Speaker 1: We'll be Baby.
Speaker 2: Dead Ass podcast was like a woman who got a haircut, Baby, she about to change a life.
Speaker 3: Ellis ever After is live.
Speaker 4: It all started with real talk, unfiltered, honest and straight from the heart. Since then, we've gone on to become Webby award winning podcasters in New York Times bestselling authors.
Speaker 2: Dead Ass was more than a podcast for us. It was about our growth, a place where we could be vulnerable, be wrang.
Speaker 1: Of course, but most apportly be us.
Speaker 2: But as we know, life keeps evolving, and so do we and through it all, one thing has never changed.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 3: Because we got a lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: So let's get for the Maybe we'll start with story time. It's been such a long time.
Speaker 2: It's been a long time. Yeah, story time is next.
Speaker 1: Boom story Time.
Speaker 4: I'm actually gonna take us back to twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: You typically take us back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got to take us back back in the time, right twenty eighteen. Kadeen and I are in the mixt of developing our social media presence. Yes, and we were doing a bunch of battle of the sexist ideas. And I remember I had did a video about resetting your freak. Yeah, and it went viral, and then from going viral. I remember our manager at the time came to us and it was just like, have you guys ever thought about having a podcast?
Speaker 1: And I was like, podcast, what's the podcast?
Speaker 4: And then she explained to us what a podcast was, and you and I were like, Yo, this would be a dope way for us to give our perspectives on marriage from a woman's perspective and then a man's perspective, and then we can actually have a little bit of a battle.
Speaker 1: It was funny, it was supposed to be in jest.
Speaker 3: It was like taking the comments section, yes the microphone.
Speaker 4: You know, but literally taking the comment section to the microphone. And we also had the idea of building this out to become a talk show for you because you've always had this dream of being a daytime TV host.
Speaker 3: Absolutely still a dream.
Speaker 1: Still it's still a dream.
Speaker 4: But as technology changes, as the industry changes, as the topics of conversation change, so have we. So welcome, everybody, Welcome to the first episode of Elis Ever After.
Speaker 2: Yeah, baby, all right, all right, first karaoke of the season.
Speaker 3: Baby first.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm gonna make it very clear.
Speaker 4: We chose a very difficult song for karaoke because it just fits us so perfectly.
Speaker 1: This is this is what we do, This is who we are. We challenge ourselves.
Speaker 2: Absolutely kill people's songs for a living. You would think it's my job at this point to do terrible.
Speaker 1: Do we really kill people songs like that? I don't feel like we be killing the songs.
Speaker 3: I know sometimes I just don't know the words. Well, you you'll be tend to a little pitchy, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, pitchy is part of it. I mean, it's karaoke. Pitchy is part of the karaoke experience.
Speaker 2: Well, some person goes up to do karaokey, they're singing like Mariah Carey, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Just like you did that on purpose, right, It's not He's not supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be You can't be a professional singer. I agree with you on that.
Speaker 4: But I say all of that to say, give me some grace on this as I sing this.
Speaker 3: All right, go for it, practice and I'm gonna let you ride.
Speaker 4: Shout out to the artist who sang this song, indeed, because she is one of the greatest.
Speaker 6: There we go, birds flying high, you know how I feel? Mm hmmmm hmm. Sun in the sky.
Speaker 1: You know how.
Speaker 3: Healthy period breathing what.
Speaker 1: Breathe sifting on by? You know how I feel.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's a new dawn. It's a new day.
Speaker 1: It's a new life for me. Yeah, it's a new this a new day. It goes to pitch period, it's a new life for me. He was, and I'm feeling good.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Oh my God, one of my favorite whole songs. I'm not gonna say the other person because he tripping right now. The whole song is otis Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. Where they sampled Nina Simon and shout out to Nina Simon.
Speaker 1: But we are feeling good?
Speaker 3: Man, You are not feeling good, dawn. It's a new.
Speaker 1: Day, trouble. Are you're feeling good? I'm feeling alright.
Speaker 3: Listen, you gotta feel bad than all right, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You gotta feel you gotta feel good, man. Are you feeling good?
Speaker 5: Feeling good?
Speaker 1: Y'all? Are you feeling good?
Speaker 7: I'm tiring, y'all.
Speaker 3: I knew that was coming. You're coming from the West coast time.
Speaker 1: Okay, Josh got off of a flight this morning.
Speaker 4: So what we're gonna do, right, now we're gonna take a quick break's some bills.
Speaker 1: And get back into the new format.
Speaker 4: Is everybody knowing that some things are different around here Deadass podcast because.
Speaker 1: It's no longer dead Ass podcast.
Speaker 2: It's not Baby Ellis After. Welcome, Welcome to the new sets. Welcome to our home, new space, new energy, new vibes, new topics. Baby, we're just getting started. Stick around, We'll be back, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So we're back.
Speaker 4: We have a new segment as we introduce the crew, who y'all really already know. Anybody who's been following dead Ass podcasts and been a part of the Patreon y'all are going to know these people. We're gonna introduce, first and foremost our producer, Extraordinary over there.
Speaker 1: What's up, trouble, what's going on, y'all? I'm glad I still have a job. You got, but what we're excited to have you.
Speaker 4: How does it feel to actually be officially part of the Ellis ever After podcasts?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 8: It feels like the best revenge in the world. When I first started working on Dead Ass, my boss at the time was like, You're not gonna have your own show, and I was like, dang.
Speaker 1: I didn't even ask, like, I didn't even It's messed up but cool. But look at me now, bitch that I love that. I love that.
Speaker 4: Yo, Matt, Yo, you gotta talk to us a little bit, man, Now, let us know how we got here.
Speaker 1: You don't talk ever, You always the down behind the camera.
Speaker 5: Everybody when they see this's gonna be like I just happened.
Speaker 7: People.
Speaker 4: It is Elis ever After and you are officially an Ellis not because we got married or anything but.
Speaker 5: Birth.
Speaker 1: But shout out to Matt Man.
Speaker 4: Matt is going to start getting from the camera because he has a couple of opinions he wanted to talk about, and we've seen on the After Show and last but certainly not least a person who actually is responsible for curating the Look of Dead Ass podcast before our engagement shoot in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 3: How many years in are we Josh this, Josh?
Speaker 4: How many years is it feels like the sixteen Josh?
Speaker 1: Talk to us? How you feel officially be a part of Ellis of Rafter podcast.
Speaker 9: I feeling good, baby, Yeah. I like the evolution of it all. I like the look. I like the grown and sexy look.
Speaker 4: It's dope, man, grown and Sexy Baby were grown and Sexy finalist point we are I'm still trying to grow up.
Speaker 1: I feel like a kid, like I ain't even gonna hold y'all. I feel like a kid A lot.
Speaker 3: Of that's very true.
Speaker 2: And if you take a look at those four young men standing in there, I still every day it blows my mind that I have four children, four sons, responsible for four human beings.
Speaker 3: It's so crazy to me.
Speaker 1: Look at us, and look at you.
Speaker 4: See the V, we the V and ever ever because you were stuck with me forever, know that.
Speaker 3: Four M V not M like Josh tried to say, it's a V.
Speaker 1: Bro. I never saw a M you saw. I never saw my only sor V.
Speaker 9: I got a text message where Kadeen agreed with me, so let's not play.
Speaker 3: It looks like an R.
Speaker 1: Ellis raft.
Speaker 2: I know it's Ellis ever After, but I can see why somebody might say it's an M.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll take it with you. Let's get back to the show. We actually have a new segment, all right. The new segment that we're going to include is called OP or no opp. Now, it's not the OP that y'all think. The thing the op y'all thinking of is the ops right? No, we're not talking about opposition. We're talking about opinions right. The reason why we're introducing op or no opps because we want to start a new trend here in LS ever after, and it's not always having an opinion just because.
Speaker 1: You have an opinion.
Speaker 4: How about people start having opinions when they're educated on the topic.
Speaker 2: We love that. We kind of got the idea from social media, right because people post. People say, well, I'm free to comment in the comment section because if you posted about it, I should be able to say what I feel about it, which is entirely true.
Speaker 3: Yes, but at some point people just can shut up, you know what I'm saying, and you don't have.
Speaker 2: To always have something to say about everything. So that's where OP and no op can Yes.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna allow Trible to get us started.
Speaker 4: So with Opera no opp what we do is we don't listen to the topics beforehand.
Speaker 1: We want it to be as real as possible.
Speaker 4: So Trible comes up with the ops the same way she comes up with the facts and stats.
Speaker 1: So Trible's on you, baby, aren't you?
Speaker 7: Y'all?
Speaker 1: For us today for op no op.
Speaker 8: The first topic. I think everybody will be having an opinion on this one. I shaved my legs recently.
Speaker 4: God, you see what I'm saying. I have an opinion about this. I am, I have an opinion, but I'm gonna let you go first.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of you, Trible. I mean, that was like the one that was like the one thing that I.
Speaker 2: Was like, girl, like, I get it, but come on.
Speaker 1: Now, it's not even like a queer thing. It's just lazy. I don't feel like doing it right.
Speaker 4: So that I was gonna ask. I was gonna ask, like missing my opinion, what's gonna be a question? Did you not shave your legs in solidarity with your queerness or.
Speaker 1: Was it just like I don't feel like fucking saving my legs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was definitely in solidarity with my lazyness.
Speaker 1: This whole time, I thought she was making a bigger point. This is why you can't have an opinion on anything.
Speaker 3: Because you don't even know the reason.
Speaker 1: Because I know what the reason.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: I've seen Trible, you know, come here and I'm like, hey, Trea, listens de Voe's birthday, for example, make sure you bring a little outfit to wear because we're gonna go out for dinner. And I mean trible, beautiful face hit done here, done.
Speaker 3: Dressed, body yachtying and all that. And then it's like you do the skin down to the knee, wolf, kneecat wolf and you got a little further down and I'm like, trible girl. You know I'll be rocking with you. But baby, that's the one thing so I am proud of. Is it smooth? Is it better than you thought it would be?
Speaker 1: I mean I used to shame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I might be a little little bit, a little.
Speaker 1: Bit little hair, don't stop, nothing but a comb. I guess the holes love it.
Speaker 3: Love it. I mean I guess it's like a point of like, you know, caressing for me. It's not me.
Speaker 4: You you waxed, shave there, do whatever you gotta do down there.
Speaker 1: You let it, let it happen.
Speaker 4: I don't want to feel like myself, you know what I'm saying, matt op no op.
Speaker 5: On, no opinion? Sorry, got nothing next.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Something I found really interesting. Have you heard of Dave Ramsey.
Speaker 8: He's a conservative radio host and he's a financial wizard.
Speaker 1: He's written a lot of books.
Speaker 8: And he recently got a question on his radio show about whether owning multiple properties is greed for a Christian, and I thought his answer was very very interesting.
Speaker 10: I own I don't know, I don't even know fifteen twenty houses among a bunch of commercial real estate as well. How is that not greed? Because I don't earn anything. I'm a Christian and that means God owns it and I'm managing it for him. So I guess you're calling God greedy. Now, Wow, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: That's loaded too.
Speaker 4: I actually do have an opinion to have an opinion that I find that people, not just Christians, because people tend to say that Christians like to only use the Bible when it's convenient. I feel like people in general like to use the Bible when it's convenient.
Speaker 1: And unless you've done the.
Speaker 4: Theological work necessary to be able to explain what the Bible meant, you shouldn't be given an opinion on the Bible.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: As far as when it comes to greed, right, I agree with him on this. All of these big companies buying up properties and raising the pricing market that the housing market, that is affecting the housing market. But I also agree TikTok, like every other format, tends to, you know, sensationalize things. It may raise the housing market possibly three percent. They're going to say it's thirty percent. And I feel like his opinion does matter because you can't just blame God for everything right. So when things don't go right in your life, is God full. When things do go right in your life is god ful. But God also says what faith without works is dead, which means we have to put the work in. So at some point, as a person, you have to take accountability. Always blaming God, whether it's good or bad. To me, it's just a bad thing to do. You have to take accountability. He's right, having too much of anything is greedy if your spirit is greedy. But if you have too much of one thing in order to help present an opportunity to other people, what if you own these houses and you put it for low income people where you're not making as much money. Yeah, you own the houses, but you're not being greedy. Being greedy is owning all the houses and only making it affordable to people who can afford it, and not helping people. I don't think the amount makes it greed. I think it's the purpose behind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think greed is a mindset. Like you said, it's a spirit thing. And you know, you might just have these homes and you don't know how much that person is now able to tithe. You know, maybe they can tie and offer more because they have income from all these other all work to be able to sustain ourselves, of course, and then when you are blessed in abundance, you have a responsibility to help others, right, I agree. So if you are making residual income or you're making more money off of these investments, which is that's the point of business, right, then the way you go about helping others really speaks more to your spirit than anything.
Speaker 1: I agree, trip.
Speaker 8: I think that it was a clever way to defend capitalism using Christianity. I don't think he mentioned the Bible once because Jesus was famously a socialist, and there are plenty of stories in the Bible that preach against greed and selling your soul or your body for money or you know.
Speaker 1: Just being a moral for capital gain.
Speaker 8: And I don't think Dave Ramsey is using any of those homes to help anybody.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm personally, not talking about Dave. Yeah, his purpose is his purpose. But say, for example, Lebron James, he's got billions of dollars, but he opens up the I Promised School, so clearly he's gaining and using these resources to pay it forward. And that's why I feel like you can't use the Bible to bash capitalism, because you can also use the Bible like or you can use capitalism like Jesus did turn water into wine and shared it as opposed to turning water into wine and drinking it all himself.
Speaker 8: But the problem with the housing market is that everybody needs housing, yes, and everybody doesn't have housing because housing is privatized and people are using it to make a profit, to make their millions. So I think that being a landlord is almost inherently greedy unless you are giving people housing for what they can afford and not like driving housing prices through the roof.
Speaker 4: Like what's happening, right, understandable, I get what I do, get what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially as a renter now too, like you can probably see and be like, damn, you know you really don't have to be charged all this for rent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sir, Yeah, because all.
Speaker 8: The money I'm paying for rent and as many times as I've seen dog piss an elevator, I'll be wanting to go down to the rental office and beat up somebody.
Speaker 1: I should be able to do that.
Speaker 7: If you want to see dog piss. If your br is low, regardless.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I was going to say that, Yeah, I agree with you on that.
Speaker 7: For me, greed is about your desire. That's your mindset, your desire.
Speaker 9: It's not a number it is it is accumulating multiple things.
Speaker 5: For you knew the podcast.
Speaker 7: Oh my bad, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Help them out, man, help my.
Speaker 9: First day on the job. But but like I said, greed is about a mindset. It's about your desires and what your ultimate goal is. If your ultimate goal is to hoard and and not share, then that's greed. If you're collecting things and still sharing. But I'm I'm accumulating things because of my talent, because of my business, because of these things are coming to me because of what I've earned and what I've done to get them. Right, I'm not doing this to be poor. But at the same time, like if you're just like not sharing wealth or spreading it around or just doing it inherently like the corporations just to just to drive a market and to be profitable, and that that's great to me.
Speaker 1: I have a question. I'm gonna let you go, Matt.
Speaker 5: My initial thought was similar on the lines of yours. I think a lot of people try to weaponize the Bible and only use it to make their point. So sometimes when I hear anybody reference Biblical stuff with anything that's happened in the world to now. So he started talking about it once he started telling the Bible, I don't know how I feel because I, like you said, I'm not researching on that theory party theology part to actually understand and go back and forth on that discussion.
Speaker 1: All right, you brought up a good point, though, Josh.
Speaker 4: And even trouble, at what point does gaining enough resources to pay it for become greedy? Or is this something like like he said, it's inherently in your heart, you know what I'm saying, Like, if I want to live nice, other people's projection of that could be that I'm greedy because I want to live nice, right, Like some people may say, even for trouble, why do you care about dogs pissing in the elevator.
Speaker 1: You got an elevator. We live in a walk up. You just being greedy. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's like someone else who has less can always say to you, you're being greedy because you have more, right, And we have to start looking at people's hearts rather than the numbers.
Speaker 1: So that's just my final.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: You got one more trip, but that's it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well I have one more that's gonna lead us into the topic. Let us get it so on threads, recently, author and speaker Lovia Jay Jones posted tax podcast mics.
Speaker 1: Teriff then.
Speaker 8: Saying and that post guy over twenty five hundred likes and more than one hundred and seventy five reposts. And of course we've all seen this on social media. People say this all the time. People say shit like podcast equipment, she costs a million dollars.
Speaker 1: And I think.
Speaker 8: It's because of some of the bad takes and misogyny and pigmy culture and all of the isms and phobias that are being spread on podcasts. And so it makes me wonder, what do you think about well continuing to be podcasters with this type of sentiment going around or no, ip.
Speaker 1: I do have an opinion.
Speaker 4: First thing is, though misogyny is always brought up, right, what's the female.
Speaker 1: Word for misogyny? Miss Andrey? How can we never talk about that? Wait?
Speaker 5: Does it work?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: And while we never use it because in our culture today, men are not allowed to have opinions about anything, it's misogyny, but women can say whatever they want about anything.
Speaker 8: Well, it's like we don't call people saying white people smell like dogs.
Speaker 1: We don't call that racism. That don't mean that it's not racist though.
Speaker 8: Okay, but you know, so you get why because there's an imbalance of power.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's definitely an imbalance of power.
Speaker 4: But my thing is, as a person who's going on threads, who is making a comment about podcasts but only directing it towards one group of people, that's a problem because ultimately what she's saying is that men shouldn't have podcasts, and that's not fair. So that what you're saying is only women should have podcasts, mikes and opinions about things. But if you look at history, in the last couple of decades, women have had the most to say about things, right, and then women are also getting mad at other women for having things.
Speaker 1: That's how pickny culture became a thing. Right. You don't hear them call men pigmies, it's women picknies.
Speaker 4: But anytime a woman has an opinion that differs from the popular culture of most women, what do they call her a pigmy? Anytime a man has an opposing opinion to what the popular culture of women think, what do they call him misogynistic?
Speaker 1: How come there is nothing like that for women? That's my biggest part.
Speaker 3: Well, apparently there is a word, but we just never hear it.
Speaker 4: But you see what I'm saying, People don't even know what it is, the same way you have toxic masculinity.
Speaker 1: Right, So there's nothing toxic about women. There's nothing.
Speaker 4: There's no such word as toxic femininity. You want to know why, because toxic masculinity was created by women, and since they're the ones who are the only ones who allowed to have podcasts equipment, Now this is what's going to happen.
