Speaker 1: Zone media. Okay.
Speaker 2: I toyed with a lot of ways to approach this, like what is the most universal way to understand what I'm about to say right now? Started off with thinking about like all right, think about like Wu Tang or Asap like as in Asap yams for rock, think about hieroglyphics, mega crews, native tongue, trying to figure out what age ymb young slime, like, what ways tde like black hippie? What ways can I explain? Where you have individuals who all have their own sort of brand direction and ideas that if you are going to stay on top, you need the collection to stay together, like you need Wu Tang to be forever, because if not, then Yoho movement is done. And I don't think any A lot of those fell apart because like some of y'all may not even know method man, the actor is a member of Wu Tang clan, which hurts my heart. You wouldn't even know who I saw my if I say a hieroglyphics like I would have to explain to you ninety three tail Infinity and Soul's a Mischief and del to Funky Almosapien, who you would know as Del Tron who you've only heard through gorillas. I'm happy, feeling sad. I got sunshine in a bag. The rapper in that is dell you. But you would not know that that was hieroglyphics because I had a chance to look at our demographics.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't know who I'm talking about, which hurts my heart.
Speaker 2: Would you know that Ricky Martin was a member of Menudo? Would you like? What would you know that would make this make sense? I don't know if the comparison works well enough. You would understand when I talk about Wu tang, you know, And let me not insult some of y'all, like city folk, not so black people that like, Okay, forgive me, you probably know. But what is the most universal way to talk about forming a coalition government? And the best way I can think about it is trying to figure out what we and the homies are gonna eat tonight hood politics, y'all. So you're gonna really have to put your thinking caps on today for this one, and I'm gonna try to make it as graspable as possible.
Speaker 1: But before we do this week, it like this bullook is like this bullook is like this, So.
Speaker 2: In some more pop culture news. Continuing with the reign supreme of Not Like Us. Obviously, k Dot dropped the video for not Like Us, which took place in Compton and nickoson Garden Projects bringing back Black Hippie and the original TDE team.
Speaker 1: When I tell you, the entire.
Speaker 2: City came out to that video shoot, except for me because I'm old and I got kids. But what a beautiful thing to do, and to do it on the fourth of July. You get the symmetry June teens for the pop out fourth of July for the video that's absurd. Such a the cinematography, everything, TAM's Burger's, all of it incredible.
Speaker 1: So that's one thing. Oh also, and then to end.
Speaker 2: The video with him and his wife and his kids just dancing in the living room, reminding them that his wife from Compton too.
Speaker 1: Like anyway, it's just incredible.
Speaker 2: Now, on that same tip, you had Rick Ross playing the song in Toronto Anna Hell's Angels, dude punching him in the face and then them getting active being like you're gonna respect our city, and then watching all of Rick's boys jump in and there Rick just kind of like fall back real quick. What the rest of the dudes is like I was pretty wild.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, you're gonna let them. Okay, well, you know what, good for you, Toronto.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you for like respecting your like respect your soil. In someplace that'd be like, look, man, I know the rest of the earl world bopp into this, but like, can we at least this is a this a Kendrick free zone up.
Speaker 1: Good for y'all now and not so fun news.
Speaker 2: Y'all may remember the she I Can't call it episode when y'all taught y'all what chevron defference was and that the Supreme Court was going to decide if they were going to uphold that. I'll let you go back and see what chevron difference is. But but quick and dirty. It's the idea that when there's a law about some sort of regulation that is ambiguous, rather than deferring to the department within the government that is an expert on that particular topic, whether it's our clean drinking water, air or edible food, rather than deferring to the department that runs that, they're saying, naw, we're going to let the courts decide what should how this law regulation should be interpreted, which will have some effects that I will probably talk about in a future episode. But just know that the Supreme Court decided they could call it. They also decided, oh, we already talked about this, that as long as you commit crimes on the job, you're fine. But there was another nuanced in this that as we're learning more about how this thing would work, is if you were to bring a case against the president for doing something that was an unofficial act, you can't use any documents.
Speaker 1: Or testimony to prove it.
Speaker 2: So, for example, if the president were to have a conversation would say, I don't know a Georgian a Georgia official about pressuring somebody to find votes or have fake a group of electors, or if they were to have a conversation to their oh, I don't know, like head of the Department of Justice, to tell them to bring a case against a particular person, you can't even bring that conversation into evidence. So I can't even use the things that prove what he did or she did to prove that they did what we all know they did. Not only that, it gets even more crazy if you were, in fact the person that had to execute this said criminal act that the president is immune for you not so the presidents say, hey, Leahomy, come here, I need you to go kill Nancy Pelosi. I'm not saying he going to say that. I'll just say if he did, that was an official government act and that's covered under his immunity because he can't even tell you about this conversation. Now if you go do it again, he's like, look, that was an official act. I did it for the sake of the government, and this is why we did it. Or he could be like, you can't prove I did it because all of this is covered. So no matter what you say as the shooter, it don't matter because you not immune.
Speaker 1: He is. This is balkers.
