Speaker 1: Coming up on a get Live podcast.
Speaker 2: We got a beatdown in a big easy and no proposal that Taylor.
Speaker 1: Left early you got moved.
Speaker 2: Also, you're gonna break down the quarterback position coming up the draft.
Speaker 3: Most definitely we're gonna talk super Bowl commercials.
Speaker 4: Also, oh we are halftime show and Anna is back with a new game called the Final World Frame.
Speaker 2: Yes, hey, you know guys, it is to get loud podcasts. Anybody see Geek, the official primary ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 4: Find tickets to Commanders games.
Speaker 2: And more at seek Geek, Fred Smooth, Michael Jenkins, and back from.
Speaker 1: Her hiatus, s Anna is here. Yes, Happy hangover Day to everybody out there in the United States. Is a great day. It's the day after the super Bowl, my friend. And how did the super Bowl go for you? James?
Speaker 4: Well, it went well for me.
Speaker 2: I had to work early this morning, so I couldn't get turnt like you did, because I know you did.
Speaker 1: Turn it upside down. It's definitely like. The one thing I do is I've gotten to the point where when it's a Super Bowl game and I want to take every play in. I was like, this is gonna be a good game. I might want to do this at home. I might want to just watch it by myself, chilling, enjoying myself. That's what I did. Did not want to go out.
Speaker 4: And you have some gumbo too.
Speaker 1: I made some gumbo. Yes, I did make some gumbo. You know, gumbo tastes better than day.
Speaker 4: After, does it. It's like some people are like that.
Speaker 1: No, it's like spaghetti. Like spaghetti tastes better as it sits, right, well, gumbo is the same thing.
Speaker 3: It tastes better as it sets.
Speaker 2: Also, reminder and to get my podcasts will now come to you on Friday, Is that right, emma?
Speaker 5: Yes, so our next pod will be out the twenty first, which is a while. So don't forget about us. Keep leaving your voicemails, sending us emails.
Speaker 6: We will be back.
Speaker 1: But and that was an a decision nine hours.
Speaker 5: Weird weekend, people like, what better than to have get Loud for your whole weekend to enjoy. Friday is the best day of the week. And that's when Get Loud is out.
Speaker 1: That's why you get paid the big buk. There you go, and then that happens.
Speaker 4: I'm better later on in the week. They can going on a Monday. It's hard.
Speaker 1: Listen, you know what. I enjoyed starting people a week off because Monday is like that hard day that nobody actually wants.
Speaker 3: So I feel like we was there to lift people up.
Speaker 1: And say, you know what, go do your job, because we do it ours. So it's like, no matter what just happened Sunday, even though we had to be at the game and some nights I had to get off the here at two in the morning, I'm here Monday morning to do get loud.
Speaker 5: Well, in season, we might be back to our Monday taping cadence and whatever.
Speaker 6: But for the off season, Friday, fast day of the week, best.
Speaker 3: Day of the week, all right then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Top of your Hot ticket presented by seat Gek, the most disruptive idea and ticketing a ticket that works expect the expected seat Geek.
Speaker 1: What a beatdown list we saw, dummas. I hate to take my own baill Okay, but you know I did pick the Philadelphia Eagles to win this game. I felt like they were the most complete team. They actually made the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Look old yesterday, like they looked old and defeated.
Speaker 1: It was this youth movement over there with Philadelphia that it was like, all right, this is a full roster. You might have Captain America, right, you might have a superhero over here, but we have guys that are all on the same level and we're just gonna unload they and see people always say.
Speaker 3: This guy's a stat hound.
Speaker 1: This guy. So everybody was looking for sa Kuon Barkley to get a one hundred yards. Yeah, they had to pay so much tension to sa Quon Barkley. They left all the passing lanes open, all of them. So he's the MVP of game to me because of how they had to play and prepare for him, open everything up for aj Brown And how about Dotson? How about Johann out of nowhere, you know what as an ex player, him being a X Washington player, seeing him go through some ups and downs, I thought that was just deserved, like perfectly for him to go out there on the stage and make those plays.
Speaker 3: Kudos to you. I'm not a hater.
Speaker 1: Kudos to you, Johann Donson. Hell of a game right there. He played at Penn State. Just perfect storybookinning.
Speaker 2: I thought it was interesting that what we have been talking about for weeks at least in the media, which.
Speaker 4: Is on paper, Eagles the best team in football. Yeah, like when you talk about talent, Eagles are the best team in football.
Speaker 2: And last night, and it teased to say after the fact, but that was a reminder that this is a team game.
Speaker 4: Because it was look across the board, who's the.
Speaker 1: More talented team?
Speaker 4: The Eagles.
Speaker 1: But the Chiefs have Patrick Moons, which is.
Speaker 4: Fair, and they got coach, and they got Andy Reid and they have talent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we all knew if you look at the talent discrepancy, the Eagles are the better team.
Speaker 4: And then we saw a full team, a complete team game.
Speaker 3: It's the ultimate team sport. You need everybody to win it.
Speaker 1: The fifty third that what he saying football, you're only as good as the fifty third person on the roster. The Eagles not only had them beat with the start in twenty two, they had them beat with depth.
Speaker 3: Like they got depth.
Speaker 1: Now, the one thing that we got going for us when it comes to Philadelphia, they about to uh succumb to their greatness because they can't pay everybody. Kellen Moore's gonna go yet Kelly Moore is gone, so they go a brainches. So now Jayleen Hursts got to have his third offensive coordinator in said years.
Speaker 3: I also guys like big play slave.
Speaker 1: By the way, I hate to rub this in, this is eight consecutive years that a Mississippi State Bulldog has been in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: This is how I know you gonna say, Hey, Jenks, you have meny l Longhorns playing the Super bowlast night.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, a couple. Well, let me tell you some you know, representation is everything. I just said everything, you know, Fletcher Cox, all these got like. All I'm saying is eight consecutive years with a Mississippi State Bulldog and yet again, big play slagh holes that Super Bowl troph yep for the Bulldogs of Mississippi State. Only the best SCC school and the SEC.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've ever seen a front four dominate a big game like that. It's been a long that Eagles didn't blitz, they didn't.
Speaker 1: Have to sweat. Jalen Carter, Nolan and Smith playing with their hair on fire. Yeah, playing with their hair on fire. Joe Towney showed that he was not supposed to be at tack. He was not supposed to be attack. It showed tried, but he needs a guard. And they didn't even try to run the ball.
Speaker 3: Kansas City did not.
Speaker 1: They dominated the first half so bad, and I hope this is a lesson. If this is a measuring stick, I felt like the Commanders played the Philadelphia Eagles better than Kansas City. So if that's the measuring stick, we're not that far off. Yeah, we're not that far off. But I must say this, Philadelphia is the misering stick. They auto miss, yes, no question.
Speaker 2: And I thought it was funny that whenever the Chiefs would do something offensively or Patrick Malmes would scramble, there would be a flag and you're like, oh, the Chief's gonna do something, and you look back it's like, no, someone has his arm wrapped around Josh Sweat's neck.
Speaker 4: They's just the only way to stop them was to hold them, to hold him like.
Speaker 1: It was one of those things where I'm sorry. The kids in City I know were not used to saying this got outclassed. They looked like the inferior team. They looked like a team that wasn't supposed to be there. They looked like a team. Like I said, Philadelphia has this youth movement. They looked younger, They looked more spry, They looked more energetic. Aj Brown finally got an offensive pass interfields. Where was that two weeks ago? But it was just one of those they was a team of destiny. I felt like they was a team of destiny and it showed.
Speaker 2: I felt like for the first time in a long time that the Chiefs got hit in the mouth hard and early, and they the first time I've seen them in shock, Like what is this? Because they fallen behind early. They were keeping their cool, but once Patrick kept going down, he does are fixed?
Speaker 1: Six? I thought, I.
Speaker 4: Haven't seen the Chiefs rattled legitimately rattled.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we've seen it on the natural and on the national stage. We saw them actually for the first time blink. Like the one thing about having fifteen on the field, the game is never over. I was at the halftime show watching the halftime show, like this game is over.
Speaker 7: Come on.
Speaker 1: We've played for Philadelphia Egual three times, so I got a very intimate look at them, and I know they scrents, I know they weakness, and I was like, this ain't the team you want to throw forty times against. If you throw forty times against a Vic Fangio defense, you're going to fail.
Speaker 3: Like that's going to happy.
Speaker 1: Luckily they kept Vic Fangio, but Kelly Moore going to New Orleans. Is New Orleans the best destination for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Because I felt like I love it. Well.
Speaker 2: People in the comments the we're some haters on New Orleans hating about what the New Orleans and all that you can still get robed in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: I'm like, well, yeah, you get robbed anyway my neighborhood around the corner.
Speaker 1: Here by Cowboy. All I'm saying is this the production like when it first came on and Tom Brady's straight hand walking down burden and screening and Lady God God playing the piano. Oh, I'm like, oh, first of all, and then from what I'm here, like the whole week, New Orleans is the ultimate destination for stuff like this is ment. I love other cities, but I think when it comes to hosting the Super Bowl, New Orleans in Las Vegas are in the league of their own.
Speaker 2: Getting back to the Eagles and the pressure they put on Patrick Mahomes and how human they made Patrick Mahomes look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the worst game I think I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Patrick Mahomes play.
Speaker 1: How much of that was the Eagles even's a lot of it was.
Speaker 2: How much of it was Patrick Mahomes being so just coombobulated that he didn't he didn't seem to have the composure he normally has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it was one of those games where they got him off his spot, they made him throw pinpoint passes and Philadelphia basically said, my DB's are better.
Speaker 3: Than your receivers. We're gonna force you to beat.
Speaker 1: Us that way. And it didn't work for him.
Speaker 3: Jakes.
Speaker 1: It was the perfect Vic Fangio perfectly. And this is what I did know. If you go back to those Denver years where Vic Fangio was the head coach of Denver, they came out with the two high safeties that slowed him down. Vic Fangio was the first coach to slow him down. And now that these defensive coordinator Philadelphia, he knew how to slow this guy down, make him patient, make him beat you with a thousand paper cuts. He is the one. He's the guy that crafted this is how you slow him down. And yesterday was a masterpiece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember Cooper Degen was unbelievable. We loved him Iowa, and I just remember we were watching the draft and the Eagles were on the clock.
Speaker 4: We were both like, don't don't do it.
Speaker 1: Don't take it, not to take us because we knew, like.
Speaker 4: This guy is a player. And so now that was the biggest coop of.
Speaker 1: The gene for I know.
Speaker 3: I told people he's special.
Speaker 1: He got it when it comes to cornerbacks that mean a knack for the ball. Also, he's never panicky. I don't like my defensive backs panicky. He's never panicky. And he understands football to a t. I knew he was gonna be a baller. I knew he was gonna be a baller. Now let me ask you this question. Were you lit down this year by the quality of Super Bowl commercials? Oh? Because you know it's a standard. Here's what I think.
Speaker 2: I think that the the in theory, the idea is make a grade commercial. But I think the focus has shifted from let's just find a celebrity who's gonna hawk this for us.
Speaker 4: Let's put in a bunch of celebrities and then we'll.
Speaker 2: Kind of throwing a some sort of storyline like you need to focus on the commercial first and then bring in the right place.
Speaker 1: Has TikTok killed the commercial game, maybe because I think that the expectations are so high.
Speaker 3: Now, I did love the commercial with what's name Eyebrides.
Speaker 1: Popped off his head and just stowed fly.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, but did you notice how Pringles had the.
Speaker 1: Same so you went eyebriss the mustache. Now I have to give Duncans these props. I love the being Affleck Duncan commercials, and as coach Belichick really let us in his soul because I feel like the.
Speaker 3: Last year I have learned and liked him more than I have ever liked him. I thought the Duncan's was good. Uh what has commercial? Did we talk about doing it?
Speaker 4: I mean, oh, what's another one?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 4: You know, I was the nerd that liked the Nerd Walley commercial with the bluega.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shaboozy was good, Yeah Snitch was okay.
Speaker 2: When they had can I just say, because I know we're gonna disagree here.
Speaker 4: I know you like the Seal commercial.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm just like he finally gave in.
Speaker 4: It's like, give me the money.
Speaker 1: I laughed so hard when I saw Seal as a seal like seriously, like you had to if you're a person, right there, be like is this seal is a seal? Great commercial thought right there? But the Dorito's commercials kind of let me down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like kiss from a Rose won't be the same because now there's a song about mountain Dubaja Blast.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but Baja Blast is some music. It's one of the few sodas that I actually taste sometimes.
Speaker 3: That I have an inkling for.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, like when I do drink so anchoring, yeah, because I don't drink soda, but when I do drink soda, it's usually root beer, like I'm addicted to, like like go to a carnivo affair, I'm gonna get you get a float, I get root be fleck. What did you think about the halftime show?
Speaker 2: Oh, here's what I think that was for the culture that.
Speaker 1: Were right, there was a you had to see that through different lenses, that's the way, because here's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's one of those that you need to go back and rewatch with a different idea about what you're seeing. Yes, because initially I was like I don't know, but then I realized, first of all, this isn't necessarily for me. Number two, this is not you expect to show in the suprawl. That's not Kendrick Lamar who he is. No, and he had something to say last night, and so when you look at it through that lens, it's like, oh, now I go back and rewatch and now you had a lot of things to say.
Speaker 1: This was one hundred percent message, zero percent entertainment. Correct, it was all message.
Speaker 3: And you know what.
Speaker 1: Watching his battle through the year, that the battle of Drake.
Speaker 3: And Kendrick Lamar. I think last night was the funeral.
Speaker 4: Serena was doing the crip walk.
Speaker 1: Yes, but he bowed out two of his exes.
Speaker 3: Serena is his ex Sizzle.
Speaker 4: Oh, I forgot.
Speaker 1: So it was just I was like, should I put some money in the serving plates? Drake Dad like this was this was this was the nail in the coffin to me.
Speaker 3: Then he winked at the camera.
Speaker 4: That's what this was. Oh, by the way, I want five grammys last yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just saying got to winning five grammys. I ain't got enough hands to carry these and I want grammys off of off a beef song. I think if you, Drake, you turn it off, then you go mixture a drink. Yeah, you go like cheer with the guys, play a little pool, like do something. But I wanted you to think that Drake did not watch that halftime show.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have because you knew going in like this is not gonna work out well for me.
Speaker 1: That's just like me watching a halftime show and Steve Schmith performed. He ain't got nothing good to say about me.
Speaker 3: Now we're good.
Speaker 1: Now it's older men, but as young men, you know, full of like vigor and just looking for a fight. I just I felt for Drake. Yeah, I feel for Drake last night, and I was like, man, I does he bounce back?
Speaker 4: He'll be fine. He just got like you can't. You can't come back at Lamar ever.
Speaker 1: Like can doesn't need to take a year off.
Speaker 4: You take a break and then you come back and you throw out a banger of an album.
Speaker 2: But you leave Kendrick alone because you're not. You lost that battle. Don't even try to go back there.
Speaker 1: It's over.
Speaker 2: Just give it a break and then come back. But the next thing you released, though, gotta be fine.
Speaker 6: It's gotta be your like old school, like you know.
Speaker 5: People will like this because it can't be ed m Drake, like, it can't. Don't try anything, don't try anything new like.
Speaker 1: Return from the dead as something. Yes, it has to be. It has to be your best work, like your next work has to be your best work.
Speaker 3: And if it's not your best work, then it's he's washed.
Speaker 1: He's washed. Kendrick killed him. It's no no in did then go to think about it? You went to back him. It's okay to lose. Battles, wars are lost all the time. All right, boy, boy boy, if you don't fight.
Speaker 2: Back, that's a special loss that he took. It's not just who kind of won, it's like, guess what you lost.
Speaker 1: And we waited, like Kendrick waited like two weeks, three weeks to even drop it. So we were like, it's Drake, and Drake sniffed him out and then he just dropped and everybody was like the anticipation to the headtime show was is he going to do not like us? That was the whole And he kept teasing it too. He was like, oh, no, I might I might not, and then he waits to the end to do it. It was like, all right, on my way out here, turn around, So I can kick you in the butt. That's what it was to me. It was like, now on the way out there, you go, just want to make sure you slammed it. That's what it was. And got seen on Jackson to Uncle Sam. I thought that it did him just narrating this thing.
Speaker 4: And he had something to say in his narration.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm it was a it was really you not like us. It was really it was really it was late yes, written, masterfully performed, so cringey, so cringey. It's like, how did the game was a contest and the halftime show was a battle yep.
Speaker 3: So that's why I was like, oh, this is We're going full battle mode this year. That's what made me enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Jakes. We got your voicemails and emails coming up.
Speaker 2: I do want to mention though we have not even mentioned the MVP of the Super Bowl, Jalen Hurts, Yes, who was brilliant. And I don't know if you saw the pregame interview you had with Aaron Andrews and Jalen Hurts since.
Speaker 1: He lost the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: On his phone screen, this screen sery is him walking through the confetti after losing, and that's been on phone to remind him every single.
Speaker 4: Day you lost, you lost, you lost, you got to come back, you got to come back. And he comes all the way around.
Speaker 3: He gets it double.
Speaker 1: I know I feel this pain.
Speaker 3: I used to do that in the off season.
Speaker 1: I would turn my screen say to the worst player of the year I had, Oh really, yeah, So every time I go to my phone, it'll make me go work out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it'll bring it back to mine. You ain't do something right. So I wouldn't put the best player on it.
Speaker 1: I would put the worst player of me just getting burnt in slow motion, and it would make me wake up that day and say, maybe I need to work out twice right instead of once. So you want to I understand how you feel. I don't understand that from the super Bowl perspective, but I understand anything that can motivate you as a player. And the one thing I can say about Jallien Hurts, he has been playing high level football for a long time, since college in our car. He just he's just been in big games. Big games don't bother him, and he's been doubted a lot the way they always doubt like he's the he's the beauty Queen Miss America with a dead tooth in them mouth. He's you know, nobody gives him the benefit of the doubt, right you know what I'm saying. They just won't when all he does is win. Like this dude could have easily folded after Tour took his job in that Bell didn't fold come in to Philadelphia, had to take Carson wins job. He just one of those guys when you count me out, I'm going to show you I'm way better.
Speaker 3: Than you think I am.
Speaker 2: And now the NFC East is the only division of football to have all four teams when at least one Super Bowl Cowboys, the five jiants for four commanders were three Eagles with two.
Speaker 1: So no, we got multiple. Nobody got multiple.
Speaker 2: Multiple is their chance, which I don't want to happen. But now it's the Eagles are the it team. Can they build on something? Can they win multiple Super Bowls? Do they have the talent, especially with Saquon in the backfield and with this defense to make a run?
Speaker 1: They do? And the thing about it is, I got to ex myself, when would they start to all right, they're gonna lose big play slave. They're gonna use some guys to cap Casualty brun which they gotta figure out what they're gonna do with him because they signed them to a one year deal. They got na Kobe Dean, who they feel like is their future. He has to be resigned. So now they're finna. We're finna see them problems solved. Yeah, we're finna see Roseman, how good are you when it comes to manipulating the cap?
Speaker 3: How good are you?
Speaker 1: Can you talk Lenz Johnson coming back for another year? Like these are the things that you're gonna have to realize. All right, how long can I keep aj Brown and Smitty together? Because Smitty is gonna be up for a payday yep. So sometime with their success, you have to understand that I'm gonna lose some people. You just lost Kelly Moore. It's finna be Jayleen her third offensive coordinator. So these are the things that can rent the cage and success. So we're gonna see how good they are and Kennay keep this thing going because it's hard to keep going well.
Speaker 2: They say to have all the pieces in place, but you're right, they'll be some maneuver ring along the way. But they also had to do that a couple of years ago, and he pushed the reset.
Speaker 1: But a couple of years ago it had to down your last year, right, So it's it's one of the things about football. You always be brought back to the pack with success. With success, everybody gonna peach out for your success. If I don't get your players, I'm gonna get your brain trust, I'm gonna get your GM I'm gonna get something that that's making you great.
Speaker 3: No team looks the same.
Speaker 1: And that's why I'm very excited about us, because I feel like us adding one person to each room upgrade us to the level where now.
Speaker 3: We're a better team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question about it.
Speaker 2: Hey, give us a call seven o three seven two six seven four one nine seven three seven two six seven four one nine or email us at Washington get loud at gmail dot com, which means it is time for voicemails and emails and sleep.
Speaker 1: All right, I y'all, I'm all good.
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm ready. Had a long flight.
Speaker 6: Leave the show guy, nice good, good stuff.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: Are we ready for our first first Give it to us A little Super Bowl reaction.
Speaker 8: Fred James what up, guys, this Willie. What a heck of a halftime show. Them Eagles be stuffing off them Chiefs last night on the game, kav Cidy has no match. What a good thing bout it. And when I want you to understand, you know, hempty Eagles to that Super Bowl. We knocked on Tampa Bay and Detroit for they basically walked into that. I'm glad of those, baby. Next year, let's go command us.
Speaker 3: He is right.
Speaker 1: We took out the head heavy hitters for them, like we went. We went to Detroit and beat up mister Ford and everybody else in Detroit. All right, we went the motown to kick the dough down, all right, So yes we did. But it also, like I told him, I was happy that Philadelphia Eagles won because one a big NFC East got two. I love it when the measuring stick is in your division three, it tells me we ain't too far off. Yeah, so I'm fine with everything. I am good, But I did enjoy watching Philadelphia show them that the hierarcracy, that the top of the top is the NFC, because we've heard a f C. Yeah, they got Lamar, they got they got they got Burrow we beat them all. Yep, we beat them all. All right, Well what are you saying? I know the supremacy lays in the NFC, and this way it's gonna.
Speaker 6: Be lovely and true.
Speaker 1: I lost it.
Speaker 3: I blacked out. I'm back.
Speaker 1: I'm back.
Speaker 4: Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: All right? This next one I think is from our front o mayor Okay, and I'll get that started now. You guys know how I am a technical difficulty?
Speaker 1: Yes, your iPhone? Two?
Speaker 9: Goods? Anna, maybe Karen Line. I am home from the Capitols game. We beat the defending champion Florida Panthers. All I could think about was what Fred said earlier. Maybe they did send the wrong person to the Senior Bowl. I was wondering who the better prospect was. So I want to get Jenson's opinion on this, but drinks might be a little biased. There are two cornerbacks that I really like, assuming we keep our first round pick, and assuming we draft a cornerback, I cannot get over the prospect at East Carolina, Chavon Revel. I think he's a great cornerback and he is one of my favorite players in this draft. Last year, one of my favorite players was Edgern Cooper he went to the Packers and he had a great rookie year. Now, you know, we didn't need linebackers after signing gold Jacket himself, Bobby Wagner and Frankie louvou So the dream kind of died after free agency. But I still rooted for Edgern Cooper and he had a great rookie year. I'm kind of rooting for Chevon Revel to be drafted by us. A part of me also likes John A. Barron from you know, de Longhorn State, Texas. If you guys are informed, you know, I'd love to hear who you like more, who you're planning on rooting for, who you want us to draft at pick number twenty nine. You know, love the show Goods.
Speaker 1: You're right they should have sent smooth dumbas. I've been right over these years. I've been picking great players. Cooper, Gene one of them. Did I picked last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So Revel?
Speaker 1: I like Revel, but I have to x myself if I'm the brain trust. I got Marshaw A. Latimer, I got Mikey san Ristill. Yeah, is that what I want to push the button on?
Speaker 3: That early?
Speaker 1: Am I looking to upgrade another position. I personally think I love Travis Hunter. I'm a big Travis Hunter fan because I too was one hundred and seventy pounds cornerback right to the league. He is bodybuilt like mine. I am an X Y R see I am Travis to the t. But if I'm just going off of intangibles, Will Johnson from Michigan.
Speaker 4: Will Johnson's a great corner to me, might.
Speaker 1: Be the better prow if you see what I'm saying, Like I think overall, Will Johnson to me is the most corner without weaknesses when I look at his game and how he plays, And if I had to ask myself if I was playing in the Super Bowl next year and I had a rookie corner star, and who would I trust more, Will Johnson or Travis Hunter. I would probably trust Will Jones. But I like Revel. I think he's good. He will be there when we pick it. I just don't know what we're picking the cornerback.
Speaker 2: I will say, if you can get John a baron a twenty nine, which I don't think he's gonna fall that far, but if he does, yes, I'm biased, but he can play anywhere in the secondary.
Speaker 4: He can play safe. He can play corner. He's very physical, is a.
Speaker 2: Short tackler, but you're not biased, not at all. He's hyper aggressive. He can get in the box and make stops in the run game as well. And remember when Texas and Ohio is taking semi final, Jeremy Smith.
Speaker 1: Was supposed to go off that game. Yeah he didn't. Why John A.
Speaker 2: Barron was covering him a lot of the time. He's a lockdown corner and teams just did not go after him. During his senior season won.
Speaker 1: The Thorpe Award.
Speaker 2: And also historically, Longhorns have had a lot of success here, going back to Derrick Dockery, Ryan A.
Speaker 1: Rackpole, Sam Cosmy, all long horns. Right, listen, the one thing I know about if you if you walk in a past full of coyles and longhorns, you bound to step in some manure. That's just the way things go.
Speaker 4: The long Wrns who played here have been very successful.
Speaker 1: I think the Mississippi State bully they've played here, the Priston Smiths of the world, you know. You know, of course Forbes didn't have the best time here, but most of the Mississippi State Bulldogs they've had great careers.
Speaker 3: When it comes to you know, the wash. It's a marriage there.
Speaker 4: Both things can be true.
Speaker 1: No, no, but why not shop at both grocery store? Yes, I love Witness, but I still shop with the Hairs team too. You know, it happens.
Speaker 3: You can have the best of both worlds.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, if Barons drops the twenty nine, yeah, that's a no brainer.
Speaker 3: The question is is that the position that you want to upgrade?
Speaker 4: Well, that's true because you need an edge rush.
Speaker 1: I'm say why not go edge? H why not go off? It's alignement right there? Like it just and then tight end is a hot position in this draft. It's one of those positions where there's a lot of guys in this draft tight end you might want to upgrade there. So it's one of those things where I think we're more of a best player ALB team than we are.
Speaker 3: Let's go out here and address the position.
Speaker 1: Man, we're more best player a bell.
Speaker 6: Well, we'll get.
Speaker 5: Back into this cornerback discussion right after our asses, but this kind of inspired a little bit of a cornerback crash course Fred Draft Guru discussion. So you guys don't want to miss up be sure to come back to us after this little brief commercial read that was very TV okay, brief this brief commercial break that I'm about to read myself, but you won't actually be leaving, so all right. The Get a Load of podcasts is brought to you by Bet three sixty five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with the Bet three sixty five app. Craft your own personalized betslept with parlay, access thousands of games with live streaming placer, bet before the match, or bet during the game.
Speaker 6: It's up to you.
Speaker 5: Download the Bet three sixty five app today and join eighty million members worldwide.
Speaker 6: Age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 9: And that's what a.
Speaker 1: Colorado education will get you. Thank you, See you Now. We're back to Missispi State, an official Ivy League school of the SEC, not Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, MWAA. We don't travel to escape life. We traveled so life doesn't escape us. We dream of anywhere in the world. In the blink of eye, we're there, just the one, the flight. All you have to do is decide where to dullest in the National Airport. Let your imagination sow book your adventure today at fly Dulles dot com. Slash NonStop beautiful, absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 3: This is what you get when you go to school like mine.
Speaker 2: Well, now that you've impressed us with your vernacular and your ability to read so smoothly, and you've talked about cornerbacks in the draft, we're gonna have a crash course like an I was.
Speaker 1: Talking about on evaluating cornerback talents. So I can sit here and say, ooh, you know what I like, fred, I like those loose hips.
Speaker 3: What I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: What do you look for when you look at the corner and you're evaluating someone and you decide, okay, you never know if someone's gonna be a great prob but order some of the things the characteristics that you like.
Speaker 3: I like fluent guys.
Speaker 1: I like guys with the ability to stop and start. I like guys with a mental build up, because this has to be a mental part to this. It can't all be physical. I want to see when I'm studying a guy, I want to see what happens after he gets beat. Does he lower himself or does he does he step up and make plays. So it's a mental build up, it's a physical build up. When it comes to the physical. You always want fluid hips because you want a guy to get be able to get himself out of trouble, like when so he has turned the wrong way?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Right, question? He can write the ship very quick like a dB has to be what we call a feline. A feline never falls, all right. You throw a kit on the ground, it's always gonna land on his feet. We have to be able to respund and react. We are reactors. You give us something, we react off of it. I want to know those things about you five as how good are you with your peripheral Like I need you to be to look and see things without looking at them. It's so many parts to making a good defensive back. And I need your memory. I need you to have a memory of a cockroach like I need you not to remember stuff. Yeah, and that's easy to say it than done jenks. Yeah, because when you're on national TV and a guy just went up on top with you and hit you for at seventy yard then come back and beat you on a twenty yard DG you could easily get in your head. Yeah, like you could easily get in your head, and this could be a nightmare. At one point you have to get them off of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So it's certain traits that I need to see.
Speaker 1: In you to know that you can hold up physically and mentally. And I think it's more than just what you can measure.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this question. I think this is interesting, is that? And I know when you're guardian receiver the nation football, like everything happens like this. Let's second, but how much of your job is getting it right, reading the correctly guard and got and how much of it is or I got it wrong?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I got this now?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just reacting in that foot second and guessing wrong or going the wrong way and then having to recover just day, it's more.
Speaker 3: Correction than it is sitting there saying okay, he did this, he stealed me. Here, I go here.
Speaker 1: No, we get ourselves out of trouble all the time. But also you have to learn how to make your plays inside of the defensive call. Okay, all right, So just to say I got covered four right here, I'm finna get a double post in this cover four well, because it's a double post, that that the first inside post is gonna take the safety where I have to understand that in cover four without usually stay high into the outside, I got to go with that outside post. These are the things that you have to but you can only learn it by doing it right. You can't do it just to study and film like there like you have to literally be out there. So the one thing about a cornerback you are more fixing mistakes than you are trying to.
Speaker 3: Stay perfect, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: No, that makes sense. Yeah, so's it's a very flawed position. It's like being in a battle's box as a as a baseball player. If I go four for ten, I'm I'm a pro bowler. Yeah, if I go four for ten, hitting me in the man like, I'm an all star.
Speaker 9: Like.
Speaker 1: It's a very flawed position. So you have to be ready to face to succeed.
Speaker 2: And you were talking about how people are so quick to jump on you if you make a bad player too. We saw that with Marshaun Lattimore where look he takes on to the best receivers in the game of Mike Evans and A. J.
Speaker 3: Brown.
Speaker 1: He went to battle so let's.
Speaker 3: Move this guy.
Speaker 1: So no, no, guess what. He shows up in Detroit and gets zero ball, zero yards. You forget about this exactly. Well, what about the game before that? It was zero ball? I mean he had another game before that the way was zero balls his side. So it's a flaw position and you gotta have thick skin to actually play the position because people are gonna talk trash about you like it.
Speaker 3: It's just one day they love you, the next day they don't.
Speaker 1: Indet will never change quarterbacks in this year's draft. Yeah, it's not nearly as strong as last year's class.
Speaker 3: Last not last year. I'm saying it.
Speaker 1: I know about the John Alway Jim Kelly class, I was.
Speaker 3: A great class.
Speaker 1: Damn Mariene know, I understand that was good. Did last year was the best quarterback class of all time?
Speaker 4: Can you say that yet?
Speaker 1: I said it before they even played it down and.
Speaker 3: People can say what they want to.
Speaker 1: Caleb had the best rookie year for a Chicago quarterback of all time. Jay and Daniels was the best rookie quarterback of all time. Michael Pennix showed there, Bubba bow Knicks was in the throwing a special Rattler made place JJ McCarty. We ain't even seen him play yet, but that's potential based on three gold jackets.
Speaker 3: All I'm telling you is because of COVID.
Speaker 1: Okay, because these guys had more starts than any college quarterbacks in history. I think they benefited from Okay, I think they all benefited from it. And I think they all understand too and what's really working in their favor. Most of the offensive coordinators in the pros I taken a lot of college and incorporating it like it used to be this thing where you'll come to the league is a quarterback and they be like, no, you're gonna do stuff the league way right now they're more bending everything and molding it to the quarterback that they have. Mark my word, best quarterback class all right of all time.
Speaker 2: What do you do if your Tennessee where you got Will Levis is your quarterback mayonnaise mayonnaise man, Yes, do you take probably a short fire thing in Travis Hunter.
Speaker 1: Maybe you go Abdual Carter out of Penn State. It'll be hard to not go him.
Speaker 4: Or do you take you roll the dice on a very good quarterback and Camelore Maybe should or but no real guarantee. Those other positions probably more guaranteed stars.
Speaker 1: There ain't no guarantee in the draft.
Speaker 4: That's true, it's true.
Speaker 1: Second of all, if I'm Tennessee, Will Levis has some only enough. First of all, I don't like my quarterback to be rocked up, right. You have never seen a rocked up quarterback be good. I'd rather have them built like Tom Brady. You're right, though, that's the last time you saw some quarterback.
Speaker 3: Is just just yet.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's just don't go with the position. And Will Levis on paper looks good, sure, but the intangibles are not there. The leadership is not there. It's just not there. If I'm Tennessee and I'm a new coach and I'm starting from scratch, I gonna get me a quarterback because if I draft the quarterback, it buys me time with the fan base ye and lets them know we start building from zero right now. I don't have to give up on Will Levis because I could keep wheel Levis. It forces me not to play my quarterback early if I don't want.
Speaker 3: To Cam Water a shader whoever.
Speaker 1: But I have to get somebody to sell tickets, right now and Will Levis it's not selling ticket.
Speaker 2: No, he's not doing that when it comes to Washington twenty nine picking the draft, Yeah, it could be an edge rusher. You can argu o line help, tight end, tied end, someone say running back deep like you can go a lot of their positions and they receive Oh for sure. I would love to see a meccagbuka if he dropped that people forget about him because he's a very good player.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you have your chance to draft to twenty nine, what is the one position you're going after? And of course who they sign up free agency? Will will ship the calculus?
Speaker 1: I think I go tight end Fanning pretty good, Michigan love love. He won't get there. He gonna be taking so high. Uh Texas, Uh tight end. So tight end is the most intrigued orransition in this draft to me. And if I can get a guy that I can let Ertz rub off on right now, and that means with Ertz I could depend on both of them not needing either one to be the masterpiece right now?
Speaker 2: Is this because you see Ben the Senate as more of a blocking tight end as a bust of pass catcher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm giving him time to develop. Yeah, but I also want to in every room. This is what Philadelphia has put me on the leard that in every.
Speaker 3: Room, I want to upgrade in every room.
Speaker 1: Not some room. In every room besides Jedi five, I'm trying to upgrade. That's even running back, like Rocket Sanders, Like, it's a lot of guys in this draft, Like it's a lot of guys in this draft in the running back room that I'm looking like, this guy is an upgrade through what I got, because if it is, I'm adding them.
Speaker 3: No feelings involved. This is a business.
Speaker 1: So running back, tight end, offensive line, d line, I'm trying to upgrade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of positions. There's a lot of rooms that need upgrading here. That's the exciting thing is that you have the draft coming up. You know Adam Peters, his success in the draft, and also you have a ton of capital.
Speaker 1: You got everything working in your favor exactly as good as we did going to the NFC Championship.
Speaker 3: It was still ground.
Speaker 1: Zero here and you know what I have to talk about this, Okay, I always have said, damn shame, Hall of Fame for what they did to b Mitch and Jacobe in London. The Coach of the Year fifth place. That's week from day of Quinn fifth place.
Speaker 4: It's just because, honestly, it's a byproduct of Jayden being such a like such a media or like such a superstar that it took away from the shouldn't have. But I think in people's eyes it's, oh, it's because of Jaden. Oh it's because of Jayden, And they didn't give full credit to Dan Quinn for changing the culture.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like, come on, Phil, I can understand third. Second.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: You just hurt third because I was expecting him to win it and I was giving you know, I give all the props Minnesota. I played in Minnesota, great job. I just felt like the job here they was a team already almost there, Like they was a good team last year. Oh yeah we won four games. Yes, and to turn it around and go to the NC Championship. How could you not put that coach on the pays.
Speaker 4: I agree, I'm like you, I'm stunned that it wasn't at least close, Like, what are you talking about? Fifth place?
Speaker 1: I felt like, whoever won Coach of the Year should have been first named Dan. It should either have been Dan Campbell, Dan Quinn.
Speaker 3: YEP.
Speaker 1: Simply is that I really did feel like they did the best coaching job out of every coach in the league this year.
Speaker 4: I cannot agree more.
Speaker 1: Okay, all Rana is waking good.
Speaker 5: Well, you kind you kind of actually hit one of the topics of our But I'll play the voicemail and we can add some insight to that.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by iPhone two smooth James, And what's up.
Speaker 9: This is C.
Speaker 10: Michael Hanson and I just this is Friday after the NFL Honors, and I want to say shout out to Jade Daniels that I find for winning ap Offensive Rookie of the Year. He's very deserving of that. But I also want we all need to call the police because I want to report a robbery. The victim was Dan Quinn. He got robbed of Coach of the Year. He definitely should have got that Coach of the Year from taking the team down only had four wins last year to the NFC Championship game. He definitely got robbed of that. So if we can just end the suspect is the NFL whoever does the votes for that, that's the suspect. Last thing I want to say is I'm a teacher down here in North Carolina and this is our homecoming week, so this is spirit week. And Friday originally was Nineties Day, so we're supposed to dress like we're in the nineties. But just yesterday they amended it and said you can either dress like you in the nineties, or in honor of the Super Bowl, you can wear the jersey of your favorite team. Why did they say that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 10: I went home and I got myself and acted like it was game day at Northwest Stadium. So in honor of both the nineties and my Washington Redskins slash commandas I pulled out madele green jersey nice and I acted like it was game day. I rolled up with my flags on my car, my jacket, and I'm all decked out in bergen and go. I'm gonna send y'all picture in the email. But until then, hell to the commanders, y'all stay sicked.
Speaker 6: We saw your email.
Speaker 5: It was awesome.
Speaker 6: Thanks for.
Speaker 3: Most Definitely, if you can't ever lose with the twenty eight, you just care well.
Speaker 6: If you guys could pack a jersey from the nineties to.
Speaker 1: Where right now nineties, I would probably have choices. I think mine would be in the eighth. Well, I guess I'm a thismand guy.
Speaker 3: Now you listen to me.
Speaker 1: People need to go back and watch Joe Thisman film to really appreciate him. And I think he could be the only quarterback in history of the NFL to have punt retording yours.
Speaker 3: He's a punk retorder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like does that not show you?
Speaker 3: And I feel for co I feel for.
Speaker 1: Joe because it ain't nothing like being a top notch athlete and having it what if over your hand? Yeah, because Joe got hurt in the time where they wasn't fixing that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying that that's a really great point to make because a lot of these Joe Montan is another example, and there's a whole you can do a whole deep dive on him getting slamed an artificial turf with this concrete for shortened his career. The medicine was so different, the turf was so different that careers would have been different. Yes, the equipment of the equipment was different, the rules was different.
Speaker 1: You could just ease you the driver eighteen wheel over quarterback at this time and they'd be like, that's the game. And I just feel like it's a lot of what if with Joe, because I have to ask myself, Joe, he already got more yours than the quarterback in this franchise, what would have been like if he never got hurt? So me number seven, Joe, thisman Jersey, That's what I'm throwing up.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 4: You know, I go be Mitch.
Speaker 2: I just love be Mitch and I love his game because it's such a that's such a that's such a great way to you always hear this whole time football. What you know, you got to make a name for yourself on special teams.
Speaker 3: And he made a position third down back.
Speaker 4: I started saying return.
Speaker 1: It started on special teams.
Speaker 2: Like we got to use this guy everywhere every way. We just he's one of those guys like I don't care where he is. Get him on the field, I don't care put in the backfield.
Speaker 1: Be Mitch, Eric Metcalfe or Dave Meggett. Dave became the epitome of a third down back, a specialist.
Speaker 4: And you had to make sure to account for them every single time.
Speaker 1: It's a defensive alert. Yes, right then when they come in the game.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, all right, We're ready for our next voicemail.
Speaker 11: Jay, what's up guys? As your boy mister Savage down in Charlotte, North Carolina repinend Orshington Commanders, I just had a quick question for you. I was curious, I know, uh, with the Miles Garrett and anorization going on, but I think another edge rusher that's not getting a lot of attention that I think we can go get is uh, mister Trey Hendrickson off for Cincinnati. I mean, if you mean if Miles Garrett's a ten out of ten, I'd say Trey Hendrickson is right there at the nine to get onto our squad and Miles Garrett, but still bring not as big of a production as Miles Garrett, and he'd be he'd be pretty close. I think.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 12: I just wanted to get your thoughts on that. And if you think he fits that poor Commander's matra that Adam Peters is preaching, appreciate shall of the show have a.
Speaker 1: Good one with that all gas and no break man. He is most definitely a DNA, let's be honest. And they got to pay Jamar Chase T. Higgins and the first thing they said is we can't.
Speaker 3: Pay everybody top of the market.
Speaker 1: Message. Yeah, so I think Trey Henders DNA is most definitely Commander's DNA.
Speaker 3: But Miles Garrett is a ogre.
Speaker 1: Like sometimes guys are just different the one percent of the one percent.
Speaker 4: And he's hungry, that's what he said. He wants to win a title.
Speaker 1: Why not come on, come on, come on listen now, now he're gonna think about it. Compared to Trey Henderson. He might be a free agent, but you have to give nothing for just pay. Yeah, and Miles Garret, you're gonna have to will and deal for him to give some up right.
Speaker 2: And I trust out of Peters, but it always makes me a little nervous when you have a young team and you have picks.
Speaker 4: Miles Garrett is also because.
Speaker 1: I can guarantee you this, I like a duo call er. I don't think it's a Miles Garrett in this draft. No, thank you. Nah.
Speaker 3: They don't grow on trees.
Speaker 1: If you got a chance, trade the house, Douglas Airport, whatever, whitman, we'll give your Spirit Airlines. Yeah, we don't can't start there. Yeah, we don't like whatever they needs to get traded for a Miles Gary.
Speaker 12: You do it.
Speaker 1: They just don't grow on trees. And I would love to see him. And what number would I put him in?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: One made me making that face too, like I just put him in number one. Just a six six, two hundred and seventy pound man. She looks bigger in the jersey.
Speaker 2: It just looks so scary, Like it looks scary, right, he's a big man wearing that tiny number.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You can also say, I mean to say this earlier when you talk about players coming out there, like he could be the next Miles Gare.
Speaker 4: I'm like, all right, let's pump the brain.
Speaker 1: Let's stop.
Speaker 4: This guy could be the next Michael Jordan. I'm like, okay, yeah, And same thing kind of goes.
Speaker 2: I know it's easy to say afterwards, but the same thing kind of goes with Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady. And I'm not saying that after Mahomes isn't one of the greats, but this whole he could be the goat. Let me put it this way. If he wants to beat Tom Brady's record, yeah, super Bowls, he has to win five more.
Speaker 1: Listen to tie.
Speaker 4: He needs four he's not even halfway there.
Speaker 2: He might do it, but let's slow down a little bit on Once you start winning super Bowls, you just keep on winning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you don't.
Speaker 4: That's extremely difficult to do.
Speaker 1: It's difficult to do. And we are so quick to crown people. Yes, we're so quick to get to the last chapter of the story while we're in the middle of the book that we don't pay attention to it. And that's what they do, especially when it comes to athletes. Once you give him a taste, they'd be like, oh, he the next coming of whoever they who's ever the blueprint? No, you don't do that, And that's why I love what we do at the Lakers. We fleece people, right. We fleece the Orlando Magic for Shack. Yep, no way you're supposed to trade a shack at that time. We fleece the Memphis Grizzly for powle ghazar Gar.
Speaker 4: They fleece the Hornets for cod back in the day.
Speaker 1: We flee the horns for Kobe most definitely, yes, and we just fleece the Daly's Mavericks. Gad but Luca Atlanta stuff the King Slail five. So that's what we do.
Speaker 4: It's gotta be gooingna be a Lakers fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, poor Mass fans because they heard already. Oh he's already had a month with an abductor flat Titan.
Speaker 3: Can't drive Kyle with a flat tan.
Speaker 2: Commanders fans, The twenty twenty four football season is over, but Seekeek is always here to help you experience all the action in twenty twenty five. Sea Geek makes it easy to find tickets so you can be part of all the touchdown celebrations of this season. Doesn't matter if you're buying your selling tickets to Commanders football games or any other live of it in DC. Seat Geek is the place to do it. The official primary ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders, the most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works, expect the expected seat Geek.
Speaker 1: I think I'll go and see Geek and get me a kindred Lamart ticket. Yeah, you know, to be anywhere I'm sure.
Speaker 6: He is playing. He's gonna be playing at Northwest.
Speaker 1: He coming to Northwest.
Speaker 6: Yes, I don't remember when, but yes here somebody said.
Speaker 7: That to me.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, is it soon?
Speaker 1: I guess you need to check that out.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's like the spring summer.
Speaker 1: I'll be there. Don't you worry about it. I will be there, Young Kendrick to the funeral of Drake. Then he's your name is tour the funeral and he doesn't have sales.
Speaker 3: People like that.
Speaker 4: Drake's feral.
Speaker 1: Yes, we already know who he is. Just just put an hour's funeral.
Speaker 3: That's how you need to do.
Speaker 5: Well, we have one more voicemail and then we have a quick game if we have a little time for that, if you guys are up for it.
Speaker 6: Okay, you ready?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Fred and Cheeks, how y'all doing? Man, don't call you from California. Man, I'm actually Jay Daniel's uncle and I was just calling. You know what you guys experience. You know, I've been experiencing for a long time out here on the West Coast and when he was at Azon, when he went to l s U. But I just want to tell y'all in the audience and the fans, you know, thank you for for taking him in and treating him, treating him decent. I appreciate that. You know, his grandparents a lone and Dawn now, but he loved him so and we love Jaden. So lady, make God bless you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I think Daniels, I hope your first name is Jack Way to show love right there.
Speaker 3: We love with any family members.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's you know, he's proud of proud uncle, as he should be.
Speaker 2: And honestly, when you say hey, thank you, it's easy to love and appreciate someone who comes in with that much talent.
Speaker 4: Who is that humble?
Speaker 1: I mean it's easy come to start.
Speaker 4: Everyone said, Man, this kid works so hard, is so humble.
Speaker 1: All he wants to do is win.
Speaker 4: That's an easy person.
Speaker 1: Loving room for no easy. And thank you uncle Jack Daniels for sending us such a special person because it takes a village. Yes, the one thing we know is grown men. We took a little bit of our aunt, aunt, team, our cousin, mom, dad, it's a little bit of all them in us. And to see who he turned out to me and tell me that it was a village of great people around him that help him get to way he is. Well.
Speaker 6: Thank you for calling in. We love our callers.
Speaker 3: Know we got the best colleagues in the game.
Speaker 6: We have the best callers, best emailers.
Speaker 1: Seven of the three podcasts that take in.
Speaker 6: Calls for the commanders. I feel like, yes for.
Speaker 1: Getting back to the basis.
Speaker 6: And we love to hear from you.
Speaker 5: Guys because you guys always have perspectives we don't know. I mean, we had fans emailing us like segment ideas, like if you guys have ideas topics you want us to hit, please email us, send.
Speaker 6: Us, call us, leave us your voice smails words. But we just love all the ideas you guys.
Speaker 2: And also, can I just say, like, it's nice to hear people's voices because how someone says something.
Speaker 4: Like you hear tone gives you some motion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so those things don't always come across or it can be difficult to come across on social media.
Speaker 1: Text whatever you hear like, oh I see what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So without further ado, you guys ready for this game, let's go.
Speaker 6: You guys know I always have different game idea. Yes, this one's called final phrase.
Speaker 5: Basically I typed a word search into Google and you're gonna guess what came up first, or what came up second or third? Yep, And we have three different ones this first one there's actually only two. But if you guess the first you get ten points, second, five points, third, most popular one.
Speaker 1: Okay, typed in ice coffee and Jinks popped.
Speaker 6: So first one, we got the best quarterback in the end. F C East.
Speaker 5: Dais actually yes, yes, that was too easy. Okay, Well who do you think popped up?
Speaker 9: Second?
Speaker 1: Did you say the NFC?
Speaker 6: Yeah, which is surprising, but this was all before the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: When I type this in that it's been out for a while and I feel like Jayden's already established.
Speaker 6: I think rookie season was the floor. It made me say, yeah, yeah, the rookie season was just the beginning.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 6: The next one. The scariest NFL defense is.
Speaker 3: Is Philida.
Speaker 4: It's got to be the Eagles.
Speaker 6: Not even in the top three.
Speaker 4: Let me guess.
Speaker 3: Scariest NFL They probably said Kansas City.
Speaker 6: Nope, Picksburg, Yeah, I thought was number two.
Speaker 1: That was five for you, Fred so is Steelers. Chargers.
Speaker 4: I mean they were good at minimizing points.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure out who has a scary No Patriots.
Speaker 6: Think about our neighbors.
Speaker 1: Oh the Ravens.
Speaker 6: Yeah that was number one.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't understand that was never a top five defense.
Speaker 2: They got they started the year in the lower third or the other got better towards the end of the season, where maybe thrown too.
Speaker 3: I tell people everything in Google, don't make it true.
Speaker 6: And he got says for number three, number three best.
Speaker 3: Wall defense Tampa Bay mm hmm, Jets.
Speaker 6: No, I would say I think Lions.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: I think the division that we played against.
Speaker 5: Oh, the NFC South, the NFC within the NFC North, the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 1: No hacker, hackers, No, come on to Vikers with better defense. I know, I don't know. They googled.
Speaker 3: Maybe with Google.
Speaker 6: Okay, now here's this last one. Why is it blank in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 3: London Fletcher.
Speaker 6: Eli good?
Speaker 1: Nope, Jojia Koby. I'm calling not only.
Speaker 2: Washington, pl I'm thinking about if you go online and you search ELI is going to be all.
Speaker 6: Wayne number two. Do you want me to tell you number two?
Speaker 1: Very good?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I take London first.
Speaker 6: I think justice for London.
Speaker 1: I'm staring in my London Fletcher campaign right now. I'm applying pressure. I think if you don't apply pressure, things don't happen. I'm apply pressure on the Hall of Fame. So can I get something to do it?
Speaker 4: I have no influence, but I'll apply my pressure.
Speaker 1: Right, your pressure is like a half shamee hall of Fame. That's all I'm gonna say. It's some guy that get in there that it ain't the Hall of good of it? All right?
Speaker 4: Ask around, watch the tape, Look at the numbers. It's not close.
Speaker 3: It's not close.
Speaker 4: And that's how we ended.
Speaker 3: It's in our own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, friends, look how focus you are right now? I am you know, I take that very serious, Like I really want to see those three guys going to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: They deserve it.
Speaker 1: Joja Kobe won't because nobody it's nothing sixty about being an album live all right.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but he is a cornerstone for this franchise.
Speaker 1: He should be in their London undisputed. We minch second to Jared. Right, what what do I need to say? I shouldn't have to sell you good stuff reach it. That's Fred Smooth. I'm Michael James. Remember we're coming back on with the twentieth.
Speaker 6: In ye first first Friday, the best Saday Week.
Speaker 4: The best, the new best of the week.
Speaker 1: Yes, we started the week, if not ended with us, thanks.
Speaker 3: To being with us.
Speaker 1: We'll see it then.
Speaker 2: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Anders or any of their representatives.
Speaker 9: Mm hmm