Speaker 1: Ben Simmons posted a photo of himself teasing a comeback. He wrote, I wouldn't change the story, the highs, the lows, the pain.
Speaker 2: The time, the lessons. I embraced all of it.
Speaker 1: Every chapter built something in me that I couldn't have built any other way. Grateful for where I've been, proud of where I stand, Ready for wherever this goes. Simmons last suited up for the Clippers in the twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 2: Joe man really going on.
Speaker 3: I think, if y'all want me to be honest, it's still a chance that this young man can still come back to the NBA and play. Now, will he come back and be a point guard in sixteen? No, but you talking about being one of those power forwards or even playing some center Uncle Ojo to where when you rebound the ball you could push it as almost like a fast break. Because I think he'll still be a pretty good defensive player.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the only thing, man, it's gonna always hunt this young man is the fact that he won't shoot that damn ball.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: That's gonna always hunt him. Bro always hunt him. But I think I think he is He's a hell of a playmaker. He's a hell of a player. But to be the number one pick and you're not a scorer in today's game, it's difficult, Bro, it's difficult. You don't think he got a chance on to be a liability? Oh yeah, your liability's old ware. That's why I say he can't come back and play the point guard. He can come back and be like a four man to where you know, screen roll to the basket, play making the little dunker in a little short role in spot.
Speaker 2: You know, if you get the rebound, you push it. You're able to play made.
Speaker 3: But to be a whole point guard like he was and where he facilitating and bringing them?
Speaker 1: Now, can he be Isaeah Stewart? Can he play that role? Get some rebounds, put backs? You gotta have some dog in you for that. Well yeah, fish.
Speaker 3: I guess so their job Isaeah Stewart, got Bro, you got to bring your lunch pail every damn day.
Speaker 4: You can't be playing, but he Isaiah Stewart is an enforceer. Ben Simmons, Ain't that no?
Speaker 2: Absolutely right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't see it, and bit bro teasing all this leavest life lessons bro. That ain't no bro. Get your butt in the gym. If you're gonna come back, come back. If not, just move it along, come on back. Brims and riddles.
Speaker 2: And that's today's era, that's how they move.
Speaker 1: Minnesota is locked down for the w NBA playoffs. The leagues are the first team to secure playoff birth. Kayler McBride breaks the NBA record for the most w NBA record for the most threes in the game.
Speaker 2: She made ten.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, she was ten of fourteen scored a career high forty three points. Here the coaster look at McBride's record breaking effort. She was shot seven of seven on contested field goals for eighteen points, nine of fourteen or open looks for twenty five, fifteen or nineteen for forty one points off of teammates passing, including eight or nine from field goals off of the spectacle Olivia Miles for twenty two points. She shot nine of thirteen for twenty seven points. So catching shoot attempts perfect five or five fourteen points with Payd Beckers as the primary defender.
Speaker 2: Right now, there the prohibited favorites.
Speaker 3: Ooh, prohibited ocho yeah then I'm gonna keep it real with y'all. I don't really see no team messing with this Minnesota team right now. It ain't even just Oliver your Miles as a rookie doing her thing. You see Kayler McBride doing her thing, but Fee since Fee came got feedback, Yeph. It ain't even Ocho Fe. She the one won. She won the one on one tournament, not last season, but the year before in Miami and in the what's that league?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah? Your rival? Yeah, in the rival league? She won that. So look, she got hurt, but she came back. She can go.
Speaker 3: I ain't even talking about just offensively, uncle Ojo Man. I watched them play against the asist She did a hell of a job in guarden Asia, Like she can shoot the three.
Speaker 2: Like she's a hell of a leader, Joe. Not to cut you off, unrivaled, unrival she's a she's a hell of a leader. A man.
Speaker 3: Minnesota got everything you could want in a in a in a squad, bro, they got great defenders, scores, playmakers.
Speaker 2: You're right. They they in the driver seet right now. Bro.
Speaker 1: I know, I know Dallas is kicking themselves in the butt for taking azy food over obliver your miles.
Speaker 2: Dat. But see that's something you can't You couldn't really see that though, No.
Speaker 1: You could see that she could pass the ball like that. But you know, look, you ain't think she was gonna come. You ain't think gonna live your miles coming into the w n b A doing what she's doing now. Th But she was doing it in college or if you watched her, if you watched her, she was getting trouble doublecause this is like that TCU.
Speaker 2: Now she was balling. Don't get me wrong. I seen him. I seen him play. I seen him. But what she doing huh? But what she doing in this w n b A.
Speaker 1: But you but I think when when I see, when I see like that, and then the game is more open because they ain't nobody running No. Two Z two three zone, They ain't running No. One three one stuff like that. So she gonna be able to play. She's gonna be able to operate in space. And she got wiggled. She can handle the ball man. You see how either she be getting down here.
Speaker 3: Oh she not only can she handle the ball man, her I Q for the game. Oh Joe, it's so high. I'm talking about some of the passes she made. She made the game look easy. Bro, Like when you watch people play and you see how comfortable they look out there, and you're like, damn, why the game looks so easy? When when she played or he played, bro Olivia Miles got it, man, she got it.
