Speaker 1: She's better known for the things that she does on the mattress. Whoa, And then she changed the lyrics to he was a moth to the flame. She was holding the mattress whoa.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I like the slutshame version better.
Speaker 2: She's sheen a me, no mate, not my mate?
Speaker 3: Yo yoo?
Speaker 2: No, what is your child?
Speaker 1: I am a shocker?
Speaker 2: You know what's going down? Before like.
Speaker 1: Round. I saw this clip on Twitter the other day. Sorry X no, we're not calling at that, We're going And it was when Riverdale ended and someone was like, I'm going to miss the show, and it was a clip of one of the moms going up to one of the other moms and being like, I heard your daughter was getting slut shamed at school. That's what happens when sluts get shamed, which I thought was very funny.
Speaker 2: Riverdale is amazing, honestly, I mean just a small just a small aside. I watched many seasons of Riverdale. I don't know if the Virgins know this about me. I became very obsessed. I think up until season four, right around the time where Archie gets sent to like penitentiary prison and like plays basketball with all of his prisonmates, and I think.
Speaker 1: That does any gay stuff happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think that the one gay guy on the show has like is like in a kind of grinder relationship at this point. And I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: No, but no gay stuff happens with Archie in prison.
Speaker 2: I don't think. No, not with Archie. No, not with Archie. Well that's the thing is, like I know, maybe one of them gets like yeah, I don't know, no, but Archie's never gay. And when the show ended and I haven't been keeping up, it's apparently gone.
Speaker 3: Off off the off, the off the rails, like like it's now just multiple universes horror fantasy, like everybody fucking everybody.
Speaker 2: And in the final episode they revealed that the four of them Betty Juughhead, Archie and Ica and Camilla Mendez Ken does are We're in a quad relationship, which is essentially a poly foursome. And that is so disrespectful, so disrespectful to goad us with a polyphor way and not show us Jughead taking it up the bum bum like sorry, like that is rude. I needed someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does it make you mad enough to want to kill someone?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh yeah, I forgot we're here to talk about so anyways, once again there's an adderall shortage.
Speaker 1: Right, don't worry. I will be your adderall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll be my adderall be on adderall.
Speaker 1: So we are here today to talk about the two thousand and three film Kill Bill and sequel kill Bill two, directed by Quentin Tarantino, starring Uma Thurman, Fox and Lucy Lou. Yes, we recently. Well, I watched the first movie a couple weeks ago, and then Fran and I watched part two last week. And I hadn't seen Kill Bill in over a decade.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you, when these movies came out, I made them my whole personality.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I also I had cousins that were obsessed with them, that were like film people, and so I become obsessed with them kind of tangentially. Yeah, I I what do you What did you latch onto about them? Well?
Speaker 1: I think the Well, okay, let's be real. First of all, it's all about kill Bill one. Yeah, all of the iconic visuals, lines, sequences are all in the first movie, and the second movie feels like a very long coda in many ways. There are good moments, but it's all about the first movie. It's about the yellow jumpsuit. It's about the anime scene. It's about it's about a tear the fucking bitch apart. It's about Nikiya Niki so good. I love that Vivica a Fox. Let's have us a knife fight. Yeah, it's about fucking when she cuts the arm off that bitch. It's about the band in the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's about that the lucy luccene in the boardroom. Oh yeah, the guy. Now, it's the fucking time.
Speaker 1: It's about silly coccade Asian girl likes to play with Samurai.
Speaker 2: So yes, okay, So here's the thing. I I feel like, Okay, no, Quentin Tarantino, But unfortunately these films are like we're are like cinematic invention and like totally genius on the format level. A lot of the time.
Speaker 1: He put his whole.
Speaker 2: Into that, And like, we hate Quentin Tarantino, but we're not going to deny the fact that these are good fucking films.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even all the lingering shots of feet. Yeah, and I think that wiggle wiggle you're big.
Speaker 2: You know that, quin No, not let me not go there.
Speaker 4: Oh you know, oh god, he's big, big, Okay.
Speaker 2: I I think it's lovely that the films are called Volume one and Volume two, because obviously, in American cinema we treat everything as like a sequel, a sequel, a sequel, it's a reboot, and it's like no, in actuality, these two films are one film, and I personally, when I watch them, like, I view them as one film and Volume two is a just as you said, like a denu mat to the rest of the story, and therefore is kind of boring it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, like it makes me wonder should it just have been edited in order of the kills or But because the thing is, the end of the first film is perfect, perfect, and the climax and the ending with Lucy Lou is the way that first movie should end. But it's not the end of the story. That's actually that's her first kill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, well she kills Vivica.
Speaker 1: No, I think she's already killed Lucy when she kills Vivica a fox?
Speaker 2: What hold on?
Speaker 1: Let me let me pull up I think, so, let me pull up her kills kill bill kill list. Yeah, Oren is shee is number one, So it's Oren Vernita bud Elle and Bill got it, so that would have Yeah, you can't start the movies with her killing Oren, because that is the most exciting part of both films.
Speaker 2: These are based on a comic book.
Speaker 1: Right, No, no, no, They're based on a character that Quentin Tarantino and Uma Thurman created together because you know, they had worked together on pulp fiction. They were great friends, and they sort of conceptualized this idea of the bride together and made these movies.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's so cool, it's so cool. It's how films should be made. It makes me so mad at that Quentin Tarantino is such a piece of shit. But honestly, well, okay, I don't want to go right into the negative. But we already talked about how much we love these films.
Speaker 1: So well, let's talk more about the why they gripped us the way. Yeah they did when we were teenagers, because I don't think I had like we've talked before about how there were certain movies or pop culture experiences that I had as a teenager that like opened me up to a specific side of pop culture, and like, you know, like I talked about how Garden State was really my introduction to indie movies and like that kind of like quieter, character driven story. And I do think for kill Bill, this was the first time I saw a film that was like like an outeur film, you know, like yeah, and also something that was so referential of an entire genre that I had never experienced before, which is, you know, like westerns and Mars Samurai movies and revenge films and martial arts movies. And it was the first time that I understood that filmmakers like existed in conversation with the movies that came before them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was also probably the first kind of utter film I ever saw, too, And I think that I felt like I was inspired to be a filmmaker because of in part Kill Bill, Wow Yeah and kill Bill, and also like Mulan Bruge, like Baslerman honestly, but like just like I just remember two maximalists Bosler you know me. I love maximalism. And the thing that I think really sticks to me about Kill Bill still to this day, as we just rewatched volume two and you just watch volume one, is that the visual language of the film is still so strong it stands on its own. Most of it is not derivative of anything. It's just like fully his art.
Speaker 1: Obviously, it's like I mean, it's derivative, but in a in a way reference full of reverence. Yes, obviously he has lots of reverence for Westerns and lots of reverence for these kind of like Eastern like martial arts movies, which you know, there's a whole other kind of like nuanced problema to conversation have about that that we're not going to have here on this podcast. But yeah, I just like I was so struck by the specificity. And I you know me, I like movies about revenge. I like movies about women. I like movies that are violent, and this has all of all of those things. It has everything. It has all these hot cunty women killing each other with swords, with swords with swords. Like there's so few guns used in this movie, which is something I really appreciate. Like obviously at the beginning there's a gun, but like it is so like all of these ideas about sort of like honor and revenge, and like there's no there's no morality placed on the bride aka Beatrix Kiddo for wanting her revenge, Like we we support her and I do think, said her killing spree.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is at a time when there was sort of a moralistic like view grafted onto mainstream media that we should be watching good people do like triumph over.
Speaker 2: Bad, especially women. Like yeah, oh like if if there's a woman character, she's not allowed to be bad or or a killer at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I loved that this character was a mother and was also like the most dangerous assassin in the world.
Speaker 2: It's so cool if only she had broken out her southern drawl that she brings into red wine and royal. Yeah. No, I really I love these movies. I feel like Go Go is my gender, Like I feel like I feel like there's something about.
Speaker 1: The Halloween costume for you go Go Ubari.
Speaker 2: It would I just like any sort of hard femme, Like there's something about the evil femme that I've always been attracted to, whether it's like Mole the Scent, or like Beatrix or Lucy Lou. Honestly, like these are I don't know. I just I'm addicted to stories like that, and it feels so basic sometimes because now we're seeing this twenty twenties kind of girl bossification of villains, which with things like I care a lot, which you very just you and I very much so disagree about. But like you know, the girl bossification of villains is like a very it's like they're treating it like it's new again. And Quan Tarantino, Quan Tarantina, what's like doing this a long time ago? Yeah, and like doing it without I mean I can't I can't say that I was aware of the media narrative around it at the time and like what they talked about, but there's not there doesn't seem to be any big ideas about feminism in these films. Yeah, it's really they are the type of violent revenge stories that had existed for decades, just with women placed in the lead roles and very little conversation about that.
Speaker 1: Like there were there were not a lot of moments in these movies where men were like devaluing or second guessing these women because they were women, like they were they were killers, yea, And like that was just presented in sort of a very matter of fact way that I think was pretty progressive for the time, but like didn't maybe we didn't try to like pat itself on the back for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And yeah, and also just like on top of the like the effortlessness of it all that you're kind of describing. On top of that, there's this thing that I just tend to love in movies. It's the thing that'll make me remember a movie is when a director understands how fucking weird they are and they figure out how to lean into it and that and that like kill Bill, these are weird movies, like really weird movies that do things that you are like, wait, what's happening sometimes if you're seeing it for the first time. And that's why, you know, I kind of loved Barbie or loved like everything everwhere all at once, or like when these movie when movies like this triumph, I'm always just like I love that a weird movie got somewhere, because these days, the only movies that are successful are the ones that are following formulas like I mean, we're gonna talk about Marvel again, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like and kill Bill was at the time was unlike anything that existed, and it.
Speaker 2: Was outside of obviously Western movies and like martial arts no, but.
Speaker 1: I mean movies that like mainstream films that were getting not a time and it was a huge hit like it Kill Bill dominated culture. I didn't even know that, and it was a huge success that had a thirty million dollar budget and the it made one hundred and eighty million dollars at the box office, so it was a huge hit and it was Tarantino's like biggest hit at the time. And I just remember like the references of it were everywhere because the the imagery of it is so iconic that I think it really permeated culture at the time, and they were like I was just obsessed with it, Like I wanted a Samurai sword.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 1: I wanted those like yellow Acex she was wearing. I actually did recently, but did their only Zuca tigers, and I did recently buy a pair of Oh yeah you.
Speaker 2: Did, and now I want them to I do feel like the movie, the Kill Bill movies did move me to go watch every subsequent Quentin Tarantino film, and I also watched pulp Fiction, which I thought was a little boring. I have not seen the most recent one he did another Western recently that I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: Well, I've the only movies of his I've seen are The Kill Bills, Pulp Fiction, and Once upon a Time in Hollywood. I've never seen Jackie Brown. I've never seen Reservoir Dogs.
Speaker 2: I thought he just produced that. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not. I can't say that. I'm like a huge fan of him, but these movies I am a fan of. Has he been canceled in any way?
Speaker 2: No? No, I mean not effectively. No. There are a bunch of women that came forward to talk about the ways they were maybe not treated correctly on set. But I think the fact that like Lupita has been silent, and that like Margaret Robbie was like weirdly defensive. She's like, no, no, no, I love being in movies where I only have five lines. It's like great, Like this is like so amazing.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh yeah, because she said nothing once upon a time.
Speaker 2: Noting anyways, it's infuriating. But no, I don't think he's been effectively canceled. And it's kind of wild because he really is a textbook abuser. And if you have seen literally any any interview with him, or if you've ever heard Fiona Apple talk about dating him, we all know he's a bad person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he also is sorry, horrendously.
Speaker 2: Ugly, horrendously ugly can we say that, thank you, but.
Speaker 1: You know, he may he put his whole pussy, he put his whole terranuzzy into at the very least kill Bill one, like kill Bill two, Kill Bill two feels the fact that there's two of them feels a bit masturbatory, oh and like indulgent. And I do think and I even remember as a teenager leaving the second movie, and it might have been the first time like as a like as like consciously as a young adult that I experienced like the disappointment of thinking that a piece of art was bad rather than just like I didn't like it. I think I left it being like, oh, that's not as good as it could have been, and helped me sort of like in building my like taste when it came to art. But yeah, I just remember like thinking it was really like unnecessary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were talking about it when we were watching it. And you know, if I'm thinking about the two of these movies as one film, which is kind of how I see that, I feel like only the last half of Volume two was when I was just like, all right, this is about as good as like the last thirty minutes of the Lord of the Rings trilogy which I think is extremely boring and unnecessary.
Speaker 1: The last thirty minutes of Kilbill two is like all talking. Yes, it's so allot Beatrix and Bill talking.
Speaker 2: And masturbatory is exactly the word. And these are these are the parts of the films where I'm just like, Okay, this was like during an era of movies where they let white men do literally anything they want with this script. And it's like these and then the male characters will just talk and talk and talk and talk, and there's always just a girl like sitting there like listening for like no reason, not saying anything. It's like, okay, Quentin Tarantino, Like, these are the parts where it's just like we we we get it, we get it, we get it. But I still loved Volume two. Well.
Speaker 1: The fight with Daryl Hannah is the best part of the movie. And when she snatches her eye out at the end, Wow, and Daryl Hannah screaming like after she's been pluck. Yeah, so good. And what Daryl Hannah is incredible? She an icon, She's so hot and I her. I was obsessed with her boots while we were watching the movie. And I really need a county pair of black pointy toe.
Speaker 2: You were on essence, Like as soon as those boots, I was like, yeah, I was sitting there watching the movie, like searching the essenil rest in peace, And.
Speaker 1: I still have not found a good pair of County l from kill Bill boots. But you know, I will keep looking. Who of all of the people on the kill list, on the kill list, who would you most want to fight or who would you be the most afraid to fight.
Speaker 2: I would be most afraid to fight Lucy Lou. I would want to fight Bud. Yeah, he was like I thought that when he buried her the in volume two, Like I just vividly remember that scene as a child in how Like it's very viscerally horrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the sound design is so really scary suffocating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really scary. And yeah, so him, I think is like he has like the most deserved revenge, Like I would love to kill also just a man, of course, what about you?
Speaker 1: I think I would also be the most scared to fight o Renihie just because she's sickening and she also has the most sort of infrastructure.
Speaker 2: Around her protecting her to kill eighty eight people? Wait, is it the crazy eighty eight the crazy idea? You have to kill eighty eight people before.
Speaker 1: And then who would I want to fight the most. I'm not necessarily saying like who who I think needs to die the most? But I would want to fight Vernita Green Vic Fox the most because that is like, there's a reason why that's the first fight in the movie, because it sets the tone so perfectly.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I love And the thing that I love about the tone throughout the film is this kind of like blistering violence, shock, horror, high sticks and then pause, joke, let's talk normal. It's funny that we're talking normal. We're actually just average people. We just also kill each other sometimes. Like it's so I just love that dissonance and the language.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the language, and like the monologuing, the way that people say things is so specific and like, yes, there are some very dark stuff that happens that's intercut with things that are very funny, like when you find out that the nurse of the hospital has been charging men to rape for years, but.
Speaker 2: Then the revenge becomes so much sweeter satisfying.
Speaker 1: Well, she when she kills both of them.
Speaker 2: And she's like, your.
Speaker 1: Name's Buck right, and you like to fuck right? And then kills him it's so satisfying.
Speaker 2: God it is. I love revenge fantasies. Revenge fantasy should be a mainstream genre. That is like busting the summer box offices.
Speaker 1: Also, without kill Bill, we would never have gotten the pussy Wagon and the telephone music video.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I forgot.
Speaker 1: And just for that, Tarantino deserves to have his ass. Ha no one lick, one lick, one lick, not by me, but by someone.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, He's had his ass like plenty of times.
Speaker 1: It's true, I am, but he's never cleaned it.
Speaker 2: He's never cleaned it. No, I mean, Fionda Apple probably hasn't eaten his hass. I think she loves herself a little too much. Do you think Tarantina Apple has eaten Tarantina's ass?
Speaker 1: Unfortunately? Unfortunately?
Speaker 2: I do think.
Speaker 1: If you were on a revenge quest, what would be your weapon of choice?
Speaker 2: Well, it's hard to not pick samurai sword. I would think maybe two twin swords would be pretty dope.
Speaker 1: Very like I'm playing right now has two swords. I would love twin steel s.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, silver steel for humans, got it, didn't I didn't know that Now I know I would definitely do twin swords, and my revenge fantasy would be against maybe a esthetician who botched a gender firming a piece of for me.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I don't mean to last because it's a joke, but it's not.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, Okay, let's talk about this. I have multiple nemesy. You do multiple, and I will not be naming them on this podcast. And because I really don't have that many, but I have tried and true people that if I saw them on the street, my face would turn red. And and who are those people?
Speaker 3: For? You?
Speaker 1: Can? You?
Speaker 2: Can you think of anybody? Actually? I think we saw one on.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I have who Oh yes, I wouldn't call him an nemesis.
Speaker 2: He kind of hime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, someone else called him an nemesis. He's not really my nemesis. That gives him a little too much power.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I had.
Speaker 1: An nemesis who died, but I had I've had no part in his death.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't even know who this guy is. Yeah, well we could cut it.
Speaker 1: But my nemesis was oh my anyway, God. So if I was going to go on a revenge spree, my weapon of choice, I think i'd want to do daggers because I did throw. I am like I don't have good eye coordination. But on a vacationion recently, we were playing darts and I was pretty good at it. So I like daggers because you can throw them. But then they're also for close up combat and it feels very personal when you stab someone with a dagger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does. You want to be right there seeing their eye color, smelling their their glossier, you perfume.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would be I don't think I would have a gun, but I would be very skilled in martial arts.
Speaker 2: I would love to be martial artist. I would also love a bow and arrow.
Speaker 1: What about a crossbow?
Speaker 2: No, I would want a bow an arrow, I would I would want my full like Catnus Legols fantasy. I think crossbow is too militant.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe I'll have an axe.
Speaker 2: I don't want anything that resembles give me. Oh, an axe would be.
Speaker 1: What would your okay so Beatrix Kiddo the bride, her iconic look is the yellow track suit. What would your iconic revenge fantasy look?
Speaker 2: Bem, do you have an answer for this? I'm thinking Schiparelli he had to toe gold armor SCHEPERELLI yeah, I think it's got I think it's got to be black leather, like classic black leather, a really cunty boot, like a long braid hanging down, because you know, you can't be fighting with your hair in your face. Yeah, it's got to be giving. Mortal Kombat, it's got to give. It be giving like street fodder, Frighter, it's got to be giving. Finish them, yeah, yeah, them, you know, finish them, them, Finish they them, finish Zezer.
Speaker 1: Finish folks. Would you feel comfortable with civilians dying in the line of fire in your quest for vengeance?
Speaker 2: If it was my fault, that would be pretty I would. I would probably have a existential crisis in okay. But but but if it was someone else's fault, I don't think I would. I would really hold on to that.
Speaker 1: Would you kill someone whose child was upstairs, like the to Bernita Green, and then would you tell the child that they could come seek vengeance from you?
Speaker 2: I thought that was very fair and balanced of her. And you know, just like, listen, if you're still mad about this, you can come find mommy.
Speaker 1: If you're still pressed, if you're so salty and.
Speaker 2: Can come, well, tell your mommy.
Speaker 1: And you know, Quentin Tarantino always said that he wanted to make a sequel years in the future, but I feel like recently he said something that like that's probably never gonna happen, really, which is such a Bummercuse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vivica's daughter like for volume three and volume four. That means it's an entirely new protagonist. And then Uma Thurman gets to be the big bad like that's fucking sick. That would be so oh my god.
Speaker 1: And then and then we could have Uma Thurman's daughter get all grown up.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know we cast India and everything, but Zindia would be would be so good and oh my god, wait wait wait total aside. Yes, I was supposed to talk about this and chit chat I did see The Greatest Showman. We need to talk about this in our next chit chat virgins. Don't worry, we'll talk about it. No no, no, not a full episode. But I have to tell you you loved it, No, I I love I thought that it was a near perfect, perfectly constructed film that is not really for me, that had excellent music and brilliant twists, and was well acted. It's just not really for me, but the music is so good. Anyways, I bring this up, right, I bring this up because in a future episode we'll talk about my many takeaways. But the biggest one of the one of the bigger takeaways that I took away was was first and foremost, Zendaia needs to be in a good movie, and she needs to be in a good musical. Like Greatest Showman is great, but it's not a good musical or a good movie for Zendaea.
Speaker 1: Kill Bill three the musical, That's what I'm saying, Kill Bell three the musical, Gil three the Musical Star but it's not directed by Quentin Taranty.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Well that's that. That's the other problem is that those movies couldn't be made because he would have his reckoning immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, Kill Bill three the Musical directed by Karen Kusama.
Speaker 2: He I feel like Quentin Tarantino high key made a whole ass other film that no one talked about. It was another Western that no one talked about. Wasn't it called like the Hateful Eight? It was after Django and Chained, Like when did Hateful Eight come out? I don't know, That's what I'm saying I think he's like fully making movies that no one talks about.
Speaker 1: Entry like Inglorious Bastards.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was actually really funny.
Speaker 1: I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that was like a successful Quentin Tarantino project because he's not trying to write for black people, which is like really hard. It's hard to hear the script sometimes on some of these other movies.
Speaker 1: The thing that sucks about Quentin Tarantino is obviously he's like probably a bad person. And you know, I'm not the kind of person who like measures my the things I like or alters the things I like based on other people who like them. But the worst men in the world love Quentin Tarantino, yep, and so and that is I don't like the intersection.
Speaker 2: I don't like being among the worst men I know.
Speaker 1: So that's why I'm glad that of his movies, the ones I love are the girly ones, you know. And I'm sure that all the fucking horrible dudes out there who love Tarantino don't love Kill Bill.
Speaker 2: Well, they probably like pulp fiction more, yeah, like which is sorry, a kind of boring movie, But they probably love reservoir dogs. The masturbatory man talking thing that is all pulp fiction, like talk doc talk talk talk talk talk. Oh my god. I mean it's funny because a lot of times, like the things that I love about Tarantino are also the things that I hate, because it is kind of lovely that at this time, like movies had looser reins and could be much longer, and dialogue could be longer because people's attention deafit sits and attention spans hadn't been like mortally, I don't know, wounded wounded by iPhones and the internet. But anyways, Quentin Tarantino haven't comeback.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding. Just if Quentin Tarantino came out as trans.
Speaker 2: Well, then I'm plugged in Mama, like move over which house? This is a new tour we women, oh one hundred percent. But the thing is, it has to be a trans name, and therefore, what if it's just Tina, Well, like Quentin Tarantina. Tarantina is really funny. Well, I was thinking of Q names, and I'm thinking about just like trans names in general, and how if he sorry, if she is trans, then she has to for her name pick a Greek goddess, a planet or an herb three joins or no, or a literary character or a literary character. So her name could be Quarrel, professor Quarrel, her ce names, her name could be, her name could be are there any other Quendola? There are no planets? Or Greek god, Queen Queen, Queen Queen Tarantina. Well, okay, do you want to hear something hilarious?
Speaker 1: Is so?
Speaker 2: I obviously like my If you don't know my dead name by now, you should be able to figure it out by my social media handle. I have been thinking about trying to figure out how to change my socially social media handled to Frans Skuishka. I would never because it's actually just two on the nose and two gimmicky. But like he should be, she should be named.
Speaker 3: Fuck.
Speaker 2: I give miss Gendering Quina Gwendola Tarantina.
Speaker 1: Gwendola.
Speaker 2: Gwendola's really funny. Gwendola Tarantina is actually her new name.
Speaker 1: Do you have a foot fetish?
Speaker 2: No, I don't have a foot fetish, but I will absolutely suck a clean foot if it's in my face, I will, and I will do it without being asked.
Speaker 1: You do you like having your toes suck.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sometimes it's a little too, it's a little less sexual and a little more ticklish. But I'm never gonna say no, what about you? This is a really great prompt.
Speaker 1: But I don't have a foot fetish. But I do have sort of a go to move, which is that if I'm like laying down and someone is between my legs, so to speak, doing something, I will almost oh and if this person has a dick, I will almost always reach my foot down, if not both feet to sort of dig in. Give a foot job. Give either with one foot sort of teasingly, or both feet and press them together and create a little channel.
Speaker 2: I've definitely given the suggestion of a foot job before, but it but the feet, definitely. I think that feet should be insects. And I think that if you are deterred by feet or just body parts in general, like I mean, just wash it, Just wash the foot and eat it.
Speaker 1: I just sometimes feel insecure about my feet because I get I get callouses.
Speaker 2: Well, my foot are tore up, Mama, I'm having foot issues. I have like bunyans, I have calluses, and because of all the foot where I use their.
Speaker 1: Scars, you gotta wiggle your big toe.
Speaker 2: I got to wiggle my big toe. No, I have to get one of those like full foot masts that like like we're fish like eat off the top three like layers of my skin.
Speaker 1: That is terrifying to me. Do you think I could do it?
Speaker 2: Is that actually? Does that actually work? Ers that like a fad a fad? Okay, then I'm going because my feet are I mean, you've seen my feet.
Speaker 1: I got a pedicure last weekend and they did not go hard enough on my calluses. Oh oh, I gotta be, I gotta be.
Speaker 2: I gotta put like a leather belt between my teeth and grip it. That's how I want to feel when my Bunyan's when you're when when the lady at the pedicurist is going at my and my calluses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to lose at least two layers of skin.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I want to be like holding onto a scream and not screaming.
Speaker 1: You want to be scrump.
Speaker 2: I want to be Gwendola Tarantina. There's no cure. We are force yeah, Quentin Tarantino. I'm sure it's not the first time we're force beming everybody. It's like the Iggy Azalea music video. Oh when Quentin Tarantino gives huge chaser vibes, Oh my god, Well that's a little disrespectful to chasers. Honestly, Uh, chasers don't deserve respect. Chasers don't deserve respect. But like I'm saying, like even chasers have more humanity than Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why she's gonna transition.
Speaker 2: I have previously told a story wherein I was sleeping with someone who had a boyfriend. This is maybe the fourth or fifth time I've been the other woman, and I told the boyfriend's best friend that he was cheating on him in an uberpool because we randomly were in an uberpool together. That was pretty evil. But I love revenge where they never know it was me, right, I love it.
Speaker 1: I want her to note tell Sircy, I want her to notice me. I guess I got revenge because my nemesis died.
Speaker 2: Your nemesis died.
Speaker 1: Although I had no hand in it.
Speaker 2: I just schew my I the rather Oh no, i'm singing.
Speaker 1: I thought you were singing this is a song.
Speaker 2: I am No. I'm just saying I always complain about you singing, and here I am singing.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'm gonna get my revenge on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hypocrisy who we know several people who we would like to get mutual revenge on.
Speaker 1: I think yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah. Also, if there's anyone out there who I have wronged and wants revenge on.
Speaker 2: Me, like, go for it. In the words of Lanay pull Up, pull Up, pull Up, I will absolutely gladly fight you or also talk it out. I would love to talk it out. And I'm serious, Like, if you have a problem with me, I'm not aware of it because I don't really read the Internet and I don't read criticisms of me slash. They honestly don't even Sometimes I'll be talking to someone and we'll get into a conversation about social media and people will be like, yeah, well, I mean, like your gms are crazy, like people hate you, and I'm like do they? I'm like do they? But like I don't know because I don't read that.
Speaker 1: Literally, I'm that's you're so lucky, Like people have to move in the world. And now a clip from our Patreon Become a patron at patreon dot com slash like a Virgin for weekly bonus episodes and.
Speaker 2: More Selling the OC. Yes, that's where we're starting today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we have both recently consumed the new second season of Selling the OC.
Speaker 2: I watch it, you watch I watch all of it. It's I mean, you can watch all of it in a single sitting.
Speaker 1: It's I'm going to say something that I don't know what if you will agree with it? Okay, I think it has dethroned Selling Sunset. Wait, I think in I think agree Selling Sunset as it currently is is not as good as selling the OC. I agree it must be acknowledged of course that selling Sunset at one point was like God, to your television is the blueprint. But now to me, the quality has dipped so low that actually the bar to de throne it was pretty low. I think what I identified as the issue is that, so selling the OC doesn't have the kind of star power that selling Sunset does because selling Sunset has all of these people who have become like cultural icons race, right, So selling Sunset has that star power, But selling OC has such a such a captivating and cohesive ensemble people of star power, yes, who are all interacting in a very actually tight plot line that is about kind of one major thing which is like reputation and ethics and.
Speaker 2: Like purity or the interpretation of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and and you know the sanctity of marriage, and it must be said like based just on that being the storyline, it is very obvious that selling the OC is incredibly conservative.
Speaker 2: And OC like Orange County, like those the people that live there, they want us all dead and like.
Speaker 1: And like Alexandra Jarvis is like like vocally like Trump supporter.
Speaker 2: Having full full neo Nazi.
Speaker 1: Rose Rose, like Robert F. Kenney Junior a lot.
Speaker 2: So Rose is giving, like like she used to be in rooms with Epstein.
Speaker 1: Rose is giving. She used to kill small animals for fun when she was a child. And that's why she's low key. My favorite character Rose because she is psychotic.
Speaker 2: She's so weird and she has no expression in her eyes at all.
Speaker 1: Oh totally dead.
Speaker 2: And she is always wearing the craziest most bimbo outfit.
Speaker 1: Crazy like she literally shows up to like the time they went on the boat, she was wearing lingerie as a bathing suit. Then later that night for dinner she just wore a bra. And she's also worn just a broad to like showing wait wait, wait, the yellow outfit that she wore to the office. I have to find it. Alex Rose yellow outfits so crazy?
Speaker 2: Oh right, her name is Alex Rose, not Rose. It's so weird. And Jarvis Jarvis and Rose Jarvis. This Jesus Christ, Wait, what is this weird saggy panty? Like it looks like honestly, like she's wearing a tablecloth. No, what it looks like is like it's a body suit.
Speaker 1: And she didn't snap the buttons in the middle, just let these.
Speaker 2: She was like, Oh, I just wanted to be as short as possible. But she's all unhinged.
Speaker 1: She's crazy. And I do respect Jarvis for this season being like, I need a storyline, so what I'm going to do is break up with my work bestie, my work wife. And that was very smart of her. I do have to say, for some reason, Okay, I know a lot of people don't like Alex Hall, and I will agree that I don't think she's like compelling. I don't think she's like as compelling as a protagonist of the show as she could be. But for some reason, I got weirdly invested in the whole thing with her and Tyler when they kissed him, when they kissed. I screamed into my pillow. Oh, because I was like, finally, and I like want them to be together, even though I know they're both bad people, Like he's he's disgusting.
Speaker 2: He well, okay, here's the thing, is like I actually don't so hot. I don't think he's hot. He's like kind of so hot. I don't find introverts hot. Really, it's hard for me.
Speaker 1: He's so tall. And then when he shut up to that party in his underwear and you could see his huge talk.
Speaker 2: Go unattractive to me, the most disgusting boxer briefs I've ever seen in my life. Love that you're not even gonna spring for like some savage fentie. You fucking ugly? I could not. Sorry, I know he's not actually ugly, but I'm infuriated because I actually don't think he's like I'm okay, of course I'm.
Speaker 1: Team Britney Snow let it be said. But he's ex wife. Oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, okay, so Tyler being the kind of like you know, golden goose of a divorcee that everyone is now trying to gnaw on. It is literally everyone in that office, Yes, is actually amazing, it's great TV, and both seasons of the show have now been about how everyone wants to fuck him, is fucking him, or could be fucked and the fact that he is actually kind of like I do believe he is actually really introverted and is actually really bad at receiving all of this attention. That doesn't make him any less of like a scummy man, but I do think he's like wildly ill equipped for the position he's been put in, funny enough, so that does make it all the more interesting. Selling the OSI and Selling Sunset both have this like really really painful production, like this forced production of a scene, Like every single scene is so so scripted.
Speaker 1: But it is so good.
Speaker 2: It is it's good because you know that if you tried to make them improvise, it would be worse because they're not smart enough to improvise.
Speaker 1: But it is like they are. I do feel I have always felt with both of these franchises, and like reality TV in general, like we are getting such a filtered version of the story, and I think we're selling the OC specifically, like they decided what the season was going to be about and like worked backwards from there. So I always feel like what they're talking about is like, the emotion is real and the tension is real, it's just the specifics that are being either exaggerated or straight up lied about. Yeah, Like, I don't think that was the first time that Hall and Tyler.
Speaker 2: No fucking way unless there are motherfucking pilgrims, like please, there's I mean, if they if that actually was their first kiss, I would be so concerned for the state of heterosexuality, like I am there already there is actually no there's there's heterosexual people would be I mean, I'm grateful that heterosexual people don't fuck like baggats, but if they did, society would collapse, but also that everyone would be so much happier.