Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and He Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Patrick Mahomes out for the season. Mahomes suffering that torn acl in the loss of the Chargers. Kansas City now out of playoff contention, Mahomes is expected to need surgery, but the Chiefs head coach Andy Reid now says the Mahomes will get a second opinion before any surgery.
Speaker 4: After a decade of winning the division every year and showing up in the Super Bowl practically every year, the Kansas City Chiefs are done. Some of you are excited about that. Some of you are not the casual fan. So many casual fans and Chiefs clothes that I've seen around the country because they've been the number one team for so long.
Speaker 2: Nic But they're big star, really really hurt. God.
Speaker 4: They got to be almost happy to have a break. They've got to be after going deep in the playoffs that many years in a row. You've i mean, they played like an extra two seasons or something like that over teams that weren't in the playoffs. You got to be worn out.
Speaker 1: I'm sure as guys who are fanatically competitive, they're disappointed. But when they're relaxing watching football on the TV with families and playing golf with buddies and no longer getting a crap beat out of.
Speaker 2: Them, they might think, yeah, this isn't so bad now, boys.
Speaker 4: One of the kind of weird things that happened that allowed Michael Jordan to have that six championship run was he took a break in the middle. You don't usually get to do that where you're not, you know, playing an extra half a season every year and grinding yourself down and having to focus so much. You get a break, a sabbatical, come back and try it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, huh.
Speaker 4: If Patrick Mahons is hurt, hurt like uh, will never be the same, that'd be a really big deal for the league.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It amazes me how guys bounce back from the serious tendon tears, knee knee problems, knee surgery.
Speaker 2: Is that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I think I would be terrified for the rest of my life and taking the wrong step, And these guys are eluding biamoths and getting smashed into But you see it over and over again.
Speaker 2: I wish him well, it seems like a really nice young eluding Biamuth. Yeah, exactly. Should do we have a little clip of white Christmas?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a little little clip. Cool. I'm excited about that Christmas. Legally, that's how.
Speaker 1: Much we can play right for rules having to do with licensing and podcasts and that sort of thing. But anyway, I came across an absolutely wonderful, incredibly moving bit of journalism writing thinking about that song, which is the top selling single of all time and it's seven Is that correct? No, it is not, actually, but that's kind part of the story. It was recorded in nineteen forty as part of the music for Holiday In and the Molly in the Hotel. No, it's no, that's the name of the movie. I think the hotel chain came afterward. Interestingly, the movie Oh my god, it's my wife's favorite movie. Really, I don't I don't know if I've never even heard of holiday In. It's practically on a loop during the Holiday Show kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so it's it's one of the several popular songs from that movie. But by the time the Christmas season the movie came out in nineteen forty two because of production delays and that sort of thing. But anyway, it came out in nineteen forty two. And what modern folks don't realize is that, much like the song I'll be Home for Christmas, the fame and the emotional weight of the song had everything to do with World War Two. We had hundreds of thousands of guys overseas and the song and the thoughts of snowy treetops and carefree children were an incredible comfort, kind of a bittersweet comfort to the guys fighting overseas. Servicemen requested it again and again and again on our Armed Forces radio, and it was the top selling song of the year.
Speaker 2: In nineteen forty two.
Speaker 1: And then in a twenty sixteen article, Howard Crosby was Ben Crosby's nephew, told a story about being He said, I once asked Bing about the most difficult thing he had ever had to do during his entertainment career. He said, in December nineteen forty four, he was in a USO show with Bob Hope and the Andrews Sisters. They did an outdoor shore show in northern France. At the end of the show, he had to stand there and sing White Christmas with one hundred thousand gis and tears without breaking down himself. And of course a lot of those boys were killed in the Battle of the Bulge a few days later.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oof. And that feeling of longing.
Speaker 1: For home and the people at home longing for their men overseas and women in some cases nurses, and that sort of thing was part of why that song had such enormous weight for people emotionally and why you know, it's also just a beautiful, beautiful song.
Speaker 2: Well most one of the reasons it's as huge as it is.
Speaker 4: Obviously, it is because it's still very popular to hear around Christmas time, and we ain't thinking about World War Two when we're hearing it right when I heard it for the first time.
