Speaker 1: Native Land Pod is the production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Recent Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Well Come, Well Come, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: The twelve every Day jurors vowed to make a decision based on the evidence and the law. And the evidence and the law alone, their deliberations led them to a unanimous conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant, Donald J. Trump, is guilty of thirty four counts of falsifying business records in the first degree to conceal a scheme to corrupt the twenty sixteen election. And while this defendant may be unlike any other in American history, we arrived at this trial and ultimately today at this verdict in the same manner as every other case that comes to the courtroom dooring by following the facts and the law, in doing so without fear or fevor.
Speaker 2: Here's where we are in the matter of the people of the State of New York against Donald J. Trump. He was found guilty in thirty four counts. So for effects, I was trying to make sure that you all knew what was going on. As you know, last year April of twenty twenty three, the Manhattan District attorney Alvin Bragg, who is a brother, ind and pursued an indictment against Donald Trump for thirty four counts. The thirty four counts were all related to falsifying business records in the first degree. This is thirty four of Donald Trump's eighty eight counts or indictments. Right he has been indicted on eighty eight charges, different charges on the county level and on the federal level. The federal cases involved classified documents and election interference. The classified documents charge is related Tomorrow Lago.
Speaker 4: It is in Miami.
Speaker 2: Election interference case is regarding what happened on January sixth.
Speaker 4: It is in DC.
Speaker 2: Both of those cases brought to you by Jack Smith. Both of those delayed. Fulton County brought to you by Da Fannie willis delayed. This is the only case that is likely to see a courtroom. Before the election, it was a major deal. A lot of folks, including myself, had a great trepidation about whether or not there would be a guilty.
Speaker 4: Count at all.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna tell y'all wile I'm still not popping bottles number one, I'm not even gonna celebrate anyone going to jail necessarily. But what I'm concerned about here is this, the Supreme Court has heard a presidential immunity case for Donald Trump relating to criminal charges. They have never had to hear a case about indicting a president, a sitting president in their official capacity or otherwise, and so there is no precedent for that, so they had to hear. They have a civil basis for that with Richard Nixon and others don't have a criminal basis. So this is the first time they have to decide whether president should have criminal immunity or complete immunity as they call it. That case oral arguments have been heard. That case will be decided in late June early July. What does that mean? People will argue that that only applies to the criminal charges. On the federal level, Here's what I take issue with. There's a little thing called the United States Constitution, and then the US Constitution.
Speaker 4: There is a provision related to.
Speaker 2: Laws, the hierarchy of laws in this country. It's called the supremacy Clause. The supremacy clause is Article six, paragraph two in the Constitution. In that what you should know is that federal law takes precedent over state law. You should know that this is where they are. You that federal law is the supreme law of the land. Sure we understand states rights, Sure we understand that people can be held liable or guilty on multiple levels. I understand that. But I am near confident that these folks will make the argument that if he is immune on a federal level, that that will trickle down to the state case, to the county case. That's what I believe. That is my argument. That is my highest and greatest concern right now. So I am not confident. I'm not putting a lot of stock in Okay. This man is supposed to be sentenced on seven eleven, seven eleven, even back Golo Joe shout out to everybody knows about ice Cube seven eleven at ten am by Judge Wan Marshawn.
Speaker 4: Now here's the thing. He's slated to be sentenced.
Speaker 2: He has no priors, at least no priors that he's been convicted of. I think we all believe that Donald Trump has been crooked for a long time, playing a mean and evil game for.
Speaker 4: A long time.
Speaker 2: But in his white privilege, he's never been held liable, criminally liable or otherwise. He's been sued a gazillion times, paid fines a gazillion times, but never had a criminal charge that he's been found guilty of. These are the first, and it happens to be thirty four of this pretty strong statement by this jury. But he's scheduled to be sentenced on seven to eleven.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: With no priors, he's not likely to be he's not not likely to go to jail, And so I want people to manage their expectations around that as well. So when you consider that and how his rabid fan base, his rabbit supporters, what they believe, what they embrace, what they support, I think that that is only going to embolden them.
Speaker 4: I think that they are going to say.
Speaker 2: This man was wrongly accused in this criminal justice system. It was selective and vindictive prosecution. He should have never been charged, he should have never been indicted.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: And if he's going to use it to fundraise, he is going to use it to garner more support. He's going to use it to attack the jurors, to attack the judge, to attack the prosecutors in these cases, as he's already done, including the judge's daughter, right like, So these are These are not things that I'm just making up out it then air.
Speaker 4: These are this is how he moves.
Speaker 2: So I'm very concerned that these charges won't stick and that to the extent that they say that he's a wrongfully convicted felon, that it only emboldens his base. There are a lot of people, as you all know, that are wrongfully convicted.
Speaker 4: Every single day.
Speaker 2: We've just been fighting for one Marilyn Moseby, as you all know who. We're still pushing for all of us to sign a petition for her presidential pardon Justice from Marilynmoseby dot com. This is what we're up against, y'all. This is a system that has not been kind to us. It is not being good to us. And Donald Trump is trying to play and pray on our oppression that we've experienced in the criminal justice system and act like he understands the plight of a brother or a sistan.
Speaker 4: No, you don't, and so we need to know what it is.
Speaker 2: This is someone who's been crooked for a long time, has been fraudulent for a long time, has gotten away with murder for a long time.
Speaker 4: We need to call it what it is.
Speaker 2: So when you are faced with the inaccuracies and the misinformation and the alternative facts from his supporters, make sure you're clear about what else is at stake, and what else is on the line, and what else he's been charged with. Even if the judge who he appointed in Miami continues to delay the trial, you all understand what it is. It's all part of the game, the reason why this has so much traction in the Supreme Court and why they really are considering giving him, granting him full immunity, which would mean avoiding criminal prosecution on the federal level, and I think will have ramifications on the state and county levels as well. There are three of those folks, three of those judges who were appointed by Donald Trump. When we talk about what is at stake in this justice system, please understand stand the way in which the games are played. You will hear from us on this podcast, and you will certainly hear more from us on the Trump trials and the tribulations that he's putting us through as a result of these trials next week on the podcast Welcome Home Everybody. Make sure if you haven't downloaded yet and followed the podcast, it is native lamppod check us out every single Thursday. We absolutely are having the times of our lives and we have justice to pursue by any and all means necessary.
Speaker 4: God Take care of.
Speaker 1: Native lamdpod is the production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reasent Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.