Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: All right, dub Nason, it's time we look at the Houston Rockets matchup. When I would prepare for a playoff series, I would basically like create a new playlist I send in my room, just watch the games right and viol to my playlist and really kind of hole up right, start creating my cave. What does your level of preparation for a playoff series look like?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, you know what's crazy? Bed.
Speaker 1: So when we start these playoff series, since Steven's been here, the level of detail we go through to start the playoffs, to start the series off is so intense and like like you.
Speaker 3: Gotta dial in.
Speaker 1: And I always tell people when you win a championship, it's not the winning the championship moment that you remember, because if I'm honest, it's a blur like it happened, and it's like what the hell? Man, like what and then like it's so crazy, like it's out of body, you know, ye, But what you remember the most is the journey. And our journey starts with this crazy locking on detail and like I played for Time, Izzo and the way Time is, oh the film, the level of film we used to watch, Like I feel like I watched film differently the most even coaches do, because of the way Tomizo taught me how to watch film. And so the level of preparation that goes into a playoff series takes me back to my foundation. After the Clipper game, all I could think of I was like, man, we gotta win this game because I want that first film session, Like that first film session. We have to start a playoff series. I want that so bad. I want to experience that. And so that's all I can think about. Was just like getting too this, Like we got to get in so we get this first, like this film session, Like I love the start of that.
Speaker 3: And so my level of preparation for a playoff series.
Speaker 1: Like I like I dive in and to this team immediately because I want to know everything, Like I want to know everything that they do, Like you gotta be obsessive with.
Speaker 3: Everything about them, like just obsessed with it.
Speaker 1: And so and that's the beauty of the playoffs, Like you get you get the opportunity to play a team for seven games straight, Like.
Speaker 3: You get it. You get that opportunity to know a team.
Speaker 1: You just consume yourself with this in basketball, and I love basketball, So this is my favorite time of the year, like, cause you just get.
Speaker 3: To lock in on what you do.
Speaker 2: That's everything because think about during the season, you get cliff notes because you got another game, so make cliff notes on the Rockets.
Speaker 3: Cliff notes on the Rockets.
Speaker 2: You don't play them four times, you're familiar with them, you know what they do.
Speaker 3: But when them playoffs come, you.
Speaker 2: Get full a full menu, detail, dissertation, white papers, you.
Speaker 3: Get all that. Well, yeah, and you get a.
Speaker 2: Whole week to see the same people every day. So there's a level of studying that goes to a whole nother echelon and it's like you're checking off all these details and notes and the detailed notes.
Speaker 3: When you watching it on tape, you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's how I stop them because during the regular season you're like, damn, dude, I got Sometimes you're like, dare hey, I play against this dude?
Speaker 3: He always played play good against you. It's like, why is this happening right exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get to really really lucky in man like talk about your excitement about I want to just a matchup and havey ill had your first film session.
Speaker 1: We'll have our first film session today. But I'm excited about the matchup. I think you know this this young team is. You know, they've they've gotten a lot better. And when I say gotten a lot better, like you look at the team last year to the two seats, like I think they were like the fourteen seed or twelve seat or something like that last year. They're hungry and they want what we've experienced before. And so be that you've been in that position before, you know exactly how they feel, you know, you know, like you can always rewind back to like, man, when we were in that position, like what that feels like, and you can put yourself in those shoes, which can, in a sense help you prepare in a different way because you know what to expect. And so I'm excited as hell about the matchup. You know, we've played email you Doak in the playoffs in the NBA finals. You know, we know what his teams bring, you know, and so I'm excited about the matchup. Hey, just being back in the playoffs, man, right, right, being back in the playoffs, having that opportunity to compete at the highest level is incredible. But then this is a young team, you know, a team that we went three and two with this year three and two against we played one extra time. Because of the playing game, it's always a good matchup, like it requires you to lock in if you want to beat them. It requires a level of locking in, a level of toughness that you have.
Speaker 3: To bring to the game. And you know.
Speaker 1: I love those challenges anytime you can have a challenge like that. We are the underdog, you know, they're there's we're two seed, they're too sea word seven seas.
Speaker 3: To the underdog. Baby, we have been to play time. Man, It's like, okay to seven, let's go absolutely, you know.
Speaker 1: And obviously we don't view ourselves as an ordinary seven seas, but it is what it is.
Speaker 3: We're we got to start off on the road, you know, and and battle tested. That's always fun when you get the opportunity to start on the road, you know.
Speaker 1: And so man, I'm just excited, man, to play playoff basketball is back. You're about to see guys eat uh a sin to an eligue level, and I'm just excited to be a part of that.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: Man, I used to take for granted just making it to the playoffs. You know, when you do over and over again, you like, oh yeah, that's just how it goes. Like. I don't take that for granted, no more like so to be in the playoffs with an opportunity to compete for Larry, That's what I'm most excited about.
Speaker 4: Blending Vice's signature dynamic storytelling with the high octane world of sports. Vice Sports brings an exciting and diverse range of programming that goes beyond the game, catch action pack, live events, and exclusive sports documentaries and profiles only on Vice TV.
Speaker 2: Feeling good game one, you always want to steal that firest one. Yeah, played good playoff vetter in basketball, but y'all did play in spurts. There was a lull right of dependency where it's like everybody gotta stay aggressive, right, everybody gotta stay aggressive.
Speaker 3: But great game man, great defense.
Speaker 2: I mean your defense was on full display when you talk about holding you know, I think it was only a couple people, uh that had double figures on their team?
Speaker 3: Was it Van Fleek and Sagoon? Man?
