Speaker 1: Welcome to the Second Day podcast. We're so glad you're here, especially on a lovely Friday.
Speaker 2: I'm happier than the other two girls that you're.
Speaker 1: Here, so you know, it's definitely a computation, Jose. So all right, here's your second day. It starts now.
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 2: What do you think is a good time of day for a first date to start first date? I don't know, six seven pm? Oh, your pm start early. It's dark so you don't have to worry about how you look that much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jeffrey really gets it in some people do a morning workout.
Speaker 1: He does the morning date and peaceful.
Speaker 2: No one's around to distract you swoop in, possibly steal your date away. Everyone's in bed. But I get it. Some people like them later on in the day. But one of our listeners, Vincent, says his date started too late and that could have been a problem for him. Vincent, Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 3: Don't get Jeffrey started. It started at six am? Is that what you're saying, Vincent?
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell us about when years started? How did that all happen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, honestly, it just took me by surprise. I met this girl, Jackie on a dating app, and I kind of liked how in her profile, like she had a lot of pictures of her with modern art, like she'd gone to like the MoMA in New York City or like the Dollar Museum and stuff, And I minored in art histories. I kind of like that, I guess a little bit.
Speaker 1: And it's an easy thing to talk about exactly.
Speaker 3: So is that what your opening line with her was was about like Jackson Pollock or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's something like that. I actually don't even remember. But I offered to meet her after work and then just got to like a bar from there or something, and she was pretty chill about that. Okay, that's cool, which was I thought, canna nice to be like, Okay, meeting you at your work already, that kind of was exciting to me.
Speaker 2: See, that's why my idea works so well, because you start the date and then go to work.
Speaker 3: Well, and we're going back to the early morning. I think that this is more happy hour time led to.
Speaker 2: The day because of the morning commute.
Speaker 1: I don't know was she working an overnight shift, what.
Speaker 2: Time was it?
Speaker 4: No, I mean I got there like six. Then I just kind of like sat outside of her work for a second because she kept on texting me like, oh, I have like this project deadline and it's going long and I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: How long were you waiting out there?
Speaker 4: I actually didn't see her until about nine pm.
Speaker 1: WHOA, what did you do? Do you take yourself to dinner?
Speaker 4: I should have right, I was starving? No, I mean I I just kept on waiting, and I was like watching TikTok I guess.
Speaker 2: Our TikTok at Brooke and Jeffery.
Speaker 3: I love when every time there's a moment his eyebrows raised like I can plug it.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you following it. So what did you two do? Speaking of YouTube, we're.
Speaker 3: Also I mean, why didn't she just reschedule like that?
Speaker 1: Crazy? Or why didn't it? Why didn't you?
Speaker 4: It was just one of those things where it kept on getting pushed, so like every ten to fifteen minutes, she was like, Okay, I think we're wrapping up, and then she would apologize and then she was still I felt like she felt really bad about it all. So I kept on like, no, no, don't worry. You know you work. It's busy. I understand, like sometimes I have late nights as well, but she.
Speaker 2: Would have felt like she had blown it if you had canceled on the date at the last second.
Speaker 1: I don't know that, and I'm sure she.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, when you finally meet her, is she totally fried? Like she's now been working like a twill hour day over time.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what happened when she finally like came downstairs. She just kind of looked totally exhausted, but she still wanted to go out, And I said, you want to just call it? She was like, no, no, no, you waited all this time, like let's go at least for a drink or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it shows you that she's considerate, bro, I mean she knows. She's like, she's so aware.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We talked to have no idea what.
Speaker 1: It sounds like.
Speaker 3: She I mean, I have this tendency too, where you think you have all this time. She sounds like a terrible time management. She should have even planned a date for that night.
Speaker 2: So I mean, did you end up actually going out with her or was that it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, we did.
Speaker 4: We you know, we got to the bar and we had a good time, and we have to like we played this random game. We just came up with it. At the time. We were called art or not art, where we just like pointed at random things in the bar or random.
Speaker 2: But let's talk about the fun parts of the date though.
Speaker 1: It is fun art or not art?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's just a table, nothing else to talk about, all right? What was the most fun piece of art in the bar?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I kind of like noticed this one kind of schlubby looking guy who was in the corner and he was kind of like doubled over his drink a little bit, and I pointed at that. I was like, do you think that's art? But like the way that the light was kind of projected from above him, I thought was very artistic, and she did as well. Look, it's overweight statue of David.
Speaker 2: If you guys bonded over it, then all the power to you. So how did the night right?
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, I mean I feel we played that. Her energy still was super low. Even after the market.
Speaker 2: She was over guy under the fluorescent lights didn't get her all jazzed up.
Speaker 1: I think she wanted to play nap or no, nap. It's just such a bad night to catch her on.
Speaker 2: Man, how'd you leave it?
Speaker 4: It kind of just ended super abruptly, like I suggested changing venues or I had a couple of friends who were going out to a different bar, and she just kept on kind of turning everything down and yawning, and so it was just like a weird ending. She just kind of like hugged.
Speaker 2: Me and cuddled up underneath the drunk guy was like, just leave me here. Yeah, me and him can kind of. Yeah, So, how long has it been since you last talked to her.
Speaker 4: It's been essentially like four or five days.
Speaker 2: Okay, she may have just been she's just in a big recovery nap.
Speaker 3: If she had a huge project for work, she may have still been swamped.
Speaker 1: She just hasn't had time.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna call her in just a few minutes here, and we're gonna tell her work. Isn't that important you need to.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's a good life.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you the blow off her work plans and go out with you one more time when we get your second date update right after that. Hold on, Okay, Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Second Date updates.
Speaker 2: It's the first date that was worth the weight.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean not really.
Speaker 2: At least that's what we're hoping for in the end, right because one of our listeners, Vincent, says he sat in his car outside of Jackie's work for three hours.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I just assumed he was like a coffee shop or something. He sat in his car this entire time.
Speaker 2: I thought that's what he said. Oh, I didn't realize that either. Actually, let me ask him, Bro, you were in your car? Vince? Were you in your car all time?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: You made it sound so much more pathetic, Jeffrey, you know what.
Speaker 2: Let's start it again. One of our listeners, Vincent was sat in the vicinity.
Speaker 1: Of her work.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, three hours for her to finish, so that they could hit the.
Speaker 1: Bars together, just watching TikTok videos.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of commitment from a guy that most women would dream of. Your husband wouldn't wait three hours for you to do anything?
Speaker 1: Oh that kind of But see that's I wouldn't blame him. I would wait for three hours for him too. Available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good committed is the type of guy that Vincent is. So we're all eager to help him. But Vince, first we got to do a couple of prank calls. If you could just hold on for.
Speaker 4: That's very funny. I'm not waiting for the.
Speaker 2: Learning from his lesson. That's all you can ask for.
Speaker 4: Least there really quick and then I can wait a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Bro't you're too nice. You have so much.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your openness for us. Vincent, we're going to do our best year. We're going to call Jackie.
Speaker 4: You ready, yeah, super ready?
Speaker 1: Things.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, we're looking for jackiey. Hey, Jackie, you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Jackie.
Speaker 2: What's up? Surprise? Yeah, that's surprise. Good question. We do a segment on this show called a second Date Update. I'm not sure if you're familiar with that, but we try to help out listeners who've gone out with someone recently and are having trouble setting up a second date. And so you went now with a guy named Vincent who wants to see you again.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think about Vincent?
Speaker 5: I mean, he's a very nice guy here.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's just like that description always like if you were to describe a girl as like.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's a very nice woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the same thing. No one wants to be nice. You're not one hundred percent in on Vincent yet.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I don't know if I like anybody.
Speaker 1: So it's not Vincent, it's just people.
Speaker 2: Sure, humans, Okay, I think a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people can relate to that sentiment.
Speaker 2: Before we walk down the lonely path with you, can we go back to the date night because Vincent says you made him wait for three hours outside of your work. Yeah, he wasn't complaining about that, but he just said that he was willing to wait for that long in order to see him, and that's a long time for a guy to wait.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Well, so.
Speaker 5: I kind of lied. I wasn't actually at work. Really, what.
Speaker 3: He said that you were texting the entire time and you're like you had some deadline and kept going later, I.
Speaker 5: Know I was. I was at home in my pajamas with my cats, reading a book's d I was just like kind of hoping he'd just give up after a while. And you know, oh.
Speaker 2: Man, why why did you want him to give Like he made this whole plan with you.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the thing. I really like the idea of dating and having a boyfriend and going out and having a great time. But like in my heart of hearts, I am just a homebody and like it gives me a little bit of stress to go out. And I was like, maybe he'll just stop texting and be like, oh, okay, it sounds you're working too late.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, you just like it's way more stressful to lie to someone for three hours and.
Speaker 1: Feel terrible about it. I assume it felt bad, right.
Speaker 5: Like I did. And that's why I like, I reput on my work close and I drove to my office because he's like waiting around like a bar break by my office. So I was like, okay, he's gonna see me, not come out of my office. So like I snuck into Oh my god.
Speaker 2: When she was tired on the date, she was literally in bed right before it started.
Speaker 1: Did you have I mean, did you have any fun on the date?
Speaker 5: I mean like yeah, he's very nice and I mean he waited, I guess, and fun and he like did this thing because I liked art and stuff. He did this thing where we were we got.
Speaker 2: The full art breakdown. Yeah, overall, what it comes down to it sounds like you wish you could have a boyfriend, but when it comes down to actually doing it and actually going through with the dates, right, you would rather not be doing any of that.
Speaker 5: My dream date is like, sit on the couch and watch a movie.
Speaker 2: We're going to adjust your dream date to being surprised on the radio by a mystery man on the other line who wants to talk to you. Who's that, Oh, yes, it's Vincent. Yeah, and I spell it out, Yeah, he's there.
Speaker 4: I've been here. I'm just trying to process.
Speaker 2: What's going through your head. Vincent.
Speaker 1: I you mad?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not mad. I'm just more just confused of like, why didn't you just say I'm just not feeling it. That just seems so much easier.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, because I was like, I've said it to people in the past and they've just kind of been a kind of so I this was avoiding all of that awkwardness, And I was like, it'll be so much easy or for you to make the decision not to hang out.
Speaker 2: Oh, then you'll.
Speaker 1: Feel less guilty and you canceled and be stating both people want to.
Speaker 2: Bail, you want to apologize for not bailing sooner on the date.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, maybe maybe I should have bailed. I guess maybe I should have had that sort of like self respect earlier on.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go, don't go too hard on yourself.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm almost off I'm almost offive.
Speaker 5: And I didn't realize, you know, how how much someone would want to go out on a date with me.
Speaker 4: I go, you're worthy of a date.
Speaker 5: It was, which is why I mean, I put my pants on, and when.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of women are willing to do that for guys that you got a girl to put her pants on instead of take them off, you know, for you.
Speaker 4: But now it's now it just kind of feels like indicative of a larger problems, Like let's say we do enter in a relationship, you know, or let's say something actually does get tougher in our relationship. Are you just gonna shut down like that in a larger capacity, Like, God.
Speaker 1: Don't think about that stuff. I thought you were just saying to think about, Like what if there's a cool party and she doesn't want to go with me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. Like if I'm comfortable with the person, it's it's much easier to turn off the loud noise in the in the outside. But I you know, I don't know people on first dates.
Speaker 2: It's just like the first, second, third dates are a little.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, dating it's hard. Right now, you can you can kind of understand that, right, Vincent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dating is really hard. I know that because I waited three hours for.
Speaker 2: Good job.
Speaker 3: Well, they both went through pain that night, and maybe it brought you guys closer together.
Speaker 2: It's possible. And Vincent, if if you heard Jackie, she likes to do stuff at home, don't you maybe want to like snuggle up, watch the Netflix, dude, put on your pj's.
Speaker 4: Some of the best aids I've ever had were all delivery, all on a couch, just talking.
Speaker 1: You can go pants on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could pay for I do like that. You know. I'm not a total extrovert by any means.
Speaker 2: I think we're we have some good momentum here, and that's why I want to offer to send you guys on another date on us. Yeah, we'll give you an Uber eats tab so you can deliver food in car.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe like a daytime date, just so like it's not after a long day of work and I'm.
Speaker 1: Tired and hold yourself accountable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I see what she's doing. He's going to show up to her apartment and she'll already be back at work. Then she'll have to sneak into apartment through the back way through the fire escape.
Speaker 3: It does feel a little strange. I mean, only say yes if you really want to go, Jackie, please.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, I mean I got to get out of my comfort zone. And now that you already know my entire story, I don't have to explain it to you anymore.
Speaker 2: Vincent, she was open and honest. She's a little bit socially anxious when it comes to first dates. But now that you've got the first one out of the way, the second one should be super easy. What do you think.
Speaker 4: I think as long as it's like an uber each thing or whatever, you give it to her and put it in her court.
Speaker 1: Oh you want her to make the effort. She's going to order without you.
Speaker 2: Yourself. Classic a Lexus movie.
Speaker 3: Reoking Jeffrey in the morning?
Speaker 2: Man, were you guys thinking what I was thinking the entire call?
Speaker 1: Like, why was it he so angry that she lied to him for three hours? Anyway? So time?
Speaker 2: Oh no, not that I was wondering, did we just get off the phone with the female Jose.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, because you're so right.
Speaker 2: The idea of having a significant other is obviously amazing, spot on, But when it finally comes time to have a free night, oh god, they would rather stay home, avoid the crowds, or and stream a show, fall asleep with their hand and the right.
Speaker 1: How many fridays does he tell us? I'm like, what are you doing this week? He's like, well, you know, this girl isn't on a date.
Speaker 2: I finally have a Friday night off.
Speaker 1: I got some time off. I want to stream a stream game. I want a girlfriend so bad.
Speaker 2: If you want to skip all that and just marry me, text to seven eighty.
Speaker 1: Five nine two. All right, let's have a cute family. I'm sure that'll work out.
Speaker 2: We're accepting proposals now, but I won't be at the wedding. By the way, if you got to take a nap, fair warning. If you want to get a second date update that, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back and check out all of our second day podcasts up wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey