Speaker 1: I'm trying to be better about not criticizing the human being and only talking about the player and what they do on the court, and then Karl Anthony town speaks, and it's really hard for me to not eviscerate him for saying dumb shit, which he continues to do. I have friends that are from Minnesota. My mom grew up in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: She grew up in Duluth.
Speaker 1: She likes the Minnesota Timberwolves. One of my best friends Minnesota Timberwolf fan. Karl Anthony Towns as a person has suffered greatly COVID family. Mom passed away, multiple family members passed away. All accounts, people think he's a nice guy, but why does he keep doing this? Why does he keep saying things that are so clearly making him look like a bozo, like just a complete joker. Exhibit two hundred and ninety one. This happened yesterday. Karl Anthony Towns goes on former teammate Pat Beverly's podcast, which I personally can't stand that podcast because it's a barstool podcast. But that's neither here nor there a barstool NBA podcast, to be.
Speaker 2: Specific, and he said this that is going to haunt him.
Speaker 1: He said, when my time's up and I retire, there's gonna be people who are gonna say I changed the game.
Speaker 2: Everything's up for stipulation.
Speaker 1: And what I like to say is, when this is all over, there's gonna be kids coming up and saying they're going to play a different way because I played in the NBA and I did it in a different way.
Speaker 2: I'm speechless. I don't know really what to say other than.
Speaker 1: Kat is a fucking idiot, like that is see, this is I shouldn't have said that. I should have said that, that was mean, that was personal.
Speaker 2: That comment is idiotic.
Speaker 1: That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard him personally say, and he has said a lot of dumb things.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: He is not someone who clearly is in control of reality. The self awareness aspect of Carl Anthony Towns is lacking. He is not aware that he has not won a damn thing on the NBA level.
Speaker 2: He's never won a playoff series.
Speaker 1: I think he's won four playoff games, five playoff games. All the players, out of all the players in the NBA, does anybody say one of the most transformational players in the NBA is Karl Anthony Towns like he changed the way we play basketball, Carl Anthonys. No, was there seven footers who came into the league that shot threes before Karl Anthony Towns?
Speaker 2: Yes? Have there been guys I don't know, like like Jokic.
Speaker 1: Have there been guys who played defense better than Karl Anthony Towns and still shoot threes. Yes, he's been around Rudy Gobert too much. He thinks that every player is like Rudy Gobert. That's seven feet tall. No, Carl, like fucking Yusuf Nurkit shoots threes. Okay, Like, there's plenty guys who do what you do, and you're not Steph Curry. Okay, people were doing this before you even were alive.
Speaker 2: You're so not transformational.
Speaker 1: You get in foul trouble, you talk too much, You say things that get you in trouble. Your teammate, Jimmy Butler one of the best, most clutched fourth quarter guys in playoff I don't know in our generation. They're calling him the second coming of Michael Jordan in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That's how good he is.
Speaker 1: He wanted to get the fuck away from you. He's had a lot of opportunities. He's had a lot of opportunities for success. They put guys around him like Aunt Edwards and Jimmy Butler, and you know what, this team just does not succeed. And you know what, his transformational ass will be transforming out of Minnesota Timberwolves jersey and into another jersey before this offseason is up. It is very concerning to me. And he's getting brutalized obviously by everyone from Draymond Green to Tim's Hardaway sor Draymond Green tweeted at Pat Bev, Hey, Pat, when people come on your show, they change the game, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Then Tim Hardaway or Tim Hardaway Senior decided to just absolutely obliterate Karl Anthony Towns pretty much saying what I think, which is, who are all these people saying that you change the game?
Speaker 2: Who are they?
Speaker 1: Who are these kids that are gonna come up to you? Who are these people who are gonna say you changed the game with the way you played.
Speaker 2: First of all, you need to win playoff games.
Speaker 1: You got four playoff wins and twelve tries, zero series wins. You go out there, you average twenty three points eleven rebounds and you're playing well. He's a good NBA player, but he doesn't make anybody better.
Speaker 2: It's about him at times.
Speaker 1: He tries to show up the referee and stay instead of going out there to play team basketball. He's out there and you don't even see him. Sometimes you don't even know he's out there. I think he needs to have a reality check and he needs to work on his game a little bit more and making his teammates better and having a better season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And you know what's the crazy thing.
Speaker 1: It's not even remotely the dumbest thing that he said on Pat Beev's podcast.
Speaker 2: Listen to this, Jim, I don't care how you said, like it was the reason that Denver Nuggets won a championship playing in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: They was telling us our players, they were like a you know, they just they weren't even talking.
Speaker 1: Well right to area and the person that's just randomly right there.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how is this possible? But they also, what's one of the things that like, you see, it was more special what we did in Minnesota because we had pause.
Speaker 1: Did he just say it's more special in Minnesota what they did than what the Denver Nuggets did when they just won the championship.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on. It was more special what we did in Minnesota because we had we have.
Speaker 1: Like what like a month and then we had training camp and it was like you better figure it all out right now, and we really figured it out quick.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 1: They have what d years?
Speaker 2: If you think about you four years, we gotta done it four months? No, you didn't.
Speaker 1: You got to the playoffs in four months. You did not get to a championship in four months. This guy, this guy, Eh, this guy, this is the gold star, aification of our generation where like, you have accomplished something because you took the Memphis Grizzlies to six. Congratulations, get up on a table. You've made it past the plan. What is he talking about? He's gonna get traded, probably to a place like New York where the there's a fruit flying here. Uh. Probably to a place like New York where the local media was going to destroy him and on a daily basis, there's no harder rock than Julius Randall, and the New York media blender turned him into orange Julius. This is all of a sudden, he's talking about mental health imagine Karl Anthony Towns. What are they going to do with this over ripe tomato that is Carl Anthony Towns. They will squish him into the ground. We will find out. God help Karl Anthony Towns. I can't help him at all.
Speaker 2: That's all the time that we have for the heat Check.
Speaker 1: The season is over, but the league is gonna keep popping because we got free agency, the draft and summer league right around the corner. So check out the feed for past episodes and many episodes which drop almost every single day.
Speaker 2: They actually don't, but.
Speaker 1: They used to, and follow the eat check as the off season starts to heat up. Do not forget to download subscribe. Tell your friends, every single one of them. By the way, Rick Fox liked the post of mine today. It was a good moment. And follow us on socialie at this heat check and at trist to criek on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Instagram and Twitter.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next time, my friend's big thanks to my producer, Nick Berlanski and all of you all for listening and watchers