Speaker 1: What up is Huey Bris the Grace Park Legend Long Beach on you can check me out on a Bootleg CAV podcast.
Speaker 2: Before we start the episode, man, I got to remind everybody that we are on the radio in eighty cities every single day across the country. Man Real ninety two to three every day Monday through Friday in Los Angeles, Wild ninety four to one in Tampa, KKFI in Phoenix. We're all over the place, Miami, Vegas. We can go on and on. Want to give a shout out to our latest affiliate. Shout out to Knoxville, Tennessee, Man Hot one O four point five for being the latest city to join the Bootleg CAV show network. All right, now, I don't ever really talk about the radio show on the podcast, keep them separate. But if you want to listen to the radio show, you can click the link in the bio for a list of all the cities you can listen to at Yeah, that makes sense. Let's get to the interview. Yo, Boutleg CAV podcast special guests in here repping Long Beach, Hueie brist in the building. I didn't think you'd ever come because I tweeted something about Devin Booker, like three years ago. And I'm still Matt and you said you're working to ever come on my show. I said, remind me never to do this show. And now and there you're here, Karma, you're here though. Well this is your old album from a couple of years ago. I just want to say thank you. Most artists don't bring gifts, so we got some blue vinyl. Yeah. Also, most independent artists don't have vinyl. They're broke. Well they also, you know, don't take their business too serious at all. But you have a new album that you're working on. Yes, well it's done. It's coming out December sixth yea like ten days I think Jesus is that ten days from now? Yeah? Oh? Fuck me? Running Thanksgiving as what tomorrow? Oh shit, Well I didn't expect that it's coming as whole. Everything's just flown by. This year was fast as shit, for sure, for sure. Now. I first heard of you through Rest in Peace to Buys, one our guy Buys who passed away. You guys were working together in what capacity? Because I know he was pushing your ship for a long time.
Speaker 1: He helped me, He changed my life in every way you could think he helped me, like aside from music, heet me like be a better like the great guy. He helped me be a professional yapper. He was a good he knew how to yap. Oh my god, I missed those convos. But he was starting app called you sound I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I remember you sound sound profile too. He forced me to do it and me too.
Speaker 1: He was just trying to Actually, he was trying to get me to dissolve every like little small beef. I had it because you know, Long Beach is hell a small hell of weird and I had a lot of fucking beefs because I'm hella good at rapping.
Speaker 2: Niggas just weren't that fire. I don't want to say their names, but anybody you are cool with now that you can.
Speaker 1: All of them, like everybody I'm cool with now, but like a little miss like miss mishaps with little with rappers.
Speaker 2: And anybody who you're making music with now.
Speaker 1: No, but I do want to make music with them. One dude that I'm super cool with now that I did have a uh miscommunication with. He also has a platform as well. His name is Desi G and the Corner Store The Freestyles Exactly. I want to go on there and be honored.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I tell him on air, like, you know, I was a fucking young, dumb, immature, fucking insecure idiot, and I apologize for whatever I did and said.
Speaker 2: He's at a long beach. He's at a longa. We grew up together.
Speaker 1: I love the I love the freestyle series. Literally grew up together. And I have nothing beloved for him. Is I know his family Like nothing beloved for that dude. And actually, the first time I ever was on the radio was a Desi G song. It's called Nothing that buys put together Byes and ar that didn't even want to cut a percentage nothing, he didn't want anything. And the song I actually just performed at Camp flog naw and the song that Mike G brought me out.
Speaker 2: He asked me, he said, can you do that song with desi G? Nothing?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, my stomach's turning. I'm like, oh my god, I haven't heard that song in so fucking long, like made me think about Byes. I'm like, look at Byes pulling strings from fucking heaven right, so crazy. That's the only I was like, Yo, I got a new song, like a new album coming do that like we wanted nothing song with Dezig.
Speaker 2: It's funny, Okay. I can't flog though. That was the most people I've probably ever seen in one setting. Yeah, I was. That was the one, Like I know everybody who's in LA was like, can't flog or a complex cong which one to go to? It was? It was really just like whichever one you get tickets to.
