Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is verdic with Center, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you and Cenator. This might be one of the craziest stories that I've seen in a while. The media and Democrats are now urging the White House to pardon a list that they're putting together. They're claiming that it's Trump so ledged enemies lists, but it's not. It's their list of people they're afraid might get in trouble with the law.
Speaker 1: And this is shocking.
Speaker 3: Well, the fallout from Joe Biden's pardon of Hunter Biden continues. One of the things we saw this week is the federal judge overseeing the criminal tax case against Hunter Biden slammed President Joe Biden for his incredibly dishonest press statement that accompanied the pardon and laid out that it is completely false and dishonest. We're going to talk about that, and then we're going to talk about what you just mentioned that we are seeing a full on lobbying effort by Democrats and by the corporate media. They want Joe Biden to pardon everyone. They want him to issue blanket pardons across the board. It is an incredibly open, brazen invitation for Joe Biden to abuse his power, for him to continue the weaponization of law enforcement. You know, they're two components to weaponization. One is targeting your enemies, but the other is protecting your friends. And the corporate media is being quite open that they want Joe Biden on his way out to protect all of his friends in a way that would be not only utterly corrupt, but without precedent in our nation's history. We're going to break that down in detail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's truly incredible, and the list is one with some very very interesting names on it. I want to talk to you real quick about Berna and increased crime and violence around our country has just unfortunately gotten worse, and many people the number one thing that they care about is their personal safety and security. And if you have kids or grandkids, maybe they are eighteen or older living you know, off campus at college, maybe they're living on their own an apartment.
Speaker 1: You worry about them, but they're not twenty one yet.
Speaker 2: Or maybe you have someone in your family that doesn't feel condable carrying a firearm. Well that is where the Berna less lethal launcher comes in. It's an unbelievably effective way to defend yourself and de escalate a situation without the irreversible consequence of using deadly force. Now, look, I've had to use a real gun to protect myself and save my life. I had to pull the trigger. And I can tell you I love this burn a less lethal pistol because it gives me another option. Berna can save two lives. It's a great compliment to owning a firearm. Now, if you or your family is in a situation where you feel threatened, you can start with less lethal and this is legal in all fifty states. There are no permits or background checks needed. Now I own this myself and I've given them to lots lots of my family members so that they can protect themselves. Burna is a simple answer so that you can protect yourself. It's easy to use all age groups eighteen or older. The Burner launcher has powerful deterrence like tear gas and kinetic rounds, with a sixty foot range, meaning there's a lot of room between you and that threat, and one shot can incapacitate attacker for up to forty minutes. It's used by government agencies and law enforcing around the country, with over a half million units sold and I want to save you money. Go to Burnaby RNA dot com slash verdict. That's BYRNA dot com slash verdict for ten percent off your purchase that you can also see the videos there, so you know exactly how this works and you're going to be amazed like I was. That's by RNA dot com slash verdict for ten percent off all right centater So this all manifested out of the Hunter Biden pardon. It was such a broad pardon over a decade, for a multitude of sins. It started right when he started working for Barisma in Ukraine, if you want to timestamp this all the way up until basically now, and Democrats and the media are saying, Okay, that's not enough. They also seem to be wanting to give cover to Joe Biden to pardon everyone with the last name Biden and also give himself a pardon, which there's some issues with the law there. I want you to dive into that obviously, But are you shocked by how quick they're throwing out names of who they're worried about.
Speaker 3: Look, I think they are panicking. I think they are terrified about the incoming Department of Justice, about the incoming leadership of the FBI. They're terrified about Pam Bondy as Attorney General, They're terrified about Cash Battel as the director of the FBI, and they're scrambling to seek cover. You know, I will say the Hunter Biden pardon it is something that on this podcast we predicted a year ago. In January of this year, we predicted that Joe Biden would pardon Hunter Biden, and in fact we predicted that it was going to be in December of twenty twenty four. Well, as it so happened, it was December first that Joe Biden issued the pardon. He did it after spending an entire year lying about it over and over and over again, saying he would not pardon Hunter.
Speaker 4: He would not pardon Hunter.
Speaker 3: Kareem Jean Pierre, the White House Press Secretary, repeatedly just flat out lied. Multiple Democrats went on TV and flat out lied. The media flat out lied, and Ben We analyzed this in depth in Monday's podcast And by the way, if you didn't listen to Monday's podcasts, I'd encourage you to go back and listen to it.
Speaker 4: It was one of our most downloaded podcasts.
Speaker 3: We've ever done, because it really it breaks down how this was an absolute abuse of power, and it was also completely predictable. When Joe was saying, I'm not going to pardon Hunter, he was lying. Everybody knew he was lying. He knew he was lying, The people listening to him knew he was lying, the reporters knew he was lying. Kreean Jean Pierre knew he was lying. The Democrat senators who echoed those claims knew he was lying. And yet they were perfectly willing to lie as a political matter.
Speaker 2: And by the way, it even came out since we did the last show, reporting now from NBC News, and it was also reported by the New York Times that they were lying and planning for this pardon all the way back in June. And of course they were sources, but I mean they were going on TV, including the media, which is state sponsored media, when they're doing this, lying deliberately the American people knowing that they were already planning for this well.
Speaker 3: And it was in June of this year that I said on this podcast, the odds that Joe Biden will parter pardon Hunter Biden are one one hundred percent. It is absolutely certain he is lying, and everyone knows he's lying.
Speaker 4: Now they're quite open about oh yeah, we lied about it. Of course we did.
Speaker 3: And they're just trying to say, well, he's just being a dad. Every dad loves his son. Wouldn't you do this? And let's be clear, Number one, every dad would not lie to the American people for a year about it. If you were going to do it, then then you shouldn't lie about it. But number two, this is about protecting Joe. This is about protecting his own corruption. And I got to say, all right, So the federal judge who's overseeing the criminal tax case, Judge Mark Scarcy in California, slammed Joe Biden for his statement on the pardon, and I got to say the judge's comments, I've never seen anything like this. In my twenty plus years of practicing law. I've never seen anything remotely like this. Let me read to you from the judge's opinion that was issued. For example, the President asserts mister Biden quote was treated differently from others quote who were late paying their taxes because of serious addictions, implying that mister Biden was among those individuals who untimely paid taxes due to addiction, but he is not. In his pre trial filings, mister Biden represented that he quote was severely addicted to alcohol and drugs through May of twenty nineteen. Upon pleading guilty to the charges in this case, mister Biden admitted that he engaged in tax evasion after this period of addiction by wrongfully deducting his business expenses items he knew were personal expenses, including luxury clothing, escort services, and his daughter's law school tuition. And mister Biden admitted that he quote had sufficient funds available to him to pay some or all of his outstanding taxes when they were due, but that he did not make payments towards his tax liabilities even quote well after he had regained his sobriety, instead electing to quote spend large sums to maintain his lifestyle in twenty twenty. By the way, in twenty twenty, that would be when his father, Joe Biden, was running for president. According to the President. This is going back to Joe Biden's press release that accompanied the pardon. Quote, no reasonable person who looks at the facts of mister Biden's case can reach any other conclusion than mister Biden was singled out only because he is the president's son end quote. But two federal judges expressly rejected mister Biden's arguments that the government prosecuted mister Biden because of his familiar relation to the president and the president's own attorney general and Department of Justice personnel oversaw the investigation leading to the charges. In the President's estimation, this legion of civil servants the undersigned included are unreasonable people. In short, a press release is not a pardon. The Constitution provides the president with broad authority to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, but nowhere does the constitution give the president the authority to rewrite history. I gotta say, Ben, I've never seen a federal judge take the bark off the sitting president of the United States the way that judge did. He just said, Joe Biden is flat out lying, and he is dishonest. And I gotta say the judge is exactly right. Every word of that opinion is absolutely right. And Joe Biden again, understand for a year when he said he wasn't going to pardon his son he was lying, and understand today when he issued the pardon, Joe Biden is still lying. And that's what the federal judge just said unequivocally.
