Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of why Can't We trend Together?
Speaker 2: By Trendy. Tell me what?
Speaker 3: Tell me?
Speaker 2: What is there?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 2: I'm Jack, that is Miles.
Speaker 1: We are currently kind of into this video of a performance of the song that said that Hotline Bling samples called why Can't We Live Together?
Speaker 2: By Jenny Thomas.
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty six live performance. We'll just put in the footnotes. Man, you just just notice why this it's one of the best. My keyboard isn't plugged in and I'm on drugs live performance.
Speaker 1: So much on drugs, on so much drugs. It's really infectious or not.
Speaker 4: I don't want to cast his versions. He could just be a freak.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: He's high as a high in the only you know, only a way that people in the late seventies were like that high publicly, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if anyone has any details on that, please let.
Speaker 2: Me where we can get those drugs.
Speaker 1: He's yeah, he's flying, but it's a good It's it's surprisingly close to Hotline Bling, because when Hotline Blink first came out, people were like, this is the same as that dram song.
Speaker 2: This is like the same as right, right right.
Speaker 1: And it's like no, it is like straight up this Timmy Thomas.
Speaker 3: It's called it's like it's the laziest kind of sampling. Yeah, like when people are just like, yeah, that part, I'm just gonna put some drums on it. It's fine not to say that that's not a great way of sampling. But it doesn't take it doesn't take much imagination. There was no mystery, there was no imagination.
Speaker 1: Anyways, highly recommend it and maybe we'll play it for you in one of Air Force Coming vid Jo episodes.
Speaker 2: Keep an eye out for that.
Speaker 5: Yeahah yeah, slowly, we're in the lab. We're in the lab, in the lab. Well, Miles uh. Steve Bannon, it's not always that I'm happy to see his name trending, but today is one of those.
Speaker 2: He's going to.
Speaker 3: Jail, big man in the Big House, and you know, this is what happened.
Speaker 4: So it's not because like, well is it for like the coup and like all this other stuff.
Speaker 3: No, he is basically going to jail because he was you know, he's convicted of contempt of Congress after he did not comply with a subpoena from the January sixth.
Speaker 4: Committee and he was like, yeah, asshole, try and force it.
Speaker 3: And he was convicted and he's like someth gonna appeal and the appeals court it's like, nah, sorry, asshole. So now he must go to jail to report to jail for his four month sentence.
Speaker 2: By July first. Yeah, shame that he won't be.
Speaker 1: Not only had he not faced consequence, Like all of his behavior in line with this specific conviction is just the behavior of somebody who has been so free of consequence for their whole life they can't even.
Speaker 2: Like really conceive of the idea of facing consequences, right.
Speaker 1: They're just like Congress is like you're gonna go to jail, man, like if you gotta come, and like just at every turn just was like, yeah, okay, get me sure, I'm sure they had a fourth shirt on and give you the double barrel fingers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it's funny, like like part of me is like I hate celebrating people going to jail because prisons.
Speaker 2: I think we can make an exception with this, Like.
Speaker 3: It's we're just so used to these fucking freaks, like you're saying.
Speaker 2: Just be like I don't give a fuck about the law. Yeah, And you're like, why the fuck do we then?
Speaker 3: And then you're like, okay, glad, so there are I guess a four month sentence, but you know, like he'll probably come out stronger than ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be interesting to see how jail effects him. And Trump's not going to jail, right, Like, we can all agree like that September or not. September eleventh, July eleventh, which I believe is only six point eight weeks from September eleventh, is going to be disappointing. Right now, I need to look at what six point eight weeks was either side of September eleventh, two thousand and one. I feel like this may be opening up the secret geometry mode. It's a reference to a paragraph about UH pilot, and everybody listens every episode.
Speaker 2: Read it again, I didn't say you needed to do that. Well.
Speaker 3: The pre seasonal chocolate pumpkin pie Eminem's is a strategic move that taps into mars. I can't, dude, it's I'm going to be saying this in the old Folks Home when no one comes to visit me anymore. It's the one thing I'll have on loop coming out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: What did it mean? What did it all mean.
Speaker 4: Oh he's he's urinating into his plants again.
Speaker 1: Hey man, that's we're actually going to be required to do that. By the time we're in an old folks cycle, the moistures and then you drink, drink out of the bottom and the plant will have mostly cleaned it out.
Speaker 2: Oh like water World, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Doesn't he drink his piss in water World?
Speaker 2: He does?
Speaker 1: He has like a big funnelly machine full of le Yeah, yeah, piss process.
Speaker 2: Who's it? And what's its glory? Clean? He's got funny all right. Ikea is uh, there's a new way to make money, folks.
Speaker 3: And yeah, what I'm still having trouble this is Ikea has created a Roadblocks video our game inside of Roadblocks.
Speaker 4: I'm there, I understand that.
Speaker 1: And then but it pays people to work sixteen thousand hour virtual workers who have to be eighteen or older, and your duties include organizing products and Ikea showrooms and serving endless amounts of meatballs at the Swedish food market. So I think it's just like they have actual work that needs to be done in the Roadblocks, So like it feels.
Speaker 2: Like a paid moderator account.
Speaker 1: But just in a video game where things need to be done.
Speaker 4: I I just don't know what what what.
Speaker 3: Do they how how either digital labor being done. This just feels like funny right where they're like, hey, you work at Ikea, but like you're not moving shit around for them in a realistic way that affects their business.
Speaker 2: I don't do it.
Speaker 1: Maybe like maybe you have to. Maybe it helps bring people to the Ikea Roadblocks game. Is like there's somebody who's there doing reliable work that you can like interact with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's it allows quote player employees to immerse themselves in the working world of Ikea. Applying for this job includes answering questions like if you were pixelated at Ikea Furniture, what would you be. I think it's just like a fun way too, cause I don't think everybody can now get a gig working at digital Ikea, because if that was the case, I know a lot of people who would probably just do that. Like sixteen an hour, I can be fully butt naked, smoking weed, and I eat digital meatballs.
Speaker 2: Fine, fine, sure, sure, but.
Speaker 3: Maybe this is like the testing for our future matrix battery world where they're like, yeah, man, suit up for your digital shift.
Speaker 1: We need your human calories to power our machine world. Yeah, I'll take So there's a already a popular game three thousand and eight three zero zero eight, which is a horror survival game set in an infinite Ikea, and Ikea has a history of taking legal action against indie horror action games that are set in Ikea like stores but aren't actually associated with them.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think, I mean, a more fun video game is like, I don't know if it takes place in the only thing I associate with Ikea is Swedish meatballs and couples fighting and arguing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like, a is there no movie that takes place in Nikea like should be?
Speaker 2: There was?
Speaker 3: Remember there were like people who were illegally shooting like a show inside.
Speaker 4: Of an ike there's like ten years ago, I feel like, but.
Speaker 1: Why was there not like a good big budget like zombie movie or rom com or.
Speaker 2: Action movie like die Hard in an Ikea. Yes?
Speaker 3: Please, Oh you're just saying like as the venue. Yeah, there were, oh two thousand and nine, it was called Dude. Yeah, it was a Channel one oh one show. It was called Ikea Heights.
Speaker 2: And did it like presupposed did it?
Speaker 1: Did it like create a fictional universe where like different people lived in different sections of an ikea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it was like a soap opera.
Speaker 3: Wow, But I think they were just using the sets basically the built out things as sets.
Speaker 2: Oh wow in.
Speaker 3: Nikea, dude, man, then like Randall Randall Park was in it, past guests.
Speaker 1: I could see an ikea set movie in like basically every genre, like the like an it's like that apocalyptic movie where the world that we've built for ourselves indoors is just like one big ikea you like sleep in like one, you sleep in the one bedroom set up and then like get out of bed and you're in the middle of an ikea with like a bunch of other bedroom setups.
Speaker 2: Then also, yeah, it could be easily a comedy.
Speaker 1: Easily a rom and where you're like trapped in an ikea trying to I don't know.
Speaker 4: Wait, everyone's trapped in an ikea. I just felt like as.
Speaker 1: A ve in the broad existential sense for the comedy, for the rom com you know, in the way that the reason that couples actually fight in ikeas, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is this the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: Like turn into like an overwhelming existential experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well look, just just fucking make just open up like a fucking drive through for meat balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would really help out.
Speaker 3: I think that's honestly the only move Ikea has to play after this, after obviously just giving people fast furniture, but create a window drive through section just for the meatballs, because I will eat them.
Speaker 1: They need help. Come on, Ikea, listen to us. Uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, and uh, as I said, during the break, we got the story where Will Smith gets slapped in Big Boys four.
Speaker 2: Misspoke.
Speaker 1: Yeah boys boys, Wait boy, what you're going to do?
Speaker 2: So weird?
Speaker 3: They're leaking so much weird shit, like incrementally about this because I feel like no one like I loved the first one and then just diminishing returns after that. And then this time I saw a thing where like Lionel Messi was like in an ad for it that was just sort of like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: That's just so many weird sports time for movies around this time of year. Like I remember, was it two years ago when Nope came out and there were like all these like Steph Curry NBA Finals.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, tie ins with Nope?
Speaker 1: Yeah wait why is why is Steph Curry playing basketball inside the house from Nope?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You know, right, but no, this one was like MESSI was like their neighbor. But all he's like saying in Miami, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah yeah, and You're like okay.
Speaker 3: And then the last thing I saw was just like a clip of behind the scenes clip of this camera rig that Will Smith was using to create like these POV shots, like for when he was like drawing his weapon, and it would just like be like POV of him holding the gun, then POV back looking at him and like he was able to he was operating the camera with it.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, that's an interesting filmmaking thing.
Speaker 3: But there's just like so much shit being like bad boys, bad boys, bad boys that I'm like, okay.
Speaker 2: We get it. Like now what he gets.
Speaker 1: The great piece of viral marketing they came up with is putting something that is going to be headline generating inside the movie. In this case, there is a scene in which Will Smith gets is having a panic attack and Martin Lawrence has to slap him several times to shake him out of it, and I do deeply apologize for if that spoiled one of the set pieces of Bad Boys for for people. And I then but what happens probably if I had to guess, he gets snapped out of it, like does it the thing the only way having a panic attack and then get like brutally murdered by the drug cartel.
Speaker 3: That it's just such a weird thing like it for it to be like this sort of like meta culture joke, like does does Will Smith during this panic attack say something about Martin Lawrence's wife?
Speaker 2: So we don't know we have this setup? Im possible to know that, Miles, it's just such a stupid weight. I don't like why tease that out.
Speaker 1: It's a pop exorcism, Miles, It's a pop exorcism. That's what some critics are calling it, command the ones who were paid to like it. Other people are calling it a lame meta joke, a tasteless nod to the slap meant to rehab Smith's image.
Speaker 2: People are really mad about the slap. Still I've noticed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you know I didn't. I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 2: You weren't expecting the slap.
Speaker 3: I just I can't I didn't see things like that on stage like that, I don't know. Yeah, granted it was like a weird moment, but what whatever.
Speaker 1: Man, sure a tasteless nod to the slap? How dare you cheapen that moment when he walked on stage and slapped so.
Speaker 3: Which is funny too, because like on the internet, like you know, I felt like a lot of black people were like, I mean, you know, it's kind and then there was so much pearl clutching happening from like like that's just so shameful. So you're like, okay, I see like the racism part creeping in right, But like it was just funny because most people were like, yo, he's been saying shit about Jada for so long that you could kind of see like a timeline or where it comes to that. Obviously, no one's saying like, yeah, I advocate for putting hands on people constantly out of nowhere, just on a on a dime.
Speaker 2: But it was sort of one of those things. I mean, dude's talking about his wife. I don't know, Yeah, shit like that happens. Call it a tasteless reference to the slap? Is weird? Slap is like.
Speaker 1: Is a tasteless, like tabloid moment, So.
Speaker 2: What what the fuck are you even talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, clearly they don't care if they're saying.
Speaker 1: They don't give a shit in the movie is getting like about the same reviews as previous Bid Boys the three Bad Boys three, which was the top grossing film for the year twenty twenty. Because it was the last movie to come out before the pandemic shut everything down, it feels weird.
Speaker 3: For a Bad Boys movie to come out in the early part of the year, Like Bad Boys has always felt like a summer movie thing.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: I think they had very extremely low expectation.
Speaker 2: I think was why they did that.
Speaker 1: They were like and they knew about the pandemic, and they had some sense with you know, not everybody obviously Christopher Nolan, they didn't tell about it because he had tenant about to come out.
Speaker 2: But we'll yeah, well yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean because yeah, I mean because like when I think about Bad Boys Too, I was so hyped because I was the summer I graduated high school and like that Boys Too, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was like, oh fuck yeah, bro, Bad Boys to the world is fucking smiling on me. I can't wait to graduate college in two thousand and seven, everything will be okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's funny that every Bad Boys movie, like Herald some plague upon us. Like Bad Boys two is the global financial collapse, Bad Boys three is uh COVID nineteen. Well, we'll see what we got coming to us, a second Trump presidency, another global pandemic.
Speaker 2: I don't know, we don't know.
Speaker 3: There was no the like a person in Mexico dying a bird flew and everyone was like, yeah, that was something that.
Speaker 1: I recently asked my wife about. She's not an epidemiologist. She's a medical doctor, though, and I was like, stop hearing stuff that, Like, it's not going to be one hundred years until the next global pandemic, like this last break that we had between nineteen eleven and COVID nineteen. It might be a lot sooner because of climate change. She's like, yeah, yeah, no, of course.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, see, what, where's your bedside manner? Don't fucking be don't give me the fucking truth.
Speaker 1: And I do leave her reviews about her bedside manner all the time, and she's leaving me so uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds very scary to me.
Speaker 3: The World Health Organization was like the risk of like human transmission.
Speaker 4: Is pretty low. That's what they're still saying.
Speaker 1: At the moment. Can transmiss anyways? Uh, stay safe out there, folks. Yes, the reviews look about the same. We'll see if Bad Boys four is the movie that gets the box office out of its dule drum.
Speaker 2: Will you go see it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Will you watch it on an airplane?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Yeah, that's what I think.
Speaker 4: That's where I think this one that's out at at least for me.
Speaker 2: But I get it.
Speaker 1: That that scene in Bad Boys too where they're throwing things off of the car carrier is uh And isn't there like bodies in this throwing dead bodies like it's a car chase the yeah, yeah, yeah, car carry and then thrown dead bodies is one of the wildest things. Like it's it's not a high point in the history cinema, but it.
Speaker 2: Is a point.
Speaker 1: Things that make you go, things that you can never your brain can't forget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Let's see the Academy might finally listen to us and add a stunt category to the Oscars. This is something we've been saying, you know, they need to.
Speaker 3: Said something we specifically have been clamoring for again, You're welcome, You're welcome the world.
Speaker 1: So they already just added a casting category, which I think is fun, right, Like casting is when I hear that movie podcasts like talk about and this is who they were initially going to cast and then they either because of like circumstance or just good decision making, like went with who they went with and it like changes fucking everything like that. That that's cool. I like the idea of being able to appreciate casting more. Granted, they're not going to be like and look at who we almost went with on this fucking sucked right, Like Will Smith was gonna be neo in the Matrix. Yeah, Like they can't do that at the oscars. So like, the casting one is cool in theory, but I feel like as an in execution is not going to be that fun of an addition to the Academy Awards. However, stunts like where you get to see them, like do the stunts and show you like what what went into the stunts and like think about the art and physicists that goes into this shit.
Speaker 3: If we're giving awards for effects, if we're giving awards for costumes, we should be giving it for like, this is such a part of the filmmaking process that to not to ignore that it really does seem a bit odd.
Speaker 4: Like anytime you're like holy.
Speaker 3: Shit in a movie, it's not because like it like we have to honor the moments where people holy shit.
Speaker 2: And how those came together, especially like with stunts.
Speaker 1: But I think refers is also like one that we should be because they don't have like a category for best like visual like effect.
Speaker 2: Do they like best yeah? Special effect? Visual effects? Yeah, they do effects. Yeah, yeah, all right? Are you okay? Nah, not at all? Go Zillus.
Speaker 4: Really I believe when it this year, this last year?
Speaker 2: Okay yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched the Academy Awards since the slap. It made me so upset.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it, I get it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like I think, what was you like this? Like when Mary Poppins like won it this? That's how long I've had that ship visual effects? Yeah, okay, hmmm, I don't believe you anyways.
Speaker 4: This is like me with the artificial flavors. Shit, I'm like, I don't know, man, are you sure about that? It's right there, it's right there.
Speaker 1: And finally, uh Joe Biden went over to observe D Day in France and and Russia was.
Speaker 2: Not present because even though they were a.
Speaker 1: Big part, but some may say the big part of winning World War two, historian.
Speaker 3: A moment experts on the subject say that maybe it was the contribution of Russia that ultimately won World War Two. I live in America, and it all happened on D Day.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: When you said Biden went to go observe D Day in France, I just thought of him as being like this Nepo person who was able to dodge the drafts, like Daddy.
Speaker 4: I want to see the men land on the beach, just like ooh, that looked like it hurt.
Speaker 1: M We all set in dirigibles with our binocular with our binoculars on some sporting fighting going on over there. No, and then Biden like dunked on Russia during his speech, suggesting parallels between the invasion in Ukraine and World War Two, which I don't know. Teasing world War three may not have been the best tone for right now.
Speaker 4: A lot more too, you're bluster happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Also weird to hear someone rant about illegal aggressions in the world with absolutely no mention of Gaza. But you know this is a campaign stop.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And in addition to his speech, he dropped a new commercial on D Day featuring interviews with veterans, uh crapping on Trump for being a draft dodger.
Speaker 3: Oh genius, genius.
Speaker 2: Of all the things.
Speaker 1: Like so Trump has like called soldiers who died in wars, like you know, just like ship shipped on them, shot on their families, like.
Speaker 2: Made like I wouldn't have gotten captured. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like you've done so much bad ship with regards to the military that going with like draft dodger just feels like we're matt like And granted he you know, got out of the draft purely due to his wealth and privilege.
Speaker 2: But it was Vietnam. Yeah, exactly like Vietnam draft dodgers, right right right.
Speaker 3: It is a weird take, but also just like weirder in the larger context because veterans are always used as this like political cudgel where but neither party gives a fuck about them. They just think it's this thing you have, like, especially since nine to eleven, like evoking the troops and shit feels like, oh man, it feels good to do now do we give a fuck about the condition like these people are in when we've used them in our wars of empire and resources. No, So, like it's weird to be like, do you like you politically? These people aren't even respected and just used as like a prop so then to like use it to attack another person, it's like, but none, none of y'all give a fuck about it. So who is this supposed to move? And the veterans that support Trump, they don't give a fuck that he was disrespecting like gold Star families and all that kind of shit. So it's just like, okay, man, yeah, you spent a lot of money talking to some like older dudes.
Speaker 2: You're talking about the war, right, Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is this like a savvy political move?
Speaker 2: I honestly don't think so. But god, as I said, yeah, look.
Speaker 4: Trying to be the goat of losing elections, I guess, so sure, let's try it out.
Speaker 2: Let's try it out.
Speaker 3: Let's try it out, and like, no, maybe like do something about veteran care too as president.
Speaker 2: That would be cool. Hey what about that?
Speaker 3: Like, oh man, you know, Donald Trump, he didn't have to suffer like you did in a meaningless war. Yah, huh, what do you think now about him? It's like, I don't know. I think that war was meaningless. I'm kind of pissed off that I had to be part of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, no, no more on him being like a shithead. Maybe you could use like old tiny grizzled RaSE.
Speaker 3: Sorry, colonel, do you mind saying this line? I'm not really comfortable. Just just read it just to see how it sounds. Okay, Donald Trump is a damn shithead.
Speaker 2: According to me. Perfect. Thank you. We're going to thank you so much and thank you for your service.
Speaker 1: All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show.
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines, get blue shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,