Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, flowing down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Jesse Holly, Kurt Daniels, and Nate Newton.
Speaker 3: What's going on across the seas? That's right, that's the love. Look at the Tostitos Championship Plaza outside in front of the four Center where the weather is nice today it's high of seventy eight currently, like sixty nine degrees, Nate's favorite number. We are here. I think today is today. I know we're not in February no more. Just the Black History Months Show. Okay, it's the All Black Show. It's the All Black Show. Chris Willie Will Yeah, even Willy will Chris is on assignment, Kurt is on a sign that leaves Nate. We got audio Jazz in the back, bro Will getting this up there alive. We're not fully together, but we always hear in spirit. That's Nate, I'm Jesse Holly together. We still make Hanging with the Boys. The sports talk equivalent the broil. People feel us when we speak. This second is brought to you by Wingstop where Flavor gets its wings. And we're back for another Tuesday off season addition for hanging with the boys, and today is the eighteenth, which means that kicks off the voluntary portion of the off season. Now, the voluntary portion of the off season is you can do some meetings, you can do some strength and conditioning, you can do some rehab work. But you're getting the guys back in the building, Guys who are far and wide and they all seasoned homes and they're traveling guys are now starting to trickle back in, starting to come back in as we're getting closer to the draft. Now you're starting to see those pieces come together. Of course, you see, we live in the day and time now with social media, so everything now has to be posted or it didn't happen. Uh. You see Dak Prescott and company, even Zike Elliot's valve out there in the dockyard and they're getting some work in. Guys like Semi for Hooku, guys like Jailing tober Us out there. So there's there's a bunch of.
Speaker 4: Game spending night. Okay, go ahead, off side.
Speaker 3: He said, get a room.
Speaker 4: Get a room, ye Ax versus Jones. Get here, do it. You'll do it for a player. Get it a little hotel.
Speaker 3: Just go ahead, get you a mobile home and just move.
Speaker 4: It on a portion of trap of John d or just.
Speaker 3: Get a mobile home right there. But we're gonna just man, we're all across the board today. Kurch not here, but he always does a great job. And you can never discount the value of teammage works where he still sends us to run sheet and what we're going to talk about. And I think I want to start here.
Speaker 4: Okay, start where you want to start.
Speaker 3: Yes, And Jalen Hurts, Yes, sir got his contract, Yes, sir, five years million.
Speaker 4: Garn this, sir, are your money back? I don't think you give it back. He shout out to jail I'm gonna say this, and no trade clause.
Speaker 3: That's important, But shout out to Jalen Hurts. Here's what I admire about Jailen Hurts. And I feel the same way if I ever get in the power of position a position of power. Jalen Hurts has an all female team. His agent is a woman, his publicist, his marketing, every ever even his mom even, I mean.
Speaker 4: I hope she's a woman.
Speaker 3: But for Jalen Hurts, I love that. I love because I'm gonna be honest with you. If you want something done right, hire a man. If you want something done well, hire a woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I just I'm telling you, like, if you want it done well, that's more than right. If you want it done well and then and in time and then coordination of what's happening, go ahead and hire some women to do that thing. Let's let's let's move past that. But Taylor her signs his new deal. Now we're all looking around and we're saying, what does that mean for our Dak Prescott and for the Cowboys? Because I think this now kicks off the the the much anticipated weight because when you look at what quarterbacks are due, Lamar Jackson still looming around there and what he wants with his deal, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, are some other quarterbacks. Dak's potentially getting a new deal, So there are some other quarterbacks that have to get new deals done. One, what does this mean for Dak? Two? What does this mean for the Dallas Cowboys On getting a deal done with Dak Prescott?
Speaker 5: Let me.
Speaker 4: Let me say this first, and I will never begrudge any player getting this money because I think the guys who's went on the picket line and did what they had to do so I can get my money, and I think guys that you know. But this is what I say. If it's not gonna be team friendly, we can wait on Dak. And I'm just being honest because I would not have a problem with guys that have been to Super Bowls, guys that have been made deep playoff runs, I have no issues with them. If your team deems that you can toe your team, which this kid kind of shows you that he could tow this team, and when he wasn't there, they couldn't get a replacement for him. And I'm not saying that Dak can be replaced, but I'm saying, if there's another four year you know, no, man.
