Speaker 1: Man, that video was fucking amazing.
Speaker 2: Dude, did you guys watch your first day?
Speaker 1: That's why I got it.
Speaker 3: I got home for that crazy fucking fire thing, and I was like, oh shitk new letomar video.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I came home basically, like I was saying, I was burnt from just hanging out in the sun all day and I was just laying down and I remember I knew it. Everyone was like, did you watch it? Did you watch him? Like, I'm gonna do that now, And I made my baby watch too, because it's an important moment in history, is as West Coast you know, la people, And uh yeah, it was just fucking yeah. I was just I couldn't like be more giddy watching every single thing, trying to pick it apart. Also, like I was watching all these threads of like a lot of the dancing he was doing obviously, like he was doing like the Hotlon bling like guitar Drake shit that like Drake does. Kendrick was doing that. And there's another way he was doing some shit like this with his fingers and another person like that's from a TikTok video where he's like dancing with like a child. Dude, I saw that good.
Speaker 2: How crazy is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Hello the Internet and welcome to three. I said three forty six. I meant to say season three forty six. It's season three forty six, Episode one of the Daily Data, the Daily Guys. Look, I've had coffee on an empty stomach and I've been just watching the Not Like Us video on a loops. I'm a little bit gassed up. Okay, Uh. It's still a production of iHeartRadio. It's still the podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. It's Monday, July the eighth, twenty twenty four. This is the episode where we tell you what was trending over the weekend. I'm obviously Miles G in The Place to Be, and I am joined by my co host, my guest co host, part of my cohort, m O rt B in the Place to Be, Mort Burke. Welcome, Mort Burke, Thank you for joining me.
Speaker 3: What's up, dude? Thanks for having me. Man, it's like to be here. Yeah, this is fun.
Speaker 2: Happy h four days since the Kendrick video drop.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, d day plus four I think is what we call that. Yeah, it's everybody in you know, everybody in town. They they're loving the video, they're loving parsing through all the visuals. I mean that goes without saying. I think one of the big things that trended at least music was the Kendrick Lamar not Like Us video. Uh, it's amazing. I recommend people watch it. Uh yeah, it's it's it's just a it's a perfect response. And it was like he's doing too much and it's like he's he hasn't even been really talking publicly. He just does. He just makes big events out of it.
Speaker 3: He's actually doing a relatively small amount of stuff. It's just so well done that it's talked about at an incredible.
Speaker 2: Level because it's such powerful stuff.
Speaker 3: When the drake look like gets pull yanked away space for because that was truly to me, that's the part of the video that's truly frightening.
Speaker 2: That's like the creepiest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I wasn't expecting wire stunts like the Matrix or like Crouching Tiger, but the way that goon and the bottle and the in the sisty was trying to creep up on Kendrick and got sh look because sometimes just have to pop out, you know. But we are certified Boogeyman because we used to pick our buggers as kids. That's the closest we'll get to that one. But let's talk about what is going on in our lives. This is the Trending episodes, so we'll tell you what's going on. But first we got to catch up with things that are underrated and overrated in our lives. Moret guest goes first, what's something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sarah, you know, oh underrated? I got a fun one. Underrated the moon?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, go on a people are talking about the moon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The moon is a silvery spaceship that exists in thy hundreds millions of miles away from us. I'm no scientist, A very far away that just floats in space and gives a silvery romantic light, changes shape throughout the month gave us. The calendar is like a perfect metaphor for romance and awe and joy boy.
Speaker 2: We should just talking about the moon.
Speaker 3: I'm saying thank you twenty three seven thousand miles I said hundreds of.
Speaker 1: My twenty three seven two thirty Yeah you got hey, I'm out here, I'm out here in these streets twenty three seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm whatever the opposite of a of a physicist is, but anyway, yeah, that's mine under age.
Speaker 1: Did you have like a moment where you like looked at me? My god, damn man, look sleeping on the moon.
Speaker 3: I'm a fair, fair skinned gentleman, and the sun can be a lot for me. So I've always been in what I call a night boy and I love I love the moonlight, dude. I just feel better at night. It's it's peaceful, it's I just love the nighttime.
Speaker 1: I love the mood. And tell me you've never danced with the devil in the night. I just want to make sure. I just want to make sure. Yeah, the moon fantastic. I love it whenever it does that thing where it looks a lot bigger to our eye and then you try and take a picture of it on your phone and your phone's like, fuck out of here, You're stupid. It's an optical illusion. It's not that fucking big. And I'm like, ah, I thought I was gonna show my mom something really cool.
Speaker 2: But does this thing on.
Speaker 3: The West coast too or more so than I noticed anywhere else where. As it comes up from the horizon, it is it looks giant, like huge and yellow, orange or whatever stuff. It feels like you're in a really interesting sci fi movie when that happens.