Speaker 1: Exactly, And I had tickets to both because like shout out to Complex, kin, I have my own booth there two years ago. No you didn't, I had two years ago booth there. They asked me to do it again. Was a long beach exactly, so they kind of gave me the sympathy booth. They weren't selling all the booths. No disrespect to Complex gn I love you and I appreciate the opportunity, but they weren't. They didn't sell all the boots, so they're like, hey, Bris, like can you do it? And that brought a lot of people through because.
Speaker 2: People fog nah would have been the one though, Man, oh my god, I shit it at a flog I was in Thailand. I left Dookie on the stage. Nasty how I did that? And it was kind of crazy. I'm not going to call anybody else, but a certain person on the side of the stage was like, do you know, like do you know the lyrics? Like do you know the cue to which you're like, do you know? Mike's hot? And I'm like I looked and I was like, I'm a grown man. I'm like I'm doing I'm pro.
Speaker 1: I said, uh yeah, but the uh was like a confused like, oh, she doesn't know right, and she said, oh, doesn't look like he knows his cue, like make sure Mike's Mike, Mike's cold.
Speaker 2: Until it's time to go on.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh shit, Like I'm thinking it's like a technical issue or something. Man, that crowd acted like they know me for the whole time. I had a line of white people on the side of the stage waiting for me to get off the stage to take pictures.
Speaker 2: That's big. Never they after I took all the pictures, they were like, oh, yeah, what's your name? They were just like we just saw you on stage and you were amazing. They don't even care. But that's what's about Like I always say that about like artists who don't take their live show serious, Like yo, that is a real way to like gain fans because cause there's even if you open up for somebody, like if people even if they give you a chance, you know, and you kill it, Like even if you convert ten people, five people, twenty people, Like that's something that shit changed my life. And it was Mike G two. So he has a loyal ass fan base for sure, loyal. So they're like, who the fuck is this guy? Right? And I see when I seen hands go.
Speaker 1: Humbly speaking, I've never done a show that big ever, and I've never made that many people put their hands up.
Speaker 2: And if I was like, yeah.
Speaker 1: This if this is the feeling that uh fucking Roddy Rich and all those guys get to when they.
Speaker 2: Do, I said, yeah, I gotta make some pits. Yeah, you so give me kind of Are Are you from the same area as I see? You know, I see you repped the north side of the same area as Vince. Literally yeah, like I'm from the Grace Park area. My dad's from Boulevard Mafia. Vince's hood is like two Winds. Two Wins is like Artesia over here.
Speaker 1: They actually beef by the way, but like two Wins is over here, and then Boulevard is like closer to Compton, so like I'm right in the middle from Grace Park, like I went to like Jordan High, Like I'm up and down Atlantic Long Beach Boulevard fifty fifth Carmelitos.
Speaker 2: Long Beach is like such an interesting city because like if people who aren't from LA just consider it LA because we think of Snoop and people are like Snoop LA, but it's Long Beach. LA does not like it if you live here. It's like, dude, Long Beach is a serious drive. They don't like us. It's its own thing. It's it's it's it's got its own politics and own county jail, its own county jail. And hell, you know, there's Asian crips.
Speaker 1: There's all heavy And I didn't meet a blood in person until I was like fourteen fifteen, Like I never I never knew that. I kind of didn't even I thought that was like a figment of TV.
Speaker 2: So there's not bloods in Long Fuck No. So they're there, they live there and stuff, but they're like their neighborhood isn't there. Hell no, it's so there's nothing but cryp set So they're sets set beef with.
Speaker 1: Each other that are yes, all crips. Nobody in Long Beach gets along.
Speaker 2: Got it, got it, got maybe like if that's your cousin or like, but it's like heavy brown and black beef heavy. And then the Asians fit in there somewhere.
Speaker 1: Asians beef with the Mexicans really bad, Like that's worse than us, Like they like the underdogs, so they're not given fair fades at all. Like you get caught at a fucking liquor store and you're a you're with the Asian. The Mexican's gonna get on the Asian first.
Speaker 2: Shit. I was just in Thailand with Stupid Young, which was Stupid Young runs Long Beach, which was crazy because he was cracking out in Thailand.
Speaker 1: Bro Stupid Young's hood. The Asian boys are so cracking in Long Beach. They don't even go to liquor stores. They have a lady that goes and comes and brings alcohol and cups and ice to them.
