Speaker 1: Have either of you watched Age of Disclosure?
Speaker 2: What No, I've never even heard of it, So what is it?
Speaker 1: It is a documentary okay about how and you're gonna be like, come on, how since the nineteen forties the government has absolutely has alien spacecraft and the bodies. Come on, I see, dude, the entire documentary. I think it just won Southby or Sunday.
Speaker 3: Documentary the same way that there's like the documentaries about alien civilizations building the pyramid.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Who's making this documentary.
Speaker 1: Everybody that was interviewed with senators or congressmen or people that work for the CIA or the DA. And I'm not talking about like, oh I was a senator it was. It's like Marco Rubio and all people that are currently senators or national security advisors go watch the documentary. It just won like all of your favorite festivals. Writer, It's like the biggest documentary, one of the biggest documentaries in the world that was done by Oh I forget but Sue and I watched it.
Speaker 4: So X files is real.
Speaker 1: Well what there? So they've now had so starting in twenty twenty three, they've now had full congressional hearings on the Hill. Yeah, I remember about all of this stuff going on, and now it's one of the one of the few completely and totally bipartisan things going on. So they've released all the footage of the fact that apparently over the last especially five or ten years, all of these pilots from the Air Force, from the Navy have been following these these specific crafts that have technology that we can't possibly under stand. And so the government that the way that they came at it is by going, Okay, let's say it isn't aliens. Let's say it's something we have or something another chinment has. Yeah, whatever, it's still a serious national security threat that there's stuff flying over our air bases and we have to figure out what it is, which led to this thing called the legend. You have to watch this thing because I'm one of those people. I fully believe there are alien spieces out there. I don't know if we've been visited. And then I finished watching this, I'm like, oh, yeah, no, all this is all real. And everybody's saying within the next year or two, the president or somebody major, while not giving us told all the information, will come out and say yes, we have aliens based craft and yes we have been visited by another alien. They're like, we're within twelve months of somebody like literally taking the microphone the President of United States saying, yes, we have the technology, we have the crafts from other planets, we have been visited.
Speaker 3: Because none actually been said at this point, it's all just like there are government investigations looking into this exactly.
Speaker 1: Actually, So they've changed it, obviously, and one of the smartest things they did was rebranded it, which is what everybody does. So they're no longer UFOs, which everybody's like conjures, tinfoil hats and all the kind they're UAPs, which is unidentified aerial phenomenon. And there's again interviewing like Harry Reid and leaders of the Senate and like the House are of Services Committee going I can't tell you exactly the information I have, but let's just say I've actually seen the wreckage and the bodies, and these are people that are like massive people in the Senate and Congress. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Is it scary? Is a scary? Because like it.
Speaker 1: Depends on how you think about it. So one of the things they talk about, which apparently and here's the other thing. They're like, look, I know you might not believe this one camera, but it's if this aircraft, this craft, whatever it is, this unidentified flying object is excuse it's a UAP UAP exactly. Is caught by one radar system, then it's caught by ten radar systems. It's not like it was found on one thing. It's like we can track it by a satellite, we can track it by this. And so they're interviewing people going like, oh no, it went from and they're sitting there talking about this under oath in front of Congress, where they're like, oh no, I was sitting there in my aircraft. You know, I'm a Navy pilot. I have been for thirty five years. It hovered in front of us an entire squadron for fifteen minutes, and then shot up eighty thousand feet instantaneously. It's like he's like, there's nothing that we have that is anything like this. It's crazy. And so what they're talking about is it's actually the Defense Department and the defense contractors that are trying to stop everybody from finding out what it is, because they're not just crashing here, but they're crashing in China and they're crashing in Russia. So there's an arms race that we don't know about of collecting these spacecraft and reverse engineering their technology.
Speaker 4: I'm just getting used to AI.
Speaker 1: AI is going to have nothing, and they're saying, dude, watch this documentary. It was Sue and I were sitting there like, so, I'd heard about it, and because apparently one of the other things was the Fableman's was supposed to be Steven Spielberg's last big movie, and he watched this documentary and is coming out of retirement to do a film based on the guy the whole thing is about. So it's where we're sitting there watching. I was like, oh, I heard about this thing. It won all these awards that I think south By and it won like a Sundance Award like one, all this stuff. It's like, let's watch it. It's about aliens, and neither of us spoke for ninety minutes. We sat there with our jaws open, like this can't be real, This can't be real. And it's starting with again Senator Harry Reid and all the people that are the heads of Congress and the Senate going like, oh yeah, this is, Oh, this is real, this is all real.
Speaker 5: I sure, I believe it, but like, why is I don't know why it's such a I don't know why.
Speaker 2: It's such a bit just because it's never been said before, because it's like, okay, cool, it's.
Speaker 1: Never been well they're talking about so one of the things, this is one of the things they interestingly talk about in the documentary, is kind of like why not just tell everybody? Yeah, And one of the guys is like, are you kidding? I was getting stopped by people in the Pentagon. He goes high officials in the Pentagon that were telling me that just saying there were aliens out there was the equivalent saying there were that it's against Christianity and they were the looking for the devils and demons. He's like, these are top generals telling me. I was I was fine, I'm trying to find demons. He's like, there's people that wouldn't be able to handle the fact that we're not alone and there's other species around. I mean, it was you guys have to watch this thing.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 1: It's so it was one of the crazies we just finished. You were like, I'm going to bed. I don't want to. I don't want to talk anymore. I'm scared. I'm going to bed. It was crazy. Yeah, Interest Age of Disclosure. It is so worth the watch because youve for Tom DeLong, Yes, exactly, it's so true. Blink one eight two is right the entire time, Tom DeLong, just the one just one, blink one was right the entire time. Eighty two still just non believers. But this was one of those things. Do you ever watch a documentary where we're like, oh, okay, yeah, everything they just said makes sense that that was this documentary And I'm not one of those guys. I'm not yes aliens. It was like, Okay, I guess I'll watch this. It was insane. You guys have to watch what's age of Age of Disclosure? And it is just it was. It was also just a beautifully done documentary. It was very pretty to watch, but it was the all the technology, it's all there, and they really it's all the government is releasing all this stuff. So there's footage of these crafts and they're going straight from space through our atmosphere then right into the ocean without ever being like, without stopping, without having to change anything. They're they're just going it's nuts. It's nuts. I can't even describe it.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 5: Oh, we'll check it out. Maybe we'll do a recap. Maybe we'll do a recap of age of disclosure. If they'll let us get true true.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Welcome to vaud meets World. I'm Danielle Fischel.
