Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Am I boring you? Yes? Yawning, shivering. It's cold and I'm tired. It's not cold. I'm sweating.
Speaker 2: You were wearing a grandma sweater and I'm in a T shirt and we're both sweating. Who's messed up?
Speaker 1: This is my widow Cardigan. My husband brought it back from me from the war. Are you a love fool? Yes? Oh god? Is that a ninety song? I just forget. This is serial killers? Love me, love me, sir about you? I like that song. Fool me, fool me you.
Speaker 3: I don't care anything.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, everyone has tuned out. Actually it was a promotion back in the nineties for Z one hundred cool. We had Cardigans. We had Z one hundred Cardigans and I love that. Your phone, it doesn't matter who it is. Don't answer it. It's Nate fine. Put it on speaker, Put it on speaker, put it on speaker telling me he's on the show.
Speaker 1: Not yet. I should know in the next like day, Millennial, if you need me to, I don't mind.
Speaker 3: I'll take your call anyway. It's anytime.
Speaker 1: If you need me, then I'll go, no problem.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter that I'm recording a very successful podcast.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 3: I'll take your call whenever, no mute talking?
Speaker 1: Are you talking? You're buthen? I signed back. I'm so sorry. My job is getting the way of my hobby, of this serial job. This is not a hobby. God bless America. And where's my paycheck? Bitch? Oh welcome? Where's my change for the milk? What I gave you money for milk? Well? I don't have any change, so you spent twenty dollars I put it in the well.
Speaker 2: First of all, milk is very expensive in Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's twenty dollars expensive? No, I cost four dollars for a half gallon? Okay, So where's my sixteen?
Speaker 2: It's crazy, I'm gonna believe it. And you're paying for the milk for the next six episodes?
Speaker 1: Is that cool? Hello?
Speaker 2: Hi, this is episode fifty four at this point. Okay, I've paid for every box of cereal.
Speaker 1: I pay for the services to put this podcast on the site. I'm sorry. What was it like?
Speaker 2: Five dollars a year, a year a month, liar, No show me receipts. I will happily show you the whatever you put.
Speaker 1: It on Elvis's credit card. No, I do you should? This is an Elvis Duran podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're so dumb and you buy all that coffee for him every morning and you pay for it.
Speaker 1: The matter with you? Now, that's different. That's a company card. Okay, that's a company card expense. This is not a company card expense. I don't think he wants to bankroll us eating cereal. Yes he does.
Speaker 2: Elvis loves this podcast and he would do anything for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, he said he wants us to beat Brooklyn Boys. He has said that. Back to the point, Yes, where's my sixteen dollars.
Speaker 2: It's in my pocket, It's in the cereal pouch, and it's gonna buy milk for the next couple of shows.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, all right, cool, So welcome to episode fifty four.
Speaker 2: Cool, Welcome to Monday. Hope you had a nice weekend. I see Scary Jones lurking. Oh you're just cutting through. Hey, buddy, I have to.
Speaker 1: I don't want to interrupt what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: But David Brody is standing in the doorway having a conversation right now.
Speaker 1: And you want to bypass him. I want to bypass him. So I had no choice.
Speaker 2: Do the cut through plus we don't have any heavy cream. That'll be the next episode. We'll call you back in for my heavy cream. I want to eat cereal with heavy cream in it.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 2: My stomach is just turning thinking about it. All right, well, we'll get to some heavy cream and let.
Speaker 1: You know when it's coming up, or cool whip or large. I ate some Crisco and Cereal right now.
Speaker 2: I always see that green and white package in the in the dairy case of lard.
Speaker 1: Who buys that? And what's it for?
Speaker 3: Checks?
Speaker 1: And corn flakes and Crisco?
Speaker 2: Anyway, Andy, So last week I meant to say we got a little it well as they call it, it was a male packet. It came from China. Oh, and I didn't know what the hell was in it and I opened it up and I don't know who it's from still, but look, someone sent us a serial killer cereal sack.
Speaker 1: I love that it's a cereal sack. I love that it's like an actual cereal sat.
Speaker 2: The only thing is, though, I like our cereal sack because it's just a shop right bag, And it makes sound this is you can't hear it.
Speaker 1: So but I thank you very much for the bag. Inside the new cereals. Sid good idea. I think we'll do that. So here is me. You didn't even eat anything yet? I no. I had some honeynut checks before.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a favorite around here. By the way, Elvis was raving about it. Danielle likes it.
Speaker 1: It's delicious. I'm surprised that I only give it three balls in a spoon. Checks are great, the corn checks are great, The honey nut checks are great. Checks, checks, checks.
Speaker 2: I could have had some checks for this episode, but I decided not to pull them out.
Speaker 1: Well, big mistake.
Speaker 2: They'll be in fifty five. Okay, cool, So here we go. We're gonna start with a new box first this week. Great, you're just making the executive decision on that one.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Andy, would you like to go newer? Classic? Let's go new this week, Scotty, We're gonna go classic. So you're such an a hole, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So this this cereal is from General Mills. It came out of twenty nineteen. There's many varieties of it. We've never actually had any of them before, which is really weird, I think. And I'm surprised because there's a box top brand. So I should have had the before. But for whatever reason, even though this was new, it was on special value clearance at the supermarket.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that means they're getting rid of it, or if they're just making room for something else, or if it's not selling, But in any event, it's five or one strawberries and vanilla clusters.
Speaker 1: Can I just say we're eating the same cereal? Were you talking a week? It's the same, it's just different varieties. We had strawberry and vanilla like three boxes ago. I'm sorry what brand was that? Because no, we didn't. Yeah, excuse me, it's that special k root and yogurt clusters. No in back of it, No, that's core fuy. I feel like I've had this. You know nothing about cereal?
Speaker 2: So why don't you just let me lead the podcast and I'm going to do the Scotti shake on.
Speaker 1: It me the podcast. I knew it. I'm talking about the time you knew. Nah, because you're stupid millennial. I never said you're stupid, Andrew, you're very smart. Has your fake allergy to strawberries? That's pygraated? Well I thought that was apples. You're making things up now, anything dehydrated irritates me.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of st rubberies in here, and I love it. They're not dehydrated.
Speaker 1: They're freeze druy. I hate that. It's disgusting. I don't like freeze dried.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 2: I don't see any clusters in here, very small vanilla clusters. Oh you got one in here? Okay, So let me go down to the fridge and go pick up the milk you just paid for.
Speaker 1: It's better to be the best tasting milk I've ever had in mind.
Speaker 2: The crappy Corner deli. And it expires in three days, and it's the newest one that they have, wonderful, and it's fat free Farmland milk. And it was sitting in a pool of water in the bottom of the refrigerator. But if I needed milk, so I had no choice.
Speaker 1: I hope it's clumpy when it comes out.
Speaker 2: Let's see, it smells all right. Usually if milk doesn't really smell, then it's fine.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: It always strikes me funny how you just came out. How you could say to somebody on the show that that milk is bad, or oh yeah, I saw it in a pool. I don't know if the milk is good, all you have to do is say something like that to somebody, and then everyone in the big studio will be like, yeah, I don't feel good. It was definitely the serious and.
Speaker 2: Then they all come in and sniff the cap. However, but if you open milk and you sniff the cat, what's around there is like dried milks. That stuff smells like crap, So it's not necessarily the milk that's inside. All right, here we go, Fiber one, strawberry and vanilla clusters.
Speaker 1: These strawberries are too big big. I love it ready, one, two three, I mean good, but it tastes I don't like the flakes. I don't like the strawberry.
Speaker 2: These are not the same strawberries that are in the especial k red berries, that's for sure. Wait, did you have a vanilla cluster? The flakes are not good. It's because they're very fibrous.
Speaker 1: Oh god, the strawberry tastes like seltzer Seltzer. I see what you're saying. It's not the right fizzles. I get it, but that's not it. I don't like it. I understand.
Speaker 2: I give it two bowls ingredients, whole grain steel cut oats rice, then sugar corn brand vanilla cluster. There's a lot of different grains in here. I don't love the flakes. I really don't. Two bowls and a spoon from me. I do like fruit and cereal, and I think the strawberries are nice.
Speaker 1: They're a little bit this, ain't it? No? So sorry, Fiber one, try again that. Oh that was a bad strawberry. I don't like it, right, Can I see the box? That one tasted burnt. That was like a burnt berry. Stupid Fiber One. What are you doing? I don't like it, and I felt it needed to be put on the floor. Okay, well we'll just leave it there. Good. I'm gonna step on it later. Oh I broke the box.
Speaker 2: Thanks all right. So for this next one, we're gonna have let's just play this.
Speaker 1: Serial Killers listener request.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know how we had our little.
Speaker 1: Tweet what cereal incinerator Fiber one? I didn't get the sound effects? Oh wow, lazy gen x, I have to get.
Speaker 2: The sound effect. My apologies. Okay, I will find one for you anyway. So you know, we've been having the t shirt contest and listeners have actually been tweeting and emailing pictures of themselves with cereal.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I have never had more people in my mentions. Isn't that crazy? Then? Since we started this podcast, it's the craziest thing. Every time I go on my Twitter, I have at least five notifications.
Speaker 2: So I have to say in the Special K episodes, I think was the last one or maybe the one before Liz, she's the one that recommended these cinnamon pecan Special K so I sent her a shirt and right here Alison tweeted us about this cereal going down to the suck Quaker oatmeal squares cinnamon crunchy.
Speaker 1: Oat I'm looking forward to this.
Speaker 2: I don't know because it is okay. Well, no, it appears like shredded whe gutty.
Speaker 1: You say this other tab, I'm not looking forward to the cereal and then you have it and you say, oh my god, it's the best. Does that sound like someone? Oh yeah, because that's you. Are you done to me? Am? I DONEO? I could keep going.
Speaker 2: Okay anyway, So there's cinnamon sticks all over the box, which leads me to believe it's very cinnamony.
Speaker 1: It is heart healthy with one whole grains. I'm looking forward to heart healthy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a different variety, and since Alison sent this picture, I went out and got this one. So Alison, congratulations. A shirt is on the way again, only large and extra large, so eat some more cereals so you can fit.
Speaker 1: Into it or use it as a nice sleep shirt. You can do that, but I want people to wear it.
Speaker 2: I want to be walking on the subway one day and see some slob sitting there in a serial killer shirt.
Speaker 1: See the thing is we need what some slob Our listeners are not slob, not our listener.
Speaker 2: I just want to see some guy like sleeping on a subway in a serial killer shirt do anything to be cool.
Speaker 1: I honestly have no idea what runs through your head. Okay, you confuse me on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, thank you, Allison. You're a wonderful listener of ours. And we're gonna dig in here. See it has the appearance of shredded wheat, but it's not.
Speaker 1: It's I don't like that they have two cinnamon sticks on it because something's it scares me a little bit because I just think back to cinnamon life. Andrew.
Speaker 2: There's also pictures of blueberries on it. You know there's no blueberries in here.
Speaker 5: Wait, do you think those are the mascot? It could be because Quaker oats were mascot, was not the Quaker. I thought it was the blueberries. Did you know my dad was supposed to come dressed up as the Quaker too. We're waiting for you, dad.
Speaker 2: But back in the eighties, Wilford Brimley, our diabetes guy, was the spokesperson for Quaker oats.
Speaker 1: Did you know that? No, it's the right thing to do, That's what he used to say.
Speaker 2: He's just a miserable old man holdings it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: And that was it. I loove. That was a whole campaign here. Wolford Brimley is great, Like all right, so don't pour it in the damn bowl? Okay, but it sounds great in a boat. Oh yeah, Krick, this is going to taste exactly like Cinnamon Life. I have a feeling. No, it's not. Well, it is the same company. Life is also quick. Do you remember how did you like how I remembered we had cinnamon Life. No, well, you just looked back in the Cereal vault and you saw it. Mat No, I didn't. I remember how terrible that tasted, and I was excited because I thought.
Speaker 2: It was going to taste like do you know how many times that you dusted asked me, Eh, can we do this cereal?
Speaker 1: And like, dude, we did it three months ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when huh, when there's been one or two, I'm gonna have to go back and listen.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, you go back and listen, idiot.
Speaker 2: I'm sure one of our faithful listeners can let me know which one that was.
Speaker 1: Here we go. That is for you. This is for me. Although based off this, did you overload this? Try Quaker oat beverage? No, I don't want that too much?
Speaker 2: Ready, Yeah, one, two, three. It tastes like Cinnamon Life. It's crunchier, though.
Speaker 1: Not a cinnamony. I enjoy this. I'll give this three bowls.
Speaker 2: But it has the same cinnamon as Cinnamon Life because it's the same company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they didn't overload it with cinnamon like Cinnamon Life.
Speaker 2: I think after three or four spoonfuls of this, I would get the HUZ like, oh it's too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I don't love it like a good appetite suppressent.
Speaker 2: I'm going two bowls on it. Hello, David Brody, thanks for our spoon Man song. We didn't play it in this episode, but thanks for writing that.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I was going to ask you what the feedback was on it, but now you can't have any feedback. Ye haven't played it yet?
Speaker 2: Well, we played it last times. We played it on Friday. You did, Yeah, so there will be some feedback. We'll let you know when we get it because it hasn't are yet. Oh, and I say, oh, okay, I'll wait a minute. But by the time this has aired, it already aired.
Speaker 1: I'm so confused. Yeah, loved it. Oh.
Speaker 4: By the way, you know there's there's two versions. Did you pick the one you like better?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I picked the one I like bet Okay, I have the other one. I might interchange it from time.
Speaker 4: Right, and I sh'll see if people can guess the difference.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Welcome some special K chocolate special K on the way for you think it's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Also, does Andrew now get the song because you told me? Originally he thought it was a dumb idea.
Speaker 2: He doesn't even know what it is. He still thinks it's pearl jam.
Speaker 1: Well, same city zone even with him. He's such an idiot and I hate him Sound Garden, by the way, I knew it was Soundguarden. He's gonna say Lump.
Speaker 2: Lump lives alone and a buggy Marsh no serial killers.
Speaker 1: Bugs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Andrew, Yes, it's a bonus bag.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Oh wait. Some of the best things we've had have come in bags aka scooters. So is this a multimeal special?
Speaker 2: You would think so because I said bag, but it is not. This brand first came around in the early two thousands.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: It has since been sold to Kashi, so it is now under the Coshi umbrella.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Kashi is under the Kellogg's umbrella.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you knew that, but Kelloggs is like the parent company of Kashi. So it's a lot of umbrellas going on. Great, but I'm going to go down here.
Speaker 1: This is our bonus bag. It's gonna be some granola stuff it is. It's Bar Naked brand. Oh I love Bear Naked. Did you know? Tell me the guy? Now, I feel like I'm you. I'm sure that this fact will be wrong, but go ahead, No, it's right yet, dumb idiot, he's getting angry at you. Now, the guy who made that was on Survivor. He lost really yeah, huh yeah people because people were like, oh, he's a millionaire. He made his own cereal and like sold it. Like, why would we ever want him to play the game? I got you.
Speaker 2: I was looking for the song bar Naked by Sarah Michelle. No, but Jennifer love Hewitt, Jennifer love Hewett. Yeah, I love that song.
Speaker 1: Naked speaking the only person that actually liked Jennifer Love Hewitt's solo.
Speaker 2: Great, we're talking about Jennifer Love hewittt. So when Jennifer Love Hewett came up, she gave me a giant bear hug, hence bear naked, and I have.
Speaker 1: A picture, I swear, Shut up, Scott, seriously.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's why she wrote that song because she gave me a bear hug. And that's why the cereal is because it's bare naked granola. Anyway, So this is cacao and cashew butter, bare naked granola. Now, there was that time we were deciding whether not granola was cereal or not. But it is in the cereal aisle, and some granola does come in boxes. So we're gonna We're gonna do it hot cereal. No, I want to do hot dear. No, I told you, unless your dad comes in dressed like the Quakerman. We are not doing hot cereal because that is oatmeal, and you could do that with diamond.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: Actually, I'm allergic to oat.
Speaker 3: So of course you are.
Speaker 2: You know it's funny, I said to Andrew today, when this podcast is finally done and gone, and he leaves and moves on, and I'm just here by myself, it's gonna be the Diamond and Scotty Bee Serial Killers podcast.
Speaker 1: You won't be able to eat a damn thing.
Speaker 2: You'll just sit there and you go, oh, this box is pretty, and I'll say, yeah, it is five both.
Speaker 6: Breakfast like today at Whole Foods. No god, and I wait it was the breakfast hop bar. And then I waited twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: I have a question for the lunch, come on now.
Speaker 6: So I'm here with breakfast and lunch on here for the debt.
Speaker 1: And I just asked you a question. Yeah this box from Whole Foods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actual retail price well over twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: I bet how much was that.
Speaker 6: I'm all on a budget. I know how I'm doing how.
Speaker 1: Much was that? I don't know you're lying. I swear there's nothing from Whole Foods across seven.
Speaker 6: Dollars because I've bought two different things, so altogether it came up to what's seven plus seven? Like fourteen to fifteen dollars?
Speaker 1: So welcome to the Math podcast. Hey guys, two plus two equalschooloover. All right, bye bye diamond. We'll be going off track now. Uh oh, but burping into the microphone isn't off track? That will be cut out? No, no, won't, No, won't Scottie Burp, Scottie Burp, Scottie Burp. See nineteen's lead it because then people will be like, where'd you put the burp? I don't even know what you're saying. Oh, so you're gonna try and take this all out.
Speaker 2: Look at the cash, you know. Jeff the engineer says cashew. I know it's cashew. Yeah, And Elvis also says umbrella, and sometimes he says Halloween or Thanksgiving. They just put the emphasis on the wrong salable.
Speaker 1: As my teacher used to say, it's like cupone, don't even start.
Speaker 2: That's completely different. Those people don't even get me started on the coupon people.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't take cupon. Oh boy, you just got my blood boiling. Good.
Speaker 2: All right, So it looks like there's pumpkin seeds in here. There's little pieces of cacao and cashew's and cashew butter, so this should be delicious.
Speaker 1: There's a really funny sketch, not that you're even gonna appreciate this, and you'll probably just go uh huh and then just keep talking about cereal. There's a very funny sketch on a show called Portlandia where cacao is their safe word when they have sex, and so still be having sex, and then she'll go, cacao. It looks like there's some quen one here too. Great. I'm talking into a microphone. If no one listening, go no.
Speaker 2: First I smiled, and then I didn't. There's something in there that hit me. There's like a spice in there.
Speaker 1: I was just about to say that, Yeah, was it human? Oh?
Speaker 2: Its like as marry or something like a taraiaki taste. There's like rosemary in here. Yeah, hold on, what's up, puppita. I thought that was a pumpkin seed.
Speaker 1: I don't know. No, I don't like this at all like pine nuts or something. Oh my god, we throw up. Yeah, it starts off great marry. Wait there's ginger and a hinger is what I was thinking. I'm sorry, but if your name is Rosemary, I don't like you. Can we also just talk about this? That's a whole cashew nut. I could choke on that. No, I like you.
Speaker 2: If your name is Rosemary, I just hate rosemary so much. I can't even This is so disgusting to me. The cashews are good, hold on whole grain oats, semi sweet chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, kind of invert cane syrup, which means they turn it inside out.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Rice crisps, cashew butter, expeller pressed sunflower oil.
Speaker 1: That's the second time we've seen that. What is that?
Speaker 2: Cashews, pepitas, whole oat flour, brown rice syrup, cane sugar, sea salt, ginger, rosemary extract. No, no, and no, I don't care if it's fair trade, I ain't eating that.
Speaker 1: I yeah, okay, Can we also do an episode where we just talk about fair trade? Because like, wait, why does this say approved by bears on it?
Speaker 2: There's like a stamp on the back. This as approved by bears.
Speaker 1: Because they actually their test group is bears.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, black ones are polar uh polar Okay, well you know different test audiences.
Speaker 1: This tested very well with the black bears, not so much polar. I got.
Speaker 2: So they put it in a cooler and the bear breaks it out, and whoever breaks open it first, I got you. Okay, even the barcodes a bear.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Get off your phone and look at the bear.
Speaker 2: Hey, Andrew, look at the Bear's a the bar.
Speaker 1: It's a bear code. Shut up. But it's genius.
Speaker 2: I give it a ball in a spoon because I just can't deal with the rosemary or the ginger. It doesn't belong in cereal.
Speaker 1: No, who puts ginger in cereal? No? Someone who clearly los survivor tree huggers, someone who lost survivor. Yeah, ginger and cereal not into it. I give it. This is hard because, to be honest with you, I kept poking around the ball and finding things I like, but together it doesn't make sense. So I'm gonna give this two bowls.
Speaker 2: I can't even go in there and pick out the Cashew's and the coke. Did you just see that shoot out.
Speaker 1: Of my mouth? My tongue is getting a little itchy because it's all.
Speaker 2: It's infused with the rosemary and the ginger, and I just can't take it anyway.
Speaker 1: You like Rosemary separately? Did you listen to any of this when I talked? Or No? Well, you remember when I was talking before you were talking, Oh look it's a bar code. No, you were on your phone, you know what. No. No, because before I told the story about a show I liked, and I even said it in there that I was like, oh, yeah, you're probably not listening to this, and you're just gonna go yep, thanks for listening to episode four. That's what you need. Serial Killers can get me back on this podcast because I want to know what she like. Does she smack you upside your head? Sometimes you have a great week, Sometimes she does enjoy your week. We'll see you on Friday.
Speaker 2: No, please follow us Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, serial Killers PC again. Tweet us with some cereals that you'd like us to review, and if we do, we'll send you a T shirt, but you have to be in the picture.
Speaker 1: We have a new website. It's scott'sanahole dot com. Make sure you check it out. It's just you know, Scott being an a.
Speaker 2: Hole always that the one that took over for andrews ADI dot com because we have not pay for that.
Speaker 1: Gott to go. Thanks for listening to your so funny did you say the licens.
Speaker 2: Of I can subscribe us on all podcast platforms because we're everywhere except the one that we got kicked off of, and that was Andrews.
Speaker 1: So scott'sanahole dot com. Make sure you check it out, like and subscribe. You know, somebody's totally gonna buy that now good. I hope they do. And you know what, I hope I will send you. Just send me an email and guess what I'll give, send you a picture of Scott's face. You're delirious. Yeah, listen to you. I'm filled with rage. It's the freakin' Rosemary. He's going to your brain. You know, it's a true thing.
Speaker 2: Until we see you on Friday. Thanks for listening. And crunch, crumb, crunch, that's how we get out of here. You know, I don't know how to say crunch obviously not Oh you missed your queue.
Speaker 1: Oh I missed my cue Millennial one two three, Crunch, Now you missed your que a whole bye,