Speaker 1: She got it Bro plus o Joe. What does she have now? She got better players? Yeah, you just can't up on her.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Now.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be look right now, they're the prohibited favorites. And she's the best rookie that I've seen since Cannas Parker. Yeah, Cannon was a monster. Cannons won was m VP as a rookie. Yeah, And I think she won Defensive Player of the Year also as a rookie. She had it all man and her height and and and and it's gonna be close. I think I think the voting is gonna be close between Asians. I think Asian is gonna win the m v P. And I think she's gonna win Defensive Player of the Year again. You think so. Yeah, she's leading in points, she's second at rebounding. She's like first or second in field goal attempts, she's first in blocks, She's like third and steels sounds.
Speaker 2: Like MVP numbers and me, yeah, yeah, she hed.
Speaker 1: Look, they did a number on them. They collapsed her, they suffocated her. On defense, they did a umblelie. They did an unbelievable job on them. You know, feels the defensive player of the year. Yeah, I mean it wasn't like yo oh man, I can't believe he didn't. Y'all don't do y'all realize who fee is?
Speaker 3: Hey, I told you I've seen the defense you played on uh on Asia.
Speaker 1: The Dallas dis Time for our Big Three Recap Week seven, Joe Dallas Power beat the Chicago Triplets fifty to forty.
Speaker 2: The number one seed was on the line.
Speaker 1: Dallas answered the way they have all season, forty five points forty excuse me, forty five rebounds to twenty eight, eighteen of them offensively. Monroe went sixteen and thirteen like it was twenty twelve. Elijah Stewart added sixteen to cap on the MVP caliber year, and Dallas heads to the playoffs as the top seed. Joe, Man, I told you, are you surprised Dallas one? Seemed like they wasn't fairly easy. Nah, I'm not surprised. See Chicago. Heavily depends on Montreal. Harrald.
Speaker 3: You know, he was amazing thirty six points a game, so you know, like if he yeah, if he ain't playing great again o jo which he was teen for twenty three to day with twenty four points, and that was pretty much it. You got power. Who gonna have at least three guys and double figures. Greg Monroe sixteen, Elijah Stewart sixteen, and Cameron Smith had twelve.
Speaker 2: But TJ.
Speaker 3: Klein plays hard to collectively as a as a team, as a unit, they're a much better team than Chicago Triplets. See Chicago Triplets. They have to be heroic with Montreal just to win a game. It's hard, man, It's hard to play at that level for an extended period of time throughout the whole entire season. So I expected him to come down to earth a little bit and if the mother guys don't chip in, it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be hard on the win.
Speaker 4: Hey, the Miami teams still in it, Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, they hanging on. They hanging on. If we talk about them in a second DMB trilogy. Beat the La Rides fifty one thirty four. Earl Clark closed this season twenty three points, thirteen rebounds, and a statement win. DMV hit nine threes, defended everything, and held the LA to thirty four points.
Speaker 2: For LA.
Speaker 1: It was a sad ending to a season that started with so much promise, all the preseason hype. The roster everyone circled in June never quite came together. No, they didn't know what happened. What happened to the Riot?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They got off to a decent start. I thought Jordan Crawford was gonna be in the MVP race this year because he a bucket getter. But I don't know, Man, the chemistry just wasn't that great this year for whatever reason. After them first, I think two games, Yeah, the season, they.
Speaker 2: Kind of the beat they beat Remember they beat Miami. Yeah yeah, yeah. They tape it off.
Speaker 3: They tape it off every since then, DMV Trilogy didn't have the season, and I'm sure they wanted to have. But you know, Steven Jackson gonna have some dollars over there, bro. They were solid.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think they I don't think they're gonna make the postseason neither.
Speaker 1: But I think they did the Miami the Miami three or five beat the Houston rig had fifty one forty right off Miami at old risk after rocky season.
Speaker 2: Guess what.
Speaker 1: They're back, Lance, Stevenson, Michael Beasley scored forty five of the team fifty one points.
Speaker 2: Lance dropped, Lance dropped twenty five.
Speaker 1: Bes dropped twenty and Miami is officially the board seed and the team nobody wants to see in August. Yo, you said this, You said, hey, if they make the playoffs, ain't nobody want to see them? And they got they they're playing their best basketball at the right time.
Speaker 2: They are what they'll told you man Beasley and Stevenson. Bro.
Speaker 3: When they play at this level, Uncle Ojo, it's gonna be tough to beat them now. They they fought and they clawed throughout this whole season just to get in this postseason, just getting this playoff. And I'm sure it's a lot of other teams out there who did not want to see the boys, but they gonna be locked and loaded Lance and Bees locked in.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: They always gonna have a chance to rest of them. Guys. Hell, they just gotta be bodies out there.
Speaker 1: Detroit Ams beat the Boston ball Howks fifty one thirty nine. Detroit season ends here, but it ends the way you wanted, with a win and the glimpse of what's coming next year. Boston was locked into the three seed going into the game. Joe, Uh, you guys, y'all got hot at the end? Yeah, a play spoiler man, when you're out of it. You can't make the postseason, and you got a team like like the ball Holls with Jeremy Pargo, who was in the MVP race, play spoiler man, come out that play hard. You never know whats gonna happen. Mess up their plans. Hell, yours messed up here? Why not messed owns up? There we go, Detroit. We were in the win column.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: So here's the playoff pitcher. Dallas versus Miami, Chicago versus Boston.
Speaker 2: What you got? Who you like?
Speaker 3: Joe Dallas versus Miami. Oh, that's first, Dallas versus Miami.
Speaker 4: Miami you already know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Joe, Hey, Dallas got see, Miami got two guys and bees and Land gonna they're gonna get money. But Dallas got three guys.
Speaker 3: And out of them three guys, one of them three guys can go for twenty two to twenty five points. You know what I'm saying, If not our love the huh maybe even thirty. Yeah, So I don't know, man. You know, Dallas ain't fout this hard to get the number one seed. Oh your think they finish? Come right ahead? You know what.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna lean toward Dallas, you know what.
Speaker 4: And that's why Miami gonna win because you leaning towards Dallas.
Speaker 2: All right? Bet right, put some on it.
Speaker 4: Huh, put some on it. You already owe me five hundred? No, no, hey, Joe, Well, I'm telling you boy.
Speaker 1: Chicago versus Dallas, I mean, Chicago versus Boston.
Speaker 2: Who you got, Joe, Chicago versus Boston? That's my Tres. I think Boston.
Speaker 3: I think Boston has a chance, Ocho, because they got guys who can guard Trids and make it tough for him. You know, if, if, if, if Tris don't get no help from some of the other guys on the Triplets team, it's it's gonna be one and done for them.
Speaker 1: Pier point blank, MVP race Pargo of Tris. Who you got, Joe? What's the numbers looking like?
Speaker 2: Tres? Probably at about he gotta be in probably about twenty at twenty, probably about thirty and ten. Damn.
Speaker 3: I know he ain't played as many games as everybody else, Ojo.
Speaker 2: But the fact that he got them numbers they mean something. Bro. Yeah, and his team made the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't know they they I hope my boy Pargo get it. But if Tres get it and man can't, nobody really say a whole hell of a lot playoffs.
Speaker 1: In the Celebrity Game of the August fifteenth in Dallas at twelve p Eastern twelve pm Eastern on CB. Yes, Oh, Joe will be appearing in the game. Let's hope he gives a better showing that what he did last year, because he was on some bull John.
Speaker 4: And my showing was good. Hey, I'm on the fly arm.
Speaker 2: I all though about to fly yeah on you to put you in the game.
Speaker 4: He on. Now, I can't even see Hey, hey, I ain't even see the flyer. Man.
Speaker 2: You at the top, you at the top, up there. I'm gonna have to pop out on y'all up there.
Speaker 4: You said you was coming.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be come on, man, just slow.
Speaker 4: Down, turbot, Hey, Joe, if you ain't on the sideline, man, I ain't playing, man.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be there, Old Joe, I got you, bro, I got that.
Speaker 4: I'm saying I can come down there to Atlanta, get like two days with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get some work man.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Lord, Hey Joe, Yeah, I'm gonna come in probably probably come in Wednesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Speaker 2: So the bag while you're there. You will get the bag while you're there.
Speaker 4: Old Joe, are you gonna be in town?
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna ship it to it. Okay, you don't don't tell my being this You don't, you know, I don't like you know how you know, you know bed discreet? You know I don't like my being out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah bye, bad bye bad Hey.
Speaker 4: Hey Joe, I'm gonna come in Wednesday. Man, get two days real quick with you.
Speaker 2: Man, all right, bet I got my boy. He got a gym. It's gonna be.
Speaker 4: I thought we were going to the Hawk gym or you want to go to a little private private area.
Speaker 2: I got, I got we got a little bit of bore. Don't where I got you?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, don't forget that. Answer the phone, he Joe, No, not to answer the phone. He don't answer the Phonebody, you might be taking the nap. He might be taking the nap again.
Speaker 2: Leave it alone. Don't even chime in or leave it alone. Leave alon all right, it's time. But even if it's time for q a.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Chris Person seventy five or two.
Speaker 1: Rights had twenty two touchdowns and twelve game He did had a historic season in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 2: That was the straight shortened season.
Speaker 1: That's why you only see twelve games and twenty two touchdowns. He was Offensive Player of the Year two times Offensive Player of the Year as a wide receiver. Speaks volume to it all Sports talk eighty four or three, eight forty three. Fellas, I knew you to put your prompter hat on your promoter hat.
Speaker 2: How can we save boxing? David V.
Speaker 1: Haney is too much money to be made not to have that big fight.
