Speaker 1: This is he said, Ayadiho with Eric Winter and Rodlin Fantas. All Right, hello, hello, welcome back another episode, he said, Is this is not your first one back? No, you were gone for that deepop one. You missed that one.
Speaker 2: I missed that one.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe that was really good.
Speaker 2: I was actually devastated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was very interesting. I mean, we've talked a lot about you came up with video, but we've talked a lot about the AI movement, and and I hear in his perspective and how you know, obviously the positive you can gain from it was pretty cool. Yeah, but you missed a good guest. You missed a good guest.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: You were in New York. Talk to us about that trip. I know you got to see an amazing play with our friend.
Speaker 2: Justin know that, guys, I went to New York. I did this choice first. It's a SMR sexy.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I've been sick for weeks now. I think I got I don't know what I got, not weeks, but I got like a week and a half at least, and I got a really bad sore throat. I thought it was I'm swallowing glass. It was just really bad and just I don't know if it was a flu. I don't know what it was. The problem is I started a cleanse that I'm still doing, which has been amazing, but because it's like these liquids, it's pouches that tastes horrible and these capsules, and I can only eat vegetables and only eleven bites three times a day and a little bit of blueberries or blackberries, so it's I have like an empty stomach. So I was like, no sugar, no salt at all.
Speaker 1: No cars.
Speaker 2: So it's been a trip. But the problem is that I knew that I needed antibiotics to get better fast, but I said, there's no way that I can take an antibiotic while I'm doing this cleans and I was already like five secs six days in, and I was like, I'm not going to stop these clans. I worked so hard because I I'm like a sugar addict, and I'm going there's no way that I can do this all over again. So I decided just to run it out with no medications. And it's taking longer than expected, and now I lost my voice and.
Speaker 1: This is actually great. For days, I just.
Speaker 2: Couldn't even speak, and it will hurt every time as I spoke. So I'm hoping that I'm good for this weekend because we're recording a music video and I'm singing and I don't know how I'm going to do that. And then Monday I'm recording I know the song, I don't know I'm gonna do that. And then I was telling Eric, guys, if I don't know if you have ever done like a cleans where there's no sugar, no salt at all. I've been seeing visions and I see mosquitoes flying by, and I see these black dots constantly, and I think I'm going crazy. I'm trying to kill mosquitoes. And my son Dylan goes, what are you doing? And I'm going there was a mosquito and there's no mosquito.
Speaker 1: Is it like I feel?
Speaker 2: So now I know how people do drugs and when they go cold turkey and they just the brain, I guess goes completely haywire.
Speaker 1: I'm going to try this cleans actually not exist extreme as you. I'm going to try it as well, but I'm going to do the I'm going to start with the proteins out the gate. She couldn't do it any protein for a week, no meats. It was all eleven days vegetables and certain fruits, berries with the proteins, and then we take all the herbs. There's like pedalts and herbs and things that are helping your liver and your kidney's cleanse. If I did it her way, I would just probably disappear. I therese way too much weight. I don't want to lose to use something incredible.
Speaker 2: Guys, you know that I have documented that I have a lot of stomach issues. As a matter of fact, I'm doing a colon in the oscope next week. So my stomach is always a mess. And I am not kidding you. I haven't had one stomach ache in thirteen days.
Speaker 1: I still think a lot of your stomach stuff comes from like the garlic, the certain certain condiments. It's like the pod map diet, Like you can't have garlic in the FOD map. You can't. Like you should start looking at that diet in particular fove map and really try to.
Speaker 2: My stomach is like normant. My stomach is like sleeping, and I just go I cannot believe that I am paint free for days and days. I'm not used to that anymore and when it comes to my stomach, and yeah, it's what I'm doing is hard to the point that, like I said, I'm seeing visions and I want sugar so badly. But at the same time, it's been such a blessing and incredible to be pain free when it comes to the stomach.
Speaker 1: No, for sure. Now I talk about the play you saw, because.
Speaker 2: I know you've raised So I was in New York and then I'm as with us when I got whatever, I got the bug, probably flying back and I went to see Real Women Have Curves and my friend just Sinam a childo.
Speaker 1: Who just got nominated for Tony got nominated for Tony.
Speaker 2: And the show is so good and I highly recommend it, and it was incredible as a Latina just to feel seen, you know, because it's a show about the Latina immigration in the eighties. I don't relate to that to the extent of because I'm Puto Rican. You know, we're American citizens, so we don't go through the struggles of like Mexicans and Colombians and Venezuelans and Dominicans people that have to really experience the immigration experience.
Speaker 1: But the music was.
Speaker 2: Just phenomenal the performance, as said t Hijo, director choreographer, it was incredible and I sat there Eric and I was like, I cannot wait to be on stage on the Broadway because it was surreal. It was surreal, and Justina just like a rock star and I love her so much.
