Speaker 1: Big Fox enter team like please, I'm well Rick Butchers, So it's speedy, Greg Butchers and Evan and Rick Boches.
Speaker 2: Let's go America. You see those Brookwood coal miners.
Speaker 3: They say they're ready. You think there's one cold Water? Do you think there's one Brookwood coal miners. It doesn't walk in the ring. You think they run?
Speaker 2: The coal miners don't run in the ring. Both those ready. Laurel, Mississippi.
Speaker 3: Ready, North Carolina's Philadelphia, Mississippi, Decatur, Alabama, to buy you, Labarte Alabama. Ready, the Bigfoot Conference of Fort Mclenan's ready, Pitsacola on the Gulf of America. Ready, Union Ce, Tennessee, Winchester, Indiana. Louisville, Kentucky, home of the Derby. Huntsville, Alabama, Ready to go. Greg Bread is ready Ready, not the band the Food. Fort Knox is ready, Selma, Pennsylvania, Jappa, Alabama.
Speaker 2: Everybody ready to go.
Speaker 3: I see you, Jacksonville, Alabama, home of jack State. I see you too, and all the others that are pouring in. Thank you so much for letting us know that you are ready for another Rick Burgess show. As you heard, the gang is all here. Speedy Greg and Adler fellas Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hello, check one check.
Speaker 3: We almost welcomed the tubers to another edition of Strange Encounters.
Speaker 2: And I'm mad and I'm just upset that Adler saw it last second and ran in yep, and switched the camera to where everybody couldn't see him running in. And we wanted, we wanted so badly for him to see. Just wait till we were live and then go.
Speaker 4: Oh, those of you listening, those of you listening.
Speaker 2: The studio says about it.
Speaker 3: The studio had been transformed into the setting for the new podcast, Strange Encounters, episode three this weekend. Yes, so Adler and I knocked that out yesterday, and you know, we both were trying to get places and whatever, and I guess Adler left the studio in the Strange Encounters mode and we saw it soon as.
Speaker 2: We got here. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: But first of all, Adler, we didn't think we were supposed touch your stuff. Oh no, it's just and second and secondly, we wanted to see how long it took you to realize it.
Speaker 2: But it was close, Yes, it was. It was so close.
Speaker 5: I'll actually show what it really looked like because I had I had it framed like this, so you couldn't see the sign and I'm laughing at Speedy the whole time. Speedy's laughing at me while I'm doing it. But what it really looked like was this, So.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is great. So we came in.
Speaker 3: This is how the studio look for those of you that can see on the tubers. There we go and now this is that thing?
Speaker 2: Got it? And then it ran out very good, buddy the whole time, just just a grinted the whole time.
Speaker 3: So so anyway, that is coming out this weekend, episode three of Strange Encounters, And according to also the contract uh company that is run by young Broderick Burgess. Brody Burgess his company, he says that he will get episode four, which is the Burgess bast Battle Part two to Adler today, So that'll be coming out this weekend as well. Uh And another Ricking Bubba's Great Hits in Radio Gold episode twenty coming out this weekend as well. So you got a lot of content to enjoy outside of the Daily Show, And of course you can always catch up on things you miss on the Daily Show too, because Adler archives that too. Adler has quite a little day every single day, but he gets it ready and you, guys, thank you for all your response, the good, the bad, the ugly. Some of you are a little annoying. I do believe that some of you that if we were to give away seriously a diamond ring, if we were to give you a diamond ring that were five carrots, you would comment, what six carriats? Well, y'all can't handle that. Five carriats is all y'all can do. This is disappointing. I really believe that there's some of you. I think you just wait to be negative no matter what we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, and it's weird that you're spending so much time with us while saying you don't like anything we do.
Speaker 2: That's the weird we find that. Would you know what? That's kind of weird enough. You shouldn't be listening.
Speaker 3: There's something they're strange. I think that might even be a psychiatric problem.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You know, we touched on that with Jared hug And yesterday when you came in about negative people. I just don't have time for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just you know what.
Speaker 2: I normally do. If it's things I don't like, I don't watch it. No, Yeah, I don't know what they're doing because I didn't watch it.
Speaker 3: And I'm not talking about the people who love the show, and you just give us your opinions on how I like that. Matter of fact, there is a there's a really good email today that was sent to me that is an idea for the Burgess ball.
Speaker 2: But I saw that yesterday. Ask me, I think that's a good idea, bad one, I wouldn't not doing it today. Feedback is wonderful.
Speaker 3: We love feedback, but it's apparent that some of you you just sit there like you're hunting and you're sitting in your blind waiting for us to walk in the green.
Speaker 2: Field so you can shoot at us again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, if they put something outside, let's go, let's let's go tell her about how much we don't like it.
Speaker 2: Right, And it's it's the same thing. And I think it's the same thing. And I mentioned that you could almost take the negative folks and probably enter about six or seven different chat rooms or comments and variety of things from your homeowners association this to city council meetings and this, and they were there would be the same person complaining about whatever whatever is going on.
Speaker 4: Well, I've noticed, and I know Adam hadd.
Speaker 2: I pray for people that way because they just look at things in a negative light.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I that Adler notices it too, And I have I know you have got if you over a period of time now you know, in our about to be six months of the new show, you realize at this point it's down to about the same ten people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's it's the same whatever.
Speaker 3: So so and you know what we say in Calhoun County that'll just have to be with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: And but this is something that a friend of mine sent me today. Because of the whole deal, we were no longer going to attempt to reason with the unreasonable people. A quote from Thomas Pain today, I put it out on X. To argue with the man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. It's a it's a complete waste of your time. It is Thomas Pain, the Great Thomas Pain. So so anyway that will be out for those of you that uh uh. And and the other thing is if you want to have some fun, for those of you that are really enjoying what we're doing and the content we're putting out, and I see some of you are starting to do it without being prompted. If you really want to have fun, why don't we take this bunch and then let's let's let's go on offense every time they post something that is unreasonable. Let's let's let's let them know how how we feel about the support of what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, so I've had people say that before, and I know most of you that just enjoy.
Speaker 2: What you're doing.
Speaker 4: You don't have time for that garbage. And I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: But if you are in that world, I can remember times when we've gone through difficulty and you've heard me say this before, and sometimes I remember people coming to me during a really difficult battle that was public that a lot of you remember that my wife and I were going through, and people say what can we do for you? And I remember saying, well, you could publicly defend us. That'd be great. Uh, you know, since since the opposition is publicly tearing us down and attacking us. I love those that support us silently and privately, and that's important, love the prayer.
Speaker 4: But you could also go on offense and defend us publicly.
Speaker 2: That'd be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, and that's always very helpful, and so so anyway, Uh.
Speaker 5: I want you to know that a lot of the ire in those situations, it's people that don't understand the situation and don't truly even know what's going on in that situation.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 5: And when I do explain a particular situation, people say, oh, well that's different than what I've been told and what I thought, you know, and so you do kind of even mentioned it. You almost feel you almost feel bad sometimes for people that are so filled with anger and hate and and and and uninformed they don't even know what's even going on.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 5: You know, We've gotten some nasty emails before. And really, the the the end all be all that I end up sending people is man, you are You're you're kind of messed up, and you're you seem very sad and miserable, and I'm actually praying for you.
Speaker 2: And that's the way to go. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's a wild world.
Speaker 3: And I will say this, some of them find their way into the text Nation, but what they've all forgotten is that we can actually, unlike these other places on the text Nation, we see your phone number and I just simply write it down. And so I've reached out to some of them and said, let's have a conversation about what Adler just said, the things you don't have right, And I will say I probably have done that to say ten people, and I have actually had two that I commend that would say, yet us have a conversation. And just like Adler said, once we had the conversation, they had a completely different point of view. Now the eighty percent will not have a conversation. They won't talk to you, and they're just going to stay where they are. And then that gets back to the Thomas Pan quote. Then I realized, Okay, so you don't want to have a conversation, you don't really want to be informed, you don't want me to answer these questions. So there's nothing I can do about that. And at that point, actually a piece because you tried, yeah, you know, and.
Speaker 2: It's not a lot, it's a it's a few. Yeah, but they just oh, and we're guilty of our human nature. You know, the Lord gives you, you know, eighty five to ninety percent of people encourage you, encouraging you, and then here comes the adversary with about you know ten to fifteen percent that are against you, and which ones do you spend your time on? That makes sense and we shouldn't do that, we should actually, but I do. I do try to make an attempt to, like Adler said, explain if I've given that opportunity for We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us today, America. Fun fun, fun ahead. We got to burge your small battle coming up, we got box seats. I'm for implementing this suggestion today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am too. It's a good one.
Speaker 3: It's a good one. I just read over and I need to go back. It's a good suggestion. So, you know, because even things we read that living it up. Yeah, that's the things we were working on and trying. Some things work, some things don't. Then some things evolve and you keep kind of working on them. So we may add that element today. I think it will bring a little more uh you know, it'll get people going, ooh, that's intriguing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: Somebody has to make a decision. I like that.
Speaker 3: So we'll read it to you here in a little bit and then we'll implement it today. So that's coming up. Also, keeping up with the unbelievably positive response to men Don't Run in the Rain and all the stuff you guys are sending me in all the videos and all the it's just been. I asked the team yesterday, has this exceeded our expectations? And it has been a resounding yeah. Thought the book, thought the would do well, you know, just because I know Dad's intriguing and the topic not the writer. But it has exceeded expectations. And today there should be another group of people that will get a chance to find out about it that maybe are not familiar with what we do. Because our friend Sean Hannity is kind enough that he has offered me an opportunity to be on with him today. Now we're talking about radio, we're not talking about the TV. So the Sean Hannity radio show I will be on with him this afternoon. We don't really have a solid time because we're because with Seawn's schedule, we're going to pre record it and then they're going to play it on the show today. We're not sure when, but it will be sometime during his afternoon radio show today. We think maybe somewhere around for thirty five thirty Central. We think but I can't promise that, but it will be on today, So that will be another great fired up to be ready. Oh well, I can't wait. The first thing I'm going to tell him is he may not think I can whip him, but our dad's search could.
Speaker 2: Don't get it out dad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, our dad could have whipped him. And with the one hand behind his back. Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 2: You need you need to tell the story about he would stand in a doorway. Oh you see, anybody can get through him.
Speaker 4: I thought that was so normal, and now I realize it's not.
Speaker 2: Uh. I look, I know y'all aren't into it, but there's a lot that are. The The twenty twenty five Women's UH Softball World Series is going on right now in Oklahoma City. Out of the eight teams, five or SEC teams, and so that's going on. And today the NCAA Men's Road to Omaha starts and they've got regionals all over the country and UH and that starts at eleven am Central today on a variety of ACC SEC network, SPN, U, ESPN two. So it's going to be softball baseball crazy. And I know a lot of folks follow that. So what's the have do Earnhardt and and and that broke out yesterday in the staff text, what got what you got to do with you? I know you were you were saying a phil because I don't think you have tear ducks, but you claimed you were watery eyed. I don't know what crying is like.
Speaker 3: But if, but if I think what I what happened yesterday when I watched the episode three and four of the Earnhardt Amazon Prime A documentary, I think that's what crime must feel like.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: I almost took the squally. Hey, it's I finished the first two to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that nil, but but the I had. I said, well, you watch a trailer with me and then let me know if you're all in and we're watching this together, if I can move on without you. And she watched the trailer, she says, I'm in. Okay.
Speaker 3: I couldn't. I couldn't get Sharry to watch it again. I said a little bit because I wanted to move on stand it. I knew I was in trouble when Cherry couldn't get past the fact that Earnhart wasn't a great father and uh and hey in three and four, though Junior he just wanted so much. His dad saves pride of him.
Speaker 2: When he finally won, he looked at him like he had never looked at him before.
Speaker 3: Boy, that was a moment that all Star race, watching Dale running towards him could not right when they finally established relationship.
Speaker 2: Don't tell the whole show, of course, heeing the daughter and stop being the daughter. It's always see you've done it. You've done it. Greg, You've let him, You've let it.
Speaker 5: Tell the whole show? Would you please stall in the whole show?
Speaker 3: It's in his history. Adler's not as there's a lot of things that they like tell us from the camp house. We don't know what's gonna happen. Okay, everybody knows the story, of course, everything's in there.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I wish I wish I didn't know.
Speaker 5: There are things that I'd like to learn by watching it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, i'd be nice, be thankful.
Speaker 3: Hey, you let me tell everybody in this room something what we'd all should be thankful for. Okay, right now, I'm a I'm about to be somewhat serious. Well at the same time joking a little bit because I just can't keep from doing it.
Speaker 2: Be thankful.
Speaker 3: If you've got a dad that told you was proud of you, just set it straight out.
Speaker 2: Yeah for real.
Speaker 4: And if you have, if you have sons, go ahead and tell them. Don't think they know, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let them know.
Speaker 4: Let them know unless you're not. But I mean, if you are, please let them know.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: You forget that that. Some just don't don't have that. They don't have it, and they don't have a dad. Well, and it's generational too, it's generational to his daddy never told him. And and then you just stop it.
Speaker 3: And it's that thing where that you have these kind of dads and I know them, they're stolen this or whatever. This has nothing to do with the show. I'm not telling you that does. But what I'm saying is they and I know what they're doing. And I could even see three doing it. They almost have this attitude. Can't y'all tell I'm proud of you? You know, don't watch my actions.
Speaker 4: I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of my own weird way trying to show you. Don't gonna just say it some of them, some of them just look them in the eye and say, son, I'm proud of you. Help me, give me some guidance. Rick A text said, I don't know how to get around Britain. People are screaming for you to please stop. They're gonna watch it this weekend, and you're destroying it. I'm gonna spin out. Dad tell me how to drive this track. He can figure do on your own, son. Why can't he stop? I'm looking for you, you're his brother. I'm just ignoring it. I don't hear what he said. You do react. I don't hear what you say. Wife had to do it. I should have never gone down to everyone to tell you what's sharp.
Speaker 3: I should not have gone down those steps and took on that Earnhardt documentary alone.
Speaker 2: Good gracious. Yeah, all right, he's holding up his three. Now I'm done. I'm not gonna say anything. Yeah, I'll fish. I'll finish it this weekend. I gotta hurry. All right, it's over.
Speaker 4: Don't watch it. You can't get through it. You're too emotional.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and my father was too loving, and it was cutting me to pieces to see the people living like that.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't your show, and I could, I could touch the board. I turned your mic off. Yeah, that's a good point. I'm sorry. Fortunately I can't. I'm done. So I'm just I'm helpless. I'm to ride it out. I'm done.
Speaker 3: Speedy tried to divert me to a soft ball back. I know that's what you're trying to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he needed a little, you know, something a little stronger in your world. Yeah, get you. Let me ask you this and not like both of those. This is quite the transition. So I apologize. But do you want to know another documentary that is getting rave reviews? What Pee Wee Herman's documentary? I keep hearing that, but I don't if I want sit down for forty something hours and discussed his life and the theater story gets it? Uh, you know they couldn't know they go into it. I haven't seen it. I watched the trailer in the reviews. You're weird, dude. I just thought i'd get a side of that.
Speaker 6: Sorry.
Speaker 3: I remember you covering that story, and every time I sat down in the theater, I'd look over my shoulter, so was behind me.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, all right.
Speaker 2: So all of us are fired up, we feel good about it.
Speaker 3: Uh, some of you may feel like we're heading in the right direction as a country right now.
Speaker 2: And I'll be with you.
Speaker 3: I agree, there's a lot of we hope we can get this implemented, some of the things that Trump wants to do. Conservatives seem to be winning the left. I mean, if you're watching some of the coverage right now, it looks like they're in a little bit of chaos, that they're not sure where they're going.
Speaker 2: But the fight is not over.
Speaker 3: If you don't think they're not going to get their act together and come back and fight, they will. That's the reason why you've got to know they're not going to give up this power. Guys, you've got to be informed and you need investigative journalism. You need it and you can find it at Blaze TV and it can be it's on demand on any device. We have content there. We think you'll enjoy our new podcast, Strange Encounters. There a best of hour of the show every day is there. But you also have you know Glenn Beck, and you know you got Steve Deese and he does an outstanding job. And there's so many great people on Blaze and they're bold, they speak their mind. We've got documentaries that really shed light on the deep State. So go right now to BlazeTV dot com slash Rick BlazeTV dot com slash ricks subscribe today and if you do that, you'll save twenty bucks off the annual plan.
Speaker 2: So be ready.
Speaker 4: Blaze TV Unfiltered, Unafraid and on demand.
Speaker 1: The Voice of Reason in an Unreasonable World, The Rick Burges's Show.
Speaker 3: I know I was trying to say that that work, but when they're all flying up on the text nation, I'm trying to say hate everybody.
Speaker 2: It's hard. You throw up a city, hard to say stuff.
Speaker 3: Uh, we don't speak well anyway. All right, So how many of you wherever you are. You've got a house you need to sell, and you need to sell. The fans could be I don't know these things work out. Your your company may be moving you and you're like, hey, honey, I got to go on. You got to stay here and sell our house. Sell my house fast. Maybe you inherited a house in the family that it's older, maybe it was mama's, and you're like, I need to sell this house. Oh my goodness, it needs some repairs. I got stuff I need to move out of it. Well, sell my house fast. We'll do all those things for you. Okay, you you look, whatever the situation is. Maybe you had a rental property and you had a tenant there that just went bad. You're like, I just need to sell this thing. I don't want to. I don't want to be a landlord anymore. Well, all these situations are perfect for sell my house fast. You know, God forbid, you've gone through some horrible divorce. I mean, it's ugly to think about, but it is a reality. For twenty five years now, the team's been successfully selling new houses, old houses, abandoned houses, all types of houses at a fair price, and they close fast.
Speaker 2: They get this done.
Speaker 3: You're not dealing with any kind of commissions to a real estate agent anything like that. Look at Google reviews, you'll see five star everywhere. They do a great job. Good people, they're fair, they're transparent. Why don't you give them a call, put them to work for you, and let's get this done. One eight hundred seven three four zero five zero four. That's one eight hundred seven three four zero five zero four. You also can find the information and the phone number at Rick burgesshow dot com under sponsors. So hopefully that's gonna take care of a problem for somebody right there. Okay, I'm not gonn talk about it. Heard, okay, good, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Good. I'm gonna try to one car and I four Greg of near mind. I'm sorry I panicked and mentioned pee wee Herman just and sure, I mean just panic, trying to get you to change. But I did see where you went with Herman. I mean that was yeah, yeah, another documentary, the SEC.
Speaker 3: Making this up. I'm not making this up. These things in life that can't be exploring. I have to he that's nothing to do with this. Listen ignoring. These things happened, I promise, Speedy, you've handed me all the stories for today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pile of them.
Speaker 3: When you said pee wee Herman. The minute you said pee with Herman, I'm not making this up. I happened to look down and go through the stories, and I saw Anthony Winer right, and yeah.
Speaker 2: He said girls are still crazy about him and we're gonna get to that. We're gonna get to that. But I saw with the SEC yesterday made the news they have upped their fine for you know, field rushing, court rushing. You know how they would all rush. They instead of like, hey, you're fined one hundred or here in two hundred, they just went ahead and said and said five hundred thousand dollars five hundred. After there was an escalating system that they used, and now the SEC is setting the penalty for rushing the field or the court after a game at over five hundred thousand dollars. So that was news yesterday because it used to be where the first offense was one hundred thousand, and then it was two hundred thousand, then it was five hundred thousand, and now they're just like, no, we're starting at five hundred and So it did get a little light hand last year, and that was even a bit to you. You were like, Okay, this isn't field wor rushing worthy. That's my point. Now was doing it now? To do it? Yeah, you won a big game. It wasn't a championship and y'all are rushing the fist and we're gonna get to go post and walk out of the stadium with it. I mean, yeah, if you won the national championship, have had it right.
Speaker 3: Well, you should send the crowd at his funeral. Speaking of crowds, help me, but trying funeral. Let's talk about this for a minute I listen on that note, you've opened the door. You're you're really you're really trying to get us into sports today and.
Speaker 2: Just trying to I'm trying to do something that The best one was when Vandy beat Alabama. They went through downtown Nashville with they have done that, to be honest, because it was walking down bro is that when in the walk in the River? Yeah, no, I'll give them a pass. Vandy hadn't had much to celebrate the year's past, and now baseball they're really good, and basketball football, So I'm going to ask for one overall, since speed he's thrown a lot of sports out, let's jump in.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take the bait. I want all of you to answer this question. And you are the owner of an NFL football franchise.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I got money. I've got a lot of money. I have a bad haircut.
Speaker 3: You have a franchise player that you pay tremendous amount of money to and is the key to your success. Okay, one of the keys because it's a team sport. But he's without him a different team. I'm speaking, of course, in this case of Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: The NFL has cleared the NFL players to play in the Olympics flag.
Speaker 2: Football twenty twenty eight. I know where you're going.
Speaker 3: Got Greg's already shaking as said, would you ever remotely allow not the chance that your franchise player can be hurt in some stupid flag football game?
Speaker 2: Because here's what I say to him. You see this contract we signed, this big money and all that. That means you play one sport for me, and that's it. You paid well for it, you paid a lot for it. I'm sure NBA owners do the same thing when the players go off and play, you know, I mean, that's that's got to be tough, because you know, I mean, and why would you way twenty eight flag football is going to be in the Olympic and I don't even like that. Why we got flag football? And you know, if it's your quarterback, I mean, yeah, you could have a shoulder injury or something. But but but yeah, you can have collisions, you can are you just how about this? I don't care. I just want you focusing on what we're doing. Yeah, And I don't want you worrying about the flag football team going to the Olympics.
Speaker 3: I'm just using Patrick Mahomes as an example. But good news for Kansas City Chief fans, Speedy it appears he's not interested. He was asked about it and he said, you know, I think I'll leave it to the younger guys. I'm thirty two now, come into this next season and if some of the younger guys want to go play flag football. He doesn't seem all that interested. But it made me think about what if I had a player who was, you know, especially one that was really good.
Speaker 2: Would you let maybe your third guy go, say, some young guy that you're telling three quarterbacks on your roster, if he wanted to go play in it, would you go, yeah, if you let him?
Speaker 3: You But here's my hand up. Again, it's not the same game, so he's not getting reps that are helping me. He's actually going to play in the game that might be detrimental to his performance, and it's not gonna it's not going to have a different.
Speaker 2: Game, and it's three years away, so who knows it at that point? Who is it replacing break dancing? Or is it saying I don't know, I don't know, I would rather watch flag football than break dancing. I will say that it kind of reminded me when Earnhardt entered the restrictor. Here he goes, gosh, you know, everything goes back to that. He just adapted to whatever he had to do. Yeah, can we watch something elt real quick? Adler get him off.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when he came from eighteenth to first, standing right there at then of Pitt rod tall Dudon saw it done it deliberate.
Speaker 2: We had Pitt passes me and Dad right there as he's coming through the tribal.
Speaker 3: Junior told his dad he was proud of him for that, hoping maybe something back. Okay, here he goes, But anyway, do you watch something else, anything, anything?
Speaker 5: Alright, just check this out. This guy's got a new way of cutting pizza.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, really we need a new way.
Speaker 5: Randow way of cutting pizza. He's left with me.
Speaker 4: Hey, d earned heart, let me tell you what pizza he liked.
Speaker 5: Everybody knew he It's on a weird angle.
Speaker 7: And I hope this doesn't like trigger anybody of how I cut my pizza. Okay, and I understand this looks kind of unorthogonis, but hear me out. Okay, I want long slashes of pizza. Okay, I don't want like tiny little nubs like that long.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 7: Know, So I cut it long, so I have long slashes of pizza and I got breadstick right.
Speaker 2: Here, you know. Yeah, I'm not impressed. I don't know the waste of time. I thought he was really come up to something revolutionary that would for the radio audience. Could you explain how he cuts it?
Speaker 5: How can you explain it?
Speaker 2: He doesn't. He doesn't go like true pie, like you know, like cuts everything to the middle. He goes long way to where that the sides are a piece.
Speaker 5: Yes are the point isn't in the middle. All the points around on in the middle, like the point is on the side. So he ends up with like three really long pieces of pizza and then two breadsticks.
Speaker 2: Instead of going to the center of the clock, everything's going to twelve o'clock. Yes, you know what that would be?
Speaker 4: That that's the way Jeff Gordon would have cut it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: And when he came on the scene, you're back to Homeline and Earnhart caught him wonder boy and questioned his sexuality. Yes he did, he did, he did. Yeah, of course Earnhart was Joe. Of course, of course Earnhart need to take it with it with his team because the cars weren't handling.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he went a little all right speed.
Speaker 5: I'm going to talk about pizza again, Speedy. What I'll do also at the end, I'll cover the crust with tinfoil and then broil it for a few minutes so the pepperoni gets nice and browned, but you don't burn the crust.
Speaker 3: That scene when Junior got pizza and said, I wish I could have someone with my dad.
Speaker 5: What's your favorite pizza place, Speedy, what's your favorite pizza?
Speaker 2: Really? Slam You never even heard of him one time? Where is that?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Terry and I went there for our anniversary.
Speaker 5: Okay, nice, it's very nice. Hey that wood Fire pizza place you recommended? I did get them the more they very good? Told you very good, perfect goods, too much perfect crush.
Speaker 2: That was very good. We'll be right back to say I didn't know you win. That's good.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who removed the phrase what's your no good? From society weak booches.
Speaker 2: All in America. We're back.
Speaker 3: A bird A birds coming up unscreen phone calls Burgess ball Battle. The stories of the day as we, Uh, could you set up for another weekend? Didn't you bring with us? You know the part man when Ken Kenny Schrader.
Speaker 5: We haven't seen the show yet. We would like to see the show, Bud.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: I can't start talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm panicking here, y'all want to see what this ya is? I spent I spent however long those two episodes were. I devoted.
Speaker 4: I was just it was just me and Dale Greg.
Speaker 2: Would you put the Jimmy Dean down in hell? I'm I'm I just ignore him? Well, but we can't. The audience is getting I'm sorry, I'm about me. The text nation they're screaming. Buddy looks like over here meditating.
Speaker 3: So so you'all familiar with I believe it was. It might have been Daytona, the you know, because he could you know, he never won Daytona.
Speaker 5: And many cell phones are bad for kids. Did you know that cell phones are bad for kids?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah they are, Yeah, yeah, they're dopamine reactions.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is bad. Do you know what else is bad?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: See, if y'all can tell me what this lady's talking about? That didn't picture this. Here, give me my channel, right, you're Europe, I am up like seven years ago.
Speaker 9: I've had a persistent sinus infection ever since, Ever since.
Speaker 4: What seven Ever since she took the COVID shot.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not bad, not a bad gas bad? What about you, Greg? Ever since she she drank a bunch of orange jews. No, ever since her ex boyfriend farted in like seven years ago.
Speaker 9: I've had a persistent sinus infection ever since he and I stayed in a hotel one night after I had surgery and we farted terribly. I got my sinus infection culture today, and it is in your sinuses because eko is from poop. I don't know how does that get near sinuses unless you have a boyfriend who farts disgustingly and you are forced to an hail it because you are immobile after ankle surgery.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's that happened. So she couldn't run because she was so Your part is so bad that it gave somebody a son? Is seven years ago? For seven years, Christine Connell's is telling her story. Of course, she had to go to TikTok to do it. It's going viral and she's claiming her ex boyfriend past gas right next to her face and it gave it's giving her a sinus infection for the last seven years. Go on, Okay, wait a minute, does she claiming they.
Speaker 5: Found coli in her nose?
Speaker 2: Okay, wait a minute. This guy is not going to be the breaking wind champion time. Anybody who says that's the worst of it, No, no, no, I know a guy who could actually project e coli out of his butt into someone's signing airborn. My goodness, that's that's disgusting, But it's.
Speaker 5: Incredible technically that far smelled so bad she smelled it for seven years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I couldn't get out of hers.
Speaker 5: He's the champion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought Bruce Harmon was the champion.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't Bruce, even though he was able to unbelievably put one out that the wind couldn't stop.
Speaker 4: I never I never heard of this.
Speaker 2: It was somewhere around nineteen eighty one. I'll never forget how that thing fought through the wind. It was outside and there was a pretty brist.
Speaker 5: Bridge right by the way. That's that's so funny, you guys. My uncle was in the studio just this week.
Speaker 3: My uncle Carry, and he liked the kind of uncle that would ask us to pull his finger.
Speaker 2: He's still talking about what Greg was doing.
Speaker 5: So he my uncle was awesome. My uncle Carry is awesome guy.
Speaker 2: He's still alive.
Speaker 5: When I'm sorry, subject, it's coming around.
Speaker 2: I liked Earnhardt. You're I'm trying.
Speaker 5: He was a He worked at like some micro chip processing company. He would have to get like all static cleaned and wear like the suit and everything. So he was big into science.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 5: He helped us tape together fireworks a bunch of kids. We made bigger to make bigger fireworks.
Speaker 2: Uncle Caye.
Speaker 5: Uncle Carry was great.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: And he was discussing the science of farts with us one time when you were kids, when we were kids. What an incredible and he said, and we laughed and laughed and laughed. He goes, technically, when you smell a person's fart, you're getting a tiny bit of poop in your nose. So he was right. He died laughing. Technically speaking, he's right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's what this woman's claims.
Speaker 5: That's what happened.
Speaker 2: That's why some people say don't use the little hand dry the blow drive hands, because when you when you hit it in the bathroom, it just particles from flying everywhere. Yeah, it's just all and they never work. No, what did you just don't work? Is anybody patient enough to stand there long enough for your hands?
Speaker 5: Actually you drive it off on your pants or your shirt.
Speaker 2: It gets them out of it. They don't have to by paper and then we provided Never never in the history of the blow dry contraption have I stayed there long enough that did actually dried my hands ever, And even the stout ones.
Speaker 3: I've even wiped them on my pants, on my pants legs and looked down said that'll drive in a minute.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: You just walk like this shaking your hands.
Speaker 3: But now this guy can save forever. You ever give anybody a colone and everybody's like no, for seven years years a gift that Kevin on giving, that's that's got to be one of the greatest largest ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's what it has to be. I mean, does it have an equal You know, he's the Joey chestnut and wins he is. If there was a contest, thank god there's not, he would be the raining champ. But by the way, that will bust up a relationship that will. She can't seem to be able to get past.
Speaker 4: She's still mad about it, she still hung up on it.
Speaker 2: She still got a bum ankle gooldn't mood. She couldn't run from it. Don't forget that picture. Couldn't moves, ain't surgery. She was just sitting there.
Speaker 3: And he just kept crop dusting her one after another. I want you to imagine, like an ant or something she hasn't seen in a while. And then and the ant brings up at the family thing. Now you and what's his name?
Speaker 2: Now? That didn't work? Ount.
Speaker 4: I really thought y'all were gonna get married.
Speaker 2: No, no, it didn't. Why is that? Well, I'll tell you why. You ain't gonna believe that. At angle surgery couldn't move it, stuck in the hotel room with him, and he gave me a cola.
Speaker 4: Oh haroldould he not wash his hands?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: He broke wind so bad. I got it in my nose. And it's all the side of a seven year science infection.
Speaker 5: Instead of I can't quit you, it's I can't quit smelling you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got one more for you.
Speaker 12: It's crazy because we have cameras all in the stores so the little bit of camouflage that he did do wasn't very camouflage.
Speaker 2: Because what do y'all think that? Again, he was more time.
Speaker 12: It's crazy because we have cameras all in the stores. So the little bit of camouflage that he did do wasn't very camouflage.
Speaker 2: He was trying to hide behind something steel.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he was right there on the camera, very easy to be spotted.
Speaker 2: Police and Jacksonville Floid are looking for a man with a long beard. I love that or long mustache. It says who stole a ferret from a pet store? Ferret by putting it in his pants and running out. Oh that was in store employee Holly, who was talking about the theft. I don't know about putting a ferret in your pant. No, guys caught on camera too. Surveillance footage at the pet store called the Man and the Ferret is worth six hundred and fifty dollars. That's how much that's over.
Speaker 5: Stinky little yeah for muscu little snake.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's got a mustache like Earnhardt.
Speaker 13: So look, oh my gosh, oha, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: The ferret Why you wearing loose shorts? Buddy? You got jim shorts on fall right out the bottom?
Speaker 3: Have you heard about the two old ladies that were checking out? When I have heard that, I think I just saw well at our age and we all know the joke. He didn't think about the shows. He was wearing no that, but he couldn't fit him down. Blue jean shorts wouldn't be able to get it in.
Speaker 2: I know, but you need something like maybe some sweatpans. Maybe he had a jocks wrapping me hung him in it. There you go. Guess that actually taking ahead you by the way, guys, I think we were successful.
Speaker 5: We got Rick off of it for now.
Speaker 2: We did good.
Speaker 5: We didn't got just a big old part in.
Speaker 2: That's all. Those things would have never diverted three. But they didn't think the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, people are loving the Last Rodeo. Have you been to the movie to see it yet? It's in theaters right now, it's in right now. This is a great movie. You will love this.
Speaker 2: We talked about this earlier on today's program.
Speaker 3: Hard to find a movie, hard to find a movie that's any good or if you find something that you heard was pretty good, it's so foul.
Speaker 2: The things and the agendas.
Speaker 3: You're like, can I just go to a movie that's really well done and be entertained? Well, yeah, The Last Rodeo would get that done. It's action pack, so it is good. Retired rodeo legend straps back in for one last ride. Neil McDonough plays the aging Rodeo star. He's going back for one last attempt to save his grandson, oldest writer to ever enter the arena. The movie's about healing broken bonds, facing the past, proving that real courage means fighting for the people that you love.
Speaker 2: You will love it.
Speaker 3: It's heartfelt's roll, it's very entertaining. Might even get you to get a little misty. So go to the That's Angel dot com. Angel Studios has done it again with The Last Rodeo. Angel dot Com slash Rick, get your tickets, get to the theater and see The Last Rodeo.
Speaker 2: You better listen up, you know, I re say loss. I'm gonna ta.
Speaker 5: You gotta find.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the world The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Thture Man with US America. So here we go on a brand new hour if you missed the first one, catch it in the archives later today we covered a lot, especially those of you that are wondering what's going to happen with earnhard.
Speaker 2: Thing in this new documentary. If you missed my recap, don't don't miss that. Today.
Speaker 3: We got a lot to do going ahead. We'll hit some more of what's going on and Burgess ball battles still come and we're else maybe put a little twist on it today. We have we we have a lot of suggestions on things we do and how how we might could do them or what do you think about this? And a lot of times they're okay, uh, But this suggestion is pretty good and some of you have said some things similar, so we we may implement that today and give it a chance.
Speaker 2: Speedy.
Speaker 3: Greg Adler all here today mentioned this in passing this Anthony Weener character.
Speaker 2: Boy, Yeah, creepy creepy fellah, disgraced ex congressman come with the last name.
Speaker 3: That just seems terribly ironic, It really does, especially when you married the woman who had the name.
Speaker 2: To be associated with that, right, he says, And we see this all the time, Greg, You've talked about it on the Rick and Bubby years we we talked about it. What is it with these these people that seem addicted to running for office, they're addicted to it that they're not really trying to help. Think about the point.
Speaker 3: If you're really saying I'm doing this for America, if you keep doing it over and over again, you do you think we as Americans are we that desperate for you? And then I think it really does get down to it's just like you've said, Greg, such a good gig and there's so many ways to make money on the side that it's just their preferred way to make a living. Yeah, that's kind of how it feels. Because if I mean, would you all agree that if you had gone through what Anthony Wiener has gone through, if he just if you just decided to keep that name, you just get out of the public arena, you just.
Speaker 4: The public arena. Definitely politics.
Speaker 3: And here's what he said in an interview. If you don't think he's weird enough, Anthony Wiener says that he's seeking to return to politics as a member of the New York City Council. In an interview, he said, now think about how creepy he has been. Women are crazy about me. The spot, going to prison and being required to register as a sex offender.
Speaker 2: Women still dig me, they dig you as a sex offender here I am. Yeah, what a picture, What a picture in the world. He's the women go crazy over him, right, he says, this is the don't you know? Then find it.
Speaker 3: This is the exact quote. He says, Oh for sure, for sure, My goodness, of course, he says, my g O D. They're crazy about me. Women are crazy about me, crazy about it. And this was a comedian and podcaster Adam Friedland that asked him about if the fact that he the fact that he is a powerful politician that makes him more attractive to women.
Speaker 2: He said, that goes to show you words of minds, that all that he's been I mean, he's a registered sex offender from one he still thinks he doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what you're dealing with, right, doesn't doesn't matter. So he's going to return. And you know, when you're dealing with the people of New York, we see that some of the wonderful people they get, they've brought us. I'm sure he can find his way back on that city council.
Speaker 2: You would think that his career, but some places. No, not in New York City, don't forget. They were doing a documentary on him running from mayor right, and during the documentary is discovered this the last thing he got charged with sending pictures to an underage kid or this all happened during the documentary and you had to watch his wife and the handlers like, we done it again? What is what is he doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've we've studied this phenomenon of women that there are still women that one of your favorites, Greg, that write.
Speaker 4: Love letters to serial killers, and I.
Speaker 2: Don't want you let's study them. Do you ever what person I mean I'm talking about? Yeah, violent, yeah people, yes, mass murderer, yes, serial killer. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And I've always thought about what a downer that must be for people that can get a date and can't get a girlfriend, and then some serial killer gets a marriage proposal.
Speaker 2: You gotta feel bad.
Speaker 4: I know you're like, man, the serial killer is getting more.
Speaker 5: What does he have that I don't?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh, they said old nightstalker. He had all kinds of women after him. You referred to him as old night stalker? Yeah? What was his name? Ramirez? Yeah? Yeah, I just I don't get it happens all the time, all the time.
Speaker 3: So Wiener is saying, that's his name, that's his name, Anthony Anthony is saying. Tony is saying that women just overlook him being registered as a sex offender, which means he was doing things, as we said, to underage ya.
Speaker 2: That's what that means. And that is not a type of sex crime. It was a sex crime that did not damage his attractiveness at all. First of all, women still to the side, he ain't a real good looking guy. Now where he's getting all that he looks mine. There you go.
Speaker 5: He's one of these weird guys that thinks he's super ripped what he's not. And he'll send pictures of you know, without his shirt on, just for starters.
Speaker 2: Speak that nose on him. Thanks, man, I just I stopped saying. I don't hart when I say, when I said, he looks like and I stopped right.
Speaker 3: And then when Gregg, I saw you put the brakes on something that I wish that Earnhardt had had.
Speaker 5: But the uh right, right, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: But but I will tell you this, I think when you when you get this bad off of him, it's almost like I think it's become a challenge for him. I think I can still date no matter how bad it is. I still think I can get.
Speaker 2: It fine.
Speaker 4: And like Homer whatever her name is, that'd be unfortunately harm.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, didn't you No, I know what the story was. We got we're not getting married. She donated fifty bucks to his campaign. That was the story we did. I couldn't believe it. I get to look right there at that guy, you know what it looks like.
Speaker 3: I continue to just no longer listen when when the when the female gender claims that they've got more depth than men, it seems that way.
Speaker 2: Until y'all do stuff like this. Yeah, but y'all y'all continue to date like serial killers and sex offenders. Yeah, you would just think if you were, like, say, did an online thing, because that was after us. We're all we were all happily married and found our one before you know, online dating and apps and all that became popular. I know now it's pretty normal. It's not even a weird thing with a lot of people, and it's howe they meet people.
Speaker 3: But I gotta say, the first time you do that, let's meet in person and and you throw down.
Speaker 2: Now you know I am a register sex offender. How you get a second date? How you get a second date?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 2: I want you to know because you're going to find out anyway when you see the posters of me around the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: I just moved in, right, I don't.
Speaker 5: Now what's her name? Uh about hum?
Speaker 3: Let's just say, like we said back in the day when the story, when this story first came out, we said, and Greg said, if your name is h u m a and you are now considering marrying a man with the last name Wiener, You've got big problems.
Speaker 6: You do.
Speaker 2: There's something wrong with you. You have to know, even if you didn't know anything about you got to have a middle name. You just say, I'm keeping my maiden name. There's no way I'm going to walk around with the name h u m A and and and then take your last name. I'm just not gonna do it.
Speaker 5: Call me ween. And now she's engaged or married to uh George Soros's son, Greg, Greg Soros. That's weird.
Speaker 2: That is strange, y'all just.
Speaker 5: Play on her part, twined. This is all incase, evil globalist powerful people all just one big six society that's trying to take over the world, and they're all just they're all just doing weird stuff and they're all freaks and and I'm not gonna stand for it anymore.
Speaker 3: But you know, George Soros is so old. Her attaching herself to the son who wouldn't hear it all this? Yeah, pretty good power play for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't he the one we saw that He's got like a young girlfriend too, and he's out her shirtless, and it was it was horrifying that. Now that was a Belichick. No, that's not It is different. I tel haircut different.
Speaker 3: All right, well, baby, yeah, I break anytime there's somebody like ancient like George Soros and has all that money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's gonna he's got a day that problem. Yeah, absolutely no, he didn't need to walk around shirtless, but he's got a date. Yeah, we'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get a signed copy at Rick's new book, Men Don't Run in the Rain for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, so cut out for Father's Day.
Speaker 3: Signed copies of Men Don't Run in the Rain is a week from Monday.
Speaker 2: Okay, so if you want to do this, don't put it off.
Speaker 3: I mean, because we've been pleasantly surprised and are celebrating the response. I mean, but there's been thousands of signed copies, and I think we're almost I think we're caught up. Maybe we're on maybe only down maybe fifty now. So we are getting them out as quick as possible. But if you wait around, you just don't need to. So if you really want one, go ahead and get it done, because I'll be signing you in next week and then that'll be the last week because a week from Monday is the cutoff because we don't think we can get them to you by Father's Day after that. So if you want to sign copy, go to the link at Burgershow dot com, the church dot com or Burgessministries dot com. You got to use those links and look for the red link that says click here for signed copy. You do that, we'll take care of it. You know, I said we're not that we don't make mistakes. I know I saw one yesterday that we're making good on that. The guy did exactly what he was supposed to, and we did miss one, and we just you know what we just sent you an autograph copy, no problem. So but but we're about ninety nine percent accurate on that. So a lot going on. Don't get caught in the last minute rush speedy interesting which you have here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this this came out of the entertainment world, the one hundred most watched TV series of twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five across streaming, interesting, broadcast, and cable. They say this is the first time Nilson's thirty five day multi platform rankers for all TV during twenty twenty four twenty twenty five TV season in total viewers eighteen to forty nine. It has encompassed cable, streaming, all this kind of stuff in and the tops have come out the top ten list here of most watched series on all platforms, not just cable rating and not just streaming.
Speaker 3: That's why I want the clarification. By the way, side note, yes, Anthony Winner does look like Arnold horse Check. I never thought I was trying to thank you text nation. All right, so we're now we are finally because look, this is the world we live in right now. People try to ask me now what I do for a living. I really miss the days when I say well, I'm a radio host. Yeah, I can't really say that anymore. That's part of what I do. I mean, I'm on the radio.
Speaker 2: We're on the radio, but we're also on YouTube, we're also on streaming apps, we're also in podcast world. It's all of that. So what you're saying.
Speaker 3: They finally said, let's try to figure out people's viewing habits, and let's just see if we can't get you a countdown from every kind of platform available.
Speaker 2: Right, and it is that accurate? Yeah, yeah, pretty much teen to forty nine. Yeah, they've looked back thirty five days. So this did cut off in mid April. Okay, but they did say this year's Network TV had a little bit of rebirth. Uh, traditional outlets. Two of the most watched new shows were ABC's High Potential on CBS is Madlock, Mattlock, and I hadn't watched it then now say that some Kathy Bates is matt Lock. Yeah, they're just saying the traditional linear outlets like network TV that two of their their big the big shows that performed well was ABC and the show High Potential Never heard CBS and Mattlock, Well, High Potential. I don't know, I can't. I can't watch matt Lock rebooted with Candy Bates. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh, high Potential has I've never heard of this before, but it's got the female from It's Always Sonny in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: If you've ever watched that show, I haven't, No, I haven't. Anyway, Oh, that's the one she's like. She's it's like a genius, but she's just home mom and she's like a maid or something.
Speaker 4: I did see it. I did see a promo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So basically what it is, this is a full snapshot of what people are watching from traditional cable, new network and streaming all put together and thousand pounds sisters, do let me try to find it. It says so coming in at boy Netflix that it showed out we all know everybody wants to be like Netflix, and this here kind of proves that. And they said Netflix is the top streamer, It is the top.
Speaker 3: Shove in the streaming world. Netflix number one. Does it tell us if Netflix is out performing terrestrial TV?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see here. I'll go back up and look at that. They did say there's some winners and some losers, and then we'll get to the top ten list. It says, here winners. The Nilsen multi platform numbers show that Netflix dominates viewing. Five of the season's top ten shows are on Netflix.
Speaker 3: So that right there seems to be right now, the preferred platform for viewing content.
Speaker 2: Correct losers Basic Cable and it's they say, it's almost kind of cruel here, but only Basic Cable show that makes the top one hundred was Paramount Networks Yellowstone and that was with the assistance of CBS. So here we go the top ten shows, it says, with total viewers no matter what platform, right, fifteen point five million from Netflix. Number ten was nobody wants this. Don't know that show, haven't seen it, nobody wants that. Coming in at eight and nine, they say eight because it tied with fifteen point seven million viewers was also Netflix Monsters, the Lyle and Eric Menendez Story and Zero Day Bose tied. Never seen either one of them. Ye saw Mendez thing, didn't see it coming in at number seven with fifteen point eight million viewers, Paramount Plus and Landman, I like that.
Speaker 5: That's Billy Bob.
Speaker 2: That's Billy Barton, Billy Bob. Never seen it. I watched the stuff they put on Instagram and the monologues and I love his monologue.
Speaker 5: I like the monologues.
Speaker 2: It's yeah filthy though, oh boy, okay, And sixteen million CBS Matt Lock. We just mentioned that that came number six. Interesting that that that one right there is surprising to me. Sixteen point one million, ABC high.
Speaker 4: Potential, never seen it, but again interesting.
Speaker 2: Seventeen point three million at number four, Prime Video Reacher Jack Jack, Yeah, Reacher. It's it's I don't know, Rick, if you've seen it's not a movie. It's it's seasons and stuff.
Speaker 4: That is that the one that the guy from the office plays in.
Speaker 5: It's a newer one.
Speaker 2: It's a newer one, Jack, dude, but he.
Speaker 5: Had one, but it's it's something different. This new guy's jacked. I mean, this guy's jacked to the rafters. My goodness.
Speaker 2: Okay. Seventeen point four million coming in at number three with CBS and Tracker. Yeah, that's the guy from This is Us that played the brother. There was an actor. Yeah, he goes around. I got so that show's performing that well? Yeah, how about that. I've watched some of it and good for him. Total thirty five day viewing is what we're looking at. Seventeen point nineteen million. Excuse me. Netflix comes in at number two with adolescents. Never seen. Wait a minute, what is that? I think? I don't know, I don't know. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: Is it a horror movie with the kid with a weird kid? Here's the poster, there's the poet.
Speaker 2: Yes about this. It's not that good. It's not I I've seen it, really never seen it. Wow. Came in at number two.
Speaker 5: Is that one of those haunted kid? Haunted kids? Charged with Haunted Kid?
Speaker 2: I don't watch Charge of Murder. I don't like him at all. Charge Jim from the Office is actually good. It is Jack, but it's Jack Ryan Jim. Jim from the Creature did like It Goes to Too Short? Come in at number one was another Netflix. Now think about this. Nineteen million was second place with adolescents. Number one was twenty seven point one million. Wow, squid game. I've never seen that game. I have no desire to say, and it angers me. I cannot believe that I have not gotten into that. I know I have no interest in it. Yeah that's crazy. But anyway, so you can see that Netflix did really really well. Yeah, they did. Caro Mount plus and Prime. They were in the top ten. They had two shows, but Netflix had See seven, so eight, nine and ten they had one and two. So Netflix is doing good.
Speaker 3: Wait till the next ratings when Earnhard on Amazon Prime is considered.
Speaker 2: Okay, now that might be.
Speaker 5: And Netflix has those international hits.
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess show in a world that has gone nuts? They are here to well to point it up. The Rick Butch's so, thank.
Speaker 2: You America for hanging out with us today.
Speaker 3: Text Nation wants us to know after Speedy gave us this countdown of you know what shows are doing great these days with all the different platforms, they said, just show you guys know. Madlock with Kathy Bates is not really a reboot.
Speaker 2: It's a whole different story.
Speaker 3: The character she's playing takes the name Matt Locke as an alias, just because she liked the old show.
Speaker 2: But it's nothing like Matt.
Speaker 3: She's not being Matt Lock like a reboot or Hey, a female's now doing that role that Andy Griffinth did.
Speaker 2: Got you.
Speaker 3: It's called that because she takes that name because she liked that show. But it's completely different things.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, and we didn't even we just did the top ten. Netflix also had eleven through fifth teen. I mean, I mean, so it's yeah, they did really well.
Speaker 3: And so af their pointed out too. They got a lot of international stuff. The others may not have as much footprint.
Speaker 2: I don't like the international stuff, by the way, I don't even they got a lot that the mouth don't go with the words. I don't. I don't like anything I know that bothers. You now, the ones that are like just you know, in other countries, but their mouth actually goes with words.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had we had to console.
Speaker 2: I won't watch them. If your mouth is not with words, I will not watch it. You've made that clear.
Speaker 3: How about we actually had to console Greg and the break because he cannot find the year that I turned Pretty are the summer word?
Speaker 2: Did it come in?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And he was upset to that Virgin River seemed to be overlooked. Yeah, those are netflick.
Speaker 2: Well, I know you like fire Country. It came at number forty two. I like fire Country.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 3: You know they're you know they're changing the name of Virgin River. You heard about this, don't have well Chuck Norris showed.
Speaker 5: But as mentioned, squid game in South Korean. I wouldn't watched money. Heist is a Spanish series, Looping is a French series, Alice in Borderland is a Japanese series. Dark is a German series. So yeah, Netflix is really focused on saying, you know, we're not just gonna make it hit. We're gonna make almost market specific hits and dominate Germany with this show dominated you know that build numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that going not going with the word crys. I understand what you're saying. You notice that that they're kind of creative on the trailer. They won't let you know, they won't let you pick up on it. Cobra Kai. Greg came in at fifty eight Oh yeah, eight point one million off Netflix.
Speaker 4: What about the summer? I turned pretty I'm still looking for it that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Greg?
Speaker 4: Uh, you know they come back with the season Greg, they have announced.
Speaker 2: I know I saw that.
Speaker 3: Speaking of this Paramount, there was an offer to settle the Trump lawsuit, to settle against NBC News. You know he has he's demanding an apology from CBS News just.
Speaker 2: For reporting on the rushing thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, reporting things that were just faults about him. Paramount now has offered fifteen million dollars for it to be over and Trump has rejected it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's chump changed to him. It is.
Speaker 4: But you see them going, hey, can we put this thing to bed?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 4: Can can we put this to bed? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey, I do want to pass this along to you somewhere down. Sorry, you're still looking for They still have Greg. There's tilta King for you. Oh I like Tults King forty nine.
Speaker 2: I like it right. They guy's got a new season coming out. I wonder what I never saw the show, I know you did.
Speaker 3: I wonder what the numbers would have been on if they if Nielsen had been doing ratings at the time when Breaking Bad was out.
Speaker 4: Oh, man, I bet it had a monster on it.
Speaker 2: That was a good one. I remember there was a.
Speaker 3: Time where if you weren't watching Breaking Bad, something was wrong with you. Now and I didn't watch it? Did you ever watch it?
Speaker 2: I never have my lane at thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know it's it's got some ugly in it, and yeah, working my way through that ugly. Yeah, it's just like there's certain things like it. And I'm not saying I'm some prude. As a matter of fact, at times I probably need to to even go further, but and and and my call factor. But sometimes sometimes things can just be so overwhelmingly just I can't do it, and I'm not just I mean I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 4: I just can't.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not a but I'm not. I don't.
Speaker 4: I could even make the decision to try, and it's so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I just can't. You know, it's it. I guess it's just probably is a spirit thing. But but what I'm saying is like, like, like I really I know because I've seen his writing and I've watched some of the other stuff.
Speaker 3: I know that Yellowstone is a really good series, but it's just so riddled with things that you just I just I can't. It just turned it off. Same thing I got excited about when Apple TV we did that thing about big Time network morning shows, you know, with had Reese, Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman not no co Jennifer Anderson, and I was like, oh yeah, and Sherry you know she worked in TV. We're like, oh, this is gonna be great, and it was just it was so it was I think it was a good show, but the language silly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They It's like sometimes they'll create language that is so bad it's not even like the real world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I worked at radio stations, TV stations, and there were people that would use language, and of course, you know, before Jesus, I would use language, but it wasn't like that. It wasn't like people were going down the hall with an F bomb machine gun, you know that. Just it's just you know, F and this, F and that this. It's like it's almost like you said, you described it this way, Greg, It's almost like some of these shows they sound like a little boy that just learned to cuss.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean it's just silly. Yeah, I mean, and it's so unnecessary. That's just like nineteen twenty three. I started watching it and then all of a sudden, it's like, good night, Oh that one that one thing if they would leave that one thing out, and it had nothing to do with the story. Who that was a great series. Text Nation wants to know what number Severance came in, and that's sixteen. Who uh Severance I on Apple Apple Plus. Let me give you plus landman. And again it doesn't make it right. But the characters Billy Thornton plays in almost everything, well, he's a yuck mouth. It just fits him. What ruin land Man is. The storyline of his wife and his daughter. It was horrible and it had nothing to do with the main story. When they would go over there to that and do that part, you're you're let's get back to the original. You know what's going on in the show, it's like, well, they got to do this real quick. And that whole element that the mom and the daughter. They take that out, and that's really good. It's his character. Just something about his character of a bad language. It just it's amazon when it's him doing it, if it's an if it's new they do. They do these.
Speaker 4: Things that are awkward. First of all, the swearing in the language.
Speaker 2: It unless maybe society has changed.
Speaker 4: It's it's just over the top silly.
Speaker 3: And then like Greg's talking about, I'm assuming this is what you may be saying, but maybe not. Then there's always like somebody said, hey, you know, we don't have a trans character or or we don't have an LGBT character. You're here and somebody said, well, you know, the story it didn't call for that. Well let's try to work one in somehow they do that.
Speaker 2: And then they and they and I don't even have a problem with that being part of a storyline if it actually fits the storyline. But it's like they try to force it in because like they have to check a box and then you start watching for these little you know, we got to check this culture box and this culture boxing. Before you know it, you're like you've lost the entire narrative. You the dialogue now has become silly because it's all forced and it makes no sense.
Speaker 3: And you had a good product here and you just messed it up. You should have just gone with it and said, let's be entertaining.
Speaker 2: You know, the show four seasons, it's on Netflix, Steve Carell, hilarious, good, good storyline, everything. But they have a gay couple. Okay, fine, but that's the only couple they showed making out. The heterosexual couples they never showed that, but the gay ones they did. So, I mean they're trying to get that, you got it. They're trying to the couple actually fit the storyline. It would have been fine, but you're trying too hard. But I mean, while you got to, I'll be honest, I don't want to see either side making well, you know what it is that no, you're right. But what they're doing with that, Greg is they're trying to shout see, this is okay, this is okay, this is okay, and we're gonna we're gonna we're gonna make this okay. We're gonna make this absolutely and and how dare you ever question this? And you're just kind of like, I don't have a problem with them being part of the storyline. Just just do a good show yety.
Speaker 3: It's not necessary and it was funny, but but but don't bring money. Don't bring one into a situation where you're like, okay, you know, here's a football movie and I'm like, you know, and before you know it.
Speaker 2: They're like, uh, well you got weird locker room. There's a weird locker rooms. And you're like, come on, it has nothing to do with the story. It has nothing to do just you just wonder why in the world, Well know why, because.
Speaker 3: They're they're checking boxes. But what they're doing, which is we've said this a thousand times, this has worn out. I apologize, but they're they're creating content and promotions for a fake world. They are not in the real world.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay.
Speaker 3: The people who finally say I'm gonna cater to the gigantic audience that is the real world.
Speaker 4: They're the ones who have the most success, right, and they.
Speaker 5: Have an agenda and they're trying to shape the real world with their fake work.
Speaker 2: But I will tell you this, the agenda format is a bad business plan. Yeah, oh yeah, we're getting on text Nation. We're getting a lot of what was where was Happy Face?
Speaker 14: On this?
Speaker 2: And the last of us?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 2: I guess this survey ended before those can't that the new seasons came out or whatever. I don't know, but they're not. I don't see them on What do you think of Happy Face? Then you watch it? I have not finished it. It's okay. I never watched it. I was intrigued by it, but I didn't watch it. You got actually also how I went in because I heard y'alls talking about it. There's a movie Happy Face. It was I think it was a lifetime movie that's on streaming. But then the series, it's, yeah, that's pretty good. It wouldn't let me tell you what I did see. Have y'all seen the Earnhart thing? No, here we go now, I've seen all four episodes of that.
Speaker 5: We haven't we haven't yet.
Speaker 2: No, thank you.
Speaker 16: By the way, Breaking Bad bringing it back to Breaking Bad, and that the show first aired in two thousand and eight with one point four million views before season four, the final season, they put all of those seasons on Netflix, bringing the final broadcast of Breaking Back to.
Speaker 5: Like ten million US. Okay, so with Netflix they grew their wildcast audience.
Speaker 2: Wow, let me be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burchers Show. God fearing and America loving the Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us today, America. You got lots to do going forward. You're missing the show. Be sure you grabbed those archives every day for this weekend action pack Strange Encounters Episode three that's coming out this weekend. Also coming out this weekend Tells from the Camp House Episode four, Burgess bast Battle Part two, and then also coming out this weekend, episode twenty of Rick and Bubba's Greatest hitsing Radio Gold. All that available this weekend, plus you can catch up on the Wednesday Bible Study in the daily archives of The Rick Burgess Show as well.
Speaker 2: Email you Go emails coming in.
Speaker 5: Hey hey.
Speaker 3: Hey Bird j A Birds from the email If you want to get on the show and you got a question or something for us to consider. Just putting the subject line, Hey bird, Hey burg that means you'd like to be on the air. If you want to remain anonymous, be sure and let me know it is possible. I'll overlook it, but try to How about this not on purpose, hey birdj A bird just comes from Clay.
Speaker 2: I'm from Lyndelle, Georgia.
Speaker 3: I work at night delivering to one of your old favorites, Jacks.
Speaker 2: Oh you love it, by.
Speaker 4: The way, that their chicken I think is underrated. Good chick, good chicken.
Speaker 6: I know you do.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 3: And I listened to the show while I'm driving the big Rig. As I was listening last night to the podcast archives, I heard the Larry segment and Speedy saying he will go uh and even if he has to take his wife Terry with him to deliver the Rick Burgess show patch and coin to Larry. All I could would imagine is that scene from the Book of Eli when Denzel comes up on that one house with the old couple.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, eating human flesh.
Speaker 3: The final line speed Larry and Speedy don't eat whatever they offer.
Speaker 2: Y'all won't be spending the night there. I just you going's not enough. And I in there. Larry said they got a rollout couch speedy made. Yeah, mass smash burger. You have to get it. And you know this, you do the way you can do it. That's true. You stay there here, you got to lift your shoulders to ears. I try and care made it. You know you do carey. She'll think I'm making fun. That's that's that was good.
Speaker 17: That's actually that's really good.
Speaker 2: That that was that's a bad man of a thousand was. I might want to start stop there for you might even want to just you might want to specialize in laughs. That's pretty good, all right, like I got Greggs. That is not how I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Hey, bird Burge from Roberts question.
Speaker 2: If someone's allergic to dogs and then the person actually ate dog meat, would they get sick? No? No, it's all in. Hear a lot of people allergic good dogs like I do. Cats. I know they're out there and now I get it, but it's not as well. But that's real because people, but it's not as common. I don't think. Maybe I'm wrong. In my life, I've encountered more people that are allergic to cats, and I have that are allergic to dogs.
Speaker 3: Do you know who's surprisingly he's allergic to dogs? Carry Earnhart.
Speaker 2: That's in session four.
Speaker 5: Twice as many people are allergic to cats compared to dogs.
Speaker 2: Right again, dead because cats are wicked. That's why, right again, right again tojo Ye see, I'll pay attention. Hey bird, Hey.
Speaker 3: Bird, Uh, this comes from Matt. It's true. My boss just left for lunch. It is pouring down rain here in Auburn, Alabama. I watched my boss across the parking lot. He never ran when he was walking out. I was thinking to myself, I'm gonna check and see if he's gonna run. Love the show and your message. I'm the men's minister at my church. We finished the first forty week curriculum and we loved it. I guess I'm working for the right man. Yes you are. If you're if your boss will not run in the rain, and you watched it, how about he went to the window just to see.
Speaker 2: It's now becoming a thing.
Speaker 3: Everybody the thing people. The third and fourth graders the other day owned me.
Speaker 2: Back walking around and booing everybody, Hey bird, a birge, Oh poor speedy, what tell Speedy?
Speaker 3: He might want to leave the room for this when if Andy Blanks is anywhere around, warn him, Hey, birch a birch.
Speaker 2: I need to stay anonymous, which means Rick's gonna read you name. Yes, yeah, the question I would doesn't match the name. I would like to ask Speedy what he would have done. We've been visiting a new church. Let's leave it at that. Really been enjoying it, especially the praise and worship. Look because look, get speed. He can't even handle because I think he knows where this is going. One I see someone.
Speaker 3: New stepping on the stage. Oh boy, and my first thought was, Hey, this is gonna be great. We have another singer. Well, once the music started, she goes into an all out sign language interpretive dance. Oh yeah, fully equipped with facial expressions that come with it. Got to have it, needle us to say. My kids immediately start elbowing me. It's all I can do not to laugh and to keep them under control. My wife was really surprisingly almost zero help. As she I looked over, she was struggling as well. I'm not aware of anyone in our church.
Speaker 2: That is deaf. No, that's not the point.
Speaker 3: So is it just me or is this completely unnecessary or distracting. I need to know what Speedy and Andy Blake's would have done. Would he have left or stayed there and toughed it out? Now we've documented this on the show, Yes we have. You have sign language for the hearing impaired. Yep, then you have interpretive sign language for the song. I'm supposed to.
Speaker 2: Just be sharp. You got that? Like in this case, they're probably wasn't a deaf person within ten miles of this performance. But I'm just doing you know what I'm saying. Was it for streaming, because you know people will be at home and stream There was a feature. This was a feature. So you've never seen people do this. I always walked and so they weren't part of no. I think you were so uncomfortable you didn't listen to it. Yeah, I had them, just I had them as this person.
Speaker 3: Walks on the stage, Like my grandmother would say, it was walking on stage. My grandmother would say, for special music, this is this is the special music.
Speaker 2: This is the solo.
Speaker 3: You know, this is when the choir would normally take their their their moment.
Speaker 2: They might be this is not the sing along. Here we go right here.
Speaker 3: This is not the sing along and and the person did the sign language interpretive dance.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not as a solo. As a solo, we don't know what I'm doing, right, So what what do you? What do you do? Was just helping, Thank you, Adam, But I don't know what I did. What You're stuck now? So you just I guess you just spend the whole time just praying to this is the legend guy to stop the laughter. People do this. Just bless them Lord, to look at them. They're serving and yeah, my mind has to go there. Yeah, and now they're passionate about there there. It's not about the hearing impaired at this point. No, it's about so where's the nearest deaf person to the church. You don't know where you're ten miles ten miles. So because it wasn't intended for deaf people, this is a performance dance. It's like a dance.
Speaker 4: Those of us that can hear. Why do we need to see the sign language?
Speaker 2: It's because it's a beautiful thing. Okay, they're expressing their faith and ministry. And okay, now now I can tell you Andy Blanks would have done because I saw this one firsthand. We had a guy who struggled and is an outstanding singer. Adler hates when I bring this up because he knows what he remembers it, and he could not figure out how to come in. You forget those kind of things, like when dad had that guy that could punt real good, but he didn't know.
Speaker 4: He couldn't catch a snap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be able to catch it right, you got it, And so he did not know where his.
Speaker 4: When the music would I'm around, he did not.
Speaker 2: He couldn't get in.
Speaker 3: He would no matter how many times that Adler's dad would nod to him and go right here, he couldn't do it. And I look and Henry Blas gets up in the congregation and leaves. He walked completely out, Greg completely out to the lobby, and it would.
Speaker 2: Stayed out there till you heard him come in. And he came back and say, we got some coffee.
Speaker 5: Ball starts happening in football and evidently in church music.
Speaker 2: So they just couldn't get it, couldn't do it.
Speaker 14: The top of the hour, This is the Rick Burgess Show, America.
Speaker 2: Here we go America, a brand new hour. Speedy, Greg Andler, the gang all all here today. Pasting from Louie Wor.
Speaker 3: All right, so we will do unscreen phone calls this hour the number eight eight eight, the number six Big Box. We'll continue to update you on the stories of the day. Box seats coming up later Burgess Ball Battle may make an adjustment on it today. A suggestion from the audience, and it's a good one, so we'll we'll talk about that coming up when we get to that a little bit later on in the program. People coming from all over uh, and this is that time we all begin to kind of discuss and anticipate, you know, what kind of personalities we'll be dealing with.
Speaker 4: Will they bring gifts and food? If so, what kind not that any of that matters. I'm just saying. I'm just I'm just keeping it real.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: The college football or college Hall of Fame, a sports hall of fame, they are adjusting the coaching eligibility criteria.
Speaker 1: YEP.
Speaker 3: Is this going to upset people? Is this now us taking the standards of everything and lowering them so it's only by half percent? I think you know, there's the sixty percent winning percentage that are for college football coaches to make them eligible to get in. And I believe they're lowering it to five point fifty nine point five percent winning percentage, which opens up the door.
Speaker 2: For coach Mike Leach. Okay, this is just less miles and others that are like fifty nine. So we're going to lower the standard to get people in. Yeah by half a percent. Yeah, but we are lowering it. That's what the story says.
Speaker 3: The National Football Foundation announced an adjustment. So this is just the Football Hall of Fame on the eligibility criteria Thursday, and that is he Leech had a winning percentage, who I love, of five hundred and ninety six of the old benchmark that coaches had to win, as you said, speedy sixty percent of their games.
Speaker 2: And so I think he was fifty nine point six or he was in the fifty nine percent. He was very he was close.
Speaker 3: It says the new rule sets eligibility at point five nine five. He's at point five nine six, so now he could get in, and as you pointed out around that also brings less smile less miles in at five nine seven. Uh, and also Jackie Cheryl at five nine five about that Rich Rodriguez now active and now could make it at five nine six Okay, where are we on? We're lowering the standard because we have coaches that we like and they haven't met the standard.
Speaker 2: It's so close. Part of me goes out, you got to draw the line somewhere.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna say, now what does somebody say? Well, what about I got this coach at five nine four? Or can't we get it down to five nine four?
Speaker 2: I know he was one of my things. You maybe you may be opened up can of worms. Yeah, saying would this have happened if Mike Leach had to die? I mean that's the question.
Speaker 4: Certain reason why I care about it? Yeah, because I like mine.
Speaker 2: I like to see I want to stay out of it because I would. I'm giving you his case. Couldn't you round up anyways? Close? Yeah? This is just let's round up speedy winds twice. Here he gets ow Jackie Cheryl into.
Speaker 3: Who was very good to the show. What's that he was loved Sheryl? Look what if there were no cowbells here? Would you be ranting and raving about lowering the standard?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: I don't know that, I'm you would you would you say? I don't like this?
Speaker 3: Say everybody who was on the bubble was was were former coaches of Mississippi State's rivals. There was nothing but old Miss Alabama.
Speaker 2: But what would you would you would you be against Alabama? What I'm not listen, I'm not now you said old Miss. That's me in the background. There do they do they have?
Speaker 4: Do they have a cow bell for lying that you can run?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I had when if I ever come out against Alabama? So you like Calabama? I respect Alabama. I'm not gonna dog Alabama. There there the product on the field. Same thing about he says, enough, we all know, we get that you're not a fan. You're not a fan. You I find myself pulling for them if they're playing you know, okay, saying hey, will you give me the lion? No, I'm serious, I'm serious. If the SEC is playing somebody else, I'm for.
Speaker 3: Unless you're about to say I was about to say, but I'm kind of toring Alabama against Old Miss lank I kind.
Speaker 2: Of did Lane Kiffin. He's kind of funny, he is, Yeah, I heard him. He's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: I'm asking you a question.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're trying to get. Can you get the maron something? Can you take the maroon off back? Can you get the maroon off?
Speaker 3: And and honestly say, I'm good with this because I I mean, when did why would we lower the standard?
Speaker 4: If where do we come up with a standard?
Speaker 18: Why?
Speaker 2: It's not like they moved they dropped it to fifty percent. I mean they dropped it. I half a percentage. So somebody gives me I'm fine with. So if somebody gives me half a participation trophy, that's okay, that's not it. That's an extreme exaggeration. Okay, Well, I'm just I'm just wondering where you are. But if you're if you're a former state coach, it's tough to get above sixty percent, Well that need to round it up. Leave it like it is. Yeah, I say, the cruise of math around up. Yeah, if I need a sixty to pass the grade and I got a fifty nine and six, you're not gonna around it. Mark my words.
Speaker 3: There will be people crying to have coaches they love that are five ninety four going to And then somebody said, what about.
Speaker 2: What can we go down to five ninety four? What about five ninety Yeah? What about just anybody? What about people we just lock Well it's it's it's it's that's not what we're doing here. It's just half a percentage point. Okay, so I guess half of the If I lower a standard by half, it's okay, Yes, now that's half, that'd be thirty percent. No, you said half a percent, So I can lower my standard by half a percent percentage point? We're sinius.
Speaker 4: Well that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's fine. Yeah, just what just what just happened? Randomly lowering standard? The coaches you just mentioned, I think are pretty well deserved. Maybe when they I don't know what year they set this all the fame's big. Okay, I don't know what year they set the standard, but maybe now they look back at him and go, you know what, we got some really successful guys in every aspects of this, you know, business, except for that, and they're pretty close.
Speaker 6: Eh.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Who are you? I'm just saying he's lodgings changed.
Speaker 4: Do you realize the books out and everything?
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, man, and you've painted me in some corner with Alabama that I don't know what you're doing. Who are you? Who were you?
Speaker 6: Am?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 2: I sleep?
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm not making up I had a vivid dream that Daryl Arnehart Jr. Was on the show today, talked to me about the special, and I was asking questions.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the time?
Speaker 1: I really did?
Speaker 2: Do you remember the test? Had something kind of anxiety in it, like I couldn't back on the air. Do you remember the time that we raced the lawnmowers and he came? And our strategy was because anytime you would ask ahead of time with these guys, that the lawyers and everybody else would come and no, they can't do it. No, it was kind So we said, let's just surprise him. And so we surprised him on air and he said yes, And do you remember that? I do remember that made the lawyer. Here's a matter of facts. We had his daddy won seventy six races, he won twenty six. Should we just give Junior fifty more? Fifty more? You got RAI was talking crazy talk. So here you go.
Speaker 3: So I'm telling you what leads to. So this is just you just a little bit of a little bit of where did the standard come from? I'm just confused by the standard. Why do we come up left? So that standard where you're against it? I'm against it. Even though I love Mike leech Less Miles, I don't care about Jackie Chryl.
Speaker 2: Have they liked you, he liked I.
Speaker 10: Like I like.
Speaker 5: Have y'all been to the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta several times?
Speaker 2: No, I've never been. Okay, what you said several times.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know it was the place. I didn't even know the thing on the place.
Speaker 11: I told you.
Speaker 2: I took my mom there and she claimed they had some of dad stuff that wouldn't do back. So that's all right.
Speaker 4: So speedy' is a standard lower now, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: That him not. You gotta say, baby brother is too, he's with it. That's you too. We shall got grandkids, y'all. Got point? Is this what grandkids are gonna do to me? If I ever get anything? Oh yeah, fifty nine point five. You're acting like that lower and it to forty percent or something. So it's okay, the lower standard, as long as it's by just a little bit. I just want to be sure I got you.
Speaker 19: Yeah it is.
Speaker 15: It is rich all right.
Speaker 2: Phone calls and.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to something to the table?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show what eight eight eight six big blow?
Speaker 3: Here we go on screen, phone calls, America is ready, ten lines are ready. Let's hear from you all. Getting aside. I see some of the text nations saying this too. I believe the winning percentage should be removed completely because I don't there's so many other things criteria wise, and as we were mentioning in the break, we should just be voting great coaches in and see if they get the votes, because there's so many variables when it comes to winning percentage. You know, it's easy to have a good winning percentage if you're a great coach at a great program who wins, you know, minimum of ten games of year. That stacks up quick. Versus I'm coaching and every time I get hired, I'm being brought into a place that I need to turn the program around, and I turn them into contenders. You know, you got a great example, Greg, even our own d had you know, in the Division two world his winning percentage got up to like eight hundred and something.
Speaker 2: It was, it was, it was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: But then all of a sudden, the university decides, well, we're changing, We're ending our Division two program, and we're starting over.
Speaker 2: So now you're in, you're not you have no conference, you're on probation for two years. Uh, nobody has to play you. You got to go on tour and find people that to play you. And then you go through those years and the winning percentage goes down. So does that mean that he became not as good a coach or does it mean that the situation he was coaching in changed dramatically? So it's almost like that winning percentage, it's so relative. Maybe that shouldn't be there at all. Do we think they were great football coaches or not? And then you vote on that the impact they had. Yeah, it was like we were saying, we're leach coached. He was never in a top tier. I mean would say Texas Tech, Yeah, Washington State, Missisi State. In their conferences, they're about middle of the pack, right, and not every did he turn a team into a winner everywhere he went and the answers yet And that's the kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: I believe this this most most important goodness. Please hello, and there's our coaching staff. Uh to the phones, we go unscreened phone calls. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgers show.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, how did everybody do it?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 6: Claire?
Speaker 2: How are you doing? Do you hear about Speedy?
Speaker 8: Get came from the doctor yesterday getting it clean the house?
Speaker 2: So how's the speed ahead?
Speaker 5: How's every came to get there?
Speaker 1: Doctor Dad?
Speaker 2: That's normal, just part of the healing, part of the healing process. Did you hear this? Please don't come back?
Speaker 3: Did you hear that Speedy is going to come over and spend the night with you guys when the Rick Burgess Show, Patching and Challenge Coin is ready?
Speaker 8: We have everything ready, the guests them is ready and every gate.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what what's what's Carolyn gonna cook for him?
Speaker 8: She's right here.
Speaker 16: I'm decided.
Speaker 6: What does he like?
Speaker 2: Oh? I tell you what he really really likes. He loves a good cash row. Oh yeah, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 2: Like nobody's business?
Speaker 4: I tear it up.
Speaker 5: There's no.
Speaker 8: Before you come over and you'll get it ready.
Speaker 2: Maybe a smash burger. You got me spend the night. I don't want to intrude with anti y'all's house. I mean if I bring his wife and y'all can put him in the honeymoon sweep.
Speaker 20: Very yeah.
Speaker 2: Turned the box fan Tiger in there, Yes, sir, he's already ready.
Speaker 1: He's already ready.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. That gets hit because there's some cigars row.
Speaker 4: You know, I have to stay here at Master Control and be sure everything's okay. We continue you.
Speaker 2: Rick Broder's show on screen phone calls.
Speaker 8: Go, good morning fellas.
Speaker 11: Happy Friday, you too, buddy.
Speaker 8: Hey, Rick, I've got a suggestion.
Speaker 6: For Speedy when you read your book. Yeah, I think y'all need to get a recording of Hoby reading the book.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea. That is great, That would be perfect. Would that be I should at least I had him read the forward rain. Rick Broder's show on screen phone calls, go.
Speaker 21: It's John, the most shows your book has taken over society.
Speaker 18: Brother.
Speaker 21: We was at Walmart, yes, and a little thunderstorm that up, and this guy was coming out beside it. He takes off and I screamed at him, real men don't run in the rain, and he put the brakes.
Speaker 2: Tome buddy, Yeah, I love it. Uh, it's it's a movement. Rick Burgers show her phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Good morning guys, horry'all this morning good. So the other day I was at work and I work in Startville, Mississippi, and I got a phone call that was very unusual and it popped up on the collar. I d Rick Burgess. Oh boy, I said, I better, I said, I better answer this. So I started talking and it was a young man and he asked me for something and he gave me his whole name. So I said, are you big love? And he said yes, ma'am, I am. So it was kind of weird that your name popped up and your son called and we got him fixed up and led him on his way.
Speaker 2: Oh good, good, it really was. It really was. So this is over in the Atlanta area.
Speaker 10: No, it was Startle, Mississippi.
Speaker 2: He was calling her and Startful. I guess to talk about something, okay, and your name came up. Oh I see what you're saying. Probably something to do with his records there and at stay okay.
Speaker 10: Well, well I'm on our caller ID and I said, I wonder if this is the ric person. Let me answer this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's working. He's working on a masters. So, uh, well that's great. Well thanks for helping him. And I bet that was weird. I bet you thought you was about to win something.
Speaker 21: I know, I know.
Speaker 10: Well, all right, guys, you have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Thanks for taking care of him.
Speaker 2: Wait, somebody said, in honor of Vicky Quest, we should call it Larry Questo.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yep done. Uh we continue, unscreen phone calls. This is the Rick Burgess Show. Go ahead, Hey, since.
Speaker 6: Y'all talk about the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 8: Hey, Greg, do you believe yours Straight deserves to be in the country He's the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: Well I would go this far? Yes, I do. Is he not already there? He probably already is, and he does deserve. Just because he's not my favorite doesn't mean that he doesn't have a huge audience, which he does. Believe me. I've heard from them, Yes you have, so I just made the opinion. But yeah, he should be. He should be in there.
Speaker 3: You know, this was a tough one for Greg because a lot of his menions are also George Straight fans, and it was thought there was a bit of a divide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to kept my mouth shut.
Speaker 3: I yeah, no, Greg, Never We continue Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: If I have a nosebleed?
Speaker 2: What should I do to get it to stop? I got to answer right here comes Greg, you get a spoon put in the freezer. Then whenever you have a nose bleed, you take the spoon on your bare back and go down your spinal cord and it'll stop. Thank you. He's trying to be cute, and I gave some good info. Yes he did.
Speaker 3: Rick Burgers show unscreenphone costs, go ahead, hey, now.
Speaker 11: Here while mag I was texting what I thought was the text line, and then my wife takes me back and said, are you okay? Is it something you need to tell me? I was like, wait, talking about She said, who's Robert.
Speaker 1: Robert?
Speaker 2: Hey? Robert here, Hey Robert. Rick Burgers show phone calls, go.
Speaker 22: Hey, Rick, is this Kobe ps.
Speaker 19: I'm a girl.
Speaker 22: I am calling from I'm calling from Tennessee and I just wanted to call. I was watching as I was getting ready to head to my job in Knox Vegas. Uh, and I was watching whenever you all were showing the the the part where we were showing the streaming.
Speaker 2: What was popular and what was not sure.
Speaker 22: I happened to notice.
Speaker 6: I saw.
Speaker 22: I happened to notice that they showed Adler put up the squid games. Don't know what that is, don't really care, but I just happened to look and see over. If you're looking at the picture to the very right, at a glance, I thought that was Greg Greg. I'm not messing with you, brother, I love you, And I thought, well, look Adler in.
Speaker 2: The picture, huh in the picture of the square, in the picture of.
Speaker 22: The squid Games. If you look to the very right at a glance, it looks like.
Speaker 2: Grego doesn't look like I'm not an old Asian man.
Speaker 3: From a distance, you are. Look, how does like Greg right there from a distance?
Speaker 6: Great?
Speaker 2: From a distance. I'm sorry, my goodness, I'm sorry. I'm ad that looks like Adler. Up front. There's a lot of Asians in that show. It's a south.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show doing what he was boring to do with Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: I'm just so thankful to still be doing it. Thank you for being with US America. A lot to do.
Speaker 3: Going forward to the program box seats are coming, that's coming up. I want to tell you what text Nation did not like the caller suggesting granted, Greg looked like an old Asian man.
Speaker 2: Well, the women all over text Nation defending their Greg. Greg is ready sexy, Greg, you are sexy there on the text nation sexy. What is wrong with this woman? How dare her say this about our Greg? I looked at the pictures. She was pretty much dead on right there. It is except for the Asian part.
Speaker 3: Uh well, and a lot of you that are attending the big Foot Convention this weekend, for this weekend, next weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. If I'm going to get Larry into my goodness, you could go, have to go. I'm thinking you have to go. Think Why can't I just think about it? You can't, No, I can't.
Speaker 3: You're going to the see to spend the night with Larry and Carolyn and Greg. You're going to the big Foot Convention.
Speaker 2: They're very similar. The problem is you about to go to say Larry and Carol. You're going to switch. No, we're both going both going. Okay, okay, I'm good with that too. Ada not have it. We can handle it, right, buddy, sure, sure, yeah. We count content all the time, Craig, Content left and right, left and right? All right? So next week in Big fed Okay, just check on it. Green.
Speaker 4: I'll actually be in Texas.
Speaker 2: I think I might run into Kat Williams when I'm there, because he bought the rest for me, Cleve greg did you sing a Seminole win for me? Because I'm going to be at First Baptist Church in Seminole, Texas Lord Willing next week the seventh and the eighth.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: By the way, have you ever said something George, have you ever said something so about somebody and you were just so confidently wrong?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's rare. I was talking out. I forgot this thought about it.
Speaker 2: I haven't now that I think about it.
Speaker 3: I was, I was talking with somebody at our church and he was asking me about that weekend, the seventh and the eighth. You know, we're going to do this, you know, I said, they were doing this, and you know, so I just want to check make sure that you and Cherry gonna be there. I said, absolutely, we're going to be there. I said, I don't think I'm teaching that week. I think the Dawsars are teaching what you talked about, he said to June eighth. I said, yep, I said, I mean, I'm sure I'll be there. You know, Cherry and I will both be there. Good good, because I know you'll be really good to y'all will be there. And all of a sudden, like out of nowhere. I went, I'm not here. Wait a minute. And then I said, hey, oh well, let me start me.
Speaker 2: I'm not even here. He goes, where you be?
Speaker 3: I said, I'll be in uh just outside of Lubbock, Texas. He goes, So you're not gonna be here at all? I said, you know what I'm not, and I pardon me. For a few minutes, we spent me reassuring your We were.
Speaker 2: Very confident, very comf the world definitely right. You can count on me.
Speaker 3: You need me to do anything right as long as it's happening in seminal textas I got it. Uh but anyway, all right, so Fatty fifteen, I want to try this out. I'm talking about going ahead and get in mine. This is you know, this is advancement right here, this is advancement. We've always known. There were good fasts and bad fasts. We've all all were learning. We're learning that the brain needs needs.
Speaker 2: Greg. Yes, this is good. I thought Ricky was got in a store about healthy.
Speaker 3: No, Greg, this is fatty fifteen. You must not know about C fifteen. I don't heard about it.
Speaker 2: You're talking about slowing down biological agent. You could use some of that agent I could you know a swing? Still? You got my attention now.
Speaker 4: At the cellular level. Okay, this is the the U. S.
Speaker 2: Navy.
Speaker 3: Greg has been part of this study. Watch out and so fatty fifteen because gregor the military. We would we'd love to see our guys be at their best.
Speaker 2: I'm seriously.
Speaker 3: So we're talking about the essential fatty acids. Uh, the critical nutrients that our bodies support ourselves and sustain good health. So you would want this is going to make you overall healthier because this is a good fat that your that your brain especially needs.
Speaker 2: Greg, you and love.
Speaker 4: They call it fatty yeah, fatty fatty acid.
Speaker 3: Uh, So go go to right now fatty fifteen dot com slash big box check on c fifteen got a ninety day supply for you at fifteen percent off and also read the story and all the scientific study behind it. There's also a link at Rick burgesshow dot com under sponsored. We're gonna put you on it, Greg, for sure.
Speaker 2: I'll try it. You know, I get up on my fatty acid. Okay, thank you. I knew that was coming. Now that we're outside of that, did you see what happened? Did you see what happened? So okay, it was about to some stories. It doesn't even it doesn't even know. The past two days I've been reading crap that didn't matter. You're right, what are you talking about? It didn't matter.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Once you go eat bread. Yeah, that that whole thing literally stopped all kinds. Ye, you've done enough. Just back, just back, just back away. Okay, watch this, okay, because let me say because today I think you I think you got I think Greg.
Speaker 3: Gets paid today. You see this right here, there's curse commercial fatty fifteen. I'm gonna draw a direct line to your paycheck.
Speaker 6: Okay, there it is.
Speaker 2: It is right. Okay, I love, I really do. I didn't hear what he was telling. It ain't like you into the product is one of these I don't know he's doing on these you hear about And I'll.
Speaker 4: Tell you what you are, Greg, You're a smart acid, right, I'll handle the fatty.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yankee fan yep out Duke security on the field. We love these. We can't get enough of him.
Speaker 6: He does.
Speaker 2: He comes from center field. It looks like Yankee Yankee fan tries.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: We did a pretty good job of aiding security, but then the wall.
Speaker 2: We came from it did, and it looks like he's coming from center field to right field. Uh, and the the security guard comes out trying to get him, and he does a good duke move here he got yeah, and then here comes here comes Everybody's like, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up. Does he think that now that he's in the stands, that they're gonna let him go? That was reached and drugging back out, dragging back out, Well, that did not go well. New York City police officer looks like he had had run out, but then he stops and just says, I'm gonna let him go. It's not worth it.
Speaker 4: But one of the events, that advanced security guy.
Speaker 2: Could he be any more? He can't even get up? Could he be any more unathletic? Can he be? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think if he said, let's try to find the most unathletic security person who can but New York. But New York's finals, they're just gonna simply grab you off the front row and pull you back in.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's what they did.
Speaker 10: What they did.
Speaker 2: He thought he made it. He was in safe zone, all right, So let's watch stand. Let's do this, Okay, add their back it up just a little bit. Let's watch his face and see if he gets fine you want to start there. Let's let's watch his face right now, right now, his face. Is it's worth it, It's worth it, It's worth it. Look at me, it's worth it. Hey, I made it worth it, worth it, worth it.
Speaker 3: Now watch when they grab him and then when he comes back up, does he still have only it's worth it face? And there's a unathletic security guy. He's been waiting on this actually buried. Now is it it's still worth it? No?
Speaker 2: No, Now he's handcuffed. It's going and they just handcuffed him. They get they like picking him up under the arm pits uh and he's video in himself on his phone, which of course you gotta do, you have to, but it does look like he uh is pretty athletic. And the security guard underestimated his speed for sure.
Speaker 3: They're seeing the game is actually in Anaheim, so that's the that's their their police.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love the guy, the security guard in left field that's chasing him and he's half a football field ahead. Yeah, what is it? Anything?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: And athletic well yellow shirts coming as hard as Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: That's not even the yet. That one guy that fell never gets there. It's the other security guard that gets there. This guy right there done. Watch him try to get up. He falls again. Oh he does, Bless his heart. He's really top heavy.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad to know that he stands between me in trouble.
Speaker 2: Somebody's still wearing a soubto Yankees jersey. He's with the Mets. Now, Okay, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Riley Gaines, she's challenged ex ESPN host to a race after he says she was a worse swimmer than she is.
Speaker 2: Maga stooge. Riley Gaines has come back.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 3: Former ESPN and MSNBC host, our friend Keith Oberman. By the way, I'll say it again, I owe the audience and apology.
Speaker 2: I had him. I had him in my crosshairs. Buba and I were in New York. We saw Obi on the on the sidewalk and I said, should I just go over there and just form tackle him? And I didn't do it, and and looking back, I should have.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: He Oberman is so stupid that he says that Riley Gaines is a worse swimmer than a maga stooge. Riley Gaines not a good swimmer.
Speaker 2: Well, let's say she wasn't, but she obviously she was. Yeah, what's that got to do with me and competing against women? Right? So that that's just Keith not really having an argument. So they gave the personal attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she goes He goes on to say that that if it says that Linda McMahon, who is the Education secretary, I guess for the simple mayor, and is it really Yeah, she said that Riley Gaines would have still won her race if she didn't have to compete against the transgender swimmer Leah Thomas. And so Oberman's trying to claim that Leah Thomas didn't have this huge advantage Rally Gaines just isn't that greatest swimmer? Well that's that's just an idiotic statement, right yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so Riley gage is saying, well, if I'm so bad, then you probably could beat me, So why don't we race? Yeah, and plus the Leah Thomas thing, look where was ranked when it was a male, and the didn't look where it was ranked he was a female. He was answered your question.
Speaker 5: He was ranked four hundred and sixty two as will and number one as Leo say, so that that.
Speaker 3: Pretty much answered, Yeah it does, and overhead and Oberman. He either knows that information and ignored it or he's just uninformed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's on that list with the women on the view. I won't hit women, but I'd like to hire another woman to hit them, and then I'll hit him. Yeah, I would say, I would say to to keithy Oh, I would say, well, at least Riley Gaines is still relevant in her field. Unlike you, he's lost his mind.
Speaker 5: He's lost it, absolutely lost the plot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he says, He says things that are so out there. At least all right, we'll be back coming up next hour. Vox seats will gracious with their presence, We'll get to know them a little bit, and we'll have a Burgess ball battle with a new twist today. Stay close, We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the only show hosted by an Oxford graduate, well Oxford High School, wet with Bridge show.
Speaker 3: Okay, so thanks for being with us today, America. A lot coming up today and this weekend. Later today, Lord Willing, I've got a great opportunity to talk to Sean Hannity on his show.
Speaker 2: He's been on our show. I'll be on his show, his radio show this afternoon.
Speaker 3: So if you catch Hannity every day, I'll be chatting with him about the new book, Men Don't Run in the Rain. I look forward to that visiting with Sean today and thank them for giving us access to the jiant Sean Hannity platform again today, So that'll be a lot of fun. So after the audience in text Nation, they've been a lot they want an update on Chin. How's mister Chen. Some people are starting to I mean, I'm not saying there's any true to this. So this is no accusation or my point. There's a bit of a rumor out there that they think Chin, this is not the original Chin. That's what they're saying. I'm not saying that you can.
Speaker 5: You can go to any day, any footage anything like that. He's a unique he's a unique fish, and you can you can. He's in the little corner here. He's in the corner.
Speaker 2: I don't see him in that bowl here. Look he's not in there the.
Speaker 5: Refraction for the class. Yeah, he's belly up, so he's moving.
Speaker 2: That's not the same chink. No, no, no, no, no, it's a light blue. This is a light blue chin.
Speaker 5: No, guys, you can go go to any day. He's got the double tail, he's got the red markings on the upper and lower fence. It's the same one. I'll I'll make it very obvious when I try to sneak in a new one.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right. Can I ask you a hard question being a pet store expert, Yes, it is possible that I could go to the pet store and get something very similar to chin.
Speaker 5: Right, yes, very similar, But you could. It's going to be very hard to get exactly. And I promised this is the same chin.
Speaker 2: How do you feel? Are you feeding them?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm feeding them great. Yes, he's doing great. He's happy as a clam, as a fish.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you do have to do the old switch room.
Speaker 4: Are you telling the audience we have not changed chins.
Speaker 5: I am telling the audience one hundred percent straight up. We have not changed chins.
Speaker 2: I take your word for it. I did.
Speaker 5: I've got I got to I got to bait of fish at home. Sometimes they change color, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean? Oh yeah, Why do you think that the blood glob changed his whole. He went from like dark to white, yeah, red to blue.
Speaker 5: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Is blood blood over?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think blood bloves out. He may be swimming in the lake. Okay, that's the store.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's Chin.
Speaker 3: How long did the ones that change colors in your home? How long did they go before they changed?
Speaker 5: We went on a vacation.
Speaker 2: It was it's a long one. They don't do well.
Speaker 5: They got you do bored of dogs, You forget about boarding the fish or whatever you do.
Speaker 2: If there's a lot of service out there, people are asking when the show finishes live, could they have a chin cam four? You just go to our YouTube channel and there's there's mister Chin.
Speaker 5: Just live Chin all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all Chin all the time.
Speaker 5: I don't know if there's the demand for that. I don't know if there's a demand for that.
Speaker 2: I think there is. I think there is. So you can't swap out chins so we can all watch him slowly down on right. Do you think mister Chin in that little bowl right now is like we were when we were little growing up, like at our grandparents house and we were playing football in the yard. We thought it was the biggest yard ever. And you go back as an adult, and it was this tiny little Do you think mister Chin thinks he's just swimming in the open he was in Yeah, I'll look at him.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 3: Uh some of them one day, some of the way, some of the experts you know, or as I call them, Text Nation, they think Chin needs more plant life.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: And they said, if we were placing the next one must be called double Chin Chin. Let me tell you, Text Nation, you can count on that.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know they're even are our local sales folks are even shopping around, maybe even having like a little like logo for a company in the in the bowl. So the Chin was like like flying around like, oh, come come check out our gutter company or whatever.
Speaker 2: What man?
Speaker 4: Is that how he would talk? Is that the voice of Chin?
Speaker 5: That'd be cool?
Speaker 4: Right m h It seems like he would be Asian.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to do it, Okay? Is that so that's the only that's the only accent we can't do?
Speaker 5: Uh No, I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 23: If if what if Chin talk like Gary? Yeah, apparently redneggs Okay, redneck definitely, that's fine. It's derivative of what you actually are. So it's okay, right, but I promise that's the same chin.
Speaker 5: Straight up. And then when if anything does happen, I'll swap them out for really had one and then it'll be really funny.
Speaker 4: You do know there's only one race, the human race.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right, right, we're all people.
Speaker 2: Right, look at So he's there, all right?
Speaker 3: So I want to ask you guys this with the time on the clock, would you like to hear Kevin O'Leary, uh, just go ahead to head with the CNN panel over Trump's tariffs. Well, it's a it's really bizarre him and and uh Dan Bongino and all the stuff he's discovering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get Scott Jennings both. They don't stand a chance there, hardly, but they do. They do it as best as they can.
Speaker 3: We're running out of time. Do you want to do O'Leary him taking on the CNN panel over tariffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a shouting match, but yeah, he can't believe what he's saying.
Speaker 4: Right, here's Kevin O'Leary on CNN.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the question. What percentage of job loss? Is fine?
Speaker 5: And okay almost amount of time jobs?
Speaker 2: And ask question a lot of let me ask a questions. We're full employment that there have been absolutely no jobs lost because of the disruptions created by the terror.
Speaker 5: You asking a question full employment, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: That's avasion, That's what he was handed doing. For economies on fire, we're.
Speaker 5: Talking about my American economy. Nobody is taking what is this job loss? The economy is on fire, The economy is doing.
Speaker 2: Dams, wearing damage to the American brand. We are a laughing stock. We're a laughing stock in Europe, a laughing stock in Asia. If you're inside the Trump bubble and you're on Twitter with all the bros, it hits hard. It's really getting will.
Speaker 24: Not what the numbers say. The number one destination for invested capital on Earth is still over in America tonight.
Speaker 1: Right now, I don't know what mere talking about.
Speaker 24: We're a laughing stock. So trillions of dollars comes to America? Why best place to invest on Earth?
Speaker 2: Largest?
Speaker 22: I think, Kevin, you're making a great story one second, you're making a great argument.
Speaker 2: It's it's just it's just exhausting, you know. It's it's a lot of times four or five on one, and they just have this agenda, and they want to push it. They don't want to hear the facts.
Speaker 5: There's job loss. Actually we're pretty close to full employment. We're a laughing a laughing stock. Actually the money is pouring in. So we weren't a laughing stock when Biden was bumbling around.
Speaker 25: But yeah, now we are.
Speaker 2: Give me a bro.
Speaker 3: Remember we were playing clips from all over the world, peeping people doing stand up routines about Biden.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, global, we were. We were at global laughing stock. Everybody knew it was weekend at Biden's here in the White House, except evidently Jake Tapper and all the mainstream media are getting paid millions and millions of dollars a year to be journalists. Why he didn't he wasn't fit for up?
Speaker 1: Why wait, this is the Rick Burgers Show. You better listen up.
Speaker 19: You know what we say.
Speaker 5: Falls I'm in an.
Speaker 2: You gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 2: Hello America, Brandy Ower, thanks for being with us all the cross America.
Speaker 5: They join us.
Speaker 2: They're ready for another hour. The box seats are full. There they are. They come from all over.
Speaker 3: They're settled in, some of them focused looking at the wheel, wondering can I win the Burgess ball battle and can the wheel produce some straight cash for me today?
Speaker 2: We shall see this hour.
Speaker 3: Someone who's hoping you don't win today is our account at Big Time Rush. It is his birthday today? Is it wrappy birthday? Big Time Rush lets him. So there you goes Big Time, Oh, big Time and uh and he'll text yeah, yeah will when there's a winner, he's uh, you know, he's good.
Speaker 4: I thought I thought we had a budget. I said, I can't control the wheel.
Speaker 2: The wheel.
Speaker 3: The wheel is its own thing, right, So uh so we'll see what happens coming up this hour. So there will be a spin in the Burgess ball battle and we will try a new little twist on the battle today.
Speaker 4: You will be you'll be our test case.
Speaker 6: Like it. I do like it.
Speaker 3: I think it adds a little drama. So and the more drama the better. People like conflict. People like drama, like wondering when mister Chin will die, that kind of stuff. So we're taking bets on it.
Speaker 2: That's a thing.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: The text Nation Rick, what time you're gonna be on handy this afternoon? I don't know, I said, we're pre recording because you know, Handy, he's got so much going on. We're pre recording the interview and they think maybe some somewhere around four thirty, between four thirty and five thirty Central, that's what they think.
Speaker 2: So but we can't but we can't commit to that. Yeah, but I recorded at what time? One twenty five Central? Uh, and you'll you'll call in and record that late in the you know, the one thirty two I got you and then and then it'll be a couple of hours later and it'll play play Okay. Yeah, but they said at the end of the interview, they should pretty be pretty certain on what time.
Speaker 4: So what if you follow me on X on Instagram? As soon as Handy tells me, I'll let you know.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: The other thing is, guess who I'm having lunch with the day before that?
Speaker 2: J T. Are you serious?
Speaker 4: What's a well, you know he heard us talking about him, Oh, talking about Stewart.
Speaker 3: Oh he's boy Stuart, you know, and you know what he loves and every time you know how it is, he's he's a bit of a you know, he goes, well, you you know, you got anything talking to me about I said, what do you mean I mean anything, anything, what's going on, anything, he's he's looking for any kind of I hate to say it, he's like a hen that is looking for some corn on the ground.
Speaker 2: You ain't told him about your shoulder, have you. Oh, that's right, I can do that. I have him in the hospital. Yeah, yeah, talk about that. I reached for it a couple of times. You might want to update everybody because they knew to the show that he was a hypochondria. Oh JT.
Speaker 3: The the greatest hypochondriac I've ever known. And he is just about every single day. He's dying every day. And whatever, talk him into it. You can whatever's out there. What if there's a new as a matter of I saw something where they they're claiming now there's you know, and we've these things.
Speaker 2: He coming in.
Speaker 3: Some new variant of COVID is now in some other countries, and you know, we got to prepare for the new variant or some something. And so what I'll do today is I'll convince him he's got it because they're saying we don't really have any American cares yet, and I'll can. I'll have him classification point zero today. He'll be our first case and I'll have him work into it.
Speaker 2: Did he get the vaccine?
Speaker 7: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Oh, he probably he's probably took one yesterday.
Speaker 5: I mean he's still taking.
Speaker 2: He's still taking. You need to do I guarantee you. J T took every vaccine anybody ever offered, and even and also any oral medicine or supplement.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's taking it off. He was the drink and drinking several mixtures and elixirs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was the one that we pranked on the Hunting show that he shot a deer that he thought was real and it was the cardboard cutout of a deer. And also we've we have had doctors offices and hospitals call us and say will you all please stop? JT keeps calling here wanting X rays and tests. And probably probably the greatest one the day, were convinced h he was radioactive. Yeah, that one was my favorite. Uh take when he rants about stuff is how he don't understand why people look at nursing homes as a negative. He can't wait. He's actually looking forward to it because you have doctor's care. Twenty fourth to seven, he said, he said, what's this thing everybody EPs said about being in a nursing on Franks. I'm looking forward to he said, I've got doctors at my backon and call, and the I've got three hot meals every day.
Speaker 3: He's sitting everybody waiting on me. I'm kind of isolated one room, so I'm not e supposed to a lot. Yeah, so he's looking forward to.
Speaker 2: It, and he was. He played Stuart from the Hot Dogs team.
Speaker 17: He did Hi Fallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody's wanting that back. But anyway, so look, I look forward to our lunch today. It's always action packed. So I'll decide what he'll get today. Uh, here's somebody, boy, this is one of the worst.
Speaker 4: What about the dogs? Hey, Burde, what about the dog?
Speaker 3: The wife, my daughter who lives in Florida, and my in laws are headed out this morning for the weekend to visit family in South Carolina.
Speaker 4: See that right there? Just sounds good. Yeah, but what's what's gonna run it? These stupid dogs?
Speaker 3: Okay, he says, So here, I am a weekend to myself, but they're leaving me with our three dogs and my daughter's two dogs.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, he's got five dogs. What on top of that, every one of them are inside dogs and oh and oh don't miss this this they hate each other. They get they can't they can't mingle without getting into an all out brawl. Oh no fun times for my so called weekend to myself. Yeah, I'm requesting to hear that. Don't interrupt it, let it play. I must have what about the dog? To help me comfort myself? He wants the whole thing? What about the dog?
Speaker 5: Hell them all?
Speaker 11: This is for you.
Speaker 20: Coffee ta lord, digging up a ball for rich kid, chase my country dreams, life.
Speaker 5: Stuck in a dial?
Speaker 20: All is every road I take to loot to What about the dog?
Speaker 5: Five dogs are playing?
Speaker 2: What a weekend? So he's going to have a tough time, he said.
Speaker 3: And if if you don't remember me, I actually was in the box seats, listen to this guy's Okay, I lost in the Burgess ball battle.
Speaker 2: He even made it to the battle. Oh from South Carolina?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, I lost twenty four to twenty three by one point. And the guy and the person who beat me by one point then spun the wheel for one thousand dollars. Oh boy, I'm still not over that.
Speaker 2: There, fake clap, I remember that? Over that was he going against the guy that wanted and ripped his shirt off and run around in the studio when he won a thousand the younger kid, I'm talking about the guy beat right. I'm not sure this is a guy, b.
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know? So you got him the guy on a thousand bucks. I remember he won a thousand bucks. Yeah, he did do that. Let's just say it is speaking about the different I've got to go to Huntsville this tomorrow Saturday, and we're moving JC out of his house that he ran.
Speaker 4: And how many total dogs will you have until JC finds his own place.
Speaker 2: Three good? And Cuddy is the college dog. And so we're talking about it. He's gonna take his truck. I'm taking mine, you know, dual trucks. We're gonna knock it out. And then then he leans down he cud you we're going to hospital tomorrow. I said, we ain't taking that dog. We're moving. We're moving you out. You're gonna take the dogs. No, we ain't put him in the backyard. No, this Cuddy thing can't be a dog bringer Buddy everywhere. No, No, don't be that.
Speaker 3: It's okay if people want their own dogs and their own life, but don't bring your dogs into our lives.
Speaker 2: Oh he can stay in the backyard play. We'll move and get our stuff out and come on back.
Speaker 18: I was, I was.
Speaker 2: I was visiting your friend yesterday and I had not one, but two dogs, knows me. The whole time I was there, I'm like, hey, hey, hey friend, it's so good to see you have things being Yeah, okay, all right, so uh my favorites when a female friend comes open, and they're often the skirt and all that and the dog he so cereal. Yes, it's it's like they're inside the front door.
Speaker 1: And she's like it's okay.
Speaker 2: I was not going there.
Speaker 1: But they'll do that.
Speaker 2: They do the same thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, he would plan so unc and you know me like look at me, like, hey, you creep Your dog is getting me again. I'm trying. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You know why that is creepy.
Speaker 5: That's why that's a compliment. He thinks you smell good.
Speaker 2: Been in there for two Mississippi.
Speaker 3: If they really think that, he unfortunately, they really think that through My dog thinks you're a female dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so up coming. That's the bad part.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I guess we're not going on the second day.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. We talked to the public every day and trust us, you should be gravely concerned.
Speaker 2: The trust us on that one.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, America, boy, I said, Greg and Speedyther pulling together.
Speaker 2: Who in the vox seats will do the Burgess Ball Battle?
Speaker 3: Now, I'm gonna tell you we're going to add a new element to the Burgess Ball Battle. Everybody paying attention, I'll review it again.
Speaker 2: If you are the two people have chosen.
Speaker 3: This was a great idea from the audience, and you know, because we want to keep trying to make things even better. So here is a new We're gonna call it the dilemma rule. So if you win the Burgess Ball Battle, you know, normally we let the winner spin and then the loser spins to find out what they could have won.
Speaker 2: They get zip, they get zip nada.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna add something that's gonna to make this a little more intriguing. Here's how it's gonna work today, and if we love it, we'll continue this on and I think we will think. I think this is a missing element, a little more intrigue and some psychological challenges if you win, you've got to stand there and watch the loser spend before you m So when the loser spinds, here's your dilemma. If it lands on something you want, you just say I'll take that. If you don't take it, the loser gets it, but you get a spend and then you spend, meaning you could spend something worse than the loser got, or you could upgrade. So your choice is I pick what the loser spun and take it from them. If you don't, they get it, and then you spend to see if you can do better than the loser.
Speaker 2: So the loser could spend one thousand dollars and get it, correct, I like it.
Speaker 3: Basically he or she could spend one thousand dollars for somebody else. Yeah, wow, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 6: I like that for me.
Speaker 2: I like this rule.
Speaker 5: But the winner can make it so that the loser gets something, and then the winner gets to spend, and the winner could also get it.
Speaker 3: Could have two wins. But but where it gets ugly if you give that up and the loser gets it. What if you spend something worse than the loser got and the loser actually got a better price than you.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's, it's all. You got to think it through. Mm hmmmmmmm.
Speaker 2: Somebody could win Beth.
Speaker 3: Modes and not know what to say. You got merch, say you got merch. You said, I'm gonna let the loser keep the merch, and then you spend Beth moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah you ain't good.
Speaker 4: Now the loser did better than you. Now the money is the money is a no brainer.
Speaker 2: If you spend. If the loser spends money, you know you're gonna grab that. If not, if you go, I don't know, the loser got five hundred, I'm going for a thousand. That's not wise. And you can do that. You can do it if you want to. But so the loser could land on me and have to buy me lunch, and the winner go, no, you you buy them lunch. I'll spend on my own. Correct, So that's good, So I still win? Yes, okay, good always?
Speaker 3: All right, So speedy, we need to know who is gonna be I'm in the burgess ball battle with a new dilemma rule.
Speaker 2: All right, So speedy, here we go. Coming up. You're up?
Speaker 17: Is that good?
Speaker 6: You're up?
Speaker 2: Are you at?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you at the court. I'm at the court, Greg, I'm at the Burgess ball court. Greg has has drawn two names. First, he Drew Drew Sarah Gill Sarah Sarah, Sarah smile my mom, Sarah Sarah. The other, uh, he's he chose Ben Beasley Ben Ben con fired. Oh, Ben is ready, alright, I'll let's go. Let's just go. All right, let me get this thing going. So Sarah versus. Ben is to the right and Ben is to the left. If you're trying to figure out where everybody is, all right, and after the crowd applause, we're gonna go for it. You ready, Oh, wait, go there, we gotta we go, Here we go. It's all it's started, all right, So there it is, Sarah.
Speaker 19: Go.
Speaker 2: It's zero two to two to zero, keep going, all right, here we got to night. Ben, shall we go? Here we go. It's six to six to zero. Ben a beating Sarah. It's ten to two. It's ten to two, it's ten to four. It's twelve to four, being over Sarah. It's fifteen to four. Come on, Sarah, don't give up. Sarah. Five seconds left, twenty one to four, My gracious, it's twenty four to seven. It's like it that was stars. Oh my goodness, gracious, Ah, it's okay, It's.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sarah, it's not Oh Sarah, you're still in this because you're actually gonna spend first. And whatever Sarah spins, Ben can either take it or you can let Sarah have it and then hope that you can spend something better. All right, So Sarah get up to the wheel, say it's will to me and give that baby a spin. And let's see what kind of the lemma you put Ben in, who's won the burgess ball.
Speaker 2: Battle over there one time, says Will to me. All we gore? You go go ahead, there we go, Ben, Pa attention, Ben, paying attention. This is gonna be around five, you know, okay, hen Henry the horse.
Speaker 5: So what do we do?
Speaker 19: Wait?
Speaker 2: Depends hens, I mean, Ben, Ben, he may take that. Yeah, alright, a horse, So be amost suspense? So does that mean she wins? It said? That means Henry still comes out either way. Henry's coming out. He's gonna come out. Make sure he doesn't trip over you. There, Here we go, careful here, Henry, there we go, come on out here, there we go? There, How do we understand this at all. Hey, Henry. As a matter of fact, the way to put this is, this is what the loser gets.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, So so where's the winner?
Speaker 2: The winners behind you? They still have to spind. I'd like I'd like to shake your hand, sir. Okay, okay, And where's the loser's over here? Come here, lady, Come here, lady, Sarah horse? Okay, what what is that?
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I thought that's all the show works. You just rub it into the loser's faith. Try about that fair.
Speaker 5: That's all right.
Speaker 2: That was Henry the horses extreme. Actually that was Henry the Horse's impression of p Diddy.
Speaker 3: It's terrible, all right, So here we go.
Speaker 2: Now it comes down to it. Man has one man. Sorry, so say it's will to me and spind it. It's will to me. Let's gotta see what happens. Oh my god, there go, you're gonna go, come on, come on, come on. He was clay.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to play from my house, Happy birthday, big time rush.
Speaker 2: And he spends heal more.
Speaker 5: I'm worth much more than a thousand dollars a bottle.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to sleep, no, not hand the hell still bottled up some grounds of lessons.
Speaker 1: We're wrong bot not move man one.
Speaker 11: Half?
Speaker 2: Hi, huh, well know it's wrong by one foot bubble you I mean you can't eat. I think the horse was better by the way I thought. Yeah, you know what, I'm not sure which one got the best prize.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, Henry, Henry scared Sarah.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, Sarah. It's okay, it's not a real horse. Yeah, yeah, even though at times it feels that, Yeah, Henry was acting like a jackass today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's just your way.
Speaker 3: I say that if Greg can find any way to say that, he'll find and then he'll keep saying it's an animal.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we get the Big Boy Mike open up.
Speaker 3: And we see who and the Vox seats would like to say hello to America, and we'll say hello to all of them either way.
Speaker 2: And Greg had stepped out on something I got to ask him about. Oh really, yeah, okay, what I said. We meet the seats right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 6: Morning.
Speaker 1: In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So light enough, Francis and enjoy the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Hello America, thanks for being with us today. The box seats are here.
Speaker 3: And the big Boy Mike is ready, and hey, we're gonna say hello, Joe got all right, let's guys out to Michael and Matt Bush where they at here they go. Come on, fella, come on guy, Michael and Matt Bush here in the box seats today and we got an opportunity to meet them right there on the Big Boy Mike. You'll can lift that up you want a little bit higher there, there we go, up there, you go go.
Speaker 26: Are you guys from Well, I'm in the middle of moving. I'm in the army, so i just left Fort Campbell. I'm actually getting stationed at Fort McClellan. So I'm headed there.
Speaker 3: You know there's a Bigfoot there's a Bigfoot convention coming up. Yeah, it's actually ye come up next weekend.
Speaker 2: You might see Greg there. I cut through there all the time on boy.
Speaker 3: So thank you, thanks for your service to our country and you any shout outs your questions.
Speaker 2: I would like to shout out to my kids.
Speaker 26: Madison who just graduated high school about to start college, well she's already technically started college. And my son Matthew, who's just finished seventh grade.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: What about Michael Bush over y are y'all brothers?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 2: Ok, all right? So where are you from?
Speaker 4: I'm from Khliram, from Khalira.
Speaker 2: Any questions your shout outs? Yeah, I want to do a shout out to my Christa, my daughters Lauren and Jalen, and my son Michael James David.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed the rest of the show.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 2: How about how about Rick Matt sent the video at the Stallion's game with me on the mic? That who shipped that video in?
Speaker 26: Yeah, that was me that sent that video. Yeah, I had heard about and you know, so I wanted to prove it to the to the audience.
Speaker 3: So what did were you a little bit embarrassed for him when his voice went out comfortable?
Speaker 26: I did feel little bit of uncomfortable, you know, Thank you. I wanted to go hide in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Second embarrass mat Matt got the cuss.
Speaker 6: It was let's go.
Speaker 2: It was mostly his proximity to mister Pig. Yeah, yeah, yeah, mister pig Pig Wiggley Mascott was right there with me, I said, mister pigs fired up fourth and goal. Let's keep him out. You threw that in? Yeah, as if she hasn't been through enough, here comes Nicholas and Sarah Gill. Come on, Sarah, Sarah, get back up there again. Shara's like, where's mister? Sarah's like I thought coming to the show. It's much different than I thought.
Speaker 3: I've been accosted by a horse, I've had to spend the whee, I've had to shoot basketball. Yeah, so here is uh the gills 's start with Nicholas. Nicholas, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah about you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, I'm good. Where you're from?
Speaker 27: Briarfield, Alabama, Bro Bib County.
Speaker 2: Bib County. You got a shout out? Your questions?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 27: I got one or a couple of shout outs. Have our four year old daughter Graceland?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 27: Uh, we also have one on the way.
Speaker 2: Uh congratulations. Yeah, I want to be a boy. So oh be a pregnant lady. Yeah. The horse slapped the pregnant Henry. The horse goes over and does a fake deal.
Speaker 5: It's not a good luck. Good luck.
Speaker 2: She's with child.
Speaker 4: Okay, so congratulations on that. Have you got a name for the boy yet?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 27: If we're gonna go with Jeremiah.
Speaker 5: Oh, or Jeremiah tell me about the fire or Henry or Henry.
Speaker 2: He probably not.
Speaker 3: Henry and uh and so also uh is Sarah you're gonna staff the mic? Or do you want to come up to the MinC I got the mike?
Speaker 2: God love, you've been to it. She can't believe she was called. You should have seen her face.
Speaker 4: She's like, you know what to thank you for your effort today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of war.
Speaker 27: Got the guys there at City Clear that I work with.
Speaker 2: What is that with? What the City Clear?
Speaker 27: City Clear?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: There around the text Nation. Yeah, laid out of work they did, said you took.
Speaker 27: Well, you know, I got my buddy Sawyer. He wanted me to give him a shout out.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 27: And that's about it. I did have one request.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 27: I wanted Speedy to do an impression of Tony Romo because I've never heard him do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're told me I'm not the man with that old Jim.
Speaker 15: That.
Speaker 2: It really wouldn't bad for a fresh stab at better than I thought.
Speaker 5: Yeah, from the side, Well.
Speaker 3: Winner, Darren, why don't you start making your way here too?
Speaker 2: And Hayes as well. Yeah, right here that boy. We got it back to we know all we got so Ben, what's in the bag? Goodies? Gifts with me to the show. You almost wanted money once a morning. You can't have nothing, but I'm going to give you more than you gave me today.
Speaker 17: So in honor, in honor of y'all's dad, Speedy Greg, I got you guys some purple worms.
Speaker 5: That purple.
Speaker 2: Sweet adler in there and sweet we parked beside.
Speaker 17: The sweet van and so he wants your sweet van to make sweet smells sweet.
Speaker 18: There.
Speaker 17: Yeah, cars stuff so and also the newest member of the show, a little housewarming gift for mister Chin.
Speaker 2: Got a first.
Speaker 5: Great jack swim around.
Speaker 2: Circles for the next So we'll leave that right there. Okay, thanks you, Ban, thank you. I appreciate appreciate you, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, now we also have Darren and Hayes. Norn is that he said, nor nor Norton?
Speaker 2: Nor Red Is that a d D? I think fell it backwards both ways on that, Okay, Norrid.
Speaker 4: And you're are you the one that brought the bread? You know, Gregs not Gregs, not Edenbriges.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that's a lot. I'm so sorry. I did well. I just ruined it on a on a good cinnamon roll man, that's good. And sour devil bread from the ladies both the church at church.
Speaker 5: Oh serious, you got more of those? I'm in on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah we do.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: The cinemon? Oh yeah, bread, I'm all about all.
Speaker 2: There's there's a loaf for all for you.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Wow, So we're gonna take it all. Any questions show bread. Shout outs to my wife twenty seven years, Lisa, Hey Lisa. Of course, Hayes is here, three other sons, Hunter, grand child.
Speaker 6: On the way.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, first one blessed man.
Speaker 1: Holding and Hayden.
Speaker 2: All boys, all boys?
Speaker 1: All boys?
Speaker 2: Are you holding patches? He's tolling pat retire law enforcement thirty years, So thank you for your service. Man, got each one of y'all and I knew I recognize you. Larry challenge coins what the show? All right? And challenge coins for Larry and challenge going for each man. Thank you, good challenge, Thank you so much, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Darn that's cool, Larry.
Speaker 3: Larry is already he's HEARDing listen right, Yeah, okay, hey, you have you got anything for us?
Speaker 24: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, basically covered on my shout out. Thanks, how old are you thirteen thirteen? Nice to meet you, man. You're a tall fella, yes, six foot you've been raised right, Thank you for being here, so nice. Any questions or anything answered?
Speaker 3: All the shout outs going, all the shout outs, hey dog, the rest show them.
Speaker 2: Thank you to the nor Ads. Right now.
Speaker 5: We got one of fine Clint and.
Speaker 2: Saw your blanking ship, blanking ship saw get about that?
Speaker 14: Come on, I like this, guys.
Speaker 11: Love.
Speaker 6: I didn't tell you that.
Speaker 2: Look shake head.
Speaker 12: I love that.
Speaker 2: Blake a shoe. How a y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 2: Which one are you? Clint or saw Clint? Hey? Clint got a we're a tuesstcomby Alabama. Oh. When I first when you first walked in, I said, well, it's Speedy's quinn. I know you know, so I took it from you. I like you look man, Thank you. You wear it well. You wear it well. He's got a good head for your bald head. Yeah yeah, just make fun of it. Great right now, and that's a good call. Some people step out and have an alien head. So any questions or shout out, I've got a shout out to my wife of nearly twenty years Susanne, I've got two kids at home, Xander and Sadie Claire. What about you? What about you? Saw your It's good to be here.
Speaker 5: I was excited.
Speaker 2: Look at you? Sorry you ready? He's fired all back like a flip, roll time, roll time. You got any shout out your questions? I don't have any shout outs?
Speaker 5: But do you remember the Rick and Bubba puppet show?
Speaker 2: Yes? Well done?
Speaker 5: Now is really good.
Speaker 2: You know some of your scenarios may little. I mean, I don't know how y'all came up with that. We had fun with it.
Speaker 3: No, just see you man, you brought away. You should have brought some of the puppets. You should have brought Greg's.
Speaker 2: Pup for sure.
Speaker 5: They're sitting on a wall at church right now.
Speaker 2: You have come back here and men you like good down here like this, Good to see you. Sorry your clip. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Thank you, boxing, He joined the rest of the show. Settle in, there's more to come, and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: America.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get a signed copy of Rick's U book Men Don't Run in the Rain for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch Dot com.
Speaker 3: So if Father's Day matters to you and you want to sign copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain, a week from Monday is the cutoff, So use those links either at the Rick Burgess Show, go to Rick burgesshow dot com, the Maanchurch dot com or Burgessmanistries dot com. That's the only place you can get signed copies. And use the right link, that's the one that's read that says click here for a signed copy. Do that before next Monday and we'll get it to you for Father's Day. If you're not concerned about that, then you know you don't You don't have to rush on that.
Speaker 17: Hey.
Speaker 3: Another thing you need to take advantage of is an opportunity to win something at rickburgesshow dot com. The ultimate North Alabama hunting road trip to Willowoak Lodge. And unlike the one that Gary was putting together, which basically required you to find a place to hunt and let Gary come, Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association is actually going to handle it for you.
Speaker 2: They have a place set up at beautiful Willowoak Lodge.
Speaker 3: They manage thousands of acres of great hunting land in Alabama, giving you a chance at the buck of a lifetime. This is free range hunting at beautiful Willowoak Lodge is worth fifteen hundred dollars, all the meals, all the lodging taken care of. So you got to get all you licenses that you need for Alabama. You abide by all the hunting laws in Alabama while you're here. It's non transferable, and you must go to on the hunt in one calendar year if you want to win it, go to Alabama roadtrips dot org Alabama roadtrips dot org. Are rickburgesshow dot com. Two places there under sponsors or right there under contest. Now, Speedy, were you were talking about Greg?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What did you say? What's happened? Well, I'm making up something. I'm gonna find out if you were.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 2: He has stepped out on something and I have somebody online ten that wants to ask him a question. Uh, we've been about two and a half years in the waiting here. All right, who is this? Let me guess? Hey, hoby' you Speedy's dad? Hey, Hoby, Hey, buddy, how you doing.
Speaker 6: I'm good?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 6: You step out?
Speaker 2: What you mean?
Speaker 6: You step out? Speedy's been talking all week he's been hoping you up as you're coming to work out with Well, I.
Speaker 2: Got one thing. I got to take care of it. If that is everything that works out, then it's possible. It's every day, Okay. Earlier in the week he asked me what days we were working out and Friday was one of those days, and he said, I think I'm in Friday. So I told Hoby. I told Hoby today. Yeah, he's been saying this for over two and a half years. Two and a half years, Hoby, Right, he's breaking heart. Yeah, it's hard. We want you to be part of the conversation. There's been times when we're like laughing and cutting up and we're like, see what he's missing. So you go into absolutely, well it's possible, Hobby. When was the last time you saw Greg in the super tan legs in some shorts working out in a T shirt? Win, It's been six months.
Speaker 6: We saw him one time about a year ago, and then before that it had been about two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but before that was at the old place. It was well, yeah all the time. The apparently Greg is walking around with the box of IF and but yeah, there's champ Hope. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 6: All I know, all I know was he was in the best shape of his life when he was in there with us.
Speaker 2: He's got the crap run coming up and all that here for you.
Speaker 6: Know, Hoby's craft run training season.
Speaker 4: Ye, hey, Hoby, does Speedy exhaust you?
Speaker 2: And what what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: This is about Greg?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, we're friends. We're friends.
Speaker 2: It's called a friend's got nothing. It's called a friend's friends with a lot of people. But he does exhaust people.
Speaker 3: Hob Hoby, when you well, my mere chance, none of us believe that, by the way, but by mere chance, speedying his wife on their anniversary. We're eating at a restaurant. Did you just happened to be Yeah, okay, road by.
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 3: Did you did you feel like the Speedy frozen? You had a little bit since you didn't offer to buy dinner?
Speaker 2: No double, he.
Speaker 6: Didn't tell you. What Speedy didn't tell you is after dinner. I'm out in my yard. I'm out there working in the yard. Say this, look looking, here comes steady, here comes.
Speaker 1: This is fine, sounds it was fine.
Speaker 2: Let the men have a lot.
Speaker 19: My goodness, we waved, we we we had a little little niceties there and he drove by, and then I went back in the house, and probably ten minutes later, I go out to go to my mailbox, and I'll be danged that there comes uh speed.
Speaker 5: This sounds so happened.
Speaker 2: I got to settle down. I'll tell you all about it. Hey, Terry was please tell me that somehow can I get you a belt with some break lights on it? Yeah, because that's a terrible set up, Speedy. Do see some breaklights, Hoby?
Speaker 6: I mean, I was just I was just telling the truth.
Speaker 2: Here's what here's what happened. Goodness. So that guy, No, that's not what happened. So he comes by and you know what, I can't he'd be like ten thirty over a struggle. He's still in there, no step out.
Speaker 3: This is originally have you ever found yourself? Like, have you ever found yourself at some department store, grocery store? Be honest, Hoby, because God's listening and you spotted Speedy far off?
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard yes, have you ever heard about me? This was about Greg saying he was going to work out for over two years and he hasn't. Have you floor? Have you ever tucked behind that keebler? Set up the one they have out there that's not normally there. Yeah, because it is a.
Speaker 5: Special I look like an alf in the tree, right.
Speaker 2: Can I defend myself on why we went by?
Speaker 14: Sure?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 6: All we know what?
Speaker 2: Well you ain't. Three times and see now you got me see this, I exaggerate y'all, he said.
Speaker 6: Three Now, did Speedy tell y'all about that hotel? I told him about and down like that?
Speaker 2: Of course he did. I'm sure he asked.
Speaker 3: Everything begins when the hobby said, so, so we're eating you bitcoin.
Speaker 2: We're gonna lose spitty to bitcoin. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Hobie loves me.
Speaker 6: I've got some bitcoin. I do have some bitcoin.
Speaker 2: Speedy all about it. He's gonna wait till you let go on my leg. So there we are, and so so there we're sitting and there's Hoby. He stops by. Now now, I said, hey, what are you doing? He goes, well, I live right there? And I said, what do you mean you live right there? He goes, yeah, I mean if you turn on the street. He said, if you turn on the street right here, we're we're probably quarter mile down. And I said, I said, do what? He goes, yeah, y'all ride on by, and I said, okay, so we leave it and Terry said, you want to ride by? I said, well yeah, he says, be right out there, and so we go.
Speaker 5: Annis.
Speaker 2: He was literally, guys, we took a Rai's actually the way back out of that high dollar neighborhood.
Speaker 6: Couple of block.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. And so we go by, and he's out there and how y'all do and and all this, and so we ride by, and we swung around, and I was telling her about a handle neighbor that he's got. Oh sure, and uh, that one yeah, and the old lady, yeah, way yeah, the old crazy lady. That's a big hand. You're getting real and uh. And so when we swung back around, I was showing Terry the house because you know, his friends talk, That's what he was. He was telling me the story. And then he saw us again. But it was that was the reason. It wasn't like look gawking at it. Listen, honestly, when you're going up wanting to like lay in his bed. When you saw you all the last time, he had to thank my god, you know what happened, he said, just they drove off in speed, said let me circle through seing one more time. Let me see Hobe one more time, because I won't see him till tears doing work. That's a good I kind of laugh at it. But so what so uh Hobey, I think it's just gonna be two of us because all talk ain't coming. He that's all he Let me tell both y'all something y'all got to give up on Greg coming to the work. Yeah, well he's got thirty back into Vat doing his own thing. He's not coming to the The running joke now is where's Greg? Okay, that's the joke. Every every time he says it's Greg coming, Where's Greg? We laugh and cut up. Hope, are you eating bread?
Speaker 6: I am eating some bread. I'm doing higher protein though, thank you, Rick, We're doing high protein here.
Speaker 2: I want you to get back on no faith die, that's my face.
Speaker 6: Faith was tough.
Speaker 2: You can't you can't live anything that you can't get rid of chicken. Later, Greg.
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Will Gil come to Rick Bird? Just show broadcasting from the rig World.
Speaker 20: With speedy Greg Adler and Rick Berges. Buckle up, America, It's time for the show. Welcome to the Rig Bird just show.
Speaker 5: Broadcasting from the rig World.
Speaker 20: With Speedy Greg and learn Rick Berges. Buckle up, America, It's time.
Speaker 2: All right, America, here we go. The Gang's all here. Bring you our box. Seats are full and we're visiting it and look forward to running down the stories of the day.
Speaker 3: If you missed anything today, catch it on the Daily Archive, either catch it on our YouTube channel or our podcast channel. We'll have that for you as Ader does each and every day. Also, some other things coming out this weekend. We will have episode four Burgess Bass Battle Part two Tells from the Camp House on the YouTube channel that'll be there this weekend. Also Strange Encounters, brand new podcast about spiritual warfare, Episode three out this weekend. Episode twenty of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold the new podcast that out this weekend as well. And of course you can always go back and grab any or all of the archives of the week on anything you may have missed on the Daily Show, including the Wednesday Bible study. All right, so a lot of people on text Nation are saying this about Greg and Greg. If you had grasped this, you really could have had the upper hand. What they're saying Greg doesn't want to be a third wheel.
Speaker 2: On Hoby and Speedy.
Speaker 5: Three's a crowd.
Speaker 2: Three's a crowd. Really, it started with the two of us. Started with the two of us and we were we were workout buddies, and then Hobe he started coming. He came up with him, came a little bit. You broke up with Greg, and Adler would would come some uh and work out with us. He tried to do his own thing, Yeah he would. He would always venture off into younger, his own little world.
Speaker 5: You and Hobie were sent around doting over each other.
Speaker 2: You remember they'd be singing, you got a friend to me.
Speaker 5: Spot you?
Speaker 2: And then and then Greg backed out and started making excuses and we're all busy, but he kept on making them and now he just doesn't go anymore. So that's the running joke. Where's Where's Greg? I want to updates you. You're going to We're going to eleven today. You know, his biggest thing is he has to come out of the studio and go left, which is a mile a mile opposite direction, but it's a mile. But I get it. I understand what he's saying. What you turns bothering them No, I can't.
Speaker 3: You turns bothering. I have nothing to say on that. You wouldn't believe the things I do. That would just be a simple U turn would solve it. Yeah, I just can't do it. Yeah, I know certain sides of the roads and all that are important. I get it, But that's ridiculous. There's a ruin that. Basically, I look at everything. I look at everything. I look at everything before I enter, and if I don't like I don't like it. I don't like the the entering and exit plan, I'm out. It better not be a hassle. Yeah, I can't do it. There's a place I've been wanting to buy some shoes, but ICE can't do it, terbor location. I mean, what it would take to get in there, they just can't do it. So I just go get shoes somewhere else. They don't even have the shoes I want.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying is the businesses you go to they do a really good job, and that's why you're in there. But it's just convenient.
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 2: No, you remember I gave the speech of that time the woman kept trying to get me to do membership points or something. I say, Hey, don't want to be rude. I have no law to this place whatsoever. You're just on the right side out of the road.
Speaker 3: If your if your competition would move from where they are to where you are, I'd be in there with them. This is better, this is easier on my way home. There's no loyal to here. I don't even know you going today.
Speaker 2: I don't know i'd see Okay, that's.
Speaker 3: Not two hours it happened to by the way. By the way, let me tell you something that. Let me tell you something that's a no, you don't know that you're not going today.
Speaker 2: On Friday, I'll be there. I know he's not. But the joy in my in my life is watching him squirm anyway. Did you you know what that is?
Speaker 4: That's that's what you call the opposite of leaving something somewhere you want to go back to.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's the other side that you don't bring something you need for something you don't want.
Speaker 25: To go to.
Speaker 2: Doug gon't left my bag. I was going to.
Speaker 6: Planning.
Speaker 5: That's some prior planning, preventing poor exercise.
Speaker 2: Good job, buddy, well, said an motivational speaker. You would see Adler, we would we all what we're doing today, we'd all get in there and have a good time. He'd go off in the corner somewhere, somewhere.
Speaker 5: Somewhere to have a weird thing.
Speaker 2: You'll know you're the weird one. You can go there and be like trying to do wall push ups and stuff stands. And remember we were doing what was that first thing we did? It goes Jim Pork and he coming there and you get throwing that football at him.
Speaker 5: He's just burning me down, throwing it at my knees and my ankles and my butt.
Speaker 4: Did you find speedy at one point just to be just straight up me?
Speaker 5: Yes, just a past a bully Frankly bullies bully, bullies bully and you got bullied by Rick and Gregg and now you're bowling me.
Speaker 2: Remember, because what are there always it's always just scosed to hurt hurt people, hurt people. That's solo on me. Today we had that ping pong table and the other spy smashed that one right in between the eyes.
Speaker 5: That's so funny, that's hurtful. I yelled at frank that day because of you hurt people, hurt people.
Speaker 2: I want to say there was a time on the when he first joined. When when he first joined this was a group of men. There was a time he was just really getting hazed on a daily basis. He came in one day. I never did anything like that. By the way, I never did anything what you would stand in the well? He explained to me. He wasn't raised that way, and I stopped. He came in one day with these big baggy shorts on, and we were like, my goodness, you don't know your own size. He goes, yeah, he was. He didn't want the cash here to know that he wore that small size, so he bought the size up from what he normally were. It was a chick.
Speaker 5: She came up to being a foot locker.
Speaker 25: What do you needed?
Speaker 5: I was like large, large shorts.
Speaker 2: He came in like Joe.
Speaker 5: He had to roll the ways. I looked like the professor who plays basketball.
Speaker 2: If you know that night so great, you're going for him? You Greg, So you're going, yeah, I'll be there. Okay, I mind, y'all don't know now, but I know I want to meet joking, I think I do. I really think you're coming, but I know you're not. I think Adler's distance on age when it gets to working out, you got to leave these young people. I know what he needs to do. No longer speedy with it's too much. He goes and roll.
Speaker 3: He's one of those speaking look and he's gonna have like some dead log across his shoulders doing squats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, five hundred. And he gets in his underwear when he works out too. That's uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: That's in my privacy of my home.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 5: Hey uh and where we get like they would get like four exercises in, I would get like eight.
Speaker 2: Just telling you, I'm not disputing of socializing. You don't remember him, I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm like, are y'all even sweating? He's all's heart even right? Yes, yes, we do cardio outside of and I'm not talking about butterflies in your stomach. I'm talking about actually working out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right. You're you guys are at the age now you better be you better be drafting when people close to you eight. Yeah, you're right, Rick, You ain't gonna tell me nothing. I just wish somebody my age would go with me.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at Gregg.
Speaker 2: You know, I got my own thing. I don't do any of that yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: How old is Hobe? He's closer than my age?
Speaker 2: Inn he?
Speaker 5: Or is he just one of those guys that seems young now he's younger?
Speaker 15: He is?
Speaker 2: How much younger?
Speaker 6: Side?
Speaker 2: Twelve years younger than you are? I think something like that. He's in his mid fil I think he's in his forties mid early in the mid forties, early forties. Maybe I got him it was like forty two for some reason.
Speaker 5: I think he's like forty yeah years.
Speaker 2: You tell me that ten year.
Speaker 5: I think he's in between us.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burger's Show.
Speaker 5: So coat Coo coo, coo coat.
Speaker 1: Get hold on the show. No but holy one eight eight eight six Big.
Speaker 3: Fox, rivas Kill, America. All ten lines are open, unscreen phone calls. This chat with you by now what's on your mind? We rolled through them rapid fire. They're unscreened. If you hear ringing hanging there, we'll answer, we'll chat, and then we'll move to the next caller. The number you just heard it eight eight eight six Big Vox. That's eight eight eight six two four for eight six nine. While you are calling, We've got chin Chin's got a new gift.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 3: Here in the box seats today and at are you gonna officially drop in the new gift for mister Chin?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys want to do that?
Speaker 2: Shall we do that?
Speaker 5: He's got a treasure chest?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: What a biggie man, what a biggie boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Ben, thank you boy.
Speaker 5: Okay, camera, catchy live on the air.
Speaker 2: Here is run your hand off?
Speaker 5: Why why are you using net?
Speaker 2: Use the net? Drop thin there? What's the odds of it hitting chin?
Speaker 5: What's the odds of it hitting chin? One percentage too much? I wish I wish Ill wanted him to live.
Speaker 2: Well, if you were that tall, we're talking about dollars fish all right here, I go, okay, my camera, I don't think yeah we got yeah, we can see. I think you're doing it right. I don't think you know. I know you worked at a pet store. He worked at the best store in the Harley stuff. If this could go poorly, if he could spill that water onto the board, we don't want to Is that too much? That's too much? It's out. I push it down. Yeah, yeah, you go, put you down into the rocks, right careful, worst, just stick your hand in there and let that I'm gonna let that go. Just stick your hand right, it's all crooked.
Speaker 5: Was it not a focus?
Speaker 4: There's not a focus.
Speaker 2: I think there's sitting with your eyes focus. Rick saying, we can't see it. Don't mess with me like that. I wish I could see you get it in there, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I can't focus.
Speaker 2: We don't know. We can't see it's your chain is weirded out as a stranger in the house in the corner hiding.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just saw Chin get disappointed. He looked to see if there was somebody else in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, there it is.
Speaker 5: Oh y'all, check out this. This this is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is kind of neat. What kind of Now you gotta liquor? Gin's looking at it.
Speaker 5: He's gonna use poop. Y'all look away, get a challenging.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to speak fish, but I don't think he likes you.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: Here's what he thinks of it. He lost the challenge to you, that challenge that you lost in that foul shot. Yep, there it is no no.
Speaker 5: See what speed he does. He goes, if I make this, you gotta you gotta get mister Chin and you got to lick him and then he misses, and then he goes, no, no this.
Speaker 2: I had two yeah shirt shirt and I made it.
Speaker 6: I made it.
Speaker 2: I had two balls and I made the second one.
Speaker 5: Uh, only you never said it like that though infinity chances don't. It doesn't count.
Speaker 2: Hold on, did the box I make it?
Speaker 5: Raise your hand if I may made every one of them?
Speaker 2: Says I made?
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well back in just a little.
Speaker 20: This is great.
Speaker 5: Hey, the treasure chest looks great. Thank you studio audience, it does.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: Hello, Ricker trying to un streamed phone calls. Go ahead there watching watching all right, go ahead in the wind, out in the wind.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I'm all.
Speaker 2: Scream phone calls, rick Burgers show, go ahead, Good morning guys.
Speaker 6: Hey, I want to question how good of friends are Hoby and Speedy?
Speaker 1: And when when.
Speaker 11: Speedy has never been to Hoby's house?
Speaker 2: Yeah, nowhere said had to box all the stuff. They're saying, we're just friends. We're not over there hanging out at the house. You were circling it like a stalker. Yeah, circling out the treasure chests. You think you think he'd come? Yes, she's thinking I didn't have enough room. Anyway, He's like, won't He says, like, nohing, Greg, you know what he's thinking this when now it's.
Speaker 1: Crowded in here, much more crowded.
Speaker 2: Put this going between them, y'all showing out. You know what he's thinking.
Speaker 4: Why Rick, take that stuff of the storage room and put it in here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need a bigger one.
Speaker 3: We could we continue Rick birders show unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 2: What's up guys?
Speaker 18: Anybody Mark from Jones College and hauling at Big Ben in the audience on Bobcats today, Bobcats.
Speaker 6: Did he tell you all he played a little ball too?
Speaker 2: You can tell me. I saw I'm sizing up seventy five.
Speaker 10: I don't think he can take you, though, he might out run you, but say you do it a little better, he may get you, may still get you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks man, of course he didn't win, you know anything? On the wheel, Hey, Rick Berg your show on string phone calls and go ahead, Hey, I.
Speaker 11: Know y'all got a fish and everything.
Speaker 18: When you're not gonna go ahead and get a hamster and get a couple of mites running in there for new pets.
Speaker 2: That I was uncomfortable, that I was uncomfortably excited about Rhode it. You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Hope you go do it.
Speaker 2: I ain't in the Hamsters. No, no, I don't want that.
Speaker 4: Rick Birders Show on scring phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, shy maybe okay.
Speaker 3: Good to hear from knup. Rick Birders Show on screen phone calls, go ahead, you.
Speaker 6: Know nothing about the fish. That's why Daddy I take a good care of me.
Speaker 5: Thank you, mister Tin.
Speaker 2: It's good to hear from mister Chin. That's that's kind of high pint China. If we had the boys, I think if I had a Chin cartoon, that guy is gonna get hired. We continue. Rick Birders Show on screen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 18: Hey, hey, guys, Hey, I got a question from Steadie when you went to the Dallas doorge gate and they was only say two tickets and and hope he wanted to go? Which one would you tick your son or hoping it's.
Speaker 2: Good boy having fun my son.
Speaker 11: I'm a friend in me.
Speaker 2: Like Greg saying if he's gonna work out or not, I won't answer. Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 25: I'm gonna tell you why Greg ain't got to go work out with nobody. Call tron is depending on fat Greg in his old heads. Mister me hockey with the neck that track by Fatty Acid minions everywhere.
Speaker 2: What a great Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls go ahead. Uh.
Speaker 8: You know how you have a sound effect for every time you mentioned somewhere you travel. I think we need to get your sound effect for every time you mentioned that you used to play ball, like a referee whistle or a scoreboard buzzer.
Speaker 3: And then we got something with another sound effect for every time Speedy mentions Toby, Yes, that's uh, thank you.
Speaker 2: Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 1: We have you my friend.
Speaker 4: Hello, Rick Birders Show, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, ray hair pray there road tied baby?
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you doctor.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 2: You have a good weekend, but weekend starting a little early.
Speaker 21: There.
Speaker 4: We continue, Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 11: Go I love my daddy yet, okay, getting all?
Speaker 2: I got a chance mister chance delivery he caught in Do you remember it? Do you remember?
Speaker 3: We continue? Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls, Go ahead. O.
Speaker 25: Hey, I told me yesterday I was the guy that watched uh Turner South when I found you guys and at the end, I noticed that Greg said he didn't watch Turner South.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do that? He said, you were just trying to be sharp.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Greg, I want trying to be sharp, buddy. I watched turn South.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I used to watch it every morning my kids getting ready to go. I love the guy defending that he really watched. He was just kid. Did I say that? Yeah, I apologize. Being main to you for you is so natural you don't even remember. No, I don't think that's actually a really good color. I remember. I believe I believed that you did not something else. Now I don't know what's work defending.
Speaker 8: I don't think that.
Speaker 2: It was a great call in hand. He was like, I didn't do none of that, I said. He said he was all turning out, just trying to be sharp. V possible. We'll be back more the more. The show still to go, believe it or not, until we run out of gas.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burger's show in the world that embraces mediocrity. They are thriving, the Wick Burgers Show.
Speaker 3: And having a blast as is the norm. Thank you for being with us, America as we kind of navigate to another day together and really another week today opportunity and if you follow me on.
Speaker 2: X you'll see it.
Speaker 3: I've given you the link, or you can just go find it wherever you get podcasts. Part of the promotion of Men Don't Run in the Rain, I'm getting the opportunity to be on a lot of shows, a lot of podcasts. The Self Brain Surgery podcast today with doctor Lee Warren. Did you know he's a neurosurgeon?
Speaker 25: Do you know?
Speaker 3: I mean straight up in real life, which probably explains why has he got time to do this, Greg. Everybody has time for a podcast, Buddy, so and so he busy man. We will be discussing the book with him and on his podcast. And it looks like that just was made available to you, So Self Brain Surgery Doctor Lee Warren.
Speaker 2: That one is out today.
Speaker 3: Also, we will be talking about coming up today with Hannity this afternoon on his radio ship.
Speaker 2: So look forward to that. Uh.
Speaker 3: And I'm not sure exactly what it's going to be on, UH, but we can we can assure you it will happen this afternoon during shann Hanni's radio show, we think between four thirty and five thirty Central Time. A couple of things. Have you seen this shark that surfaced in Rhode Island. And you know, you talk about it looks so much like Jaws, because you know they had the little the little.
Speaker 2: Town and h and the giant shark. Look look behind this boat. Oh I saw that.
Speaker 3: Look behind this boat. Those of you that are here, he can say twenty they think about twenty foot long. Yeah, this shark just rotating around right right out in front of the little town there, and uh, in Rhode Island.
Speaker 2: It does look like I've seen the Jaws. Yeah, it really really does. And this is really happening. This is not in a movie.
Speaker 4: It's really happening.
Speaker 5: It's a shock in the pond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's Would y'all get in the water and do like in scuba dive a gear and video stuff like do you see them? They like they Shark Week and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: No, No, now, you you know I've been saying this as long as I've been talking to the microphone. An animal may get me, but it's gonna be difficult. I'm not gonna make it these one hundred thousand dollars half an hour.
Speaker 2: How about. I got no desire to scuba dove, no at all. That was so I'll be honest, I don't even like now snorkling's too much work, he said, one hundred thousand dollars. You put on scuba gear thirty minutes. That means you're thirty. That means he's already trained. Yes, yes, and you're down there with you and you're gonna go down to film sharks, the big one like that shark. Yeah, how long? Thirty thirty minutes? Thirty minute? Show you that? I think about it, But it comes down. You have to touch his nose what not? You're getting greg when that thing takes you in its mouth and just starts shaking it away from what gets one hundred thousand to the bottom and hide.
Speaker 5: That was in the Great Salt Pond in Roared, Rhode Island, Man and they confirmed the sighting was seen by a diner named Jen Seabeck. She was eating it dead eyed dicks. And the name of the it's the name of the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Wow, I bet that's interesting.
Speaker 6: What he read.
Speaker 2: I don't know some reason he's in a lazy voice. He was disgusted with having like, I don't know that I would eat there. One hundred thousands. I'll think my friends call it Richard's right.
Speaker 5: So that was spotted off Block Island.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna go in at like we're one hundred percent sure is twenty feet.
Speaker 5: Front and back fish.
Speaker 2: There's ways to do that.
Speaker 5: You got front hand, back fin sticking out, that's crazy. So you got the top fin hand.
Speaker 11: On the tail.
Speaker 2: Fish looks bigger till you get it landed. How about you know those webs shark taking me out? That's that's that's these Great White I'd rather be at wrestling some animal. Yeah, the tracking Great White website up and they got a little beacons. You look around like, oh wow, I get one to go, gregorl just got her and swim with him. If you give enough money about the you agree with me, Predator. I like my chances on the land. I'd much rather be in the land. I can't be in the water. I can't I can't do crocs and I can't do sharks. I told you when I was watching I was prey or whatever it's called. And they tell their stories about getting the ones in the water. Horrory me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Greg, we're not water things. I mean, that's that's got a two for It.
Speaker 2: Was on the last week and that shark took him all the way to the bottom, and I was trying to figure out he's punching the nose and didn't do anything. So he he actually has an eye surgeon, so he knows our eyes work, that's anyway. So he started digging off in that eye and if I let him go, he had a lego zero legs, zero legs, lost them both from the knee down. Both. Yeah. Gone, wow, that's what happens. We talked about this before. If you had to lose at the nubs, arms and legs, you're going to arms so you can walk. No, No, I got to keep your hands and legs.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I'm going walking, shaking hands and typing and holding and drinking coffee.
Speaker 2: Big legs. Don't like the more wooden legs years ago, old peg leg They got some nice stuff.
Speaker 5: I'd go pirate style straight up past the guy.
Speaker 2: Get some of those blades.
Speaker 5: The cool factor though, those blades.
Speaker 2: I think I would be faster in the blades than I am.
Speaker 25: Now.
Speaker 5: For your ankle, was how bad your ankle?
Speaker 3: You know there was a time because my right foot so bad, I almost really just voluntarily went got a blade.
Speaker 2: Got a blade.
Speaker 4: I think I'd be better with the Blade.
Speaker 2: I passed a guy yesterday when I was at the Blade. People seem to do well, and this guy had where you fit and he wasn't even limping, I mean, just walk. They've come a long way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then there was that great guy who just you know, shocked the world and broke barriers off script Forstorious with this before.
Speaker 2: He killed his girlfriend. Yeah, that was. That was a bad pr run for the Blade people.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 2: That was excuse now he knows she's there. It ain't like you didn't know she was here. We go. Every one broke in the house, they were in the bathroom, everything. It might be her, especially when you look, she's not in their way and the door. Middle of the night, somebody's in the bathroom. Odds are the person that you live with somebody who's broke in. Yeah, that was didn't he get out there? I think that lat him out some kind of roar roid rage or something. Yeah, yeah, had an anger.
Speaker 5: Issue, Yes, yes, he knew horrible story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's shark number one. I lot my chances get gains an alligator better. Yeah, I think I'd rather find an alligator, don't kind of alligator, which kind of big old show enough good one, yeah, gator, crocodile, which different animals different.
Speaker 3: I don't like those big John alligators have their really large jaws and they're like eleven twelve feet long.
Speaker 2: All right, they're problematic, they are.
Speaker 5: I do feel like I could ride the alligator, though, you know, like wrap up his jaws and be like.
Speaker 1: Whoa somebody to hear me? Are good and shoot shoot.
Speaker 2: If you can get their mouth shut, you got the that's from Jurassic From Jurassic If you can't get their mouth shut, you got them.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: By the way, I remember that that big lady that was on the back of that I remember that big I win, I win. I had a bet you're gonna get to maamacass. And so she was quite the wrestler. Yes she was.
Speaker 3: I guess that an alligator says, I'm out, Yeah, I give up my mouth. Give me know what the alligator said. I didn't know they made humans just big. Yeah, she was on top of right, that was there.
Speaker 2: She got the job done. She did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd like to have her on my Tug of War team. Oh yeah, that'll be anchor. But so I still though, for some reason I feel like an alligator. I don't know wine, I could be wrong about this. They seem lazier than a shark. Well they might just guy is too much trouble. Yeah, sharks don't seem they're they're devoted. Yeah yeah, and they got that water working from of course I'll get her.
Speaker 2: Does to you that. I don't like that role. That something about the shark the water there in you can kind of see them. You get dilligating old dark water and you don't know what's coming up, like swamp. He's got you and it starts rolling. Let me you know what, don't do. Don't walk a dog by the pond in Florida. Many stories of that.
Speaker 5: I'm watching a video of a lady deal with that right now.
Speaker 2: I don't see that. The elderly lady. I don't do that. Watch it.
Speaker 5: It cuts away, what's wrong with your vision?
Speaker 2: It was and it got and she remember she was in the mind, why do you do this? It's so sad. And that situation, thanks handler, and that situation. You know, you can get another pet. Yeah, I chunked, but she didn't know the pet sped up and she didn't see it. Still didn't see it. So the pet made the decision. The pet was like, oh my goodness, what's that right? I don't have to outrun it, just outrun yet and that right ankle was was back and and.
Speaker 5: Why well we're just talking about animal attacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but we were doing things that were not real.
Speaker 5: If you had to survive, you know, ten minutes with mister chan or ten minutes with no beauty you.
Speaker 1: I'm going both deadly.
Speaker 2: I would much rather take care of chin versus No yet, Well you you ain't got one more segment. You got to lick that bitch.
Speaker 5: That's not We're not doing that, y'all.
Speaker 24: Just go with you.
Speaker 2: I made the shot, you need to make him do it.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not leaking at the tissue. Here's that lady getting attacked.
Speaker 2: By the gator again that.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. It's like eating lunch at the cool table, the Rick Burgis Show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us, America. We've had a great time hanging out with you today. So if you're wrapping up with us, it's a final hour. Thanks to our box seat guest today. They've been fantastic. Thank you for the wonderful gifts and delicious food and the fun that we've had together and thanks for supporting.
Speaker 12: What we do.
Speaker 3: It is going to be an active weekend as far as content is concerned. Episode four, Tell from the camp House will be available to you this weekend.
Speaker 2: It is part two of the Burgess Bass Battle.
Speaker 3: The actual fishing will take place, and yes, you'll finally get an answer to the question what was that that Gary did that terrified Speedy. Speedy was the victim of a Gary joke, and you'll see that. You also see who won the Burgess Bass Battle. All that on episode four coming up this weekend. Episode three of Strange Encounters, the new podcast that is being produced along with Blaze TV about spiritual warfare. Adler and I knocked that out yesterday. You'll have that this weekend. And if you'd like to go back and remember the highlights of the thirty one years of the Rick and Bubba Show, you get the best of Rick and Bubba and Radio Gold Greatest Hits on episode twenty of that coming out this weekend as well.
Speaker 2: So there's all the.
Speaker 3: Things that are going on. And then I'll be on with Hannity later on this afternoon. We're not sure the time. As soon as I know if you follow me on social media, I'll let you know. This was kind of a you know, I don't want to go all we're having such a good time. Do you want to do a little bit of a downer?
Speaker 2: No, I mean we're just talking about people being by alligators.
Speaker 3: Okay, it wasn't overly uplifting, but I just thought this Michelle Obama comment, Oh yeah, do you want to It's sad, It really is sad. And keep in mind this is the this, this world that these people are trying to create. I'm so glad that we, like I said yesterday, we decide whether we hire these people or not. When when you hear things like this, I want you to listen and remember this is supposed to be the party that's all about women, uplifting of women. You're going to hear something that is absurd from Michelle Obama about women.
Speaker 2: So I'll just I'll just let her speak first up.
Speaker 15: So here we go, cause so many men have no idea about what women go through. Right, we haven't been researched, we haven't been considered, and it's it affects the way a lot of male lawmakers, a lot of male politicians, a lot of male religious leaders think about the issue of choice as if it's just about the fetus, the baby, the But women's reproductive health is about our life. It's it's it's about this whole complicated reproductive system that does the least of what it does is produce life.
Speaker 2: Wow, the least of what it does is produce life.
Speaker 3: Does she know what the term reproductive means? And to reproduce? She just said, which, by the way, is insanity. That the one thing that's the least important thing about a reproductive system is the fact that it produces life. Well, I'd like to hear all the other things that outrank that. What in the world are you talking about going yesterday?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, well you flippers witch on that one.
Speaker 2: Goy. I don't know what this thing is. I don't know this podcast they do, And Adler has played clips from it before her, trying to portray like she's got some bad life. I don't Does she realize where they're broadcasting from and and and the life that she's had and has? Yeah, And she's trying to portray this thing like poor me, y'all don't understand me. And women and I love the thing that women have never been considered or what researched. Yeah, men have been trying to figure out out as long as we've been around. What's all we do is research you, yeah, and try to figure you out. A fact, we consider you all the time. You're running everything. What I mean, it's uh and what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Defeated to speed these points.
Speaker 2: So many of us build our lives around your happiness, which, by the way, we never achieve, right, Okay.
Speaker 5: And to be just point too, it's Barack and Michelle go back in time and evaluate their presidency as if they've faced any real scrutiny from the media at all. On like they they act as if they faced any kind of criticism, whereas they there's literal mainstream media reporters saying the biggest controversy of Obama's presidency was when he wore that khaki suit. Michelle acts like she was attacked daily by the mainstream media. She just wasn't. Now, if you look at how the Trump family is treated, it's a totally different story. The Trumps have a have a real complaint there. I don't think the Obama's do.
Speaker 2: My boys are still mad at Michelle Obama for what she did to lunch. It's cool. Yeah they're starving, Yeah.
Speaker 3: They were if she didn't you know, but do you but think about this is what we have to listen for. We're now taking words were We just had a person say that women have still not have never considered they're not research.
Speaker 2: Is that what she said? Research?
Speaker 3: There's no consideration for women. And and this this complicated reproductive system that God, we believe gave to the woman, the least important thing it does is this produced life.
Speaker 2: Again, I got to hear what outranks that. But what we just said was and this is where it gets real dangerous. And she won't call the baby the baby. She has to say fetus because somehow that gives her a pass to take its life. The real argument has been here from the very beginning. Is this a life or not? Science seems to say yes. Those of us have a biblical world view, it says yes. So the bigger question is, Michelle, and I hate to break this to you, is that if we participate in the act of producing life and it produces a life, do we have the right to terminate that life.
Speaker 3: That's the whole argument. And they keep trying to use different words that like there's some different discussion. And as I've said a thousand times, I don't have a problem with people making choices, but I do have a problem with people trying to keep people from taking informed choices. If I want to choose something, I want to know the ramifications of my choice, Okay. And that's the reason why you see so many women that were in this process and we try to pretend like we didn't have any information on where life begins. And here they are struggling with the decision they made because people withheld information from them. If they're going to make the choice, you need to go into the choice going I understand this completely, and this is what I'm deciding to do.
Speaker 2: Not Oh no, I didn't know I was taking a life. I wish I had been more informed about that. You know, like when you see a clinic that won't allow a young lady to consider, or any lady of any age that maybe has a pregnancy that they were not planning on, didn't expect, and then you forbid them to see a sonogram because you don't want them to have that information. Now it sounds like you're doing something different than providing an opportunity for a woman to make a choice because you're not giving them all the information about the choice.
Speaker 3: And these say stupid things like this. Oh well, Michelle Obama said, my reproductive system that making life thing. I don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 2: If that comes along, I'll just get rid of that because there's son more important things that my reproductive system does. I'd like to know what those are. And we got to stop considering the baby. We got to consider what No.
Speaker 3: I think that's pretty important, especially when I have to answer for it one day. Look, we can all be forgiven for it, you know, because, like I say, a lot of us made choices in our life that if we could go back and change them, we would, and that's the beauty of redemption. But you can be made whole and you can be forgiven. But we do need to know what we're getting into. And when you hear garbage like this, I just wonder are there people that.
Speaker 2: Listen to that?
Speaker 3: And good, hey, imagine I never thought of that. Sadly, I don't even know what she's saying. It's so convoluted, but we.
Speaker 5: Just because you know, I read the comments. Unfortunately, I read the comments, and we are not saying that say you're a female and you aren't able to have children. We are not saying that you are any less valuable at all.
Speaker 11: You are.
Speaker 5: As a person.
Speaker 2: Of course, we're talking about the science of the reproductive system and what she said. Yeah, she says that that system that was created, that that part of it is not important, but of course it is.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.