Speaker 1: Wake Up, Wake Up, the mall and the radio, the Dods, Lunchbox, Morgan too, sevree out of trying to put you through five, He's running this Whig's next bit. The Bobby's on the box, so you know what this.
Speaker 2: The Bobby vall time for the news.
Speaker 3: Bobby's Story.
Speaker 2: Chuck Woollery of two and two. You know what that's from? Amy?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I love connection.
Speaker 2: He died. He was also the original host of Will of Fortune. He was eighty three years old. He was in a country band when he first started like he was a country singer in the pop duo, in the half pop half country duo, the avant Garde, and then he got hired as the Will of Fortune host, which later was taken over by Pat Jack. But he died eighty three years old. Rest in peace to Chuck Woolery. Do you have extended family visiting for the holidays? They say, do not feel pressure to ask them to stay with you?
Speaker 3: You have Wait what I would? I would not. I don't feel pressure. I would be like, hey, you're welcome to stay here.
Speaker 2: But that's the pressure, especially if you don't like know the or like love them.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just feel like the more the mirror in the house for the holidays.
Speaker 2: But I guess like extended family where you're like, eh, like cousins and stuff like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, blow up mattresses, make room for everybody. Well well yeah everybody. You go sleep with that person that will just make more room sleep on the couch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like extended because you don't really know that. I mean you like kind of know. Family members feel selfish or wrong when they suggest that relatives stay at a hotel or elsewhere. But mental experts say you should vanish the thought. If it overstresses your marriage or your kids to have different guests in your home, then ask your relatives to stay at a hotel. They mostly won't care either, they say, And your ultimate goal is to have quality moments with the six tended family. They will understand that.
Speaker 3: That support that. I agree with that like to release yourself of any guilt you feel not inviting them, But if you want to go for it.
Speaker 2: That is from When Difficult Relatives Happen by Leonard Felder.
Speaker 3: It's a difficult relatives.
Speaker 2: I Here's how music has changed. In twenty twenty four. More music is being released every single day than was released in an entire year in like nineteen eighty nine or nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's because they's so much easier.
Speaker 2: You just loaded up, send it to a DSP and they load it right. You can do so much more of it at home. It's so much easier to make. But yeah, in twenty twenty four, they are making and releasing more music than ever before. Again, it's easier to make, it's easier to release when back in the day nineteen eighty nine, nineteen ninety you had to create it, press it onto a CD, get it to a place, hopefully you get someone to distribute it. But yeah, there are millions of songs that go up every single day that is from consequence. It's hard to find. And I would compare this to new TV. It's hard to find new good music that you really like because again, there's just so so much of it. So it's like, I don't even know where to start. There's so much, and you know what, I give up. I'll go back and listen to John Mayer. It's like a television show and you have one hundred options up there, and you're like, oh, I'm just gonna watch the office, you know, same kind of deal. Unless something unless somebody recommends it to you. We are in the space now of it's so hard for anything to cut through and catch on that you need somebody that you like and has similar sensibilities to go, hey, this show is really good because then you go check it out. Same thing with music, especially with me now, like the times of me just going like, let me just explore. There's just too much. There's too much. I'm probably missing more than i'm checking out. So I need somebody to go, hey, I think you'd like this.
Speaker 4: You know who's good at that.
Speaker 5: TikTok TikTok feeds me a lot of music, and I'm like, I like that.
Speaker 2: It's called an algorithm. Yes, it's because you like other things like that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, But like TV shows, whenever do we see a commercial for a TV show and then go watch it, I don't know, ten fifteen years, I'm sure at some point I was like, oh, check out this new show, friends, I should watch that. It looks like a hot No.
Speaker 3: I would say probably eighty percent of what I watched on TV is something you've recommended.
Speaker 2: Or just somebody that you trust to go, hey, this is a good show.
Speaker 3: I going to trust you and Caitlyn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there's two people. Then I appreciate that. From NBCLA this woman finds a naked dude living under her house.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I think this is the thing. I know. She was ninety three years old, and I would imagine this guy probably targeted somebody older.
Speaker 3: You can't hear as well.
Speaker 2: And yeah, see, not so much like going attacker or take advantage of her. But yeah, course if her senses are as good, Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 4: And why was he naked? He's just sleeping kind of sleeps.
Speaker 2: He had a tear gas. You know, I didn't really say why he's naked.
Speaker 4: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I would have been naked under the under a house right a lot. I probably had extra clothes on under a house.
Speaker 4: Rats.
Speaker 6: Bugs.
Speaker 2: Last thing I want to do is see like a centipede on my centipedeum.
Speaker 4: Me, I don't want that.
Speaker 6: No, you don't want that.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Finally, this is from a Progressive Insurance survey. Studies found that a majority of managers have quit on fantasy football by now because their team can't make the playoffs. Right before Thanksgiving is the most popular time the season for players to give up and they stop checking their team because they don't care who starts. And so this is with fantasy playoffs starting in mid December, most people that are out of it just quit because they don't have By the way, you're a loser if you do this, because you owe it to the rest of your league to continue to start your players, because there are still positions that haven't been filled in the playoffs that are depending on you not being.
Speaker 3: A more on unless just like you can't quit right.
Speaker 2: Well, there's I don't know if there's a rule ever that you can't quit.
Speaker 4: We do what do we do? A penalty or something?
Speaker 2: If you miss and you you start up, you don't start a player, or you do start a player that's out, there's a five dollars penalty.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so that's that's good. I think that holds people accountable.
Speaker 2: How y'all, how y'all take it under the house.
Speaker 3: Are y'all still in your teams?
Speaker 2: I've never not made the playoffs.
Speaker 5: I don't think my history have never ever, But I care, No, I care too, but I missed the playoffs all the time.
Speaker 2: Bobby's story. There's a voicemail. We got over the.
Speaker 7: Weekend, so I matched with a guy on a dating app.
Speaker 2: And he was super cute.
Speaker 7: You know, in his pictures he was throwing baseball, like pitching baseballs. He had knees on his shoulders, he was pitching.
Speaker 3: On a boat.
Speaker 7: He pulls up to pick me up. He's in like a little coop mustang.
Speaker 8: All of a sudden, I'll.
Speaker 9: Say, oh, yeah, I'm almost I'm getting ready, like, you know, giving his sack that you can come up if you want.
Speaker 7: Oh I can't. He nods to the back of his coop. It's a wheelchair. He did not disclose that he was paralyzed permanently. What would you guys have done in the situation. Is that cat fishing?
Speaker 3: Let me know, Wow, I don't know that that's catfishing, but definitely probably should be disclosed.
Speaker 2: Let me think about this. It wasn't in any of the pictures that he is nothing so right, right, So here's a question. Let's take it out out of this because I think we obviously have sympathy for the guy because he's in a wheelchair, or that is going to remove us from making an unbiased decision because we're feeling sympathy for a situation for a person. We don't know what if the guy's seven foot three and never discloses the seven foot three and everything is all the pictures he's in. He is just like standing next to trees and stuff and it looks normal sized and he's like eating a sandwich, but he's sitting in a chair and you never know he's seven foot three. He knocks on the door and you're like, holy crap, did you not say you were seven foot three? Do you feel like that would have been some sort of catfishing? Because that is something that is not extremely common. It's a physical thing that's happening with him that he had that maybe people wouldn't want to date him if they say seven foot three. So he doesn't say it. There's nothing wrong with it, but he's had bad luck on people giving him a chance initially because he's seven foot three or four foot ten.
Speaker 3: So just so you know, on dating apps, there's a height option where you fill out your height.
