Speaker 1: What's up, friends with This is leading off right here on Fantasy pros MLB. It is Bogman and the Welsh for a Little ITL New ITL World Order for life. We're back in here. We're leading off today with so many, so many activities to do. We have so many activities, no garages, so much room for no swords, none of that. We just have all the baseball, all the stuff and things. So Bogman, if you're ready, I'm ready to jam into it with all of you wonderful listeners. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. Whether it's on the podcast, whether it's on the live or on the YouTube. You know where you can dance around if you want to be a part of all the other things. But just as a little decide, if you want to win some free stuff, make sure you do hang out with us live on the twitch because you can win fifty dollars store credit, and you can win an FP Premium subscription and or there. So come and just make a comment in the live stream. If you're a sub you get extra bonus points, you get a one point five odds boost, and that's it. You're in any of these streams you're making comments, you are eligible to win, and we've got the brand new Leading Off gear that's out there as well. I ordered a leading Off hat, so that should be here. I think I just got a shipping thing in here. But you can see we got the Leading Off hats, I got the shirts and all that cool stuff, so you can use it for that win. Some free stuff, why not? I know I love free stuff. We all love free stuff. Bogman. We are obligated at the top of every single show, when it happens, regardless of what the other news is, is to tell you that Shohio Tani hit a home run. It's just it's legally content. Yes, it is contractual. We're contractually obligated to tell you that Shoho Tani hit a bomb, which is good news because the bad news that was floating around of yesterday is there's still some issues with that knee and they really don't know what's when he's going to start pitching again. So kind of went from like, oh, this is decent management to worse in that if they're not even thinking about it, I think there's a real real chance that we could get through August and nazee him pitch now they could just turn on a dime and they could go. But they still said there's some stuff with the knee. But I think it's a very good sign when you see him out there blasting, blasting home runs right in the lead off spot there and I had a stat and I thought I had saved it. I must not have here that It was like, geez got if I could find it. It was like a home run. He was like, the guy have three hits a leadoff home run, and then like still lose. There was some weird show Hey. We don't get any Show Hey of Tony stats anymore because they've all happened. But I'll see if I can find it. But any thoughts on that knee with sho Ha Tani after that Homer.
Speaker 2: I think PCA might win the MVP in the NL. Now he's plus one ten. He has moved to plus one ten. He has a higher war than show Hey, and he hasn't pitched because his defense has been great and his offense has been incredible. And we have seen obviously less from show Hey than we thought on the pitching side, so and maybe a little less on the hitting side as well due to this knee entry so the current odds it moved to show Hey minus one forty five and PCA plus one ten. I mean he is at least nipping on his heels. Yeah, I think if Sho Hay has to be shut down for any period of time because of this stuff, I think PCAs going to overtake him in the odds to win the MVP.
Speaker 1: In the Oh, you know who else jumped into the MVP race in the top five was Jacki Mizerowski. He's making a little appearances gonna be tough if he's only gonna pitch eighty or whatever every single time. But at PCA's got a tough road. Misslerowski's kind of interesting. There's a bunch of you know, there's a bunch of fun names in there. By the way I found the stat it was from opt to stats. It was sho Heyo Tony is the only MLB player to have three hits, three RBI, a leadoff home run, an intentional walk, and have his team lose the game. That is since intentional walks became an official stat in nineteen fifty five. So that is definitely one of those like h stats Like okay, but I just thought it was weird. That a time like that was such an odd, goofy looking one with like an intentional walk the leadoff homer, which was a freaking blast too, by the way, if you were watching it.
Speaker 2: It was. I saw a little bit of that game, and it was so funny because Max Munsey comes up to the play. Did you see this? And uh, he's over fifteen with ten strikeouts or something ridiculous against Louis Castillo in his career. And it's a Dodgers announcers that I'm seeing because I'm watching on big inning and they are trying so hard over fifteen ten K's hasn't even come close to hitting a see guys, and then a bomb first pitch bomb, rocket bomb, and I was like, oh, well, one for sixteen now with a homer, So look at that.
Speaker 1: Uh, speaking of bombs. We're gonna play a game here, all right. I'm gonna We're gonna play a sound and I'm gonna give you some options of what this is. This would be a fun baseball game. So I want you to listen to this sound real quick. Is this sound? Let's hear it? Is that the sound of that cannon blast? Let's hear it one more time? Is that the sound of the Big Bang starting the universe? The answer is no, that sound, which, by the way, I feel like maybe I turn this down. I'm not giving enough credit. Can we see who it is? Because that sound was Jordan Alvarez? Play it one more time, but can you pump it up? Pump pump it up. Play. I don't think it we're giving it enough credit. When you just hear that sound. That was the most ridiculous sound I've ever heard on a home run. And as I'm hearing it here, like over and over, it's just not quite playing across. But that stadium wasn't completely empty. I've sat in empty stadiums where you know the sounds just below, you know, hits of like ninety eight miles miles power off the bat sound like these big rockets. That sounded like a freaking rocket. Jordon Alvarez is obviously he's in demon mode and that whole I don't know if you watched it live or you saw the replay after, but I highly suggest you. We can't play it, but you go and play that video a couple hundred times and just close your eyes and pretend you're watching the universe be created or just Jordan hitting a homer.
Speaker 2: Dude. Yes, that that hit might have sparked a new universe. That's where we get to multiverse from right there. I like, Todd was like, that's the sound of Curtis Mead's wrist breaking. Oh we're gonna yeah, Craig Breslow. My god. Jordan, Now, by the way, minus three seventy five to win the al MVP. It is a runaway at this point.
Speaker 1: It's been incredible. I mean, I think about those old debates that I was on the other side of it, Jordan versus like Vladdie Junior. It's not even close. It's not even close. Jordan is an MVP caliber. He's I think last I had looked it was what did you say it was minus three something, because that's.