Speaker 2: So he has a guy who uh, this dude Steve, who I met in Bangkok and he's a stupid young og yeah from Asian boys. Yeah, and he did a stint in prison and got out and moved to Bangkok and opened a dispensary that's Gangston. So I'm like out there and I'm like like pulling up to this dude's dispensary is called California's Finest, of course, and it's like the most like laed out like storage just in the middle of Bangkok in the middle. And then there's this dude, Steve, who's like the most like hardcore crip Asian dude you've ever met in your life. And he's just like thriving in Thailand.
Speaker 1: I can see that. Yeah, Long Beach is weird. It's like the water out there is so different. We could travel anywhere and like adapt so crazy and like I'll be I would never be surprised if like stupid young opened up his own fuckings.
Speaker 2: No, he's doing his thing, man, and uh you know I was. I was just trying to work with him too. If you could hook that up, that's easy work, I told I just told him, I'm like, bro, I see, I see the way you're moving around in Thailand, dog, Like, you know what's great about you being out here? You have your guard down. He was chilling, probably because it's like, you know, if you're in La you're moving around like you got problems to everybody. It's like it's like, dude, you just never know the brown is. Even if you're in Vegas, you never know Asians brown too.
Speaker 1: I don't want to speak on I need to find out, like in the comments, please let me.
Speaker 2: I'll say this. I did see one of Stupid Young's friends with the tattoo the City Yellow Boys. Okay, that makes sense, but I I it's an observation, understood, not a death claration for me. Understood, understood, understood, understood. I'm not. I'm not confirming nor disconfirming. Much respect to to all the yellows. Uh talk about your your new project you got coming. You got a new record out right now. That's dope that you said. It's kind of like you stepping into like a new uh you know, uh, something that maybe could get played in the clubs, get played in the day parties.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I had to conform. As you can see, I'm here. I've been performing to things lately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes, I mean conforming is one way to put it.
Speaker 1: I have to, But I was basically what happened was the I was already kind of like working on an album, and I was like oh.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna make no I'm gonna do all no hooks. You know how to underground guys get and I get channel. Trust is my guy. He's from Compton. She started the genre Compton House. He hit me, Actually I hit him. I was blowing him up for months, like, please, can I get in a session with you? You're blowing up right now. I know you.
Speaker 1: It's not like you're some fucking guy that I know you. Dude, so like he's he never he never not said it, but he was, you know, he was very like working and busy. He was running sessions with DJ Quick Randomly. He texts me an address, that's it in a time, be here, don't be late. Like fuck, I don't have any gas. I don't have anything. I like, hit a bitch, can I borrow some money for your gass? And I'm weaaring fucking wherever I am? I go way to fucking undisclosed location. I knock on the fucking door. A lady comes out like, who are you here for? It gives me this weird ass look, coo youre here for? I'm like, trust, I'm like all humbled and shit. She's like, oh, I go to the door. Fucking DJ Quick answered the door. Mind blown. You should have seen me. Everybody in the room is like looking at how I'm gonna react. Mind is blown. I'm like what the fuck. He's like, yeah, it's me.
Speaker 2: It's me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, nah, homie, Like you're not just about to just open the door and fuck me up like that. Bro, Like, nah, I'm gonna try this again. I went out, open the door again. It's still there. He's still there. I'm like, okay, this isn't a dream. I'm fanning out. He's a Channels in there, just being super chill, like yeah, just got done running a fucking thirty hour session, Like we're all tired, we're all about to go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Quick's been on it, dude, he's been working. Dude.
Speaker 1: I'm like, hell Na, like something got to shake. They're playing me the new record. It was Quick and.
Speaker 2: Problem Trooper Coo exactly.
Speaker 1: So problems running through records, just letting me hear shit and like great album.
Speaker 2: I'm honored. At this time, I'm like, what the fuck is going on? Like Channel's on here, Like what the fuck? My boy Barney's there, he's helping write with Channel.
Speaker 1: It's just a lot going on at one time, Buddy walks in randomly. I guess he got the same message, right, But he's buddy, so he can come whenever he wants.
Speaker 2: Quick's like, oh shit, Buddy, here, I can't leave yet, Like nah.