Speaker 3: Now, let me tell you something that's interesting. I'm looking at it between the two contracts because remember in the year twenty twenty three that we're entering in right now, Dak's cap pit is twenty six point eight million dollars.
Speaker 4: That's right, not too bad, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty four though, oh boy.
Speaker 4: It ain't no old boy. It's like what you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Do twenty What you're gonna do twenty twenty four? Yeah, Dak's cap hit is fifty nine point four million dollars you gonna do and now, but the Cowboys have to come to a cross shoord. And I think they they When you look at recent big contracts for the Cowboys, they offer two. They got hood winked on the Ze deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, z Zeke got the rolled with him, got yeah with him, he got him. Yeah, Zike stuggo.
Speaker 3: Right then when it came to the Dak Prescott dead, Remember we could have got Dak, And I say we they could have got Dak four twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight million dollars.
Speaker 4: Now, let me stop you there. You know I say that, and I remember being on that train. But did Dak really want to sign, you know, to see?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I think he did. I think he did. Think I think the Cowboys didn't offer him because you remember he was on that rookie He's on a round pick rookie deal, right, making a couple hundred thousand dollars, maybe maybe close to a million dollars. If you told me I was going from making a million dollars making twenty eight million dollars a year. Right, I'm on it because again that that.
Speaker 4: Was a drunk. That's that's mega jump. That's mega man.
Speaker 3: That is that is an enormous I mean, that's that's that's Nate new looton belt loop.
Speaker 4: Is a belt lo it is. Yes, I've come down. Yeah, yeah, but he you know what cowboys.
Speaker 3: They they they pumped, faked, and they said we're gonna see and we're gonna see again. And then what happened was like this situation, people started getting their deals done, which then now yesterday's price is not today's price. And when it was twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight million dollars potentially then jumped to forty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're.
Speaker 3: Talking about fifteen million dollar jump on what you could have done opposed to what you ended up doing because you gambled on the fact is he is he what he really is? Do we think he's a franchise guy instead of just go ahead to pull the trigger. So now that Jalen Hurts is out the way, every contract So now Jalen Hurts kind of has set a new market or whatever it may be, because he's the highest paid, second highest paid per average, right, but when you look at his numbers, Jalen Hurts contract over the next three years, I think one of them is like thirty one million dollars twenty something million dollars as far as a cap hit. So it's still friendly, so the team can continue to build around him.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something, man, And that's why you hear me say, if you're just gonna sign another four year deal in three years, you're gonna be back in the same position. And now you're going to tell the nation all cowboy fans, well, we can't put anybody around this guy if if it's about winning somewhere somehow your agent got to see that. And people say, well, I think dak agent saw that. Well, okay, if he did. Here we're back in this fourth year and we're talking about fifty nine million against the cap, so a decision has to be made and and and games got to be played. Yes, and this is a big year because we're if we're we're we're in the first round and going home again. And you can look at your quarterback and say, wow, we could have won these game because Dak played so well.
Speaker 3: So Jalen Hurst's cap pit over the next four years twenty twenty three six point one five million dollars, twenty twenty four thirteen point five six million dollars, twenty twenty five, twenty one point seven seven million dollars, and twenty twenty six thirty one point seventy seven million dollars. Those are the cap pit numbers. Now, those are the numbers. We're talking about a team friendly deal. Now he has five years, one hundred and seventy nine million dollars of that is guaranteed. But when you look at the cap pick, that's what we're always talking about. The cappit, the cappit, the cap pit. Those are team friendly numbers. Those are below what quarterbacks are getting per year just on just on the tag loan. Yes, so that gives them an opportunity. And you got to give shout out to their front off because they've been they've been putting on the clinic. The Eagles front office have been putting on an all out clinic clinic on how to build and put together a team and still not be over the cap and strapped for cash.
