again? Because I just feel like I can't, uh like, like my son needs to go to school, Like you can't go to school with that electricity in the house. You get stuff like that people lost their homes because they stopped paying their mortgages, like people got evicted. People I don't know if anyone died. But when you're talking about people cutting off heating or cooling in certain times of the year in Canada, that could get someone killed.
Speaker 4: You know that cold is evil up there. Yeah, yeah, you could die.
Speaker 1: So we're now talking about someone who is like seriously endangering people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This went from funny to like quick you know or I was right? You ain't pay you Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to show you, guys an image that was from a like a study Christine Sartagi published on Romana Didulo where she's collected a bunch of different like posts people have made talking about how they've stopped paying their bills and utilities.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Read a couple. You can see like a clip of several of them here, and to read one or two of them. I stopped paying my power and hydro bills when directed by QR that's Queen Romana. Yeah, and last month they shut off my utilities. I've been without power during some of the hottest days I've ever felt. To add to the stress, my oldest cat passed away yesterday and I suspect it was due to the heat. I don't know what more to do. I can't keep waiting. I need power. I've been charging my phone and using the Wi Fi at the Neroon McDonald's in the meantime. QR. Early this year you said that Canadians do not need to pay for utilities. Recently you've stated that it would be considered a war crime to turn off utilities. When do these royal decrees start to take effect? I've had my gas turned off by SAS Energy. I picked up them mail today and received a letter from SAS Energy Legal department saying I owe them for gas. They must not have gotten your memo account. Now he gives this account number right like these are people, Oh my god, they're still begging her, like you can fix this. Here's my account number. Can you make this right for them? Right? M? Hello dearest HRMQR, Her Royal Majesty Queen Romana. Local Transport Services would not accept your Decree ninety one pertaining to free public transport services. They detained me and called the local police services. I explained and handed over the decree and asked them what criminal offense I was committing before handing over my personal ID. The officers would not identify themselves either. They did not hesitate to wrestle me to the ground after a very short time five minutes for no reason, handcuff me and put me in their vehicles that they could write an appearance notice. They told me to go to the police station and give my fingerprints three days before going to court. A warrant would be put out otherwise, question no decree covers this situation of my knowledge? What new decree or amended decree can be applied with the season assists that we use best regards, love and light to you in your team.
Speaker 2: I bounce between, yeah, I bounce between like you're not dumb up yet you don't realize. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I bounce between like dumbass and like oh honey, well, like you know, honey.
Speaker 1: This is important because I both it's important to have compassion and understanding for victims. I do try to reiterate I think everyone has a point in their life and a cult that they could have fallen victim to. Right, anyone could wind up in a cult. That doesn't mean anyone at any point in their life could become a cult. I think there's things that can immunize you to it. Yeah, we're not born immunized to it. Yeah, I think I can think of points in my life particularly I was like nineteen or twenty and broke and overwhelmed with the realities of being adult, and like I had no idea what I was going to do for a living. I hated all the jobs I'd tried. I was like miserable. I potentially could have fallen in for that thing right at that point in my life. I don't think everyone could fall for every cult. And I'm just gonna go ahead and say the people falling for this cult are not the sharpest, Like you know this, I mean the second this is a particularly bad one.
Speaker 4: Just like, oh honey, yeah, like I you know, look, man, if you feel like you need to you know where you know a onesie for underwear?
Speaker 2: Like all right, all right, D Like I fair enough.
Speaker 1: You think al Ron Hubbard has mind powers? He kind of, did you know?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 4: I mean, some of the biggest A list celebrities are part it is. I could see how you could fall for to be like, I'm trying to get the juice they got. But my friend, my friend, my brother in Christ, the heat's not on, and you can turn earn the heat on. Clearly this lady can stopped him from turning off your heat, So I don't unders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's this. This is part of why I also believe I just said, I don't think these are on the higher end of like, I don't think these are the brightest followers that existed. That said, I do kind of suspect a decent number of them really do no deep down that this isn't real. And so in that case, it's not even an example of people not being super on the ball brain wise. People are just I think a lot of people are just choosing this as the delusion. I want to be a part of.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 1: An adventure.
Speaker 2: It's exciting, I think.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's an insignificant percentage of her people, you know, not all of them.
Speaker 2: Leave me.