Speaker 1: They pop up with some drinks, everybody's the party starts, you know, Buddy come in. It's it's it's a whole different energy. So channel's like fuck. It plays a beat, the beat that's on my fucking album. I just write a verse really quick, like the quickest verse I've ever wrote, no pun and I'm writing the verse quickest. Fuck and Buddy just like, let me go on the studio. He goes in the studio, does the hook. We've got to rewrite the whole verse.
Speaker 2: Now. I'm like, god damnit. Now not at all. It's a dance song, now, dancer. I don't want to round man, sir. I'm like, God damn it, I gotta write a dance song. I'm like, uh. I start going through my notes, I like I have nothing. I'm like, God damn it. I'm like fuck. I write the verse like.
Speaker 1: That's why the first verse is so short, because I'm like, fuck, I don't write these kind of songs for real. So I have to write a verse about a bitch I met in the club, which I don't meet bitches in the club.
Speaker 2: So his hook kind of dictated like, okay, well now I gotta go.
Speaker 1: There, which makes sense because fifty cent I saw fifty interviews like I can't even write a verse without a hook.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, I can't write it. I get the hook from the verse. That's how I write, Like I'm tupac, So that makes sense, buddy, killed it. I fucking.
Speaker 1: Write the verse. And then everybody's tired, mind you, They've been in the studio all day. So I'm like, fun, all right, can I take this song? And Todd is there? Shout out to Todd. Todd is Larry Junes engineer.
Speaker 2: Okay, Todd didn't have to send me the session, mind you, because that's not my session, right, I'm blowing Todd up, Yo, can you send me that session.
Speaker 1: I don't even have an engineer at the time. I'm like, how the fuck am I gonna I gotta finish this song? Like Quick's in there. Quick saw me do my verse, saw me do it, and just dipped. He was all right, cool, like keep doing your thing. Baby got up out of there. I sat on that song for like maybe like a month or two. And then this girl I'm dating at the time, right now, I was about to say at the time, do not don't leave me. This girl I'm dating was as a fucking Channel Tress fan like she loves him. She's like, no, you need to finish this song. It's the last thing you do. I'm like, all right, a higher engineer with money I don't have in the studio, I can afford finish the second verse. Then I have to pay another session to get Barney Barney Bones who helps Channel Right all the time, to come do his part, and then I have to book another session to mix it master it. So at this point I'm in the red in my own fucking budget.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn truly independent.
Speaker 1: I'm truly independent, and I'm like, fuck dude, like whatever. Randomly, a song I did with Smino and Jid because of Buddy. Buddy invited me to the session. I marked the song that's my kind of rappers right marked it. It leaked because you know, damn well, Jibs people and Smino aren't going to just let some city let some shit leak out, like I mean, let some shit clear that wouldn't have got clear. They just got off tour. Oh yeah, they had the dre they had the dress right, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: So we're trying to like maybe perform the song. You know, it's very like high hopes, like maybe Whybeo will drop it after the tour, very very very immature thinking. But I mean they're both on major labels too. It's not happening for me. It's a little bit harder. It's a little bit harder to get those records out. It's almost like, if you're an independent artist, it would behoove you to work with major artists. It's like it was cool to send around to people and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I got some shit with Jit and but I guess one of the engineers at the studio heard it and he mixed it and sent it to me, and then it leaked.
Speaker 2: It was a form of Smino Jid leaks that came out. The leak got to.
Speaker 1: Create music, create music, heard that it was creating, So I posted it.
Speaker 2: Now everybody's posting.
Speaker 1: It like fucking we got off here, we can keep up with Jid and Smino, duh. And then fucking that got me a little distribution deal with Create that helped me pay for the video for this, and helped me get me a nice little car. And like I've invested in my own studio. Bought the fucking Bay ten seventy three, the distresser compressor, the Noyman ten, the Noyman, the funk.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got like the fucking that's that's the vocal chain, that's all you need. Killed it and it's right in the crib hollow.
Speaker 1: Put the kid to sleep. I got an SSL like a Very. I don't think they make.
Speaker 2: It anymore like a Very.
Speaker 1: You didn't make it the small SSL, Yeah, I don't. I got the I got like the OG one somehow because of shout out to Vinyl, but I mean not Vinyl.