Speaker 2: And they seem to just be laughing in the face of justice and laughing in the face of Americans by the way, that have been held accountable. There's been a lot of whistleblowers that have come forward saying how angry they are over this. There's people that have gone to jail for less than what Hunter Biden did on the tax issues that are talking about how why is it that they had to go to jail for years and this guy gets to walk. There seems to be a lot of not just nepotism here, but anger from Americans that have had to face the music when they've committed many of the same crimes that he was accused of committing and have been convicted of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and not only is the federal judge angry, but the IRS whistleblower reacted to Biden's claim, and Townhall reported said IRAS whistleblower reacts to Biden's ludicrous claim justifying Hunter's pardon. On Sunday night, President Joe Biden issued a sweeping pardon for his son Hunter Biden. It covers all potential crimes committed between twenty fourteen and twenty twenty four and the it and that goes through the quotes. But IRS investigator and whistleblower Joseph Ziegler, who testified in twenty twenty three about the special treatment being handed to Hunter by the Department of Justice, blasted Biden's claims as ludicrous. And here's the quote that Ziegler said, quote, I honestly think that's completely ludicrous. I'm a Democrat, and I'm a person that believes in the rule of law. When you look at what he was charged with, criminal tax of asion and what he pled guilty to. There are thousands of taxpayers who honestly file their taxes, they pay their taxes on time, and I think they should be disappointed by this because they're held to a standard that's different from the political elite. This was felony conduct after he was sober. It was clever that the President's letter didn't bring up any of that conduct. I got to say, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: So you look at this and yes, they're getting the I think the White House is pretty clear is getting slapped around on the facts.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure they.
Speaker 4: Care and what is also out there at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they're just kind of like, we got away with it. We planned to get away with it, we had an alibi. Were the alibi was that, well, my son was a drug addict, so therefore he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions while we were making money while we were exploiting his addiction, which I also think is sick on so many different levels that there was that many Biden family members taking these amounts of money in the tens of millions of dollars, knowing that they were putting Hunter Biden out there and enabling his addiction with the massive payments coming to him while they knew he was a drug addict.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I got to say it, it is reminiscent what Joe Biden did with his son Hunter is reminiscent of how criminals will sometimes use juveniles to commit crimes because they know that juveniles, as a general matter, can't be held very accountable. They'll serve minimal prison sentences. So you know, drug cartels will use teenagers as drug mules because they know the juvenile can get off with a very light punishment. In this case, Joe Biden was willing to use his drug addict son as the bagman, as the one collecting all the cash. And to be clear, it wasn't just cash that went to Hunter. Hunter made millions of dollars. I mean, he was paying for prostitutes out of this, He was paying for drugs out of this. And to be clear, Hunter was not working for our allies. He wasn't working for France or Canada or the United Kingdom. He was working for oligarchs, corrupt oligarchs in Russia, in Ukraine and communist China. He saw bought out those who were enemies of America, and he sold favors from his dad, And it was incredibly lucrative and and and and there's a cynicism to using someone and and and listen, the strategy was always, well, if we get caught, you know, blame Hunter.
Speaker 4: Well he's he's an addict. And so that's the problem there.
Speaker 3: It's all about covering up Joe's misconduct.
Speaker 4: That's why this is an issue of public concern.
Speaker 3: If this were just some you know, poor sad Sack who was struggling with addiction, we wouldn't be talking about it. But it is because this is public corruption by the president of the United States and by previously the vice president of the United States, because much of this corruption happened while Joe Biden was vice president, and I got to say, what's happening now, I've never seen anything like it. Democrats and the corporate media, they are openly urging Joe Biden issue more pardoned. And we talked about in Monday's podcast, how right now Hunter has essentially a carte blanche for all any and every crime he has committed, every federal crime he's committed for eleven years.
Speaker 4: It's just wiped away.
Speaker 3: And the pardon power is that broad that it can do exactly that. But we pointed out that Joe Biden's brother faces real exposure. Well, I guess this should have been predictable, although I will say maybe I wasn't cynical enough because I didn't predict it.
Speaker 4: On Monday's pod.
Speaker 3: Suddenly the media is saying, pardon Joe Biden's brother, Pardon Joe Biden himself, Pardon everyone involved in the corruption, Pardon everyone involved in the FBI, Pardon everyone who have used their power, Pardon everyone who committed any criminal offense whatsoever, and I want you to listen to Let's start with this is an excerpt from MSNBC this week, urging pardons across the board.
Speaker 5: Brant of clemency. I hope that President Biden will also issue reemptive pardons to all of those people threatened by the unjustice of what will become the Department of Justice in the Trump administration. That of course includes Jack Smith and all of his staff, many Department of Justice lawyers. It includes President Biden himself. Although we don't know that anyone can legally pardon themselves, he will need a pardon because he is going to be harassed and charged for no crimes whatsoever. Donald Trump has promised that.
Speaker 2: If I'm reading this correctly, she just called for Joe Biden to pardon his entire administration because they believe that they, the entire administration, needs these pardons because of the activities.
Speaker 1: They were involved in. They're literally admitting to criminal activity.
Speaker 3: Well, and unfortunately, this was the most lawless administration we have ever seen, and I talked about at the beginning of this podcast. There are at least two components of weaponizing law enforcement. One component, and the most visible component is using law enforcement, using the DOJ. You're using the FBI, using the CIA, using the alphabet soup of the federal government to go after your political opponents, most notably to indict and prosecute Donald Trump four separate times, which is what the Democrats have done, both federally and at the state level, but also using it to go after pro life protesters, using it to go after people who engage in peaceful protest. On January sixth, using it as an excuse, using it to refuse to prosecute people who were violating federal law, committing felonies by threatening and protesting outside of Supreme Court justices homes Merrick Garland refused to enforce the law and just said, no, we don't enforce that law. Why because he disagreed with the Supreme Court and he wanted those judges threatened, he wanted their families. That's one component, But a second component is protecting the political allies of the president, and that weaponization has happened at great level. Look the IRS whistleblower testified, for example, that the special counsel David Weiss that was investigating Hunter Biden was repeatedly told there were boundaries he could not look into the big guy, he could not look into Joe Biden. That they were going to protect Joe Biden, there would be no investigation. So, for example, the WhatsApp message that Hunter Biden texted to the Chinese businessman the Chinese communists saying I'm sitting next to my father and you pay us millions of dollars right now, or my father is going to retaliate against you. Well, the investigator said, listen, we would like to subpoena the GPS data for Hunter Biden's phone and Joe Biden's phone. You could determine were they in fact sitting next to each other or not. There's an answer. That answer can be found. It can be found through a subpoena. And yet the Biden Justice Department said, no, we don't want to know if Joe Biden was sitting next to Hunter while he was shaking down Chinese communists threatening retribution from his father. We don't want to know if Joe Biden knew that you're not allowed to ask. That's an example of protecting your political allies. Well, now the press is being even more brazen. The Democrats are being more brazen and saying, look there are a whole bunch of people who committed lawless conduct, and we're about to have a Department of Justice at FBI who is willing to investigate and criminal conduct and willing to enforce the law regardless of party. I don't want them to target these guys because they're Democrats. I want them to enforce the law. If people committed criminal offenses did so deliberately and willingly, they should face consequences. And the Democrats are terrified out of their mind, and they are openly urging Biden pardon everybody.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's not just the Lady that we played earlier. This was clearly an orchestrated effort in the last twenty four hours, yes, to normalize this idea. And I want to go through the list and some of the tweets out there and another piece of audio I want to play for you. But before I do that, I want to tell you about our friends over at Patriot Mobile. If you are like me, and you are sick and tired of giving your mind to companies that fight against your values, then one big category you need to take a look at.
Speaker 1: Is your cell phone provider.
Speaker 2: You may not realize, but big Mobile is giving big donations and having a big impact when it comes to supporting democratic causes, candidates and radical organizations, organizations that are paying for abortions for example. Now, if you don't want your money going there, then you need to know about Patriot Mobile. They've been around for more than a decade and many Americans they're second tired of companies using their dollars against them, and that is why Patriot Mobile was created because they said, we need to have companies that still believe in America and our constitution. Patriot Mobile, well, they're on the front lines and they take about five percent of your bill every month, that no extra cost to you, and they fight for our First and our Second Amendment rights. They fight for the sancty of life, and they stand with our military, our first responders are wounded warriors. So if you want to take a stand for conservative causes and put America first, then switch to Patriot Mobile today. You're gonna get the same nationwide coverage as the big providers because Patriot Mobile operates across all three major networks. So the coverage you have now, you're gonna get the same coverage when you switch. Plus, they back their service with a coverage guarantee. They have one hundred percent US based customer service team and that means it's easy to switch. They'll find the best plan for you and your needs. You keep your same number you've got now, keep your phone you have now, or up grade to a new one. All you gotta do is go to Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict. That's Patriot Mobile dot com slash verdict. Or call them nine to seven to two Patriot. And if you call him right now, you're going to get a free month of service when you use the offer code Verdict. So call him nine seven to two Patriot and make a difference to every phone call you make or Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict. All right, so let let's go back to this list, and it was a list that Democrats put out. They started adding names to the list and saying this is somehow Trump's list, even though they're the ones creating out a thin air. So early in the day yesterday, it started with, well, it needs to the president needs to pardon himself. That also means he would need to pardon his brother. And then they added Joe Biden to the list, and then the list just started expanding to like everyone that worked for him that may have done something wrong or illegal. Alex Majorkis, for example, was on the list, James call me on the list, Andrew McCabe on the list. Peter Struck, you may remember that guy who said we're gonna stop back in sixteen, We're gonna stop Downald Trump from becoming president. Brus or Nellie or Rod Rosenstein. And then an expanded from there to the point where The Atlantic has an article saying there needs to be mass pardons. And this conversation took place on MSNBC.
Speaker 6: You argued, we defend norms by defending norms, not preaching them. A lot of happens between now and then. And I wonder how you're thinking about the president's pardon power today and how he should wield it.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 8: Back in twenty seventeen, I thought that Trump was an aberration, an unusual and.
Speaker 7: Black swan, if you will.
Speaker 8: And my thought was that you had to defend the norms of the rule of law, the governance, and the only way to do that was to maintain them even in the face of.
Speaker 7: His aberrational behavior.
Speaker 8: Today, I think we know that Trump is not an aberration. He's a phenomenon, he's a movement, and as such, what we have to do is recalibrate how we respond to that.
Speaker 7: And it now strikes me as.
Speaker 8: Essential to at least begin to play to the edge of the field, to go as far as the law permits in combating the authoritarian excesses of Trump.
Speaker 7: And the way I wrote about in The Atlantic is the pardon power.
Speaker 8: A pardon for Hunter Biden, a pardon for Trump's critics would be completely normative breaking, and it would be out of character, out of historical tradition. But at this point I was listening to your earlier your earlier broadcast. You were talking about kash Fittel. He's got a list of sixty people he wants to prosecute.
Speaker 7: That's a real list. Will he do all of them? I don't know. Will there be resistance of the FBI?
Speaker 8: Probably, But one of the realities of being investigated is that investigation has a cost, even if you're not prosecuted.
Speaker 7: In the end.
Speaker 8: You have to hire a lawyer, the mental cost, the time, the resources, And so it strikes me as perfectly reasonable to ask, what can President Biden do within the bounds of law, even if it would not be normatively traditional to save his allies from that. And the answer is obviously, pardon them.
Speaker 2: Let's just stop there, And he said more but let's just die. Let's break that down. Senator, he's saying, it's personally perfectly reasonable for Biden to pardon any Trump critic and says, well, it's a cost issue because you'll have to get a lawyer. Well, no crap, Like everybody around Trump knows that they tried to financially break so many people around Donald Trump that worked to the White House tried to financially ruin them. I have friends I'm not going to say their names who worked at the White House who were strapped with legal bills over a half a million dollars just having to answer questions in and around what happened on January sixth, even though they weren't involved in it.
Speaker 4: Look, that's absolutely right.
Speaker 3: But I got to say, the hypocrisy is even more rich than that. So the person, the man whose voice you're hearing is a guy named Paul Rosenwick. Now, who is Paul Rosenwick. Well, he was a deputy Assistant secretary in the Department of Homeland Security under George W.
Speaker 4: Bush and listen, I know Paul.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 3: I don't know him well, but I know him socially around DC lawyer circles. He wears a bow tie every day and he was one of the like he would run around Federalist Society events and he he was part of the sort of Republican lawyer cadre during the George W.
Speaker 4: Bush campaign.
Speaker 3: He is also someone who Donald Trump has broken his brain and Trump derangement syndrome is a very real phenomenon, and he is he is now advocating that Biden pardon everybody, Pardon every critic of Trump, Pardon every member of the cabinet, Pardon his entire family, Pardon anyone who may have committed any crime, because he doesn't want anybody to be held account for breaking the law. Now I'm going to tell you what the particular irony is. Paul Rosenwig is also one of the leaders of a group called the sixty five Project. Now what is the sixty five project? It is this left wing group and it's Paul Rosenwig, and it's also David Brock, who was Hillary Clinton's attack dog, who went a filing complaints trying to get Republican lawyers disbarred for supporting Donald Trump and Paul Rosenwike. His group filed a complaint with the Texas Bar asking that I be disbarred.
Speaker 4: Understand this guy way before the Texas Bar.
Speaker 1: I remember that story. But this is the guy that was actually doing it.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, he was doing it.
Speaker 3: And so I'm going to read to you from the New York Times story when they filed this complaint, and it says, this is a quote from the complaint quote, mister Cruse played a leading role in the effort to overturn the twenty twenty elections. And while the same can be said about several other elected officials, mister Cruse's involvement was manifestly different. This is what the complaint says. He chose to take on the role of lawyer and agreed to represent mister Trump and Pennsylvania Republicans in litigation before the US Supreme Court. In doing so, mister Cruz moved beyond his position as United States Senator and sought to use more than his Twitter account and media appearances to support mister Trump's anti democratic mission. So understand their complaint is that when I was asked when the appeal in twenty twenty challenging Pennsylvania's violating the Pennsylvania Constitution and changing the law in Pennsylvania. When that was appealed to the Supreme Court, I was asked, if the court takes it, would you be willing to argue the case? And Donald Trump asked me that, and I said, yes, if the Court takes it, if four justices decide they want to hear this case, and I believe they should have heard the Pennsylvania case, that I'll do the oral argument. Their argument, Paul Rosenwagg's argument is because I said yes I would represent a client before the Supreme Court, I should be disbarged. So he's talking about the cost of frivolous complaints at attacking people.
Speaker 4: Well, he was one of the point people doing it.
Speaker 3: And by the way, thankfully the Texas Bar is not an insane, woke nest of lunatic.
Speaker 4: And so what did the Texas Bar do.
Speaker 3: They threw their complaint out as frivolous and baseless, so it got thrown out.
Speaker 4: It was absurd.
Speaker 3: But this is someone who was asking that I be barred from practicing law. And by the way, this group has gone after over and over and over again, lawyers who dared to represent Donald Trump. So they're willing. When we talk about weaponization, weaponization of law enforcement, and weaponization of law I got to say Paul rosenwagg is a great example of that. He's happy to go and attack and try to bankrupt people. You mentioned the look at the end of the day, if they come after me, I am a sitting senator, I have the ability to raise money, I can defend myself. I am not a particularly faint flower. I am not a vulnerable person who if they want to come after me, let's go. And they're going to regret picking that fight. But they're a bunch of people in the Trump administration who twenty somethings or thirty somethings.
Speaker 4: They were young.
Speaker 3: People, and these bastards when after them tried to bankrupt them. They had hundreds of thousands or more in legal expenses and they tried to make it. And by the way, these are the same people that publicly said if you worked for Trump, we're gonna do everything we can to make you unemployable. To pressure law firms, they shouldn't hire you. To pressure companies, they shouldn't hire you. They wanted to destroy anyone who was willing to work with Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: That's the viciousness.
Speaker 3: And at the same time, they're urging Joe Biden pardon everybody because people who actually committed felonies, we don't want them investigated, and we certainly don't want them prosecuted.
Speaker 1: It's amazing the lawfair here.
Speaker 2: And I want you to hear the second part of what he had to say as well, because this goes back to I think the broader theme here, which is everyone that we believe that may have done something wrong, we need to protect them now so that Republicans cannot look at the crimes that we committed and prosecute us.
Speaker 1: Keep listening, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean it seems to you, and I think to other folks as well, that the argument about the institutional preservation in this moment is best relegated to academics, and that in reality, it's time to play political hardball.
Speaker 7: And it sounds like you're extending that.
Speaker 6: Not just to the pardon power, but to other levers that the Democrats might be able to pull. I'll read an excerpt from your Atlantic piece. It has become painfully self evident. The democratic self restraint is a form of unilateral disarmament that neither persuades Trump to refrain from bad behavior nor wins points among the undecided. It is time, well past time for responsible Democrats to use every tool in their tool kit. Does any part of that, I guess worry you, you know, I mean one it could have said the Democrats when they were in control the cenationship have gotten rid of the filibuster and done stuff. Well, now it seems like the philibuster is the only thing that's actual are going to stop Trump from enacting probably the broadest, most pernicious parts of his agenda. So how do you, I mean, how do you think about the cost benefit analysis here?
Speaker 7: Well, of course it worries me. It has to.
Speaker 8: It has to worry any sensible thinking person to argue for breaching norms that have guided our country for two hundred and fifty years. On the other hand, I don't think the democratic self restraint is what is going to stop Trump from acting.
Speaker 7: If in the end, Trump and the Republican.
Speaker 8: Majority think that the filibuster is a barrier to whatever it is that they want, for example, they're going to get rid of it anyway, whether or not the Democrats had done so in the in the prior Congress, and so it strikes me as essential to begin trying to take steps that can't be reversed or irreversible steps in defense of say, voting rights, for example, expanding the franchise guaranteeing fed really against state entrepreneces. We would still have to contend, obviously with the Supreme Court. But for two years the Democrats had a majority from both houses, and instead of doing transgressive, normative things like changing the electoral rules to prevent Trump's cheating, they did normal democratic things. They passed the Inflation Reduction Act and the Bipartisan Infrastructure Act, and all good things, I'm sure from their perspective.
Speaker 7: But they thought that that.
Speaker 8: Would be how to reclaim America, and turned out they were wrong.
Speaker 2: I mean, centaer As, you just listened to this. Do you want to talk about the threats to democracy? Holy crap.
Speaker 3: So look, I gotta admit I don't know this bow tide clown. I've met him once or twice over the last twenty years, but I don't know him at any personal level. But he is I They're deliberately dishonest or profoundly ignorant because like one statement he made there that is just laughing, laughably false. He's like, well, if Trump wants to get rid of the filibuster, he just will. I'm gonna quantify to you. So I said six months ago, the odds that Joe Biden will grant a part pardon Hunter Biden were one hundred percent. I'm gonna give you the odds that the filibuster will be ended in the next two years with the Republican majority in the Senate, and they are the obverse of one hundred percent. They are zero point zero zero zero zero zero percent. There is literally not a point zero zero zero zero zero one percent chance it is. It will not happen. There are not ten votes to end the filibuster. And he's just that there's something about Trump derangement syndrome that that that that that it's bizarre and pathological, that that that all people afflicted with it can say is orange man bad, arch man bad. And and there's also look, I gotta say, Sigmund Freud has got to be spinning in his grave because the left and the never Trump and unfortunately the never Trump Republicans is a really tiny sliver of kind of DC folks who've lost their minds, but they engage in a degree of Freudian projection that is amazing. So, for example, all of these people beat their chest and say we love democracy, but they also are saying, well, they're aspects of Trump's agenda that are horrific. Well, there was an election in November and the voters voted for Trump, and he laid out what his agenda was, and the voters said, yeah, that's what we want. There were seven battleground states. Donald Trump won all seven. It wasn't close, it wasn't ambiguous. It was a clear and overwhelming result. And they also gave Republicans the majority in the Senate, in the House. And you know what, MSNBC, they don't care about democracy. These never Trump loans. They don't care about democracy. They don't care about the mandate from the people that the voters have decided. They're not saying, you know what, the voters decided they agree with this agenda. They want the border secured, they want integrity restored to the Department of Justice of the FBI. They don't care about that. And I've got to say, you know, I'm reminded, so so do you remember at the end of the Trump first term. There were lots of stories, and by the way, MSNBC breathlessly reported it about Republicans who were coming to Trump and saying, please give me a pardon, Please give me a pardon. And all these different Republicans were allegedly mostly House Republicans, were alleged to have asked for a pardon.
Speaker 4: And by the way that it.
Speaker 1: Was twenty four to seven, they were losing their minds.
Speaker 3: And there were reporters who claimed that I wanted a pardon, and let me be clear, that was always utter bs. Not only did I not want to parton, not only did I not ask for a pardon, but if Trump had asked me, hey, should I pardon you, I would say, hell, no, I haven't committed any came. I don't want to pardon. People who want pardons are people who who have likely committed crimes.
Speaker 4: And no, absolutely not. But it was all made up.
Speaker 3: It was an entirely fanciful fantasy. But and look, I don't know there may have been some individual House members who asked for it. I don't know about that, but I can tell you the press was breathlessly reporting all these Republicans that we're seeking pardons. And the irony is what is happening right now, you said at the outset of this pod.
Speaker 4: And this is important.
Speaker 3: This is orchestrated, This is concertive, This is not spontaneous. There has been a decision made by Democrats and by the corporate media. We're going to try to number one, pressure Joe Biden to give pardons to everybody. But number two, we're going to try to normalize it by talking about, Hey, isn't this a great idea, Let's just pardon everyone?
Speaker 4: And why?
Speaker 3: And their reason is pardon everybody because Orange man bad that that is their only reasoning, and it is Sigmund Freud would be amazed at the level of projection. They are literally doing exactly what they claim Republicans falsely claim Republicans were doing.
Speaker 2: I will say this what worries me the most about this Senator, and will end with this, But I do want to get your reaction is that if they do this, does it not signal to Democrats in the future when they get control of the White House. Just abuse your power, do whatever the hell you want to do. Go after your political enemies, and you can expect a pardon for any crimes you commit.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, that's been signaled already. As you know, I wrote an entire book entitled Justice Corrupted, How the Left is weaponized the legal system, and it talked about how Barack Obama that what Richard Nixon attempted to do, Barack Obama succeeded in doing. He weaponized the federal government. And then when Trump became president, these hardcore partisans burrowed in to the career positions and they waged war on Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: They tried to destroy the president.
Speaker 3: They hated the fact that the voters had elected him, and they wanted to stop him from implementing the policies the voters had elected him to implement. And now under Joe Biden, they're open and brazen. Alejandro Majorcis may be the single most lawless cabinet member who has ever served in our nation's history. And that is a remarkable statement. And so of course these radicals want Mayorcis to get a pardon because if he's committed criminal activities, they don't want him held to account. They want no accountability whatsoever. And listen, this is the same you think about it. In four years of the Biden administration, how many people has he fired none that I'm right, I don't know of a single one, including everyone in charge of the disastrous Afghanistan withdraw that was an absolute debui was it did enormous damage to US national security, and nobody was fired. Nobody lost their job. You look at the disasters, you look at the people in charge of the border. The people in charge of the border presided over the largest invasion at our southern border, our nation's history, the worst illegal immigration in our nation's history, and nobody lost their job. You literally wonder what the hell does someone have to do in this administration to lose their job. Well, now it turns out not only do they want nobody to ever lose their job, they want Biden to issue pardons so that nobody who committed federal crimes is ever, ever, ever held accountable. This is chapter two of the politicization and weaponization of law enforcement.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 2: We're gonna keep covering it, We're gonna keep talking about this, and make sure you share this podcast wherever you can on social media. That's why we do the show so others can hear it as well. Thank you for supporting us. As always, we do this show Monday Wednesdays in to hit that subscriber auto download button and the center and I will be back with you on Friday morning.