Speaker 4: You know, ain't no promoter hat going. They ain't gonna They ain't gonna help nothing. Hey, hypotheticals ain't gonna help nothing. What's gonna help These dudes got gotta want to fight each other. That's all they come down to. And then the money got to be right.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying they offer them boys a bag, they'll fight.
Speaker 4: Well, hell, I mean the problem is they ain't offering the right bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all. But I think if they see the thing is we looking at the right fact.
Speaker 1: We look at fights like with Mayweather fought pack y'all, Mayweather fought this guy or uh sugar ray Letter was fighting herds and Haggler and the brand.
Speaker 2: These guys didn't build up no name O Joe.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, yeah, but the two names that he just mentioned, he said, Okay.
Speaker 1: What way do we fight that? Hain't he gonna want to fight at forty seven? They want to fight a catch with shakuris don't want to fight in the Catchwaight.
Speaker 4: He gonna have to. I mean, Devin is just a bigger individual in general. It got to be a catchweight. I thought the catchweight was one forty four.
Speaker 2: But then you're gonna well, I don't want to rehydrate back up and just.
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't know, man. It's like, man, he they got into the wrong sport. That don't nobody want to lose. Don't nobody, man, I don't want to get heard. Bro, you gotta put yourself in harm's way. Oh, Joe, and stepping in the ring is really not putting yourself in If I step on the football field, yeah I could fall, But going across the middle is putting yourself.
Speaker 2: In harm's way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, running slants, running shallows, that is putting yourself in harm's way. Throwing a punch when there's something that could come back, that is putting yourself in harm's way. Sitting in the pocket, that is putting yourself in harm's way. Yes, So I don't know why guys chose to fight if they don't want to be in harm's way. That isn't that a part of it? That's this is your expertise here.
Speaker 4: Is a part of it also, but again this is boxing. When it comes to boxing, especially in today's era, you got to protect that zero because this is prize fighting. Therefore, the prize has to be correct for you minute to take a chance on.
Speaker 2: Losing.
Speaker 4: So if I'm taking a chance for one that got the money, got to be right. And obviously they look at you different. This ain't like mm A, Ump and Joe, This ain't like mm A. You can lose it mm A and still make it purs and still be somewhat relevant in a sense to be able to get the fights and command that kind of person you want to in boxing.
Speaker 2: It ain't like Ack y'all got big fights and he had five losses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's it's different. It's different for certain individuals.
Speaker 1: Sugar Ray got big fights, Hearn's got big fights, Hagler got big fights.
Speaker 2: Name somebody that didn't get big fights the only guy.
Speaker 4: But that's back then. It's different now, this eraor boxing different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they won't fight. The only difference is they won't fight.
Speaker 4: That too, that that too, and you have to protect that zero in order to command the kind of money you want to. That's why everybody protects.
Speaker 2: The old man.
Speaker 1: The only guy that that seems like he'll fight anybody. Ryan Garcia, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. He itching to get out there. I mean he dropped out to what forty to take on tank, depleted himself. He fought hany what he fought Handy at forty seven. Yeah, I mean, look, at some point in time, you gotta fight. Everybody want to be Bud Crafted, everybody want to be Floyd Mayweth everybody. But the one thing about.
Speaker 4: Boy Fault, Yeah yeah, he got.
Speaker 2: Floyd Fault got it.
Speaker 1: He thought he fought had he fought a CODO, he fought corrals, he fought hold on.
Speaker 2: Did y'all fight ud, did y'all fight? Did y'all watch roach last fight? Yeah? That boy got out on him. The man.
Speaker 1: I think he underestimated old Boy. Yeah you think so. Yeah, because he thought, you know, he said he wasn't expecting the movie. He thought he was gonna be flap standing right there in front of him.
Speaker 4: Was always been a pressure fighter. He always just comes forward. Always, he's always he's always for everybody like that. He comes forward. He's not stopping.
Speaker 2: But I guess he. I guess he has some move had some movement this time around. O Joe.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I want to see the fight. Hey, I like Hey, Like I said, if you if you think about it, really the only guy that that's been undefeated and got big. I mean, if you go back and look at all the fighters, all the fighters lost, they ain't an do fighters that's been up to retire. I mean not Budd. Budd is retired undefeated. You got Mark, Rocky Marciona, and you got Floyd Mayweather. So in the history of boxing, you got three guys that retired undefeated everybody else got losses. I think that's a figure in their imagination. I think, man, the money won't be right, the money won, the money will be that if you if you.
Speaker 4: Interested, Oh that's that's that's the whole. That's a whole nother.
Speaker 2: Looking away anyway, is he interested all yother? Do you like to see him fight?
Speaker 4: Very interesting?
Speaker 2: Is he interrested? Joe? You'd like to see him fight?
Speaker 4: And he has a fan friendly fighting style. Boots has a fan friendly fighting style. Those that don't, you got to be cautious.
Speaker 2: Guess what o yoe? Guess who paid the salaries fans?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: You could say they casual and they don't know what they're talking about. But when they put them money in their pocket and they don't pay for pay per view or they don't take their ass to.
Speaker 2: The fight, then what happened?
Speaker 4: Are you right?
Speaker 2: Hell? I know a fight of them fighting this hometwn and people walk out to fight on it? What damn?
Speaker 1: That ain't none of my business. I don't even know why I brought that up. But anyway, I'm just saying, everybody can't be Floyd. Everybody can't be Bud Crawford.
Speaker 2: You can't a.
Speaker 4: Fight.
Speaker 2: It's money to be made, o Joe. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, if you hear all the great fighters talk, what they say, Hey, I want to prove I'm a champion. I want to prove on the best. You got a belt. I don't like you having a belt. I want your belt. I'm gonna come get it. Yeah, man, what that looked like? Man? Hey, man, give me the other guy. I don't want the number one dB, I want the number two dB. No, I'm the best. Bring your ass on over here. You say you Hey, you say you're a power. Look well get some prequel. Fly miles, come on over here. Follow me, don't ay because I'm following.
Speaker 2: I follow you. Yeah. Fight, I want to see guys fight. Last night.
Speaker 1: Last last night show, Organojo was trying to compare Cleveland to the division win the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 4: Really No, we tried to play who.
Speaker 1: To the Pittsburgh Steelers? I asked, We said talent for talent? I said, if do Cleveland have more talent when you look at offense, defensive, special teams? Do they have more talent than Baltimore? Do they have more talent in Cincinnati? We went through a list we also did. We did Jacksonville, we did Houston, we did Indy, We did a lot of team.
Speaker 2: Don't do that ct your team poop no way.
Speaker 1: You guys talking about talking toughness and violence without talking hint Ward. But man, look here Hines could have played it. How's how Hans is a nineteen sixties seventies receiver.
Speaker 4: And he did everything with a smile on his face.
Speaker 2: Man, he Haines was mean.
Speaker 4: Broy crackback blocking, knocking, knocking DB's out, knocking safeties out.
Speaker 2: Got your got Keith River. They changed the rules because of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bro keep the bro key riddle River jaw crack back. Damn Yeah I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, andre Ward chating. Somebody just said andre Ward is undefeated. Also he is.
Speaker 2: Dre saying, hey you off for Drea bag Dre get back in there.
Speaker 4: Hey hey, I'm waiting. I'm waiting on him now. I didn't called him out that.
Speaker 2: One thing about Dre Dreb.
Speaker 1: Been listening to Dre talk Dre like, Hey, I don't know, I might care a cab, but for the right price, I sure like to find out. Almighty James. Two times I think Todd wants to start. You do her but the big Dog's not gonna let that happen. M It's hard to have a forty six million dollar guy on the bench. Either you gotta either you gotta play it or you gotta trade him. You try to release it, but he can't be on the bench. While you and O Joe was gone, Isiso was doing the best ice Cube impersonation and he's still in character.
Speaker 2: Nightcap fan base were up, We're up. I don't know what we do. Hey, hey, we the gold standard?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, absolutely, Hey, guys, cheers till my Minnesota Lynx, especially Kayle to make bride dropping forty three.
Speaker 2: This team is stacked. Landy Ray, that's from Landy Ray. You know she gets.
Speaker 1: Excited about her you know the vikings, but then she'll be disappointed. Minnesota Timberwood, you know, we going all the way. You might have something, lady with this one, because the leaks are they're loaded, and they're playing extremely well.
Speaker 2: And now they got feet back defensively. Oh lord, yeah, they look good. Man.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, I saw Fitzgerald get Revers the business one game and then Revers said after the game he hates defending in the slot. It's much harder defending in the slot compared to our side. Absolutely, because that guy can go any of them where, all the way across the field, start across and come back. They got the will Rowns, they got the option, they got the the zall row route.
Speaker 4: We got too much, too much.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 4: Ain't easy now, too much space to work with.
Speaker 1: And guess what I got. I'm running your ass all into the umpire. I'm running into your own guy. Hey, you out there? Why that what they call it? An island? Ain't nobody out there with you and him?
Speaker 2: Damn? Who you got? Prime?
Speaker 1: Halle Berry, angela Basket, Pam Grier, start, bitch, cut who you got, Joe.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start with you, Joe.
Speaker 1: Halle Berry, Angela Bassett, Pam Grier and a prime Prime.
Speaker 2: I'm going Halley, Pam angel for you a fool? Who?
Speaker 1: Okay, he go, you're gonna start, He's gonna start paying. No, he's gonna start, Halley, You're starting, Halley. Huh, I'm going Pam. Okay, you're gonna bitch Pam and you're cutting Angela Bassett? Yeah, okay, Joe, what you got?
Speaker 4: But Joe tastes budd so goddamn bad boy. Well, I'm starting Angela basket boy, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: And you start anime? What anime from?
Speaker 4: And I'm starting and I'm starting Angela boy, I'm going Pam Grill in her prime second and and Holly Berry you know you, you know you was a real deal with a short buzz cut. But to sit there.
Speaker 2: He see see Ocho problem man? Had it been band so long? Look how he do Halle throwing? Look? Look see see o. Joe and Boomerang, they tried to downplay Hallie like she wasn't the baddest thing on Boomerang too until she until toward the end, you see when she stepped in and she started playing her part.
Speaker 4: Huh, Hey, Joe, Joe, you do realize we talked about Angela Bassting and Pam Grill, who's been bad longer than this.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen, listen, Pam, Pam Grill, she tough as a wooden nickel. I know exactly what you do. I know exactly what you're talking about. Pam Grill tough. I already hold on. She tough as a what a wooden nickel? Yeah, she tough as a wooden nickel. Hey, I'm using that y'all remember what you call him, Hanne Bear with the crackhead. She was gay the girl fridj Yeah, I remember that. I remember that.
Speaker 2: Man. It was different then.
Speaker 1: Boy God, yeah, you know, Joe, I'll be out like I'll be hald of that hair bad.
Speaker 2: Oh you're going pay him. I already know you're going on, Joe, Hold on, Joe, hold on, hold on, Hey, listen.
Speaker 4: The fact that I'm taking this long after seeing Angela basket right now to this day and seeing Angela Baskett end up Prime, seeing prim Grill end up.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, is that, Oh, Joe, you're gonna realize you do realize in the nineties that that that that that that the.
Speaker 2: Hall of Barry come hunt Jada Pickett And here you'll talk.
Speaker 1: About the fact now that I think about it, I got to take her cat the chicken to pull the pull the pull the stick on me.
Speaker 2: Man. She she she had that cut. What yeah, cut, you're like that?
Speaker 1: But she was she was built like Angela Bassett. She just had a haircut. They had a complexion like Halle Berry. Okay, she had a complexion, but she was about five nine bout one sixty.
Speaker 2: See, I think she said she like one sixty five, one sixty eight.
Speaker 4: Hey, I understand you and Joe, but there there is no there is no version. There is no version. As bad as Holly Berry was. That is better than Angela Basset and Pam Grid and they prime none. I mean, and I mean that, I mean that respectfully. Huh.
Speaker 2: You ever seen in person who halee?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen all three of them in person. Yes, yeah, I mean That's why I said respectfully.
Speaker 1: That woman really on the eyes, Joe, I see her.
Speaker 2: I seen in person too. I know what you're talking about. It you fellows.
Speaker 1: Richard Sherman said, Reevers arm bar is illegal in today's NFL.
Speaker 2: Do you agree? O Jo did it? The fact you when you played.
Speaker 4: No, his armbro wasn't illegal. He did.
Speaker 2: He did it illegal today.
Speaker 4: I mean even when he when he did it, it wasn't impeding the receiver. He did it as a as a guy to be able to feel where the receiver was and then imped what the receiver was trying to do. So they wouldn't call it today. They wouldn't. They wouldn't call it feeling. Feeling where the guy is is one thing, not impeding where he is. But being able to keep yourself in position to be able to make a play is what he did.
Speaker 2: Because he always did it. He did a great job of.
Speaker 4: A his His ball skills was unfing believable.
Speaker 2: He gonna get it.
Speaker 4: He gonna get his head around right away. Every time once you pass five or six, seven yards, he get his head around right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: With all that being said, I'm going. Uh, I'm going. Angela Bassett had Pam Grier.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 2: So I got I gotta agree, I gotta agree. I gotta agree with you.
Speaker 1: Uh, Mike, Mike one hundred step and three point go and got kids chucking up three Tell you this lie, don't make you no bad brother?
Speaker 2: All right? So why you let Jay Smooth Junk dunko Nash like that? Man? Listen, move caught so many bodies.
Speaker 3: Boy, he got some nasal ones, he got some na.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I want to thou, I would a thousand dollars porters, uh uh and the dunk Contest would uh with Smooth one of dunk contest a dipper. Oh Porter was in the dunk Untest. Porters he better be Clinton Porters. Oh you want to tell you? Yeah, I went with Smooth. Come remember smooth. Come back there, that Dominique Jersey.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, Hey boy, Hey, oh Joe, that boy can get out the bed and do a windmill.
Speaker 2: Now that that boy got Hey, Josh Smill, that boy, that boy got.
Speaker 4: Some spring after how tall Josh was.
Speaker 2: Six nine see six nine, six nine and a half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that boy, I mean it left it when you're already tall like that, it don't it don't really do nothing for me, Joe. When you like six two and six three and you jumping out the gym, it just.
Speaker 2: Looked like dunk like John Moran.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh it just looked better. But yeah, oh man.
Speaker 2: But hey, when you're a tall dude and you got some bunnies.
Speaker 1: Yeah oh yeah, he got ups now, Ojo. He liked the white Howard, the White Howard tall, but that white Howard got ups.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the one that one legue he got when he spring off that one leg Oh Joe, he taking flight, that boy.