Speaker 11: Wait, so why anything about No, she didn't say, But they're famously been like Andrew Tate and a bunch of men who just go on podcasts and bash women or say things about about black.
Speaker 1: Women or men who have been because Andrew.
Speaker 8: Tate got accused of like sexual assault and then he fled the country.
Speaker 1: Those things are happening.
Speaker 4: Forget the podcast about just being jailed like why and he came back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is this is my biggest.
Speaker 8: And I don't know exactly what podcasts she was talking about. She didn't say anything about misogyny.
Speaker 5: She just said.
Speaker 1: All she said was tax podcast.
Speaker 8: Mikes and a lot of what I think, what I assume is because of some of the things that are being spread on podcasts. A lot of times it is misogyny, like the British dudes who let Andrew Schultz come on and talk about black women on his show.
Speaker 4: See but that's also that's also my point too, write we can get rid of the podcast equipment. All we want people have to use better discernment of what they listen to. Yes, you know what I'm saying, So forget the podcast equipment. Stop listening to stuff that it shows people in a bad light.
Speaker 2: It's also the clickbait worthy, you know, little thirty second clips of people saying wow stuff. It's almost like a competition for who could say the most fact you know, reactive or the most abrasive thing just to get viral views.
Speaker 4: But we can't tax podcast equipmentcause the ultimate we're doing is we're taxing people's ability to have free speech, which is anti American, which is part of the reason why people come to America is that they can speak openly. We don't even got to get started on that because but the biggest thing is though, like people should be allowed to have their opinions, other people should be smart enough to say, is this opinion valuable?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Andrew Tate comes on my screen, I automatically scrope up, like, like, that's not someone I'm going to allow access to my subconscious because I don't agree with what he says.
Speaker 1: But there's a group of people who do.
Speaker 3: Or what are the red balloons?
Speaker 2: Now, like that's it's not a podcast, but it's just like that's another thing.
Speaker 3: The minute I see a.
Speaker 1: Balloon, another every category has.
Speaker 3: I feel like the jokes are gonna nice.
Speaker 1: I do want to clarify something.
Speaker 8: The term toxic masculinity was coined by a man. Pretty sure it was, but you said women started it.
Speaker 1: Who say it the most? It was coined by a man. It was defined by a man.
Speaker 8: You said women created it, so I wanted fair.
Speaker 4: When you hear people talk about toxic masculinity, who says it the most, who's made it famous?
Speaker 1: I guess women.
Speaker 4: And my point is podcasts can't always be just men be talking bad on podcasts.
Speaker 3: I don't think the case.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 4: But when you hear what Trouble just said when reading the thing, it was misogyny, it was pick me culture. And I chose those two because misogyny is anti men, and pick me is also anti women who believe that men are right. So it's like we use those two examples as the reason why podcasts shouldn't be allowed. It's like, so pretty much what we're saying is that anything has anything to do with a men's perspective. A man's perspective is the reason why we should have podcast I think that's unfair.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody's perspective.
Speaker 2: After a while, it's almost like when I was a makeup artist, for example, right.
Speaker 3: After a while, the.
Speaker 2: Whole entire job of a makeup artist, I feel like, or the value that should saying a makeup artist started to diminish because it seemed like everybody that picked up a brush had a little Box.
Speaker 3: Was a makeup artist.
Speaker 2: So when you are performing at the top of your expertise and you want to demand a certain price tag for or your service, you now are getting undercut in the market because you have people who are now doing a phase for fifty dollars and making that the standard. Now your face don't look tore up. That's one thing, because you're not paying for the level of expertise again, but I think that that's the signum tanousy. What's happening in the podcast market us renewing a deal with iHeartRadio. It's like, can we demand the amount of money that we feel like we deserve being veterans in the game, Because now you have all these podcasts that they've poured money into that are not reaping the benefits that they thought they were going to get, not reaping the views and the listens.
Speaker 3: So now you're making it.
Speaker 2: Bad for other people who have literally been putting the blood, sweat and tears in for the.
Speaker 3: Past almost decade.
Speaker 2: We can't reap the benefits of that because now everyone with a microphone is a podcaster.
Speaker 4: I didn't think about that perspective, And to be honest, you're thinking from a financial perspective.
Speaker 3: I'm always thinking about the dollars.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: You gotta make sense.
Speaker 4: If they put a premium on podcast equipment and can't everybody get a podcast, then when people go to negotiate their deals, you wouldn't have to compete with the fact that everybody.
Speaker 2: Has a podcast, absolutely, and that will start to sift out all of the nonsense from people who really find value in whatever your podcast is.
Speaker 4: Never thought about it like that, I was thinking about censoring people. I'm anti censorship, like I don't. I don't think anybody should be censored, but I understand where you're coming from from the business standpoint.
Speaker 1: I do. I do feel you though, and I do feel you with what's the man named Andrew? What Andrew take?
Speaker 4: Certain people should not be allowed to say certain things, especially if it causes harm to other people.
Speaker 1: But like I said before, is that podcast equipment or is that jail? Because there are rules.
Speaker 4: And laws against that, right, Like, you should not be able to go online and say things that's going to cause harm to a different group of people, and they're allowing people to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nobody's policing the internet. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: So do we get that with getting rid of the podcast equipment, or do we have like an FCC for the Internet.
Speaker 1: That's what I think.
Speaker 5: I personally think there needs to be some type of CC or some type of overseeing of the Internet in general, not just podcasting overall, but the entire Internet is a is a wild place and it's on now.
Speaker 7: You need qualification. You should need qualifications to get a podcast.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 7: I agree, get a certificate or whatever you went to school for it, or journalism or whatever.
Speaker 1: She needs something, bro, you know what that Actually I'm happy.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you brought this question up, because that's actually a good freaking point. When we went to school for journalism, there was prerequisite you had to in order to get something published, right like you, Like you, You couldn't just go I'm gonna go to the New York Times and publish an article.
Speaker 1: I think that's the issue with podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can just jump on camera and just start reporting without fact checks.
Speaker 4: And all sorts of stuff and not for nothing. I think that's what she's probably focusing on. Yeah, I think that's more than that then censoring one side of the other. She's probably just talking about there's no qualifications for people to have a podcast.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and what what are the standards that you're holding yourselves to as podcast hosts? What are the standards that you hope your listeners hold themselves to as as consumers a podcast.
Speaker 4: That is a good point there, because that would take that think about what's his name, Andrew take if he had a responsibility that if someone off your podcast did something based off of what you said, you would be held responsible.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't talk so recklessly. And that's the problem.
Speaker 8: Well, there was one Landmark case. I can't remember the guy's name, but he was a podcast host, radio host, and he kept saying that Sandy Hook didn't happen.
Speaker 1: I saw that one.
Speaker 7: Alex Jones.
Speaker 1: Alex Jones, Yeah, and.
Speaker 8: I think twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, maybe Stitcher made the decision to take his show off of their platform. And so all of these distribution channels have a choice about what they put on their platforms. They just choose not to exercise their choice. They were the first ones to take Alex Jones's stuff off their platforms, and then the other distribution channels followed, and then he ended up getting sued and he can't make podcasts and stuff anymore because he said, these white people's kids didn't die, you know, So it doesn't matter what we say. In a lot of times too, because people get so sensitive about the term misogyny even stuff like that. They're like, you can't censor that just because this man talks trash about women. That's not harming anybody. And so then it makes it harder for people to say, well, what can we decide can't be.
Speaker 4: Said, or well, then let me ask you that question, because even misogyny is such a targeted word that it's like men can't say things disparaging about women. Why is it okay for women to get up there and to speak disparagingly about men?
Speaker 1: And that is okay?
Speaker 3: Why it's okay.
Speaker 4: Though now I'm not talking about you or Triple. I know you guys don't think it's okay. What I'm saying is think about the overarching idea of what podcasts are doing. They're saying podcasts or damaging because misogyny exists in podcasting, right, Misogyny exists in everything. Let's be real, Like that's what Tripple said earlier, Like the power dynamic is off. That's why women should be able to speak But my thing is when we're talking about that, where a man can say something that can damage a woman, it shouldn't be allowed. It should be both ways, even if there is a power in balance. For example, the young lady who told her brothers and her friends that it was a New York Giant player that he had an ex girlfriend or something in the house and he was cheating on her. So she told her homeboys and her brother. Her brother went over there and do with his brother. She told, I'm sending my brother.
Speaker 1: Over there to kill you.
Speaker 4: The dude sat in his house with a semi automatic weapon, him and his brother, and when the dudes rolled up, he shot them.
Speaker 1: And it's like, that's the power of you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, even a woman's voice, as much as women don't want to own that when a woman says something that shit matters, especially to.
Speaker 8: The men around them. You know what I'm saying, there should be good. My brother got set up by a woman and that's how he got murdered.
Speaker 4: So that's what and that's what I'm saying, Like that shouldn't be pushed aside as the power and balance. If we censor on people, we need to censor everybody. You know what I'm saying, especially when it comes to violence.
Speaker 1: Wellhad, I just.
Speaker 8: Feel like what men say tends to lead more so to beliefs, you know what I'm saying, And the beliefs that women shouldn't have power or controlling their relationships. And women are more likely to be abused in relationships by a partner of the opposite sex, and women are more likely to be killed by their male partners. There's stuff like that. That, and women are more likely to be sexually assaulted by men. So it's like all of those things that are that come from beliefs that we hold about other people. They're not necessarily things that come from an inner personal relationship like I got this's not a crime of passion. When you get raped by your neighbor in the dorms, you know what I'm saying, Or if you get kidnapped from a random man on the street, that's not an inner personal relationship that you had. Or even when you get cat called, like walking down the street, I had on some shorts one time.
Speaker 1: I'm walking with a co work her and this is now he said it relieved.
Speaker 8: It says something extremely sexual about my butt, and I'm walking with this innocent co worker of mine and it's like the most embarrassing thing ever.
Speaker 1: But you also feel violated. This is a stranger, this isn't something.
Speaker 8: Then this comes from him believing that he should be able to talk to me that way because of how toxic masculinity, misogyny is ingrained into the society. Rape culture is ingrained into the society and the minds of men who are influenced by some of these people. I don't think misogyny or pick me culture is the only issue on podcasts.
Speaker 1: I think that, So why is there the only two that you chose to put on it. I didn't. I had a I'm saying when it came up there it was it was misogyny in no, I.
Speaker 8: Said, I said, bad takes, misogyny, pick me culture, and all of the other isms and phobia is perpetrated by.
Speaker 4: But you pointed out massogyny. That's the point though. The point is is that you said bad takes. That doesn't point at anything. Misogyny points that men, pick me culture points women who agree with men, and then you said all the other things.
Speaker 1: That's my point.
Speaker 8: I think those misogyny and pigmy culture are two of the biggest things. I feel like that people get bothered by, especially when it comes to the black pop.
Speaker 1: People or women get bothered by. I think people. I think people for sure.
Speaker 4: I doubt men get bothered by pickmy culture, and I doubt men be bothered by misogyny.
Speaker 1: That's my point.
Speaker 4: My point is that I feel like even the way that the question was framed, I thought she said that, But even when I hear people talk.
Speaker 1: About it, that's what they talk about. They always talk.
Speaker 3: About, like the term misogyny. Or you don't like to feel like men are always under attack.
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: It's not that I don't like that. I honestly feel that right now there is attack on masculinity.
Speaker 3: I do feel maculinity in general.
Speaker 4: Masculinity in general. I feel like there is an attack. It doesn't matter what you do as a man right now.
Speaker 1: It's wrong. Like if I.
Speaker 4: Am kind and soft to my kids, then I'm gonna raise a son who is not going to be masculine. If I if I'm a heart on him and I scream, then I'm too hard. I'm creating trauma. It's like there's no way for men in this world. Seems like to exist without offending someone. You understand what I'm saying. And it just seems like that's becoming a trend where now more men is be like, you know what, I ain't gonna say, you do nothing, and then women, like we've heard before, it be like, well the men ain't men.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's like, how do you want me to men when you're taking away my power to do anything. Had a conversation, this is a true conversation with a bunch of women who were single and one man. Right, it was one man a bunch of women that were single, and they were just like, Deval, do you think you, as a husband should be able to control where Kadean goes? And I was just like, I don't think I should control, but I would like to know where she's going because I'm responsible for protecting her.
Speaker 1: And they were just like, well, you don't have to know what she's going to protect her.
Speaker 4: And I said, wait a minute, it's my job to protect you, and you don't feel like you should tell me what you're doing, And they said no, But it.
Speaker 8: Doesn't matter what those women think. No, what I'm saying is the one in relationship.
Speaker 1: And this my point, and that was exactly my point. You had a bunch of women who are not.
Speaker 4: In relationships with the overwhelming loud voice of I should not have to do this, but you still have to do this for me. And that's not called misogyny, that's not called toxic femininity, that's not called anything. They're just saying, I'm a woman, I have my opinion, and I'm like, this should be a conversation here. It shouldn't be your way is the only right way, and I have to coward because I'm a man and say no, I'm never gonna cow I'm never gonna do that. Like, that's just not I'm gonna have my opinion. I'm gonna raise my kids. I'm a Chivalry is not dead to me. I'm going to teach my kids to walk on the outside open doors. But at the same time, it's like, yo, you have a responsibility to your wife is going here, find out where she's going, ask her what time she gonna be back, get some information, you know what I'm saying. It just seems like at this point in humanity, men ain't allowed to say nothing.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's necessarily true. I feel like.
Speaker 8: If we take a look at the people that we're around, because I know of women who are in relationships with men who enjoy, you know, having a masculine man.
Speaker 1: A golden retriever. I heard somebody call it recently, somebody that's.
Speaker 8: Like sweet to them. They never have to open a car door, you know, whatever this is. Some people really enjoy that still, and you are allowed to do that when they have a relationship where that's in the agreements that they have.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, if you such.
Speaker 3: A beautiful golden retriever to me, baby, look.
Speaker 1: Look, look you just called me a golden Retriever.
Speaker 4: What if I called you a rott Waller, they would say I was being misogynistated.
Speaker 1: Like you me a dog?
Speaker 4: Like you openly called me a dog, and it was okay right. If I called her any type of animal, they would be on my ass.
Speaker 1: You compared your wife to an animal.
Speaker 3: Everybody loves the Golden retriever, though not me.
Speaker 1: I like pit bulls, I like cane corsos. I like aggressive dogs. That's what I like.
Speaker 4: But nah, but you understand what I'm saying, Like the whole podcast not opinion thing to me just comes back. It is like we don't want all these other people to have opinions. We only want our side to be heard, and I just hate that for both sides.
Speaker 1: To be honest.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why we've evolved from dead ass podcasts being a men versus women thing, which is what this conference.
Speaker 4: But I do like the fact that we can have this open conversation because it's more than just me and you. Tripple has a very unique take on it, you know what I'm saying, even your take on it with the finances. I never thought about that, and I was like, oh, shoot, like that does make sense. We could have renegotiated our deal way better if it weren't eight thousand podcasts popping up every single day. And I didn't even I was thinking about just censorship, and then said you would think about the business, which which also brings the point is why you need to have more voices and not censor people. Because here I got a different perspective from two women. And if I sat up parent and be like, well, women shouldn't have podcasts equipment, then I sound crazy, you see what I'm saying. But if a woman is saying niggas shouldn't have podcasts equipment, everybody saying yeah, I'm like, nah, no, your opinion has opened my mind up, and I think everybody's opinion, even even Anthony Tate Andrew.
Speaker 8: It's making me so happy that you can't commit his name to memory, though that is beautiful.
Speaker 1: He not black. Neither is he Ah good good at least at least he not black.
Speaker 4: I could take away from that, but even him right when you hear someone's takes is so outrageous, and you hear that people really believe that.
Speaker 1: At least I know who the ops are. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: But I will push back and say, the reason why people believe that is the same reason that you have.
Speaker 1: Is that they hate that.
Speaker 8: They feel like there's an attack on masculinity and there's a pushback. I think the New York Times just did an article about this, and they did a survey asking men if they feel masculine or not, and it was like, most Republican men of a certain age feel more masculine because of this power in this rhetoric around, you know, controlling bodies, being able to say what you want, taking away DEI programs, literally having power and control over things that do not serve you. And so I think the reason why people gravitate towards Andrew Tata is because they're trying to learn masculinity because they feel like they don't know what it is or it's not being accepted, and they're trying to find a version of masculinity that they're getting from him because they believe that it is having power and control. I feel out of the loop now, So do I not me not knowing Andrew tATu am I old? Is he a young No, you shouldn't know him, but I think kids watch him on YouTube like teenagers preteen.
Speaker 3: That's also the thing, the impressionable mind.
Speaker 4: I don't follow things that serve what I'm trying to do purposefully, so I wouldn't even know check his we check his history, so if I ever saw that, I would have been like nah.
Speaker 8: But I will say there are globally, there's over three million active podcasts out there right now, and I think the stats that there's like four hundred and sixty thousand active podcasts on Apple Podcasts right now.
Speaker 5: Three million.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so there's more than that available. There's more than the Toxic show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's more than a toxic available. That's why I say you can't take away pot. That's why I think you can't take away fast equipment.
Speaker 5: I don't think you can. I think it's a new industry, just like the music industry is a new industry. You can't take away to top of music. I want to do that. Just choose not to listen to it. You're going to have to choose not to listen to this podcast if you don't want to listen to the podcast.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 5: It's just a new industry. So everybody's just up in arms about there's no control on it.
Speaker 4: You know what it's like everybody being in the studio. Correct, everybody a rapper? But that body album.
Speaker 5: Because the split Fighter.
Speaker 1: But No actually actually was a great said. This is why Triple is the producer, because Trip will be knowing.
Speaker 4: This actually brings us into why we decided to change Dead Ass podcast for today. We did have a travel and this actually goes into the tech it does. Kadeen and I started that Ass podcast with Jest. It was supposed to be like just a prerequisite of how we write man versus women and how we work on our relationship through our opposing views as men and women.
Speaker 2: A man and women, well, I mean in our line when we enter the podcast saying that we kind of like work things out as a form of therapy, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, publicly with everywheel.
Speaker 2: So yeah, because it was always my perspective, your perspective as we grew over the past, where did we start twenty eighteen eighteen man, almost seven years almost seven years ago?
Speaker 4: I think I think the evolution came where it's like, Okay, we've spent the past seven years discussing, Like we just discussed what are the issues we have as men in a marriage, as women in a marriage, and then it's like, okay, we've discussed this, how do we move forward? So now elis ever afterwards? Okay, we've discussed everything like we just discussed here as a group, how do you and I move forward? Word as a couple with a family with friends. Because when we talk about our family, we don't only talk about me, Kay, Jack, Kyro Kazdakota. We're also talking about your parents, my parents, We're talking about.
Speaker 1: Edible, Matt, Josh.
Speaker 4: This is all our this is all of us, our extended family, this is our ever after many of whom we've asked to relocate. You know what I'm saying, Matt now lives here, a triple now lives here, Josh is going to come here at some point.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 4: I want to show people that a village of friends who are all creatives, who can do something together and.
Speaker 3: Built it together for the ground up.
Speaker 2: It wasn't one person already, you know, being quote unquote on and trying to like bring people up. It's like no, starting with people at a certain level and watching the ascension happen because we all are invested in the common goal, which is being great.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: For example, this podcast, Yeah, and I love that the space for us.
Speaker 2: I think more recently, well dead ass podcasts at least started to kind of become deval and I kind of keeping y'all up to date with what's been happening.
Speaker 3: In our life because as things get.
Speaker 2: Busy, as more businesses fall on our plate, you know, devout filming me now new project, things.
Speaker 3: Are going to get hectic. Yeah, I don't. Thanks, Thanks Matt, big me out one more.
Speaker 1: Time, one more time.
Speaker 4: The reason why we're not getting to hype is because we can't really still disclose what she's filming, not quite so we kind of like holding it type.
Speaker 1: But we're excited about.
Speaker 2: It, so excited so this is going to be a way as well for us to keep y'all who have been so invested in us over the past seven years up to date on all of kind of like behind the scenes stuff as well, and still talking about how life and family and business and parenthood impact us on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 4: And we also chose to include our our I don't even want to say friend group, because it at this point we're not friends like before Tripple moved here and Matt was here and Josh they lived here when we did the podcast, Like, yeah, y'all don't realize this, but we filmed the podcast and these three people will be living here for a week and we will be filming the podcast talking about guests and topics, and we just felt like now is the time for us to elevate, get to a new level for all you creative. This is another thing that you have to think about marketability. When Kadeena and I first started that, we didn't understand the scope of what podcasting was. I was like, well, we get on mics and talk, I'll do that shit all day, not realizing that it was going to become its own medium and grow to what has become. So we came up with dead ass podcasts because we were like, yo, we're from New York, We're from Brooklyn. We being dead ass, Like, I'm gonna say exactly how I feel, Kay gonna say exactly how she feel. At the time, they were just like, we don't think we should call it dead ass. And I was like why, It's like, what ass is a curse? And I was like, well, as isn't a cursive if you use it in succession behind dead colloquially from New York.
Speaker 1: And they were like huh. I said, the bottom line is we're gonna call it dead ass, and you're gonna have to do with it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, after seven years, the same conversation we had about Battle of the sexist, we don't want to do that no more. We want to come to an understanding of the sexes and move forward so we can all be happily. Ever after you feel me, I like, I see what you.
Speaker 1: Did this, You know what I like to you? And I were told you were told you would never have a show. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was told that I was going to never be on TV. Triple was told she was never going to have a podcast. I'm pretty sure Matt and Josh were both told that they wouldn't be able to do the things that they're doing, especially as directors. So it feels good to actually be able to show people that we're doing.
Speaker 2: This right and creating our own opportunities essentially, Like, yeah, you know, one thing we've never did was listen to you.
Speaker 1: Know everybody else do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we still don't to this day. And I think that's why.
Speaker 2: It's given us the courage and the permission for ourselves to just do something different.
Speaker 4: And it gives me the trip, the safety and the freedom to say trouble and know that she's going to be on camera. There are some facts and stacks.
Speaker 1: That you have, right, Yeah, I mean I just have some facts about the podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh this is like.
Speaker 3: That's going to be interesting. I haven't heard about this. Let's listen.
Speaker 8: This is just kind of a walk down memory lane because I started on the podcast in twenty nineteen. Yes, and I actually remember the first time I listened to the first episode. I was interviewing for the job, and I was like, man, why I got to do this podcast with these normies? But I loved it, and your chemistry was amazing. Earlier you mentioned y'all wanting to do the podcast to kind of grow into Cadeen's own day daytime TV show, And I remember in the studio, I'll be like, today, you need a daytime TV show and she.
Speaker 2: Was like that's the plan and I was like, wow, really look at you.
Speaker 8: But it just like it's very clear that you you have that talent. It comes through every time you're on the mic thank you trips. One of my favorite episodes was prenup er Nod. Do you remember that judge? Remember she came in, she was so honest.
Speaker 3: We were living in l A, l A at the time.
Speaker 4: We used to come in every week into two podcasts every Wednesday. Yeah, this was pre pandemic.
Speaker 8: And then we also had a an episode that did make the cut with an unnamed influencer. I think that was that was when I met the Like I knew Devo for like six months at this point, but that's when I met Val.
Speaker 4: Real quick story, but this influencer pretty much made her money and her ability to grow as an influencer talking about colorism. So Kadeena and I were like, Yo, let's have her come on here to talk about because she's a brown skinned woman.
Speaker 1: She came in here to talk about colorism. So first of all, she got there over an hour late. Over an hour late, and in a minute she came in. We didn't even meet her.
Speaker 4: First, we met her white male manager or handler. And then he came in after being an hour and a half late. Didn't apologize nothing that says she won't be discussing any of these things. All of the lists of things were discussing the things that made her very popular. And I was just like, well, where are we going to discuss it? And if she don't want to talk about it, and she has a whole bunch of other things. So we sat down for like what maybe twenty minutes. Yeah, and I started asking questions and then he stepped in one time and said, yeah, she won't talk about that. I said, we don't got to do this interview. And I was out like okay, come on, let's go. Like that's and that episode never aired. It's funny that you remember that. Were you laughing in the back?
Speaker 7: I really was.
Speaker 4: I was like, dang, Yeah, I was pissed because I felt like it was it was a waste of time. I feel like she was being very distanging, like you're brown, skinned women who got famous talking about how brown skinned women don't get a fair shake in this industry.
Speaker 1: And here we are to lighter.
Speaker 4: Skinned people who understand how colorism is a problem. It's like, yo, let's talk about it, and she don't want to talk about it, or matter of fact, it wasn't her.
Speaker 1: He said she wasn't going to talk about it, and she was.
Speaker 4: Like, I can't, and then he was just like no, and then she listened, and that's when I was just like, yeah, well, and if we're not talking about it, then there's no reason to have this.
Speaker 1: I was hot. Do you remember how I was? I I wanted to fight that.
Speaker 3: Man she got introduced to.
Speaker 1: Are you not about to tell this black woman she's not talking about colorism? Nigga? What the fuck you know about? I was so mad. You're so mad right now? All my I look mad because we just talked about men cincining women.
Speaker 4: It's like, this is what made her famous, this, this is what got her the platform, and this is what our culture is still dealing with to this day. And you, a person who has no idea what this is about, it's going to tell her she shouldn't talk about this.
Speaker 3: It pissed me off, which is, do you have a favorite episode or moment I have?
Speaker 1: I have a lot. I actually have a lot of favorites, favorite episodes and moments. One of my very, very very favorite moments I can't even say that once I got another one I thought about.
Speaker 4: We did fifteen seasons, bro, I know, episode that's over two hundred and twenty five episodes.
Speaker 3: It's like a blur.
Speaker 2: I almost don't have anything that's surfacing for me right now. I have dead ass live show moments.
Speaker 5: That's my favorite.
Speaker 3: That's the whole thing. I think. The live shows in general are just really like my thing. We all love the stage.
Speaker 4: Going to do another live show, but not a tour. We're not doing a tour. We're gonna do another live show. Our plan is doing the live show of course where.
Speaker 1: Brooklyn. We're gonna come back to New York.
Speaker 4: We gonna do a big live show and when we find the time, but it's gonna happen because we have to do an LS ever after live show.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, now that we're here, you know, and y'all got to buy all this dead ass merch. Sidebar shout out to Kwame who's back.
Speaker 3: Behind the cameras as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Deadass Merch is now going to be on sale and it's going to be a collector's item at this point because there's no more dead Ass. So make sure you get right, makes sure you get your hoodie, your T shirt, your hats. Yeah, because once they're gone, they're gone. They're like collector's items at this point.
Speaker 4: I feel like I was balancing between episodes. I think one of my favorite episode is with Angel and Marcus was talking about marriage. But Angel is a clown right, like, she's hilarious and Marcus is so like straight And this was before Marcus started to become more personality, and Marcus is kind of sitting there like, I don't really know why she had me come on here. I know there's a couple of things, but it was just so funny because throughout the episode he started to open up and we realized how much we had in common because they have four kids. At the time, we only had three. It was only boys, so there was so much synergy between them. But I also loved Melissa and Kevin on stage, Like I think it's the relationship aspect and seeing people who have been in relationships just as long as we and we talked about like our issues and it's.
Speaker 1: Like, wait a minute, you go through that. Oh, you go through that too.
Speaker 4: And then seeing Melissa, it's like, wait a minute, you and I are the same and yeah, that to me those and I think this. Me and Tripple had talked about this growing up. I had believed that all men thought the same way and all women thought the same way, especially in relationships. And this is why I loved doing dead Ass podcast when we sat down with so many different couples and I realized that some of the issues I have women have those issues with their spouse and I'm like, oh, so that's not a man thing. So me trying to fix this with testosterone ain't gonna work. I gotta fix this with another you know. I have to open up a different eye to have empathy for my wife in a different way other than saying, well, I'm just a man and she just a and that's how it is. Those relationships, those relationship podcasts really like. I love those, even though the after shows when Me and Trouble be arguing and I can get a different perspective from someone in a different walk of life.
Speaker 1: Those are my favorites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was going to say the ones that I've learned from I think were my favorite. So for example, like I felt like after a while, I was like, oh my god, we having all these topics about sex, all these conversations about sex, and I'm just like, man, like, I'm tired of talking about it. People are probably tired listening to it. But then no, people will like talk about it more because I have the same issues. But I think it's the self discovery through those episodes as well as the parenting episodes when we had all this where I was just like, oh my god, I can't believe I did that, or it's like I've taken something that I maybe didn't understand with your way of parenting and realize like, damn, that's something that actually could be applicable to me too. Like those self discovery moments over the past seven years, I think has really helped my growth as an individual, as a wife, as a mode, as a friend, as a daughter, as a career woman. You know, those teachable learning moments. And I think that's why so many people resonate to begin with with dead Ass podcast, because.
Speaker 3: Through talking about our experiences, sometimes having vent sessions, sometimes calling it an expert.
Speaker 1: Sometimes have we vented a lot?
Speaker 4: Like I honestly feel like people got a chance to know who we really are through listening to the podcast. Like I've always been honest about how I feel about things, backlash or not, because I only get one chance at life, and I'm not gonna pretend to do something else that I really don't believe in, because then I got to pretend that for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: So I just say how I feel. My favorite guest to date is gonna always.
Speaker 4: Be Tiffany elij the budgetista, Like, yeah, yeah, I've learned so much from her financially that's helped create I mean, even these opportunities about and people think the budget Nisa, She's gonna tell you how to put your money. No, she explains to you the importance difference between having a certified financial planner and an accountant.
Speaker 1: Small little things that you're like, oh, shoot, that is different.
Speaker 4: Well maybe I should focus more on my financial planning than accountant. Yeah, you know, like she Tiffany budgeanista, I love you girl, like you. I think she's probably one of the fan favorites as well. On then A's podcast, A Guess that they always say we should have on because so many people have.
Speaker 1: Learned a lot.
Speaker 3: My favorite guess is Shan.
Speaker 4: It's funny you say you hate talking about sex with the sham Boudram is one of your favorite guests, But I understand why.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I just love her candor. I love how she's just so honest. Something about her whole energy and her heart spirit is super calming. I love that she always speaks from a place of like, no judgment. She's just kind of like it is what it is. But she also comes with an educational background that's a legitimate when we talk about someone having a podcast and speaking as an expert because they've actually studied their field.
Speaker 3: She is exactly that.
Speaker 4: She's also the exact example of a woman having a podcast where I would tell my friends I've said this all the time on other podcasts, like my boys who have issues with sex and stuff, I tell them, listen to Shane. That's why I listen to to learn about your body, your mentality, what you were going through. That's a perfect example of if we limited people from having podcasts that wild person, Like, if y'all limit Shan, it's gonna be a problem, right because she definitely. She definitely saved us from a lot of things because I was able to see and hear what she was saying from a different you know, from a different woman's perspective, and it was like, oh, I never thought about that.
Speaker 1: Shannon is a good one.
Speaker 4: My favorite episode because people say it's theirs, it's selling ground. And the only reason why I say it's my favorite is because people always say I changed the trajectory of my family by just listening to that, because I could explain to them why we didn't don't need to hold on to this property, use it as an asset so that we can get more properties. So that's also one of my Now I'm going over to I got so many favorite episodes.
Speaker 3: Any other favorites.
Speaker 5: I got her favorite moment. It's from a life show when you brought the boy, when the boys introduced you.
Speaker 4: Ah yeah, yeah, literally was just I said I wasn't gonna cry, and I cried like a little bit happily too.
Speaker 2: I was back there so like you were, and it was wanting his own microphone. He was just like, wait a second, my brothers haven't couldn't talk talk.
Speaker 4: Was pointing at it like yo yo, and I was like, Yo, my man. It was mister Mike. Like, mister Mike, you to give him a mic, and they gave him one. Turns it on everything. He ain't say nothing, but he danced around with it. That's a good That's a good moment, Josh.
Speaker 9: No, no opinion, Josh, first and last day on the I mean they're all memorable.
Speaker 7: Well, the funniest one was when disclosed her.
Speaker 3: The moment, Oh oh, who was that episode with?
Speaker 5: I was with Kid.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was listening letters episode. Shout out to kids. I feel they're like our fairy god parents in the in the him and Crystal.
Speaker 1: They're not liked they are. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They literally introduced us like to this the world. Essentially.
Speaker 1: The first podcast read we did was the Read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Reads.
Speaker 4: And then I think that's how I started to get more interested in podcasts. People were tagging us and saying, like, Yo, they y'all want to read. They talked about y'all want to read, which also helped boost our following on social media forever. We went to their show, their live show, and that's when we were just like, yo, we should do some podcast live. So so shout out to Chrissy and Kid Ferry, what's your favorite episode Triple.
Speaker 8: Well, I said mine first, Mine was prenup or Nah, oh yeah, that's right, that's right, that's right from back in the day. I did also like Kadeen's poop story. It's something like something about a hot lady saying something disgusting about herself that.
Speaker 3: I'm like and just not caring.
Speaker 2: It humanizes I feel like, because everyone probably has had a moment, you've expressed.
Speaker 5: It or not.
Speaker 8: If somebody I'm dating, if somebody I'm dating is like, oh, Kadeen, fine, I'd be like, you know she's on.
Speaker 1: The oh yeah, oh yeah, I have that now in my back brock. So thank you.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. Y'all are welcome.
Speaker 8: I do have another favorite moment that uh would be the first live show I feel like. It was February twenty twenty. I was at a film festival. I had a short film in a film festival. Is a really exciting moment for me. First time helping them produce a live show. Very exciting. Y'all were having an exciting moment. We're in two different cities. Your manager at the time calls me and says, you need some cue cards, and I'm in Boston.
Speaker 1: Y'all are in Philly, Yeah.
Speaker 8: At the film festival, and I'm yeah, I'm busy, bro, I'm off the clock, off the class. It's like eight o'clock at night, the snow storm outside. I hustle and make these cue cards and send them to your manager so she can get them printed, so she can get them in your hands before stage time.
Speaker 1: Get them in your hand, and then I don't find out until.
Speaker 3: Weeks later.
Speaker 8: Later they run the footage back and DEVO first thirty seconds of the show.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even take that long.
Speaker 8: I would say fifteen seconds in Devao tosses the fucking Q cards to I don't I don't need them. I don't need them. That is a favorite memory of mine. I think about it every time I print a que card. So, yeah, thank you, We're going to take a break and pay some bills. That is That's like the fourth time you brought that story. But I had to tell the story again because I think starting there, that was the first live show, and the live shows have evolved so much like then then. I feel like, was it it was video recorded, but you maybe had one camera camera. Yeah, the DJ was there and.
Speaker 1: It was just young no guests.
Speaker 4: No, it was an executive at that time. It was we didn't have exact they had a house DJ. They had a house DJ. We had to meet and greet beforehand.
Speaker 7: Yes, then come to Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: So that was essentially started that to a live shows. Like think about everyone doing live shows now podcast shows. It's like there's all sorts of stuff happening.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: That So that's what I was going to say with the live shows, with the setup, especially since that that show was right before the pandemic and since post pandemic, I feel like you've gotten to kind of innovate the way that we do the podcast, and it's been very influential, if I do say so myself. But we've gone from not being able to get the go pros to work at the studio.
Speaker 3: We did that, y'all.
Speaker 10: We did that.
Speaker 1: We've gone from trying to use go pro.
Speaker 4: I remember that get them to work go pro and we were in the studio and we had go pros one on k Oh my God to do video of the podcast.
Speaker 5: I remember watching those episod It's terrible them go pros its like there.
Speaker 1: Was like the fish bowl like my face.
Speaker 3: I was like, what is this? This is not flattering.
Speaker 4: Well, before we go pay some bills, I do have to say I appreciate y'all because everything y'all see here, cameras, lights, run of shows, creative direction have been from those three people you're watching on camera right now and Kadeen and I honestly feel like it's about time y'all get in front of cameras so people can see who y'all are, and like when they see this whole set up and realize what this is, they're going to be like, Wow, this is no longer just a podcast. This is an experience, and this is an experience that we want to win awards for and we want to be critically acclaimed, so we're gonna do everything in our power. Also, shout out to the Patreon people. Pay your membership every money for a lady asked why Patreon? This is why Patreon. The people who have invested in the Patreon you are now seeing and reaping the benefits of your little four dollars a month. It don't seem like a lot before the five dollars a month. And now we have cameras, and now we have a camera crew.
Speaker 1: Now we have life.
Speaker 4: It's not little now. Yeah, we don't think it's We don't think it's little. But I know a lot of people is like, what are they going to do with my little four dollars? This is what we're doing with your little four dollars. It's called group economics.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: You got a bunch of people put together, and now we're able to provide y'all better content because y'all invested in us.
Speaker 1: So first and foremost, Triple.
Speaker 4: Josh Matt, we love y'all, yes, like like seriously, like we really really love y'all. We love y'all back, and we appreciate y'all taking this journey with us. Patreon family, shout out to yourself. Round of applause for yourself, because you're part of the reason why we're able to do what we're doing in our home. Yes, thank you Patreon. All of the equipment you see on your top TV shows we have now because of you, So thank you.
Speaker 2: So you just want to elevate the experience for y'all, Yes, ma'am. Ever after I see a little tear at the side of your eye.
Speaker 4: No, this is a laugh tier because because it's Triple we're telling the story here. It literally was as soon as I got on, I was like, what's up that ass podcast?
Speaker 1: Triple got me these que cars? Fuck these que cars?
Speaker 4: And I threw them ships just like that. And I remember Triple said afterwards like, yeah, you know how long I took. I was somewhere to go make the Q cars and ever since then I give kt Q cars.
Speaker 3: So nobody thought, let's go pay So you should throw the bills like you throw the Q cars.
Speaker 1: Wish I could. You can catch them now, money bags Eli period.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be back y'all, And we're back, yes, yeah to my favorite part of the show. That's something that hasn't changed still, like to getting y'all business evolution.
Speaker 1: You don't even have a iPad, no more laptop. You got cars.
Speaker 7: I do, I do.
Speaker 2: I felt like the laptop after a while was just cumbersome and well I had the laugh you could use your iPad you because yeah.
Speaker 5: You did that before I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember memories, bro, I'm trying to remember. Trying to forget certain things. You leave it up to your friends.
Speaker 3: A certain iPad into the off the balcony.
Speaker 4: Off you co signed the triple that's messed up and Josh, don't remember none of that. Josh, you remember that? No bro see no opinion, It didn't have no.
Speaker 2: While we're gonna get paddles sidebar, you got to get those I love that.
Speaker 4: Things to do you using the pot jist no trauma Capital easy, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, yeah, I'm still nosy, still like to hear what you got to say, and we're always gonna give our two cents as you continue to write in. We're going to give the new email address at the end of this episode where you're write into for advice or to just chit chat with us. Well, triple, here's the first one listener letter of Ellis ever after Hey kay and Deval, It's Kayla here. Hey Kayla, I wanted to give you your flowers and wanted to share some seriously amazing news.
Speaker 3: I love amazing news.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Last year I wrote in, and you guys featured my letter both on the podcast and Patreon.
Speaker 3: Seriously, you all were life savers. Your advice helped me.
Speaker 2: So much, Capitals Oh in navigating my eight year relationship. I absorbed every single piece of wisdom that you shared and it all paid off big time.
Speaker 3: This past October. My boyfriend proposed.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 3: I'm engaged. Our wedding is October eleventh. I feel like we need to be there. Drop the invitation.
Speaker 2: My now fiance and I are huge fans and we're religiously listening to the podcast and Patreon together. We just wanted to express our sincere gratitude for everything you do. You've created something truly special and we're so grateful to be a part of the dead Ass community and Patreon gang. Huge love to Kadeen, Devout and the whole dead ask for you guys are top tier. Sincerely, Kayla, Come on, that's why we do it.
Speaker 1: This is stop, y'all.
Speaker 2: Where If there are tariffs on the MIC, I guess we'll have to pay them. I don't know, because this is the reason we keep going.
Speaker 3: Babe. Look at that.
Speaker 1: Ya just makes me wow happy.
Speaker 2: And here we are a lot of times saying like we don't have all the answers we really give advice. We still don't, but I'm happy to hear that our two sins have now multiplied for you and you guys are engaged.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: That's what's wow.
Speaker 3: Keep us posted, Kayla on all the HAPs Okay, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: That's what's up man. All right, prid of you guys much love, and let us know when the wedding is. You know, if we free October level if it's in Atlanta, we'll stop through all right now Number two, Dear Kadeen and Daval, I want to start off by saying I love your platform and whatever represents.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Now my problem.
Speaker 4: I am a thirty year old medical professional married to a thirty four year old fitness professional. We met online and fell for each other emotionally, spiritually and intellectually.
Speaker 1: I love that. So the problem is money.
Speaker 4: Of course, I make six figures, but it definitely doesn't feel like it after taxes and blessed student loans if they live in New York. I understand that my husband makes less than fifty k a year. I was okay with it at first, but now that we have a house and are trying to start having a baby, I am worried. I honestly got a second job so we could furnish and renovate our home because I can't count on him to supply money because he does pay for all the utilities and half of the mortgage with what he makes. He's been in fitness for ten plus years and has a gentle soul that caters to middle aged adults. He's dabbled a little in the online space, but hasn't gotten any clients.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say he's grinding there.
Speaker 4: I also feel like he is okay with what he makes because I feel there's very little sense of urgency, Like when he's home, he's relaxing on video games.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 4: On my day off, I'm trying to figure out how I can make more to live more comfortably, which has made me realize I need to get him to have online clients. He has no interest in getting any job that would require him to have a boss, even though he would make more. I understand, because yes, he has more liberties being self employed. However, taking off more than a week per month is a problem for my husband because he can't because then he can't make money because he doesn't have an online presence. Mind you, it's not like I'm a gold digger wanting to go I don't think you're gold digger. Neither want to go on lovest vacations. I barely have time for that. I just want when we go on vacation. He's not trying to figure out how to rebound. I want to help him make more of an online presence, so we're both not at a strain. What are your suggestions to grab more clients and build an online fitness empire.
Speaker 3: Well, that's something that you've done kind of that is online.
Speaker 1: Space, not in an online space, but but yes, there are ways.
Speaker 4: First and foremost, shout out to y'all for working together as an entrepreneur and also in a medical space. I do also understand her mentality because she works based on salary, so she's used to getting a certain amount of money. He doesn't work on salary, so he's not used to getting a certain amount of money. This is my first issue. If you make less than fifty thousand dollars and you want to make more money, there should be no reason in the world why you wann video games at any point in your life. I just had this argument with someone very close to me, and I screamed at him, get off the fucking video games.
Speaker 1: Literally right.
Speaker 4: If you have time in the day, that time in the day should be going towards how you are going to create more money or more revenue to help supplement your wife or your partner, whoever that is.
Speaker 1: That's number one, number two in the fitness space.
Speaker 4: You have to understand that the greatest way for you to make money isn't only in customer retention.
Speaker 1: It's also in small group training. And it's just for me from knowing.
Speaker 4: If you tell one of your clients, right, hey, I'll give you half four off your session if you bring three people to your session.
Speaker 1: Right, this is what I use a marketing strategy. And they're like, wait a minute.
Speaker 4: I pay At the time, it wasn't super expensive, but it was sixty dollars per session, and they're like, wait, I can do thirty dollars per session if I bring three people.
Speaker 1: They were like yeah, They're like, but how does that work for me?
Speaker 4: I said, it's going to help you because you pay less, but also you have people to compete with. And what people don't realize about losing weight or losing body fat, most of it is motivation. If you have someone in your group that's doing the same thing as you. You guys, work harder, iron sharpens iron. If you come there every day for an hour to work harder, you'll lose more weight. But here comes the economics. You bring one person and they pay half off, it's the same price you bring three people. Now you're doubling your quota for the hour. So from sixty dollars an hour down to thirty for that person, and all those other people are paying thirty dollars. Now, how much we got one hundred and twenty dollars per hour. Now you just doubled what you make. Plus you doubled your reach because you have four people that you can tell them, Hey, if you have anyone else who wants to train, let them know I can give them a discount rate. That's the first thing, maxt in your time, yes, because when you duplicate yourself, you give yourself autonomy over that time.
Speaker 1: The other thing is online training.
Speaker 4: Online training is imperfect if you create programs before you create online training, create online programs that you can sell to people. I've seen people make hundreds of thousands of dollars per quarter.
Speaker 1: Am I lying?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know two people that come right off the bat to mine from online.
Speaker 2: I mean in an online program that's like twenty nine ninety nine yes, or like an eight week program.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: And you think about that times how many people we have.
Speaker 1: I mean, you had a large following on social media.
Speaker 2: Right, but you get a thousand people that following, you know, and the proof is in the pudding. Like be a good trainer.
Speaker 3: That's also a part of it too.
Speaker 2: You want to have people that are actually making a change and you can see the difference in the before and after. Sometimes help with that as well, to you to keep people motivated, to say, I want to look like that. It's a fickle industry because you have people who are you know, on again, off again.
Speaker 3: But if you're a good trainer, there's potential there for sure.
Speaker 4: Most of the trainers I know now making their money on online programs or a program that I was thinking about called Prototype on Demand when I was doing Prototype Sports Performance where you can train people virtually and you do virtual classes. That's another way if you've never thought about it. So you have online programs, virtual classes, online sessions for one on one, online group classes.
Speaker 1: That's always for.
Speaker 4: You to get autonomy over your time rather than losing time going from place to place a personal person. This is the most important thing, though, I think I have to say, gentlemen, this may sound very old school, but this is something that my father had always said to me. If you decide to marry a woman and you want that woman to have your child or your children, it is not her responsibility to be an earner. The reason why is because there's a lot that comes with carrying a child, and then half after carrying a child, nurturing that child and asking a person to balance a career and nurturing a child is very difficult. So, as a man, if you're asking your wife or your girl to have children, be prepared fiscally to handle that responsibility on your own. Now, if she finds a way to balance, it can help you.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 4: It's a surplus, that's extra. But as a dude, this is one thing my dad told me, and my grandfather told me. If you have a child, and what if that woman can't work? What if she has a baby like you had and had twenty four stitches in your cervix and you can't work, what are you then gonna tell your wife and you going to suck that up?
Speaker 1: Get out there?
Speaker 4: No, what if she's dealing with postpartum depression? What if she has hormone and balance? You know what I'm saying, there are things that happen to women. As a man, any man, young man, older man, if you're looking to have kids, make sure that you and your wallet can handle that responsibility.
Speaker 1: Don't try to pass that on.
Speaker 4: As we're gonna split this fifty to fifty mortgage can be f less up, but when it comes time to have kids, she got to carry it.
Speaker 1: She can't pass that fifty to fifty, right.
Speaker 3: Sure can't.
Speaker 1: She got a birth for right that she can't pass the birth and thing right now. So you can't pass that, bro.
Speaker 4: Sorry, it may seem old school or I'm jumping on you as a man, but got to deal with that.
Speaker 1: I can't tell her to pass on the placenter.
Speaker 3: Sure can't.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, all right, Good luck to y'all as y'all navigate, and yeah, try to figure this out. They're married, they say they're married. Yeah, yeah, I mean it's a good conversation to have to at least y'all have in the conversation. Hopefully he's recepted.
Speaker 1: To get off the games, bro, seriously, like that's just killing your brain and your time.
Speaker 3: Indeed.
Speaker 2: All right, So if you want to be featured as a listener, y'all, we have a new email address. Okay, it's the Ellis Advice at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: That's t h E E L L I S A d V I C E at Gmail.
Speaker 3: So moment of truth time.
Speaker 1: This is the first moment of truth for us ever.
Speaker 3: A moment of truth.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought, we go back to a question that we didn't quite get to as the moment of truth and we can have everybody answer it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: What are you looking forward to as a team with Elis ever After?
Speaker 4: Much like we did in a live space, I'm looking forward to changing the way people consume podcasts because we are about to elevate the game.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm looking forward to. That was a great question, Pardoner, Thank.
Speaker 3: You all good.
Speaker 2: Actually you kind of stole a part of mine, but I was going to say, I'm looking forward to collectively elevating the Ellis ever After experience. We saw what we were able to do with dead Ass starting seven years ago when we almost had no idea what podcasting was at the time, and I think that dead Ass really was able to set the tone and raise the bar and change the way people consume podcasting audio wise but also visually and then in the live show space. I want to give us our flowers and say that we were pioneers in that, you know, in that space, So I'm.
Speaker 3: Period you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking forward to the heights that we can go to with Ellis ever after, now that we are in a new space with new energy, getting input formally Trouble, Josh and Matt, and collectively finding a way to make sure that this is going to be the experience that you guys have been waiting for.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited about that.
Speaker 4: Before we ask everybody else, I also just want to say I want to continue to share how we do things and build and continue to not gatekeep information absolutely, So I look forward to over these next couple of years letting you guys know how we're building and developed the podcast, the next live show, TV shows, films, books, We have so many things on the horizon and we look forward to showing you how we're doing it so that you guys can take that information and doing yourself. You don't need nobody to give you an opportunity, go make it on your own.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you guys. Before I passed the mic twenty twenty four for us, I felt like was a very It was a trying year in that it was a transitional year from us change, a lot of change, a lot of trying to navigate things professionally and also from a personal perspective, and we were able to plant a lot of seeds in twenty twenty four. And I read somewhere recently through someone, It's just funny how God sends messages to you through people that this was going to be collectively for you and I the year of harvest. And when I saw that, I almost got like supermo actually kind of did get really emotional because I'm like, that's exactly the conversation I had with God at the end of twenty twenty four, and I felt like he pushed us into a certain direction that forced us to kind of recalibrate plant those seeds and for twenty twenty five at the very top of the year, and this is a separate episode that I'm going to recant the story at the top of the year, getting a text message from someone that completely changed my life and further confirmed to me that this is going to be the year.
Speaker 3: Of harvest for us moving forward.
Speaker 2: So I'm super excited for the blessings that are on en route and the ones that have already taken place. I'm just super excited.
Speaker 8: Trude, what are you looking forward to or elis after ever After? Yeah, man, I'm looking forward to the new iteration of this podcast. I'm looking forward to talking more. I'm looking forward to the dms. You know what I'm saying if you out there, because only single one on the team you are. I'm looking forward to getting married later this year to one of y'all.
Speaker 4: And stop asking me if Triple is really gay triple gay gay triple. Don't like dude, she loves women, so stop asking me.
Speaker 1: I know she's fine.
Speaker 3: She don't want y'all do eligible bachelor.
Speaker 5: With her?
Speaker 2: With her?
Speaker 8: You like trible?
Speaker 1: Your hair?
Speaker 8: No haird like I said earlier, a little hair and on stop nothing but comb.
Speaker 1: You know I can tell you by your sweater. You like here, give me a little fun, So Trible looking forward to the hose? Matt, what you looking forward.
Speaker 5: To the hose? Uh? This is new for me, like speaking in general, but I think it's gonna be fun. I'm looking forward to this getting I'm getting used to the idea of people opening up and people getting to know me, learn the artists and stuff those things, so.
Speaker 1: That Josh I ain't sign up for all of this, Josh, Josh exactly.
Speaker 9: I ain't known this when it first, when the idea came about to do it in this format, I was like, I ain't gonna be on camera. I said that to Ma, say you get a camera and that that'll be your camera, right, and I'll be on the side. But the reality is I didn't understand what the division is. But you know, I got the vision today. Yeah, that's how you want. I gotta like that, you know, But I got the vision today, And the reality is, I'm looking forward to evolution, man, it is.
Speaker 7: It is a great thing to not be stagnant and not to want to be stagnant. So I love this. I love this for y'all.
Speaker 9: I love this for myself, and I'm looking forward to most tempering myself and not embarrassing myself on camera.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: This is the ultimate test.
Speaker 7: It is to you know, think about what you say before you say it.
Speaker 1: It is no bro, absolutely a moment for people to understand that.
Speaker 7: But yeah, so I'm looking forward to that. This is great, good.
Speaker 3: Stuff, good stuff.
Speaker 1: I love that for all of us.
Speaker 3: I sure do.
Speaker 2: Those were awesome moments of truth, all right, y'all. Let me go to my que cons y'all. You know, I'm a little rust decent. We just come back all lot my place, and the sequence of what we got we.
Speaker 1: Having to say, y'all know about heart?
Speaker 3: Do you know by heart? And I just want to make sure nothing changed, do you know?
Speaker 1: Cause what's that podcast name? Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, of course we know that that changed.
Speaker 2: So be sure to find us y'all on Patreon because we're still there and we are aiming to do some more lives on Patreon, y'all.
Speaker 3: We just had to kind of get our footing.
Speaker 2: Like I said, twenty twenty four was a beast, but now that we're kind of recalibrated and we're going to definitely jump on some more lives to connect with you guys more. But you can find us on Patreon if you're not there yet for the after show, because we're still going to have the llis ever after after the show, so we're still building that out. And just so you know that our set, our new set we're super excited about. This is actually Devou's man cave space that we have turned into our set, So thank you.
Speaker 3: For loaning this to us.
Speaker 2: Pleasure, and we're still continuing to like put up the core pieces. We'll have some new furnisure coming in, so just be with us on the journey. You know, we want y'all to see this as it's unfolding in real time. But you can find more exclusive Ellis ever After video content on Patreon and you can find us, of course on social media. So the dead Ass podcast page, if you're on it now, it will eventually change to Ellis ever After, and then you can continue to find me at kadeen I am.
Speaker 1: And I Am devout.
Speaker 4: And if you're listening on Apple podcasts, be sure to rate, review and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Please do. And as always, I'm gonna end every episode holo.
Speaker 5: Hold hold, hold up, they can't find us at Underscore Matt dot l you absolute because I need it?
Speaker 3: Sure you know, Matt, I don't. I don't talk too much, but here's my hand as you should.
Speaker 7: You don't gotta find me on instag you can find me on email me for pricing.
Speaker 1: I n f O at Josh Doway dot com.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I n f O at j O s h u A d w A I N dot com.
Speaker 5: There you go, y'all can.
Speaker 4: Tell Josh is new and I love to get the organic evolution of Josh, because I guarantee you a couple of weeks from now, we're gonna do this again.
Speaker 1: Josh's gonna be telling everybody what to do. That's what Josh like to do. He gonna have his whole Instagram name change pictures of it. I know, I know, Josh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got to feel his way through it. He has to be convinced.
Speaker 8: You can find me on Instagram at Trips the Cool t R I B b Z t H E C double O L. That's also my website and on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and as always, I'm gonna finish every episode with this dead ass.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: That's episode.
Speaker 8: Ellis ever After is an iHeartMedia podcast. It's hosted by Kadeen and Deval Ellis. It's produced by Triple Video, Production by Joshua Duane and Matthew Ellis, video editing by Lashan Rowe.
Speaker 12: To gif had to give You, had to give Me to give you has nothing to kids
Speaker 4: Twenty