Speaker 1: Leave me to my delusions, right, it's more fun than the real world, and it probably is your followers until you can't. And again, that's why you got a transition from just telling people to hurt themselves over the internet to hurting them in person in a caravan of RVs, which is where the story's heading.
Speaker 2: So the Queen he followers, huh, is she the caravans?
Speaker 1: No, she she's a part of that, but she doesn't start that idea. No, no, no, no no. So the queen informed her followers that military tribunals had actually been trying and executing deep state cubalists since twenty seventeen, as part of what she called the Nuremberg two trials. And I hate to backseat alternate reality here, but Turemberg was right there.
Speaker 2: To come on right there, right there.
Speaker 1: She currently claims for an idea, how blood thirsty this is. As silly as it is, she claims two point seven million people have already been executed, just.
Speaker 2: Like that's like.
Speaker 1: It's like a third of the Holocaust, of the Holocaust, if how you counted, Like, that's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: That were of Toronto God.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, executed at the command of quote our galactic federation of worlds of light beings. Because by this point she's brought aliens. Right, we're in space. There's alien white hats. They're fixing everything for us. They're going to solve all of our problems, you know. And again this is all a la carte bits and pieces of other cults, of other conspiratorial beliefs, and like there's a little bit of star trek in there, right.
Speaker 2: This is so Dinuguan bowl, right.
Speaker 1: Queen Elizabeth at the time, the closest pick for actual Queen of Canada, right, because she's like the they're like, you know, kind of part of the cop They're part of the conte, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she was alive at the time, but Romana claimed, no, she was not. She had been executed previously, like in twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen or something. I don't know exactly when she says the queen was executed, but sometimes Romana would claim to have executed the queen personally, to have actually killed the queen herself. And you know, this is the case with a lot of faith, like for example, Joe Biden, who's the president When she starts her thing, No, no, no, he's not. He was executed. He's been replaced with a fake Trump's running or actually not. She doesn't believe Trump's running things. She believes the King of America is running things. Phoenix, Biden's a fake. Yeah. She first started to gain serious notoriety as a result of her imposition of the death penalty on basically every medical professional in Canada, but as time went on, her regular threats of execution and death became a key marker of the movement. As I noted earlier, followers began describing themselves as duck hunters while posting pictures of their purported firearms, to the extent that any strategic thinking was at play at all here, I think part of what Romana was doing with this initially was trying to expand her fan base into the United States, and he half aware cult leader has to know that we're where the big bucks are.
Speaker 2: Money.
Speaker 1: You're just leave money on the table if you don't think of a way for crazy Americans to follow along with the alternate reality game that you've turned your life into.
Speaker 2: Rightly down there, right around the point you have to go get it.
Speaker 1: Got to get involved, right you gotta try for some of that cast. She would send messages in her telegram that read quote American brothers and sisters in parentheses, gun owners and all American military veterans, please be ready to load those four by four flatbed trucks and trailers of yours just in case I, Queen Romana of Canada decides to issue a special royal invite for you all in a short notice hashtag duck hunting. Oh and please bring extra guns and ammo oh man, So that American brothers and sisters gun owners.
Speaker 2: When I say American brother guys with God.
Speaker 3: Was American brothers and sisters. And I thought, and I thought of those like fucking clowns, those like racist people that had those guns. That couple that had guns at that protest.
Speaker 1: The American military. Wy do you need a bunch of random Americans with guns to kill American.
Speaker 4: The most were I the most maga pilled person. I would get this and be like, we have to go, like, we're gonna have to go.
Speaker 2: See what is this?
Speaker 1: Is them taking my guns across the border, not me going like Queen said.
Speaker 4: I would be like the hit, We're going, we have to go, Like let's just we have to go, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's just the little gun lady still yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, okay.
Speaker 1: So uh. In late twenty twenty one, did you Loo brag that she had about one hundred duck hunters ready to do her bidding. A telegram group was briefly created for these followers, and, according to our friends at the QAnon anonymous podcast was immediately infiltrated by researchers, which probably goes part of the way to explaining why that group is defunct now. The larger part of why that group no longer exists is explained by the following story. On December third of twenty twenty one, one of the Queen's followers was arrested after making threats to shoot people at his daughter's school vice quote. The post was made inside a private chat for Canadian duck hunters. The post featured the details of his daughter's school, which was offering vaccinations to their students. He wrote time to go hunting, bang bang at the end of the post. The post has since been removed. It is unknown why or who took it down. I think I know why or who. I think because this guy got in trouble because again, if I'm a journalist seeing that, or if I'm fucking a mountie seeing that, that's an actionable threat.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Also, I was pretty close with pe Per.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, So subsequent investigation daughters used man. Yeah, his daughter's he's been making her get vaccinated. Queen says I can kill him, shouldn't I?
