Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Getty and now he Armsrong.
Speaker 3: I just got off my rocket ship motorcycle from my adrenaline is very high, live from studio.
Speaker 2: See a dimly lit room deep within the bowels.
Speaker 3: Of the Armstrong in Getty Communications compound that now has a rump rooum attached to it.
Speaker 2: And today we are under the title of the show, no.
Speaker 1: Prisons, free healthcare, a socialist paradise on the ballot, or if you prefer Europe's Biden says La frontera is secure, which is Spanish for the border is secure.
Speaker 2: Very good, The border is closed. The border is secure. There you go, fantastic. So we have to acknowledge right off the back.
Speaker 3: Katy Katie the news lady, rejoins the Armstrong and get officially.
Speaker 4: Who am i and what am I doing here?
Speaker 2: Who is an owl mom and has a baby? How old your baby?
Speaker 4: No, he'll be three months next week.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I was telling Katie before the show, and you know the maternity leave. I'll be back, you know, end of July. And I was like, oh my god, that's a long time from now. I remember thinking that here we are, time flies crazy.
Speaker 2: It was weird.
Speaker 4: It flew by and it crawled by at the exact same time.
Speaker 2: That is the entire kid experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hours dragon, the year's jerk, as they say, or the years fly.
Speaker 3: Have they ever nailed that down? Because we always talk about the whole time speeds up as you get older.
Speaker 2: But what's the what's the every day seems like it's four days.
Speaker 4: I think it's the exhaustion.
Speaker 1: But but five years seems like two months. What is that whole thing with kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That reminds me of that hilarious video of the toilet paper in the grocery store aisle thirty two equals twenty four, which equals twelve, which Eagles says that, Yeah, it's just nobody knows. Nobody knows. There's gonna be a reason we're built that way, I would assume.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Cool, Well, good to have you back, Katie, very excited to get back. Indeed, Yeah, this is the first time.
Speaker 3: Were in full strengthen quite some time with a variety of illnesses and vacations and all kinds of things like.
Speaker 2: That, so groovy.
Speaker 4: Everybody watch out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding, everybody watch out. The good news, of course, is Joe I think hinted too. Did you hint two in your titles or not? Donald Donald Trump announced the Strait is open today, So that is very exciting.
Speaker 1: No, weirdly, that was the one I left out. I was going to go with that, but when with the borders are secure instead? But yeah, I was gonna say, good news, the straits are open.
Speaker 3: Yes see, the President announced the Strait is open today. Here's my breaking news. The state will not be open.
Speaker 1: It is not in any ways whatsoever and will not be but go ahead, fifty says s all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what's going on there relationship to the truth. We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 3: And of course it's communist election day all across the country, so that's exciting. Get a few communists in office, see how they're doing. Listen to some of their crazy plans.
Speaker 1: If they were only communists, that'd be fine, but at least a handful of them are about Islamists too. They absolutely want to get rid of the Constitution in favor of sharia law.
Speaker 2: Not a fan speaking for myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what was the other thing? There's another one on there. Maybe the wind of riding my motorcycle to work at a high rate of speed blew it out of my head.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what happened. I was trying to think of. I don't know.
Speaker 3: My son's going to the New Spider Man tonight. I know he's very excited. That's his headline in his life. He's going to a New Spider Man with one of his friends, which sets some sort of box offer at box office records over the weekend. Right, Yeah, so I'll keep you up to speed on the Spider Man movie. Which do you think is the most exciting of the communist race is going on today? Almost having a communist governor. Well, they're not going to win, but major party can it is? I said yesterday, the craziest major party candidates we may have ever had in our entire nation's history are going to be elected today, which is a pretty big deal.
Speaker 1: The Wisconsin race is mostly amusing because it's a governor's race. Wisconsin is like so many states, It is a couple of deep blue blotches and then in an immense, you know, acreage of red. But the wackadoodle girl running for a governor there. I don't think she's gonna do much to harm America. She'll be a miserable failure, etcetera. L said in Michigan, Now that is one worth watching. He is dangerous, he's smart, he's ruthless, he's an avowed Islaminist.