Speaker 1: My underrated dioramas. Okay, now hear me out because I know this is a hot take a bit by a diorama. They're basically the Dollhouse of historical displays, you know what I mean. Like they're intricate. They give you a real slice of life, an entire tiny world contained in an enclosure a fraction of its true size. So I love history. It's what my semi useless degree is in. And growing up I loved going to likeic history museums, looking at all the items and imagining how they were used. And I can't believe, like a fucking so and so is this. I can't believe the British government stole this and won't give it back. That's so tight to me. But the dioramas I loved. If if a history museum ever had like a sort of in action diorama moment that was so much more engaging because you got to see how like everything actually was used, like a piece of equipment or a ceremonial outfit whatever. And so recently I went to the Natural History Museum in La Uh and my little baby fucking lost it looking at the dioramas because they have of like all the different animals. They have like a like an African mammal exhibit and like a North American mammal exhibit, and they're all like these great scenes like where it's fucking full size elephants, a giraffe, you know, fucking lowland gorillas, everything like in all these different dioramas, and in that one, like it's great because at a zoo you can't get like super close and be like I'm three feet away looking at like what a entire like a gray wolf's body face looks like, and they're moving. You can't always like get the same level of simulation. But with like my kid, he just pulled right up and he just like was just pointed, was like ah. I was like yeah, man, I'm like they and they don't move and they won't hurt you, so like just enjoy it. Also whenever I don't know if this was like standard, like you remember like in elementary school when you first start doing book reports, was there ever did you have like a creative component you also had to do so like you had to do a book report plus like a poster or a mobile or a diorama. I don't know if this tracks. This might be unique to my school.
Speaker 2: I think if I went to a better school, I think that probably would have happened.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a wonderful kind of education or like just please read the book, dude.
Speaker 1: Please, yeah, or anything you want. I remember, I would like every time if the diorama was the option, I was making a diorama. I fucking suck at like crafts, Like crafting is not my fucking forte at all, But I always wanted to do a diorama and I would always get so bummed out because like there were kids whose parents clear really fucking helped them make them, And I'm like, yes, my mom won't let me use a hot glue gun, so it's scotch tape and shitty gluestick stuff in here.
Speaker 3: Also, like, is your dad a diorama expert? How did they make these incredible spostures?
Speaker 1: I think just people are craftier and my mom's super crafty. But she was also like, you have to live and fail on your own, you know what I mean? Like those are the like you you need to fuck up, to learn, to be inspired, to want to do better, because if I keep, if you keep you know, auditioning it to me, like John Stockton, I'm not gonna be a.
Speaker 2: Please Kendrick references.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also a side note, you your beautiful little child business made us sound like an adorable little Frankenstein When.
Speaker 1: He's I'm trying to like figure like you know, it's comes out like boo or a bird, because he like everything's a bird now except for the you know, or for dogs. He just goes. Also another reference to the Kendrick. You showed him the video and he was like, we connated, okay, so yeah he got a battle wrap.
Speaker 2: He's trying to uh diss other little babies.
Speaker 1: I know, for someone who could barely lead normal walk, he can crip walk with the best of them. I thought he was. It's because I show him a lot of ot Genesis videos. You know there was a period.
Speaker 3: Where there was all those foreign babies who are really good at dancing.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that.
Speaker 3: It'd be like there's like from Different we need we do need a little baby crip walk.
Speaker 1: We need baby crip walk video. I mean, yeah, where's that? What? Gah Kendrick does. If there's a kids bop. Look, there was the kids Bop version of Not Like Us, so there's got to be the kids bob video version.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, there was. There was a kid's bop version of wop.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's all.
Speaker 2: Wings and Pizza. It was called that's we are Not Protecting.
Speaker 1: It was oh wow, wow, okay.
Speaker 3: Because when those kids grow up and they if that's like a like a sweet little part of your childhood. And then you grow up and you learn what the original song was, don't you feel a little bit betrayed.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna look at wings and pizza the fucking same way at all.
Speaker 2: Ruined wings and pizza for you.
Speaker 1: Certified lover boy, certified tattletale, it's like one of them, because a lot of people did their own, uh sort of parody kids bop versions. Anyway, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: In and out? Go on, in and out. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: First of all, they have the politics of Chick fil A, which means that they decided, hey, we make hamburgers, we should probably get to decide if gay people get married.
Speaker 2: That feels like a logical.
Speaker 1: Or split spread the word of God on every cup you you purchase.
Speaker 3: Even that I'm a little bit fine with because it's like, all right, I believe be live in your shit, but don't.
Speaker 2: Infringe on mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you four out of ten restaurant, that's what that's. Other things like, not only is it, there's their politics reprehensible. The food is like straight down the middle fine, and everybody acts like it's the greatest.
Speaker 2: All their French fries tastes like they were wet an hour ago.
Speaker 1: They're like, hey, man, those fucking the fries you dropped in that bucket? How are they like? They're still in the sun. Man, give them like twenty more minutes. I think they'll be okay.
Speaker 2: Are you missing with these? With the with the machine and the grocery store that missed the vegetables like.
Speaker 1: A love pleasant way, I'm not gonna lie. I love a saggy fry. That's my whole thing. I'm depraved. Oh I love them, love them, love a fucking mushy, shitty, soggy fry. And I do love that about in and out is that you can order them to disrespect yourself, like like they call them light fries to get them super fucking soggy. But to your point, the burgers are not that great. The fries aren't that great. I mean animal fries great. It's like, well they put the toppings on the fries. But I think it's like one of those things too, where it's like just because shit is popping off in CALIFORNI or and You're like, it creates this mystique for everyone else. They're like, oh my god, dude, in and out the same thing with like, you know, any regional fast food, Like I'll build it up in my mind and then I have and I'm like, oh yeah, it's fucking it's just whatever.
Speaker 2: So that's a good point. It's probably the rarity of it.
Speaker 3: So like if you're vacationing here, you associate that with your fun beach time visits California.
Speaker 2: So it's like it's got the magic of Cali on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A friend of mine who like, like I grew up with in La he lives in Texas, and I'm like, dude, what about what a burger man? What about He's like, dude, He's like, it's fucking It's like a jack in the box man. And I was like, oh shit, because like people act like they'll fucking go to war for that. They're like, I don't know, man, I don't know what the fucking fuss is about. And I'm from shitty in and out Land, where we know what overrated shit is. So there's that, Yeah, overrated for me. Expensive popsicles hmm. You know, the warm weather means it is popsicle season. I like to I like to enjoy a popsicle here in there. And over the last few years, there's like I've seen such an explosion of like high minded popsicles on the market, and I gotta say it's the ones that are the cheapest are still truly the best ones. I don't mind if your thing has like organic fruit and or whatever. That's fine, like that's its own thing. But like a good popsicle is supposed to be filled with flavor that is so artificial that like we still have no idea what actual cherries taste like. And that's my thing. Like the ones that are like the orange and red swirled ones sometimes are like pineapple cherry. It depends on like they always say, it's like it's mango chair. Who knows who the fuck it is? Anyway, those are my favorite. That Otter pops with like going the plastic perfect, don't need anything else. Ten out of ten we start doing more. It's it's it's not necessary. I'm not to say that I won't enjoy a nice, new fangled popsicle or like a Paletta, which is obviously like probably the best version of a pop so we can get. But for me, you're going to the store, save your money, get whatever the store brand shitty ice on a stick candy is, because that's that's what tastes like summer to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I need the opposite of nutrients in my in my popsicles, you know what I mean. There's stuff like there's stuff chicken nuggets, what you know what I mean, tater tots.
Speaker 2: They just kind of don't.
Speaker 1: Need to be improved upon.
Speaker 3: They're like a simple taste that reminds you of your childhood, where you were, where you were being food neglected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, right, right right. It's like when when everything came out of a big plastic bag that had Tyson written on it. I used to eat so many like Tyson reformed chicken breast patties that were like Karaoki flavor, and I was like, man, this chicken's good. And then like as I got older, You're like, it's not even like those aren't real pieces of chicken that exist in the body. It's like reformed like rib meat. I'm like, well then great, h that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a Saw style horror show of yeah. Yeah, yeah, grotesque manipulation.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had a chicken rib though? Uh no, I don't think so. Okay, So there's there's like parts of the chicken, like a chicken back rib that you can that it's like probably one of the best parts, like most under I should have said this for my fucking underrated it's one of the most it's one of the most underrated parts of the chicken that like you can use. They like I went to a spot that was frying them, and they the way the meat comes right off the rib bone delicious. I don't know where. I mean, I guess you have to buy a whole chicken or whatever, but I'm sure you could probably, Like I don't I wonder how many butcher shops you go to, Like, hey, man, can I just get the rib cages?
Speaker 2: Is it a little tiny rib? It's a chicken sized rib?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just check my chicken ribs. Man, chicken ribs. I had them in Japan. In Japan because everything it really is, you know, the whole whole animal cookery or it's like, dude, there's meat on it. Figure out a way to individualize the ribs and make a little me a lot of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, you've never had anything as good as like a chicken head where you're like eating the cheeks or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, oh yeah, that's like the first time I had like a whole hog and they're like, no, man, it's the cheek, the fucking the face you want to eat. I'm like really, and then you like this that's yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like I wish I didn't know the specific kind of part of anatomy that this thing is.
Speaker 1: You got to you know, that's our responsibility. I gotta be like, I'm eating your face, and I'm okay with that.
Speaker 3: Working in restaurants, all the chefs were like super psychos. I turn around and they'd be like waving a pig's head in my face. I'm like, you're you're You're one step removed from like a true serial killer with this.
Speaker 1: Sh right, It's like, but my hours are so crushing. I don't even have time to be a cereal all I'm.
Speaker 2: On right now, like I can't. I'm on so much bad speed, I can't help.
Speaker 1: I don't know anymore. Yeah, tell hey, man, tell them, we're fucking closing the kitchen down in ten minutes. Man, I can't. I gotta go. All right, let's take a quick break. We're gonna be right back, and we're gonna talk about some news that's trending. And we're back. So all kinds many things happened over the weekend. Not only was we had Hurricane Beryl touchdown in Texas. I think millions of people are currently without power, So I hope everyone's doing okay as much as they can be given that situation. We also had a lot going on in the world of politics, obviously because the presidential election is nigh. So on, we'll start off with Trump, then we'll go to Biden, then we'll work our way around Trump. So on truth social aka lies that take about twenty seconds to depunk, debunk social thanks for the delivery to completely nail that. Trump posted that he knows quote nothing about Project twenty twenty five and thinks that some of it is quote rediculous and abysmal and when he's using words like abysmal, you know that's not really him writing, because he does not ever, I mean, I don't think he even uses that in terms of like his own legal jeopardy. But he also said I wish them luck and but I have nothing to do with them, which is very, very absurd. For those of you who I think, I mean, we feel like we've screamed enough about Project twenty twenty five, we are going to have an episode where we talk a little bit more in depth about it. This is like the Heritage Foundation's like road map of how they want to fundamentally change American governance and do away with many of the things we consider norms. And it's like just basically a fucking weird ass manifesto slash blueprint for you know, how they see things going when Trump takes the White House. Now, it's interesting that he says I have nothing to do with them, because Trump implemented nearly two thirds of the Heritage Foundation's policy recommendations in his first year as president. Not only that, his own fucking super pac has been screaming about it, so fuck out of here with all that, Donald Trump, and if you look at the people that are involved. At least seven RNC officials who are working on the party's platform quote in anticipation of Trump's second term in office, have connections to Project twenty twenty five. Russell Vott, who's not some you know auxiliary tertiary character on the Boys, was quote director of the Office of Management and Budget during Trump's administration. He wrote Project twenty twenty five's chapter on the Executive Office of the President. Gene Hamilton, who worked in Trump's Department of Justice and Department of Homeland Security, wrote Project twenty twenty five's policy proposals for the next Department of Justice. So Trump claiming not to know the people behind Project twenty twenty five is like Ringo saying he has no idea who Paul McCartney is. Never Yeah, if he wins, great love that for him, but I don't know him at all. And even Steven Miller teenage mutant Ninja Gebels. He is leading a legal group that is on Project twenty twenty five's advisory board, and obviously he was like the face of Trump's immigration policy. Miller also appears in a fucking ad for the Project twenty twenty five presidential administration Academy, which we had covered in a previous episode. So it's very, very interesting, and I think this probably comes on the heels of the president of the Heritage Foundation, Kevin Roberts. He went on Steve Bannon's podcast and said that the country was undergoing quote a second American Revolution that will be bloodless if the left allows it to be. And that's when you're like, ah, yes, many people like he said the quiet part out loud, which is basically, you want to reorder American society and fundamentally change it. So yeah, I think he's doing his best to be like, hey, you know, I don't know. I don't I guess that thing's bad. It's gonna be I don't know, I don't know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's and it's hilarious to be like, oh, I've never heard of this thing, but I hope it goes really really well.
Speaker 1: I would go, I have nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: I'm in full support of this thing.
Speaker 3: I have absolutely no knowledge or understanding about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they win, I'll be so happy for them, But I have nothing to do with it. That's okay, Okay. This does feel like part of like the campaign trying to address the constant attacks from Democrats about how the GOP is going to quote, you know, obviously fundamentally alter American governance of trumplins, which I believe is true. I think they could probably like it felt like with Project twenty twenty five, it was like part like, let's get our base excited and hopefully we can stay somewhat under the radar. But enough people have begun to talk about it that now I think if it's I think on some level they realize it's hurting them with independence and they're they're like that's probably also why Marco Rubio was also out here giving comments like this, being like, no, this is like that's think tank stuff, you know, think tanks that write the legislation that I take into the halls of Congress.
Speaker 3: Right right, which in their defense, I'm sure it is just they tell me what to do. But you know what I'm saying that they're like, oh, this is just the message from the boss. I don't even really pay attention to what goes behind the scenes. But also like, come on, man, you know exactly what's happening. Yeah, you totally appointed one of their people to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Like, let's not people, Yeah, are coming from the federalist society. They all work together again to completely alter you know, how things are done in this country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know it's important that women aren't able to drive, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's just these kind of really legislatives.
Speaker 1: And also like no fault divorces, man, We got to get rid of these. Man, it's just way too easy for somebody to leave you for being a shitty husband. Just don't like it.
Speaker 3: Don't like that's so funny because it's such like a divorced guy angry, like very divorced man thing to be.
Speaker 1: Like, we got to make.
Speaker 2: Sure they can't just leave us because they.
Speaker 1: Find out who we really are, right, It's like how like a lot of like erotic thrillers like in the eighties and nineties were clearly written about dudes about like made up women like and then she like bones me, but she's nasty and dangerous, like this is some divorced dudes fantasy in the script and this and so is this the Project twenty twenty five And a lot of the new planks of the party that they're trying to roll out are also fantasies of divorced weird guys. So anyway, I think it also like there's you also see Trump sort of like not he's being really wishy washy on things like a total abortion band and like like obviously the evangelical base like demands this, but I think it also helps Trump just like with him being like I don't know about Project twenty five twenty twenty five, to also be like in open conflict with people that are perceived as extremists, like that's good for his optics to be like, well not that far obviously, but but also like winking at them. He's like, no, I don't like what you're saying. Obviously, I don't think I think that's a bismil. Yes, that's no abysmal. Abysmal.
Speaker 2: So the person who uses three syllable words all the time, that's a bhizmail.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, it's abys mail. Uh. So, yeah, we will see where that's going. But yeah, there's definitely there is also like some infighting happening on the right part of it. I'm trying to I'm cynical about because this is what Republicans do. They come out with the most heinous, fucking version of their ideas as like a weather balloon, and when people go, Jesus fucking Christ, are you fucking seriously, like no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no. It's like just thirty percent of what we were saying. And then people like, oh, thank god, which is still fucking awful. But that's just how they kind of reset the Overton window for people's outrage. So yeah, we'll see, we'll see what happens. Well s the convention is soon, so we shall see. Moving on to Shoe Biden. So on the other side of the aisle, we have a guy that is literally holding on for dear life to save his campaign. Joe Biden had some crunch talks with Democratic governors, congress members, donors, fucking anyone that will listen to let them know that. As we were speculating, like is he going to be in? Is he out? What's he gonna do? He said at the end of last week and again this morning, he's like, I ain't going fucking anywhere. He wrote a letter to any of his A few of his detractors, specifically five members of the House on the Democratic side who have openly called for him to step down. Quote, we had a democratic nomination process and the voters have spoken clearly and decisively. The voters of the Democratic Party have voted, they have chosen me to be the nominee of the party. Do we now just say this process doesn't matter that the voters don't have a say, ah, babe, it was never that. It's not really. We were only left with one option. The DNC sort of things up to make sure that there was no one else that would run against you. So, I mean, I get I get that argument, but that's sort of not the situation we were put in. Everybody was saying like this, we need unity, we gotta stand behind the president. He's gonna do it again. And this is what is happening now. And meanwhile, like a number of Democratic lawmakers and major donors are grumbling behind the scenes and giving like anonymous comments saying that Joe should step down. So the energy, the appetite for him to reconsider his future is there. Whether or not that happens, we will see. It's it's still still early days for to understand what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, man, yep, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It's like, I don't know, it's just a very very strange, extremely odd and someone and of course somewhat frightening situation. That's what we got in our hands. And Bryan said, yeah, he said, only God can convince me not to run, which is risky. Yeah, that's what he's really dare in the universe.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm not a I'm not a god person, but those aren't those aren't good words for someone that is.
Speaker 3: The thing that could stop me would be a series of strokes.
Speaker 1: That's right, right, Yikes, yikes, yikes. Yeah, it's just it's like, to your point, it just feels it's fucking odd. It's unsettling for hearing to hear all this stuff about like this is the fucking election of our lives. This is the election of our lives. And it's like, don't worry, man, this guy that we're keeping together with Elmer's school school glue and fucking you know cheese, it's he's gonna fucking deliver this. It's just it. You just you can't help but be like, man, the DNC, you're really fucking up here, whether that was just going all in on Biden and scaring anyone away or not holding him to his own words when he was really saying it's like I'm not really here to stick around forever. I just want to create a bridge to a new generation of leaders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also like, you better bring this thing home, man, if you're like refusing to consider any other options that look to be more serviceable to the entire setry.
Speaker 1: And I think it's a little too easy for Democrats to be like, we just need someone else, because the problems that are facing the Democrats, or at least like the President in this next election are not just merely about who the candidate is. It's about what the party is standing for and what the policies are just across the board. So merely putting another person in I don't think I mean that that helps assuage a lot of people's fears about like is this person physically and mentally capable and executing the maintenance of the status quo and not really doing anything to move the needle forward. That's like its own thing. So they continue to wring their hands. But there is a plan that's been floating around DC, and it comes from two very seasoned Democratic optatives, Rosa Brooks and Ted Dintersmith. They've been floating this plan around DC for what they consider could be the optimal transition to another candidate in hold on to your butts, folks, because it's bat Well. I'll let you decide. I'll let you decide so quote. This is from NBC News. The proposal lays out several key steps, beginning with Biden announcing that he will exit the race in mid July in a quote speech for the Ages Jesus Christ quote overnight, Biden is hailed as a modern day George Washington, not an octogenarian clinging to power. With a thirty seven percent approval rating. This is from the fucking proposal from Goat to Hero, which is odd because like the way we use goat nowadays is that you want to be the goat. But I guess they've been like bad goat, You're a goat. Now now you want to be the hero. The next phase of the plan is quote a blitz primary, where prospective Democratic candidates submit their bids and delegate and delegates to the National demo Ccratic National Convention Ultimate and where they will ultimately narrow the list down to six contenders. This is where it gets really good, folks. The hypothetical accelerated primary would involve a massive social media content campaign to engage voters, including forums between the candidates moderated by celebrities like Oprah Winfrey, Taylor Swift, or Stephen Colbert. Brooks and Dinter Smith's vision ends with delegates voting on the final nominee at the DNC, which would theoretically benefit from boosted viewership and donations from the viral hype of the preceding Blitz primary. Rosa Brooks herself has conceded that she is not a political strategist, so this proposal, She's like, it's more of a living document. It's more of like a vibes thing, even though we're talking about something really serious like switching out the presidential candidate the zero fucking hour. But she said a lot of people have reacted positively, although a lot of people have all so said things like this is literally not possible or going to happen. Are you okay? I don't know, man, I think were these people just thinking, like they just named three celebrities that they thought were like really cool. It's like Oprah, Taylor Swift and Stephen Colbert. Yeah, but so dude, it's so weird.
Speaker 3: It's like the Hollywood thing they're they're always like, you know, who'd be good for this, the most famous person alive.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, you're a oh wow, what a genius.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would consider the person who would get easily get the most views of the person we should bring in. Like what a what a profoundly untalented choice to make.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, right, just that you should lose I'm sorry. If you ever suggest Oprah for anything, you should lose your job. I don't. I don't care. It's like that that's such a nineties fucking perception of like Oprah and fucking Oprah Man. Like remember when you signed that huge deal with ABC. It's like, are you still living in that fucking world? And I get that there are people who love Oprah Winfrey, but like that's not that's not like how you're gonna convince people about, you know, existential threats. I don't know. Maybe it is who knows if Oprah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I totally like the other there's other part of me says like, yeah, this could work.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, Like we're so fucking lost right now. It's like oh yeah, yeah, fuck it or just fuck it? Why do you have Oprah and Taylor Swift run? Yeah? Your fucking geniuses that it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: They already like broke the damn of like getting this weird reality star loser in the race, and he did great. Right, so it's like, all right, yeah, Art of War style, you guys broke all the rules, which was smart, right, It was so stupid it was smart, So let's also be dumb.
Speaker 2: Oh you know.
Speaker 3: And also like, I don't know, I who would I trust to be honest with me, Oprah or Trump?
Speaker 2: I'd go Oprah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to think. I mean, even though you know, Oprah's also told a bunch of lies, you know too. I mean a lot of people didn't know they had to pay the taxes on those Pontiac sunfires. They won that one episode, they thought they were getting a new car, But can you afford the licensing title fees? Well then maybe might have to give that thing back because oprahin't paying for it. All right. Oh and also there's like, anyway, I don't fucking Oprah, just the fact that she platforms so many fake ass doctors like doctor Oz and doctor Phil. Right, right, in a way, I'm like, yeah, you know what, you're perfect for office, Oprah.
Speaker 3: You you actually are, right, I mean, there are there are people who are like just good at being famous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's sort of where we're at now. The red button for Democrats it should be Dolly Parton.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah you think so.
Speaker 1: I just for some I'm like, I'm like, yeah, man, I'm I'm ready. I'm ready for Dolly Parton. I don't even it's so fucking bad, you know, just for god.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: Look, she's got the heart, she's got the melody, she's got the track record.
Speaker 1: She's got she loves butterflies.
Speaker 2: He loves butterfly, and who doesn't.
Speaker 3: She's got that weird, that southern like late sixties glamour that is, you know, poison making, the Radstones and all that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, we'll uh, we'll see, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: All of these segments are ending with it like a pretty exhausted yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see. That's and that's where we're gonna be until fuck man, I don't even want, like I said, November, take your fucking time. I'm like already, just but I have like I'm getting like random like gray beard hairs from just existential strepp or it's aging. I don't know. You know one of them, I'm gonna I'm gonna blame it on the election, not the fact that I'm nearing forty every day. All right, well, let's take another break and we'll be back, and we're back Boeing. That's always gonna be good news. They actually look. On Sunday, it was announced that Boeing a read to plead guilty to fraud charges related to this seven thirty seven max jet crashes that killed three hundred and forty six people. So this allows the aerospace giant to avoid a trial, which is nice. That's great because we don't need all this these documents coming out and people understanding what went wrong and how things were thought about, and also any legal accountability for the hundreds of people that died due to the companies negligence and fraud. Wa wait, under the deal, they face a five of up to four hundred eighty seven million. But then the Justice Department was like, well, they get they should get a credit for the two hundred and forty three million they paid for this other thing, So well, let's call it two hundred and forty three million is the new fine. And also an independent compliance monitor would also be installed to oversee compliance at going for three years during a probationary period, and the company also has to invest at least four hundred and fifty five million in compliance and safety programs. But now the company is technically a felonious entity, and I'm curious what that means for their their doings, their business doings with the federal government. Well, if this deal is accepted by a judge, it could, according to reporters, complicate Boeing's ability to sell products to the US government as a felon though the company could seek waivers. About thirty two percent of boeings nearly seventy eight billion dollars in revenue last year came from its Defense, Space and Security unit. So I have a feeling that the United States government would be like, well, I mean, we love what you do with killing people generally, So what's a little felony charge between us lovers of death?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Uh, Well, dude, I mean it is a what the the hilarious hubris to put a price on human life and then do a little fudgeon to get a little get it down a little bit lower is a wild move. Yeah, you'd be like, actually, all right, we're going to fifteen percent off this death.
Speaker 1: Fine, yeah, well you did make a deposit earlier, so yeah, we'll credit that. Like it's like you're checking out of a hotel, like, so you didn't use your resort credit, and you know what, we're one of the few places we'll refund that. We'll give you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ate the.
Speaker 3: Cold em and ms out of the mini fridge. Two hundred and thirty people died. All Right, we're gonna we're gonna round.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you call it? What do you want to call it? Like three million? Yeah? Okay, great, great you guys there, that's like low enough for you guys, right sure, sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh you guys read in a movie too? All right, well we're not gonna enough.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah what'd you watch?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 1: Oh transform it? Oh both.
Speaker 2: A fun night you guys.
Speaker 1: Have you ever bought a movie in a hotel like pay per view?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't think I have, Actually, no.
Speaker 1: I feel because the cost is so exorbitant, Like every anytime I've like I remember as a kid, I remember one time being like can we get this? My parents? Like the fuck are the twenty bucks? No? Fuck out of here?
Speaker 2: Not gonna watch the never ending story for forty dollars.
Speaker 1: Damn it? All right, what about this hot teachers hotter students? I think it's like an adult thing. Noah, okay, I think it's important.
Speaker 3: I hate it when the teachers are hotter than the students I find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. I love I love my poornos to have a little bit more like equity in the hotness of you know, the two sides of the performers. In retirement news, John cenap He has announced his WWE retirement. He's going to be retiring in twenty twenty five, but he also announced that he'll be part of a Raw like part of Raw because it's going coming to Netflix, so he's not going to miss that huge moment and will going on be going on a fucking farewell toward that, as he says, dozens of dates and an epic final fight. He shirt fans quote, thank you so much. It's for letting me play in the house that you built for so many years. Vince McMahon, Oh, I don't know if he mentioned that part. He says, this farewell, it does not end tonight. It is filled with opportunity. Everybody. Raw makes history next year when it moves to Netflix. I've never been a part of raw Netflix. That is history. That is a first, and I will be there, so he's going to be around for a little bit. But like it feels like he's like not going anywhere at all. Like he's in a ton of movies. I didn't realize he was like in a episode of the new season of The Bear, which critics called they found it quote distracting. But I have not seen I have not seen that what John Cena is like on The Bear.
Speaker 3: But yeah, shit, he's like he's just flexing and screaming, yes, chef.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. He's like, oh yeah, just fucking breaking melons with his bare hands or some shit.
Speaker 3: Well, and also like he's trying to follow the Rocks thing, but the Rocks actually the Rock actually had.
Speaker 2: To leave wrestling first, right, Like I feel like you gotta you gotta do one or the other. You can't you can't have a feet in both. These can't have all these fingers in different pies.
Speaker 1: But man, how tall is John Cena?
Speaker 2: That's my floor eleven?
Speaker 1: He feels like not like because the Rock is like six four or something, you know what I mean. So like, but John Cena feels like like sort of like a more accessible Let's see, he's six one, all right, that's what I have.
Speaker 3: That's like that, You're like, he looks like a normal sized man, like no, no, no, he's seven to one, he's six three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he looks like a baby, yeah next to guys.
Speaker 2: That's why I love. He looks like a muscly baby, which is my favorite kind of baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think. Look, I think he has like comedic chops, like he was great in blockers. You know, I just don't I think he has probably a different lane than the Rock, who can only do one note.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it is Yeah, with these like wrestling superstars, they're definitely to get at that level. I think you do need a certain kind of charisma that he definitely has.
Speaker 2: I'm just still I just still.
Speaker 3: Can't believe they're not required to kiss in these wrestling matches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that makes sense, right, Hey, don't you.
Speaker 2: Feel like they're always threatening to hook up?
Speaker 1: I mean, wrestling is quite homo erotic, I must say, but.
Speaker 2: That's how I think all the tension comes from.
Speaker 3: Is like these guys just might straight up slop, just make out right now.
Speaker 1: Just kiss John Cena for your final match. Yes, kiss and make it normally like look, man, fucking sexual out. It's a spectrum, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, normalize that shit.
Speaker 1: Bro, I got kids and shit like that. But this guy's objectively hot, all right, and my wife. I cleared it with my partner. It's okay that we did a little smooching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, move on. The relationship up with the pile Driver is a standing sixty nine.
Speaker 1: That's true. That is true. That is true.
Speaker 2: It's boiled up and wearing tights just.
Speaker 1: And then the more you know, graphic comes across the screen and I was like, I should consider that. I should consider that. He's also hosting Shark Week this week. So John Cena, you look your agents, they know what they're doing. You're working, You're fucking working. And finally, a few I think, like a month or two ago on the show, we talked about this AI Beauty pageant that was happening being put on by a company called Fanview, which is basically trying to be like the only fans for artist like AI created influencers to do god knows what, and so they're like, we're putting on like a Miss World AI Beauty pageant and like they paid like people from the pageant world to act like this was a serious thing and not at all like a stupid, dumb, fucking just thing. Way to normalize AI and pretend like this is like a good like no, man, it's great, it's chill. Look at these beautiful make made up women we created for you to rank and rate. So the competition went down last week and a winner has been crowned. Meet Kenza Lalley from Morocco. She is a Hijabi and an activist from Morocco, created by some tech exec in Morocco, and he just won twenty thousand dollars I guess for creating this made up lady. She even gave a really rousing speech. I guess.
Speaker 4: I am incredibly grateful for this opportunity to represent AI creators and to advocate passionately for the positive impact of artificial intelligence. This journey has been a testament to the power of innovation, collaboration and raising standards to shape our future. Winning Miss AI motivates me even more to continue my work in advancing AI technology. AI isn't just a tool, it's a transformative force that can disrupt industries, challenge norms and create opportunities where none existed before. I firmly believe that AI has the potential to revolutionize industries.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't take any more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was really horrifying.
Speaker 1: The video is like of a terribly animated This is like the woman that was created Kenza, and she's doing like the most like generic hand gestures and her mouth. I don't know, I don't think she's speaking any specific language because they're just like, I don't know, just get that fucking mouth appearing. It looks like what you say, like men, men, men, men, My mama, min min men, I'm mama. Yeah, no pronunciation whatsoever, just slight mouth and lip movements.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she for sure.
Speaker 3: She she has the essence of a person who is being held by a terrorist organization.
Speaker 1: Yes, but right she.
Speaker 3: Is gesturing, you know how when they like if they teach monkeys to kiss.
Speaker 2: Like the monkeys don't know how to kiss. They're just like.
Speaker 1: Going, they're just recreating what they saw the humans. You're like, now do this and they're like okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Like her without it, her all of her gesturing is broad, weirded, in no way matches the words.
Speaker 1: That's alien I think would be the question alien and confusing.
Speaker 3: If this is not evidence of the fact that the word activist now no longer has any meaning. Congratulations, guys, you stripped the word activist of all value.
Speaker 1: All value to a point where a fucking digital picture is saying I'm so motivated now after winn No, you're fucking not You're a fucking picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you?
Speaker 3: Oh, you're doing a lot of community organizing, are you?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Ai abomination?
Speaker 1: Well, what I'm doing is I'm I'm scamming my subscribers on fanview and promising salacious videos, but they never actually come do that. I mean, the thing is too like you look at the runner ups, the runners up, the main The first runner up was uh Fox Volina.
Speaker 2: Oh that's why I was looking at That's the one who okay got it?
Speaker 1: Uh huh oh yeah yeah, yeah right Fox. There's Fox Volina who was the first runner up, and the second runner up was our third place, Olivia from Portugal. And it's like, I don't I just don't understand, like these are fucking fake pictures and reacting like they have a whole life backstory rather than like, I don't know, maybe I would maybe be more interested in like the horny dude who created this, and like what their motivation was and how they arrived at this fucking conclusion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are the Heritage Foundation guys, but without the law degree, it's the same man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, Kenza or the man who created enjoy your twenty thousand dollars and may you be motivated to keep fighting for whatever the fuck you're fighting for. Like our past guests on from the AI Mystery Heype Machine podcasts, resist the Urge to be I think wowed by AI just resist the earth like it's cause it's fucking nonsense. Well it's excellent.
Speaker 2: I do feel happy watching that. How unappealing it was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, at no point am I confused that that's obviously not a human being?
Speaker 1: Right, And it instantly fills you with a feeling of like they can't be fucking serious, right now, are they? Yeah? I'm but it's not like this person the camera goes off and she's like, oh wow, thank god? Is it okay if I take a load off now, I'm think I'm gonna take a nap before I call my mom and have dinner over there. No, it's just just.
Speaker 3: If anything I pick I picture it like slowing to a stop and the just staring dead eyed until they turn hit the odd button.
Speaker 1: Yeaheah, exactly at the you know it's Pixar could have a similar thing where they create their favorite character and you're like, wow, that character that an animator created is great, rather than being like, wow, we really got to get behind this woman. She's an activist. Okay, sure, more AI propaganda for us to consume. All right, well, that's gonna do it for us this Monday. It was great telling you what was trending over the weekend. We'll be back tomorrow with a whole new episode. It's gonna be fantastic. We're gonna dive deep into another cultural phenomenon just to try and understand it a bit more. And until then, obviously, you know what to do. Just take care of yourselves, taking care of each other, get the vaccine, you know, and just fucking don't do nothing about white supremacy. Okay, be a good person. All right, We'll see you soon. Thank you, mort I'll see you soon too, See you soon, man, Thank you later.