Speaker 1: Yo, what up is your boy Chevy Woods from the Taylor Gang? You watching the Bootleg Calf podcast with your boy? You know that shit Taylor Gang or motherfucking die you bit you.
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 3: Bootleg cav podcast man special guests in here, my guys. Chevy Woods is filled it man, Taylor Gang. You came with new teeth, Yes, sir, you got them things done?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir?
Speaker 3: What is the if somebody because a lot of people getting their teeth done right now. Once that run somebody obviously a normal person. If you were to pay full price, you didn't. You told me you didn't pay full price.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it depends on if you hit, if you're in the States, or if you fly out.
Speaker 3: So you went out of the country. Yeah, not the Turkey.
Speaker 1: That's for the hair Nahu Cali, Columbia.
Speaker 3: So what does that like? Run somebody? If I wanted to get my teeth.
Speaker 2: Done, probably like six to ten.
Speaker 3: Ok, yours a good thank you. AD's look crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I don't think they look crazy.
Speaker 3: I think they well, I feel like we're used to them now, but when they went like I feel like AD was like one of the first rappers to get the Veneers for real. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was just one of the first guys. So when we first saw those a dteth, it was like now we're used to them, But initially it was a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Even my daughter was like, please don't come back with no mister Ed's right.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. So I had to make sure it was right.
Speaker 3: No, for sure. Was it painful?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: I sat in the cheer for five hours the first first time, then three hours, then two hours and two hours.
Speaker 3: Did you have to like come home and then fly back or was it all No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I was all doing the same week Jesus shot to Columbia. Yeahever the nice ten piece and get right. Yeh man, you just dropped your new album nineteen ninety eight, which is why the ninety eight title. It's like around the time where I first fell in love with like storytelling. The music got it like big l you know, ghost Face, shit, Nature forty first side, all of that Queens Beer, Queens Bears was really like where I was looking, you know what I mean, where I was listening to music, Nori fucking a Z and like all of that shit type. So I just wanted to do like an ode too, you know what I mean, Like when I when I fell in love with it. And another thing is is it's my era of music, so I'm not trying to not match with you know, my age ranging.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like your last shit you were like kind of like you've been doing a lot more experimenting in the type of melodies and just dipping your toe into like different sounds. But this is more like some rap shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because I structured it like that. I mean I worked on the project from intro to and you know what I mean, I wasn't just pulling records. I was actually going to the studio doing them one by one.
Speaker 3: How many bodies of work do you have out? I feel like it's a ship Ton twenty twenty My goodness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, that is a lot spent a long time two thousand and nine.
Speaker 3: Eight they're all on DSPs nah, I.
Speaker 2: Think like three of them aren't, and then the rest are.
Speaker 3: Three of them are on that PIF database. Summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Kept the hustling, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: Damn So yeah, ninety eight was it a hell of your for hip hop? You know they always say ninety four is like the best year, but I about say, like, yeah, I mean ninety four was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think ninety eight ran into two thousand, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean because then you get the rough Riders ship in there, you get like fucking the locks you get. I mean ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Was was.
Speaker 3: No Way out Wait it was Puff Daddy ninety seven or ninety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was with them all walking like on the album cover. Yeah, yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then No Limit Yeah, no, No Limit was ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Sledgron had every plastic case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of them, the orange one, the fucking c Murder one, the Fiend one where I had all them shits, yo, It's crazy, Like it sucks that, Like someone needs to do that, because you know how it would be dropping vinyls. Someone needs to do a hard album release that is like a thousand copies and do it with those.
Speaker 1: Cases like those bitches to be fire, and then you get it for the case for real.
Speaker 3: And then you'd like every every album, you'd open it and it would say the five or four Boys album was coming soon, but like it was like coming soon for like three or four years, and then every new album there'd be a different iteration of who was in the Five or Four Boys, right for sure. There was like one when they signed Snoop and then Snoop was all of a sudden in the Five or Four Boys Coming Soon album. I was like, oh shit, Snoops in the Fiber four Boy and then yeah, damn the Five of Four Boys shout.
Speaker 1: Outs a mystical Yeah that shit was just ship right, No shout out to them. Yeah, I'll let you have that.
Speaker 3: Master p Man shouts shouts to master p Man. What do you think about this whole beat that's going on with the within hip hop right now? It's good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not.
Speaker 1: I don't have no no opinion, like strong opinion about it. I just like to hear what what's going on?
Speaker 3: I think I'm I'm very kendrickal with my bias, but I said this to you off the camera, like if if Drake comes out of this like unscathed, he might be the goat man and I'm not. I don't even have him. I got him in like around ten because I'm a hater.
Speaker 2: I mean it's it's competitive.
Speaker 3: But like if this fools like the whole like he posted that picture of Uma Thurman and kill Bill, that's really what's happening right now? All his friends in the rap game are against him, and everybody else is against him, and it's just Drake and like Baka.
Speaker 1: But also I feel like I feel like in hip hop, even though like we might have been younger, there was situations like this. It' I mean, we might not be able to name him, you know what I mean. There might have been the situations where it was just that person. I know, it happened in New York before. At some point it might have been nothing. I mean, you gotta think Drake is like the biggest rapper ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, the fifty thing. Everybody was against fifty for sure before, but then he linked up with eminem But when he did like how to Rob, but he was fifty, he was on the come up, like he was not working about Drake and Kendrickman and the Weekend is involved that metro booming in future and asap Rocky and fucking Jamarants catching strays. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's definitely crazy. You gotta be ducking out here.
Speaker 3: J Cole just said, my name's Bennett and I'm not in it.
Speaker 2: What you think about that?
Speaker 3: I actually I was not as like, I feel like people really took that and like really ran with it in a way that I mean, Cole's obviously an energy type of dude. He's kind of moved the way he's moved with like not caring about anybody else and like being super in his own vibe. So when he said like, it just didn't sit right with my spirit, like I think I think I respected it well.
Speaker 2: To me, then that's where you should have stayed.
Speaker 3: I agree, But you know how it is, man, motherfucker's being in your ear hyping you up crash out. But he should. But but and that's the I mean, listen from the hip hop perspective, I would have liked to have seen Cole like fully engage. Yeah, and too, I thought I thought that what he said on that record was just like a nice like, but I don't think he believed anything he said. Damn, I don't think he believes that. Kendrick's just like he doesn't think the to Pimper Butterfly is that that was like, you don't you don't even believe that to be true? Like Top Butterfly is a fucking in my opinion, of course, I mean the albums that like incredible, even his last album that everyone's saying. I mean, bitch, the album's platinum. He sold out a whole tour and I still listen to that on this fucking day. So I don't think he believed. Because the thing about Kendrick, unlike Drake, I don't know how much you could say about Kendrick Lamarer outside. Maybe he didn't have a favorable deal with TD back in the day he left. Obviously he's with PG Lane, he's got his own thing, and he's short. Because that's really all they said. What else can you say about? He's so out the way, he's so private that I don't know what else you could say. Drake's shit is so out there that there's so many things you can mention. And that's why I'm just I want to see what I.
Speaker 1: Like to hear what you got to say, because I don't got a horse in the rais, and.
Speaker 2: It sound like you do.
Speaker 3: Well, my horse is always I mean, I just think Kendrick is, you know, one of the most prolific, incredible artists musically musically.
Speaker 1: Your giography, well, I'm just saying you're excited about how it's going back and forth.
Speaker 3: I also think if we're going right now and this is without hearing anything Kendrick saying next, I think it's pretty close because I like Drake's record a lot, and I also thought it was fucking hilarious. I know some people thought it was corny, but I actually thought it was funny that what he said to his mom about Rick Ross. I thought that shit was comedy. I was like, man, mom, you know the guy you see the songs with, He's he's really hungry, he gets angry, and.
Speaker 1: To me, that felt like, I don't know, that felt like something I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I like seeing like put a record out and then play in the internet shit too.
Speaker 2: But they played a different world. You feel me like.
Speaker 3: Rick Ross's you know Rick Ross's He's the ultimate troll for sure.
Speaker 2: This is right up his alley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been waiting for this. I actually think that Rick Ross record was already a record and he just added the end part. M hmm, because if you listen to it, it doesn't sound very The rapping part of that song isn't very direct. H It's very like it just sounds like it was a Rick Ross song that was sub and Drake and then he was just like, hey, let me throw in these I think he had the first part of that and then the outro where he's talking about him getting a BBL. I think all that was just added and they put it.
Speaker 2: Out, but it sounds cohesive.
Speaker 3: It does shout out to Ross. I wish his rapping would have been more direct. He did the outro where he was like, you know, that's why I fucked you, bitch, you fat motherfucker type shit. You know, but it's like I would, I would, you know. The raw shit was cool. I'm not. I wasn't too impressed by the Ross record, to be honest. It was funny.
Speaker 2: Is do a quality too for you?
Speaker 3: I just thought that when I heard Drake shit Drake specifically, he specifically name names. He was very direct. Ross was talking shit when the beat was riding.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean well, Ross also said, you grab a sea is going to be a long game.
Speaker 3: It's just the first quarter, which I'm looking give me the second.
Speaker 2: Quarter, all right, man, I agree, I wont if.
Speaker 3: Drake's I mean, look, man, I'm telling you, if Drake comes out of this ship and he's looking good, I got nothing else to say, He's the goat because I the one thing that disappointed me with Drake was he didn't reply to Push Your Tea Like Push Your T's dis record was so powerful it a child gained a father in this world. Damn, that's crazy, that's crazy. It's true.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: A kid is growing up with his dad in his life because of Push Your Tea right now.
Speaker 2: You don't think they would have had his dad without it.
Speaker 3: I don't think he'd be putting out records. I don't think the little dude would have had a freestyle out and be like hanging out, like getting Nike deals. Push Your Tea ruined an Adida's deal and expose the child. No smoke for him.
Speaker 2: He ruined an Adida's deal, but didn't get a bigger deal with Nike.
Speaker 3: No one's wearing those Nikes. Don't know anybody wearing them.
Speaker 2: But did he get a bigger deal? He might.
Speaker 3: I think you'd rather have the Nike deal if you're Drake anyway, Yeah, for sure, shout out to Drake man.
Speaker 2: I think no horse on the raised neither. I just want to hear the music.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm telling you, if you just take like that, like that's a better song. Obviously it's a number one record. In the country. It's a fucking banger. But if you were to just take Kendrick's verse and Drake's verse or Drake's shit, I think it's a toss up. I fuck with Drake. I think Drake surprised me, and but he can't. There's nothing else he could say about Kendrick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the quotables matched up, and I feel like a mag was dumped.
Speaker 3: So got to figure out to me Kendrick thing is just like, hey, man, you got to call top Dog for permission. You did a song with Taylor Swift that by the way, there's a video of Drake dancing to in a commercial and you're short, all right, Yeah, I don't know what else you got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we ain't gonna know.
Speaker 3: We don't find out. Man, you've ever been involved I mean obviously you almost you know. I mean they've been involved in some street ship, but yeah, but have you ever been involved in like an on record no beef.
Speaker 1: In the street and when I was coming up in the hood type ship but right, but.
Speaker 3: Not since you guys have like nah, I feel like anytime there's ever been any even with Wiz, like any static with like other artists, like it's never like this wiz just don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't give a fuck, and it's like it was like it's peace because it ain't nothing going, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Right, it's the right players around, right exactly? Who else on the project? I met a couple of.
Speaker 1: Feature I just did my homie Boas from uh Pittsburgh and then I got smoked this on it for shore me and bo was in the group back in the day and he was like my favorite rapper from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: So that's a blog era fucking Pittsburgh rap. So for sure, is there anything like for you that you feel like you still want to accomplish in the rap game that like, you know, because you you've running up this independent catalog, But like, is there like anything new? Like I know you were talking about trying to like write for other people and like doing stuff like that. Is there like anything else you want to try to check off the list?
Speaker 1: I mean, not really in in in rap for really, you know what I mean. I put out two albums. You know, it could have been a point where I didn't get no albums and everything was a mixtape, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I'm thankful for that. In the writing world. I've been.
Speaker 1: I've been in Nashville, you know, tapping into the county country, you know what I mean, Like not even like playing around neither. I mean like really right that ship and crafting it the right way to move and not for no pat on my back. But three years ago I put out Escape, which to you know what I mean, was already so I always tell people like I was already trying to get world. Yeah, that world. So I went down to Nashville. I met with my boy Red Faarn. He got this song called Jack and Dye Coke that's real popping right now. And we just wrote and then I wrote in some other sessions and then we linked and and you know, once I got the vibe of how to go about it and put records together, it's a whole.
Speaker 3: World out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: It's like Nashville is, like the music industry is, it's its own. Like you know, we think of New York and La. Neither of those places matter in country. No, Like Nashville has just secluded its own industry. They got their own people, their own studios, their own a and rs. They don't give a funk about New York. To give a fuck about LA. Most of the executives on both of those sides, and they got their own executives.
Speaker 1: Then all of all of the music spot for music or like it's called music row. Everything's right there anyway, you know what I mean. So you go to you go to Broadway to party, but the.
Speaker 3: Music, all the studios are in the offices and all that shout out to jelly Roll. Man, I guess that foe has gotten me in the country music.
Speaker 1: Yea jelly Roll is to homie having a run.
Speaker 2: Yes he is.
Speaker 3: Some wedding bands trying to sue him. What there's a wedding band named jelly Roll that is trying to sue him right now? Wow? Good luck. Yeah, it's over. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Money long can.
Speaker 3: Forget about it?
Speaker 2: Can forget about it?
Speaker 3: What about uh? For you? Like? Uh? Is there any yo? There was?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 3: Is there ever gonna be a fucking Taylor Gang album? There's tons of songs for it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we I mean we did the one and that was with Atlantic at the time.
Speaker 3: But was that that came out on DSPs?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh ship, I thought that was just a mixtape.
Speaker 1: No, that came out on DSPs. I don't know, man, I think we're all at a point where it can happen whenever. But everybody's working on their own thing. I always tell people that once the brand is built, it's it's on us and the people that we signed and the people that's a part of it to make branches and you know, create new leafs and shit in new life. So like that's my thing. We're gonna go do the country writing or trying to write for other artists and you know things, getting those rooms and stuff like that, starting our gaming company and like things like so it's like just doing stuff to keep it going, you know what I mean, because we all having kids and like ship like that, you want to have something to show, something to give, you know, generational type ship.
Speaker 3: Is there anybody out of Pittsburgh right now that's bubbling that we should know about?
Speaker 1: I mean we signed the Homie fed to God Fire. Yeah him hard oh hard has been hard thought but he but yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Crazy though he had a record with twenty one Savage like years ago. That was my ship.
Speaker 2: No hard hard for me.
Speaker 1: For me, Hardo is like the one that like I seen him get better and better and he you know what I mean, there's also the one homie. There's a young Homievanessa Hardy.
Speaker 2: He's nice.
Speaker 1: He from my hood actually, and then there's just I think his name is d Cools. I think he's dope as hell, Like lyrical as fuck. He got some dope music out, yeah, But for me, as far as the look ecsthetic and like being around and moving around and got better and grown from you know, just being around him in the studio, I think like Hardo at this point right now like really got it and got a wave that he's moving on and he just needs to keep.
Speaker 3: How crazy is it for you to have been like around mc millan early on, like I know, Wiz and Mackworth like making as much music together as they probably would have liked, but just to like see him be like this. Obviously he was appreciate when he was here, but I feel like after he passed he's kind of become this like this fucking icon, like yeah, you know like that and well deserved, like because his musically he was one of the greats bro Like he could do any sound Like I feel like he was ahead of the curve on a lot of the sonics that he was fucking with on his last couple of albums. But it's just kind of crazy to think, like damn, like this was just kind of turning into this like mythical figure in music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: No, he's he's like an angel over top of all of this shit to me for sure, personally, Like because I see the way that people react and feel and cry and go through emotions and like stuff. That's that's a different type of connect People can listen to you all the time, they don't got to feel you though. That's just for their airs, you know what I mean. So I know that people, I know, people really really like feel his presence when they listen to your music.
Speaker 3: And what point in time did you guys stop did you guys go full papers and stop fucking with blunts?
Speaker 1: And like, oh, I think when Currency and Wiz is working on how Fly. So Wiz was in nor I mean in New Orleans working on that with Currency, and then he came back was like, na, we ain't doing the Taylor Gang, we ain't doing the Blakers. Yeah, and we was on like fifty boxes of Swishers type shit. Been in the studio crazy.
Speaker 3: Because it's like everybody is off a fucking it's always leafs backwards now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, Yeah, no, I do. We gotta do the papers, man, It's just a cleaner smoke.
Speaker 3: It tastes the weed.
Speaker 1: It's a cleaner smoke. And it's like you run and keep running to the store. It's thirty two papers.
Speaker 3: In my pack.
Speaker 2: I ain't got to really keep doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get it for a couple of days, and you know what I mean, while you didn't bought five packs smoking.
Speaker 3: So yeah, this album is out, now, is there any anything coming out? I mean, I'm sure you're sitting on a ton of music.
Speaker 1: I got projects, bro, Like I was in the studio last night playing Problem Records and he was just like, the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 3: That's a problem And I'm just like, bro, Problem, like a little fucking honorary tailor gang member.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's always been like even first like coming out here WHEREZ introduced me to him and then we just clicked and our birthdays that we found out yesterday five days apart.
Speaker 3: Now I'll be like, damn combat guys for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so it's like dope to see.
Speaker 3: How does it saying for you? Though? Like, what is it? How do you know it's time to drop something new.
Speaker 1: I don't know, yeh, you know what I mean. I don't know. I like last year, I didn't drop anything.
Speaker 3: I just got my chut, right, You're like, you know what, I need to put something out on the fields.
Speaker 1: I don't got to just keep going and keep going and keep going, like I like for my ship to be fresh. And I learned to not pluck records anymore. I usually would do like that and just put it together, make my own cover and put it some of them, some of them projects, you see, like eight of them. I made the cover of myself crazy, So like I could just do it when I feel like it. But at this point in my career, I gotta gotta count and it got to mean something to me.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Do you ever look back at any of the old day to day vlogs and also like realize you guys kind of started the vlog trend in hip hop. It was kind of you guys did it first. Man, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I was in the studio when Twitter first, like with Wiz when Twitter first came out and he was like, there's this thing called Twitter. I'm about to take over the internet with it. And this was after you stream Oh, yeah, you stream was and he was on their first you know what I mean. I mean he used to like he used to like edit his own videos. We do a show one night and we got to like take an eight hour drive. He edited the day to day and put it out like on the road type of crazy.
Speaker 3: So he was added into the early ones himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Will was filming them with one of those little that's all.
Speaker 3: We had, Yeah, into.
Speaker 2: The camera, into the fucking computer.
Speaker 3: What were the name of those cameras? Because I used to shoot on my interviews on him. He was on the side the little handheld.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we used to plug that up edit, Yeah, and then I should have be out the next day. That's crazy on the internet, he was doing all ship like.
Speaker 3: Early as fuck.
Speaker 1: That ship's crazy, and we all just knew to just be a part of it, you know what I mean, Like just be ourselves, but also make sure you be in the camera so that they see the whole lifestyle type of ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it was definitely early. You know those are those are those Some of those bogs are vintage.
Speaker 2: As fucked super vintage.
Speaker 3: And then I feel like I feel like hip hop was like two years behind y'all because then the other artists started doing it, but it was like, I mean, he's still doing them.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, for sure, they just they just look cleaner, they look for now, you know what I mean. But that's just still there's always classic For sure?
Speaker 3: Is how how involved are you when it comes to like, by the way, shout out to Wiz who just announced Christian Orange us two hm, which I have to hear because that means the expectations very high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure?
Speaker 3: How is that?
Speaker 2: It's crazy?
Speaker 3: Is he working with Cardo again?
Speaker 2: Is he look you look you want to be to say?
Speaker 3: I don't know because I know that it's like working together for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he could be. He could be.
Speaker 3: I feel like, if you're gonna do it, they're going to do that, do you know. I feel like, if you're gonna call it that, it's gotta Yeah, it's gotta sound a certain ways.
Speaker 2: Certain vibes that you that you would expect, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it sounds good though, sounds good as fuck. Okay, that's the one thing, because you know mixtape was is different.
Speaker 2: Oh my mama, this is crazy.
Speaker 3: Like Taylor Alder dies and like some of the tapes. I'm like, man, I'm glad some of those are on DSPs.
Speaker 1: Now yeah mode right now, man, he's a Khalifa Jones, Quincy Jones' nephew. He's really he really going in right now with this one pause, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, cushion orders too. When I saw that, I was like, oh well.
Speaker 2: And then it's like, you know, if you're really gonna take that chance at it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I try to deliver. There you go, there you go.
Speaker 2: My boy is my boy is He's gonna deliver?
Speaker 3: Nineteen ninety eight is out. Yeah, people can go stream it. Is there any murch or anything else that people can.
Speaker 2: Just a tailor gang website? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I really like I love the music, man, I don't care about all. I mean, of course we do that when we feel like it and put together like that, but it's the music for me at this point, you know what I mean. Like, I really fell in love with the shit that I do so all the country. I got rock records, I got pop shit, I got video game shit. Like I really fell in love with this shit. And before I was just like.
Speaker 3: Out here, well the new album is some rap shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super rap shit some raps.
Speaker 3: It's called nineteen ninety eight for a reason, and even covers very It was very simple but hip hop cover, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: And my other cover is me as a baby and this cover is me as a grown up. So I thought about what I was doing.
Speaker 3: Feel me go support the album nineteen ninety eight Heavy. I appreciate you pulling up. Thank you, sir, my dog, Yes, sir,