Speaker 1: It is drinks Chests, motherfucker podcast makes he's a legends every queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't agreed as your boy in o R. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer.
Speaker 3: Put up his DJ E f N.
Speaker 2: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 1: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk.
Speaker 2: Drink chans motherfuck post das New Year c That's it's time for drink Champions. Drink up, motherfuck motherucker? Would a good be hoodies? Mister is your boy and a O N A.
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 6: Is dj e f N And it's Jack Thriller. Akay the horror port Okay, was it ready for that? This drink motherfucker? Let's go and the person that.
Speaker 2: Be about to introduce.
Speaker 7: I've been a fan of this guy, you know, since nineteen eighty seven, and one of the things that they say about him is he's one of the best black comedians that's not black. But I really want to defute that statement because this man is one of the funniest people on the planet. It does not matter if you white, black, purple Barney, Yellow Tale Sushi, It doesn't matter what you is, he is one of the funniest people on the planet. Man on stage, he's so electric. He's been through so much. We're gonna give him his flowers. We're gonna praise him today and let him know how much he means to this comedy world.
Speaker 6: Motherfucker, Gary Owen, let's go off top of all your policy for years.
Speaker 3: And one of those people that call you Gary Owens, originally that was that's your that's originally your name, right with that?
Speaker 2: Originally well, yeah, it was Rizzia was And then when you're getting SAG, first movie I got was with Jamie Fox, was called held up and then they held up yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and uh and then uh, you know they said this already Gary Owens. So I had to go with the sage. They give you, like literally, they send you a list of names you can pick change. Yeah, yeah, because there can only be one.
Speaker 3: They forced this some people.
Speaker 2: Jamie Fox ain't Jamie Fox, Cruise, ain't Tom Cruise. They was like, you want you want g A R R Y. You want to put Gary s Owens my middle initial, And I thought the easiest thing, I'll just dropped the s Gary Owen for letters four letters. I didn't realize how attached black people are to that letter. That s researching you. I realized because I was like, first.
Speaker 7: Off, I was researching you, and I kept that yeah, but I realized.
Speaker 2: Once it does bop up like whatever specially it is the essen is not there.
Speaker 7: So I'm like, am I seeing Jack Whilie? I thought I was Jack Villa was. I was seeing things and then and then I noticed that you did an interview somewhere and you was like, no, it's black people put the esor yeah, And I was like, holy shit, I am so fucking guilty. Yeah, shrimps, yeahrimp so his his his was crazy. Right, You've been in this game since nineteen ninety seven. That was raw comedy man in nineteen eighty seven. I came out in nineteen eighty seven. My Word Report album came out in nineteen eighty seven. How different, Like, I'm sorry it sound like the NBA players that you know, they look at the NBA now and they'd be like, oh man, she is so pussy now, but like in our day and I hate to sound like that people, but in our day. But how different is comedy from nineteenninety seven to comedy right now, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: My thing now is the Golden Age of comedy because, yeah, because you don't have to rely on somebody else to make it. You can with all these social media platforms. You two keep Instagram, there's no there's no you can't. You can't make the excuse there's gatekeepers. Now you got a camera and you start recording your sets and start posting them. I go, it's it's been. You've seen them, Matt Rife, Nate Jackson, more recently, Mojo Brooks. You know, those guys took off, and they didn't have Netflix specials, and they took off. They didn't have Comedy Central specials. When I started, you really needed somebody to like almost annoint you, like, all right, we're gonna put you in something. We're gonna don't matter how Whatspact did bt okay For Black comics, it was Comic View and then Comedy Center was coming along, and then death Chan kind of way. But you didn't have a lot of outlets, you know what I mean. So I think nowadays the younger guys, I mean, they they have that advantage, you know what I mean, which is which is great because I'm learning from them. But I ain't got to admit the first COVID year though I'm not doing it. I want to save my stuff so when people see me live and then I go, I'm a fucking idiot, I bet I get my ship out there, right.
Speaker 3: But you don't think it's like music where it feels like it's oversaturated because anybody thinks they could do it.
Speaker 2: I think it's like anything. If you're good, you're good. It's like boxing, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, boxing is a different if you're good because boxing you got to hit people and get hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm just saying though. We all know those boxes that like coming up like guys they want to fight, and they're like, if he gets a shot, you know, but now you know he don't he really? If you got your phone, you can pretty much make it. Yeah, the polls fucked that up for all of us. Anybody can box now or you kack a box? Yeah. Well, I mean that's a good example though, because now you have like social media guys that are doing stand up right. It's it's a blessing and a curse because they're there's they get on the road, they sell tickets, but they're not they don't have the hour yet, it doesn't solid right. But you also, they got an audience it's probably never been to a stand up comedy show either, so they have nothing to compare it to, you know what I mean. So they're getting laughs, but they're like those people have never been to a show with the season comic either. So, but you can't knock somebody. You don't choose your audience. They choose you. You can get out there and make money. Don't make some money.
Speaker 7: Because I heard you these gay people that go to your shows? Now, who just gay people that go to your shown? Yeah, they'd be in there. You heard that specifically?
Speaker 2: Yeah, white people like they kicking about he's being gentified backwards the opposite way. So I now cancel culture, right? Does that Does that determine how you you make your material?
Speaker 7: Because certain sit like you know, I'm gonna be honest, certain jokes their hearts, but they funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you take that into consideration when you're write in your material? Yeah, of course, Like you just kind of realize is it worth it? You know what I mean? I mean, like, obviously I'm not going to say the N word on stage. I'm not going to go there. But you know what I mean, because people I got people and be like, do you got to pass you say it? I was like, I ain't risking that. So many people tell me that, because the thing is, if I have ten thousand people in the audience, nine thousand, nine ninety nine could be laughing that one person exactly, it's offended. That's what's going to get everybody going, all's on. I got Benjamin Krump at my show, these black kids I got, I forget who was people. He was like, man, tell him I got more black kids than Yeah, right, I got a gang. So no, but I don't have to answer your question. I think Cancel Culture had its run as far as that goes. I think now with with Shane Gillis, Andrew Schultz, these these Netflix roast you know what I mean, I think we've kind of taken the power back because you think the internet is running your career. You think these people that are making all the noise on their keyboards, But most of those people were never going to come see you anyways. They've never been to a comedy show. And you'll find out that, yeah, I said some some ship that people could say it was Cancel Culture ship. But there's so many people that want to hear that. It's all a sudden your ticket shill start going up, you know what I mean. Wow, And that outrage is short lived, like very much, and they don't really mean it. They're just like they see thirty second snippet and they haven't looked at your whole career, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: But you seem like a person who cares, right Like, I'm not malicious, Okay, yeah, yeah, I'm not malicious in anything.
Speaker 2: Even when I talked about people or a culture or a race, there's no malicious intent behind it, you know, because I had I had the special needs community come after me about ten years ago. Came they came out for real, not your people came back. People came back with Jack man. That's got it. You wasn't that that meaning?
Speaker 4: I wasn't that that man.
Speaker 2: Everybody that's disability that's not special needs? You talking about this, dude? Yeah, oh my god, I got it? Rate it R. I made a mistake one time.
Speaker 7: Right, we had Mike Apps on here and I had invited internet comedian.
Speaker 2: Right, I didn't know.
Speaker 7: I't know the difference at the time. Okay, read over, what is his name Brian Read And now I don't know that name. Well, he's He's but I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: I thought that they was on the same show because they were both in Miami at the time. So I invited Mike and what's Mike's friend name? He's Henry will oh he is. So these are two real comedians as opposed.
Speaker 7: So I put them all on the mike together, right, me not knowing announced to me that you got to say that unpronounced to you, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And he thought all comedians knew each other. Yeah, that's very very dumb. So and when I tell you Mike and Henry his name is Henry Henry well Herry, Well, when I tell you, they like scorched him like like, and I'm thinking they know each other, And is there a world that.
Speaker 7: That that could coexist, like, because like you, Mike, there's certain people that just just just so electrifying on stage. But these other people, these New School could beias. I'm not saying it's not that they're not funny, but they're funny with edits, right, It's a different that's a different muscles. It's a different muscle, you know what I mean. But I mean, there's there's just like I said, when I started Alls, we had. All we had was stand up. We weren't doing sketches and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Alls we were doing every weekend was every week going up, driving over the country, you know what I mean. So we were just working on that muscle stand up. These the social media guys, they're doing sketches.
Speaker 3: It would be stand up would evolved, you would you would graduate.
Speaker 2: You evolved with it. Yeah, but they're they're kind of like they're they're building their act in front of an audience. Already. We didn't have an audience. We could bomb and nobody would know have the audience you said, they already have their audience when they're out there. So it's a pleasing en courage. You're making money, but you don't really have the experience and the chop shed to get up there for an hour, you know what I mean. We were able to, like you know, not do well and nobody knew about it. I'm in des Moines, Io with the funny bone. Nobody knows I bomb last night. Nowadays people know, oh they got it on the day, they know, So, you know what I'm saying. We had we had that ability to not do well and nobody find out. And those are the best stories in standup. I don't want it. I hate it when comedians tell me they ripped. I don't care. But that's the reason about media is taking your phone over right now? Yeah, yeah, And they don't want to don't want you know, if you're working on your hour because you know, the crowd word things a thing. Now, right, you're working on your hour and people think we're going up there just doing crowd work. Now we're doing We're giving you probably an hour, but then we might do fifteen minutes of CrowdWork. But I always tell my guys, you know, you know my act, don't put the jokes that's going in the next special in that. Find those moments where I was talking to an audience member or something happened that that's off the cuff. Put those on the internet. So it's not just all CrowdWork. If you think we're just up there doing CrowdWork the whole time, that's not what's happening.
Speaker 5: Have you ever seen somebody get boob doing CrowdWork?
Speaker 1: Go say he saw something like a really big person doing crowd work and got booed, really yes, it's gotten to that point where you know what is the crowd work.
Speaker 2: CrowdWork is when you croud work can go either way. You can have somebody talking loud in audience, you start going off on them, or or you're just like, hey, where you're from? Is this your wife? You just start talking to him and then it kind of happens. People don't realize feel like the crowdwork's new.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: The first crowd work comics really was Martin and DL Martin on dev jam With doing crowd work before he brought the comics out Dale who he was doing CrowdWork on Comic View. I used to watch it to see him do CrowdWork. This guy just starts going off on the audience. I never see nothing like it. Nothing. Yeah, those were those guys doing crowdork before it became a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how he got on on on the Fresh Prince of bel Air h doing the warm ups, doing crowd work and whatnot.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh wow, yeah yeah yeah. One of the crowd works. My favorite crowd works was what you was?
Speaker 7: You got this black guy in the front and I believe you're in Houston, and uh, you looked towards the guy and I don't know if he was about to bag on him.
Speaker 2: Or something, but the guy goes, do you have been with these hands? Yeah? My doctor, My prosected me. Doctor.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: He was legit your doctor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guy that snipped my balls. Yeah, I want that ship like three hundred times. Let me tell you so, because I knew that was not played, like I knew that was organic, like like your face. I'm kept he was in the front. I kept look at him like because I only met him twice, and both times my name was out here, you know. Both times I'm talking to him. Hey, I just I remember it so well because I was getting a sect with me and we're just talking and I saw his his diplomas on the wall and one of them said University of Cincinnati for Cincinnati, So I said, oh, you went to U. See we're talking in the middle of us talking about the Bearcats, like, oh yeah, Ken you Martin is Corey Blood? He like you dump pants. He's still talking basketball with my bubbles in his hand. I go, bro, can we stop this conversation? So I get done. And then the next time I saw him, obviously I'm getting sniffed, and so literally, it's the third time I've seen this guy in my life and I'm on stage going I know him, but how do I know him? Because it had been a year I va sectomy and I just said, yo, how do I know you? And even the nurses I recognized, so I was like, nursing, Yeah, the whole He brought his whole staff out to see me. Yeah. So the girls are just I'm looking work up there. So they've all seen my day, all of them, everybody in there and see my ship. So it's like I wasn't my act changed. I wasn't about to brag on my ship that night. They're like, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So he said, do you recognize.
Speaker 2: Recognize these hands? Because I was talking to him for a minute, I swore at the first sorry, but at the first part when he said that, I thought I thought I had to fight because you know how people say yeah yeah, and I was just like, holy shit, but ahead, I'm sorry, yeah no, but he was saying. And then it was funny because we had a nice back and forth. But when we edited, we edited down to make it, you know, more, to get rid of all the bullshit and just get to the ship. People were like, that's a hippo violation. You can't announce that and stuff. I go, no, no, no, no, no, to mean, that's something with the doctors, like doctors can't say who. Yeah, privacy, you can't say who you're working on because you don't want people talking.
Speaker 3: But you're literally consenting.
Speaker 2: On stage two, I started the conversation. I said, oh, Ship, you.
Speaker 4: Know my doc.
Speaker 2: Were you talking about your prosector me? Yeah, in that Yeah, you're talking about my prosectomy in my act. So when I'm getting a joke, I'm looking at him like this guy, so that's why he's sitting because you don't recognize his hands, Like, oh, Ship, I think my voice went up.
Speaker 4: Ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah you said to the side so much because I was like he was like, man, so this is there's a couple of people who see my nick in the house that this is my girlfriend. And I was like, oh my god, like you said, but this this is what I want to This is what I want to ask. Now.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 7: Like if I was rapping on stage right and I see my my third grade teacher, I wouldn't be able to stop the show and continue to show as well as.
Speaker 2: You did, like how the hell can you like.
Speaker 7: Or something like that, and you just organically like respond to that and make it funny.
Speaker 2: How how how does that just when you're the best, When you're the best, it's just what you do. You know we're talking about right now, jack Man. Yeah, one day you'll get there, because it's just natural, dead ass, like I can't explain it, Like I think it's also you do this so long, like that is my safe place no matter what's going on in my life. Like everybody's going through ship off stage right, I don't care what it is. When I get on stage, it's just like everything goes away. It's just peaceful. I just hope I'm healthy enough to do this until I check out, like Don Rickles, you know what I mean. It's really it really is the best there. I don't need a therapist. I can get on stage. It's just I can just talk podcasts at times at times at time all the time. I got a question for you guys, let's go when when the game came here? He really read that whole bottle.
Speaker 3: We debate this all the time.
Speaker 2: Is that really.
Speaker 7: We At first we didn't know, But afterwards I hung out with game a couple of times, and that man.
Speaker 2: Can drink, he can go and according to the to the Versus, I, if I had to bet, I would believe that he drank that that was a whole bottle. Yes, yeah, I don't believe it. He bring it?
Speaker 5: Did he bring out?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: No, now there's people he brought it. He brought he brought it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this Leander actually yeah, we don't remember because there was so much going on at the time.
Speaker 4: But but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's too focused, bro.
Speaker 7: But a versus at versus you can actually see the tequilla jumping out of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can see it. Say blood that much show I believe. I ain't gonna lie watching the Versus. I thought I was blood. One point. I was like, I was like, hey, then let me go outside. I'm gonna watch.
Speaker 7: Captain Crunch commercials or something because I gotta get out of this. Okay, And you really didn't date a white girl since nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: No, I never did a white girl. I slept for the white girl second she was slept. I never did it. Okay, it was just fun. It's just because because she liked the black guys. You're like, yeah, well, I met her at T Black Guys, and I knew it because she had the haircut. Yeah, she had the eye black haircut. It's the asymmetrical bob and like the bangs come down, you think it's up here, you you know, you see it, Sody, did you get familiar with that cuts? Literally should be on the should be on the hair salon, like kind of like ta bons. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You see water, you see a lot of Yeah, you see a lot on Moury back in the day. So what would you at the ball? You's like you want to fuck around? It was a TGI Fridays in San Diego. I was right off Highway. I was in the Navy, and uh literally it's like I went there all the time because like between like four thirty and six, the appetiser was half off, so I didn't have a lot of money, so I can get like potato skins and chicken skewers for like fifteen dollars, you know. So like that's where I went. But she's literally like two barstools down from We're the only ones there, So we just started talking about nothing, and then in the middle of us talking, I literally asked her, I said, hey, can I see something? I said, get it black guys, and she's like her whole attitude change, Why you say that? Why you say that? I mean even the tone change, and I go your your hair. She was like, she went on, I wouldn't fuck you, and I was like, I was like, wow, I wouldn't fuck you, you know. And then it was just like it was like, you know, you couldn't have this white puss it. I'm like, you can't handle this white dick. And I like, why pussy? What dick? Why push? And the bartender just sitting there like you know you're both white?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Who was?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: What was?
Speaker 2: He was white? He was just like roll around the place, tennis, back and forth, and then we start laughing about it. Then we start cutting up. Then we started drinking and listen in my act, it was it comes across way more tense. It never got tense. It was more fun, you know what I mean. And then I don't literally I don't know how we ended up back in my place because I lived close, but I just know we was in my car. Then we started making out of my car, which was random, and then we got back to my place and that's it. Just happened. Was any milk involved, No, no milk. It was different though, just like you know, it's very uh, it's like you know, our skin were blending into each other. Wow. Like I was like, oh my god, am I smacking your s r mind? She had a body, she had up body. And the fun is we stay in touch, right. We stayed in that Facebook right, we stayed. We stayed in touch, and you lose touch and then you stay in touch. Right, And I was correct. She only dates black guys. Like for some reason that day we both was like, we're gonna try it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And that's what it is.
Speaker 2: And then she got two mixed kids. Now she still comes to see me when I go to San Diego. She's always got like a brother with her. So never call her out.
Speaker 7: So you and you in Disney World with your new girl, right, kids, and you see this woman? Did you introduce her as that.
Speaker 2: One white girl? Wait, it's so long you know my girl now she doesn't care about that stuff. Even we got together, I was like, I had a long conversation. I said, look, I'm in the entertainment business. If you've ever done anything with anybody in our business, I go tell me now said it to your new girl? Yet to do that? Yeah, I want to be in a room. Somebody got one on me. I hear it secondhand. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: I hate I had to ask that, but I had to ask, I said, And you find out Will Fower was all up in there. It's real, your wife, it's a long time ago.
Speaker 2: You can handle that. I can handle it.
Speaker 7: That's well, I'm Jim carry Jim carry can jail with Jim Carrey if Jim Okay, that's the mask though.
Speaker 2: All right, she wasn't sleeping with comedians. I was like general, I'm not talking about just timedian, somebody in general, Bill Moore. We should all be lucky enough to follow Bill More, you know what? Yeah, so okay, I was all over the place. You wanted to tell the story of what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mind was terrible. I had Marlan Wayne's and Tony Rock and you kind of stupid ship. Oh yeah, yeah, it was the worst. Wasna Wayne's brothers for years. I want to say something to him, terrible. It was so hard from you, man. I wanted to kill him and.
Speaker 2: Saying that wholly man, I wanted to kick I might don't love him at the same time. Always Marlin and Tony Rock go together. Them niggas is taking over them. They are they gotta tie down because you know why they take it over. Damon and Chris is left over ship probably Yeah, you know, like it makes sense, yeah, Gary, Gary.
Speaker 5: So I was on Drink Champs and I had talked about it with Norri and E f M.
Speaker 1: And Marlon had called me and I just happened to be with Norri again and with a method man video shoot, and I had Marlon d M me about it and it was like that that's your.
Speaker 2: Girl and such and such.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, man, just gonna talk to her again, and I let nor see the ship. He was like, he's still walking up to hoot me back up with my wife to give me my pitch man. Hold on, I've never heard that term before. You just said a comedy whole comedy host because we got goofies. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Podcast. I don't know what the funk we got podcast? I can't oh, but now I swear I am oblivious to what you're about to say. I really don't know that. I don't so I am so curious. What is the fucking comedy? I mean I don't know what a comedy is in general, but they're out there like you'll, you'll literally like I don't. I guess I could it so long ago, Like I literally I remember, God has had to be fifteen sixteen years ago. Girl I messed with at some point, not Rachel, No, I don't even know her name. So long ago. But then I saw, I saw, I saw Tony Rock and he had a picture or she had a picture on Instagram, and I was just like yo, I said, I hit Tony up and I was like oh, I said, well there's one that we both had, you know what I mean? Okay, So I just I don't know if there's a type. I don't know if they plant it out like you rappers, rappers host the you got it's planned they know, Yeah yeah. I think comedy was the more spur of the moment. Oh that funny, oh okay type ship they walk up poles, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Hey they gotta be at the show. Okay.
Speaker 1: You know, Tony Rock, I had checked him about fucking my bitch before I met.
Speaker 2: Her, and I was like, bro, you just had you you checked him. You can't check it.
Speaker 1: You can't cause before she do he should have known that she was gonna be for somebody special one day.
Speaker 2: And so that's what I had a problem with.
Speaker 1: You just had to everybody you ain't thinking about it, the guys in the future, that she would be really grateful. And I'm just making all this stuff in my mind trying I feel crazy because him.
Speaker 2: I'm so mush Still, I'm just mad.
Speaker 1: I'm just mad he met her before I did, and they hurticked him about.
Speaker 3: You got mad at him from messing with her before he even met her.
Speaker 2: So you never knew her and you're met a tony for mess with her before you met her. Yeah, because like her. Yeah, I see why you got him on the show. Now, I ain't gonna lie. This is like, this is like the fifth chick i've seen cheat on you. Didn't a piece of girl cheat on you. Yeah, but he didn't cheat on you. He was messing with her before you. She knew she was gonna meet me one day. She knew she was gonna meet one day. He knows he again once he got that's the way of letting it down. Okay, Kevin Hart, why do people think? Why do people say that to me? Kevin Hart is one of the funniest peoplehen I'm playing yeah facts, I think that his success.
Speaker 7: Kind of like people like down play me and oh he's not funny, Like what do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. You've got your great friends. Yeah, I think that just comes with it when you become one of the top dogs. That's that's part of it. Nobody, nobody, there's nobody out there right now that that is like everybody agrees with the best you got, you got lebron and Michael Jordan and you never change. Animis mine With Kevin, I don't understand it, Like I always say, like those guys like Kevin and Chappelle, you don't get it till you're in the room with them, and then it becomes very clear why they're where they're at in their career because they have that it factor and you can't explain it, but you and I know you guys have met them. Like when you're in the room with them, they literally make you feel like you're the only one in the room. You know, they make you feel like you're you're important, and no matter what's going on in the room, who's in there, you feel like, oh, this guy really likes we have a report. They don't they're not blowing you off. And you know, I don't know where the hate comes from. I've known since ninety eight, you know how Yeah, how we even met was random. I was I was doing with Caroline right, I was on Caroline. Yeah, I was doing Carolines in New York, and it was my first time being in New York. First I'm headlining a comedy club and a buddy of ours name named Dolph and Philly he called me because hey, we got this young gut he's like nineteen. He goes, his name's little keV. He wants to do a guest spot, and keV got on the phone and he was still kid back. Then he goes, hey, Gary, man, I don't want to You ain't got to put me on.
Speaker 4: It's cool.
Speaker 2: I just want to know. I don't want to step on toes.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I know you're busy. I said, no, come down, and then we end up hanging out the whole weekend. He was cool ever since, but he was still the same at nineteen, you know what I mean. So I don't know where it comes from. I just think you know you're doing something right when comics are talking about your other people saying he's not that funny, because the truth is, he is right, you know, and he can do it all. He can go off the top of his head. I've seen him like you just be in the room, like going playing a dozens with somebody and he's killing you know what I mean? He still saw he did it when I got married a couple months ago and he couldn't make I got the guys from Thinking Like a Man to be my groomsman, right, because I realized we all haven't been in the same room since since the Think Like a Man two came out. I told you I went to Teris J. Redding in Dubai. Not everybody went, oh, no, everybody I went. I think I was the only one from from the Think Like a Man guys that went. I was the only one that went, yeah, because it was in Dubai, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I was like, I had to call keV first because I knew if I got Kevin, all the other guys have fall in line. So I got Kevin. He committed, and then Eli, Terrence Jerry Romney. I was like, yes, even Will Packer, even Tim Story came the director. It literally wasn't think like a manor reunion, that wedding, let's do that's annoying for And at the last, like less than a week before, Kevin started calling me and I was like, oh, this ain't good. He was catching he was he was chartering a private from from Hawaii to Houston to make the wedding to get back because he's shooting Jumanji was in Houston. Now, yeah, so I know. I said, this ain't good. He said, he shouldn't be call me like this, Soddy, He said, yo, I got. I want to put you on the phone with the producers of Jumanji. So I was thinking, either they were telling me how they are going to release him to come to the wedding, or he's not coming, and it was it was the latter.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 2: They said, you know, we our shooting schedule got mixed up. We were running behind. Everybody has to be here this weekend. The Rock had to change his plans. Jack Plack had to change his plans. We can't let him go. So what Kevin did was he still gave a toast at the wedding. Be a satellity. We brought the TV in, so he was still there. He FaceTime my wife with the rock while she was getting ready to apologize, and then he sent a very generous wedding gift. Well i'll just keep between us, but it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: Tony box girlfriend. But he you know, he's just a solid individual, you know what I mean? And I know I'm not the only one He's done stuff like that. He just doesn't go to the press with it stuff.
Speaker 7: You know, Kevin Hart's first movie, Paper Soldiers the first year, I mean that with him speaking of Keva heart right, I felt like kempa Hart. A lot of people said that he went too far the Tom Brady roast, right, So then I felt like he was like, we're paying the people by doing his own roast, right, and he let people, you know, get at him.
Speaker 2: Is that something you would do?
Speaker 7: Because we're appauled that Netflix doesn't doesn't give you like you you do a verse of a white privilege when it comes.
Speaker 2: But we'll let's get to that later.
Speaker 7: But if Netflix is approached you right now, we'll say, Gary, we know we haven't gave you especially, but we wanted to do a roast.
Speaker 2: Would you would you participate in something like that? Hive percent? Now, Okay, now it's up to you. Who's going to roast you? Who's going to roast you? Yeah, I'm gonna go for the big dogs that know me. Okay, you know what I mean. Yeah, you're p not gonna I'll put your audience, We'll put my roasters like know me. Obviously, I'm I'm gonna pick Kevin. I would pick Nate Jackson. I was going back and forth at one point, right because yeah, we're friends. It's all I like my beasts. Okay, yeah, all of them are fake. I don't I will test o, keV, Nate Jackson, Cat, Mike Keeps, uh who else? I probably used a couple of my openers because they know me pretty well. Because I think you always got to give those You always got those people that get their shots, so to speak, on this on the roast. Uh, yeah, there was was five or six? Oh yeah, I think seven. If they're gonna let meet in somebody to hold who's the host? Yeah? Who would be the host?
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 2: You know, he's already done it, you know, I know Kevin has already done it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He hosted, He hosted a couple of it. He holst to Tom Tom Brady.
Speaker 5: He hosted.
Speaker 2: Uh, he hosted a couple, didn't he do? He did Justin Biebers, Justin he did Justin Bieber. I think it was Comedy Central back then. Okay, yeah, yeah, I know he did. He did Justin Bieber's. Uh yeah, I'm thinking guys, I've I've worked with a lot. Uh, probably put Leavell Crawford on there. I know level would destroy you know, he's he's he's one of the guys that like nobody wants to follow on the road. I think Lavel would be on there too. Uh. Let me see what about Douvo? Yeah, I put Duvall in there, right right right. I didn't think about that. Yeah, I'm probably have hosted because he brings some music into it. You bring out some dancers before we come out. Yeah, probably a good host. Okay, yeah, let's I didn't think you have thank you. I forgot.
Speaker 5: I thought y'all had it.
Speaker 1: Fill out because you left you in at the game when John would be again, I'm.
Speaker 2: Lying everything on the internet. Listen, I got drinking. We woke to the Jacksonville Cincinnay Bengals game. Right, it was in Jacksonville, so I was in Atlanta. You know, he's got that little jet right, so we flew down on his jet. We go to the game, and we're just assuming Jacksonville has to blow him out because jackson was on like a five game winning streak. Joe Burrow just got hurt, so I was like, and then the Bengals just just just mocked them. And then I got to fly back. So du Ball's got the four guys on a plane. We're all Jacksonville fans. So now I'm hyped on the flight back. So we got back to the airport in Atlanta. I said, Yo, let's act like you left me because the plane hangar bay isn't in Atlanta, somewhere else in Georgia. So the plane was dropping us off then taking off to go to the hangar bay where he stores the plane. So I said, act like you left me, because then the planes got to take off. We can edit it where it looks like I'm stuck. Wow, do Ball literally.
Speaker 3: Lack like he left me?
Speaker 2: And then you see him playing and taking off and I'm going and it's just an echo because you're on this empty runway. People really thought he left. People aren't smart, No, no, no, no, yeah, one of them, some of them. So no, he didn't leave me.
Speaker 5: I think Jack, yo, yo, we got somebody on the phone for you, friend.
Speaker 2: He can't see this is this is this is the best friend. I love you. I don't think he knows who you are.
Speaker 5: This is your boy, this is this is this is this is your brother. Oh it's Jack Thriller the Honeybune.
Speaker 2: What's up? What Willie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm over here with Gary Owen right now. We were just talking about you leaving him in Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, Jake, I'm on the show.
Speaker 5: What I'm what I'm drink?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We said, uh, if Netflix came to me and gave me a roast, if I got to pick the roasters, who would I picked? And I said, hey, I picked a bunch of people. And I said, I pick Duvau to host because I know you'll bring dancers and music to it and bitious bous.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you talking about I got the camp drow ball right now, Chicky, Yeah, let me.
Speaker 2: See how to do it FaceTime exactly. I know. Look, we got to see him though. He's got to accept it, accept it, except oh my god, this is I know you don't. We texted me.
Speaker 3: What theme of I phone you got?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 10: He is going on that that is a metro piece. Yes, FaceTime, Yeah, go ahead. It was gonna work better all my face time, see you go.
Speaker 2: No, he's not on the face time. He faced time himself. Tell him hang up and I'll face time. And they went through. This shouldn't be that difficult. I'm sorry, but I'm a bad Cha. We got got cat three, he said the phone I got Gary. Now you say to my phone in Atlanta, Yeah, I'm at camp Doll. I want to come to the camp duvall drink. Hold on. Let me show you something, holdo, let me show.
Speaker 4: You how much I wrapped your hold on? Hold on, holdo, say what something?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Who's that? Who's that? You know?
Speaker 4: Are just schoming?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: No, who is that?
Speaker 3: That was just on the phone, but Jack wanted to clear up the whole thing about wiping his desk.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no vault came. Remember remember he said stop telling people? He said, so, yeah he would do. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: Just like that.
Speaker 7: I heard you say, Ah, it doesn't feel like it's work when you on a movie set and it's all comedians.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't feel like that.
Speaker 7: How does that feel when you when you're amongst your peers who you know, you respect, and you know that.
Speaker 2: They respect you back. How does that feel. It's probably equivalent like the Pro Bowl or the NBA All Star Game. Oh damn, it all just all hanging out and then and the good thing isn't When you got guys that aren't like insecure, threatened by somebody else being funny, then the scenes are that much funnier, you know what I mean. Let let let him get his ship off. I'll get my ship off, and then you guys can. And the best is when you're not when you're on set and you it's not you're not in the corner talking about the scene beforehand. It just happened organically. That ship's always the best. I remember we did. We did the first thing like a man that run our test scene when he shut up in the purple shorts, okay, in the basketball that was all off the dome. What Kevin was doing. Nothing was written. They were just letting him go. And as I always say this as a comedian, I'm watching and things are in my head like fucking chime in, I should chime in, I go, but I just I just got wild because it was so good organically. You didn't want to you didn't want to fuck that up by interrupted. So the community, that's that that's the hardest part when you're with funny people and you the scene's funny, because your natural instinct is to chime in, you know what I mean, You've got to fall back. But then it works. But that goes back to being secure, like, Okay, there's enough funny shit in this movie. I'm going to get off later on in it, right, But I remember that scene. I was like, Oh, he just he's just ripping right now, run our test because we didn't. He's gonna showup those purple shorts off, had nothing. He just walked on set like that. Yeah, I mean, that's that's what I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: But it is.
Speaker 2: It's like an all star game, am Maricono. Yeah, it's like an all star game.
Speaker 1: Just hanging out the mass is One thing about the Cape Heart rose right, like a lot of people were saying that a couple of those people weren't really his closest friends that was on there, and can you speak to why you would pick the people that you don't know and whatnot?
Speaker 5: Because from my perspective, I thought it was because you know, they gonna give you.
Speaker 2: Their best because they're not.
Speaker 5: It's not an emotional attachment to it, you know.
Speaker 2: I like they when they did it, Like you know Tony Henscliff, he'd already that's what he does. He showed killed Tony and then he did the time Room, and that lets you know that he does his job. Because I believe that he's meant not for me to like him. He's the heel. It's dubbed it wrestling, he's you.
Speaker 4: Know, the back that.
Speaker 2: The other day, like I was like, you know what, the reason because he made it a joke about Puerto Rico.
Speaker 7: I'm Puerto Rican. Yeah, I couldn't accept that joke. I've never got over it. And no, I've never got.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me let's do an example, right, Yeah, so you got mad because he said Puerto Rico is a floating island in the garbage. Right, Yeah, okay, we all know that this bullshit, right, Yes, I'll put it like this. My brother died, right, he had a hair and overdose. He died. Two weeks after he died. I'm watching sn L and they're doing a sketch about her herrowin and how people act and all this and I was like at first, I was like, dang, and people were hitting me up, like this is fucked up. You should call him. I said no, no, no, no. I said, honestly, what they're saying is there's a little truth to it, right right right, And I thought if my brother was alive, you know what I mean. I was like, I didn't take it personal, you know, but people want you to take that shit personal. Right. He knows porter going to floating island of garbage, just like I'm trying to get a reaction. People realize, Yeah, the angrier you get and the more you get a line, the more intention he's getting. It's just working for him. I swear to god.
Speaker 7: I realized that the other day because he had the other joke that he said on the Kevin Hart special and it's me and this other guy been going back and forth and whatever. But what it was was when I started to realize, I said, holy shit, he wants me not to like him. This is actually his this is actually I'm a part of the bit, Like I didn't line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like you're helping his fan. No, I was in algorithms, But.
Speaker 3: Is there a danger that he knows that he's feeding a narrative that's already the the country is being divided and these things, and he knows he's feeding a narrative that some people don't look at as a joke. They think that's that's real and that that fits right in my narrative, that that's real and we got to get these Puerto Ricans out of here or this and that.
Speaker 2: But he's also feeding his fan base, right, He's want to hear that ship. So he's really feeding the people that pay to see him. And that's honestly, that's his job. That's his job. And it's also why would I why would I tailor my act the people that aren't paying to see me? What's paying my bills right now? These people that want to hear jokes about black people, George Floyd, Puerto Rico and shit like that, I'm gonna feed them because they're the ones coming to see me. And he's selling out everywhere everywhere, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Can that go too fark and to be can you all of a sudden have a KKK comedian and be like, hey, I'll feeding my family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I said, whatever you say, just no, I mean, it can come with repercussions. Are you willing to take that risk? Right? You know what I mean. It's just that's a that's a that's a choice you have to make. Like I could say the N word on stage, you'd be one of the people with the ultimate past. Yes, we'll see what happens. I mean, I'm not gonna try it, right, but I mean that is like you, it's always.
Speaker 7: One person, like like you have ninety nine percent of the room. And then like I started to get it because you know, I see how Joe Rogan accepted him. I've seen how I believe Brick Christna. You know I love white comedians. You know what I'm saying, I'm the opposite of you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like I was playing, and I started to realize, like that's his audience, that's who he caters to, and it's equal opportunity. He doesn't just say I'm going through black people, I'm going by Riggins. He goes after everybody. Damn.
Speaker 7: He's self different. But you know, you know in our algorithms, we don't see them going at everybody. Yeah, we see him going at just our You.
Speaker 2: Gotta look at the roast. He did something with snoop probably ten years ago. He was way harder on some one. Oh he went in so hard. Yeah, stupid is dying. You realize he went so hard. But it was like, oh shit, he's going there. But it wasn't get the views that he's getting now because he hadn't popped yet, you know what I mean. But he went just as hard on still. I mean, look at those old Shaquille and neo roast uh Emmitt Smith. Oh yeah, I mean literally Jeff Ross went up there and said shaq looks like a gorilla and had a banana and like his knuckles were scraping and stuff. I was like, what the fuck? He went there for some reason though, Like we don't take it personal form, Jeff Ross, Like, I know he disarmed you for some reason.
Speaker 3: Like, but that's where that's that's the thing is.
Speaker 2: You can say believe that art can do everything.
Speaker 3: Or then it's selective, and then when it's selective, it'd be that's dangerous because your face.
Speaker 2: We know Jeff Ross is not racist, right, we know that. We know that, So if he says something waterline.
Speaker 7: Racist, we like our our our our racist radars automatically down.
Speaker 2: So your wife, we don't even come on. Well, Jeff. Also, if you watch him, he always he brings it home at the end. Even when he was talking about Shaq, he was shack you know this, something like I saw you out one day. It's emotional. Yeah, He's like he was feeding these kids. You stopped and took pictures all these kids, and it was he said something like he did that after Kobe died. He goes, I saw you get out of your car, you talk to all these kids, and Shock was like you saw that, and he goes, yeah, I drove by, and he goes, I just saw you. And he always brings home. I don't think Tony doesn't. Tony just leaves you there and you're just mad, right, Jeff. Honestly, Jeff Ross is more like a modern age John Rickles were Don Rickles went everybody hard, but hard hard, but you also knew it was coming from a place of love, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a funny thing you say about Shaq when we had Kanye on here or the second time, just the kind of.
Speaker 2: He was in the studio, not a studio, but the show this before you get in there, is anybody ever showed up alone a lot? The only one people. Yeah, I love and it came so long.
Speaker 7: Fifty He had a security waiting in a car and he walked in by Solf.
Speaker 2: But what else to talking about with? Just now? What was it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Kanye?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 7: So I say this about Shaq like that second interview, like I was going he was going through a lot, and like my phone wasn't ringing at all. Like I just felt like, you know, like I was being blamed for his comments even though I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't co sign his comments. We didn't. We didn't, we didn't, you know. We All we did was just be what I for. The first person that called me was Shaq. Shaq was the first person. He was like, Yo, are you all right? I was like what came after that? I literally had to answer, like because I knew what he was asking.
Speaker 7: He wasn't asking me all right, he was asking me, Am I like you know this this criticism that's going on. And I say that to say, that's about how much? Because Shaq didn't have to call me, like you know, he's like that he caught me when my divorce happened.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, he reached out because he went to the divorce, which messing one with Shawnee, and he was telling me everything he went through. Give me a A lot of those guys do that, and they don't, you know, you don't go to social media and say it. But you know, it's been so long now, like when when my first worse the only divorce, when it hit TMZ and everything, Like, you know, as I'm in this hotel room, I'm locked in my room. I'm scared to go out because I'm scared about that getting certain papers. You know, I love this story. I got this, I got this alder my mask. So I'm like, you know, you start reading the internet. You really in the back of mind, God, are people starting to hate me if you're looking at it all the internet?
Speaker 7: Like he about to be canceled. He's losing his black audience. He did this black woman wrong, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then you know, Shack reached out, Kevin reached out, Anthony Anderson reached out, a ton of other people reached out, all these guys in our business that have been through divorce. Honestly, as crazy as it sounds, it was very much a male bonding moment for me because all these guys that have been through it, they all were like giving me what they went through and how you get over it, you know, don't worry about it's going to pass other stuff. I'm going to tell you something.
Speaker 7: I don't watch First forty eight, right because I don't like people's trauma to be my entertainment.
Speaker 2: I love that show. I can't. I can't. And the fact that the person's dead at the end, like I can't, like, especially if something's funny, I'm like, ah, I'm like, oh, she just motherfucker died, Like I don't. I don't feel good about it.
Speaker 7: Right, So me hearing you speak about your divorce, right, you are so elegant and how you deliver it.
Speaker 2: You let me tell you how good you are.
Speaker 7: You could deliver the saddest story and make me me laugh like that, Like when you said that you went to see a lawyer.
Speaker 2: And you wanted to warn your ex wife.
Speaker 7: You said, yo' I'm gonna let you know that they're they're coming get you. And then she, I think you said, like she snapped like Spider Man or something. She's just appeared at a home DEEPO know, when no one can find up. And then I believe you call it that panava bread?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, yeah, I know my Sha had the drunk, but I'll just drive to too. Yep, He's like, and you filmed it and all that.
Speaker 7: But oh, one of the funniest shit I've ever heard is where you say you try to serve her and then she tried to serve you back. Because California is a fifty fifties yeah for life. So let me ask you, because this was this is crazy. So that means that had she served you first, you would and you would have lost.
Speaker 2: You would have lost all your money. No, no, no, half of the money. Okay, could have It's no guarantee. Explain this because you got right. We had a house in Ohio and a house in California. Right, Ohio is just about the numbers. How long you've been married. The alimony is going to be half the marriage. So if you're married twenty years, your alimonious ten years. How much do you make a year? Okay? You know as a comedian, our our our income could be up one year now one year, right, so you you kind of have to beverage it out and then it's it's just numbers and it's and honestly, it's kind of fair in Ohio. If you think about it, but not just managed to the bread winner. I want to say, who's making it? Like California and I heard New York's like this too. Okay, dude, it is like fifty to fifty for life, you know what I mean. So all all your money, all your assets, even after, even after. Yeah, I'm like this, at one point, put the end of this.
Speaker 5: So you get married to someone else and still have to pay her alimony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's fucked up facts. So it ain't enough money for my next wife, right, That's what I'm saying, if you get a divorce. The second levitation that you delivered that message with a smile so crazy. I thought you were fronting because I was like, he can't be that, Like, no, no, you got to realize too, Like you know, the way I had, I had two lawyers, right, one was a bulldog and one was one was nice. But you had you got to get the bulldog for the courtroom and not bullshit. Right that the bulldog she was. I felt the ship she was saying to me. I was like, Yo, that still is my my kid's mother. Slow down like that, not like that, but like, for instance, the big one of the things in the divorce was we were registered voters in Ohio and we paid taxes in Ohio. Right, So even if I had got served in California, I would have fought it by hey, I voted and I paid taxinghile you because so you can't use you can't say, hey, I don't want to pay California taxes, but now I'm getting divorced. I want now I want to use California as where I want to get a divorce. Doesn't know Ohio. So my lawyer was like, look, this goes down in California, We're going after her for tax evasion, voter fraud. She's gonna be in jail. I go whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. I was we're doing that. I was like, who's gonna bail around with me?
Speaker 8: I get him?
Speaker 4: My kids?
Speaker 2: Like, Dad, you just letting mom sit in jail. She was going left a bro. She goes if this goes down to California, she ain't gonna sleep this.
Speaker 4: I was like, what the fuck is wrong with me?
Speaker 2: Because if we were using to get divorced, people automatically think that their enemies. Yeah, so that's what you always get to. And I said this to her when we first was going at it, and the divorce was was you know, hot and heavy, and we were we were talking on the phone. I should listen. You're gonna say things I don't think you mean. You might see some gings on the internet about me that I didn't say because I never would batmouth it right and on the internet, and I go, you got it. We got to give each other like a little mulligan, so to speak, in all this and the heat of the divorce. Right and once once the dust settled and everything got cool. Now we're very cordial, we're nice to each other. Everything's cool now. But that that couple of years, boy, some of the phone calls I got, I was like, oh, she mad mad? Right? Good lord?
Speaker 1: Allow, I remember first meeting you on the red carpeted BT Awards, really.
Speaker 2: Because I don't remember if you I'm like this, you couldn't see that. He couldn't see what year was that. It was like yesterday or something like that. It was twenty twelve. I remember, Oh, okay, yeah, so I remember you. You was with your wife. Yeah to me, because we were married, that's what.
Speaker 5: She was right there.
Speaker 2: And I was so blown away because I always thought that saw her.
Speaker 4: I saw it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I saw her. See yeah, I can see then, okay, okay, I can see really well. Okay, she was fine to sell too. And I said to him, I said, so you said that because you want to be I was going to say something like that, but I had said to him, oh.
Speaker 2: So this your black wife, because I thought it was I thought it was just jokes at first. You think I'm going to go that deep and then show up with a white lady. He fuck me up. I couldn't be real. And she was beautiful. She was so nice enough.
Speaker 9: All right, we're getting.
Speaker 2: Man man when you left the man. She's single, single? Now ja do she day blind? She blind? She days black? She went back to black, but not blind. Not blind. Okay, maybe I tell you I'm legally legally blind. Always I don't get that, because there is is there go hate the cons. You got a handicap, I got a sticker and everything. Bro, I get a check all kind of ship. Have you ever been pulled over with that in your eye? Yeah? Like, and they always call more cops.
Speaker 3: Champan driving like that though you're driving like, yes, I'm probably get the.
Speaker 2: It's not a cop, but you're driving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it ain't nothing I can't do.
Speaker 2: You don't believe in me.
Speaker 3: I'm getting right on the road. It looks like you'll get right out and.
Speaker 2: You want get here without help? How the driving? You can't ever be afraid to ask for help. Bro, We all need a little help. We all got something wrong with you. Want to let you know. Man, Man, you are a stand up guy.
Speaker 7: Man, you are comedians comedian You are not only the person that is invited to the barbecue, You might be the person on.
Speaker 2: The grill at the barbecue. Have you seen my social media lately? Oh no, don't happen. Well, so build a new house in Houston. We were having some epic pool parties now. But we want to give you off your flowers while you can smell them. If to us what you can tell me? A drink said, this is better than the grammy nice? Yeah is nice? Thank you? So so let me ask you you put that up. I've seen you rock all types of crowds. I mean.
Speaker 7: And something that like you know, I used to wrap something that I uh, I used to My DJ used to do before we before him is he would go out and look at the crowd because I got Spanish records. I got rap record? Is I got you know, different type of shit. So he'll go out and look at the crowd and see what records we should before. Yeah, as a season comedian, do you make material like when you go to Houston? Is this material just for Houston crowd or this is a generic material where I'm gonna go to Memphis tomorrow and use the same or do you cater to that audience because I seen them off the dome ship when every time you off the dome, It's like, I'm wondering, are you off the dome walls?
Speaker 2: Like it's this planned out, especially you know it's off the dome. You always got your home run jokes that were like everywhere everywhere, but you I always like to try to build a rapport with the audience too, like I'll say something about their city, you know.
Speaker 8: What I mean?
Speaker 2: So whatever it is. You know, Houston had the one point. It was a Turkey leg hut. At one point, Joel Stein got busted with the money in the wall. Joel see in the church guy found all that money in the wall. It's just a little ship that have some rap ship money in the wall. That's a rap lyricor got the money in the wall. I don't know who said it, but that's the yeah. Yeah, So, I mean you always like to build a rapport with whatever whatever city you're in. But as far as like school and the audience out, no, In fact, I don't watch my openers. I don't want to know anything that's going on beforehand. I just want to get on there and just be organic. And if I see you and start talking to you, I just want to talk to you, you know. So it's never planned. What are you doing from the white people? Like what kind of like the same the same thing? What over the line? Jack over the I you haven't been around to see this, but literally, over the last year and a half, the audience has changed dramatically. So and it's it's I think it's slot from Facebook.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I start posting a lot of my military jokes on Facebook, and those just the same by right. Yeah. But like if I do like a military joke, like literally on the Navy's Facebook page, they'll post it, the Army's page, they'll post it, and you realize the reach that has. So I've noticed over last year year and a half with YouTube and Facebook, for me, the audience has definitely switched. It's not all black anymore. White people playing you back. Yeah, yeah, but it's like white people Reckoni know. It's like it's almost like I'm a secret.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: They're at the airport. They're not wilding, they're just walking up. I know who you are, your brother, Like, this is what I want to say about black people. That drives me nuts. I don't know if you go through this. I hate it when they try to summon you. Don't care, you'll commit.
Speaker 3: I'm walking this way.
Speaker 2: Let me just hurt around. They come back to you by Yeah, it's like that. You're like, bro, I'm not coming back to you.
Speaker 7: They have somebody just they don't even introduce themselves, but they just put you on a phone with their friend.
Speaker 2: You Like, how do you know how you want to introduce me to somebody? You ain't even introduced yourself to me. I don't even know you. Oh my god. Okay, what is your favorite town to perform at? Houston? Houston? That's why you moved there for Big Booty Girls. I did that. That was part of it. Okay, Yeah, but uh I know State Texas. Yeah, I've been there in a while. Okay, okay, yeah, Houston, I would say Houston, Houston. Yeah yeah, okay, Well it's a combo. They come out, so you sell a gang of tickets, you get a cross section of everybody. You got Latino, Asian, white, black, other, you get everybody, and they really come to laugh. And you know it's uh. It is a lot of a good looking people in Houston, and you want to you want a good looking crowd. You know, they get dressed nice, A lot of pretty women out there. You know, the duders like they got the ship together. It's just a dope. I mean, I don't know any comments. You don't like Houston. Not a stand up. That's why every tour goes through Houston. I love Houston. What about what about internationally? Have you done a lot of international shows. I just went to Australia last month for the first I went to New Zealand and Australia, which is I got some good weed, does it? I don't know. I was shocked that it was just white and Asian there. I didn't see a lot of Aborigines. Oh yeah, you say you're gonna take a picture. I got the Koala. We will we weren't, we weren't let it take a picture touched in the koala. That was against the rules. So they put us saying we got sound like a deserve a pools and it wasn't able to touching the koala. Yeah no, no, just I don't know what it is. I don't know what it is. They just said you can't touch them this and this area must where the animal sanctuary went to. But you know it's funny because again you I had six shells over there, and uh, by show five, I had it. I had the culture. I had jokes for the country and stuff. Did she put a shrimp on a Bobby didn't put? But like the first couple, I was like, you know, you're kind of like getting you know what I mean. And that's the good part about the again, the crowd work stuff. You're you're just talking to them, you know. But I had I knew before I went there. I had the show I was gonna talk about. I was talking about that break dancer at the Olympics, you know what I mean. Yeah, so that was that was easy because up the one that was sucking up like, oh yeah, yeah, there's no more break danceing Olympics because break dancing. Yeah, so literally like I had that. I grabbed the bat to hit him over the head winds. So there was like right then I had a rapport with him because I was like, oh, ship, he knows us. He did somebody follow you home from the bank in Houston? Yeah, I k but they didn't rob you. They robbed the car. They robbed the car. So what happened They followed you home? You went to the gym. So here's what happened. Yeah, I'm at I I I bank. I don't bank a Bank of America, yes, but I have an account at Bank of America. I've had it for like twenty years. And I was like, I'm literally driving my Bank of America and go wonder if I got any money in Bank Americ was gonna close my account? Because he's just sitting there right, you just I just pulled over. Stupid. I pulled over, not paying attention to what Bank of America I'm at? Right?
Speaker 4: And I go in.
Speaker 2: I said, hey, hey, do I got an a count? Gave my account number. They say, yeah, you got some money in there. It was it was a decent amount but not anything crazy, right, So I said, how do you want it? I said, what'sever? Quicker that you want to cashiers check or cash? I said, again, what's ever fastest I want to get out of here? So they gave me end up giving me cash. Look at the ones, call one. They give me cash and I literally I put it in my pocket and I leave the bank, I get my car. I'm just oblivious to anything. What it called juggin? Huh? Jugging in Houston. Yeah, it's a racket. So you got a guy, they might have a guy in the bank, or they got a guy parked near the bank and they're looking for basically a mark.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 2: I guess I looked like an easy cart. So I get I go to Thank God, I went to the gym and not home home. Yeah. So I go to this Lifetime Fitness in Missouri City, Texas. I park, I go in. I'm literally in there less than thirty minutes. All I did was sit in the sauna. You get a smoothie, and might have talked to people for five or ten minutes. That was it. I come out. There's a security guarding a golf cart. He's got like one leg off the Yeah, I got you. I was like, what, oh no, he's sorry. No, here's the bad part. Okay, he's the security for the park circling around. They they tried, they got some tool they used to break out your window, right, and I gotta had an Audi SA then things like a tank, you know what I mean. They couldn't get into the passenger side, so then they went back. All this is on video. The guy tried to get into the passenger side, couldn't get it, even though my windows are jacked up now, but he couldn't get in there. He got back in his car and parked at another part of the parking lot in lifetime, waited about five minutes, saw the golf cart come back around. Then he goes back and tried to get it again, and he ended up getting the past the driver's side back window. He got into there, and then he got in the car and he ended up getting the cash I had in the Bank of America envelope. But what got me was I was sitting there and I go, where were you? Like the security guard right and all the security garver was like man, you know, and I was driving around. I was like, And then when I saw the police set the footage, I went, oh, this wasn't quick. This was like ten minutes. This dude, I don't know where he was to join. Yeah, it could have been. But it got me because now I'm waiting on the tow truck. You know, the police come, they take the report and everything, and so I'm just kind of sitting away for the tow truck now and the guy in the golf cars. Now he's talking to me, right, and I go, hey, you should probably go on patrol because I've already been robbed. This is something else he rob But he kept telling me about all these other people that he stopped from getting wronged. Dude, I finally to dude, you think I want to hear this ship right now? I don't, you know, I can't lose having on my watch. No, I gets robbed on my watch.
Speaker 4: Well I did.
Speaker 2: Then, and that's when I found it was jugging. It ended up being like a white Chevy uh uh not a Yukon. H what do you call blake a blazer? The Chevy blazer. Chevy blazer. Yeah, it was a Chevy Blazer. It was white, and he clearly probably rented it, took the license plate off like this was this was a guy that does this for a living. So he got the money and then I've never seen a fact. The only silver lining is when you ate car assurance. Yeah, when I called my insurance, they was like they went through my account and they was like, yo, we'll combine your home with your car and you're gonna save like two or a month. I go, well, I'm going to get that money back about it? So it ended up working out. But I always think, like people are like, aren't you mad they never called him. I said, listen, this is what I know. That guy his life sucks if he's doing that for a living, and he's gonna get caught eventually. It might not be me, but somebody's going because they sent me. The cops sent me like these eight different dudes that they've caught recently jugging in Houston, and they're like, chances are you actually didn't see the guy, right, so it's like he was black. Okay was black, but now yeah, but they they sent me like these mug shots. He goes, we caught these guys h doing it all over this area. So they said, you know, we don't know who got you to go. Chances are it's one of these eight, you know what I mean? So that is what it is. And was your money is insured. Did you get that ship's gone? That ship's gone.
Speaker 7: They stole my bag in Atlanta and my ship wasn't sure so I actually got my ship back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're better your head in the bag. I had a.
Speaker 7: Rolex, I had a chain, or I had a bunch of ship. It was a crackhead like he this was like the luckiest crackhead e but like I swear to God, like we got an off films as well.
Speaker 2: Like we parked it. He literally just walked by and was like the bag. I was like, I was like, yo, this is this is either the luckiest order most accurate crackheads ever, like I put to God. Like he just walked by like like you ever see somebody don't don't care about life, And he just looked at the car. He had hit it one time, the whole ship and it was like five bags. He only took my bag. It was a boy bag. But life giving you checks and balances.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't leave anything in my car, not at all, not even especially in San Francisco. You've been in San Francisco. They don't even people leave their windows down in San Francisco now to let them know, like window r yeah, it's pointless.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 2: I was out there and I left the car charger there and they were like that call. I was like, what a fucking car charger is like? To break my windows for a car charger? I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 7: I never thought that cool? Moving on, boom, now we're gonna start drinking game. This is another thing that I happened to in common with you. I see Shannon Sharp. He tried to get you to drink that Kanyac so bad?
Speaker 8: Boy?
Speaker 2: Was you avoiding that ship? You don't drink Dirk liquors. I don't drink do look at either women's.
Speaker 7: Ar liquor like, let me yes, I like that. I do drink herbigie Japanese whiskey. But I don't consider that ark like I can considered that Japanese.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is. You don't know what Japanese whiskey is?
Speaker 3: Still dark liquor, buddy, all right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Talking to him, alright, so I consider it. I can see your Japanese. Where's where's uh fucking we got? The is the anything you want to take shots of? What you got?
Speaker 4: You got?
Speaker 1: Kevin Harpen said, I got Kevin Hart send this now showing up that you're waiting to man, did he Yes, thanks, that's for you, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifty supplied our champagne at the wedding. Oh yeah, fifty, shout Ranson, because I go a lot like.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm forty eight. I'll be forty nine, uh next month. And I've always heard that, you know, you guys always look at like you got you. You know, y'all all looking like y'all looking like But is the first time, in all due respect, you do like Tommy from Yeah, definitely older brother.
Speaker 2: How many times do you get caught Tommy from We became friends over that over there because he gotta stop like yo, you the Black Church joke you liked?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: So he got stopped people thinking he's funny. I get stopped thinking I'm Tommy. We start missing each other. Then you know, eventually he staged funner. We got real cool over that. Now you gotta make a movie. Hey, I me be telling it the all time, Timmy and Tommy. Now hold on now now, right, world, is this a comedy or this is a comedy action comedy, comedy drama. It could be like bad Boys like boy, yeah, the White Boys, Yeah, the White Boys that's like missing bos. You don't see like a lot of white people remaking black movies.
Speaker 4: World.
Speaker 2: You can do Cheff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, tem Me gave me the best like advice. While I was getting a divorce, he asked me, and we was in the elevator one day, maybe how's your wife doing?
Speaker 2: What's going on? And I said he was working on huh?
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: You just do me the allue? Why that was the alue you do at me? I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: So he asked me how my wife was doing. I was like, man, we getting divorced. Man, I have messed around and married a croopie.
Speaker 7: And he said, hey Jack, you said you messed around and married a group Yeah, married a coppie.
Speaker 1: And then he put his hand on my shoulder and he said, hey Jack, she got to be who she gonna be, and you gotta be where you're gonna be.
Speaker 4: Took me deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's deep. Yeah that really helped me out, man, because I was going through it. Bro. You know, it's funny like when people say like that to me, Like I think it was Anthony Anderson said when all those guys had called there during the divorce, and I'm like, you know, blah blah blah. You're worried about California and the money and stuff. He goes, Look, your talent is not can allow you to go broke. I just know that. That's why I was confident.
Speaker 7: This is as a Compton guy who from his golf swing there's no comptent in.
Speaker 2: Presence seen him swing golf. He is serious. Him and Chris pinsa if you play golf now, my now my opener. His name is Trobut of Pittsburgh. He just won Cedric's golf thing yesterday. Oh yeah, he I got him, I called said, as said my opener. He's like that on the golf course. He always even trying to pay golf. And I just I don't have the patience two holes. I'm out, yeah, habits, but I don't let him play in his golf thing. And all those guys are Anthony Chris and they they serious. They was like you like, they's like, why ain't he tell your boy was like that? I go I did.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 2: He comes and around and wins from the bat. Yes, he's always getting trying to get me to play golf always. You know, fifty was supposed to officiate my wedding. What is officiate me like, like, do you take her to be your wife? Wait? Hold on, he could do that. Yeah, Anna do is go on line and get your certification. That's easy. Stuff like that. Well, he was going to officiate it, and then so Kevin was gonna officiate it, right, and then literally the four days for the wedding, he was like, you know the they were shooting one of the one of the one of the one of his series and he was in New Jersey and the weather was going to be bad, and he was like, I want to give you heads up now, so it's not the day of and you're scrambling. So it was funny. Who I called? I called, I called Tommy. I called Joseph cour First I was like, yo, fIF you can't do it. You think you can do it? Tommy? He goes, God damn it. He was filming something. He couldn't do it. And then I called o Jo sinko.
Speaker 1: Cha cha?
Speaker 2: When I only did Chad. I texted him I said, hey, can you hit me up as I got to ask you something and then he uh he called me back so fast? Yeah yeah, And I said I told the whole story. He goes, yeah, yeah, he goes, fucking man, I'll do it. He came down two days notice I was down there. Took care of it any a good job. He messed up, which was great. I said, don't overplan it. I want you to mess up. I want to have fun with this. So she had up officiating it because we got that Cincinnati connection.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, that's right, that's right. Can I ask you a personal question? No ahead, how much you paid for your wedding? It was so beautiful and laid out. I'll talk about that. Yeah, I don't want to talk about that a lot, but I'll say Kevin's wedding gift. Help off set it. I'll put it like that.
Speaker 7: So you know, what's the thing about you, I'll relate to you. Someone asked you, no, this is this guy. Someone asked you like this, like in the middle of your divorce, like when you was going through it. I watched you on Share the shop and everything, and someone asked you, will you get married again?
Speaker 2: And you said it so fast it was like yep. And I was just like, like, like you believe in love? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I gotta find the right person. But you know the first one I think she realizes it now like it had been over. It had been over for years, and we were just kind of staying in for the kids, staying in it for the It was. It's easy, you can, especially as a comedian, we can compartmentalize things because I could be on the road doing my thing, come home and you know, we're not being a husband and wife. We're just basically roommates. So but yeah, so I kind of knew it was. It was done years before everybody else knew. You know how who officiated your first wedding? Guy named Melvin Melvin in Mary Ups. Yeah, you know Melvin Man got you know, Melvin with the first one. The first wedding was that was we should have known the first wedding because the preacher walked out, Oh yeah, your wife came late. Yeah, it's don't doing start on time, not knowing he double booked. He had another wedding that clearly was one him. I always wanted to ask you that did I don't know he got double paid. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he messed up because one of my groom's men father was a preacher and he was in that church community. So I think he called and called him on it. Okay, So I think we ended up not paying them them okay, so uh he walked out and then the bakery dropped our cake. Oh yeah, they went right out and the lady slipped and then we had like a five tair cake. So four tears just fell on the dance floor.
Speaker 5: So who those all real cakes that be stacked up.
Speaker 2: The first one? Yeah, yeah, yeah. So we don't know this is happening. We're waiting to get introduced. So and I had to wait out here behind this door, like what is going on? And they're they're a sorry, sorry, I thought somebody was sick or something, and we don't realize. We walked out and I looked over. I think that cake was just the sheep next right, and then my stepdad sucker punched.
Speaker 7: My real dad because I heard that. They said there's somebody fighting. As soon as they said somebody was fight, you said, you immediately knew who they were?
Speaker 2: Who was I knew it wasn't down in my mind, I wasn't in the room. I literally grabbed my my brother and we was like, I said, you can get a drink. So the bar was in this other room, so me and heim releg is sitting at the bar bs and and I just here. There was a fight, and I went, fuck, I know it's my stepdad. So I walked out there and at that point it's breaking up and he's but that's when I saw another side of my wife too, my ex wife. I'm sorry he was. They were dragging him out the reception. Who'll say him who stepped there? Dragging him out? And then he goes and she kind of smacked him on the shoulder. She goes, why would you do that at the wedding? And he was like, no, can't you understand? She goes, no, you don't stand motherfucker. You ain't in Cincinnati. You in Oakland, now, bitch, who the fuck are you? That's when it was scared to get a divorce. She was in there and she's from Oakland. Skyline Yeah, okay, Well she go up in the Acorn. That's the ghetto, like she's in it. She was putting the black panthers. Wow, Dad, Like was Hughey Newton's guy? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was Yeah, I went black black, dude, we're gonna talk about that. We don't talk about that quick time.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's go, so drink or whatever you're gonna drink is fine. This is our drinking game. We're gonna give you two choices.
Speaker 2: Is Belvedere We heard you like Belvedere shot? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you could do. You can mix it if you want to small. Make sure we give kill that we got yeah kill? What's it is called grand Cormino?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 4: You go on him?
Speaker 11: You want his tequila and drink so on him too. I think I think tequila is easier because you're a healthy guy. I could tell you what if we're drinking on you? Okay, The game is that we can give you two choices. You pick one of the choices. We nobody drinks, got that.
Speaker 2: Pick one of the choices. One of the choices.
Speaker 3: If you say both or neither, like you really don't want to answer, you don't want to give it a pick, then we all drink here.
Speaker 2: So if I say both or neither, we all got to drink. If I actually pick, so is it? Hold on? It's just like just know that when you're in prison, you want to I don't want to sound like what you're doing.
Speaker 6: Looks like we're getting drunk here, you got truthfully, we're bringing up names and places.
Speaker 2: We want you to bring up stories.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is man, you got your shot. You at keep it quiet about that. Seriously he've been thinking about because you've been thinking.
Speaker 1: Like a long time get away with stuff like that prison in prison. You could still be gay in prison and be white and nobody want to say ship.
Speaker 2: But if you are glad, how would you know that?
Speaker 5: Like, how would you know that?
Speaker 3: Let's get Jack a shot too.
Speaker 2: I'm wrong worried about this game. So if I pick one, we're not drinking. Yeah, if you pick one of the of the two choices, okay, and then.
Speaker 3: You can and it's whatever. We just want some joggedy stories.
Speaker 2: Worried about this. The first one is.
Speaker 3: Tworking her hand jobs in prison.
Speaker 4: It's just.
Speaker 2: From I only see what you're girl, seating on you. Come on, let's figure just girls. Not answer girl, I'm just out.
Speaker 3: Richard pryor Eddie Murphy and it's whatever criteria that you have. I was like immunity either when you go Eddie Murphy, okay, uh and you can say what.
Speaker 2: If you want let me That was Richie Proger, Like I don't know.
Speaker 7: We was playing around about the jokes about the jail and ship. But did you ever realize.
Speaker 4: You're not?
Speaker 2: You ever realized Richard Prior admitted the suck of the deck. That's why I make that. And nobody don't like he's Richard Riyan is so cool. Everybody trying to kind of ignore that ship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, you ain't never know who's skinned, bro, it's skinned, all right?
Speaker 2: All right, you bro? Next Andy Murphy because he's more in my era, and and people don't realize he really he's only got two specials, right, but those special and people don't realize like he was in his early twenties when he did that, Like most guys in the early twenties are garbage or their content is just like, yeah, it's simple and one of it. I don't know if it's Eddie Murphy. I don't know if he's a raw or delirious. But the closing joke was about the mom making a hamburger and the skillet with the peppers in it. That was just closure on your closer. Is something raw sexually related? Something like that?
Speaker 5: I go.
Speaker 2: His last joke was about cooking a hamburger your mom unbelievable, unbelievble, I would say, Eddie Murphy, and you could ever look at ice cream the same. I got my ice cream every time I see ice cream. Show about that, I think I had. I had a guy in Pittsburgh over enough for me, and I'm not listening to his act really, but I put my head out one night and I'm listening to him. He was doing that joke and I go, oh, no, you're doing it. I understand if you're taking somebody else's joke. You took that tree joke. Yeah, It's like, oh my god. And then but he didn't know an agreement. I said, bro, what are you doing? I said, you know it's Eddie Murphys joke? Right?
Speaker 12: He no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, stop, you know. So I had to get I had to get rid of him. I told the club he can't work with me. Did someone still your joke?
Speaker 7: When because you don't say the in worse, you have some more under percent, you have somebody to come on the stage and say the in work for you.
Speaker 2: Who was it was? It was a sketch on on Showtime called Chalking Sundays on show Time, right, But who was the guy that you had to say the N word? It was a guy named Michael White. Okay, the joke originated with me in d Ray. That's when I was looking. So what happened was I had this had this closer where I was like, white people can't say the M ware. But I figured it out. Just hang out with the black guy and he'll say it for you. And I've seen different iterations of it on social media right right, But I was I'd bring a guy on stage and then I'd say, I go, you know, fuck you, and he would say the N word right and we'd build a crescendo. How it started was I was at the Improv on Monday and on Monday that was the Urban Night Right and Deray was hosting, and I got a heckler. Me and him were going back and forth. He was having a good time, and then I go, Man, if I was black, I'd call you the N word right now, but I'm not allowed. No crowds like no, you could say no, I can't, and uh, dire goes, I'll say it for you. So then d Ray came on stage and we got the video. It's grainy as shit and it's from like two thousand and eight or something like that, and uh, he came up and he said it, and then we did a tour in twenty eleven together, so we were doing that joke all over the country.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So then like twenty twelve or thirteen, this show on Show Tame came out and I'm watching it and I'm going, wait a minute, they made it a sketch, right, Okay. So I called one of the producers of the show and I said, hey, nothing we can do. I ain't about to sue or nothing like that. I go, but who said they wrote that joke? I'm just curious. I said, So I'm not attacking somebody else. And they was like, they couldn't tell me. We have a think tank and guys come in and I go, all right, you're telling me right now, somebody took it because you can't tell me who wrote the joke. You have writers for a sketch show. It wasn't a stand up show. So I've never been one who accused people of stealing something because our minds work alike. That was so blatant, the timing of it. It was like a year after I did it, I go, it's on my special. Yeah you know what I mean. So, yeah, they definitely took it. Was that the first time someone STOLEIO material. No, I'm sure that it's happened, you know what I mean. But you know, I don't really, like I said, I'm not going to just out and out say you stole it week. I mean, our minds think like I mean, deal. Hughgley had the exact same joke one time, and we was down in Miami at the James All Night Center and I saw him. I saw him at dinner after the show and I said, hey, da, you know, did you see the crowd go blank? One time? They went Dad? He goes yeah, I go, yeah, we got the exact same joke, and he didn't watch me, and it was it was it was right when Lebron left Cleveland to go to Miami. It was like yeah, And I said, I don't know why people were shocked. I was like, I've been to Cleveland, I've been to Miami. I go. It's not a hard decision. It's like asking somebody who you want to fuck, Beyonce or Precious, easy choice, right. The fact that we both picked Beyonce and Precious and both because we were in Miami. That's what we told the joke and Lebron just got there so I was like, I said, what the chance that we picked and precious just came out? You got to realize our minds were working alike in that that sequence. So he knew that. He knew I didn't steal it, and I went up to him. I was like, damn, we got the exact same joke, bro.
Speaker 7: So besides the quick time beside, has anybody ever accused you of that?
Speaker 2: Uh? One time earlier in my career, somebody did and it was it was so ridiculous, and they they basically said they didn't accuse me. Their homeboy said I stole a joke. And basically it was I brought somebody on stage and he brings some do on stage in his act.
Speaker 3: That's the gist of it. Bringing someone on stage was the active city. And they said, Gary's doing what you do.
Speaker 2: And he pulled me aside outside of the one of the comedy clubs and I this is early. This is like ninety seven, ninety eight something like that, And I was like what, And it was that you took his shit? Man, I go, what are you talking about? And his act is completely different than mine if you saw her, and then when he goes, he goes it didn't sound right to me Gary the comedian, because he ain't like that. I said, what are you talking right now? Is his boy's like, you brought someone else stage? I say, you know, he brings somebody on stage. I go, are you serious right now? I'm not allowed to bring my own stage because he brings someone on stage every night. And one night I don't know what the joke was or what I was doing with this person, but they came on stage. I don't know what it was. But that's been the only time somebody said that to me. I remember one of the.
Speaker 7: First times I found out that Joe Rogan was a comedian, was I believe he stepped to Calo min Yeah, and ruin Carson his career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So was that over a stolen joke? Was that over his stolen for years of stealing? Can you explain to me, like like like, so, so, what happens you? So Carlosmancy had a bad rep of stealing people's material, and it was like lat in it.
Speaker 7: He wasn't even like like like trying to hide it, right. It was like literally he'd have an opener and then he'd take the next week he'd be doing some of his opener's jokes, or he'd be at the comedy store and he takes some ship, right and everybody knew it, but everybody was scared to say anything because.
Speaker 2: He was like like right Latino at that time. Yeah, and he was like selling the most tickets at that like George Lopez did. Yeah, he was like and nobody wanted to cross them, and Joe just was like got sick of it. Well he's a usc fighter, so yeah, yeah, yeah, but Joe was like he called him out and then I never in my life seeing somebody's career careers go like, yeah, that's crazy. That was wild, all right, because and you can do a roker. But Carlos never really recovered from that whatever, because he really was still in the material. He really like, well he was accused of what was actually true, really was And he's done interviews and he's never just said I don't steal. He's always like beat around the bush. You're like, well, no comedy subjective and you might say the same word or an inflection. I go, dude, did you steal or not? You know what I mean? That's like Kelly No, he's answering, like the guys on the first forty eight you know what do you know? Charles Charles, no, no, no, remember. Kelly d was like, so how young are you talking about? How He's like, do you get the teenage girls? So when you say teenager, what do you mean a teen?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But go ahead, yeah yeah, go thank you. It was misunderstood because he was talking about.
Speaker 5: Nineteen year olds and he get out on the first to next year too.
Speaker 2: Man free Kelly Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Martin Lawrence and Chris Rock Who Martin Lawrence and Chris Rock Martin Lawrence Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't think his when he hosted Deaf Jam. I don't think he's ever been a better host of the show those Deaf Jam days. I agree with you. It literally like I was in high school when Dead Jem came out, and I know I wanted to be a comedian, but I've never been on stage. But when I saw that type of reaction, I was like, I want that shit. I don't want any of the improv. And it also, Deaf Jam gave me an insight into black culture I didn't have, and how the media can portray people in a way that it's not really them. Because you remember at the time, Derek Coleman was with Syracuse and then in the NBA he was with the Pistons, and I think it was the Pistons at that time.
Speaker 7: Derek Coleman used to play for the Nets as well with Kenny Anderson Cason.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the media had him as this mean guy, never smiled, never laughed, don't cross them. They like he's an asshole, right, And then I saw Martin talking about him on Deft Him and I was like, Oh, he's gonna go up there and beat the ship out of Martin. And then when I saw him laughing hitting the guys next to him, I was like, wait a minute. I've never seen him portray like that on ESPN like blul maya. Oh okay, I got I gotta realize. I gotta start looking people who they are and not listening to what the media is saying.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, Chappelle or sein Fell Chappelle, that's easy, Shane Gillis or Andrew Schultz?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow, why don't want to crime? Yeah, we're gonna have to drink on that one. Guys got that one.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you, I'll tell you why we why we talking about Andrew Schultz one of the funniest uh shits I've ever seen on on on the internet is when Andrew give give him shots. Yeah where Andrew asks you? He said, he said, how how long you been married? And then you, oh, sixty years? But how long you've been loyal?
Speaker 2: And you just choked.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it was it was like, did not want to lie. My body told me. That was on the Charlemagne and Andrews.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This was before they were in their new studio and stuff. It was like the blew Or were used to sold out the Masters Square Garden. Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is beforehand. I just remember they were talking and they weren't even talking to me at this point. I don't even know if I had been introduced as the guest. This is them, you guys talking for right. He goes, I'm getting back to cheating this year, Charlamagne, that's my goal. And trumans like Nahn Gallant even married sixteen years and I'm literally taking a sip of my latte and he wasn't even in faith. I was like, I didn't mean, I just meant the answer, And it was funny when that came out. I was like, I hope my wife don't see this ship. She never saw it. But then when that god damn divorce happened, that clip went nuts again, right, it went everywhere. But then my ex saw it. She finally saw it. She goes, when did this ship happened? Like two, I'm sixteen? And then I remember we ended up settling out of court, but we were on mediation and it came up in mediation. Get the funk out of it. Even though Ohio's and no faults state, you can fucking around the planet doesn't matter. But she was like, I saw the girl. I saw the interview. I saw that. I was like, I was like, day, how you're going to bring that up? I got the mediation ship. But you know how many other people use that clip for other things, like like they'll be like, uh, well, I thought you was at Tommy's house or something, and you know a gift like yeah, get quite a lot. They keep doing it. They're doing you. So I don't know. I don't don't know that. You guys know Max Crosby for the Raiders, Okay, the defensive ENDX Crosby. He's the white guy that's like hip with the Brothers, right, He's one of the best defense in NFL. I started following him on Instagram and like, within thirty seconds, he's leaving me a voice DM. He goes, bro, thanks for the follow you a legend in this game.
Speaker 3: He goes man the funniest ship, and he was doing the voice ship, he showed.
Speaker 2: Something that's the funniest That's what got you life. Now you know what it is. It was like, even if you wanted to lie, it was like it was not Will Ferrell or Jim Carrey. That was good Will Ferrell.
Speaker 7: You know why I'm with you on that because I like Jim Carrey, right, but I'm not sure how much I like woke Jim Carrey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little too woke lately. Well also Will like botox and all that is fucking with him. Well, Will also carry I'm talking about. It's the you know, the outtakes. Like now we don't have DVDs anymore, but man, when you you I remember when I bought the Talladega Knights movie. Oh yeah, and the outtakes was firing that movie. Yeah, you're like, oh he's now. Now when I'm watching his movies, I'm like, he's making that up. He making that up? WI commercial? Huh he WI commercial no, I'm thinking he's making that wasn't in the scroll, was making that ship up, you know so. And then also thinking of if you ask you right now, if my agent calls like, hey we got a movie with Will Ferrell, we got to move with Jim Carrey bick one. I picked Will fall right now. This is no district Jim Carrey, but picked Will because I'd like to go head up with him on some ad libs and stuff like that on the set.
Speaker 7: How about Larry David. You haven't met Larry. Haven't met Larry David? Okay, Wow, I have met him. That's like one of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to work with him. I wouldn't want to meet him.
Speaker 7: You wouldn't like you haven't met somebody that and you was totally disappointed by him.
Speaker 2: A couple of times. And a lot in our business is athletes that I mean, I was like, oh, man, like that. I was really this morning. A couple of them, all right, I got to.
Speaker 3: Say that we don't write these the guy Republican one of them can't speak English. That well, that's right. He wrote Kevin Williams or Kevin Hart, And I'm like, Kevin william Kat, I'm like Kevin Williams, So Kat Williams or Kevin Hart.
Speaker 2: We're drinking, we're drinking. Did you see did you see Kevin's drink? Drink drink, come on drinking Kems movie. Oh my god, let me tell you something. Cheers, Thank you keV. That movie to me, I don't know if keV wrote it or had anything to do with it, but listen to me.
Speaker 7: He hit how old like older people don't think that we we're older and think that we can hang out with these young people.
Speaker 2: And I promise you I watched that shaid three times. I want that.
Speaker 3: It's really really good. It's really really.
Speaker 2: Dope, and it's a thing like a man crew too well produced story direct I didn't know that story directly.
Speaker 3: That's the seventy two hours.
Speaker 2: To Marcelo from Miami, that sh it is so and I like.
Speaker 7: I like the fact that you know me living in Miami for the last seventeen years, me born and raised from New York. I hate when they like they do a movie like about New York and they filming in Canada, or they do a movie they came they filmed that in Miami.
Speaker 2: I can fail woden Wood. I can smell when wood when it was dropping through. You know what I mean? The next one.
Speaker 3: I gotta read these carefully because these motherfuckers be sucking it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They put Michael Jordan, Michael B. Jordan, he puts.
Speaker 3: He put Jamie Bear, Mike Epps. No, it's Jamie fox Man, wrong, Animalie.
Speaker 2: That's easy. Jamie fox I think he's the most talented on earth, right. He can do everything. He can sing, he can act, he's funny impersonations, and when you're in the room with him, he's another one. When I was talking about Chappelle and Kevin, he's got it. He makes you feel like you're the only one in the room. Man, and which in your first movie. Put me on my first movie, which was Dope. How he did it because I'm out here in La just trying to make it. You know, stand up, I got no TV credits. I'm just out there. He saw me on stage at the comedy store one night, and then afterwards he was like, Yo, I got this. I was here through the grapevine. He was getting ready to this movie, right, and then Jae was like he kept having his boys come pick me up and hang out with him, so that whole summer ninety eight was like, it's one of the best summers of my life because the best of them was my life. Yes, yeah's continue hanging with Fox the whole summer. And then I get the hosting job on BT and then Jane white Man and the hostel BT. Right, yeah, no, we can go more. I'm the only white on air personality ever in that network. Got the show.
Speaker 3: Yellity Show, Yes.
Speaker 2: And then you know, and then uh so Jamie, we got the fun Up and the God Yo Kareem whoever the fuck is on Bluetooth? Oh okay, go ahead, Yeah that was the white guys like this, We've only taken two shots, should be yeah, all right, next that's summer ate. Like so he he gets me audition for the movie. It was kind of like, come to find out was mine to lose? I had to fuck it up, but I was so overly prepared for this audition. And then uh he he finally told me we got to Canada. It goes back to what you say in the movie is supposed to play in Arizona. We filmed it in Canada. They built a desert out there.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 3: And then he built a desert.
Speaker 2: He built like a little desert.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the on one spot. So he, uh, Jamie goes, yeah, he goes, dude, I just had to. I had to hang out with you to make sure he was cool because I knew if you was in this movie with me, uh, we're gonna be together for two months, and we'd have been on nowhere. So I was hanging with them, right, And here's a wild story about that movie. Nobody knows we were. We were out one night. We were working six days a week, Monday through Saturday. Only off day was Sunday. There was one club we was in Saskatchewan, Canada, Regina. It's called right Regina.
Speaker 4: G I n A.
Speaker 2: And when I got there, I thought it was Regina and they will correct you quick, they will. It's Regina. Right. One club is called city Lights. All of a sudden, one of the guys on the Saskatchewan rough Riders, the CFL team, they accused Jamie of sleeping with his girl or his wife. Rightie, Yo, Jamie, Jamie, Jamie's that dude when it comes to women. Right Jamie was like, Yo, I don't. I don't fuck people's wives though I don't roll like that. Right. So the dude, we're at this nightclub. And the dude right like kind of pressed Jamie.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: He was like, yo, I hope you finish your movie. And then I was like he was a big dude, like some linebackers held up. This is held up okay, and then uh, I just remember it got a little tense, motherfucker. I saw the boom operator got a hold of the mic like this. He was an old white dude. He had a shout of whiskey because the whole crew and cast was hanging out. There's only one bar right like this, he put his whiskey glass over here, poured it out like this. Right, the whiskey came out and he cuffed it and he had it right hair in his hand and he pivoted like this. He was waiting for that football player to make a move on Jamie and he was about to come over the top like bamn. I was like, yo, Jamie, did you see the fucking boom operator? Get the guy? And Jamie was walking back to the hotels and Jamie, that's what Jamie was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I don't even know that dude. What girl he's talking about?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: But I was just like, no, funk all that. Did you see the boom operator That motherfucker pivoted and he's been in some fights before.
Speaker 7: I'm want to ask you so for the men out of the question, the boom operato complexion was he.
Speaker 2: Was white, so white white, Yo, he was ready, he had I said, dude, that dude head, you're back, Like I'm watching the whole thing because I'm on, I'm on, I'm like twenty four we shot this movie. So I'm over here talking to all these girls and stuff like that. Jamie's the best wingman ever. Like Jamie will send us to Yo, this is my boy Gary. He's the next thing to blow up. Blah blah blah. Girls Like really, you're the next day. That's what Jamie said.
Speaker 3: Lay it out here, you go kill the uh, Chris Tucker, Eddie Griffin.
Speaker 2: This is stand up right, whatever in your mind, whatever in your you want, I honestly, I gotta go. Chris Tucker, Friday, Trump's just about everything, just about everything, all right.
Speaker 3: Steve Martin or Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Marcello Hernandez or Fernando as that I.
Speaker 2: Saw, I don't know of those guys.
Speaker 3: Take a shot Marcelo is the one that's in the movie with Okay, marcella guy. Yeah, the other guy, I'm not too familiar with him. Okay, so we'll go Marcelo. Okay, one. They might have just made the other guy up.
Speaker 2: And I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Fernando, you know Fernando, you know this person? Well, Fernando, Man, sure we go. Sorry, man, I don't know what respect either man with him in Living Color Matt TV and Living Color. That's he who wrote that?
Speaker 2: Is that one of the minnicils of Columbia was that was even close? He goes, I dropped that. Indeed, that would even close?
Speaker 3: Easy, That was the easiest one of the day. Right along and get.
Speaker 2: Hard, right along. I'm in that one.
Speaker 3: Let's come out, Bernie mac or Robin Harris. Bernie Mack says to the entertainer dial Hughley.
Speaker 2: What to go with foking comedy? I know, oh man, we got drinking in. Okay, let's do it. We gotta drinking in. Let's do this. Cheers, cheers, cheers. Can you see me? Man? Oh yeah, I see you, babe, Yes, yeah, good? All right. But when I said Bernie, go ahead, as the first guy I saw live at a theater. Guy Tori took me. It was probably late nineties. Guide Toy took me to the Universal Amphitheater. It's a different now, but he took me to see Bernie. And I've told this story numerous times on other podcasts and stuff. But we went backstage after the show, and so we're sitting there and I'm in the corner and you're just seeing Comedy Royalty walk through, like Chris Rock and all these people are coming through because it was before Kings of Comedy. But Bernie was the guy, right, So I'm watching, But there's a couple of comics in the hospitality slash backstage that's being kind of loud, like it was getting out of hand, honestly, and I saw Bernie getting kind of fed up with it. Right, they're trying to be funny stuff like that, Bernie form Chicago, correct, Yeah, Chicago. But also there's a time nobody wants to be somebody that's just loud and thenoxious all the time. You don't want to be the guy you're on stage. You don't want if you don't want that guy to be off stage, right, So Bird was getting kind of fed up, and I could tell, and I'm just I'm a fly on the wall. I'm in the corner and there was this bull of eminem's and I'm just eating these eminems, just watching everybody walk through, right, And then I saw Bernie getting his security's ear and was like, and he was basically like trying to get people out of there that was being obnoxious, right, respectful, but being discreet about it. So the security guard just start thinning the herd. You get out of here, you get out of here, you get out of here, right, And now it's everybody's chill. And all of a sudden, I saw Bernie look at me and straight eye contact, and I got these m and ms in my hand. I go all fuck or these his eminem's. So I'm like this, I'm putting them back into the ball, like I don't even eat your ship. But he just looked at me and they just kept it moving, like, but I could tell when he scanned the room, he goes, I don't know him, but he's not being obnoxious, so maybe he is somebody or I don't know who he is. And guy had introduced me to him yet, right, So I just put the bowl. I put them in his back of the boat. But it also was like it hit me that damn still God, I went there. Back stations hit me. I was like, oh, fall back when it's your time, it's your time. You don't have to like announce. And it's such a weird thing when people say, hey, this is my friend Gary, he's a comedian. If you don't know me, I don't know how to I don't know how to take you to yourself. Yeah, I don't remember that. Hey, how's it going? You know what I mean? So I was like a guy introduced me. Bertie was cool. But that's why I was like, I'm s so gud. I was there that night to see it happened, because I know how to helped me how to work a room in LA when I'm there, patrisse Onia or Charlie Murphy stand up Patrise, Patrise yeaes stand up Patrise, But damn comedy Charlie, Charlie, Charlie stories off stage. There's nobody better than Charlie Murphy telling stories like this this setting. There's nobody better Charlie Murphy. I hired Charlie Murphy to do a video for me. I don't know. He did a video for me, But I really hied him to speak. I just want to.
Speaker 7: Like and I swould have got like I must have asked him every fucking thing about like you know, because this is Whinster Per show was like lit, so I must have asked him. But like like I said, I hired him to uh do five fingers to the face smack, and but then it was just like once they'll cut. I was just like I just soaked up all like yo. It was was was Prince really like that. Christy really played ball. I was like, come on, Charlie man, because Charlie would tell stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like Charlie was my spirit animal for like two cities. I went to he checks somebody that I wanted to check, right, So we were I was in Birmingham, Alabama. So We're gonna go Patrise on this. But I'm gonna tell the Charlie murphysto. Okay, come just helf stand up. But they told me before I got there, they said, Yo, this radio host, he's a shock jock. He likes to like attack your worst ship or whatever. He's that's his thing to act like you ain't shit right. So I knew that going in, so I go in and the guy immediately goes, so, Gary, where do people know you from? And this is before I think, like a man, this is like twenty ten or nine, and I said, well, I've been in Daddy Daycare. He goes, yeah, like anybody saw that. And I was like, man, I was like the biggest movie I've ended at that point, like a hundred million like this, but not daddy Daycare. Yeah, I saw that. I was like, So anyways, I end up getting to the Navy right, and we're on our way home and then the guy that worked at the comedy club he starts opening up. He goes, all right, let me tell you something. Charlie Murphy came last month and that same DJ tried to bring up Eddie Murphy and Charlie goes, Yo, my brother's name comes out your mouth one more time, I'm gonna I get teed down your throat. And you know, Charlie had all them teeth right, He goes, when you're saying, DJ to mother God that's doing the musical. So he was like he tried to say something about Eddie and then Charlie checked him. He goes, if you bring if my brother's name comes out your mouth one more time. I'm mean, I cant see down your throat and he just smiled and goes, no, no, no, and Charlie goes one more time, tea down your throat. He said, the guy you never said Eddie Murphy the whole interview. And then Charlie just sitting there like he said, dude, he smiled the whole interview. He goes, but you just felt like he was waiting for him to say, Eddie Murphy. He goes one more time, teat down your throat and then so that I was like, oh, and then we were I was in Pittsburgh and the GM that we can was just being a dick to me all weekend. I can't explain it. I don't know why. He was just being a dick. And I left there going, yeah, that guy's a fucking asshole. At the Pittsburgh Improv at the time, and they said again, when you start telling people your story, then people tell you other stories. They said, yo, Charlie Murphy checked him so hard. I said, what do you mean. They go Charlie Murth who was in the green room. He was smoking weed in the green room, and the manager at the time was like, yo, this is no smoking. Can't smoke it here, And Charlie Murphy looked down and goes, huh. He goes, you can't smoke it here, and they said Charlie opened the green room door where you see the improv and it sold out. He goes, I you got two choices. I can stop smoking. I'm gonna leave there's no show, or you can shut the fuck up get in my green room, or we're gonna have a great show tonight. And the guy goes, He goes, I'll go shut the fuck up. You know, it's probably just said everything I wanted to say to these people. You know what I mean. Piece, We're almost done with this. We've onn have three shots, right Drew Ski or Dozzy Banks? And I hate I would say a drink, but I think Drew skis the goat right now. Sketchy, I seen you the other day at the rooftop. I was on the phone and he was on the phone.
Speaker 7: I didn't get a chance, but Drew Ski, you are the Instagram sketch comedy young gentermen on Instagram did on BT Awards was phenomenal. He actually watched the sketch skets more than I actually watched.
Speaker 2: The awards, the sketches I was looking forard to Yeah, he's that guy right now, because you even when you see him come across your feed, you know he's about to deliver something super committed, Like it's not just he's pushing the envelope and he's he's really like like he's like, that's really how a lot of people look at you. But we looked at black preachers like that. We really looked at Charlie Kirk's wife like that. And the cool white boy, the cool white boy.
Speaker 4: Like that.
Speaker 2: He remember the white guy that he played, That white guy had rhythm like.
Speaker 7: There's always like like, as as a person that's accepted in the black community that's white, did you see that cat? Just be honest with us, be honest with us, did you see Because there were certain people I believe Jake Paul.
Speaker 2: I believe Jake Paull was like, man, if he could do white face, because I could do black face. We're like, Jay Paul, listen back, like black face is a little different, a lot different. This is a lot different.
Speaker 1: This is ship.
Speaker 2: But as a as a as a as a white person who was accepted in the black community, did you see that sketch and did what did you think when you saw that sketch? Talk about that brilliant? Brilliant. You gotta here's the thing. You can't just throw on a white face. I like, I remember take white People, but it was so fucking accurate, very big, you know what I mean. It's still there, Jacob Jacobaul just can't say when we do black face and do something funny, I'm like, you're not comedian because you can. You can get away with a lot of ship if it's funny. She was funny, Robert Downey Jr. And Tropic Thunder was funny. Funny, bro That's how I got away with it was funny one point Robert on Tropic I forgot that was Robert. I'm thought it was some seconds. I ain't look like you right now. Growing up listen, growing up in Ohio in a trailer park where you know it was you know, broken home. You know it was a NASCAR watching drinking The NASCAR one hit home me so hard because I get his inflections. Okay, the way he talked about his hand, get over here, take him over here, and I was like this, I was like that exactly how they talked when I growing up. It was so accurate. I was like, I mean, just yeah, and this is no districted Daisy Banks. But she's the guy like when he comes across the feed, like there's a new skets because he doesn't do it a lot. It's like one every two months, you know, a lot. And then there could have been records, could have been record records.
Speaker 1: Is it really not?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Really they're gonna get discovered. Drink Drink Drink Champson inspired one of his kids.
Speaker 1: Well remember the last episode with t K, right when we were talking about Joe Jackson having his own bio pic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think that inspired who told me?
Speaker 4: You did?
Speaker 2: When we said that having t K was like, man, that's a stupid ass. I did, Drew he did the skid off with Drink Champions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you and your wife going at each other to get the voice papers.
Speaker 2: That is a skit, Like a motherfucker. I think, I think, I think that's that's a good thing about comedy, right y'all?
Speaker 7: Avoiding that and I forgot which other sketches that uh even even even redoing the sketch of the guy that sat in v IP and the people was.
Speaker 2: Coming over there. You thought that like they was trying to fight him or something, But which was he didn't drink And are you talking about the clip?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and the guy on the security guards, he take it all out in VIP And that was wout how that happened because the I really didn't know what was going on. I was trying to do my act and there was so much commotion in the front row. Come to find out, that clip I got over one hundred million on all social media platforms, right, and so it just went nuts. It's rare you post something and hits everywhere. Hit on Facebook and on Twitter, hit'll TikTok, hit everywhere. But the story was the guy bought VIP tickets in the front row. It's a two drink minimum. He didn't drink, so he goes, I just want water and I don't know if he ordered bottle water or tap water. He goes, I don't drink and it's like, you gotta order something. He wouldn't eat neither. It was like, look, you gotta order something. So that was the discussion. I don't know. I just ended up imitating everything in real time. But that was so funny. I didn't realize it was gonna hit like that that shit. That show was in February. We didn't post it until July. It had been sitting in my guys, my my guy's my team here, the guys that edit all my clips. I remember he called me. He goes, Yo, we're gonna post this tomorrow. He goes, we might have something here.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: He goes, do you remember the guy in the sparkly jacket? I go, I think I forgot all about it. He's like, Yo, I think this might do some numbers in the freeway bid. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, So I was like, and that guy he comes to see me. Now everywhere I go, who that got was smoking? Well, if I'm in DC or Baltimore, he's there, and the jacket keeps getting brighter. Okay, every trying to be seen.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: My last special that we filmed in DC, he came and he wore like a bright orange jacket, almost like an ode to the Bengals. Yeah that's dope. Okay, that's one, Okay, last one. And then we get back to the interview. Loyalty or respect, you gotta have both. I love that love that answer.
Speaker 7: You ain't see that shot coming, Jack. So we're gonna get back into the drink.
Speaker 2: This is a lot.
Speaker 7: I was watching you, Shannon, and I was seeing how you was. He was in control of that that that dark liquor. He was not trying to if you wasn't trying to fit him neither.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: You know what's the crazy thing is like I said to you, like you even make your trauma funny. That was like the first time I've ever seen you like that serious. Like I didn't realize and Shannon, I don't know Shannon, I've never met him. I think I tried to reach out to him for something from before, but we've never connected. I've never been on club shah, he's never been on a drink chance. But I really from your interview, that's what made me was because he had you comfortable. We'll talk about something that you can tell you're uncomfortable with, but that's what makes you comfortable. In my opinion, I'm outside looking at this and started looking out. Sometimes when you talk about things, it's uncomfortable, but you'd say it in your way.
Speaker 2: But that was like the first time, Like that first five minutes of that interview, I was like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 7: Like it was like it was like really really really really serious, and he jumps right in though, yeah, it no like buffer.