Speaker 2: You know, she is the Queen. Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: He and his family were all seemingly followers of digitlo, taking her advice to their its logical conclusion. Right. All this brought Romana her first real world consequences. The RCMP aka the Mounties carried out a wellness check on her and she was briefly taken into custody, although no charges wherever filed. Again, these people are never like punished, I would argue, I don't think it's a violation of free speech to say, if you're tellowing your followers go murder all of the doctors for doing vaccinations and then one of them threatens to do a school shooting because of what you said, you're somewhat liable to that. I think you're lying across the bounds of free speech. It's saying that the sovereign leader kill these people. Yeah, that's a bit of a thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was all funny games until yeah, yeah, I feel like I could The wellness check part was I shouldn't have found funny, but was also funny to me where they was like, baby, are you okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, up until twenty the start of twenty twenty two, Romana was a figure of growing importance on the conspiratorial fringes of Canadian politics, but not someone who'd ever impacted the real world in a big way. In fact, the queen had never been seen in public. That all changed in late January when a group of self described truckers began occupying downtown Ottawa. This is what you were talking about, right, The big truck convoys an month really fuck up life in Ottawa for a while. Their demands where shall we say, inconsistent, incoherent, largely motivated by right wing grievances.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: This is not a super rational movement with a lot of like specific things that they want that aren't insane. But there were a lot of them, and for week, swarms of trucks in RVs choked the city like a Boa constrictor, and the sheer spectacle made it the most exciting and potentially lucrative moment in recent history for Canadian right wing figures. Right, this is a thing where Ramana's not on the ground floor of this. She doesn't help start it, but she sees this and she just hears a cash register. Right, there's attention. If I can show up, a bunch of that attention will come my way and I get money. You know, a lot of people this is this is the case, you know, and a lot of things you can talk about on the left wing. We had a version of this during like the twenty twenty uprisings. We were a bunch of grifters who were like, if I just show up at these things, I can start getting a lot of money, right, yeah, you know. So Ramana made the decision to break her isolation and display herself in public for the first time. By this point, she had accumulated a kind of inner circle, right, a primitive one. This is like, we're not fully a cult yet. You've got those trappings, but she doesn't have any like real world followers quite yet. This is what's starting to happen. And the first of them were these people that she'd appointed to moderate her telegram channels. These are kind of her initial inner circle. They were a married couple of genially diluted Canadians named Corey and Daisy. When the queen announced she was going to show up at Ottawa in person to take control of the situation, she pressed Corey and Daisy into service and had them pick her up from her home outside of downtown Victoria, BC. The couple found their queen living in a small, filthy and crowded room more like a storage space than a home. As soon as they showed up. Daisy related later quote. We went out there and then she told us, Oh, don't call me queen right now, because everybody here knows me as Romana and nobody knows that I'm living a double life.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: That's both inconsistent with what she claimed about her roommate previously, but also why don't why don't your roommates know that you're in charge of everything? Why are you secret? You talk about this online like you're not hiding your existence from the rest of the world. Why can only your roommates not know?
Speaker 2: How do you not walk into that and go oh man? And it just turned got coned? We got conned?
Speaker 1: Sorry again because they wanted to have fun, right, I think because they wanted to have fun. That's I think as much thought has got put into it, really like, because these people do leave so they're not total, they're not crazy, they're able to like catch up with reality. I think it was fun. I think at this point it still is. And you know what's really fun?
Speaker 2: Tell me what was really fun?
Speaker 1: Robert sponsors of podcasts Getting your Money and Spending it bus show. Mm hm, we're back. So as you might pick up on by the fact that they talked to the press later. Daisy and Corey get illusioned comparatively fast, and this begs the question, how did anyone fall for this con for any length of time? Yes, and I think there's some interviews that make the basics of what they were doing pretty clear. Did you low end? Her followers were all people who felt like something was missing from their lives. For Romana, this was being a queen because she was not special. She was not someone who the world said was special, right. She was someone who was living on the margins, probably a fairly difficult life, probably a life without a lot of you know, fun to it, because she's struggling the whole time, and not a life in which people are showed deference to her and so becoming the queen, people are suddenly treating her with respect, They're waiting on her hand and foot. There's going to eventually be money in this. But what do where followers get out of it? Well, I mean, I think they are all people who want to play at being the special boys and girls with a special world saving quest.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Ramana offers them a fantasy, and they chose to take it. I don't know how else you explained this level of wilful delusion. And to emphasize that, I'm going to quote from one of Max's articles for Vice, Corey and Daisy drove Didulo to meet about fifty cheering fans at the launch point of her convoy behind Victoria's Parliament building. One person broke into tears upon seeing her. Vice News also attended, and Didulo refused to answer any questions when asked. From there, five vehicles, including several rinted RVs, and about fifteen people began their trick towards Ottawa at a breakneck pace. And you know, just the fact that like you show up and people break into tears seeing you because they're so overwhelmed with emotion at how hopefully like that number one, that's someone who has definitely drank the kool aid. And that's also addictive for some of like Romana, you know, you immediately go to your shitty little horder house to Yeah, people worshiping you. Why would I ever go back home? You know, that's how she's going to react to this. Chris Cowan, a videographer, fell in with the group for a while when they passed through Calgary. He later recalled the pace that they took as aggressive, with Romana micromanaging everyone's position in the caravan. If we were not within sight of the vehicle, we would get a call to go faster.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: This would prove to have been a warning sign for the future. Once they reached Ottawa, Romana and her following which is like a little more than a dozen people, and you know, when you add in the locals in Ottawa, maybe there's a couple dozen people. It's a little unclear to me the exact numbers, but it's not huge. But it's you know, a lot for someone like her to suddenly have waiting on her hand and foot. But they run into conflict very quickly with other right wing protesters because this is a huge movement. There's a lot of people in Ottawa. And while they're all people we might call right wing cranks, most of them don't believe that Canada has a queen who fought off the Chinese military and underground tunnels. Most of them don't believe that. Maybe they're racist, maybe they don't like lockdowns, probably do believe the bullshit about COVID, but they don't believe this.
Speaker 4: You know, you wait, was she run into the resident and they're like wait what no, people say, people say, we crazy.
Speaker 2: She's crazy.
Speaker 1: And this didn't work well because one of the first things she does is, as I noted above, the Canadian government is Canada Ink Corporation, which is an invalid, evil corporation. She's the sovereign Republic of Canada that she's governing. Right, So she burns a Canadian flag, and the purpose of this is it's symbolic of her symbolically destroying the corrupt, corporate Canadian government and replacing it with her own legitimate regime. Right. However, a bunch of angry conservatives just see a woman who is not white light a Canadian flag on.
Speaker 2: Fire always gets you, always super well. I was like, I was waiting for the part to play a role here it is, all.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, so this this causes some tense standoffs and a lot of yelling, and several a chuck of her followers leave at this point. Actually, these are people who had not gotten that deep into it, right, this is just starting. They're like, ah, you know what, this ain't for me. I don't like this lady. I don't like what she's doing.
Speaker 3: And this does na seem very chill.
Speaker 2: See, I ain't know we was going burn flags.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know we were doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's interesting to me is that digitlo's reaction to this. I went back and forth as to like what should you do? Should you apologize, should you try to explain yourself? Should you try and repair? She refuses to apologize and refuses to admit any wrongdoing, and instead starts attacking the truckers because she saw She's very frustrated, right she she sees this as disobedience to her rule, and she also sees she had really been hoping this would go over better for her, that like, this is what's going to make me do a major national figure. I'm going to take over this occupation. Yeah, and this is how all. Maybe maybe she even thought she was going to physically take over the government this way with a huge caravan of weirdos.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: She could have totally just played that so much Cooler'd be like, no, you guys don't understand.
Speaker 2: I'm the queen of action. I'm the queen that's not going to get rid of this bad flag. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, people just aren't playing along. Even Fox News refuses to her humor her because they have no the whatever journals they've got on the ground, has no idea who she is. At one point during the occupation, she comes across a Fox reporter who's interviewing truckers, and she tries to insert herself in this situation. And because she is who she is, she's live streaming this whole time. So she tells her followers, Oh, Fox is requested that I sit for an interview. And then she tries to like barge in and talk to the reporter, and the reporters not at all interested in her, right, And so she's like, don't you know on the Queen of Canada And he's like, oh, I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I didn't Yeah, I didn't know that. I didn't know. Actually, can you just wait right here? Security, like you know, just yeah, we're gonna get to you right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this this goes over really badly. She gets pissed and replies, Oh, make sure your commander in chief in the United States Army knows about it. Again, it's not not.
Speaker 2: In the army for one thing, Joe.
Speaker 1: No one calls it the commander in chief of the army either, it's the whole military anyway, whatever, And again she's Also, I should state when she says, I'll make sure your commander in chief knows about it. She's also not talking about Joe Biden. She's talking about that dude in Arizona. Yeah. On the whole the Trucker Rally was a failure for her movement. Her posts about this period show a deep jealousy more than anything else. She is really unhappy with the fact that, like other grifters are seeing more success than her, and she's kind of being ignor But I'm the queen. Yeah, I'm the queen. Don't you guys know I'm the Queen. Like, come on here, right, queene? Yeah, come on now. So, yeah, you see a lot of jealousy in the stuff she's writing at this time. And I want to give you an This is a quote from her telegram page. The Ancient Royal Families, white Hats, Military and Global Alliance, Galactic and Intergalactic Alliance, Federation of Worlds of Light Beings have been working for thousands of years to free planet Earth. And suddenly you say, truckers.
Speaker 2: Freed the world.
Speaker 1: Get your head out of the toilet bowl.
Speaker 2: Eh. Oh, she just have like a Canadian that's good. Yeah, the greatest oh man, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You guys aren't saving the world. The aliens are bush.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: Of years this plan's been in work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the truckers didn't do anything either, Just FYI.
Speaker 1: Right, right, And this is the kind of thing. This is a failure, kind of for her. She doesn't hugely increase her visibility or her number of followers as a result of this, but it's a success in that she's now just spent days living in RVs, which are definitely nicer than her house. She's got like a dozen or more people who believe she's the queen and are talking to her like she's a god, almost, and she's got hundreds of more followers online sending her money and tens of thousands of people reading what she's saying. Life's good, Life's a lot better now than it used to be. Why don't I just keep let it ride, keep this going? And so she decides, I'm going to continue living in a caravan of RVs with my followers as long as I possibly can. I don't want to go back. So this is there's a little bit of a hiccup here, which is because while they're living in Ottawa, Romana, they rent an RV at least one of the RV I think a couple of the RV's they rent, they use are rented, and when they're renting their RVs, the occupation's going on, and the people who run the rental place are like, Okay, you can't take this to Ottawa for that big stupid occupation thing because all the RV's they are getting trashed. People are like living in filth there and destroying them and we're not going to take that risk. You're not allowed to do that. And they're like, we absolutely aren't going to Ottawa, and then they drive to automediately and they don't realize that like RV's cost a lot of money. The cheap ones are like fifty or sixty grand in a lot of cases, and it's many of them are like more than a quarter of a million, two hundred thousand dollars, one hundred thousand dollars. They're expensive products, right, and you don't rint something like that to a stranger without tracking it. RVP.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the RV people realize and they call them like, you have to take these back immediately, and they do take them back immediately, because she's not the queen and she doesn't want to wind up on the hook for a shitload of money for these RVs that they would have been stolen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, so and already know the already knows you wave the insurance, Yeah wave.
Speaker 1: Definitely, she's not wasting money on that.
Speaker 3: But I feel like that's really interesting to note because that shows a level of like understanding right and wrong decision making and like being a little bit financially where cost it's very interesting to note.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So she has to while these RVs get returned and she figures out how to set up a better situation for themselves travel wise, she has to put her whole cult up in a hotel for like a week, which is strains the movement's finances. They were making money, but it's like thousands, maybe in the low tens at this point, and between renting RVs, paying for gas to drive across Canada, keeping more than a dozen people in hotels, you're gonna run through that fairly quickly. Yeah, And you're gonna run through it even more quickly because Romana started making We just talked about like, well, she's capable of some sort of rationality because that she had them take the RVs back. She's also making objectively irrational decisions with her money. Case in point, and I'm going to quote for black Lamorreau's article here. For a good period that time, Corey and Daisy said Digitlo made them keep a room open for more than three hundred dollars a night, just in case Russian President Vladimir Putin dropped by. I invite President Putin to join the NATO Alliance to continue to preserve peace and prosperity around the world, she said in a telegram live stream from one of her hotel rooms. I welcome you to the Kingdom of Canada. She would later claim that Putin gifted her an autographed watch, an autographed I just got to keep a room open for Putin, Sharby.