Speaker 2: He's dangerous. You don't think he could win, do you? Yes? Yeah, I don't think he will, but I think he could. Wow.
Speaker 1: Mike Rodgers is polling ahead of him, but not nearly enough for comfort. Granted, a single state poll tends.
Speaker 2: To be iffy. They don't pull a.
Speaker 3: Lotus the classic events, my dear events. Who knows what's going to happen between now and November right exactly? And I just I'm gonna channel a little sung too here. I would rather overestimate my opponent's capabilities than underestimate them and be smarting from a costly historic defeat in the morning. If I got on my scale, I did. I did say it's some sort of record over the weekend. I would I should have. I should have entered a contest. Yes, I don't know. I'm on pregnanzone for an odd reason. Katie and pregnant Zone Jo justin. How do you remember what your dose was you were taking when it didn't have an effect on you? Because I've had different doses, not the higher dose. Man, it's like it makes you like a bear.
Speaker 4: I have to tell you. I just don't even there's so much more of me to love right now after having a kid. I don't want to hear it out of either one of you. You don't look like it.
Speaker 2: It's you know, you're fine. It's God's plan, you guess God.
Speaker 4: After losing eighty pounds prior to getting pregnant and now having like thirty to lose, it's like, good God, Almighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well you'll.
Speaker 4: Get I'll get it off. But I don't want to hear it out of either one of you right now. You both look great.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, let me lift up my shirt for you. I'm uh yeah, pregnantzon't gave me all sorts of energy, but it didn't make me ravenous like you. You know, I I got to admit it was unkind. When you were at the State Fair and they put a blue ribbon around your neck.
Speaker 3: Right next to them, I'm walking to the animal barn they put the blue ribbon. On my second I said, I'm not even in the hog competition.
Speaker 2: That's not a hog. This embarrassing. That is a gentleman who was just walking by rush. So you're calling me a pig. A mistake has been made. Yes, we need to correct this air at once.
Speaker 3: This is multifying well so, but to see the difference is Katie, You've got.
Speaker 2: Every like the best reason in the world to gain way.
Speaker 3: I mean, Mohammed, It's all part of the process of keeping the baby healthy and all these different sorts of things.
Speaker 2: I was just a guy at the state Fair with no self control. Those are different things.
Speaker 4: And he ended up in the hot contest and wanded.
Speaker 2: Up walking by the hot contest with a blue river. If you're gonna get in it, win it. Shane, right, Shane. It was.
Speaker 1: It was late Saturday when we were sitting there watching the State Fair hypnotist with my big tub of Mit chocolate chip ice cream.
Speaker 2: I thought, this small life is? Is this where I saw.
Speaker 1: Myself when I was a young man with that watching a state Fair hypnopist eating a big bowl of ice cream after all the other crap I've eaten.
Speaker 4: For so I want a big corn dog that's been on my craving list, Fir.
Speaker 2: I had one. It was good.
Speaker 1: It was as good as you were imagining. Here's a compliment for you, Jack. In the demographic of people who are sitting there shoveling ice cream down their throats, you're the only one with all your teeth.
Speaker 2: So well done. It was.
Speaker 3: It was quite the crowd because it was the nine o'clock show, like the the Dark Time one, in the fact that you have to be sixteen to watch it because it gets sixy.
Speaker 2: I guess we didn't stay for the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I just watched enough of it for my kids to get because they thought that only happened on television. They didn't know that that sort of thing happened in real life. Yeah, it happens in real life, son. People gathering crowds like this to watch this sort of entertainment since I was a kid till this moment. That's a head scratcher for me. The whole hypnotist thing. People, Oh yes, they do exactly what he says. It seems nutty to me.
Speaker 2: Did you go up on stage Jack let him hypnotize you?
Speaker 3: No, man, I was ducking my head so hard because I always get picked for things, always, always, always, always, anytime there's a somebody in the crowd, you sir, it's always me. And my family laughed so hard when I get back because it's always me. I don't know what the look is on my face, but I kept my head down. I was really making sure I didn't make any eye contact. But the kid next to me fellas that got hypnotized sitting next to me.
