Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister boost Mobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boosmobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. Oh Joe Lebron started a bit of a discourse on Friday when he spoke about Aunt not striving to be the face of the league. Let's take a listen to what go James had to say. I don't know when you got why do you want to be the face of the league when all the all the all the people that you know that cover our game and talk about our game on a day to.
Speaker 2: Day basis, shit on.
Speaker 3: Everybody have that responsibility.
Speaker 2: That's that's just weird. It's weird energy.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like it. I like it. But again, but again, are you able to be the face of the league and deal with the scrutiny that comes with on the other side of the media.
Speaker 5: Can you not care the word I like to use and you use this times?
Speaker 1: Can you compartmentalize and separate the two still go out there and do what you need to do despite knowing with being the face of the league you got to be on twenty four seven? Are you gonna be on twenty four seven? Absolutely not. You're gonna have your nights. You're gonna have your nights. You're gonna have your nights. You off, You're gonna have your nights. You want your highs, your highs to be you want the percentage of your high to be much better than your lows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Who wants to deal with that? Though you think about it.
Speaker 1: Lebron is the right person to be able to talk about it because he's gonna have pressure since he came out.
Speaker 2: Of high school.
Speaker 1: Yes, he had to deal with it times ten more than anybody I could think of because of the expectations coming out of high school.
Speaker 3: But you know what the thing is, oho is that Look, that's not something a player says, I want to be the face that we get to determine that, the media get to determine the face of the NBA, The fans get to determine the face of the NBA, not said player. That's not something Lebron is say, I'm the face of the NBA. That's not what magic. That's not what Jordan, that's not what Bird, that's not what Kobe, That's not what Steph did. It's sustained excellence for the period of time and they won.
Speaker 2: It's a sustained.
Speaker 3: Excellence for a period of time and you win just because you got a couple of highlights. That don't mean you about to be the face of the league. Nah, And look, I get it. Uh, you know, it's like, well, Jason Tatum and and and Shaye, And it's just hard for me to see a foreign born player because this is an American sport.
Speaker 2: It's just hard for me to see.
Speaker 3: Americans getting behind a non American athlete saying, you're the face of our sport.
Speaker 2: But we'll see what happens. H B.
Speaker 3: When you look at Jah, you look at Aunt, you look at Tatum, and people like what Jason Tay?
Speaker 2: I like Jackson, But people keep saying, well, hold.
Speaker 3: On, at least sure Jason Tatum is the best player on his own team, because all I know Finals MVP with the Jaylen Brown. All I know is Eastern Conference Finals MVP went to Jaylen Brown.
Speaker 2: So are we certain right? Because it can be no ambiguity.
Speaker 3: Kobe couldn't come to face of the league as the second best player on his own team. Shaq had to leave in order for him to be that face. Right, Jordan was the best player on the team. Bird was the best player, Magic was the best player. Lebron Is was the best player. Now it might have taken twenty two years for you to to say, you know what, Lebron is the second best player now that he gotta guy it damn near ten years, well.
Speaker 2: Fourteen years younger than he is.
Speaker 3: Luca just turned twenty six the other day. But I mean Zion, Zion's gotta win. He's got to be on the court. So the guy that we can say as far as the American players, joh ant Man, Zion, Jason Tatum, we'll see Hey.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, is my camera crooked or my.
Speaker 2: Your camera's crooked? It is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hold on, what about now it's still crooked. All you did is move it one way and move it right back.
Speaker 1: How can we only do this when I'm on the road.
Speaker 3: Look at your head, boy, can't you see your can't you see the closet behind your highes tilty? No, you got to look at the camera and see you don't see it's tildy.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it looked like it It's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is so what did you do with? Yeah, you better there you go.
Speaker 1: Hold on, but listen, it's the tripod that I'm using. I don't know why. It's not even in the center of the camera.
Speaker 5: It's to the it's to the side of it's to the side of the camera.
Speaker 1: And so once I once, I wrote, once I screwed in it like it tills down. You know what I mean. I'm gonna go get it. Oh snap, I'm gonna get it new in tomorrow. I'm gonna get it a new stand tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, Joe, he elaborated the next morning, exactly made my point, made my point. But anyways, happy this converse convo has started. It ain't no face of the game, ain't no about one person or one show. It's about a culture of basketball. The beautiful game in the world, the most beautiful game in the world. Our game has never been been better. Incredible young stars from all over the world and some elder ones. Steph Curry, She'll be always talking about today. True and fifty six we talked about it.
Speaker 2: Ot Joe.
Speaker 3: Let's discuss how great, okay seeing the Calves have been this season with two completely different styles and break.
Speaker 2: Down why and how they have.
Speaker 3: Of course, the players don't perform. We need to discuss that too, and break it and break that down. Even that can't be discussed in a way that's not bringing finality to the player's game, but leave room to see how the player responds. Unlet's watch the journey of that player. It say't about me either. At this point, I really don't care what y've said about me. Always it's always something. This is about the impact of negativity is having on our beautiful game and our fans.
Speaker 2: I know it speak a lot of our players.
Speaker 3: More importantly, a hell of a lot of great fans and truly love and celebrate the sport around the world.
Speaker 2: Mind the game. What you think of ot.
Speaker 6: Joe, Damn, that's it. I'm trying to think. Mm hmmm, I mean you look at.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, the sports are about stories. What's the story?
Speaker 3: I mean, Shade, I mean we're about to have another foreign born m VP, That's what we're about to have.
Speaker 2: Shae from Canada. Yokis just won three.
Speaker 3: Shade out from the Crib, Shade from Canada. Shade from Canada. Yoki just one three, y'all is one two. Joel embiid so it's been a while, So if we had an American born MVP, it's been a while. Look, he's right, the Calves. The Calves be getting up threes. Donovan Mitchell didn't play tonight, but they had Tod Jerome come in played unbelievable. Uh who else somebody else? I was watching the game. I was flipping back and forth. But they had to come from behind because they were down damn to the whole game in Portland, and they came back and ended up winning in overtime.
Speaker 2: But they've been really good.
Speaker 3: And they were down the other night against Boston and found a way to win in Boston because Boston has had their number this year. Old Joe And as I mentioned earlier, Kenny Atkinson had those guys playing really really well. I don't think he should have lost his job in Brooklyn, but hey, you know, they got guys and they wanted to move in a different direction. And with that level of talent, when your jet aspirations are championship.
Speaker 2: And you hired a.
Speaker 3: Guy like Steve Nash, hey they did. But uh, look, if you're the face of anything too much as given much as required, yeah, you're gonna get a lot of benefits as far as advertising dollars as sponsorship is gonna.
Speaker 2: Come your way when you do heavy up the head that wears the crowd.
Speaker 1: And that's one of the pros of it. Now let's talk last. Let's talk about last.
Speaker 2: Yes, DeAndre Hunter, that's the guy. They picked him up from Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised, but Atlanta's like, hey, we're not going anywhere, so hey, let's let's offload.
Speaker 2: DeAndre Hunter can play. He was, he still cave but he ay, he should be six Men of the Year because he's balling. He's averaging twenty off the bench.
Speaker 1: And then people laugh at me when I said I average twenty eight, twenty twelve and ten off the bench.
Speaker 3: No, you average twenty eight seconds off the bench. No, I'm just saying you're getting straight. You're getting straight, You're getting straight. Uh, the games out hand.
Speaker 1: No, come on, absolutely not. If Brother Hunter could do it. You know what do you think I would do if if that was if that was my game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brother Hunter was my most outstanding player. And the March Madness, Yeah that's not you. Jamie Foxx, the fizz Lebron's legacy. If he came up with a cure cancer, They would say, yeah, what about diabetes? For thousand points over twenty years of play, carrying this bum ass league on his shoulders, ungrateful.
Speaker 1: No matter no matter what you do, they'll always find a way to down your greatness, no matter who.
Speaker 2: Nobody, nobody, Oh yo, I've covered.
Speaker 3: I followed this game for an extended period of time, and I go a ways back. Nobody in the history of sports, other than Muhammad Ali, when he did what he did it ever caught the vitriol that this man did. Nobody go go back and look it up. Nobody has nobody the man. The man scores fifty, They said, well, Kobe would have got seventy and Jordan would have got eighty. The man give you a fifty point triple double against that team. Y'all do realize that a lot of these teams were in the league when Kobe played, But y'all just goes. Y'all do realize, Uh Kobe retired he was thirty six and thirty seven, thirty seven, Yeah, y'all remember what he looked like his last three years?
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: We just gonna forget that. Okay, don't wait, we forget that. Don't even worry about it. Oh, Joe, we gonna forget that. Yes, do y'all remember about what Jordan looked like, and and and in Washington, Washington, we just gonna get that. See, Oh that was they were just finishing up. Now, if they had won a title, everybody would have spoken about the greatness of those two guys. Now they didn't in the title, didn't come close to winning a title. I heard when Lebron first got to l a all, he can't. He came to be Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan. He came to be a movie star.
Speaker 3: Now he's been all the NBA since he's been here, he's won a title, he's been an MVP of the Finals, and they still won't give him no credit. M I ain't got no problem giving people credit. If you play good, I'm gonna say you play good. If you play bad, I'm gonna say that.
Speaker 2: Too, y'all.
Speaker 1: You always been failing.
Speaker 3: But but that's the luxury, that's the love you by having your own platform, that's the luxury of being in a situation. Hey, everybody knows how I feel about Lebron, But if he plays bad, I don't have a problem saying that. Same thing with my home, same thing with Kelsey. But see, I like I like it because they say I criticized that. When I criticized Josh Allen, they say I'm racist. If I criticized Lamar, they say I don't like black. So I'm doing pretty good job, won't your So I'm getting on both sides. You know I'm doing it right down the middle of bed.
Speaker 1: You're right, listen, you're fail. You're fearing everybody get the same treatment.
Speaker 2: That's it. Now.
Speaker 3: I don't hear anybody said when Lamar was coming out. I say, I don't care what they say. Lamar, don't you take your ass to receiver it don't do no receiver drills. Don't do no DV drills. You are a quarterback, Go play quarterback. And then if you can't make it at a quarterback and say, you know what, I can't play quarterback, let me go ahead on I'll go to wide receiver. But don't you I'm not running no drills at no wide receiver because I've been a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Even when he struggled, I was supported.
Speaker 3: But if he plays bad and I said, well, Lamar didn't play well today, he's got to do a better job of taking care of the football. Why are you bro so what am I supposed to say? If Lamar plays bad? I just want you all to tell me what am I supposed to say? Cause Brady played bad? I said that when Peyton played bad. I said that when Romo and Breeze and Dyke and whomever else when they play bad.
Speaker 2: You looking at it too.
Speaker 3: The only difference is I get to tell you says look, in a situation like this, why would he throw the ball into that coverage when you know it's this coverage and you know you got you're supposed to go elsewhere.
Speaker 2: With the ball. I ain't got no action to grind. I ain't jealous.
Speaker 3: I had an okay career O Joe old seventh round draft pick, made it all the way to the High.
Speaker 5: Pro Bowls, all Pro Super Bowls.
Speaker 3: All so why I'm just trying to figure out people saying you be jealous of what y'all bas seemed like? I was a special teams guy I did. I started out those special teams on Joe, let it tell you to tackle wishoes on pup return. I had something for you too. Who I bet you can't sit on no branch and turn your head around. You you that's who. Well, you scared to catch the punchs, you scared to get back there. I ain't eve worried about you. Back then, you do it an awful lot of hoo in tonight.
Speaker 5: Are you keep forgetting with my rookie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my rookie and my first and second season, I was a wedge buster, And you keep talking about me being scared.
Speaker 2: About your edge buster. You ain't no wed You're too light to be a wedge buster. You get your neck broke.
Speaker 1: You do realize, Okay, I don't want to get off topic, but I was a wedge buster. Ass asked my teammates. Hey, I'm sure you know some of my teammates as a rookie when I came in, who the wedge buster was?
Speaker 2: Not you? All right?
Speaker 3: Because back then the wedge with one thousand pounds, they had three man wedges.
Speaker 1: I know how much it was.
Speaker 2: You ain't hitting No. Three.
Speaker 3: First of all, you ran in the rate at two forty five and collapse like a deck of cards.
Speaker 1: Time out.
Speaker 5: You saw me running the ray and trip off my shoe strings.
Speaker 2: But you say I didn't see that. No, I didn't see that.
Speaker 3: Uh I did not see that, So I can imagine if you chat, y'all think he ran in the ray at two forty five and collapse.
Speaker 2: You think he gonna run into a thousand pound wedge.
Speaker 1: You understand physics, the laws of physics. I understand it. I was a math major. I was an econ major, So I understood what angles I need to take on the wedge and to to effect what they did, regardless of sides.
Speaker 3: O Jo, you do, O Joe, you do realize the wedge back then you had. I mean it was like d Lineman and the offensive Lineman. So you dealing up three thirty three forty running.
Speaker 1: I was there, You sitting there telling me like like I was there.
Speaker 5: I'm the one running. I'm the one running into it.
Speaker 2: What do you pull the tape? I want to see some tape when you busted the wedge.
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, that show you added labo.
Speaker 3: Now, I ain't gonna ask him about the tape like you tell me you want to take from when I dropped fifty two or what I had average thirty you want to take.
Speaker 5: I ain't seen no tape yet.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 3: See tape when you busted the wedge. Now I can pull some tape for you. I could give some tape for you me on special teams if you want.
Speaker 1: It, and I I had, I might have NFL films pull it for you so you can see it.
Speaker 2: If you.
Speaker 3: If you want me, if you want me to pull some tape of me, make it tackle those special team Oh kickoff, oh punt?
Speaker 2: I was a gunner. You want to see me making it tackles? I do that O yo.
Speaker 5: A matter of fact, asked Dais Thomas about me.
Speaker 2: Man, you weren't.
Speaker 3: First of all, you wasn't on No, you wasn't on no special team when A D was playing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was the gunner. Man, would you try to eat?
Speaker 2: I tell you was the gunner?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: I know fast was the gunner?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and that who do you think was? I was on him? I still play special teams even then.
Speaker 2: So you was a jammer?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: In my prime, I listen, I was, I was. I was everywhere.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Butler has been sued for allegedly failing to pay two hundred and sixty thousand in rent and leaving behind more than one hundred and twenty seven thousand dollars in damages related to a luxury home he leased in Miami beach. In the suit, the plaintiff contend Butler failed to pay two months of rent at one hundred and thirty thousand per.
Speaker 2: Month for the property damn.
Speaker 3: The lawsuit olo oh Joe one hundred and thirty per month. The lawsuit also allegend that Butler changed the looks and would lulocke excuse me, and would not give the key to the property owner, keeping maintenance workers from entering the home. Butler also is alleged to have failed to maintain the swimming pool, the air conditioning and ladland at ladder leave it, leading to an extensive mold that require replacement of the ceiling floors on the property. A hundred hold on one hundred and thirty thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think, how much is that?
Speaker 3: That's like a twenty five that's like a twenty five million dollar home, won't.
Speaker 1: Joe, oh well, I'm listen, listen, hold on?
Speaker 2: How much? How much? Hold on? How you paying?
Speaker 3: How you paying one hundred and thirty thousand dollars a month on a ten million dollar home? A ten million dollar all at home only supposed to charge you about forty fivesand and forty five thousand a month.
Speaker 1: Listen, the fact that you even know the numbers and how much it should cost, that lets me know I'm out of y'all. That's that's out of y'all, out of my range. Y'all out of my range. I mean the numbers, you the numbers. You're even saying it is too much because and I can see it, I got it.
Speaker 5: But it's it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not connecting one hundred and thirty who a month. Never ever, I.
Speaker 5: Don't care what it is. Ten million dollar home?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Because I murdered? Because I play in the NBA, right because I make a certain amount of money, that means my lifestyle has to has to match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Jimmy, I don't know why Jimmy just didn't buy he didn't. I don't know why Jimmy didn't buy a place he had been there for the extending period of time.
Speaker 5: You know, he knows he wasn't He won't want to live here.
Speaker 1: It's not his home state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one point five that's all. That's one point that's one point five million. Oh you know, Joe, if that's.
Speaker 1: Ten, that's a drop in the bucket for something. For them, for them, for them dudes.
Speaker 3: But that's besides the point. The point is, oh, Joe, he's paying that much in rent for a place that he's sending somebody. He's paying for somebody else vacation home.
Speaker 2: Right, he's paying for somebody else kids to go to private school and nice college. Right.
Speaker 3: One point five million on a ten million dollar home. That's crazy. That is absolutely that's his blonkers.
Speaker 1: Hey, remember what kind of money they make they make it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I get that, But just because you make a f you money, I'm trying to let do.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out what financial.
Speaker 3: Advisor let him spend one point five million on a house that's only value a ten million.
Speaker 2: That's my point.
Speaker 3: Damn, if you got it, if you got a financial person, ain't no financial person.
Speaker 2: In their right mind would let their client do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's listen.
Speaker 2: I ain't telling you because I mean, I mean, what do you have a financial advisor for? Now?
Speaker 3: Maybe they did tell him and he didn't listen because, like you said, he's making that money.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Me, what's the point of having a financial advisor if I'm not gonna take his advice?
Speaker 1: And what if the financial advisor didn't even say anything because he wants to continue to remain as financial advisor, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's God one hundred and thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But every month you hear me, boy, stop playing what.
Speaker 3: Jesus add it up? That's gotta be that's gotta be a third? Uh what's the interest rate? Go put in the Google or forty mine? What if I put two million dollars down on a forty million dollar home? What would be my monthly what would be my monthly payments?
Speaker 2: Cause? Hey, this this is freaking me out on Joe.
Speaker 1: Now, that just the number, the numbers being at high, the numbers being at high in general, it just doesn't sit right with me.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, you put no say you put down ten percent. You gotta put that in ten percent in her house?
Speaker 2: Right, Okay?
Speaker 3: Putting down four million, so that's thirty okay, So how much is the monthly payments?
Speaker 2: And what's what's interest? Uh? Huh?
Speaker 3: Two hundred and twenty thousand okay, okay, five percent interest rate? So come down to twenty twenty five million. So you're putting down two five million don't tell me one thirty seven a month for a twenty five million dollars dollars for a twenty five million dollar home, if you put ten percent down, which is two point five million, would come to one thirty seven, one hundred and thirty seven thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 5: Oh, so that means Jimmy must have been on Star Island.
Speaker 2: Then I don't know where it was.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is with that kind of money that you're paying out monthly, I know.
Speaker 2: I don't ask me how I know, but I know.
Speaker 1: Twenty five million dollar home. It's only so many twenty five million dollar homes. Coral Gables, Star Island, it says in Miami Beach. Yeah, so that's that's definitely. It gotta be startling. That's the only place. And obviously you're not paying for the house you're paying for you're paying for the location.
Speaker 2: Location. Well, that's real estate. What is real estate? Ojo? Location, location, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: Now you can get the same house that's twenty five men in Miami Beach, and you could be in Houston and get it for five million.
Speaker 3: Yes, boy, do you do you know how much house you could get in in Houston or Vegas or or tennis.
Speaker 1: What Oh yeah, yeah, crazy man.
Speaker 3: You'd have to have listen, you'd have to have like made service like they got at a hotel.
Speaker 1: To clean that clean.
Speaker 2: You'm talking about fifty thousands.
Speaker 3: Holdo, holy Field Building, Holyfield House, the one Ross got. Yeah, that's fifty plus thousand square feet.
Speaker 2: He built that for like ten million dollars.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's jo enormous.
Speaker 1: Huge, huge. You see, I must grass.
Speaker 5: You got a BA full baseball field, Olympic size swimming pool.
Speaker 3: Different Yeah, I I I'm listening one hundred and thirty fives of a month. No, hell no, no, I can't. I can't do that, not even if I got the money.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, Yeah, who hey, listen you talking to that?
Speaker 5: You're talking to the choir, Gospel mash man please.
Speaker 2: Stephen Curry, Oh yeah, was cooking tonight. Ninety six point.
Speaker 3: He had fifty six twelve may threes, sixteen or twenty five, twelve or twelve from the free throw line. He outscored Orlando by himself in the third quarter twenty two, twenty one. It's his fourteenth fifty point game of his career. Steph Curry has nine nine game nine what nine may threes? In NBA, he has forty five games O Joe in which he's made at least nine threes in the game. The next closest is Dame Lillard at fourteen, and then Klay Thompson at twelve. And if I'm not mistaken, if I read this correctly, I think if you take up the next five, Steph has more or he's tied with the next five. So if you Dame Lillard, if you put in Klay Thompson, I think j R. Smith is in that group. But it's about five other guys that have made at least nine threes in a game, And if you combine the next five highest, I think Steph still has more than all those guys. He was on one tonight, and you know we've seen this throughout his career.
Speaker 2: Once he gets cooking, Oh he cooks. You just hope you can weather the storm.
Speaker 3: And you got guys Paulo Bank Carroll was cooking off so not till he wasn't on Fuego like Steph was. I don't know if you saw this game, moo, did you take a look.
Speaker 2: At this game?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't have a chance to look at this game. Obviously I was sleep, you know, when this game is going on, I'm just waking up from a napshore I have the energy I needed tonight. But when you look at when I look at the stat line, I look at how efficient Steph was, you know, from three and his numbers at the free throw line, it just comes back to like, I mean, is this something we're not used to? You know, it's Steph even even human a time, because we've seen him put up these type of performances, you know, throughout his career, you know, and like you said, when he gets hot, he gets hot. So it's like okay, yeah, oh he Steph drop fifty six. I mean it's like, okay, nothing new.
Speaker 2: We're used to this.
Speaker 1: We've seen you know, you know what I mean in the sense we've seen this before. So I mean, yeah, it's Steph.
Speaker 3: And Steph has forty five, Dame has fourteen, Klay Thompson has twelve, James Harden has nine, Anthony Simons has five. C. J. McCullough has three. So if you take the well Jr. Smith has five. So if you take those next, if you take Dame, Ay, James Harden, Anthony Simons and j R. They have the same number. If you throw in Anthony at CJ. McCullum, now you got six guys and they have three more nine May threes in the game than Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: Man, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: He is the greatest shooter that we've ever seen. The way he can shoot. Their isn't a bad shot, you know, once upon a time, Man, that's a terrible shot. There is no terrible shot for Steph Curry, not for him, I mean, And what's most impressive. Yeah, shooting the basketball is impressive, but it's oh Joe, it's the continuation of running. Do you understand what type of conditioning this man has to be in, because you know, when you get tired with anything, hell, you get tired of running round on shoe, You're like, whoo, hands get.
Speaker 2: Lazy head, eyes, get lazy head, get lazy.
Speaker 3: Coming around all that stuff. And for him to put that kind of running in because hey, he's coming off screens contentially, he's one side, he'll hey long rebound, he'll reset, goes back up with it again. For him to be able to do this throughout the entirety of the game is unbelievable. I'm glad I've got an opportunity. I'm glad I'm old enough and I'm wise enough to understand what I'm witnessing, because there've been some great shooters, but there've been nothing like this young man. He is phenomenal at shooting the basketball, and every every accolade or superlative that you want to bestow upon him, he's more than deserving of that. Model citizen, doesn't get in any trouble. You don't have to worry about him. Hear his name off the field, wife for lovely kids, and he's what you want your franchise And you say, okay, he's a franchise player. That's what you want your franchise player to look like. Yes, that's what you want your franchise player to bet Uh. He's been a great ambassador for the NBA. He's been a great ambassador for the Curry family. There's nothing that his mom and dad should ever ever nobody his family should ever be ashamed of anything because he the way he speaks, the way he conducts himself on and off the court. Take a bow, Steph, you was on one tonight. I'll hey, whatever you ate today still probably go hey. He gonna send them. Hey, go get that again. Yeah, we're gonna take that on the plane we go wherever we going next. I don't know if they play in Miami or they head down to Atlanta, because they're probably on the East coach trip.
Speaker 2: Ojoke, Hey whatever you ate before the game? Whatever you did before this game?
Speaker 1: Same routine, Yeah, same routine.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's superstitious Orna O Yoe, but if I'm him to have a game like this, think about O Joe. I'm sure when you had that those big games, those what a couple of two on of your games?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, what did what did I do today?
Speaker 1: And you know, and you know, it's funny. Most of the time you have those big games like that, you get to drags, you get your drug tests to follow the morning because the NFL thinks something wrong with you, and you go back and try to remember exactly what you did right unk you can't even remember because sometimes at times it don't be nothing special. It's just one of those days where everything just seems to go right right.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know why Steph Curry get drug tests, because if he taking drugs day back for they ain't working so whatever whatever he taking, he needs to take more of it.
Speaker 2: Leave it alone.
Speaker 3: But you, like I said, there've been some great shooters. Lad Bird was a great shooter. Reggie Miller was a great shooter. Obviously, Clay Uh Dame Dollar arguably the Ray Allen James Harden could let the ball go. Yeah, we've never seen anything like Steph Curry. I'm not so sure we're gonna see it again now thereby eventually somebody down the line might make more threes. But I think I think we can definitively say even if they make more threes, they weren't a better shooter than Steph. They just got they because Steph what created this, brought this wave in to take in that many threes, because it was Golden State that was shooting thirty three is a game. Now you get some guy they're shooting fifty, team shooting fiftier game. So guys coming in shooting more threes. But as far as just flat out shooting a basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, better him. We got an opportunity to see it on ford display at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Remember, oh, you that last game against Fred in crunch time when we actually yeah.
Speaker 3: They had him double. Hey, hey, passed the KD KD, swung it back to him. Hey, and my good friend Mark Jacks and say, can I have this dance?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey, between the leg, behind the back, crossover, step back, twenty eight feet splash.
Speaker 2: Have you won it?
Speaker 1: He can come here listen like like you said, not only is it the best shooter, he can create his own space. Oh yeah, yeah, listen he coming off picks, running plays, creating his own space.
Speaker 2: All he need, all he need, all he needs a little bit now.
Speaker 1: Because his releases is quick.
Speaker 5: His release is so quick.
Speaker 3: It's that man, Because the thing is now what he's done before, what he didn't do earlier in his career. He'll put the ball on the floor and go buy you. Oh yeah, So if you hug up on him, he got the kind of handles that can put the ball on the floor, and he got a nice float game he can finish. Now he's gonna go finish above the rim like a Russ or like a d Rose could, but he can finish nice float gaming.
Speaker 2: You know you file him.
Speaker 3: He's the greatest free throw shooter and percentage wise in NBA history. So he's really hard to defend because you want to get aggressive and not let him come. He's looking to get separation and all he needs is an inch. He gets that separation and the next thing you know, he's launching one. And so yeah, he but it was unbelievable to watch him getting that zone and to see guys getting the zone. Guys are usually getting a zone like this from distance. We've seen guys get hot oho and they'll lay the ball up and they got the mid range game. But he's shooting from distance. Yeah, I mean twenty five, twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Hell, hell the logo he got that kind of he got that kind of range. He has that kind of handles. Uh.
Speaker 3: He's unbelievable to watch and uh wo, I don't know, I might have to reassess what I think about the Golden State Warrior because I didn't think they was gonna do now.
Speaker 2: They still got an uphill climb because they.
Speaker 3: Were they were what they were I think tenth when Steven and I had this conversation on Tuesday, and so they got some digging because they're still in the play and currently I don't I'm not sure that how much ground they can make up to get out of that that that playing. I think you got to get to at least the six seed to get out.
Speaker 2: Of the playing. We'll see.
Speaker 3: Uh, but Steph Curry carried him to night. Jimmy, nobody did anything other than him. But when you got a guy like that, all you're doing is sitting picks and get them the basketball.
Speaker 2: I ain't trying to interfere with that. I ain't trying to get no shots.
Speaker 1: So if he's hot, let him cook.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, let's you cook. Let him burn it down. He burn this mofo down. But he was, he was on one tonight. And like I said, when he gets going like that, it's just like, oh Joe, you see like it. A guy catches a bunch of passes once he gets it going. Chase you see chasing Jela, and you see these guys get going. You had the mercy you had once once a lineman get going. You let a Miles Garrett or you let a TJ. Watt and then get a couple of sacks early. You got your hands for the rest of the game. You better double him, you better chimp him. Now, you better an that's a that's all pro. Over that left tack and that's all pro.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't mean nothing.
Speaker 3: Not not when not, When the guys getting it going like that, you're kind of at their mercy. And when Steph gets it going and these guys, I mean, you're talking about anybody. Dame Clay. We saw Clay the other night get it cooking and uh, he was, uh, he was something special.
Speaker 2: Going on.
Speaker 1: Liv