Speaker 2: That was just that was a great playoff basketball game. I just want to see more more aggression on the offensive end, especially from you, for sure, you know, especially from you, because like they throwing you the rod and then it's like, all right, Jimmy Butler's stuff. And then in a wind up in podhands, you know what I mean. So I want to see Moses Moody. He came in some big clutches.
Speaker 3: He did shout out to young Mo money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta remember y'all play Everybody on the on the floor is a playmaker when it's hot, like that when they double teaming.
Speaker 3: But overall, great game, man. I appreciated my dogs. By the way, how are you feeling at the game? One?
Speaker 1: I feel great, man. You know, after the playoffs, you're doing everything recovery. I was doing recovery stuff and watching film til three thirty in the morning, and so I feel incredible. I feel absolutely incredible. And then I got up this morning, got another treatment session in, got you know, some some core work and stuff in in.
Speaker 3: The weight room. So body feel amazing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a very physical game, you know what I'm saying. It's extremely physical. But what I will say is I thought our defense was on point. We gave up eighty five points. That's where that's what fourteen turnovers, I think fourteen turnovers and twenty two offensive rebounds, and we gave up eighty five points, you know, so you gotta feel really great about the defense because this is a great offensive rebounded team like that is that one of their specialties? Ins So I think, you know, it makes me think back to like Steph Clay Katie them years where like we were the best three point shooting team and teams would come into the game and be like, yo, so we're gonna completely take the three away from them, and.
Speaker 3: We would still end up getting three. That's them with offensive rebound.
Speaker 1: We're not going to stop them from getting the offensive rebounds like it's like, but what we do have to do is there were maybe seven of them, eight of them that we get our hands on it. You gotta have you know what I'm saying, those are the ones. So all of a sudden, twenty two ain't twenty two and it is fourteen. That's a totally different situation, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, I think we can clean up, you know that stuff like that, some of the turnovers we had, we can still clean up. But holding that team to eighty five points, and I don't think we had a great offense to night, you know, so holding that team eighty five points, I think was a big deal.
Speaker 3: I think that's something we can build up on in this series for sure.
Speaker 2: And a team that offensive rebound like that, I think a bit A big counter to that is you get layups. So being able to fast break get out, like you said, if you can track some of those rebounds, long rebounds, get out on the break, and the way your defense has been stad fast, it's going to result. And I mean that's how you get the league, right, that's how you get to twenty. And I think when they start cutting away was offensive rebounds right, offensive rebounds a three yar tip offense of rebound another three a tip and you know in the playoffs it's just hard to overcome a lot of that. But this is that teams get to the basket, you know, shoot the ball, get on the glass, try and get tip ends, kickouts for wide open shots.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, they lead it for sure, So we got to be better at it. But also understanding that that is one of their strengths. They're gonna do that well man taking other stuff away, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that the hell hell of a game, No, Bro, that was the hell of a game.
Speaker 2: Was It's gonna be a fun series, all right, dumb nation, you know what time it is, and you're one hundred and fifty eight playoff of parents and your.
Speaker 3: One hundred playoff win with Steph. How do you feel about that finish?
Speaker 1: It's crazy number one, one hundred and fifty eight playoff games. I just want to give some perspective. At one hundred and sixty four, that will be officially two more seasons of NBA basketball that I've played in playoff games.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna clap it up myself with out. I gotta give you that longevity is crazy longevity.
Speaker 1: I think I've missed, if I'm not mistaken, I think I've missed one playoff game, and that was Game six, I mean Game five for the NBA Finals in twenty sixteen. So I'm proud of that. You talk one hundred wins, one hundred wins with Steph, like man, that's that just said so much. And you know, I'm never gonna leave this man out. But I think ninety nine of them is probably with Clay as well, you know, So sinsame man to win that many, that amount of games together, had that type of longevity. But the finish to That game was crazy, man. You know, obviously we had a league they you know, they battled back. I think they cut it all the way to two of them, not mistaken, and we just made plays down the stretch. Everybody made plays. I made plays on the defensive end. Jimmy made a couple of plays defensively. Jimmy made plays offensively. He came over some big offensive rebounds. Moses hit two big shots that fade away to put us up seven, and then he hit the three in the corner BPS drive picking up that file. He split the pair on the free throws. But that allowed us to get our defense set. Obviously we saw what the what the chef chef got cooking. So it was a huge game down the stretch. Man, everybody who was in their main plays GP was when he was in their main place.
Speaker 3: We closed that game all crazy. That was. That was big time, big time closing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Outland, the fact that you and Jenemy were in sync on defense. What is your assessment on your first real playoff Jimmy basketball game.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy because it feels like we've been playing playoff basketball for longer than one game, just because all these games been so meaningful. But what I will say is he had been saying, like, yo, I get it, just way more aggressed in the playoffs, and he does the shots that he looks to take, that he's looking to get to. It's just a completely different person, you know, the focused level the film, watching the study and the preparation. I'm impressed with the whole thing. But you know, it's good having him out there on the floor because on the court, offensively, we obviously are seeing his greatness, but defensively we're able to play off of each other, you know, and we're able to switch matchups and different things.
Speaker 3: Like he can guard anybody like I never you know, he's strong as hell, so he can guard to defend.
Speaker 1: And now what I will say is, you know, I always thought Jimmy was smart. You know, I didn't know he was this smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's highly intelligent.
Speaker 2: Anybody who get that many breakaway steals, right deflections, things like that, block shots. He does a little bit of everything else and it goes unrecognized facts.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize he was that smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he understands time space and disruption to the city. And I think that's that's where you and him, you know, are Yin and Yang for the Warriors defense. Talk about your favorite defensive play from Game one.