Speaker 4: And can go out and get top free agents that are sitting home. That's saying, you know what, I'm going to camp. I've been played, I don't played eight years. I don't want to go to camp. But they still seem to go out and get that right defensive tackle. They get that right secondary piece that they can pay. Okay, here's a one year deal, three mil dollars, come on in here. It ain't a one mil. A one year deal one million dollars away. You know everybody's got that. So they they they put on the clinic. I gree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: But now I think the thing comes to the point whereas okay, we know basically sixty million dollar cap hitting next year, right, so I think the Cowboys out of crossroads again because us to your point, this is the last this is potentially the last year from Mike McCarthy, right, unless he wins big, he's probably gonna be replaced and then maybe Dan Quinn replaced him and maybe someone else that replaces him. But also this is coming into year eight or nine for Dak Prescott. Are you out of crossholds of saying he is what he is? Or there's still more to come? Because if you go out you got him, weapons, you got him. Brandon Cooks, you Ceedee Lamb is growing your.
Speaker 4: You know, gallop off second year.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll see if you if you take, we'll see We'll see what my gallup turns out to be. We'll see what Jayla Toper turns out to be. All these guys turned out, all these potential guys. And I remember Marvin Lewis told me this long time ago, and when I first got to the league in Cincinnati, Marvin Lewis said to me, he said, you know what potential gets you nothing, bro, He said, potential gets me fired. So don't tell me about potential. We got we got two of y'all. Come on in, Come on in, Yeah, come on in. We got two of y'all. Marble Lewis. Marble Lewis said, potential get your fired. So we're begging on potential to happen. But that doesn't necessarily.
Speaker 4: Guys, it's three guys gonna play.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Man, Galloway, what's up? Brother Galloway?
Speaker 3: What's your name? What's your name? What's your name? Oretha? That's the great Nate Newton man. That's your favorite show. We appreciate it. Say hello to the people you're on live show, your favorite show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hold on, hold on, let me get him straight first.
Speaker 3: Okay, get me straight.
Speaker 4: Jalen Tober. It is the only out of the four guys you named, he is the only question mark. Michael Gallup be ready this year?
Speaker 3: Question mark?
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's a quest Cooks.
Speaker 4: Will be ready, Brandon Cooks, he will be ready and ceedee lamb. I told hid the car is read.
Speaker 3: Cooks are gonna be good. But now that your Gallup question mark on Michael Gallop question MARKO, jail question mark go to be for Hoku question MARKO whoever, whoever the the that you draft. And it's still a question mark on the two tight ends. No you have here, Nah Nah Hendershot and Ferguson. There's still Ferguson is a baller.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: The small and the.
Speaker 4: Shot may be a question mark, but I got your answers. I got your answer.
Speaker 3: So when it comes down to it, it's gonna be a big year for Dak Prescott because and this thing about the Cowboys, do you pay him now? And now you if you pay him now, if you give him a new deal now leading up to this season, you're now saying we stuck with you for the next four years. We stuck you or our guy for the next four years. I'll take you to the year eleven or twelve or thirteen or whatever it is. And if that don't work out for you, we screwed.
Speaker 4: If it ain't friendly or you gotta be friendly or gotta be friendly or yes.
Speaker 3: They gamble again, and they say, we're not gonna give you a deal. Now, Well what to the season comes and see how you make it through the season and if you produce.
Speaker 4: So you're saying him and Mike McCarthy walking neck and neck. The three receivers are good to go. The one tight end is good to go. That is four weapons right there. Now, the other guys you can you can loan shot them. But Michael gallup coming and play this year. All right, well let's get let's get it. The beautiful people.
Speaker 3: Man, y'all, lucky day to day man, y'all on a tour, just the two of y'all. We're gonna bring y'all in here. This is your favorite show them.
Speaker 4: We don't happen on YouTube to watch us live watch us on YouTube.
Speaker 3: They said, you got something for the haters now, come close to the mike. Don't cuss if you cussed. Cuss if you cuss, I'm a tackling you, I promise you.
Speaker 4: If you look hard.
Speaker 3: Ten second to tailor hends. What you gotta tell?
Speaker 7: Oh, y'all come with it.
Speaker 4: The Rock made it to his favorite place, so we're gonna get We're gonna win this year. That's what I feel. How far we're going in the playoffs one so other than that, you know, the Rock made it your rock? Jr.
Speaker 8: Rock?
Speaker 4: How far we going in the playoffs? Jill Rock? How far we going in the playoffs?
Speaker 3: We're going all the way?
Speaker 4: See that.
Speaker 3: What the Rock and take right there is take your shirt off?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: You you don't take all right. Let's gonna give it time, like you know, we appreciate you, man, Thank you guys so much. We're gonna go on to our next break your shirt on. I know we don't want Rock to take a shut out of this family friendly show. And if anybody taking the shirt off is going to be me.
Speaker 4: Yes, what you use a pepy game.
Speaker 3: Man. Let's go into the break while I do some more push ups and get my cost.
Speaker 4: To worry about the three receivers I.
Speaker 3: Care stay right here with this. Hang with the boys. We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Receivers good.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot Com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot Com is just a few taps away put the power of crypto in your pocket, So no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life. For crypto pros, rookies, and anyone in between, blockchain dot Com makes.
Speaker 3: It easy to own a piece of the future.
Speaker 6: Blockchain dot Com trust it by millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 5: See gig has your back no matter what kind of fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or don't really care fan, Oh we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, Seat Gig as you covered, Download the seat gig.
Speaker 3: Ap to the seat gig. You're a tech of the great seats.
Speaker 7: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 2: Hey Cowboys fans, ready to spice up your next watch party?
Speaker 3: Bring Yo Kierro guacamole and be the game day hero. The yo Kiro means I want and we know you.
Speaker 2: Great, fresh tasting, ready to serve guacamole for your homegating and tailgating events. Made with real avocados and the perfect blend of spices, it will be the star of any party. You can find us at your local Albertsons or Tom Thumb in the deli section. If you can't find it, talk to your store manager and tell them Yo Kiero, Yo Kiero guacamole. Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys. On this Tuesday off season edition, we are without our boys Chris and Kurt again. They're on quote unquote assignment. But we'll see what all that's about when they come back. I ain't gonna give away where they at what they're doing, but I'll let them tell it on their way back. We discussed in that last segment all about Dak Prescott, but this segment is brought to you by Blockchain Blockchain dot Com. Also twenty twenty three Draft at the Star. Come out to the Star and Frisco for the Dallas Cowboys Draft Weekend presented by Middle Life. The party start Thursday, April twenty seventh at six thirty pm. Enjoy draft coverage, player appearances, live performances, and more. On Friday, come back for Draft Night Out with live music and games. Then finished strong on Saturday with Draft Day five K presented by Balliscott in White Health. For more details, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Draft Now. We talked at nauseum about the contract for Jalen Hurst and what that means for Dark Prescott, and we all know that this thing starts begins the middle portion of it, the intermediate portion of it, and ends with dark Prescott. But one of the things that we realize that it's gonna come down to who pulls the strings, and that comes down to the owner in GM, Jerry Jones. Recently on nfl dot com, they ranked Jerry Jones the tenth best GM in the NFL. Do you think we underestimate maybe not his football mind, but his leadership?
Speaker 4: Oh, he's out. I remember day one coming into the league, changing the league and the way they think and how they make money and what marketing. You know, some teams have four or five marketing guys and gals in the department. Now he's hard to find one with less than twenty.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, I understand why they ranked ranked him so high because you're talking about he takes it to a new level. You know, they said, GM not pro personnel director or nothing like that. GM means you running the whole thing, and he does a great job with that. Right now.
Speaker 3: We've always believed this when it comes to mister Jones and his his ability to market, that part we've never questioned. We've never questioned the ability to market we never questioned the ability to sell, the ability to transform the league as a whole. Like he's been a pioneer, he's been on the forefront of getting the NFL. The Washington Commanders just sold for close now I'm talking about this new offeran for seven billion dollars. Like, just take a minute and think about that. The Washington Commanders, who have been I don't want to say bad things about the people over there, but they just haven't been a good franchise for a very long time, sold for seven billion dollars. That tells me that the marketability of the National Football League is at such a high level. And even franchises who don't turn out products, who don't have superstar players like Washington Commanders outside of the d m V area, they don't have a they don't have a national player. They haven't had a national player in a while that people go out and say, Oh, this guy's top ten and Jergiy Sale, he's on commercials. They don't have that. They don't have the quarterback, you know, even when they have first round picks. They just don't have a franchise that has the marketability that other teams do. They don't win games. They don't go to championships, they're not they're not playoff contenders every single year. But yet they sold for seven billion dollars or are going to sell for seven billion dollars. I think a large majority of that comes from the way that Jerry Jones has made the National Football League one of the hottest and most profitable leagues in all it's the most it's the hottest league of all leagues. Nothing is more dominant than football, and so we've never questioned that about him. I think the biggest thing that we've questioned him about when it comes to the GM portion of it, it's building teams that play in January. And if we're being frank about it, building a team that plays deep into January consistently has avoided him since your days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Do we give him. We have to give him credit for what he's been able to do for the marketability, But at what point in time to be the tenth pick GM in the league. Is that more of what he's doing team building wise, or that more what he does in the area of building the league to make it a watchable product.
Speaker 4: This is the thing it seemed like every three, maybe every four years, something bad happened to the Cowboys, and we'll fall and get a decent draft pick, and all of a sudden we back in it for three four years. So besides the January stuff, you can look for nine, ten, eleven, maybe twelve wins out of the Cowboys and what ten on average. So they're always lurking around the playoffs or in the playoffs. Our biggest issue has always been what happens in round two. That's where the Cowboys are lacking. That is why they still can sell and do what they do. Now. Missus Jones has took his ability to market the way he has and turned this thing two hundred and so when you trying to say GM running the team team building, it's not bad. It's better than a few of the team We can go with the name about ten teams where that ain't happening. He always keep this franchise in your mind, on the edge, on the outside of your mind. You always, oh yeah, and the Cowboys too. And I'm talking about that's guys in Washington, that's guys in La Oh yeah, the Cowboys too. Whereas in this central location we're number one. So so you take the team building where he's number one in marketing, and he may be number fifteen the team building. You just bring it right the number ten. I got you, yeah, I got you yeah.
Speaker 3: And to transition from there, you hit on a good point about about drafting right, drafting the players and Jerry does the hiring for guys like Mike McCarthy, who is now in a position where he's coming up on this draft and it's starting to catch a little team. We were watching a little bit here on the TV about what the Cowboys were going to do at their pick, and everybody has their mock drafts coming up, you know right now, mock draft this, mock draft that. And I like to say, not to pat myself on the back, but I've been two months ahead of this whole thing about tight ends I have. I've been. I've been two months, two three months ahead of this thing about what I wanted as far as draft capital. But a tight end is the way that they go. History has shown that Mike McCarthy has never drafted a tight end earlier than the third round. And his time at Green Bay where he was the head coach, the head Honchel calling all the shots over there, does that change this year? Talking about team building. Does that change this year? Guys like Kincaid, guys like Michael Myers. There are a few the other kid out of Washington, Washington, out of Georgia. I mean there are there are a few in this because you've already come out and said, well, he's gonna be good, totally gonna be question marks to me. Do you add a tight end to this mix? Do you go get you what Mike McCarthy has always done.
Speaker 4: They got him going twenty eighth, This Peter.
Speaker 3: Guy got Peter Schragger, got this.
