Speaker 1: Does your wife keep track of what you ate?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, no, no, no, no, she doesn't keep track of what I do.
Speaker 1: I don't mean like, I don't mean like keep track of what you ate in terms of like, hey you're eating too much. I mean like the good shit in our house. She's watching like you had the last Eminem packet that's mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do fight over Eminem's, the peanut kind. We fight over candy a lot. My wife and I yo yo, uh. We should talk about this because a lot of people don't know. But it was Sinco de Mayo yesterday. Yes, you were fasting, so you didn't participate in Cinco de Maya.
Speaker 1: What did you do? What did you do?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Casa Vega is one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in the Sherman Oaks area right and you know, nobody can go to restaurants right now. But they had a little drive through going on where you can get you know, tacos and and and beans and rice and you know whatever was on the menu and maas and margarita's.
Speaker 1: How do they give you the margarita? They brought it.
Speaker 3: They put it in a half gallon pitcher that doesn't not even a pitcher. It's like a half gallon, you know, like you put milk in it. You know, you get milk and it's a half gallon bottom jar whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they put it in that. Wow, and we got three of them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did you get hammer?
Speaker 2: We only have one left.
Speaker 1: You guys had a party over there.
Speaker 2: We drank a gallon of margarita yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, delish, I'm so jealous. I literally this this this fast thing we're on. It's like all you eat is this thin soup. It looks like it looks like gruel, remember that thing that Oliver wanted more of. That's what it looks like. Yeah, it looks like or like what they what they'd slop on a pirate ship, what they'd serve you for dinner. That's what it looks like.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: They have like a little bit of celery and like a little bit of carrot.
Speaker 1: It looks like cartoonishly watered down soup. That's what we're allowed to eat.
Speaker 2: But it's it's white colored.
Speaker 1: No, it's the color of whatever flavor they think it is. It's like tomato is like tomato colored, but it's just got little specs of crap in it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: But just you wait, Donald, We're gonna you're gonna check in when we record on Friday, and you're gonna you're gonna say, wow, you look even thinner.
Speaker 2: I want to I want to fast.
Speaker 1: But I shall we sing? Should we sing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure? Why not?
Speaker 1: I'd like to count in today because I realized I haven't counted in a long time. I've been giving it to you. I've been giving it to Bill Lawrence, our guests, giving it to Judy as a present, and and I just feel feeling left out.
Speaker 2: Well, Zach, I want you to give it to me.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, okay, Dan, hit it. I like a little you know what, Wait before you hit it, Dan. You know, I always thought it was so cool when DJs on the radio do the thing they called talk up, like they know exactly when the words come in and they stop talking right at the I believe DJ is called talking up a song right right, so they they I'm sure they have it labeled somewhere, like the lyrics start at five seconds in or something. And I always thought it was so smooth. So I'd like to talk up this song.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, do it?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. So I'm not gonna count in. Dan, I'm just gonna talk it up. I'm nervous now, I'm nervous. Now here we go, Welcome everybody to fake doctors, real friends. We're so glad you're joining us. And here's a song by Charlie Blooth.
Speaker 2: Do here's some stories about show.
Speaker 1: We made about a bunch of docs.
Speaker 2: And said, here's the stories natural.
Speaker 1: So gather around here, yether here Hey. Lots of talk on the social media about you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And uh and you is it? Is it that bad?
Speaker 1: No, it's it's just people just need to accept it. It's part of your way of.
Speaker 2: Speaking, it is part of mine.
Speaker 1: I'm just concerned though about those who are doing it as a drinking game, that that that we're gonna turn people into alcoholics.
Speaker 3: I'm up the I think we should keep the things, but if you don't want to keep the things, we could we could remove the dings.
Speaker 1: And also, I heard, by the way, Dan, that you missed some I saw on Twitter some people were like that dings were hilarious, but you guys missed like four. You know what I mean? Dan, what was the total I mean of the ones you caught? What was the total nine.
Speaker 2: That's not a lot for an hour, dude.
Speaker 1: Bye. By the way, that's when you were trying not to say it, dude.
Speaker 2: But but I was also it was me not it was me using it as slang, though at that point it wasn't me just saying, you know what I mean. After everything I said, somebody brought to my attention that you say, you know a lot. I'm just gonna put it out there.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm trying to shift the ship to me. Listen, listen, I do I listen. We all have. We all if you record someone for multiple hours, you're gonna hear some of the things that they say when they speak. I'm sure we all have our own tics. Yeah, I'm sure you listening right now judging us, you probably have some vocal go tos.
Speaker 3: The ones that the ones that kind of get on my nerves are like when people say I mean all the time before they say anything.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like no, I.
Speaker 1: Get it, or like, I mean, I hear you say like a lot.
Speaker 2: We all say like a lot.
Speaker 1: I know, but the young folks really use like a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That that's the one that gets me.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, I mean, I'm literally the wrong use of literally is also a bit of a pet peeve that's abused.
Speaker 2: You literally don't like that.
Speaker 1: I literally literally get annoyed when people overuse literally. Should we get into the episode.
Speaker 2: Donald, let's do it. I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna jump right in and say, holy shit, you are so good in this episode. I forgot how Turk centric it was, so it is a Turk episode it is. It's a very Turk episode.
Speaker 2: Do some great moments.
Speaker 1: I'm not just saying this because I love you so much, but I do, But holy shit, you are so good in this episode. And I multiple things. There's the there's we could spend a whole episode of this podcast on that gospel fantasy. We're gonna spend plenty of time on it, don't get me wrong. But also you're you're dramatic acting at the end when you're all upset, the scene with you and Judy on the roof, you running to the park, I just thought you did really really good work.
Speaker 2: Oh you're a sweetheart, you know.
Speaker 3: Thank you first of all. Second of all, this was one of my This isn't necessarily one of my favorite episodes, but there's so many really cool things that happened in this episode that I got to be a part of. One was obviously the gospel choir thing. That was a lot of fun. One of my favorite movies of all time is Coming to America too, And also Which Way Is Up? And Which Way Is Up? Richard Pryor plays a reverend in a church and in Coming to America. Ursiney o' hall's portrayal of the reverend is amazing as well. And so if any if I was doing anything in that scene, I was stealing from the two of them, because I just.
Speaker 1: Get right to it.
Speaker 2: Amazing, Let's get right to it.
Speaker 1: You are so fucking funny in that and I well, I watched it like multiple times just because that scene. I think it's one of the I honestly, I know we're just started this, but I think it's one of the best fantasies in Scrubs history, solely because of your performance. And I know that you're doing an homage to your favorite one of our favorite movies, Coming to America, but you really made it your own. I mean, I just was dying laughing. The Jerry curl, the the swing into the arms, the padding of the forehead. We gonna we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna what you wanna, cut them open, and then we're gonna stow them right back to get you.
Speaker 1: I remember that day genuinely cracking up, and you were just going for it, man. You were you were literally sweating your ass on hot as and you were just being.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't sweating my ass off. So you kind of used literally in the way that you hate it. Okay, because I was literally sweating, but my ass didn't fall off, right, Okay, there it is.
Speaker 2: There, it is.
Speaker 1: It is. It is literally not possible in a literal sense for someone's ass to be sweat off. I believe. I believe that's true. Joelle, Please look that up.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of fun doing that scene. Man.
Speaker 3: The one of the great things was looking out into the audience also and seeing, you know how background really enjoyed themselves, and then also seeing familiar faces in the background.
Speaker 2: Colonel Doctor for the first time is in this episode.
Speaker 1: Wait, before you're jumping around, let's just stay focused on you. We can't go to curl doctor Wells in the background. I know, but yes, okay, sorry, but I didn't want to go to curl doctor yet because it is his first appearance in a Scrubs episode, he shows up in the background of Sarah's scene first.
Speaker 2: Also Neil Flynn in the background of this episode clapping.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was funny, and what about me when I get the spirit.
Speaker 2: And then you catch in the Holy Ghost? Dude, that freaked me out. The first time I ever saw that, I'm gonna be in real life. My first time ever seeing you. I saw listen. I went to church with my babysitter. Was like a midnight mass type thing, and we went to church and we saw, first of all, people around.
Speaker 3: Us are catching the spirit, right, catching the Holy Ghost, and they're losing it. And I was like, all right, I'm safe. I'm here with my babysitter.
Speaker 2: I know she's not going to catch the Holy Spirit. She catches the bad boy.
Speaker 1: And I was like, yeah, So how did she start acting like.
Speaker 2: She just out of nowhere? She just started dancing right like you did, like your character does, like JD does. She started dancing and then she started praising God, which is what you know as a youth when you don't see stuff like that. Like, my grandmother was Piscopalian, so we had to go to Piscopalian church and stuff like that. And it wasn't like that, you know what I mean. Even though it was all black, it wasn't a Baptist church, you know what I mean. And when you go to when you go to a Baptist church, you know they put it in.
Speaker 1: I'd love to do that.
Speaker 2: By the way, Oh, it's amazing the choir.
Speaker 1: I would love to have the experience of going to a church like the one we're representing in the show. I just think it would be amazing. I've never seen that in real life, obviously, I've seen it on TV and on video of people speaking in tongues and and no judgments. I'm not whatever works for you, that's amazing. I like you said, as a child, I was always like, oh my God, what is what is happening? And it was so shocking to see someone reacting like that.
Speaker 2: To get touched by the spirit of God.
Speaker 1: I like the idea that JD you know, got the spirit when you were such a good minister, that it just.
Speaker 2: Came to him, right, the music got into him and and and.
Speaker 1: I don't know, or I just improved that. I don't recall, do you remember.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was scripted. I think I think you might have improved it.
Speaker 1: I think I just thought I said to Bill, like, oh my god, I should get the spirit. I think that's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, amazing, amazing man, great scene the choir was.
Speaker 1: The choir was amazing. Although they although we do we do have two of them that that spike the lens and wave at the camera around eight sixteen. I don't know if you caught that they got They may have caught the spirit too and the decided to wave to the lens. But uh, but they were. They were amazing. And by the way, am I mistaken or did you? Or did you when you were just riffing. One of the things that was you were so great when when they would when you would be in your element and they would just tell you to go whether that could be the dance, the famous dance you did that that that everyone always talks about, or or so many things, but in this moment when you were just riffing and being that preacher, I mean, you just got lost in it and it was so amazing to watch you do that. But I remember that when you can what's the name of the song we sing in this song?
Speaker 2: Remember the song?
Speaker 1: And they kept it in and thought that was so funny.
Speaker 2: It was supposed to be something like quah, let us let us you know, uh let us uh bless the congregation with the song you know, Christ the Lord right, right, And I remember getting down back quile what's the name of a song? Was second?
Speaker 1: But you stated character. It was so funny. You know, it was such a good lesson early on in Scrubs that if we stayed in character, a lot of that stuff could if it was funny, would stay in right. And and that was a perfect example of you doing that and Bill going in the edit room like, oh, that's funny, that's staying yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So so this whole episode, it was written by deb Ford Them.
Speaker 3: Deb Ford Them that's right, who also wrote the musical episode, right.
Speaker 1: Was the one of the main writers on the musical episode, and I think actually participated in writing a lot of lyrics for the famous musical episode, that's right. And Jeff Melman was the director, And I just learned a little trivia that he directed some of the sitcom you.
Speaker 2: Did the xes, Yeah, I did, I did.
Speaker 1: I do you not put two and two together?
Speaker 2: I did not remember that?
Speaker 1: Do you remember? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: I do know? Jeff Melman has been now that you have said that, Well.
Speaker 1: He only directed one episode of Scrubs and it was twenty years ago, so you're okay for not remembering that. But I don't know if you put two and two together. You also directed your sitcom The X.
Speaker 3: I think we even talked about him directing an episode of Scrubs when he directed the episode of Right the Exes anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Kristin Johnston, who you did The Exes with, I bought her house. That's where I live.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not only that, but you guys also did Twelfth Night together.
Speaker 1: We did Twelfth Night together in Central Park at the Della Court and you and that's when she said, Hey, I want to move out of La I'm over it. Do you have any interest? And I was just at the time when I was starting to think about buying my first house. And what's funny is that she was quite an entertainer. She threw a lot of bashes at the house, and so over the years when I've told people that I bought the house from her, they're always like, ooh, I've been so fucked up in that in your house.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 3: Well she's now sober and she's written a wonderful book called Guts, which is out on the market right now. And if you guys are listening and want a good read in the voice of Kristin Johnson. She also does the audiobook, check it out. It's very, very, very revealing and she's very open about her addiction.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you get and I've read the book and it's amazing and you should get it. And when you're hearing about some of her partying, just know it was happening in my.
Speaker 2: Yo. Somebody got mad, dude, you oh man, somebody got mad that I ruined that joke or that not the joke, the bit of trivia. I know.
Speaker 1: On one of the last episodes, I said I was gonna do a trivia for Donald involving the breakfast Club, and he ruined it and some guy and some guy wrote on Twitter I was legit excited for a bit of trivia and Donald did indeed ruin it. We gotta filter in some more trivia to this show. Absolutely, so okay, dead forward, Jeff Melman, it's a great episode. I gotta say, you know, they're not all this good. This was a darn good one. And first thing I wrote down was Nurse Tisdale at thirty five seconds in Yes, which is a oh mah to film Fast Times a Ridge on High. Now, some of you younger folk might not know that movie. You should watch it because it's a seminal eighties film. And I remember watching it at someone's house, far too young to be watching it, Like I should not have been watching that movie at the age I was, And I remember feeling like, don't move because I don't want any adult to notice that I'm here and I'm watching this, and I probably shouldn't be watching Phoebe Kate's reveal her Bosoms. Yeah, do you remember when you saw that?
Speaker 3: I do remember when I saw that movie, And you know, the one thing that stuck out from that movie for me was Sean Penn totally awesome and his Jeff Spoccoli.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit of trivia for you. Do you know who wrote that movie?
Speaker 1: Yes, it was Amy Heckerling, No Cameron Crowe. Amy Heckerling directed it, absolutely, okay, Amy Heckerling, who wrote and directed.
Speaker 2: Clueless wrote and directed Clueless.
Speaker 1: Yes, So it's six degrees of Donald Faison?
Speaker 3: Is what your six degrees of Donald face? Forest Whitaker's also in that movie. He directed, Waiting to Exhale, and I was in it, and I remember going on the audition for Waiting to Exhil at the same time I was shooting Clueless, the movie, and I was, you know, Forrest and I had a little conversation about his experience with Amy and the reason why I got Waiting to Xel because I'm sure there were a bunch of people who auditioned for it. But Forrest told me, he was like, you know, I went with you because you know you're working with Amy, and Amy gave me my start and there was something that was a form of nostalgia, and for me, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: So I got to be in Waiting Exhil with.
Speaker 3: Whitney Houston and Labassett, Loretta, Divine, Lee, Liver Sean, I got to oh Man, I got to meet several actors, from Michael Beach to one of my favorite all time performers, Gregory Hines.
Speaker 1: That's what I've never seen the movie. I've got to be artist with you.
Speaker 2: But you've never seen Waiting Axcel.
Speaker 1: No, But I'm gonna write it down because we're looking for quarantine movies and I do love your work.
Speaker 2: You should watch Wait in xhil. It's a lot of fun if.
Speaker 1: You have a good part in it. Or should I need to just fast forward to your scenes.
Speaker 3: No, you should watch the movie. The movie is actually very entertaining. It's it's it's and the soundtrack is amazing. By the way, Holy cow, babyface, you put your foot in it when you made that one.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: It just means he puts some, he puts some.
Speaker 1: He did a good job.
Speaker 2: He put a little stroozy on it, you know, baby face, he's still doing his thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just haven't heard about him his name in the public lexicon in a long time.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we digressed, Let's get back here.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we digress. Nurse Tisdale, she's coming down doing an homage to Fast Times the Ridge on High. By the way, if you haven't seen Fast Times the Ridge My High, you should because it perfectly I think encapsulates a period of time in the eighties, and and it's a really really I mean it was written by Cameron Crow. I mean, it's a great movie. Fifty eight seconds Snoop, you know, showing up Snoops in a lot of this episode. Snoop dogg Interurn.
Speaker 2: Snoop Dogg was in a lot of this show.
Speaker 1: I know it's funny. If you guys start looking at the background, you'll.
Speaker 2: Say, not Snoop dog real, snoop Dogg, snoop Dogg.
Speaker 1: I feel see if you guys look at if you guys look at these episodes closely, you'll see that basically they're just they're just moving around the same twenty background folks. And there's times where it's like there'll be one scene and Snoops in the background, and then then we're upstairs and Snoops in the background. I'm like, guys, come.
Speaker 3: On, well he worked a lot and then yeah, but now we're starting to introduce new characters, so you'll see Colonel.
Speaker 1: Yeah Doctor one fifty one a momentous moment. Colonel Doctor first appearance in the background, as Bill told us on the last episode, named because everyone thought he looked like Colonel Sanders.
Speaker 2: From the Kentucky Fried Chicken commercials.
Speaker 1: And is he still alive or did he pass I believe he passed away. I believe way he was an older fellow when we're doing this twenty years ago. By the way, someone clarified for me on on the social media interwebs that the Beard Fasse film I was trying to remember was Girl with the Dragon tattoo. I knew it was a Fincher move.
Speaker 2: Was Fincher? You're right?
Speaker 1: So I was right about it being Fincher. It's Girl with the Dragon to Daniel Craig is on a plane and the camera sort of just Dolly's past a close up of Beard Fasce. So thank you for the for the listener who helped me out with that.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna go to break, We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: Hey listen. I occasionally Season one would go out partying with you during the week. Yes, I was occasionally, Yes, I was feeling myself. I had never had a dollar in my pocket, let.
Speaker 2: Alone some hat television show, hit.
Speaker 1: Television show, and you and I I can't. I mean, it's forty five years old. You can't imagine you would ever do this. But in our twenties we would occasionally go out the nights of filming.
Speaker 2: Occasionally, I remember we would say things like, all right, look, just want to do one shot?
Speaker 1: About just one? I'm sure everybody out there can relate to your friend going, how about just one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna do one shot hard to beat you hard six o'clock in the morning. If we're gone by midnight, we could be home by one and we still have a good five hours of sleep.
Speaker 1: Right hard cut to like at six in the morning when Orlando Jones is swimming.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it wasn't even six. It was like four forty five, right, And it was the night you had to be at work at six and.
Speaker 1: I had to Did you have to go in or just me?
Speaker 2: You didn't have to go in, so I had to go in, but I didn't have to be in until like, oh.
Speaker 1: Man, this was this is this is if you looked at a graph of me being irresponsible at work. This was the high point because I think I was in Orlando Jones's pool hammered at four forty five. Yeah, and that day I had to shoot this Fonnsie fantasy at three forty one that starts at three forty one. So when you see that Fonsie thing, not only am I hungover, I'm still buzzed, right right, I'm still buzzed from partying with Orlando Jones.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 3: To this day, That's still one of the most epic nights. I mean we've had some pretty epic nights, but well, because he was so young and fresh in the game and.
Speaker 1: I hadn't met that any stars, and I was just like, I can't believe, are we going to Orlando Jones' house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was fresh off of doing uh. He he had he had already said goodbye to the seven up commercials and now he had the movie that had just come out with him and David Duchovny and Sean Williams Scott called Evolution or something like that, and we were all hanging out.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I was doing any Star. I was excited. I was just excited. I felt like, I'm living the Hollywood dream. I'm not waiting tables anymore. I'm partying with Orlando Jones and Donald.
Speaker 2: Fa and Dion and Deontae Gordon with.
Speaker 1: And Deontay Gordon, Donald's Donald's stand and slash our friend and uh. And then I went and did this fantasy. So I was just watching it because I remember that being in pain and it's it's a very funny fantasy. So i'm i'm, i'm. I was grateful this many years later, I did ruin a moment for the fans because that's a funny fantasy.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious. He's not gonna make it. Then you come in the jew box.
Speaker 1: Like for those of you who are too young to remember, the fans who I'm spoofing here could pretty much had magical powers.
Speaker 2: I mean when it came to jukeboxes and women.
Speaker 1: Yes, the fan maybe in the beginning he was just juke boxing, but then like as I recall late in later episodes of Happy Days, he would literally he could like work magic because.
Speaker 2: Snap and women out of nowhere would show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fonzie had to move out of Milwaukee because he had dated every woman in Milwaukee. Is that recall that was that was a subplot he had he had been on a date with every single woman in Milwaukee and he could, so he had to go out of city.
Speaker 2: For that right on.
Speaker 3: Such a funny scene though, such a funny scene. And that's how you you know we all believe in miracles.
Speaker 1: Well that's how that's what starts off your really cool arc about testing your faith and and so was it dropped from you? You mentioned earlier that it was was your was churks religiousness dropped from here on out? Like did it ever come up did you stop wearing that cross? The cross by the way, you never see this cross ever before, but in this so because you're supposed to be religious, the crosses in every every shot.
Speaker 3: Well, we shot it in another episode also, but the cross is was it was after this you don't see the cross anymore, I believe, And we don't talk about Turk's faith really anymore, which.
Speaker 1: Is bizarre because at the end of the episode your faith is restored. I mean, you literally have a sign from God. Did you go see a pregnant woman in the park?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I just knew she was in the park?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did you just know? Did you even know? Does Turke even know Sarah's storyline about her having a pregnant woman?
Speaker 3: I think the I think the whole hospital knows about it because she's escaped and everybody's on the lookout.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're on the roof, by the way, how funny is it the judy trying to cheer you up, wants to bang on the roof of the hospital. I know, I thought that was a funny plot line, Like, here, baby, I'll cheer you up. Let's have sex on this gravelly dirty rooftop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look back at that. I look back at that, and I'm like, Turk, what were you thinking?
Speaker 1: I love, I love us, I love I'm wanting it going be so gross And you're like, oh, what was Turk thinking? I mean, like, I don't know. I think having sex in like really awkward places is always so like such a thing you only see in movies.
Speaker 2: Like have you had sex and awkward places before?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not going to go too into my sex life for everybody, but I do. I think I have hooked up on the beach with with with someone and thought this looks way better in the movies. There's like sand in my creases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh no, I have never had sex in really any awkward.
Speaker 1: There you go. We're giving the exclusive here on Fake Doctor's Real Friends Donald Fai song never having sex in an awkward place, like, I.
Speaker 2: Know people that have done it in some crazy places.
Speaker 1: I'm like, there's people who are into that. They're like they like they think of it like notches on their belt, Like, well, you're not gonna believe where we bang the hospital roof.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Turk and Carl, aren't that couple?
Speaker 1: What about those people who about having sex on an airplane bathrooms? I always thought that would be humiliating to come out of the bathroom and everyone's looking at you and so obvious what you did.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is not a lot of people have the opportunity to have sex over a mile above the earth.
Speaker 2: Right, And so I get the allure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do get the allure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get the allure, but I'm not really I'm not jealous of it. Like you just said, I can't.
Speaker 1: Picture you doing that. It doesn't sound like a very Donald Faison thing to do. I mean, you never know, so you might.
Speaker 2: I mean if it's a private jet.
Speaker 1: Oh, a private jet doesn't count. I'm talking about a commercial airplane.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, no, no, no, no, no, no no, especially now after what we're going through right now with this whole quarantine thing.
Speaker 1: Before the quarantine, you would definitely bang in a bath.
Speaker 3: Before the quarantine, I think a lot of people would be like, yeah, that's a possibility. But now I think after the quarantine thing, it's like there's a little too much germs.
Speaker 1: I can't picture Casey Cobb being like, there's.
Speaker 3: No way, it's absolutely not. I would be like, babe, let's do it, and she'd look at me like I was stupid. Should come home, buddy, Come own buddy.
Speaker 1: That's funny. All right, So the park's called Miller Park. I couldn't help but think that might be for Krista Miller. Okay, right, yeah, sure, the park's called Miller Park. I mean Bill said he's not great at naming shit.
Speaker 2: So speaking of Krista Miller, she's back.
Speaker 1: She's back, and she looks beautiful and she's funny as shit. And six thirty three is the first time I say banana hammock? Now, what is a banana hammock? Is it the thing that Rob that Rob Aka Todd wears the tiny.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and and and it's called a banana hammock because obviously it's like laying your banana and Hannah hammock.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I guess there are people men that wear these for real strippers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think if you're comfortable, if you don't have problems with your thighs rubbing together, banana hammocks are very comfortable.
Speaker 1: Do you would could you ever consider? Would you ever consider?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Because listen before you answer, if you knew you weren't going to be photographed by a Papa Rozz so, by the way, singular of paparazzi is Papa Rozzo. I don't know. If you knew that, Okay, if you knew that you weren't going to be photographed and it would just be you on the beach and wherever Brazil, would you would you rock one of those?
Speaker 3: If I had no worry about anyone ever seeing me in this, yeah, yeah, then why not go nude?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking about you're still on a beach, people are like around.
Speaker 3: No, then no, I would not rock one. If people are around, then no, I would never rock one.
Speaker 1: I sometimes think it would be fun to wear a speedo like you know. Again, I don't want to wear it and have people look at me and judge, you know, everything going on. But I think I just think sometimes when I see people wearing them, I go, I think that might feel nice have a speedo on be out and about.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't, I don't know, I don't, I don't. I'd prefer to. I have issues with like chafing with my thighs.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that because you don't have a thigh gap.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I got quads and I got some thigh gap.
Speaker 1: I think I might have a thigh gap. Let me see, Yeah, I have a little thigh gap.
Speaker 3: I don't have a thigh gap. Yea my inner thigh touch. Yeah, they clap, they clap.
Speaker 2: That's the worst.
Speaker 3: Oh, you want to talk about feeling feeling running with the chafe after a while and then having the burn in between the.
Speaker 1: Way you can't jog because of your thighs.
Speaker 3: I can jog if I put on something like oppression shorts, but I can't wear like. I can't wear tidy whities, Like I don't wear tidy whities because even just walking is an issue with tidy whities.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't wear tighty whities anymore either, but I used to be quite loyal to them. Yeah, the janitor is for no reason that nine forty punched in the balls by a little girl, and both the little girl and the mom acknowledged the janitor. So Bill, since you hold fast to the idea that the janitor only reacted with JD in season one and may have been a figment of his imagination, why is it that a little girl randomly punches Neil in the balls and he reacts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when the janitor got hitting the balls by that girl, like the nine and a half minute mark. You want me to explain how the jan in there can only interact with j D if this actually happened.
Speaker 2: That's easy.
Speaker 1: Five six, seven, eight, stop turn it off, fucking guy.
Speaker 2: The old school PSA. Yes, great, hilarious, so funny, very funny, and very clever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean really and just well executed. Kudos to Jeff Melman, the director, and deb for writing it. I thought that was just really clever, really well executed. Those those sort of spoofing, those nineteen fifties you know, what do you call them instructional videos?
Speaker 3: Yes, But then afterwards, after the fantasy was over, we did it again where the person who did the voiceover for the fantasy is now in the room with you, right, and.
Speaker 1: He brings up like communism as though he's still back in the fifties.
Speaker 3: Right, and then looks all he's looking off into the distance, I guess, into nowhere, and then you look at him to see what he's looking at, right, and then you exit that direction.
Speaker 1: I think he was trying to be one of those like, you know, picture like a nineteen fifties announcer guy who's like looking off into the distance, and thus we will fight communism and so and then he's sort of frozen like that. And then but it was sort of a JD sort of head look. So then I kind of did a look to him like are you doing my thing? Or what are you looking at? And then I tried to look where he was going.
Speaker 2: But that's pulling out of a fantasy and still being yes, you know another example.
Speaker 1: Of that, that's not something that happened too often.
Speaker 2: No, this is like and the second time it happened.
Speaker 1: Well, we talked about the guy who was frozen after at the orderly, who was frozen after everybody else was frozen. It's not something I think Bill. I think he said that he started phasing that out, but I thought it was clever, very clever.
Speaker 2: Same here. I, Well, I have a couple of things. We shaved the baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, I laughed out loud. I laughed out loud.
Speaker 2: I shaved the baby, shaved in a haircut. Two bits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I laughed out loud. That was JD's j d's improvisation for solving the problem. We shaved the baby. You shaved the baby, yep, shaved the baby, shave and a haircut. Long pause. Two bits. Bill told me early on that one of the things he loved about Michael J. Fox working on Spin City was that Michael J. And everybody, when you think about this, when you hear this, you'll think about family ties and some of the amazing timing he had was that he knew how long he could milk a pause before that punchline. Like Michael J. Fox was fucking genius at you know, I'll just use this as example, how long he could have the audience, especially if the audience got ahead of it, right, he knew that. You still, I mean, it's even better with a sitcom live audience, but he knew that shave and a haircut two bits, you know, like he could he could just milk it even if the audience started on a sitcom started giggling because they were ahead of it. He could just milk that. And Bill said, and I think I think that landed in my head in some of my scrubs timings because I I wanted to impress him like Michael J. Fox. But but I but I I always think of that when you watch some of Michael J. Fox's amazing timing, how how he could just he just was a master of how long to hold it like even let the audience get ahead of it. It's fine, and then say, and it would be so much more gratifying.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, Michael J. Fox is you know, one of our our best when it comes to.
Speaker 1: Just mean Family Ties. Did you watch Family Ties?
Speaker 2: Of course I watched Family Ties. He was amaze. And also Back to the Future, you know, the first.
Speaker 3: I talk about Back to the Future a lot because it's one of my favorite movies, but the first Back to the Future. I know there's some plot holes in it that a lot of people can't get over, but to me, that movie is almost flawless, you know what I mean. As far as time travel stories are so difficult to do, you know what I mean? And or I shouldn't say it difficult to do. I should say they're just doing a time travel story.
Speaker 2: It's been done so many times before, so you have to be pretty creative to make it feel like, oh this is you know, people say another time travel story. But if it's as good as Back to the Future was, you accept it and you're willing to go on the ride. Otherwise it's like some cheese shit, and you you know, theory gets in the way of a lot of stuff. And I it's just one of those movies that you know, you make a it's just it's in my opinion, this one. It's a perfect movie.
Speaker 1: And wasn't it amazing that a movie could turn off that good good? And it was a film that they started over because they recast the lead.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, well yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: You mentioned this, you mentioned this before. But for those of you who didn't hear that or didn't know it was originally Eric Stoltz, I don't know how long they shot. You read the book, do you remember.
Speaker 2: It shot half of the movie. So they shot all of the.
Speaker 1: Stuff that credible. They shot half of the fucking movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, so they shot everything in the fifties. But they talk about they talk about the movie like, you know, Michael J. Fox is very athletic.
Speaker 1: What's the name of this book? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: For people don't remember it? The dude tweeted it.
Speaker 3: But they shot half the movie and they said, you know, Michael J. Fox is very athletic. But they said Eric Stoltz on a skateboard was magic. He just seemed way more at home on.
Speaker 2: A skateboard than it was a skateboarder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, than Michael j Fox did, and you know the rock and roll side of things. They say in the book, you know, Eric Stoltz had that, you know, has that very much grund rock appeal to him, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: J Fox, as you know he is, he is what he is.
Speaker 3: He's you know you when you look at him, you're not like, yo, that dude is just listens to rockall even if he does, you know what I mean, he doesn't have that look to him.
Speaker 2: And they said, Eric did. It just didn't work out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, how humbling can you imagine your I mean, thank god Eric Stults went on to have this incredible career and holy shit, and mask if you haven't got that mask.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: So they talk about that in the book. The reason why he was put in the movie was because he had masks, the mask coming out, you know what I mean, And so they were banking on him getting nominated for an Academy Award for that movie, but then being in this blockbuster action adventure time travel movie.
Speaker 2: The name of the book is Back to the Future.
Speaker 1: I click on The Ultimate Visual History. Yes, Back to the Future, The Ultimate Visual History by Michael Klasterin Yeah, so if you're a fan of the movie, like as much as Donald is, you might want to check that out because it sounds fascinating. I'm always fascinating these production stories where someone's recast or they start over. I mean, I don't know if it's true, so don't hold me to this, but I heard that American Beauty, which is one of my favorite movies, they shot like, not not as much as this, but they shot like a week of and and and the director said, uh, to the producers, I I didn't get the tone quite right. You know, the tone of American Beauty is so specific and and as the as the rumor I heard goes, he said, I I just didn't quite nail it. I need to I need to scrap that week and start over. And and the DreamWorks producers, including Spielberg and the other fellas, let him do it.
Speaker 2: That's interesting because Spielberg's very much involved in Back to the Futures.
Speaker 1: So maybe he's the kind of producer that if you're little, let's say with Sam mende Sorry Sam Mendy's first film, and I love American Beauty, please see that if you haven't. But I I again, it might be Hollywood lore, but I heard that that that they they sort of started over again on that one. So these stories were were some movie is so incredible, it has such an impact. And then there's there's something that hap happened where they RecA.
Speaker 3: What happens all the time some you know, some Star Wars movie. They did that with some of the Star Wars movies, like Rogue one. Apparently there's a whole you know, they shot almost all of Rogue one and went back and reshot a lot of the stuff in it. Really, yeah, same thing with the same thing with Solo.
Speaker 2: Remember, you know, of.
Speaker 1: Course that's changing, that's changing the directors. That's that's even crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's a whole cut. There's a whole movie, according to Lore, Yeah, there's a whole movie that they made that you can actually take all of the special effects and all of the things that they did in the actual Solo movie and you can put it into what they shot and it's a completely different movie. But it's still all fits.
Speaker 1: What do you think happened? They were obviously my guess is they were just doing their hilarious improv comedic thing. And then Kathleen Kennedy that's her name, did she just not like that style. She's saying, that's not Star Wars.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know if it was her.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was I don't know if it was the writer of the movie who's gone on to write some incredible.
Speaker 1: Movies, Jonathan Kasden.
Speaker 2: Jonathan, but his dad wrote Raiders Are the Lost Dark Ye.
Speaker 3: Lawrence Kasten, Yeah, he wrote rais of the Lost Dark The Empire strikes Back, and they both teamed up to write solo.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened. I'd love to know that story.
Speaker 3: We could reach out to them and they want to be on the podcast, and right here they want.
Speaker 1: To I don't think about I don't think even if we were to get christ and Phil on the podcast, I don't think they're gonna out their whole song.
Speaker 2: Let's ask Jonathan Kasen and Lawrence Caston. They'll never do it. I don't think how cool would it be if I could go and cut to and then they said it.
Speaker 1: You know, as the podcast gets bigger and bigger, maybe we'll be able to get like really fancy guests like and now Lawrence Kusten.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always wondered what happened with that, because I don't know why you'd hire Kristen phil If not to do what they do so well, which was to make it funny. And it seems to me not as someone who's just dialed into the Star Wars universe as you. But when I think of Han Solo, I think, oh, let's give him some jokes, Let's have him be quippie and funny, and it seemed like a perfect marriage.
Speaker 3: But it would be a real interesting it'd be very interesting to see that, you know that side. And I love Solo, you know what I mean. There are a lot of people out there that really like that movie, and I'm one of those people. It's a fun Star Wars movie.
Speaker 1: So then Ron Howard came in.
Speaker 2: And you know, he's an amazing director himself, right, you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's one of my favorite Ron Howard movies is Parenthood the movie if you.
Speaker 2: Have great cast.
Speaker 1: Great movie went on to make a very popular TV show starring my doppelganger, Dad Sheppard.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: Something right now, that movie has one of my favorite actors. I am a huge fan of Rick moranis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Moran's been He's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's on his way. I guess he's he's agreed to do another project.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is, but he's honey shrunk the kids. Maybe he's coming back for that.
Speaker 2: That would be so awesome.
Speaker 1: I know they're redoing that with Josh Gadd and I think that he might be joining him. O. Well's nodding so that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Rick Morana's tragically lost his wife at the height of his career, so he quit to raise his.
Speaker 2: Children, and now his children are grown and he's coming back.
Speaker 5: So excited.
Speaker 1: God, he's so talented. I'm so I'm so happy he's coming back. He's a funny, funny man.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get back to the show.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to the show.
Speaker 2: Donald one of my favorite fantasies. Uh, and I still use it to this day. I ain't buying it. Trying to sell somebody the book on the kid getting hit, the baby with prenatal lice. Yeah, and Christa says. Jordan says, I'm buying it at the time.
Speaker 1: That's funny. And you passed something that I want to say still about shaving the baby's head. That was funny. Oh when when Johnny's mad that I didn't correctly tape over the and by the way, for those of you young, that's that's a VHS recorder. So there used to be these giant tapes called VHS tapes. But I was laughing and when Johnny's yelling at me because I fucked up the tape and I go, I was there. I could, you know, jot down some of my feelings and impressions. It's very and I could. I could jot down some of my feelings and impressions, like I was gonna what am I gonna do? Like right down like and then the head emerge. Let's talk about Johnny c McGinley as the Grinch. That was really funny.
Speaker 2: He nailed that, Yes he did. And the words that he's saying are those words from doctor.
Speaker 1: I think they're supposed to be doctor Seussie, but they're not real suits.
Speaker 2: But they're not real words.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But they did a great job on his hair and makeup. I thought he looked really cool and he was. It was funny looking.
Speaker 2: I wonder how long he was in hair and makeup for.
Speaker 1: I could I could tell from from being on the show that was hours and hours and hours.
Speaker 2: He had hair like green hair glued to his face and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sinner man by Nina Simone, which is they really must have rolled out the bucks for it to pay for Nina Simone on this episode, as you run to the Tamiller Park.
Speaker 3: Miller Park, you know, that was what I was talking about when we were talking about the platform shoes, and they made Deontaey do all of the things that you saw me do in that episode in like twelve inch platform shoes.
Speaker 2: However much shorter he is than me, but eight inch whatever.
Speaker 1: Why are you running? Why are you running like a cartoon character? Do you notice that? It's like this really dramatic moment, and then you're taking corners. You know when cartoon people run, they're like skin at the corners and they have to like they have to like catch up tea. You're doing that shit.
Speaker 2: It's all. It all comes from Michael J. Fox Man speaking. We spoke about him earlier. It really is true, man, Mike. Michael J.
Speaker 3: Fox had some of the best running moments in the history of running in teen Wolf when he's running through the halls and the guy's mopping and he's like it's slippery that way, and Mike runs through and then slides all the way through camera right the way through the hallway and then comes running back. But as he's coming back, he's trying to keep his balance on this slippery floor.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that moment you're running, and this was inspiring.
Speaker 2: Everything everything I you know, everything I've done.
Speaker 1: Everything I do, I do it for you, I do it for Michael J.
Speaker 5: Fox.
Speaker 3: Well, no, but every there's a you know, whether it's a run or a walk, or you know, a facial expression. A lot of these come from my favorite actors, So like Harrison Ford, Denzel Washington, Sidney Potier, Michael J. Fox, Rick Moranis, Robin Williams, Bill Murray. You know, all of these people did something that I saw and I was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna try and.
Speaker 1: Wrote I wrote down in nineteen eighteen. Turk runs like a cartoon character, right.
Speaker 2: That all came from me trying to run like Michael J. Fox. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Turk gets a sign. He's on the roof again, right on the roof again. Yeah, And you're just up there having a moment and you have a come to Jesus moment if you will, that there's a pregnant woman about to give birth in the park, and you run and you run like a cartoon character to Nina Simone's Cinnerman beautiful song, and then you run to the park and you deliver a baby. Now, Churk probably hasn't delivered that many babies.
Speaker 2: Oh he's a surgeon, I imagine.
Speaker 1: But he's not. Yeah, he's probably done a fair amount.
Speaker 2: I imagine that he's he's not a ghino.
Speaker 1: But I know I want to go to some of Joel. The speaking of guinos, we're jumping around, but in the very beginning of the episode, Kelso is is being sexist and saying to Sarah that she's going to become a guy of collegers obgyn and then Joel found this thing. According to an article by the American Medical Association the Breakdown of Specialties dominated by women in twenty nineteen, eighty three point four percent of obgyns are women. Wow, and seventy two percent of pediatricians are women. Am I reading that right, Joel? What I thought was writ well, I mean I was offended by Kelso. I was like, fuck this guy, and then Joel handed me and uh, you know, I guess, but I understand that, like I I was your was your have your O B G Y n has been been female or male?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: First one was a guy.
Speaker 1: I was asking Donald, Joel, but please god, Joel.
Speaker 2: This questions like for his wife.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm laughing so hard. Joel got so lost in the episode. She started answering, you're totally wait, Joel. Sorry, I want I want you to answer. Don't get me wrong, but but you go first, then and then we'll call on Donald. Donald has had eleven thousand children, so I wanted to know what go for you, Joel.
Speaker 5: Have your O B G Y n's been uh mostly mostly three women, one guy?
Speaker 1: How about you? Donald? Casey's is a male m HM and you and and your other other baby mamas? Do you remember you don't remember? It's okay not to remember.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I feel like if I was giving birth and I had a vagina, i'd want a woman. But maybe maybe that's ridiculous to say. I just what's my gut respect?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, here's a here's here's a good survey. We should we should do, and we won't and we won't use uh that as an example. Let's use massaging as an example. Okay, yeah, yeah, because that's pretty intimate and it's harmless.
Speaker 1: And what do you get a man or a woman?
Speaker 2: Exactly? What do you get a man?
Speaker 1: I always get a woman.
Speaker 2: Same here, Joelle, strongest hands, who has the strongest hands?
Speaker 1: So that's what you say.
Speaker 2: You say, you say who's got the best hands.
Speaker 1: So when they say manner of female, male or female, you say strongest hands.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Oh the end.
Speaker 1: I thought it was funny that Sarah was you're holding Judy like in front of you, but Sarah's holding me in front of her, right in front of the Christmas tree.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I also there was one other part that we should talk about, and that's uh, when Cox and Jordan are fighting each other about the haircut, shaving and everything like that, and then you jump in the middle and then they automatically turn on j D. And that's a lesson that I've learned at a that I learned at a young age. I guess JD was never you know, I didn't have friends that had brothers or sisters or.
Speaker 2: Anything like that. But never get involved when a couple is fighting. You stay out of it unless they invite you into the argument. Stay away because that thing will turn on you so quick.
Speaker 1: It's hard sometimes because you want to weigh in but you can't.
Speaker 2: But you can't.
Speaker 3: You got to keep it to yourself. You got to keep it to yourself. I had friends growing up, the Rogers brothers, there was four of them, right, and they would you know, when they fought, they would fight viciously, punching and grabbing and choking, and you know, they would beat each other up and you'd be like, you guys, are brothers, stop it, and you'd get in the middle of it, and then their anger all of a sudden went from them wanting to kick each other's ass to now them kicking your ass. And two on one ain't fun, dude, or three on one, four on one ain't fun, man, and it would.
Speaker 2: Be it would be I would So when JD did that to Jordan and Cox, I was like, that's the dumb that's that's a rookie mistake. That's the dumbest move ever. Never get involved in couples arguing.
Speaker 1: Right right, Well, I I definitely try and stay out, But in your head you're thinking, like you're you're judging, and you're saying, like, but aren't you also happy when you're out in public and you see a couple fighting and you're like, yes, it's not me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely absolutely. That's the one thing that my wife and I try not to do. It's always like to wait, wait till we get home, wait till week.
Speaker 1: Oh really you do the wait we get home.
Speaker 2: I don't do that. That's what she does to me.
Speaker 1: Really, we can talk when we get home, right, and I know, right.
Speaker 2: There and there, I'm not going to I'm not going to sleep tonight worse.
Speaker 1: And then you have to drive home and just like in silence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you walk in and it's on. And my wife's the type of person that's like, I don't like going to ben mad.
Speaker 1: Well, at least she has it out, you know. I think that's way better to have it out, even if it's like impassioned, rather than just sitting on it.
Speaker 2: I hate that.
Speaker 1: And I don't think you should go to sleep mad either. I think that's a good a good habit to have.
Speaker 2: Try.
Speaker 3: And dude, I've been I've been damn near sleeping where I'm just in uh, where I'm passed out, my eyes are closed, and I'm just agreeing now right, just so.
Speaker 1: I could go to sleep the path of least resistance.
Speaker 2: And she'll be like, so, what did I say, and I'll be like, oh gosh, there you go, say you are listen. I was listening.
Speaker 1: Don't go to been angry everybody. That's a lesson here from fake Doctor's real friends.
Speaker 2: Oh one last thing I forgotten. Let's ask Bill about this.
Speaker 1: Also, go ahead, before you're gonna get two, you're gonna get Bill too this week.
Speaker 3: Okay, go Aheadah, okay, So there was an alternate ending to this episode, right, but that's it's so dark, so dark.
Speaker 2: It was so dark to end the Christmas episode.
Speaker 1: I wasn't even bring it up because we were being so giddy and it's a bit it's a bit dark, but okay, go for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a dark ending to this episode, and I'm sure.
Speaker 1: That I don't think it was it was it an ending, or it was a subplot that was woven through.
Speaker 3: I think it was a subplot. It might have been let's ask Bill Bill. I know at the end of this episode, there was a moment between Jordan and Uh. We almost forgot about the call. There was a moment with Jordan and Uh and Uh and Cox where they said something different when they were looking at the baby. When they finally went to visit the baby.
Speaker 1: And there was no there was a subplot. Do you want me to tell you what it is and then have Bill talk about it. Sure, there was a subplot that they when they were together, had lost a child, and so that was some of the dramatic undertones of of them and dealing with their friends having a new baby.
Speaker 2: And I that's why they didn't want to go to the room, right.
Speaker 1: And I believe or the or the nursery where you see kids, and I believe that Bill had an argument with the network about cutting that out. So Bill tell us about that and what your struggle with the network was, please, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it's interesting.
Speaker 6: I don't remember specifically the struggle with the Jordan Cox losing a baby thing. But the one thing that we were always dealing with early on in Scrubbs was that we would pitch the network stories that weren't specifically comedies, you know, and it didn't sound like, Hey, three patients come in and one of the three of them is gonna die, but they all three die. Hey, doctor Cox used to be married to someone, they lost a baby. Hey we're gonna introduce a super big movie star guest star who seems really funny in jovial, but he's gonna have leukemia and then come back next year and die from it. So we always met resistance.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bill.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words. Now, Joelle, I believe we have a caller or two.
Speaker 4: Hi, guys, how are you doing? Brian good?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: Brian?
Speaker 1: O'mallly, Oh my god, Brian, you got to record that somehow.
Speaker 4: I am recording it actually, And you.
Speaker 1: Know what, Brian, that can be your your new ringtone. Donald giving you an.
Speaker 2: Oprah no.
Speaker 4: And what that is definitely gonnapp speaking of.
Speaker 1: Ringtones, I digress for a moment. The good people at iHeart are putting together the ability for for folks to have our theme song be your ringtone. We're working on it and that's in the works because I've been getting a lot of love on the social media for our theme song, especially Wilder's version, and Wilder's version.
Speaker 2: Will not be that's not going to be available.
Speaker 1: Wilder's version will not be available for ringtone, although I did hear a lot of people say that should be the new version forget your version, but those people are wrong, but pretty much right.
Speaker 2: What you drinking man?
Speaker 1: What are you drinking? Brian? Uh, this is beer? Okay?
Speaker 2: What kind of beer you got there?
Speaker 4: It's like a hazy I p a juicy eight percent. I like stuff that's strong.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I got myself a little margarita. Awesome?
Speaker 4: Is that just like lime juice? Tequila?
Speaker 2: I don't know what they use. It's Casa Vega in my neighborhood that they.
Speaker 1: You're still drinking out of your your gallons there?
Speaker 2: We have so many.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome. Hi, guys, where do you live in? What's happening in? Brian introduced your your girlfriend wife? Friend?
Speaker 4: This is my partner. This is doctor Ellen, a grey doc, Hi doc, and uh, we live in Evanston. Illin.
Speaker 5: Oh, I went to Northwestern right, Yeah, so we we we both worked here actually too. She works at a hospital here and I own a small business on Central Street, you know, right down from the stadium.
Speaker 4: And so yeah, we just we do that and Ellen is uh eight and yeah, almost nine months pregnant and finish.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. Do you guys know what you're having?
Speaker 4: A boy?
Speaker 2: Nice person, but yeah, a person.
Speaker 1: Congratulations guys. That's cool.
Speaker 2: Way to go, guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we're you know, it's definitely, uh, anxiety causing you know, I we neither of us have had kids before.
Speaker 4: I used to be a teacher.
Speaker 5: But it's not quite the same when you know you can send them home at like three o'clock and just be front of them. So now it's like they're here for good.
Speaker 2: Okay, But Brian, I'm gonna give you a little.
Speaker 1: Bit of you're talking to the right man, Brian Donald kids.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what I heard, right, Yeah, something like that. He doesn't even remember something like that.
Speaker 2: Right, that's a great that's a great story. How many kids you got?
Speaker 1: Something like nine thing sixth that I know about.
Speaker 2: So the first year, Brian, there's not much you can do, that's the honest to goodness truth, except be supportive. Change diapers. But there's not much you can do cause the baby.
Speaker 1: You can can't you say, honey, can I get you anything?
Speaker 3: Absolutely better say that you have to, right, Yeah, that's being supportive. So there's not much you can do the first year. It's after that where you are you are hands on and in it to win it or she's gonna leave you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, Brian, write that down.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, she is basically keeping us comfortable so I'm not gonna play with that at all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I'm so. I'm so happy for you. That's exciting and thank you.
Speaker 2: And what do you do?
Speaker 1: You have any names in mind, like Zach or Donald.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wanted Jennifer Dylan or something like that.
Speaker 1: That will work.
Speaker 4: It's a boy.
Speaker 1: So we went with we're gonna even Gabriel and calm.
Speaker 2: Gabe, beautiful, I love it, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Beautiful name Gabe.
Speaker 4: Finn O'Malley.
Speaker 1: Oh, Finn's a good name.
Speaker 2: Too, now, Finn from Star Wars or just Finn.
Speaker 1: Because everything is Star Wars. Donald sometimes it can be.
Speaker 5: I couldn't, honestly, I was thinking more Huck Finn from Mark Twain to be okay.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, there's that Fin to way more literary Donald. Come on, there's that all right, Brian, go ahead with your question for the legendary Donald.
Speaker 4: And it's for both of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, answer, It definitely relates to what we were talking about. But I was curious of which character between you and Donald and maybe doctor Cox, do you think was like the best dad overall? And then kind of a follow up, but like, what do you think their kids would be like now? Like fifteen twenty years later.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, good question. Well, I do think both characters were very excited about their children. And I think we saw from a flash forward as I recall that don't they end up getting married?
Speaker 2: They do and we lose it.
Speaker 4: Oh that was, like, I think it's the saddest episode.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I faintd as I recall I did this, I wiped my I fanned my eyes and fainted. Yeah, that's a gift I see all the time. I don't know. I think we'd be great parents, because you know, we're both characters were again not afraid of showing emotion, not afraid of being affectionate. My father was very a very affectionate man and gave me hugs and kissed me and and and I always thought that that was and I love that he did that. And I think that both Turk and j D would be very involved. They're the kind of fathers that would want to be all over it. Not one of those people's like, all right, you to the woman, you handle it. I'll i'll coach sports one day. That was that was not my experience.
Speaker 2: What I think. And j D co parented too, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I think they helped each other out as far as raising their kids went. You know, they say it takes a village to raise a child, and I think their little village. I think the hospital or you know, wherever they wound up when the show ended. I believe they still lived in the same proximity of each other. I think there it was a communal raising of the children, even even Uh, I think yeah, I think j D Uh and Uh.
Speaker 2: What was what was Elizabeth Banks character's name, Kim? Was it Kim?
Speaker 1: Kim?
Speaker 2: You didn't know, Zach.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for Brian. I was waiting for Brian. I was I was like, I was like this, I was like about to say it. I was like pretending that my mouth was opening, and then Brian said, Kim.
Speaker 4: Donald, I was waiting for Zach.
Speaker 1: Sorry, So my baby mama, my baby mama.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So I think both kids, the one that he that JD had with Kim and the one that he had with Elliott Uh, and then Turk's kids as well.
Speaker 2: I think they they were raised together and they grew up together.
Speaker 5: I think in one of the episode, you try to like, I think they got you were trying to set them up right.
Speaker 4: Like it was one of the series finales.
Speaker 2: Maybe that we were trying to set the kids up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, weren't they like they met or something and they remember.
Speaker 1: I remember I remember doing an episode in the park.
Speaker 3: Where Gloquist dolls like, dum, of course, do you have another question?
Speaker 4: I mean one of my other questions was just, you know, advice for being a dad. But you you kind of already covered that.
Speaker 3: You got this, dude, you got. I mean, it's listen, my advice, and I'm gonna be honest with you. My advice ain't shit. I'm gonna keep it one hundred with you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's it's how you two decide to do the thing, you know what I mean. My advice I can all I can say is just just show as much love as you can to your boy.
Speaker 2: That's so important.
Speaker 4: I like what Zach was saying too.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean and Ellen were joking, but I was like, I think, like the fact that JD was a sensy, you know, like being sensitive is like an important thing to impart in kids early, especially boys I think nowadays, And so I think that's one of our you know, our big focuses for him.
Speaker 1: And and just let them be whoever they are.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: A testament to my father was he wasn't. He was so into sports, my dad, but he wasn't trying to make me a job.
Speaker 2: He wasn't.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, he was also into theater, which which is what I took to. But but I mean, just like my advice. And again, I have no kids, so don't listen to me. I have dogs, and I can highly recommend great training.
Speaker 2: Uh try that, but with the kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I always say to Donald when I when I say to when I'm with Donald and his kids are misbehaving, I'm like, why don't you just put him in the crate?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: That works great for my puppy.
Speaker 3: My daughter looked at me and she was like, you're gonna put me in the Crate's right now?
Speaker 2: She's like, but I'm not a dog, But I mean, just let them.
Speaker 1: One of the things I one of the things I really cherished about my relationship with my father was that he was so accepting of whoever his kids were. And I you know, you're obviously it's nature nurture. You're going to be shaping a part of who they are, of course too, but but let them show you who they are. And then and then and then celebrate that and let that flourish. Again. That's coming from someone with no children, but it is coming from someone who who had a great dad and and and and was really appreciative that he was.
Speaker 4: Like that, Well, can I ask one more things sort of related? But did you guys you know I didn't like look up biographies. Do you guys have siblings?
Speaker 2: Yes? I have several siblings.
Speaker 3: I have four brothers, two that I grew up with and two that I I did not grow up with. But we were a big family. I think that's why I have such a big family. Now I feel like it's the more, the.
Speaker 2: Merrier I have.
Speaker 1: I have two, I have three. Sorry, let me start again. I had four children total in my family, and I'm sorry, I'm struggling with this. Just to be honest, I lost my sister two years ago, so I'm like literally trying. It's okay, but I'm trying to answer this question honestly, and it's like I'm having to recount. There were four children in my family, and then my parents got divorced and remarried and I gained three stepsisters, so two stepsisters on one side, one step sister on the other side, so we were a huge family and and yeah, so I also think I should have more So sorry, sorry guys, but you're gonna have to have more kids so they can.
Speaker 5: Well that's what I was thinking, because we only have the one, and that's probably gonna be it, so, you know, the whole only child, especially nowadays when I don't even know when he'll be able to hang out with other kids, you know, or if he'll be able to go to preschool or stuff like that daycare.
Speaker 1: Right, I think you got it some years before. You be worried about that, so you'll believe.
Speaker 3: Vaccines or will be infended and we can all go back to a new normal, right sometime within a year or two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be awesome. Is the keg still open in Evanston? The bar? No, that's where we used to go and try and sneak in with our fake id's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're like, that's probably why they close type place. The name of your place, it's called Beer on Central. It's not very inventive because.
Speaker 1: I want us to do an ad for right now, We're gonna do an ad for it. Donald, But I'm in Evanston, Illinois, and I want a beer. You know where I go?
Speaker 2: Where do you go, Zach?
Speaker 1: I go to Beer on Central?
Speaker 2: Beer on Central?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh it's a place and it's in Evanston. And if you're gonna buy beer, it's the best place to buy beer. It's called beer on Central.
Speaker 2: Is it on Central?
Speaker 1: It's on Central. It's called beer on Central.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: And you know a lot of Northwestern students are always looking for a place to buy beer. Yeah. Do you tell Keggs Brian?
Speaker 4: We don't, but I mean after this, I can.
Speaker 1: Yes, Brian is gonna change his whole business model to offer kegs to all you.
Speaker 4: Can advertisement, I'll do that.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is worth millions of dollars in free advertising.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, this is insane.
Speaker 1: So Donald Central Beer on Central.
Speaker 3: The next time I'm in Evanston, Illinois, I am going to check out Beer on Central.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know what, Donald, You know what, Donald, I might even just go to Evanston to buy beer from Beer on Central.
Speaker 2: You know what, if you do, just tell him, Brian O'Malley Senia.
Speaker 1: I will Brian, what's a beer that you are the.
Speaker 2: Only one there?
Speaker 4: So like Brian now doing everything.
Speaker 1: Brian for those of people who are listening, who like who like beer? Can you recommend one of your micro brewer or fancy beers that people should try that you highly recommend.
Speaker 4: You know, right now?
Speaker 5: Like what's really popular is, like I was drinking earlier, these like hazy I pas there tend to be like kind of strong, very juicy, not bitter, very popular. This one's from Saint Eron. They're great, hot butcher. There's a bunch of really cool ones in the city.
Speaker 1: So so Saint amazing. So Saint Aaron is the brand this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm having now is a Saint Aaron.
Speaker 1: Can I get that anywhere? Can I get that in Los Angeles? No?
Speaker 4: Like right now, we only do local stuff, oh much, only doing.
Speaker 1: That's even cool. One of the other things I like about beer on Central Donald it's all it's all local beer.
Speaker 2: Oh you're talking about beer on Central. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the things that one of my favorite things about beer on Central in Evanston, Illinois is that it's all all stocked with local breweries.
Speaker 2: That sounds delicious.
Speaker 1: I like, I p a a lot by the way, and this is gonna sound really lame in Hollywood, but I'm gluten free and there are some really good gluten free ip A beers. Yeah, we have some too. There's one called Omission. I'll give a shout out too. And there's one I think called Gutenberger, not Steve Gutenberg. Glutenberg Glutenberg, yeah, Gluten in the title. So there you go. I'm giving those beers a shout out, and they should advertise with us because we're getting such a wonderful advertisement to beer.
Speaker 4: You guys, out of box, you know, give me an address.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving you my address, give me a box.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: We don't want to take your your wares. We don't want to take your weares. We want you to you need to make that money for this baby.
Speaker 2: That's right. So that being said, if you're ever in Evanston, Illinois, the place to go for a great local beer, Beer on Central.
Speaker 1: Beer on Central, everybody Beer on Central, and uh listen, guys, thanks for coming on, thanks for the good questions, thanks for telling us about beer on Central, and how fun in Emman's Illinois I spent I spent four years there and had a great time. Although it's too fucking cold for human beings.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, big round of applause for Brian o'milly and beer on Central.
Speaker 1: Wow, you give you get beer on Central? The Oprah treatment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not? What's your partner again?
Speaker 4: Ellen agreed?
Speaker 2: Doctor and doctor Ellen agreed.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You're blowing out the mixer here, Donald, I'm not Oprah Oprah Oprah Oprah doesn't go that loud. Sure she well, she has the mixer at the Oprah shows like here she goes, and he's fucking ready. She's about to do it.
Speaker 2: And over the button.
Speaker 1: You can just see the mixer in the back of the Oprah show going, oh ship, she's gonna yell. And I hope Dan does that when you're when you're saying a load of guests, all right, bye, guys, thank.
Speaker 2: You so much here, thank you so much. Healthy congratulations, thanks.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Donald? What what? Nice folks? Donald? And and I gotta tell you, I'm gonna I'm gonna. I'm gonna I'm gonna frequent beer on Central.
Speaker 2: Next time you're in Evanston, Illinois.
Speaker 1: Do you drink beer? You don't only drink beer anymore, do you.
Speaker 2: I'm a huge drinker. I just you know, it's fine. I find yeah, I find that it's a little heavy for me. That's the only thing.
Speaker 1: It just feels like ship when you're working out and trying to stay thin and then you go have a fucking big ass thick beer and you're like, I might as well have a milkshake.
Speaker 2: Right, I like hard liquor. Yeah, I know, I like, Oh, I know, you're an asshole. Well no, I I you know.
Speaker 3: I it was single de Mayo yesterday, so and the last time I had to kill it was the last thing that I had in the in the in the cupboard. But but I truly like, I like a good bourbon or Scotch.
Speaker 1: What about Corvassier? No, what is what is Corvassier?
Speaker 2: I don't it's a it's a drink. It's a it's a it's a brown liquor.
Speaker 1: You know, for a while I was at Corvossier. She's looking.
Speaker 2: I was a Hennessy drinker for a while, you know, or ian J. I liked ian J back in the day.
Speaker 1: I don't know what any of these drinks are.
Speaker 2: You don't know what Hennessy is.
Speaker 1: I've heard of Hennessy, but I don't think I've ever tried.
Speaker 3: I don't know what You've had an incredible hulk before and you don't know what hennessy is. Do you remember the incredible Hulk?
Speaker 1: Oh, we used to play poker and you would make a Oh it's konyak, she says. We used to play poker and you would make a drink called the Hulk. Was that a real drink or you made it up?
Speaker 2: I didn't make that up.
Speaker 3: But when you mixed Tennessee and not alas a but hypnotic, hennessy and hypnotic mixed together sounds horrible. Oh, but it would turn Hulk green and you'd only need one. It was so sweet, right, But you'd only need one to knock you on your ass. And we would play poker and the crew would come over, you know, Calvin would come over, Ethan would come over. You would come over, and we'd drink that all night and freaking be hammered until like four o'clock, five o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, playing poker. Have you ever had a cement mixer?
Speaker 2: What the heck is that?
Speaker 1: It's fucking nasty. It's two different things. You guys can google it if you want to puke. I remember doing this on my twenty first birthday and I puked. But it's two different alcohols you put in your mouth and they solidify when they react with each other, and it feels like a cementy oatmeal thing.
Speaker 2: That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's so gross. Is it's the kind of thing that college kids do shots of, like Jaegermeister, do you ever do shots at Yegermeister. Yeah, I'm proud to say that at forty five years old, I can't drink like that anymore, nor do I want to hangover is like four days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I've learned a little thing.
Speaker 1: You remember we did that thing in Scrubs. Yeah, pd, like we did that thing in Scrubs that it's become so relevant in my life. I don't know what episode it was, but we went around the table of all the different ages. Who is the was Mandy the many many more? And then Sarah and then Judy and then Krista and they were all hungover, and the camera went around and showed all the different levels of how a hangover affects different ages.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, And then by.
Speaker 1: The time it got to Christa, she had sunglasses on and was asleep.
Speaker 2: And just blacked out. Yeah, with a smile on her face.
Speaker 1: I think of that fantasy over not fantasy. I think of that moment all the time, because man, a hangover at forty five is not a hangover at twenty five.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: Listen, I miss you, do you? It's always so nice to touch base with you.
Speaker 2: Do you really miss me?
Speaker 6: What you do?
Speaker 2: Man? I?
Speaker 1: I I. If the world were open, I'd have you over. We'd sit by the pool, we'd have we'd have a Margarita.
Speaker 2: I would I bring my picture of Margarita to do you.
Speaker 1: Bring your picture over. I'm supposed to write today, but I would. I would scrap writing and just join you by the pool for Margarita's. That's what would happen today.
Speaker 2: You're working right now, huh I am.
Speaker 1: I'm writing. Look you want to see, I'll show you. Look at this. This is just showing the shitting fucking around. This is the first draft.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're for real about it. He just pulled out a two finger.
Speaker 1: That's about an inch of Yeah, it's way too long right now. A typical screen a typical screenplay for those of you not in the know, is roughly one hundred and twenty pages, because they say roughly a script works out to a page a minute, and you don't want your movie typically to exceed one hundred and twenty minutes, and this first draft is one hundred and forty four pages, so there'll be lots of cutting to occur. But it's happening. Donald. The wheels are turning good for you. Yeah, for you. Aren't you gonna ask what you usually ask when I write a screenplay.
Speaker 2: And any black people in it?
Speaker 1: There are black people in it, and there might even be a part for you.
Speaker 2: A good part, or you're just gonna throw me a little bone.
Speaker 1: You'll probably have to audition. When I gave Donald my first draft of Gardens Date, he said, are.
Speaker 2: You said to me, I really want you to read my script. I really want you to.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was my first screenplay. He was my new best friend, and I said, I'd really like you to read this. And he said, are there any black people in it? And I said, there's there's one or two. One you're not right for because he's uh, he's an African man that's been adopted by Natalie Portman's family, and the other is is being.
Speaker 2: Played At the time, you had given the part to most Death, is what you said to me?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't, Yeah you did. Really that method it was method It was always method man.
Speaker 3: It was okay, so then it was method man at the time you said, you said yeah, and then the other part I gave to method Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I knew right then and there that I would never read that script.
Speaker 1: And so Donald Donald in protest because I had given the role to method Man, never read the script.
Speaker 3: It's a great movie, though, Thank you, thanks very very very well received.
Speaker 1: Also, thank you, and and you're in you know, I could thank you. Oh Dan's giving thumbs up and Donald, I didn't make the same mistake twice, and I made sure to put you in Wish I Was Here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was very happy to be in that movie as well. Great movie. Mandy Patamkin, Holy cow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And you were very funny in that movie.
Speaker 3: You only had Mandy Patimkin. Let's let's get Mandy pa Timpkin, Josh Gadd Holy cow. Yeah, Kate Hudson, Holy cow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There's some great performance performance funny and in the movie. Let's give a shout out to the film Wish I Was Here, which you can you can see. I think it's on Netflix, you know how I know it's on Netflix, at least in the United States. Is Joey King, who plays my daughter, has become so fairy king, holy cow, Joey King steals the movie and has become so famous that Netflix has redone the poster, so it's just Joey King's face. Even if you don't watch the movie, do me a favor and go to your Netflix and look up Wish I was here, and you will see it's a picture of Joey King's head because she has become such a big star, and particularly on Netflix with with with Kissing Booth, which was like one of their most watched movies ever. And I just thought it was funny that Netflix was like, no, we don't need Kate Hudson, Zach Braff, Josh Godden, many Potanka on the poster. Just a shot of Joey's head, but much deserved.
Speaker 2: She's a superstar, that she has a superstar.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to Fake Doctor's Real Friends. I'm your co host, Zach Braff, along with my friend Donald Faison, here to make you laugh, Here to make a smile with a touch of nostalgia.
Speaker 3: About sure we made about a bunch of talks and nurses and.
Speaker 1: The janitor who learned I said he's a story next all should know so Gau