Speaker 2: What it was, A three seventy five on a hard rod.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was minus three fifty like a couple of weeks ago or whatever. But yeah, I just I just wanted to play that sound. I wish it translated better in my brain. It did, but like you get the hint, it was an apply ridiculous one. And that's what Jordne does. Speaking of you got you already jumped to it. Curtis Mead, Well, boy, Curtis Mead, as you guys have all seen. Unfortunately, that might yeah, great, cauld we hear that sound one more time? Is that possible, Seth? Seth was drinking here something, but that actually might have been curt Oh, I was his wrist fracturing, because he's placed on the io and diagnosed with a fractured left wrist. Two whit bats after being traded for. They trade Conley Early, which they really had to sell everybody on why it worked. They get Curtis meat in the lineup and the wrist is fractured, little cursed. It's pretty bad. I mean, I mean he's also had I think a similar issue. I don't know if it was on the same rist, not too long ago or a couple of years ago, but absolutely brutal blow in the trade market where they go and I think move off of like a really really good piece in Conley early. The Diamondbacks were kicking the tires and trying to figure out, you know, can we get a you know, can can we move something off to be able to get Conlee Early? They kind of rebuffed it, like Conlee Early could have been a part of a big trade. It wasn't It was a part of this trade where he's now out and now the Red Sox you're still kicking around. We are gonna do some trade rooms here in just a tiny bit. But brutal, brutal blow for Curtis me to miss this time. And I'm not sure if I saw that. I don't if anybody knows the timeline yet, but fractured risks are going to take a little bit. This is probably gonna be the fantasy season.
Speaker 2: I would imagine, Yeah, this this stinks, man. And for Craig Breslow to have, you know, so many bad trades under his belt already and then to have have to go through this one also just really stinks. This one is just absolute bad luck. But it already looks terrible, so terrible luck. I don't know. They need to wish upon a star, do a sage or something. I don't know what's going on in Boston. They need to fix it.
Speaker 1: I like that the noise was Brezlo's brain breaking because everything didn't go as play. Nothing has going play more innings mead for Boston or Early for Washington. It's actually a really good one because I think Connearly is going to start up his rehab assignment like a week or so, probably takes two or three weeks. He's probably back in three weeks. I would have to imagine most fractures at minimum are probably going to take four to six weeks at minimum. And it's a risk too. That's a Zappa power. I mean it's early, it's going to have more value at this point. Yet it's really it's really brutal, and it's like, what are the Red Sox going to do now? How are they going to be able to bounce back? That kind of comes to the trade conversation. We're going to have moved over to the Tigers. There's multiple things to talk about. First off, the fourteen to nothing output, ridiculous, ridiculous production we saw from this team. Troy Melton absolute gems, seven innings, three hits, noah and runs, five strikeouts, boom. Kevin McGonagall. He had slowed a little bit over the last two weeks, bogs, but it goes four for five. Labor Torres has five RBIs in that game. At Wardo Valencia had two homers and four RBIs off a position player they dominated. We'll do a stop point there real quick. Absolutely critical outing for Troy Melton because the Tigers, if they had lost that game, they would have been walking into today's game, which we'll talk about in the second probably is no doubt, sellers, I think there's still an opportunity. That's what we're going to yap about. But Melton, with a huge gym, has really been kind of solid. McGonagall pick it back up. Any thoughts on any of the Tigers that showed out yesterday.
Speaker 2: I mean, Troy Melton has been good for most of the year, right like a bunch of starts. Eleven starts. He's given up more than two earned runs exactly one time. He hasn't gone super deep into games, but he also hasn't been pulled before the fifth and in any of them, the strikeouts have really picked up over the last month. Here he had a nine to nine and two fives. Troy Maltin has been a really nice addition in deeper fantasy leagues, and he's a nice streaming option right now if you have been hurting at that position. Two so and McGonagall I always put him in three up, three down, but I saw he was up here. He had a great night finally, so it seemed like maybe some of these rookies are slowing down a little bit. But McGonagall with a nice one last night.
Speaker 1: For sure, and still top ten of WARF, still pretty pretty good on the offensive side. Here's the question, though, will today be the final Trek Schoogle start? That's the big one he's going today. I believe he would line up to Monday, so you know, I mean if he if he pitches Monday, he's not being traded. So that's that's all that this comes from. It's either he is trade, he's going to be traded and today will be his last start, or the Tigers don't do it. It would I think this would have been made a little bit easier had the Tigers lost that start yesterday, because then they would go in to this game with a no doubt losing series. Tigers are probably going to do pretty well today, and you got and they're playing a team that was right above them in the Orioles, and then you've got the team even above them, like the Astros were playing the Angels and picking up wins, so it's like they were just moving really further down Now. Even if they win this game, I think there's still a really big question. Yes, they're like three or four games out of the wild card spot, but there's like four or five teams that are above. So that's what that's like. What's really complicated with it? Trek Scouble has I looked this up yesterday. I did the CBS thing and Trek Scouble against the batters in Baltimore, they have a career one seventy two or one seventy three batting average against. And my favorite stat of all the players combined, there's one combined career RBI against Trek Scooble. So he is likely to dominate dominate today. So my question to you is will this be the final Tiger start for Trek Schooble.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I don't think anyone is going to offer enough to go get him. I think that's how that's going to be the Tiger stance after the deadline. My opinion. So, I think they're gonna if they have a good weekend. I think it's going to cost a ridiculous amount. I don't think anyone's paying for it. I think we're in a weird game of chicken. I feel like the rumors would be more substantial. We would have heard some like packages or something being offered for him. We're really not hearing much. I feel like the league is saying he's too expensive, and the Tigers are saying he's too expensive. So I think he sticks it out through this year. Maybe they try to sign him to an extension if they don't trade him immediately. But I want it to be I would love to see him on a contender and go deep into October right specifically with next year being questionable. But I feel like they've made this trade too complicated and weird already.