Speaker 2: Uh. I can't even vintage Kings. So you're recording yourself all day's.
Speaker 1: I just hired an engineer from haw he's out here and he's like working out Pulse, getting hell of money at Pulse. So now I kind of can give it, like y'all got two hundred dollars. Then you come through, He's like, yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 1: So now he helps me out a lot now, thank god, But are you still out Long Beach. No, I'm in Hollywood now, Smart fifteen minutes from here.
Speaker 2: Smart killed it. Rent control building, rent controls the move. Oh my god, that saw, I know, God was real. Bro, I'll tell you that story later. Yeah, my boy lives in an apartment in North Hollywood and his rent is so disrespectfully cheap that it like I want to like throw him out and move into his apartment. You would hate me. Then, two bedroom, two bathroom, two parking spots, so my boys got the same shit and he's paying fifteen to sixty a month. He killed me off. Yeah, Nico Blitz said, motherfucker. He's been living there for like six years. He's he killed it. Don't move it, lovely. It was that three years ago. So however much it's increased, it isn't that much because it's rent controlled. So I'm like, dude, you're winning killed it, winning killed it. So I'm like, no matter how, no matter what happens, never moved, sublease it. I'm like, don't ever move bro. Like it's a two bedroom, you don't have any kids, who cares.
Speaker 1: It's amazing and we switch rooms all the time. She wants my room sometimes I want her room. She lives with me now, so it's so gangster. I'm so, I'm blessed. I killed that and I put the studio in the room and I just recording there all day, this whole pretty much the last couple songs of this project, and all my next shit is in the fucking crib fire.
Speaker 2: How smart though you save money that way, I'm never leaving that shit. What have you been able to sit with the Kendrick album? Yet? I love it? Yeah? All the way through Kendrick keeps sucking up my rollout. Yeah, I mean like I was fucking up a lot of rollouts anytime he drops. To be honest, he kind of.
Speaker 1: I learned a valuable lesson on patience because the video was supposed to come out when he dropped the Surprise Little Album. My video was supposed to come out that day, but my video guy didn't have the titles done yet.
Speaker 2: Ah, So I was like getting upset because the day before I'm like, like the font and stuff exactly, And the day before I'm like, we need the video to drop tomorrow because the song comes out tomorrow and then creates like chill out. We could push the DSPs through the weekend. Drop it on Monday today. Yes, ma'am, goodness, gracious, there's a phone call, just hit ignore young lady. Goodness. Yeah. I was in Thailand walking out of Rolling Loud and my boy was like, Kendrick just dropped and I was like what, and it was Thailand is fifteen hours ahead of La goddamn. So it's like tomorrow at night. Damn. It's crazy. So I'm like what and like, so we're walking out, I'm listening to this shit in my ear like this, like what the fuck? I couldn't get past the first song for a minute. I was like, because you had to like dissect it, you had to go wait, wait, what did he say? What do you say? He came out Snoop. Yes, that fucked me up for sure, And I like how Snoop you know, replied like a good sport and was like it was the Edibles. It's it's because I I kind of felt him, because when Snoop, when when I saw that, I felt like, I mean, obviously it's not my position to feel any type of way, but I did kind of feel like I would like, why would Snoop validate then Corny Ship like you know, but it's like Snoop, Snoop post Hell is ship on his pitch, his pagoops damn near mean pin. I was about to say, yeah, mean page. So it's like I feel like with with Snoop, you really can't like Snoop's hard is. I feel like in a good.
Speaker 1: Place always, especially with Kendrick. He he knighted him, He knighted him on stage. Kendrick is knighted by the gods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's wild. Yeah, I thought it was joked that he put on a bunch of young guys too. You know.
Speaker 1: I listened to it the first I was in New York when it dropped, So it was super surreal for me because I'm like on the subway listening to it, like.
Speaker 2: What is going on right now? Like who is he talking about? Why? Who's this other guy?
Speaker 1: All the track lists were Yeah, there was hidden I didn't know none of those guys except I just knew.
Speaker 2: I knew obviously Wally Paeso and uh I never heard of Lefty was dope, Pacs'm hip on every anybody now Yeah, and then but I didn't. I couldn't tell it was right away, Like I know a couple of records, But I feel like Wally really deserved it. Though for sure some big everybody thought, yeah with the future thing, Well he's got some he signed us. He might have a situation that he's gonn announce.
Speaker 1: The man I've seen he's with Zona man a lot. That's my triplet. Me him and Buddy are triplets.
Speaker 2: While he's got some ship. He came with what was his first song, not paranoid, uh, just trying to kill me for some scandalous.
Speaker 1: Scandalus is huge in the hood. I mean we were like okay, Like scandalss is a classic boom. Then he drops the O three flow and like, if you've ever dealt with a dude who's been to jail before on any level, that is their ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could play that. You could play that in the club. And he's very different because he doesn't. I don't feel like he wants to come off like he's some super blood. He doesn't. But the other thing that's interesting about Wally is like he is a like he really has the real capacity and ability to like wrap his fucking ass. Oh yeah, I've ciphered with that man. Actually, he's come on a freestyle a couple of times on here, and every time I'm just like, oh my god, what one takes it?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah he has a classic one here? Yeah yeah, I common it's just so good man.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, you're a fucking alien. He doesn't even try. He's an alien, don't. I don't forget which major label had him signed. That was it Atlantic? They fuck that up though, Oh they know they did. Though a lot.
Speaker 1: I feel like a lot of labels know when they fuck up because they can't they can't market them the way they.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what the like. Uh, it feels like there's this huge like wall of like labels that just don't know how to market West Coast artists that aren't already like super on.
Speaker 1: Even then, like even Roddy, Like they don't know how to to his next level. Like a lot of people don't know what to do with the West Coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Roddy thing is interesting because I truly feel like he's a study of like somebody who who's momentum was truly affected by COVID. You know, wow, I didn't even think about that because he had his whole festival run that was coming. He had the biggest song on the planet when COVID started. You know, the box was the biggest song on the planet and still I mean it was went like diamond, didn't it. Yeah? I think so. I mean that's all time crazy single. Whoever is a part of that song. I know it's doing fair, But I think when when with COVID, it's like everybody was sitting down overthinking ship. I had heard that that second album had like four different versions. The version that ended up coming out was like not the version a lot of people said should have came out. But I also thought that this shit was cool. We had some shit on there. Line. I love Roddy man. I think Roddy's incredible me too, and I want to work with him. But I do think the COVID thing was just a weird thing because there were certain like younger artists who like didn't know what to do. Like I was like, Okay, well if COVID's here, do we still work, Well, we can't tour, So like he was really you gotta understand his tour was going on when that album came out, the.
Speaker 1: First one or the second one, the first one, h anti social one, Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: So he was doing fifteen eighteen hundred cap venues, oh my god, when he should have been doing like three four five thousand, So he didn't even really get to fully like crack the tour after the album hit and like Blue the fuck he's an arena artist? No, yeah, I mean I think I don't know. I wouldn't. I don't know if he is now, but I think that he's capable of being an arena golf wing.
Speaker 1: When Mustard brought him out, oh yeah, that was the most respectfully, that was like the most of the crowd.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's got them hit. They were washing to his songs. Riddy's got hits, and he's got He's got this like the songs that are just so easy to sing along too, like his melodies are un like unfukiable for us. Was on Kendergarten Uh siete uh pay so so who am I forgetting? It? Is one more? I know there's a few more hit a hit, a hitted, hitted baby love his verse. Yeah, people be hitting meet the whoops. They love him, Yes, yes, and I think he might be.
Speaker 1: Kendricks's cousin says, uh huh, Dodie Dodi's Hey, now say now that's him he on Hay Now say.
Speaker 2: Now, oh that song is nast What is on Dodger Blue? A ZI, there we go. He's on Dodger Blue. Uh it's Wally and Roddy.
Speaker 1: And I feel like a Z Shike is on a sick run. He was just on He's on a t D run. He school boys ship, got his own song for sure. He's on Kendrick ship. I feel like if he gets on one more t D artist ship, they might as well sign him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey man, him and him and Rucie had a great album.
Speaker 1: That they dropped a couple of years and and Shike like kind of like got load of great kind of popping like between one take Jay and Shike and then like load the Great is like insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like, uh, I mean, ship man, it's up. It's just really up to all everybody to deliver, you know. And I think I think now it's like it's almost like the industry has always been so like non West Coast biased, like it's always the South or East Coast artists get all love or fucking Canadian art. But I do feel like Kendrick's like forcing the moment to where if you're from LA like the labels would be doing themselves a disservice to not look at you and be like, hey, how do we make this happen? Like I think Lefty Gunplay is going to get a stupid bag. Stupid bag, Like what like this guy is a fucking He's like he just did some shit with O j Z and then you see how they rolled it out. I thought he's got a song out with Jeremiah right now. Him and oh Jeez's been working him and hit Boy got a damn your whole album together. He's been working with tight Ali sign. Like, I feel like that's your right of passage if hit Boy like gives you an album. It's like hitt Boy is free big hit by the way, but yeah, hit Boy's been on a crazy run. But yeah, for sure, it's something like a right passage. For sure.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, hit boys fucking with you, Like, I still got work to do. I need to get the hit Boy and I still need to get.
Speaker 2: You haven't worked with hit Boy yet.
Speaker 1: Nah, that's the hommie, But I still need to get like hit Boy and Alchemist, Alchemist the one. If I could just get them too, and just like I'll be okay.
Speaker 2: Who do you? Do you have any other features on your new project? Buddy's on there, Barney Bones is on there? Who else is on there? Channels on there? I don't think it's anybody else. I don't not off the top of my head, I don't. I'll be wrapping way better than niggas. So it's like there's gonna be trying to come to the studio with me. You you have like a pretty crazy independent catalog too, Like you've you drop a lot, Like I think twenty twenty three years old, you had three or four hours that you dropped. I was hurting that year too. Is it like for you being like an independent artist and this is like how you pay your bills? Do you see, like the the more music you are able to drop, does it help with like raising all sales? The sickest part. I made the most money this year and I didn't even.
Speaker 1: Drop really like how though I have no idea? Just off music, yes, off of merch music shows. Buddy put me on his album. We went straight to Japan.
Speaker 2: You went to your Japan's crazy. I hate to be that rapper that's like, oh I'm big in Japan. No, but that's the thing I swear to god, me and Buddy did like five shows out there. I was just talking to my boys and they they're part of a group called bad Hop, which is like the only hip hop group they ever saw to Tokyo Dome I thought was shit. And they were just talking about how Japanese, he said, Asian fans period. He's like they buy everything. Oh, I sold out. He was like, Yo, if you got a T shirt, if you got a lunchbox, if you got a fucking pencil, they're buying it. I should have I should have went around like if you could get cracking in Japan, you're the man.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing that makes people out here fuck with me for real, because they'd be like even like the all the West Coast dudes like Jay Worthy others like you go to go to Japan, like Japan, Like Jay Worthy's really big in Japan.
Speaker 2: I bet he's huge out there. Yeah. And I don't even know, Like I wonder like, is it just like is it just that the music resonates them? Niggas wear do rags out there for sure, And there's like the Japanese solos, Yes, they think.
Speaker 1: You can't tell them that until I come around and they're like, oh, yeah, that that's Melanie.
Speaker 2: I just wonder what is the what is the the highway for the music to pop over there? Is it the obviously it's the Internet, but is there do you have to put work in out there for to like translate? I think it was. I think it's like a conscious effort of like, hey, we need to put some effort into Japan for it to work. No. I think that's what they don't fuck with. I think you just need a lowrider in your video and they're like, we're in that simple so their culture. They love jay Z so much out there too. Jay Z so so Yankee hats they love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're really from New York or really from LA, they fuck with you interesting, They fuck with you heavy, like they're gonna ask you to like LA. Like if you wear that het out there, they're gonna think you're from San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fire.
Speaker 1: Your your representation, No representation matters out there like a motherfucker. Like any advice from any West Coast artists, go as west as possible.
Speaker 2: If you want to get that Japan money, yes, because they're given to you. G Perico, probably go out there and eat what g Perico goes anywhere and eats because he's a supercrip, the super Crypt. He is super he's got he could go anywhere.
Speaker 1: He's he was one of the He's the first major West Coast artists that gave me a feature.
Speaker 2: He's, by the way, the fucking nicest guy ever. I didn't even you would never know that man gang Bang if he didn't look like a supercrypt. He does look like a supercrypt. Though. Yes he has like a vintage bandana collection. That's a wild sentence. I promise you, Like, Yo, you see this. I got this from a Korean dollar store in ninety nine.
Speaker 1: He's gonna he's gonna hit you in this interview. Come out and be like he ain't lying. Lat Nigga got different.
Speaker 2: That one from six.
Speaker 1: I got that from O six like this one was in the Chronic video. He's like, I collect bandanas, it's vintage.
Speaker 2: Do for this on stage.
Speaker 1: You get it the blues in Vegas the night he was killed, and he don't like back pocket of either. He put that bitch all the way on on his head like he's such a crip that the.
Speaker 2: You know what I would we got to give to that credit to him because he's one of the forefronts of the bandana movement still, and I'm not talking about putting one in your pocket, but I'm talking about like the applying it to your head. Yes, in full force. He does not play. Yeah, he's still there's a few guys who wear bandanas, but I feel like jee Perico's like.
Speaker 1: The bandana whever and Gee Perico is filthy rich, don't that's not why let's I'm away these let's not get that fucked got rich guy taught me more about financial literacy than.
Speaker 2: Anybody. He's the one that told me, maybe like a year ago. He's like, oh yeah, if you're going like Blue Leg Cab or Just Incredible or any of these platforms, he's like, just just spitch who notes, Just spit your own notes, apt like whatever you got, spit it, like, don't play, Like, don't go up there and think like motherfuckers, I'm gonna see that. Yeah, Like I'm gonna go up there and like you know, don't go do a performing.
Speaker 1: He's like just specifically like this platform and like the like these other ones, He's like, go up there and like spin. Motherfuckers are watching because He's like niggas in jail and niggas all over it.
Speaker 2: They watched that ship. Is one of the smartest guys in hip hop. Man. He taught me a lot. He got this indie rapt shit figured out.
Speaker 1: He that's why I move how I move. He gave me that feature and told me, like, get away from this, dude, stop messing with that. Dude, where's your publicist? Why aren't you putting money towards this? Oh you got if you get it? He's he told me, if you get a distribution deal, spend all your money on the budget on digital marketing. M He's like all of it, Like, don't waste a dollar, keep all of it for digital market I just spend You know, I got a child.
Speaker 2: So what would be digital marketing be for people who are watching who don't understand like that.
Speaker 1: Sleeping on gems, Instagram pages, Spotify, marquees, making sure that your ship front center ads fucking making sure that your ship is like visit bull and they can see you, especially if you're handsome. You know what I'm saying, Like, make sure you put your image first, because that's what really draws people to him. His image is like top tier that's true. And he wears he can wear red and people are like, are you.
Speaker 2: Going is that's his clothing line? You get it? Blue T shirt, very top is blue. That's how we met because I was I.
Speaker 1: I used to be partnered with the Art Gallery and Long Beach and he wanted to shoot a video and he wanted to do a photo shoot and he wanted to do a campaign like he wanted to do three and one at the Art Gallery, and I gave him like an incredible deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was crazy, great guy, man, that Guparico changed my life. Yo, what uh for you? Man? This new album? I'm assuming are you already kind of because you drop so often? Are you already kind of working on the next thing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Me and Channel Tress, that's who did the single. We got the EP pretty much done, so that's what's next.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the dude Rohan, I'm going to sign him to my My. I'm gonna start a label after this. And then you want to sign only producers.
Speaker 2: Like DJ's and like fucking engineers. Drew and Buddy do like a full, full, full thing. I'm on Buddy's next single. I would love to do something with Buddy we just need to sit down because he's independent. Now he's up Empire, right, I'll let him tell it. Well, I don't know. I know he had if he had a cup of tea at Empire exactly. He was over there, Okay, I don't he got some big news coming too. He's like Wally, Jesus them guys Compton. Yeah, there's something in the water over there. Something is in the water in Compton. I think that is a fair state, for sure. There it is, man. We'll look. Your new album's coming out December sixth. Yes, people can still buy vinyl from your old albums. I'm assuming it's all online. Bristol, miss dot com go support uh and I appreciate you pulling up and go watch the freestyle this guy just did too, because it is fucking fire boom heree Brice