Speaker 2: Hey, that boy can fly. Boy, ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: I love all the content you put out. Shout out to King Io and my fellow ball brothren o Jo. We appreciate that, Yes, sir, appreciate that all to the mans, just the gag on fifteen pop oy biscuits with no lemonade to wash it down against Devra.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty, who got who got? Betweenty?
Speaker 1: Oh Kawhi because remember Kawi?
Speaker 2: Remember the Clippers?
Speaker 1: Oh Joe Joe had a three one lead in the bubble in the bubble, Yeah, and had the lead in every in games uh five, six and seven had leads and lost all of them sixty point lead and if I'm not mistaken a game in game.
Speaker 2: Seven, Yeah, because they had a whip too.
Speaker 3: They had a whip in that bubble they had I'm talking about they probably had the best defensive perimeter guys you could.
Speaker 2: Want on your damn team? Did they have PG? Pat Bell? Kawhi Kawhi and I mean his healthy Kawhi? Man? What the healthy PG? Come on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: You ain't you ain't thinking? Nobody walking through them?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 1: Luca walk them board down? Uh No, Jamal Murray walked them down. And Michael Porter Jr. Because remember they failed. Michael Porter Junr. Is only for his back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, do y'all think they're.
Speaker 1: Band Kawhi from the NBA and everything associated with it? No, no, I think you'll get I think they're I think they're looking at that suspension.
Speaker 3: Possibly definitely probably suspension. Uh but band, no, they ain't banning. If they ain't banning unless you out there doing some cocaine.
Speaker 2: Or something for real. Betting on the games, Yeah, bend on the game. Yeah.
Speaker 1: How do you get over someone you love deeply? Been back and forth, been back and forth over a year. I messed it up from the start. Man, I seen, hold on, I seen. I'm saying ship he break up? He putting meat on something that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how you get it, to get over somebody, to let somebody else get up under you.
Speaker 4: I'm how old is oh?
Speaker 1: He didn't say Noah did not tell us how old he was. Oh, Joe, how you get over somebody?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yo?
Speaker 4: Sure? I think about how much of my saved once they're gone, you were. I think about how much I'm saving once they're gone. I'm not I'm not, I'm not, I'm not lying, But Joe, you laughing, Joe. But when I'm when it's time to break up with somebody, I always think about the whole point is well, I'm the one doing for you. I mean, obviously you are an asset in some kind of way. But I'm thinking about I'm thinking. I'm thinking about the money I'm saving. Okay, you leaving, okay, bye, And I love to hear what you won't do the next man will well, God damn, we'll do me that favor. That don't That ain't hurting me. I'm cool. I ain't true, but I'm a little I'm a little different because I look at I look I look at relationships from a different lens as opposed to when I'm when I'm losing someone, I'm looking at it from a financial standpoint of that's someone else's burden. That ain't my responsibility no more. I'm okay with that. So I look at it different. Other other dudes like, No, I don't want to lose that extra added expense. I ain't got no problem losing added expense.
Speaker 2: Is all she is. All she is an expense to you, y'all don't really have anything in common.
Speaker 4: It's still an expense, no matter what. I don't care what we got in common. You are still an added expense. And if I'm losing an added expense, why in the hell am I chasing the bill?
Speaker 2: Why damn? Why I mean that that's what it.
Speaker 4: Come down to, Joe. I mean, I'm not trying to be rude or nothing, but what once you get past all the emotional Oh I love you and all that Kiki and ha ha bullshit, it's still an expense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but damn, what are you doing? You bought a condo, you bought a rolls Roy Damn.
Speaker 4: It don't matter. And it don't matter what scale you buying on you on them on in some way you.
Speaker 2: Man, do month put you in the pole house bad. You don't need to day it.
Speaker 4: Ain't that's an extra two three thousand in my pocket. I ain't got to spend.
Speaker 2: Nah, you're gonna spend it.
Speaker 1: Because the one thing I know about you, you ain't gonna spend no money that anybody. You're not gonna go outside of your scope of your budget.
Speaker 2: Never.
Speaker 4: I don't care who I'm with about your business.
Speaker 2: So even if it's two thousands, you're gonna spit it.
Speaker 4: On something, probably some cigars.
Speaker 1: True, man said damn that. Yeah, I don't know, bro. It's it's to eat your own. I mean, it's it's tough.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I've always I've been a firm believer in this breaking up. It's easy to do when you're doing the breaking up when you don't want to let go and sometimes eat. And I've been there, bro, I've been in a situation where I've been wrong, I've done wrong and still didn't want to let go.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: But hey mm hmmm, when she says it's it, I mean you can only you can only like what can I do? And she say nothing? And you name rattle off some things that you might be willing to do, and she said, still that ain't it. I'm out, Joe, I ain't got nothing to kill.
Speaker 4: I'm not rattling all ship uncle Joe man man bye, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Because once you get caught doing something, she ain't never gonna trust your ass again. I don't care what she tell you, now you right, yo, she ain't gonna trust your ass again, and constantly bring it up there you go where you're.
Speaker 4: At, every every little argument that's right.
Speaker 1: Ben's gone gonna get it all to that be high God, to the I mean, I can't go over there no more.
Speaker 2: You ruin that what you call it to that you was in the cut. I can't go over there. Yeah, yeah, hey.
Speaker 4: You know you know how most people like, I'm just I'm just thinking about it right like, And I take that very very serious because you know, Joe, you know me, you know personally now for a little bit. And and the way I've always been is when I'm with you, I'm locked in. When when things when things don't go right, then the business side of things is are going through my head. So that's why if you were like there a lot of people they may laugh and all, but once once things fold in a sense and I see it's not gonna work, then I started thinking from a financial standpoint, Okay, it's saving me more because there's really nothing you're adding of value to me in that sense. That's why it's so easy for me to let go. I don't know why I've always been wired like that in a sense, especially that I'm seasoned now and I understand what's going on out there and I know ain't nothing out there. It's just easy. It sounds stupid, but it works for me. It's always worked for.
Speaker 2: Me, that's all. It battles. But it took it took experience for you to get to that point though, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, Like you gotta think think about a cat who ain't but twenty three, twenty two, who ain't been through nothing, you know what I mean, hard man. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's hard explain because for us as men, we we we we date women and we're dealing with them, and we kind of once we once we date them with someone, we see it as that's my property ownership. I never I never viewed it that, And a lot of men we view relationships and dealing with a woman as that's mine. I own that. Especially when when that money started coming into play, you started doing and well it's a young boy, it's it's a dirty game. It's a dirty game. And when you when you played it long enough, you know, the antennas act a little different. You know when you when you've been number two for so long, you see all the games that they play in the ladd that they're telling them, how they move and how they seek.
Speaker 3: What Joe, oh, Joe. When the patterns switch up, that's when I switched the hell up. Yeah, yeah, switch up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I pay attention and every little every little, every little thing, I'd be locked in. It takes one thing. Well, once the maintenants go up and I see something, Yeah, I told you like you just say, hey, oh you want to be funny, all right, we can make it a comedy show. Now, you can make it a comedy show.
Speaker 2: I mean, you do that.
Speaker 1: That would make you no bad brother, though I don't it, don't it, don't Christin Maynard sixty seven to two. Hey, oh jo Io, big shout out from you guys to you guys from the Bahamas. This is the best show, no doubt. No one can compare. You can't compete where you can't compare. Yes, sir, that's what's up. That's really what's going on. And we appreciate that. It's uh, it's comments like that. It's like you guys showing up for us every time we show up, and we really, really really appreciate that. I don't think you know, sometimes words can express adequately how grateful we are, And sometimes I wish I had a thousand tongues so I can tell you how just how thankful I am that you're able to to share with us, and we're able to share with you. You know, have a laugh, and we you know, some things that require a serious, serious tone, and then sometimes for.
Speaker 2: The most part, we're able to have fun.
Speaker 1: And though those are times like that that I wish I could just like, guys, I really really appreciate that, y'all know, I appreciate it considering what we what we are, what I went through personally, and have you guys to still show up and an ay, we love you, we support you. Just keep your head in there, keep plugging away. God got you, Oh Joe, and you know you. You and Joe stuck beside me. The staff, not no, not anyone, no one wavered Uh. It's times like this that you really appreciate and you see who's in your corner. And so I'm not I'm not I'm not disappointed in the normal. I'm just greatly greatly appreciative of the abnormal and the chad that stayed with Nightcap Oho and ISO, you guys and the entire team from graphics to social to the EPs to editors. I appreciate you, even if I've never told you, I honestly really really appreciate you guys. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite unk, my partner and co host the Liberty City Legend, The Bengal Ring of Fame. Arno Reed, the former Pro Bowl and the y'all Pro that is Chad Ocho Sinko Johnson. And the third member of the Big Three is a seven time NBA All Star from the University of Arkansas, mister Clutch himself that is Iso Joe Johnson.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you for your eyes, your ears, and your word of mouth. It's greatly greatly appreciated because all of this is all because of you. None of this is possible without you. All the awards we've been able to win and we will win again in the future.
Speaker 2: All the support that you've shown us. That's all you. Oh.
Speaker 1: Joe and I and Joe are able to do what we do all because of you. So again, thank you those look at the Purchase a bottle of Shade by Laportier. Head over to laportierkangnac dot com to purchase your bottle if it's currently unavailable at the state or sitting near you. It is a premium VSLP Kangnac, the best tasting, smoothest VSLP Kangnac on the market.
Speaker 2: But don't take my word for it.
Speaker 1: Try it and compare it against other kangyacs and you'll see it is the best tasting, smoothest VSLP Kangnac on the market. Please drake responsibly and stay safe. Thank you guys for joining us tonight. We greatly greatly appreciate that. We'll see you back tomorrow night. Also peace.
Speaker 2: Pas I
Speaker 1: Attempted to pay patted contact