Speaker 2: He just went in like shit. And that's when I was in the middle of the divorce, just went final, and I just had the twins everything. There's a lot going on in my life at that time, so it was almost like it was good to like kind of get it out there a little bit, right, to talk about it. I got pheel that was therapy for you. Yeah. I was very careful too, Like you know, I'm not. I think when you go through a divorce, you always I'm actually going the attack, and you always look at the bad times, right, and then when you when the dust settles, you're like, yeah, we did have a lot of fun though at one point we had a lot of good times together, you know what I mean, So it wasn't all bad. I look back, I look back at a relationship. I said, yeah, we we had a lot of fun in the beginning, you know what I mean, and then at some point it just kind of went left. But even even when we were in the roommate slash, you know, we kind of knew it was over, but nobody could pull the trigger on it. We didn't hate each other. Like I came home and it was like fuck you. Fuck you. Still was like we were cordial, you know what I mean. It's not all bad. No, that's that's that's that's that's real. Man had a mutual friend man? Really? Yes, Oh, rich your mind? How do you know? Face? I used to be a gang member? Now, how do you know? If this is my first roommate in LA, he was he's got he's in prison right now, he's like in folsome Oh well, I still go visit. That's my dog. But he took care of me my first year in LA and I didn't realize he was like that dude, Wow, right, I talked about on Andrew Schultz's thing. How do you know? Face?
Speaker 5: We got a grand man?
Speaker 2: But how do you know him? A couple of times he's been in jail since you tell me a gang member when you had both of yours and I used to be. You gotta tell me how you know?
Speaker 4: How do you know?
Speaker 2: Richard? I want to tell you in a minute, gant you gotta tell me how you know? Richard? Promise you we gonna get to it. We're gonna get to it. But I literally lived with I don't want to put too much out there, but I live with a dude in LA my first year in LA, and people want to believe the stories that I could tell, but I'll just take it the grave. But yeah, Richard rich has been locked up since two thousand and one, I think. So he was at San Quentin, damn fulsome Vacaville. He's like, he's that dude man. But he when I first got to La, he with him, so he would, you know, I don't think there's ever been an air and stand up like the mid to late nineties of Fat Tuesdays, Guy Toys, Fat Tuesdays, Like it wasn't uncommon to go to his room on Tuesday nights and see Denzel, see Magic, see all the comedians were there. But I shack any you know, halle Berry. It just wasn't uncommon. Prince like, whoever was in town was coming there on Tuesday night. And there's there was like a three four year so yeah, okay on Tuesday there was a three four year run. But there's nothing like it. When Tubac was going, Sugar was going, you know, you just you never knew who was going to be in the audience, right, so face was always there it was Richard, but I call him face. Face is always there. So what happened was I just start talking to him all the time and then he was like, yo, he used to do security for Brian Russell from the Utah Jazz. Okay, that's the one that Jordan kind of pushed off at the end, and so he said, yo, Brian's doing this show in Salt Lake when you play for the Jazz. At the time, he goes he's looking for a host. You come out and host it, and I was like yeah, So I went out and we did this show. But that was supposed to be for Casey and Jojo and Rose Royce and I was going to host it. Wow, Casey and Jose didn't show up, so this show got canceled right and then, but I'm still there. But we started hanging out a little bit that weekend, and then we just start always hanging out. And then he was like, Hey, I'm leaving town for a couple of months, can you houseit my house? And I was living in a little apartment in North Hollywood and I had a roommate and I said, well, let me let me come by the house and see it. I went about the house he's got this fat ass crib Sherman Oaks, bell Air, bell A, right, so right, I mean up in the hills. And I was like, so I go. I said, yeah, I write house sit. I went back to my roommate north. How would I said, Yo, I said, here's this month and next month's rent. Find a roommate. I'm out because that wasn't on the least right. So he's all right, So I'm now I'm living in this big house and it's just me. He's gone, Wow, I got this fuck it and there's no furniture. There's nothing in it. But I put my little furniture in my bedroom. That's it. But I remember I conna, I say, can I put some pictures up on the wall to make it look like it's mine because I'm bringing girls over here. He's like, yeah, wonder the fuck? I don't give fuck. So I had like posters and pictures of me girls, this is your house? Yeah, you know, like it had an indoor outdoor pool at a jacuzzi. This ship was late, but there was no furniture, right, And then so then I come to find out he was he was doing some other ship. And you didn't know that there's no signs that there was signs. I picked up on it after after after you move. Yeah, okay, and I can tell you that off camera, but I didn't know because because he's still in and I wanted to get out, so I don't want to say anything, but you know, there was there were signs. There's some shit going on, right. But when I say he looked out, I mean that dude my first year of being in LA he just took care of me. He's a big black dudes. He's like six six, big dude, and it was just like the ship I saw the ship I saw him do. It was just it's kind of mind bogging back up. Okay, there's a there's a story I can share. So we were in Laguna Beach, right and at that rememberly twice, so I'm playing basketball a lot. So he played basketball, so him and two of his buddies because it was four on four in the Gunda Beaches half court. We we go on a Sunday and it's all packed right, and his team's winning a lot. But they got this one brother on the team that's talking a lot of ship, and I was like, you're saying, no, we're not playing and yet to anybody, right, I was like, this ain't gonna go well if he says some ship to face.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So we get in there and start playing, and we were we're beating him pretty good, right, But we had a we had a really good team everybody. I was the shortest guy on my team. Right, all of a sudden, I going for a layup and he like chucked me and I go flying right still to the golden beach. We're in the good beach. The guy chucks me and I go flying and Face got his face like, hey, motherfucker, you know, always doing that ship. And the dude's like, well, what you want to do, bitch? They in each other's face. I go, ah, fuck, you know I'm always in the maga beach. You do. I'm going like this, I'm good, guys, I'm good. And we still play, right yo. Face took off his shirt and he's got I remember here, he had camped him right here. He has some other ship whatever was on his chest. Everybody in that basketball court went whoa like this and the brother went, ain't all about that, bro, ain't all about that? He goes, No, this is about that, bitch, And by the face, I was like, what the fuck is on your chest?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Very curious. So I'm like, what is going on? And it basically got the fuse? Right, Oh, so you say the guy that was people with him immediately he said he saw on his because he's tatted all over his chest, right, whatever he saw, because the only thing I know recognized was the Compton, right, whatever shit was going on, I don't know. And he was like I literally heard a collective cool, right, And he's like yo, am about that, bro, and about thinking, no, it is about that, And I was like this, what the fuck is on your chest?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: So gets the fuse. They don't fight the same fucking night, we go to Glam Slam in LA, which is Princess Club right out here. Yeah, so we we go to glam Slam. Why is that motherfucker there? The dude from the basketball court in the Gooda Beach is at Clamslam that. I was like this, and I go and I'm sitting. I'm always I'm always the peacemaker, right, I'm like, ah, fuck, here we go, right, so I go up to face and go face the dude from the basketball courts here. I was like, so, please don't start to fight or anything, right, and he goes where's Yeah, he goes over they're about to have words, and the dude just started like, hey man, my bed. They start talking all of a sudden, thank god, and got the fuse. Next thing I know, they're they're toasting Hennessy and ship. A little bit later, Hennessy. I'm like, yeah that night. I mean, that's just one story I can share, but yeah, so okay, I can here too. Okay, I don't know if these are the shots right now? No, no, no out. So that's you wanted the same the same time. Remember I told you the guy said I stole his joke, right, the guy that accused me on the joke k new face right, he was being cool, but his boys face was being cool. No, the guy that accused me still on the joke, okay, right, he was being cool, but his boys was hyping them up. Like so fucking he stole your ship beat his ass type ship? Right, I go Now did they call you white boy? Huh? Did they call you? I'm sure? Okay, I'm sure. Okay, So I I go back, and this is when I'm living with Face at the time, like he had come back. Now now he's at the house and I was like, I was like, yo, so and so trying to start shipstead I stole Joe. He goes who And I told him all right, cause he he hung out at the comedy clubs.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The next night is Tuesday, which this fat Tuesday comedy store. He sees that comic calk in with his homeboys and he goes, yoke and they came over. He goes, what's up, man? He goes, you, you's Gary steal in the joke. He goes, nah, nah. He goes, no, Garret said, youccuse me? Still a joke. He's like, nah the face. He goes, no, I w wasn't like that Da Da and his boys just sitting there and here I come, snitching. I go it really wasn't hitting with them. He looked at them. He goes, if he wants to do your whole act, he can do your whole act. He goes, don't ever speak to him again. He goes, you got something to sity together, you say it to me, And they was like they was like, all right, all right, faced, all right face. They back down so goddamn fast. I was like, yeah, he was just a different dude.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: He wasn't a dude you crossed, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So that's why I still go see him. I still go see him. And I saw him saying Quentin that stuff. Undo, he's still my guy. Man. Uh, that's what's up. You know that we're speaking.
Speaker 3: So check this out.
Speaker 2: How do you know? I got that guy right on the phone that disrespected you. Here you go, yoh, what's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: And he got something you want to say to you? Hey, what.
Speaker 1: This was?
Speaker 2: How do you know what crank though? Gary him? I put it together?
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: Oh, but you know I said it wasn't it was you know, I said it wasn't Scrunch, it was the dude was with them? Hey man alive with huh? Yeah? Yeah, well you want to go he want to face that? Yeah, you want to say something to you? Yeah, I mean we can't figure out your phone? Yeah, your phone, dude. You're scared me right now?
Speaker 8: Jack?
Speaker 2: You know everything. But it's funny except but for whatever reason you're s don't kind the phone? Is that.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Your dude? Your fucking FaceTime? I'm Scrauncho the stable guy trying to sound a little bit. What kind of fun are you? Yeah's connection unstable. Yeah, it is connection unstable.
Speaker 1: It is he can't he sno's coming back on the regular phone. He just want to say something to you real the phone.
Speaker 2: So I was trying to careful. I was trying to be careful. But the covers name was SCRAUNCHO okay, But I said, Scrunch was always Scrunch was always cool. There you go go ahead for well, I couldn't get you on that.
Speaker 5: What's his name? The FaceTime? This is eleven. This is iPhone eleven.
Speaker 8: A man, listen, you know, you know you know the best, if you know the best part about life, if you know what I mean. Like, but I seen sometimes when you grow up, you know you can hear somebody something think you really is something.
Speaker 1: But the most powerful a thing a man can do, especially.
Speaker 8: In twenty twenty six, is take accountability and find a way to take accountability.
Speaker 5: And when I look at Gary.
Speaker 8: Owens and I think about Gary Owens, man, because we come up on the same.
Speaker 5: You know, rich he I asked me to tell him, is Richard mus right?
Speaker 4: Faith? That was our nigga.
Speaker 2: But I knew face before rich Me and Faith come.
Speaker 4: Out the mud together, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: He got he that he that guy.
Speaker 8: But we was together since we were sixteen seventeen giving out the mud. He was a star athlete, then he mastered the streets and he's just.
Speaker 2: A powerful dude. And even when he's first seeing me, he's like he.
Speaker 8: Knew about Gary before me, and he came to me. He says, spruan sho, Gary oyens the white dull.
Speaker 4: I said, yea, it was cracking, because he's good. He said, yes, my guy, man, you know you're good with him. He said, make sure you're.
Speaker 2: Good, and I said, say less.
Speaker 5: And from that point on always had love for Gary.
Speaker 8: So but I think I should really be owen Gary in an apology because as a man, you'll say so sit on his motherfucking internet and then turning around, especially when a joke go bad.
Speaker 4: And to my nigg Gary man, I really love his dude, A great.
Speaker 8: Dude, nice to everybody, a great family dude.
Speaker 5: I've just seen his son on a.
Speaker 1: Pittier man dude and grew up.
Speaker 4: To be such a big, old, tall, handsome lord.
Speaker 8: I remember when we first hung out, the little kid.
Speaker 2: And all this feemale a.
Speaker 8: Grown man, and to see his marriage.
Speaker 4: I'm just a fan of his brand.
Speaker 8: I'm a fan of character, and we don't talk much, but I do want to apologize to him because I just saying for shit.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I love Gary on one, but I don't like that nigga privileges. So fuck that privilege, you know, like that, And.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to think you're missing.
Speaker 2: True as if I don't like Gary, but if he should listen.
Speaker 4: To me, man, I love you, broke, and.
Speaker 3: We always love you.
Speaker 4: We already take care of you, man, and I can't wait to see you and give.
Speaker 8: You a big old gangster funds for a real nigga.
Speaker 4: Man, you know, so to my apartment, Gary Owens, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Man, I love you, and if I want to, I.
Speaker 5: Just apologize to you as a human being.
Speaker 8: But cause you hear me Jack. Also, I also want to take a mini to take an apologize to my nigga Teach.
Speaker 4: Kirklin not and already took hands.
Speaker 2: We already talked about it, We always shook hands.
Speaker 8: I have not gave that nigga a public apology, and I do want to take a public apology because sometime when you're a real nigga as Noor, you know, because he a real nigga, and he knows. Sometimes when you're a real nigga, it's such up your ability to be trusted, you know what I mean, Being a real nick and being trusted, it's difficult to bind together.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So a lot of times when your real need, you're going to.
Speaker 8: The real nigga brand. It's not always a blessing, you know what I mean. So a nigga like me, I gotta take time out in the top of myself and I can't play like I put like everybody else can play and talk to ship.
Speaker 4: I can't do that.
Speaker 3: I play all everyone's through this and that and so.
Speaker 8: So niggas like t K and we and and me and t K Be was a little different because it was it was a you know whatever it was for him, it was just about respect for me.
Speaker 5: I remember the time, niggas just like what problem fright out and we need.
Speaker 2: Friends to take hands.
Speaker 8: But the end of that sucked all that, you know, we can't even just fight and talk it out.
Speaker 2: You know, so she get all out of control.
Speaker 5: But at the end of the day we met at the radio station and uh, we shook hands. We talked it out because we fought niggas supposed to fight.
Speaker 2: You gotta be you gotta you were in disagreement.
Speaker 8: We should be able to can't affair with you know what I mean.
Speaker 12: But appreciate that. Hell yeah, one two three. So that was the comedian.
Speaker 2: Okay, y, my thing is like ship that's been old news, not not old news. But like with Face, it was like scrunch and I said that he was always cool. It was the boys that was like, Gary stole your ship, But why do you apologized to you?
Speaker 4: Just now?
Speaker 2: I think he went on it. I must have went on an interview, was like fu Garon's white privilege. Oh he did say that, Okay, yeah, yeah, so no, it was Squnchon always cool, but Scuncho, like he said, he came up with Face and Compton and I'm sure they did some ship together back in the day. I'm sure. And he said, did you hear what he said? He said he mastered the streets. He was that dude. I got it. The stories I can tell and maybe I'll tell when I have his permission when he hopefully he gets out one day. But right now I'm like, I'm just gonna hold on to him. But yeah, it was uh was the hell of their first year in LA would be a white dude from Ohio, grew up in the trailer park, joined the Navy, which is very structured. Then you get to LA and you're out there trying to make it and all of a sudden you're getting into places because I'm with face and now this is how we really, this is how we really start hanging out. He asked me, I'm sorry I jumped the gun. It was Thanksgiving and he asked me on Monday, he said, what are you doing for Thanksgiving? I said nothing, Thursday's Thanksgiving. He said, oh, We're going to my mom's house blah blah blah for Thanksgiving. I said, oh, okay, you want to stop buying, come through.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: We left in the address and this is before everybody had cell phones at ninety seven, so I was like, all right, So I just got the address. I wake up Thanksgiving morning, I'm by myself in LA. I drove.
Speaker 3: I didn't know his mom.
Speaker 2: Had been comped it in the ghetto.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: I got there like June, and he was like, I remember, he has to do it. He goes, you can fucker you invited me and he just kept staring at me the whole day. I go, he why are you keep staring at me? He goes, I can't believe white boys in my house. But mama's was at my mama's house, right, But I also learned I stayed in the kitchen with the women and the dudes were in the back playing dominoes cars. There was a ping pong table. They're playing ping pong, they were in the back. I stayed with the girls in the kitchen because now the women came out and they started vouching for me. They go, yo, the white boy's funny. He cool did and that endeared me with all the guys out there. And I remember I stayed until about six pm, and then it started to get dark and it started to change the scenery. I was like, oh, I got to get out of here. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll go to content between ten am and six pm. Okay, yeah, let's not say I was. I'm I'm not going to go to get started. It started to change quick. Safe out. But that's how he really started hanging out because I went through his mom's house for Thanksgiving, right, So that's how we start hanging out.
Speaker 1: But he hoologized for pressing you and that's what that was about. Okay, back in the day, back in the long time, that's what all that was.
Speaker 5: You want to say you're sorry. And I told him if he ever do, I kill it.
Speaker 2: Boy, you man. But he didn't press me. Yo, he did impress me like that. He wasn't. He literally won. It was his boy. He pulled me Monday night. He pulled me out of the improv right now, pulled me out and saying can we talk. So we're out on the side, you know, the improv is on Melrose. We're on the side of the building, and he just, yo, man, my boys said, you took one of my jokes. And he goes, that don't sound like you. Our acts are different. I said, what joke? But his boys out there hyping him up. He goes, mother fuck does squawcho he took your ship press him like that shit. And I'm going I'm literally going, like the fuck he's use problem. And then I went back and straight snitched. I went to the face and was like, yo, I told oh, boy was okay, I'll tell you the wildest story I can share that not gonna do anything. Oh by the girl, I'm gonna keep the girls I'm remarried. I want to keep that off the street. I don't like to bring that up.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of girls involve a face, but they used to remember the Century Club on Sundays Jumping man. Well, one of the one of the promoters era when when Face would go, we would just walk in, right. Nobody ever stopped Face, right, we just walk in. So one night we Face doesn't go real Quick's face of blood on crip, you know, I mean, what did he wears black? He's black guy. He's a blip.
Speaker 3: I don't he's one of which tattoos said to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know which. I would always go to the Centric Club. Gary's Neutral, right, that was just switch like a motherfucker. He's a blip. But uh so every time we go, we just would go in. So one night Face had a girl at the house and I was like, I'm gonna go to Centry Club as right, So I go by myself and when I got there Themoter, one of the promoters, he wouldn't let me in. He's Joe. I was like, what's up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: He goes where's Face Like, oh, he ain't coming to night? He goes all right. He's just like left me outside, right, So I'm not thinking nothing of it. I come back to the house probably an hour later, and face goes, I thought you just going to Central Club. I said. The dude wouldn't let me in. He goes, really, he goes, I'll handle it. We got a July fourth party at our house, right, this ship was this was this was ninety eight. This is July fourth, ninety eight. Legend. I remember Kobe showed up. Kobe was like eighteen.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Everybody half the NFL and NBA was at this party, right, and everybody thought it was my fucking house. It wasn't my house. My pictures are on the wall. Oh yes, right right, Joy got me so much residual pussy later, right, we later your park? Right, So he goes, uh, he pulls, He's like, yo, g here he got the promoter like in his room in some side closet and he opens the door and the promoter's like this, and I go what that promoter He goes, yo, gee, tell me what the fuck he just told him. I go, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: Last week? I go what? He goes the Centric Club and he goes, oh, oh yeah, I couldn't get in, and he goes.
Speaker 4: What the fuck?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 2: He's with me? You see him, You see me, bron He's going in right and the guy goes. The guy just shook. So I'm trying to diffuse. I go, I think it was just a misunderstanding that doing like this. He goes, that's all it was. So he's was like, don't you ever stop my boy? Right now? He never comes in. You let him and he goes, I.
Speaker 4: Got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: He got out. I go, why the fuck was he in the closet trying to figure out he pressed him?
Speaker 7: Oh ship, that was I was pushing him in the closet, not coming out of the closet.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know why he commit What the fuck happened last week? First of all, why is he in the closet? You know what I mean? He just miss understandingstanding that's a skin silver Now.
Speaker 7: I also heard you say something that like, like you respect comedians keeping a certain circle because like I believe you mentioned the plastic cup boys or the red cup boys cup Boys, and and you said you we wish you had learned from that, because I believe you had an opener who like betrayed you. I know you don't want to say his name because I'll never say his name. I'll never say his name neither. I don't want to think anyway.
Speaker 2: Okay, you see affee shop near you? But what was that lesson and the teacher?
Speaker 7: And this is for people that's coming up, because you know what a lot of us suffer from post dramatic success, right like that we got success, so we want to help somebody else, but we sometimes picked the wrong person to help.
Speaker 2: And then and then that scars you from helping.
Speaker 7: Another person because you're like, man, I got snake from this from this person, So why should I go back to my neighborhood? And because I believe this guy from Cincinnati it wasn't he wasn't. Okay, I get my bad. I don't want to he's from your neck of the woods. Okay, New York fu. Yeah, the New York tastes it.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus.
Speaker 7: For people that don't know, explain to the people like how important it is to keep you a circle tight?
Speaker 2: Yeah I got yo. He just yeah, he broke get code like you said, respect and loyalty, Like I'm putting a lot of money in your pocket you're on the road with me, but there is I guess deep down he was resentful of my position. And then you know, you got to be careful who's on the road with you because you don't want them looking at you like I want that right, not knowing like I'm trying to set you up to get that if you want, You're going in front of thousands of people every weekend. Like I always tell people, cherry pick my audience, take them, get your social media out there. I don't care. There's not for everybody. But he was just his problem was I never seen a guy go after other guys girls like that, like it was a problem. It was. It was like everybody though, everybody in our circle. He would like he would try to fuck your girl behind you, or you find out he's trying to hit on him afterwards, those comebacks like that. Yeah. And I was like, I literally told him, I said, yo, I just said, I don't like Jack. Oh he had your wife been over? Yeah? No, but he I told him, and I let him go. I said, dude, I'm just letting you know your dick got you fired. Hobo was worth it. I was like, So he was like really, I was like dude, I'm just being honest with you. You gotta change your ways. Man. And I know I don't say his name, uh when I don't want to get me press. And two, you know, I just I just wanted to disappear. And I put him in all the rooms that he could. I put him in all the rooms where you have to meet the right people. Could have set hisself up because it's a lot of this business relationship based.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: And I was just like, dude, I couldn't believe the ship he especially in a divorce. You went, you went back. I forgot that and told her about some girls in the past. I let him go in twenty eighteen my divorce. I'm in twenty twenty one. Why are you calling my gonna be ex wife to tell her shit that happened, because it doesn't affect the divorce. You're just hurting her, right, you know what I mean? It was so it was it was so unnecessary, right, you know what I mean? That's just some dird dog shit fuck that dude. Yeah, So let me ask you in the verses, who you think if you if if Swiss and similar came to you and said, man, guy, I want you to do a versus, but it's your choice or who you get to pick the comedian and you go against Yeah, who would you pick? Ooh that's a good one. So I like him though, right? I mean it depends on you, h person. Yeah yeah, yeah, God, I would pick that old opener.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you pick them because you want to go against them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to hear you wanted to pick got to pick a record? Yeah, uh sh I'll probably picked Kevin. I want to go against the big dog. I want to challenge myself. Okay, Okay, I mean why why wouldn't you? That makes sense, that makes sense to do. Here's the thing. Kevin and Cat would get the most numbers, or Cat right now right or Chappelle. But I would pick Kevin because I know we got a rapport, we had fund. It wouldn't be personal, but I know we could go to each other pretty good. So I picked Kevin.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Let me say something.
Speaker 7: Let me say something to the comedian world and to the rap world and to everybody. I like how Cat and Kevin squad. They showed what grown men look like. You know, first off, at that roast.
Speaker 2: When I see Cat come out, I literally I literally screamed like a girl because I was like, oh, I did not see that, like there were there was nothing to lead up to that. And then watching seventy two hours of Kevin's movie, Mike Mike Epps is not Mike f you owe me a big fucking apology.
Speaker 3: Mike X called me one day and.
Speaker 2: Was like, fuck you, motherfucker. You let Kevin hark this me and and by the way, he saw some AI shit. Really this is not Kevin Hart did not come on our show and this Mikes and I knew it, so I knew it, but I let him flip on me and now you in the goddamn movie. I need my apology. Man, Well, let me get back to Kat and Kevin Kevin.
Speaker 7: I thought that like when I seen Kevin and and then he smacked him, and then I'm giving away the movie.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry he smacked me. He said, did you will smith me? Like that? Shit was like so written, it was so put together.
Speaker 7: And you know, like like when when when when certain people squarssed beef like god bless because I love game and I love fifty but when you sing them squashs of beef in Harlem, I knew that beef wasn't squashed.
Speaker 2: It wasn't actually squashed, Like they didn't make eye contact. But when I seen Nas and jay Z, I knew that was done when I seen that with Kat and keV, But when I see it in the movie, it was like that ship really one. Because you know why, it's beyond just two comedians beefing, beyond just two black people beefing. This is how humans can work out. Like like, these guys really hated each other, yeah, and then they worked. Mike and Kevin really hate each other. No hate when I see hate like like like like like jealousy hate, but like he was mad at him. They were mad at each other. Like I don't know. I don't know inside information, but I just know from what I seen they didn't like each other. At one point, even.
Speaker 3: That roes that roast, they meant that rope walked away.
Speaker 2: People were still like, No, I don't think Kevin dislikes anybody, though, I don't think Kevin. Let me take something Kevin just from Phil. You pushed him too much, He will be up. Did you see him schooling Lebron James recently? Yo bought and did Joel want he turned full fleshed figure. I said, no, Kevin can go. Don't get a questioned. But I just don't think he's like that, Like like Kat well Man, you crossed him one time, it could be thirty years ago. He gonna remember it. He don't forget shit, you know. I remember when we when I was we was all like late nineties coming up, and Cat was Cat in the Hat at the time, right in the hat. So even before the Internet, you heard rumors about this guy in the Bay Area. They was like, Yo, there's this guy up there. That's how I already described it, because he's like a real pimp. He's got one teeth in the front. And that's how he described the money Mike way before, right, and he was like, that's how everybody used to talking with.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 2: This motherfucker is destroying, right. And then then he comes to LA and he's destroying all over all over the place. I remember I hosted the improv for like a month straight on Monday nights, and then the first one that hosted it, I realized that the first three four comics, the room was kind of flat because people were still coming in. They're sitting down, we're starting on time. So the next week Week two. Cat's the first comic on the show, right, he's Catahastill. Yeah, nobody knows who he is. Okay, right, this is before Friday. And then I said, hey, guys, I'm hosting, and I said, you know, we got a great show tonight. It's gonna fucking get better as we go. And I think whatever super Bowl was, it might have been the Rams and Titans that one. Remember the super Bowl start off slow and then it ended real strong. I said, oh, this show is gonna be like the super Bowl. I go, it might start a little slow, but by the end we're gonna be killing. But I was going off the energy from last week wasn't right on my part because I'm not thinking of the comics going up early. Like Kat goes up first, right, and he took that shit personal. But he must have gave his greatest fifteen minutes that night. He was like, oh, I'm not fucking around, right, because I remember he goes up. He had this closer that would that would kill every night. And then I remember his last thing. He goes, how's that for the super Bowl? And I came up and go, whoa. He took that the wrong way. And then when I saw him out in the bar and when I about the second com and we talked to me, he was laughing about it, cutting up. But I just remember I go, oh, he don't forget shit. Even that night he was like, oh really we're gonna start slow. Oh you got me fucked up. You know, he was the first one on that night. I think I destroyed. He's mad at us because of Michael Blacksmith. We had Michael Blacksman on here. Blackson he went off on the comedians have been the most mad at us. I don't know what the fuck is going on, which is wild to me.
Speaker 5: Michael Blackson on wild'ing out like real hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he destroyed him on that, but which is wild because it was Michael Blackman there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he stare. It was like like really kind of. It was very morbid, very morbid. He hated him. I thought morbid means soft.
Speaker 3: Norman's dark da ship.
Speaker 2: It was bad oh ship. Yeah, he was on. He was on another plane like he hate him. So Michael black accent leave. That's a good versus. This accidentally is accidentally you know, Mike kept it cool. Okay, Mike does it. He keeps it cool. Everybody even in your face in he's back and it keeps it cool, all right, But cat yeah, he don't forget ship oh ship man. He might he might we.
Speaker 3: Call in out of jobs because we want you on cat Man.
Speaker 2: He might call and and retell that story. No, no, no, no, there's a different super Bowl. I was second that night. He's that guy.
Speaker 3: Corrected, right, please correct the story.
Speaker 2: Say seven books in a year something like that. He he gave me a nice little shoutout though on okay, you know, and he was like he goes. You know, he was talking about the gate keepers in Hollywood. They fucked with who he is. Why do you think Gary Olwen's been doing this twenty seven years and hasn't crossed over yet?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? No, I don't know if that's it you keeping it is what it is, keep it in black power, brother, Yeah, a little too much expect now, if you had your choice Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Netflix, it's gotta be yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And just to just to back practice a smidging, Hey, so my wish list smell smelly.
Speaker 2: Uh it's hitching. OK.
Speaker 1: So the versus should be you doing Neil Rillins, Corey Holcom, Eric Spears, Michael Blaxon, Kat Williams, t I, Charleston, White, Godfrey, J Farrell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was that was go so Gi against Down against Donnell.
Speaker 2: I would go against Donnell. You're going against Down. Yeah, that's a good one. I got, I got the rules, We've written out and everything, and I send it to you all tomorrow. Actually was that was? That was good? That was good. You get to host that one too, Okay, he get to see it at least.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what's what's what's the next for for for you? I'm on tour, so they stopped put me on tour, you know what I mean. So we got we're doing all theaters now, so that's good. Filming my next special February thirteenth in Indianapolis, and that's YouTube again, Well what we do I do it myself. Yes, then we send it to everybody. But now we're at a point where like, look we're like, for instance, the last one I did, No Hard Feelings. We filmed it January seventeenth in DC. I knew I was going to air up March seventh on YouTube, So we send it everybody. I said, look, if you want it, you got to come with an offer or take it all my hands. If not, you said air on Mars. Whole thing. You said the whole thing, the whole thing. Okay, we're going to air this March seventh on YouTube. It's up to you. But we're not waiting for you to look at it like we'll get back to you. So I have a deadline. So the next one we're going to do February thirteenth in Indianapolis, where I got the theater everything set up. I go, and then I'll pick a date a month or two later and we'll do the same thing. We'll send it their moody if they want it, great if not, and then if they make an offer before we're thirteenth, we'll take it. You know what I mean. Why you ain't pixure Cincinnati. I did want a Cincinnati, Yeah I did. I did.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: Black Famous Okay, we did that in Cincinnati. So that was twenty twenty one. So I did one there.
Speaker 7: Already, all right, So so anyone you want to tell fans, I would tell them something before you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got him a gift. All the Shario ones man set it really hard for this.
Speaker 1: I've studied your whole career man, And this is a gift from above girl Milkie Jean white cliffs baby.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, shout out to them.
Speaker 2: Man, it's for you. And this is there.
Speaker 3: They're room right here. They're wrong, white white people.
Speaker 2: They gave me some liquor. Yeah, that's a milkie.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: This is the shirt you have on right, Yep, it's just the white woman. How did you You was looking at you? So I should wait. It's more often I can see it. You can't. He can see you with two cans. He can't see you blood. So that's the special. And then I guess, I guess some other things in the worst. But nothing to announce, you know, Okay, you don't want to give everything away.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, let me just tell you something. Man, you're one of the funniest people on the planet. You're a person that could take like That's what we are as a musicians. You can take pain and make people make pleasure out of it. Like I've never like, I know, we didn't get into it too much, but I hear you speak about your step pops, and here you speak about your pops and you make it so articulate even though you're talking about pain. It's just like it's just like like that that that's that's so I suggest not only a special, but I definitely want to see Gary Owen sketch comedy.
Speaker 2: Like I definitely want to see it.
Speaker 7: And you know what's crazy, you know, thinking about like the way you spoke about Drew Ski earlier. I think that like the elder generation generation like him directing, because these skits that you're talking about, like but with like uh, I believe it was one time h's gonna have a fight and instead of you like being aggressive back, you just agreed to whatever. The guy yeah yeah, he said, say Man, man, Man, I might yeah yeah yeah yeah, like all those sketches, Like, I suggest you do that because as a fan, like I visually when you speak about.
Speaker 2: It, I visually see it. Yeah, so why not me visually see it? Like and then there's so many people, so I encourage you, man to keep doing your thing.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 7: You make so many people happy. Man, you make so many people proud, You make so many people laugh. What you do is very important. Man, And we over here we know I want to give your flowers.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Let you know, man, man, Man, continue to do your thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna take some Plas.
Speaker 3: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers and all and dj e FN.
Speaker 2: Listen to drink.
Speaker 3: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real noriagon I g at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at, dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com