Speaker 4: I'm right or strong, and I know that we're not alone.
Speaker 1: I'm wil Fordell.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow night, December thirteenth, live from Washington, d C. The WWE will be holding Saturday night's main event, John Cena's final match ever where. The evening's big match will see one of the company's all time icons facing the monster foreign heel known as Gunther, capping off a year long retirement tour from one of, if not the greatest wrestler of all time.
Speaker 1: I don't like to stop you, but you're teaching me about wrestling, so learning. Isn't this like the ninth last thing he's ever done? Fourteen times?
Speaker 5: No, actually he's never gone anywhere, he's never had a this is he has, though, had a one year retirement send off.
Speaker 1: So he was at the thing you brought me to.
Speaker 5: Yes, and it's and that kick started the this is my last year.
Speaker 2: Basically, he came.
Speaker 1: Back as a heel. He came back a baby face, a big hellmer with terms, here's the here's the King actor. Now be hold on.
Speaker 5: In in the year of the retirement send off, him.
Speaker 1: Being a heel hasn't really worked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's back to being a good guy because.
Speaker 1: Just no one would buy him, and.
Speaker 2: Now no one wanted it.
Speaker 5: Everyone was like, bro, we love you and and we want to love you. And so he's he's he's now back to you know, he's back to being a good guy. This is the guy who was known universally for having done the most Make a Wish visits in the history of Make a Wish Foundation. Is the bad guy all of a sudden, now you want us to buy you as a bad guy. You're too beloved. We love you too much. We're not going to turn on you. Even though it was a great heel turn for for the time that it lasted. But anyway it has been it's been one year of a sendoff. But Saturday is the final match and then just where won't be able to see him?
Speaker 2: It's in Washington, DC.
Speaker 1: Are you now what times you're flight.
Speaker 2: My flight is.
Speaker 5: I'm taking a red eye actually after no, no, god, no, I'm actually here's why I'm not going. I went last weekend. I went to Survivor Series in San Diego, much.
Speaker 1: Closer and that and John Cena was at that.
Speaker 2: One, and John Cena was there and I got to survive. He did not win, but he did survive.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, the chances of him losing his final match are probably pretty slim.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know what's going to happen. I actually think he will lose because if he if he takes the belt and then goes that's it, I'm done. No, I think I think it's like a ninety nine percent thing that he's going to lose his last match.
Speaker 2: It's going to be great, though.
Speaker 5: It's you know, he truly is, if not the greatest of all time, absolutely up there.
Speaker 1: In the conversation, definitely in.
Speaker 5: The conversation, arguably the greatest wrestler of all time, and and so to have this big send off has been has been really fun.
Speaker 2: For the last year, well.
Speaker 1: There's only been a few that have jumped out to where it did become. I don't know. Yeah, if you don't know anything about wrestling, you still know them, correct, So he's probably one of ten men or women in the whole history of wrestling where everybody knows them even if they've never watched wrestling.
Speaker 4: And I really again, Johnson and the Rock, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: It is funny to me that my kids knew of the Rock as, isn't that Dwayne Johnson because they knew.
Speaker 2: Him from Jumanji. They knew him as an exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: They knew him as an actor before they got into wrestling, and it was like, that just feels wrong.
Speaker 2: He's the Rock, but you know.
Speaker 4: Her the fantasy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Santa, you have to, you know, don't all the ways are real?
Speaker 1: At least he's really.
Speaker 4: They're asking, man, you cannot tell them, You've got to. It's an elf on a shelf for Dwayne john I hope.
Speaker 1: You've told all your kids right from the second you brought them to a wrestling match that it's fake and there's no fantasy involved. I hope you told them that right away, like Ryer would have. This is all unreal.
Speaker 5: Today we are talking to one of the emerging stars ready to take John Cena's spot. This Scottish born fan favorite turned his campy theme song, a Zoolander esque stare, an independent success into a fast pass through the WWE, debuting at last year's Royal Rumble and then squaring off against Randy Orton at WrestleMania, all before signing an official contract with the company. That is an unheard of accomplishment. It was an overnight success that took about ten years to achieve, and now he is a WWE superstar competing in their NXT brand, figuring out his new surroundings and getting ready for whatever comes next, even if it's a podcast with three former child stars of a show we are not sure he's ever even heard of, but either way, we have called his name and as a result, he is here. Welcome to pod Meets World. Joe Henry. Hello, Hello, Joe, thank you so much for joining us. I will have you know I live in a massive Joe Hendry household. This will be the only time my children are jealous of this podcast. They're way more excited than when I told him them Punky Brewster was coming on. So it's a lot of it's a lot of high praise. I have converted will and writer into wrestling believers will for sure.
Speaker 2: Writer is still writers getting into it. He's getting into a war.
Speaker 3: There's information, there's so many names, there's so many chants.
Speaker 4: I can't keep it all straight.
Speaker 2: I know there's a lot.
Speaker 4: I've been to a WrestleMania, so you know.
Speaker 2: Exactly which one? Did you go to Vegas? Vegas this past year?
Speaker 6: And you don't remember me?
Speaker 4: We were there the first day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, first Jay, we didn't make it to the second day.
Speaker 6: That's okay, I'll let you.
Speaker 1: Ryder also just said that hoping you weren't also there the first day because he doesn't remember anybody that was there.
Speaker 6: I think I would have remembered.
Speaker 4: No, I think I would have remembered.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, he was fighting until you threw him under the bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. He had gotten away with it and then.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is what we do.
Speaker 6: We've were moving on, moving on, and you just brought it back.
Speaker 5: So you grew up in Scotland. What was the wrestling scene like there? What were you exposed to as a kid?
Speaker 6: So you see, grew up in Scotland.
Speaker 7: I lived in Scotland until a couple of months ago.
Speaker 2: Your whole life was in Scotland.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been.
Speaker 7: I've been flying back and forth pretty much the entire time I moved over here in August. So in Scotland, I actually wasn't like a huge wrestling as a young kid because I just didn't have it. You needed to have like SkyTV or cable, and I didn't have either until I was a little bit older, and then I kind of saw I remember flicking through the channels and in the UK, yeah, I finally got Cartoon Network, and Cartoon Network at ten PM would switch channel. So I remember I was watching Cartoon Network for some reason. I was a play and then I was wrestling and I saw this guy Ric Flair, and that was my first memory of wrestling. But I didn't become like a super fan until I was about fourteen, I would say. And that's when I got into wrestling big time through the video games. It was playing the video games, and then I went from that into actually liking professional wrestling.
Speaker 1: I'm so curious, what were you watching on Cartoon Network?
Speaker 6: Oh man?
Speaker 7: And so many iconic shows I actually remember I used to watch. I was one of those kids that just used to watch the same thing over and over and over and over again, Like I remember I had no Cartoon Network.
Speaker 6: I had like.
Speaker 7: A you know, a South Park videotape that I watched the same three episodes before stool every day every day. But for Cartoon Network I had there was this sedis of shorts that they did that were it was. It was a series of pilots. So and this Cities on Cartoon Network had like the original pilot for Johnny Bravo. It actually had the original pilot for Family Guy. Believe it or not. There was a lot of big cartoons that got their star on Cartoon Network, so that was that was some of my favorites. I mean, Tom and Jenny's a classic, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Will does a lot of voiceover, So cartoon cartoons in my life, give.
Speaker 6: Me, give me some voiceovers.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez. Well, I was Batman for a long time, so Batman was down.
Speaker 7: Here, Terry, which Siesman beyond Batman of the Future.
Speaker 6: Wow, favorites? Sorry, but I ask you a question. No, I love it.
Speaker 1: So I was Batman for I was Batman of the Future for for a very long time, and then I was on a show called Campossible for a long time. I'm Lionel on ThunderCats and I've been a huge cartoon guy for most of my life.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it so much.
Speaker 6: That's so cool.
Speaker 5: The show you're talking about, Joe was called What a Cartoon? That was the end of that series.
Speaker 6: What a Cartoon?
Speaker 1: Yes, awesome?
Speaker 2: So slightly related. Did you get Boy Meets World in Scotland? Have you ever seen Boy Meets World?
Speaker 6: So? I hate I hate to say I've never actually seen it. I want to be educated. Boy Meets World.
Speaker 1: It's okay, you're you all in the title meets the World.
Speaker 4: That's all you need.
Speaker 2: So funny.
Speaker 5: Okay, you are kind of an uncommon mashup that you were also a singer. You were in a band. Are you still in a band called Lost in Audio?
Speaker 6: Oh? That's you've done your research there, you plun with your research, impress.
Speaker 7: And so that was I was doing music from the age of I've a very interesting life. I started doing live music because it's like all these things I did just somehow. It was all the tools I needed to become successful in wrestling. So I started doing judo when I was six years old, and then I started doing like a Saturday acting class when I was like ten or something like that. And I remember an audition came up and I was going to go and do the audition and they were like, oh yeah, so what musical act do you do? And I was like, and then I called up my cousin. I was like, let's start a band. So I put a band together for to do this audition that was originally for an acting thing that turned out to be a music thing, and so we just decided to run with it. So I was like, I was living this double life where I was going to be fifteen sixteen years old, not cool in school at all. I was like the most uncool person in school because I moved school and I didn't really have any close friends there. But at night I was like playing in like broad clubs till one two.
Speaker 6: In the morning. Wow.
Speaker 7: This band when I was sixteen years old, you know, so that was a fun expiece. And and so I've been performing live since I was probably, I mean, I guess if you include acting and stage shows and stuff, probably, I mean like eight.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wait, were you were you a musician before you decided to start a band? I mean, did you could you play an instrument? Or did you just call your cousin and go, hey, let's pick up some instruments and start a band.
Speaker 2: He's a singer, the last, ter last, God's great.
Speaker 5: I would like to go on record and say that you are the best pro wrestling lead singer of a band.
Speaker 2: I just want everyone to know that.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's really just I guess saying you're better than Chris Jericho.
Speaker 2: But that's I'm still gonna say it.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you he has got he has got some bangers. If you look off that Folsey, they've got they do have some amazing tracks.
Speaker 2: Okay, but still I stand by your the greatest to do it.
Speaker 6: I appreciate your opinion, but you know, to me, the man's.
Speaker 1: Alleged appreciate what kind of music was it?
Speaker 7: So it was just kind of like just guitar band, you know, just kind of It was around the time of it was like two thousand and three, two thousand and four, when like indie music was just taken over in the UK, so you'd get a lot of bands like for example, Kings of Leon were huge in the UK, big in the US, so their first couple of albums were big over here. I mean I was back then.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying my band is like this because I always find, you know, if you have like I'm trying to give an example, but I think that people always listen to the more extreme versions of their own music, if you know what I mean. So, so for example, Blink one eight two would probably listen to some really.
Speaker 6: Obscure punk bands, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I like so for me, like I was more sort of pop rock, but I was listening to like, you know, Queens of the Stone Age and nine inch Nails and stuff like that. But in the UK it was around the time where indy was just taken over, so so many big albums came out, like The Killers came out around that time, The Strokes, you had, Kings of Leon, you had, you know, Transferred, and and b Lockburry. There were so many bands in that indie scene. And even though I was always kind of like the opening band, I got to play with some pretty big bands when I was sixteen seventeen.
Speaker 6: I just you know, it was an awesome experience. Wow.
Speaker 5: You also graduated with a degree in marketing while competing and winning national championships and earning your black belt in judo? Is there anything you are bad at?
Speaker 6: There's lots of things I'm bad at it, You'll never see it. And that's what it's about.
Speaker 7: It's about showcasing your strengths and how did your weaknesses. It's really to me, it's about what I would often do is that would see a task that had grandeur that I felt was achievable. So I'll give you an example, Like the reason that shows a business degree is because I was like, I know, I'm kind of half checked out and I'm doing this music thing and I'm interested in other things. What is the right spot for a degree where I can get something that is respected but it's not going to take up all that time. So for example, being I was interested in law, but being a lawyer is like totally intensive.
Speaker 6: So I was like, well, like every business is a business. Same with amateur wrestling.
Speaker 7: I looked at the field of competition for the heavier weight classes and I thought, matter of fact, put on a little bit of weight. There's really only like five decent, you know, heavyweight wrestlers in the United Kingdom that I would need to worry about, So you know, I'm going to go into that weight class. So I would often look at different things that I could achieve and what would be the most efficient path to victory, and I would.
Speaker 6: Go all in on it no matter what.
Speaker 7: And if I didn't think it was doable, I wouldn't give it one iota of energy.
Speaker 5: So smart, You definitely use your marketing degree a lot in wrestling.
Speaker 2: That is very obvious.
Speaker 5: Can you explain the character of Joe hen and our prep We use the term earnest and kind of cheesy, but he's winking and also he's very cool. It's like a it's a that's kind of the combo. How would you describe it?
Speaker 7: So I would say that my what got me over with the fans is that my character like is a terrible, terrible person but is celebrating.
Speaker 6: So I'm the guy.
Speaker 7: Have you ever been to like a house party and everyone's going, let's just say, you know.
Speaker 6: Pick a random named Dave, right, so they go right, or well we'll go for like, you know, have you met him? He's he's the best guy ever, He's the greatest guy ever.
Speaker 7: And everyone at the party is telling you how great this guy is and you meet him and he's a complete but no one else can see.
Speaker 6: It, just that one person.
Speaker 7: I am that guy, So I will literally if I'm feuding with the wrestler, I will terrorize their life.
Speaker 6: And everyone's going Joe Andrew's great, He's a super nice guy. And they're like, why can't you see it? And it's like, hey, I'm a nice guy, but behind the smile, you know, that's that's kind of how we approached it.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 5: Where did the theme song and the idea for the entrance come from?
Speaker 7: So I actually reverse engineered it because I thought to myself, actually, you know what, I'll two parts I'll tell you about. So the first is the thought process behind the lyrics. I was like, how can the wrestlance all about audience interaction? And I was like, how can the audience interact with me from their seats? And I was like, they can clap their hands and they can wave their hands. So I had portions of the song. There is a certain bpm which Queen talk about this a lot, that are certain bpms that just get people to act a certain way. One hundred and twenty bpms is exactly two beats per second, and there's something about that bpm that just makes people kind of do this. When it is the slower bpm which they were talking about when they put together, we will rock you. It's very similar to the DPM of the stock stock and that was kind of more appropriate for the wave your hands. So I was like, I'm going to and also you have to tell the audience what to do. So I showed them the handclapping and I said, the song says literally, wave your hands. So it was about getting audience interaction.
Speaker 6: And reverse engineering. Where the song actually came from was probably about I would say, what this is crazy?
Speaker 7: So I first recorded it in twenty nineteen and it was at least ten years earlier when I came up with a melody when we were on the road with the band and we were talking about how unsuccessful we were and how frustrated it was, and how we were like, you know, what, to hell with this? We should just do what pit Bill does. We should just name cities in places, and I started.
Speaker 8: Going, love, way in the world would you like to go? That was like this little thing I came up with. And then ten years later I just could get out of.
Speaker 6: My head and I was like, no, no, that can't be it. No, that was just some dumbs it that's going to be the one.
Speaker 4: That's going to be the one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, man, it's so great. I will tell you it's so catchy that when we were I took my kids to Survivor Series a couple of weekends ago, and we passed a hotel called the Pendry, and the minute I saw it, I sang to my kids, believe in Joe Pendry, and my they lost it. And then anytime we passed the Pendry Hotel, we would sing your song. And it's just it's an earworm. It really sticks. It's it's pretty incredible. Can we show the guys your Can we show them a little bit of your your entrance?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's play. Can we play it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, good? Here it is.
Speaker 9: Name man he peers believe in Joe Hendry. I believe in Joe Hendre, the Lone London and Paris and Tokyo, America, Scotland and Canada and Mexico. This say, I believe in Joe here. I believe in Joe. Here's brilliant, this is awesome, this is great way our hands.
Speaker 6: Spoke site sciencing.
Speaker 1: But I believe in Joe Hendre of the joke.
Speaker 9: Hendred, some stigees way that spot side the science.
Speaker 4: But why believe in Jo Entry and Joe here and stages. Oh my god, do you know what it reminds me of?
Speaker 3: Do you remember when David Hasselhoff had his music career and it was in Germany and they the radios got released here and there was basically that, but like totally for real this it's so funny.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you can't you can't go wrong. That's a good influence. Take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really good. I have a strange question, Joe, but after talking to you for a little while, do you play chess?
Speaker 6: So? Have I played it? Can I play? Yes? And am I any good at it? Apparently not?