Speaker 1: I think my favorite defensive play was it was towards the end of the game, like we had a I had a couple of favorite ones me to sing, going in the middle of the paint where he thought he was gonna throw the body and like standing him up. That was a fun play just because it's a battle way.
Speaker 3: Hi man like tough man. He's he's mobile the shot last night. He was a decent athlete like he and he understands the game, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So he's a tough, tough opponent. But then saying that, you know, I thought that one right there just kind of sent the message at that point in the game.
Speaker 3: That was fun. And then also it's always fun watching Jimmy cum around the guy that they looking to get those steals, and that one he got towards the end where I just outleted it to him for the dunk to kind of put the ice the cake.
Speaker 1: That was That was a good one because you know, it just kind of took away any hope that they had, you know, to make any comeback at that point. So you know, like I said it was the cherry on top. So that one that one I enjoyed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jimmy talked about he loves organized chaos. How do you how do you all thrive? And organized chaos?
Speaker 1: Offensively, we have always had this organized chaos because Steph creates organized chaos.
Speaker 3: Like you know, Steph does a lot of damage off the ball, and but it's.
Speaker 1: Just not like.
Speaker 3: Five guys or four guys running around and like all all of a sudden, he just pops open.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like it's organized chaos, Like it's chaotic and it's all over the place. But I think what Steve did when he first got here was he put rules in place. You know what I'm saying, like if this happened, you do this that happened, you make this read. And so it's organized, but it's chaotic because it's not like, oh, he just gonna go that way every time, you know what I'm saying, Like that's just not how our offense work.
Speaker 3: Like you may go this way, you may go that way, you may go up, you may go down, Like.
Speaker 1: That's just the way our offense works. And so when he speaks of organized chaos, it's like it's chaotic. It's all over the place for sure, but there is more organization than the neked I may see, but it's just not organized.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so it's it's yeah, it's it's a reader. It's read and react, you know.
Speaker 1: It's like it's kind of similar to like if you remember in football, when the West Coast offense got you know, was really big with rib it was like, oh, if the they do this, you run this route.
Speaker 3: If they do that, you run that route. It's kind of more of that and so.
Speaker 1: And then defensively, it's always been organized chaos because take chances, I'll improvise, you know, I'll do And now you got two guys that will do that, you know, with myself and Jimmy. But the thing is is we don't just take risky chances, you know what I'm saying. We take like control ritis chances and so opportunities. Yeah, for sure, for sure, opportunistic chances.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. So that's what kind of what jim is getting at it. I agree. I love organized chaos as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, organized chaos on offense it's so unpredictable. You keep the defense off balance, and I think that is the beauty to to Steph Curry, Right, sure, that's the beauty. To Steph Curry, talk about your favorite three pointer. I know you've seen them all, but which one game one stands out the most. No, just in game one, just in this, just in this last game one, because the running thirty footer was sick.
Speaker 3: That was crazy.
Speaker 2: And then the one he hit over Thompson was even crazier. And he hit Fred with the boom back that was crazy too.
Speaker 1: But I'll say the one over Jalen Green, the degree of difficulty, I thought that was Thompson. That was Jalen Green. The one on the right wing where he was falling out of bounce was over That was.
Speaker 3: Okay. The one where he came in from.
Speaker 1: The back court was over Thompson, but the one where he was falling out of bounds was over John.
Speaker 3: I thought that was Thompson. Guard. No, I don't know how he got that off. The thing is not problem. He actually work on those shots.
Speaker 1: Like it's not like, oh man, he's just this great shooter and he get anything to go and like he work on those shots. So I would say that was my favorite one. Like falling out of the bounce, that was crazy. But the one over Thompson was so timely and it was so deep. Yeah, it was needed, it was needed, it was needed. It was time Batman, Batman Man.
Speaker 4: The NBA eighty two game grind is done. Now the real fun begins. The NBA Playoffs. Love them, They're here. Time for drama, clutch moments, Steph Curry, Lebron John dropping plays.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: If you're looking to make the playoffs even more exciting, DraftKings sports but cash you cover. They're the official sports betting partner of the NBA, playing games all the way to the finals. Now's the time to back your favorite players and teams as they chase glory. So all season long, DraftKings been the go to spot for NBA player props. That doesn't stop now. If you want to make your playoff experience even more intense, try placing a bet in your favorite player's performance. Will they drop thirty, forty, who knows?
Speaker 5: Or more?
Speaker 4: It's your call. If you're ready to place your first bet, download the DraftKings sports book app. Takes ninety seconds. Lock in your bets and let's make the playoffs unforgettable. Here's something special for first timers. DraftKings customers that are new bet five bucks. That's it, five bucks and get two hundred bonus bets instantly. Just make it a playoff run to remember. With DraftKings, download their sportsbook app takes ninety seconds to codes colin c l I N that is code colin. New customers get two hundred bucks in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one on over agent Eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNNG dot co. Slash audio.
Speaker 1: Man that was a big win, you know, come back home and maintain home court without Jimmy incredible. That's how you that's how you hold it down. I love the way we showed up. Yeah, yeah, showed up. The defense really showed up. It was a big win, especially without Jimmy. Steph went crazy. That was probably.
Speaker 2: One of the best Steph Curry packages that I've seen from not just killing you with the three, but from a league guard perspective, playmaker perspective, controlling the game tempo. He put all that together.
Speaker 3: I think he did that. He wasn't turning the ball over. That was me turned right, but he was.