Speaker 1: Well, interestingly, a final note on this, because of the way records were manufactured back in the day, the song became so popular after the war that Decca Records wore out the original master tape by nineteen forty seven and summoned Bing to re record the version, which is the one we know and love today. Okay, so that's why when I played it off Apple Music the other day, it said nineteen forty seven, they had to.
Speaker 2: Re record it, Yeah, exactly. I wonder how similar it is to the original.
Speaker 1: Substantially, I would guess. I don't imagine they'd mess with it. But that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I were in charge of Decat Records, I'd say I want the same freaking guys playing violin.
Speaker 2: Don't change anything. They wore out the original.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they re released it so many times. White Christmas is available to stream on Amazon Prime. Amazon soon to be in charge of everything on Earth that's Amazon anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember hearing years ago about I'll be Home for Christmas, which you know most people think of is, oh, yeah, I wanted to drive back to Kansas or whatever, see the folks, No, my god. It was about being in a fox hole and wanting to live long enough to be home for Christmas.
Speaker 2: I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams. That was all about the troops.
Speaker 4: I've been doing like probably a lot of people are doing, where you just kind of get a general Spotify or Apple Music or Iron Music or whatever you're using Christmas music list, and it gives you and it's got everything from Bing Crosby and forty seven singing White Christmas to Ariana Grande singing some pop Christmas song now and everything in between, and they vary a lot. And I like the older classics classics? Is that just because I'm old? I mean I like the stuff that was all recorded before I was born. Mostly, Yeah, as opposed to anything more modern.
Speaker 2: But that's just me.
Speaker 1: I'd rather have a reindeer gormy in my chestnuts than hear the latest Ariana Grande Christmas song. Please well, give me Andy Williams, give me Bing, give me Dean Martin.
Speaker 4: Has that Mariah Carey song made it to the standard list yet, because that came out a long time ago, and that's a very very big hit for Christmas music present. I keep hearing the what was the one where they raised money for starving kids in Africa?
Speaker 2: That one? I keep hearing that a lot. Yeah, do they know it's Christmas by band Aid? Mm hmm. It's catchy tune.
Speaker 4: It is a very catchy tune, and the cause kind of like came and went quickly, but it's very catchy Christmas song.
Speaker 1: It's actually the lyrics are very dopey if you listen to them, because they completely ignore the fact that a they may be vaguely aware that it's Christmas both most of them are Muslims, so do they know it's Christmas time at all? They're Muslims, they're starving Muslims, They're not. It isn't that they're starving, it's that they're Muslims. With all due respect to Bono and members of various groovy groups back in the day, Wham whatever, Huey Lewis, who has a lovely turn in it, Cindy Lauper at all, but their hearts were.
Speaker 2: In the right place.
Speaker 1: They're trying to do good, anti money for starving pape what come on? But again, the lyrics kind it dumb. Yeah, that's a good point. I don't know if that was pointed out at the time. I don't think it was. We acted like everybody in Africa's starving, had a Christmas tree up pushing they had food. Part of that was true. Half of that was true. That's true, the other not so much. Why are we raising money for the Scouts this week? Well, I'll explain that in a little bit and see where we are. We have a gender is it a gender benning madness?
Speaker 2: We got this hour? Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Gender Bending Menace update at the bottom of the hour. Oh, it's a blockbuster. It explains so much of the social contagion of adolescence identifying as transgender and the nightmare of then activist adults mutilating them because they're momentarily confused. I there ought to be trials for this and soon. Oh, the job's numbers are out too. We ought to touch on that. Maybe we'll get to that soon. Stay here, yo, yo, how you doing so?
Speaker 4: The theory is this time of year we try to raise money for something good, and I know for me, it's the idea that I'm spending a lot of money on myself and my kids and indulgence and that sort of stuff, and so throw some money toward a little making the world a better place seems like a good idea. And we're trying to raise money for Scouting and hoping to raise a hundred thousand dollars. We got a bunch of texts yesterday and various people like this thank you for choosing to support Scouting. Two of my sons are Eagle Scouts, and one is very close Now. My husband and I have committed to volunteering with Scouting from Tiger Scouting all the way up until now. Man, Like a lot of things ban programs, youth sports, scouting, the way I'm seeing parents, moms and dads, the amount of time that they put into this, whether it's going on some of the camping trips, or being at the meetings, or running some of the various merit badges and stuff like that, and now of course for free.
Speaker 2: You know, you're all.
Speaker 4: Donating your time. Just tremendous amount of time involved. Very impressive. Anyway, I agree with your comments of out how it makes responsible little adults little by little over time with the program. My boys have been well prepared for interviewing for jobs and attending college. And I believe a large part of it is because of their scouting experience. And we've got a lot of stuff about well this one for instance, the experience in being a good citizen, learning how to serve the community and help others, which I really really like, and I mentioned since my son joined scouting, I think it's the best thing that has happened in his life. And I've seen kids that were sixteen years old that seem like they're twenty eight years old. And I feel like in the modern world. I see the reverse most often. I see twenty eight year olds who seem like they're sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, And I don't want to go into this much that we've had some people express concern about certain changes in recent years at the Scouts and stuff. But as a force for a good, particularly in lives of young boys and young men, it's just indisputable that it is that, and it's important and it gives it's so good for how many.
Speaker 4: Organizations are still saying the pledge of the Allegiance and doing the flag ceremony if the US flag and all that sort of stuff. Anyway, we're raising money. We're gonna do an update here in a second, so we do the thing when we raise money where you can either can we explain why we're raising money to do what? Oh right, so more kids can join. So it costs some money to be in. It's gonna be at least a couple of hundred dollars to get your kids signed up, and some people just decide I can't afford that. And so this is basically scholarships to be to be able to, you know, say hey, we'll cover that Scouting and be able to say hey, we'll cover that for a whole bunch of different kids so that they can get signed up and you know, get this leadership opportunities or learn the pledge of allegiance because they're not teaching them to you a school or whatever.
Speaker 1: Right instead of having them on the streets with the streets being their mentors.
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 4: But we always do this thing where you can donate with your name, you can donate anonymously, or you can come up with a funny name. For instance, Jack's Wet Sheets donated two hundred and sixty dollars.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that's your comforter technically right, Gavin needs it more? Twenty five bucks? Is that like it? Like? Yeah, are you getting any like that kind of needs it more? Hell is going on? No? I don't know either, Gavin. Um, there's one more funny one I wanted to get to. Where didn't that go? Hip?
Speaker 4: Anonymous? And like the hippopotamus? I guess one hundred bucks? Oh, our boss dropped the hundred bucks. Thank you to our boss, Steve. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thanks Steve.
Speaker 1: Appreciate here's how much good betes roll your little uh drum roll for us.
Speaker 2: Will you should learn that as there.
Speaker 1: We were training there in Dunkirk, World War One veteran Gladys. Thank you for your service.
Speaker 2: Thirty eight and eighteen dollars. There you go, thirty eight thousand dollars. We're barely two days in. Everyone's gonna help a lot of kids to have a lot of great experiences.
Speaker 4: We're exposed to a lot of people, a lot of stations all over the place. If you just go to Armstrong and getdy dot com, twenty five bucks. Come on, you're gonna spend that much when you go through the Starbucks drive through today.
Speaker 1: Twenty five bucks, fifty bucks something again, pittances, Oh, Armstrong a getty dot com donate now.
Speaker 2: The button's super easy.
Speaker 4: I wonder if Hay to find had you heard any spin on the jobs numbers that are out today?
Speaker 1: Number, so I attempted to take them in. It's a full time job trying to understand the jobs numbers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the US added sixty four thousand jobs in November. The unemployment rate rose a little bit. It's four point six percent. It's the highest in four years, fueling questions about America's economy underlying strength. All Right, it's always all the numbers that come out every month, are always fueling questions.
Speaker 2: Of course, the.
Speaker 1: Federal government employees employment shrank by six thousand November, adding to a massive loss of one hundred and sixty two thousand federal jobs in October. Federal government employment is down by two hundred and seventy one thousand since January. Yeah, I'm reminded of how enormous the federal government is.
Speaker 4: Well, the adding of sixty four thousand jobs was ahead of the expectation, which I don't get that whole thing, but they were expecting forty five and they got sixty four, So you bought.