Speaker 1: Yes, you'll make it happen. You'll get to have that experience. We'll find out when, but you'll you'll make it happen hopefully. I want to give a shout out to all our listeners all over the world because I was so impressed. I was in Paris this past weekend for a con meeting all the fans in Europe, and I cannot thank you all enough for the support for the podcast. I mean, so many people, like they get up, by the way, when our podcast drops. They're telling me they wake up at like three in the morning to listen to the drop of the podcast. I mean that early. They watched the rookie and then the podcast drops shortly after, so they they're literally they're like, we get up at like three, we watch it as a group on the streaming platform. I'll listen to the podcast and then I'll go to school or I'll go to work with like three hours of sleep.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: So the support for the podcast podcast Better in the US does really well overseas, I mean advice, No.
Speaker 2: I think internationally we love you guys, and I wish I would have been there to meet you all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would have been incredible.
Speaker 2: It's amazing people love it and we appreciate it because we have a lot of fun and we do it with a lot of love, and we share a lot of stuff, you know, personally and professionally, and it feels like you are part of our family. Yeah, and we there's I'm gonna post it a little later. There's a fan from England, Becky I think is her name, and she did this art that we have here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very cool.
Speaker 2: Would you go to so many gifts and so many presidents here.
Speaker 1: It was a really amazing event. You all are. The support means the world to us, so thank you. That was really cool. And also so many people it's like I forget when we post something on social media how it goes everywhere. And so many people were so complimentary to Sabella for winning her tournament in O Hi, which I have to say, it was a pretty wild experience, like I didn't know how big of a tournament this was, but this was. This tournament's one of the most respected and oldest tournaments in like junior tennis. It used to be maybe it still is, like the big ten pac ten tournament for colleges. We just went there to play a regular tournament, not really understanding how big it was. But she got so many congratulatory texts and things like that just for her hard work and being able to win this tournament. And it was a cool experience because it was the first time she's ever played a three full set match. In the finals, there was an umpire, balls on the court. It was like watching a real pro match. Me incredible.
Speaker 2: I loved it, and I was so glad that I came back. I basically flew back and we went straight Hi. I was exhausted, but to see her overcome the biggest thing for me, besides just the pride that she won, you know, is when she made it to the finals. We stayed at this hotel and then it was like a third in the morning. It was a very early finals, and she was so nervous. She was like she almost had a panic attack, and she's like, I'm gonna throw up. She felt so ill, and I've been there, you know, like that you have big performances and you're like, I remember one the first time that I sang live seven thousand people Shrine Auditorium. It was special for ABC, and I remember to this day. I got sick to my stomach. I was paralyzed, and I kept telling my manager, I cannot do it. I'm dying, and and she's like, just go, and she basically pushed me. And then it was real and it was beautiful. So I knew what she was going through, and I was like, maybe you can do it. Just every even your opponent, feels like this, you know, you know the only one. This is amazing. Just use it. You know, it's good that you have it. It's going to help you. And to see that girl thinking that she's going to collapse, right, and I'm going, they're going to warm up. They're warm up for like five minutes with the opponent, and then the thing starts and I'm sitting down with Dylan and I'm praying and I'm going, oh my God, God, please please give her strength, Please give her strength. And she starts warming up, looking so beautiful and so confident. You will never know that she.
Speaker 1: Was freaking out. What was crazy is you saw the nerves get to her. She actually started the match up, and then the girl came and there's an opponent. She's played against this girl for years since their kids, and a really sweet girl the other opponent, or she'd say the opponent, very sweet girl. And family's there, and there's really no stress because there's an umpire, so you're not like typical parents where it's like everybody's worried about calls. It's like there's an umpire calling the calls. But Sabella was up, came down, lost the first set, was very low. In the second set, I was like, wow, she's gonna Her nerves were still. She was still struggling with it, but she somehow settled it in, settled in and the second set, made a huge comeback one the second set, and then won the third set to win the whole thing. And it was impressive.
Speaker 2: And mentally and mentally I saw her trying to keep it together. She will sit down from the little brakes and then she will put the towel on top of her face and just breathe, and I'm going, oh my gosh, you might work at a house, you might, and it was it was beautiful to watch. We still want her to be able to control frustration because she's a kid, you know. But when they start playing and they start making even if she's up comfortably up, she makes a mistake and she gets so frustrated. And we're trying to teach her that in the game of tennis, you have to be cool as eyes. You know, you cannot give your opponents any kind of like indication that you are losing your mind or you're getting insecure. So that's something that we still have to work work on because she gets she's very dramatic and everything is like deep when she's like showing that.