Speaker 4: Guy going twenty eighth to to what is the Cincinnati Bengals, and he got us with a running back coming out of Bama. And I told you off a joking, you can do whatever you want in the first round, but we need this tight end and we need some lineman. So do whatever you want in the first round, you know, flashy flash, whatever you need to do to make it look good. But we can't mess up the second and third and fourth round. We gotta have some lineman because if you don't get yourself in lineman, we're gonna be centerpres saying, well, you know that's sad that ain't on run game, and we'll be going. You know, well, then we get a wide receiving the first round. Shouldn't he Should he be so good that he can overcome that. You know, it ain't happening yet. So I'm with you that Darnelle Washington. It's a man. I seen some film on him. M I mean he first year Abama didn't play much. Second year Obama didn't play much. This year here came in a little banged up, got healthy, and he's been he was balling. Now, somebody told me around a four to six forty, I do not care when it go, go get a football player. You know, I'm all about the numbers to it to a certain extent, but man, you just do the six seven, two hundred and seventy pounds. Man, this dude was chunking linebackers and defens vends into the next twilight. And so I'm like, you know, you say the Ferguson is not a question marked to me. I think he's gonna make a great leap this year. Hinder shot, it's got away. But you do what you want in that first round, but don't mess around pick two, three and four, don't history.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys have done really well in the first round. I mean, you take out Chaco Charleston, we don't count that, we don't count. That's that's a mulligin right, you get a muggle again. You get a mull again for that one. It's been the second round of the Cowboys have truly just flat out bombed. In the last ten, twelve, fifteen years, those second round picks have just not produced. And you know, you even have guys like Sean Lee, who when Sean Lee was on Best in the Business, you just didn't know when Seannlee was going to be on because of the injury history. So the Cowboys they have some they have some work to do in the draft, and maybe kind of going against the game maybe a good thing. Like, I know, we get to this rhythm of let's always do what we do or do what we know, and I don't do this and I don't do that. Like maybe there's a time where you kind of you got to change a game up a little bit, right, in order to get something you never had, you have to be willing to do something you've never done. And maybe this is the time of year for the Cowboys where they have to twitch that up, whether it's from the coaching perspective, the GM perspective, the scouts perspective to give a different look for this football team. And the one thing that we'll talk about another tide of this break, which is your specialty. We hear so much and this comes to your point. Is this is on the lines of your point where the Cowboys need to go and get offensive linemen so much so we hear about position flex on the offensive line. Is that a smart thing or is that this new age thing that just just ain't it? Ain't it, don't don't think old school. Have a broad perspective on this. We'll get your thoughts on the other side of this break. Please stay right here with them. This is hanging with the boys. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Hey, Cowboys Fins. Ready to spice up your next watch party. Bring your guacamole. Be the game day hero. Yo kiro means I want and we know you want. Great fresh tasting, ready to serve guacamole for your homegating and tailgating events. Made with real avocados and the perfect blend of spices.
Speaker 3: It will be the star of any party.
Speaker 2: You can find us at your local Albertson's or Tom Thumb in the deli section. If you can't find it, talk to your store manager and tell them.
Speaker 3: Yo kiio yo kiero guacamole.
Speaker 5: SeatGeek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, So whether you're a diehard fan or a don't worthy care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of you week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat geek has you covered. Download the sea Geek after day see geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 6: I'm Duk Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trust it ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps away put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life. For cryptopros, rookies and anyone in between. Blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com Trust it by Millions, trust it by America's team.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboys fans, if you're thinking about attending a game this season, visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today. Stay at the Team Hotel, have dinner with a Cowboys legend, and experience at and T Stadium's exclusive VIP Owners Club. Also tour the Star, get autographs from your favorite players, and talk x's and o's with me. Mickey Spagnola, the official travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, will take care of all your travel needs. Visit cowboystravel dot com.
Speaker 3: Back to hang in with the Bulls. Welcome back to hanging with the Balls on this Tuesday off season. To dissing the voluntary workouts kind of have begun, the conditioning, the weight room stuff. I was walking in and I saw the guy and I was like, man, I don't I don't. I don't miss that. I don't. I don't miss having to come condition And that's how I know that when my time was done with the league, that's when I knew because I used to enjoy that stuff like I used to like wake up in the morning to work outs. Today, I used to pull the bikes out of the stationary bikes, out of the weight room, on to the to the to the to the outside cement and ride in the sun. I just wanted. I wanted that. I wanted. I used to love going out there running routes for conditioning.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Two things like you run the route treat right, you run a hitch boom, catch it, sprint five yards, throw the ball back, line up, run a slant, catch it, sprint five yards, run, put the ball down, line back up. You do it all the way down the field, do it all way back that about four. I used to love that stuff.
Speaker 4: Now I look at on this, yeah, and I used to go. I started winness getting a single marge fry. Then I ride down the road about another hour, stop being tucking fried chicken, Get me a two piece. Then I go in there there, yeah, yeah, because I was snacking. So I go, did I get it a car, ride out the road and get me a water burner. Yeah. Man. Then at the end of the day, I have me a four pieces, four super large y'all our fresh fries with some beer and that would be bore. I would yeah, and I would eat it out of the sun so I can sweat you can sweat it up. Yeah, that's what I would do.
