Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey and you found this official Second Date podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being here.
Speaker 1: And if your ears aren't satisfied enough and you would like to also visually take in what we're giving you, yep, you can go to our YouTube page.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or you can look at the YouTube page close your eyes talking.
Speaker 1: We do have a new Second Date video that's up today. We're doing them once a week, so definitely check that out and let us know what you like.
Speaker 4: We constantly get the oh my god, you guys like nothing like how I imagine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brooke maybe showered today?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wa or worse?
Speaker 6: How do you think about that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Better than what they thought.
Speaker 2: No, I've seen some worst comments. Don't worry. Yeah there's some. Yeah, there's some. There's always some.
Speaker 1: But today is a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. Before we get to this awkward call, though, what do we got on on the comments? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ou Pasu said.
Speaker 7: I was celebrating Midsummer with my family and relatives and some drama ended up happening like always anyways, I was listening to you guys and started laughing while my aunt was yelling and crashing out on everybody.
Speaker 2: And when she saw me laughing, she completely.
Speaker 7: Lost it and left the party.
Speaker 2: Let from Finland.
Speaker 5: Probably good.
Speaker 1: Why do I like to hear that Finnish families are as I don't know, chaotic and yeah families, It makes me feel better.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, all right, here we go your brand new Oh.
Speaker 1: This is actually really appropriate awkward Tuesday phone call being.
Speaker 2: In a crash out. Yeah yeah, it starts right now.
Speaker 4: If a former crush slips you a secret note, that's pretty exciting, right Yeah, well not for our listener, he says. As soon as he got handed that piece of paper, he started to sweat profusely and broke out in a rash from how nervous the entire thing made him. When you find out the reason why, you'll understand why this could be probably the most.
Speaker 6: Awkward of all awkward calls ever.
Speaker 5: It's come up right after this.
Speaker 6: It's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Attending a family reunion can bring up a lot of feelings and emotions joy, nostalgia, brooks case, arousal, Oh my god, John, But maybe the one emotion that you don't want to feel is awkwardness.
Speaker 1: I mean, can you avoid it when your whole family gets together.
Speaker 5: It's a good point.
Speaker 4: But apparently that's how one of our listeners, George felt when he met up with some of his extended family members recently, and now he's bringing the drama from his family circle into powers.
Speaker 1: I mean, we all have to wear matching T shirts a reunion, you.
Speaker 5: Know, if that's what it takes. George, Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 8: How's it going good?
Speaker 2: Good? Did the reunion already happen? George?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it happened.
Speaker 9: There was a few weeks back.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so it's lingering. You survived it, maybe?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, what mad did you reach out to our show for help?
Speaker 8: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So basically we were having a little family reunion. It was extended family.
Speaker 8: So people I knew and then didn't know too well.
Speaker 1: Nice little barbecue, You're like, wow, we all kind of look alike.
Speaker 10: Cool.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there was a good vibe.
Speaker 10: And then I did probably about an hour and a half, and this younger girl, probably around my age, she came in and she died to look super familiar, but I couldn't really put my finger on where I knew her from.
Speaker 2: Yes, and she's a cousin.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I.
Speaker 8: Was asking my aunt about her.
Speaker 3: Later she goes, yeah, no, that's Ashley, that's your second cousin.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, ok yeah.
Speaker 3: So I was like, okay, maybe I met her a while back. But then it just dawned on me that we had met at a coffee shop. I was actually had a coffee shop trying to support a friend playing a little acoustic guitar.
Speaker 8: The guitar and night little.
Speaker 3: Opened my night, and we actually met that night, and we we kind of hit it off.
Speaker 2: Shut up, Oh you said it was your second cousin off limits, broke.
Speaker 8: I didn't know until until the reunion. You guys aren't listening.
Speaker 6: So there was romantic vibes happening when you two met.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we hit it off like she oh God, my number and transparency.
Speaker 3: He hinted towards the fact that if I came over later that night and her parents weren't there.
Speaker 8: I'd probably get lucky. Her parents were, Thank god, she need thank god.
Speaker 5: Yeah my god.