Speaker 1: I would love to hear from everybody in the chat trade or no trade. Terrek Scooble, I think they will trade him. I think the Tiger now, if the Tigers have a run through the rest of the way through you know, over this weekend and everything like that, it makes it complicated. I think there's all the reason for them not to trade if they're in you know, any type of competition or whatever. He says he doesn't want to get traded. What I worry is, you're going and if you get traded, by the way, I think it's happening Sunday or Monday. But my reason behind it is is I think that they have to look at themselves realistically and the team that they have and them not making any acquisitions, them having four or five teams in front of them just for a wild card spot, and also you've got the labor stuff. I think someone in the chat was maybe even making the case of like why he wouldn't get traded because of the penning lockout next year. I would say that's maybe even more reason because the guy's going to be a free agent. You have no pending contractual stuff with that there might not be baseball next year. You want to win a championship this year. It's all about right now. I think everything is about right now and the control you have in future years and you know into next year, and Scooble doesn't really have that effect on what next year is. And I think they're going to come to terms with that. They're just not going to be heavy competitors. And I think because the last piece here, there are so many teams that are in it right now as we're recording this and everything is wonky and we're getting no trades that it is going to be fire sale on Sunday or Monday when everybody because they got to make their decision, and every phones are going to be calling. People are going to get aggressive, and then you're going to see aggressive offers out there. If Schooble's available, the Dodgers can make that happen. I think Milwaukee can make that happen. I think the Braves can make it happen. So I'm going to say it's going to be real. He's going to go out today. He's going to freaking dominate. As I told you one career RBI is probably going to strike out ten. He's going to go seven. He's going to tip his cap. Everyone's going to be cheering him, and the whole narrative is going to be Nope, Nope, we're not trading Derek Scouble and then Sunday or Monday, he's going to be a Brewer's That's what I think it is. But you guys, you guys drop it in. I think Seth even put up a poll. I think most people are kind of thinking he's not going to get traded. I think that is you know, the relatively likely should minus more narrative things. I think it gets there.
Speaker 2: I think I think they absolutely should because I don't know if you're resigning him and uh, you know, next year's a question all this stuff. Get a haul for him now, I think that would be the smart move. I just don't know if they're going to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's always about what does that return like? And if teams I just really think there are a couple of teams that like, if you want to make the run and you want to be like an aggressive suitor, you know, for a championship, you go and you say, sell whatever you've got to sell to try to get him.
Speaker 2: There was a second suitor.
Speaker 1: The second suit, Yeah, second suitor. Also a clerk's reference or no, Malrat's reference, chocolate covered press, Yeah, Marat's reference. Some other news and notes out there. San die Al Contra with an absolute gym seven innings, four innings, five strikeouts, zero earned runs. Maybe also another one of those guys that might not get traded now because the Marlins, despite losing a billion games a franchise record in a row, they're like still right there, They're like right in the uh, right in the thick of it. So I kind of still think he's a guy that does get traded to for all the things we're talking about. But the I don't know the Marlins did kind of say they don't want to make those moves. My trade rumor that I put out there is I think a team like the Padres. We're gonna talk about trade rumors here in just a tiny bit, but I think the Padres are a team that could you know, they've done deals with the Marlins before that they could make something work, something in like a cash Mayfield range. Sandy's got I think one more after this. It's like an arbitrational year after this, so he would need to be you need to be like a real giveaway, and I think the Padres could do something like that. But seven innings, four hits, five k's kind of vintage Sandy Bogs. He's gone I think seven or he's gone like at least six innings and they get like four of his last five. He's kind of getting back to the Sandy that we know a little bit.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody out I feel like the teams in the Al West might offer for him to the Rangers and the Astros, Mariners don't need pitching, they need hitting. Maybe the White Sox could use him, the Guardians.
Speaker 1: Oh, everybody. I think everybody could use him. It's just about like who's gonna send an aggressive offer. I think that's been the problem with Sandy for like two years. There just hasn't been and I think the Marlins are really waffly about it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's also been injury stuff with Sandy too, and it's you know, he's been a little up and down as well since the injury. So I do think Sandy gets moved. I think there are plenty of teams that will offer maybe like a miniature bidding war specifically, if like if there's just no movement on Schooble, Sandy's definitely getting moved. I think you're gonna see offers get upped and upped.
Speaker 1: So well, that's a tough thing.
Speaker 2: Sandy goes.
Speaker 1: That's a tough thing. Like least talking about debt meers in here, Like there's this path where it's like you could have Scooball and Joe Ryan and Sandy a Contra all be moved. Those are huge, huge pieces, but teams don't really see they The narrative on all three of those teams is like, now we're not gonna trade these guys. If they all do go, then all of a sudden, price of the brick just went up for debt meurs and he's going to have a big haul or all three of those teams, you know, they're placating with us, and they're just like, no, we're not going to treat I'm not going to trade, and then like one is going to bite and it's going to be this huge offer, and then that's what kind of changes the market. Will it be all of them? Will it be none of them? But they're all in it. That's the stupid annoying thing. Dude. Last night with the Twins, I was ready to say the Twins are going to be a team, even though they've told us they're not going to sell off, that they are going to sell off because they're losing to the Royals down to their final out. They walk it off. They get a walk off when puts them a step closer into the wild card. How can they trade off when they're doing that. It's just like it's a very very weird space that we're in in the trade market. There's like four teams that are legitimate sellers and it is July twenty ninth. We are less than a week away from the trade deadline, and you couldn't really sit and pinpoint seven teams in Major League Baseball that are for sure going to sell off.
Speaker 2: It's like Wildcard Welsh. We hate it now, we hate it.
Speaker 1: The Mets, the Rockies, and who, yeah, who, I don't know. I don't know who's really full sellers. Chase Burns yesterday gave up five runs, but only one was earned. He did this over five innings. It was because of an error, an edwin or royal error. So he then allowed one more run on a Jose Ramirez single, who, by the way, was pretty good couple steals in there. But Chase Burns is he had been really dominant. That was kind of a bad outing, but not his fault, and it led to some black runs. Garrett Cole blank the White Sox on Tuesday, six innings, picked up the Winds, struck out seven and six scoreless. He's really just kind of found his rhythm again, a reason why they probably don't need to be looking at pitching. And oh my, oh mind, I kind of mis Rico was here because Rico was selling as a couple of weeks ago, I was buying Brandon Fought did it again. Oh my, seven innings, six hits, zero earned runs, only four strikeouts, but five starts in July. A bogs July. He's got Julay five Gela starts here. He has a one point eight eight ERA, a one point one two. He almost has a higher whip than an ERA. He's allowed only three walks in the month of July. But the big negative to him he has only twelve strikeouts in twenty eight innings. The big sweat. Brandon Fought has been really untouchable, but he really doesn't provide a whole lot else outside of going deep in potential wins because the I mean, I guess he does help your whip a bit because he's not walking guys, But but he provides zero strikeouts. I mean, it is almost a nothing burger.
Speaker 2: We take wins, though, we'll take those dubs. So yeah, no, I mean he didn't get one last night, thank you. Paul Sewald.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, Paul Seawald's the worst or maybe the worst on the plant. We just did this whole bit on itl where I'm like, well, he's only those are two blown saves and then you know, blows that one. To your point, I mean, I'll take this version of Fought, of course, because if he gets eight strikeouts because of five urned runs. We can't justify Star heready came out there. But Brandon Fought has just been really good and it has not stopped, even though the you know, everybody's just kind of jumping off of it. I feel like the only reason, like when Urrico did that, it's just about the strikeouts. Everyone stares at the strikeouts and just goes.
Speaker 2: He's pitching the contact. Yeah, and that's why it's not walking anybody. And that's why he's not getting strikeouts, because he is pitching more to contact. He's he was kind of you know, first couple of seasons specifically in the miners, where he was just dusting everybody because he could. You know, he didn't really learn much. I feel like, and he just learned that he had overpowering stuff. He gets to the bigs and that stuff is no longer there. The hitters are pros and stuffs not fooling anybody. Yeah, stuff ain't stuff. And so he has now learned to pitch to contact. I think this is going to be because he's had so much success with it. I think this is just going to be what he is moving forward. Maybe, you know, once he figures this out, he gets a little better rhythm and he starts getting closer to six or seven strikeouts person are one per inning. I just we're not seeing that right now. It's going to be four and five. I think to the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Who would you rather have Brandon Fought or Troy Melton rest of the year.
Speaker 2: They're both kind of the same, but Troy Troy Melton has a better track record for this season, so it'd be Melton for me.
Speaker 1: I want to say better strike up? Am I making that up? Isn't there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: He's been better recent.
Speaker 2: Meltain specifically, Melton has been better recently. And Melton's got He had two lives in a row, but that was backed by two nines and.
Speaker 1: Also three twenty three percentage. Yeah, I mean Melton by a mile is in this stuff? I think it would be Melton. But or Lee's very negative in the show today, Lee, what's your problem? It's okay? How about this? A Lee's cranky because Lee wants to need Lee needs a question answer. Let's see if we can improve your well being in the league. Do you want any part of Blake snell Worth the sash? That was the first question out of the chat today. I feel like Lee's cranky because we're not giving him attention or any special show. Do you want any part of Blake Snell when he is hydrating back with the doctors.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he's hydrated, man, I mean, if he's hydrated, he's one of the best pitchers.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're actually in a good minute. Okay, good?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also I'm gonna want Blake Snell. Blake's maybe not off the very very first start, but after that, Snell's gonna just jump.
Speaker 2: The place to not want Snell is during the draft. That's it, or the.
Speaker 1: First half of the first half of the season. If he's actually playing, then he's gonna fall apart. But he loves the second half, the final in the news and notes, who can make the ball rise? Mix it up with bombs the kanzie Man can.
Speaker 2: He hits it with love and it goes into the stands. It makes the people feel good like Timothy.
Speaker 1: The Canzie Man. The kanzie Man can Jomini can Zone continues to break our hearts as Diamondback fans because we traded Paul cy Wild for him two bombs last night, and I was kind of shocked by this. I don't know, No, you know what this house to still hold? Did you know the dominic Canzone leads the Mariners in homers this season? Remember the dominic Canzone who I talked about a bunch of the beginning of the season. Regardless of him being a platoon player, he was part of the platoon platoon. Be damned man. Dominic Canzone continues to roll. He just looks so good. He has set himself up for a full time role next year. Eighteen homers, two sixty three batting average ridiculous. Had I thought to put this up, but the Baseball Savant page looks just nuts.
Speaker 2: We saw it last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did just again. If you guys could see it, it just really does look nuts. His XBA is better than he's currently putting out fourteen percent barrel, forty seven percent hard hit rate. He's almost cut his strikeouts to under twenty percent. Dominic Canzone, he's that dude. And guess what he ain't just a platoon player. Yes, he hits. He destroys rities to sixty batting average. I mean, ninety percent of his bats have come there. But he's got a higher batting average versus lefties actually two eighty six and in thirty five at bats. He has four homers, so.
Speaker 2: He's hit four and three. He's hit mainly third for a month now. It's been since June twenty six. He's been smack in the middle of that Mariner's order for the last month.
