Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, do you like dead dogs? Andrew? What well? I mean you've maybe wait so long?
Speaker 2: Uh ah, sir, No, no and no I for no, no, no. Let's set the record straight.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be shit. You're saying shut just so you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am okay, this is a family friendly show. I would not curse it is anyway. I had a meeting for our big show, the one that pays a significant portion of our paychecks, with our boss that his meeting prior to my ten am ran late until ten twenty. I told you this. You have been decided to say, I gotta go, I gotta go. What can I do? Am? I not supposed to have a meeting with the big boss because Scott from serial Killers podcast once serial Killers fill, but it's a necessary time filler. And you know why it's a necessary time filler. People need context versus what you do, which is continue to spread lies.
Speaker 1: And my gas lighting.
Speaker 3: Essentially, Yes, podcast, stayin.
Speaker 1: Seven, Marry three the Chips, that is the Chips, the Chips. Welcome to Serial Killers Live from the Farmland Fresh Dairy Studiosoo beautiful midtown Manhattan. Yeah, I saw a Farmland Fresh Dairy's truck. This morning. Actually I'm away here. Oh fine, I wave waved out the wind. I'm like, what's up.
Speaker 2: Move and the person was just like, I don't know you.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, but it was it's a beautiful truck. Uh. Anyway, So we got lots of new stuff. Today. We're doing all three new Cereals. Wow, it's going to be wonderful.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So I was trolling the aisles at Walmart last week with Cooper. Cooper. Cooper's like, my little, my little Cereal troll, you know, like we walk around to go.
Speaker 2: I would have gone with Cereal sidekick, but sure, I like that Cereal troll sounds.
Speaker 1: But she's like, you didn't do that one. You didn't do that one. And I had to school her a little bit. I'm like, we did, but but those we didn't do. And I've been looking for these for a minute. So the fall is here. Okay, yeah, you have it, some nice fall Cereal love it? Are you ready? Yes? These are all three of these are great value from Walmart Cereal.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: They seem to put them out in threes because they know that we want to review them, and we do three Cereals pod. They must know that I'm pretty sure that they do. So check this one out. Andy, You're gonna go to the Fall Festival this weekend as long as it doesn't rain again here in New York.
Speaker 2: Fall festival? Am I going to?
Speaker 1: There's so many. You go to the Jersey City Fall Festival right there in Journal Square. You go all the time.
Speaker 2: What are you every year?
Speaker 1: The fall festival? You bob for apples.
Speaker 2: Is this a thing that you think I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pumpkins, apples.
Speaker 2: I have not once in my life gone to the fall festival.
Speaker 1: Cornacopias and scarecrows.
Speaker 2: You're saying fall objects.
Speaker 1: The colored leaves falling from the peed on trees, by the dogs that are there, all that, yeah, all that.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, oh gosh, can't wait for Fall Fest.
Speaker 1: The hay ride right in Exchange plays on the tractor. You don't do that.
Speaker 2: There is no hay ride, no exchange.
Speaker 1: There's not anyway. So this surreal reminded me a fall.
Speaker 2: Look it's caramel apple caramel. You say carmel, not caramel. I say carmel, I say caramel.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, so there's uh, it looks like those apples look very exciting. Well, I mean that's a that's a caramel apple. Now these apples apples, No, No, that's those are fruits, and that's an answer to the game. On the back, and that's a watermelon, it says, fine, the seven different pictures, you know, in the pictures that the different things. Yeah, I love those games. I'm very good at them. There's one in the newspaper every Saturday that is like, it's really really hard.
Speaker 2: I do daily Connections on the New York Times and I do the mini Crossword.
Speaker 1: Do you do it online or you actually get the paper?
Speaker 2: Well, they don't do connections in a newspaper.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: Connections.
Speaker 1: It's the game.
Speaker 2: You have to make pairs of four, four pairs of four, okay, So this says they're on four. There's about eleven servings in here.
Speaker 1: That's what it says. I've never seen that before. About eleven servings in this box, limited edition, naturally and artificially flavored caramel apple. So there's a little red pieces and the green pieces that represent the apples. Yeah, and then there's little brown pieces that represent the caramel. Okay, So I'm gonna need to shake this box up, So let's pick. I don't know maybe this one. Okay, then I'll just stop it.
Speaker 2: We like wal martterial.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, look if if you see over my shoulder here, I happened to just be checking serial KILLERSPC dot com. No, I was, I was there. Look it's right, it's right over here. I was checking out all the great values ratings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, outside of bite sized frosted strawberry shredded wheat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've all been pretty. They've all been like three and above or also rice cris For that smell, okay, I don't know really that does.
Speaker 2: Not That smells like.
Speaker 1: A toast, like toast of some sort.
Speaker 2: Like no Yankee candle when you walk into a Yankee candle and you're like, oh, very overwhelmed.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, so these are not the most attractive little Is there a word for that, like overload?
Speaker 2: Ah? Yeah, I guess that's a word.
Speaker 1: I can't go one of those stories. I get headaches, Like if I go into Sephora, my kids drag me in a Sephora, I'm like, no, I'm gonna wait outside because just the it's just a bunch of old lady smells. Even though I know it's not old lady smells. It's nice young lady smells, but they all they remind me of the old beehive lady that I used to work with. Oh and it's just or the aids in the lunch room that you know. So I'm gonna go back to our Farmland Fresh Dairies fridge.
Speaker 2: That fridge is coming so in handy by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because all it does is store our Farmland Fresh Dairyes. Yes, So we're gonna use home milk today. And I gotta tell you. Let me tell you something. I'm pretty sure that their cows have capes because they must use super cows. I'm not even kidding. I'm gonna tell you this story and I'm not even kidding. So they actually love that.
Speaker 2: And listen Farmland, if you're listening. I think our cows have capes is a great slogan.
Speaker 1: I do too, because the milk that we used last week, yeah, which we recorded before we went on vacation, I took home before vacation and it lasted for twelve days. I used it in my coffee until I used it up and it never went sour. Wow, So I don't know what they're doing. They got super fresh milk over there, Keep it up. Farmland Fresh Dairies.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wait, hold up, follow me on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, if there's a commercial for a Farmland one the cow, it's like our cows have coups, and then the cow, the one that's unnamed. It winks at the camera. O genius, genius, Wow, which is pretty esme.
Speaker 1: I'd like this. It's a mesh of flavors. It is not. It's not overly sweet. I kind of like it. It tastes a little bit like fall. If fall had a flavor, I think it might be a little bit this.
Speaker 2: No, no, this is just like crunchberries.
Speaker 1: You think, so.
Speaker 2: I don't taste anything remotely like a caramel apple.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's nothing fall about that. I think if you let your taste buds believe it. That's what it tastes like. I give it three bowls in a spoon. It's pretty good. And it's on shelves now at Walmart. It's not bad. I give it three bowls three okay, Like it's a good cereal.
Speaker 2: It's just not caramel apple, all right. That's how I feel.
Speaker 1: By the way, speaking of our friends at Farmland Fresh Dairies, I want to say hello to Wayne and Nicole, and I also want to suggest to them, if they don't already have one, I need a cow face costume for Halloween. We're a week and a day away from Halloween and I want to be I want to be cow faced for Halloween. That's what I want to be. I'm gonna wear it in the studio here and I'm gonna wear it out trick or treating with the kids. They must have a promotional costume in the closet somewhere.
Speaker 2: You really that I feel would fulfill like a lifelong dream for you.
Speaker 1: But if it's a two person, you have to be the back I refuse. You won't be the back end with the otters.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be the back end of the cow because.
Speaker 1: I was a back end of a horse a couple of halloweens ago, I mean like twenty five or thirty. But yeah, it wasn't fine, No, because it sometimes smells in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah not, thank you.
Speaker 1: The cow face costume could just be a one person, but I'm want to be on all fours. I don't want to just like dooty dooty, because that's how cow sound.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 1: They do, they don't move, they go dooty dooty do when they're not moving that the doty o cow. Do you know cow tipping is a myth? No, it isn't, No it is. I've seen videos. What videos there are cow tipping videos? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you know how many people it takes to push over a cow?
Speaker 1: A lot? When I used to live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa? Okay, here we go, I used to watch people do it. Ah, right, very rude.
Speaker 2: That's a callback. We haven't done a Cedar Rapids I call out. That's right, nice little flashback for the fans.
Speaker 1: What's up CR? How those colonel's doing c R? Yeah, we're just saying that now, Yeah, what up CR? That's the logo on the colonel's hats. It's CR Cedar Rapids, Iowa. That's the baseball that's the minor league baseball team. This the colonel's because the corn you know, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure?
Speaker 1: Right, I'm gonna go back into the cereal sack, which is just a plastic bag that I got from shop. Right, And Okay, this one reminded me of something when I saw it. Okay, this is their second one in the Yeah, it's a kettle corn. But what does it look like to you? What does it look like? Come on, it's a very popular cereal, like one of like Top five and pop very good Kellogg's corn pops it looks like, but it's great value kettle corn. This one has about fourteen surveys in this box. There's a cool little maze on the back. It's a little lazy, but you know whatever. I like the popcorn bucket. That one doesn't cost nineteen dollars and eighty nine cents like the tailor Swift poet.
Speaker 2: So let me tell you something. The Avatar bowls I bought when I saw Avatar The Way of Water last December. I spent so much money on the like special edition popcorn bows because they light up well really, Yeah, my.
Speaker 1: Older daughter's going to see the eras dang tonight. Yeah, Taylor Swift, I don't even know how much that's gonna cost.
Speaker 2: Did you go see it with them?
Speaker 1: I did it. My younger one went with a bunch of friends. She actually went to a radio station like screening, so that was free, but she had to pay for all the stuff. And my daughter's tonight was twenty dollars just to get And you know that they don't let you use gift cards or promotional things or coupons or anything to tickets for this movie. Somehow they rig the system where you can't use a code or anything like that. Wow. Yeah, she wants her money, all of it.
Speaker 2: It's good for her. I don't understand like corn pops I like because they don't let me like the thought of seeing popcorn turns me off.
Speaker 1: What on a cereal box? Yes, yeah, you're probably right. I don't think there should be popcorn on the cereal box. It should be like that, I don't know, some kind of fall, something like stalks, maybe corn stalks. Yes, you know.
Speaker 2: The thought of seeing popcorn, it like doesn't do it for me.
Speaker 1: Maybe they should partner with the pseudar rapids kernels and they should put some in there.
Speaker 2: This does not smell like kettle corn.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: This does not smell like kettle corn.
Speaker 1: By the way, today we are using Farmland Fresh Dairy's whole milk in the jug that I just dripped all over my jeans. I'm now I'm gonna have to wash them later. Yeah, well, because I usually go about four or five wares before I wash gems.
Speaker 2: Say that's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: I also heard now that the like the CEO of Levi's is like, I don't wash mine at all. Do you know how he said that he washes them. He takes a shower with them on, and that's how he washes his jeans. Yeah, is that weird?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with no.
Speaker 1: No, I wash them, I dry them. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would never stand in a shower willingly with my jeans on.
Speaker 1: Right, And do you wear underwear or yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Oh, all right, Wow, here we go. That's the poor man's corn pops. That's who that is. No, I okay, I see where it tastes burnt. First of all, it's showery. I see extremely bitter. But I see now like where the kettle corn taste comes in, because you know, let me tell you what this Okay, okay, here's what this cereal tastes like your microwaving popcorn. There's a couple of burnt hard kernels in the bottom.
Speaker 2: This right, actually spot on, right, actually spot on. But this is way more bitter, and I don't like it.
Speaker 1: It tastes like burnt popcorn at the bottom of the bag. Yeah, that is what this tastes like without breaking your teeth. I'm going to give it a bowl and a spoon. This is not it. I'm going to be generous and give it two bowls. Okay. I probably would not eat this again, but you should try it.
Speaker 2: I will not eat this again.
Speaker 1: If you like kettle corn, give it a try.
Speaker 2: Wow. This joins the ranks of bite sized frosted strawberry shredded week because it's going to have.
Speaker 1: A one point eight Okay, all right, well, I guess we need to take a break now, Andrew, so we'll be back right after this. It's the right thing to do, and we're bag so can we I just I like the sound. I missed the old sound. Can you get it for somehow? You keep saying yeah, But it's like it's in the stupid man box and I don't know how you get it out of there with that?
Speaker 2: Using this free download and I'll send it to you. It takes two seconds, all right, Okay.
Speaker 1: So we are on the third serial of the Great Value Walmart Cereal Trifecta today.
Speaker 2: Oh is that? I already know that's the episode title. I should just write it down from now.
Speaker 1: Nor Value Walmart. No, that's cereal way too long.
Speaker 2: I like funlong titles.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't fit.
Speaker 2: No, they don't like it.
Speaker 1: But then when I'm driving home on the readout heat and read out in the car, you have to scrolled. I don't like all that. I want short and sweet.
Speaker 2: Why you you name them? Why do you have to see what it's named?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you know what, I live it, but I still listen to it. Andrew, unlike someone else in this room, just saying, yeah the cow. All right, so this one, this one's a little bit more wintry than it is folly. I think I would put this more in the winter category. Okay, it's not. Well here, let.
Speaker 2: Me just grab it. Is it candy cane cereal?
Speaker 1: It's not. But it is chocolate mint?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What? No, you're not a mint.
Speaker 2: No I am not a chocolate mint fan. I don't believe this should be a flavor. It's spicy toothpastes. But okay, it's like chocolate toothpaste. I don't want it. I don't like it. I will eat it, but I am not going to be happy with it.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, it's another limited yellow cornflour sugar Whole Grain oat flour, cocoa, soybean oil, corn syrup. I don't see any mint in here at all.
Speaker 2: Outside of my giant gripe on birthday cake as its flavor. My second biggest gripe is chocolate mint. I don't like peppermint patties. I don't like that flavor. It's just it doesn't work. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, it's okay, sorry, I have very strong event. I was gonna say it's very very strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because everyone's always like, oh, chocolate mint.
Speaker 1: See, I don't like chocolate mice. I don't really like, you know what. The only chocolate mint thing that I kind of like are yasapops. Those are not bad yo soap?
Speaker 2: When did I ever start sounding like that?
Speaker 1: Now? Yso they're in there, they're in the freezer section of the supermarket. They're They're like, it's not ice cream, but it's maybe it's like frozen Greek yogurt or something like that. They have Yasa, they have lightened. There's a couple of different brands. Okay, you've never had a yasapop, never.
Speaker 2: Had a Yasa?
Speaker 1: Wow, I think you're gonna eat Ooh, this is a burst let me tell you know what this smells like. This smells like my Grandma's candy dish in Tamarak, Florida. That Little Andy's mint chocolate minced a little oil with the green ow. Sorry, yeah, I don't like that smell it.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 1: Oh Grandma, she just came back from the dead. I smell her. Yeah, that's what this reminds me of Andy's candies, Little Andy's mince.
Speaker 2: I just I don't like and like, what what what joy am I getting eating this cereal? What am I gonna do? I'm gonna walk away being like hey, and someone's gonna be like, oh, do you just.
Speaker 1: Have a mint? Maybe it freshens your breath.
Speaker 2: That's that is an actual gross idea for a cereal. And I feel in the next five years we will have one breath freshening cereal. Yes, I feel like one of these cereal brands is going to be like the same way that they have those sleepy time cereals, They're gonna come out and be like, hey, by the way, those are vanished, you want to skip your brushing your teeth in the morning. We partnered with Kolgate for like New Morning, We're Fresh bursts.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that I am going to get the sensation. I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: They're gonna do an all in one kind of like they do what body washing.
Speaker 1: To get the sensation? What does that mean? That was the York Pupping patty slogan out so again, Farmland Fresh Dairyes, overpowering le min. I'm sorry, I was saying, Farmland Fresh Dairy's whole milk?
Speaker 2: Do you have chocolate milk?
Speaker 1: Farm Left Fresh Dairyes, chocol milk. Nate took it all and drank it.
Speaker 2: Dang, it's all I'm gonna say. That would be the only thing that would be good.
Speaker 1: After that, I got buttermilk.
Speaker 2: I don't think I want buttermilk.
Speaker 1: I do a need small whipkre Man. We do have to go to the plant. You have to figure that out. It's probably gonna have to be on a day when like there's no school, and Cooper's probably gonna have to come.
Speaker 2: Because it's so a weekend.
Speaker 1: I got a check it. No weekends were no good, remember, so but there are school holidays coming up. Alright, Ready here we go. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Mmm?
Speaker 1: I like it? No, I think it's good. This is gonna be our sister Ciskel and Ebert thumbs up, thumbs down moment. I kind of like it. Well, I know what you give it? Yeah, that is nothing from Andy. I'm actually gonna give it three balls. I think it's worth a try if you're if you're a mint chocolate fan, which I am not, then it's worth a try. If not, perhaps not that it that this is.
Speaker 2: Foul and they should be ashamed of themselves for this cereal.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, somebody liked it and they made it.
Speaker 2: If the intern was like, have you ever done chocolate and mint?
Speaker 1: I don't know that there's ever been a chocolate mint cereal. And there's a reason, but there has been the peppermint, like chocolate peppermint, the holiday stuff like what's his name on the shelf? He had helf on the shelf. Yeah, he had one of those.
Speaker 2: This did not taste like this is only mint. Like the minute it touches your tongue, it's like a minty explosion.
Speaker 1: The milk is turning a little bit green.
Speaker 2: You enjoy that. I can't. I can't do this. This is not it.
Speaker 1: The milk is delicious. No, I don't know, man, we're on opposite sides of the spectrum on this one.
Speaker 2: This is a sin. This is like one of the worst cereals I've ever had. Okay, flat out all right, I'd rather have a Keto serial than this.
Speaker 1: But now I.
Speaker 2: This like I want to bring it to church and give it an exorcism because it is.
Speaker 1: I think it was pretty okay, I'm so sorry. No, all right, well just no, thank you for listening to this very exciting episode of serial Killers live from the Farmland Fresh Dairy studio. And I'm going to stop off at my local Key Food on the way home and pick up another container for next week.
Speaker 2: Please do.
Speaker 1: I'm going to yah, maybe we'll use two percent next week.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I like to flip flop a little bit.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: So anyway, please follow us on all socials at serial Killers PC and follow our friends at Farmland Fresh Dairies on Instagram. Check out serial killerspc dot com for all the ratings and everything that you need to learn about us.
Speaker 2: Thank you for watching too.
Speaker 1: I can tell you we need a little a little newman. I think it's time for a little refresh. Maybe as the new year comes in, we'll kind of I don't know it just needs a little more pizazz. Okay, like maybe at.
Speaker 2: The very least that they si Those T shirts have been going fast for a while now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what, I just realized what I apologize to everybody that's bought a T shirt over the last couple of years, because if you look on most of them on the back, there's a small discoloration. There's a little like splotch, almost as some bleach fell on it. But they're all the same, so I don't really know how that happened. But hey, enjoy no one can see the type right there. I didn't write that do you want odes Newman.
Speaker 2: When I was at my friend's wedding last week. They're Greek, and the way he says her name is Miranda, that's the way I see that being said.
Speaker 1: Come on mac in Greek. Spell check. By the way, do we have a newsletter?
Speaker 3: We do?
Speaker 2: I actually get well Newman gets the alert every time. I haven't created it fully because that's.
Speaker 1: A lot of work. That's cool. Then maybe we should just take that away.
Speaker 2: Well no, because it's good because then when we ever do we could And.
Speaker 1: If you scroll down just a little bit more, you can see the address on our website where you can send us cereal.
Speaker 2: Thank you Newman for all the hard work you do.
Speaker 1: Yes, but please check to see if we've done then yet because sometimes, you know, there's a little overlap and we still have to get to all the stuff from our friend Matt. Matt. You see all these boxes, box, box, box, all stuff from Matt. It's insane, so we gotta get rolling. Anyway, Thanks for listening. We will see you Wednesday with a bull chat yes, and then again next Monday with an all new Serial Killers podcast.
Speaker 2: This made me feel sick.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. You want to lunch?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you want ramen? No, I don't know what I want. Okay, we'll see anyway. Thanks for listening. Until we see you again, Say Crunch Andrew, Crunch picture picture hated it. Oh,