Speaker 2: So did you when you saw her at the reunion? Were you like, oh God, Like, I mean, why are you telling me us this? I didn't take this to the grade. I would never mention ever again, you anyone.
Speaker 4: So when your aunt told you that she's actually your second cousin.
Speaker 5: What was going through your head?
Speaker 3: I mean, panics, sweating, trying to confirm is this really happening?
Speaker 8: And my dreaming pinched me that the stuff. But then we're at theland the reunion. She handed me a piece of paper saying, you know, we need to talk. We need it, and this is where I'm at now. That's why I called y'all. I just need some advice. I don't know what she wants to talk about. I don't know.
Speaker 4: She's sorry to interrupt you, George Brook, Why are you shaking your head no right now with like the frowniest face I've ever seen you yet.
Speaker 1: Why would she need to talk There's nothing to talk about.
Speaker 4: But you're you're assuming that she wants to talk about their romantic interaction.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, what else would she want to talk about? The aunt's salad recipe.
Speaker 8: You guys, I need to correct you on that there was actually no romantic interaction.
Speaker 3: I mean, there was a little bit of flirting and whatnot, but it wasn't you know that.
Speaker 6: Everything above the belt?
Speaker 2: It could be well said.
Speaker 8: We were in a coffee shop. I never even hung out with her.
Speaker 5: After that.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank goodness. Yeah, you know, I just fear she's still interested. That's where she wants. Okay, listen.
Speaker 1: Maybe she just wants to say, hey, listen, what happened in the coffee shop can never be said to any of.
Speaker 6: Our family to squash it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well that's perfect. I'm just glad he's not calling the radio about it.
Speaker 8: Then I've had nowhere else return. You know, I can't talk to my family about it.
Speaker 4: You're just listening to us one day and you're like, wait a minute, Yeah, these are the people that are going.
Speaker 2: To help I want of the host talks about her cousin's day. Dat I've never dated a cousin, been attracted to a cousin. I've never kissed a cousin, even a second cousin, a third cousin.
Speaker 4: Someone's protesting a whole lot, you know what they say. Anyway, So what do you want to do then? With your awkward Tuesday phone call here? What advice are you looking for?
Speaker 8: I have no idea what.
Speaker 3: She's going to say, but I just kind of need some advice on my temperament, my mood, and I don't even know if she's interested in me, and that would be super weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I mean when you saw her, don't.
Speaker 8: Ask no comment, I'm not answering.
Speaker 6: Okay, Oh god, you're a super hot family.
Speaker 5: Hi, all of your attract No comment.
Speaker 2: Feels so bad.
Speaker 4: Okay, and say no please, Yeah, let's get something you can answer. What's her name?
Speaker 2: As cousin Ashley, just reminding the way he was.
Speaker 4: Saying that he was smiling, you could tell anyway. Let's give you some advice. We're gonna come back tell you exactly what you need to do before we let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to the second cousin you had a little flirtation with not too long ago, right after this whole.
Speaker 8: Correction, This was like two years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh is that long ago?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't think I realized the timeline. Oh okay, that's right.
Speaker 4: Distance makes the heart grows fun, hopefully not too fun. When we do your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 5: It's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. And if you're just joining us, this is the definition.
Speaker 5: Of awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's already our listener, George bumped into a woman at a coffee shop two years ago. He described that interaction as flirtatious. Nothing happened, but there were definite vibes.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, she invited him over to her place that night.
Speaker 6: And she she alluded that she would like him maybe to swing by later that night.
Speaker 4: Thankfully that did not happen, because two years later, he's at his family reunion and sees that same woman from the coffee shop, only to learn it's actually his second cousin, Ashley.
Speaker 6: We want to emphasize second.
Speaker 8: Normally it's not that.
Speaker 5: Important, but I think it is right now.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. That's close. I don't care what number you put at the front of cousin. You can't. I mean, maybe we get into double digits and it's fine.
Speaker 6: But they were introduced. They didn't say a whole lot to each other.
