Speaker 1: Have you ever had an awkward job interview? You know, where you sit down and they ask you all those ridiculous questions like did you.
Speaker 2: Really go to Harvard Business School?
Speaker 1: Or things like if you get this job, do you promise to come into work every single weekday? No?
Speaker 2: What, it's a ridiculous question. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: But if you want to have a job and earn a paycheck, you have to go through them and listen to all those dumb, stupid questions that they ask you. Well, a trend is going viral of hiring managers sharing the special tests that they use to secretly judge.
Speaker 2: People during their interviews.
Speaker 1: So we'll go over them next so that you can be prepared for the next time you have one of those power hungry managers wanting to ask you about your special skills or whatever really they're judging.
Speaker 2: Next, it's the Jewbil Show.
Speaker 3: I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late. I use the side door that way lumberd can't see me, and after that I just sort of space out for about an hour. I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do that for probably another hour.
Speaker 2: After a launch too.
Speaker 3: I'd say in a given week, I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual work.
Speaker 4: Solid great.
Speaker 2: It's not that I'm lazy, It's that I just don't care.
Speaker 1: That's the way it is in a lot of offices. But how do you get your job? It's a jewel show. You had to go through a job interview, and there's a trend of hiring managers sharing the secret tests that they put you through during job interviews to judge if you are company material.
Speaker 4: I hate job interviews.
Speaker 1: We'll go over them in a second so that you can be prepared for the next time you have to go into a job interview to know how they might be secretly judging you. Also, remember on performing this Saturday in Olympia. You can get tickets for that if you go to the Jebelshow dot com and click on stand up.
Speaker 2: Come to the show. It'll be fun.
Speaker 4: He'll judge you there too.
Speaker 1: Yes, definitely. But how do hiring managers secretly judge you. We'll go over some of the tests that they do just so you can be prepared. The water test. The water test, one hiring manager says that they look at if people brought their own water then they think they're prepared and they pick ahead. Okay, if they take a sip from the manager's cup, that's a bold move.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody would ever doing a job interview.
Speaker 1: But if they chug it like they just crossed the Sahara, then obviously they don't have any sort of self control.
Speaker 2: Oh I feel like that's what this person said.
Speaker 4: This feels like a very hard way to judge somebody.
Speaker 5: The water test feels like I thought there was one where they were like, hey, can you get me some water to see how they would react if you were like to get up and like serve the manager before you even worked for them. Oh, but like I pee all the time, so I don't bring my water around.
Speaker 2: So if you have no water, I would maybe maybe they see you as not prepared. I don't know this.
Speaker 1: This hiring manager didn't say anyth about it if you didn't have water. Oh okay, so you said they like to see how they handle their water.
Speaker 4: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: We're going over a trend of hiring managers sharing the secret tests that they put people through when they have job interviews with them, so they can judge if they're good company material. Or not one person that they try to catch people in a lie. They pretend to know a non existent person working at one of their old jobs, like, oh, you used to work at this place, you know, Janie, And if they say yes, then you know they're a liar.
Speaker 2: That's a good test, actually.
Speaker 4: A really good one. I think you can use this outside of the office.
Speaker 6: But what if you just forgot that, like, oh, maybe there was a Janis who worked there and just said yes accidentally and then.
Speaker 1: Oh crap, And then you should say I don't know a Janis. You should just be honest about that.
Speaker 4: Like I don't remember. Shoot, I bet maybe if I saw their face. But oh, that's a good way. Victoria is a liar.
Speaker 6: Then huh No, I'm a nervous nelly who just says whatever comes to my mind.
Speaker 4: Difference, okay.
Speaker 2: Fair.
Speaker 1: Another manager at a restaurant said that they like to leave a broom on the floor when they're walking to where they're going to do the interview to see if the person picks it up or not when they walk by, if they just step over, if they don't get hired. This but I might not pick that up because I'd be like, I don't know if they want me to do that or not.
Speaker 6: You know, like, well, if they're leaving it down there for a reason, right, Like what if it's for someone else?
Speaker 2: Also, I wouldn't pick it up if I worked there. Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 5: It just feels very manipulative.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another thing that hiring managers do to secretly test you in job interviews is ask questions that don't have a correct answer.
Speaker 4: What okay?
Speaker 1: Hiring managers at Google used to do it a lot, I guess. One question they'd ask was how many golf balls would fit in a school bus?
Speaker 4: How would I answer that? How does that affect your ability to do your job?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: They said, you'd need to know the exact size of the bus and do a lot of math. So the real reason they asked the question was to see if people would toss out a number or think through it and explain why a right answer wasn't really possible.
Speaker 6: Oh, I think I would think through it. I'd give a number, for sure it would be the wrong number, but number. I would laugh and be like, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd be like, where's the joke? Because it's a dad joke. I love dad jokes. This one says that just ask the receptions. Several people said that they always asked the receptionist how the person treated them. Oh, that's like they're a waiting that's a good one. It's like how you treat waiters on a day.
Speaker 4: It is a really good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had a friend who she didn't work for Google, but she worked for a different company, and she just wanted to see how I would do in one of her interviews, like how I would do interviewing for her company.
Speaker 2: And so I applied to the job, just trying to see if I can get it.
Speaker 6: They immediately ten minutes later sent me a rejection email. Why I don't know, but I didn't even get to the interview stage.
Speaker 2: Usually sad, but I was like.
Speaker 5: Fair, I was not qualified, she wasn't even a real interview, and you still got rejected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is it hurt.
Speaker 1: Another test that hiring managers say they do to secretly see if your company material or not is how you react to small talk.
Speaker 2: I hate small talk.
Speaker 5: Okay, I think that's fair. I mean you need to be able to get along with the people right office. If they're like, hey, how's your daven? Fine, Well we're not talking about my day. We're talking about job interviews. Yeah, we talk about that police. Can we stay on task?
Speaker 4: It probably wouldn't like that.
Speaker 2: You're an idiot. I don't want to work for you.
Speaker 1: Also, your email address, that's the one that you don't really think about, right, Yeah, why your email?
Speaker 2: What does that have to do with anything?
Speaker 4: But it's like a hot girl sixty.
Speaker 2: Nine and they're like, we're tired. Definitely getting the job
Speaker 4: Ceptin sleater right here,