Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World.
Speaker 4: Course at the Star in Frisco, Seconds dot Ti, ty pain Today, Touchdown and.
Speaker 2: Now your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: It's an Isaiah List edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas in the s WBC studios. Welcome in, everybody. We've actually got the full cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back on Kyle Yeomans and as I say it's an Isaiah show, he pops in with his Oakley's on his nose like the uncle at the barbecue hanging out doing his own.
Speaker 5: He's coming and dropping a.
Speaker 1: Bomb like, let me tell y'all something.
Speaker 4: You understand me?
Speaker 1: Who decided to have construction right off the exit? That's just a bad idea.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of construction with a lot of construc To be fair, he sent us a photo he let us. Know, Hey, look at where I was. You could see the star in the background and you were just stuck.
Speaker 1: In He does that?
Speaker 4: I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: I mean you come up one man to another major freeway and is backlogged. Some of the construction understands that. You're not used to it anymore. Being a citizen of Japan, You've been out there so long. Dual citizenship is a little it's awesome out there.
Speaker 4: You didn't take your helicopter like from Japan straight here.
Speaker 1: Listen that that's a long flight.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, how long is that flight?
Speaker 1: It was thirteen and a half there and eleven and a half back first class?
Speaker 2: You know how much of his class ticket and Japan, And that's why you bought one and left your in the back.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I didn't pull a Kyle uh to me? You did this to me?
Speaker 6: Was no?
Speaker 1: I was sitting pretty much upright for the whole time.
Speaker 5: Oh, you didn't get your four centimeters of listen here.
Speaker 1: But I did have a good seat though. We're right by the bathroom.
Speaker 4: So on a flight like that you need it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's crazy. You literally got back. When did you get back?
Speaker 1: I don't remember last week.
Speaker 2: Sometimes last got some time because I think my clock just like got reset last night.
Speaker 1: It took like my son is still jet like, well, he flew in.
Speaker 7: He landed last night at like eleven thirty from from well he had to connect the flight in New York.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so he left it and this is where the jet lag comes in.
Speaker 5: So in Japan too, Yeah, yeah, yeah, y'all kind of yeah, didn't see each other.
Speaker 1: No, I saw like two people that look spotted really easy, real easy. Really was it hard? Brother? Now?
Speaker 7: But that's just like seriously, he left fright on Monday, seven thirty pm Japanese time.
Speaker 1: You're in the future.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he landed in New York Monday at seven thirty pm New York Times.
Speaker 1: Bro. Yeah, your Dan had to transfer to the connecting flight. Kind of cool. You're you're living in the future the whole time, like you're flying.
Speaker 2: When you're flying there, you're chasing let me see them running back on my way back here. You're chasing the sun on the way back over there. So we left at night, but we literally chased the sun and got here during the daytime. It's kind of weird, yeah, funky.
Speaker 1: Well, he's asleep right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, my kids, we've been waking up at one o'clock in the morning, wide awake.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Just I'm sure that's interesting. But I'm glad you had a great time.
Speaker 1: It was good time.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you're back. What did you miss while you were back? I mean, I feel like it was coming on.
Speaker 1: Might have been a couple of things that happened along the way.
Speaker 2: I promise you always I was on my phone like this because it would be like twelve o'clock, you know, or midnight whatever, and I'm like wide away. But that's when all the nose is hidden. So I'm literally staying up on all of the free agent stuff. I'm staying up on how active of the Cowboys have been.
Speaker 4: Across the league. What's the most shocking news that you've seen so far across the league?
Speaker 2: Tuns Will getting traded? Okay, yeah, yeah, that was I mean we've talked about it.
Speaker 1: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: The thing is, like we've talked about it in the past in terms of how aggressive Philadelphia has been in the past, right, and how you know, how aggressive he is just to be able to make some of these the gall he has to make some of these phone calls. I think that the commanders were just as aggressive in regards to that, Like how do you call and say, yeah.
Speaker 1: Give me that guy? Yeah, Like what is it gonna take? I mean, you gotta be out of your mind, it's going to take at least four picks? Okay, what four picks?
Speaker 4: Oh, so we're having a conversation about this, like there's just certain p one of this league that you feel are untouchable, and he was one of them, and yet he was not untouchable, and they gave up a lot for him, but that was it was that important to them.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I felt like Tuns at this point in his career was untouchable. Yeah, I think I'm kind of I don't think he's a starter.
Speaker 1: The time that what's the last time that that hall has been given up for a player?
Speaker 7: Oh no, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying I don't think that he was untouchable. No, no, for sure, I mean nobody's untouchable.
Speaker 2: Right, But when I started talking about an organization giving up what was it second, third, fourth, fifth, Yeah, something.
Speaker 4: Like that for him, A couple this year, a couple next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like two and two. Right, Yeah, it was thick bruh.
Speaker 2: You hear about that stuff in basketball, right, but like football doesn't happen a ten, it doesn't happen a tonet lot might get two draft picks out of somebody.