Speaker 2: And then finally, the Democratic Party is trying to change their headliner. And as we all know, if you've ever bought a concert ticket, you can't just change your headliner, even if your headliner is decrepit. But either way, nobody want to say what the only few of them want to say it with their whole chess. Most people trying to like say it like I'll go off the record. They not will understand on business like this. The way I feel about this thing. But they're not saying it with their whole chess, but they definitely saying it with part of their chess. And Biden like the Lord God Almighty got to tell me to leave. Now we'll see how they play this game out. But either way, that's what's going on.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh oh, and boeen.
Speaker 2: Player guilty about being like, yeah, we knew this was trash. Anyway, let's learn about a coalition government. It is like this, all right, guys with very few exceptions, And now when I say few exceptions, I mean a lot of exceptions. We're definitely talking about the first world issues, modern first world issues.
Speaker 1: You're out with the.
Speaker 2: Homies, you know, yo yo yo group yo, if you if you're a Drake Frian, your crots.
Speaker 1: This your ace yo team yo, squad yr click whatever.
Speaker 2: Y'all out kicking it, y'all trying to figure out what we're gonna eat tonight. Now here's the thing again, friend groups with few exceptions break down with you got the foodie who you know, no compromise, Like, I don't care what y'all pick, I'm gonna eat this. You know, you got the you got your vegan in the group that's got all kind of like really strong opinions about wherever they're going and what y'all gonna do. Then you got the different types of vegans. You got the vegan that got a gang of snacks. Now, my assistant Leanna, you know, she she's a vegan with the snacks in her bag, so she's fine whatever. She's like, I'm not gonna cause no problems.
Speaker 1: I go with y'all. I'll find something on the menu.
Speaker 2: But don't worry about it, because if you look at my purse, I got every possible thing I need to survive because I know I'm the vegan, the self aware vegan.
Speaker 1: We enjoy them.
Speaker 2: You got the alcoholic who just as long as there's booze, they don't care. You just need to shove food in their mouth so they don't barf over everybody. You need to cut that liquor with some grease. I don't know where that came from. I feel like I got it from just being a person of color and the hood. We just believe that, like somehow another, if you drink a lot, as long as you eat some tacos or some greasey, it's gonna help with the hangover.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We just believe it do It's probably wrong, but it feels like it coach your line, your stomach a little better. You got your person who always feels like they need to be in charge, always wants to pick the place, And most of the time it's just easier to let that person pick it because sometimes they just outpha. Sometimes they just like enjoy hosting. It's like I just I like all of us being together. You know, you've seen those memes about the person on vacation that's getting up and got the whole day planned and the hikes and they up at eight and they want to do all this. And then you got the other person that's like, fool, I came out here to not have an.
Speaker 1: Alarm, to not have a plan.
Speaker 2: You got all these different types of people. I, for one, in the type that like, if I'm gonna spend money, I want to eat good, I want to eat somewhere I like. But I also, if I'm chilling, I don't need to make a decision. I prefer to leave a lot of the difficult decisions at work. When I'm chilling, It's like I don't really feel like I don't have to think. I don't have to negotiate homie like I'm trying to, like, here's my vote if this will be getting but whatever, I would rather go here.
Speaker 1: But it's all good.
Speaker 2: I'll find something on this menu as long for me, as long as it's got seafood options. I just have gluten and dairy issues. The main one is dairy like, and I'm pretty sure I could tell wherever we at just to put no cheese. If it's like a burger joint, they probably have a sour dough or a gluten free bun, or I could just get the fish and chips.
Speaker 1: I'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: I don't need stress, but some people be super passionate about it. Now in my crew, if you pick, you get one shot to pick where we eaten when we was on tour.
Speaker 1: Listen, rest in peace. DJ Effecto.
Speaker 2: If you know me before hood politics, you know my Ace Pare, You know the Kilipino, the bee Boy, Penoy, snack King, Cole, every Day's leg Day.
Speaker 1: These are all his nickname. The web cript Keeper west Side.
Speaker 2: Long Beach's own DJ Effecto passed away in twenty eighteen. He towards the end of us, like our touring time together, he was transitioning into being going into like chef, being a chef. Now there's a lot of Cali that listens to the show. I suggest you go down to the Nest and Bellflower. That was Effecto, and you could tell him I sent you. If you ask for Antonio, you could tell him I sent you. But you'll see the Terror book. It's in the window. Those are those are my folks. You'll see a picture of Effecto. He's on the wall in there. So again, if you're in the La area down in Bellflowers called the Nest breakfast joint, Effecto designed a lot of that, a lot of their menu. Antonio's my dog, Heather co owner, that's Antonio's partner and spouse, go.
Speaker 1: Kick it over there. Anyway, he was transitioning into that.
Speaker 2: But either way, Effecto didn't miss when it came to selecting. So whoever we were touring with, I would just tell them trust DJ Effecto. He never missed when it came to picking a spot. He had a system. I tried when he passed away to get into his yop. I wanted to log in because I'm like, whatever spots you have saved, Remember we traveled the world together. Whatever spots he had saved. I just knew to trust him. So when we were all together, let him decide. It'd be six seven of us on tour. Shout out Jay Gibbons again. If you in La, he works at Reachla marketing director is a LGBTQ health and wellness center. You could say prop sent you just don't be a weirdo, an amazing, amazing brother man. Shout out my shout out my boy Jeremiah. We will be Effecto, the humy swoop. Who else will be with us? This was before j King So anyway, the whole collective, who we would ever tour with?
