Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: What is up, y'all?
Speaker 3: Happy weekend, Excited to be hanging out with y'all for another best Bits. Please share this with your family, your friends, download it do all the things. I just love hanging out with you guys and getting your guys's responses to things we talk about. Particularly on the part one I had Mike Dion with me this weekend. We answered how we like to eat very popular foods, you know, like chocolate chip, cookies, eggs, fringe fries. What are our favorites how do we eat them? And then we also talked about the last time we had a terrible, no good, very bad day. And for all my book readers, you probably know what I'm talking about Alexander and the no good very in the terrible, no good, very bad day so hard. But we talked about our worst days that we've had recently, and of course we talked about some pro tips too. So check out Part one with Mike d Good stuff over there. But we about to dive in this week so y'all can get caught up on the best bits from the Bobby Bone Show. Lunchbox shared well a story that we've kind of heard before how he still kisses his parents on the lips, and he kind of dove in a little bit more to that why he still does, how he feels about it. The show shared their opinions and it was just more involved than we've ever really talked about this story before. So it had to be included here because y'all also had a lot of opinions on it.
Speaker 1: So here we go Number seven.
Speaker 2: Let's play what year was it? Here we go?
Speaker 4: What year?
Speaker 2: Right year? What year?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Yar?
Speaker 7: What was it?
Speaker 8: Everybody now?
Speaker 2: Hit year? Why year?
Speaker 1: Whit year?
Speaker 9: Why year?
Speaker 2: Why? Yeah?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 2: What year did all this stuff happen? The number one country song is from Garth Brooks thunder Rolls, Under Road and The Light and then Strike. The number one pop song is Baby Baby from Amy grand em one pop song that's crazy. Number one movies Home Alone with Macaulay Culkin. It made around five hundred million dollars, the number one pop culture moment or one of the big ones. All these shows made their debut in this year. Home and Movement, Step by Step, Dinosaurs and rug Rats. Oh they all go on the air for the first time.
Speaker 8: I think I got it.
Speaker 2: There's another one, but I think it gives it away. It's a little Bobby Bone show history. Oh, I'll just say this. Somebody was born this year. The same year on the show Someone So thunder Rolls, Garth Brooks, Amy Grant, Baby Baby Home Alone comes out, and all those shows Home Improvement, step by Step, Dinosaurs and Rugrats all go on the air. What year do you have? Everybody in?
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm in.
Speaker 9: Huh, Dan, it's that threw me off.
Speaker 8: The Garth ones On has got me, it's got you in.
Speaker 10: I think I know that one specifically, Amy, we need an answer over there.
Speaker 9: Yep, we have nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox nineteen ninety one, Eddie nineteen one.
Speaker 2: Dang, all you guys want to say him again? Huh, come on, come on, Mike d was born in this year? It was nineteen ninety one. Does that feel good? If you win with everybody else?
Speaker 9: I just feel good that I got it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, losers, do you feel good?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 5: Because I want to be the only one gloating. I want to be having the celebratory if you.
Speaker 2: Told us about kissing your sister, and it feels like it's like.
Speaker 11: When you tie, it's kissing your sister, and it's just not fun.
Speaker 2: Kissing your dad, cauld You do kiss your dad on the lips, That's true, that's.
Speaker 11: Not fun either. It's just love. I kissed my mom on the lips, Yeah.
Speaker 8: For how long? Peck?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a I mean I'm not sticking my tongue in her mouth.
Speaker 2: You still kiss your dad on the lips, Yeah, if you see him for like what Christmas?
Speaker 11: Yeah, anytime I see him.
Speaker 9: What you've seen him four days in a row?
Speaker 2: No, but even then, I don't know. But it's it's just lit to lip though.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like he's backing away from the mic.
Speaker 2: We're not going to put you in the sicknes seat today.
Speaker 11: No, that's it.
Speaker 2: It's like, let's not lose what we're talking about here, guys. Sorry, kissing his dead on the lips, which in a lot of countries, that's not even a thing.
Speaker 8: It's normal the lips.
Speaker 11: It's not a thing.
Speaker 8: I never heard of that.
Speaker 2: I just you know, when Tom Brady kissed his son, unless the internet went crazy, I mean that was weird.
Speaker 8: As an older son, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: Normal, I kissed my kids on the lips, like that's a way of show loves.
Speaker 11: I can't show my grandparents I kissed them on the lips. I don't see. I don't think it's weird at all.
Speaker 2: It's not wrong, but it can be weird. I I never kissed a parent on the lips, Amy.
Speaker 9: You no, no, And if they.
Speaker 10: Did, Eddie, no, no, no, no. I mean I kissed my my four year old.
Speaker 2: In the lips.
Speaker 8: Not the older ones.
Speaker 5: Oh you guys want to jump on him.
Speaker 8: Now you're doing it. There's an age deal.
Speaker 10: Like if they're teenagers and they want to kiss me on the lips, I'd be like, did get away?
Speaker 8: What do you do? What if you? Exactly?
Speaker 11: So, why is it okay for your four year old?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: Because he's a baby, a baby anymore you call him a baby, he's still my baby.
Speaker 8: I hear you.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, let's good for you. I'm glad you have your traditions.
Speaker 11: It's all good.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, it's all family. Spend the bottle and you're.
Speaker 9: Right, Bobby, it's not lunchbucks. You need to know, like weird or it's not listening different to.
Speaker 2: Weird my whole life. Yeah, it's just I don't think it's weird at all.
Speaker 11: I think you guys are the weird ones.
Speaker 9: It's unfamiliar, interesting, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Because we're not used to it, because we're whether adult man kisses dad on the lips. It doesn't make me uncomfortable. I just I'm like you. Of all people, I wouldn't have expected that tradition.
Speaker 5: Look, that's what we did when I was a kid. We kept doing it. Not gonna change it.
Speaker 2: Amen, brother, Let's go show that love dad.
Speaker 11: I'll see it in a couple of weeks. Give me a kiss, fuck her up.
Speaker 2: If you really miss each other, do you hold it longer?
Speaker 5: Nope, like when I'm leaving, like when it's goodbye.
Speaker 8: Because on the lips, that's weird.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm I'm judging. I'm not being judgmental. It's just I've not seen it.
Speaker 9: He wants to go viral? Why does he ever video?
Speaker 8: Yes, but that's a video.
Speaker 11: It's not a sexual thing.
Speaker 2: Didn't say it was. We didn't say it was. Nobody nobody said it was.
Speaker 8: Not a viral.
Speaker 5: It won't go viral, well.
Speaker 2: Because Tom Brady's went viral. Because yeah, it's just not something people are accustomed to seeing you do.
Speaker 8: The voice that says this is how I.
Speaker 9: See might say, like, title it normalize kissing your dad on the lips?
Speaker 11: I mean I guarantee it's a normalized already.
Speaker 2: No, it's not okay, that's what normal doesn't mean wrong, say it again. Weird. I'm not used to it, but not wrong. Other countries they do it, and I'd be like, wow, look at that.
Speaker 5: They do it in America too, guys, Tom Brady who was in America. I'm in America. We do it here.
Speaker 2: But if you wanted to go viral, you could be like, guys, I'm just showing you. Guys, it's okay kiss your dad on the lips and kiss them on the left, be like, we do this every time we greet each other. I promise you that thing's gonna get a million views.
Speaker 9: Or your mom babe, then you gally he was an adult in his mom bay like like he broke his ankle in the back on some like viral.
Speaker 8: Gold Well, I.
Speaker 2: Can't show me naked, no, but you can say, how do you feel about this? This is a picture of me at age thirty.
Speaker 11: I'm forty one.
Speaker 2: Now what were you then?
Speaker 9: Oh it's really late twenties.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was like twenty nine.
Speaker 2: This is a picture of me at age twenty nine. Find a picture. Who cares if you've been you at twenty nine, be like, this is me. Now I broke my ankle. Here's a picture.
Speaker 8: You get some.
Speaker 2: This is my mom. She gave me a sponge bath because my ankle couldn't get wet right.
Speaker 5: So I was in the bath and I had to hang my foot over. It was one of those deep tubs, so I couldn't. Like, it was just awkward.
Speaker 2: Your hands are in there with you. You said you could you but I can't wash yourself.
Speaker 8: No, no, because you mom washed them.
Speaker 5: Huh, Like you're sloped way down to get it way up and so then it's just hard for me to wash.
Speaker 9: No. Yeah, but I have to do is say, hey, my friends think this is kind of weird, Like this is normal.
Speaker 2: They're a million views. Yeah, you got two gold mine just sitting on right now. Pull some of that money on that investment. Yeah, invested your whole life in this. Take them out.
Speaker 11: I should shit.
Speaker 5: Hey, maybe when I see my dad in a couple weeks, I'll give a kiss and filming for you guys.
Speaker 2: Yes, please do normalize it. Well, I wish, I wish I had a dad that kiss me on the lips. I wish I had a dad.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Bobby, you could what you could? You're doing one? You're like kissing nothing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a joke.
Speaker 2: Here's me kissing my dad on the lip. Okay, moving on quickly. Is a thumb a finger?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: Or no?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 9: I think it is considered no science.
Speaker 2: Is a thumb a finger not digit?
Speaker 9: No, it's a thumb.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I think the answers yes, you say yes, oh yeah, how many fingers yet?
Speaker 5: Four?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 11: Fine?
Speaker 5: Oh you've never if you answered that question that five fingers, Of course you do.
Speaker 2: Here's a random question. Is your thumb a finger? Twenty two percent of Americans say no, it's not. Okay. Here's another one. Are your ear is part of your face?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: Yes, oh, I said part of your head.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 2: I say no to the face lunchbox ears out of your face?
Speaker 11: No, it's your head.
Speaker 2: Twenty seven percent say your ears aren't part of your face, so I'm part of that twenty seven Yeah. And then your shoulder is it part of your arm?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yes, absolutely, that's your arm. It's shoulder connects.
Speaker 9: Because if you were to cut your arm off your shoulder and be on it.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: It's interesting if you cut off when you're still there and your shoulders still there, my arm off.
Speaker 9: From here down, that's my shoulder.
Speaker 2: That's not cutting your arm off. If someone said cut your arm off, you wouldn't go under the pit.
Speaker 5: You would not go under the pit.
Speaker 2: That's a lie, you know. You cut up from right here to the bicet, the tricep area. Honest pit pit?
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, Why does that word bother me so much?
Speaker 8: Like a barbecue pit?
Speaker 2: Aren't those the weirdest questions? Though? That I never thought about your finger? Of course, there's you have five.
Speaker 9: Fingers right right, But I mean I didn't know if.
Speaker 2: Your ears not face head not close enough to the face, and then shoulder not arm, shoulders connected to the arm but not arm. And it's like I cut my arm off and she goes deep into her pit, up her neck. Yeah, I did you have right?
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Eddie had to do a punishment report. Now I say that because they took a US citizenship test and he didn't do well. So Bobby was like, okay, you gotta do a punishment, and his punishment was to do a report on the president Martin van Buren, which, if I will be real honest with y'all right here, I didn't even know this man was a president. I really need it also, easy trivia, it's kicking my butt. So I did do good this week, but I really need to step it up because I cannot let Eddie win again. And so I think I need to go study my presidents, because I'm gonna be honest, I don't think I remember this man at all in any capacity, even after Eddie did a report on him.
Speaker 2: I'll report.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well here it is in case you will like to learn about Martin van Buren.
Speaker 1: Number six.
Speaker 2: We played a game last week. It's the US citizenship test, and whoever finished last had to be deported. That was the original rule, but it said of sending somebody back.
Speaker 9: But deported we're from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, who cares. We were gonna send me some spind the will whatever country landed on random. So Eddie lost, and so as punishment, he has to do a report on an American president, and we picked Martin van Buren because that was some answer Eddie gave randomly at one of the questions.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's how we got there, Buddy, I don't know much about this guy.
Speaker 8: Well, now I do, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: So Eddie's going to go up to the front of the class. We have a microphone. He's going to deliver his presentation. So Eddie, make your way out. Okay, here's some teacher learning music. We also have a teacher on the phone. We're gonna get to in one second as well. Please welcome to the stage our producer. Ready, he's got how many pages is that?
Speaker 8: Buddy?
Speaker 10: Well you said three pages, and I think the parameters were twelve font yeah, double spaced, three pages.
Speaker 2: And on the phone right now is Stacey and Colorado. Stacey are or were you a teacher?
Speaker 7: Yes? I was a teacher for how long that's correct? Eighteen to twenty years. I've worked with Pitts most of my life, from being a teenager on. But I was a teacher for about eighteen years.
Speaker 2: Wow, sounds good to me.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 8: What about like forty four year old that's writing a paper.
Speaker 2: Well he only has to write it like a sixth grade to though, So what doesn't matter. Okay, So Stacy, what we're gonna do is We're gonna have you listen to Eddie's report and we like for you to grade it, and then she already has your paper. Oh my god, she's graded dad as well.
Speaker 10: Okay, let me say there was a lot of spell check stuff on that paper when I when I saved it, so I didn't really a prof read.
Speaker 8: I mean I kind of.
Speaker 2: Wrote it and you were great, will be reflective.
Speaker 8: This is not good. Okay.
Speaker 10: I thought I was just gonna turn in you and you're gonna be like, that's fine, thank you.
Speaker 2: How would you want that done to your kids? Just to be like that's fine, thank you.
Speaker 8: I'm not a kid. I'm forty four years old, I have four I'm my dad. I have four kids, and I'm here. I am dude.
Speaker 10: This has been so dumb, sitting in my office writing a report about a president that died like hundreds of years ago.
Speaker 2: Do you feel smarter?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: Yeah, tell me more seventeen hundred Right now.
Speaker 2: Here is Eddie? How long is the presentation? Do we tell him the two or three minutes?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: I don't even know what number was.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I'll tell you Eddie. Please tell us and welcome talk about Martin van Buren.
Speaker 8: Okay, here we go. Martin van Buren, the man, the President, and the butt of the joke.
Speaker 10: Martin was born December fifth, seventeen eighty two in Kinderhook, New York. Now he was the son of a farmer. He was also the son of a man that ran a pub. So this is where Martin Van Buren learned most of his politics. This pub was a place where a lot of politicians would come in and talk about politics. So Martin would serve drinks and be like, ooh interesting. Then Martin he made his way into the state Senate, then eventually the federal National Senate.
Speaker 8: Well I think it's called US Senate.
Speaker 10: And then he became the governor of New York and then he said, you know what, I Am going to be President of the United States. He is the inventor of the political machine, which is still used today, which is a way to get votes. You go and you tell people that they now work for you, or you give a mo and they go recruit votes for you. And that's kind of what campaigning is today. And Martin Van Buren started that, which is really cool. This is crazy. Martin Van Buren married his cousin's daughter. Yeah, married his second cousin, which is crazy. Then Martin Van Buren's wife died before he was elected into office, so he didn't have a first lady, so his daughter in law became the first lady.
Speaker 8: Now Martin Van Buren was his daughter in law. That's right.
Speaker 2: Romantic.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, they didn't do any of that. She just did the duties. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So Martin Van Buren wasn't the best president though, and really not his fault. He was going in already taking the place of what Andrew Jackson had already done, which Andrew was one of his buddies.
Speaker 8: But Andrew had messed up the financial system. I mean, it was the.
Speaker 10: Worst depression financial crash ever. Van Buren stepped into it, had nothing to do with it, but everyone said, this guy's terrible. They nicknamed him Martin van Ruin.
Speaker 8: Isn't that crazy? So he tried to run again.
Speaker 10: That didn't work, lost, he lost, and that was pretty much it for Martin. But he wasn't the best president. He was the eighth president the United States, but really not known as one of the best presidents ever. And this is fun fact. The word okay kind of started with Martin Van Buren. He made it famous because his campaign he was old Kinderhook, which is where he was from. So peop would say okay, okay, okay. So when you say, hey, how are you feeling, I'm okay. That's because of Martin Van Buren. Thank you guys so much for listening to my report.
Speaker 2: It was the eighth president. Didn't yeah okay, din't feel like that's where I started, but.
Speaker 8: He made it famous. Okay, yea, No, he really does.
Speaker 2: The two letters you can say oklahoma, Oh, okay, okay. He was the eighth president, the eighth president of United States. I did learn some stuff there.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 2: Stacy back on line. Stacy teacher, she was teacher for eighteen years. First of all, how would you grate his his performance? I guess it's not a performance. His presentation of Martin Van Buren in the Life of a Former President.
Speaker 7: I will say, I feel like the presentation of it was better than me actually reading the report.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: I appreciate the full package coming through with this report. But hey, Eddie, they got rid of the two spaces after the period probably back before I was in college, which was a long time ago, deduction play one space.
Speaker 8: Now, well that was last time I wrote a paper. It was a long long time ago. I got you.
Speaker 10: So I'm in the old rules of writing papers.
Speaker 2: So, Stacy, what would you grade Eddie on his paper when you read his paper?
Speaker 7: When I read his paper, I gave him a solid beat. It had a lot of valuable information. So I will say, as a teacher, using phrases like butt of the joke and another phrase on here.
Speaker 2: On the radio, go and say it. We'll believe it if we need to find it.
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, you know w yeah, I mean there was really no other way to explain what kind of dude he was.
Speaker 2: He was as some guy that didn't tell the truth. Yeah, yeah, that's the way.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, yes, sir. But I wrote it all out, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. So you wouldn't have accepted a kid writing that, okay. And what would you grade Eddie's presentation?
Speaker 7: The presentation I would give a solid that was really well presented.
Speaker 2: Well, he cursed and this is like a paper after dark, so she did.
Speaker 10: Any words, Van Buren was like, that is the kind of guy he was. I wanted to kind of represent that in my presentation.
Speaker 9: Would bud of a joke be accepted?
Speaker 2: No, I would just say he was made fun of a lot.
Speaker 9: Oh, because I think not.
Speaker 8: But it's not butt of the joke.
Speaker 9: It's either there they mean the same thing. So I'm just thinking a way around.
Speaker 2: It, like not even like that's I thought Bud was wrong actually, but because he passed. Thank you for teaching that.
Speaker 8: Dude. That's better than I in school.
Speaker 10: Those grades I never got to be on a paper, Stacy.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your help. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 7: You're so welcome.
Speaker 2: Hope you have an awesome day.
Speaker 9: You two, thank you all right, Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Nate Smith stopped by the studio this week. Not only did he perform several of his songs and they are amazing, which you can watch on our YouTube page. You can't hear him here unfortunately because of some podcast legal rules, but his interview is right here and it was awesome. He talked about his new music, what it's like being on tour, and even Bobby gave him some suggestions for some different stage names. Since Nate Smith is kind of more of a generic name, so you can hear that whole interview right here, and when you're done, take a little brief pause and go watch his performances because he crushed it number five.
Speaker 1: So Bobby Bones Show interviews in case you didn't know.
Speaker 2: His name is Nate Smith. He's here in the studio, the full bands here. He just had a two week number one song, this one right here called Whiskey on You. Nate is a former worship leader who moved to Nashville in his twenties, didn't make it, moved back home, thought he was done with music. He drove an uber, he worked, he did all kinds of stuff. But there was a big fire in twenty eighteen. He lost basically everything. He had an old loan guitar, started playing music, found love music again, moved back to Nashville, had that song. His new album is out now. He's going on tour with Thomas Rhett, which kicks off in May. And he's here now here we go Nate Smith.
Speaker 1: On the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 2: Now, Nate Smith, Nate It, I feel like anytime that you and I talk, if like I text you or you text me, or we send voice memos or video, you send videos which is weird, but still you're you're always on the road.
Speaker 8: It's always a movie.
Speaker 2: You're never here, You're never in Nashville, ever in Nashville ever. Like it's it's the greatest thing, and it's also you can also get extremely exhausted from it. But you know, what is a day on the road like now for you?
Speaker 12: You know, I usually like hermit to my my bunk, pulled the curtain, just shut the world out. It feels really good for a few hours. Or listen to these guys just laughing for hours and hours. Do you sleep late? I'm the first one to bed, I think because I'm the oldest guy in the group. So I'm the elder and so I just go right to bed.
Speaker 2: You have like you're fifty.
Speaker 8: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: When everybody else is eleven, you really can't claim I'm the oldest guy.
Speaker 8: This is the youth band.
Speaker 2: It's like Kids Bop. It's it's Nate and Kids Bop and he's like old, So I'm going to bed. Is it pretty cool to play these songs that people know now?
Speaker 12: It's amazing. I mean when you have it on the Kids Bop album, I mean, that's a hit. That's Hey, it's a hit.
Speaker 2: It's on the commercial. It's like Whiskey on You. So yeah, it's really great. So I got a lot of stuff talk to you about, but what I thought we would do since your whole bandswer, which is awesome, very appreciative that you guys would all come in. You know, I know there are child labor laws, so you can only work so long in a day. So, uh, Nate, if you don't mind, would you do verse and chorus of your number one smash Whiskey on You? I got you here, we get I like how your guitar player was committed he was gonna finish that l Nate Smith, that's great, that's great.
Speaker 8: Can we sing about whiskey with kids here?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's I'm not checking, id's to do what you want or basically Europe or international waters today? So Noy, you have a new album that's out, and I'm always fascinated with why people put songs at number one. If I could stop loving use at number one, and there's got to be a reason you wanted to start the whole project with that song.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Anthem has a big, like you know, fun chorus and stuff. It kind of just feels right. So I was like, I think this is the first song to kind of let people into know kind of my style.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play a little bit of it now, Ray if you'll play track one from Nate Smith's new album that's called Nate Smith that's out now here is if I could stop loving you, I know.
Speaker 8: That I can be.
Speaker 2: If I could just stop body. So you have this whole project. You know what I think about you? I mean I think about you a lot, but I think about you and your name, Nate Smith. Did you ever think about not going by Smith because it's so common? Yes, I have some some name ideas if you'd like them, I'd like to pitch to you. Now change your Let's see if any of these makes sense. How about Nathan Smith Smithsonian?
Speaker 8: I like the Smithsonian.
Speaker 2: That should be a version of you that you do Nathan Smithsonian. Whenever you decide to do it strong, it is strong. It could be a side character too. You're like Nathan Smithsonian. Connoisewer of Great American Art would like to do a song for think about that one. How about a little Smithy?
Speaker 12: Little Smithy kind of feels like it's got a little edge to it, isn't it?
Speaker 2: How about Honky Talk Heartbreaker? I like that one, the double H.
Speaker 8: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you know, it's tough to cut through. That's why my name, my real name is not Bones, but my wife goes by our real name, which is Estell, and so that's my real name.
Speaker 8: I do not know this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't do the research on It's so no, that's real name. And I really wasn't like, hey, everybody, here's my real ever, but then my wife was like, I'm not going by Bones. I'm not. And I was like, I get it. It's it's a stupid name. Well see, I feel like it's a pirate, but it is distinct.
Speaker 12: It's it's easy to remember, though, I guess at least you know, do you have a nickname?
Speaker 8: When I was a kid, I created my own nickname.
Speaker 12: I was really slow, but I thought like I could be really fast running and stuff, and so I wanted to be called speedy.
Speaker 8: I wanted to read on with speedy. And I was the slowest kid and speaking into existence, you know, speedy.
Speaker 2: So if you said it, you would become faster.
Speaker 8: But I didn't.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 2: Were you an athlete?
Speaker 8: No, I sucked at every sport I tried.
Speaker 2: Why would you be called speedy? Then that would be all you called. I want to every sport. I sucked at miss But do you play anything? Nah?
Speaker 12: No, I just I tried every sport wrestling. I remember when I had the leotard thing on. I remember I stood up and this girl looked at me. She guyes, he just don't have an ask for that, and I'm.
Speaker 11: Like, oh, how old were you?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 12: I was traumatized. I was fourteen, and she was right, but like I just like I was. It was traumatizing at the time.
Speaker 2: You're do you even know where you are on the road at times? Like do you ever forget because you're so exhausted a little bit? Or do you write it? What I tried to do is always ride it in multiple places so you can I f i'd a different corner.
Speaker 8: Of the stage. That's a good idea, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: The front on the set list. It's easy, but every set list we put it on just in case I forget.
Speaker 8: That's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't admit that, okay, But you know, times you can be so tired you just kind of forget where you are when you do. Where do you put the song? Where do you put whisky on you in your setlist?
Speaker 12: We put it last. So sometimes I'll just go like, should we just skip the whole encore thing? Everybody just play the song and they're like, yeah, so cool. No on car, are you afraid if you played it first?
Speaker 11: People?
Speaker 2: What about playing it twice? I'm a big advocate of you play well even on even like acoustically at the begin, like the second song, and then at the end you full band rock it out because people are there to I know, I gotta know you got a new album and you want to play all the new songs obviously, but think about that. That's given the people what they want. Garth Brooks done play any new stuff, he doesn't. Nate Smith, would you play something new from the record? Just give me a little bit? And I was going through just kind of looking at the different songs and listen to them. Could you give me a little bit of I Found You, I Got You, which is from the record. I want you guys to check out his record. It's Nate Smith. That the name is Nate Smith of the album and this is I Found You brand new stuff right now and that's a good one too. I like that. I like you singing it live too. That's my favorite on the record. And there are twenty songs. There's a lot of songs here to me a while to get through it.
Speaker 12: There's a little surprise though, and we have actually we're dropping six extra songs the day of the album, so we're going to just do the deluxe the same day and just go for it and have twenty six out right away.
Speaker 2: Well, we're in a time machine, Nate, because I know we're recording this today, but this is airing after your album comes out. So now just say we put six more out.
Speaker 8: Put six more.
Speaker 2: We did it, we did it, We pulled the curtain back, and now our audiences are all idiots, myself included. That's all right. So there are twenty six songs now, twenty six? Wow? And why why do that all at once?