Speaker 4: But at one point she did slip him a note that said the most terrifying forwards anybody. But he can hear we need to talk, and so he has no clue what that's about. He's so nervous that he wanted our advice before he reached out to her. So Brooke, what do you have for him. What advice can you give?
Speaker 2: Well, the nervous is the problem right now. Honestly, the more nervous you sound more it sounds like you're into her. You have to be chill, you have to care not at all nonchalant.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 8: But I don't have a crush on her, And I think you if you were in my situation, you'd be slightly nervous too, because this is a really weird situation.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying you have a crush. I'm just saying you sound like you could if you come off nervous.
Speaker 8: Okay, I get it, but I don't have a crush.
Speaker 5: Okay, but just the way say it, just the way.
Speaker 4: You said it makes it sound like you do. So try to like revamp your attitude right now. And jose is going to give you some more advice. What do you think, Jose, Well, you.
Speaker 5: Don't know what's coming.
Speaker 6: It could be good, it could be bad.
Speaker 4: So you want to keep the mood light and set the tone immediately, which means it's time to tell a joke.
Speaker 6: And I got what a perfect one? Remember this? Why do the computer go to a family reunion?
Speaker 8: Why?
Speaker 5: Why to see its data?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I like that.
Speaker 1: So if you start with that, make her laugh, they just the whole I'm sure, sure, I mean, Alexis can't stop laugh.
Speaker 2: You don't choose to joke your family.
Speaker 6: What do you think about putting a little bit of humor at the beginning, George, I.
Speaker 8: Mean, if you guys are saying that that's the way to go, I mean, I think it'll make me sound less nervous, So let's go with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, they sound like such a funny guy. Yeah, this will well.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna tell a nervous joke right now? Yeah, I'm scared of what's gonna happen. But we're running out of time, so I just got to dial Ashley's number. We're gonna step away and let you talk to your second cousin and see why she wanted to speak to.
Speaker 5: You so badly.
Speaker 8: Oh man, this is the worst call I've ever had to make in my entire life.
Speaker 2: One of the worst we've had to hear. So we're with you, George.
Speaker 5: This is extra I'm kind of excited, though, I'm telling you right now.
Speaker 9: Hello, Hello, Hello, is it Ashley?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Who say?
Speaker 8: This is George from the family Reunion?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, hold on, takeing I just leave the room for them.
Speaker 8: Hey, you said you needed to talk about something.
Speaker 12: Well, it's just funny because I don't know, like if you knew that we had actually met.
Speaker 11: A while back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it did dawn on me. I mean I think it was at that coffee joint. My friend was playing guitar. I don't really remember much.
Speaker 12: Okay, Well, you just didn't say anything about it that day when we saw each other.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 12: You can say anything.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't want to remember a lot.
Speaker 12: Okay. Well, I just think it's strange because when I look back on it, it seemed like you were really attractive to me, and I never called you. Is that right if I'm remember incorrectly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I'm happy now you never called me.
Speaker 3: I wasn't happy back then, but I was definitely happy now I'm happy now.
Speaker 12: So like, I don't know you, you know, I don't know how you are. Like if you would think it's funny and just like bring up to someone, but I would be mortified. Yeah, And I don't feel like the family would like never let it go, and I just wouldn't want to shore my face with another reading you know what I mean? And then sure cool were on the same page because I just wanted to get clarity because I remember you know from before and then how you look at me at to get together, and I just feel like you're still attracted to me, and I just think it's weird.
Speaker 8: What No, when you talk you're my second cousin. That it's confirmed now. I mean, like, yeah, you are an attractive person, but I'm.
Speaker 12: Not more awkward than it has to be.
Speaker 8: Like no, no, I don't want to say that. I'm just I am telling you that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you do add life flips in a nice jaw line, but I'm not attracted to you.
Speaker 8: But I could see how anyone else would think that that is attractive. But we're related.
Speaker 11: I mean, right, we are related, and we know that now and this is just not going to come up again, and then we'll never mention it again to anyone because it's like weird.
Speaker 8: I'm definitely not going to mention to anyone how I was attracted to you, but I'm no longer attracted to you, even though you still have attractive features like your body.
Speaker 12: Thanks, but please just stop. I just don't want it. I just don't want to be awkward.
Speaker 6: If that's argue. I just can't let it keep going.
Speaker 9: What what is that?
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello Ashley, we're a radio.
Speaker 2: Show about not talk about it thing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, oh no, how did you hear about this?
Speaker 6: We've actually been a part of this since the beginning of the call because we're.
Speaker 2: With ancestry dot com.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're.
Speaker 4: So. George wanted to call you after he got the note that you gave him at the family reunion and he felt really nervous, very awkward about making this call. He wanted a little advice and a little support. Okay, so it wouldn't be weird.
Speaker 2: I just can't happen this is on the radio.
Speaker 12: This is so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Oh it's fine, nothing happened. You guys will be able to laugh.
Speaker 12: I don't want this to be a family like inside joke or something.
Speaker 9: No vibes.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows who you are right now, because we.
Speaker 1: Have a whole mayflower joke in our family because there is a direct relationship between two members.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it gets funny.
Speaker 6: Sure, go ahead, George, tell her a joke.
Speaker 5: This is a good time, all.
Speaker 8: Right, So I think have you ever no, tell me the joke again one more time.
Speaker 2: It was about the computer going to the reunion.
Speaker 5: And the reunion.
Speaker 8: The computer at the family reunion. What did they say that.
Speaker 2: George?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my mom was right.
Speaker 12: You are from the stupid time of the family.
Speaker 8: That's what that's Hey, stupid is a stupid Does that mean you're stupid as well?
Speaker 2: Come back?
Speaker 6: Bottom line, Ashley is George is not attracted to you.
Speaker 2: Why are we saying it again?
Speaker 6: Because she doesn't seem to get like that. That's what's actually happening.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody does.
Speaker 5: We're trying to help.
Speaker 4: We're we're trying to help George confirm there is no romantic interest on his part whatsoever.
Speaker 8: I think I made that, Claire. I said it like four times.
Speaker 6: Yes, But then you added on commentary.
Speaker 2: Jaw line, there was a body mentioned in there.
Speaker 5: I don't think we need the reminder.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so just delete all that from your memory. George does not feel.
Speaker 5: That way about you. She's not.
Speaker 1: Just get your parents to host and leave some of the family off the invite last, leave the dumb.
Speaker 6: Part of the family out.
Speaker 8: Wait, I don't get that part. The people.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's a mystery.
Speaker 4: We'll never know, don't people say who anyway, it sounds like you two are are in a good place.
Speaker 6: You're never going to mention it.
Speaker 5: Think it's better.
Speaker 6: You guys are never going to talk about this again.
Speaker 4: Luckily there's going to be no record of it online living on Brook and Jeffrey Podcast. Any last words, this is the last you're ever going to talk about this conversation.
Speaker 8: Wow, you know, whatever you're doing in your workout routine, keep going. I'm just saying, from a family member to a family.
Speaker 2: Member, potato salad recipe.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Is it me or did those two have chemistry?
Speaker 4: I think there's a healthy family friendship that can come out of this whole situation.
Speaker 2: No, I really do. And they didn't know each other before. They can stick to that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like it wasn't an important part of the family that you've lost, It was a second cousin you didn't.
Speaker 2: Let's just keep on knowing.
Speaker 6: There was some sort of tension was definitely there between them.
Speaker 4: But I'll just said, whenever I'm at a family reunion, nobody ever compliments me on my body, And I think that would actually feel really nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for somebody to notice.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey you've grown up so much. Look at that rock and body you have.
Speaker 2: Your mom hears this, I feel like she might.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 6: Now I'm starting to understand the experiences that you've had. I can admit I was wrong.
Speaker 2: That seems nice not had these experiences.
Speaker 4: And no, it's totally innocent until the cousin who's a pizza guy arrives.
Speaker 6: Then who knows Jeff's family next reunion compliments something his arms.
Speaker 12: Arms.
Speaker 4: Anyway, if you ever need help with your family, issues, with your personal life, friends, romantically, whatever it is, email the show. We'll give you our advice and let you make an awkward call on our radio station. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.