Speaker 2: I don't have to though, And then what do you do with a this is your height if you're in a wheelchair. I literally don't know the answer for R.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know either. But I have seen that guy. So I have seen a guy on my when I was on a dating app, like he was in a wheelchair, and he showed himself living life in his wheelchair, even dancing on a dance floor like someone spinning him around, like it was a whole thing. So he was very upfront about it, which I think is how you should be.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think if I were the guy and I'm putting myself in his place and people had rejected meet, I was getting no matches because I showed I was in a wheelchair, I probably wouldn't just risk it and show up and be like, you didn't say no to me, not in a wheelchair, So you're already feeling like no that I'm in a wheelchair. I think that's a tough situation for the guy because he's probably not gonna get a lot of swipes. I don't is it catfish, and I think it's like perch fishing. I don't think it's as big a fish. And I think just like the four foot ten guy or the seven foot eight guy, because that's just not common, they're probably tortured on the inside because they know they're like a good person. And people aren't fairly giving them an opportunity. So they think if they can just show up in person and be given an opportunity, they can actually have that opportunity. I see that, but do what. Yeah, that's a tough one because also, if I'm the guy, I'm probably gonna disclose it because it's like somebody who wears a hat in every picture, but it's bald. Now are they lying? No, they're not lying because they're not. They don't have fake hair using young, younger picture. But all of a sudden they get there and they're like, oh what a day. They pull their head off and you're like, oh my god, that's a bald head. They didn't lie, but now you're having to deal with that later. Ah, that's just a tough that's a tough one.
Speaker 3: What I tend to see happen with that is they all like, say, there's six photos total, and you're scrolling down. The first five they have a hat, but then the sixth one they reveal, you know, their hair color, or their hair style or their hair head.
Speaker 2: If I was bald, I did the same thing. I would never show my head. Yeah, Espuch crops embarrassed of it and they just hope they gave me the benefit of that. When I got there, I'm gonna say, was a catfishing, No, because catfishing is often done with an intent of screwing somebody over or misleading someone to the point of getting something from them. Was a little perch fishing, probably because he probably needed a perch fish or for people to give him a shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you liked him so far. Yeah, you're like, maybe you don't miss out on someone awesome.
Speaker 2: But you said it was catfishing.
Speaker 3: At first, I didn't say calfishing. No, I said, I do think you should disclose it, And I also see your point.
Speaker 2: I don't think you should have to disclose it, because we don't disclose everything on those apps. Trust me, you don't disclose most stuff. You just disclose like your greatest Hits album. And then you get there and you're like, maybe you like some deeper cuts. Hopefully you do, but I can understand everybody feeling a little awkward there. I don't have an absolute answer on that, and I hope that I need to know what happened. Did you go out with them?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What if they end up getting married? This would be the greatest story would be so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it can also be the opposite to where she just never went outside.
Speaker 3: Yeather than that frees him up to meet the right person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's just what people say whenever they've been very unlucky so far. Morgan, what do you think about this?
Speaker 10: I don't know that it's hat fishing, but I do think anytime you lie about any version of you that's like a permanent part of your life, I think is not a good thing.
Speaker 2: Just like with kids, you want somebody to be upfront that they have kids. I would never show I had kids on it on a dating end because he didn't lie. I would. You guys wrong, you don't have to.
Speaker 3: There's you don't have to, Okay, Well, good luck out there.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's a version of line, and I do think it could be I mean, dishonest, but I don't feel like he's cat fishing for the sake of like getting something. Cat fishing to me is somebody tricking somebody with like a different motive.
Speaker 10: There is hat fishing, but fishing in general just means you're you're tricking somebody to do something, And technically he did because if she wouldn't have gone with it.
Speaker 3: Then she did trick her to go on the date with him.
Speaker 2: He didn't show anything that wasn't real. There was nothing real that he didn't show.
Speaker 3: No, but he's not one hundred percent.
Speaker 10: And it also shows let me like, when I see somebody lying about big things like this, it shows.
Speaker 2: He's lying secure about it, yes, because he's probably been rejected for it so many times. But I don't think he's lying. If he's literally posting pictures from his life, I don't think he's lying. And now you could be omitting if you think lying.
Speaker 3: Iss youmt Yes, you're paralyzed.
Speaker 2: What I'm pro the guy that's paralyzed and you guys aren't. You guys are haters for know what, there's a hat fishing.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: I'd have fish like.
Speaker 12: Crazy, Okay, I wouldn't have any kids. I'd have a hat on and I would never sure, dude, I would be just I'd get there and be like, Okay, you've seen everything the best. So I'm trying to convince you now because you were going to say no beforehand. Okay, we got to take a break. That's tough, and thank you.
Speaker 2: Hey, let us know if you went on the date or if you didn't go on the date.
Speaker 4: Thanks, that's a crazy one.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you.
Speaker 7: So I mastered with a guy on a dating app, and.
Speaker 8: He was super cute.
Speaker 7: You know in his pictures he was throwing baseball, like pitching baseballs. He had knees on his shoulders. He was fishing on the boat.
Speaker 3: He pulls up to.
Speaker 4: Pick me up.
Speaker 7: He's in like a little coop Mustang. All of a sudden, I'm say.
Speaker 9: Oh, yeah, I'm almost then getting ready, like.
Speaker 7: You know, give me us like eating love if you want.
Speaker 3: Oh I can't.
Speaker 7: He nods to the back of his coop. It's a wheelchair. He did not disclose that he was paralyzed permanently. What would you guys have done in this situation? Is that cat fish?
Speaker 11: Let me know.
Speaker 2: That was a call we got a minute ago. I want to go to Heather in Boston. Heather, welcome to the show. What do you want to say?
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning studio.
Speaker 2: What I.
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 9: I am a wheelchair user also on a dating PAP. So I wanted to give you some perspective and as someone who is showing up on the dates in a wheelchair. Okay, So I when I first started dating, I said you know, I want people to get to know my personality first. I want to have people get to know who I am and not physically what I look like. And that got me into some trouble because as soon as guys found out it would they would fade away. They really it was like, I don't want to get into this. I don't really know if I can take this on. I don't know what they thought they would be taking on. There's a lot of assumption around wheelchair users. And so then I started putting pictures of myself in a wheelchair and just like kind of disposing it in like a funny way, like right now, I think I have on my app that like I have amazing parking spaces, but you might have to reach something on the top shelf. So I'm just trying to like kind of bring some humor to it because I feel like I don't want anybody feeling bad for me, Like I don't want sympathy. I want empathy. I want people to understand that everyone has challenges that they are that they go through in their life, whether it's permanent or temporary, and wheelchair users can be very sexy and we have lives that are intimate, and we want lives that are intimate, and we can have very fulfilling lives like I'm a mom, I work full time. I drive, it's amazing. I love my life. And I use a wheelchair and it's okay.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about this more during break. I don't say I was missing a right foot. I wouldn't disclose that. I want to just close it. Let's say I's missing a left arm, my right eye doesn't work.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Close that crap. I just if I don't hate the guy for not disclosing it. I don't think it's cat fishing again, perch fishing, I can get like hat fishing. I think it's perch fishing. I don't think it's cat fishing, which is why it's not called cat fishing. It's messed up. But I just think if you're probably told no so many times without even giving a chance, you'd probably get to the point where you're like, all right, I'm gonna go into this, and I'm gonna not have this preconceived notion of what I can and can't do. I'm gonna show up and then then if they want to say no, but they're probably gonna feel so guilty when I get there to say no, they're going to go on the date with me, and then I have a chance. Once you're in the room, you got a chance. Yeah, that's how I feel after the.
Speaker 3: Break, even after what she said about just that she used to do that but then it didn't really work out for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh okay, yeah, because I don't really feel like she was pro or anti my feeling. I just know me as my feeling, I would have been like, man, if I've been told no so many times because it's something unfairly happened to me, I'm not even gonna allow this to be a barrier until it's a barrier. So yeah, I mean even then, I may even lie, may even do like aim Heather, I really appreciate the call. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, I have a great day. Let's go to Eric and Oklahoma City.
Speaker 4: Eric.