Speaker 1: So this is why Lee was cranky. He dropped Canzone for Akunya when oh, damn Damn Daniel, Damn Daniel. But Canzone continues to roll. This is my new favorite thing. If we had the rights to it, I would definitely see if we could get one of those purple jackets with the Kanzie Man. But thank you for the gift that keeps on giving. The Kanzie Man keeps rolling, and you should own him. My friends, Hey, manager fantasy baseball lineups and dominate leagues with my playbook right here for Fantasy Pros. My playbook is a suite of powerful tools to help you make better decisions, manage your lineups, and win your leagues even in July or August. Import your league even if you've not done so yet. You can get Fantasy Baseball, customize news, rankings, and analysis, sinker league over at fantasypros dot com. Slash MLB. My playbook that's fantasypros dot com, slash MLB My playbook, or download the Fantasy Pros app. Today, let's look at the trade rumors, the trade roundup. I just wanted to do a quick little thing on this because there are tweets abound and they all are kind of dominated by Jeff Passen. Here's a couple of Passing reports. He's reporting that MLB executives believe that the Tigers want to trade Trek Scougle. Passing report said he expects Emerson Hancock to be traded at the deadline. Atto Lopez is being talked by the Boston Red Sox. They are checking in on the availability of Auto Lopez. Passin also reports that it is quote preordained. I like this one that Ryan Jeffers will not only be traded, but traded to the Yankees. And then the one that came out yesterday. We don't have anything for it because we can never play clips, not that we can't physically do it, just MLB. And the weirdness is Bryce Harper after the game last night, after they got blanked by the Marlins, said we need reinforcements. We need reinforcements. They asked, you need hitting or pitching, he said both. So the Phillies want guys passing, says Jeffers Hancock are for sure to go. Boston is trying to get a shortstop that they can build around in Auto Lopez. And then you know the constant in and outs of Trek scoople being traded. Anything that stands out to you of importance in these trade rumors. I have written that Emerson Hancock is kind of a sell for me. It was actually before this was confirmed that he was going to be a guy that would be traded at least by passing. So that is like, I think that's happening. I don't know if Bottle Lopez goes and the Phillies. One I think is super interesting, And this is one that I'll throw out to you that I think the Phillies could call the Twins if the Twins aren't selling or they are selling, and maybe try to convince Byron Buxton to waive that no trade clause down over Philly because he clearly thinks there's an issue with the outfield. He brought his first Honestly, you see this, he said, I brought my outfield glove just in case they need him. He is talking about their outfield is so underperforming. He's like, go get us a first baseman. I just don't know what's available for them in the first base market. I think outfield might be better, So a lot of trade roundups here. Does anything stand out to you as we are, you know, five days or four days out or whatever from this thing?
Speaker 2: First of all, do we need to call pass in? The master whispers at this point? Like all these rumors here, the Philly one Philly in July nine games with one or zero, runs twenty first, next one but twenty third and average twenty third and slug twenty fourth and runs twenty ninth in K percentage. They definitely need some help with the bats. So Bryce Harper is one hundred percent correct there, Move people to the outfield, trade for an outfielder, whatever you need to do.
Speaker 1: I thought Joe Adell would be another interesting one. Joe's like best friends with Brandon marsh and then you know, like I think he'd be an advocate for it. I don't know if the Angels really want to sell him, but that would be another one that, like if the Phillies wanted to maybe unload the system a little bit, maybe Andrew Painter. Just be done with the Andrew Painter stuff. You know what, I got this to go to the Angels offer. No, you're not getting Mike Truck he won't. They won't trade him, But go get read Debtmers and Joe Adell in a big blockbuster trade Andrew Painter and a couple other pieces that are getting close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not bad. Yeah, I think Philly is definitely making a move. So, uh, there's that the Trek Schoogle stuff. Okay, I mean we'll see somebody asks to offer something here, but yeah, I think I think Hancock is obviously the guy that moves, right. It's either like it's either Hancock for whatever bat you need, or it was gonna be Kate Anderson in a.
Speaker 1: Massive deal and it'll never get traded.
Speaker 2: They're not doing that, so yeah, so I think Emerson Hancock is the easiest one to move if Yeah, I think that has been done for like the last two or three months.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Kate being traded is as likely as Hula Rodriguez being traded, So it'll that'll never happen. That's why Hancock is going to go. Luis Castillo is also a player that's been talked about yeah, if I have to go likelihood, I think Hancock is at the top. I think it's funny. To me, It's like, why would the twins not be sellers and then trade off Ryan Jeffers. It's just it's really weird. But trade wins are swirling, the guys are probably watch I'll be here Friday. I forgot so I will talk more about it Friday leading into Monday, which will be trade deadline day, and we will get you all the info that's floating out there. All right, who's ready to play a little bit of game of Guess Who? Last week we had a great rendition of Guess Who where we both had one. I'm unaware do we both have one?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so we both have this. This was very fun last week. So get ready strapped in everybody. We're gonna play who is this player? Guess Who? And I'll go first box. So Seth, do you want to bring up mine? Mine?
Speaker 2: For guess who?
Speaker 1: Is a picture? Very interesting picture here and expect I have to really get this. Maybe I need some glasses from some of our partners here. Expected DRA three point one three very good, expected ERA expected batting average against top fifteen percent of the league. But as we look here at the Baseball Savant High Fastball ninety eight five with elite looking K and WIF percentages eighty ninth percentile, WIF percentage of thirty one point two percent twenty eight point eight percent K percentage, which is top twelve percentile. Also does not walk a little. A lot of guys decent extension. It's really really tough, tough doing this when we do this for pitchers. But if you need a hint, I could probably provide one, but you want to take a guess or two real quick, and then the chat can do this as well. You guys are I think you guys might already be doing this, Yeah, CD, said Scooble. It's not Scooble this. This is the season Baseball Savant for this player.
Speaker 2: But I really strong fastball with a really low app for Jexavila. That's weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we got some guess we lot this starter this is a starting pitcher, and I have one stat I will reveal when you're ready.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, yeah, give me the I'm not getting it right.
Speaker 1: No one has guessed it in the chat. By the way, we've had Kirby Lozardo Cole Schlittler. I want to point something out to you guys. You guys are saying some hardcore names. He's not this big. Wilbert Urana is I think below this player. But that's an interesting one. Here's the stat over the last thirty days. This picture has an under one and a half RA and a point five to two whip. That really gives it away. If we're gonna have anybody that's gonna be out there cheating.
Speaker 2: Nobody walks.
Speaker 1: So a half of a whip and a one under one and a half ERA over the last thirty days.
Speaker 2: Is this miss No, I told you he's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is way too big.
Speaker 2: Uh. Is this Foster Griffin?
Speaker 1: No? No, The fastball is what gives that away. Foster Griffin doesn't throw that high. There are some great guesses in here, Melton. As we talked about, Logan Henderson is fun, Ashcraft is fun, Cade Cavali and remember that the key to this see like Lambert's a great guest, But the key here is look at the dominance with the fastball, the dominance with the ERA and the strikeouts. The fastball is really important to put with this.
Speaker 2: Last get Yeah, Well, give me, h can you give me a division?
Speaker 1: Now, I'm gonna give you this. He's under fifty percent owned across Yahoo in ESPN.
Speaker 2: You give me no hints, zero hints. This guy, I don't know who is it? Is it Drohan?
Speaker 1: It is Jared Jones. Jared Jones with the Pittsburgh Pirates, ridiculous, a ridiculous savant page, one point two nine era over the last thirty days, a point five to two whip, which is ridiculous. Twenty eight strikeouts in twenty one innings. He continues to be.
Speaker 2: More strikeouts in three innings today against the DPAX.
Speaker 1: So I forgot. They're going like right now and look at this Jared Jones, Jared Jones, Jared Jones. Everybody figured out. I just want to point out you guys were all guessing Jared. You all were guessing. Miserowski, Schlittler, Garrett Cole.
Speaker 2: And I present you also smaller sample size obviously.
Speaker 1: Well that's that well I gave. I told you it's thirty days. But the savant page is in a smaller stad. Well, it's a smaller sample size based on what he has done this year, but that is his season total qualifies on there he does. Yeah, well he I mean he pitched in April. Yeah, you pitched. I'm actually looking at canzone right now, so let me look at Jared Jones pitched in April. I know he missed some time, or maybe I'm making that up now. I pitched him May, so it was May, June, and July across the board.
Speaker 2: How many how many innings does he have?
Speaker 1: Since you're looking, he has forty six innings? Yeah, forty six innings? Yeah, three seven two er.
Speaker 2: It makes way more sense now than I know who it is. But yes, that that Jared Jones has been outstanding. It looks good today, too interesting.
Speaker 1: Take b D says he's giving Joe Rico vibe. He is giving Rio vibes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bite.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be nice to be compared to a guy like Jared Jones and not John Lackey comebacks?
Speaker 2: All I get is a Lejandro Kirk So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, shout out to Van Rod eighty stream eighty streams streak. If I can say that, probably rocking out and shout out Ja Chow resub with Prime, you guys can get rid of the ads. Resubbing with Prime. Shout out to you guys for doing that. All right, Bogs, you're up here. I went with a picture. Who is your guests? Who? Or how do you want to present this?
Speaker 2: Well? Uh, this is a hitter, so uh this guy, though, has been a little rocky recently, is what I would say, maybe on a downward trend. That's the only hint you get from me.
Speaker 1: Okay. The defense I think to me is maybe giving Well, I don't think it's giving away.
Speaker 2: If it's giving it away, then take a guess.
Speaker 1: I think I might have a guess right out to shoot.
Speaker 2: Well. I mean, if you get it, you get it.
Speaker 1: Who is Is this a really high end player?
Speaker 2: Depends?
Speaker 1: Is this Bobby whit junor it is not? Okay? All right, back to the chopping board, the square.
Speaker 2: One Jack AGLIONI either okay, guesses Anthonachi No. I considered anthonatch.
Speaker 1: So for the podcast listeners, we got to give stats here. It's a two sixty six expected batting average, which is like top you know, seventy top twenty five percentile in the league. Hard hit rate forty four percent bad speed is okay, it's lower strikeout rates. I gotta be honest with you, this doesn't really give anything away. I don't know how anyone's going to see and know what this is outside of the defense is like tippy top. The defense is what I keep staring at here that it's one hundred percentile, so top of the league. Arm value, arm strength is near the top, and his range. So this is a really really good defender who's got some speed.
Speaker 2: I'll give I'll give you one more hint. This guy's last two months have been pretty rough and he's hitting one ninety five since the break only. So a guy that's on a little bit of a downward spiral.
Speaker 1: Here's so real quick. This was the guy I was gonna guess. Is that Mason win?
Speaker 2: It isn't. Now, okay, you tell me when you want another hint, I'll give you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, let me just ask you this. Am I on there? Is this a shortstop? Am I on the right?
Speaker 2: It is not?
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's where the hint is. This is an outfielder, so really really good defensive outfielder with a two sixty six expected fielding run. I mean he takes away runs. Dude, Who the hell is this? This is guy who's like a really one more good Yeah, give me one more hint and nol west and now west.
Speaker 2: Uh? Is this is this?
Speaker 1: This isn't Carol, is it?
Speaker 2: It's Andy PAHs.
Speaker 1: Andy Pa has Oh see Carol j Chaw did with me exactly and Sir Samurai got it right off there.
Speaker 2: Somebody got it before that too. Lord Ferndell got it as well. So I didn't want to say because he had got it, but yes, this is Andy Pa has has been sinking like a stone since June. So three twenty one, in April, in March two sixty six, in May two twenty five with three homers in June he had hit eight in May and five in March and April. In July he's hitting two twenty four with one bomb, and he's hitting one ninety five with no bombs, five runs and three RBI since the break. So Andy Pa has he's staying out there because of this. Uh, he's staying out there because of his defense. It's been incredible, but he has been rough.
Speaker 1: This is the all timer Pa has also giving off a rico vibes.
Speaker 2: Ah, this looks like really angry Joe Ryk.
Speaker 1: You know what I want to do. I want to put these two pictures of Jared Jones and Rico put it in AI and say, please mold this into one person and see if we get Joe Rico. That that is absolutely killing ass. Very interesting. Yeah, but the last thirty days, hitting just two fifty six, two homers, two stolen bases, he has not been as valuable. But you want to know the hilarious part. We have talked about you know him or Kyle Tucker all season. It's still pot It's like Tucker. Tucker still isn't quite turned it around.
Speaker 2: He's from this point forward though, I would take Tucker.
Speaker 1: I mean day forward from today, like you think he's just done. Tucker, by the way, two forty three over the last month, two homers, they're almost the same. They're almost the same guy.
Speaker 2: So there you go, you're trade for some outfielders. These outfielders suck. The Dodgers need to do something.
Speaker 1: They might they might do that. There you go, very very fun. Another crazy one where we couldn't get the guesses and apparently they're all doppelgangers of Joe Rico. So shout out to a Rico that one. I don't I don't know if I would ever got that, but that one was killing me. Here and the Tucker stuff is very depressing.
Speaker 2: By the I was like, did I say something weird? Because I was looking at the screen that come back and you just have the biggest grint on your face.
Speaker 1: Just when I saw that comment. It was just the hilarity of the idea of like another guy that looks like Joe Rico just kills me. It was very very funny. All right, there you go, Thank you guys for playing along with that. In fun facts, Jimithy has taken over baseball. If you haven't seen the the malformed raccoon Jimithy, I guess in like obviously short of up in Syndrome, Washington.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember when I first saw this thing. I was like, what is going on here? And then they described it, you know, but it looked like a thing because the legs were like really long.
Speaker 2: I did see people saying this is where cryptis came from, right, like the weird cryptid animals, and nobody knew was it is probably malformed regular animal.
Speaker 1: These are the type of things of legend of like why we get stories of these crazy creed It'll be just like some you know, short spined raccoon that they're like Damon, you know that's where came from.
Speaker 2: That's I introduced Jimothy to our boy, Seth Wolcock. I don't know how we got onto it, but I was like, have you seen Jimothy yet? And he's like, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Well, the reason we're talking about Jimothy is not only are the Rocket City trash pandas who are obligated, by the way, just by name to have a night, which Minor League Baseball always does. By the way, it's great. They are going to be featuring a pregame Raccoon parade for anyone who dresses up as a raccoon, specialty food and drinks served out of trash cans, and a Jimothy mask giveaway for the first two hundred kids. It's what my kids want. And then the Mariners, not to be outdone, Wednesday of next week, have announced Jimothy Knight, where they're going to be giving away Jimothy T shirts to twenty thousand fans and they're also this is unreal. They're also making Jimithy rookie cards and they will have like one of one golds that are going to be out there.
Speaker 2: I think I say something the other day it was God. Who was it? It was some celebrity in a pack. I think, like who was it Rob Low in a in a gold pack. Imagine pulling a card and getting a one to one Jimothy, it would be pay seven hundred dollars for a pack.
Speaker 1: And I was gonna put this up. And by the way, maybe my favorite comment Jimothy also giving Joe Rico five.
Speaker 2: If you've ever.
Speaker 1: Seen Joe Rico a couple of drinks in at first pitch, you actually not that wrong.
Speaker 2: By the way, we started taking through the trash for food. Is that what he does a little bit?
Speaker 1: But Jimothy Knight is through. Please somebody do this and please contact us. I need a Jimothy trading card and or I'm gonna need a Jimothy something. So if you go into it, even if you don't give it for us, send us a picture if you go and take part in Jimothy Knight. But pretty great stuff there, and I appreciate teams that are doing that. I know I do love that too. All right, three up and three down on the up comment Zarto hit a grand slam. I fun fact, did know he existed anymore? And he hit one that was the I think the Bill Lin said he's still alive. Sal Stewart was two for three with a homeern, three RBI, a couple walks in a stolen base, little combo meal action and TODJ. Bradley six innings, three walks, but ten strikeouts, two earned runs has actually been really really good as of recent Let me see if I can pull this up. Somebody post about this. Do you have the stats or am I good?
Speaker 2: I don't, but but TODZ Bradley has it. He just waits until I release him or trade him or something that's basically what it is, and then he goes crazy. So yeah, I don't think I'm rostering TODJ. Anywhere. Everyone. You're welcome for that information, and he should be good for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: He is fourth in starting pictures over the last month on Fantasy pros VBRS as a player Raider two nine two ERA forty eight. I think he actually, I think is the most strikeouts of any pitcher over the last month. Nope, Third, Gavin Williams does Zach Wheeler, and then TODJ. Bradley. Todge Bradley has been incredible on the down h Dean Kramer four innings, eight hits, eight earned runs, three walks, give up a couple homers, but louh. Michael McGreevy one in two thirds, eight hits, seven earned runs and almost a yes hitter. Shane Bieber could not get out of the first inning four earned runs and six walks.
Speaker 2: Lol.
Speaker 1: Lol. No, we're not doing the Shane Bieber stuff anymore. On the injury front, Blue Jays Vladimir Guerrero exited with hamstring tightness. That's no bueno. Tyler gla and I think Akamoto came in immediately hit a home run. I haven't seen any updates on that. That's usually not great. Probably give him a couple of days Glass now. Tyler glasnow schedule to face hitters on Wednesday in a live batting practice session, so a little bit later today. Will Smith also is going to be resuming some baseball activities for them soon. So they've got a lot of reinforcements coming in, which probably makes it weird for them to want to buy on anybody, but they can if they want. Jake Bauers told reporters that additional imaging had revealed that the fracture in his right big toe was from a previous injury.
Speaker 2: So that's why he's been bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's actually been really good this season, but as of recent it's been bad.
Speaker 2: I know, it's just funny excuse. It's like, no, I've had this injury for a lot of time. Yeah, Welsh does like to run his ski feet into whatever is around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my left pinky toe is just permanently just done. It just jacked up from.
Speaker 2: Looks like Anthony Munio's fingers. It's bad. Yeah, it's bad.
Speaker 1: I think Kyle Harrison's going to make a minor league rehab start tomorrow at HIGI, Wisconsin, so he's getting close to coming back here vetty very soon. Home run board, let's go take a look at the home run board, shall we. High Cubbies has not been getting any homers, but high Cubbies has created such a like a gap between the next person. It hasn't mattered. High Cubbies is your leader of forty six league. Golden does have forty two. Those are the only forties on their solar soflow, I'm nowhere to be seen. I don't think it's gonna happen. Boys, I need like six to get on the board. It's not good. It's not good home runs. Where are you going for your home run call today?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Josey Ramirez. He has lots of experience against Singer, twelve for thirty one at three eighty seven average, three homers and one point two sixty seven slugging percentage against singers. So jose has been very good against Singer in his career. So I'm just gonna go with some experience here.
Speaker 1: All right, I had not put anybody up, so we are gonna on the fly. We are gonna go with Jose Ramirez against Brady Singer. My favorite thing to do is go against Brady Singer at all times. You know, it would have been probably a better way for me to do it would be checking out the Betting Pros home run Model. You can check out the Betting Pros for this is our three best bets on the page, but you can check out the BP Bettingpros dot com slash homers where they have got a litany of picks for MLB home run best bets and it's a full on model with tons of great information. And today's three bets that we're giving you that are on there are Hunter Goodman versus Griffin Canning at plus three fifty. You know what can I change mine to that? I want that one. I'm changing mine to that. We're changing. I'm going with the model here. I'm gonna go change live change Mickey Moniac versus Griffin Canning at plus three fifty and Eohano Swarez versus Joey Cantillo three hundred. Those are the odds if you want to over at hard rock, if you want to make the bets and make that home run call. But you can get all the great information you can click on each player. It gives you a bunch of different which I really like is it'll give you like the weather conditions. It's data driven versus stadium versus pitching, matchup versus weather, and you can unlock all of them with a Betting Pros Premium subscription. You can go and do that today. Check out the fullest of them, see the leans, see why they're picking it, and there's tons of names and also you get home run probability. So I believe these are probably on the higher probability side of it, But go and check it out today. Bettingpros dot Com slash homers. Those are the model plays, see if you're going to play them, and I am going to play one of them all right now. That takes us to our best bets of the day hard Rock Best Bets of the day. We talked about the home run plays, but are you going to play a home run? What are you doing for your best bet of the day?
Speaker 2: Well, number one, I'm an idiot and I thought that the d Backs game started an hour later than it did. So I picked the e Rod game today and by the way, he's gone through two and a third and only let up one run, so I had under two and a half earn runs plus one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Well, this past you was really smart. Past you was smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pass Bogman really made a good call here apparently, so d Backs are up to zip so we like that. But yeah, that was that was my pick because it's a day game after a night game they went to extra innings. I had real good reasonings behind it, and it's working out. But I should have done a different bet because this game started in the middle of the show here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I did the right thing and I picked a game later in the day and I went with the Guardians I'm taking the Guardians. I always go against Brady Singer win in doubt. I play against Brady Singer at all times. The Cincinnati also just been stinky twenty three and twenty nine at home. Guardians are making that big push. They got that lineup going there. They're you know, vibing yesterday off of that man Zarto grand Slam. I was gonna pick zer Ramirez in this. So I really like them, but I like them through the first five. Joy Cantio had these in his moments four point zero two era. It slowed down a little bit when he was really dominant. But that's why I want to play against Brady Singer. I want to play four Joey Cantillo, and I want to do it through the first five. And I'm actually gonna take the first five run line, so Guardian's first five run line for them to be up by a run, that is going to be my play full and that is like right around I think plus money. If you want to do if I remember this correctly, if you want to do Guardian's first five money line, you can get that. It's a little bit juiced up. I don't hate that, So there you go. Best bet hard Rock Best Bets of the Day. At least mine is in there, and you can try your hard rock best bet of the day and you can score one hundred and fifteen bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollar bet and if it hits, you'll not only get your winnings, so we begin an extra one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Whether you're playing ours, whether you're playing the home run calls that we showed you over on the Betting Pros home Run Model, you can you can parlay some of those home runs. Have fun with it. Go and make your bets. Check out hard Rock Bet for all the extras that they give you. And you don't have to just be in Florida. There's lots of destinations. Go and check it out today.
Speaker 3: Hard Rock Bet payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminol Tribe of Florida in Florida, offered by Semitol hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. To play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one A three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you are somebody who knows a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. In Arizona, Ohio and Virginia, call one eight hundred my reset gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: There you go. The over hit on the show over fifty minutes. That's what we roll for you. That's what I do. That's what I do. But you know what you guys are going to be. You guys are going to be sad when the shows go down to three or we give tours end of the season. You're gonna want all the minutes. So we're giving you the extra minutes, but we are giving you tomorrow. I believe Joe Rico and Bubba Casey or in the house Bognin I are gonna be back on Friday, so we'll be back for that and then we get trade deadline next week. So make sure you guys are locked in. There's gonna be tons to talk about there. Bogmin and I, we're gonna get off here and we're gonna be doing the waivers. So if you guys want to know who are some of the big hitters and pitchers that we're picking up, we're gonna be talking about on the waiver shorts, so make sure you subscribe to the YouTube channel to see that. Thank you guys for hanging out. Thank you to all the great people like like you said, like Van Rot eighty streak stream, that's ridiculous. You guys can always watch us live Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros where you can get some of those extra cool extra stuff. And if you can't watch us live, we're available on YouTube a little bit after. So that's gonna do it for bogs. I'm well. Shout out to set thee behind the Ones and Twoes and Cali. You guys have a fantastic well. Talk to you next time piece.
Speaker 2: Give you su thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Prose MLB