Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. The Ravens took down the Houston Texans thirty four to ten in the Divisional round of the playoffs at M and T Bank Stadium. The Ravens will now host the AFC Championship at the Bank, which will be the first time in franchise history that the Ravens have ever hosted an AFC Championship. This team is now one win away from the Super Bowl. There's all sorts of excitement in Baltimore, and after the win today, the Ravens talked about this victory what it means to this team. So let's kick things off by hearing from head coach John Harball.
Speaker 2: All right, appreciate everybody being here. I just want to start off with this. This is something that was sent to me before the game and it just is meaningful to me. So I'm going to share it with you because I think it's the right thing to do, and it's a verse. Greatness, Power, glory, victory, and honor belong to you because everything in heaven and on earth belongs to you. The kingdom belongs to you.
Speaker 3: Lord.
Speaker 2: You are the head and the ruler over everything. So there's an amazing spirit on this team and just want to kind of give honor and glory word's due with that. The first ever AFC Championship game we've played in Baltimore since nineteen seventy when John Sandusky, Jerry Sandusky's dad was the offensive line coach here. So we're excited about that, and our fans are gonna get a chance to cheer just as louder louder than they did in this game. And they were amazing. Six fall start penalties. I thought our fans were incredible. Man, it was deafening out there. So credit to our fans first of all. Coaches and players I thought did a great job. Second half adjustments were really strong and Lamar just played out of his mind along with our defense. Everybody did so. Proud of our guys. It's the first step. The next step is in front of us. We'll find out who we play after tomorrow and we're looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: In the halftime, what was the locker room like?
Speaker 5: What was in the locker room that half time?
Speaker 2: To get just the team reasons out, Yeah, the locker room was good. I think everybody's just kind of a little little leedgie, you know. We all we all at Legie. I mean I talked to him last night, like, I don't even know how we feel. None of us know how we feel. We feel we're excited for the opportunity, but we're Reggie and we're mad. You know, we got a lot to prove. And I felt that was kind of the feeling in the locker room at the game, and everybody just kind of just took a deep breath and said, all right, you know, it's zero to zero. Gave up a big pump return, and it's our game to go win. We gotta go take it.
Speaker 4: And I know that a lot of guys have turned over to this twenty nineteen, but over the last two weeks, how powerfully you did that memory kind of linger for you or lamar or motivate anybody that contribute to the edginess.
Speaker 2: Was going to Yeah, I mean, I don't know. It's a good question. I just think for those who were here, I mean, it's not something you forget, but it wasn't really in the forefront of our minds. It's just a different team, it's a different opponent, but it's not something you want to experience again when you've been through it once.
Speaker 3: Before, so.
Speaker 2: It's probably part of it.
Speaker 6: What did you think of the defense dominant day again, only giving up three points.
Speaker 2: The defense was was just as good as it could be. And that's a good offense over there. That's a good quarterback c J. Strouders. There's a lot of credit. They're very well coached. Their offensive line is really good and tough. It's tough to get to the quarterback and he gets out and he starts running around and starts making plays downfield. But I thought our guys chased him, and I thought our plaster downfield, our coverage was just outstanding. We covered as long as we needed to so many times. He still made some really good throws in there, so got a heck of a running back. I thought our defense was just as good as it could be.
Speaker 7: Half adjustments, What did you think you needed to change.
Speaker 3: Coming out of the Lark room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked a little bit about just pass rush lanes. We talked a little bit about what defenses were going to be and then offensive. We talked a little bit about completions, a little bit about a profit game. You know, let's get the thing going, not trying to push the ball downfield quite as much I think that also helped open up the run game a little bit. So Lamar did a great job. A lot of that was his thinking as well, and he was all over what he thought we needed to do in the second half. Collaborative effort. For sure. Todd deserves a lot of credit. I thought he called a great game seen the second half, and Mike, Mike was you know, he was on fire.
Speaker 7: Get a sense from that this was gonna be the type of game that you were going to get on a little more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really did. We talked about I thought I thought Lamar was gonna play great, but he's played great all year, you know, and and just now it's it's more important than ever. He's been locked in from day one. That's his term and uh, and we've all kind of ran with that, and I think he's, uh, he's he's he's directed this whole thing. But like he said, we got we got more work to do.
Speaker 3: John, Were you surprised how much they've blitzed you.
Speaker 2: Guys, No, not at all, because they had a little bit of success to do it the first game. They've they've they've picked our spots. They've been a good blitz team. We kind of expected it. We prepared for it. We worked on blitz stuff two weeks. Lamar did a great job the offensive line. Everybody did a great job. I mean, we had our moments and we had we had to make a few adjustments in terms of how we were picking them up. They changed up a couple of things for this game too, and we had to flip our protections a little bit.
Speaker 5: So what were your adjustments in the second Jim Doo good places.
Speaker 2: Uh No, I think we just did a bad job of kind of getting the ball out on time. I think I called a different game. It wasn't so much hold the ball and try to push the ball down field, which Almar did a good job. But once once to Mar was able to sit back there just kind of just kind of pick them apart getting the ball out quick. He just did a great job with that and not to control of the game.
Speaker 7: So that video just appeared of you doing another dance after how many more you got?
Speaker 2: No, that wasn't me, It wasn't me, It was all everybody. I mean, George GOTTSI started it off because he wanted uh as a night train by the Gap Band, I don't know which song it was. The train song by the Gap Band. I should know that song, it's my era. But George Gota started then we all we all got in there and dance. So I always want you to know it wasn't just me, just we saw we.
Speaker 3: Saw Gus Edwards leave and is okay?
Speaker 8: And what do you think of Dalvin Cook?
Speaker 2: I thought Dalvin Cooke did Gus is okay? I thought Dalvin was really it was a spark, you know. He did a nice job to finish the thing off at the end when we needed to run the clock house. Justice had a great game. Justice so many runs all throughout the game and at the end couple of hard runs.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I told Justice, I said, man, you're really really talented, but your heart's even bigger.
Speaker 4: John, you kind of touched on it in your opening, But how meaningful is it for you and this group to be the first in franchise history?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 3: Is the NFC Championship?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: It's meaningful, you know, And now we got to get to work and go win it.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: That's really that That's the Uh, that's the challenge.
Speaker 4: Is it just to kind of feel like that initial win just freezey guys up a little bit.
Speaker 12: Talk about that.
Speaker 4: Back to the edginess, is that kind of give an Alpatross off you a little bit.
Speaker 2: They're gonna our guys are gonna stay edgy. Our guys are gonna stay edgy. I don't know whatever you wanna call it, but they're they're deterrement and they're motivated, and it's gonna be a great team coming in here next week. We're gonna have to play our best football, and I promise you that's all these guys are gonna be thinking about.
Speaker 8: John. What happened on the puffer turn touchdown in the texts that broke down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we uh we uh it wasn't you know, Jordan' probably tell you wasn't the greatest pon he's ever had, and it was into the win. It was really a tough punt to drop, was tough, got in his hands fast. We were we were skewed to the left more because it was we thought it maybe we'd go left a little more and thought they blocked it really well, and he's a great returner. I'm proud of the fact the rest of the game that we got it, got it under wraps. But I give him a lot of credit. That's a very good special teams unit. It was a return by them.
Speaker 4: What do you think your guys designed runs for Lamar?
Speaker 12: The boots the.
Speaker 4: Draws were so effective knowing that there's always gonna be eyes on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you gotta put eyes on the other guys too, because their offensive line blocks and the downhill runs were effective, and you've got to put a lot of resources and stopping those runs. So I guess you give the offensive line and running backs credit for forcing all that attention inside. And Lamar is so good getting the ball back outside.
Speaker 13: That was head coach John Harbaugh.
Speaker 1: Next up his quarterback Lamar Jackson, who threw for two touchdowns, ran for two touchdowns and really led this Ravens team with a passionate speech at halftime to get this offense fired up and clicking on all cylinders.
Speaker 4: John, guys were edgy and angry in the locker.
Speaker 2: Room, half serious that.
Speaker 12: You were.
Speaker 3: I was instead opening drive in the second half.
Speaker 5: Did that allow you to excel a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of what we were reposed by us there?
Speaker 5: I mean, we we had no the choice offense as a unit, you know, just not put a point where we scored once first half. Joe the ball couple times first half, but we didn't really have success in our Our defense was playing lights out, but we not responding, you know, so we just had to dial in uh halftime U like coach said, you know, get the ball a lot quick and let the defense play us honest, and that's what he did.
Speaker 7: W Mar you k you said when we when we talked to you on Tuesday, you said you felt like you were more prepared for this than you ever had been before us.
Speaker 3: Did you feel like that.
Speaker 7: Showed up in the adjustments you guys were able to make in.
Speaker 8: The second half.
Speaker 5: I believe so.
Speaker 3: Market I'm a clerk feeling what was said it happened.
Speaker 5: It'd be inappropriate if I said it right here, it would, you know. But yeah, we wasn't. We wasn't really doing anything, you know, to to that defense. They was playing great and that that offense was playing great as well, but we wasn't doing our job, you know, with our unit. In second half, we went to point points on the board, start moving the ball, moving the chains, and start looking like ourselves.
Speaker 14: The large technically through the uh the TV though Isaiah looked like he was asking.
Speaker 4: For it high in the air or was that Uh nah, you brow dope.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, the receiver was called for the ball. Tight ends call for the ball when they feel like they got someone beat. So that's all he was doing. But I get I feel like he was getting crabbed a little from twenty four. But I just had to place the ball, throw it back shoulder cause he was under cutting, and he just made it. He went up, made a great catch. The rest is system a law.
Speaker 6: I know, there's one game at a time, But now that you guys are going to the AFC Championship game, your dream of going to hold out on Barti Troupe is it's starting to you know, feel like it's getting closer at this point.
Speaker 5: M nah, cause we we gotta we gotta finish, you know, still playoffs. We not in the dance yet, but I'm looking forward to next week. To be honest with you, I'm not even thinking about, uh, super Bowl until we had the business.
Speaker 4: The pactors too, Q to sort of have to get moving on offense.
Speaker 3: How much do you think that's a function.
Speaker 4: Of is your three weeks without like readingful game and getting back into the movie, then.
Speaker 5: I mean everything can play a part of it, you know, can't just say like we was we was rusty, you know, it was winded. It was coolest heck out there. But everything played the factor, you know. But the the thing probably about our team is, you know, we came out second half and we did what we were supposed to do, put points on the board.
Speaker 12: A sorry.
Speaker 4: How how much more in control of the game do you kind of feel now versus maybe some of the playoff appearances the past or you are you are you looking at things and saying, yeah, I have a more experience, I'm more ready for this.
Speaker 5: Uh, definitely. I got the keys to the offense, and when I see it, I just try to put my team in the best position I could wamar would.
Speaker 3: Happened on the second touchdown of yours? You went back into the tunnel? Like what to your what's you going back there?
Speaker 11: As? Uh?
Speaker 3: What was it like coming out?
Speaker 5: I don't know what took me back, But uh, what happened when I came out more got the camera, you know, me and Ronnie taking pictures. That's what happened when I came out the uh tunnel. But I don't know what led me to it. I just seen it when I was off to the races.
Speaker 7: Were you surprised at all that they what's as much as they did in the first set it was like seventy percent of their drummers.
Speaker 5: Nah, Nah, I wasn't surprised. You know, they were having success first half with blicks and I saw blicks and zero there was there was it was do anything. But we watched a lot of film. We was prepared. We just we just making little mistakes on you know, protecting the blicks and getting the ball out on time. But second half, I felt like we was doing what we were supposed to do.
Speaker 4: You a kind of just talking at halftime, Hm, who did most of the talking at half?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 5: You did a lot of person that's half time. That's why I said it was inappropriate. Ron J.
Speaker 4: John was also talking about how you and Todd were really collaborating together to make some of those adjustments at halftime. What has Todd's trust in you in your insight meant this year?
Speaker 5: It mean a lot, you know, for you, for your OC to you know, trusting you to be out there and point his ten point our team in a in a great situation. That's all I need and we gonna go from there.
Speaker 10: Two more much has been said about you have even want to playoff win over the.
Speaker 3: Course of your cur do you d Have you heard that they are motivate?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 5: I heard that?
Speaker 8: What's that?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 2: I heard that?
Speaker 12: I see it.
Speaker 5: I ain't I don't even got to hear it. I see it, you know, but it is what it is. I really don't care about what people say, you know. I'm I'm tryna win day and day out every time I'm on that field. I'm trying to play to the best of my ability that those guys just had you know, had our team member in the past, but it's a different team, like I've been saying, and we just gotta say locked in on what's ahead of us jokes.
Speaker 4: Oamara, it looks like they kind of tried to test you guys with some like the lady.
Speaker 3: Blesses, some safety blisses. I guess what, what did you kind of see, especially.
Speaker 4: When we're able to kind of catch them show on your hand and how did that affects your guys offense?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, when they was trying to disguise they blitz or whole blitz. I'm seeing it, you know, I'm looking at the safeties. I'm looking at the linebackers. I'm looking at everything, you know, and I'm getting the ball out cause us M. If they got a counter for they blicks, I gotta counter for it, you know on my side. So I just gotta do what I gotta do. What I do, you know, just the ball out to the guys who's open. And that's what that's what we did.
Speaker 2: Thanks you for mar.
Speaker 5: Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: That was quarterback Lamar Jackson. Next up, let's go to the linebacker Patrick.
Speaker 3: Queen Patrick, what's you say about the Steve fense? You only gave up three points the whole game. You didn't have a turnover or a shack.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 8: Just resilient. Uh.
Speaker 11: You know, they was driving the ball quite quite a few times, and you know we just stayed in there, st held our ground. Uh, Benber don't break.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 11: You know, everybody locked in when we ask absolutely needed to, and we got the job finished.
Speaker 12: Kaw.
Speaker 3: Do you think the way you guys it especially only than one.
Speaker 8: Do you think that kind of set of channel? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Uh, you know that's how we Sposta come out. That's how you supposed to play the game. So we we don't shot Awa from that kind of stuff. I know. You know, it's a lot of drawing back and forth. Uh, some people probably thought we shouldn't have been playing like that in the game, and you know, that's just what we do. So we like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 16: Patrick John Carmo, described as a Lamar, said, there's a lot of custing report from your advantage point was the.
Speaker 11: Half kind of partner rem Uh, we know what we capable of and we wasn't putting that out on the field. So when you got guys like Lamar who's upset about that kind of stuff, who usually don't tend to talk that much, but when he does, it's very vocal, you just gotta sit up. We gotta sit up and listen.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 11: The guy got something good to say, and he was rightfully so in the right place to say what he said. So you know that's when it's our job to just keeping giving them ball back and let them do what they do.
Speaker 7: Did you have absolute faith that you guys would respond in the second half, Nion.
Speaker 8: You guys have done it throughout the year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no doubt. I know we all know what we could do. You know, that's why the halftime it got edgit it cause we know what we could do sitting there. The game shouldn't be that close. But you know, give those guys respect and all the credit that they had to close like that.
Speaker 17: Lamar's uh playoff record was obviously talked about a lot of entering this team for the performance like that.
Speaker 1: What does it say about the quarterback he is in the regular season and the playoffs.
Speaker 11: He ain't done yet. He got a lot of enough to prove. He he wants to prove that. That's why he's so hungry. That's why you could see it in his eyes. You can see it the way he talk, the way he acting right now and you got allowed to prove and he wanna prove that.
Speaker 4: That's right, Like, is there a different to get your engine or his season.
Speaker 5: Then in in the past.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you real?
Speaker 11: Oh you know he always been that same guy. To me, it's just another notch right now. Uh, he know what we wants didn't reach and we just gotta take that one game at the time, want play at a time, one day at a time, on practice at the time. Man, we'll be able to achieve that thing.
Speaker 9: God, you can do.
Speaker 4: You think this was a game where in that second half, especially you could feel like if you guys with the team of rest.
Speaker 16: And neighborhood team can comeing off you know a game last weeking Yeah.
Speaker 11: Uh, I mean I don't really know cause we practice and he ain't practice often neither, so we had to pass on this stuff.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 11: We did what we had to do. That's a tough question, honest. I me personally, I don't care about the rest. I think any any way you can get to suit up, you gotta do enough time to recover, do what you need to do. You know, if we got advantage of that, then cool. We earned it that trick.
Speaker 7: How would you describe your game planning against the Stroud? I mean he got so much success, you know, throwing down field against Cleveland week before him. How did you guys plan to attacking?
Speaker 8: We just do our job.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 11: You know, they like to take shots, They like to do a lot of gimmick stuff to get guys opening and stuff. Cleveland just had bad eyes. They was on all the stuff. They just had bad eyes leaping the downs. And that's what we just did. We just play smart, play tard uh rules and just do what we had to do.
Speaker 8: You're two more for Patrick.
Speaker 12: I despite not getting a sack.
Speaker 4: You put a lot of pressure on and you got 'em off this spot a lot.
Speaker 17: Was Was that part of the plan to get to him on move, get him off off balance?
Speaker 3: Definitely?
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 11: Anything you got a guy like that who could put the ball anywhere, you gotta get to 'em and get those guys up front credit cause we wasn't blissing a whole lot. You know, four men rushing getting there, So get those guys a lot of credit up front.
Speaker 3: Ron Patrick, can you describe the crowds in for what's on their offense?
Speaker 8: From me a round?
Speaker 3: Do what?
Speaker 11: I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: The crowd's influence on their offense?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it got a lout, It got a lot of quite a few times, and you could see they had some false starts here and there.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 11: You know that's how we need to bank. We need a rocking like that every time.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: That was linebacker Patrick Queen in the locker room today. We also heard from his running mate, fellow linebacker.
Speaker 8: Who we are and.
Speaker 18: We just have to do we do to the best of our ability. And like I said earlier, if we do that, that's all she wrote.
Speaker 7: You learned a lot of the doubters coming into this game about the past playoff troubles seeing or Lamar's record, does that make this much more rewarding?
Speaker 8: Especially the way you guys are able to finish today.
Speaker 18: I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think there's eleven people on our offense and eleven people are on our defense, and eleven people on special team that plays.
Speaker 8: Not what anybody else has to say.
Speaker 18: They don't put the pass on, so who cares what they have to say at the end of the day. That's an opinion. That's just like a butt. Everybody has them, you know what I mean. So I don't really concern myself with that, nor do anyone in this locker room, because it's outside noise at the end of the day. And honestly, I didn't know too much about it, and I really don't care.
Speaker 4: You look at the pre snaff penalties that the Texans got. What advantage was the home crowd today?
Speaker 3: And how much are you looking forward to that next week championship?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 18: I know it's gonna be even rocking even more next week in the AFC Championship. But that was huge, you know, coming to the bank. I had got a little witness of it last year. How loud and hostile the environment can be and as well as this year.
Speaker 8: So think best fans in UH football and the way they come out.
Speaker 18: I don't know what they be on liquid courage or what, but they get at the top of their lungs and I love to hear it. So it's definitely playing a big part and us. And I was talking with some of the edge rushers early in the week and like they they really enjoyed even more because like norm that snap counsel, it's gonna be more predictable UH when us as loud.
Speaker 8: So make sure you guys come out loud as crap next week.
Speaker 4: For you personally, what does it mean to be one game from the super Bowl?
Speaker 8: Next game up?
Speaker 18: So that's our mission, our mission to get there and do what we do. But it's gonna take one week at a time. So whoever we play next week, they come into the bank, and like I said before these guys came in, whoever come has to.
Speaker 8: Get dealt with.
Speaker 18: There's a villain to every story, and hey, I send theerella story in it, so on to next.
Speaker 16: Well, you guys gonna shut down there running game today.
Speaker 8: How did you guys do about doing that?
Speaker 3: Amateur quarter episodes that.
Speaker 18: Oh that was huge, Like all week, we know we stopped the run, but that's what any team. You stop the run, make a team one dimensional, and it's gonna be very hard to do anything. And uh, that's something that's credit to the big dolls up front. I think the best front seven and football starting with front four, whoever is in there, whatever the rotation is, and then the best two combo in the league with me and PQ. And so when you look at it like that, you stop the run, make them one dimensional. That's when we like ball hawks and guys that are make plays on the ball.
Speaker 8: Do what they do.
Speaker 13: How can you play.
Speaker 9: Check it out.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it was huge knowing that you know, you get him rattled, it's gonna be a tough it's gonna be a tough day for him. And that's just like any quarterback. You you make a move, get off the spot, change up the picture, and get pressure on them. So at the end of the day, that was like part of the plan, and we.
Speaker 8: Executed a plan to a t uh.
Speaker 18: Sid was a couple of plays here and there, but hey, they're in the league as well, so but that was a really good team.
Speaker 8: So hats off to those guys. Uh, you know they had a great season, but hey, it had to end, and you know we delivered the.
Speaker 17: Stephenses and making the statements fall season after the type of game.
Speaker 8: They had against the Browns.
Speaker 13: What do it means to keep them completely audience side as the defense.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we're not the Browns. We'reda Broughtimore Ravens at the end of the day. So whoever they played before us really don't matter. Like I put this front, this eleven, whoever's out on the field with us versus anyone in the league, anyone in the world at that. So we're the best, best front eleven, best eleven in the game, regardless front seven as well. So I like us US versus anyone any given day and twice on game.
Speaker 15: Day, the real guys you wear the black Cats or feared or bad guys?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is this a role your adopted for the postseason?
Speaker 8: Honestly?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 18: When I seen it in my closet, I actually supposed to award it in Arizona with PQ, but I forgot my boots, so uh, I brought I had my boots at the house today and then I was just like, hey, when I was thinking about it this morning, I'm like, hey, they are the Texans and they are the Cowboys, but you know I got this hat on, so I'm daddy.
Speaker 3: You keep with this or will you change up for that treat?
Speaker 18: Oh, next week would be something totally different. This week was this had to handle business. That's business handle and we did what we had to do, so maybe this had to go back up in the closet somewhere.
Speaker 4: Do you have like a Buffalo or Kansas City themed, you know, outfit plan for whoever he is?
Speaker 18: Uh it, it'll be something sweet, so we'll be well, I'm sure we'll you know. My plan is to let you guys see it next week after the game right here as well, so it'll definitely be something sweet. Whoever we plays, line them up. They gotta get dept with business.
Speaker 8: Business handle about you have a preference for who it is coming to Baltimore. I don't care who it is.
Speaker 18: It can be my little little cousins, they can be grandparents or whatever.
Speaker 8: You know, you rolled the ball out there.
Speaker 18: They gotta get debt with they come into the bank by any means necessary, So whoever it is, I don't care.
Speaker 3: F quin Obviously, the defense played well all four quarters.
Speaker 7: Lamar talked about it and he said, some things that have time to get the guys, what do you think is more in the second half, and how he energized that that second half.
Speaker 8: He was just being himself. At the end of the day.
Speaker 18: I think he's the best quarterback in the game right now and doing what he do and that's he can beat you in any facet of the game at the end of the day.
Speaker 8: So I'm just like I tell people.
Speaker 18: All year long, I'm grateful that I'm playing with him and not against him, because trying to deal with him dropping back, you know, nothing's there he takes off or something's there he's dropping it off there.
Speaker 8: So it's hard.
Speaker 18: It's hard to game plan versus that, and you can't really immolate that. You can't really you can't do that in practice. So guys try to do it day in and day out, but.
Speaker 8: Hey, it never works. And we're on the next week.
Speaker 1: That was linebacker Rokwan Smith. Next up is outside linebacker Daveon Clown. How would get Scott feeling in this locker room?
Speaker 19: Oh man, that's a great feeling, especially for me because I used to play for that team, right there about five four or five years ago, and I got a lot of respect for some of the guys that's still there. But it's a great feeling. Gets just double against him today And locker room went crazy to not, hey, you.
Speaker 1: Did downplay that earlier in the week about you know, going out for the team.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 19: I I just you know, I ain't got no no hate against nobody because half of the guys I played were not there anymore. But I always remember just being that drafted me, and uh, I got a lot.
Speaker 8: Of respect for that.
Speaker 3: I appreciate different drafted me.
Speaker 19: But now that I'm here, I mean, of course I wanna win that thing, which this is a group right here.
Speaker 8: So it was big for me today.
Speaker 13: It was really dominant defensive effort.
Speaker 8: What about this.
Speaker 13: Defensive play to this level?
Speaker 19: I mean, I mean, we just played well together, got a lot of respect for each other.
Speaker 8: We played five.
Speaker 19: Brothers out there, and uh, you just steed off the energy from the gods besides you and around you, man, and uh, it's a beautiful thing when it come together like that, and uh you can go out there and put a put together dominant performance and the hope of continue with there.
Speaker 13: There were fourth faalse starts to delay a game.
Speaker 19: That's how I was predicated to the fans. Shout out to the fans and showing up in supporting today. Uh it's much needed. Uh we're gonna need you next week, of course, but uh, I love y'all for showing up and doing that because, UH making my life a lot easier when they came hard account or you know, crazy Uh cadence, Uh shout out at.
Speaker 13: Them, and you mentioned the actual championship next week. It's the first sign the Ravens are posted.
Speaker 3: Fifty three years well something like that.
Speaker 8: That's what he just said.
Speaker 19: Something crazy number. But I think that's crazy. I thought the Ravens growing up. I was a fan.
Speaker 3: I watched them for a year after year, and I was always.
Speaker 19: Thinking they played at home, but they didn't. Busting him back on station when Ray Lewis.
Speaker 8: And then played.
Speaker 19: I ain't know they played on the road or not, but I was watching them, so it's crazy. I'm just glad to be here, be a part of this whole.
Speaker 3: Sang man. Let's run and hopefully get the win next year.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That was outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney on the offensive side, of the ball. We heard from tight end Isaiah Likely, who scored a big touchdown in this one feature.
Speaker 16: Uh you know, I mean when the when the leader talks, you listen, so I understand that it was a zero's a game going halftime.
Speaker 3: You know, we got in there thirty.
Speaker 16: Minutes, so you know, hone in on the low details that we missed and to execute from.
Speaker 13: There after the layoff to get the first one out of the way.
Speaker 8: Is it a sense of relief knowing that things are heading in the.
Speaker 13: Direction you guys want them to.
Speaker 16: Uh, you know, winning is definitely a relief because think you know, the goal is to coach the Super Bowl and win it all. So you know, winning this one, being one to know this weekend and having an opportunity and the blessing to go next week and have the same opportunity is definitely another episode.
Speaker 20: For yourself personally to have meaningful snaps production the touchdown catching games like this.
Speaker 9: What does it mean to you?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 16: You know, it's just a blessing from my hard work. I mean, it instills confidence in me and instill confident of mar to be able to throw the ball and you know, trust me to make the players and go from there to be home one.
Speaker 5: More time, first time in Ravens franchise history, to have the AFC Championship run through here.
Speaker 13: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I mean it's crazy.
Speaker 16: I mean you have an offense I always has to fight against our defense and then have to fight against also the bank. I mean the bank gets crazy loud on third downs or get back on tracks. So that that's just a whole game.
Speaker 13: And and so there's been a lot of talk about Lamar and his playoff record.
Speaker 12: What does a win exist.
Speaker 13: And a performance like that, say that who he is in the playoffs.
Speaker 16: It reminds you that I mean you could say what you want to buy a record, but he shows up every Sunday and shows you, guys why he's the MVP.
Speaker 12: And for you to do this, you know, with Mark coming back, what's it mean?
Speaker 1: You know, with him on kind of on deck, you know, to have that kind of moment to know he's going to be here probably next week.
Speaker 12: What kind of boost does that give you guys too?
Speaker 16: I mean it shows you that you know, any any skilled position has can light up a scoreboard or take over a game. And then adding all pro margangs back into the next I mean, somebody's gonna have to come in on Sundays and stop, and I feel bad.
Speaker 13: For them most people's now is that Isaiah Likely?
Speaker 12: Especially or what so?
Speaker 16: I mean just getting just you know, having Lamar trust me to put the ball up and not make them, not make them wrong, always coming down and try and go to this.
Speaker 1: That was tight end Isaiah Likely. We also talk with wide receiver Nelson Aguilar. He won a Super Bowl during his time with the Eagles, and he scored a touchdown on here. Today he talked about his veteran experience and what a means as the Ravens look to make this run to the super.
Speaker 12: Bowl with that interest.
Speaker 13: You said, you guys, you we're a different team.
Speaker 8: You played like the number one seed.
Speaker 10: And obviously I think in the second half we just dialed in and you know, tried to focus on executing, like you know, we understood that whatever was happening earlier were things.
Speaker 12: That we can control.
Speaker 10: Whether there's a little mistake here, a different step here, you know, didn't execute well. So the second half we dialed in. The quarterback willed us. He told us all lock in, lock in and execution. You know, went from there, What.
Speaker 20: Does it mean to this team to be in the AFC title game inhabit at home next week.
Speaker 10: Means a lot we wanted any other way. You know, we worked hard for this and.
Speaker 12: You know were prepared for it.
Speaker 4: How does say that Mark said he did a lot of cussing at halftime.
Speaker 3: Have you seen him like that this season four?
Speaker 12: It's something in him right now.
Speaker 10: Uh it, It's been in him all year, but there's something really in him right now.
Speaker 3: And I'm with it.
Speaker 12: I'm with it.
Speaker 1: W What does that? How does that impact the team when your quarterback clearly he cares so much and and wants a value.
Speaker 12: To wait the teams?
Speaker 10: I mean we are, uh we are as he goes like you know what I'm saying. Like his personality, he is the Baltimore Ravens. You know, he leads the right way, you know, by example, but also when it's time to talk, he it's said and then he executes.
Speaker 12: He does you know.
Speaker 10: He doesn't just talk talk talk and didn't go out there and not do nothing. He says what needs to be said, then he goes out there and executes.
Speaker 9: Yel So he's been a lot about uh talked about Isaiah likely stepping up in mar games.
Speaker 12: Jobson's Uh, obviously.
Speaker 3: The playoffs are just a different stage.
Speaker 12: What do you see from Isaiah today and how he's growing developed?
Speaker 10: Man, He's what's awesome about him is, you know, he takes advantage of whatever opportunities comes his way. He's not gonna have to get a large volume of touches. He's gonna make play. And I think that's awesome. You know, he's the kind of guy that just you a gamer, you know, shooting there, he goes in the end zone again. Guy just makes plays. So a lot of respect for him.
Speaker 13: No else you've experienced a Super Bowl run?
Speaker 1: How does that experience and knowing what it takes to get there and accomplish it, how does that help you and this run?
Speaker 10: I mean, it's my job to try my best to remind, you know, the the two younger guys the importance of just being present, you know, is you have an opportunity, you have to be present.
Speaker 3: It ain't about what the game is.
Speaker 10: It's the fact that you get another game and and make the plays one player at a time, and you know, and then also if something's not if we don't make a play, remind them to just get back up. There and bounce back, because that's what it is. You know, playoffs is all about just competing. Really, it's the ultimate competition, cause stuff's not gonna be perfect.
Speaker 12: Take me through your touchdown and great call.
Speaker 10: I mean, uh, we were we were in a big personnel and it ended up working out.
Speaker 13: Of my favorite did you were you the first read on that?
Speaker 12: You know, except I'm one of the guys on that one.
Speaker 10: I'm grateful that worked out the way it did.
Speaker 12: Did you see the top ten saying that Odell gablemar I ain't see that.
Speaker 8: I need that. I need to see it.
Speaker 12: Odell supposed to be my friend. Why do you give me one? I appreciate y'all, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: That was wide receiver Nelson Aguilar. We also talked with offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler to take game.
Speaker 12: Where'd you got something to celebris?
Speaker 3: Got your first playoff win?
Speaker 8: You waited a while.
Speaker 3: I was a It feels real good.
Speaker 20: You know, never been able to play this long as the season four and you know, really thankful for my teammates. You know, we're able to get it done today and another big challenge next week.
Speaker 18: You come into a game like this cold weather rush for over two hundred yards.
Speaker 2: Is that an old lineman's dream.
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 20: Absolutely, you know, I think we start a little sluggishly in the first half, but I mean, we have a week off sometimes it happens. It's just proud of our team. We were able to, you know, turn it on a second half and get down heavy we needed to.
Speaker 2: You're familiar with Lamar Jackson and he continues to do a little bit of everything.
Speaker 8: Two touchdown rushes, two touchdown passes.
Speaker 2: That's the type of guy that could lead you all the way. What are you saying from him?
Speaker 20: This Year's a special talent. He's a great guy, great leader, and you know, just watching him flourish, you know, just I think inspires everyone else on the team to have push even harder.
Speaker 8: You guys have talked about.
Speaker 2: Being locked in knowing what the.
Speaker 3: Goal is to reach this level.
Speaker 13: AFC title game means what now moving forward for this week?
Speaker 8: I mean, it's an excellent opportunity.
Speaker 20: We know we're gonna have a hell of an opponent no matter who is next week, and you know we're gonna have to make sure we focus in this week and bring our a game because you know, you though we had a good hat.
Speaker 3: You know, what we did today won't get it.
Speaker 8: Down next week.
Speaker 1: That was offensive lineman kimn Zeitler, we'll stalk with. Let's tackle Ronnie Stanley.
Speaker 5: Did you feel like Russ going that first two quarters?
Speaker 17: You know, nothing I could tell, you know, I think we just weren't executing. We weren't doing things on the same page. And you know, when you're running offense, you're trying to be elite. Everyone's got to be on the same page. Everything's got to be sharp, and you know, it just took longer than we wanted to get there.
Speaker 13: As animated as you've seen Lamar at halftime.
Speaker 17: Uh yeah, I mean I've seen him animated a lot, you know, on the field, halftime, you know, in the locker room. But again that's just credit to his competitiveness and his just want to win.
Speaker 7: How did you guys tighten up against the Bullets in particular? I mean, they're they were sending extra guys on almost every drop back in.
Speaker 12: The first time.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think it's just communication, everyone being on the same page, making sure guys knew their keys, knew who they had who were reading that stuff. And we just went back in made sure we just knew who we have and made sure guys when they're on one on.
Speaker 20: One battles, the fourth and one call in your spaces you in a mismatched size with the.
Speaker 8: Run right behind it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean that's just a play that you know, we have no running whenever. But you know, I know what Mamar's out there in space, you know what he likes to do. Get with and you know, get up the field and you know, I'm just trying to get out there, get in front of my guy and make sure that he has you know, a three way.
Speaker 1: Go that was left tackle Ronnie Stanley. Let's slip it over to the other side and hear from right tackle Morgan Boss.
Speaker 3: Home playoff game in Baltimore. Describe the atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Obviously the result is what you wanted, but.
Speaker 3: Just what the experience was.
Speaker 14: Oh, it's crazy, man. I tell everybody, we have the best fans you know, in the NFL. And you see that every day, you know, you see you know, the opposing offense come in, false start, false started, delay of game. That's because our fans, man, you know, we feed off of them and they feed off of us.
Speaker 3: And that's why it's so special to play in the vang my first half. Obviously the second half was better. Yeah, what were you feeling out there in the first half? Was it the time off you tell us? You know, I think it's just it's us, man.
Speaker 14: Sometimes we just got to get away, get out of the way of ourselves and execute it.
Speaker 3: It wasn't anything that they were particularly doing.
Speaker 14: It's just we were making We're making can you know, mistakes ourselves, and you see coming into halftime and coming back out there, you know, you get due to give us a great kickoff return, We get great field, the position, and we go down and score.
Speaker 3: And that's what you want as an opening drive.
Speaker 14: That sets the tone for the offense or whoever gets the ball first, for our defense to go back out there and get us the ball back and go down and score again. So I think when you have that success coming out in the second half, that's what you look forward to.
Speaker 2: You've been ask repeatedly about Lamar Jackson and what it's like with him. Are you at this point just expecting these things or are you still amazed at what he does?
Speaker 14: I mean, yeah, he's an amazing player and he's one of a con man.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 14: You you don't see anybody y like him in the NFL, and the opportunity that he has with the.
Speaker 3: Ball in his hand every play, you just never know.
Speaker 14: So you wanna get down the field and make those blocks, man, because I mean, he's one person, one one one move from breaking into a touchdown.
Speaker 3: So you know, that's that's what he does.
Speaker 14: And we see it every day in practice, We see it every day in in game situations.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what he brings to the table.
Speaker 13: Well, after you describe what the scene was like in here during halftime.
Speaker 3: You know, we knew, we knew what we had to do.
Speaker 14: You know, obviously you know offense going back out there, and I think Duve set the tone right away with the with the kickoff return, getting us in plus field field position, and that's what we you know, when we get good fulfils like that, we have.
Speaker 3: To capitalize at our offense. And I think that set the tone for us.
Speaker 14: And then we came back and got the ninety five yard drive, and I think that was the turning point for the game for us, is to go down there ninety five yard drive that breaks a defense wheel right there. And you know, it took all four quarters for us to get there, But that's football.
Speaker 13: After he scored, After Lamar scores, he goes down the tunnel.
Speaker 12: Where where did you end up on in that celebration.
Speaker 3: Somewhere in the somewhere in the tunnel, man.
Speaker 14: But uh, it was a great block by Ronnie being out in space and stealing the d N.
Speaker 3: And then obviously Lamar in his hand is magic man.
Speaker 14: So anytime you have the opportunity with him and the ball, with the ball in his hand, you know something great's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Lamar said he got a little active in a year.
Speaker 3: At halftime, How was that Did that help you guys get going?
Speaker 14: No, for sure, man, because it was nothing that you know, we we we you know, ask players. It was nothing that they did to stop us if we had to get out of our way. And like I said, you know we got we were getting the ball. Second half. Dou set us up with a great, great field position. And anytime you get great field position like that, you have to put points on the board. And I think that was you know, one of the turning points of the game is come back out second half, drive the ball down, get that touchdown. And then we think we followed it with a ninety five yard touchdown after that, So that's what you want, and you know that breaks the defense wheel right there when you come out second half and you're able to smack him in the face like that.
Speaker 15: Morgan, you know as well as anybody how rare playoff wins are for anybody. Of course, I was talking to Zeiser. This is his first ever if he's been the league twelve mine too. Okay, So what is the what is the the you're still locked in, you got bigger goals. Yeah, how can you celebrate.
Speaker 1: This and maintain what it means now to be in an AFC title game?
Speaker 14: I mean, obviously you want to celebrate it because it's a big accomplishment. But we're not done yet, you know, you know we want to get too far ahead of ourselves, but we know there's still work to do. Obviously, you know, we didn't play a complete game, but we did what we need to do to get the win. And there's a lot of things for us to correct individually and as an offense.
Speaker 3: And overall that's what we look to strive for. So we're not done yet. We got to go back to the office and correct some things.
Speaker 14: See how we can start faster in the in the first half, and continue starting faster and continue starting fast in the second half because those the turning points of the out of the game right there, Thank you, no problem.
Speaker 1: That was right tackle Morgan Moses. And lastly we heard from a running back, Justice Hill.
Speaker 4: Part team that has been so strong against the run this year, what do you think really worked, especially in that second half, just grinding them out and killing time.
Speaker 9: I mean offensive line, man, we got some dogs in front, those aut dogs and whenever they get in that mindset of yo, were about to run this thing, and we run that thing. And uh man, I wouldn't want to run behind any other lines than those guys, man, because they make it easy for.
Speaker 12: Me and for the other rbs.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think we were just being asked about it, but we heard Lamar was saying some fiery things in the locker room at halftime of what what you kind of see out of him in getting the team and where it needed to be for the second.
Speaker 9: And he wants to win, you know, I mean, we all want to win. So I mean basically what he says, the game is tied.
Speaker 12: And the zero zero, so let's go out there and put what we know, we know we can do. Let's put it all together and let's go out there and win. And that's what we did.
Speaker 4: Guys have been talking about Lamar's you know, different approach to just how locked he and he's spend this week.
Speaker 12: Did you see it in this game as well?
Speaker 8: In what ways do you think it?
Speaker 1: Really? I've been seeing it.
Speaker 9: All year play literally all year. Whenever we're up, we're not excited about it. I mean, he's not gonna be excited about anything until we.
Speaker 12: Get that super Bowl run. So that that permeates throughout the entire team.
Speaker 9: And shoot me too, you know, I'm ready to get that win and keep winning next week and then go ahead and get that super Boy.
Speaker 12: How'd you see Lamar sort of that focal and that you know there's some there obviously.
Speaker 3: Did you see him like that at all before the half?
Speaker 9: Not really actually, man, I mean he's always kind of a calm, mellow guy and go out there and ball, but yeah, ultimility, kind of mellow. But yeah, man, the team will rally off him and when he whenever he speaks.
Speaker 12: You know, everybody listens.
Speaker 8: And so that's what we did.
Speaker 9: Manage went out there second half because it was a totally different ball game.
Speaker 4: The last few weeks, you guys have been been hearing a lot of questions about twenty nineteen and the differences in this team. Does it feel good to kind of get past this stage and answer some of these questions?
Speaker 9: I guess so, I mean, we just want to win, so uh yeah, Tony nineteen came out short, but I mean it's totally twenty three.
Speaker 12: And then we were going right a different story.
Speaker 4: How much you seem to be a drug to start the summer half kind of energize you particular, so we don't win down to.
Speaker 9: This, Yeah, I mean this game is a by momentum, and dude came out. We d the special Team's unit and we blocked. He went out, got his fidrs and so and it just carried.
Speaker 12: On, you know, and then we just didn't stop from there.
Speaker 13: Just as you seem to be running the ball really well right now, what is working for you.
Speaker 12: Oh line man?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 9: Everybody doing anything, everybody's taking accountability, doing their part, and I'm just doing off.
Speaker 13: You got a lot of questions about Lamar and this means a lot to everybody. It seemed like he wants to win, so bad. How does that train and carry over to the rest of the team.
Speaker 12: I mean it's a huge deal. I mean because it shows that these little winds.
Speaker 9: So I'm not gonna say little wins, but wins along the way don't matter at all until we get to that big thing.
Speaker 12: And so that keeps everybody humble, keep everybody just hungry, you know. And so we're just hungry until we get to the end.
Speaker 1: Just you guys said, the best rushing attack in the league all year, and you come into the playoffs and run.
Speaker 4: For two hundred and twenty nine yards and as gonna statement, does that make?
Speaker 3: And how much confidence do you guys know?
Speaker 2: Like we're gonna run on anybody right now?
Speaker 12: I mean, just a credit to the old line man. They do their thing weekend and week out. They work. Nobody work as hard as those guys.
Speaker 9: And whenever it gets to the time we're just trying to run the ball, that's when they put them on their hard hats and you get after it.
Speaker 12: And I'm just glad I get to run behind those guys. Man, so they make it very easy for me and the other guys.
Speaker 1: It's clearly a fired up locker room after the win but the Ravens maintained their focus. They are not getting too high after this game because they know that they need to stay locked in and get them win next week in that AFC Championship. You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. Make sure you leave a rating in a review and hit the subscribe button as well. We will be back with you later this week as the Ravens prepare to host the AFC title