Speaker 3: Like, I just love the idea of Vladimir Putin at a three hundred dollars night.
Speaker 1: Sophie, you you're laughing. But I have a spare room in my house that is kept ready at all times in case Vladimir Putin drops by, and I think he will one day.
Speaker 4: At this point, I'm back on the team of the of the of the followers to be like giving, I'll just stay in the room, yeah, until he gives until he shows up.
Speaker 1: Is that cool?
Speaker 5: But give it?
Speaker 3: It's giving leaving the clothes out for l R H to come back.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yes, well there's a lot of there must be frustration because she's a lot of these people are like sleeping two to a room, right, because they are not much money. And there's like an empty room for Vladimir Putin so he can join NATO.
Speaker 2: But she just love NATO.
Speaker 1: I love it all right, yeah, yeah, So the story of the autographed watch from Putin is a good case study and how Digitlo warps an altars reality haphazardly to buttress her delusions of grandeur. She was, in fact brought a watch that looks from a distance like it might be a Rolex, and she was given this watch by a large man who might be Russian named Marcus. I'm going to show you a picture from Christine Stati's study of Marcus handing her this watch. This is great, but there's like this big square jot guy smiling. He's got like a vague military looking jacket on standing next to Romana in her white coat. They're both holding the watch. She has a very serious look on her face. Well, he could next to an RV that has her portrait on it, Queen her Majesty, Queen Rowanna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could just be an extra on that season of Stranger Things, that's what.
Speaker 1: Uh, and it's got You can see her little flag, which is like a maple leaf that says God loves you, which is a nice message for someone who mostly talks about executing people.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 1: I know what you're asking, who's Marcus? Is he connected at all to the Russian government? Is he Russian?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I have found nothing about him other than this photo she took, or has I think she took it. My guess would be that he's a minor figure in the QAnon world. I don't know though. Maybe he's just some guy who would all watch for her and she cooked up the rest and he agreed to play along. Maybe he came to her with the lie. I'm sure it's a fake Rolex. I can't the photo. There's no way that's.
Speaker 2: A real Rolex.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So after the and it's very funny, she's really obsessed in this early period, and this isn't like the last few months before Russia's expanded invasion of Ukraine. She's really talking about like I'm working with Putin to make peace. He's going to join NATO, Everything's going to be fine. He would never invade Ukraine. Putin's on the side of the white hats. You know, we're all working to get rid of the evil deep state cabals.
Speaker 2: Ma'am, you couldn't keep my electricity on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like your followers, Cat died because he didn't have cooling in the summer.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So, as Russia starts to move troops in mass troops on Ukraine's border and then invades, she's before the invasion saying nothing's going to happen, and then once it starts, she takes to the air to tell her followers the Russian army is only in Ukraine to clear out the deep State and no civilians whatsoever. Got you just stop at the deep state again, you'd think that this is an obvious lie made even again some of her followers. There's sizable Ukrainian das for a population in Canada. Mack Lammer will say that, like people were getting calls, people in Ukraine were getting calls from family members who bought into this stuff, being like you guys will be fine, and like that's just gotta be really, really infuriating, furious, so in her article on the subject, Sartaghi writes quote. Digitlo also announced that she and her team were planning a trip to Russia to meet with Putin. For the trip, she and her team were to fly aboard air Force one, the plane used by the President of the United States, which Digitlo said she would be renaming QR one. Months prior, Digito stated that she had been asked for and received air Force one. Digitlo would soon be traveling on QR one, but not before the aircraft was repainted with her insignia. Digital stated that North Korea Supreme Leader Kim Jong un has placed Digitlo's self created flag on all of his government buildings, kept her framed photo next to his, and said that she was personally invited to coordinate a state visit to Pyongyang. Digitlo has also claimed that the Hell's Angel motorcycle Club personally offered to provide her with security, and that Mohammed Ben Salmon, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, is a personal friend and her brother. Digitlo has said that she's in frequent contact with NBS so that he regularly watches her live streams on telegram and he sends her large sums of money.
Speaker 2: This he is wonderful, like, oh man, great, great, great stuff. Man covered everyday.
Speaker 1: You got them all? You got them all.
Speaker 2: I'm the homie is sending you money. First, why can't you just buy r v's you know, why are you renting them?