Speaker 1: He wasn't turning the ball over, and he made every single play when we had nothing going on offensively, he just wheeled us because the defense, I think the defense was there. Like at one point, I think it was maybe six minutes to go in the half, five minutes to go and a half and they had thirty seven points and we had twenty four to twenty six or something like that. But we knew we couldn't hit any shots, and so Steve said in that time out, He's like, Yo, our defense is holding up. Just make sure the defense keep holding up. We will find the rhythm offensively, and we couldn't. But Chef got going and he just will just there to end that second half, that's second quarter, and we went in the high time of three going in, I mean down three, going in down three, were like, we're good, like because they weren't scoring the.
Speaker 3: Ball and we didn't play well and we're down three.
Speaker 1: And so he dominated the game like he completely controlled everything, even with the blitz. You know, the blitz is the blitz is made to seeze you up, like he was making control the ball. Yeah, absolutely, he was in total control. He got he got whatever it was that he wanted. If he wanted to make the pass and the blitz, he made the pass. He wanted to beat the trap, He beat the trap like he got whatever it was that he wanted when he wanted to it was.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful to see, like you said, especially with.
Speaker 1: Robbins as he calls himself with with with Robin hout Uh, it was beautiful to see man just complete domination.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Robin, Jimmy Butler, I g post thanks Batman and team excluding Buddy, I would have to agree with that.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll be picking on Buddy too. Damn Buddy, wake up as well.
Speaker 3: Tonight.
Speaker 1: Buddy showed up in a major way. Buddy hit big shots five for eleven for three. He sat down on the defensive end. He did like Buddy. Buddy played great basketball tonight, and Buddy got into it with Jason Green at the end. Yeah, what was out about? You know, we just call him Buddy out his name and stuff. You know, I don't really don't. I don't really rock with that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But it is what it is.
Speaker 1: You know, we move on to the next game. The game was over, we won the game. We move on to the next game. Man, you know how we rocket?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw Jimmy on the bench being vocal, talking to Kaminga, talking to Buddy, talk about his presidence out there even on the bench with those guys in that playoff environment, and what it means having him still as a presidence over there on the bench for yourself and then for the coamingias and the buddies.
Speaker 3: It was huge because Jimmy just see the game differently, you know.
Speaker 1: And although like, hey, when you're when you're on a bench with a coach or your coaching staff, the last thing you want is them coaching you up every play like you just kind of but when you got a teammate right there and they're coaching you up. It's a totally different vibe. And so it was just another It was just another coach on the bench. Uh that is kind of talking every single play. You know what I'm saying that he was locked into the game. He was, you know, dropping jewel over there and things that he saw.
Speaker 3: Man, it was it was great.
Speaker 1: Obviously we want him out there on the floor, but you know that wasn't possible today. So you take uh what he was bringing on the bench. You you you bottle that up however you can.
Speaker 3: He walked in.
Speaker 1: Looking like Frank Lucas with the mink coat on and started the game. So you knew he was coming. He was he was coming to the bench to bring a presence and he was definitely that presence of the bench.
Speaker 3: Shout out to my guy, Frank. Shut out to Frank Lucas. He had the Alo pass right there. It was fire. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You went with Frank walk in looking like that, gotta get it done. He got hot though, was hitting right and he came out.
Speaker 3: Of the boy walk out there with a company on. They got quick. You got the all. It was like a no And I look back up that moment was gone, I said.
Speaker 5: He made.
Speaker 1: Oh man, remember to subscribe to The Draymond Green Show with Baron Davis, so you don't miss any episodes and don't forget to follow us on all social media at Draymonds Show.
Speaker 2: All right, dumb nation, y'all know what's up? You and Jalen Green. Yeah, I was getting into it. Uh, and then Jalen Green said, you know, just talking. He can't really do much of anything, so talking is his only way. Jayleen Green on Draymond Green.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's cool. I don't do much. That's fine. I don't do much. I just do what I have to do. But I don't do much, you know what I'm saying. So he was balling, no problem. I'm happy he see it that way. That's incredible. Shout out to him.
Speaker 2: A lot of times those are like blanket statements because you can start believing that and then I ain't gonna say nothing.
Speaker 3: That's how you get to ask it. That's how you get to ask it.
Speaker 2: There's a fine line between respect and disrespect. You gotta be careful because they can't translate on the court as oh I don't feel like closing out or I ain't gonna try and box out or I'm just gonna let him drive to the hall, so you know, be careful. That's what I would say to the young FEMA, especially in the playoffs, because it's just a different level. It's a different level talk, and it's a different level of talking and backing it up when it comes to the playoffs. And we've seen that countless amount of times with really talented players going to the media and almost giving that energy out to themselves. I mean, you've seen it with PG, You've seen it with t MAC. You gotta be careful, especially and battle and go be in the series where you gotta battle it out.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about this tech. Let's talk about this tech.
Speaker 2: Okay, first, I thought we was gonna be uh more aware, oh my technical file.
Speaker 3: I was very aware of that. I was very aware. I'm like, bro, you wanted that tech.
Speaker 1: Then that was the third or fourth time somebody walking to me while I'm going for a lay up and it's not called. I had to get that one because clearly you ain't called it yet. You clearly ain't feeling my presence. So I'm gonna make sure you feel my presence now. I definitely wanted that one and then you know, I move on. It was a game changer, and I was like, I felt like that one was needed in that moment, and I went and I got it, and then we move on it. It also turned me up, So it was great and did it was great? It turned me up, Like I knew I needed that in that moment, and I did that and it was incredible. And yeah, that one wasn't unnecessary. That one was very necessary. Yeah, you ran ing down on that one. I was like, okay, joint one, fat teg. But it did spark a fire in the defense.
Speaker 2: Your defense in the fourth quarter, Well, you got some really big defensive players, a block bunch of stops to flex in the steal on Van Flick. I mean your instincts was bubbling, You was covering, right, You was covering. Uh, you was an architect on that defense. What were you saying out there?