Speaker 2: In the room, he just like she was talking to talk and his head went down.
Speaker 4: My buddy, my buddy got picked for that.
Speaker 2: And he he said, I.
Speaker 4: Don't even know what happened to.
Speaker 2: Me up there?
Speaker 4: What Yeah, I I which I didn't buy it, but he.
Speaker 2: Don't buy it either. But it happens. And I've talked to people who've said it happened to them.
Speaker 1: It's got to be there's a genetic tendency, neurological something or other. It's like being left handed or good at music or something or what.
Speaker 2: I thought it was an IQ thing to a certain level. I don't know. Yeah, minded, you know, like I was gonna go there. You can say it. You're new with child, go ahead, Yeah, you're weak mind, Like my brain won't let.
Speaker 3: Me do that, yeah, right, Or I suppose if you're gonna twist it around, you're you're not trusting enough, or you're too cynical. I guess if you're gonna flip it on its head, maybe because I'm you know, sharing those things. Let's start the show officially. I do need to tell that story maybe in the podcast later. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Tuesday. It is election day for communists around the country, August the fourth year, twenty twenty six, where I'm strung in getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Then let's start the show official late according to FCC rules and ranks, here we go.
Speaker 3: At Mark, you said Americans should cancel Thanksgiving. Should have done this in sixteen twenty one.
Speaker 5: Thanksgiving is also a time that's incredibly painful for many people in our communities, and so I think there I wanted to make sure that people understood that there are multiple views, but views can evolve.
Speaker 3: Which one are black job communists is running on ending Thanksgiving because it's so painful.
Speaker 1: The word that leaves to my mind is charisma. Wow, she could be hypnotized. That is Francesca Hong, who is running for governor of Wisconsin. She is a communist, got a good issue and Dullsville, Jamie, God, dang it.
Speaker 6: What is it with these people in their wafing. It is obtainful time from many people. All I me, me, me, me, yourself, hate your country?
Speaker 2: I did, I hate you?
Speaker 4: And he's very orcus of her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 3: And when you look at your issues, of course, the painfulness of Thanksgiving always ranks very high, right.
Speaker 2: Up there with the inflation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, job security and food prices. Yeah, it's all those things fit together.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Katie is back and we're going to get the headlines coming up in a bit and get into some of the news of the day.
Speaker 2: The President did say I don't know how he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Rhetorically handle this today, but he did say yesterday the Strait will be open tomorrow, which is now, And I mean he stated it definitively yesterday that they want a deal. They've got some sort of deal in the Strait will be open.
Speaker 1: So I don't do the prediction market thing, but I'd be curious to gaze at it and figure out what's sure it'll be open.
Speaker 2: What's that trading for how sheep. Can I buy that?
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny, I think like everybody on his side and not on his side, just kind of action of that was kind of yeah, whatever, So people shouldn't just say yeah whatever.
Speaker 2: To the president announcing something that major.
Speaker 1: I just came across on a similar topic, some very learned analysis of why the recently announced giant breakthrough with a moss and the piece has begun. It's just it was just it's not going to happen. Okay, I can't have it, And I thought, what's the point in reading this. I did read it.
Speaker 2: I thought I'm not even gonna bring it at the show because it's so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I haven't heard that far end of the story. I just assumed that was the result. But there's lots of course it is. There's lots to get to today. I hope you can stick around. Thanks for joining us. Doing some back to school shopping with the kids, which is a reminder that it's that time of year already. As speaking of time going by, Oh boy, howdy? Yeah, absolutely right. All right, so much to talk about. Let's get started.
Speaker 1: Who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie gringing Katie.
Speaker 4: All righty, let's start with the alphabet networks ABC dimplomatic efforts to end war ongoing, Katari official says Fox News. Trump says he is giving Iran quote every last chance to reach a deal.
Speaker 2: Clearly, i'd say, and CBS.
Speaker 4: Trump threatens Iran with quote decapitation as who do he's claim strike on Saudi airport?
Speaker 2: So what's this whole Aman Iran deal?
Speaker 3: That they announced combat between Oman Ron, that they're going to open the street with tolls the two of them, Like, we're not involved. I don't know what's going on with that, which has been called a non starter by the President.
Speaker 4: From NBC. Man accused of arson in the three biggest fires in Washington one guy, Yeah, guy.
Speaker 2: What's his job situation?
Speaker 4: Uh, they're not releasing a whole lot of details about him other than that he's been accused of.
Speaker 3: The climate change, hates his parents, crayon's what's his deal?
Speaker 4: I will tell you I spent some time in Idaho and the air quality is you can't go out side part of the country, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In answer to your question, Jack, probably all of the above, Yes, you get the order the variety pack. Yeah, I'm trans and I hate capitalism, also development, I'm pro environmental and hate Israel because I have to.
Speaker 2: It's the permanent.
Speaker 4: Omnikaus from the Washington Post how Trump's claims of vandalism at the renovated reflecting pool have crumbled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a rupt situation.
Speaker 3: So it kind of reminded me of the legal challenges to the twenty twenty election when some of the people that were saying strong things about the vandalism Jeanine Piro ended up in a courtroom and would have been in legal trouble to say something that's not true.
Speaker 2: Their story was different. Yeah, they had no case.
Speaker 1: What was different about this one is she said in various filings, we're misled by Interior. There's no evidence here. We're not prosecuting this case. And Trump has been making the still saying there's a vicious, vicious vandalism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, great.
Speaker 3: It's not the issue of the day, though, I mean for crying out loud mainstream media.
Speaker 2: Good lord.
Speaker 4: From the war from the WNBA from Breitbart. WNBA coach who wore quote trans kids belonged shirt fears that men are.
Speaker 2: Taking coaching jobs, right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it we're for inclusivity if it's people exactly like us, diversity meeting more people like me.
Speaker 3: Somebody tweeted at us last night. We shot out yesterday because we talked about it several times. The idea of some dudes got to come play in WNBA to end this look Dave Chappelle's bit about Lebron playing in the WNBA.
Speaker 2: We need to play that again later.
Speaker 4: This one's for you, Jack. New York Post entire theater evacuated during Spider Man's screening. Do two moviegoers uncontrollable bout of rotten flatulence?
Speaker 3: Did they have that ulsteria or whatever the heck that's called names cyclists or bad lettuce, bad.
Speaker 2: Lettuce in the name of the Spider Man man that's going to an aggressive scent.
Speaker 4: Study finds this one's not good. I shouldn't be laughing. Most eighth graders don't think that trying fetanyl once is a big deal.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, you do. Not all your kids think of that? Good Lord, how did they come to that conclusion? Man? I've talked to my kids about that over and.
Speaker 3: Over again, about how just anything could have a little bit of fentanyl.
Speaker 2: Inn it's all it takes to kill you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, game over. Finally, the Babylonde terrorists are feeling dumb for ramming twin towers when all they had to do was run for mayor.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, that's some dark humor. But good oh.
Speaker 1: That reminds me we haven't gotten to the story. Thousands of nine to eleven families are saying, Mamdonnie, don't come to the memorial.
Speaker 2: You're rooting for the wrong team.
Speaker 3: So we'll go deeper on a whole bunch of those news stories. The New York Times piece about the Iran peace deal is pretty interesting, but specifically they're quotes from the administration there is. They're anonymous as usual, but if they're true, I find them highly troubling. Among other things we'll get to if you miss the segment. Gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: On demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: Those cyber attacks against critical infrastructure in this country are spreading. Federal officials are now concerned water and wastewater utilities in at least a dozen states may have been compromised. So far, there have been no widespread disruptions. One of the affected states, Michigan, saying there are no known impacts that pose a public health concern, But the fear is Iran is showing its capacity to retaliate as President Trump threatens a possible escalation of the war.
Speaker 3: Now, I forget, where did the original idea that it was Iran come from? That was our intelligence agencies came up with leaves. Yeah, which Trump said then the other day, doesn't need not sure it's Iran. I was just reading where last year now Americans lost almost a billion dollars from AI related crimes on how easy it is to hack Indy with AI because you just any numb nuts can say, hey, claude, how.
Speaker 2: Do I you know do this?
Speaker 3: Or that you don't have to be a super genius anymore and just brought that up because you know, maybe it's not Iran.
Speaker 2: Could be so many options out there now in the modern world.
Speaker 3: But for intelligence people say it's Iran, a country we're at war with, So it makes sense that's something that's not twelve states.
Speaker 2: So we'll keep our eye on that story. Certainly sounds like a warning shot to me.
Speaker 3: So I wanted to just bring you this little piece and then we'll move on from the Iran war from the New York Times, because I find this troubling to me, it's all about the whether they get a nuclear weapon. I want to make sure they don't. I really I don't want them to change or the Trump administration to change on that. According to The New York Times, in private comments, some officials doubt there will be a nuclear accord, and then mister Trump may simply declare, as he has suggested in the past, that Iran stockpiles should remain buried under the rubble created after an air and attack on three nuclear facilities in June and twenty twenty five. That was Midnight Hammer, Which then, why did we need to go through epic fury and tolls and gas prices and everything else that we've done since then.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But inside the Pentagon, the New York Times says some senior officials are skeptical of the emerging Oman Iran arrangement for opening the Strait. I'm sure they are, and worry that it amounts to a capitulation to the Uranians. What the fact that the Strait was open to free transit prior to the war and then would be a toll booth run by one of the worst regimes on earth. Yeah, I'd say that's a capitulation if that ends up happening, and it's always worth repeating international waters, Yeah, the only international waters if some big dog can force them to be And maybe we're not willing to do that in Europe.
Speaker 2: Certainly willing to anyway.
Speaker 3: So if those comments are true, that Trump might decide, you know what, we've done enough damage to the nuclear program. They can't get a bomb any time soon, which is probably true, but it's a long way short of various things. He was talking about going in there and taking out the radiation dust or whatever the heck.
Speaker 2: That term is.
Speaker 1: Right, So that's where we are. Yeah, it could look very, very different than three months. I found myself thinking about the various efforts to decriticalize the Straits of four moves, meaning developing alternate roots, pipelines, other places to take the oil, other ways to sell the oil, just diminish its importance. And that could be in three months, six months, five years, that could be the result, and nobody decides it's worth the trouble to whack your end hard enough to let them release the straits. So instead we just price it in those who are desperate to use the straits of hormones and then anybody who's got an alternative exploits that alternative.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of it is going to be the world is going to figure out a way to work around the straight of Wore moves. So there they're leverage and all the money to make it off. It is dissipating as it goes building pipelines and coming up with other ways to do it.
Speaker 2: But as a.
Speaker 3: Political issue, I'm not sure the average person gives a crap as usual. And if the war ended in gas prices start coming back down, that'd be good enough for most people.
Speaker 2: I would have to guess, regardless of the outcome.
Speaker 1: So more importantly, perhaps as I'm getting ready to launch into this account of the Kremlin's new recruiting tactics, as I was going to switch to the Russia Ukraine War, the pop up ad in the Wall Street Journalist for what appears to be a five hundred dollars toaster.
Speaker 2: What to do spread?
Speaker 1: But does it applies heat to bread to make it more crispy? It appears to be a stainless steal. Oh just switched out to what is this now? Some AI thing for my retail estaff.
Speaker 3: Well, I just five hundred dollars is a bit much, But you know, my jihot against cheap Chinese crap. How many twenty five dollars toasters have I had in my life that they'll enough.
Speaker 2: To buy a five hundred dollars stainless steel.
Speaker 1: One practically the cheap plastic handle breaking off at some point because it's made of the flimsiest, crappiest plastic on earth. Right, you could toast the bread on your forehead. You get so pissed off and that happens, I hear you. Yes, Okay, what Katie.