Speaker 7: Baby.
Speaker 3: Oh, But that has begun, and that just tells us that we're getting closer to the drift and Nate to yours point. The game is won and lost in the trenches. Whether your offensive line is able to dominate the defensive line or vice versas your defensive line when to dominate the offensive line. That's where football games are won. Yeah, you go all the running and the passing and the quarter but if you can't protect, you got quarterbacks worth a half a billion dollars. You got quarterbacks worth a quarter billion dollars if you cannot protect. And you always hear the term quarterback friendly. That is a term which I don't look at it negatively. That's a term that is to me universal in the team aspect. If you're an offensive minded team, everything that you do has to be quarterback friendly, even on the defensive side of the ball. Do I have a defense that's going to give my quarterback the best opportunity to succeed. Early in the year, when Dak Prescott got hurt and they have what was a backups name Cooper Rush. The defense became quarterback friendly. It was, hey, here's what we have to do to give our quarterback the best chance to win. Whether that means we got to create turnovers, score our turnovers, hold people under the league average, that's quarterback friendly. Offensively, quarterback friendly is what type of offense that we're running. What are the weapons that we put around them. There is not one quarterback in the National Football League that can produce without weapons. So when you hear about we need to put weapons around our quarterback, no crap sharlock. Every quarterback needs weapons to succeed. Now, which ones you need to cite moren that's up for debate depending on that quarterback.
Speaker 4: But to me.
Speaker 3: And I know for you, the quarterback friendly part of this is the Cowboys have to start up front. And we've beginning hear different terminology, especially since analytics has come into the play. We've heard this term of position flex where you are bringing in more guys that are that have the ability to play multiple positions across the offensive line and other positions as well. But really kind of going away from sturdy dominant. I'm a left tackle. Hey I'm a right tackle. Hey I'm a center, or I'm a guard. It's more and so like, hey I'm a swing tackle. Hey I'm a guard slash center. I'm a center slash guard. And for the Cowboys, you're hearing so much about position flex?
Speaker 4: Is that a one?
Speaker 3: Is it a good thing from your perspective across the league? But most narrowing it down in the vacuum, is that a good thing for the Cowboys to have offensive linemen that have position flex?
Speaker 4: If you have five super athletes, that's cool. But when you're when you don't have five number one picks or high second round picks, now that's not cool. You go find a guy, put him at a position, let him work next to a guy that's at his position, and let them guys work every practice that they are healthy together. Now, your seventh and eighth guy is those flex guys. You know, even your sixth guy should be dominant at one position, you know, and then your seventh and eighth guy, those are your flex guys, your swing tackles, your guy that can play guard and snap the ball. But all this, you know, getting a guy that's not good at nothing, that's like having two quarterbacks. You know you don't have a quarterback. And when you go to saying, well, I got three guys that can play for five positions, that's where you better start looking because the gates gonna open up and and where they really open up at is in the playoffs. So, uh, I got a guy here, man, I mean, he's ain't the most handsomest guy, but it's Jazz. I'm not gonna put him up here. This guy right here. Yeah, just look at that.
Speaker 3: You see that Jazz no fronts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, second round pick right there? Where is it from the quarter stay? Yeah? Yeah, So you make sure Cody, you look for Cody, Man, look for him. That's who we need right there. That's sir Cody, That's who we need the second round. You know that just just I mean, I just he's tough, he's me. He don't care about how you look, so evidently take a picture like you don't care about how you look. So I need me some guys. It's gonna change the culture, gonna help change the culture. Man. He's the guard. And everybody keeps saying, you don't draft the guard in the first round. You don't draft the guard in the first round. You get your draft the tackle that can play guard, Well, you know what, we drafted the tackle that can play guard. Guess what he wound up playing tackle. His name is Smith, and we drafted him last year as a as a tackle, Tyler Smith, Tyler Smith, and now he played guard. But he's a better tackle. Now we're playing this game of whether we're gonna put the Smith and uh steal and this guy. Put these guys at a position and let them play and build continuity so we can have a quarterback that's well protected. So when Michael Galloped busts back on the scene, Brandon Cooks and and and uh see lamb bust bust on the scene, You'll be like Nate, you're right. If Michael Gallup don't do his job, and he ain't the guy that I think he's gonna be coming back off. This second year off is our knee injury. If this guy failed, that's a lot of money. That's a lot of money. If you for three on contracts, that'll be bad. And I just think Michael Gallup is a little bit tougher than people think.
Speaker 3: When it comes to offensive lineman. I always defer to you, but I do think you're right I mean the Cowboys kind of go back to our first segment is the team building aspect of it. They've built that, They've built the roster right now, have players in this roster right now where there isn't a dire need for a player in the draft, like they're not going in the first round, like we need a quarterback, we need a receiver, we need a No, the roster's pretty set across the board. It's now putting in the the pieces that are gonna play.
Speaker 4: I think they do have a position of need.
Speaker 3: But dire needs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, diere need. But they're gonna try to skate.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the different time, no office line. I'm telling you, I don't think it's I don't understand. I don't think it's a there's a need. There's a difference between having a need and a dire need.
Speaker 4: Yes one is one is panicky, Ye, dire is panicky. They don't.
Speaker 3: We don't if we don't hit on this and we don't get this right.
Speaker 4: But Tyron Smith, when you go into when injuries can happen, I know this as a player. You know this as a player. We're both expert. We know injuries can happen. But when you go into a season saying, I know this guy gon miss six games. That how you be getting getting close to that dire, don't you do? Don't you get close to that dire because we have Tyron Smith, we have steel. Those are two tackles. We have Tyler Smith at the left guard. We have the center and the right guard. That's all we have. That's all we have. That's all we have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's dire if one of those guys go down.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. That Diar is so close, right, Dar's so close to you you taking an anxiety pial here in a minute. That's how close is for real? It's the corner, That's what I'm saying. So people say, well, this guy and that guy, and oh oh man, these guys not proven. Every guy that I did not You can go look at the Cowboys roster. Those guys are not proven.
Speaker 3: So now not a good time to be be flirting around with guys.
Speaker 4: But if but, but but I'm I'm I'm I'm of the belief of this. If this guy don't fall to you, right, I do not believe in reaching. Don't don't go get the kid from Baylor or these other kids that that that are out there that a first round picks and they're not and the and they really second round guys where you can probably move down and get these guys and feel good about it. But I don't believe you have to draft the lineman in the first round. I think you have to have a bulldog scout that will go out and get you that ugly guy, not not so much ugly as this guy, but.
Speaker 3: Get you mentality, ugly football mentality.
Speaker 4: I was a free agent, Mark Twoen, They was a free agent. Kevin Gorgan was a six sixth round pick. I make think step Knosky was a fourth round pick. It's guys out there, but you're going to have a bulldog mentality to go get these guys and to play these guys, and to give these guys work not at eight positions, but at one position. I just believe that.
Speaker 3: I think I think that's true. And as we get into this off season, we'll tin to watch it from OTAs too, mini camps, and we'll see how the Cowboys kind of put this stuff together. The draft is just a week away. Next week, next week, Yeah, twenty eight, twenty eighth, Yeah, that's next week. Yeah, that's next week. So the draft is a week away and this roster will begin to form. We'll we start seeing how they put these pieces together, and we'll be right here with you every single Tuesday to talk about it. Draft covers. You know how we do it here at Cowboys dot Com. That is Cowboys dot coms. You got Kyle Yeoman's and you got Kurt and all those guys put all that draft stuff together, and Nick Eatman all they're just they just do a fantastic job, way above my pay grade to even get involved in all that kind of stuff. But we'll see how it goes. But for us, we're out of here. Nate, appreciate you man, Audio Jazz, we thank you so much. And Black in the back in the Black, thank you, Bro will Bro William Brother Willie, and most thank you the people who make us the best show on the Dallas Cowboys Network across the Dallas Cowboys Network VideA on YouTube. Thank you so much. I am Jesse Holly. This is hanging with the Boys until next time we out.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.