Speaker 3: You know, I think when you that's not our third time planner.
Speaker 1: You know, like once you start to get to game three, D and four in the series, like there's not much that's going to happen that's going to be a surprise, you know, like you start to figure out what they like to get to what they like to go to when stuff ain't going well, you know, like you just start to figure different things out.
Speaker 3: And so for me, like after seeing the team the third time in a row, like, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Trust your instincts because more likely than not, your instinct is going to be right if you watch him, you.
Speaker 3: Know, if you study your stuff.
Speaker 1: And so I trusted my instincts a lot, but also know, I like we needed stops and we needed that win. And I knew that I needed to come up big on the defense and I couldn't quite find my rhythm offensively, So what are you going to do to impact the game. And for me, that was like, all right, I'm about to go down here. I'm gonna try to get every stop. I'm gonna try to get my hand in every play in one way or another. And you know I was able to cost some have it. You know, that last play was probably the most fun, with getting the outlet to GP of off the turnover. You know, but that was you know, that's just what it boils down to. I saw that he had soft Jalen Green open, so I saw it. I was, you know, I was the last line of defense. You see I just ran away from the rem because I saw that he saw him open and he turned his back, so I knew he thought he'd still be open. I took off out of there. I was able to come up with the ball and getting off the GP, and that put the finishing touches on the game.
Speaker 2: You know, having Jimmy out other players stepping up on the guard play in this game was huge. Gary Payton second had eleven of a sixteen points in the fourth quarter. Talk about his impact.
Speaker 1: Man, I thought GP was huge. He's one of the best finishers around the rim in the game for real. You know, he he doesn't play the guard position for us, and you know, me and Luna always joke with him like gu a small ball five, you know, like he got every finish around the rim that every big wish they at, you know, and like.
Speaker 3: He is extremely impressive.
Speaker 1: Then you know, he was getting those those dives to the rim, couple tough finishes and then all of a sudden the trade ball going in and we obviously know what he does on the defensive end, you know, so when you're getting that type of production from g on the offensive end, already knowing what he's doing on the defensive end. Like you said with robbing out, it was great because you needed that production from somewhere and it wasn't gonna be one guy. It gives you the production that Jimmy gives you. But as a collective, we can all do that to make up what he brings, you know, as a collective group.
Speaker 3: And that's how it got to be. When you missing one of your stars and G was man. G played some great basketball.
Speaker 1: He showed up, especially you know with the shoulder bothering him, you know, from the no call when he was tripped to Houston, showed up in a major way.
Speaker 3: Shout out to GP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about being a superstar in your bro He embodied that tonight. The physicality in the three ball, finishing inside, like he said, it steals the defense. It amazes me someone that small can play, you know, on the defensive end, can play with.
Speaker 3: One and switched to five and try and block the shot.
Speaker 2: I mean, his energy is incredib boy, and it's just good to see my little dog out there getting busy. Another one of my dog's buddy. He showed up for us today seventeen points. I know he has a good relationship with Jimmy obviously with the tweet what did you say the Buddy postgame about his performance Game three? Because Buddy, Buddy is a funny personality, man, that's my guy.
Speaker 3: Buddy's hilarious. Man. I know, I was just talking to him really throughout the game.
Speaker 1: Buddy used to be like, you gonna say somethingbody like he talked so fast and said, and now he's coming up to me like a dre. I should have got you the ball when Steven Adams was able to get to steal I need to And I'm like, wow, Buddy, like that is a.
Speaker 3: Huge step in the right direction.
Speaker 1: You're coming to seek me on to talk about this, So jim what Jimmy's doing must.
Speaker 3: Be working, because no, but Buddy, honestly, man, he was huge.
Speaker 1: He hit big shots, timely threes, He hit some very timely threes, and he was good on the defensive end. It was good to see Buddy hout that game. Like I said, need a collective guys stepping up, and Buddy was right there in the mix for us.
Speaker 3: We're gonna need him continue to play that way.
Speaker 1: Also, shout out to Steve because I know people was calling for Steve like, oh why you're still playing Buddy, and Steve say, I'm going to continue to play Buddy. You saw show that's what his shot making ability. We need that shot making ability out there on the floor. And a locked in buddy is a very good buddy. So we gonna need Buddy continue to stay locked in like that. Shots won't fall every single night, but when you're a great shooter like he is, they far most nights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he don't get open, He'll get open. And he was playing on the defensive end, he was playing scrappy. He will get his shots. As long as he don't chase him, he gonna get open and have opportunities to make shots.
Speaker 3: And he was big, he was huge. I also wanted to speak about Jonathan His defense starting off on Jalen Green was huge, big time talking.
Speaker 1: Him big talk the game and when you don't allow guy, when you don't allow a guy to get a rhythm to start the game, that can change the game for offensive players.
Speaker 3: So also wanted to speak on that.
Speaker 1: Johnas and Kaminia's defensive pressure on the ball to start the game was huge.
Speaker 2: Mongers huge, huge, especially Jalen Green coming off that game to performance where he was just having his way to establish that at the beginning of the game. It's saying, you, buddy, are going to get the attention that you deserve. You know, I've been waiting for that for Kaminia. I've been waiting for that all year, and so it was a joy to see that. So shout out to Jonathan Kaminga for stepping up in the beginning and establishing himself on the defensive end because now he's going to have a breakthrough offensive game. Mark my words, and you got haven't been playing. It hasn't been a high scoring series.
Speaker 1: Facts, I think we still got a breakout game for sure, and.
Speaker 2: Just talking about everybody stepping up. Jimmy, Jimmy Butler is still questionable for Game four. I don't know if he's going to try and play, but if he does, uh, you know there's a chance if he plays.
Speaker 3: You know, you're looking to go up three to one going into game four.
Speaker 2: What do you have to improve on for the rest of the series, and then especially if Jimmy is out, what are the things you guys have to do.
Speaker 3: To better your chances to close this series. I have to improve personally.
Speaker 1: I gotta stop turning the god down ball I agree that is my self improvement us as a team, I think we cleaned up that in the night, we only had ten turnovers. As a team, I think we improve offensive rebound wise, saying that they still have fifteen, let's get that the eleven. Get that to eleven or twelve, so I think, and then some of those be like two or three offensive rebounds on the same possession. So sometimes the numbers can look a little more skew than it actually is. But overall, I thought we did a great job on the defensive boards. But what I think the one thing that I would like to see us improve up on as a team is just continue to improve our game plan discipline.
Speaker 3: We have a very young team.
Speaker 1: It's there a lot of guys first time in the playoffs, first time in this situation, and so as you continue to get more and more experienced under your belt in the playoffs, you hope to see guys continue to take those steps. And what I will say through three games, for if you come to playing, I've seen guys taking those steps. But we all know we can be better, and so I'd just like to see us continue to improve up on our game plan discipline.
Speaker 3: Just as a team overall.
Speaker 2: I truly believe when the shot clock is running down, when the ball is in the non score we meaning the three to four on the five scorers on the team, y'all got active. And what I mean getting active, you start, you shut down the next pass. So a lot of those one on one opportunities wind up in the hands of a Dylan Brooks right trying to make plays eat trying to make plays. And I think that was really really that was really balanced and a focused defense when you can when you know, like oh, Dylan Brooks got the bass eight seconds, make him make the play. But at the same time, I also think that when you guys do do that and you see people like Dylan Brooks or Thompson, you got to be aware and that they will miss shots and that's how them offense. The rebounds happen because you start, you start looking at the shot, looking at the miss, and then that's how they attack. But it was great defense at the end of the game because you start allowing the ball on the defensive side to go to a weekend offensive score. And that's why I think you guys were successful tonight.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, that was huge for sure, and I wouldn't necessarily say that was game plan. You know, it's just kind of you filling the game out as you're out there. I think anytime you can take first couple options away, make teams do what they don't necessarily want to do is always going to be good. So yeah, man, shout out to our defense again, my guy Jerry Stackhouse. He has a certain mentality that he brings to the defense and we just try to follow that.
Speaker 3: What's up, our fans. We got some great news.
Speaker 1: We're thrilled to announce that the new show merchandise is available. The site is now live, so you can check it out and grab your favorites. Go to the d G B D Show dot com. That's the d G D D Show dot com.
Speaker 2: If you're watching on YouTube, there's a QR code on the screen that you can scan. You can click the link and the YouTube description for all the listeners had to Draymond Show on TikTok ig x Facebook and hit the website link and the bio to access the merch store. Yo, we finally get some merch for the show. Baby, we get the fans be able to rock the merge, rock the show.
Speaker 3: Tap in with us I think these should be the shirts on the cease at the game. Come on, let's do it. We meet that game and forward need Come on, man, let's do it. I'll be at the game. We can get that cracking.
Speaker 1: Were excited to have all y'all represent the show. So go to the dgbdshow dot com and get the new merch.
Speaker 2: Game seven clutch you catch through. Oh man, that was the hell of the game. Man on the road Game seven and Houston. You had sixteen points, five sist, six rebounds. Defensively, it was a master class. This is your fifth time winning versus Houston. Was it a celebration because this was a tough series? Was it a celebration or was it was like was it like, oh man, we just we happy we got out of this.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the celebration is goes as far as what you see guys doing on the court, the video that you may see in the hallway, if there's a video, the locker room speech, that's about as much as a celebration as it's gonna get out.
Speaker 3: I think you know, like we ain't turning up or lit that we want. You gotta move on from it fast.
Speaker 1: But you're you're there's an excitement about as you know, and just closing out a series, right like, and so yeah, like we never take that for granted because, as you know, every series is hard.
Speaker 3: Like I don't care how good you are, I don't care if you team.
Speaker 1: It wasn't easy, Like, it's just it's very hard to do. And so you share different moments with different people, right, like the moment that me and Steph share there and Steve this different moment.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Because we've gone in this place five times. I mean we've played against this team five times in the playoffs and beat them all five times. Like we've won now two game sevens in this arena against two different regimes, by the way, like two completely different teams.
Speaker 3: Like they were really good and got really really really really really really really bad. Yeah, and then just got really good, really good. I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So like we've gone through all of that and here we are, and so it's like that appreciation for that, getting that first playoff win with Jimmy, you know, that playoff series win with Jimmy, like and sharing in that with him, like obviously you know.
Speaker 3: He's been there, right, but we haven't done that together, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So you got that like that small celebration there, you got like the small celebration amongst the guys that this is their first time winning the playoff series. You know what I'm saying, like real small. The ain't no real celebration there. I would say there's more of an appreciation than a celebration.
Speaker 2: That one felt good. And you know, Houston was my team, one of my sleeper teams for the year. I gotta give a shout out. You know, I picked them out. I have a great season. I think for you guys, it felt like like the monkey was off your back. Right as an underdog, you jump out, you get the lead.
Speaker 3: In the series.
Speaker 7: But you know this team had a lot a lot of fight, right. And I love a quote.
Speaker 2: I think your quote at the end when you found the camera saying good night has been real? Like that was a bar, right because y'all been going back and forth. You know, damn they're fighting.
Speaker 7: It was a scrappy series. So the good night it's been real?
Speaker 3: That was a bar. I gotta give you got a gee I probb, So now that was a bar.
Speaker 1: That was a straight bar. I appreciate that. Man, that felt good. You know, it's like it has been real but good night.
Speaker 3: It's a rock. We're moving on to the next one.
Speaker 1: But hard fast series. Man, you know, one of the toughest series I've played in. If I'm honest, them boys was tough.
Speaker 3: Young boy, Buddy, He'll went off thirty three points nine three pointers.
Speaker 5: Bowd time, Buddy, that's my boy. Listen, Buddy was right on time, boud time, Buddy, Baby, Yes, he was right on time.
Speaker 1: Buddy had like this serious ass demeanor, like Buddy's never serious. He had like this serious ass demeanor the last couple of days. And when we got off the bus to walk into the shoot around, I was walking behind Buddy. He was first, and I'm walking in and I could see how he's walking like he's walking with like a a slide, but it's like a power watch, just like serious as hell. And he just kept like he was so vocal and everything was just so matter of fact, like you think he'd been in this situation a million times, Like he.
Speaker 3: Was so dialed in. I'm actually not surprised he had that game. He was so dialed in. Well, when I saw him walking in, I was dis close, and I wish I would have done it. I was going to record him walking in because he was walking so powerful. I'm not surprised at all that he had that game, but it was great to see him have that game. I know the amount of work he put in, and I know the amount of slander that he's caught all year at different times, and so to see him have that game on the biggest stage in Game seven, like you see how tight guys can get. Look at Dylan Brooks, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like you see Houston was tight, like out there playing on the floor against him, like you could feel it. Friend Van Bleet wasn't tight, you know what I'm saying. But they were tight and and and we could fill out, we consense it. The arena was tight, like you consisted. They knew what was coming. They like not these dudes again, and everybody in the gym knew what was happening. It was the worst kept secret. And Buddy was the opposite, but he was amongst a group that was like whatever, like it is what you know, We're good. Like Steve come in like it's cool, We're good, a straight you know, Steph do the finger roll high up in the layup line, and when he made it, he'd go jumping around everybody. He made it, everybody out there dancing like we was loose and and I think Buddy was able to feed off of that as well, whereas opposed to those guys they went the opposite way.
Speaker 2: It was, yeah, you just taking seven, Game seven, you get you know, Yeah, Game seven is just tough because all you're thinking about the night before, if you've never been in one, is like, man, I finally get to be in the game seven, What am I gonna do? And you saw Houston in the beginning, even Sagoon missing easy bunnies, Jalen Green missing shots, Stalen Brooks missing easy ones. Outside of van Fleet and Thompson, those are the only real force they had and they had to scrap. Y'all made them scrap for everything. And that's what play off Game seven, Championship basketball. It is all about one thousand percent, you know.
Speaker 1: Going into that game, we made some adjustments on how to dice their zone up, which was genius by Steve Stots. We diced that zone up, which then forced them to have to take Steven Adams out. And that's the lineup they was doing. That's the lineup that was doing the damage.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We diced that zone up right.
Speaker 1: So and Steve just said it like, yo, we gotta get fifty to fifty balls and not turn the ball up like, ain't no major adjustments to be made.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna be loose.
Speaker 1: You catching you open fire, Like we're going out there loose and they're going to tighten up.
Speaker 3: He the one, so he said, this arena gonna be tight. They gonna be tight.
Speaker 1: Everybody gonna be tight, and we're going out there. We're gonna be loose. We fired and we're going to get this win.
Speaker 3: Man, it was fun. I think you know, like you said, Thompson played with a lot of force.
Speaker 1: Uh. He he got a change, special, tough, He live in the moment. A lot of respect for young fella. He is special. The way he defends, the way he get downhill. Yeah, he's certain of himself. He athletic as hell. Yeah, he relentless. A lot of respect for the young fella man. Uh special, he's special. Singo, got a lot of respect for him. You know, I've played against played against a lot of guys and I always tell people, man, in a playoff, series. One of two things happen. You either completely lose respect for someone or you gain a lot of respect for someone because you see who really real. And when these playoffs happen, you know what I'm saying, you see a lot of people fade.
Speaker 3: You get to see who really real. You also get to see how people are after the game, which we'll talk about. But Sengoon real man. He ain't back down at all. What I would say to him if I was his OG, he can take it right from here.
Speaker 1: Flop a little less, embellish, a little less because with a defender like me, he doing that my feet off that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He real He ain't he physical, He ain't backing down. He got a bag, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He and he twenty three years old, like I don't think you realize you ain't got a young squn. Absolutely so, he real a lot of respect for him. The way Jabbari played in this series. Obviously, Stephen Adams Brevant, we know that the day the Don's over there, you know, But Jabbari Smith, he was huge in this series for them shots. Uh, he got loose balls, you know. He tried to put pressure on our defense. Those guys I just named all those guys. A lot of respect for those guys, may on how they acted after the game. You know, you see a lot about you see a lot come out and tell you a lot about a guy.
Speaker 3: And I didn't see. I didn't see Jalen Green after the game, but some of the guys told me that he was out there. So respect. But Dylan Brooks ran off the court.
Speaker 1: So when I say, you see what guys has made of he ran off the court like ain't shaking nobody up.
Speaker 3: And you was like you you. You admitted that you were trying to hurt steph Hand, which again fine by.
Speaker 1: Me, bro, like get it, we all get it when you hoop. You know what I'm saying. So if you're gonna be on that type of time on the press all the time, you gonna be talking, you're gonna be wolf. Don't lose and then not face the music. Don't be that guy, because again, you lose a lot of respect for guys in that moment. I had a moment with Dylan Brooks back when he was with Memphis, and I said, the dynasty start after you. And the reason I said that is because things like that, because bro, you like so, then guess what did Tarry Easton do it?
Speaker 3: He lead the court.
Speaker 1: I got love for Tarry east And his mom was talking, you know what I'm saying. My mom almost had to get out of though, absolutely, you know. And I ended up catching him right before he was about to walk out there ring and he was like, he was walking this way so he ain't have to come by me. But I could in my distance, I could see him right there. I said to him, I like, wave him now, and I went and I adopted him up. And that was kind of a little safe. But don't be that guy man like you don't like to teach, you lose a series teach. But that's who Dylan Brooks is, you know what I'm saying. And we understand, like you a sucker man you like. But but Tari said, he not you know what I'm saying. And like I said, his mom was talking and saw I love. I don't get off into that. I got a lot of love for young fella because the way you go about his business, the way he play the game, I got a lot of love for him. Don't be like that because you lose respect when when guys lose respect for you in this league, like it don't matter, and it's gonna catch you in the end, you know what I'm saying, Like Dylan Brooks couldn't come through in this series in large part because nobody on the court respects you. So anything you do the way's gonna be looked at, the way it's gonna be received. It ain't beneficial to your team when you're trying to winchampionships, you know what I'm saying. When you're trying to compete at the highest level and you that type of guy, it ain't beneficial to your team and they catch you in the end.
Speaker 3: So they front office trying to run off and not say what's up, you know, like all that.
Speaker 1: Like But like I said, e May ten toes, you know what I'm saying, Big smile, hug love, you know what I'm saying. But you know I, like I said, I gained a lot of respect for a lot of guys over there. Not that I ever had much respect for dude, but just show why you don't, you know what I'm saying, And Tar East and I still got love and respect for here a young fella like that follow clowns man, be careful, be the almost. I left the court one time after losing the series. It was right after we lost to uh to the Cavs in twenty sixteen. I left the court, walked to the locker room. I got to my seat, and for me, it was just such a whirld and I'm like, man, we just lost.
Speaker 3: Man. I got to my seat, I'm like, what am I doing? I got out my seat, walks back out.
Speaker 1: There, shook everybody up, congratulated there, and then went back to the locker room, like, don't be that guy.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be that guy.
Speaker 2: All right, damn Nation, y'all know what's cracking the area. Steph Curry showed up in the second half. In the fourth quarter. He scored fourteen of his twenty two points. He led throughout the game, and he was waiting for his moment. Talk about his preparation or what you was what you saw with him during the game. It felt like he was pacing himself for that time.
Speaker 1: I don't think he was necessarily pacing himself. I think, you know, one thing, or being patient or being patient. He was definitely patient. But you know, everybody been talking about the meeting. You know, I spoke my piece in the meeting, and one of the things that Steph said in the meeting, he said, controller controllables. That's essentially what Raymon understand. Control the controllables. Control what you can control. So I know I can control turn not turn the ball over. I know I can control what I do on the defensive end. I know I can control getting loose balls. I'm going to control those things. And so in saying that, one of the things that Steve has said to myself, and I'm sure he said the things same thing to Steph here when when we sat and had that conversation that everybody's talking about. One of the things he said to me, he said, it's my job to tell you what it means for you leading tonight, like what we need from your leadership tonight. Is my job to emotionally prepare you for that. And he gave me some gems over there. But they're saying that Steph's job last night was to not turn the ball over, and so he played such a patient game because he wasn't going to take any risk. He was going to not turn the ball over because that's what it required for us to win that game. You know, what Don's do when it's time to win the game seven. They do what's required. You know, when we played a Sacramento, you know what was required to him. It was required to him to get fifty for us and John when it got fifty. Dons do what they have to do when it needs to be done. And that's what the game called for from Steph. And he was patient, and then he took over when it was time to send them boys home on their way, he took over and he did what he had to do down to stretch him and Jimmy buckets, you know.
Speaker 3: So it was, you know, it was. It was beautiful to see his floor game. I like watching that version of Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: That is my favorite version of Steph Curry. He lent the team in rebounds, steals, blocks, but his pace, right, his pace, even though he playing at the same high frequency, the way he was thinking about the game, the way he was involving people, He turned down opportunities for another opportunity, knowing that the opportunity was gonna come back. It was magical to see super duperstars, right, iconic players operate and paint at a different pace.
Speaker 3: Than everybody else.
Speaker 2: Right, fact fact, it was like, who oh, hold on, okay, he leaving the team in rebounds. He doing all the little things. Yeah that like you say, control that cover you gotta cover yourself. And then Jimmy went on his own six ho' run in the fourth to put the game away. We see the dynamic of what's Steph controlling the game and what Steph can do in the fourth quarter than that Jimmy dynamic of Hey, you paying so much attention to Steph Curry that go Jimmy with the mysols I told you about right, He gets big buckets because people forget that he's on the floor. For some strange reason, they forget that he on the floor because he wind up with an iso. They don't double right, and he gets to a spot and he's man, he's money.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is now Jimmy's great man offensively and defensively, a presence his IQ. Jimmy be out there talking everybody through everything, like yo, we do this, just do this, this will kill him, just do that thing.
Speaker 3: Do this.
Speaker 1: He diabolical with it. Man, It's so dope to be on the side. When you play somebody in the playoffs, you get to see what's real obviously we never got the opportunity to play Jimmy in the playoffs, and so to play with him and be in the playoffs, like just get to see it.
Speaker 2: It's really exciting Jimmy again. It's real congratulations on game seven. Moving right along
Speaker 1: The volume