Speaker 3: It's not even But if NBS has said, here's so much fucking money, why are you Why is there three people to a hotel room?
Speaker 5: Why is the hotel room a three hundred dollar hotel room?
Speaker 2: Where's the main? Where the one go?
Speaker 1: If he gave it to you? Also, why do you need a Hell's Angel security if you're the commander in chief.
Speaker 2: Of the listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 4: Because she good in the in the in the office, and she good in the streets.
Speaker 2: I got them both. I got them.
Speaker 1: She's got to both set out right. Sometimes you sometimes you need to roll with some light, with some guys who know to get things done exactly. You know, that's right?
Speaker 5: Okay? But then what put keep goingsters? Then what happens?
Speaker 1: There's no Canadian gangsters? Prop there too polite?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're right, yeah?
Speaker 1: What are they doing? Smuggling maple syrup. Come on, I know there's you guys can commit.
Speaker 5: Murder the rest of this story. I'm dying here, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So, as her semi permanent road trip rolled on, Queen did Julo continued her well worn tactic of recording live streams and YouTube videos and posting on telegram. She became me became increasingly open about her real origins, which, of course we're not as an orphaned Filipino immigrant, but as an alien from outer space. The website Wrapper interviewed Christine Sartaghi for an article on Queen did Youlo quote. She has talked about being from the plant an arcteriss, so there's an alien element to this. Ti explained. She thinks that she has been sent here in sort of a divine way from God, Master Creator, that she has been sent here to save people. Did Youlo does not shy away from claims like these and online videos. The Arcturians are the most advanced, like the Yoda, she has said. The Arcturians. Yes, they're the most advanced like the Yoda. Yoda, Yoda, I think like Yoda from the Star Wars movie. She just says the yodas that's not his species. I don't name man that's his name. I don't think the species is the Yoda's, although I don't know that we have a name for the species. It's probably somewhere in the expanded lore or some ship. Maybe they reton that.
Speaker 2: Either way, this is not the Yoda worked.
Speaker 3: I've been in an episode and I'm really sorry to listeners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is so funny.
Speaker 6: From the Marks, Yeah, from the Marks, my god Yoda.
Speaker 1: She has said, I am not a dictator. I am guided the highest divine beings, and I am here to deliver peace and prosperity.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Sure, Okay, that's believable to me.
Speaker 2: Go off.
Speaker 1: I think that's all real, you know, And I think that's a good place to end part do We'll come back next week. This rand a little long with a third part er, and then next week we'll also have a separate, a one part episode, so you'll get your two episodes next week. Don't worry, worry, folks. I can't wound up having a little bit too much fun with Queen Romana. It's a nice little break from all of the crimes against humanity and murders. She's mostly talking about.
Speaker 3: To try to calm down before part three. But I can't promise.
Speaker 1: Anything, Sophie. Sophie, take some of the wisdom of the Yoda. You know, relax or don't relax. There's no trying to relax.
Speaker 2: Relax.
Speaker 3: I am okay, listen to Hood of Politics.
Speaker 1: You're you're you're tight with the Yoda.
Speaker 3: I'm tight with the Yoda.
Speaker 2: The Yoda, Yoda, the Yoda.
Speaker 5: The Yoda.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yes again. Do we believe that, I know, we believe it's real. I know there's people who believe Yoda is real. There's people who believe that all of the fiction stuff is real.
Speaker 3: I wish Yoda was real, so cute.
Speaker 1: Don't don't tell people things they don't you know, you can't make jokes. You can't have fun in the world. There's too many people who will just believe whatever crazy stuff you say. It's it's it's it's unfortunate anyway and has an island in which children are hunting for sport by the wealthy. You know, go out into the real world and take action based on this totally true thing that I told you, not a lie and not just a bit for a podcast.
Speaker 5: Rory fucking cut that.
Speaker 1: Robert, keep it in, Rory, keep it in, Keep it in, Rory, Robert, Yeah, it's okay. We've said it's a joke.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 1: I keep it in, Rory, keep it in.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 3: Behind the Bastards is a production of cool Zone Media. For more from cool Zone Media, visit our website Coolzonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Full video episodes a Behind the Bastards are now streaming on Netflix, dropping every Tuesday and Thursday. Kit remind me of Netflix. You don't miss an episode. For clips in our older episode catalog, continue to subscribe to our YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash at Behind the Bastards. We love about forty percent of you, statistically speaking,