Speaker 1: Elvis Durand's phone tab.
Speaker 2: Who's kind of funny. Actually, it's very funny. Scary did an incredible job. As you were about to hear, this guy named Michael Michael Perry decided to email us email us with his phone tap idea. He wanted us to call his mom and be a telemarketer. While she's trying to work telemarketing people are calling her all the time, driving her nuts.
Speaker 3: He said, if you just go on and on and on, you'll drive her crazy.
Speaker 2: So Scary as a telemarketer called her, and before you know it, Michael, the guy who originally set the email in, gets on the phone and starts yelling at Scary too.
Speaker 3: He forgets we're calling for his own phone.
Speaker 1: Tat good afternoon, major adjustment.
Speaker 3: Hello, this is Michael Fromheimer with the Jersey Gauzette Delhi Home Journal. How are you today? Miss this good? I'd like to offer you our paper.
Speaker 1: Now we wouldn't be interested.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, but it's four dollars per week.
Speaker 1: Now the owner is not he this is a business and we're not interested.
Speaker 3: Thanks you. And this is my alb in Heimen with a Jersey Gazette Daily Home. We're not interesting Yeah, you didn't let me finish my sentence.
Speaker 1: We're not interested, okay.
Speaker 3: But let me finish with this offer. Good afternoon, major adjustment. As I was saying, this newspaper costs four dollars per week. Oh if the newstand price, we'll give it to you for fifty cents per take ye.
Speaker 1: Like Paris speaking.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, good afternoon. This is Michael and Heimer from the Jersey Gazette Teay Home Journal. We have a newspaper here we'd like to sell you. Was at the missis of the house.
Speaker 1: No, that's my secretary.
Speaker 3: Oh is this a place of business?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh, she asked you not to call back.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, well she didn't let me finish with this sentence that I I'm fine.
Speaker 1: If she tells you not to call back, don't call back.
Speaker 3: She just rudely hung up in my face. I don't care who am I speaking with that.
Speaker 1: You're speaking with an associate of this company.
Speaker 3: This is Michael Lobenheimen with the Jersey Gazet Daily Home Journal. You were on a list of people to call today.
Speaker 1: Take me off your list.
Speaker 3: Know, this is the Jersey Is that Daily Home Journal?
Speaker 1: Jersey? Because a daily home.
Speaker 3: We have an we have an introductory offer a four dollars per week. I am the supervisor for four dollars per week, one dollar and one cent off me.
Speaker 1: You won't take me off your your mailing list, and that you're going to call me back tomorrow. That is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 3: Yes, I am. Then if you're not there tomorrow, we'll get you on Monday.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, okay, I will call the the Better Business Bureau and I will report you.
Speaker 3: I will take this as a threat.
Speaker 1: I'm asking you to remove me from your phone calling list, and you you.
Speaker 3: Refused, So you have a problem with that, sir?
Speaker 1: Yes, I do have a problem with that because you're calling a business. You're taking up my time and I don't appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Would you like our copies of the Jersey Gazet Daily Home Journal? No for this beautiful introductory offer of four dollars per week. No one cent off the news stand price.
Speaker 1: No, I would like you to stop calling my Okay, I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Call back again on Monday. Maybe you'll have a change of heart.
Speaker 1: No, do not call back on Monday. Major justin merrel Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is Michael up and Hima with a Jersey gazettel a Holmes journal.
Speaker 1: What part of stop calling do you not understand?
Speaker 3: Excuse me, so you're being very rude to me.
Speaker 1: You're being rude to me by calling my company over.
Speaker 3: I just want to sell you my paper.
Speaker 1: I don't want your paper.
Speaker 3: For this introduction. Your offer. I don't want you for this introduction, your eye.
Speaker 1: I don't want your paper. Okay, for this introduction calling my business, but for.
Speaker 3: This introductor your offer for four dollars per week off the newstand price, fifteen cents per day. That's a full dollar in one off the cover stand price.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Can I please have your name and address?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: And your credit card number? Please?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Do you like sports, sir?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 3: I don't sports. We've got a great sports section.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: How about the funnies, the funnies, the comics?
Speaker 1: Look, stop calling my company.
Speaker 3: Do you have a birthday? Sir?
Speaker 1: Stop calling my company.
Speaker 3: Our paper offers horoscopes too, that's great. Would you like a copy for your company? Maybe for the reception area? So are you ready to order our newspaper?
Speaker 1: I'm ready for you to stop calling me?
Speaker 3: Okay? Hello?
Speaker 1: Look, my secretary is currently on the phone with the police.
Speaker 3: Maybe the police would like a copy of our newspaper.
Speaker 1: I would really like you to stop calling me.
Speaker 3: We'll give you two years for the time to care what.
Speaker 1: Your offer is. Okay, I don't care what your papers. I don't want it. Where's your paper located?
Speaker 3: We're located out of Summit, New Jersey, Summit, New Jersey. We're trying to draw some new business, sir, for just four dollars.
Speaker 1: Pro it's not the way to draw a new business you add.
Speaker 3: Excuse me? You call me?
Speaker 1: What an act major justin merrow.
Speaker 3: For billing purposes? Is it? Michael Perry with one R or two?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to file a harassment charge against you. I'm going to call the police and I'm going to file a harassment charge.
Speaker 3: Okay, would you like our email address?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: What is it? You can go to our website.
Speaker 1: I'd be curious to see it.
Speaker 3: You can check us out at Z one hundred dot com. Because you've just been phone tapped.
Speaker 4: Michael Perry, Yeah, did you not send us an email to call your office and speak to your mom and phone tapperr because she hates telemarketers? Yeah, Well, why the hell are you falling into your own trap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you too. Funny Elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 3: This phone tab was pre recorded with the permission granted by all participates the
Speaker 1: Elvis Duran phone tap only on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show