Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod Meets World.
Speaker 2: I'm Daniel Fishel, I'm right strong, and I'm Wilfredell.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to another Pod Meets World on Disney Plus.
Speaker 2: I'm Daniel Fishal, I'm right strong, and I'm Wilfredell.
Speaker 1: Just got a beautiful rendition of Chest Meats World wrong.
Speaker 3: Strong Well was asking if he had one button too low, and.
Speaker 2: I fixed it.
Speaker 1: It looks great now.
Speaker 2: Now the chest is not meeting the woman. No one wants to. Somebody wants a great chest. My god, don't.
Speaker 1: Add that to the list things we won't say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta find my list.
Speaker 1: I still have it in my best recond to bring out that list of things we said justicle, yes, festicles? Stop?
Speaker 2: Is what about wax stinkholes?
Speaker 1: No we have Oh my god, you guys actually just gave me the chill.
Speaker 2: Who are the other ones? They were all from Boyle to Worldly episode laps? Oh yeah, lip flaps is a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we had a but we'll have to look at it wasn't okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah anyway, Well, it is not every day that your best friend turns fifty years old, and if it is every day, you have too many friends. Happy birthday will two weeks ago. For those of you who don't know, Wilfredell turned fifty years old. It's a big milestone birthday for this eleven brother.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, it is the play in the back nine now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: I read something the other day that said midlife is generally characterized by between the ages of forty and sixty.
Speaker 5: So what fifties and new forty? Is that like fifties one hundred and twenty is now elderly? I mean, yes, you're not old, you are one hundred years though.
Speaker 2: No, it's weird. It's weird. It's all where do you feel fine? I feel I mean, I feel fine.
Speaker 4: The weird thing is because of my job. I live in the past. Yeah, because of our podcasts, of our podcast and because I mean it's essentially I'm I'm spending my life and I'm writing a book, and so I'm spending my life living in the past. Right, So in my head I'm still talking about and looking at times I'm seventeen.
Speaker 2: I'm eighteen. I'm not.
Speaker 4: So when I actually stop and I go liked, I'm all gray, and everyone I'm like, well, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm fifty. It's strange.
Speaker 3: Well, so I heard like at some point someone explained to me that there's like a there's like a curve of happiness like that people go through and like the hardest part is like thirty five to forty five, and that you actually get happier, like you just get more content, like more accepting of yourself. And I've definitely found that to be you're the last year or two, I'm like, God, do you remember, like even three years ago, I was like really like not happy a lot of the time. I was really stressed down, and it's like, that's kind of going down. I feel like that's what fifty.
Speaker 2: Means to me, is it's true.
Speaker 4: It's also I mean, a good ten years of my life were taken from by anxiety, and that was so miserable that everything after that is grav So couple that now with the fact that at fifty, I'm kind of like I'm really and I know people say that, especially actors, and get like, Hey, I can say I don't really care what people think about me, But now that I've hit fifty and even forty eight, forty nine, I really kind of don't care what people are thinking about I'm really starting to be like, wow, I don't care that you don't like me on the internet, Like I really don't care, And it's this wonderful kind of release, which is great.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: I still care so so much. Just kidding, No, I care less, but I agree with you. But I also wonder how much of that is that thirty five to forty five for a lot of us, is when you are in the thick of it with young kids, yes, and you're trying to have a career and you're trying to keep with.
Speaker 3: I think it's more about like have I achieve the things I wanted to and the pressure you feel from that, like did I live the life I want? Whether that's your kids or your partnership or whatever it is. It's like you feel like there's like, oh a just and then you just kind of accept like you just get to a point where it's like, well, what's the alternative that I'm dead? Like no, I think being alive. And I think it's just a level of self acceptance that kind of washes over you past forty five that I'm stoked on. I'm like, you know, I'm just okay with who I am and my life.
Speaker 2: Is you do start to realize.
Speaker 4: I mean, you hear these things all the time and they're so cliche, but it's true. Where it's like, nobody ever laid on their deathbed and said, I wish I did better at work.
Speaker 2: Nobody's I wish I had more money.
Speaker 1: I'm going to.
Speaker 2: That episode you a little better? Yeah, posted more more?
Speaker 4: Most you just wish I'm I'm I'm very content in the time I spend with my partner and the time I spend with my friends, and I love what I do, and it's just kind of like, yeah, fifties so far looking pretty great.
Speaker 2: My hips are for no reason, but really are they? Really?
Speaker 1: Celebrate Will's big milestone. He threw a party I had to, but not just any party. This was a big party you spent I would guess you spent more money on this birthday or about the same as you did on this birthday as you did on your wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty close. Yeah, yeah, because you had a pretty small wedding.
Speaker 4: You have had fifty three people at the wedding, and there's over one hundred and fifty people at the party, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So I fed them all, So yeah, I bet bar and the room yeah, we rented.
Speaker 1: That a gorgeous room by the way, So he rented a space that was actually the location of my high school prompt.