Speaker 1: Up and parents might be able to, you know, resonate with this. Like she's a bit of a perfectionist and it's to a fault. That's not a good thing. It's it's something that even in school we have to start working with her on when she has big tests like being able to just breathe and not. And I used to be a terrible test taker. I was awful. Why, Like I would just get so nervous, I would study and blank when I'd take tests Like I was I was a good student, and you know, not great. I was a good student in high school, junior high and all that. I got to be a much better student in college when I really buckled down and learned like better ways to study. But you know, she takes after me a lot with that, Like her nerves can get the best of her even with school, and so it's something we're trying to work on. I'm sure a lot of parents can relate when you're dealing with kids and testing, and you know, you see a lot of that as well. Like it's it's interesting because I was never one of those kids that was you know, straight a's like school came easy to me. I had to work really hard to study and be good in certain classes. I wasn't honors and everything and all that, you know, And teaching her to try to study, stay focused, do the best she can. Obviously, we're not expecting you to be valedictorian, to be perfect, to have the highest grades, but we want you to work hard. We want you to have good grades. I don't want to see, you know, tennis take over and become a problem with school. So it's it's balancing the emotional of what comes with school as well. It's a lot. It's it's it's you feel the pressure when all your some of your friends it comes so easy. Some of your friends it doesn't, and you you feel the pressure there too.
Speaker 2: He's doing amazing, though. What about Dalan This morning he had to perform. He was a bell like the chapel and they have to do this like two songs using bells like Twinkle twinkle. And it's a trip because we definitely have two kids that are just not natural role performers, you know what I mean. He was so nervous and so like, I don't get me the heck out of here. He's just basically standing looking frozen, uncomfortable, and it is his worst nightmare. And it's like I see the kid that we have at the house, which is this crazy, super confident, loud laughing like he is so performative at the house with mom and dad outside he wanted to put needles in his eyes and I'm looking at him, going what is going on? I'm the same with as Bell, I was like like the same. She was like I don't want to be here. I don't give a heck about this bell thing. And then you see all the kids that are very like so into it and I'm looking at til and going wow, the parents are both performances like at that age. I remember in first grade I was a girl doing like little recience myself.
Speaker 1: I was not really I couldn't stand public speaking. I couldn't stand being in front of people. I'll never forget. In junior high, I got approached to go and acting, and a friend of mine was like, you know, my this head of the schools as an agent. They want to represent you, but can you start taking some acting classes? So I went with another friend to some acting classes just for fun, to see what I would learn. Hated it with passion. I had to do little scenes, it was recorded, learning how to slate mine. I was dying. I had anxiety every day being in this class, acting in this class, trying to talk to people like I could not break through. And I said nope. I took headshots. I had all this like you know, for modeling, for acting, all this stuff done in preparation that I might actually follow through with it. Couldn't stand it, couldn't get myself to even come close. I said, I'm done. I'll just stick with sports. Even in sports, like I remember why I excelled more in football in the positions I was in. It's because I wasn't like a I wasn't a position like shooting free throws in basketball. I would get so nervous anything where it put me as a center of attention. I got exactly Yeah, I hated it. And it wasn't until college that I took the drama class that I was like, oh, I can have a little fun with this, and I just kind of let my inhibitions kind of go away and not be so stressed out. So I fully relate to where they're at. And what's funny is in eighth grade, now Sabella gets some electives of classes she wants to try. What's the first class she put? Acting? She did? She put it, which I'm actually excited about because I think it's just great for public speaking and being in front of people. And she has to do scenes in the class, and she don't think she realized that.
Speaker 2: Actually I actually think that she'd be really good and she's much better at it now. She's been saying, I want to I want to act.
Speaker 1: I want to act.
Speaker 2: Let's see how that plays out. But with Sabella, it's not that she loves she's not the show off, you know, the girl that is going to be like and I have the lead, I want to be on stage. But I think once she starts actually doing work scenes, you know, I'm doing the working scenes with other girls and actually putting up a play or a scene, I think she'll actually be very very.
Speaker 1: Very Yeah, they definitely took it after me when it comes to all that it's fun. They did not get your gane.
Speaker 2: I was like, where do you want to stand up?
Speaker 1: Being like listen, you see those kids though, like it's funny and Dylan's great, like even one of our good friend's daughter, she just loves to perform. You can tell she's like, yes, she's looking for the spotlight in a way like she's that confident.
Speaker 2: Guys, when I competed for Miss American Petitious this pageant that that I represented Puerto Rico and it was the fifty States and Puerto Rico was the country invited, so it was fifty one contestants. It was in Tennessee. So I remember that they're doing the you know that every pageant has the choreography and Puerto Rico because I'm a pe, and they will go by like alphabeticuar.
Speaker 1: Type of things.
Speaker 2: So I was towards the back and so we're rehearsing, and I see that this choreographer is just not working out. The girls are frustrated.
Speaker 1: They they're not getting it.
