Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcast, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure.
Speaker 1: To follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: And look aheare. We're ready to go, baby. All veterans are ready. The man who broke Adler's mirror on his van.
Speaker 2: Says he's raised. Let's go.
Speaker 3: America out, slap mouth, You're there, heat Spiel is here, the girlies are there.
Speaker 2: There's Pennsylvania always with us.
Speaker 1: Gunnersville is ready, and our God listener on time today and ready?
Speaker 2: How about that? What's up?
Speaker 3: Yakama, Washington, Pontiac is ready.
Speaker 2: Huntsville, Alabama, the Rocket City is in.
Speaker 3: We're okay, We're fine, We're ready.
Speaker 2: There comes Mississippi. The entire state's in.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, Commerce Georgia is ready. There's a Fort Payne, Alabama, motor grater Mike, and Sandersville, Georgia. That god forsaken round about in Cleveland, Alabama says it's ready a lot to do. As you heard ken osburn the gang all here a speedy adler. Uh and it feels good to be sitting back only on one mic check one two for the one mic.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, birth back, no no to rest here. You know, I I got where I was going on time. I left when I was ready to leave, and I got home when I was done. What an amazing, what amazing. It was funny to watch all the things that I mentioned some on yesterday's show. First of all, I was going to bed in Virginia Beach before I would have ever been out of Atlanta. Okay, I was already asleep. I got home and was eating dinner, and I was walking with my wife at a park near us, and and under the other schedule, I would have still been not home yet really so so anyway, so uh so wow, okay that I don't know what that situation is.
Speaker 2: But what did we say? Yeah, good night, it's quiet. I guess I can go in there and see if I can touch something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're getting just then, yeah, we're getting, we're getting, we're getting some of Birmingham all saying that one O four seven is quiet right now?
Speaker 2: So that's that's not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know it's it's one of those where it just there's not a whole lot we can do about it. But old Tom, I brought all the equipment back super times. The engineer that works for a summit media than and zz K is their station.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you know what, I brought all my stuff back. I got on the air smoothly. And I thought today for Tom would be you know, almost a day of celebration, and you know, and and then he has to deal with this.
Speaker 5: That your setup.
Speaker 6: I was slowly wading into a back and forth of any kind, you know, because you don't know how your echo is, how your whatever. That was the best back and forth I think we could ever have ever done ever on a remote show.
Speaker 1: I told Greg, and I think you'll agree, ad Or to your point. My my ability ability to interact with the team, to give you guys the space like we do when we're all in here together, was easier doing it that way than if all of you were on location with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I could hear everybody.
Speaker 5: Great, you're posting the beds. I mean you were going to the break you know this that you were posting it.
Speaker 1: Well, it told me that, you know what, there's a that this is, this can be done in the future. This this opens up because it really worked very very smoothly.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: And the and the beautiful thing is Tom you know, back when he didn't know zz K would be off the ear, but he was so happy he was but he actually, I don't know, you know, I'm not technical, so I can't describe it. But he gave me this thing that made sure that because the beauty of this is and and I got to talk about this a lot with the people uh there at the seven hundred Club and CBN yesterday because we were people there. There's there's people there like Molly who made sure that you you get where you're supposed to get, make sure you get picked up at the airport, make sure you know where you're supposed to be, make sure you're in makeup. You know, she runs the guest from the beginning all the way to they're back on the plane and gone. And she's been working with them for fifty three years.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: And so we were we had.
Speaker 1: Lunch and with Less and her and the producer and another guy that was on the show, and we were discussing the evolution of technology with TV and radio. And you know, if you remember, there was a time when we all wanted to leave the ISD in line and we wanted to make that trip over to Wi Fi. But it wasn't ready. Wireless was not ready. It was you could, it wasn't. It just wasn't good enough because when you do a long form program, I mean, you have to have solid Wi Fi that does not leave you. And so now, which I don't know what it is, Tom gave me this deal that you can go on the road with. So you're not getting there going well, I hope the hotel has good wife. Uh, you bring your own WiFi up and that that's a game change. Yeah, And so so it works. It worked really, really smoothly. And if if I can do it, you know, it's pretty easy operation. We're talking about how Tom just came off a big win. Everything went smooth. I've even brought all the equipment back and now this.
Speaker 2: It's not good when you call.
Speaker 7: And I exited the studio and I walked into the studio of our flagship to see if I could, you know, just do I need to physically touch something. It's something off and when I called him, he was already upy and he he didn't say hello, he said, I know, and apparently there's a number of stations off in the cluster.
Speaker 2: Oh and he is trying to figure it all out. But Greg and I haven't.
Speaker 1: I so I guess I just need to hang on to my suitcase and not worrying with that right now.
Speaker 2: No, but I brought all the stuff back just to me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, no, I mean it just would put it back on his day, just give it to I'll just go put it on his desk and then the comrax just goes back in the in the podcast, brought it all back in a suitcase. I'm so proud of you trying to That's so good.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 7: But no, we were talking about anytime there's an update pushed through and I don't know that it is, but Greg and I have an idea. Really, there's a major update yesterday on the system. Oh well that's everything, and that is just to be we were concerned today.
Speaker 2: Y'all didn't even tell me you were concerned.
Speaker 7: Well, because there was no reason. Because Greg came in. He's like, hey, everything I locked back in. Everything looks good, and that might not be it so different.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're in Birmingham and you know, any place in that part out of Maam.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't even have a w ZZK Yeah.
Speaker 7: So yeah, but you know these hot spot devices that you can use and stuff. And he said that he uses that one all the time, Rick, when he's going up to the tower or whatever and having to work, he'll just throw it up on the dash and he has instant Internet. You know, it's some type of hot spot like that device.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it just looked like almost like a little cell phone. Yeah, size device, a little brick.
Speaker 2: Can we use that brick? Can we use that?
Speaker 1: It it's his I mean we could probably get one's times it's not hours, but we can look into get one with that to borrow.
Speaker 6: He can he can borrow my electric guitar or something maybe, Yeah, And he can he can play my drums anytime he wants.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is there was a time, and we were discussing this with everybody. There were talking about how much more difficult TV was it one time? How much more difficult doing radio was it?
Speaker 2: One time?
Speaker 1: This other stuff didn't exist, so and and so there was a time where we would have had to be talking to that hotel for weeks and say we must have a dedicated ic D in line.
Speaker 2: Doing it in the room would have been out. He needs to be down in the lobby somewhere.
Speaker 1: Because they couldn't have made to drop there and they would have had to had to drop down in the lobby somewhere. That you that you had to order weeks before before the remember the beach shows we go that was involved.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, people had to go early and even even the region's tradition annual show. I'd have to go out days ahead, lug equipment in and all this kind of stuff. Now I just take a little suitcase and they're like, is that it? Like, yeah, you know, we've advanced.
Speaker 2: A lot in this area. Now.
Speaker 1: Now some buffoon like me can just get up out of bed and walk over to the desk in the hot in the hotel room in your underwear and say, and I'm live on I'm live on all the platforms we have and I'm here, we go here.
Speaker 2: We were you?
Speaker 6: Greg brings up a great point. Were you at any point talking to us in your.
Speaker 1: Underwear would have been would have been But I had when I looked at the schedule. I mean like I had to say thanks guys and walk to the lobby.
Speaker 2: Got so I had to be dressed. You had to be Barnett. And I saw your Garnett, your.
Speaker 7: Instagram post that I'm like, okay, so he's up, he's had a houred ready to go.
Speaker 2: Sure, had a little sleep. And you know the seven hundred.
Speaker 7: Club they uh, I looked them up on Instagram and everything, and they did a really good job of tagging you and some posts.
Speaker 2: And the links.
Speaker 7: And I know Abat has it as well, and but I was really impressed with just them from beginning to end.
Speaker 2: First they did a great.
Speaker 1: Job at first class and everything was first class. And you can see that thing runs like a fine oil machine.
Speaker 2: The whole process is they've been doing it for a long long time.
Speaker 1: And and you know there we were asking there everything that they're that they're involved in, you know, because they have all kinds of brands.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, you got CBN, you got seven hundred Club, and they've got this other stuff. And Less said, how many employees do y'all have? And uh, and Molly said, uh, eight.
Speaker 2: Hundred and one. Man, that's a big operation. We can do a lot with that.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred, eight hundred and one, Yes and one.
Speaker 4: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: So we were just talking on the show about being a patriot, uh, and talking about the things that are going on with the different ideologies.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've never lived in a time. I'm sixty years old. I've never lived in a time where the two ideologies were so separate and no room for compromise. And a lot of times you're thinking, I'm sick and tired of spending money and supporting values that are working against my ideology. I'm done with it. I don't want to do that, but I don't know where to go. Well, when it comes to your cellular and wireless service, Patriot Mobile leading the way as America's only Christian conservative wireless provider switch today, you will not sacrifice quality our service. I know that's probably what you were thinking if I got to go with somebody that can. Yeah, we're Patriots, but they don't do it. No, they do an outstanding job. You're going to get exceptional nationwide coverage because, unlike most budget wireless providers, Patriot Mobile has access to all three major US networks. You can even add two numbers on two networks on one phone, something the big guys can't even do that. So stay connected with flexible unlimited data plans fit your lifestyle. They have high speed data, mobile hotspots, international roaming, device protection, even Internet backup. And the best part is you switch to Patriot Mobile. You're supporting people who share your ideology if it comes from the conservative point of view faith, family, freedom, First and Second Amendment, sanctity of life, veterans, that's where you're going to be. So go to Patriotmobile dot com slash Rick are called nine seven to two Patriot to get a free month of service with the promo code Patriot Mobile dot com slash Rick get a free month are called nine seven two Patriot and mention the promo code Rick. So want to on that note of these different things. And Speedy was laughing about this, you know, talking about the book Men Don't Run in the Ring. Thanks for all the feedback while getting it from everywhere.
Speaker 2: Love love hearing.
Speaker 1: Those stories about your experience listening to it or are reading it. And but you know, you go to our store at Rick Burges's show, and that's Rick and Bubba's swag.
Speaker 2: A lot of apparel.
Speaker 1: The book is not going to be in our store, and there's just a reason for that because of the way this book was launched. So if you're looking for the book, you just need to go wherever you normally get books. Now do we have links on all of our websites. We do, and that takes you to Ironhiell Press and you can buy it directly from them. But it's not available in the Rick Burgess Show store. We're not gonna We used to in the old days of Rick and Bubba when we had books and stuff that we would do and stuff from the Man Church, we would put it in the store as well, and kind of found out that that was a little bit rickety. It's really simpler to keep you know, the apparel and all the fun stuff in the store, but when it comes to books and curriculum and devotions that we probably you just need to go get those from those sources. So so just just just keep that in mind if if you're looking for that, and if you were wanting to signed option, even though it was cut off early for about a half hour, got cut back on the signed option that that option has closed. So but you can certainly get the book and then come here and if you're in the vox seats, happy to sign those for you or you know, if you happen to get it to us at at some sort of appearance or maybe I'm speaking somewhere, or maybe we're at the grocery store. Whatever, Happy to do it that way. Okay, So let's let's talk about some other things that are going on.
Speaker 2: So we did.
Speaker 1: We did that yesterday with seven hundred Club that they have that archive out Adler has that we can review that if we want to also, we but we don't have to, I mean, it's out there. And then today also it dropped yesterday and a lot of you were waiting on this podcast because it really is a very popular podcast, The Art of Manliness, uh, And I was honored to be on with their host, Brett McKay I think is his last name. I know it's Brett uh. And we had a great conversation. He gave me a lot of time, which was very kind. I think we almost did an hour together, and we really dove deep into the book and and all of the the things that are associated with the book, some of the larger teachings, uh, you know about life too, not just the eternal impact, but just you know, how to how to work through life.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And and so it was a really really enjoyable time with him. So The Art of Manliness, a lot of you were waiting on that one.
Speaker 2: It did drop yesterday.
Speaker 1: So if you were familiar with that podcast or want to go to that podcast, we had conversation about the book too, and that came out yesterday. So others are still to come. So and we'll let you know when those when those happened. And and I and I know this, You know our audience, Uh, they don't miss anything. They don't miss anything.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I know it's awkward and all this, but hey, we live life on the fly. I do realize now that I took Broner's name and inverted two letters and said b O R instead of b R O. That's just a mind flip. That's just me being a good and at my age, we're going to invert letters. Okay, that was just because that's one thing I always want to be real, real sensitive about. And and I guess I was trying to be so sensitive. And of course life's coming at you, you know, at.
Speaker 2: Ninety five miles an hour.
Speaker 1: Is that you know, I do talk about that experience from from my from from the point of view of Dad and me and our family, but Sherry has unpacked that story so much better and in incredible to tell in her book. So I always want to make sure that people aren't expecting to go to this book and go, well, am I going to read the same things that Sherry's already covered? Nature's no, uh, there's no. Andy Andrews is coming on today again, and he'll tell you that that book, when it comes to where God is and all this, it stands on its own. So I always want to honor that and remind people that that's an incredible resource if you're going through that or you want to know, you know, the bigger picture of that. And Sherry spent five years on that, and that book came at an incredible cost, and so I always want to make sure people understand that. So when I was trying to do that, I tried to be sure people would know the title and his name since it's unique, and I inverted two letters. So that's just me being a good one. So and I appreciate y'all making sure you pointed that out.
Speaker 2: Thanks everybody, Yeah, thanks for that. Thanks for the interview. That's what you got.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick, you've really been busting your tail for us the last forty eight hours. Of course, the case fail your own son's name, But yeah, that's just inverting two letters. Man, it happens, It matter if it happens on this show.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but I do appreciate y'all making sure I knew that, so keep me.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Thanks. That was great.
Speaker 7: I couldn't check email quick enough, and after the interview, I, hey, you know he misspelled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got it. Thank you. Thanks guys, thank you very much. We don't know. Always good to hear from the stain a good interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so anyway, but that's just thinking, oh he dis inverted, Yeah, just just inverted to it.
Speaker 2: I do know how to spell my son's name, I promise.
Speaker 6: Speaking of just getting things wrong, I thought for a moment that they were going to buy everyone a copy of your book that wanted it. But they had a free gift prayer guide, and I missconstrued. I was like, my goodness, seven hundred clubs buying everybody in a book that wants one. Oh yeah, easy, you're gonna sell twenty million bullets.
Speaker 5: But so you know, it was coming at you fast, and you did a great job. Man, you really did well.
Speaker 2: They were first class. They made it easy. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: Want to I want to also put this out there. It looks like that Aaron Rodgers is showed up and he's let everybody know he's.
Speaker 2: Married, Yeah, for months?
Speaker 1: So what is this a new record on having a distraction in minicamp. I mean, he he has not arrived, he's been there was just a couple of days and now he's already. Well, just so y'all know, I've been married for a couple of months. Here we go, we're right now, here comes the Now that's all everybody's gonna focus. Yeah, now that's all we got to hear. Here's an idea, maybe finish well and go to a team and do really well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, wouldn't that be great? Oh yeah, yeah, that'd be good. Yeah, that'd be that'd be nice. But yeah, it's just, uh, it was a little strange because it was just kind of like, oh, yeah, I've been married, been married for a couple of weeks now, yeah, I mean, it's kind of his business.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 7: Any December Pat McAfee Show everybody's going back because this the bride is is there's a mystery, all right?
Speaker 2: Who is it? And? Uh?
Speaker 7: He mentioned that he was dating a lady by the name of Britney in December in a Pat McAfee episode, So everybody's assuming that's that's the first name, but they don't know who it is.
Speaker 2: Who did he marry? Wait a minute, he didn't take the time to tell who his wife was. Is Britney spears Greg, That could be that's just what the article said.
Speaker 7: He referred to dating someone in December by the name of Brittany, But in the in the Fox News story and other publications that just said that who his wife is is a.
Speaker 1: Mystery, really stirring things up. Britney grinder, Yeah, you know you talk about a drumka. We got a Brittany grinder for for audio. How was it with Aaron?
Speaker 4: It's great?
Speaker 2: I love him. I actually taught him how to throw the ball better.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, come, come come snuggle with me.
Speaker 6: It looks weird with Rogers in a Steelers uniform helmet. Oh and how about he's got one of those rubber wedding rings on there.
Speaker 5: It is that looks weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that does look strange. Well, I told him to wear that when he's played.
Speaker 4: I actually spooned him. He doesn't spoon me.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed that he goes back. I wouldn't call it throwback, but he's in like the original helmet style from you know, we progressed a long way since that style always had a chin strap.
Speaker 1: Oh no, and Aaron always has the basic chin ships traps between every Snow he does the basic, the basic face mask.
Speaker 2: There he goes that's good.
Speaker 7: That looks a little strange. But I got to tell you something I could be wrong to watch out. Well, I'm not saying the Jets were just awful, but they had their they had their complications. The Steelers that name that coat, careful, that organization careful.
Speaker 2: They're good, but that they're good. They're good right now, But hadn't they been kind of they weren't what they do, but they were kind of a backslide kind of.
Speaker 7: But I mean, I just think, I just think that you know, you have, you have everybody around you, and you're ready to win.
Speaker 2: It could be a it could be a good year for them. It could be I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm not Mojo and anybody I'm just saying that's a prediction. Dallas Stars fans are screaming, Sorry, Steelers. I did not say that the Steelers awesome. I'm just saying, so everybody's gonna be like, oh, they're gonna suck.
Speaker 5: Well, you, I don't know, he's moving you a broken achilles.
Speaker 2: You also said that when he was at the Jets, I did first well.
Speaker 7: Because I same speech, different, But then he got hurt. He got hurt, so we don't know. He came running out.
Speaker 2: And then what he did get on the field with the flag.
Speaker 7: He did, he did all the three snaps, he was out, and he was out, So really, I get a pass on that one.
Speaker 2: Then last year it just didn't Really, I don't even know what to say about last year.
Speaker 6: People are putting pictures of super hippie chicks with like armpit hair and saying.
Speaker 5: This is that's funny, this is married.
Speaker 2: Didn't he date like some woman that was when in Earthy Witches? He did, Yes, he did. He was dating a witch at one time.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, he said, And he says in this article, I didn't do myself any favors with some of the girls I dated. Uh, And in the public eye Yeah, Danica Patrick trashed boy she did. She basically said that what he sucks the life out of you. Yeah, I mean he's so he's so high made.
Speaker 2: She had one day tone if she had been dating. Well, no, that's true. I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't have a man crush on Aaron Rodgers. She I mean, he's going to big go down as a pretty darn good quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 2: His she is.
Speaker 7: And so I'm just saying, if he now behind and out, now put him into a situation where the team is good and they're ready to get they're ready to go.
Speaker 2: It could be good or it could be real bad. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: But does he have one left in him? Is the question? His best years are behind him? Yeah, I mean that's just he's forty one years old. Yeah, I mean, come on, it's only so much he can do it forty one.
Speaker 7: He gives ESPN something else to talk about besides Dak and the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I mean, every every every day you look up, which.
Speaker 5: Does Dak have it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Comea coming back from ESPN When they panic, it's either the Cowboys. They talk about the Cowboys and Dak Scott and if they really panic for some reason, they always fall back to is Lebron better than Jordan?
Speaker 2: Which one's better? Gracious?
Speaker 5: So really the goat.
Speaker 1: By the way, so I said, if Aaron Rodgers keeps us up, he's going to end up like big glue.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel delivers brutally honest take on star cornerback Jalen Ramsey's trade situation, and he says the Dolphins they mutually agreed to explore trade options heading into the twenty twenty five season, but that was almost two months ago. No deal has been made. Mike McDaniel doesn't seem worried, concerned, or in any other you know, thing that would be worth looking at when it invobs Ramsey situation. He says, I don't give a blank about of mouth, yeah, about what I feel, Because he was asked about what do you think about the trade dilemma?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't even really go down.
Speaker 1: That road of how do I feel about it? My job is to react, control my controllables, and make sure people are moving in one direction appropriately. He's basically saying, look, I don't know how this trade will go, and I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not worried about it. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean it's a business, and I guess he's saying I try to take the emotions out of it and just focus on moving forward.
Speaker 2: I got a job to do. I like that guy. He's interesting because he looks like he's about sixteen. Yes, he does. What about when he sprints across the field at the end of the game full speed as fast as he can run with Joggers on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and every now and then we'll interact with the fans and correct him if they're saying something wrong. I forgot about it that he goes out, actually, we're actually moving the ball pretty good. You are incorrect, But now I don't I don't know. It sounds like Jalen Ramsey. I mean, I know he's good. But again it goes back to the I think the all the other teams and including the Dolphins, are going.
Speaker 2: Are you still better than you are? Dramatic? You know? Are you? Are you still more fine than you are? Crazy? Right? You know?
Speaker 1: And I would say the same thing about Aaron Rodgers. Yeah, yeah, because he's going to bring a lot.
Speaker 2: He and got right out of the gaate.
Speaker 1: He's already sitting to do some secret marriage. Yeah, everybody's like, great, we are who we are. Need to earn this thing around. Somebody told his jobs on the line. Somebody looked at Tomlin said, see I told him.
Speaker 2: I tried to tell you. I know we need to win.
Speaker 1: But so we were just talking on the show about being a patriot and talking about the things that are going on with the different ideologies.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've never lived in a time. I'm sixty years old.
Speaker 1: I've never lived in a time where the two ideologies were so separate and u and no room for compromise. And a lot of times you're thinking, I'm sick and tired of spending money and supporting values that are working against my ideology.
Speaker 2: I'm done with it. I don't want to do that, but I don't know where to go.
Speaker 1: Well, when it comes to your cellular and wireless service, Patriot Mobile leading the way as America's only Christian conservative wireless provider switch today, you will not sacrifice quality our service. I know that's probably what you were thinking. If I got to go with somebody that cana we're patriots, but they don't do it.
Speaker 2: No, they do an outstanding job.
Speaker 1: You're going to get exceptional nationwide coverage because, unlike most budget wireless providers, Patriot Mobile has access to all three major US networks. You can even add two numbers on two networks on one phone, something the big guys can't even do that. So stay connected with flexible unlimited data plans fit your lifestyle. They have high speed data, mobile hotspots, international roaming, device protection, even Internet backup. And the best part is you switch to Patriot Mobile, you're supporting people who share your ideology if it comes from the conservative point of view faith, family, freedom, First and Second Amendment, sanctity of life, veterans. That's where you're going to be. So go to Patriotmobile dot com slash rick are called nine to seven to two Patriot to get a free month of service with the promo code Patriotmobile dot com slash rick get a free month are called nine to seven to two Patriot and mentioned the promo code Rick. And this weekend we will not be giving you a new Strange Encounters. You need to go catch up on the four episodes that are already there. Tales from the camp House also nothing new this weekend, but there's five episodes you can enjoy there. So we'll come back with a brand new Strange Encounters Lord Willing next weekend. So we want you to go. And boy, what a lot of I'm being feedback on that new podcast.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So if you've missed some of that, catch it now? Do we have an update? Was when did this thing happen?
Speaker 2: Speedy?
Speaker 1: You were telling me about you versus the weed eater? When did yesterday afternoon?
Speaker 2: Okay? So tomorrow? Wow?
Speaker 1: So this is this is your first show back after it happened. Yeah, and it's it's not what did happen?
Speaker 2: I don't really know.
Speaker 7: Something kicked back when I was weed eating and hit me in the cheek, and I thought for a I thought for a second, now I wear you know, I have oak leaves for eye protection, but I don't have the face shield.
Speaker 2: So y'all save your emails. I know I probably should have that, but I.
Speaker 1: Just don't and I don't want to get hurt. And I know I guess it'll be on me if if I do that. Of course, I don't weed eat a whole lot I can fix it with. I can't worry about well, you know, I've had my weed eater years, but they're behind me.
Speaker 4: Hopefully.
Speaker 1: But the well, if I need to fix it, if it can be fixed, I'll fix it. You know what A Phillips said aggrescient rincher some batteries.
Speaker 2: If if it would have been in those cadges, I would have called you for help. But so something I don't know.
Speaker 7: About y'all, but where I live and the rain that we've had so much rain that you can cut your grass and two days later it's like you hadn't cut it, you know, And so uh there's this heel, this burn behind the how that just owns me and and it's my property, so I have to weed eat it.
Speaker 2: So every two weeks or.
Speaker 7: So, I tried to get up there, and with the rain it kind of got away from me. So it's like almost, you know, knee high, and I'm up there and I get I get to the I get to the top and and I and I hit something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So when he goes to this hill, yeah, you'll fall. You have your CLEAs I had grabbed some of the boys baseball cleats from back you know when they and did you cover up your little bird legs? No? They were exposed. You well, you got your exposed legs weeding and all that. Yeah, well I'm not, but I'm not in rocks or apparently you were in something. Your face has got a big wep on it, and that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I hit something in the weeds and it came up on me and hit me in the cheek, and I had to stop because it's like, you know, it's not like I almost got knocked out.
Speaker 2: But for a second, You're like, what just happened?
Speaker 7: And so I started feeling. I start feeling my cheek, and I thinking, am I bleeding?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 7: Did it cut me? I mean it, y'all, it hit me good. And so I'm like, well, I just got to go ahead and finish. But I kept touching my cheek to see if I felt blood or anything. Yeah, exactly my left cheek, and I could tell it was a little swallen.
Speaker 2: Did it rally a little bit like you got a bunch? Yes it did. It did had.
Speaker 7: Glue and and so uh and so I go in uh after I'm finished, to shower up, and that was the first chance I had to look, and it's gone down a lot, but it was all it was all whelped up. And you know, as we get older, you know, Hey, you'll bleed if you don't watch it.
Speaker 1: You know you got that little skin bit, yeah, them little fragile And so I was I cut my seven a second now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I thought maybe that it had cut because it felt that way. I didn't know, you know, I'm like, am I am? I open here?
Speaker 2: Did I? I mean? What happened? So I kept kept touching it, thinking he turned off? Turn it off. It's idling now, And so I'm I'm continuing.
Speaker 7: You know, you're still you wouldn't know because she didn't come, you know, out at all, just to make sure I didn't slid down the hill.
Speaker 2: But it's fine. Did you did you? Did you look down? Did you look down looking for what hit you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did. I looked around like what could that have been?
Speaker 7: And I still don't know, but obviously it was something you know, hard that that it slung up on.
Speaker 1: For sure, it slung up off the weed eater. It was not some rogue hornet or some flying bug. I don't think I'm flying something hit you an airborne animal or some sword on it.
Speaker 2: It's a rock. I'm done it. Yeah. I also not long after I moved into the house I live and now I was weed eating and shot a rock through the front door, crushed in the glass. Pay attention.
Speaker 5: My dad hit a dog pile one time, scent it up his leg. He didn't know. He's in the grass.
Speaker 2: Drink back to Speed's cleats, if you'll remember, he used to tell us about it, and for some reason he would call him still Toad cleats and we're going, what are you talking about? But he meant steal spikes.
Speaker 7: You remember that he kept calling him, still said it like a couple of times and years ago, and he had forgot so long ago, so long ago, I think I had hair.
Speaker 2: It's like a freaking elephant. I'm not going still Toadlets still start writing stuff.
Speaker 5: That I didn't work here when that happened.
Speaker 2: I know. Yeah, you were like at Auburn. It was right after Taylor was born. You nevert so you could not identify look at his face, Greg, you got a little well, still still can't identify cut little well. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I don't know if y'all have chores around the house that you just you're like, oh that heel is and I'm like, gosh, I'm mighty, here I go, I'm off in it.
Speaker 2: I put my steel toad cleats on and go. That's right as a throw back to you would be real serious when you caught them still to.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about that too, did you did you have you said you had had safety glasses on.
Speaker 7: Yes, I have regular, just regular regular sunglasses, just like oak Leys, just big, thick regular sunglasses. Yeah, I guess so. Actually their old baseball sunglasses. When the boys are they still toe glasses.
Speaker 2: No know how you would wear that.
Speaker 1: But what I'm talking about is if that rock had hit them sunglasses, Yeah, they were not official safety What I'm getting to probably you could probably get around. I don't wear the lost to night I did the same thing, but you could have lost the nine man could.
Speaker 2: Have loste You think you being here today with.
Speaker 7: The patch, I think that might have that might have stopped it. Now you don't know the way it hit me though, comes around and goes. It was one of those things and I finished up, you know, didn't run inside and cry or anything. But it's just it was the investigation of like what was it? I start looking down, like where did it go?
Speaker 2: What you need to start doing just to be is a good You need to wear goggles and a face shield. Is that what you let me know when you're out in there to do drive mine? Look at Yeah? So now I know that.
Speaker 7: Because they're protected, are still told you get out and we need some I know that I got that one corner.
Speaker 2: You will never that. Lisa gets upset. I need to hit that right now. See Is that on you? Or is that the only yard? Is it ever gonna get drying up? For something? I know? I keep Is that what you keep saying?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well look there was there was a package.
Speaker 7: There was a patch of about a day where it had and rain and I and I knew that all the weeds were gonna be wet and it's gonna be a bip. But I'm like, I gotta get it. Not it's gonna tell you control something you got hit in the face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's the most of my yard you can get after like one day of drying. But then there's parts that you're just going to wait, Yeah, because it's a little wet. Yeah, boy, it was so wet.
Speaker 7: It's just everything sticking to it. It was it was, but I mean going in you just like and we all got it around the house.
Speaker 2: Is that one thing you're.
Speaker 7: Like, gosh, almighty, here we go and then again get popped it. But what bothered me the most? I still I don't know even if it was a rock, which it was, where is it?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 4: Where?
Speaker 7: It had to be a good one because there was I was not around rocks. Oh there's always rocks. There's always rocks and Alabama.
Speaker 2: You see your face? Yeah that wow? Yeah? A little mark, you a little mark there. You got to crying a little bit. Yeah, do you got to crying a little bit of squalor just a little nation of the hay bird and the text nation.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can get informed on so many things now they're not afraid to be a little quick. But this is I didn't know this haybird hay birds from Brady. Did you know bird that you have now been interviewed by a Miss America? Uh no, no, Terry from the seven hundred Club. Lady yesterday who interviewed you was Miss America nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: I did not know that her maiden name is I can't even pronounce it's uh Adler, it's m e e u W s E Nmuson.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And she's now Fred Yeah, there she is there, she is.
Speaker 2: You talked to Yes, Yeah, I did not know. She did a great job. Great interview, changed a bit, great interview.
Speaker 1: She she you could tell she took the time to read the book and she did a really good job.
Speaker 2: I did not know that. Well how about that? Put that?
Speaker 1: Put that on the list, put it on the resume. Interviewed by a form of Miss Amarica.
Speaker 2: If you would have showed up with that information, oh the way, I didn't realize Miss America.
Speaker 1: Come on, Brady, Yeah, I needed that before the interview. I don't know why I was. My mind went there.
Speaker 7: But you know they had their voice guy, you know cut your intro, you know New York Times. You know this deep voice, And I thought to myself, I wish that was Gary's voice.
Speaker 2: Hey, coming up next, ain't gonna talk to Rick? Right? Yeah? But I mean same copy everything, just have Gary. So how about that? Did not know that? Thank you, Brady?
Speaker 1: Uh, that's selling either, right? Hey bird, Hey birds, Arthur? Was it sleepy Rick at the seven hundred Club? Are you just pulling a Greg with the TV lights? Looks it looked a little squinty. No, I'm always, He's always.
Speaker 2: I'm always.
Speaker 1: If you are a birdess man, you squint, I tell you, makeup look good?
Speaker 2: Didn't that look goodn't wait? I can't wait to break.
Speaker 1: I will say this like I told y'all when I checked back in, they came in there to look at my hair and just kind of like him, you may I Fanzi used to do in the mirror. He put his come up and go, I can't I can't make it any better. He was so excited about it and how it looked. He told me that he's going to require us on YouTube to have makeup every day.
Speaker 7: Really, well, my forehead needs Did I get that every day? None of us are ever going to go going down there. Look, we're on YouTube. We're washed out by the lights. So what Yeah, okay, I mean that's that I just did this move that help?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh But anyway, that's from Josh. Seriously, though, I am digging the show. Light uh and look at this is good guys. I want you to hear this from Josh. We're getting this a lot. I've been a long time listener. I was apprehensive about the change, but but I love I love this show. It has a great rhythm. I love its energy, if that makes any sense. Yeah, I'm sure, and and said, so how about this? Now, this I love because you start thinking we things we're going to think about and like I say, we're grateful and celebrating and love our past.
Speaker 2: But listen to this.
Speaker 1: My only complaint is I've always been a podcast listener, and I was so accustomed to fast forwarding through all the political portions of the show. I didn't have to spend as much time on it. Now there's nothing that I want to fast forward through. And now I'm struggling to get enough sleepy.
Speaker 2: So affecting their sleep About that.
Speaker 1: He's basically saying, I wish you would do more things that I don't care about. Sorry, so sorry, sorry, sorry about that. Uh let's see, this was a good one. We've talked about this before. But James says, hey, bird chaber Urge. Am I only one that finds it conspicuous that every time there's some sort of stand for America that suddenly there's several thousand people that conveniently have free time to go march and shout like Hulians and burn a city down. Does this feel stage to anyone but me? Maybe there's just a lot more people that have all the time in the world to do nothing than those of us that work and have three kids.
Speaker 2: So that's a fact or that's their paying job, right, that's what they did. Well, Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: That's some are being paid.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, some are being paid.
Speaker 7: And I don't know who's dropping off all the bricks and yeah, stuff like that video on that eighteen wheeler back and then hey.
Speaker 2: Bird, hey burge.
Speaker 1: I didn't start drinking drinking coffee till I was in preaching school. I had an instructor that always warned me, as you said yesterday, you didn't trust DCAFF coffee. My teacher actually said about DCAF coffee, don't trust anything that has ninety seven for scent of its active ingredient removed.
Speaker 2: You can't trust. That's a good point and that great rig on that subject. If you ever watched Speedy, because he's trying to be a coffee drinker now and I respect that, but watch him fighter coffee I have, I have, I've off he wants to be a coffee drinker, but he really do you do anything else? Besides you stare at me where you're right beside me. If you missed going, I thought you were choking. Yeah, it was just bitter. It was hot. Yeah. Hot. Look, there's nothing wrong with one, but it hot. Greg used to not drink coffee. I drank it. Drink five years yeah, no longer than that, now, Greg, I was in my forties. I'm sixty now. No, it's been fifteen years. I was the only one that drank was on the show when I came going down, I never made the face speed and I came to the show. I was the only one that drank coffee on it. Hey bird, it was hot, Greg, No, it's fine. Look you're you're getting this. I drink it black. I don't put anything in it. Well you should, if you're going to work your way in, you wouldn't have that bitter butt face. But but hey bird, hey bird, Greg, look away. Don't stare at me all the time.
Speaker 1: Greg, maybe dad newse something and never told us. Loving the new show and all the stories about your dad, did you know that MythBusters did an episode on running in the rain actually get you wetter than walking? Really, so, your dad not only was manly, he was smart. He was smart beyond his years. He might have been teaching a lesson, sure, but he also might have been doing it for a practical reason. We are lacking these men in society, so you get less sean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Text Nation has sent us information on that before, if they've done a MythBusters.
Speaker 1: Now, actually, the more frantic you are, look that'll preach. The more fearful and frantic you are, actually the wetter you're getting.
Speaker 2: Write that down.
Speaker 6: They made a one hundred foot indoor course with manufactured rain, and it showed that running in the rain resulted in more rain being collected on the clothes compared to walk.
Speaker 2: Walkman. Wow, bottom of the hour, have chills.
Speaker 4: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: In the programs. So we've covered quite a bit.
Speaker 1: So let's let's go a little bit over to what's happening in the world today.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The ongoing feud between Trump UH and Elon Musk seems to be.
Speaker 2: De escalating now.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk says that he he should not have put out the post attacking the president, that he went too far. UH, and he's trying to now step down from the feud. You know that that's you know, this is the times we live in UH and Elon like a lot of people, you know, we now can rush out to social media and we can shoot ready aim before we really thought through what we're doing, and we just can't wait to get bad information out there or to show ourselves out there.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And he says, I regret some of my posts about President Donald Trump last week.
Speaker 2: They went too far.
Speaker 1: Uh And so he didn't get specific about which ones went too far. But I think we can probably figured that out on our own.
Speaker 7: Yeah, uh yeah, pretty easy.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and you said, Greg, some of them were so bad it's gonna be really hard to walk them back.
Speaker 2: That the whole Epstein thing was pretty ugly. That's hard to walk impeachments. Impeachment's a bad one. Yeah, bad one.
Speaker 7: Look, the whole Epstein thing, I know was very personal. But you know, we brought this up when when it kind of happened. I know, you can, you know, just like spontaneously send something. But it seemed like, I won't say it was orchestrated, but it just seemed weird how it happened, almost like it wasn't planned or a distraction. But I mean, Greg, do you do you feel like at all that it was some type of like fake feud or some to maybe get to get the pressure off of Elon from the left.
Speaker 2: I don't see point I know what you telling me, because of blowing up its cars and everything. Yeah, but then did you see what his stock did when he did this? Yeah? Ever further, Yeah, so I'm not sure that I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's just it just seemed weird to me that all of a sudden this happened the way it happened.
Speaker 2: But I you know, it could just be what it is. But when I look at you and go, so you said the Epstein files have not been released because I'm on it, Yeah, that hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I have to ask again, if you're going to go conspiracy theory, you have to show me what.
Speaker 2: The end game was. Yeah. Them feuding benefits who? Yeah, I don't understand why the fake fewd benefits anybody. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, like I said, I think it could be that it just didn't work out. But to just get the pressure off of Elon, his stocks went down. But if you notice, his Tesla dealerships aren't on fire anymore.
Speaker 2: So, but I'm not going to cut a deal with you that you're gonna accuse me of being like I said. Like I said, I just said that as files, why don't you just go this budget is wasteful. We're trying to do away with waste support that you don't need to support it. Yeah, I was. I was.
Speaker 1: I was on the fake feud train for just a minute when it just dealt with the budget. Yeah, when the Epstein stuff came out and called for impeachment and all that, I was like, I honestly, honestly think at the end of all, I think you've got somebody who, as I said, maybe can be unpredictable, uh and overreact, and.
Speaker 2: I think he did. Yeah, And I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't buy it because if you go do pro wrestling, you're gonna get the script down and we're all gonna agree on the script. And I'm not going to allow in the script that you accused me of being involved with Epstein.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not putting that into script now.
Speaker 7: The other now, the other side of the of everything is I've heard this one too. The Epstein thing was just to get the names released so Trump can prove he's not on it, and it was it was to push that through. I mean, there's everybody has a conspiracy theory. I was just asking the question. It just seemed like it came out of nowhere and and It was a few that was like, what's up with this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And there there are so many people that want to jump on this at every level, this four D chess thing, claiming that Trump everybody elon or they're not playing just three D chests, they're playing four D chess and this is all planned and on purpose.
Speaker 2: I don't buy that.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's the case. I think we had a guy, a genius, rich dude who's.
Speaker 6: Used to popping off on his on the social media network that he owns h and he went too far.
Speaker 2: That was stupid. He did up.
Speaker 1: He didn't get his way completely, and he didn't want to hear the pragmatic part of it. He only wanted to talk the ideology part of it.
Speaker 2: And he pitched a fit.
Speaker 1: And and because of some of the things that he has in his personality. I tried to explain that of a week or or so ago, change doesn't sit well. And and he had how he thought this was going to go, and he didn't go exactly the way he wonted, and he pitched a fit.
Speaker 2: That's what I think. I don't think.
Speaker 7: See more comp who was it with the administration? They said they got into a huge argument.
Speaker 2: I saw.
Speaker 5: I think it was Scott best Best sent sent.
Speaker 7: Trump was asked about that did it get physical, like was there a physical altercation? And he said yeah, he said it didn't get physical, but it was there was a huge argument.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I never did explain that black Ey did.
Speaker 6: There was claims of body checking in the halls of the White habit yea between Scott best sent or Bestent or have which we've played a couple of clips of him, and so you know, we we both agree. And the thing is, both of these guys probably agree on a whole whole host of things as well. Supposedly Treasury Secretary Scott best Sent called Elona fraud.
Speaker 5: Supposedly in the halls and things.
Speaker 2: Got chippy chimpy.
Speaker 5: That's all speculation.
Speaker 6: There's no from what I understand, no video or or confirmed so accordinate nothing.
Speaker 1: But well, as Greg pointed out and text nations here, lizards can be crazy and predictable.
Speaker 2: They can. They can. Yeah, so know that. Also, yeah, well you can't say certain things to them.
Speaker 1: Also, this weekend, Trump warns any potential protesters at his military parade will be met with very big force.
Speaker 2: So we're having a military.
Speaker 7: Parade, Yeah, this is the military parade we talked about earlier that he announced they were having it.
Speaker 2: Then only two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of arm the Army I believe, I can't remember, but is there two hundred fifty birthday and we're going to do this in Washington.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and and and so there's this there's this organization nationwide that you haven't alluded to, Rick about how organized some of these protesters are.
Speaker 2: In LA. Some of the.
Speaker 7: Reporters were even saying they're wearing body armor and they've got face mask and it's just very orchestrated. And like Dallas, Louisville, Atlanta, Chicago, New York, Seattle. I mean, it's already Denver, they're already organizing nationwide protests this weekend to kind of be similar to what LA is going through now. And so they were now they're talking about how there might be protests on this military parade in d C. And he's just warning everybody, don't don't don't try it.
Speaker 1: Yes, is what I saw. Yeah, it's supposed to be. It's their two hundred and fiftieth birthday. We're talking about just the Army, and it's to showcase the Army's modern capabilities and inspire new generation to you know, to want to be part of what we do militarily.
Speaker 2: So that's what it is.
Speaker 1: And we'll see if any of these protesters come out for that event. If they do, you know, there's no telling what's going to happen. He says, it will be handled severely and quickly. The we have the LA mayor that you know is trying to deal with the stuff in l A. And we have one of the officers that was part of the Rodney King riots. And he says, once again, this mayor has reacted way too late. He let it get too far down the road, and to try to turn it back now with just local law enforcement, he said, you should have jumped on that long before you did, and local law enforcement it's beyond what they can do now.
Speaker 2: He waited too late.
Speaker 1: And so that's why you're going to need that we have the National Guard, the Marines, things like that, because to handle it locally, that that windows closed. Great question from the text nation, Hey, birge, what's more boring?
Speaker 2: The terminal or castaway? I gotta say the terminal.
Speaker 1: I gotta say the terminal look castaway? Yeah, it's slow. It does get slow. Okay, all right, we got the Wilson thing. Let's resolve this. Yeah, no, no, they do drag it on too long. But I'll take cast Away all day long over terminal at least at least there's a crash of a plane crash. I'm surviving wold Wild. Didn't see that ending coming. I know, I know that's realistic. I like that spear fishing U you know, so castaway, so you you give me deserted.
Speaker 2: On an island weight loss, the weight loss that keeps me engaged. Now, it did get along. I'm like, yeah, that they could have cut some of the island along. We're on this island. But I did start feeling it too. The terminal. There's never a tooth problem.
Speaker 1: There's never a moment in the terminal that I'm in that I'm engaged.
Speaker 2: Not a moment You're like all in one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think some people are saying, Rick you you would I will tell you something that Andy blinks throughout.
Speaker 2: Okay, shoot me straight, Andy, that's fine, I want to tell that story. He says, I do too. He says, I'm gonna text him if we can tell you, if we don't say names or anything. What if we brought him on him, made him tell it? Please?
Speaker 1: Okay, but anyway, Andy, come on now, Andy says, he thinks that I've got some sort of commercial airflight mojo.
Speaker 2: He said, Rick, you realize I fly at least once a month. Yeah, and I never have the problems you have. Oh he said that he did. Yeah, of course he will.
Speaker 1: Now he's knocks on some woodful not that I believe with any of that. And then here's here's Marshall. Marshall who emailed Hey birds.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: Marshall says, watching the YouTube barchive, man, I sympathize, will you Airports I think are part of the fall of creation and mankind. I haven't made it in twenty minutes into the show, and I already know that I'm listening to best of material. I know this is uncomfortable and difficult for you. I know, Rick, but you got to hear me. The way you're holding that coffee cup and explaining the blight of travel is owning me. You're duress entertains us greatly, and I know that's hard to hear.
Speaker 2: Now. I agree with it. Yeah, I did too. We said I have to live it. Guys, I have to go through it on this show. That is good. You gotta you gotta take one for the team in soho wow.
Speaker 1: But no, I will take castaway over the terminal. Now, what happened with Andy Blanks?
Speaker 2: Oh? Please? Andy? Can we please talk? Andy? Please? Greg?
Speaker 7: You would even make you uncomfortable? Well what you would have loved it by the way you would have They'll love me?
Speaker 1: Do you not agree with this? And I slayed Andy on this one. He said, the only blessing is that none of y'all were with me, because I know what would have happened. And I said, well, I can, I can walk. I said, let me tell you one thing. What happened If Greg had been there? I said, not only would Greg have elevated this, he would have gotten in a chair.
Speaker 7: He would have for a fact, Yeah yeah, yep, you would have said to me, just and if I could have rounded the corner in the grooom, Greg was sitting in the chair.
Speaker 2: Gracious, what a great day. Great day. And we're not telling people we're talking about I know that. I know.
Speaker 7: Well, there's a story that has happened with a buddy of ours that we want to tell because it was an uncomfortable situation that he was in. And and again, we're bad is good. If something bad happens to us, it's good for the chef.
Speaker 2: I'm asking him to tell it.
Speaker 7: Or uncomfortable or you know, awkward, that's always great, right, kind of like Adler need to get back into jiu jitsu and he can't and he won't and he needs to cancel.
Speaker 2: I'm back to man Rick.
Speaker 7: He's he hadn't been to class in so long that they've started emailing him asking if everything's okay.
Speaker 6: It was one text, uh and thank you Brendan. You care about me unlike these guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's just that's just awkward for him. He wants to get back in there. He doesn't have time. And look, I think your jiu jitsu days are over.
Speaker 5: But why would you even say that to me?
Speaker 2: I think he's trying to be real.
Speaker 6: You should busy, man, you should regrow the hair. And I think I should return, give hope.
Speaker 2: Never give up on. So this explains Adler's reaction.
Speaker 1: You know, I had a chance, and I even tried it for the show because now it's I mean it's always been it still is anything for the show, anything and apparently everybody wants me not to have smooth travel because it's better.
Speaker 2: For the show. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But anyway, but but the I went to his old jiu jitsu place and I was going in to talk to his old Sinsey and I was going to record it. And Adler's face when he realized that I couldn't find him was so he said, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, Do not do that, don't do that.
Speaker 6: I actually would love to see you go step Insideline hard jiu jitsu because.
Speaker 5: They'd take you down, brother, they would show you over well one hundred and fifteen pound purple belt.
Speaker 6: Woman would say, hey, buddy, get ready to tie it up and not.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going in there to roll with people. I was going there.
Speaker 5: It seemed aggressive.
Speaker 2: I want to. I wanted.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go in there and get that flip camera and a was the next thing. You look, I flip around me and Webby.
Speaker 5: Yeah that fantastic.
Speaker 2: You know that there's ladies in your current classes, like, hey, where's that little felt? Yeah, where's that guy we like to wrestle?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, normally roll with him? Where's he at? Yeah? Y'all happy, y'all feel good.
Speaker 6: You feel good about yourselves?
Speaker 1: All right, here's the thing about Andy. Here's where he doesn't Where's Andy does not understand what we do for a living because because he still has a heart.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man, if I tell it, what if that's what if that sweet person hears it?
Speaker 2: So that person, that person won't hear it. Sence you have to take. We've all done that not using names. Would just hey, this happened. This person would certainly know because they would, they would, but nobody else would. Where did that?
Speaker 5: Where does that person live in the state or a different state?
Speaker 2: Hurt a lot? On the list of people who've been offended by the show, we can add one more.
Speaker 5: Y'all just offended me.
Speaker 2: Just just the exactly do it again.
Speaker 1: According to the text, Nation David from Flowery Branch, Georgia is getting harassed everywhere he goes.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is, is David.
Speaker 7: While while Rick works do that. All I'm saying is you're working out, Just do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am back to working out.
Speaker 1: You need to be done with Brazilian ju I'm speeding on this. I don't think Greg's committee. You can't go just keep you, just keep because what I'm afraid of the speedy's concernacy. If this is right, we're afraid that you think that's the only way to exercise and your and your health is going the.
Speaker 7: Time, the time of the class does not fit your day, and you're just not gonna make it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I know I know where he's coming from because I've seen him. It isn't about the shape. He wants to be somehow deadly, Hay. He wants to be the guy that choked the gal on the subway. Oh, you want to be him, maybe not kill him. But you know what I'm saying, Daniel Penny. Yeah, yeah, he knew his name. I did I do?
Speaker 6: Yeah. The thing about taking off I'm old. Now, y'all act like I'm like a little boy, but I'm actually a man with a family. If I take two weeks off, my body has deteriorated in that short amount of time. I have to do my own workouts at my house to get my body back, to get back to jiu jitsu. Otherwise I will be like a frail, broken glass man. All right, so I asked, And so that's what that makes it even harder.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, though, can you is there like a time limit. You've been a white belt one stripe for like eight years.
Speaker 5: I've got my blue belt, Greg, I got my blue belt.
Speaker 2: It took me.
Speaker 5: Some people get a doctorate in that.
Speaker 2: Amount of time, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Some people get a black belt in that amount of time. I got a blue belt in that.
Speaker 6: When you first started, we figured by now you'd have a black belt, right, don't.
Speaker 2: Know, No, buddy, I didn't figure that.
Speaker 5: I didn't figure that, and you never thought that.
Speaker 6: Okay, you never think I'm gonna succeed and whatever whatever I did.
Speaker 2: I thought, Greg, not the most, not the greatest encourager.
Speaker 5: Is he, Hey, I took three years off.
Speaker 2: That'll hurt you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, COVID happened, my daughter was born, couldn't do anything. I'm like, well, I can't be paying for this. I got it, okay, So I canceled that. And then the next thing I know, I'm celebrating my daughter's third year birthday. I'm like, wow, Okay, so I took three years off on accident.
Speaker 2: And those that'll hurt you, sparring with that, that stuffed animal you got rest and stuff animal that don't count towards the baill.
Speaker 5: He doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen that big stuffed animal, did he rest? Yes, I've brought it in here.
Speaker 5: That's mister Bones. That's mister Bones.
Speaker 6: And he's good for practice and sometimes if I'm lonely, I'm like cuddle up to him too.
Speaker 2: Never he needs a different name immediately. No, that's true. I've never taken a class, but I think I could beat a pillow. I don't think bad thing is Adler's lost a couple of times. A couple was only twice, mister bones. Let me out, mister bones.
Speaker 5: Mister bones, you're so strong.
Speaker 1: You're so heavy, Adler. What we're saying is, take care of yourself. Jiu jitsu is over.
Speaker 2: Just let it go.
Speaker 6: Motivating me, I actually appreciate this. Y'all are motivating me anytime. Y'all call me you know small. That's like all right, that's that's five more pull ups.
Speaker 5: That they're just gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Good day.
Speaker 5: So you want to thank you the motivation to be better?
Speaker 1: Okay, well you care you butt. By the way, the pressure on blanks his work. He's in good he is. He's in when whenever is he gonna come in and say it? You mean you want to arrange it great, You're.
Speaker 6: Just mad at me because you've given up and you don't want me to see you don't want to see me do thinking.
Speaker 5: That's it, y'all have all given up.
Speaker 6: I'm still trying, and that makes y'all sad on the inside, or jes you get mad on the outside.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show, of course I'm talking about. And he wants to do and is this b is.
Speaker 4: The stool and he's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Andrews, are you? Here is the story? This Andy?
Speaker 8: Welcome back, buddy, Hey, thank you guys. It's good to be here.
Speaker 9: How was the drive from the Gulf of America. Oh, it was great, and I took the opportunity. You know, I've already read your book, and but I listened to it. I got the audible and I listened to it on the way up. And I gotta tell you, I smiled a lot reading that book, but I laughed out loud listen to it.
Speaker 2: Well, as you know, as a writer, I'm certainly not a writer.
Speaker 9: This is now after reading the listen of this, you're a writer, but you can't get by with that anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, Well, here's the thing. You know, if you don't have good content. And Bill Burgess, it's all the content you would need.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean you could. You could do an entire evening just telling those stories.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah. And they and the men really connect to them. You know.
Speaker 1: I had been telling these stories a lot of them for years at men's conferences and man churches and things like that, and so I thought, well, if if it works.
Speaker 2: There, yeah, it'll it'll probably it'll probably work here.
Speaker 8: The paddling story just about took me out.
Speaker 2: It was a good one.
Speaker 1: Well, but Greg was there for that, and I described Greg's demeanor. He you really didn't know what to do, did you?
Speaker 4: Should I?
Speaker 2: Should I be over here near Rich? Should I away from him?
Speaker 8: Whose side is playing.
Speaker 2: Some my trick on us?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: What is this about? And uh?
Speaker 1: And so thank you for that and for your endorsement and and all that. It's it's been great and and you and I are going to have a blast tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Yes we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have a blast today, but tomorrow I have the honor. I'm sorry, it's not Thursday.
Speaker 8: Is Wednesday. I do that all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh my goes, I thought I was going tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't see you Friday, see Willie so so so Friday. I'm going to have the honor you know of been doing this this book tour.
Speaker 2: And you know, Sherry warned me about book tours.
Speaker 8: You didn't, uh, because I wanted you come down.
Speaker 2: Wow. Hey, wow, this is a lot going on there is. That's quite a little pace here.
Speaker 8: Let me answer the same question for the five hundred time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and my favorite is being interviewed by the people who've written have actually read your book and been interviewed by people who.
Speaker 8: Have Oh yeah, you can tell immediately, can Well?
Speaker 1: What I did is and I won't say who it was because it was a big platform. I knew there was no way this person had time. There's no time, how many books they're sin. So I wasn't delusional, but I had the mindset of I just need access to the platform. Once he once he throws something out there, I'm just going to take off.
Speaker 8: It's like I say in my book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and people have been noticed I've been doing that. Oh yeah, that's chapter six.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so thank you for that. But I'm gonna and this is what we've been waiting on. Polly and Sherry have never met it. That's our wives for those who don't know. And so I went to Sherry and I said, hey, I'm going to go to be on Andy's podcast. And you had Sherry on during her book, and she even agreed, she said, even Andy and I she said, we kept struggling with the with the WiFi, trying to do it via podcast, I mean via zoom.
Speaker 2: Or that, and then it was probably skype.
Speaker 1: And she said, I understand why he wants you to be in the studio with him versus now. Now it's come a long way. They're much more stable now, but still in the room is always better. Look what he does for this, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: This is another example.
Speaker 1: You make the trip to be here and we're so I'm going down after the show on Friday to do Andy's podcast, and we have decided we're going to parlay this into double date.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and Shecherry exists at this point. I think you're just kind of giving me a story abouts and.
Speaker 1: Sherry just is so grateful for how you handled her book and how you made sure you used your platform and your ability to actually say, look, let me give you a real review on this and tell you all about it. And it was just beautiful. And if you've ever gone to Amazon on Sherry's book, it is what they say, here's the best review, and she's got hundreds, but Andy's is the number one one. So so look at that. It was beautifully done and you nailed it. You nailed it. And so that's gonna be fun. So we're gonna do the podcast hang out down the beach a little bit, yep, and then Sharry and I at some point when you're when you're kind of done with us, we'll mod you on back home. So so that that'll be fun. So looking forward to that. And then how does that work? Is the podcast then recorded? Then it comes out is.
Speaker 9: Recorded, and our podcast come out every Tuesday morning, every Tuesday. And if you want to get access to our podcast, just Andy Andrews dot com and put your email address in there and it'll come to you every Tuesday morning.
Speaker 1: That's great so you can catch all all things Andy. So Wisdom Harbor UH kind of is our is our unofficial sponsor of UH you know, be True or BS. If you can get it right, you're gonna get a year subscription to Wisdom Harbor. We'll talk about that a little bit coming up. But let's go ahead and get one end uh and Seth is standing by Seth Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: How are you, sir? I'm doing great, Atrick.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm doing good. Thanks for asking. So here's your categories.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Science, culture, history, wildlife? Now is the bonus for the that's for the bonuses for the team. Okay, so science, culture, history of wildlife?
Speaker 2: We think Seth history history it is and I will warn you.
Speaker 1: Andy loves history, So tell us whether this be true or our bs. If you get it right, wisdom harbor is done, but you will also get.
Speaker 2: A spin of the wheel. Okay, Andy, right, Seth, here we go.
Speaker 9: Ancient civilizations made some odd voices for contraception. In Persia, hippopotamus dung was commonly selected and it was not eaten, so you can figure out for yourself how they used it.
Speaker 2: Who did it work? Did it work?
Speaker 8: Signed to say? Maybe?
Speaker 9: Sometimes? Setting inside the obvious risks of bacterial infections. Hippopotamus manure is highly alkaline, so it's possible that it could alter a woman's pH enough to act as a mile spermicide.
Speaker 8: Oh ma. Here in the Middle Ages.
Speaker 2: Here in the Middle.
Speaker 9: Ages, European royalty was partial to pig testicles or the two front teeth of a rat. According to medical texts at the time, one could avoid pregnancy by tying a pig's testicles around the neck Curiously. This was supposed to work no matter if it was the male or the female wearing them. One could also carry the front teeth of a rat for consistent protection, or hang a mules uterus in your home. The mule uterus actually makes some kind of sense, as mules, the offspring of a donkey and horse, are sterile, thus unable to produce offspring.
Speaker 8: Be true or BS?
Speaker 2: What the quite a run there? All right? Wow, m hmm, I'm gonna say b S, B S.
Speaker 8: It's BS.
Speaker 6: You wrote that.
Speaker 9: I got a sponsor that took something real and I and I messed with it because the whole thing was built on the actual fact that ancient civilizations in Egypt used crocodile dung. I mean, they really did, but I changed it to hippo bottomus added the is hanging in.
Speaker 2: Your living by you had rats teeth in there. There was the lower track of a pig hanging around people's name, all right.
Speaker 8: So h and you're still talking about.
Speaker 4: About it.
Speaker 2: So WI tell Wisdom Harbor subscription. Seth is done. Who do you want to spend the wheel for you? You want to Greg, Speedy, Adler, Andy or me. Speedy's up here. We go go over and spend that for for Seth and let's see what happens. He said this could be big.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Let's see what happened.
Speaker 1: Seth has earned the right to get to the wheel by pointing out there. And that was bold because I didn't think there was any way anybody would make that up.
Speaker 2: That's a man spend, you know, just it was. You're right, Seth. Here we go. All right, Seth, come on, come on, come on, we'll take that right there. So, Seth, you've got some Rick Burgess Show swag. How about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you can get a T shirt and we'll get all your information.
Speaker 2: We'll send that to you. You also get to walk around saying I got it right with Andy Andrews. I'll be sure to bs. You got that and you can't put a price on that. And you get a subscription to Wisdom Harbor. So Seth, thank you for listening to the Rick Burgess Show. Dial us up. We'll take more. Still got more categories left with Andy Andrews right after this, this is what's coming in. Now we're getting this all the time. Here's a text.
Speaker 1: Rick wants you to know that I'm dressed up, I have nice shoes on. It's pouring rain, but I did not run, No, can't. So they just got that on a text. So so Andy, you we're gonna go into a story.
Speaker 2: You had some thing.
Speaker 9: Before we go in the story. I got a question or just a comment to make, and a question I was. You know, it hit me yesterday when I was listening to men Don't Run in the rain, the story about your dad grabbing the football out on the field and not giving it to the officials.
Speaker 8: Yes, and you mentioned and this guy is now was that Steve Shaw?
Speaker 2: It absolutely was Steve. Steve Shaw loves that story.
Speaker 8: I mean, I can't wait to see him and say about.
Speaker 1: Yes, Steve Shaw was the one who went to Dad and said, coach, you're right right, we're going to get you the ball. But after this it's going to be so far from here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, okay, anyway, I thought I thought that.
Speaker 2: Was all right.
Speaker 1: So somebody said to ask you to tell us the story about you singing in church amazing grace. Yeah, I'm getting a spanking for it.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yes, my dad was a minister and and and I was like, I don't know, five or six, I guess, And he said, and he didn't tell me till that morning. He said, this morning in church, I'm going to ask you come up and sing amazing Grace.
Speaker 8: Now he knew i'd do it.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm like a hog in front of people, you know, And he knew I would do it.
Speaker 8: But when he got to a.
Speaker 9: Point where he called me up, Now, I'd been thinking ever since he said it, amazing grace, that's so boring because I didn't know what it meant. All I knew is that every time they'd sing it, it just seems so slow and boring. So when he asked me to sing it, and you know, he introduces me and pushes me forward, I'm thinking. I had noticed that the words for amazing Grace would fit into the song for ghost Writers in the Sky, and so so what I did was amazing grace. How sweet sound that saved ritch? Like me, I once was lost, but down and found what's blinding?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 9: I see? And we've been there ten thousand years right, shining as the sun. There's no less ay, sing guy's face. Then when we first begun praise the Lord, let's hear it for Jesus, the Holy ghostride or in the sky and this grit. But what I thought that some of the people in the church thought it was awesome too. My dad didn't think it was awesome. He walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder and kind of squeezed harder than it looked like he was squeezing, and he said, now, you know, that's not what I was expecting. Let's try it again. And so I thought, whooh, Okay, Well maybe it was too fast. And so luckily I also had noticed that that the words for amazing grace would fit perfectly into a song that my granddaddy played on the record player in the barn because Randma wouldn't let him play it in the house on the why. But the song was called House of the Rising Sun.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what it meant.
Speaker 9: But then also I see my mother over there play in the organ, and I think, well, her favorite singer is Elvis, and so I thought I'd give it a little Ovis to it, And I said, HOI he is ingray, oh sweet the song who Save rets like Me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: Once the sauce, but no, it was I see.
Speaker 9: And then my dad, my dad took a step toward me, and I took a step away, and I said thank you very much, and the audience went nuts, you know. But then my dad kneeled down beside me and he said one more chance, one more chance, and I thought, wow, okay. Well, luckily I had also noticed that the words to amazing Grace would fit perfectly into the theme song of my favorite television show, Gillig and Silent so d D and amazing Gress. How sweet that's sound that say, wretch like me? I once was lost that Now I found what's blowing at Now?
Speaker 2: I see, I see.
Speaker 8: That's when I got to.
Speaker 2: Spankley made it all the way to that restruct Well that's so, that's good, Andrew, and that's money.
Speaker 1: So so apparently you told that one because it was requested today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's it. Does it kill every time?
Speaker 8: It does?
Speaker 2: It does?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So it's you know, we were you and I were talking about that's the.
Speaker 8: Only thing I have on Facebook that has a millions.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, right, yeah, the I love the one knee down to you. People are saying, is be true or b that story be true? Yeah?
Speaker 1: The I remember it was because we've been talking about books, and we've talked about all the stuff you did and and how good you were when when Sherry's book first came out. And I told the story yesterday at uh up at the seven hundred Club, and because they were asking about all the things, and they started asking about Sherry and that too, and and I said, I'll tell you a story because I even was talking with someone. You know, there's some people that when it comes to her book, they're afraid to read it. There there there's so you and I were at a conference and I had watched you do your thing, and you were Friday night and I was Saturday morning, but I was already there, so I came, do you remember this? I did, So I come there and you and I are talking backstage and it was and I didn't give him any heads up because he run into the prompt plane. I said, oh, by the way, I've got a copy of Sherry's book, because we had him there that night had just come out, and I said, here you go, just take that with you and you and.
Speaker 2: You not know.
Speaker 1: I said, oh, good, something I can read on the plane and look. And I remember the next time we talked, You're like, hey, how about a heads up or something something that means that, And you said, no warning, no one, and you said.
Speaker 9: The flights is all coming up, Because sir, are you because I'm crying, I'm putting the putting the book down in my lap and leaning back and tears holding on my face, my eyes closed, and and you know, so the flavor tenants and one of them didn't just say it and get the know I'm find others came up.
Speaker 8: I said, are you sure? He says there anything when you get you? Is there anything you do?
Speaker 9: And I said, he could put me in Delta one?
Speaker 2: He said at one point he said, they just just held the book up to start pointing at it. Yeah, fault. Have you ever done Delta one? Have you ever been there been to Delta one? I have not, and I have not. It's a whole different world in there. It's a hole.
Speaker 1: God. Well, and if you remember we told this story on there because I had talked about how that there's another one of my I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I create as much as you had them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that, And and they even came on the p a and welcomed me to the plane.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And I find out later when I get back from the trip, that one of our lists, nurse, was doing a scanner and he heard you know somebody who, thank you, supports what we do, who apparently worked in the tower at the airport.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And he recorded him talking to the pilot going, hey, man, can you do me a favor?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, what you need. You got Rick Burgess on the flight. Could you just welcome him? What's that again? Said again?
Speaker 1: And he goes, he goes, he goes Rick Burgess, and you hear the pilot going, yeah, sure, now you spell it, did you say, Rick Burgess? Okay, yeah, sure enough, I mean, And so they did, and so they it was somebody.
Speaker 2: That's so good.
Speaker 9: Do you know One time, this is years ago, I was I was on the plane and Auburn athletes come on the plane and they are carrying big trophies and everything. The swim team had just won the national championship. And so I said to the flight of him, I said, you know who these guys are and she said no, I said, this is Auburn. They won the national championship. You need to congratulate them on the on the intercome. She said, okay, I said, just make sure you say their battle cry when you get through.
Speaker 8: It's roll tight.
Speaker 2: And she did. And this is why you have this is why you have very few friends, you know. Thank you, Andy, and looking forward to Friday. Yeah, absolutely, Andy, andrews uh. And if you want to find out more, go to Wisdomharbor dot com. I see some of you homeschools say, hey man, we want that Wisdom Haarbor dot com. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Because on an international flight, my my my driver's license wasn't enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always had to have the past, especially.
Speaker 7: Right now, Rick, with the hype and the lines that and the nightmares we're hearing from different communities and states about that to get these IDs and you definitely want to wait till it dies down if you don't need it, and you know.
Speaker 2: If you're covered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so hear me again when you say, well, yeah, Rick, but you could have that in your wallet. But understand, if you fly internationally, that's not enough. You have to have the passport. So now every flight for me is just like an international flight. You see the I do now if I never had to fly internationally and never needed a passport, well sure, then than than the star ide.
Speaker 5: The way it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you've already got one and you've traveled internationally, it's just the same airport. It's just the same airport experience every time. Now that's the only thing that's changed. So uh, it really was no big deal.
Speaker 2: Uh not good? Here woman dies of brain eating amba.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, and you know how don't you simply using tapwater in a nasal rents device?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, Nettie pot m seventy one years old nasal irrigation device filled with unboiled tapwater from an r v's water faucet. Oh ah, that's bad. Yeah, inside bright brain eating me. When I hear brain eating amiba, God rest this woman soul that I don't. I don't hear anything about it. I don't hear anything about eating. These are those kinds of things. You're like, man, why why are there amibas that eat our brains?
Speaker 5: And they're in there? They're more common. I've I've read about them.
Speaker 6: Because I do the sinus rents thing, and you know, i'll read about something I'm a threat to do that and they're they're more common in Florida and you A lot of times it's with a situation where some you have someone that is doing this too much and all the time, and it gives the amiebas.
Speaker 5: You got more chances to have an amba in your brain.
Speaker 6: This actually happened to some when I was a kid, and tell a kid in Texas.
Speaker 2: This happened to America, Texas.
Speaker 6: A man that went.
Speaker 2: To our church thing.
Speaker 5: You can't do anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and you can't do anything.
Speaker 2: So you're just waiting for it to eat your brain as you slowly die. What you think, Hey, I got it. All I was trying to do is to keep from having a nation a sinus infection.
Speaker 6: Yes, and I sign this rints twice a day. I did it this morning, and I am bottled water all day. I buy the uh just a gallon.
Speaker 2: So you put microplastics up your nose.
Speaker 5: It's better than it's better than the other.
Speaker 2: Has it helped every morning?
Speaker 6: You I have to do every morning, every night, and it does help. I do need signus surgery still, but it's helping put it off. I look like I've been punching the face, but at least I don't have a sinus infection.
Speaker 2: That's true. All right, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Not only am I fixing things, becoming a little handy, kind of starting to be a little more, a little more equipment savvy.
Speaker 2: Here you go. Yeah, went on up to wait until he's six? Did you get all this work? Went on up to Virginia Beach, did a broadcast out of my hotel room, my roar, set it up, went live, chest test until yo got me. Uh and kind of I don't know dot, I don't recall that being too stressful for y'all.
Speaker 8: Know.
Speaker 2: Everything wasn't good. I think I was there ready to go. Uh so uh.
Speaker 1: You know, usually when Tom the engineer comes in, it's uncomfortable because I can't get involved in the conversations or whatever. Yeah, but now you see me light up. Yeah, yeah, I got that source wireless and uh went live. And I've noticed in the in the in the equipment world, you know, and it can be a little bit annoying. But but now that I'm in, I think I'll do it. When people who know how and they refer to these things like they're human. We got to get this guy talking to that guy. Yeah, And uh, I've always thought that was weird. It is, but but a minute ago I said, well, you know, I said, I went ahead and cut on the uh wireless there and I had that guy talking over to uh to the comracs. Oh, I'm sorry that this guy. Uh you know, you take this guy and you put over and talk to that guy. We got to get this guy and that guy talking. And I was pointing, you know, comras, I throw comraes.
Speaker 2: How times you're.
Speaker 5: Talking about this guy right here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, which guy do is you got to take?
Speaker 1: You take this guy and you got to click on this guy and then move it over and let this guy and so.
Speaker 2: These guys are talking. Yeah, I'm starting to learn the lingo. You something else.
Speaker 7: That's the only thing I was looking forward to on your trip was you going through Tessa and you were so worried about this comrades unit and were in Texas asking Tessa about what they think.
Speaker 2: You know, they said you could take it if you had a star idea. Yeah, I just I was really wanting you to get to go through that.
Speaker 1: Nope, I really, well, you know what cost you that bit is everybody involved with my Texas trip, those airports. Look, I was a dog that had been hit about playing around by the road. And let me tell you what I wasn't gonna do again on Mondays, go back on that road again. I wouldn't go play a player. I wouldn't go we hit again. I'm going to I want a different way. You wouldn't believe the freedom either. Of course voice is not here yet, but the freedom but at least right now, Yeah, the freedom of you know what I could take this suitcase is comras anywhere?
Speaker 2: Did y'all think I'm made the right call? Though? I kept it inside the cabin with me. That was oh yeah, it didn't need to be out not not private. Yeah like that.
Speaker 1: I didn't put it in the nose or the tail because I thought, again that need to get that.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a pretty good call, Rick, What I just I'm just making some decisions on equipment com rex. I'm gonna say a lot today. Yeah, yeah, the comracks and it takes a little lot of boot up stand by.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this guy takes a little while.
Speaker 1: This guy takes a little while to the boot up. Now, this guy over here is already acknowledging it sees it. The one thing that I told you this on the show yesterday. The one thing that you missed though there was a bad moment, but I didn't bother all with it because I just gave it time. Oh a little troubles you is when I got when I chirst, I remember, if I stayed in the old plan, I wouldn't have time to do this because i'd have been getting there in the middle of the nine. And I saw the poor sap who was also on seven hundred Club yesterday, who said his plane got in there four hours late.
Speaker 2: So anyway, he looked real sleepy too. But but because I know that feeling.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so I first time that I turned everything, these guys weren't talking. I said, I said, this guy didn't didn't get them guys together. This guy didn't didn't recognize or.
Speaker 2: See that guy. Ask your friend used to be getting together and talking to it, right and all I simply didn't hobe Then you, I think you'll like this because I was real sleepy, because you know, I was working on two fifteen two hours and fifteen minutes so of sleep. So when when I almost turned it off and went word about the morning, and I said, now I'm gonna turn it off, and then before I go to bed, I'm gonna turn it on again and see if this guy will talk to that guy and like saying it.
Speaker 1: And so I did, and they talked, and then I thought to myself that now should I not turn them back on, have now wasted it? I really would have been better off if they've just done that tomorrow. I worried about that a little bit, but not long, because you've only been If you only slept two hours fifteen minutes, nothing can keep you awake. No, you're gone unless you have insomnie or something, which I don't. I just I just sometimes don't get to sleep much. But but but I then and then I start trying to catch up. And what I haven't done yet is to add the days together and realize that I'm still behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll never get it. Well, you can't do They say, what sleep you can't catch up on? You need to rest. It's good if you go over twenty four hours you get something.
Speaker 7: It's just gone. I'm just glad you were able to get to get some sleep.
Speaker 1: Do you think the people that were in the room next to me could hear me? I was out on that We we talked about that. I didn't go you're a little loud. Now I'll tell you what. They probably didn't like.
Speaker 2: I see you missing. Oh yeah, they probably.
Speaker 1: Didn't care for that. Yeah, they started the show. I don't think they care.
Speaker 5: Mister Chen is ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still alive for another day. We got more chains than their sisters.
Speaker 5: Hey, I found Rick's elbow and it's just because of the as you were getting your TV makeup on Rick. I'm sorry to say that sentence.
Speaker 2: Smart. How about there's people that you have great respect for. It every day looks like you're missing an arm.
Speaker 5: It looks like you're you know, oh my.
Speaker 2: Goodness, that's what it would look like if you got shark. Yeah, so that's what it would just look weird.
Speaker 5: But your elbow is pretty normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somewhat normal. How about this? Yeah, that's what it would like if I had half arm. I know it would. I wish that kind of just for one show, for one show.
Speaker 1: And I want you to know I did something yesterday, speedy, and it showed self control. I think I must have been on a pretty spiritual high. You you sent and I'm gonna look.
Speaker 2: Was it to all of us or just to me. I think it was just to me.
Speaker 1: What and and if Greg and you. I don't think Greg would have done it. I don't think he would have showed this kind of self controls see.
Speaker 2: Oh oh no it was to the group. My dad said, yeah, I want to I want to say that. I okay, then the group has got some growth here. Yeah. For some reason, Greg doesn't. He never responds anything.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna You're not going to get Greg to respond unless Lisa him.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So so anyway, Speedy sent something from his dad that was very very kind and very we encouraging and and he said that he had just finished watching PM the interview that and and I did not send back watching Greg so that says, uh, so we'll really he listened to it, and because I don't think he could watch it. But I mean, but he says, he says, watch and right right, watch right, And so I was nobody did that, and I thought that was growth.
Speaker 2: Nobody did that's right. And once the point I thought would that be funny that I thought, no, this is too moving. So I didn't do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, uplifting and his compliment to you know, it would have been a horrible time for you to a compliment.
Speaker 2: Of course you're never going to get Hi fixed up to listen to the book.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you these but yeah, no, coming from one John Wilburn Senior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I meant a lot.
Speaker 7: He he only had one typo in it, and bless his heart, look right over it happened.
Speaker 2: I looked right over.
Speaker 7: He said, he just finished watching. Uh, your interview obviously meant watching. Yeah, it's just I do it and I can see, yes, you know, but he.
Speaker 2: Is something else? What a man here on Father's Day? What a man?
Speaker 6: Does your dad use the a D audio description instead of c C that you know you got close captions for deaf people?
Speaker 5: But they have actually have his D right right, They have a D.
Speaker 6: For blind people and it's a narrative. It narrates visual elements of the program to help blind people follow the action.
Speaker 7: I don't know, I think I think that'd be a bit did you know that I've actually accidentally turned that on?
Speaker 1: And and they get real it's like it's like you're it's like reading a book. They'll go right now, moving down a kind of a kind of a dark street with a slight breeze blowing through the.
Speaker 7: Wind, you know, so, so if there was an announcer in a game, it would take over. It would take that over, and the announcer wouldn't come through. It would just be the description, like, you know, batter is standing stepping into the box. It's kind of the picture's coming set now. That would be kind of neat the.
Speaker 1: First Yeah, yeah, stuff like that. I don't know if it will were sports in the movie, yeah, because I mean, you know, I couldn't forget what it was. You ever accidentally engage something like that and you're like, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm like, you know the part where the movie is just kind of cranking up and it's telling you, you know, uh kind of low a low bass music is playing and.
Speaker 2: I'm like birds chirping, yeah, and I'm not looking around a man smoking. It's neat.
Speaker 5: Here's an example.
Speaker 2: Oh you got you got you let me see this. Yeah. Police lights flash on the front of the buyer's house as Officer Callahan stands outside with Joyce and Jonathan there.
Speaker 5: You got that.
Speaker 2: I wish that was your voice. You were the narrator and I love you. They pulled up here at this house and them lives is flat on the front of it and in the.
Speaker 5: Junkie looking house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ladies a little overweight. The lady comes to the door. Of course, she's large, you know he's here. Comes her husband, had nice ears.
Speaker 7: Yeah, looks like you need it's the Greg story because I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're making up some crapers.
Speaker 7: Experience because you can choose right, and you choose that.
Speaker 1: Going inside the house here, my goodness, I guess they're hoarders. Okay, Yeah, that's strange. Okay, this guy, this guy's story. Not sure I'm buying.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 5: The standing in front of a fridge.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there's beer in it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, his eyes are lowering his ears.
Speaker 2: He's in trouble.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Lady answers the door. Of course, she wishes she was cleaner. Wow, that's a nice grill on her. Yeah right, so of course, nice teeds. Yeaheah strawberries to a pig of fans.
Speaker 5: Police officer at the front door. I don't know who's gonna he's gonna be in hot pursuit of he can't run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a liable to shoot somebody. He's not going Jason.
Speaker 7: Something might differ with that. I think maybe maybe to be a little bit more rounded, you could, you know, for conversation purposes that kind of have an idea what the heck's going on?
Speaker 1: So yours you're making the call that that we should we should have good interest in this than we do now.
Speaker 7: I didn't say sit down and study it and know every name to every losers for not caring about yes to kind of have a general idea of what's going on.
Speaker 1: By the way, someone said if there was the option to have Greg narrate a movie for them, they would pay one hundred and ten dollars a month today.
Speaker 2: Okay, that not be awesome.
Speaker 1: They've even got categories on there, Rude Tourette's joy, stealer, Oh I love Okay, Okay, but anyway, it's interesting, so stealer of joy.
Speaker 2: See look at me. I'm even trying to divert away from this. I'm so I have so little interest you go ahead and throw.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna say like to if you're listening live and it's it's June eleventh on ABC Tonight, the NBA Finals Game three.
Speaker 2: The series is tied one to one, playing thunder Pacers times YEP. You sure have, Bud, it's going to be it just won't stick. It's gonna be an indie.
Speaker 7: Uh, it's it's tonight, it's it's uh, it's game three, as I just mentioned, Uh the do what?
Speaker 2: I don't remember that. I mean Oklahoma City, buddy, I know, but it's just they're not When I think of basketball, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Of which one, which one? Which team doesn't exist the most? The Oklahoma City Thunder or Sacramento Kings.
Speaker 2: Sacramento Kings. I always forget they're still in the NBA too. Okay, all right, but what about the Tropics? What's that? The Flint Trophics so good?
Speaker 7: Game four of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals is tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: It's back. It's back in Florida. Can we get this over just round?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: I know that first Game four, it's not Game twenty. First game ended in a extra period, it had to go to overtimes in game two. Then there was a blowout in Game three. It's back in Florida.
Speaker 2: I say, a big fight about ten people at one time. Oh yeah that was Game three. Yeah that was good.
Speaker 7: That this is going to be on Thursday and and one that's kind of neat, y'all, you're gonna poo poo all over.
Speaker 2: It is neat. We had a neat story.
Speaker 7: We had a seventeen year old qualify for the US Open out of South Georgia. Mason Howell is his name, and he is seventeen years old and gonna play in the US Open.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna win though, by the way, that's if you click to enjoy stealer.
Speaker 5: Yes, he ain't gonna win them.
Speaker 2: So that's if you were narrating his door. Seventeen qualified, Corse ain't gonna win. That's great, that's awesome. Hey be here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's really a crazy story.
Speaker 2: On go ahead.
Speaker 7: I think it's a pretty cool story. I mean, what it's not about on the you know, Junior download. But maybe if Junior told you, you'd be.
Speaker 8: Like, oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I would. Uh, since he's new, do you call him by his first name? But not because he hadn't established himself to be.
Speaker 7: Ad you called Dale Junior Dell all the time, and don't catch yourself your Yeah that's different, is it?
Speaker 2: But you do that with golf on everybody except you like to say d a sharp me.
Speaker 7: No, I say, people, that's his name, including that's his name. If I said Bryce and you go, huh who Yeah, but don't call this another Xander.
Speaker 2: But I don't care. Another Rory. Yeah, a lot of Rory you do you know? First named Rory. Yes, name it.
Speaker 1: Roy Andrews, Roy Williams.
Speaker 2: Golfing Roy, not Rory. Yeah. Scotty different, Yes, a lot of Scotti's. I got more Scotty friends than I. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's just you know, I mean, I don't know if I'm doing anything out of the ordinary here.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying everything you all do it. You don't have to feel.
Speaker 7: You don't have to draft and baby brother, I've studied the golf they go field a minute.
Speaker 2: Oh but you can feel lefty? Uh the what you do so grabbing? How many tigers you know? I know a lot of Eldridges. Uh? Okay, let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: Are we we all know that if a guy and I'm in this class, Okay, if you feel if your name is rick and you grow up and you're a grown man, you're still going by Ricky your trouble, that's true. How you feel about the Scots who continue to be Scotty?
Speaker 2: I know? Is that as bad some reason, it's not to me.
Speaker 1: It's bad because think about this. Somebody said, I don't know what happened. I mean rick was over there. Okay, I don't know what happened. I mean Ricky's over there. Yeah, I picture some kid. You're like, well, you also think something's going on. Uncle's rich, A grown man who's going by Ricky.
Speaker 2: He's trouble. So so let me get this right.
Speaker 7: So we started this segment segment with a seventeen year old qualifying for the US opening.
Speaker 2: Now we're breaking down names. Yes, what you have to talk abou stuff I'm interested in?
Speaker 7: Well, but I mean I'm just mean, what's going there in that giving you information that you should be somewhat interested?
Speaker 2: Do you think he's gonna win? You don't have to study? No, but it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Are you going to try to make me be interested in the w NBA? We promised me you never would.
Speaker 2: Well, Kaitlyn's you know, she's back from marine. I don't care what kidding. I don't know about that.
Speaker 5: I don't care what Kaitlyn Jenner is doing.
Speaker 7: Besides drinking, Greg, what were you doing at seventeen?
Speaker 2: So if i'd have been mom, I wouldn't. I didn't care nothing about golf.
Speaker 7: What if too professional golfers Harris English and so Raca, now who from Georgia or played at Georgia. What if they texted you at seventeen and said, hey, you want to play a practice round. You've qualified, and you go out there at seventeen, and that's a pretty cool I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't have handled it. That's my story. I might have to say, like a hair metal man in concerts, is it yeah? I really think it's at seventeen.
Speaker 1: If somebody told me that they think I had some talent you could play in the US Open, I was like, oh, I got to miss the show. I'm going to yeah with them, be some other things I'd rather do.
Speaker 2: You know, let me ask you this. Don't get to play with Phil he is playing?
Speaker 7: Is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He is.
Speaker 7: It's a it's an Oakmont country Club in Pennsylvania. So that's this weekend. They're saying that that that that that overpart might actually win the tournament.
Speaker 2: It's that the rough is that bad, that old I may have to watch now may win it. And playing fields it's a field there on down here.
Speaker 7: It says that de ll Earnhardt junior should should appear, and uh, it's going to be at the first tea to welcome everybody you care.
Speaker 2: Don't be disrespected to tie him into golf.
Speaker 7: Yeah, anyway, that's just a just a glass. It's just a gland for them. And I didn't even bring up the World Series about to crank up. I didn't even bring that up College baseball, didn't even bring it up that it was not a team. And I won't do this every day, just every nine and then things you might ought to give a rip about.
Speaker 2: There's no teams in it I care about. Right, Oh, there you go, And hey, braves, what are we doing all right? Anyway? I lost you do know?
Speaker 4: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Hello America, Rick here from the Rick Burgess Show. Now tomorrow we'll be gathering for a brand new show. Andy Blanks has a horrible case of second hand embarrassment.
Speaker 1: He has a story tomorrow that we will all feel his pain. Right here on a brand new Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.