Speaker 7: Because it actually hurts me to play chess because eagle wise, I like to think I'm a pretty smart guy, right, I get beat more.
Speaker 6: Than I would.
Speaker 1: Just seem like a person that thinks several steps ahead, which is why so it seems like something that would your mind would lend itself to chess, because you're like the way you said how you created the song where you have to reverse engineer the song and you get the catchy hook. But I want to do this and I want to and it the beats per minute. It just seems like you are thinking several steps ahead.
Speaker 6: Career wise, Yeah, you're very You're very correct. Unfortunately, I'm just that's one of those things I'm looking.
Speaker 7: At that like the time investment to get good at chess, the level of level of competition.
Speaker 6: It's not the one I can't I can't do it. I can't do it. I do get too.
Speaker 7: Competitive everything, Like I'm banned from playing Monopoly with my family.
Speaker 6: Can we just can't go there. We just can't go there. We can't go there.
Speaker 1: When you do play Monopoly with your family, did you play box rules or do you have family rules where you make where it's like all the money goes in the middle of the pile and if you get or is it straight up you are just by the top of the box.
Speaker 6: MA viewpoint, is the law is the law?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 7: Will I will allow some money collection of free parking. But that's as far as I'm going. Although it's it's all negotiations fly for me monopoly, all negotiations fly. O.
Speaker 6: Great.
Speaker 5: So going back to how you ended up in the WWE your high at TNA, which is the top three promotions here in the States, When did you know your persona was like catching on?
Speaker 7: I think it happens in different levels, like for me, the thing that I love to do is to make great stuff. So people like people talk about making it in professional wrestling. Oh thank you know, thank God that I thought through all the struggle and all the hard times.
Speaker 6: And don't get me wrong, it was hard. It was so hard.
Speaker 7: There were times where it just success felt like at that level, felt like it would be impossible. There were times where you know, I was broke there, but I just always believed in what I was doing and I was fortunate in that I've been making these silly videos since twenty thirteen, so I've always had positive fan feedback for you know, having something unique in wrestling.
Speaker 6: So I've all even though.
Speaker 7: Like I mean to be honest with you, there was a I would say a five year period where I made, you know, not a whole lot of money, but to get by, and I was pretty happy, you know, Like I got to the point where I was like, actually, you know what. I remember that I wrestled a wrestler called Scottie too Houghty. I was in Newcastle, England, and there was like two three hundred people there and I made a video I did like.
Speaker 6: A parody of a bon Jovi song.
Speaker 7: To make fun of them, because I sometimes make videos to make fun of my opponents.
Speaker 6: And the crowd went nuts. There was two hundred people. There was a great time, and I thought, if this is.
Speaker 7: As big as it gets this, then this is still pretty damn cool, and I'm going to be the absolute best I could be.
Speaker 6: I'm going to make great stuff. And when I had that mentality ship, that's when doors just started to open, left, right and center. So that was like before TNA, but then I get TNA.
Speaker 7: I had a great time there, and when it really got to the next level of popularity. I think it's when my song was released as a single, because you know, I kind of looked at the charts and I was like, no way, it's number twenty in the iTunes charts, and I was like, oh, number twelve. Now, okay, it's number six. Okay, it's number one on the iTunes chart, and I was like, what is going on? And then actually made it to the UK's Big Top forty chart and made it to number six in the UKHR, so I was like, okay, this is pretty well. So I got a ton of press for that, and then you know, I made some other parody, so just blowing up, and then I think when it just went nuclear was when I appeared in NXT for the first time. So to give you some context, this is how crazy this is. I showed up in NXT and just the clip of my entrance became the most viewed video on x for WWE that year out of anything. And I wasn't outsigned to the company at that point, so we're talking like, you know, it's it was in the region of like twenty million views type thing for me making my entrance in NXT. So I think at that point, everybody started to get pretty excited, and then you know, you start to think of these dream possibilities, like oh what if I was it Royal Rumble. And I remember getting a call for WrestleMania, and I thought it was going to be you know, I saw the number, and I thought it was going to be, you know, come along and do something type thing or not necessarily WrestleMania. But I remember hearing you know, well as you know, when he's an opponent for Randy at WrestleMania, and I was like, what, so I got Yeah, I got to do WrestleMania when I wasn't even signed to WWE.
Speaker 6: So and like this was so that that was a crazy year. It still is.
Speaker 7: Crazy, and I'm grateful for the fact that what I found is my entire life. The adventure keeps going. For a lot of people, the adventure stops at the end of high school or university or whatever. But for me, the adventure keeps going. And I'm super grateful to be.
Speaker 6: In ww I.
Speaker 7: You know, It's been something I talked about and visualized and wanted to do for so long, and to be here now is such an honor and a privilege. To be here in this company and to learn from the best, you know, That's the reason I'm ww is to be the best wrestler I can be. So I'm super excited for the opportunity. But yeah, I'm also very grateful for the fact that my adventure continues. And what I need to do to make sure that I'm honoring everybody who's helped me get to this position is I need to deliver. I need to prove everyone that's had my back and need to prove them all right, you know, That's what I'm trying to do by given absolute best efforts.
Speaker 1: That's so we actually have had the honor of interviewing a few wrestlers, and I'm always so curious and we've asked, We've gotten a couple answers, But it seems like the schedule is so rigorous and everything that you're doing is so physical. How do you keep your body in the shape it needs to be to continue what you're doing? Because I know everybody you're always wrestling through injuries and you're hurt, So what do you have to do to just keep going?
Speaker 7: I mean, touch wood, But I've been super fortunate with that side of things, Like I've never had an injury that's taken me off TV or anything like that. I've been super and I'm super grateful and fortunate for that being the case. I do like to you know, we all do the absolute best that we can to keep each other safe, and we have amazing staff on hand as well. Like so for example, that this is something where the Performance Center has been incredibly valuable to me because when I went there, it's like they do these tests and they go, Okay, here's your blood work, here's foods that you're intolerant to. Here is vitamins that you might be deficient in, and things like that, so you know they can actually like for example, I needed to have more magnesium and you know in my supplements, and I found that before I went there, I was kind of getting tired at like six pm. But after I started, you know, really investigating what nutrients I needed to supplement, start to add more energy. And you know when I the other day at the performance center, when I was training legs really hard, you can go through to the there's a little medical room where they have like these recovery sleeves that you can put on your legs and it like compresses the air and it helps you recover much faster. So has a huge focus on athlete nutrition and recovery. That is I'm finding the rate of my learning and the tools that have access to is outweighing, you know, the decay of age, I guess, because I.
Speaker 6: Mean I feel better now than I did. A couple of you know, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 5: Who gave you the best advice when you were out there in Vegas getting ready for your WrestleMania debut, John Cia?
Speaker 2: Really, what advice did you give you?
Speaker 7: He is the master of timing and he taught me. It's one of these things like you'll sometimes get a piece of advice that you you'll get a piece of advice that you maybe don't fully understand at the time, but then maybe a year later it will click. But basically it was a piece of advice for like and I would say that him and Triple H said the same thing to me. I was kind of asking them about how I should approach my entrance in the rumble, because you know, there's an urgency to get to the ring, but there's also you know, you want.
Speaker 6: To show the people who you are.
Speaker 7: And both John Cena and Triple H were kind of emphasizing the point of have your moment and when the crowd is at their peak and it starts to come down, then maybe, you know, the urgency kicks in and you make your way to the ring and that approach. You know, it kind of works that way for many things in wrestling. So I got a little bit of an insight into, you know, speaking to two masters of timing in our business.
Speaker 5: I know there was some chatter at the time about whether Randy Orton beating you the way he did was a net positive for Joe Hendry as a new character in the WWE universe. Considering your opinion is the one that matters most. What is your overall take on it?
Speaker 7: I mean to me, it's look, some people might be offended by this, but anybody that says that was a net negative for me just doesn't know what they're talking about. They just don't know what they're talking about. I think the viewpoint that this is the wrestling business. And all I can tell you is that I felt that the fans got a great moment. I felt that that it was it was great for Randy because it was difficult. They put so much build into the feud with.
Speaker 6: Him and Kevin.
Speaker 7: You know, what do you do if Kevin's not at WrestleMania. So we were able to make the best of a difficult situation by putting me in there. And like I say, it was a great shock moment for WrestleMania. And I know what my value is and where it's at. And I'm very good about having an understanding of where that is. And I can tell you that because at the time I was doing a bunch of signings, and I can tell you that demand for my autographs and pictures and signatures skyrocket after WrestleMania.
Speaker 6: So I'm in the wrestler business and that was great. For business.
Speaker 2: Great man.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: So I've always been curious about this. Take yourself out of the picture, not you, You can't be one of your matches. What's the best wrestling match you've ever seen in your life?
Speaker 7: The one that I use when people ask me this question is Shawn Michaels versus Ric Flair. And the reason is because I think as a fan, we all and this was it was Ric Flair's career was on the line, and Ric Flair is like my second favorite wrestler at all time. And if the story was that if he lost their next match, he lost he would be forced to retire.
Speaker 6: So it's him and Shaw Michael's at WrestleMania at twenty four. And look, we all know in our head that Rick Flair's career is about to be over, but in our hearts we wanted to keep going.
Speaker 7: So I remember getting home from school, sitting on the chair watching it on the computer, and I started heat on the chair, but then I was just moving forward on the chair and I was literally on the edge of my seat and I just got completely lost in the moment. And that was the match that made me feel the most. That moment where Sean is about to superkick him and end his careerity. He doesn't want to do it, but he has to do it, And that to me was you know, that was cinema, So I would say that's that's the match that I think has had the biggest impact on me.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was a great match. Even I know that match, I know I didn't see Sean Michael sitting there ready to kick him, like shaking his head, crying like he doesn't want to do it. It was an amazing moment. It was amazing theatrical moment, It really was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And that's the thing, like not we can't always remember a lot of the moves, but we can remember the moments, right, and that match was full of moments, and those moments translate to non wrestling bands as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of people go to NXT to get over, which for writer and Will is a term for getting more popular with the fans through experience and becoming one with your character. But there is no doubt that you are are already way over with the fans. So is WWE looking to tweak your character at all?
Speaker 6: I think that.
Speaker 7: From my experience, I can tell you that WWS welcome me with open arms, and it's a collaborative environment because I think what we're looking for is to make things the absolute best that they can be.
Speaker 6: And so we know that I've managed to get to a certain point.
Speaker 7: With the tools that I've had, but now I have in the same way that the performance center gives me physical tools and now have creative tools that I didn't have before. Now with the production value of WW, that are that are maybe other bells and whistles that we can add to the music side of things. That are things that I'm going to learn from. You know, ww's method of how they produced professional wrestling, Like I just took part in the Iron Survivor match an XT deadline, which is basically you have it's a twenty five minute match. Every five minutes someone who comes out and every time someone is pinned, there's ninety seconds in the penalty box, which creates chaos and complexities and storylines overlapping and it's it's putting me in new situations that I've never been in before, and it really helps me to understand ww's approach to producing wrestling, which I.
Speaker 6: Understand from what I understand is they are making movies and that's and so when we were approaching this match. That's how it felt to me. It wasn't just like you know, a regular match. It felt like we.
Speaker 7: Were making all making a movie together. And I've enjoyed learning that process. That's my understanding.
Speaker 5: And Max, well, you've joined in the company right at one of its biggest milestone moments. John Cena's final match taking place tomorrow night in Washington, d C. For Saturday Night's main event. What has John Cena meant to you over the years.
Speaker 7: I think that there are so many answers that I could give to this, but I'd like to give the one that is sticking out in my mind right now, and that is that he is just the utmost professional.
Speaker 6: He is. He is so professional.
Speaker 7: He is just the example of someone who does the job to their best, the best of their ability, and goes above and beyond. And it's not just about the in ring side of things. It's about his interactions with the.
Speaker 6: Fans as well. Like I just saw a video package the other day where John was watching some footage of a kid that made a video for him, and they'd said that his.
Speaker 7: Like he had helped his his family overcome, you know, with with how they processed and overcame and recovered from cancer. And it was like, you know, so the kid was saying his mom had cancer, and he was saying to his mom, like, you know, John Cena says, never give up.
Speaker 6: So I believe in you.
Speaker 7: You you you never give up and you never gave up and and she said, and he said that that helped motivate his family to stay positive and keep positive. And you know you it's we could. There's so many like countly he's the greatest of all time when.
Speaker 6: It comes to actually doing professional wrestling. I think that that is. I agree with that. I think he's the greatest of.
Speaker 7: All time, and I think it's everything is subjective, but to me, I think it's as close to objective fact as you can get to say that he's the greatest of all time. But it's not just the in ring stuff. It's the time that he's taken with the fans like he is the He has more make a wish visits than any other human being. And to me, even that in itself is an achievement and a contribution that most people couldn't even fathom. Think about the good that that has put out into the universe and to be honest, that is very when you think about that, it inspires other wrestlers to be better. So I think John has said publicly his goal was to leave the place better than he found it, and I think he has absolutely done that.
Speaker 2: He definitely has. Do you have a favorite John Cena match?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: I have a few, So I would say him versus CM Punk Get Money in the Bank twenty eleven was a real pivotal moment in the wrestling business. And again, just like we said before, it's those moments that we remember, and that match was just it was It was awesome. That is one I think for me. You know, my favorite wrestler when I got into the business was The Rock, So seeing him clash with The Rock that first time is just something I never.
Speaker 6: Thought i'd see.
Speaker 7: I thought that The Rock was gone forever, you know, and he came back after seven years and they had the you know, over a year's build and then they faced each other. I think it was wrestling at twenty eight, so that's up there. I also think that the match he had with when Rock Lesnar returned in twenty fourteen was amazing for different reasons. It was just like an intensity that that an uncomfortableness that I'd never really seen in a professional match before.
Speaker 6: So that was like a completely different form of art there. It's hard to pick one, but are there are just there are so many, so many great ones. One that really had an impact to me was him versus RVD at one night Stanton as.
Speaker 7: Well, Oh, because he was like he was literally he was getting bood out of the building.
Speaker 6: He was there and it was it was a career defining moment for him because he just pushed through.
Speaker 7: All the backlash and that you know, as wrestlers, we all get a lot of backclash, even the most popular wrestlers in the world.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll just get haters all day, every day.
Speaker 7: And that was like an entire building at the Hammerstein ball Room just screaming at him, wanting to lose.
Speaker 6: Bay just pushed through it and to have the the confidence to do that, that was pretty cult too. Well.
Speaker 5: In a very John Cena move, he has asked that the rest of the matches tomorrow night have established WWE superstars going up against the up and coming NX tiers. So if you were included on this card, who would you want to wrestle? If you were to be included.
Speaker 7: I mean, wow, that that is I mean, it's hard for me to think about that, because, to be honest, the thing I am thinking about is my one of my best.
Speaker 6: Friends in the business, Leon Slayer.
Speaker 7: He is is on the card and him and Javon Evans are facing AJ Styles and Dragon Lee, and Leon has stated publicly that his dream.
Speaker 6: Match is AJ Styles.
Speaker 7: So for me, like, I'm super happy for my friend because I've had you know, I had that Rumble moment, I had that Wrestlemanium moment, and now I'm getting to see one of my best friends.
Speaker 6: Have their dream match on this iconic card.
Speaker 7: So to me, that's like, that's and in terms of match qualie, that's just going to be as good as it gets.
Speaker 6: So that's that's where my thinking is right now.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm excited for Leon, I'm happy for Javaon as well, and everyone on the card.
Speaker 6: That is just it's it's awesome.
Speaker 5: Okay, then let's remove the event tomorrow night. Who is your dream match right now? I know it probably changes, but as of right now, if you to take your dream match, who would it be?
Speaker 7: I have have I will say this, So my my five favorite wrestlers where The Rock, Rick Flair, Kurt Angle, John Cena, and Chris Chenko. I've already wrestled Kert Angle, which I was very lucky to do. I will say this, there's a video. Not many people know this, but it is online. There's a video from twenty seventeen where I make a bold claim.
Speaker 6: It's on YouTube. When I make a bold claim, not saying it's a match, not saying anything, but I do say I will stand in a professional wrestling ring.
Speaker 7: And I'm basically in that video, I'm saying one day I'll come face to face with the Rock.
Speaker 6: So that's what that's what.
Speaker 7: So, Hey, that could be in a wrestling ring or a backstage promo or something like that, you know, I and hey, anything can happen. Because I mean Ethan Page, who is the NXT North American Champion. He ended up and face to face with The Rock on NXT, you know. So I think that's what's exciting is that brands crossover. So that's a kind of that's a dream scenario. But yeah, that's I would love to I've never I've not had a chance to properly. I think I said I've said hello to Rick Flair, but I've never had a chance to have a conversation with him, so that'd be that'd be really cool too.
Speaker 5: Man, that's awesome now, jes So you know, liv Morgan is the official female pod Meets World champion, so we are in the market for a male counterpart.
Speaker 2: Would you would you be interested?
Speaker 7: What do I need to do to be I mean to be champion? That's that's, you know, a big responsibility. So I've never seen the show. I do recall seeing the show like advertised.
Speaker 2: It's enough, that's it. We just tell you.
Speaker 7: I'm going to do my search after this. I'm good and you know it's going to have to go no way. I was on the podcast for those guys, so I'm going to do a better search I can. I ask you guys a quick question. That's a good question. So how do you all feel about the fact you got to do this really cool thing and now you're kind of back together again doing this.
Speaker 6: How does that feel? Well?
Speaker 2: We never really left?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, come on, that's doing the podcast has been like yeah, it's it's life changing. It's been so amazing, and yeah, we got to go on tour and the connection with our fan base just like it's you know, we feel like we grew up with America and it's you know it was. It was so funny because when I feel like that relationship was always kind of one sided, and now doing the podcast, it feels like it's it's going both directions.
Speaker 4: It's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 5: Unlike with wrestling, where you're you like you said, so much of what you do is about whether or not you have a connection, interaction, interaction with the fans.
Speaker 2: We're doing sitcom.
Speaker 5: We didn't have that back then, especially in the nineties where there wasn't even social media. But now we're able to do conventions, we're able to meet people face to face.
Speaker 2: Like writer said, we went on a live tour.
Speaker 5: We were performing for thousands of people and then doing meet and greets after and now every week we share ourselves with the audience, and then when people come up to us and they tell us they listen to the podcast, we know they actually know us, not just the characters they've seen us play. And it's made such a difference in the appreciation we have for the years we spent doing Boy Meets World.
Speaker 1: I will tell you, I think we need an entrance song now.
Speaker 6: Though I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the idea that we don't have one. Now, if Joe, if you were to write an entry song for this world.
Speaker 6: Hey, if you've got spare million dollars line, it's.
Speaker 2: So funny who said that. I literally just found a million dollars. I was like, Oh, what's this spare million dollars doing? Thank you for saying that. Well, I want everyone to know.
Speaker 5: Saturday Night's main event, John Cena's final match takes place tomorrow night, Saturday, December thirteenth, live from the nation's capital at eight pm Eastern five pm Pacific, exclusively on Peacock and.
Speaker 2: We will be looking for you, Joe.
Speaker 5: We would love to see the Pod Meets World champ at such a big event, so we're going to just.
Speaker 6: Keep us question. Can ask a question what do I need to do to be the Pod meets World chap that dollar? I feel well, I mean, you know, do you want a million? I want a million, let's let's right. But I feel like I don't.
Speaker 7: I feel like if I'm asked a question about the CD is like, what what do I need to do to air in that championship?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: It's really easy.
Speaker 5: You just we ask you would you like to be the champion, and you just say yes, it's great. Great, all right, you're the chair, you're the chance.
Speaker 6: I will send you the address to send the belt to next time we talk.
Speaker 5: Perfect, you know, and if you ever have like some spare moments and you think maybe you want to create, like maybe watch some of the show and you go, oh, I actually have great entrance music for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know.
Speaker 6: Question.
Speaker 2: You didn't hear that part.
Speaker 1: Also, you also won't understand this, but my co hosts and our fans will get this very much. Our belt we're going to send you is squeaky Squeaky beout.
Speaker 2: Little Inside Joke World. You've got a lot of episodes.
Speaker 5: Took you said, thank you so much for being here with us. It was an absolute pleasure. I knew you guys were going to love that video.
Speaker 4: I the middle it kind of correct.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 5: It just reminds me so much like when I think of things that I know will get writer, like certain aspects of wrestling that writer loves. It's hard, and it is true that it's hard to if you don't love every aspect of it.
Speaker 2: It's a big time commitment.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: The matches are very long going to the things.
Speaker 5: It's like an all day event, and if you don't love every single aspect of it, then maybe you're just not going to be an overall fan. But there are elements that I go this will speak to writer. Joe Hendry is one of those elements.
Speaker 3: And character character, like the creativity of that character, the specificity, like the way he was able to pitch it is like the guy at the party that every You're like, that is so clever.
Speaker 4: And deep, you know, like that's a that's so interesting.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's also interesting to really talk to somebody who gets into this. I know they all get it, but who really talks about the idea that it's like it's a business. Yeah, there's tons of aspects to the business. And that's one of the reasons he keeps talking about John Cena's like, here's somebody who came in and got the business right away. Where in the ring is one thing. Out of the ring is one thing, Your persona is one thing. How you deal with the fans is one thing. I mean, it's it's a business. So people forget that, and it seems like he was, you know, seen as the best at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. Yeah.
Speaker 5: He Sina is incredible and Joe Hendry is truly one of my favorite newer, you know, people to enter into the world.
Speaker 2: He's still at n XT, but it's pretty incredible.
Speaker 1: So when's the last time you would know this? When's the last time a w w E champion was not an American? Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean there are a lot of them, Like Goonther is an American? Okay, so there there are, there are a few.
Speaker 1: Who else Guther was is a was the champion or is the champion?
Speaker 5: Not as of right now, but yes, has been a Yeah, he has been.
Speaker 2: He has been a champ.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: He wears a black robe sometimes and Keaton has requested a black robe so that he can be.
Speaker 1: Gun the heck. Yeah, yeah, love this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Drew McIntyre another one. Jensen just sent me Drew McIntyre another one. He is Irish, Scottish, some kind of Ish Scottish.
Speaker 2: Gotcha he's an Ish. Yeah, he's Scottish. Anyway.
Speaker 5: Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails. Pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've got merch.
Speaker 1: That's March in Scotland. Isn't that March is what would buy you in? Just go buy it? Fulkin' how.
Speaker 2: Pod Meets worldshow dot com you have to be angry when you're Scottish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course you do, a great day, good morning, pret beautiful out.
Speaker 6: My God.
Speaker 2: Will send us out angry.
Speaker 1: We love you all, pod dismissed. Podmeets World is nheart podcast produc and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers, Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara Sudbaksh producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World superfan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at Podmets Worldshow at gmail dot com