Speaker 2: Let's go Eric, You're on what's up?
Speaker 4: Buddy?
Speaker 11: Hey Bobby? First of all, morning studio.
Speaker 5: So Bobby, I have a question for you, sir.
Speaker 11: Were you at the OU Alabama?
Speaker 3: Gag?
Speaker 2: No? I was not?
Speaker 11: Why well, because I run a dominoes in Oklahoma City and there was a gentleman that came in, and I could have sworn that it was you, clean shaven, almost.
Speaker 3: The white like a It was like a cream cream turtleneck.
Speaker 11: We looked up your face from the Bobby Show, the Bobby Bone Show, h page and I'm telling you, dude, you have a twin out there, you know, married identical twin.
Speaker 2: Most people just think somebody in dark grim glasses in my twin. I'll get tagged on stuff and look, I know I am no beauty queen, trust me. However, there are some busted dudes. They get that. I get tagged down like I think it's Bobby Bones, and I'm like, look again, I know I ain't at ten. I'm not little insulted right now that you think that's me.
Speaker 3: There's other clues, though, not that your wife is from Oklahoma, so it makes sense you might be at an Oklahoma game. Also, creme color.
Speaker 4: A couple of things.
Speaker 2: One Oklahoma city, I guess is a north of Norman forty five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I guess you don't wear turtlenecks, dude, a cream color turtleneck.
Speaker 3: I could see it. I mean, I got I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the next I agree there's because my wife is from Oklahoma. All my family they're massive OU fans. Yeah, it makes sense. My point was sometimes they'll be like, hey, we see Bobby Bones here and it's like, uh oh, you guys with glasses, and I'm like, that's not me. I'm not slop with glasses because I have glasses on. But if I was, I'd lie in my profile, if I was dating and new, and I'd be like, no, this is you know, give me a chance. Hey, Eric, that was not me. Did the person tip? Well, at least.
Speaker 13: They did, And that was the other thing.
Speaker 11: Amy actually hit it on the head. I'm a longtime listener about ten years, and I know that your wife's family and all that stuff out here, and the other thing you kind of sawt oz. I've never heard you talk about pepperoni pizches, and that's what this guy got.
Speaker 3: But other than that, it was pretty.
Speaker 11: Much identically you. So I'm telling you genetically, you got another another Bobby running around.
Speaker 2: I need to see the person I know anyway, glasses. I need to see the person. So let me ask this, Eric. If let's say somebody is really nice on the phone, if they do a phone order anymore I'm not sure how many phone orders there are versus like online orders now, because back in the day we'd have to call on the phone. If they're really nice, would you do like extra pepperonis for them?
Speaker 11: Oh? Absolutely, and oh absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more more with honey than vinegar. You now be nice people. They do nice things. Okay, Eric, Well, I'm sorry that wasn't me. I do love pepperoni pizza. Nothing else on ad pizza last night, by the way, and I ordered no peppers. Guess what they put on it?
Speaker 4: Peppers?
Speaker 2: Peppers take them. Yeah, but it runs the whole thing. Then you got to get in and it rips the cheese up. It just it killed thirty percent of the pizza eating experience because they put peppers on there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It leaves that crust exposed on and it's like, yeah, it's like you have to because they cook them.
Speaker 2: It wasn't his place. It wasn't Eric's place. Domino's wasn't it. But I get the pizza and I almost want to give up on dinner. Like I look at Kaitlin, I was like, I don't want to eat and she's like, why, I said, because there are peppers on the pizza. I didn't order peppers. She's like, pick them off. I'm like, first of all, I shouldn't have to. Second of all, it ruins the pizza, rips the cheese up. It doesn't taste the same. The chemistry of the pizza is not the same.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 3: What kind of peppers are we talking here?
Speaker 4: Red ones?
Speaker 2: I hate red ones. Now I'll do peppercini peppers. Only kind of peppers. I like, I love peppercini peppers. If I didn't order them on this, all I ordered was straight pepperoni, and there were peppers on and it even makes the cheese tastes weird because it's cooked in there. I hate red peppers, and so I just do a fit. And I was like, I don't want to eat dinner. She's like, you're four, eat your foods. Yes, And you know what else it is? You know what I think it is. If I could just be really honest about it, you're tired. No, it really I'm pretty good because we're about to go into like Thanksgiving and so okay, I'm pretty good. The Arkansas football season has been a disaster. It's been a disaster.
Speaker 3: This is really nothing. This is not about peppers.
Speaker 2: It is about peppers.
Speaker 3: Because it runs the pizza, because I think that you are an adult and you know how to pick the peppers off and still eat it.
Speaker 2: Not the same, It's still not the same. But I think the reason I almost gave up on eating dinner at all and just went to bed hungry is because I'm just I'm malnourished in enjoyment of college football because we suck.
Speaker 3: How are you'all going to be a basketball hopefully better?
Speaker 2: We're twenty right now, they were four and one.
Speaker 3: Struggle bo forward, look forward to that, Like there's.
Speaker 2: Softball, but again, none of that matters. None of that matter, Like it's football season. That's the biggest time of the year. Basketball is close. Do you have like a lacrosse team maybe, I think an Arkansas I don't have a cross somewhere, but we didn't have swim pools at our We don't have any of that. Tennis well, okay, anyway, I think that was part of the pizza meltdown, if we're being honest. We did win, but we beat Louisiana Tech and we were like, in the first quarter, it was like, what's happening? Like put me in is what I felt like. Yeah, I just think I think all the way to the football season is if anybody else is struggling out there today, Ole Miss fans, Alabama fans, I'm with you, A and M fans. Yeah, you guys still have a chance. Won the national championship. Yeah, but game lost in multiple overtimes. And I'll say this, if you beat Texas and then you play in the se championship game and then you beat Georgia, you're still in the college football payoff. I am you used to have a road Arkansas. You know what our road is? Road back home?
Speaker 4: Let me do you turn?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I don't know. Let me get out of this. I just really wanted that pizza and I ate it, ate like half of it. And I took a bath, and you know what, I was told, I just took a bath. That doesn't count as a shower. And you know what, I didn't like that because I need to rinse off after well, I knew. I got out of the bath and she said, did you take a shower? And I said why, I just took a bath and she was like, no, you know, you need to take a shower because you didn't rinse off before the bats. All you're like dirt's like floating around. And she was like, did you use soap? And I was like no, I took a bath and she was like, okay, take go take a shower. So then I go take a shower if already dried off. I'm telling you, it's all rooted in Arkansas, sucking ball. It sucks because I love Arkansas for more than anything else except for my wife and my dogs. And it probably sometimes jumps over dogs. And be honest with you, if you take a bath, he counts to the shower. Anyway, I'm out. Thanks Ray. I'd seen this story and this guy and we may have talked about it on this show where the guy his kayak was found and they found a bunch of his belongings in the water. Was it this show we talked about it? I don't know. I do it like eighty four million shows? Think so okay. So his name is Ryan, he is in Wisconsin. He's gone, he's disappeared, and they found a bunch of was crapping like did he died? They can't find him. Turns out he faked his death and ran away with his mistress to another country.
Speaker 3: So this guy the dad, Oh, and how he got busted. Is crazy.
Speaker 2: We didn't get bussed. He sent his own video in a proof of life video. Oh I didn't know that different.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's okay, we'll follows.
Speaker 2: Constant husband who faked his own death and ran away with his mistress taunted police by sending them a proof of life video, but he also refused to tell him who he was. So people are like, is that even him look like him? I watched the video and then I watched people like doing the side by side on TikTok. It's him, it's him. Yeah, as if Ryan. He flipped his kayak August eleventh, dumping his phone and belongings in the water, before paddling to safety on an inflatable boat and ebiking more than fifty miles to Madison overnight. They learned in October that he crossed the border into Canada a few days after his disappearance and had been communicating with an Uzbek woman who spoke Russian. I guess Uzbek is like Uzbeka. Through her, the Sheriff's office was able to get in contact with the father of three and asked him to answer questions only he would know, and film a video of himself which he did in the video. Who he had not contacted his family since his disappearance, showed off his apartment, telling officers, I'm safe, secure, no problems. Authorities do not know where the man is, which, by the way, watching the video, there is no marking of anything, like it's all just generic wall. It's like gray, you can't tell. There's nothing that says Uzbekis stands for lovers, you know, nothing like down in the background. Has not contacted his family since his disappearance. He said, I'm safe, secure, no problems. Authorities do not know exactly where he is. They suspect Eastern Europe. They do not believe he's in danger. He has not yet decided to return home, this from the Daily Mail. Regardless, getting in contact with him was a big turning point in the investigation because now they can not try to find him sure or worry that he's dead, or worry that he's being hell. I would have thought, though, if I'm him and I have some whos Becca's stany girlfriend online this somebody was like ready to scam alert me like this is the one instance. It was a real lady. Yeah, yeah, So he'll be coming back. He'll be regretting this in like six months and me begging his wife take me back their family. I'm messed up.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this is not lasting love, go ahead and okay.
Speaker 3: So the reason why he ended up sending this in as proof of life is because he ended up on this one girl's viral TikTok where he was riding his bike and she was holding up a sign that said like ask me for free advice, and they start talking and she's filming it for TikTok and he brings up as Bekistan in the thing. And then later she sees some video about how this guy faked his death and there was this whole thing and she was like, oh my gosh, that guy was in my viral TikTok video and like he outed himself that way.
Speaker 2: But this is before the flip of the kayak. He had just mentioned that he wasn't like on his bike toward Canada running and he stopped be in the video.
Speaker 3: The viral video. Yeah, this is pre Oh no, I think he was in the viral video after he faked his death.
Speaker 2: And she's like, so that's the stupidest guy ever, because that's all that too. Why would you get in a viral video when you've already eat it.
Speaker 3: I don't think he knew it was gonna go viral anybody's video. I know, well he was just.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm thinking, like if you if you faked your own death, and like, don't stop for anybody's video anywhere.
Speaker 4: Because I saw that.
Speaker 2: I just assumed that was before. Because idiot would have such a perfect plan to flip, leave the stuff, have a route to get on an e bike, get to not a car where they can an e bike to get to Canada, get across the border, get out of here, right. But he stops because someone's like ask me for advice on TikTok.
Speaker 3: And I'm filming it. Yeah, Like that's just that's just general, Like if you fake your desk, don't do that.
Speaker 5: Just what a coward move though, so great your death to go with some girls. She looked like, I'm sure she's pretty, right, maybe doesn't have to I'm talking about it. He's back and stand right right, I mean, leaving your whole family for someone, I'm assuming she's pretty.
Speaker 2: I always sure she's a she like I was sure it's a real person, because he could get there in that apartment Sti'll be waiting for her to show up, like we don't know. Yeah, because he doesn't sound legit. It sounds like what LifeLock needs to come in and help.
Speaker 3: Oh so sad. He's a father of three.
Speaker 4: That's tough.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna bet this though he probably wasn't an a plus father at three leading into this situation.
Speaker 3: Good. That's good assessment there.
Speaker 2: And he's gonna begging. He's gonna begging back soon enough. But he's gonna be in trouble when he comes back because he had the police looking for him.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, he does.
Speaker 14: He asked the woman, should I go to it Uzbekistan or stay here with my family?
Speaker 2: Is that pre or post the debt?
Speaker 14: That the flip though, it has to be pre because it has to be pres in the daytime, and it's No.
Speaker 4: He's on the e bike and that again.
Speaker 2: That doesn't just because he has the e bike.
Speaker 14: Maybe he's just practicing on the e bike, which, by the way, I have an ee bike.
Speaker 2: Stupidest thing ever I forget. Really, yeah, I would. I wrote it once around the yard. I'd sell it for half price. But you don't have to pedal. You do for a minute, then you hit the thing and it keeps you going.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I ain't trying to escape Tobekistan though, so maybe I don't need it anyway, as a wild story, there are other options.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you can, no, no, no, because he took a life life insurance out and so he probably put the beneficiary as the woman is ubescus stand or whatever.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't that scream if you switch it and then run immediately.
Speaker 14: He opened a new policy, so the wife knew nothing about it, and he left us. He had to get a new passport because he said he couldn't find his, so when authorities went to his house, his wife's like, no, his passports right here.
Speaker 2: Like he but again to set up a policy and then you die within a couple of months.
Speaker 4: It's fishy.
Speaker 2: It seems fishy, like it.
Speaker 13: It was a camp on the body that they even pay out.
Speaker 3: Well, why do people think that they can take out an insurance policy? And then.
Speaker 4: I don't know, that's the oldest trick in the book man.
Speaker 3: That is yes, it's like also that's and then also if you're going to murder your spouse, so you take out this insurance policy on there and then you killed him the next day. It's like, what are you thinking? And then I apologize, Bobby, you are right. I think that that video came out before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did too.
Speaker 4: He had a legit question.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's what told him, but he's like, this girl is not very smart.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I guess that's just really the whole story.
Speaker 2: And mark mark this date though, what was it November twenty fifth, by like June of first of next year. Either either he's gonna be dead please take me back, or or we're gonna find We're gonna find out that he was scammed, or he'll be He'll be back. I'm back, I'm so sorry. Yeah, and he'll probably have like it'd be famous on TikTok. He makes some money from this.
Speaker 13: The sheriff says it's not him in the video, but who else says.
Speaker 2: A story about leaving his wife to go to.
Speaker 4: Who Bessie who, whatever the heck it is.
Speaker 2: It does look like him. It looks just like him. Yeah, but again, he's bald, he's pretty. He is a pretty generic looking dude too, and what if it's not him? Greatest troll ever by the guy who randomly sees and sees the story and goes, dang, I kind of look like him. Let me see if I control it the world. Yeah, that is a bizarre story. We'll post it up. If you guys want to see it up on our social media pages, you go to our Facebook page at Bobby Bone Show Bobby Bone Show up today.
Speaker 13: This story comes us from Michigan. A man was upset because a car cut him off in traffic, so they get to the next stop light.
Speaker 4: What's he do?
Speaker 13: Wh boom wh boom boom rams this car into the car in front him three times and drives off like, man, who did that? Oh man, a license plate fell off.
Speaker 8: It's a bumper.
Speaker 3: He didn't imprint it on there.
Speaker 2: Quite the bonehead. Do you know the craziest license plate falling off story ever? Oklahoma City bombing. Oh yeah, they found him. Yeah, because the explosion was so big boom, shook it off, shook the license plate off, was driving away, would have gotten away, but a cop pulled him over because he had no license plate. And then when he pulls him over when no license plate, doesn't know that it's the bomber. He has a gun on him in the car and it's like, I'm taking you to jail, held him in jail without knowing he was the bomber.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 13: Oh, and I'm learning this from you know this. I think I've heard this before, Bobby's told it.
Speaker 4: Maybe, but I didn't know.
Speaker 13: I thought maybe he pulled him over because a license plate and like, oh, you're the bomber.
Speaker 2: But and even that would have been crazy. Even that would have been like wow. But he was pulled over about eighty miles north of Oklahoma City by an Oklahoma State trooper who noticed a missing Lin's plate and he had a concealed weapon. He was arrested. It was about ninety minutes after the bombing, and he was in prison as they were looking for the person, so they didn't know they had it home.
Speaker 4: That was crazy.
Speaker 2: So anyway, likes to play falling off out of there.
Speaker 8: That is the craziest life.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do legal stuff. Make sure it's locked on there.
Speaker 13: Okay, I'm lunchbox at your bonehead Story of the day.
Speaker 8: Okay, what happened to you? Okay, I was at a restaurant. I'm sitting at the bar and I see a table that's kind of like messy, right, like the people just left. They hadn't turned it over yet. They hadn't turned it over yet. And on the ground was money, but it was folded up. I don't know what it was, but I could tell it was a bill. So I go over there and I unwrapped the bill. It's fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Did you look around first to go huh? Nobody hasn't seen this money? Because I think I'll be like, is anybody watching that I'm gonna pick up this money?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I did look around, but I got the money and then I went back to the bar and I unwrapped it and I looked at I'm like, gosh, what do I do with this? So I don't know. It looked like somebody was there at the table, and maybe it was a tip, maybe falling off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I would assume, that it fell off the table.
Speaker 8: But I mean it was far enough from the table too, maybe it wasn't a tip.
Speaker 2: Question was a receipt still on the table?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 8: Two cups, half drank chips, salsa, all that.
Speaker 2: So it probably was from the table, right, possibly? Okay, so okay, you have them. Also, I would be afraid that somebody saw me pick it up, and then if I kept it, they would also see that, right, and then they would be like, you just stole money from a table.
Speaker 8: And that would be terrible, especially if it was a tip. Okay, so then what did you do? So I decided to just go back and leave it on the table. Even if it wasn't a tip, that server was gonna get a fifty dollars tip.
Speaker 2: I don't think you should give yourself too much credit here, because I think that's what that was from.
Speaker 8: I don't know, though, man, that could have been fifty dollars in my pocket.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, it could have been fifty dollars in your pocket. But I think it was from like somebody would have probably been accused of dining and dashing had you not put that back on the table. Oh oh gosh, what if it was for the whole Maybe for the whole same guess from the table?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I was just taking the tip.
Speaker 2: I didn't think of that, no, because that's you know, that's a two hundred and fifty dollars tab. Yeah, with the fifty dollars tip. If they're leaving that.
Speaker 3: As cash, yeah, and you're at chips and salsa, that you're right, that's probably for the whole bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody would have been accused of dining and dashing. But also you've got to secure your money a little more too.
Speaker 3: Yeeah.
Speaker 2: If you're leaving cash on the table, correct, I think you made the only choice you could have made, because somebody probably would have saw you stealing that money.
Speaker 8: Gosh, I really wanted that fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Did you need it that bad? You're still regretting not keeping it.
Speaker 8: No, but it's the coolest thing ever when you find money on the ground.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you didn't find money on the ground. You found money under a table where somebody had just eaten, and you probably realized did you see the people that were sitting there?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 8: I never saw them. And when I put the money back, I went back to the bar and I was talking to my friend. I kept looking. The server never got the money, so I don't even know if the server ever got the tip, because I left before that happened.
Speaker 2: I don't know there was the tip too. I think he stopped saying it about the tip or the bill money whatever that.
Speaker 8: Was the bill?
Speaker 2: Now, did you want to be celebrated for that?
Speaker 8: I thought I made a good choice. I think the Good Lord saw me do that.
Speaker 2: So you do want to be celebrated and recognized for it. Maybe a little bit so you were doing okay, because what would you have done? I mean, I know what you would have done. You would have put it back on the table. I would have said, hey, I would have went to the bartender and say, hey, this fell off the table. I'm sure this is for the bill. Oh and there's giving it back to somebody, and they would have made sure that that was the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't think about that.
Speaker 2: If you leave cash on a table, I've seen people walk by sp especially when I was waiting tables and take the money from a table as they walk back, like steal it. Like if there's just cash and they're walking out and there's just cash, I've seen people grab the money. That's crazy, like they would see it, strategize how they're going to do it, grab it and walk out. It's like when you watch a TikTok videos people grab it in the tip jars. You ever see those, no like if like a a or not even tip jars, but the like you live a couple of bucks for you know, sick kids or something in the jar on a gas station. Yeah, so like, hey, I'll take something from back there, and as soon as a person turns around, they go hand in take the cash. Yeah, it was kind of like that, the kind of move. And also there are cameras all in the restaurant. It just hold on. Good job, buddy, Thank you man, you did something good. Thank you, and that's all you did something good. If you'd just stolen that, and that makes.
Speaker 8: It wouldn't have stolen though it was on the ground. That's the only reason I thought I possibly it could be just lost money, and I found it. It was lost money, but lost money for the waiter.
Speaker 2: We're done here, goodbye everybody.
Speaker 3: Bobby and Bone.
Speaker 2: You can find us on Facebook two at Bobby Bone's show on The Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 3: Now Blake Shelton, we're going to.
Speaker 2: Play the full interview Amy did with Blake Shelton. He did a great job. It's excellent.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: If you're like, why was Bobby there? This was day one in my stomach bug and I missed a whole lot this day and I was sad to miss Blake. But Amy's awesome, so it was easy for me to leave. But here is Amy with Blake Shelton here on the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 3: So, Blake, People Magazine they just came out with their twenty twenty four Sexiest Man Alive. Oh please, yeah, they did, they did, and so of course we decided to do a country version. So you were like, hey, sexyes in country music and we come up with a whole list. And so now, I mean, since you literally were one of People magazine Sexiest Men ever, who who do you think is the sexiest man in country music?
Speaker 6: You have to lower the bar, you know, in general when you're talking about these guys. No, I'm talking about the all of us country y'all. Don't think, no, not any of the ones that I know personally like that, because I'm thinking, you know, there's a whole new generation coming up that I don't even know what they look like. I know their names, I see their music comes on the radio, all that stuff, but I don't know what they look like. I do know what guys like Luke Bryan looks like and Jason Aldean, and they're ugly. To me, I'm not don't find them attractive, you know, like Sam Hunt, really lower the bar? Say what Sam Hunt? Uh, he's better looking than than than Luke and Jason. Apparently he must be high on your list. You just kind of hurled him out there that you got a little bit defensive about Sam. But about Sam, h Riley Green, I'll give that.
Speaker 3: No Riley Green.
Speaker 6: Uh is it mustache rap much?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Far better than Luke?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. I feel like you, like think these guys are high, you're just scared to say it.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, what.
Speaker 3: Like Lunchbucks? For example? He says he cannot tell if a man is attractive or not.
Speaker 6: What I mean, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 3: Well, I've been thinking about you a lot, Blake, and I saw that Old Red there's this. I don't know if it's a new concoction, maybe it's been on there a while, but it's a pomena cheese artichoke dip. Are you familiar No? Okay, Well that's incredible. It's on your menu at all, Red. And it got me thinking about weird food combos and if you have any that you'll admit to that you eat at home, Like, are there any concoctions like this is weird? But it's just so good.
Speaker 6: Well, my brothers when I was a little kid, Uh my brother used to mix like this regular like pancakes syrup with peanut butter and mix that and put it on a piece of bread. I don't even know if it had a name. We used to call it mix and that was our treat when we were kids. Regular like maple, you know whatever, Griffins whatever, syrup and peanut butter.
Speaker 3: Do you ever eat mix like now as an adult?
Speaker 6: No, that's but I haven't thought about it in years. I remember one time we used to have a Dar's where uh, we would try to, like you know, as kids, like mix up the grossest crap you can think of, you know, to eat like a combination of something and then dare you know, it's whoever's turn it was, had to eat it. And I watched my sister eat mayonnaise and and Nestle's Quick one time mixed together. Oh gosh, it's still to this day is horrifying to me.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, no, that's not a good agree, that's gross, man, that's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah I had to eat.
Speaker 3: She's gross. Yeah, I did. We would. I think all kids did that. And one time I mixed up a bunch of like really good ingredients from the fridge but with dirt and my mom thought I was wasting food, so she made me eat it.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, yeah, how was it?
Speaker 3: It was disgusting. So I don't I don't, I don't recommend that, you know. I decided to ask AI, like to describe Blake Shelton in three words? Do you want to know the three?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 3: Charismatic? Oh okay, authentic and hilarious. Man I love, I love right yeah. I feel was very complimentary.
Speaker 6: Because that made me nervous because AI only knows to tell the truth, right yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, which, speaking of while I do have some fun facts about you, I have no idea if they're actually true or not. So you could say, if.
Speaker 6: They are, where did you get these facts from the internet? Compedi? Okay, well you're just like google it, you know, like love Wikipedia.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Are you so you're not into bare feet? Like to bare feet freak you out?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So like you always have socks on, or like if you're with people, they have to have socks on.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: I think this started. Uh, I don't know when it was. There was a trend and it may still be going.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: In country music, there was a handful of artists that they would perform in their bare feet, like walk out on a festival stage and and and in their bare feet, and and it kind of started there for me. It's like, man, what what are you doing? You know, it's not it's not as much about that it's someone's foot, because I mean, who cares about that? But it's like, what if there's an emergency? And then it switched into uh, guys wearing flat flops. That really started bothering me. The older I got that buffet started off. Yeah, well, it's like if there's an emergency, that's pretty much you have shown yourself to be the guy that's not going to help anybody in the room. Like if there's a fire something's going on, you can't help. You got on your flip flops. You got to go save yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a good point.
Speaker 6: And this guy's in here wearing our cowboy boots will help get the children out of the building.
Speaker 3: So do you not own a pair of flip flops?
Speaker 6: Oh god, no?
Speaker 3: So do you? Well you only wear cowboy boots? And like maybe running shoes, what.
Speaker 8: About like crocs.
Speaker 6: I'm a big runner, but I do I have shoes and boots.
Speaker 3: Like running would be the running shoes would come in handy on.
Speaker 6: A pair of flip flops.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, what do you do for, you know, working out treadmill?
Speaker 6: I'll get I'll get on treadmill for like thirty minutes or maybe forty five minutes. I do like it's like a combination like walk for twenty eight minutes and then mix in like thirty seconds of runs here and there.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, next fun fact that we don't know if it's true or not. You once caught an intruder at your uncle's house and detained the drunken man yourself until the police arrived.
Speaker 6: Let's go, Well, it detained him was you know, It's not like I had him down on the floor and you know, saying don't move.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: It was more like.
Speaker 6: And drunk. I think he had a lot of stuff in his system, you know. And I really think he taught in his mind. That's where he lived, you know.
Speaker 3: And and and.
Speaker 6: So my uncle, who was special needs, he called and said, hey, you know, there's this guy in my house and he's just like sitting on the couch saying, you know, he lives here. And so my initial thought was, you know, what's going on? Over there in and knocked on my uncle's I can't even believe I'm telling this. I hadn't thought about this in fifteen years or more. And the guy answered the door as if it was his house, like yeah, can I help you? It's like, yeah, get the hell out of this house. You know, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: And he's like, what are you talking about? I go, you know what I'm talking about, like one of those deals. And meanwhile the police are coming, and I just kept him entertained, you know, until they got there.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad you clarified it, because I definitely was picturing you, like sitting on top of him, no, entertaining like citizens arrest.
Speaker 11: What was that me?
Speaker 8: Entertaining? You didn't sing a song or anything, did you?
Speaker 6: I may have, I don't know. I just pulled up guitar, keep everything.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 3: You think when that guy sobered up, he's like, huh, so Blake Shelton just came over?
Speaker 4: No, I don't.
Speaker 6: I think even sober, he wouldn't have known who I was. This man had other things on his mind.
Speaker 3: Uh, your mom put you in pageants when you were younger.
Speaker 6: Are you saying that just because then you say that, and then you just stare.
Speaker 3: At me with like, because that's the fun fact.
Speaker 6: Disappointed look on your phone.
Speaker 3: No, not at all. No, I'm this is fun facts. Are they true or not?
Speaker 4: It is true?
Speaker 6: Okay, true because and here's why. The way I remember it is, I was already messing around with music, even when I was six, seven, eight years old. In my bedroom. I would just be in there, you know, playing Ted Nugent, Cat Scratch Fever and Hank Junior or whatever records my brother had. I'd be playing them as loud as I could, singing them into one of those little plug in microphones that you won't remember, but back in the day, you could have a little tiny microphone that you could record over cassettes with. And I would be singing into that microphone. And my mom finally decided maybe she should enter me into some of these pageants. In our Small Attackers, there's a talent portion of the pageant. You know, I got to sing a song on there. So she did. She entered me in, like, I don't know, probably four or five pageants, enough that I told her one day, Mama, I don't want to sing anymore. If that's the what I have to do to sing because it's embarrassing to be up there doing the evening where and stuff, you know, with all the little girls, and I'm the one boy, you know, and the pageant. So it was I was probably like twelve or thirteen before I started singing again, just like regular music events around our town back in Ada, Oklahoma. No, that's true. Also, that's where I'm from.
Speaker 3: We got that as a fact. Okay, we got two more, one being you've been confused for Joe Nichols so much so that people at festivals used to get mad at you for not playing songs like you know, probably tequila makes her clothes fall off.
Speaker 6: That's happened. That's happened with a lot of artists, you know, over the years, that being confused for other artists. I remember one time they used to have c M A fest over here at the Nashville fair Grounds back in the day, and there was a parking lot where all the artists could park to go in and sign autographs or whatever, you know. And I remember one time I was I used to have super long hair, like down halfway down the middle of my back, and I was leaving one time and fans had figured out they could. They could go stand next to the fence where that parking lot was, and then mess was standing in stupid lines in the in the building. They could catch their favorite artists right there going to their car and get autographs, you know. And so I was leaving, I had like one song out, maybe not even yet, and and I was almost in my car, and I heard some fans.
Speaker 8: Say Terry, Terry, Terry Clark.
Speaker 6: And I stopped and I started looking around, like, oh my god, Terry Clark's out here. And then when I look back at the fans, they were kind of like, oh, you know, and looked away, you know, and they were like, I realized they thought I was Terry Clark when I was leaving, And and I've told Terry this also. We don't know which one is more offended. But then uh, later on, uh it was Joe Nichols, because Joe and I had pretty much the same haircut at one point, and he came out and I do remember, like, you know, you didn't play Broken Heartsville, you know, at signing autographs after the show. I used to tell people in airports. They would come up and say, are you Joe Nichols? And I would say yes, and I hate kids and you, you know, just to try to get a leg up, you.
Speaker 3: Know, because back then competition.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was up against him on all the awards and stuff, so I screw him.
Speaker 3: And final fun fact, if it's true or not, Gwen Stefani says having you in her life as a miracle.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 6: That sounds like a stretch, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: I mean no, but I really did read, uh like a couple of days ago that she said, uh, meeting you was like a second chance at life. I'm paraphrasing, but I'm pretty sure that.
Speaker 6: I've seen this stuff too. I've been seeing it because she's you know, she's released an album oh yeah on Friday, and so I've been seeing you know, she's doing all the press and stuff, and I've been seeing this stuff too. It's it's the sweetest, nicest things. I can't believe that. I can't believe it, you know, I know, it's it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I felt like reading that it gives a lot of other people hope that maybe you're on their second chapter or third or whatever life.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: Well, I tell you, it's amazing, you know that to get this on this end of life, you know, I'm I'm forty eight now and to have only met my best friend, you know, eight or nine years ago, is pretty incredible. You know, you just never know what's out there, what's around the corner, and you know, she's just been everything she's saying, is I feel the same way. It's it's been an incredible connection. I don't know how else to explain it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I do feel like it does offer hope for people that maybe they're turning into that second chapter, whether it's age or just a divorce or you know, what is my life going to look like now? Because this isn't going how I expected it. But hearing people open up and say like, yeah, there are second chances out there. And it's not to say that the first part. I mean, I don't think she would change anything about any of that, obviously her kids and whatnot, but it's it was beautiful and it gave me some hope. Honestly.
Speaker 6: Well, I tell you too, And we were on rock bottom. We hit rock bottom before we found each other, you know, so that kind of that sounds worse when you say it like that, like you got you gotta it's going to get a lot worse. Before it gets But I don't mean it like that. But just when we thought that's well, that was going to be our run at it, you know, is when we found each other.
Speaker 3: What don't you think hitting rock bottom? Then you evolve into this next version of yourself, Like that's the stuff that stretches you and grows. So if y'all had met earlier, it probably wouldn't have been the right time because it's this version of both of you that y'all needed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true, But it's fun for us to think about what if we would have known each other, like way way back, what would have been like you know, She's written on a lot of songs about that. You know, I think there's even one on this new record about that, because you know, it's just it's just, like I say, it's amazing that this chapter started so late in our lives.
Speaker 3: You know, she's got new music, You've got new music. You know, Austin was your first number one song way back in the day, and then now you kind of got a completely got Austin, and now I got Texas, which I was born and raised in Austin, Texas. Oh no, kidd, shout out, and so Texas I immediately gravitated towards it when it came out, and huge George Strait fan as well.
Speaker 11: Love that.
Speaker 3: He gets a shout out in the chorus. Why did you decide to cut that song?
Speaker 6: Well, I just fell in love with it the first time I heard it. And you know, it's been a minute since I've released any music. It's two years, yeah, and it's been I don't know how long it's been before that, before I've even released an album. It's been a while. And you know, I was doing the voice for twelve years and twenty three seasons of that show I did. And so when I finally walked away from really I wasn't just walking away from the voice. It was just television in general. I just needed a break from that machine.
Speaker 2: Uh one.
Speaker 6: It was just kind of numb. When I finally walked away, it was like, gosh, I I just need some some nothing for a while, you know. And it sounds like a spoiled brat thing to say, but I just kind of didn't. Really I feel like I knew what I wanted to do anymore, because I had just kind of been on the hamster wheel of of of of that beast that is you know, television and uh. And so for a year and a half, I really didn't do much. I mean I I did do a little tour in there and and some a handful of shows, but really not anything else. And and I wasn't making any records. I wasn't recording or writing or doing anything. And and and man, I'll be damned, uh if last spring I got a call to do this duet with Post Malone, and and I was shocked, honestly because it was just like, what, like, like me, he wants me to do this?
Speaker 11: Like uh?
Speaker 6: And and so I obviously I heard the song and it was like this sounds like something that I would have done anyway, you know, and hell, yeah, I'll do it. I had met post at the at the Super Bowl last year, uh, Gwen and I had done like a pregame performance and then posting h America the Beautiful before the game. And and so we saw each other and traded phone numbers and but that happens a million times in this business. And you never expect to hear from somebody, you know, it's like, oh, let's get together. Sure uh And but he followed up and and so we made that that recording, and and then of course it came out and was a hit, and the whole experience for me, and even being around Post, I'm sure he's probably uh, you guys have probably talked to him now. I'm sure I don't know, but you know what he's like. He's just so excited, so happy, and just so full of of excitement about music and and and country music especially, you know, and being around him shooting the video, we've done, you know, some performances, and it was just the honestly the kick and the ass that I needed to kind of go, well, what are you doing? You know, you used to be this this fired up, you know, and being around him really lit a fire under me again and and and reminded me that, you know, I nobody gets to do what I do. Very few people get to be recording artists and and and do what they dreamed of doing when they were a kid. And I get to do that. And I'm wasting this time, you know. And and so I really do credit Post for for getting me fired back up again and wanting to get back in the studio and really kind of start over again.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I got a new record deal starting with a with a whole new team and just kind of really just turned the page. And So to answer your question though about Texas, Uh, it it was a song that I felt like it kind of it's got a connection to me and and who I've been as an artist all these years that you know, I had a record years ago called Sangria, and it's got a little bit of that kind of vibe to it. But it also feels like a step in a new direction, which I always try to do when I go in and make a record. That's what my heroes like Conway Twitty and Kenny Rogers, you know their catalog when you listen to them, you know, they're always kind of pushing the envelope. And I felt like this song does that musically for me. You know, of course it uh, you know, the tip of the Hat to George Straight in the course, if you don't like George Straight, you know, you probably don't have any friends. So I gotta have you know, you know, even everybody loves George Strait, I hope, uh. And so I love the tip of the Hat to George and.
Speaker 3: The chorus what's your favorite George Straight song?
Speaker 6: Man? I I perform all my exes in my shows a lot, you know, and but it's probably not my favorite. My favorite is probably Ocean Front Property. I don't know why. I just always go back to that one. But there's there's so many, and there's so many that were number one hits that are almost forgotten because he's had so many number one hits. It's like I've said before, I've done a lot of shows with George over the years. I go, man, it's impossible to go to a George straight song and and leave without going, man, he didn't play one of my favorite songs, because how can he possibly play eighty songs in his set? You know, There's just literally so many to choose from. There's some of those back in the eighties that are forgotten that are just incredible. I have the chair, Oh, the chair Chill Chill of an Early Fall. There's there's I mean, we could sit here and do this for another power. Let's not do it. But I love I love I love him so much. I don't want to take away from my time.
Speaker 3: Yes, ably not, But you're not to George in the song as Amarilla by Morning, that's what it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well Amarilla is in there, and also he says, that's where all my exes go. So I got them both in there.
Speaker 3: You squeeze that one in there. I saw a video of the writers of the song.
Speaker 2: I saw that too.
Speaker 6: I still haven't met them in person yet. I'm supposed to meet him today, either today or tomorrow. I think I'm finally going to get a chance to meet them because I think for three of them it's their first single that they've had, maybe all four of them, but I think three of them it's their first single, and one one of the writers has been here for like fifteen years or something, which I totally relate to. You know, I was here for seven years before I had any kind of a break, you know, so you know, it just shows you that, you know, just same thing we were talking about with Gwynn, you know, you just never know what's around the corner.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just thought it was really special, Like they had to probably be freaking out, Oh, Blake Shelton's gonna cut our song, and then they're hearing it on the radio for.
Speaker 6: The first time I got One of them was standing on the top of their car, crashing the hood or something. It's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that gave me goosebumps. It's like, you know, it's probably cool for you too as an artist to be part of helping them, you know, around that corner make that dream come true.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, those guys help me. I always look at it that way when when songwriters there's so many great talented songwriters in this town, like it's it's literally unbelievable, and they've built this thing for me, the writers have you know, I'm just a lucky guy that's been able to get my hands on some of these songs, you know, and no different than Texas. I think it's a special song. And I feel like those guys took a chance on me.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm I'm not the new up and comer anymore, you know what I'm saying, So I really appreciate them giving me a chance with it.
Speaker 3: Well, Texas is catchy. It'll get stuck in your head, for sure. It's good. And you know we were talking about Austin earlier being your first number one song. You have you have twenty nine number one songs.
Speaker 6: That's that's all right. You know what I heard when when the when the post thing went because it uh uh. I think different charts have different criteria or whatever. But I heard that I was tied with Tim McGraw, uh for I think the second or third, third most of however they do the charts. Now we all know that George and nobody's ever catching him. But uh, I thought that was pretty cool because I look up to Tim. It's like, what me and Tim?
Speaker 3: I mean, do you think you could name them all of mine?
Speaker 6: A nine? I probably could.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know you could, but like, go ahead, Oh my god, we'd be here. You actually do have things coming up on your coulty.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of my songs that people think were number ones. Maybe not a lot, but there's some that people think were number ones that weren't even close, like Old Red, which is probably arguably one of my bigger reck hits, you know, as far as the impact goes, that was not even a top ten single when it came out. I think it went somewhere in the teens. But it went on to be the fan favorite, and now there's restaurants named after it around the country, you know, but it wasn't even a top ten song at the time.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Well, speaking of all you have coming, well, let's just go ahead and say thirty.
Speaker 6: When I say it that way, I mean, you know it really should have been.
Speaker 3: Yeah thirty one, then yeahs Texas. I mean I don't want to don't Do you believe in the jinks or any of that stuff? Like if I were to say right now, Texas is so good, it's probably gonna be your next number one, you might be like, well, if it doesn't go number one, then.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I do believe that stuff. Thinks a lot, you do.
Speaker 8: I didn't just say it.
Speaker 2: I was asking finally, football, I do.
Speaker 6: When it comes to my football teams, I do believe in jinxes.
Speaker 3: What do you do on game day? Do you have like a hat or a shirt or something you have to do?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: And when we're on defense, I turn my hat backwards. When we're on offense, it's forward. Unless that's not working, then I reverse those things.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Oh my gosh, No, you do it well.
Speaker 6: I feel like I'm contributing something to the team.
Speaker 3: If your team loses, does it completely derail your day?
Speaker 6: Yes? Days, No, not days, but it will derail the day and part of the next day. And then I start to get over it. Then I start to find ways to find a different path to the playoffs than the one that I had in mind. Y'all, you guys are Cowboys fans exactly what I'm talking.
Speaker 8: I'm hat around anymore.
Speaker 6: You may want to just take the hat off this year.
Speaker 3: They're used to losing. But it is it's a psychological thing. It's like you think you're a part of the team, so there or fans not you, blake you, just you. But most big hardcore fans, they are a part of the team and they feel like they're contributing in their own way, and then when they lose, it's like they've actually lost. When like, you are not on the team at all.
Speaker 6: I feel like you're This feels like therapy now. Usually it's just like I'm trying to take this away from you.
Speaker 3: But I just don't know that it should impact you for a day, you know. So do you have to go like plow some stuff or what do you do to let the anger out?
Speaker 6: Drink?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, that's hell Okay, yeah cool?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 6: And when we're winning, that's what I do to celebrate.
Speaker 12: Drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your favorite drink?
Speaker 6: Vodka and spritt zero.
Speaker 8: Oh, look at you watching the calary.
Speaker 6: It's the uh, the nectar of God.
Speaker 3: So you know, you're talking about a little little hiatus, but I'm looking at twenty twenty five and it's like you're back, Like you're like, okay, I'm already done. Yeah, I know, you're doing a residency in Vegas basically all of.
Speaker 6: By the way, Gwynn gets so mad when she sees the word residence because it's two weekends. She's like, that is ridiculous. Do you call that a residency? I did like sixty three shows. You're doing like six shows.
Speaker 3: It's exactly what you're doing. Six shows. You're doing the fifth, the seventh, and age.
Speaker 6: She said, you're just like staying over an extra weekend. That's not a residency. But they're calling a residency and I'm going with them.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 3: It's at the Coliseum in Caesar's Palace. Blake Shelton dot com for more details on that. And then you have your Friends and Heroes dates, which you are basically February to March.
Speaker 6: Yes, Friends and Heroes is, by the way, my favorite way to tour. It's gonna be hard to ever get me to go back to doing it another way because it's just so much fun. I mean, the shows are like.
Speaker 3: Well, describe friends and heroes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, what it is is it started I think five or six years ago, maybe even before that. I remember a specifically a conversation with Trace Atkins about seven years ago now and think about it. And I called him. I said, man, Trace, what are you doing like early next year, like February March And I don't know why. And I said, well, man, I want you to come out and tour with me. But I don't want you to like tour with me. I said, I want you to come out and sing with me during my show. Like I said, remember when when Uncle Cracker used to do that with Kenny Chesney. Like Kenny Chesney would go on stage and then you know, halfway through the show, Uncle Cracker would come out and they would sing. They had a when the Sun goes down, and then Uncle Cracker would sing another hit or two of his you know, it's a big moment during the show. I said, I want you to come do that on my show because we had at the time Hill Billy Baum and uh he said, well, okay, I'll be your Uncle Cracker and so and so from there, Uh, it was so much fun. The next year I had John Anderson the Bellamy Brothers. Uh, and then we did that for a couple of years, and then I ended up getting Tracy Bird and Martina McBride. I'm probably forgetting somebody. But we've done these tours now where we bring out uh different artists and they all come out during my show, you know. And so this this year we're having Craig Morgan, Trace Atkins, and uh Dina Carter, which I'm very excited about. Uh Dina Carter, not so much Craig or Trace.
Speaker 3: But like a legit hero I know.
Speaker 6: I know, but I know him.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't brag on him too much. We know each other too well.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: But Dina Carter, I mean, I guess if you we should look this up while we're here. But she has to have had maybe top five biggest hits of the nineties Strawberry Wine. I mean, it's got to be top five. I don't know how you measure those things. One of the biggest hits.
Speaker 3: I feel like Strawberry Wine was the number one.
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying of the entire decade of the all timeade, I would say decade top five, would you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's figure out that fun huge rouge I can't. Even the first song comes on, I hear for like three seconds of it, and I'm instantly teleported to my school.
Speaker 6: It's unbelievable. Listen to it on and it boss crazy about that songs. It did that to you when it first came out. Did it teleported you to back in time? And now it does it again in a different.
Speaker 3: Way when you hear it, like even just think about it right now. I'm driving in my nineteen eighty six Bronco. What was your first car?
Speaker 6: I had a ninety four step side Chevy.
Speaker 3: Your first you turned sixteen and it was a ninety four.
Speaker 6: No, no, nanny, that's not true, niny two. It was a ninety two. It was a It was a step side GMC. My dad sold Pontiacs and GMC's how little. Yeah, yeah, I had.
Speaker 3: You had a new car.
Speaker 2: That's right, new car?
Speaker 3: I mean not. I mean not saying that your age would indicate anything.
Speaker 6: You saying I grew up wealthy.
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't plying you had a newer car for sixteen.
Speaker 4: It was it was.
Speaker 6: It was bad ass. All my friends are super jealous of me.
Speaker 3: All right, Mike, We got the fact check on Strawberry wine.
Speaker 15: It does not make the top ten of the nineties.
Speaker 6: It does not. It is not.
Speaker 3: It doesn't. What does any uh?
Speaker 6: What is number ten on that list?
Speaker 15: On number ten is man, I feel like a woman, okay, And it's this kiss, He's a little Too Late, Chattahoochee, Boots Scoot and Boogie, Don't Rock the Jukebox, the Dance Friends in Little Places, and Achy break Hard number one.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: I can't argue with anything.
Speaker 3: They're all pretty good. Obviously Blake would have been on the list.
Speaker 6: But you you're fired. I'm sorry. I thought it was top five.
Speaker 3: You were I think you came on the map. What was Austin two thousand and one? Yes, yeah, because I instantly go back to being at Texas A and I'm hearing that song. Yeah, that's where I was.
Speaker 8: Then are you really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 13: Are we going to go where every memory or you think him, No, we're gonna let him. This story comes up in twenty twenty five, and I think, you know, we don't want to.
Speaker 6: Share till then. Man, she just got thrown right into the thank you.
Speaker 13: Yes, but I mean he's got to get to the residency.
Speaker 3: No, that's not until February you're.
Speaker 6: Trying to throw me out here. I've got a lot of more stuff I want to talk about.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah right, well, yes, thank you Blake. We always love seeing you, especially in person, because I feel like a lot of times it's on zoom when you know you're chatting with Bobby, so it's time it is, I know. So that's like you and the.
Speaker 13: Flesh is I mean, I've finished my crossword over here.
Speaker 2: Amy, let's go all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks Mike, Flake, Shelton, everybody.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: The Bobby Bones Show theme song written, produced and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve executive producer, Raymondo, head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.