Speaker 2: It was looking horrific, right, So I'm doing my thing and I get more and more annoying, and I tell the director of my pageant because I go with I flew with my whole team, the whole Puerto Rico team behind the organizers and direct everybody. And I tell Louise and then afgot and I said, listen, if they would just give me a break, if I can just I can choreograph this and I can just do it and I make it more easy for these girls and this will move much faster because I'm getting really frustrated. This is like ridiculous wheeze. And he's like, are you comfortable with that? The girls are gonna hate you because they're competing, And here I am asking, can I teach you? Right? And he's okay, let me ask. So he went to the organizer and says, listen with presents Puerto Rico rustling and she can help you know, she's a dancer, And the lady was said yes, go ahead, this is taken too long. And I changed.
Speaker 1: The entire thing and girls for the competitors choreograph the thing for the competitors call choreographed to play with everybody.
Speaker 2: And then they asked me this, what's crazy? They said, can she be and it's all document? Can she actually be in the front? So we do the opening act? So going we do it, we can follow her and then she can move to her possession. I won't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because you're clearly with the standout and so I want to.
Speaker 2: Actually, all the girls were lovely. They were like, yeah, we need her to be on the front so we can follow her. I was like, and then I remember the girl that Susandly that competed in Yes, she was there, Susantly she was. She was Miss Minnesota. To this day, we she's lovely. I love were Lately we're like, oh, now we have kids. Her daughter is a figure skater. She she came to me and just said, you know, I read the poem, like can I can I have your hand? I want to I want to read, and she gave me this whole reading and she mentioned something about it's crazy how comfortable you are, like you're competing. Everybody's so nervous, and you're like, can I help?
Speaker 1: Our kids have been like in the back.
Speaker 2: Then I would that would have been like perfect, I don't have to dance. No, But I was just always comfortable.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I'm excited when in the scope of shyness that Dylan is considering baseball now as well because he's so nervous about being No, I'm the one that's set up the camp. What are you talking about? I set up a camp. Thank you for going to Big five and getting some gear, guys.
Speaker 2: Eric Winter didn't take a disagreement. Who has been the parents he was born, has been pushing for.
Speaker 1: She's been wanting baseball for a long time. He had er he was born.
Speaker 2: I won drilln to play baseball and Puerto Rican is a big thing in Puerto Rico. I want this little gringo Puerto Rican to be the next MLB star. And he wanted the next the next geek card and he wanted nothing to do with it. And yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: The only reason it happens because I found out that one of his other good friends is taking the camp. No, not Carter, another kid is taking the camp, and I said, hey, you have some friends from school. They're I'm going to put you in some summer camps. They're doing soccer, which you do You going to do that? Yeah, I'll do it. And there's a baseball camp. And he likes baseball. He's just nervous. Dodger Dog game in a month. He's always asking about the baseball watching on TV. He loves it. And he came into it hand coordination and took him to Big five.
Speaker 2: He goes a helmet on the gloves and the how you called the one thing?
Speaker 1: How do you call them the mitt?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is loving it, and I hope he does well. And actually, listen, he's so good at soccer. But soccer has a lot of physical contact. So I've been telling him, you know what baseball is not like that is you know, it's more like you're bad and you're wrong. You know, it's not as physical. So I'm hoping that she's gonna love it. And I cannot believe that you think that he is playing baseball because of you.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think he's playing because of me. I think I booked the I booked the class.
Speaker 2: And I talked about he's playing baseball. He goes, well, okay, no, I'll go with it.
Speaker 1: I'll go with it. Listen, everybody, this has been kind of an interesting quick host chat, but like more of a catch up. We appreciate everybody. Sorry about my boys. I know it's been fun. I will we will be doing this again. We have a couple of great guests coming up, so we're looking forward to interviewing them as well. But thank you everybody for listening, and again to everyone overseas, we appreciate you, and even in the stage, we appreciate our support.
Speaker 2: We should go on to atues. We've been talking about doing this tour and we have. We never did it over here, so maybe our first tour for he.
Speaker 1: Said, a lot of requests for a lot of German ques. I'm telling you, so we could do a tour and people I think show up. We could do a signing, we could we could do a podcast. It'd be a lot of fun past with something that all of you. Again, remember, if you have questions or things you want us to talk about d m at he said a ado or if it's not getting through you're not getting your question question answered, try emailing us at Eric and Ros at iHeartRadio dot com Until next time, Love you, love you, thanks for listening. Don't forget to write us a review and tell us what you think.
Speaker 3: If you want to follow us on Instagram, checks out at he said jav Orson as an email, Eric and Ross at iHeartRadio dot com. He said, JAB is part of iHeartRadio's My Pultuda podcast network.
Speaker 1: See you next time.
Speaker 3: Bye,