Speaker 1: The unemployment rate rose more than expected. That's what I'm telling That's what my little joke about a full time job. Overall, economists describe the current labor market as a low fire, low higher environment.
Speaker 2: That's good because it rhymes. That is true.
Speaker 4: They put a lot of work into making sure you got rhyming phrases or alliteration.
Speaker 1: Sure, alliteration is very important. Oh, that reminds me. Had we had a pre show meeting tipping point?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, we had a pre show meeting worthy You know, I was somewhat annoyed by the fact that the gender Bending Madness Update, which is coming up in just a couple of minutes and it's a blockbuster, also has it shares the word madness with a campus Madness update, and Katie decided or suggested campus chaos update.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's a good So that's the new.
Speaker 1: Name, and it's got a literation, so that makes it more true.
Speaker 2: Is that the way it works? Yes? Oh yeah, with the rimes are right, Yeah, everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we certainly hope you're gainfully employed if you'd like to be, and if you're not, we wish you well.
Speaker 2: Been there, done that, hated it.
Speaker 4: So the three big stories, they got a new lead in the search for the Brown University shooter. Okay, I think that is going to be turned out to be disappointingly, frustratingly mundane and just another kind of crazy, adjacent, angry person who decided to kill people. Those stories are horrifying. I don't know what we do about that. In the Rob Reiner story, his son is going to be charged with murder probably today, a couple murders. And the only greater significance I can see to that story is what do we do with drug addicts? Who are out there on the street and we know they're drug addicts and they're dangerous, and they they're still doing the thing.
Speaker 2: What do we do with that crowd?
Speaker 1: If that young man couldn't be saved by compassion and rehab and money, what do we do right.
Speaker 4: For the average person on the street where you don't have even close to the resources to throw at them. That's the big question about the Rob Reiner thing. To me, that's what we should be discussing rather than his celebrity.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: I hope your Christmas is holly and jolly. I really do again. It rhymes, so it's more true. That's what we've discovered.
Speaker 1: Hey, how about a gender bending madness update. Oh it's the blockbuster.
Speaker 2: I kept hearing about this thing called by the loco. We're a brave among sane people.
Speaker 1: The craze, the trend feels like it's over, but man institutions are doubling down on the madness. Uh, there's all sorts of stuff to get to, so leticious dive right in. First of all, a transidentified male serving a twenty two year sentence for the violent murder of his own mother was quietly transferred into a minimum security Illinois women's prison with a mother baby unit. John Wesley Finegan, who began calling himself Hannah Dagne in twenty fourteen, approximately five years into his prison term, was transferred to.
Speaker 2: The Kush Women's Prison. Wow.
Speaker 1: Recently, yes, a story that ten years ago, every human on earth would have said, what, that's the stupidest.
Speaker 4: Thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Again, you got to undo that before ten years from now they'll say.
Speaker 4: It, or ten years ago women's groups should have been marching over that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely outraged.
Speaker 1: Another tidbit here, a shortest story than I'm going to get to the main thing I wanted to get to.
Speaker 2: But a.
Speaker 1: Woman's group has been formed at Cambridge University, The Cambridge University Society of Women, an association for female students at the university, quote providing a place for free speech, discussion and association among women. Here's the problem, they said, no women, biologic biological sex is.
Speaker 2: Real and immutable.
Speaker 1: In other words, men who call themselves trans cannot become women, therefore cannot join the Cambridge University Society of Women. Within forty eight hours of its founding, more than thirty other societies at Cambridge had signed a document denouncing it. This is in the present day, friends, So on the universities in some governments Blue states, they are pushing this stuff hard.
Speaker 2: We need to push back.
Speaker 1: The groups who signed the agreement to decriede quote feminism without intersectionality as not effective, considerate, or productive and reiterated that the underside organizations quote are safe spaces for transgender and gender queer students. Soon after that, of petition circulated on campus to ban the society completely. And the gal who founded it as an undergraduate where, who says where unless you supported what she called the omni cause of progressive dogma, you're in the intellectual minority claiming sex based rights and pointing to sex based depression by extension. That was such a bad view to hold, she said, speaking of her experience in undergrad unbelievable. But here's the part I really wanted to get to about the social contagion of adolescent girls identifying as transgender or whatever queer.
Speaker 2: Because it's hot, it's hip.
Speaker 1: And then we pointed out the study that came out fairly recently. Over the past decade, the number of young Americans identifying as transgender non binary rose sharply then declined just as sharply cut.
Speaker 2: In half in the space like two years. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: This pattern invites an obvious political story transgender identification fell out of fashion due to a cultural backlash, or it's a lesser and or it's lesser prominence and left wing politics. But there's another more subtle explanation for the pattern. And this is the part that I found super interesting. As we all right try to understand human beings, we're such a weird species. It's all about the dynamics of signaling. In a crowded social environment, human beings spend a surprising amount of time sending in decoding signals about who we are, what we value, and where we stand. We've talked about this jack a lot, you know, virtue signaling and tribal messaging and stuff like that. Most of these signals entail costs we are willing to bear, like time, money, social risks, sometimes even bodily alteration. And they mentioned various examples various cultures. The central claim of signaling theory, which was developed independently in economics and evolutionary biology, interestingly enough, is that costly signals are a more reliable indicator of underlying traits or commitments than cheap ones.
Speaker 2: This is because.
Speaker 1: Cheap signals can be easily faked by those who don't I won't possess the relevant traits. For example, and this is an animal example from you know, evolutionary biology, the peacock grows colorful and elaborate plumage to signal to the PN that it is capable of surviving despite being encumbered with such a handicap. Don't worry, I'll bring it home to human being. So when it comes to gender, the same principle applies. Declaring an identity is a low cost signal to show that you're down with the group, that you're progressive, that you're woke. It costs you practically nothing, especially when it's a craze as compared to say, undertaking medical transition or changing your legal documentation, or living in ways that carry social and professional risks. Individuals who incur those costs actually get surgery, for instance, send stronger, hard to fake signals. Hence, when signaling environment changes when too many others are sending that week easy to fake signal, the payoff shifts. You don't get any credit for it anymore, and so we see a fall in transgender identification. In other words, you're a thirteen year old girl, do you want to show you're down with the trans thing and the queer thing and you're no bigot, and you're woke and you're modern and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: You say, yeah, I'm gender queer.
Speaker 1: Even though you have no sexual thoughts whatsoever, or maybe just you're an adolescent.
Speaker 2: But then when.
Speaker 1: Everybody's doing it, you don't get any credit for it anymore, and the only reason you're saying it is for the social credit. So you see a rate of transgender identification plunge in an impossibly short time if it was all sincere.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think of an example of it on the right, because you know, everybody's susceptible to the wanting to signal to their group. Hey, I'm part of the group. What would be an example of a like a difficult to do signal that shows I'm really down as opposed to a week and you know, driving a big is that one?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know what it would be. Oh, that's a really good question. I would have to newtilance through for a while.
Speaker 1: If anybody can come up with anything, drop us a text four one, five, two nine five KFTC or for one all right, I'm sorry a mailbag and I'm strong egiddy dot com. So they've got a couple more examples. I think you'd probably get it at this point. The university degree is often less about the content of Shakespeare metaphysics than about demonstrating traits like intelligence, persistence, and conformity.
Speaker 4: Hilarious that you suggested they teach Shakespeare anywhere, But I get to your point.
Speaker 1: Right anyway, So but that use that was the conventional wisdom about a degree.
Speaker 2: Uh, you don't need that degree for this job.
Speaker 1: But the fact that you have the degree shows that you're reasonably bright, you're persistent, you stuck with it and finished it.
Speaker 2: Uh, and you can follow rules and get with a system. That is been my experience.
Speaker 4: That graduate degree gets thrown around without it matter really what the degree was in or anything like that. It's you went to graduate school. You can use just quote everything counts.
Speaker 1: Right, right, But so then if degrees become a walk in the park with great inflation and you don't even not show up to class anymore, that signal is it's worthless now. So anyway, I thought that was a super interesting little melding of science and human behavior.
Speaker 2: Let's see one more.
Speaker 1: And I wish we had more time for this, but it's becoming absolutely undeniable, the link between transgenderism and autism. The number of autistic kids who are trying to figure out who they are, why they're not like everybody, why they don't belong. And as the parent of autistic kid, I will tell you that being accepted is extremely important because they don't get that. They don't get acceptance because they are different, if you prefer the term neuro divergent. And so if someone offers them warm acceptance and you're one of us and we think you're cool, autistic kids will often leap at that.
Speaker 4: Dang it, I didn't know that that is something. So you got a kid they're.
Speaker 1: Lonely, They're profoundly lonely, to put it frankly. You got a kid that's, you know, however far down the spectrum of autism, and you're dealing with this, whoa, that's a lot well. And to my point, though, who will offer those lonely alienated kids immediate, warm, enthusiastic acceptance if they agree with.
Speaker 2: The party line?
Speaker 1: The intersectional crowd, the transgender crowd, the radical gender theory folks, and critical race theory.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, you've got a group and friends and you're being cheered. Yeah, I can see why that'd be very appealing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And maybe we'll carve that one out and spend more time on it another time because it's super interesting. But then finally I wanted to get to this one, and this is from the extremely responsible Free Press winging it. What the gender doctors say in private and footage obtained by the Free Press. Gender doctors acknowledge they perform life altering procedures on vulnerable youth with no supportive evidence, and they're proud of it.
Speaker 2: They are active.
Speaker 1: They are radical activists that want to erase the gender divisions. That's part of critical theory if you go back to the origins of it in the you know, you know France Fanan and what's his name, Michelle Fuco, they wanted to erase all binaries and all divisions between people. Will get to some of these sick ohs and what they think and actually say behind closed doors afterward from our friends at Omahas Takes. Yeah, so there's going to be a meal right at some point with either Christmas or Christmas Eve or New.
Speaker 4: Year's or whatever, there's gonna be a meal. There's gonna be a big meal or a lot of meals, and you need an idea. Omaha Steaks is the best idea, absolutely the best stuff all around. And it's not just steaks in case you don't know that, all that kinds of stuff. They got the burgers, and they got chicken in, they got apple tartlets, and they got great hot dogs and lots of different things at Omaha Steaks. And right now our listeners at Omaha steaks dot com get an extra thirty five dollars off with the code Armstrong at checkout.
Speaker 1: I've just never been disappointed with a single bite of delicious steak or dessert or or anything. Man, the franks are unbelievable from Omaha Steaks. Makes a great gift for somebody who craves deliciousness but doesn't need more stuff that they're just going to put in a drawer until they feel guilty and then finally give it to Goodwill. Anyway, say big on goremet gifts and more holiday favorites with Omaha Steaks. Visit omahastakes dot Com for an extra thirty five dollars off. Use the promo code armstrong you check out. Terms apply see the site for details. That's Omaha Steaks dot Com. Use that promo code armstrong you need it at checkout. So final note a video obtained by the Free Press from the twenty twenty one conference of the US Professional Association for Transgender Health.
Speaker 2: That's your.
Speaker 1: Upath, us path whatever. There's a social worker with the transgender health program at the Oregon Health and Science University speaking about a case of an adolescent who wants to be made to look as if they have no sex at all. And they were describing this eighteen year old who was living on his own for the first time, and he explained a desire to look like Barbie down there. Wow, Sky was this person's name, reported being asexual, never had sex, having no desire to have sex in the future. Indeed, Sky did not want to feel any pleasurable sensation and hope removal of all arogenist tissue would be possible.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a person with some serious issues. That is precisely right.
Speaker 1: And as this doctor writes in the Free Press, not long ago, a patient like Sky would have been given a psychological evaluation and offered mental health counseling. But in the evolving world of gender medicine, clinicians now want to help young people like Sky achieve their gender goals, and they go into nullification procedures and that they're not as accessible as they should be, and.
Speaker 4: Nullification being there's a name for not wanting to be either.
Speaker 2: Nullification. That's the first time we've heard that term. We got to talk more about that coming up.
Speaker 4: Stay here, So wrapping up our conversation. So I was one hundred percent aware obviously of various surgeries people get to be a different sex, you know, present, physically, whatever how you want to look at it.
Speaker 2: I didn't because it can't change your sex.
Speaker 4: I had not not come across the word nullification though, where people want to be neither like a ken doll. Yeah, they want to be completely non a non sexual being, meaning neither male nor female, and that the number of those poor metal ill people are growing in number.
Speaker 2: What do you have you gotta urinate out of something? Do you have a faucet? Souh.
Speaker 1: So this this person who's giving the speech that that when confronted with a patient like Sky who are talking to talking about existing research and standards of care are not enough to meet the needs of our patients, and we need to take it to the next level to really think about how we evolve and match the need of our patients as their needs are being expressed to us. And then the psychologist who is working with the young confused young man agreed and described doing just that. Here's where it gets sick. And here's my point. These people are such lunatic extremist activists, the psychologists. Here's where it gets sick. Okay, we haven't gotten sick yet. Okay, yeah, yeah, no kidding. The psychologist told the conference that quote, it's important to reframe the role of the mental health person or the psychologist as a collaborator rather than a gatekeeper. That meant, she explained, making sure that patients with serious mental health problems such as multiple personalities in psychosis, are not excluded from gender surgery just because the team is quote uncomfortable operating on them.
Speaker 4: That's the definition of the usually said as a negative phrase, the inmates are running the asylum.
Speaker 2: Yeah right right.
Speaker 1: This Mary Marsiglio mayor Marsiglio was the name of the psychologist said that being a member of the surgical team provided the opportunity to help the patient navigate care. This is especially necessary when what is requested by the patient is a surgery that has not been performed before or is of higher risk.
Speaker 4: I would like you to cut off my foot. Well, I don't want to be a gatekeeper. You're in charge of your care. I'm just here to do what you ask.
Speaker 2: Even people with.
Speaker 1: Serious mental health problems like psychosis should not be excluded from gender surgery just because the team is uncomfortable operating on them and really.
Speaker 2: Has no idea what they're doing. People are so nuts. You've taken it so crazy far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know. This is beyond. This is so far beyond, you know. And these examples are seen but teaching teaching kids to hate their country or that white people are responsible for all the evil in the world or whatever. This is mutilating children. I mean, it's not the like people become convinced that they should have white guilt and therefore have their healthy breasts removed or their genitals altered, or take puberty blockers that change their bodies for the rest of their lives. I mean, this is doctor mengelas stuff. Anyway, I'm sorry to end on such a troubling note, but it's a gender betting madness update.
Speaker 4: So earlier in the show, Joe had the break news of an article in the New York Times Peter Baker and others talking to Susie Wiles, who is so close to Donald Trump, and she said a bunch of praily shocking things about the President and other people in the White House. She has responded, and we can get into what she said again a little bit later if you want to. She's the damn chief of staff. She has responded, and she's been close to him for a long time. The article, published early this morning is a disingenuously framed hit piece on me and the finest president, white House staff, and cabinet in history. Significant context was disregarded, and much of what I and others said about the team and the President was left out of the article. So she's distancing herself from the article that she sat down for.
Speaker 2: I have no doubt that's true, at least partly.
Speaker 4: You have no doubt that it was taken out of context or not presented exactly the way she said it.
Speaker 1: Uh. Yeah, Whether it's seventy percent accurate and thirty percent to jack up or vice versa. I don't know, but for instance, her saying mister Trump has an alcoholics personality, it's hard to imagine putting that in a context that would soften that.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: High functioning alcoholics or alcoholics in general, their personalities are exaggerated when they drink. And so I'm a little bit of an expert in big personalities. While Trump does not drink, she said, quote, he has an alcoholics personality and operates quote with a view that there's nothing he can't do, nothing, zero nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I guess she's not presenting that as a negative, which doesn't have to.
Speaker 2: Be right right.
Speaker 1: I mean, like by normal standards, we cite Michael Jordan a lot. His competitiveness is borderline psycho and it made him the greatest basketball player on earth and successful in one championships.
Speaker 2: Is that a bad thing or a good thing? It's more complicated than that. Interesting.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll look into that more. We got a couple of hours to go. Many segments. For some reason, you don't get a chance to listen to them. You can find our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand if you want to donate to the Scouts. Go to Armstrong and getty dot com. It's right there on the front page, easy to donate. We'll do a total in the coming hour.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty