Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look now at some stocks making news in the week ahead. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg Intelligence Global Head of Tech Research Mandeep Singh, because we have some major tech earnings coming up this week, including the big one from Nvidia. Is Nvidia still the big one man deep when it comes to the AI trade and earnings?
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I mean, if there's you know, one company that really has carried through the mantle then it comes to this AI build out, it is in Nvidia, and it shows up in their numbers when you look at you know, growth expectations of close to mid ninety percent and actually their revenue seems to be accelerating. So it just goes to show that, you know, this company with over a three hundred and fifty billion dollar run rate now is really executing very well and it is at the front and center of this big AI infrastructure buildout.
Speaker 1: It's incredible the run that Invidia has had literally for years now, and just now this latest announcement of a one hundred and five billion dollar data center investment in Ohio for open Ai. It just speaks to so much of the outperformance that we've seen for in Nvidia for quite some time. And I guess the question still of you know, whether circular investment is still an issue for this company? Is it for you?
Speaker 3: Well, So the thing that has changed with Nvidia now versus a couple of years back is it's got a really strong balance sheet with a ton of cash to invest. And so what it is doing now is with these big data center deals, it is helping you know, the likes of open Ai and Tropic and other companies neoclouds finance this build out where if they want to set up a data center, Nvidia will be that backstop in terms of filling in some of the investment requirements and then helping these labs raise funding from private capital and other sources. But in Vidia is really flexing its balance sheet in terms of making sure there is a robust ecosystem around it and all of them are able to raise financing, because that's the hard thing now as these numbers get bigger and bigger, not every company will be able to raise financing. For one, hundred billion dollar data center. So that's where in Radia comes in and kind of helps and be that backstop. And Google is doing the same thing, by the way, so all these major players who are training the models are kind of using their balance sheet in an effective way to prop up the ecosystem around that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're definitely looking forward to those earnings results from Nvidia on Wednesday. We're also going to hear from CrowdStrike, the cybersecurity firm. A lot of debate about this company's valuation heading into the print. How do you see it?
Speaker 3: I would agree that they have been a beneficiary of, you know, the entropic Mythos release and all the kind of anxiety around every company being at risk of a cyber attack because Mythos exposed all the vulnerabilities. But to my mind, CrowdStrike hasn't really shown that in their numbers. They're still growing top line at mid twenty percent, which is healthy, but nothing like what you know, we talked about in Vidia growing at mid ninety percent, and you know some of the other companies in the chip space are growing triple digits. So mid twenty percent growth for a company of CrowdStrike size doesn't seem that impressive, and it's already trading at a very premium valuation multiple, So from that perspective, the expectations are higher. But maybe they come out and talk about, you know how all the enterprises have started increasing their cybersecurity spend POSTMETHOS, and that will be a good narrative. I think that may help the stock sentiment.
Speaker 1: And before we hear from crowdstriking Nvidia on Tuesday, we're going to get earnings from Marvel Technologies off the back of their announcement of a twelve point two billion dollar share purchase deal with Google. What's that say about where Marvel is in the chip raise?
Speaker 3: I mean, all these chip companies I think have really benefited in a big way from you know, the capex increases that we keep hearing about, and Marvel is exposed to all the custom silicon development and now they are partnering with Google. Earlier they were predominantly working with Amazon. So the fact that Google is working with Broadcom and now they are working with Marvel to expand their TPU kind of unit shipments suggests to me that, you know, Marvel, we'll see accelerating top line as well. And they have more customers now than they had previously, and Google is obviously a big customer. I was a little surprised with the stock warrant aspect of this deal, like why they had to give that, But we've seen that kind of you know deal with between AMD and Meta and MD and open Ai, so it's not that unusual these days to you know, give warrants if you have a big customer lined.
Speaker 2: Up the Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.