Speaker 8: Four bro well, and I think a part of four mid round, like like right, like early mid round.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The part of that is that Washington's looking at their situation and they're ahead of schedule. When they were rebuilding last year, they had all this cap room and they were signing all these free agents out people across the board. They were saying, Okay, we'll see if this works out, but really we're going to try and build for twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight. But then they go to an NFC title game. Your quarterback ends up being Jaden Daniels what he was as a rookie. Now you can say, okay, maybe we don't need the draft capital as much. Maybe because we're ahead of schedule, we have a roster that's good enough to compete. Let's try and shure up what we have and be better than we were last year. And that's exactly what they did with this. They said, you know what, maybe it isn't overpay to go get a Laomy Tunsel. But at the same time, it's going to sure up our left tackle spot. If he's healthy. He's still one of the top five best tackles in football. And that's what you went and got. And that's why it's going to take a lot, because great tackles in football. This organization should tell you. They don't grow on trees. They just don't come up out of nowhere. So, yeah, I could see how that's shocking. I think mine would still be Cincinnati cutting Hockinson or not Hockinson Hendrickson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's happened.
Speaker 4: Yet did it happen?
Speaker 1: Well, as of yesterday it still did not. They were working on a contract. There's more working on the country.
Speaker 4: Okay, So then maybe not a shocking alf Maybe it was shocking the Cincinnati humble man. Just the rumor itself is I didn't realize that why would you not just extend him? I didn't realize how productive he has been. They I saw a stat this morning on one of the media affiliates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were talking about I mean, yeah, he bought last year, but when you look at the body of work from the sacks over there since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: I think they showed it was he has more sacks than Micah. Yeah, he's an animal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a dude.
Speaker 1: He's like just below Miles Garrett.
Speaker 4: It's like Miles Garrett, him and Micah and Micah like one other.
Speaker 1: Person in there.
Speaker 7: Speaking of Miles, that was the other blockbuster. You go from demanding the trade and refuse to meet with the.
Speaker 5: Older, so we're gonna go try and with him.
Speaker 1: Super Cleveland, the big I didn't put my feet on his couch. Yeah, yeah, I put my feet on his couch.
Speaker 4: But I think that's that plays that plays to say. Edge rushers are premium and football. I mean that's part of it. If you get one, pay him, you should make him make it happen early. And and I think there's there's something to be said about that within his own organization. If hey, Miles Sanders or excuse me, Miles Garrett, Miles Sanders, we'll talk about him at allment. Miles Garrett says, hey, we're gonna move on, We're gonna have this. I need to be traded, and then Cleveland's like no, no, no, no, no no no, let's work this out. Same thing with now TJ.
Speaker 8: Out there, and excellent leverage on his part too to write the letter thanking Cleveland to say, like I need to get out of here, give me sure.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was a leverage pool though, Like I don't believe I think he like he genuinely has some kind of connection and and and I don't know man honor with those guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, he he could have gotten that money from anybody. So I don't think I believe him when it says it was not about the money. He knows like I can go anywhere somebody, They're gonna pay me what I want. He genuinely wants to be in Cleveland.
Speaker 7: And the timing of his thank you letter was actually much better than the timing of another veteran pass rusher, but team Michael.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there's that.
Speaker 4: Paying Jamar Chase out there, and sincey it's not gonna be easy to pay Trey Hendrickson though, Like you're paying Jamar Chase and T Hankins and now you're paying Hendrickson. That's at the same time, that's.
Speaker 8: The biggest surprise for me is paying T Higgins on the top of Jamar Jay.
Speaker 1: That is crazy for of their entire U.
Speaker 5: They did for three players, that's.
Speaker 4: Wild Burrough, Chase, and Higgins. Yes, and they've got to pay Hendrickson. That's why they were trying to.
Speaker 1: Get rid of them.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get into Cowboys news and notes. Though across the league a lot's been happening, but you could say the same in house. I want to go through the MC news.
Speaker 2: Pop it up for the Cowboys organization that because they've been active for they've been doing for being.
Speaker 7: Active, Well, we'll discuss, we'll talk about the levelout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they've been active. We've asked for this and we've gotten. If we received, I still want more everybody's got. In comparison to last season, Yeah, in comparison every season.
Speaker 5: As applause, the last season, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean there was there's that's a low bar that's been set though, I mean I agree.
Speaker 8: So you're saying, but we were all saying last year that this off season was going to be even worse, even worse. Yeah, and that's has not been the case. I think there's more of a fire there to get things done.
Speaker 7: There's a healthy mix of well I don't know that it's a healthy mix, but there's a mix.
Speaker 1: There will be. It will be healthy if we get more, because I agree with you, I won't.
Speaker 7: But there is definitely a mix of deaf players and some camp bodies that you're like, okay, but then they handle business accordingly with a guy like Osa for example, but then you hate that that you know, cost you Jordan Lewis, but then you got Dante Fowler back stole him back from the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 1: So there's this mix of like yay kay, no, yay.
Speaker 4: So it is it's an up and down. It's a roller coaster. It's not as much of a roller coaster that you know how like those roller coasters go into the ground and there's like a tunnel that you go into and it's just darkness. That's what the twenty four off season was is you were in the darkness. Now at least you're on like a weird spiral face.
Speaker 8: And this is just after Jerry Jones a couple of weeks ago, after Zach Martin's retirement says we're not going to be using free agency to fill any holes. I think obviously you're seeing depth pieces in here that you would not.
Speaker 1: Said this before.
Speaker 7: Jerry knows what he's doing when he says things, and I don't know why why people consistently and continuous.
Speaker 4: So we said last week you believe them in the all in why are you believing him when he says nothing everything? I think I think when he said that, I think we all noticed he was referring to like big splashes. Yeah, like big money, which to this point would still rain true.
Speaker 1: The rest.
Speaker 7: I think he was one of two things, which the more likely thing is that he didn't want to show his hand to others, exactly to free agents that were out there or other teams that might bid against him to say, oh, the Cowboys, there's actually going to be there's.
Speaker 1: Too many holes to feel to not address it. Agree with free agency.
Speaker 2: So when he says that, I disregarded that aspect of the comment point and I took it as we're not going to spend big in free agency, which we know in which we hold has always been true. So I believe that portion of that statement right. And I think two things could be true from the same statement. And so when I hear Double Jay say, you know we're not gonna address in a free agency, all I hear is I'm not cutting the bag.
Speaker 4: So with that being said, I want to run down these these free agent signings and then I want to have a conversation for is it enough, because I'll argue that they haven't filled any holes in free agency yet? Oh none, any starting hole.
Speaker 1: Let's talk.
Speaker 4: But that's when I'm trying to talk. Disagree with that list, we'll go yeah, go ahead and go down the list though.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, so it's a lot.
Speaker 4: It is last week.
Speaker 1: It is a lot.
Speaker 5: Taking out anybody in there.
Speaker 7: I'm just going to go straight down. I'm gonna use it. Do it now, go for the Jersey list. So Dante Fowler one ye, Thomas, he was secure, he was a r f A with security. Let's see Kayer Elim via trade, Miles Sanders via free agency, Javonte Williams, Jack Sanborn, Kenneth Murray via trade, uh, Robert Jones, Paris Campbell, Salomon Thomas, Peyton Turner, who am I forgetting? They resigned Rob Jones Williams, I said, I did say Rob Jones. And as another note, alongside Osa, they did extend Cavante Turpin on a three year deal, which was also my chef kiss so sprink a little key things like that, and so.
Speaker 1: Down the list. This is what I mean when I say.
Speaker 7: There are players that you'd love to see in this free agency edition list. Dante Fowler. I can't love it enough. I can't love it enough. And as much as he's he's but I thought he.
Speaker 1: Was a d Q guy.
Speaker 4: Dude, he was a d Q since college, and I think.
Speaker 7: That he has a chip on his shoulder now against d Q. That coming he made on Twitter about enough with the disrespect. I can't take it anymore. And then he defects from DQ and comes back to Dallas. I think he's he's trying to prove it.
Speaker 1: He had his best year in like a long time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, something happening, and a half something happened in these past few weeks up.
Speaker 5: There, his most year.
Speaker 1: But I think that that made him sense disrespected he was with the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it's because he wants to be the full time starter or pay is not commensurate. I don't know, but he feels disrespected and keep that energy. Paris Campbell being on the opposite side of the spectrum when you talk about Paris Campbell met him yesterday. A great guy, great family guy, had his family up here with him. Fantastic looking family. You saw him as well, Coyle, and I'm all for fresh starts, but objectively speaking, when you look at his resume, you have to wonder what the contribution is versus the need. So this is why I agree with Kyle in that I don't see that Paris Campbe as we're having this conversation, did anything to answer the.
Speaker 1: WR two question.
Speaker 7: No, okay, But I disagree with Kyle in the aspect of I do see where Dante Fowler helps you with the defensive end question.
Speaker 4: Oh, it helps you with the defensive end.
Speaker 7: Right, And then you talk about somebody like Jack Sanborne, what is he he coming in and do Kenneth Murray? He wants to be he wants to be the guy. But okay, fine, so let's let's say Murray shows some real things. Sure, I want to wholeheartedly believe Samborne is going to be a problem for opposing offenses. So for me, I think that fills the need, especially with demarve On going to miss some a chunk of time. Put Merrist at Green Dot, you let him work with Samborne. Sanborn is basically as it stands here, Eric Kendrick's replacement. I think Samborn feels a void. So for me, Dante Fowler, Jack Samborne, I think those are the two that stand out the most for me as far as the additions go. And Solomon Thomas Solomon Thomas. I wrote a science lab on Solomon Thomas. Go check that out on the dot com, basically saying, why Osa is going to love Solomon Thomas. Osa saw a career high in snaps last season, and if you want him to remain arguably the most durable guy and playing at that level right and playing at that level, you're going to have to turn his stat now.
Speaker 1: And Solomon Thomas helps with that.
Speaker 7: So Thomas Fowler, Jack Samborne, for me, that's a three pack of wins for me.
Speaker 5: What about Murray as far as starting, as far.
Speaker 7: As starting as we as we talk saying I think that's the Sam Boyne Merriston. Then if you're going sell package or you want to run.
Speaker 4: I completely disagree with, completely disagree. I think Sambourne instead of being your let's take our first break. Okay, this is where the conversation starts. I think they've made moves that had helped, that have helped you up top for a certain reason, I still think there's a lot left uncovered and they're still working toward that, and it may only come in the NFL draft. I'll talk about that when we come back right after this with more talking Cowboys. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Fast, reliable, Secure five G.
Speaker 10: Requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 11: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet. Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 5: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To talking cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking Cowboys. This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven.
Speaker 7: Joining by way of Isaiah directly from Japan. Sponsor to be fair, directly from Japan. My boy Isaiah looked out.
Speaker 1: Man. He went and brought me a kekerot.
Speaker 4: How about that? He's even on your computer here too.
Speaker 1: Oh, they don't know. I don't know if y'all know. I look at that every Yes, that's what literally engraved in my head. I got a game, baby, anim a nerd. It's not a game. There you go, those who know.
Speaker 4: No. And Isaiah brought me these Oakleys. I don't know if they're like I know they're having them pro shot.
Speaker 5: There's he gave me a free membership to stetfaster that part.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Glad to have Isaiah back because we can have conversations about this team and kind of the player background too. And I'm interested for you to hit the film on what you see from these guys. And I know you're trying to adjust back to real civilization, Western civilization on this side of the globe. But when it comes to the additions here, I like what they've done. Let me preface with that. I like what they've done because they're addressing depth and that's something they have really struggled with in the past, and that's why an off season like twenty twenty four hurts you as badly as it did.
Speaker 5: Oh All, You're doub's gone.
Speaker 4: You're relying on rookies, you're relying on undrafted free agents, You're relying on guys that hadn't panned out previously to finally pan out. And that's ultimately what helped be the downfall in twenty twenty four. They're adding veteran presence, whether it be a joke because they are multiple first round picks, these five first round picks that they've added, I'm cool with that because there's talent there, there's a communication aspect there that they've already had the conversations with these guys back whenever they were possibilities in the NFL draft. Kenneth Murray was a thirty visit. Peyton Turner was a piece, a player of interest, a prospect of interest back in his draft time too. I mean, all of these guys were significant targets for the Cowboys. But when I look up and down the depth chart right now, I don't see one move other than Dante Faller Junior. Let me preface with that, and Dante Fowler Junior is still going to be a rotational edge rusher.
Speaker 1: Let's not.
Speaker 4: He's not taking snaps away from Micah Parsons. That's playing simple. He's going to play opposite of Micah. It'll be a conversation between him, Sam Williams and Marshawn neland those are kind of the three other guys at the edge rusher spot. Peyton Turner could possibly get in that rotation too. We'll see what happens there. Rob Jones is a backup offensive lineman. Kenneth Murray and Kyer Elam I think both have the best opportunity to start in terms of the defense, and that's mostly because of the need at corner and because of the need at linebacker, And both of those were trades, they weren't free agent signings. So when I'm looking at this list of guys in free agent signings, I like what they've done, and I think they've addressed the back half of the roster. But I need more that's gonna be a possible starter up front. I need more that's gonna be a definite starter up front. Like what are we doing at the defensive tackle spot?
Speaker 1: Are we just cool with.
Speaker 4: Mazi Smith and osa igezu a running one and three? Again? Maybe maybe they're cool with that. I don't know if I'm cool with that. Is Jack Sambord, who's never had more than sixty three tackles in his career sixty five tackles, I think sixty five tackles in his career. Is he gonna be your Eric Kendrick's replacement. I think he's more of a Nick Vigial replacement. He's gonna play some secondhand linebacker. He's gonna be a special team guy as well. He's gonna play some snaps. Don't get me wrong, but he's never been that guy. And just because he's had a conversation with iber Flus previously doesn't necessarily give me the confidence that he will continue to be that guy.
Speaker 5: You're hoping that the relationship with the coaching staff.
Speaker 4: Killbates the hedge of Yeah, Kenneth Murray has had two seasons already of over one hundred tackles in his career. I think there's a better chance, especially without the Marvin Overstrown, that he's in that rotation at linebacker more so than a Jack Sanborn. I'd love for those guys to kind of share snaps. But that's the thing is, we're not getting guys here that are saying I demand snaps. We're saying, oh, they're going to share snaps here, Miles Sanders, Dravonte Williams. Yeah, Rob Jones is going to be a backup. All of these guys are depth.
Speaker 1: Who are we not expecting on day one of the opening season.
Speaker 4: With injuries, Yeah, Marvin Overstrown, Diggs probably.
Speaker 1: That would be back.
Speaker 7: Deak told me unequivocally that he'll be ready for Yeah. So basically big name, oh and less of a big name but likely still Josh Josh Butler.
Speaker 4: Probably all injuries are you thinking and guys that have Diggs is probably and.
Speaker 7: Likely Josh Butler as well. Those are the ones that come to mind right now. And I mean speaking of Trayvon and Josh Butler. This is where I agree with Kyle again, what have you done to address the really addressed to need at cornerback? Because I get Elam and you want a first start with Elam and everything, But for me, as far as moving the needle towards saying okay, well that that problem is.
Speaker 4: Solved, who's your starting no.
Speaker 7: And problem is still not solved for me because Kayln Carson is coming off the shoulder injury. He's expected to be ready, but we don't know if he's going to start training cap on.
Speaker 1: Puplisht or not, but we'll see.
Speaker 7: But even if he is healthy, he has to go back through a rookie learning curve type deal because he missed half the season and he had an up and down season when he was on the field. You lose Jordan Lewis. I cannot stress enough Isaiah. We talked about this and I saw you lamenting online about it, just that we were That was a massive loss and I just hope the Cowboys don't find out the hard weight just how big of a loss that was. But who's feeling jay Lou's spot? No one right, So, right now, as we have this conversation talking about cornerback, Trayvon is likely to miss some time to start the season, and you don't have a definitive boundary corner that you're ready to start and say he can play even remotely close to the level of Trayvon Diggs. And in addition to that, a by the way, look inside and you don't know what did jay Lou's successive situations look like.
Speaker 1: I think they're in dire straits.
Speaker 8: Because he's the best of Kaalen Carson either. I think there's a chance for him, if he's back from his shoulder injury, to give us one of.
Speaker 7: Those fair but then throw in, you know, Josh Butler likely not being ready for week one. We'll see if that's the case, but assume that he won't be again. I think this cornerback room is in dire straits, which is why moving to the draft portion of it, I think that And we talked about this when we lost Jaylu.
Speaker 1: When the Cowboys lost Jailu.
Speaker 7: First thing I said it was, well, cornerback just became part of the number twelve conversation, hun.
Speaker 5: Because Kyrie Elam does not solve your problem. Quarterback really doesn't.
Speaker 8: And even as far as durability goes, it's like he hasn't been as durable through his short career so far. Granted he's in a better scheme that a scheme that fits better to his strengths.
Speaker 7: Yeah, his durability is going to be before you mentioned, a few people have said it in the chat, and clearly you guys have been following talking Cowboys a while because we said it last week as well.
Speaker 1: You could help resolve that.
Speaker 7: You go and get a guy like a Santi Samuel, Yeah, example, So we'll talk about in the next segment top three gents available.
Speaker 1: We agree with you there.
Speaker 4: Do you guys have any insight as to why the Cowboys opted not to sign jaylu.
Speaker 7: Back They just got out bid. Yeah, they wanted them, they made the offer, they just got out bid. And when you look at it from a Jay lou standpoint, he's earned the most years that he can earn them the contract. So if the Cowboys, I don't know the specifics of the contract. I know it was a multi year offer, but I don't know if it was three or if it was two. Cowboys typically like their two's and two year deals for cap management purposes, but as far as the dollars are concerned, they got edged out by the jab Boys.
Speaker 8: And Jordan Lewis even said in his press conference that I can't take any more team friendly deals.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's done that, he's done it, and he more than deserving.
Speaker 7: It was time for him to get his bag and I was hoping it was here highest paid nickel in the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for like it was two hours game.
Speaker 4: But yeah, when he when he signed the dealer agreed to the deal, he was the highest paid nicole in the league.
Speaker 1: So him being going, I mean who you got? Who you got?
Speaker 5: That hurts Bron sucks.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 12: I don't know how.
Speaker 7: I don't know if the general that's as mistigable a loss as retaining Osa is a win.
Speaker 8: And that was the question that we had coming into the office. Earth, Yeah, which one, which one would you rather? I was like, yes or Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 4: I asked the questions because I know it's a hypothetical, but it could happen. And that's what happened.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what happened. Yeah, you had the opportunity to.
Speaker 4: We had that in like week sixteen. It was like week sixteen or seventeen. The season wasn't even over yet, and we were having that conversation and sure enough, and I don't know if.
Speaker 5: It was a unanimous OSA, but I think I think.
Speaker 1: You were on.
Speaker 4: I was, yeah, you were J Lou, I was, I was.
Speaker 1: I mean, I like, but I was like J Lou, there's less, there's less Jay losing there are, right, But.
Speaker 7: It would losing J Lou for me would have keeping J Lou and losing OSA it would have had the same level of to me because again, and we've had this conversation, I built my defense from right. So you lose an impact defensive tackle, especially considering you don't know what Mazi's going to be this year and you talk about you still need more bodies up front, lose OSA and and see exactly what dire straits looks like.
Speaker 5: If you think the line is bad now as far as like defending the run.
Speaker 7: Right, and that was you lose on top of that right, and that means you would have lost OSA before you ended up losing the Marcus Lawrence as well, like your mind would be in shambles, right, losing J Lou.
Speaker 1: For me, it's I don't want to lose either. You lost one. What can you lost? Inside?
Speaker 2: You lost your nickel and not just nickel. Yeah, you lost arguably the best. Yeah, the arguably the nickel in the league. He also can play outside. I agree, right, and he is willing and able to have run support. Yeah, they hear me what I'm saying, don't they don't make them like that. I want it both, I hear losing either one is a kicking the I.
Speaker 1: Think it's always more difficult for the Cowboys to fill that void. Well, now you have cornerback.
Speaker 7: Going back to what Cale say, you got as far as voids you need to be filled, you got cornerback, huge void, wide receiver to still avoid defensive tackle. I love adding Solomon Thomas as rotations.
Speaker 1: And huge void, huge void alongside Mazi at one tech void?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Who else is your one tech right now?
Speaker 1: Right? Is the running back problem solved now? Solt?
Speaker 2: You guys know where I stand on that. I am perfectly fine with where the're at with running back right now? You are, I'm perfectly fine with reiterate for those Yeah, I didn't see you J yeah. So yeah, for the people who were not pre Japan conversation, I was on the court of there are a lot of very capable running backs in the league. Yea that they As long as you're not fumbling the rock and as long as you're willing and able to block, you're a good running back in this league.
Speaker 1: There's just a ton of them. There's a ton of them. Right, we talked about Rico.
Speaker 2: Rico didn't have his opportunity, and then as soon as he got his opportunity, boom, thousand yards. Right, And it wasn't even a great offensive running year for the Cowboys, and he still got a thousand yards. And everybody's gonna say, well, it's easy to get a thousand yards now with seventeen games.
Speaker 1: Missed it sixteen He missed me with that conversation. Actually did it in fifty Yeah, yes, so miss me with the conversation.
Speaker 2: Rico got his opportunity, he bought out why because he's a good running back, and just like there's a bunch of good running backs in this league that just don't get their opportunities. So I am okay with what the Cowboys have done at the running back position. You have a power running back. You have a you have a Miles Sanders who hopefully can rekindle himself. You still got deuce Von back there, and you still got Leak right, So so you wouldn't draft run I.
Speaker 1: Know, No, I was never on board with that. Remember I wanted a receiver. Oh no, I know, I'm heavy. Yeah I was. I was.
Speaker 10: I was.
Speaker 4: I'm never unless you No, they're gonna draft for the Cowboys. Let me let me you're still on running backs still, I'm still on it, not for the voids that you have. I'm still on I'm not only on it.
Speaker 1: Tit.
Speaker 4: They're going to draft running back, but maybe not at I don't think they're gonna do it at twelve.
Speaker 1: No, what I'm saying is I'm not out on it. No, I don't think too well, I mean fair, but if so, just to be it's ast genty at twelve. Are you mad? Mad?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I'm not mad. Are you bothered? Are you I am? Let's not say that's the term I'm looking for. Are you disappointed? That's a strong word.
Speaker 2: I I believe that if they picked Genty at twelve, I think that you've missed out on the opportunity to fill voids, probably because you don't have void at running back.
Speaker 4: But you would like to be better at running back. You would like to be better at every position on your team or your view, right, but you're not.
Speaker 1: You're not. It's not a void, right, you have actual voids.
Speaker 4: So where we address classify avoid wide receiver too. Okay, so wide receiver two?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 4: Is there anything else?
Speaker 1: Golden Corner?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Corner, absolutely, Yeah, Okay, you were just resigned some guys that you're like, you're still waiting and they're in the second contract.
Speaker 1: You come off of defensive end now that you got Dante at twelve. Yeah, absolutely. I was never on board with that that I agree with.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I come off of defensive end at twelve because Dante's back free Dante. I was like, it was still in the conversation. So I agree with you all that.
Speaker 4: I think it's still in the conversation. I love Dante Feller Junior, but I still think, yeah, what they give.
Speaker 1: Him six, I think it gives you want more.
Speaker 4: It's a short deal and you don't know what the situation is right this second, as we sit here on March eighteenth, Year of Our Lord, twenty twenty five, then you don't know what the situation is moving forward with Micah, and.
Speaker 8: You also saw what happened to your defensive line when you lost crucial players at that posh.
Speaker 5: No, I think your defense is broken after that.
Speaker 7: They're going to foregoing conclusion. In my opinion, they're going to draft a defensive end. I'm saying that I would be with the return of Dante. I'm fine with it if that becomes a second or third round situation.
Speaker 4: Instead of verse first. I still think there's a chance they go first round with anyone across the table outside of quarterback. Quarterbacks the one position where I'm like, no, they're not doing it, doing what any other position they could do it.
Speaker 7: I think why offense is going to take president because I think if you look at these free agency additions, it's been the bulk of it. It's been defense. Okay, Offense is where you really have that void. So if it were me, I'm looking at running back or wide receiver as like my top two, and then I'm peeking over at the cornerbacks to see who's there versus which.
Speaker 2: One of the one preference though you want to run it back over the if the running back is gent the running back has to be Gentiet.
Speaker 4: You don't like the Carolina running back Mary Hampton. I love Hampton, not at twelve. He was mocked morning to the Cowboys by at twelve. Yeah, okay, so he would be rich for me?
Speaker 1: Right for Hampton, it's a trade back and get scenario.
Speaker 4: Or forty four. But I don't think you may oh right, but no not.
Speaker 7: I'm not in on Hampton at twelve, but I am one hundred percent in on Hampton after twelve. I'm one hundred percent in on genty at twelve. But if gent is gone and I'm talking Hampton later, if Ted McMillan, for example, or Golden, I think Golden is a slight trade back and get. But in that window, then I'm looking at a tech McMillan, or I'm looking at a Golden from Texas or something.
Speaker 1: Would you trade up for Travis Hunter?
Speaker 4: No, that's a lot of capital.
Speaker 1: Did I You'd have to answer that fest.
Speaker 5: Enough, But it kind of feels too is it?
Speaker 4: Two voids me? It's interesting and it would sell a lot of jerseys, and I wouldn't. If you're talking about a risk, you're talking about getting back to risky Jerry. That's the type of risk A nice game. That's the type of risk.
Speaker 1: You know what, That's what I would do. Kyle and I talked about this. I think it was off the air.
Speaker 7: The beauty of Travis Hunter is he gives you two positions and start two positions. The downside of that is if he gets injured, you're down two positions.
Speaker 4: Where do you go? Yeah, you're down two players, down two players. You know, like you kind of have to head your bet with whoever's gonna end up with travel.
Speaker 1: Saying you gotta admit that's the case. If I go up and get he's my He's my new Nickel. That's that's what he is for me.
Speaker 4: And he he's gonna he will hop out a receiver, but I'm gonna put the most athletic guy. He's gonna lock down your slot. Yeah, that's what I'm doing there. But that that Nickel.
Speaker 7: As you know that Nickel is the most physical of the of the cornerback spots. Keeping in mind you need him durable full wide receiver to duties that the wide.
Speaker 1: Receiver is a gift.
Speaker 5: Do you need him available a wide receiver because.
Speaker 1: He's a gift right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean if you're gonna trade up.
Speaker 1: Just talked about it being a huge void. So you're going to trade up to get him. You need, yes, like he has to help you at the w R two like he has to.
Speaker 5: I don't think he plays w R two though I really don't.
Speaker 1: Number one. Let's be clear.
Speaker 7: You think he's not coming to think because of the call stick too, Alan, you want to hear my scenario?
Speaker 1: Okay, is Mossnaire good? Either?
Speaker 4: Go get let's get your Let's do your scenario after the break. When we come back on Talking Cowboys, we'll he'll we'll hear Isaiah's Travis Hunter scenario.
Speaker 9: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast reliable, secure five G.
Speaker 10: Requires compatble plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 12: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agin Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf.
Speaker 1: And sports turf equipment.
Speaker 12: United Agon Turf the official lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for.
Speaker 3: Some epic tailgates.
Speaker 13: But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yettie dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 3: We're going to overtime Erica.
Speaker 1: How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 6: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of AMERICAP mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com, slash airicup by yourselfe Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica respondses me very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap maybe recorded and monitored for quality assurance, Message, data rate and additional terms may apply. I Thank of America and a member.
Speaker 1: Fd I C.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back You're on Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show is brought to you by and visit line the Official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys. All smiles today because we got our pal back in studio, Isaiah heck h got Josh Rodriguez, Patrick no Cy Walker, Chris being in the back of Kyle Yeomans. All right, scenario for Travis Hunter. Well, you thinking, let's start just cook something up here.
Speaker 1: I got a couple of things.
Speaker 4: Okay, 's have some fun. Fun have you guys?
Speaker 2: If you guys want to stay at twelve, go get a receiver, Go get it to go get a sure thing wide receiver.
Speaker 1: And you know the receivers better than any.
Speaker 4: So you're if you're telling me you're draft and a receiver at twelve. There three dames, okay, Teed McMillan Arizona, that would be my number one name. Luther Burden out of Missouri that would be my number two name, and then number three would be Matthew Golden out of Texas. That would be the three names at twelve. That could be a possibility.
Speaker 1: There you go, So go grab your go grab your receiver.
Speaker 5: If you stay at twelve, and would you take all of them at twelve?
Speaker 4: I would trade back for Burden or Golden if they were the pick at twelve, I think I would be okay, but I would rather try and trade back if it's McMillan. If it's if it's McMillan picking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, McMillan's twelve if it's if nobody's come on, man, there's.
Speaker 4: Some some weird draft hullabluo right now that we're trying to have to sort through. Is why is Teed McMillan falling today? He was in twenty in both mel Kiper's mock draft and in Daniel Jeremiah's mock draft. What is that same spot?
Speaker 8: Is that one of the situations where it's like, oh, this guy's just been consistent the whole way, maybe, and now we're talking about it.
Speaker 4: He may end up at six to Las Vegas and we don't even have a chance at him at twelve, But right now, as it seems, it looks like there's a chance he falls. Same kind of thing happened with CD though, where it was like CD's far and away. I mean, they had Jerry Judy, they had Henry Ruggs in that draft, and there were a couple different options there where you looked at it and said, there might be a chance CD falls to seventeen, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Sure enough, he did. He actually did fall. That hullabaloo was real, and then he ended up at seventeen. Same kind of thing could happen, and it's a lot less of a drop now for Teed to fall to Dallas, I would be okay with Burden. I would be okay with Golden. You're suring up your wide receiver two spot, but I would rather trade back and do the same thing.
Speaker 2: All right, So Kyle, you picked the number two receiver, but number twelve grab a receiver. If you don't stay at twelve and you want to get a little frisk kid, how.
Speaker 1: High do you have to go? You gotta go top three, top three? Yeah, so privately top three, So I mean pull a trigger off. I'm going to do it. Hey, listen, No, I want to hear you. Okay, Yeah, so go get you Travis Hunter and then sign. You gotta give up some stuff. I don't know, y'all figure out who, but you gotta give up.
Speaker 4: Give it to be probably to first in a second.
Speaker 7: Correct, Because the totality of the remaining remainder of your picks this year, based upon the Jimmy Johnson value tart only amounts to about before the trades only amount of two about seven hundred and ninety let's say eight hundred yeah points.
Speaker 1: Okay, you need to make up a three thousand point difference.
Speaker 4: That's a lot, which would be now.
Speaker 7: You're talking mortgageing your future, so you are talking multiple first round pick everybody. Yeah so, and you might even have to at this point, might even have to player. So we say all this to say it's not happening. But I want to hear.
Speaker 2: If you can go get you at Travis Huner. Either way, I would still like them to decide. Keenan Allen like, I still want them to do that. That's what I want. If you're not going to get a solid Cup is gone. That was my hope for not he went back home?
Speaker 4: My game, you want to go back never really interested?
Speaker 1: That's all good, But I think that he's a perfect fit here, but not anymore especially so.
Speaker 5: But if Schefter tells you any different, I come on.
Speaker 4: That was a win for the local media, by the way, because the local media was the whole time and they're like, they're not interested in Cup. They're not interested in Cup, they're not interested in Cup. And then Schefter took something from an agent and was like, oh, they're interested in Cup. Mystery team here they are. It's Seattle and Dallas. That was a ploy to try and get more.
Speaker 1: I just say. They were like, we're not interested.
Speaker 4: Soon as I figured out that he was available, and I was like, I hope that he comes to Dallas because I think it's been a very long time since DA's had a true possession receiver.
Speaker 5: It would have been fun, but the price was too high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it, but but I would still like for them to go get Keenan Allen.
Speaker 4: It's a possession guy.
Speaker 7: There are plenty of Coupboys fans who grew Can he run? Give An Allen point, Keenan Allen point.
Speaker 4: Canny run. That's what I'm That's what I'm worried about. Is Canny run.
Speaker 1: Well, that was that was the concern with with cup same.
Speaker 4: Thing, same thing, Canny run.
Speaker 1: I'm not draft one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, possibly, I think you're going to see I mean Dallas.
Speaker 7: I would insurance is good, which which to me if you look at the running back position kind of circling back to my where I where I differ from Isaiah on the running back position is I don't feel like it's solved completely.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 7: I do believe they have insurance against what may or may not happen in the draft first couple of rounds insurance is a very good work, right, But if you look.
Speaker 2: At remind me what season it was. But I'm thinking about twenty sixteen. Hell, what am I talking about?
Speaker 7: They had, you got Derren mcfatten, You went and got Alfred Morris. You still had wasn't Randall? I believe Randall was still on the roster at that time.
Speaker 13: Was he?
Speaker 1: I believe? So that was the final time, I believe you. But nonetheless, they had plenty of.
Speaker 7: Veteran talent that could have had them say, you know what we're not We're not using a premium pick on a running back. And what they do fourth overall drafted Ezekiel Elliott Ze.
Speaker 2: So when I'm looking at the addition of Miles Sanders and Javonte Williams and yeah, they got Deuce, but he's still unproving. They haven't shown they know how to use him yet, much to our chagrin, but they just haven't. Hunter Lipkey hasn't consistently been given the opportunities for us to know what he can be. I just don't think Javonte Williams and Miles Sanders editions turns them off of an Astra Gente or even a Hampton. Maybe shortly after twelve, we're in the second round.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 7: I just I believe a premium pick is still in play. And then afterwards they revisit the room, even if it's not until training cap and just look at all those guys and say, okay, go fight it out. Knowing the draft pick is safe, knowing that Hunter Lipkey is safe, I'll go ahead and stand on that hill. I believe Hunter Lipky is safe. And then you look at Dus, You look at Deuce Miles and Javonte, say, two of you guys are staying.
Speaker 1: One of you guys are not keeping mind. Malik Davis is also going to be in that mix as well. I like.
Speaker 7: So, I just I don't feel like these moves put them out, which means to me it is a void still existing.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at my spreadsheet, my draft spreadsheet, and I've got eight names. I'm not going to divulge which name is which. But out of the eight names, six of them have met formally with the Cowboys during the draft process. Six of the eight running backs top eight running backs, They're going to spend a pick on running back. It's playing and simple, it's going to do. So you look at it and I agree with Patrick here, you and ce tennessee a couple of a couple of them are reported. I know, I know they've reported the meeting with Hampton, They've reported the meeting with Dylan.
Speaker 2: Sandon told us Yeah. Hampton was like straight up like yeah, And Dylan Sanders told us is the same thing.
Speaker 4: So there's all these different elements here of you're you're following the breadcrumbs. You're following where they're headed. They're headed toward getting a running back in the first three rounds. Whether that's a twelve, we'll see. But this is such a deep running back class that I think they can look at it and say, second round, third round, what We're fine, especially since we've got that let's address corner, let's address running back. I want to be the wide receiver, let's address edge rusher at twelve.
Speaker 2: I want to be clear, I believe the Cowboys and need to draft a running back. I believe that they will draft a running back. I just don't want to see it happen at twelve.
Speaker 4: I don't think it will. And the only caveat there is Jastrin genty. He's the wild card if gent falls, which I right now don't think he will. If he falls to twelve, that's gonna be tough for them to try and pass for which I get. I think gents a generational type of talent that.
Speaker 1: Will be their CD LAMB.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a super tough wild card decision if he's there, which he likely won't be correct, so then it's gonna If if he's not, they're turning somewhere else, they're not gonna go.
Speaker 5: Then you just have to, I don't know, pick best player available.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's good than me.
Speaker 1: Maybe just do like that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 7: I know looking at Tip McMillan's pro date numbers yesterday, that BPA is looking quite nice.
Speaker 4: You run a thirty eight yard dash? What did he run in? He was four four five four six a thirty nine yard dash. Got him a little got him a little little extra. Trying to get him back up those draft boards. That's gonna do it for us here on Talking Cowboys. Be sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel. Be sure to turn you down notifications on Twitter to watch. We appreciate you guys listening every single week here on Talking Cowboys. Will be back next Tuesday for Chris b Isaiah stand back, Josh Rodriguez, Patrick Noci Walker, Im Kyle Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.