Speaker 1: Terrence Clarkey drums for Keith Urban now, believe it or not, like.
Speaker 2: We had dog I've had them anyway. Everyone just trusted effect though. He's going to pick the best spot. So but if you pick a spot and it's mid you can never pick the spot again. I don't like, we don't, we will not trust you. We don't trust you. We still don't trust you. We all become metro Bloom in the future. We don't trust your Your coalition is broken Effecto and I would be the supporting act on other tours, and I would convince the rest of the tour on the time, like, let him choose if we stopping fit different cities, be like, all right, whatever, y'all do what y'all want.
Speaker 1: I'm listening to Effecto.
Speaker 2: Effecto would be like we'd be all in the group text effect It would be like, y'all, here's the spot, and I'm like listen to it. He is the prime minister of choosing the food. Okay, I might be the I might be the act I got us on this tour.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I have been elected as and even when I was when I was headlining, I have been elected as the tour leader because this is my tour. I have built my cabinet, my cabinet director of food, my prime minister. DJ Effecto, DJ Effecto, don't miss again now. He also I wish, y'all, I wish I wish you guys knew him. I wish I was doing hood politics while he was around. He was around for the Red Couch. Our theme music was Affecto's beat man. I wish y'all knew Effecto anyway. He also doesn't like conflict.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know anything about the enneagram, but he was a nine. What a niche reference. He is the type that, like I just I don't I'm not going to rock the boat, like the most agreeable person. But he was also from Long Beach though, don't get it twisted west side Long Beach. Short, stalky, Filipino dude that could throw them things, the most gentle hearted, soft spoken, will knock your head off if you need to, but the kindest guy you'll ever meet.
Speaker 1: I get stories still coming out the woodworks.
Speaker 2: I'm gushing about him because I'm missing, but their stories still coming out the woodworks about things while we were on tour together, he was doing for other people, and I'm like, I was with him every day, Like.
Speaker 1: When did he do this stuff for you? Crazy?
Speaker 2: Just a good good man anyway. I would definitely try to convince the factions of a tour or the collective of the homies just let him do it, and me and my squad would agree, Yeah, y'all could do whatever you want. But if the tour bus is only gonna stop at one place, if like we're not gonna or we're not gonna uber, We're not gonna get the uber XL to a bunch of spots. Bro we gotta pick a spot now if you wanna walk over there. But either way, like we're gonna get a table, let's get a bottle, let's do this.
Speaker 1: It only works if we all together.
Speaker 2: Now, some of y'all may not like it, but if the most of us, if he could convince people who normally are very opinionated that to trust him, then we could convince the whole team to go. And usually everybody's happy. Now, sometimes it's gonna be some people. You got the grumpy gus who ain't gonna be happy no matter what they do, as long as because they didn't choose it. Then you got the worst case scenario is the obnoxious vegan, the extremists of the group. Now, I don't want to throw vegans under the under the bus.
Speaker 1: My wife, my wife she plant based, like we are.
Speaker 2: I would like to say, and I don't know if this makes sense, I'd like to say we're eighty percent plant based because the way that I because the way my metabolism work. If you've ever seen me in person, I'm a rail thing. I'm just I can't I tried to get buff one time.
Speaker 1: In my life.
Speaker 2: I'm actually starting to get some gangs now because I you know, anyway, I'm kind of pushing it. Once you hit this age, you like, Okay, listen, this is my last chance to be in the best shape I can be in, So I'm gonna start seeing what I could actually do here now. Because of that, I have to eat a certain amount of protein, and I don't like protein shakes. I'm not a big like. I don't like big old meals. I don't I don't eat dairy, I don't eat gluten. I don't really like. I don't like a lot of that. I don't like a lot of I just don't like it. I don't like butter. I don't like sweets. I just I'm a weirdo like that. So most of the time, if we're gonna go, I'm gonna get like I said, I'm gonna get seafood like it so for me, like sugar ain't gonna kill me as salt.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It ain't diabetes a high blood pressure for you, boy, because I'm black as hell fry something I'm in anyway, So I'm gonna throw the obnoxious vegan under the bus again. My assistant is vegan out obnoxious. My wife is pretty much plant based. He just soaked some tofu and some tarioki sauce and chopped up some squash and this vegetable medley and some black beans. She made herself a boot of bowl that she keeps in the fridge. Like, So, don't get me wrong, we are this okay. So all my vegans out there, I'm with you. I'm not talking about y'all. I'm talking about the cartoon version of y'all, the one that demands not only will I not stand for a place that uses any animal products. Whatever you got better be locally grown, fair traded, direct traded.
Speaker 1: Pesticide free.
Speaker 2: This place don't accept tips because we pay our workers high enough. We don't do substitutions for meals, like you can't suck the sweet potato fries because our chefs are artists. If you are gonna eat something that's made from flesh, we have named that cow the how's name, and life and life expectancy was given its best way possible. The milk we use came from almond trees planted by indigenous women in the Amazon, who for which have their own reginitive farm.
Speaker 1: And you can track it.
Speaker 2: By scanning this QR code, the bar for which the food has to be. There is zero exceptions. It has to be like this or we not going out. You destroy destroy the whole coalition. None of us can eat and if any of us choose an alternative place.
Speaker 1: We are the problem.
Speaker 2: You are destroying our friend group because you're willing to eat flesh of a living thing a place who has non traceable asparagus.
Speaker 1: Just complete obnoxiousness.
Speaker 2: Now, on the other hand, there might be the other version of the obnoxiousness that just wants greasy pizza. O, don't care about any.
Speaker 1: Of that liberal food. Give me real cheese. The guy that wants the.
Speaker 2: Thirty two ounce steak, or it's not real food if you ordered, if you ordered the side of green beans, you're gay, like okay, so only gay people eat vegetables and care about their arteries that are just like you're making fun of every possible vegan option. Just if you try to eat something remotely healthy, you're ruining it for everybody. You don't want to go out because I'm an American and Americans eat steak, okay.
Speaker 1: And if you affect though, you.
Speaker 2: Got to figure out how to make all these people happy. Now let me, let me throw a wrinkle into this. In this scenario, what if I was the obnoxious vegan, if my tour in this crew of collective, if we were the obnoxious vegans, and we put Effecto in charge, and Effecto ain't a vegan at all, but we knew if we stop voting.
Speaker 1: For him, he would lose his power.
Speaker 2: Now in this scenario, Effecto in real life would be like, well, it ain't that serious to me, y'all.
Speaker 1: Okay, whatever, do what y'all want.
Speaker 2: It's fine, I don't have to have this position. I'll figure out something on everyone. But if it was that important to effect though, then he would have to go against his conscience or we would have to not know his conscience. He would have to just do whatever we told him because we put him in charge. And if we as a majority collective and even a coalition, if I've grabbed a couple other people from the other tour busses, let's just say this is a roll a loud tour and it's a bunch of different acts, you know, And I've grabbed other busses and made y'all understand that Effecto is the guy. If that coalition breaks up, he stops being the guy because he don't have no majority. That is what it's like to run Israel.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it next.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna talk to you about I can't believe I got there, the structure of Israeli government, the position that Yahoo's in, and to help maybe add some logic, not justification, fam but logic to what's happening over there. And it's hard because if you're American, you grew up since elementary knowing American politics and every government don't function like ours. Like the rest of the world is familiar with how governments work everywhere else, not America. We are we know us, and even us that know us don't really know us very well.
Speaker 1: We're just not.
Speaker 2: The more you travel, you more you understand that we are just not as informed as the rest of the world. Like can you tell me Canadian political history, but Canada can tell us ours. I've stepped foot in Cameroon on the armpit of Africa. I say armpit because just look at the shape of the horn, like the shape of Africa. It's like Cameroon was right up in the armpit and they was asking me when I was there about the election between Barack Obama and John McCain like they was speaking articulately in this broken French creole about it. I'm like, listen, anyway, they have a parliamentary democracy and you have to form political coalitions.
Speaker 1: I'm explaining what all this means in a second to help you understand this.
Speaker 2: It's like this if if you have a code, right any in my mind common sense, like if you just not really worried about power and maintaining power to the point to where it causes you to break your code, then you'd understand that there are some things that just ain't worth it. The juice ain't worth the squeeze. There are some favors that come at too high of a price. When you're from the city, grew up in the hood, you may have an uncle that could come solve a problem for you. You may have a cousin, maybe your big brother, your big sister, and let's be real, sometimes it's your big sister or sometimes your little brother could come solve a.
Speaker 1: Problem you have at lunch.
Speaker 2: But that solving of that problem comes at a cost that oh man, I'm talking to my hood folks. You understand some of them uncles you can't call some of them cousins, you cannot call like, I can't be cause it's gonna cause me mold problems. When we did the let the the very the second you wasn't outside episode about how the way that Jimmas did what Jimas did as far as like in the same example of my homeboy's cousin and because his mom was having an issue with the mechanic, I've gave an example for his mom was having an issue with a mechanic and she had her nephew come handle the situation, and he elevated the thing to a place that I can't even get into specifics. It's like, damn, okay, I have to remember not to ask you for help. You go solve it, but this ain't this may not be worth it. So when you got a code and that code requires you to align with some people that go against your code, that have views that you try your best to like get your head around, but you know deep down you don't really mess with them like that, but they are necessary for you to stay in place. Going back to the effecto example, effecto is like it is not that serious.
Speaker 1: If you feel that serious.
Speaker 2: About it, you're gonna make the whole room have to go to the place that only you and two of your friends, Like, did y'all figure that out? I don't want it. I don't need this. I don't care. I'm here to DJ right, you got a code? Oh man, Listen, I'm gonna talk to all of my like this to my assist gendered heterosexual men. I'm speaking to y'all because that's the experience. I know you can if this applies to other people, listen. I don't like speaking about stuff I don't really know. This is why I choose the topics I choose and the examples I choose because I don't listen I like. So this isn't to exclude any other intersection of people.
Speaker 1: It's just it's not my experience.
Speaker 2: I can speak from my experience in a much more authoritative way. And I'm saying, fellas, listen, I'm happily married. You know what I'm saying. It's been fifteen years. I think my wife is fine as hell. Now listen, this is just the reality. If it was just about being fine as hell, you know, Like, I know you in a committed relationship.
Speaker 1: You got you a nice little both thing that loves you, treat you right, it's bodies everywhere. It's fine women everywhere.
Speaker 2: If, of course, there are girls that I think are more attractive, if we're just talking about that and are available all buddy, But that juice ain't worth to squeeze because listen, it's boties everywhere.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Fellas, Listen, you found you you gotta you better work that out. You understand y'all having issues. You in a communityation, y'all have issues.
Speaker 2: Fight for it, bro Hey, Look, and if you find out at the end of that fight that that juice ain't worth the squeeze, y'all come to the conclusion that like this ain't working, then make your move, shoot your shots, do what you gotta do. But you need to be able to say, hey, listen, don't be risking it all big doll. I'm telling you man, Hey, look, look, nah, I ain't gonna get that crash. But listen, fellas, you knew what I was finna say. I mean by getting crash, it's booties everywhere. It's fine women everywhere. If that's all you worried about, bruh, then that ain't gonna that ain't gonna keep you when y'all fighting, it's gotta be moting that.
Speaker 1: Like it's moting that again.
Speaker 2: I think my wife won't find as women on earth, but I love her for moting that we got something going here.
Speaker 1: You understand I'm saying that juice ain't worth the squeeze. Listen. I throw parties.
Speaker 2: I throw parties in Los Angeles, California, Long Beach, California. Fam everybody's a ten. Don't you understand that? Like, do you dephrase California ten? I'm around Cali ten's all the time. It's not about with that though, It's got to be about something more, Fellas. Okay, I know I may sound like an old man, but I'm trying to tell you bre that juice ain't worth the squeeze. Now, obviously, if y'all got some worked out, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about you just trying to like get you a little side piece together. Listen, I just be real with your lady, like you're not trying to be exclusive no more or just you know, work it out and if it don't work out, then you're gonna move on. But if the juice ain't worth the squeeze, fellas, you ain't trying to go through You ain't trying to go through it. Brea, you ain't trying to be out here. Sounded like USh, these are my confession.
Speaker 1: Anyway, y'all don't listen to me. What do I know?
Speaker 2: So the point I'm trying to make is there are some choices that put you in a position where you have to make a cost benefit analysis about is the cost of this choice worth the benefits and whatever those calculations are.
Speaker 1: You are now doing politics.
Speaker 2: This is how you're also doing economics in business. But for the sake of our discussion right now, this is politics in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: That's global.
Speaker 2: Like if we're talking about a modern nation state, this is what happens. You have to bargain, you have to throw around weight, you have to like give a little take a little figure out like how these friendships work, and what's a way to get what you want or what you think is best for your constituents.
Speaker 1: That's in theory how it all works. Now.
Speaker 2: In Israel, they have a system that's.
Speaker 1: Similar in some ways.
Speaker 2: It's still democracy air quotes, just like our democracy is air quotes of democracy, but it's different. They have a parliamentary government, their parliament, which what we would call our like legislative branch. It's one hundred and twenty of them and they're called a kanesset. Now they have political parties. One of the things that causes our problems is we ain't got but two of them right now. The two of them is we've talked about this before, it in the when I had that.
Speaker 1: It's not so much that we only have two.
Speaker 2: We only have two that matter, and inside of those two we are delusional about how considering the politics and where they are now, those are clearly there's four because inside of each of our main two are two other one. But we've we've been going along like this for so long. The money is too the money flow is too easy. You can't unplug the computer right now like it would be. It would cause a complete crash. So nobody want to unplug the thing because the system is working for those who is working for which is not us obviously as in the people, because we both have two choices that neither of us really won't listen. The vast majority of Republicans don't like Trump. That's just who they got and they like that's our guy. I don't no a Democrat that likes Joe Biden. It's just this what we got now. We don't have the cults of personality that the Republicans have to where there are some stuff that they just say that's like, all right, you've thrown out the map, You're off the rails. Like what you're saying don't even make sense. You just trying to stay good with your boy, right and your boy is clearly.
Speaker 1: Out of here.
Speaker 2: In the Democrat side, we just got a dude who, like I said, is a large cheese pizza that just frustrates us at every moment. But it's better than a large piece of cat poop pizza, and that's your only defense.
Speaker 1: So it's frustrating right now.
Speaker 2: But back to their political parties, they have eleven of them.
Speaker 1: So the nuances of.
Speaker 2: Trying to make the Republicans say one thing. You got the Margie Taylor Green's of the world, and then you got the Mitt.
Speaker 1: Romney's of the world. They couldn't be on They're on different planets.
Speaker 2: You have the Karen Basses of California, you got the you know, Auntie Kamala's, the Joe Biden's, and then you have the AOC's you know, in il Han's who are like, bam, can we like step into the future. You have defund and fund the police in the same party. They're far away things. Israel decided to stop lying about it. We are different parties, and each of these parties have sort of their ideological feelings that lead we just again, we just say that is a progressive Democrat, that is a liberal, that is a centrist. But you're all still Democrats, right, They're like, well, we're clearly not the same thing.
Speaker 1: So you have eleven of them.
Speaker 2: Now it would be absurd of me to try to name them, because it doesn't They're not the point. But you'd say it like this, like, so you have the party that net Yahoo's from. It's it's the ideologies like neo Zionism, conservatism. Now, because of what's going on, you would understand what we mean by Zionism. But then you got dudes that are like in the opposition party, right, so, and that means, which I'm gonna get into it later, like those are the dudes that said, like, if the president's a Democrat, the opposition would be got it. I don't have to tell you, right, So you have the liberal Zionism, secularism, you have religious conservatism.
Speaker 1: You have liberal.
Speaker 2: Zionism, not neo Zionism conservatism. You have liberal Zionism, you have religious Zionism, you have religious conservative, hardy non Zionism, like you have all these different types of ways to cut what they mean by conservative. Now when we say Zionism, I'm sure you guys are well read enough to know what we mean by Zionism. We are talking about the legitimacy of a Jewish state in.
Speaker 1: The homeland of Israel.
Speaker 2: The religious ones you like, again using your logic, wouldn't mean that they believe this is God's will. We are God's chosen people. Got promised us way back to Abraham. He promised us this land, right you know wells you did not dig I'm talking Abraham, Isaac and Jacob like I'm talking your Old Testament, Bible, sowre drills, which was you know if you came from the Black Church, these things you had to do, like you know, all this stuff.
Speaker 1: They believe that they.
Speaker 2: Are the continuation of this this is God's will. Don you have liberal Zionism. That's like, no, nigga, Like, what are you talking about? I mean, maybe I guess if it gives us power. They're like nah fooh, like we fought a war and won this of course is we believe we should be here. We're still Zionists like Israel needs a homeland, but you gotta fight for.
Speaker 1: It, and god, nigga, like, what are you talking about? Right?
Speaker 2: So those are like the secular one, these are ways for which then you have the anti Zionists that are like, yeah, I believe we're a country, but fam, we can't just wipe out the indigenous. What you're doing in Palestine is verifiably wrong. I don't know if you knew that there is that sort of diversity of views inside of Israel. Now, why I brought up efecto being the selected prime minister of what we're gonna eat and why his job is hard comes into right.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Okay, you have eleven parties and who the people vote for. Now nowadays you vote for the prime minister, but before that you voted for the president and the members of the Kanesset, which is their cabinet, right or not not their cabinet, which is their legislative branch. Let me ask you this, who is Israel's president wrong? It's it's isak Herzog. That's the president. You ain't know that, did you. That's because the president don't do nothing. The man's a figurehead. What that man's job is is to get elected, to kiss babies, to sign bills, and to elect the one who won't really do the job, which is the Prime minister.
Speaker 1: He do the hard work. And that person is the person.
Speaker 2: Who's been in the news this whole time, Benjamin that and Yahoo. Now, it's not like America, where once you get elected you just go pick your cabinet members, Like do we have did we have any say in?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who's who's the black dude, the neurosurgeon that Trump elected, the sleepy face black dude, Like I can't even I'm not even I'm not even gonna look up his name because I know y'all know who I'm talking about. We ain't get a saying that the president ELECXI. That's not how it works out there. They have a again, a parliamentary system. So it's a democratic I'm gonna give you a like Britannica Encyclopedia Britannica answer. So it's a democratic form of government in which the party. Now I'm gonna talk about the coalition of parties, which is what happens with effecto with the greatest representation of the parliament or the legislator forms the government. Its leader becomes the Prime Minister. Then Yahoo and its executive functions are exercised by the members of the Parliament appointed by the Prime Minister to the cabinet. The parties in the minority serve as opposition to the majority and they have the duty to challenge it regularly. Prime ministers may be removed from power when they lose the confidence of the majority of the ruling party. The parliamentary system originated in Britain Okay, and it was an adopted by a lot of its former colony. Now what does that mean in theory? It avoids what we've been going through in America because once you get elected, you will have to have a majority of the Kannesset, meaning your party that you got elected from has to be the majority. So if there's one hundred and twenty people in the Kannesset, to be you need to have sixty one dudes from yr squad. But remember Isak got elected in theory again because there it's a little wonky, but they voted on net. Yahoo also now it's Netting Yahoo's job to make sure that of all the eleven parties that he got in the majority. Now, let me ask you this, is it easier you think if there's two crews or eleven crews to get a majority, Because if it's two, you don't have to really wheel and deal.
Speaker 1: It's just it's fifty to fifty. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I just need to get one of y'all to come to my side, just need that one more than you do.
Speaker 1: It's fine, it's fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: It would be just like if you were going on again, if Effecto and me was hanging out right, it's just or Effecto, me and one more person. It's like, oh, it's only three of us. So it's just it would be two against one. It's not hard, right, you're not convincing. But once you add more people, you add more opinions. And in pretty much the history of Israel, no one party has ever had a full majority. So if you don't have a majority, you can't what's called form a government, which is select your cabinet members the minister or is the minister this you can't do the work of the government until you have a majority. I don't care if you was elected. And this was my experience because when I went to Israel and Palestin for the first time, it was in twenty nineteen, Benjamin and Yahoo got elected again. But they was like, this is our fifth time voting for this because he can't form a government. I was like, what does that mean. It's like he can't get a majority. I was like, what does that mean? So I didn't understand this because I'm like, well, if you elected, you elected. That's because again I grew up in American politics. This means is this, you get elected, they choose you your party again, because it's divided by eleven, say it rather than divided by two or divided by three.
Speaker 1: Is harder.
Speaker 2: So that means you got to convince more people. And a lot of times these people you convincing. You don't really mess with like that. But you cannot do this job. You can't be the prime minister or where we eat, you cannot choose our meal unless you convince most of us that you that do, which also means think about it like this. When you campaign, you can't go too hard at the ops because I need to convince some of y'all that like I could be kind of like your guy, you know, So you can't go too hard at the op. You gotta be like be able to approach a lot of different views, which means I may or may not know as.
Speaker 1: The voting public where you stand. I know you somewhere around this area.
Speaker 2: But because if you get put on, you're gonna have to form a coalition. You can't just you can't just stay on your core fan base, you feel me.
Speaker 1: You gotta be able to like be cool with other fan bases.
Speaker 2: Which, again in concept, sounds great that you that now the more people you gotta convince, the harder it becomes. So that meant that to form a government you have to do what's called a coalition, which means I now got to go sit down with ten of them other parties and figure out how I can get you on. Now your remember, your team ain't win. But who can I talk to that's close enough to my team?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Who if you were again, if you was effecto, who's like, well, who can I talk to that is at least a pescatarian who at least ain't gonna flip the tables if they sell flesh? There right, the crew, the homies. You know, I'd like listen. We all know, like listen. Effecto's the best at it. But Effecto. For Effecto to be the best at it and for us to actually listen to him, you got to convince more most of us. I'm already listen again, I was the president in this thing. Remember in that scenario, I selected Effecto because this is my tour. I selected Effecto. I'm isak Fecto's BB. Now what Effecto gotta do is convince the rest of the tour. He ain't gotta convince everybody, because again, you're gonna have your vegan. We ain't gonna ever be happed. I ain't got to you the opposition. You gonna always be the op or let's change it. You are the the red meat and red meat only guy. You want a steakhouse. I already know that's what you want. I can't convince you. You ain't gonna change your mind.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. But we've all agreed.
Speaker 2: If the majority of us, if just by one, are down with what he's saying. Did he get to do this? He has officially formed a government. And what happened with Benjamin NETANYAHUO was. He failed five times. He could not get and they had to keep voting. They had to keep running new elections because he couldn't form a government.
Speaker 1: So you had.
Speaker 2: To meet with these people, convince them, make concessions, agree to stuff that you don't necessarily mess with, but maybe you do. Maybe they just bold enough to say the stuff that you're not willing to say.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you, Benjamin Nann Yahoo.
Speaker 2: You facing some serious charges that if you lose power, just like your own boy Trump, you might go to jail. You might be facing some trials, big dog. You got some corruption situations going. And maybe there weirdos that the absolute angry vegans or whichever scenario you want to look at it, the weird meet only people have said, now listen, I'll be on your side. This is what I need from you? Is the juice worth to squeeze? And this is what happened with Benjamin then Yahoo. He formed a coalition government with other parties that gave him the majority to be able to stay in power. Now, who were those people? He worked with?
Speaker 1: The extreme ream far right.
Speaker 2: He had to in order to form his coalition government to be able to stand in power, he had to mess with the people that are like river to the sea and reverse that draw maps including like Syria and Jordan and calling it Israel. He talked about the people that the shoosting that we seeing in Palestine, the ones that ain't got no problem with that, that said, we should have done this a long time ago. Had we wiped them out earlier, this wouldn't be no dog on problem. The folks who the folks who went ahead agreed with East Jerusalem and gave Palestine that area and then set up the Israeli settlements out there. That was like, that's yours, but this part of that, this part of what's yours is actually ours, because really it's none of it is yours, and it shouldn't be in the first place. I don't understand why negotiating y'all in the first place, the extremest versions he had to side with in order to create the coalition so he could form a government, so he could do the job. So the question remains, Bibe, is this really what you believe? So because yo, homies, they have no problem what's going on in Gaza, matter of fact, they think we ten years behind, is that really where you stand? Because every time we ask you. You talk like it is, so we're going do you really believe this or are you doing this just to stay in power?
Speaker 1: Or is it a little bit of both. Here's the problem.
Speaker 2: If you're doing it to stay in power, any hope of quailing some sort of opposition, which is again it's the oppositions, the opposite party. It's their job to poke at your choices, which, again in design in concept, seems great. You need someone who's designated job. Every friend needs it, Every creative needs this. Really, every creative needs somebody that's going to come in here and pull all your ideas. Not be petty about it, but be real about it, to be like. You need somebody if you record in music to be like that shit is trash, Hey, homie, like them, ain't bars them sound like dad joke? Like. You need somebody to come in here and tell you that because it's gonna push you to greatness.
Speaker 1: That's how you get the best ideas out. You can't have a.
Speaker 2: Group of yes men. That's how you become Kanye. You need people that will tell you no. I believe the second you stop having people around you that tell you no, that's when your soul breaks break My soul. Your soul breaks when people stop telling you no. That's how your brain breaks. That's how you lose your conscience. You need people to tell you no. So in design, it's a great idea, but it also sets up a scenario where again, you can't be in power forever. And if you go too far off the rails, you gonna lose the public. Now, once you lose the public, they gonna run into somebody's hands. Oh oh, oh, fellas, let me use it again. You start taking that lady for granted. You start running around here looking at all these other buddies. Oh, she got a friend, fellas, Listen, you know other fellas again, I'm talking sis gender boy. She has a guy best friend who knowsverything you done, everything you done, done wrong. Listen unless her best friend or best her best guy friend is a gay man who really, honestly, truthfully, is not attracted to her.
Speaker 1: You in trouble brouh.
Speaker 2: You can't go off the rails, homie, because look, she got a friend. She got a friend that's listening, that listen better than you, that knows how to active listen, knows how to not interrupt her, knows how to pay attention to her needs. Sir, you gonna run that woman into his arms. I'm trying to tell you right now, baby, you better don't go off the rails because because you're trying to make the homies happy.
Speaker 1: All nigga, that's what happens. You trying to make the homies happy.
Speaker 2: You trying to stay cool with your boys going out. They got bottle service, were going out all baby.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, like, look I do a say, Okay, go ahead, go ahead, go out. Boys gonna keep you warm at night. Nigga, you better learn how to.
Speaker 2: You better figure out what if this juice is worth to squeeze, so you gonna push somebody all the way out you and if you push them out, guess what, you gonna lose your job anyway, because guess what they gonna do what they have the right to do, which is called for another election because we have no confidence in your government. Guess what's happening in Israel right now. You can't go too far because trying to please these weirdos. Effecto, Trying to please these weirdos got us in roadhouse steak shack where the vegetable is a potato nigga like effecto, Like, bro, you just trying to make that fool happy. Now, nobody you trying to make this person happen. You at we over here at a breath restaurant, nigga like out here, just because no nobody, because you because plants hurt too, even us trying to eat this lettuce and shit the let us get feel pain. So now none of us can really eat because you're trying to You trying to please the breathian over here, bro, and you can't.
Speaker 1: And in this case, now I'm being silly. Now, in this case, what this has.
Speaker 2: Cost us is thirty thousand Palestinian lives in a world where your homies don't want a two state solution, which means that And I'm gonna say, like, listen to my words.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need you to please listen to this.
Speaker 2: I've said it many times, but I need to say it in these no uncertain terms. The way that Israel is going about this war. Everybody of research shows that this will either create a new extremist group or you are going to, like I said, you're gonna run these people into the arms of the extremists.
Speaker 1: You're fighting right now. If your role.
Speaker 2: If your only hope was to create peace, this is the opposite way to do it. You are guaranteeing more problems. If your goal was the complete eradication of all the problems that you have with these people, you're trying to wipe out this thought, which is what your extremist homies are saying.
Speaker 1: You gotta wipe them out.
Speaker 2: You should have sense enough to know that the the only way to wipe them out, the only Listen, listen, y'all, please hear what I'm saying. Your only solution is genocide because of the route you went, because there is no after this that there's what is?
Speaker 1: What do you do when the shooting stops.
Speaker 2: You have millions of people who no doubtedly have lost their babies, their brothers, their sisters. There's no there's no universities, that the nursing women have stopped producing milk, there's the trauma in the children, there are no buildings left. When you stop shooting, you expect these people to be like, thanks for stop shooting, I'm glad this is over. So now what do you want to do? No? You, these people will never ever ever trust you, y'all. If you if your goal is what this coalition is telling you to do yo, y'all only solution is to kill all of them. And guess what, even that ain't gonna solve your problem. I'm just telling you history that ain't gonna solve your problem. Do you think that if Nazi Germany eradicated every Jew on Earth, that that would have solved their problem, that that would have gave them the gave the Nazi Party the peace and the success that they believed they wanted to or do you think even them trying to do it invoked the entire planet to like, I mean the World War, Well maybe not the entire planet because Africa wasn't involved. Let's remember that, right.
Speaker 1: But you just this is the quickest way to have no friends.
Speaker 2: I just you gonna you you trying to please the weirdos and I can't help. But wonder if you wanted them, and if you are one of them, There's no way in the world you can stay in power because these weirdos want stuff that your population don't.
Speaker 1: I'm listening to the population because I really want to know.
Speaker 2: What Israel thing Israel like, Can you just get the fucking hostages you brought us back?
Speaker 1: Four hostages? It was beautiful.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy you did, and you killed two hundred and seventy people on the way out. I don't understand why you think that's what we want. Who is you listening to? And if that's what you won't again invoking the Amalekites. My dude, I'm not vote for you again. You not what I thought you were, Bruh. Forming a coalition government is like trying to figure out what everybody gonna eat because you need to get the majority on your side.
Speaker 1: But if the cost of getting.
Speaker 2: The majority on your side means we gotta go to Nazi Burger's genocide tacos, maybe you shouldn't want that majority of politics. All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pot. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in Eastlows, boil Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off, get yourself some Coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski Killing the Beast Softly. Check out his website Matdowsowski dot com. I'm a spell it for you because I know M A T. T O S O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat. Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and nobly mattow Sowski. Still killing the beats softly, So listen. Don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.