Speaker 2: I invited your prom date. He couldn't come.
Speaker 1: I sure did. He invited Lance and his husband Michael, but they were unfortunately out of town. Lance was working, so he wasn't able to come.
Speaker 2: But left room for Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yes, well to that point, Will took this. He took out. He had a prom theme for his birthday party, not any prom. Nineteen ninety four prom. Why you ask, because that is the year that Will would have gone to prom himself, and he never went to prom.
Speaker 4: I did. I went to my junior prom with a girl named Kelly as friends. But senior prom I was on Boy Met World.
Speaker 2: I came back.
Speaker 4: And and nobody wanted to go with me. So I went bowling with a bunch of guys that night. But they were hippies and.
Speaker 2: Were he went home. I guess he was just home. Yeah, I was just home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a show, and there were hippies and they were wearing Teva's tiva or yeah, we call them Teva's Tiva's, and so they didn't have socks on. So they wouldn't run a bowling shoes, so they just.
Speaker 2: Got high in the parking lot.
Speaker 4: That was the That was the night of my prom ninety four or prom ninety four.
Speaker 1: Well, how did you think about how did you feel about this prom?
Speaker 2: This was way better than that. Uh No, it was so much fun.
Speaker 4: I mean again, but the thing I talk about at one point I gave a little speech.
Speaker 2: I didn't I don't like to didn't want to talk that much.
Speaker 4: But looking at the different pockets of my life was really amazing. So I had my you know family there who hadn't been out to California in a while.
Speaker 1: And your parents made the trip.
Speaker 4: They made the trip for the weekend. They were in town for literally like forty eight hours. Oh wow, they flew out. My family was here, and then people like my best friend from camp when I was ten years old flew out, and friends I grew up with in my town in Connecticut.
Speaker 2: And then you know, half of the.
Speaker 4: Cast from the first series I ever did at eleven years old on Nickelodeon flew out for this and that was don't that was don't just sit there. So yeah, there was different pockets of and friends of the podcast and the Tanya Ross came and Christine Laken.
Speaker 3: For me, it was a little bit of a tgif yeah, because it was yeah Lauren Bros.
Speaker 2: Lawrence.
Speaker 3: I was like looking around being like, wow, this is like that we've talked about the like strange like child actor or teen actor camaraderie that we had. We don't even remember meeting these people. We just always saw each other at advance. We'd be stuck at a table during some ABC party or whatever, and it was like it felt like that.
Speaker 2: It's so good to see you. It was.
Speaker 4: It was so it was a ton of fun. It went off without a hit, which not Quod Rider. Your wife Alex was a huge help when he was putting the party together.
Speaker 1: He is a party planner extraordinary.
Speaker 3: She's an excellent producer and travel planner.
Speaker 2: Well, they started at your birth I was.
Speaker 1: Going to say, can we talk about when this started, because it was writer had a birthday party in this past December, and Will said, for my fiftieth in August, I want to have a party, and Alex pulled out her phone and said, all right, let's pick the weekend right now, and she.
Speaker 2: Did and she went okay, so your birthdays the eleventh.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you guys are at a con the weekend after weekend before we're traveling, all right, so it's the weekend of August fifteenth, and I went what she goes, Yeah, your party's August fifteenth.
Speaker 2: She was, give me your phone, and then she.
Speaker 4: Laughed at me because my calendar every day it just says taake pills.
Speaker 1: That's all literally all he has in his calendar.
Speaker 4: And the funny part is ninety percent of the time I forget to take the game. So yeah, my vitamins at all that kind of will take pills, take pill I don't have them. But yeah, so she like she's like, all right, I'm planning the day we're let's find us spot. And then so she and my wife were coordinating and but yeah, your wife was a massive she gets stuff done. So yes, she does very much. So yeah, she's got that mind because it was one of those things where I would have hemmed in had and Ben might have failed.
Speaker 2: I feel like you might have failed or had it at the house. That was the other possibility is just going to throw it at the house, and it would have been the same. This was like prom So it was so great.
Speaker 1: Everyone everyone dressed up a lot of people fully committed to the bit and took the bit even farther than I ever could have anticipated.
Speaker 4: You guys probably didn't even get the best costume of the night. So my friend Roger Craig Smith and his girlfriend Patricia came. Did you notice the two people with the wigs on that were carrying the bikes?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: That so.
Speaker 4: Our favorite movie of all time, or one of our favorite movies of all time is the greatest BMX movie ever.
Speaker 2: It's called Rad Oh yes, yeah, I haven't seen it since I was eight.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, So there during their high school dance scene, the main guy and Laurie Laughlin ride in on bikes and they do a damn to send me an angel on the bike. So they brought they dressed like them and brought the fake bikes like they were crashing the dance.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, God, it was so much fun.
Speaker 1: That is really great. We did talk about it a little bit on the podcast that you had invited Bill Daniels and that Bill and Bonnie were coming. Did you hear from them, because I ended up not making it to the party.
Speaker 4: The greatest part about them not coming, and that's going to sound Strange is ninety seven and ninety nine years old. You know why they didn't come, Why they had another party they.
Speaker 2: Had committed to before. They're amazing.
Speaker 4: They thought they were going to be able to do both parties. And Bonnie had a party. It was like a Golden Girl's Emmy party. And she's like, I'm so sorry, she wrote with this beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: We donated to pause for life for you, and we're so sorry. But we'd committed to this months ago, and I think two parties in the night's going to be too much for us.
Speaker 2: I was like, Bonnie, I get it.
Speaker 1: It makes even more sense why she had originally called and said, unfortunately, we will only be able to be there for two hours. She had worked it out where she was like, all right, from seven thirty to nine thirty, we will be at Will's. Then from nine to thirty we will leave and go unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Well, so unfortunately they didn't make it, but literally because they had better things to do, which is kind of awesome.
Speaker 1: Now, we had said that it might be it might end up being the largest Boy meets World reunion since Matt Nelson's funeral. And this was a happy occasion. I'm just did you invite yas mean.
Speaker 2: Belief I did? And then she came and doesn't believe she was there, Yeah, which is incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had some great We had a ton of boy meets for old people there, and unfortunately some that canceled the day of, like one of our writers, Laura Roynolds, wasn't able to make it. And then right as we were leaving, I got a text from Alex Stays there who was like, I'm so sorry, my girlfriend's ill.
Speaker 2: We got to go out to lunch. I'm so sorry, I'm not gonna be able to make it.
Speaker 4: So we had a couple of cancelations last minute, but it was We had a bunch of writers there, a bunch of producers, a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Tracking came from Connecticut, from Connecticut, unbelievable. We had Jeff Manel there. We had Jeff Sherman there. We had Bob Young there. Yep, we had Mark Blutman there also.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you saw David Brownfield.
Speaker 1: Yes, I saw David Brownfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We had a whole lot of people there. And then you know, Betsy was there and.
Speaker 1: You guys were there her husband John.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Rusty wasn't able to make it, unfortunately, and uh and I this is where like after the fact that God can't believe I forgot to invite them, people.
Speaker 2: Like Dede DeStefano and Steve Hayfer, I.
Speaker 4: Just since I'm not in right and I'm not in contact with him all like every day.
Speaker 2: And then I was kicking myself, like I can't believe I didn't. So did. I love you? I love you.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry you and Steve and all those guys. They you would have all been on the list. I just it wasn't in my head. So yeah, now I wish I could have the lobster here in honor.
Speaker 2: I know you, sure do I know lobs So yes, So it was. But what a night.
Speaker 1: I would like to talk about your prep you really well? First of all, can we talk about what you and Alex spotted on the way to Will's party?
Speaker 2: What are we talking? He took pictures of us Sky writing.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, that's just crazy. So we're in the car and we look up and it says heart Sue, and as you We're like, did Will pay for Susan skywriting?
Speaker 2: Right there? Look at that?
Speaker 1: There's quotable here for you, and I did, and I saw the same sky writing coming from the opposite direction, so I was coming from.
Speaker 2: I paid for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we we Writer sent that photo and Will said, yes, I did that, and then he was like, I didn't, but I do want you to for one second you just.
Speaker 2: Tell people that you that was not me, but that was that was great.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about your prep. We talked about the facts that the fact that Alice really helped plan. You set the internet ablaze with your outfit.
Speaker 2: Because people were like, why didn't write book? It's so like writer to just wear a bowling shirt? Okay people, Hello, there was some real pension, There was some thought behind this. Actually, mostly what happened is all right. There were a couple ideas I had a right.
Speaker 3: First of all, I thought about wearing the kilt that I graduated high school, and we both I thought that that would have been very, very funny to YouTube, right, and nobody else would have gotten it. You two would know that, oh writer graduating in a kilt. We remember that and I still have it. But then I was like, everyone else is going to just be baffled. I'm going to be explaining this all night, like oh, this is the kilt I graduated in Why this is killed? Yeah, it was a weird. So I was then like, oh, I'll just get a tux. So that I was on the road and getting the tucks, you have to like go somewhere and try. And we came home the day before your birthday party. We came home for your birthday party. I'd been on the road for six weeks and a cameraman, so I was like, not, I could have done.
Speaker 2: Like a virtual trying on.
Speaker 3: And then it struck me, why don't I just dress like I did in the nineties on your ad Ridge Tuesday, which is Jenko jeans with my books in the back pocket. Yeah, and a bowling shirt like a sort of sort of like trendy cool.
Speaker 2: And I was able to put this in the perfect middle park. Don't forget the middle the middle park, perfect middle park.
Speaker 3: So I basically just time traveled, went back and embraced the full nineties this and then the the fake Djenkos that I got.
Speaker 2: I couldn't get actual Jenkos.
Speaker 3: I just had to get like, you know, whatever the modern equivalent is fancos.
Speaker 2: They they didn't have the giant pockets.
Speaker 3: In the back, so I had to find books that were small enough to cram in there. But luckily Catcher in the Rye, which made perfect sound, of course, because I did read that in the stead of for the first time, and it was the addition that I actually read. And then I was able to find a Kerouak poetry book, which just because it had Kraak, that's actually what I would have been carrying around in my back pocket every day for years.
Speaker 2: So yeah, worked out, Yeah, it worked out. But I think a lot of the Internet was like wooden to dress up everyone. But the people that got it really got it.
Speaker 1: Come on those of us who know you at all from the nineties walked in and were.
Speaker 4: Like, oh ye, perfect, great, and what about you, Danielle.
Speaker 1: I went on to Poshmark and found a dress from the nineties. Absolutely loved it. It was sparkly, it was blue satiny. I probably should have had it hemmed. The only alterations I did were up at the top end the sequence. They were it was rather voluminous up here, and so I had it taken in a little bit. I probably should have also had it altered, maybe a tiny bit, but anyway, it was.
Speaker 2: It was great that Pashmark.
Speaker 1: And got her dress. She looked spectacular. She was wearing a black strapless gown. I would also like to talk about, uh, your outfit will Okay, you wore a beautiful blue velvet tuxedo. You also had a boot near. Do you know how mad I am that I did think about a boot near and a corsage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did so, and I did the whole thing where I got to she pinned it on me and I got to put it on her wrists and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is so cute.
Speaker 1: You know who else had thought of that was Sabrina Bryan and her husband. Yep, they had a boot near and a corsage Green and Jordan. So yeah, that was I was mad. I was like, why didn't I, Why didn't I go this extra step? You did not take a single picture solo.
Speaker 2: I did not know.
Speaker 4: It was one of those things where I was kind of talking about it like it was a wedding.
Speaker 2: I got to spend six minutes with everybody at the party. Yeah, so I was like.
Speaker 4: Here and here and here and here and here and just run to the point where I thought I was gonna be like is prom night. We got an open bar I'm gonna tie one on. I think I took SIPs out of nine drinks the entire night, and I.
Speaker 2: Don't think I finished an entire time. Oh yeah, no, I know, so you're just kind of running around.
Speaker 1: You had a photo booth, yep, which was spectacular, so much fun, so much fun. To have a photo booth makes a party so great.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was really cool.
Speaker 1: And it's such a cool way of having an album of the party at the end of the night where everyone is like, I don't know, it's just so great.
Speaker 2: They sent me everyone's pictures. Great, I know, so I have the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I can press on just for the whole night, all the photos that everyone was taking I have access to, which is really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, very cool.
Speaker 1: I love that. I thought it was I thought it was really fun. But so I saw you at the photo booth. We were taking, of course, a pond Meats World picture. We took one with our spouses as well, and you picked up a drink that looked like water and I said, is that vodka? And you said, yep, first one I've had all nights.
Speaker 2: Yep. Uh.
Speaker 1: You also had your high school vice principal, doctor and doctor mister Nadanovic, mister Neovich Nedovich, mister Nedovich walking around with a ruler telling everyone to keep space for the Holy spirit. Yep, can we talk about him?
Speaker 4: And the person in mister Nedovich was our actual vice principal, and he was very here's the thing. I walked in and I was shocked because that's exactly what he looked like. Really, And when I said to the guy, that's this, Oh my god, he stayed in character. And the woman who planned it and he came home and she said, oh no, we researched him. So the speech he gave where he's like I grew up in a village in Yugoslavia.
Speaker 2: Really what happened? Oh, and so the guy went.
Speaker 4: And researched mister Nedovich everything about him. Yeah, he stayed in character the whole night. And was mister Nedovich mispronouncing my name? I mean he did everything. It was so and the stuff he was doing and they're announcing, you know, if he's got somebody has a nineteen eighty five Nissan CenTra, like we.
Speaker 2: They kept it the right way the whole time.
Speaker 4: But I walked in and saw him, I was like, oh my god, and that's when the woman said, she's like, oh no, we we looked him up, we researched him, we did everything, because he's mister Nedovich tonight.
Speaker 2: So yeah, crazy he had.
Speaker 4: He'd come around with pieces of tape and he'd rip the tape and go, you're standing too close behind the tape.
Speaker 2: And he put a piece of.
Speaker 4: Tape in front of you and a tape in front of your partner. He's like, behind the tape, behind the tape. So it was just so much fun. It was all the little little thing.
Speaker 3: Not a single song was played post ninety ninety four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had, you had said, what are what's The DJ asked what am I supposed to do if somebody comes up and requests you know.
Speaker 4: And I said, you're supposed to look right right at them and say, who's Bruno Mars?
Speaker 2: He said, gotcha done.
Speaker 1: The music was incredible. Of course, those of us who grew up you know, at that time, loved it. It was so much fun.
Speaker 2: That was a great, such a wonderful night.
Speaker 1: My only note was that it stayed too bright.
Speaker 4: I agree, and I had them dim it and then dimmed it again, like do you keep dimming the lights? Because what we did and that's partially my fault is first of us at the Universal Sheriffs out here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, top floor, twenty first floor, gorgeous city view and mountain like.
Speaker 4: It's called sky the Skylight Room. And what I said was I essentially wanted two parties with the cake cutting in the middle. So first, keep the music low, let everyone eat, you know, talk, enjoy themselves. Then we'll have the cake cutting, and then the lights really come down and everybody parties.
Speaker 2: But they had them. It was too right at the beginning. I agree with the on They should have dimmed the lights even more. Did you guys eat? Yeah, the food is okay, good food is great.
Speaker 1: Wasn't great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't good.
Speaker 1: We did not realize that you had three stations, even though you had told us that. So I had a lot of pasta on my plate, and then I got to the end of the pasta and I was like, there's more. There's tacos and sliders and gliders.
Speaker 2: I a lot of tots. Yeah, it was I was very happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the food was incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Susan had half a slider the entire night.
Speaker 1: What just because she didn't have time to sit down.
Speaker 2: Times like baby you gotta eat. Neither of us had a piece of the cake. Yeah. I didn't have a single piece of the cake. Was it good? It was sweet?
Speaker 1: It was very sweet.
Speaker 4: It was the icing was like yeah, and I went fun Vetti, but I had no funny because I didn't.
Speaker 2: Get to I didn't get no. So, yeah, did the cake all get eaten? There was no leftovers.
Speaker 4: We had a note so we got a cake and a half and then we forgot the entire other half of the sheet cake at the hotel and so they called and there like you want to come back and pick it up.
Speaker 2: We're like, no, just I go give it everybody over. We did. It was the next day after we'd left. They're like so convenient.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I said, have the have the staff And I go, are you gonna throw it away?
Speaker 2: And she's like well unless.
Speaker 4: I was like, can you give to the staff, like of course because it was a brand new like nobody touched it, and she goes, yes, they'll they'll rip into those, like great, let the staff have the cake.
Speaker 2: So this it was delicious.
Speaker 1: It was it was very good. I thoroughly enjoyed a Shirley Temple from the open bar. You paid for yeah, uh not cheap. Nope, not cheap, not cheap at all.
Speaker 2: More more money than your wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, basically as also the first party that i've real birthday party that I had.
Speaker 2: Anything to do with since I was twelve.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I had to.
Speaker 1: Do worth every I think so too, husband, husband of Disney. Plus Jensen had a full piece.
Speaker 2: Of plus Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He had a full character going. He he really wanted to wear a giant suit.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he wore.
Speaker 3: Well, like, I've seen pictures of Jensen as a teenager wearing those exact sunglasses too.
Speaker 1: Those are Oakley's, Yeah, and that's what he wore back in the day, wore those.
Speaker 3: I was like, I feel like this looks familiar, and I think it's because I've seen pictures of him.
Speaker 4: Down to the watch a little bit like the lead singer of Talking Heads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, You're right, a little a little bit. So he had that character going. I also wanted to highlight a few friends of the show, Lauren Lapis.
Speaker 2: And Arden mirrors so funny.
Speaker 1: Lauren went full nineties business woman and Arden wore prop metal braces.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that that's something you could do. I didn't know that either.
Speaker 1: If you think about like what you would need for a TV show, she did it for her book, So they're professionally made.
Speaker 2: Do you just pop a monet? You have to glue them? Because she was she was talking.
Speaker 1: I know they were. I don't know. Maybe they were on a bit like a retainer, you know, like they have a thing that.
Speaker 2: That's so cool. They're both so funny that night to the way they were dancing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had so much fun. Their photos from the photo booth were so great. We've all experienced a party where everything seems to go wrong the day of, and we have done a lot of talking about the fact that will occasionally still deals with anxiety. How were you feeling great really the day of leading up to it? You weren't nervous.
Speaker 2: I was more.
Speaker 4: It was more anxious about making sure my parents were okay and the people that were flying in were getting where they had to be and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: But for the actual party, no, I felt great, Like I really, I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 4: I had a moment of is it too late to cancel all this and get all the money back because this is very expensive. But other than that, no, I had it was. I was fully looking forward to it. I really was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah good. Yeah, I felt good about it. I really did.
Speaker 1: We hired a babysitter for a different babysitter for the first time ever.
Speaker 2: Did it go well?
Speaker 3: We hired our first babysitter ever because Alex's parents moved out of la while this summer, So for the first time we had a babysitter.
Speaker 2: How did it go? Great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a friend's birthday party until about like eight or ninenine o'clock at night, and so it was really only just she put him to bed, Like she hung out with him for a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think they like played a game or something and then he went to bed.
Speaker 4: You can't just bored him like dogs. No, okay, he's drive them up somewhere.
Speaker 2: You bored him? Yeah, yeah, I'm not ready to.
Speaker 3: Be you know actually indies eleven and I kind of fem like maybe I could start staying home alone.
Speaker 1: Not that late, but I agree with you, Like if you got if you and Alex went on a day date, you guys went to lunch and saw a movie. I can't keep you okay at eleven.
Speaker 2: You should be I was on the bus.
Speaker 3: But I feel like maybe we should pressure him to be like, dude, you can have this.
Speaker 2: You just you just sit and watch a movie. We'll be back after dinner. You know, smoke a cigarette, just chill out.
Speaker 1: I just haven't you have a drink?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: Uh, what else do you remember? What are some highlight highlight moments for you looking back over the course of the night the party seeing did you ever have you know, like at your wedding, how you try to take it all in. You take a moment, you scan the room. Were there any moments that you like stopped and scanned and were like, I want to remember that. That's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean again, one of the strangest things that just the visual of it is when so when I was ten, ten years old, eleven years old, sixth grade, I was in love with this girl. So in real life, I was in love with this girl named Shannon Chipley, like in love with her, and on television, I was in love with this girl named Stacy Keenan.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And when I looked up at the party, they were having a conversation.
Speaker 4: So that's where I was like, Shannon Chipley and Stacy Keenan are talking weird, weird, still friends with Shannon, still friends with Stacy. So it was like seeing that was kind of like, man, that's that's a bizarre thing to behold hanging out with my don't you sit their crew where? You know, again the eleven year old in there and they were there and the band is there.
Speaker 2: And all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: It also just shows me how age brings you closer together, because when I did don't just sit there, I was eleven, I turned no, I was twelve turned thirteen on the set, and the band were seventeen or eighteen. It was like, might as well have been forty, Yes, So to now still be friends with them, and now we're all in our forties and fifties, it's like, now it doesn't the age doesn't matter at all. But at the time it was like such a yawning chasm that it was like, oh, I can't, I can't hang out with them. They're awesome and uh so yeah, seeing stuff like that, and then of course seeing my whole family out there and my parents back in LA for the first time in a while, and and you, I mean you.
Speaker 2: Guys, and the whole Boy Meets World crew. It was nobody was.
Speaker 4: It was again, it was all the pockets. It was all the pockets of everybody. It was just really cool. I had my voiceover friends there and it was just yeah, it was really great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was super fun. You also had little drink stirers with your face on them.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: There was a kid candy on the tables. You had your own punch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone spiked the punch.
Speaker 1: And so is that something the principal noticed.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I hope not, but that was so shout out to the shirt and I said, I want to I want to do someone spike the punch and she said, we'll send us the recipe.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm not a bartender.
Speaker 4: And like ten minutes later, she's like, how about this and sent back this whole recipe and it was that's great, and I said I had one of those.
Speaker 2: They're small. I had one of those. I was like, this is actually.
Speaker 4: Pretty very sweet, but I was like, man, it's really good for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was, but it was really good.
Speaker 4: And then we we did the the swizzle sticks. That was Susan's idea, the swizzle sticks with my little head and.
Speaker 1: Face on whiztlesticks were adorable. You also had some disposable cameras we do.
Speaker 4: We we have lost three of them, so I don't know where three of them went.
Speaker 1: So if anybody out there, snake, if you were like one party and have one, please develop the pictures.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we we got nine of the twelve back, so hopefully there's gonna be some.
Speaker 2: And one of the funniest stories is Matti Lawrence comes up to me and he's like, all right, here's your disposable camera back. You're gonna love that to get into the bathroom.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking when you said some of them were missing. I was like, someone didn't want those photos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mat Andandy thought it'd be funny to make me think they brought it into the Bathroot.
Speaker 2: And Andy were hysterical. Oh so funny.
Speaker 3: We're just like, I like hanging out with the two of them, But like, I didn't remember Matt being that funny. Oh yeah, he's like he's gotten like funnier and more cynical.
Speaker 2: As he's gotten older.
Speaker 3: So he because I think he used to be like a little uptight when we were on the set. Yeah, very seriously, and now he's much more like the two of them like they were just tossing jokes and I was dying.
Speaker 2: They were so funny. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I looked over at them at one point and Matt was laughing so hard he was using someone else's handkerchief to clean his tears. He just had tears rolling down his face. Everywhere I looked, people were having the time of their life.
Speaker 4: That's I love to hear. That so great And joe unfortunately couldn't come. Joey was supposed to be there, but.
Speaker 2: I think his baby got sick that.
Speaker 4: Day, and and so yeah, there was it was but I've heard the same thing. Everybody's like, we had so much fun. We were bopping around, We're talking to different people, we were doing this, and so it was it really I couldn't It couldn't have gone any better.
Speaker 1: Well, we also should announce we are in the midst of a prom king.
Speaker 2: M I didn't want to say anything, but nobody. It took three times.
Speaker 1: Nobody, Yeah, who won a rig?
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 1: Did you remember?
Speaker 4: Because they were oh, I don't remember that, but yeah, that was And that was all their bit because originally, so the idea that I had back in the day that I was going to do was I was going to have a prom court where they were going to say, like all right, and we're going to bring up the possible kings. Will Friedel misspelled comes up, and then it was going to be like Joey Lawrence and like all these famous people coming up and me going like, oh, come on, and I was like, I don't know if I want to put anybody else in the spot.
Speaker 2: So the guys like, we got it.
Speaker 4: So essentially it was like the third runner up the first The first two couples like, weren't there?
Speaker 1: Fort thrown out like that, and I go, he was in an accident. Unfortunately he's not here either.
Speaker 2: So Susan and I were the second runner ups. You actually won, which was just yep, there we go. There's one.
Speaker 1: I'm king and queen he was got up there with your little crowns on. And then I'm pretty sure they played boys to men, I'll make Love to you.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I picked the first slow dance, and I specifically i'd love to do this because it is the worst song to slow dance. It's awful, and that's why it's eight minutes. It's closely slow to fast, like you can't do it.
Speaker 2: So that's exactly why I did it? Why did he do this? I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: This isn't all the people that got it got it because like my my friend Matt Mercer, who the from critical role, leaned over to me as were also He's like, you picked the worst slow dance's like this is genius. I'm like, right, this is the worst because you don't know, like do you go slow, do you go fast?
Speaker 2: Do you touch? How do you do this? And so I was like, we're picking stairwo to Heaven. It fourteen minutes long. It's like everything awful about it. For the slow dance, it's like we're picking staoid to Heaven. Yeah, it's great. Well.
Speaker 1: Part of the evening include producer husband of Disney Plus Jensen treating your party like a bar mitzvah, and he walked around to get video messages from some of your cod meets World adjacent friends. There were words of encouragement, statements of love. You have not seen this.
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: You have not seen it either. I also have not seen it. Oh God, Okay, let's check out Will's bar mitzvah video.
Speaker 2: It's nineteen ninety four. Oh Will, Your risk was great, Will Freedom We're always.
Speaker 3: A good boy the mass party, having a great time at your party.
Speaker 2: So I was supposed to wear tucks or whatever, but I just kind of dressed like Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Every single one of these people has.
Speaker 2: Your back, my books in my back pocket. We're here and will spend good birthday. I'm already having a block and.
Speaker 1: You have spent fifty years having the back of everybody in this room.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for being wonderful and loyal friend. We still don't know each other that will.
Speaker 1: You're one of behind, You're one of one. You're a uniporn, always.
Speaker 2: Looking out for me. You know pull remedy of that.
Speaker 3: I've sat behind you in English plants for the last thirty seven years.
Speaker 1: Hard I harkt out, probably can't drunk in the bath room.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad to wear in the same math.
Speaker 1: Pot's so good, You're so fun, You're so kimping.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to talking to you on Girl met Swirl.
Speaker 1: Hope you feel a little bit of our love.
Speaker 2: I'm so proud of you. I'm so glad you found a beautiful one.
Speaker 6: That's so You're the best sad and grandfather.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting for your to little bit of a brom who's my first? The BFET was okay, how many times have you dumped bold and coral Nights? Goodday, celebrityman style, be good? So many friends, many more.
Speaker 7: Happy Birthday. Happy You're fifty, So fun seeing everyone don't fucking to celebrate you.
Speaker 4: First of all, I want to thank my wife, Susan's time of the.
Speaker 7: First bride had since I was twelve, and somebody say, and as fuss this outpt to Alex Bretto for helping to put all this together to.
Speaker 2: We'll also say if I don't win prom king, I'm gonna meet you. Yes, announce, spend the moth.
Speaker 6: Wrong and Queen I'm Grover and Sunday Thompson would be and we were snipping blue the whole Go to the sick alternates, William Indoson and Cynthiasment.
Speaker 2: Parents warned you about being dead, and it did somewhere. I cannot say that's what happened, but they're not out here either. So it's please George.
Speaker 6: To our third and final alternates, will Freedom and Susan.
Speaker 2: We're wrapping down.
Speaker 7: It's been everything I hoped it would be. Several of the couples did not show up. So we won prom King and Queen. The couples are still missing, and we're actually pretty anxious. We want we'll get their pictures out later, and enjoying the win, excited that everyone's here.
Speaker 2: This has been a pretty special night. It was really nice to do this one. Love you, Love you, Louis.
Speaker 1: You should watch it every year on your birthday.
Speaker 2: You should just be like, wow, there's now I'm doing nothing on my birthday.
Speaker 1: It's like when you you know, you get your your videographer tape. After you get married, you get that back, and you're supposed to watch it every year on your anniversary.
Speaker 2: Look at forget we didn't film our wedding. Oh cool, we have we have still shots, but we didn't film that. Weird saved money. Yeah, I don't have a video.
Speaker 1: Well, writer, do you think we have to now commit to fiftieth birthday parties?
Speaker 2: I mean I think yes, but I'm not going to have a like camera crew. I know I want to do something. I mean I don't want to do something to do Yeah yeah, what what do you what?
Speaker 1: Sectual?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I I want to do a big trip somewhere distant, like wilderness with people with a bunch of friends myself.
Speaker 2: No, no, but I definitely wanted to be like, you know, a weekend away. Are we going to be.
Speaker 1: Invited or will we make the cut?
Speaker 2: Maybe you guys wouldn't want to come. I feel like we come for your party or a cabin?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Can I have a pillow? What size is this cabin?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I haven't. I mean you remember did you ever see the movie The Edge? No, I'm supposed to. This is the one you keep about the Bear?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Watch? Okay, I mean it's not but it's great.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so that opens the whole point is that he's having his birthday party by flying everybody out to like this remote cabin in Alaska.
Speaker 2: I thought that would be cool. People dying from a bear. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but that's because they.
Speaker 1: Took a plane trip extra And have you ever seen The Edge?
Speaker 3: I was like, that's what the original plan. You know, Yeah, if the bear attacks, it's a problem. But if the bear does an attack, you're in the wilderness. Or or there's also like a whole.
Speaker 2: Western town that you can rent in Colorado where we like take over.
Speaker 3: There's like a saloon and everybody has their own I'm like, that would be cool, crazy, But I'm also like, how fun would that be to have a whole weekend because my birthday is in December.
Speaker 2: We could be like trudging through the snow and smelling, like do.
Speaker 1: We get to like dress like cowboys and like have like and if you don't do a massive fortieth, I feel like a massive fiftieth is a great like when Will said, once you get to a certain age, you only like there are no more weddings. We're not really going to weddings and people at this point.
Speaker 2: It's going to be funerals. Yeah, funerals.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: I was looking.
Speaker 3: I have like a bunch of ties, you know that I like organized in my closet, Like I never wear ties anymore because I never go to weddings. But there's that period from like twenty five to thirty five are you have have a wedding every couple of months and like it's so weird.
Speaker 2: That just not to do that anymore. What are you going to do for your fiftieth I don't know.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna I want to do something, so I mean, come up so.
Speaker 2: Far away, so far away.
Speaker 1: I do have a gift for you.
Speaker 2: I really didn't didn't need a gift.
Speaker 1: No, I know you didn't need a gift, but I did have a great idea.
Speaker 2: Do anything. I appreciate it. Yeah, thank you. You're not much of a gift giver.
Speaker 1: You don't love you don't love it.
Speaker 2: I'm well, not much of a birthday person, like Yeah, I mean I'm not either. Yeah, so I I, which.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately means I also don't think about other people's birthdays. I don't think about my own. I don't think about others.
Speaker 2: Should I guess what it is?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Is it a puppy?
Speaker 1: It's a puppy. I can't believe you get it out of there. It's been suffocating under that tissue all this time.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it's a box. It's a box. It's a sweater. She really have no idea what this is. This is a pretty cool gift. Actually, oh sick.
Speaker 1: It's a first edition graded wow, Batman, beyond the first time your character Terry mcge this was ever introduced in common. These are sick.
Speaker 2: You very much for that. I don't have a graded version. Great, that's awesome. So this is really and nine point eight is a hugely high grading.
Speaker 1: It sure is.
Speaker 4: It's how how Christine Christine the comic book gives.
Speaker 2: Nine point eight is sick. This is a great gift. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You did send a picture of it to Susan and I said, do you think he has one of these? And she said no. But now you said you don't have a graded version.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 2: I have about ten copies of the actual book, but nothing graded.
Speaker 1: And it's this version of the book, not the one that was the post the reprint one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's so.
Speaker 4: There's there's a number of different versions of this, and the one with the barcode is the good one.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is the good one.
Speaker 4: They have some that are blank, they have some that just say six flags, but these are these are real. I sometimes signed these at conventions, and I normally sign.
Speaker 2: It over the plastic because people don't want to open it. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't own a single graded comic book. This is the first graded comic book I've ever had.
Speaker 2: This is like sick. This is sick.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, will thank you, We love you so much, thank you, and we can't wait for you to turn a hundred and then we'll have another party.
Speaker 2: I can't. Well, what do you think Bill is going to do for his hundredth birthday?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, we have What would the bill game we need be for his seventeen seventy six, like a full revolutionary like constitution fifteen years.
Speaker 2: After he's born. I mean that makes sense. Actually, we should come up with something, wish Fannie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what about six flags all the rollercoasters for bills one hundred?
Speaker 2: It's a great shame, great shame.
Speaker 1: Fine, totally.
Speaker 2: What about a rave just seriously, just have the monkeys play. We'll just have the monkeys play a concert. Oh my god, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you all for joining us. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 7: Hm,