Speaker 12: Just well, there was a lot of demand for one of the songs on socials called World on Fire, and they were going crazy, like it's actually become a joke, like I will be ninety years old by the time the song comes out, Like all sorts of like funny memes and stuff. It's been a whole thing so I'm like, let's just sent back the label. I'm like, we got to do this.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, give me, give me a little bit of this new song that you just mentioned here. I know you're not ready to sing at acapella.
Speaker 5: It's a you send My World on Fire.
Speaker 8: Yeah, songlong done.
Speaker 12: It's like kind of like that, Hey, I get it. Yeah, it's probably not even the right key. I just threw it out there. It was it really no way.
Speaker 2: He's surprised that he nailed there. We're gonna take a break, come back with Nate Smith. The new album's out today. It's Nate Smith. The album is called Nate Smith. I want to play a little bit of this song called sleeve. Nate's got a new album, this called Nate Smith. And this is track fourteen. Here is sleeve, Weird Mann sleeve. That's a good one, man. I like that sleeve.
Speaker 11: That's good.
Speaker 2: That's good. You are a great songwriter, and you wrote over half of the songs on the record. But being such a good songwriter, I can always appreciate when you take other songs from other people as well, because it's just kind of like an homage to the art, because you know how hard it is yourself. How did you the songs that you didn't write? Like, what about them made you go, oh, this is one of the ones we want to cut. Because I'm assuming he had one hundred sent to you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm always looking for songs constantly. When someone sends me a song, I'm like, send me your whole folder and I'll just I'll go through all of them, you know. But I just felt like either something in my life connected with it, or it just felt right for me sonically and stuff like that, but mostly just like there's something special about it that I was like, that's that's it.
Speaker 2: I want to play better Boy because this is one of the ones, yeah, that was sent to you and that I like, So tell me about this song on why you chose this one.
Speaker 12: Taylor Phillips sent it over to me, a songwriter here in town. He wrote it with Hardy and they sent me like a little voice memo and I listened to it and it was just it was one of the things that was as ros it gets.
Speaker 8: And I listened through it once and I was like, this is it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just knew here is Nate Smith and here's some love. Better Boy be.
Speaker 10: The it's two mamas perks, never let him things somewhere.
Speaker 8: There's a bit of boom.
Speaker 11: It's a good one.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like you're super derivative of anybody else, but I always like to find like vocally or like maybe not even influences, but kind of who you remind me of. And it's a little bit of Lee Bryce, not a lot, but a little bit of Lee Bryce and a little bit of like seven Mary three. Remember this song cumbersome. Oh wow, Okay, it's like a grits, like an alternative. You have, like an alternative but pure country sound that I don't really feel like anybody else in Nashville has. And that's a really weird reference of Seven Mary three, a band from the nineties. But there's like a there's like a gravel tone that is still sincere in country in that. And when I say that you want to punch me or hug.
Speaker 8: Me, I want to hug you.
Speaker 2: I want to make it thank you.
Speaker 12: It means a lot because I think that's the big thing, is like you just got to be yourself whatever that is, and if it works, it works.
Speaker 8: If it doesn't it doesn't, But just you know, just be yourself.
Speaker 2: You're opening on the Home Team Tour twenty three with Thomas Rht and Cole Swindell. So you haven't started that though yet, right, it's.
Speaker 8: The r Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you know those dudes at all? Those bad dudes right now? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Bad dudes. Yeah, bad dudes.
Speaker 2: Stay away from them. They're both trouble.
Speaker 8: They're bad.
Speaker 2: It's like two of the best dudes in country music like to be on tour with, and so that's super exciting for you to do that.
Speaker 12: You met Cole where I met him? Met Critters one time? What is that the play the Critters?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Uh at the Graduate the downstairs a little area where there's like Chuck E Cheese characters and then like.
Speaker 8: Their styles drunk. What is Critter?
Speaker 2: Is it a bar?
Speaker 8: It's a little bar. Yeah. Oh, look at you.
Speaker 2: You're hanging out with bars like you know, cool guys now hanging out with the other country stars off.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to hear this song Wreckage. I haven't heard it performed live yet at all. It's on the new album called Nate Smith Nate's Here. Can you guys do that one for me? Special requests?
Speaker 8: Absolutely? Right?
Speaker 2: Here we go Nate Smith and Wreckage on The Bobby Bone Show. On Nate Smith, it's a great song and great performance. Good job boys, Oh you guys, great job, and you got a heck of a mustache going man. You're like, yeah, I mean yeah, Nate introduced us to mustache Johnson over there.
Speaker 8: We call him Sancho, so I don't know, we'll just call him stand like a cop nighber.
Speaker 2: Some Yeah, I mean it's a huge mustache, you guys. Great job the whole band today. Nate congratulates.
Speaker 12: We love you man and really appreciate all the support guys on the show and everything that means the world to me and.
Speaker 2: Everybody check out Nate Smith, the person and the record both and if you were to name the bonus record, you would name it what Nathan Smith? Sooney, I guess Nathan Smith's That's right, all right, Nate Smith.
Speaker 11: Everybody? Do you guys?
Speaker 2: Follow him? Nate Smith on Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan Number.
Speaker 3: Two, Lunchbox and his prank calls. This week, he decided to prank call a claw machine company after a story came out about a kid getting stuck in a claw machine, so he pretended like he got stuck in a claw machine and he called the customer service line. I was like, yo, I got stuck, please come save me.
Speaker 1: And he did get them.
Speaker 3: And I told Mike Z on part one that this prank call reminds me of the Grinch movie where he prank calls Cindy Lu's house and is like, is you a refrigerator running? That's what this segment reminds me of. So if you want a good laugh or you like the Grinch, this song not song, this segment is gonna definitely make you laugh.
Speaker 1: Number four, Let's go around the room.
Speaker 2: He called Eddie out for eating rotten eggs last week and he loved her. We live as high school days. That's when he peaked. Here he is, let's talk everybody.
Speaker 5: Oh, last week we had a story about some kid getting stuck in a claw machine, like and they had to you know, get him out with the fire departments.
Speaker 2: Where they grabbed the toys. Yeah, I was that noise you did like the claw like, Yeah, it sounds like a wrecking ball.
Speaker 11: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Oh well I went ahead and did it, and I like, I was stuck in a claw machine and I called a call company.
Speaker 2: So you called the Claw company saying I'm stuck in the claw machine. Got it?
Speaker 11: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling.
Speaker 5: I need you guys to I see your number on the side of the machine.
Speaker 8: I need help.
Speaker 5: I'm inside the claw machine.
Speaker 7: Did you say you're stuck in the claw machine?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I saw a tickle an Elmo like an elbow, not tickle me Elmo, but an Elmo doll. And I saw it and I was like, oh, my kids would love that. And I decided I was going to try to climb up in the clall machine. And now I'm stuck inside the machine. I need you to get me out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I need someone to help.
Speaker 5: Hell man, I'm in the machine.
Speaker 7: Okay, what store are you stuck at?
Speaker 5: I'm at the bowling Alley on the east side. Do I should I break that? Do you want me to break the glass?
Speaker 2: I can?
Speaker 8: I can kick it out.
Speaker 5: No, no, please don't do that.
Speaker 7: Please don't get it.
Speaker 5: I'm stuck inside the machine.
Speaker 8: How do I get out?
Speaker 7: I understand?
Speaker 6: Listen?
Speaker 7: Can I put you on a brief hold?
Speaker 2: Put me on hold.
Speaker 8: I'm in the machine.
Speaker 5: Just send someone to help me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm working on that.
Speaker 8: Short listen, Just I'm going to put you on a brief hold.
Speaker 7: I'll be back with you momentarily.
Speaker 5: Don't forget about me.
Speaker 2: What's that are your home music?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that their whole music?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, sir, are you there?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 11: I'm in the claw machine.
Speaker 7: Someone, thank thank you for holding.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to come back on the line and let you know I did contact someone there absolutely ally, And.
Speaker 1: They don't see you.
Speaker 5: Did they come to the claw machine?
Speaker 8: They looked and they don't see you there?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, because I'm not in the claw machine.
Speaker 8: I got you.
Speaker 7: All right, Okay, have a nice day, sir.
Speaker 2: You did get it. I like that, you did get it.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 12: I like that one.
Speaker 8: I don't know, guys, what what do you mean? I mean, he's like a forty year old man.
Speaker 2: I know he got it out, but did you hear her he got it though? I like that.
Speaker 8: I like that one.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week With Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, we finally got to hear about ray Mundo's trip in Las Vegas. After a week's of hearing the build up, finding out what was gonna happen, Who was gonna go with them? This whole thing Raymundo went and saw Sam Hunt and Las Vegas, and he came back with a full report, his favorite things about the weekend, the things that he saw, his experience with Sam, just all of it, which is basically in this segment what we heard is ray Mundo's love for Sam Hunt.
Speaker 11: Number three.
Speaker 2: I want to get over to Raymundo who went to Vegas to see Sam Hunt this weekend. Boy, A lot of build up on this, but was it worth it? Oh? Yeah, you want my top five?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So you go see Sam. He's playing those two shows. He did two shows in Vegas?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 2: Did you have decent seats?
Speaker 6: The seats we ended up getting were right next to the ones that we already had bought, So that was kind of confusing.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I know, Oh.
Speaker 6: Man, and we sat right next to the marketing or the label people. Oh okay, I'm showing so I'd got to be tame. You got the seats, Okay, you got industry seats?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that makes sense. Okay, one drink limit there?
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: When I got people sitting right next to me that you put on your cell correct, I know it was fun. You seemed drunk though before.
Speaker 8: Oh dude, I was led.
Speaker 2: I just take an hour nap, but then I was recharging, good to go. So it looks like you went to meet Sam. Yeah, okay, I don't want this is your top five. I'm gonna I don't wanna spoil it that is in there. Yeah. Number five raymondo Top five moments from Sam Hunt this weekend.
Speaker 6: The whole weekend. This is shocking good and bad things. Number five Gavin de Grau randomly held up our plane and we were delayed for a whole hour. What do you mean held it up like a bank robbery, something with his dog's paperwork or something like a service dog on the flight. Yeah dog, okay, Yeah, dog's fine, but held up the plane.
Speaker 11: He didn't have the right paperwork to get it on the plane, is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Dog getting out a passport or something. That's what that's when you release in the airport. See any other side.
Speaker 9: Buddy, Yeah, that's so interesting.
Speaker 2: Number four. The Sam concert reminded me how huge this dude is.
Speaker 6: It was a resorts world. He could have sold out five of those. He could have done the football stadium, he could have done definitely more shows.
Speaker 8: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people stood the entire time. Yeah, next up, Number three.
Speaker 6: I saw one of the greatest basketball players ever, Alan Iverson, five feet away from him.
Speaker 2: I was videoing.
Speaker 6: Security came over, tried to give me to delete the video. I ran, so I got the video in this show. It was Casino next door and you went that close to record him. Yeah, I knew you want to say back, and they just zoom in.
Speaker 2: Uh no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: I wanted to be right next to him, and there was a lot of profanities, so no audio profanity from who me. I was saying F word, Alan Iverson, F word, Alan Iverson.
Speaker 2: That's funny, weird a chance, Yeah, it really was. He just sometimes in the moment, you never know what.
Speaker 8: You're gonna do.
Speaker 11: Any acknowledgment that he wave.
Speaker 2: All his security did. I had like five of them in my face, and by wave, he meant they almost tackled him. Number two.
Speaker 6: Number two, we had to pay taxes because Baser hit another slot for one point six thousand.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 2: One, it's not called one point six thousand, it's sixteen hundred bucks and two. That's awesome.
Speaker 8: She had another one the same machine.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we're bouncing around, but yeah, she ended up blowing up three casinos while we were there.
Speaker 9: She's good.
Speaker 2: She blew him up how much?
Speaker 6: She hit another one for a thousand, and then playing at Hollywood was six hundred. So she hit three slots. Yeah, I said, all three of those are gonna have to close unfortunately if you worked there.
Speaker 2: So she won her for three thousand dollars in slots, correct taxes on one of them. Three point one thousand.
Speaker 11: Wow, that's so greazy.
Speaker 2: The number we had one, yeah, go ahead, number one moment Raymond from Sam Hunt.
Speaker 6: The meet and greet was more than a meet and greet. Usually it's a picture, you shake their hand. They made it special for me.
Speaker 2: I timed it.
Speaker 6: I was there for three and a half minutes talking to him my wife. I gave him advice. He told me kind of about his life. We squeezed it all in in three and a half minutes. What advice should give him?
Speaker 2: I go, well, I just told him.
Speaker 6: I said, first of all, I told him he's alleged and I don't want him to forget that. And then I said, dude, you paved the way for walling Luke Combs. That was you, and he goes, thanks man, And then I said, you stepped away at the height of your career, and he said he was overwhelmed. Why was the picture cut in half that you posted and you cut somebody out because somebody decided to put some random sweepstakes winners in the picture.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't even really know these people.
Speaker 11: They made you take a picture of you.
Speaker 2: I don't even know who did that. I don't know exact believe. Why didn't you just go ahead? No, I want to go on by myself. Should have done that? Yeah, should have done that.
Speaker 11: It was weird.
Speaker 2: Ray like cut the picture off halfway out and saw like Sam's arm his right arms, not even the picture. I'm like, Sureley's cut somebody out there.
Speaker 8: You can see the other person's shirt, a little bit of Flanel there.
Speaker 2: Ray Howard, your trip one through ten, dude, it was a freaking ten.
Speaker 11: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Eddie believes he has what he calls a genius parenting strategy that he's now going to start doing on Sundays. This weekend is the first time he's going to do it, but he pitched it on the show this week and was like, guys, this is genius. I think everybody should do it. He hasn't even tried it yet, but we're going to get an update later on. You can hear this strategy, so you know what's going to come after the update.
Speaker 9: Let's say your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Maybe you do this all. Maybe this might just be your generic parenting strategy and you're just really chill. But we got Eddie who is known to be a helicopter dad. So him pitching this strategy that he's got, which he calls no parenting Sundays, is a bit interesting.
Speaker 2: Number two, he's he got four boys, I'm singing a song. Before the song yeah, and he dads them, well, brace yourself, droom.
Speaker 8: Check this out. No, it's genius. Go ahead.
Speaker 10: So I'm thinking about starting parenting Sunday. No, no parenting Sunday. Big difference, big difference. This means on Sunday we take the day off as parents.
Speaker 8: We just chill. No parenting. And I'm not saying like, don't feed our kids.
Speaker 2: Don't hang out with them, get other people to watch them.
Speaker 10: No, No, I'm just saying, don't like, teach them lessons, don't get mad at them for doing something.
Speaker 8: Just chill.
Speaker 10: Hey, as long as they're not breaking windows, it's a okay, Why did this come to your mind? Because I'm exhausting. I mean, dude, Monday Friday, so every day of the week, I'm exhausted.
Speaker 2: What was that part of the deal though, Like you had two boys already, then you adopted two more, so you knew what was happening here.
Speaker 10: Sure, but when Sunday comes around, it I want to do nothing. I want to watch TV, I want to hang out. So I talked to my wife about it. She said, that's a great idea. Let's just do no parenting Sunday and we just chill.
Speaker 2: So tell me how this would work in your mind. You wake up in the morning, do you okay? Boys, wake up up? We've made your breakfast.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you want to eat it?
Speaker 11: Eat it?
Speaker 8: You don't want to eat it, don't eat it?
Speaker 2: But you still make it though.
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course. I mean I'm still feeding my kids. I'm still bean the provider. I'm I'm just not parenting it.
Speaker 2: And it's like, hey, whatever to eat? Do you eat it? Don't eat it? Sure? Eat everybody else's Yeah, it's like dogs.
Speaker 8: That's fine. I mean, don't throw food at each other, but just no, don't be parenting them now, no lessons.
Speaker 9: Wait, so are they aware that it's no parenting or you just kind of do it?
Speaker 8: No, I'm just gonna do it. I'm not gonna tell them. Okay, no, heads up?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're not like you're free, because then they really go crazy hand God, as they say, So they eat and then they're like, all.
Speaker 8: Right, what do we do? Whatever you want to do? Man to go outside?
Speaker 9: Do y'all? What about church? Do they get a choice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I hate we're going to church. You guys want to come? What if they go no, they'll come now?
Speaker 2: What if they go no?
Speaker 8: Then you have to watch on TV?
Speaker 2: Sounds like parenting?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, it's I want to put it on TV. You can watch it. You like parenting.
Speaker 9: I don't know. I just feel like this is like I don't know. It seems like you have to be pretty loose with things, because then what if the youngest one is like, I don't I'm the one that doesn't want to go. Who watches?
Speaker 2: Well, y'all all go.
Speaker 8: To church, you guy, guys. We haven't perfected this yet. It's just it's in beta.
Speaker 2: As they say, I like that it's a beta version, no parenting Sunday. Yeah, okay, So let's say we take church out of the equation. You come back in the afternoon. Sure, they're probably hungry, Okay, do they make their own lunch?
Speaker 8: I made sandwiches, you did, Okay?
Speaker 2: Cool? And so there where are they sitting right there on the.
Speaker 8: Table right they're there. I don't like ham, Well, you don't have to eat it. It's up to you. But I made ham sandwiches. They're right there.
Speaker 11: You just let it be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, But then what about between lunch and dinner When that's a big gap you gotta fill.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna be watching golf or something.
Speaker 5: What the album out?
Speaker 8: You guys, deal with it. Just deal with it, because usually what happens was like, oh, so and so hit me, Oh my god, so and so threw all my toys. You guys figure this out. Don't bring me a mom into it. We're chilling.
Speaker 2: So this is similar but not the same. Amy too when you would do like I don't say no Sundays.
Speaker 8: Oh yesterday whatever, yes day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's ridiculous because that's you letting them pick what they want to do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but there was boundaries yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm just saying they got to make decisions for the most part.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it was really fun, like they got to I know. Really what it was too was I started saying yes to more things that normally I'd be like, oh, like, do I want to go canoe across the lake for two hours? My son? No, but it was yesterday, so I had to also say yes to things that they wanted to do or that they found exciting.
Speaker 2: It's similar, but not the same. I feel like yours a little more responsible. Amy as you're there and you're parenting doing stuff with that. Eddie is just letting the animals out and saying chilling, Hey, horses, the gates open, taking the day off, go run And your wife's down for this.
Speaker 8: She's down. She wants to try it.
Speaker 5: Are we sure?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: When will you do the.
Speaker 2: First no parenting Sunday this week?
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm in awesome.
Speaker 9: Keep us posted.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to stress you out more than if you were parenting.
Speaker 8: Well, it's gonna take I think growing pains.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: I want to see them do something. We're like, I want to say something, but I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: So then we will check in early next week and see on no parenting Sunday win.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Monday comes around and you just whip back into the back at it.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Monday comes Around's like, I haven't seen my kids in a day where they go. Have you got to see them?
Speaker 9: I feel like if it goes well, no parenting Monday, Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Maybe no parenting week for free What do you call kids that range? Free range chickens and kids?
Speaker 8: Oh, just let them, let them roam, let them roam.
Speaker 9: The opposite of helicopter. Which this is so crazy because Eddie is a helicopter.
Speaker 2: Well, but I'm exhausted being hell helicopter going to round six days a week. Apparently it's a day for maintenance. Okay, no parenting Sunday. Edie's gonna try it this week. I feels like a terrible idea unless your kids are responsible enough to do something good with it. Are they?
Speaker 8: I don't know yet. We we're gonna find out.
Speaker 2: If you were Vegas, with the odds behind.
Speaker 10: The Vegas odds would probably be a plus yeah, probably plus five hundred that they'd be smart, that they would be smart and have a great day.
Speaker 2: That means okay, so not be smart, not have a good day.
Speaker 9: I don't know the deal because Eddie was a foster parent and then they adopt it. But like with my adoption agency, I have to submit reports every year. We do every every year. We have to like give an update day pay and so yeah, I don't know if Eddie just child Services don't check it.
Speaker 8: We don't do that.
Speaker 2: Him now, right, Okay, good luck Eddie.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, A big reveal happened on the show this week. After months of hearing all about the storage unit that Bobby and Lunchbox bought together as like their first business venture, we finally found out what was actually all in that storage unit. You know, we told you guys back when this first happened that we couldn't tell you about some of the products, We couldn't share it on any level because there was just some security things that we were concerned about. And well, we finally got to hear everything and why there was some security concerns, what they actually think might be behind some of these items in the storage unit. So big reveal, and this is the update of all updates that you kind of needed for this week.
Speaker 2: Number one nervous about this segment, just because I guess of when we're doing it. I don't think I ever felt good about it.
Speaker 8: But we.
Speaker 2: Got our money together and Lunchbox and I bought a storage unit, and not an empty one, one where somebody had not paid their bill. So then the auction it off and they just show you a picture from outside of it, but they don't tell you exactly what's in it. And so we made a deal. I'd pay for seventy five percent of it, he'd pay for twenty five percent, and then he would do the selling. Now that was this whole story by its side, and we made a lot of money. We made a decent amount of money, but we lost a lot of money too, mishaps along the way. But we would never talk about what else was in it. So, hey, can you blow us?
Speaker 8: No, they blow us for just this part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'll let you decide what you want to share. So in the storage unit there were a lot of shoes, a lot of shoes, but there were also some clothes.
Speaker 11: Yeah, some clothes.
Speaker 2: What happened to those?
Speaker 11: I donated them. I mean, what you're gonna do with them?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sell them? I'm all good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, there was one with a jacket that I was like, oh, this will definitely give us away, like it had like a we.
Speaker 8: Don't say what head on? Oh yeah, yeah, they'll say then now it's about to give you up?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 8: Generically speaking, let's just.
Speaker 5: Say that my wife and I went and she was so excited because we used to watch stores work. So she went with me to empty the locker. And we're so excited, so excited, and we start going through the box and she immediately goes, I don't like to see more. I don't like to see more, and backed away.
Speaker 8: And there were.
Speaker 5: Two different types of boxes of bullets. One had eight missing, one had seven missing, and I'm.
Speaker 11: Like, where did they go? Like, well, what were they used for? And then there was a silencer.
Speaker 8: That's all The laser not good.
Speaker 2: Exactly. This is why we did share.
Speaker 5: Oh that's what I thought immediately.
Speaker 11: Why do you think I was scared out of my mind?
Speaker 2: We you sald shoes? What you want? Yeah, with a laser and then missing bullets and.
Speaker 11: You know, and there was burner.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, work for maybe you got it, you know, like a I don't know, even a miracle. We're going to the CIA or something.
Speaker 8: In a storage unit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was definitely two burner phones, and it had a charger and I thought about plugging it in, but then I got too scared.
Speaker 8: Yeah I do it, were too scared.
Speaker 2: Where are the phones now? I don't know where the stuff is? I never even wanted to where the phones now.
Speaker 5: I still believe I have the phones, still believe you have.
Speaker 11: I'm just I mean, maybe we can.
Speaker 2: We can really prank some people with those unknown numbers.
Speaker 9: What if you plug it in and it rings?
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: No, listen, here's my thing is if they didn't pay the bill for their storage locker, they didn't pay the bill.
Speaker 9: For the phone, or maybe they didn't pay it because there.
Speaker 11: And their flip phone.
Speaker 2: But it's burner phone, so maybe it's a prepaid bull in oh boy, where you don't have to pay it as it goes, because it's how they wouldn't track, and so you just.
Speaker 11: Have a certain amount of minutes. And I still got minutes on it and I just hit last call.
Speaker 2: You call nine hundred numbers all day long?
Speaker 8: Maybe oh man?
Speaker 11: Yeah, So I still feel weird.
Speaker 9: About that it didn't get paid because he's dead. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: My wife and I had that conversation in the storage were like, either person's dead or in prison or on the run.
Speaker 11: Yeah, one of the three.
Speaker 5: And that's when we decided we didn't like it anymore, or she did.
Speaker 4: I was still in so where's the silencer? They go, they're gone, they go the river, the river fer But.
Speaker 8: It's not with you.
Speaker 11: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: You don't have it, you don't own it anymore.
Speaker 8: Now a dumpster.
Speaker 2: Hey, I wouldn't. I wanted to do the same reason as he didn't want it.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 5: I thought about selling it, and then I was like, that's a bad idea.
Speaker 2: So bullets, a silencer with a laser? Wow, burn her phones, charger.
Speaker 8: Shoes. I've always wanted to try silencer. No, no, ye, like in the movies.
Speaker 2: Anything else we want to share? Are we good there?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 11: I think that's it, guys.
Speaker 8: Nothing else, No, nothing.
Speaker 2: Anything else we don't feel we need to say. I'm just gonna say that, So that's all. We're gonna share it, and then we're not gonna mention this anymore. It's not gonna be a running joke.
Speaker 11: We're gonna keep silent.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put those sounds on our mouth after this and if there is anything, we will not share it. What else, but that's the deal. It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: All Right, y'all, that's it for me this weekend. It's been fun hanging out with y'all. Please go check out Best Bits Part one with Mike D.
Speaker 9: You will love it.
Speaker 3: You also learn about a new allergy that I have and something that we think was so frustrating as a kid, and now it's a bummer because kids today will never get to experience it. And I know we're in our well, he's in the thirties. I'm about to be thirty. We're in our thirties and you know already complaining because that's what happens when you get older, right, I think that's what I've learned. Anyways, have a good weekend.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 3: Please come follow me out well girl Morgan, I'd love to hang out with y'all and you can, you know, tell me your thoughts opinions on different things. Just please be nice whatever you do. I love seeing and hearing from you guys. But also make sure you follow the show at Bobby Bone Show. Bye everybody.
Speaker 1: M