Speaker 4: Gone from old men yelling at clouds to old men yelling at toasters exactly?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, hey, listen, sister, I remember what my mom's crip.
Speaker 3: I remember what my grandma's toaster looked and felt like that's a piece of equipment like GM.
Speaker 2: Made it or something. Oh yeah, yeah, I tell you what.
Speaker 1: You could toast some bread, beat a guy to death with it if you broke into your house, then toast a couple more pieces of bread that was solidly made Detroit Steel appliances.
Speaker 2: Ohs for better times, huh.
Speaker 3: Anyway, what'd you say about the Ukrainian War?
Speaker 1: Well, Russia is now desperate for men, idiots, the suicidal to man their front lines. So not only are they buying more meat puppets from North Korea to be slaughtered nearly immediately.
Speaker 2: That's a rough term.
Speaker 1: But in Russia's smaller towns and cities, military recruiters have resorted to detaining men on the street, essentially waylaying them outside their place of work or under the pretext of routine document checks, they bring them down to the nuclear the military recruitment office, where the men are threatened and beaten until they sign up for the war. Russia is already offering life changing sums of money, but nobody wants it anymore. They're running out of guys who are signing on. What's the old timey term for that, impressed, Yeah, impressment and dat I was just reading about that from the Revolutionary War era.
Speaker 2: God dang it.
Speaker 3: So you walk out of your workplace and there's a couple of Russian dudes there say hey, we need to talk to you, and you don't have any option of running or not talking to them. I mean, you need to come down the station. Next thing, you know, and you're on the front line and as we've learned the life expectancy on the front line now is about twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So here's this bloke in some small town in Russia where his buddy essentially said to him, Yeah, I gotta go down to the police station. They want to check my papers. Oh my god, or bureaucratic crap. Well, when he arrived, two military recruiters waiting for him carried him off to the recruitment office, where he's beaten.
Speaker 2: On the liver and kidneys. He was able to intervene.
Speaker 1: Oh, his friend was able to intervene and force the man's release only as he was being transferred to a medical exam. He says, quote, if I'd come two hours later, they would have already taken him away.
Speaker 2: He'd have been gone.
Speaker 3: Well, what's the beating him for, just because that's the Soviet style?
Speaker 2: No beat him into signing up.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see to get you to sign I've never understood, clearly, there's a reason for it, because every regime does it. I've never understood the beating confessions out of people when everybody knows the confession was beating out of you, or beating somebody into signing up for the military.
Speaker 2: When everybody knows you were beaten into doing it. What what what? What?
Speaker 3: What step do you accomplish by doing that?
Speaker 2: Terrorizing people?
Speaker 1: We've discussed this in the context of Putin shoving people out windows. Everybody knows he's having people whacked and tossing them out the window, whether they're pre shot or beaten or just a nice fresh toss out a tense story window. It's to say, look, I can do it. It's obvious, everybody knows it. And I get away with it. And you resist the government, I'm gonna beat you to within an inch your life. Then I'm going to execute you, and I'll make you sign a confession that says yes, I did it. That's the way we run things around here.
Speaker 2: Keep it in mind.
Speaker 3: You have you ever read Darkness at Noon by Arthur Kessler. It's the classic of the genre. Sounds familiar from way back in the Soviet days. Oh man, it's a short book. It's a it's if you ever wanted to know about this thing, beating confessions out of people, That's what that whole story is. And it's the best ever. But holy crap, that is horrifying.
Speaker 1: Russian losses on the front now reach an estimated thirty to forty thousand killed and wounded every.
Speaker 2: Month a month. Still yeah, oh that's incredible.
Speaker 1: And just another quick note about how things are looking on the home front in Russia. Afterward from our friends at rough Greens, where we don't have these problems. We are pampering our dogs. And I know you know I always did. I love my dog and you do too. Rough Greens America's number one dog supplement. It makes up for all the stuff your dog's food probably ought to have but doesn't.
Speaker 3: Yep, So you get in a live probiotics, enzymes, mega oils, twenty vitamins and minerals sprinkled on top of your dog's current food, all natural maide in the USA, and you can try it for nothing. Get a free Jumpstart trial bag today. You just cover the shipping. Go to Roughgreens dot com and use a discount. Go to Armstrong.
Speaker 1: You be the judge by that that trial bags. See how you think it treating your dogs. See how your dog's energy and the health improves. Roughgreens dot Com. Use that discount code Armstrong. You just cover the shipping. That's our uff Greens dot Com discount code Armstrong Roughgreens makes any dog food better, longer, happier life from the inside out Roughgreens.
Speaker 3: I just saw quarterback Aaron Rodgers has gone off on Anthony Faucis doesn't pay last week, So I have to play a little bit of that later. Although, if I'm running a football team.
Speaker 2: How about you figure out how to pass the ball down in the field and score touchdowns and stay out of politics.
Speaker 1: Well, oh yeah, I just saw a great headline I can't wait to read. I think it may be taibi that the media can't admit the truth about Fauci because they spent years just bludgeoning, verbally, canceling, silencing anybody.
Speaker 2: Who disagreed with them.
Speaker 1: So they can't to admit the truth about Fauci is to admit their own complicity, and they won't do it. They're gutless, they have no principles. They're self delusional. Anyway, back to Russia, there's this journalist who's got a long Russian sounding name, young woman. On the first night of my recent trip to Russia, driving from the airport at two in the morning, I passed a gas station just outside Moscow. A long line of cars and trucks snaked around it waiting for the ration of about ten gallons of fuel wow around the block. In the wee hours at least the station was still operating. Several others had passed along the way had no gasoline at all, and for a long time. She points out, the Russian authorities could keep the war kind of at a distance from the normal people. They'd remained comparatively insulated from the worst human costs until now. During the weeks I spent in Russia earlier this month, and nearly everyone I spoke to had a drone story. Some had watched drones razoring the sky. Others had heard explosions or seen the fiery aftermath of a strike. And she goes into a bunch of details. Hardly goes by without fresh announcements from Moscow authorities about drones intercepted on their way to the capitol, And she talks about fuel shortages all over the place, serious fuel shortages, panic overgas lean shortages.
Speaker 2: So that's changing as well. But we're four years in, four and a half years in Yeah, the front line is essentially frozen.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, But you got one side to twilling to feed humans beings into it, another side that would like it to end, you know, yesterday, because they got school teachers and doctors still dying out there trying to protect their country.
Speaker 1: And as the old and very powerful saying, one side is fighting with a gun at their back, the other side is fighting with their homes and families at their backs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what an ugly story. We got to move on from ugliness.
Speaker 1: I just think I've got amusement, amusement and common sense coming up.
Speaker 2: Fantastic.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad that somebody is running for governor in Wisconsin on ending Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: That's finally, finally, finally common sense.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Michael, exactly. So we got stuff on the way.
Speaker 2: Sphere, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: A four ton stage piece of a Space's rocket is going to crash into the moon today. I guess it's part of the price of doing business. Will they'll be fine. They're visible by telescope. It'd be kind of a cool thing to see. Oh yeah, that could be cool. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 1: But let's preface it with a contemporary tape of a man on the street asking college students questions.
Speaker 7: What country is Venice, Italy located in?
Speaker 2: For one hundred dollars do you have any clue. Gosh, I'm going to be a teacher, so I should know this. You should Paris. Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh good lord, I just asked a random asking. I asked the guys for a random college student answering your question because I came across this in Tim Sanders sanda For's fabulous book Proclaiming Liberty. This is twenty year old Alexander Hamilton on the topic of was you know the reasoning behind independence and self governance and stuff? And some Tory writer quibbled that New York didn't have a charter with the king. Doesn't matter. You don't have to understand that. Here's the twenty year old Hamilton. It is true that New York has no charter, but the sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written as with a sunbeam and the whole volume of human nature by the hand of the Divinity itself, and can never be erased or obscured by mortal power.
Speaker 2: Now did he sing that to a hip hop beat?
Speaker 8: WHOA, they had money and we wanted it. Whoall, We're a dumb society. To be less dumb, try teach your children not to be dumb.
Speaker 2: Not being dumb, be less dumb. Mail Bag.
Speaker 1: Jopson non dumb note at mailbag at armstrong Egeeddi dot com. Judith Rights on the topic of the Washington State Artists and this guy's he was previously jailed for ten years because he killed his father because he didn't want to do his dishes. I cannot verify that, but it sounds like the sort of thing a psychopathic, youthful offender would do when he was released from prison. Let's see Katie escape from California. Rights on the topic of the new all women's soft but Baseball League. I have one request regarding the women's baseball League. Please don't let men in. I know, I know in today's world that may sound hopelessly old fashioned, but if it's an all women's league, maybe we could just let it stay an all women's league with women who play. And then she says one question. I heard the national anthem performance? Do we have that handy Michael from the the opening day of the new women's Baseball League?
Speaker 2: Oh see can you see Bye bye Wow? Boys?
Speaker 5: So froud?
Speaker 8: But why why.
Speaker 2: All right? Make it sop?
Speaker 1: If we go any further, we'll have to play the whole thing. Maybe we could play the whole thing later. It was definitely it's definitely being called the worst national anthem. That wasn't intentionally bad. That was Katie's question. Was it an accidental train wreck? Was someone trying to make a statement. Either way, it was certainly annoying.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's it's Martha Reeves from Martha Reeves and the Vandela's is who that is what dancing in the streets or whatever her big hit songs.
Speaker 1: Were, oh calling out around the world.
Speaker 2: I am not ready for a brand new beat. If that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Let's see back to the founding papas Scott and Heilsburg guys said. This weekend, I visited Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson.
Speaker 2: Cool. I've done that. I need to do it.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I've been in that area so many times and never went the liberal ben to.
Speaker 1: The tour wasn't quite as bad as I expected, though the tour guide made sure to hammer home that a slave was a slave whenever discussing Monticello's servants workers. What truly bothered me was that when she briefly discussed Jefferson's views on slavery. She touched on his writings about ending slavery slavery, but went on to explain that we don't really know what Jefferson thought about slavery. Having heard Timothy Sanderferr on the show last week, I think we know exactly what Jefferson thought.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he wrote and wrote and wrote about it.
Speaker 1: But you can't admit that as a progressive kp LOOGI keep pushing leftists out of government institution. Scott, Thanks Scott. Let's see Ryan from Houston observes that I took you just a spitball guest Tomit at the National Debt yesterday. I missed by eight trillion dollars. I guess what is it? Around thirty two trillion? Now it's we're knocking on the door of forty trillion. Sure that doesn't sound like a lot eight trillion, but that's ad Elon Musks or five feet of the California bullet train. That's funny, Ryan. We are screamed, you're cracked.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: And then finally, this helpfully from Paolo on the difference between open source and open weight. When we're discussing AI models because they just throw that out at news articles, including news articles to a general audience, without explaining what that means. And maybe I'm the only guy in America who doesn't know the difference, but.
Speaker 2: I doubt it.
Speaker 1: Open source think of AI models as massive physical machines with billions of adjustable knobs. Open source means giving you the complete blueprints and codes to build it, run it, and modify the machine itself from scratch. Open weights means giving you with the pre built machine and the exact knob settings that resulted from months of very expensive training. But you get a fully functional pre train machine. You can adjust those knobs if you want for your specific needs. Thank you appreciate the enlightenment, sir. Then he points out if the AI bubble collapses, the economy is doomed.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for that.
Speaker 3: There was a major update in the Savannah Guthries mom story over the weekend that I missed that Joe brought us to and then it turns out Heather Myers was there like the day after this story broke, with some interesting information all around that we talked a little bit about yesterday. I find it fascinating. I hope you will too. Because we're gonna get into that a little bit an hour too. Yeah, there's a real update. If you miss the segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty