Speaker 1: Welcome in. Everybody throws MLB. This is leading off live. It is me, Joey p Joe Pi's appeal with me, of course is the Welsh, and it's all of you, the Peanuts and the Cracker tracks here on a Monday morning. Lots of baseball going on, some Joe Stradamas moments over the weekend to discuss. We've got prospecting with the Welsh. Today we are jam packed Welsh. Did you have a nice Mother's Day? We have very good to your mother. And did you also take care of your wife and everybody on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots of moms, lots of I'm exhausted, so it was great for everybody else. Servant Welsh is going to the side here and we are looking forward. We're spending I told my wife and everybody the Monday hits it's Father's month.
Speaker 3: It's now Father's month all.
Speaker 2: The way to Father's Day. We're celebrating all about the dash.
Speaker 1: I like that I could use a Father's Day. I'll settle for a week a month sounds great. Don't think I'm getting that. Let's talk about where we left off last weekend too, because when last we saw you, dun doundone. Rafaeld Devers was in his feelings quite a bit now. Over the weekend he met with management and the ownership and I think everybody had a little heart to heart which is kind of like, maybe you want to role play this. You want to play Raffield Devers and I'll play ownership. You want to have some fun, sure little improv remember yes and yes end. So here we go. Hey, Raffie, we're paying you three hundred million dollars. We know you're a professional. It takes a lot of pride in what you do. But we're paying you three hundred million dollars in this contract guaranteed you don't have an opt out. I know you see lots of guys getting paid now, maybe twice as much, just a couple of years after you assigned that deal, and that's frustrating. But RAFFI mmmm, we kind of need you to go grab your glove and play first base. Otherwise we're kind of in a pickle and it's gonna hurt our ability to win. And if you heard our ability to win, we might have to look for another place for you to play. What do you think, raf No, Okay, then that sounds good talk good talk fail. It seems like he's more open, though I don't know if he saw some of the comments after it's like, oh, we'll see maybe some stroking, you know, had to go on to the ego. I don't know, but was telling to me was the Trevor Story stuff too, and says did you see stories? Quote? Just out of curiosity after all.
Speaker 3: This, I didn't see stories. Quote.
Speaker 1: Now he said, quote, we'll talk about it. Obviously things are fresh and a little emotional right now, but yeah, we will do it, Trevor Story said. And like I said, we're all adults and we'll figure things out eventually, one way or another. It's about winning games and I think everyone can agree with that. Now. If you read between the lines there, that's tension. That means, hey, buddy, we're all trying to do our best year. What are you doing? But we'll monitor that as we go. Kyle Schwarber was good. It was my home run call of the weekend. He hit home runs thirteen and fourteen. The on base streak which was what forty four or forty five I think was snapped on Friday, But a great performance by Schwarber yesterday. Zach Wheeler also great. Performance by him eight strikeouts, seven innings. He was plus nine hundred yesterday more for the cy Young Welsh. I don't know if you want to take a guess on what that number might be after yesterday's performance.
Speaker 3: Let's what'd you say? Six?
Speaker 1: Let's fine, four to one? Nine hundred?
Speaker 2: Oh well, okay, give me the number, because then I will tell you something here about that. I'm gonna guess. Uh, okay, it was nine. I'm gonna go uh five to one.
Speaker 1: Nope. Seven. So it only went down a little bit, which means there's some incredible value on wheel or for cy Young right now.
Speaker 2: How about this though even better value on the Betting Pro show that we did last week where I came on and said that Zach Wheeler is eleven to one and still a really nice bet. So those odds have almost they're getting close to starting to cutting in half. But eleven to one when we did it last week, then nine, then seven, we're continuously going down. It's an open market because skeens who were gonna see today he hasn't been as skeenzy as we're used to. The strikeouts are not quite there's getting hit up a little bit. Fun fact I don't remember, and I don't know if this has ever happened, that Paul Skeens is plus money through the first five innings of a matchup. I don't think I've ever seen him be, you know, because obviously it's the Pirates, it's not him, but that is banking and backing the starting pitcher. David Peterson is on the mound for the Mets, and Paul Skeins is plus and the Pirates are plus plus one oh five for the first five I don't recall ever seeing that two Skens isn't as skeensy.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for for bets today because I got some feelings on that game. Uh, here's a question. Is Rokie Sazaki droppable Welsh? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Ten team?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think twelve team.
Speaker 2: I mean upside if you want to, if you're playing the upside game. But in a ten team, dude, you are much better served streaming those cool pitchers that are sitting around there, assuming you can stream decently. Then you are holding on to Suzaki. His fastball is still blah. His split finger is starting not to do what it needs to be doing. He's not getting the whiffs he's got walks. He's not a great serviceable option in ten, team, twelve and fifteen. You're probably trying to bench. I'm not sure I'm dropping him because of what's like available out there. But you know, the tough question. If he has, like, let's say one more bad one and Bubba eventually in some universe comes up, breaks through the multiverse portal in a ship and comes out's.
Speaker 1: Going to take it. At this point, well, who would you rather have?
Speaker 3: Would it be Bubba or Suzaki? And it might be bub It might be Bubbas.
Speaker 1: But it might I don't know. I gain it's early in the year. I'm hoping Suzaki, you know, can figure things out and the Dodgers need him to more on the Dodgers starting pictures Later in the show too, he got updates on Snail and Glass. Now, Michael wants to know why I don't wear the sacket of the sacket, the jacket like I do on Sundays. I said, suit jacket. I made it a sackbob socket. Yeah, well, we did have the full house opening, so it's not that far off. So the suit jacket is for TV on Sundays, yes, because it's mandatory, so I have to wear the jacket. I don't have to wear a jacket here. I can be nice and comfortable, and that's what I want to be, damn it. Sandy al Contra became Sunday al Contra again yesterday five and two thirds. Now. It wasn't great in terms of like the win loss because he did take an l again the White Sox, but better he had eight strikeouts, walk three guys, gave up seven hits. The problem was the three run homer to Tim Elko, which was his first major league hit, his first major league home run. Shout out to him. Now we know the era is still very high, but the eight strikeouts I think at least gave you a little bit of cozy feelings. Well, if you've hung on and say, okay, maybe there's something here where we can get back on track. I was encouraged. Wasn't perfect, but the by window is still very much open for Sandy.
Speaker 2: Yeah potential, yeah, potential, by opportunity. Really interesting thing is everybody knows Sandy was going to like rely heavy on his change up. He dropped that down to the fourth most used pitch in this start. He was fifteen percent on the change up, which I mean, I have to go through the logs, which I'm not going to do, but like that's got to be one of the lowest and god knows how long of usage there he was fastball. He went secondary on the curve, which really it's interesting with the strikeouts too, as far as like whiffs goes like every single whiff, because he had the eight strikeouts, every whiff induced a strikeout.
Speaker 3: So you know, he was setting up zone.
Speaker 2: Percentages were kind of weird a little bit, but he was getting to two strike counts, which is why he had a heavy one oh seven pitch count. But then he was able to drop that strikeout. It was done on the fastball, curveball. Zero whiffs on the change up, which is really interesting and only a fifteen percent usage. Something to watch that maybe he's pushing that back a tiny bit and that might catapult him moving forward because when he gets back to throwing that a lot, that's a huge strikeout inducing pitch and it's you know, it's really his best pitch outside of being able to throw like high nineties. So this maybe is like a semi positive sign that things are going to start turning around. He'll scrap this for a couple of weeks and then bam, it's going to come back with a fury but good results with a pretty obvious change he had in this last start.
Speaker 1: One of the most drop players last week was Bowden Francis, and he had arguably his best start of the year on Sunday, So let's talk about that for a second. Six and two thirds through run baseball did not factor into the decision, but if you look at the percentage of drops again, he was way at the top. He is now rostered in just sixty percent of leagues. Do you think if you need pitching that Baltin Francis might be a guy? Maybe you scoop up off the waiver wire and hope that he is riding the ship. Maybe this start is the turning of the corner or is this fool's gold?
Speaker 3: I think I think it's fools gold.
Speaker 2: His his overarching page of information is like crazy, worrisome five four ERA with a worse expected era. A twelve percent barrel rate given up is crazy, fifty percent hard hit rate given up against is also crazy, and almost ever at least his top two pitches used have expected batter and averages of forty points are higher against, so like that's what's probably leading to some of the expected stuff out there.
Speaker 3: I think he's a streamer.
Speaker 2: I think unless he rattles off like four at this point, which still I'm not sure you trust.
Speaker 3: I think you got to pick your matchups right with him.
Speaker 2: There might be some you know, pseudo signs of brilliance that hop themselves out. But seventeen percent k percentage, six percent walk, he gives up a lot of barreling bad expected ra I'm probably a pass.
Speaker 1: Okay, probably a pass there for the welsh On Francis. Now. I saw in the chat where was it ah, Mitch was asking what can we expect from Brandon Woodriff when he comes back? Well, let's talk about that, Mitch, because Brandon Woodruff should be back this week. He had one more rehab start over the weekend coming back from that shoulder issue. Struck out three, one run, just two and a third inning. So it was kind of weird. I guess it was like the tune up start or whatever. I don't know. I thought this was odd, but they said, no, this is what he was gonna do. Have an abbreviated start. This is the first I feel like we get this, usually the guy goes longer, not shorter, but thirty nine pitches in this start. They say this was the last tune up. They say he's going to make his debut later in this week. So I would assume after this tune up, maybe the first start is Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and we're looking at maybe seventy five pitches, probably short there. Tobias Myers sent back down too, because they're not too happy with him. So I do think, and we're going to talk about a prospect in that system too might get a look. But the Brewers are trying to shake the trees a little bit. Woodroof is that first domino to fall in this rotation, so Peralta Woodroff, after that, I think everything is kind of open for business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well, also Kintana kind of has it. But to your point, though, like it's crazy, the whole rotator. They have an entire rotation that's injured out here. Aaron Ashby and DL Hall have been pitching. Those guys are starting their rehab process. You've got two minor league pitchers that could uy for that spot. So if you do consider Peralta Woodroff and even Quintana there, you've got two open spots between like seven guys, so it could go really any direction. But on Woodroff what to expect. I'm probably gonna be a tiny bit hesitant in the first start, like if you're hugging Ratios, maybe you know, maybe don't start him out like they might only let him and want him to go into the seventy range and pull into the bullpen. So I'm going to be a little bit hesitant, but i want to pick him up. I don't know who the matchup is. I'm not looking at the schedule, but you know, if it's somebody it's like the Pirates, then I'm probably starting that matchup. But if it's something like, you know, anybody in the NL West except the Rockies, I.
Speaker 1: Have a Guardians to open the week, and then later in the week they have come on.
Speaker 2: I want to see more because Thursday or Friday is the likely start time.
Speaker 3: If he started on Sunday, all.
Speaker 1: Right, so they've got where are we here? Guardians open away Twinkies at home. I know you hate the Twinkies, but so Thursday they're off, Friday, Saturday Sunday they're at home against the Twins.
Speaker 2: So Friday is probably the likely scenario. I guess, yeah, you know what, I think the Twins.
Speaker 3: I might. I might.
Speaker 2: That's that's a half decent matchup. I probably might start them there.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Everybody's favorite or really nobody's favorite segment, Jost Damas. When last we left you, also, I was talking about how the Rockies needed to overhaul everything, that it was unacceptable. And guess what it was by the time we got back here on Monday. I guess they're of the show. Ownership was watching Bud Black, who was also the winningest manager in Rockies history, hasn't gotten to that team to five hundred records since twenty eighteen. That's a long time ago, Welsh. I wasn't even working at Fantasy Pros in twenty eighteen. Okay, that's how long ago twenty eighteen was. So unfortunately, Bud Black has gone, Mike Redman is going to take over, and then you're gonna have Clint Hurtle be the bench coach who's got managerial experience. Look, you are seven and thirty three. We talked about last week how they got destroyed twenty one to three in a doubleheader, and then on Saturday, I think that was the death knell because was it twenty to nothing in that game.
Speaker 3: I think it's the effort level one.
Speaker 1: Twenty one nothing against the Padres again and which Michael Kelly extremely happy, I'm sure, but it's just embarrassing. I know the Division is so far at leaps and bounds ahead of them. I get all that, But where the Rockies I think have gone wrong is thinking that they can somehow defend and pitch their way out of things. When the Rockies organization is good. They got Matt Holliday and Todd Hilton hitting home runs. They got Vinie Caristia Andres Gallaag and Larry Walker hitting home runs. Go get some guys hitting home runs. Just beat everybody to death, because nowadays, with the specialization in pitching, you might be able to find some weird and I know they tried it a couple of years ago with the openers and the three inning guys and all this stuff. At the end of the day, I think it's a bigger issue. But at least in the meantime, structurally, they need to overhaul this whole organization for the top down.
Speaker 2: Welsh and I don't know if they're going to I mean they should have at this point, like go get Charlie Blackman to be your manager. He was just playing with the team last year. He's some advisor with the organization.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I mean it was It's a weird conversation, Like you know we had talked about on the last episode. It was just like, well, you know, they could fire, they could not. They're a huge losing team. What do you get if you do either way, maybe you'll get a fire burnt under. But the organization development kind of stinks. The players that they're piecing together, I suppose it's getting better, you know, guys like Brenton Doyle. They haven't traded away Ryan McMahon. But I guess at the end of the day, it's never really seen like there's a clear path of what they're doing. It doesn't I don't look at that roster or the minor leagues, and I don't really understand.
Speaker 3: What they're doing.
Speaker 2: But Rockies clean house another in season manager at this point already can.
Speaker 3: Which is pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: A little bit surprised by it, but I suppose this is not the team to be surprised by.
Speaker 3: They don't even have double digit wins. When do you think they'll get the tenth win.
Speaker 2: Of the year, which if I say June first, I'll say June first, over under, that means three more wins, right if they seven and something.
Speaker 1: There's seven, they have seven wins. They'll get ten wins by June first, and that I think will happen.
Speaker 3: Michael September first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I I don't think it's out of pocket to believe that it's a over the June first. But baseball isn't quite like football where it's like, you know, the coach.
Speaker 3: Bounce, the dead cat bounce.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we're gonna play up for it. Like, I don't really think that's going to happen. You still have to put those same players out there, and.
Speaker 1: That's the Pirates exactly. Yeah. But that was the whole point is that, like I know, Bud Black is very expecting guy in the organization. I know he's been there for a long time, he's had some success, he's a good manager, and he's gone. He's gone, and it's not his fault necessarily, But when you see the effort level where you're getting when you're losing games twenty to nothing, that is that's what's unacceptable. It's just the bigger game plan, the bigger approach to the every day How are we preparing as a team every day to go out there and be competitive? You know, there's teams that have little talent that go out there and still compete, and the Rockies just aren't competing right now. So shake the trees and the off season we'll see if they get a better plan, but it's going to be far away. Also Joster damas news. According to Bob Nightingale of USA Today, the Mets are among the teams that have checked in with the White Sox availability of Louise Robert, who mysteriously also wasn't playing over the weekend because oh that needs a little sore coach. Hmmm. Kind of interesting, right, everyone's checking in all of a sudden. He's coming out of games just to be a little precautionary. So keep an eye on that one, because that would not shock me at all. I know. There's some questions, a lot of questions in the chat about Nick Kurtz. Let's talk about him. Over three came out for a pitch hitter in the nine. It's been tough. Is he droppable in shallow leagues. Yeah. Absolutely, it's very frustrating. I'm gonna take the l on this. I was super exciting, maybe more than anybody. I thought he'd come up here and at least show something. But while she's shown nothing so far.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, but he's still again, like I kee, we keep doing this bit where people are treating it like he hasn't got a hit yet, Like he's still hitting two seventy. He's a two sixty nine right now, hard hits over forty. He's just striking out like he's super inconsistent. Hey, surprise, this time last year he was playing college baseball.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: But he's got hits in two of the last three games. He's had multi hits in two of the last six games. Yeah, it's not great, but he is getting something. He's just not doing anything great with him. They're taking the pressure off, you know, you kind of chastise the idea of, like that first day, letting him sit and kind of chill and understand it.
Speaker 3: It's probably pretty overwhelming.
Speaker 2: But even in that overwhelming space forty percent hard hit rate, he's got a one thirteen max TV average ev is ninety three miles prour and the dude's hitting two sixty nine. So I don't think it's done. I don't think it's all over it. But thirty nine percent k percentage is just not going to work. So you just shouldn't start him. And if you're the ten team league, guess what you can drop like bye bye, Like it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: But twelve and fifteen, a month from now, I think we legitimately could be talking about, oh, he got some stuff figured out, Like I'm not guaranteeing that by any means, but he's a pretty talented hitter. He's hitting, by the way, two fifty or higher against all pitch types he's faced so far. He's just whiffing against breaking an off speed, but he's making contact, and it's in a little baby ballpark, and he's got to make some more contact in the zone, which he's not doing.
Speaker 3: It is possible. It's going to get there. These rookies take some time.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is nothing but doom and gloom on Nick Kurtz. But you know, we'll check back in a month and we'll see where it is. But if he's still hitting two seventy, I don't want to hear.
Speaker 3: Like what what's wrong with Nick Kerts. He's in two seventy you know, like, if he's still hitting the average in the Major League, let's give him some credit.
Speaker 1: Well, they're gonna be on the road against the dog the Giants, then their home against the Angels, and then the Philadelphia Phillies the rest of the month.
Speaker 3: So they're gonna be a rough stretch.
Speaker 1: It's a really rough stretcher. There's a good chance that he is not going to make it through that stretch and he'll be down by the moor all day. Again, I'm just putting that out there too. I'm the doom and gloom. Oh well, Tim Elko I mentioned before in the Rookie Lookie too. I want to mention him again. So he was our guy. I got beat out by a dollar for him in my home league. So mad, so mad because I need some first base help because uh, Nick Kurtz isn't hitting. So I thought maybe Elko I could start him this week. Nope, nope, no good. Rett Lauder also made another minor league start at single A, so keep an eye on that. Also, it's that time again everybody everyone's favorite segment. It's time for prospecting with the Welsh. That's right. It's when the Welsh talks about some of the guys playing in Triple A, maybe even Double A, some names that you need to know for your fantasy baseball rosters. And Welsh, one guy that we've been talking about a lot finally got the college, Jordan Lawler of your Arizona Diamondbacks. So I want to talk about him because they finally called him up. He's been undeniable so far in the minor leagues, hitting the snot out of the ball everywhere, hitting for power, playing different positions, and it seems like playing the different positions is what's going to get him in this d Backs lineup at some point, because there really isn't a whole lot of room in the infield for him the way that group has performed. So Welsh, I've heard about you know you're going to try to get him in the lineup a couple times a week, you know, give some guys some days off, move him around. That flexibility is great for fantasy in theory, but is it great in practice if he's not playing every single day happier at the big league level.
Speaker 3: I still think it can.
Speaker 2: It's not a couple times a week, they're talking at like at least four times. So if they're six games in a week, they're talking about four. This is kind of what I broke down, like whatever. It was a couple of weeks ago we talked about the only thing that's missing is that he's not playing any outfield, which is super annoying. But in the miners he's played third, short and second. Tory Lavellos said that when he comes up, he will play third, short and second and he'll give spells. They don't want to go like three like I think it's like if you have three back to backs, or if you have back to back to back, they want Ktel to start sitting. So you've got a second base spot he could DH as well, you're gonna give a day Entreprenomo a day or two off for Johannio.
Speaker 3: They'll use that DH spot.
Speaker 2: So to your point, if he only plays four of seven, maybe it's like a not as super great, but they feel that they're going to play him enough to not stunt his development, because I know people are kind of hung up on that, and I think that is important. Ironically, I saw someone go out about this that it's like he was crazy, crazy, crazy, and then in May he's only hit like two hundred. Then the Diamondbacks are like, bring him on up. Now he's only hitting two hundred. Now when he starts to struggle, but he's still coming off of a three thirty six minor league campaign six homers, thirteen stolen bases. Underlying profile is pretty good in Triple A average EV one ten, which is better than he's had at any Triple A or Major league. Start hitting the ball a little bit harder, getting the ball in the air more than ever, and he's going to get some time.
Speaker 3: I think it's worth speculation.
Speaker 2: But I'll always reiterate this to you if you can't stomach what Nick Kurtz is doing, Like, just be careful. Lawler at least has some major league experience, and he knows this team, and he has changed his profile already to kind of mirror more what he needs to do in the major league. So I think there's some better upside there. But he's not a big, mashing hitter and he's not going to hit at the top of the lineup, So this probably isn't like a ten team.
Speaker 3: People are like, is this a must have? No?
Speaker 2: Probably not, because he doesn't have an everyday job. There might be questions to the playing time, and he's not like some overabundant, big power hitter. I think he's going to hit for more contact, He's going to steal some bases aggressively, but it'll be lower in the lineup.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get an update on the guys from Boston, Roman Anthony Marcelo Mayer. We have the Romei Gonzalez injury after the Trystan Cassas injury. Still debate on when or if Rayfield Devers will switch over to first base, but if he does, that certainly opens up some DH role, maybe move some guys around, maybe call somebody up. So what have you heard the latest on these two prospects here for Boston, which we're still waiting for some sort of impact on the major league level for them.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the things that might have that It's funny because it's like Devers won't go play first, but there have been rumors that Trevor Story could go over to first, which would I think would be really interesting for his injury history, so you can keep him in the lineup, Or Christian Campbell could go over to first. Either one of those moves though, speak to Marcella Mayor, and Marcella Mayor's bat's been fine. He's hit some nice power. He's not hitting for average like Roman Anthony is. Roman Anthony is still the guy. He's still hitting over three hundred and tripa a five homers, three stolen bases as a four to twenty three OBP. And that's where the frustration comes, I think for most people, because you're like, listen, if Devers can go to first and you can get Anthony in as an outfield at DH, it seems like it might be the best thing for the team, But there still is no path for that because Craig Breslo and them do not seem at all interested in moving him to first base. They want to keep him in the outfield. So I'm starting to think maybe Mayor is going to be the one that's going to get and not our Mic Mayor, but Marcello would be the guy that might be in the lineup soon at the expense of a story or a Campbell moving to first.
Speaker 3: But we still got it.
Speaker 2: I see it should be Anthony looks like he's ready, shouldn't be down for much longer. But Marcella might be the guy up sooner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lots of things to sort out there in Boston. Still, obviously, let's talk about another guy. We keep waiting on Bubba Chandler. We thought was imminent, and then he wasn't, and then he didn't have the greatest start last time we saw him. So what's the latest on Bubba Chandler, the star starting pitching prospect for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Start eight one, Lug one nine. It is day seventy five of I don't know. I don't know when Bubba Chandler is going to come up.
Speaker 2: The last start wasn't great, but also wasn't like the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 3: Strikeouts are there walks.
Speaker 2: I think his start would line up to today, and the Pirates have made no indications, so I think clearly it would have to be the next one. I think if he has a really nice one, then the timeline is this next start. But like, we're just kicking the can down the road. So the only thing to talk about here is we continuously talk about when will he come up.
Speaker 3: It's all just best guesses. At this point. We don't know what they're doing developmentally.
Speaker 2: That last start probably did maybe halt things a tiny bit because he couldn't go deep in the game and he was walking again. But I think if he has a really good one here, it should open up, because now you're into that mid May, which the pirates really really like, and he has had way more good starts than bad ones.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's go a little further down on the farm for a second for a Mets farm hand who struck out thirteen guys, a career high at double A Jonah Tong, who also Jonah Tong, kind of turned some eyes in some heads over in spring training this year too, six and two thirds innings in his last start. He's got a forty four point seven percent strikeout rate. That's very high. I know that Mets don't need any immediate starting pitching help, but I think it's also one of those scenarios where if you're in dynasty leagues and you're looking at your team and you're trying to acquire more assets Tongue and a couple of these other guys, Spirot it seems like the Mets have a pretty good prospect grouping here of pitchers that are going to come to City Field sooner than later. So what's your take? On Tong. I know you're a big prospect guy. This is why we come to you, Welsh. What's his development possibly look like over the next year or.
Speaker 2: So, Shaker, we're talking about Mets prospects from Joey.
Speaker 1: Right, well, we're talking about a Mets prospect. You have thirteen strikeout performance. I think that's got a forty four p K raid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and he is interesting.
Speaker 2: They've got tid Well, They've got Sprot, they got Tong. Tongue is not an option for this year. I would I mean, you know, never say never, because he can get to Triple A and move up. But they've got to work through Sprot in tid Well, and maybe Tidwell is going to go in a trade or something. The thing that is really going for Tong is massive strikeouts. Fifty one strikeouts in twenty eight innings. Pitch so far, pretty absurd numbers. Walks are looking, you know, a little bit high, fourteen walks in twenty eight innings. But he's held batters to like an under one seventy batting average so far this year.
Speaker 3: He seems to be on his stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there is like injury or relief risk maybe six to one, one eighty, a little bit skinnier of a guy. But I think there's a handful of really really interesting, like double A ish pitchers that are out there in Dynasty, and I think Tong is one of those that you want to speculate on because that's out stuff with the fastball is huge with him.
Speaker 3: But there's a little.
Speaker 1: Let's speculate on Justin Crawford of the Phillies. Just we were getting closer and closer to thinking maybe Otto Kemp would get an opportunity. Unfortunately Alec Bohm started hitting again. So could Justin Crawford actually be the guy that gets there first?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is one I really wanted to hit.
Speaker 2: Here on my list is Crawford's son of Carl Crawford in Triple A has just been an absolute monster. He's near the top of hit leaders in all of Triple A. He's only twenty one years old, but the six to two outfielder. His offensive game is stepping up twenty percent K percentage, but he's upped his walk percentage to ten percent.
Speaker 3: Three to nineteen batting average at.
Speaker 2: Four his last four stops a high. I guess it was three high A double A and triple A.
Speaker 3: He's all hit over three hundred. Power.
Speaker 2: Projections are really really low on him. He doesn't have a homer this year, but he's got twelve stolen bases in thirty four games. He's hitting like crazy, which.
Speaker 3: Is really really important.
Speaker 2: And looking at that offense, Brandon marsh is hitting under two hundred. Kepler is okay. I guess he's hitting around two forty left he's in the lineup. That's Crawford. I think you could see Crawford in the very very near future because game changing speed you could have at the bottom of a lineup, maybe one of Marshall Kepler goes by the wayside. I just think there's room there Crawford to be a huge, huge, stolen based option, kind of in the likes of like a Chandler Simpson type of a player that I would look at because he's hitting for massive average and I think, I think the clock is ticking really really quick here, so stolen base chasing, look at Justin Crawford.
Speaker 1: Speaking of huge about sixty seven, Jacob Mizarowski last got we're going to talk about the Brewers rotation might need a little bit of shake up at some point. Brandon Woodriff is coming back, but Myers got sent down. Misroowski at Triple A this year forty two innings got a one four to nine ERA. That's as good as against the era is Solow. We can't even see it. Plus the whip is point nine to two. Right now, he's got eleven point five k per nine. The walk rate's still a little high three point eight, but better than it was to open the season. So could we be seeing this guy who is basically unhittable, I mean giving up just twenty one hits in forty two innings Miserowski, what do you think this timetable might be this year for him?
Speaker 2: Jeahn Kelly, I would say, get off of projections and go to stats so people can see the massive, massive numbers for Jacob Mizerowski, because that's the craziness of him. This year he's got a sub one and a half ERA one point four to nine and eleven and a half k per nine. But here's the most important walks. Last year across all levels five point five walks per nine. This year three point eight. We're getting close to cutting two walks off per nine. And when you go and look at his stuff he's lowered because that's always been his problem. Jacob Mizerowski has got big, powerful, exciting stuff, but guess what, he's a walk machine. And that spells and smells of relief for us that he would be a big time closer. Well, this year in TRIPAA, we're seeing is the fastball has ticked down a tiny bit ninety eight average last year ninety seven point two, So he's ticked it down a little bit for a little bit more command, scrapped the sinker. He's going heavy slider. He threw a three percent of the time last year, sixteen percent of the time this year ninety point nine. Last year averages ninety two point seven. So he's throwing a ninety almost ninety three mile an hour slider. The fastball at ninety seven, and then he's got this curve that he's throwing at eighty six and he's lowered that percentages. So it's heavy fastball slider having huge results. He's not walking guys as much. It's a beautiful thing. Miserowski has gone from looks like he's a closing option to you know what, he actually might be a starting pitcher. They're gonna give him that shot. And that shot might come soon because as we talked about, there's not a like they got a weird hole at the bottom of their rotation with two open spots. There's only so long you're gonna keep Miserowski in triple A. With those type of results, he should get a shot pretty soon. And I will tell you it is like a fantasy haven of skills that he has in strikeout potential, Like you gotta speculate, speculate on him if he comes up.
Speaker 3: You just got to watch the walk issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Logan Henderson also came up earlier this year, so we got to leapfrog him too, and he looked really good at the major league levels. So those are the prospects to watch. Prospecting with the Welsh is always here every single Monday on leading off join us on our Twitch Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros Live, and of course you can always subscribe to the YouTube channel as well, Fantasy Pros MLB. Let's get to the ups and downs from yesterday's games. Welsh up pretty Freeman four for four with a dinger, Ben Rice his first Granny Grand Slam for him against the Athletics Navy Valdi probably last couple of years the most underrated pitcher in Fantasy just undervalued, underppreciated seven shoutout innings for him. He was great against the Tigers on Sunday the Downs. Even though he was spotted a ten run lead, Brady Singer could not keep it. He got just seven outs to give up seven runs against the Ashos. Is crazy. The other side of that game was Lance mccullor's, which was not good. Luis Severino eight runs of his own and given up against the Yankees and they pavet a rare bad performance for him six runs. It was against the Rockies, though, so he's gonna, you know, take the air into account sometimes there once in a while, but whenever you're trying to make moves, make sure you're using my playbook. Manager Fantasy Baseball lineups and dominate your leagues with my playbook from Fantasy Pros. My playbook is the most powerful suite of tools that will may help you make better decisions, manage your lineups, and win your leagues. Import your team and get custom fantasy baseball news, rankings, and analysis. Sink your leagues today at fantasybros dot com. Slash MLB, my playbook or just download the Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app. Injury Front Clinton Kershaw four innings for him, the rehab starts. Still no word when he is going to be back, but Blake Snell remains shut down. Tyler Glass now being re evaluated today. It's the Snell one that's got me worried because now that we're saying we were supposed to have him throw again, now we're not. It's starting to feel like maybe a bigger issue could be on the horizon here where Snell might not be back, maybe just not for a long time, but might not be back period. I'm starting to get real itchy here.
Speaker 2: And he said, I think he tried to start throwing and he still or maybe it was right before he just felt discomfort.
Speaker 3: Still, it's not good.
Speaker 2: That's it's really really bad. It's slow paced. He's got some injury history, getting older. It's doesn't seem like it's healing. Obviously, they can slow roll the hell out of this because the team is just you know, they're a behemoth, and you know they're not quite like. This isn't like the NBA and like the Lakers, where you know you would sit every player. You know, it was a couple of years ago, just sit them all in the regular season and they come back at the end. But if there's a team that can do that, it's kind of the Dodgers. So I think it's it smells really bad for fantasy owners of Blake's.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm legitimately concerned that we might have little to none of Blake Snell.
Speaker 3: This year with us injury.
Speaker 1: Me too. He was my cy young bet this year, so one of them. So not loving that. Do you think we get Kershaw back this week? After this final rehab start?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: It should be the final one.
Speaker 2: My dear friend Clayton Kershaw. It actually brought him to Arizona because they wanted to avoid weather to not halt are stopping you of the rehab. This last one was in triple A. This was it, So he should be back this week. That would be the expectation that they're going to throw him back into rotation, which is solid. I will say this in that start out here, not the Triple A one, but like he gave up no hits in six innings, but he gave up some hard contact that these young guys, they got it to the warning track. Bigger Major leaguers and higher minor leaguers are going to do some damage with it.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure he's a must start or anything like that, or even a must pick up.
Speaker 1: But you can be watching as hockey potential. You gotta be an improven over when he's been giving you. Thank goodness for Tony Gonsolin. Those are words I never thought I would say.
Speaker 3: A monster. He's been a freaking monster.
Speaker 1: So he's been so good. Who would have thought. Spencer Strider good news could potentially be activated on Friday, so no rehab stuff or anything going on with him. That's that's finally good news. Jordan Alvarez expected to resume hitting off a tee today, so that's good. And Uri Perez five strikeouts, three scoreless innings on Sunday and the minor league rehabs start low a so let's see. It's the twelfth of May. I'm hoping early June we get Uri Perez back. That would be great for my fancy teams. While I'm keeping him and Welsh, I'm looking at the clock and it's time for the best bets of Monday right here with Joey p and the Welsh bets bets for me let's go Boston on the money line minus one Oa Jackson. Joe is on the mound for the Tigers and he has not been good this year. I think this Red Sox lineup can handle it. And look, Raffaeld Devers starting to get hot too again, yay tannor howck on the mount. I thin he can give him at least a quality start here and outlast job. So give me Boston on the money line on the road. Also in that game, because he's going against Joe, give me Raffield Devers to score a run plus one forty five. I like that number. And lastly, we kind of touched on the opening of the show. I just think the line is wrong right near just flat out wrong. So the Pittsburgh Pirates are going against the New York Mets today. It is on the road in New York. But at the same time, it's Paul Skins on the mound. And I know Skeens a struggle against the Cardinals, but it's still Paul Skeens. And I know the Mets lineup is really good, but it's still Paul Skeens. And you give me plus money plus one twenty on the money line, just for them to come away with a victory and a Skien start. I know the Pirates have their struggles. I get it. The Mets offense has been red hot, but I think we have to at least be smart enough to recognize when Paul Skeans is on the mound and an underdog at plus money, you take that opportunity every single time. So I'm not going crazy with any Skiens props. I'm just saying he can out duel Peterson, and the Mets offense has been hot, maybe they run into a little bit of a buzz saw today with arguably the best picture of the National League. So those are my bets for today. Welsh, what do you have?
Speaker 3: You might even like those strikeouts.
Speaker 2: I think it was six and a half plus money, you know, and yeah, they don't strike out a bunch, so it's a little dicey. He just hasn't, been, like I said earlier, quite as skeenish. I'm going to join you on the Boston side. I'm going to take that first five though. I agree Jackson. I mean tena Hack has definitely had his moments too, but Jackson job has not been super consistent. Offense for Boston has been picking it up, Devers, Bregman, I'm gonna play them.
Speaker 3: It's it's even.
Speaker 2: It's minus one fifteen on either side of this. So Carrie Carpenter, you know, going up against how there's some of the prop bets really love Cary Carpenter and Riley Green. Today, I see it, but I'm gonna go Boston first five money line. They're tied, we push, but if Boston is up and they get to job early, we're gonna cash. At minus one fifteen, I'm gonna go with the Padres first five run line. So that is just to be up by a run. Today it's a little bit more juice, but minus one thirty five. Padres offense has just been rude nucleus so far, and I believe it is the Angels in Kakuchi who Kuji's has some moments of getting lit.
Speaker 3: And then I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Justin Verlander under four and a half strikeouts going up against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Kotel will be back in the lineup today. He wasn't there. I don't believe Verlander has hit five strikeouts over his last two starts. Diamondbacks do not strike out a Ton Corbin Carroll sometimes sets the table for this if he has one of those bad Corbyn Carroll games. Over three three strikeouts by the top of the line is really tough. I think they're going to get to Verlander, so we're going to say Verlander under four and a half, so under five strikeouts at minus one fifteen.
Speaker 3: Those are my best bets of the day.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, and remember you can get the free Betting Pros trial of the premium tools right now when you download the app. Use that promo code leading off to unlock exclusive betting tools from BP, the prop bet cheat sheet, the Betting Pro Systems, the same game parlay builder, Sharp AI. It's all there for you. Use that promo code leading Off today and you can download it for free and you get the premium tools, not just the regular ones, which are already amazing, but the premium exquisite tools for seven free days. On top of that end, don't forget Fancybros dot Com slash leading off. New customers can place their first bet five dollars and if you win that bet, you get two hundred and fifteen pponents bets when you win over on fan duel with Fantasypros dot Com slash leading off. Let's see what the home run board looks like after the weekend. Ooh, Wonky and Welsh tied at fourteen malty up to eighteen, George at eighteen. Now I got two from Schwarber. I'm not sure how many I have right now. Maybe I feel like you're at eight.
Speaker 3: I think if you were at six before.
Speaker 1: So I'm getting very close to double digits here, very close. Sammy Sosa Jersey on the line here autograph from Pristine Auction dot com. If you want to get on the home run contest, there's plenty of time. There's still plenty of baseball left to play. Go to our discord fantasyfirs dot com slash chat. Welsh, you mentioned Kokuchi. I was doing a little digging, and it turns out there's a guy in that Padres lineup was prett good against Kokuchi in eight at bats. He's got two homers, four Ribby's and hitting three seventy five with a fifteen hundred OPS. And his name is Xander Bogarts. So give me Xander Bogarts. Be careful everybody the next couple of days too, calling your home runs. A lot of rain in the Northeast in some of these games, So just be very attentive to, uh, you know, your home run calls. So Welsh, I'm gonna go stick with Xander an odd one. How about you? Where are you going for your home run call today?
Speaker 2: On Monday, I was attempted to kind of stay with that Padres team. I think I had tat teams over the weekend. Machado was really interesting to me. I did move away from it, though, and I'm going to go with Corey Seeger.
Speaker 3: Corey Seger actually is.
Speaker 2: Coming off of a two homer game and they're going against Colorado and Chase Dolander. You guys know, I do like Chase Dolander. That fantasy relevance for this year is fading quickly away. And what is Dolander's main problem?
Speaker 3: Homers? Corey Seeger mashing.
Speaker 2: Mashing writies right now with an over three hundred batting average. So Corey Seger, We're gonna get him back on the board and get me further up that board. Four way from the top of me and Waukee. We're trying to get there. But I hate to say it, everybody, Joe's got a decent shot by June to get on that board.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm getting on board by Jane.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, by the way, don't I don't know if you saw this.
Speaker 2: Can you guys put up the last artwork that we had with the new picture? We saw a new picture from our photo shoot in whatever read you were just doing where we were doing the step Brothers.
Speaker 3: Are you guys there you go look at that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, the step Brothers? One? Yes, I do a.
Speaker 2: Better Did I do a better version where I'm looking a little bit off? We need to check into that.
Speaker 3: But look at look at that artwork.
Speaker 1: Look at it.
Speaker 3: It's prestigious.
Speaker 1: You look show, Yes, we both look prestigious. There, this is pretty good. I was wondering, you know, I was doing the read. I was like, why are people calling us step brothers? But now it makes sense.
Speaker 3: And I literally wasn't looking.
Speaker 2: And then I looked at the screen and I went and I just like outwardly had to do it because we've got new new artwork on the screen from our photo shoot. Gotta love it, though?
Speaker 1: All right, are you worried about the Corey seeger hamstring and all? Though? Tonight you got a backup plan just in case?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll probably go Manhatto.
Speaker 2: If I if he doesn't play, if the lineup goes and he's not in, I'm gonna drop a little machado and join you in the Padres.
Speaker 1: Go Padres. Let's go, all right, everybody that'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB