Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for being here and taking a break from all that basketball. I know that's what you've been doing. I've been hiding in a different room from a husband all weekend. I want to get back to Yeh, it's Brock and Jeffrey. You found the Second Date podcast and we're so glad you're here. You know, Sundays are really starting to be kind of a grab bag. What are you going to get in terms of relationship drama?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's today, Brooke? What did I have? Well? Today we're going to introduce a second that we like to call textual healing. Yeah, and how would you explain that?
Speaker 3: Jose You need to text someone, you need some advice, You don't know what to say, so you hit us up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. That made it sound kind of boring. Yeah, I promise a lot more drama to come. Let us know what you think in the comments, and of course, don't forget to subscribe and follow. All right, let's get it started.
Speaker 2: Under the umbrella of forbidden love. Assuming that you are single. Okay, who in your life should you never ask out?
Speaker 4: You're male? Man, Maybe that's not a big deal.
Speaker 3: Well, they can mess your mail.
Speaker 1: I don't nice cat nice.
Speaker 2: Cat, but you know he's been around the block a few times, so literally probably not your grandpa's best friend.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 2: Well again to experienced, you'd never be able to keep up.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't care how rich is.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners is thinking about crossing into the forbidden love zone because she had a moment in a school gymnasium, and now she needs our help before this chance disappears.
Speaker 1: Forever got to be the janitor.
Speaker 4: We'll find out.
Speaker 2: You'll hear why it's going to be more than a little awkward in a brand new textual healing that's coming up right after this text will Healing Textual. Of all the places that we want you to put your fingers, maybe the number one place is on your phone.
Speaker 4: Not for me an it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: No, we want you to run those digits all up and down your screen as we help you craft the perfect text message right here for our segment Textual Healing.
Speaker 1: I love this segment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you haven't heard it before, it's where we help listeners who are stuck and not sure what to write to somebody in their life. We'll work with you to come up with something passable.
Speaker 4: That is our vow to you.
Speaker 1: I have a standard. I saw you're going to say something passive aggressive, which I'm like, that's also probably true.
Speaker 4: That's always on the table for us.
Speaker 2: And which listener has emailed the show today requesting our gentle textual touch. Her name is Misty, So let's welcome or Misty, welcome to the Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Hi, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Hi guys, Misty, are you at an airport right now? Yeah, there's a lot.
Speaker 5: Going on right here. Okay, okay, how's this?
Speaker 4: That sounds a lot better?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, amazing, great. I'm so sorry that they're.
Speaker 4: Good, Nisty.
Speaker 2: So tell us what may you email the show? And how can we help heal you textually?
Speaker 5: Okay? So I want to send a text to my daughter's teacher.
Speaker 1: Daughter's teacher. Yeah, be awkward.
Speaker 5: It's a little awkward. So here's the lowdown. So my daughter is graduating elementary school. She's in fifth grade.
Speaker 4: Don't cry. Don't cry. It happens to every child I know. To be there to cry.
Speaker 5: I'm doing my best, but I am a little bit happy about it because I had to go to the school to help decorate for an event, and one of her teachers was there and we kind of like had a moment.
Speaker 2: We're good at that moment with what type of Yeah, describe this moment to us and don't spare any details.
Speaker 5: We were we were just decorating together and we started really hitting it off and we had a lot of common and we we had like sort of a heart to heart situation where it got like a little deeper than a teacher conversation, like some chemistry in there.
Speaker 1: I've gone out drinking with some of my kids parents or kids teachers, you know, like chemistry, but like you can be friends or just people, right, Is that what you mean?
Speaker 2: Enough with how Brooke alienates herself at her children's school, Let's talk more to Misty here, hang out, mister, give us what's the lowdown with this teacher?
Speaker 4: Are we talking guy?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 4: Married? Single? What's the situation?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: That's what Alexis wants to know.
Speaker 5: So he is a guy, he's single. I am divorced as of like a little over a year.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's a good time to start dating, right sing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I don't know, I'm just like kind of ready to get back out there. And I feel like we have this moment and I need you guys to help me craft a text to this teacher because I am way too embarrassed at him.
Speaker 4: Wait. Wait, do you feel like there was a little bit of flirting.
Speaker 3: You want us to crap a text to push it into flirt mode or like, hey, I'm throwing the vibe out.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And I think it's a really good time too, because I didn't want to get involved with anything that matter while my daughter was still at school. It would have been really awkward. And now that she's graduating, I feel like it's good timing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your daughter would have got better grades in school though, if you're dating back.
Speaker 4: But that's fine if you want to avoid the awkwardness.
Speaker 1: The thing is is you don't want to come off as like a divorce mom hitting on the hot teacher. I mean, I just am thinking that he gets it all the time, and I'm not saying don't do it. It's just that I could see better than the rest of the divorce Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what's this teacher's name.
Speaker 5: The teacher's name is Nick. Nick.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what do we write to Nick to put it out there that now that her daughter is going to be graduating from elementary school.
Speaker 4: She is open for business.
Speaker 3: Interesting start, it would be to compliment him about how well he taught her daughter, like you mentioned the kid.
Speaker 4: I think it's a good thought, Jose.
Speaker 2: But then she then she comes off as like the mom to the daughter and he's the teacher, like you solidifies that relationship exactly.
Speaker 1: You're re establishing the professional part.
Speaker 2: We need to bring out her sexual side. Yeah, now, Brook you.
Speaker 1: I don't know they were decorating that gym.
Speaker 4: Did you like my balloons? Oh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, if you like a restraining order to put against you that one.
Speaker 1: I think honestly, you just start with something really simple, like I had so much fun with you the other day.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, that situation happened like a few months ago. I seed him a lot because I'm like involved in the classroom. But that was like a moment that happened a little while ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about you just hold on.
Speaker 2: Let's hear what Alexis would say. What would your mom say to one of your teachers?
Speaker 5: I don't want to know know what Barb would do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, maybe you text bargain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can get her advice on it while we what we brainstorm some more.
Speaker 1: What if you just okay, because it is kind of out of the blue, right, like you haven't talked about hanging out outside of school, can you just start with I have a crazy idea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like I like the idea brook of leaving it open ended where it's like I have a big question to ask, or like I have a crazy idea, something that's going to get him interested and make him respond, and we exactly we need him to respond.
Speaker 4: So that would be perfect.
Speaker 5: Then if it goes bad, you could just say a class pizza party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to keep the eject button on the table though, No.
Speaker 3: Alexandra, we should have a backup an eject button.
Speaker 4: Ready. How do you feel about that, Misty?
Speaker 5: No, that sounds good. That sounds like like a neutral in Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, other divorced moms in your school are thinking this way. So let's start typing something out.
Speaker 5: So I'm putting I have a crazy idea, and I'm gonna say I feel like we no, no, no.
Speaker 4: On the table.
Speaker 1: No, that's it. That's all you say.
Speaker 5: Does I have a crazy idea? Period?
Speaker 2: No? Dot dot Yeah, I've been I've been thinking about something for a while, and I have a crazy idea dot dot dot dot.
Speaker 1: Any emojis or even that like little excited kind of blushy persons. Okay, to leave it to Jack Button, senior citizen.
Speaker 4: Grandma, all right, so let's not do that.
Speaker 3: We could just send the grandma mode.
Speaker 1: My mom sent sensual lips for a long time, thinking that they were just regular kisses.
Speaker 2: So, okay, reinforcing emojis are a bad idea. Let's just go emoji liss on this one.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it? Should I send it?
Speaker 1: Yes, let's go.
Speaker 5: Okay, I sent it.
Speaker 1: All right, you're freaking out. You don't need to freak out yet.
Speaker 4: That's not what we wanted to say. We got her. You're gonna be fine. We've ripped the band aid off.
Speaker 2: Now we just have to wait and see if teacher Nick responds to you. When we come back and continue with more textual healing. Try to score you a date right.
Speaker 1: After this textual healing one A one, Jeff, that's right, we're.
Speaker 4: Doing it right after this.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, we're in the middle of textual healing. Talking to a mom whose daughter is about to graduate from elementary school. She's been divorced for about a year now and felt like she had a moment with her daughter's teacher while they were setting up decorations at school together. Teachers also single. Yeah, and she has now come to us asking for help because her daughter isn't going to be going to school there soon once she graduates, and now she's trying to put out the vibe over text that she is interested.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if this works out and you bring home your daughter's fifth grade teacher as your boyfriend.
Speaker 5: I mean, missy, that's the dream, right, It is kind of the dream I'm not going to I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you know, he's good with kids and he can help with all her homework that you don't get.
Speaker 3: Vibes down. But remember we're still talking to a guy. It is hard for us to know when girls are hitting on us, So we're gonna have to spell this out and.
Speaker 2: Be creative, especially teachers who always want to keep it professional whenever they're talking to parents, so there's a little bit of an.
Speaker 4: Extra barrier there.
Speaker 2: We've already sent one text that said I've been thinking about something for a while and I have a crazy idea dot dot tell us.
Speaker 1: He responded, please okay, so, he said.
Speaker 5: He responded, he said, hey, best room mom in the world, love to hear it. Dot dot what you got?
Speaker 4: Okay, school, he called.
Speaker 1: He still thinks that her idea is going to be like a pizza party, like you said, Alexa and Jeff.
Speaker 4: Maybe he can't assume he's a teacher. He can't go like, yeah, he's her.
Speaker 2: Maybe pizza parties are his love language though, so we're still he is, you know, he's an elementary school guy.
Speaker 4: After you.
Speaker 1: Well, I think right now you need to establish that you're not talking as the room mom right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a room pair.
Speaker 1: And I get it. You know, you need to be like, actually, this idea is for outside the classroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm taking my room mom clothes off.
Speaker 3: Slowly.
Speaker 1: I think you say, hat just one article of clothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe that's a good way to start. Actually, I'm taking my room mom hat off right now, and.
Speaker 1: My idea is for outside the classroom.
Speaker 4: Yes, I actually like this.
Speaker 5: Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 3: Should we do emoji? Is there like a celebration emoji like where they're blowing up.
Speaker 1: Oh, sexy red lady dance emoji?
Speaker 4: What about just the smirk? Maybe like smirky guys.
Speaker 3: That Yeah, what do you think, miss full purple devil? But it's flirty, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, I like, Okay, go ahead and send that.
Speaker 1: This work makes up for the hat comment.
Speaker 4: Yes, it makes it sexyer. I'm a mom, but I'm a fun mom. Yeah, so there we go.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I said it.
Speaker 1: My god, you can't go back from sir emoji. No you can't.
Speaker 4: No, you can what really? Yeah? Hell you could say your finger slipped?
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody angry swearing right now, that's what I meant to say.
Speaker 1: My daughter got a hold of my phone. Just do poop emoji? What my kids like?
Speaker 4: You know, he's a teacher.
Speaker 2: He'll buy it's out there basically, or at least you're starting to put the vibe out there.
Speaker 3: We're stepping away from room mom into just regular mid.
Speaker 1: For him to like process right, because this is a shock to him to get this.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, wait, wait he's totally running back like wait wait wait.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's writing she didn't say the word.
Speaker 3: Are you guys gonna do it?
Speaker 4: No? I don't say it unless I hear the word. Okay, okay, okay, it's rules.
Speaker 1: There's rules to that song?
Speaker 4: Did he send it?
Speaker 5: He answered? Yeah? Okay, so what does he say? Oh my god? Okay, so it says, oh, does this have anything to do with the top secret mission Ava told me about last week? So weird? That's my daughter, your daughter?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have a top secret mission or the teacher.
Speaker 1: As a top No, No, her daughter does? What do you know? What do you know what he's talking about with your daughter? Actually?
Speaker 5: I have no idea. That is so weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe the wires are getting crossed here. He's probably thinking of something different than the conversation we're trying to have with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, it's about kids in school? I got Does this guy not know what a smirk emoji.
Speaker 4: Is a good teacher?
Speaker 2: Guy? Next time, we're having all the pervy teachers from when I was done, bring them.
Speaker 1: Back with weird lunch visit hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so sorry, we're hating on your crush now.
Speaker 1: Next week, I thought we got to get him off the kid thing.
Speaker 2: No, Well, what is this top secret mission that her daughter is talking to her teacher about?
Speaker 4: Though? Shouldn't we ask what that is?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I would love to know what that is, because if that's something like weird and creepy that I don't know about. That's scary to be weird and creepy. What's the top secret mission?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Did you already? Did you already text that back?
Speaker 5: I sent it? I asked him what the top secret mission was?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Now I feel like we're really going far away from the flirting.
Speaker 2: Did you put another smirk on the end of the top secret mission text?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 5: I didn't this time.
Speaker 2: We can always jump up to the purple devil emoji if you get a real desperate I mean, it's.
Speaker 3: It's risky, but no, I think you got scenario.
Speaker 1: For that really literal with this guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, this one go dots dots, dots, dot dot.
Speaker 4: Okay, it wrong, but.
Speaker 1: That's the right way to do it in one way is with energy and five.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did he right?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 5: She touched you back?
Speaker 4: What's the secret mission?
Speaker 5: So he goes. Ava keeps coming in at recess and telling me you talk about me at dinner and I should ask you out already?
Speaker 4: What Wait? No, I am so embarrassed for you. Your daughter. Your daughter's going in and saying ask my mom out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why wouldn't you? It's her favorite teacher? Oh god, you know kids can't keep secrets. This is perfect.
Speaker 2: Why do you guys think, mister this must be so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: She took all your playing cards away from you.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna write back?
Speaker 5: I don't even know she's my whole dame. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, mistery.
Speaker 2: Here's the good news is that he wouldn't have said that to you if he wasn't interesting. Did the fact that he's bringing it up means that he feels like it's a safe thing to talk about in.
Speaker 4: The middle year.
Speaker 1: You need to put embarrassed face emoji and then just say, oh my god, my daughter just blew up my game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's grounded for life.
Speaker 3: And you and I have a date.
Speaker 1: Men.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't go to sexy with it.
Speaker 1: I think you say, oh my god, I'm so embarrassed emoji the hands over the eyes. Oh yeah, either.
Speaker 5: I put the hands of the eyes just because it's a little more embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then just like how she called me out or something.
Speaker 2: One thing that I know is good to get people to respond is like, I don't even know what to say, dot dot dot Very true, because then it puts it.
Speaker 4: In his court.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I sent it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you guys, this is perfect. He's that is such a flirty thing for him to say back to it.
Speaker 4: It really is.
Speaker 1: But your daughter's gonna have some really unrealistic expectations about this date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also you probably need to have a conversation with your daughter about what needs to stay at the dinner table and what gets shared with everybody in life.
Speaker 5: I'm only wondering that my mind is just like spinning with what else her Teachers know.
Speaker 4: You don't like the table like you.
Speaker 1: You know, teachers know everything. Yeah, the kid's got the biggest mouth.
Speaker 5: He did reply. Okay, so he says, he said, yeah, she said you were going to reach out to a radio show about it and call me. Oh my god. Wait, he already said, he said you were going to reach out to a radio show and call me. So I want to avoid that. Oh boy, he said.
Speaker 1: Friday, he's still on the radio.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: The good news is misty. He asked you out.
Speaker 1: It sounds and you know what, we usually didn't need our help. Ava had your back the whole time. Your daughter's got you, man.
Speaker 5: I can't I don't believe his work.
Speaker 1: They give us an update after the date. I want to hear how cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh absolutely, or my daughter will call you in.
Speaker 2: That's a successful textual healing. If you're too shy to do a second date or anything else that involves phone to phone conversations, a bunch of email us and we can.
Speaker 4: Help text your problems away. That's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.