Speaker 1: Welcome to the Solid verbal.
Speaker 2: Come that for me. I'm a man, I'm forty.
Speaker 1: I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy.
Speaker 2: You want to be happy for date?
Speaker 1: Edo state?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Whoo whoom and Dan and Tye, welcome back to the Solid Verbal, Boys and girls. My name is ty Hildebrand. I am joined as always, but I'm a good friend in New York City, a fine gentleman. Sir Daniel Rubinstein the fifteenth, how are you.
Speaker 4: Oh, man, I really hope there aren't multiple days. I really do hope. So I'm good. I feel stretched out. I went for a run this morning. Yeah, I'm ready to talk big ten. Yeah, it's all happening, Ty, the Casper boxes is still close.
Speaker 1: Still close, hillple Online. We're asking have.
Speaker 4: You opened the box yet? I saw in the reddit thread it'll get open. I will update the check out our subreddit, our solid what is our reddit? Dot com slash our slash Solid verbal.
Speaker 1: That is curt Yeah, that's the correct URL as they the Universal Resource Locator as it's known in the biz.
Speaker 4: I am I'm feeling. I took a coffee nap, tie, Oh, have you ever taken a coffee nap?
Speaker 1: I've heard good things. I've never Actually, I'm not good at napping. I'm not good at sleeping in general, so the whole coffee anpp thing's a bit lost to me, but I've heard terrific things about it.
Speaker 4: Work from home today, you slurp coffee real quick, like an espresso shot or iced coffee real quick, because it takes like twenty minutes to get through your system. Take like a twenty minute nap.
Speaker 1: If you have like a.
Speaker 4: Quiet cool room at your office that you probably shouldn't be napping at work, but if you can take like a twenty minute nap so you don't go into deep sleep and takes twenty minutes for caffeine to hit your bloodstream and then boom, you're shot out of a cannon tie who are just completely ready to burst.
Speaker 1: It feels good, so I'm good. You do seem a bit shot out of a canon here. I had a good little bit. I mean, the Big ten West tie. The Big ten West will do that to you naturally, but it does things to a man's soul.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you remember when we did this, because I don't, but I found it in our little sound clips folder. When we talked about the Big Ten West a couple months ago, this was like Armantra. It's really like it's just hard metal.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you remember that, Yeah, I Jeff George Junior, Yeah, that's right, feeling it ow.
Speaker 1: So here we are. We we did Big twelve a week ago. We're going to do the Big ten East, Big Ten West, Big Ten as a whole this evening, going to go through all fourteen teams and just a little bit. We're also going to have a celebrity guest stop by, Dave Revsden, our friend from the Big ten Network, big fan of the verbal He's going to stop by and talk about some of his thoughts in the conference this coming year, as well as what's going on over the Big ten network. Going to be ten years now.
Speaker 4: It is going to be ten years. So the first game was the app State Michigan. That was the first broadcast game on the Big ten Network. I like, how through Radio Magic, You're like, we're going to talk to Dave Revson when I've already spoken.
Speaker 1: To him, And because it'll be very strange if you're like, and now we welcome and Dave Revson and I'm not gonna let Tie ask a single question. Dave Revson has been pre recorded, Yes, and he's great, very controversial figure. We need to pre record to make sure he doesn't drop any profanity. That's true.
Speaker 4: We need to have that final cut with Dave Revsen, who is in state college, or at least was when I spoke to him, had not yet been to the creamery.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is bignesstacation, bignesst trip, this work trip. Yeah, before we actually start talking about the big tent, we got a lot of content, dreams of content to get through here. I need you to give folks your hardest of hard cells to try and get them to come to our live show.
Speaker 4: Oh great, call TI. First of all, we are paying for snacks. Yes, you can show up, and you can. I encourage you to order barbecue at Hill Country Barbecue this coming Saturday, August twelfth, between five and seven pm, and the big downstairs it's about twice the size of our first live show in New York. There will be barbecue available for perch, but wings, Freedo, pie chips, and qso. I got like six tubs of cans of beer. So, first of all, that's the cell right off the top. Second of all, we're doing our fantasy things draft. Third of all, all sorts of good fun people there. Fourth of all, Tie has agreed to hug anybody who wants a hug, record the outgoing voicemail for anybody who wants that, and in general, just hang out with good folks and me. So what's a better way to and you can still go out after this is like we are celebrating the West Coast college football experience where you get college football content and then you can still have a fun nights right Saturday.
Speaker 1: That's right, it's an experience. It's not just a live show.
Speaker 4: This is absolutely truthful. I want to see everybody. Yeah, in the New York area come out Hill Country Barbecue. It's on twenty sixth Street between Broadway and Fifth Avenue. It's going to be a great time.
Speaker 1: This is our final push to get folks to buy the remaining tickets, the handful of remaining tickets that are out there. We've got a big crowd. It's gonna be fun. Yeah, there's already a big crowd coming. We're excited about that. But we want to make sure that every seat is filled and that everyone could partake in the excitement I can tell you peering behind the curtain here the list that Dan and I have only begun to compile, we should probably work faster. The list of fantasy things that we are going to be selecting from is shaping up like no other. I am very excited about some of these. I already know what my first pick is going to be, but I think to make things fair, we're gonna have to flip a coin in person to really give it that on edge feel that I think we're trying to drive for the live audience. But if you aren't able to make it, if you are in some other location, stay tuned to the Instagram feed because Taylor the intern tailor, he's not really an intern, more's our production assistant producer. Yeah that's right. He's going to be doing some stuff on the social feeds and you can pay attention through any of those if you're interested. We also will release that show at some point in time for those of you who are actually interested in hearing who we select. So final push going out to saliverbo dot com. Check the Twitter, the Facebook, the Instagram feeds. We have all the information there. Tickets are fifteen bucks, as we've said time and time again. We ain't getting rich off this. We're just looking to have a good time to talk some college football. So if you are in New York this weekend, preferably on Saturday, when we're doing the show, stop on BUYE buy a ticket, we'd love to meet you. And we're going to do a panel with the cast of Step by Step. That's right, a panel with a yeah, and some college football friends from New York are threatening to come by, so any of those people they might be fun to meet too. So have you ever seen Ralph Russo in person?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: What he looks like on Twitter? Nope?
Speaker 4: He is six' five and. Samoan that's. Right not a lot of people know. That so we're gonna have a great. Time we want to see.
Speaker 1: You on that, note shall we get into the big? TEN i think we. Shall, yeah all, right that is? Loud holy? Crap yeah, no that really hurt a little. Bit where shall we start in The big?
Speaker 2: Ten?
Speaker 1: Dan, OKAY i want to start with.
Speaker 4: THIS i want to ask a big picture question of you before we dive, in BECAUSE i think this is sort of a bit overarching the identity of the. Conference is it fair to attribute one singular identity to a. Conference is there a specific notion about the twenty seventeen conference.
Speaker 1: That you feel like is? Applicable is? There you, know?
Speaker 4: What what do you immediately think of WHEN i, mean it's hard when there are what fourteen? Teams but is what is the general feeling you get for this?
Speaker 1: Conference? Uh? AM i allowed. Too. Sure, absolutely the top is decidedly better than the, bottom all. Right there is a very clear distinction Between tier one and two And tier three and. Four it's a pretty, big pretty big chasm between one and two and three and. Four and we'll get into who's in what, Group but that to me jumps. Out the second though is that there are a lot of teams in here THAT i could really go either way. ON i don't have a definitive opinion about which way their season is going to, head specifically in The Big Ten. West WHEN i look at The Big Ten west AND i look at the schedules of those, teams maybe for everyone Outside, WISCONSIN i could really truly, say, yeah that team could go four and, eight or yeah that team could go eight and. Four there's really a lot of variability there AS i see. It SO i am particularly interested in which direction that side of the conference.
Speaker 4: Heads the thing THAT i kept coming back to WHEN i was looking at the various teams, strengths, weaknesses personnel. SCHEDULES i would look at a schedule and, Say, okay this team has this very definitive. Weakness let's look at their. Schedule let's see who can take. Advantage let's see who Has let's see the roster of quarterbacks or something that this team. Faces AND i look at it AND i, say, yeah, hmm, yeah, okay uh. Nah maybe that across every single, team whether it's the good teams or bad teams. Whatever it was sort of disheartened to be, like all, right is it gonna Be? Minnesota is it gonna Be? Nebraska like which of these quarterbacks jumps out to? Me and other Than trace McSorley and PROBABLY. Jt, barrett there aren't really. JUMPERS i don't fear too many big ten quarterbacks at this, moment so that to me makes it probably more interesting and more toss up, y but at the same time a little.
Speaker 1: Disheartening, YEAH i think we'd both agree That Ohio state is probably the top. Dog mm, hmm fair to, say oh, YEAH i mean the fact that they return what they return at quarterback and along the front, seven which is basically. Everybody and we can start With Ohio state if you'd.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah and they have the coaching staff that they, do and they have the new coaches that they do to sort of address. CONCERNS i, mean the fact That Greg ciano is still there and still having the capability to unleash just a ridiculous level of talent upon the world is not at all, fair but sort of the best in college football. Terms it's hard to pick against them when they've replaced secondary guys recently really really well. OFFENSIVELY i know everybody wants. J. T bhart to take a step With Kevin, wilson AND i sincerely hope he, does especially down the. Field there's not much to say About Ohio state other than, yes there are new, pieces but their new pieces are better than pretty much everybody's old pieces on.
Speaker 1: Paper there are only three losable games For Ohio. State. Yeah those Are oklahoma in Early, September Penn state In columbus by the, way In, Columbus, Yeah Penn State halloween weekend after a bye. Week that game is also In, columbus and, then of course the game Against, michigan which is like They thanksgiving Weekend november twenty, fifth that game is in the Big. House those are the only. Three those might be the only three games all season Where Ohio state isn't a double digit. Favorite and guess, what they ain't losing all. Three no chance of that. Happening so could they lose to someone? Else, okay, sure but they'd really have to come out and sleep walk Against iowa Or. BRAT i don't, Know i'm stretching. Here my point is THAT i don't see any way possible this isn't at least a ten or eleven win team this. YEAR i think that's totally.
Speaker 4: Reasonable the other game THAT i have, circled and this is a huge toss, up is the fact that they go To. Kinnick they go To iowa the week After Penn, state so potential, letdown body, blow whatever the case may. Be that's a tough, spot especially If iowa figures things out offensively by. Then so that's really the only of the non elite elite THAT i could see being a trip up.
Speaker 1: Moment the two questions THAT i have About Ohio, state and again we're really splitting. Hairshare you mentioned about the passing game And Kevin wilson can he remedy that passing game because it was very underwhelming a year. Ago he is a new offensive. Coordinator he comes over From. Indiana he resigned From indiana due to some Controversy Ohio state NOW i think gets the benefit of the doubt to some degree because It's Kevin, wilson because It's Urban meyer and they've had such remarkable consistency over the last five years or. So part of, me, though wonders how fixable it. Is is it A J. T barrett? Thing is it a scheme thing That Kevin wilson can tweak and make? Better J. T barrett's always been noted more for his running than his. Passing what is the ceiling for him as a? Passer and, oh by the, way he Loses Dontre, Wilson Noah, Brown Curtis Samuel, right someone else is going to step up in. Time but it's clearly something to. Watch the other Thing i'd say is a pass. Defense, thankfully if you're in the big, ten it's not like the pass defense is something that you're gonna have to WORRY i think too much about to your earlier, point how, many how many quarterbacks really frighten. You, yeah but it's worth noting that you Lose Mollie, cooker you Lose Marshaun, latimore you Lose gary And. Conley they took a mini step backwards a year. Ago can they take a little bit of a step. Forward they're going to be tested Against oklahoma second week of the. Year it's a mini matchup to. Watch we k Knowe oklahoma's going to air it. Out so long story, short what happens with their with their passing. DEFENSE i won't harp too much On Ohio, state but just a ton back With barrett And Mike weber and the offensive line and the front seven being virtually, Intact i'm pretty excited About Ohio. STATE i don't see how they don't get to ten wins at a.
Speaker 4: Minimum you know what helps a greenish pass defense secondary about thirty five blue chip world destroyers up.
Speaker 1: Front that makes it. Easier who is your next best team in The Big?
Speaker 4: Ten at this, point it's still Probably michigan by a. Hair, Really Penn state wins the conference last. Year you, know they lose a couple key pieces on, defense but virtually the whole offense is.
Speaker 1: Back But michigan.
Speaker 4: Destroyed Penn state last, year a Wounded Penn state by what thirty or forty? Points AND i still feel as If michigan's, defense with secondary losses but so much talent up, front maybe in a better place Than Penn state's offense at the, moment which is to, Say, Wow michigan's defense is excellent And Penn state's offense is, excellent and it just sort of feels like a toss up to Make joe moorehead Versus Don, brown and you know the sort of huge pieces that they both. Assembled So trace McSorley struggled against This michigan defense last. Year, yes, yeah, okay so to me that's that was also slight edge that was Before Penn state got. Rolling are you Putting michigan this high in The Big ten because you're now married To jody with An eye From, Michigan jody with AND i will not be listening to this, show AND i don't imagine too many people who know her will, Be so, NO i am just wondering if there's an influence there that the games In State, college which MEANS i might still Pick Penn state to win that, game but as it stands right. Now IF i were to Evaluate Jim harbaugh Versus James franklin as a guy getting heading into the, season who DO i trust more to win ten? Games it probably is Still harbaugh and his. STAFF i Trust harbaugh more THAN i Trust. Franklin but there's a lot of. Turnover it's not a reboot At. Michigan it's absolutely a rebuilding. Year here's What bill connolly said. Quote The wolverines must replace their leading, rusher four of their top five, receivers Three all conference offensive, linemen their top three defensive, linemen their best, linebacker and their top five defensive, backs including nickelback And heisman Finalist Bill.
Speaker 1: Peppers that is, Significant, Dan so to put them the second in The Big ten is kind of a leap of. Faith as far As i'm, Concerned harbaugh is one of the best in the. Game he's been really, good especially good when he doesn't have a ton of experience to work. With he's kind of a savant with the x's and, o's but he's proven pretty much at every stop he's been that he's. Goodly he doesn't have a ton of. Experience to, me, though too much, turnover too much, turnover to have confidence that they're going to contend for a. Title could they win ten? Games, YEAH i think. SO i think. SO i think the indicators are the passing game and the defense to tell us which way this whole thing is. Headed, sure SO i Like, michigan BUT i don't THINK i like them quite as much as you.
Speaker 4: Do so they've recruited very, well and to, me the coaching advantage makes a difference BECAUSE i think there are guys that can step in. IMMEDIATELY i know they bring in the number one receiver in the country recru, Wise Donovan Peebles. Jones so the coverard is not. Bear they still Have Rashan, gary who IS i believe a true. Sophomore he was a number of recruit in the country last. Year he'll be anchoring The michigan defense up front and gives them a ton of. Versatility and again you, Say, okay well they have a lot to replace in the. Secondary who's taking advantage of green corners and? Safeties which quarterback exactly other Than trace McSorley for sure at this.
Speaker 1: Moment, YEAH i don't. Know, okay did they Beat florida first week of the. YEAR i think.
Speaker 4: So, Yeah, YEAH i think SO i think that there's more continuity With michigan at this, point AND i THINK i Trust harbaugh and that staff with time to prepare an entire summer rather Than jim mckawain at this point when so much is up in the air with What florida's going to look like.
Speaker 1: Offensively, YEAH i think. SO i Think michigan is in that second. Tier definitely in the second. TIER i don't know IF i put them next up in the second. TIER i am inclined to Say wisconsin as my next best team Behind Ohio. State. Wow, okay now you might not be horny For hornybrook like we all were last. Year is this A wisconsin thing based on you Think wisconsin is the second most complete team or because they have the clear best schedule in the. Conference they have the clear best schedule in the. Conference we should play this to talk about you, know let's give credit where it's due here we're talking About wisconsin. Schedule we can play that again when we get To. Minnesota but For, wisconsin for, sure it definitely comes into. PLAY i am skittish about Losing Corey clement in the, backfield Finn it hurts to Lose Ryan ramsig as your left. TACKLE i get, it but the line is, enormous, Enormous AND i asked you this before a couple of days. Ago how many games Could wisconsin win if their line literally stood there, passively passively after the ball is. Snapped how many games could they win with their line not actively trying to block anybody just because they're so, enormous but still their defense is playing all out and still.
Speaker 4: Everything oh, yeahah just the, line the line stands, there they stand up and maybe hold their arms. Out they can go four and. EIGHT i think so, too four and, eight five and. Seven, WOW i think that's a lot three and, nine four and eight for. ME i think they'll they probably lose every, game but it's it is a.
Speaker 1: Question we know what they want to. Do what they want to do is run the football. Wherever they have to set up a few play action. Passes but we know what they want to, do and we know they have a track record of doing it very. Successfully and so whether It's Braderick shaw Or Chris james the pit, TRANSFER i feel confident that they're going to figure out a way to get that backfield in. Order they've got that part down to a. Science the passing game was bad a year, ago it's been bad for a while. Now but they do bring Back JAZZ pv And Troy fumagali Love, jazz Love. Troy So hornybrook's going to have some weapons to throw to that he's comfortable with. Already you got to hope he doesn't get. Hurt but provided he, doesn't provided that line can keep him up, right he will have some passing. Options, DEFENSIVELY i have no worries at. All the entire line is. Back the only guys that leave ARE. Tj watt And Vince. Biegel those are big deal. Departures they're big deal. Departures BUT i feel pretty confident that this defense is going to have itself in pretty good working order and play at a high level right out of the. Shoot they do have a first year defensive coordinator Because Justin wilcox left to go too super, Young Jim leonard super, young and you could definitely concoct the scenario in which the defense takes a step back because maybe he's not, ready he's not up for the. Billing BUT i just feel between their, schedule between their returning, Talent wisconsin should be in a good place where they have to be the eight hundred pound gorilla in The Big Ten. West and whenever you've got a defense in a running game that should be pretty, consistent that that takes you to a pretty good spot in The Big.
Speaker 4: Ten all, Right i'm gonna list off the games where they have at least an average opponent or a pretty good opponent on the. Road here we, Go okay At Nebraska october. Seventh that's the. List tie, there it. Is, yeah that's the whole dang. Thing they Have michigan And iowa both At Camp. Randall they don't Have Ohio, state they don't Have Penn state going TO byu in the preseason in the non conference part of the. Schedules, tricky but. Manageable it's a, beautiful beautiful, Thing. TYE i could. SEE i could see twelve.
Speaker 1: To zero on the. Schedule, WOW i could see ten and. TWO i can't see nine and three Unless Horny brooks snaps like a. Femur, yeah maybe the defense bottom's. Out do you see that as a likely. SCENARIO i don't.
Speaker 4: KNOW i think they go ten and. TWO i think they lose something stupid again To, michigan like a thirteen to ten. Game MAYBE byu game is a little bit strange on the road at, altitude but you, know At, Indiana indiana's going to have a pretty good defense this year if they are able to take advantage Of hornybrook a little bit and experienced, secondary maybe gets a little bit. Strange BUT i see them as squarely ten and. Two that's what feels most reasonable to.
Speaker 1: ME i Like wisconsin a lot this. Year, Okay i'm assuming that means next team up Is Penn. State, sure how do you feel About Penn state this?
Speaker 4: YEAR i really like Watching Penn state And i'm curious to see how they are when they're not the scrappy underdog who not scrappy, underdog it's Still Penn, state but the team that nobody saw coming in the way that they, came especially in the latter part of twenty, sixteen when they're able to throw it all Over, wisconsin throw it all OVER usc and one of the best games we've seen in recent. Years they took it To iowa in a ridiculous, way a really Good iowa, defense they just shred at. Them so the second half Of Penn state's twenty sixteen is now a thing that people have to consider And Penn state now, has you, know a bulls eye on their. Back what are they going to look like as the hunted and not the? Hunters the mentality is going to be interesting for. ME i don't know if it's related at all to What Michigan state went through mentally last, year where everybody sort of discounted you and you kept proving them. Wrong you kept proving them. Wrong what do you do now that you have everything in the world? Offensively you, KNOW i think everybody returns but one offensive lineman and one.
Speaker 1: Receiver is that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: YEAH i mean Because Dashawn hamilton's, back A sickie's. Back, yeah there's a ton of talent. There Saquon barkley is might be the most complete back in the. Country so there's no reason That Penn state shouldn't be excellent. Offensively and that's a different mentality to. Have what do you think last?
Speaker 1: YEAR i gotta go back to last year for a. Second talk about a revelation For Penn. State you'd have to go back to nineteen ninety four to find A Penn state team that was that exciting to. Watch AND i would argue that last year was more fun because, again they got throttled By, michigan as you, referenced but then they came on like a freight. Train got healthier, Too, yeah got healthier in, spots but came on like a freight, train starting using started using their pieces a little bit differently on. Offense won The big, ten damn, near won enough to get themselves into the, playoff and then just fell short OF usc and The Rose, bowl which didn't do anything to diminish their their. Standing they definitely earned some more credibility for that fifty two to forty nine whatever it was game in The Rose bowl to. Shootout my main issue was with, McSorley and it wasn't a real. ISSUE i just didn't believe in. Him my part of me still feels LIKE i can't, Deprogram like he was a flash in the, pan pop gun arm. RIGHT i used all the old, heads but there isn't much evidence to back that. Up And i'm might not be comfortable with his, style But James franklin And joe moorehead are and the proofs in the. Pudding as far as that, goes he was unbelievable down the stretch through a great deep. Ball by the, way we need to add this and they wouldn't add it on their, own but our friends over At Roar Lions roar The Great Penn state bla New Penn state blog out. There check them out if you haven't. Already they have been workshopping A t shirt idea okay and the butt one that somebody did years. Ago no, no no no no no no, no, okay they've been work shopping deep.
Speaker 2: State.
Speaker 1: OH i love that Deep state as a thing that could go ON t. SHIRTS i feel like they are afraid to use it because there is some political connotation there that we won't get into on the solid art that's not really our cupo. TEA i would hope that people are mature enough to realize this is a pretty funny thing and absolutely Deep state applies To Penn state this, year and it did last. Year it will even more so this. Year with trace. McSorley that is, very very very much their. MANTRA i hope they decided to run. IT i don't know how they feel about it editorially. Speaking but beyond, that defense did get better as the season we're on last. YEAR a big part of, that, though Was Brandon bell getting healthy and stabilizing the lineback and. Corps he has gone this. Year he has gone this. Year my questions are on the offensive. Line we've had questions about the line for the last five. Years skill positions are, Fine they got enough skill talent now to sustain them for a. While but the offense needs a consistent line that can stay on the field and make a. Difference that is the biggest missing piece of this. Offense and hopefully Matt Lin, grover who came over From minnesota year, ago can continue Working magic did a good job last. Year the line needs to continue to. PROGRESS i got questions about depth all throughout the, team specifically on. Defense just a lot of unproven, commodities, secondaries beat up and replacing a.
Speaker 4: Lot, YEAH i feel ten and two Losses Ohio state on the, Road, yeah and they're gonna start a winning streak Against pitt and.
Speaker 1: Then a dumb. One oh, okay a dumb one maybe At, iowa maybe At. NORTHWESTERN i don't. Know i'm saying ten and, two a weird loss and a totally predictable loss To Ohio.
Speaker 4: State i'm gonna go with ten and two as. Well, again it's MOSTLY i, mean are we gonna count On Brian lawerke At Michigan state to take advantage, of you, know a couple holes in the, secondary Which Penn state also.
Speaker 1: Has Marcus.
Speaker 4: Allen, right he's like an all big ten sure caliber. Safety there are not enough quarterbacks in this conference to have me believe In Penn state is anything less than a ten and two, team which is. Crazy And trace McSorley amazing ten and.
Speaker 1: Two he's a good fit for the. Offense Caleb Henderson, TANNERLY i know a lot of people are high on Tanner.
Speaker 4: LEE i don't. KNOW i believe well That michigan game is going to be. Interesting michigan game will be. Interesting they have a bye week, BEFORE i.
Speaker 1: Believe, Yep. Michigan, yep it's a good. Time it's a good time to have a bye. Week trace is just a good fit for the. Offense what can you?
Speaker 3: Say.
Speaker 1: Yep finding things that, fit, though can be. Difficult ah, yes ty, uh particularly a dress. Shirt you, know sometimes a collar is too, tight sleeves are too, long something always. Off, luckily ordering a custom fit, shirt it's never been. Easier thanks Proper. Cloth our good friends at propercloth dot com let you easily create a custom shirt in just. Seconds all you got to do is answer ten easy. Questions it is fool, Proof, dan don't even need a measuring. Tape you've done.
Speaker 2: It was it?
Speaker 1: DIFFICULT i have done? It, no it's the easiest thing to. Me did you did? You or did you?
Speaker 2: Not be?
Speaker 1: Honest did you need a measuring? Tape?
Speaker 4: No but part of that is BECAUSE i had gone a couple weeks earlier to get fitted for suit jacket and things like, That SO i had a somewhat of a concept, of, Like i've got my forty eight inch, pythons, obviously SO i need a shirt that's going to accommodate. Those SO i knew a couple Of but at the same time you, ask you answer a few questions from our friends At Proper, cloth and it just sort of spits out a shirt that, fits, like.
Speaker 1: Really really. Nicely it's. Great over five hundred fabric styles to choose, from including, Premium italion And japanese, fabrics as well as business and casual. Styles all of it starts at just eighty five. Bucks best of, all Proper, cloth they guarantee a perfect. Fit somehow it doesn't, fit they will remake it for. Free they're the highest rated custom shirt maker On. GOOGLE gq has named them their favorite online custom shirt. Maker they're the future shirt stand no.
Speaker 4: Doubt if you show up at a wedding and you're a single, fella, yeah and you're on the, market and there's a lot of eligible people at, wedding you, know we've got a lot of people.
Speaker 1: In their twenties listening to.
Speaker 4: The notions, alcohol. Love, yeah and maybe you're one of a few. People you're one of a few. Ops you've got the charm, down you don't look. Bad but you show up wearing a shirt that looks like a seven percent deflated. Balloon, nah it's not a good first. Impression stop not stop. It stop wearing shirts that don't.
Speaker 1: Fit do your. Best custom fitted shirts are the way to. Go propercloth dot, com Slash, solid enter the gift Code, solid save twenty bucks in your first. Shirt do it. Today the other THING i will add is you mentioned that you haven't opened Your casper mattress. Yet that's. True sooner or later that thing is going to explode in your. Apartment is it? Happened? Oh, shoot you know, What you're probably, right it's backed in. THERE i don't know the physics behind squeezing a queen size mattress or a king, size a big thing into a small compressed box like. That, okay it's a Euphemism i'm not familiar. With at some, Point, dan you're gonna need to let that puppy breathe otherwise when to take over your? Apartment mm hm.
Speaker 4: Fair it's like one of those foam parties from such a break that's. Right, yeah the worst thing ever did you actually?
Speaker 1: Do did you go to a phone? PARTY i walked into a foam party and walked directly.
Speaker 4: Out, yeah like kind Of Abe Simpson Bart simpson at the.
Speaker 1: Brothel kind of. Disgusting. Yeah If i'm being honest, HERE i would have thought you would have loved a Phone, nope if not for.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 1: Okay casper, mattresses, Though i'm sleeping on one like a rock every, night Dog. Okay an average of four point eight out of five stars across more than thirty thousand global, Reviews casper has quickly become the internet's favorite. Mattress real customers have said it's like sleeping on a brioch or brioche what is that? Word thank? You it's also like being cradled by the tinkling of a baby, laughter. BABY i can't even say it's a weird baby laughter in the. MOONLIGHT MM i like. That the solid wife loves it because it's, breathable keeps her cool at night she runs. Hot we're loving this, thing we really. Are it is all thanks to their award Winning the design continuously developed and improved using the feedback from nearly half a million. Customers. Dan they sell directly to. You they eliminate the commission driven inflated prices of the. Middleman above, all buying has never been. Easier all you gotta do is order. Online they'll deliver it to your door in that. Box. Dan it's. Compact you wonder how they did. It they can do it whether you're in The United, STATES uk Or, canada free, delivery free, returns a one hundred night risk free. Trial they know how important it is to get a good night's sleep on a mattress before you commit to, it so they give you that. Opportunity one third of our lives are on the, mattress so why not do it right right? Now fifty bucks towards any mattress by Visiting casper dot, com slash VERBAL, vrba l use the code VERBAL vrbal that Is casper Dot com slash verbal off er code verbal fifty bucks off any mattress purchase terms and conditions do. Apply let me ask you. This it's seven Pm saturday.
Speaker 4: NIGHT i get a tip from a former coworker At Sports illustrated that there's a swimsuit party and it's a foam.
Speaker 1: Party are you? IN i, mean none of the phone Parties i've been to have had those stipulations that.
Speaker 4: No But i'm saying it's it's a swimsuit issue model PARTY i would. Reconsider, okay it's at Hold. ON i had Something foamtown. Buffet that's ALL i.
Speaker 3: Have.
Speaker 1: Tie i'm done, NOW i. Quit so we've gone Through Ohio, State we've gone Through, Michigan, wisconsin And Penn. State four teams that were very excited about fourteen teams in The big. Ten who is your fifth most excitable?
Speaker 4: Team Probably northwestern Or iowa.
Speaker 1: Too i'm At northwestern followed By. Iowa, yeah you need to talk me off the ledge For? Northwestern? Really oh, YEAH i mean we both Are, medill, proud Proud modill. Graduates, yeah, yeah you need to talk me off the ledge for True. Northwestern here the entire team is back Outside Austin, Carr Anthony Walker. Junior those are big.
Speaker 4: Losses mind oh, YEAH a few other say the name THAT i know you're going to struggle pronouncing.
Speaker 1: No, no don't make. Me, oh it was so, GOOD i. AM i am very excited About Justin, Jackson Clayton thorson and what this team could. Do the good news is that they missed Both Ohio state And. Michigan they Get Penn state at, home WHICH i mentioned a few minutes. Ago could totally see them taking Out Penn state at. Home they're At wisconsin At nebraska later in the. Year otherwise not What i'd consider a difficult. Schedule it's tricky in, spots BUT i would rather play In minnesota early than, late, right you, know that could factor. In i'd rather Play nebraska early than. Late that could factor in as, Well pluster on the road. Late i'd rather Play maryland early Than week. Eight but by and, LARGE i think it's a very workable schedule for ai team that has a lot of veteran. Leadership the name you were looking for is IF i ate A odenigbo thank, you who had ten sacks last year and was really good and is not back.
Speaker 4: Anymore, Yeah northwestern's in a really nice. Spot the question is can they avoid that slow start that keeps happening To. Northwestern you, know they are able to pick Off stanford a few years ago with body clock madness in a super ugly, game but it's a win Against, stanford but then they lose dumb games early. On Is northwestern gonna be able to start out and make? Noise you mentioned the offensive, skill certainly. There Pat fitzgerald, keeps he recruits well, Enough he's done a good enough. Job it's Avoiding september malaise to me For. Northwestern who do they have once again in the early part of the.
Speaker 1: Season northwestern opens With, nevada then they're At Duke Bowling, green then they go To. Wisconsin that's a big one To, wisconsin no. Reason last week Is september after a bye, week but still very difficult. Game After, wisconsin they come back. Home they Play Penn, state so fairly, EARLY i think we'll know How northwestern stacks up against The tier, one tier two caliber teams in The Big. Ten soft landing With, Perdue, Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Illinois, YEAH i Think northwestern's an eight and Fourteen i'm a little bit concerned about the, defense but, again this is going to be. Repetitive who's really going to take advantage on this schedule quarterback? Wise at the, moment it doesn't seem like a.
Speaker 1: Lot but we'll.
Speaker 4: See MAYBE i was going to develop a Guy Michigan State brian THE workI gets, better. Whatever but, yeah At, Wisconsin Penn, State iowa is going to be tricky just because they returned so much on defense going To nebraska and by that point we might all be fawning Over tannerly and we'll all Be nebraska fans at that. Point but, yeah eight and, four nine and three seems about right to me BECAUSE i don't think they're going to lose something dumb This northwestern team this year like they've done in the. PAST i think this team is in good shape with how much they return on both.
Speaker 1: Sides we Mentioned. Iowa as everyone knows by, now this is going to Be Kirk farrence's nineteenth year At. Iowa he is working his way through what one hundred and forty year contract. Extensions, sure here's What Bill connelly had to say About. Iowa, quote The hawkeyes must replace their starting quarterback a two hundred carry running, back three of their top four receiving, targets and all conference left, tackle both starting defensive tackles and both starting. Quarterbacks not. Ideal what is good is, This he has a line this year which should be pretty. Good he Has Akram wadly backed behind the. Line my hunch is That Kirk ferrence is cool with, that just those two. Parts, yeah got a new, quarterback got to figure out the whole receiver. Thing all they really want to do is run. Anyway, yes that's sort of their Vanilla iowa offensive. Formula Akram wadley and a. Line what can you do? Offensively he's got talent along the defensive line and at the back end of his. Defense there's a fair amount of experience just as a whole on the defense THAT i Think Kirk farens will rely.
Speaker 4: On Josie jewel back by the way for like his thirty fifth. YEAR i love that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely the real question, though is in the. Secondary, again they Lose Desmond king a few other. Guys how will the interior line hold? Up another QUESTION i, have BUT i think for the most part should be.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah this defense was incredible last, year and, like even if you look at The november, numbers which included The Penn state. Thrashing they shut everybody else. Down it's still finished like a top Fifteen november, defense including the numbers from That Penn state. Game so when they're, rolling when they are operating at their, ceiling at their, peak and they keep recruiting and, developing and the secondary locks everybody, down and they're built specifically to beat just about everybody or hold down just about every big ten. Offense they're. Dangerous it's underrated criminally every. Year and the problem is they can't GENERATE i don't know who's catching passes for them offensive, like.
Speaker 1: Well that, see that's. It you, know you've got a new, Quarterback Nate, Stantlee Tyler, wiegers who? Knows, YEAH i think It's stanley but, yeah, Yeah stanley looked good in, spring but only through five passes in his freshman. Year whoever is going to be their starter leading receiver is Achrom wadley coming back from a year? Ago yeah, right and after, Him Matt vanderberg and his cursed field. Up, YEAH i have to deal with. That but a big question, mark and they've proven they can win by running the ball and playing. Defense they're gonna have to do a lot of that this year until they can get their passing games sorted, out because that's always been a bit of a sawt spot for. Them my big question With iowa is where is the. FLOOR i feel like the ceiling on this schedule is eight and four the. Floor the floor could be five and, seven could be four and.
Speaker 4: Eight they've lost five games six of the past seven, YEARS i believe because they've had some Bad bowl performances to get to five. Losses so outside of The Big ten championship year in which they also lost pretty badly To, stanford they they're a team that will play up and play down and that's got to be. Disappointing so if they're able to maintain a more even keel on Offense Brian farren steps in as the offensive, coordinator like we, mentioned if they're able to find some guys to stretch the fields and keep safeties back a little bit and give Achrom wildly some. ROOM i was in good shape, schedules not great early. On wyoming is a tricky, team ye, See allen.
Speaker 1: Hold on hold That, thokay if it's one month from now AND i tell you That iowa lost To wyoming And Josh allen because he threw all over. Them would that surprise?
Speaker 4: You it would surprise me a little, bit just because a passing game is more than just a. Quarterback he's got to be, protected there's got to be pass, catchers AND i always should have a good defense and should be able to Pressure Josh allen a little. Bit but it would surprise me a little. Bit very few teams are able to just Shred iowa through The what about what About Iowa.
Speaker 1: State In week?
Speaker 4: Two i've got a great, Receiver they've got a very promising, Quarterback.
Speaker 1: Duke Of Hazzard Awn. Lazard, right, Yeah duke Of, Hazard Awln, Lazard.
Speaker 4: LIZARD i Think iowa is too good to lose either of those, games but it is early.
Speaker 1: On it is a new. Offense we'll. See projected wins according To Bill connolly is five point, Nine so steering six and six right in the face. HERE i think ceilings eight and. FOUR i think floors probably realistically about five and.
Speaker 4: Seven, WOW i have seven and five for this. Team, okay too much play up play down for The. Hawkeyes next? Topic what do we?
Speaker 1: Got next? Topic let's talk About.
Speaker 4: Indiana Dan indiana Before, nebraska, insulting. Insufferable how there no particular? Order, YEAH i do. HAVE i do Have indiana in front Of. Nebraska by the, WAY, Whoa, Okay i'm fine with.
Speaker 1: That you love Your Tom. ALLEN i like This Tom allen takes. Over he did an admirable job with their. Defense the teeth of this team in twenty seventeen will be its, defense.
Speaker 4: So weird to, say in like twenty, fourteen Oh indiana's defense so.
Speaker 1: Bizarre, yeah the teeth of this team is going to be its, defense particularly its, secondary which has a ton of. Experience i'm not saying they're going to Beat Ohio. State i'm not saying they're gonna Be penn say, it, Ty i'm Not Sata. Bowls i'm not going. There they Play Ohio State week, One they're probably gonna get. Killed but if the defense, holds you shouldn't be surprised if one of those games is closer than meets the. Eye THAT i could see they did that last. Year, yeah you're right THAT i could. SEE i don't like the fact That Tom allen Hired mike to. Board i'm okay with. IT i don't like, That, okay, statistically The board has been an okay, coordinator but nobody likes. Him people don't like. Him they feel he's too. Conservative if you're An indiana, FAN i don't know what it's going to feel like going From Kevin wilson in his offense to Now mike De board and whatever he's cooking. Up, Yeah tennessee moved the ball pretty well late in the year last. YEAR i Like indiana an awful lot this. Year Maybe i'm a little too high on, them BUT i think defense can can really propel you in The big, ten especially in The big. Ten WEST i like my Boy Simmy. COBBS i like my boy To Gray. SCALES i like my Boy Richard. Lugou are you a lego? MANIAC i am a lego? Maniac, ty while we're on the, subject, YEAH i have a dude. Alert whoa, Whoa, okay, YEAH i have it was? It are you a lego? MANIAC i am a lego. Maniac well he's. Fine he's.
Speaker 4: Big if he puts it, together he's got nice. Size But Nick westbrook is, OH i believe the Returning Big ten receiving. LEADER i believe that's the. Case austin Car goon, yeah he. Is he's not, huge but he's got breakaway. Speed he turns a little bit into a lot of bit AND i really like his ability in mid air to win one on one, battles toss. Ups Nick westbrook's really really good and if he's able to stretch the, FIELD i Think indiana has a good shot to be able to once. Again and it's strange to say. It After Tevin coleman And Jordan, howard they didn't run the ball FOR i was going to, SAY i was going to say a bad. Word we're a family. Program they couldn't run it at all last, year which is very strange to. Say so if they're able to Get nick west we're going once again this. YEAR i think there's a good chance that will impact pretty much everything Across indiana and what they're trying to. Do and you're, Right Tom allen is an impactful. Guy we sawt it all miss we saw IT usf when he. Left there was a. Difference when he got to he turned a just train wreck of a defense into something at first respectable and by the end of last year pretty. Good and that's that's saying a lot At indiana with where they were SO i like the. Impact if he can do for The hoosiers for what he did for defense both In bloomington and other, places then they will be frisky.
Speaker 1: Ty how About? YES i like. THAT i like that a. Lot this has the makings of a team THAT i think loses To Ohio state week, one no big, surprise and then everyone just writes them off and forgets about. Him then they maybe they pull an. Upset it's probably a little over zelus to say they're.
Speaker 4: Give me the team that they beat that is much more talented that they shouldn't. Beat that is An Ohio state that's on their, schedule that an experienced secondary.
Speaker 1: Like for, me it might Be, Wisconsin. WISCONSIN i was gonna Say. Michigan They're wisconsin's In, bloomington, Right, yes, yeah, SURE i don't. Know but maybe they knock somebody off everyone thinks it's a flu before you know. What they're like a seven and five bowl. Team, yeah it'd be great projected. Wins we've got six point six. HERE i Like indiana a lot this. YEAR i did rank them Above nebraska my hunches that you didn't, WOW i THINK i Have nebraska. Ahead, okay WHY i think we're getting closer.
Speaker 4: As Mike riley enters another season to running the type of system that he'd like to be running offensively With Danny. LANGSDORFF i know they they bring In Bob, DIACO i don't know that the personnel is exactly, right and they lose their, best you, know arguably the best player on, Defense Nick.
Speaker 1: Gary BUT.
Speaker 4: I just there's there's enough talent In nebraska that If Tanner lee is, fine that already feels more impactful Than Tommy armstrong at least through the, Air, Okay AND i thought that held them back a little bit last, year to say the.
Speaker 1: Least SO i Like.
Speaker 4: Nebraska i'm pulling up their schedule right now because, yeah unlike, You, TAI i do not memorize.
Speaker 1: SCHEDULE i have it here in front of. Me. Yeah not. Terrible Arkansas state At, oregon which they weren't able to run the ball last. Year that was the. Problem they Weren't Northern, Illinois rutgers At, illinois Then wisconsin Then Ohio state back to back. Weeks that'll be. Tough At Purdue northwestern At, minnesota At Penn State. Iowa so not the easiest Of. No ten.
Speaker 4: Schedules it's a tough, schedule though they only really in terms of tough games on the. Road it really is only That Penn state game near the end of the.
Speaker 2: Year. Right.
Speaker 1: YEAH i am not A nebraska fan this, year BUT i am. EXCITED i Hope i'm. Wrong they are to me the ultimate glass half, full glass half empty. Team it sounds to me like you're trusting in the law firm Of, Riley diaco And. LEE i don't know That i'm fully. TRUSTING i don't have them on, retainer, no, okay BUT i have very few options in terms of quarterbacks and teams to believe. IN i think that they probably lose to they should have lost last year With oregon's second best. QUARTERBACK i don't think they're super. Susceptible and what they, lose like sixty two to three To Ohio, state they'll probably be somewhat better this Year against The. BUCKEYES i have them eight and four. Wow, yeah maybe seven and five. Wow it so much depends On tannerly and IF i have to hear about the De manning passing. Academy it's great that he played well at.
Speaker 4: Camp that's. Aw so Did MIKE. Barcovici, right it was really, well WHY i am excited to See Tanner. Lee he's a transfer From. Tulane if you're playing the home, game don't know who we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Here, yeah he's a. Transfer he Left tulane because they switched over to a different. Offense he is definitively more of A Mike riley style pro style quarterback Than Tommy. Armstrong and when he had time to throw operative phrase At, tulane he was really, good very. Impressive he absolutely has potential to be very good At, nebraska And i'm excited to see what he can. Do nebraska fans are mega, excited which is. Cool the word of, caution, though who's he throwing? To by the, way well, Exactly. Yeah the word of caution is, this don't get so excited About Tanner lee that you forget about the other twenty one guys on the starting roster because there's an awful lot of turnover. Here who's he throwing? TO a good? Question who's he handing off? To another big? Question will his line give him more time than that At? TULANE i hope, so, yeah not a. Given Will Bob diaco and his beautiful head of hair have a great impact switching over to a three four to help that. Defense how long is it going to take for that to? Click and to what end can his secondary carry the load for the rest of the, defense because, again a lot of, inexperience a lot of. TURNOVER i want to Approach nebraska with an open mind this, year BUT i just SAID i have more questions THAN i do answers the first year where it feels to me like it's All riley guys in. There But i'm looking at the schedule, now with the exception Of, purdue pretty much every game In october And november feels like a toss.
Speaker 4: Up, YEAH i think the secondary is mostly back other Than. Gary gary the secondary, right but, AGAIN i don't know if that's the greatest thing in the.
Speaker 1: World to what degree can the secondary carry the water for the rest of the defense until it comes. Along if you're feeling a nine to three season For, nebraska you're taking a huge leap of faith based solely on. POTENTIAL i could totally see like five and. Seven, Wow i'm just not Inow, okay And nebraska, fans by the, way are very friendly until they're very much. NOT i don't want to Cross nebraska fans that listen to this show BECAUSE i am, excited genuinely excited For. NEBRASKA i am rooting For Tanner lee and For Mike. Riley there's nothing about this team THAT i don't. Like you come across a lot Of nebraska fans And east all the time they're just, Warning, Yeah. Okay All i'm saying IS i am not willing to take that leap of faith quite. Yet, Okay so if it's harsh to say five and, seven so be.
Speaker 4: It but that's What i'm aren't seven to. Five but, Yeah i'm with, you all. Right seven and five just feels like a Very Mike riley year every.
Speaker 1: Year, true very. True let's go To, Minnesota, Dan, okay are you rowing the? Boat are you? Feeling are you Feeling minnesota this? Year a little? Bit but not? Really, okay explain.
Speaker 4: It's a transition. Year there are pieces on both sides that are. Decent BUT i the big thing with WHAT. Pj fleck and his guys that he brought over assistant coach wise that they were able to. Do they didn't turn the ball over a, Lot they played, smart fundamental. Football they let other teams make, mistakes they didn't they weren't taking a ton of. Chances they were just not taking a ton of chances in a fun, way if that makes any. Sense so it feels like a good addition To, minnesota and it was time for a change after everything that happened last year With Tracy clays And Jerry.
Speaker 1: Kill it was sort of not a great. Breakup but.
Speaker 4: Looking At minnesota's schedule right, now it's NOT i have a Sound, dan who AM? I?
Speaker 1: There we go talk about the, Schedule, dan with that as your. Backdrop so If minnesota were built impressively or slightly, Impressively i'd say they should be starting seven to zero because they don't play a single team who finished twenty sixteen the regular season with a winning, record A power five team. Anyway because they do Have Middle, TENNESSEE i think.
Speaker 4: When eight and, four but don't hold me to, That buffalo At Oregon, State Middle, Tennessee maryland At Purdue Michigan State illinois before they Get iowa on the Road halloween. Weekend so schedules, beautiful But i'm not excited too excited about any one specific. Part they have A i think they have a decent offensive, Line they've got a little bit of experience on, defense but there's nothing that jumps out to, me and they feel.
Speaker 1: Thin, Right they're very thin throughout their, defense especially they're stout up the middle. Defensively but quarterbacks a giant question, mark should have decent running back. Options Rodney, Smith Shannon. BROOKS i think they'll be okay in that, department but there are a lot of questions. Here six and six is about the projection For minnesota this. Season it feels to me like we should really CONSIDER. Pj fleck and his antics as something that we draft at our live show on the. Weekend, OKAY. Pj fleck and the whole row The boat, thing, which by the, way he brought over they got the rights to. IT. Pj fleck and that energetic row the boat mentally rolling the boat in The land of ten Thousand. Lakes. AH i like. That something like. That you're gonna hear all throughout this college football. Season he will have them amped. Up they will knock somebody. Off AND i don't know who he will bring that? Program who tie to Aven. BOIL i am excited to see what he. Does who are they knocking off Be? Bold they knocking Off michigan on the?
Speaker 3: Road?
Speaker 4: Nah and they Beating nebraska at home the week After. Michigan iowa on the.
Speaker 1: Road that's not. Bold you At iowa going five and. Seven iowa on the, Road, OKAY i don't. Know northwestern on the. Road maybe all, Right i'm not talking with a big, gun BUT i could see them knocking somebody. Off defense should be pretty. Good it could be a talk to your kids About minnesota kind of year if they do start, second just, saying, okay all, right where are we going? Next, now we've only got a handful of teams. Left we are running grossly over time so far because the way too many teams in this. Conference, NOW i was promised ten, teams but apparently there are.
Speaker 4: More you know, what screw. It everybody's gonna expect us to finish With. Rutgers let's go To. Piscataway let's talk About. Rutgers let's talk About Kyle. Bollen let's talk about a team completely comprised of grad transfers and the fact That rutgers might Be, okay how about, that, Ty.
Speaker 1: This team is constructed like a homeless Man's Iowa state the way they've gone, Out i'm serious, Now Chris ashboud and grad transfers are fill in the. Gaps it's like a college basketball team exactly to learn the players every. YEAR a really bad offense a year, Ago, dan no doubt about. It we got no, food we got no, jobs our pets head a fawn. Up just not a good year for The Scarlet. Knights really bad, offense no big. Playability they lose quite a bit along the defensive. Line secondary should actually be half. DECENT i don't think this will be a good team this. Year, HOWEVER i feel like we will maybe start to see the blueprint take. Shape we might see some baby steps here because there are a lot of younger. Guys it's not a stretch to think that this team could be much improved next. Season it just might take a little bit of time in twenty seventeen to congeal around a common blueprint to see some forward. Progression the thing is they were so bad a year ago that even if they get a lot better this, year it still might look like three to.
Speaker 4: Nine uh, yeah the defense should be all. Right if the offense can just like get first, downs then that's an enormous improvement that is world shatteringly, great and we'll help the defense stay off the field and get some rest and perhaps force some turnovers and put the offense in a good. Position so, YEAH i think they're going from embarrassment completely beat, up you, know just get off the field and get To sunday whatever to all, right flash, here flash.
Speaker 1: There they've got big ten ish, Players they've got a, good decent coaching.
Speaker 4: Staff they've got a bunch of seniors grad. Transfers you know when sometimes twenty two year old's playing against eighteen year, olds that's an. Advantage depends what can bey And rutgers is going up with their voice LIKE i just. Did, yeah and that's. FINE i Think rutgers can go four and eight and show.
Speaker 1: Flashes so here's my next question for you, now as we.
Speaker 4: Got perdue In, october they needs to be able to Beat. Perdue which team games, arearly.
Speaker 1: It's a good. Segue which team do you feel better about in twenty Seventeen perdue Or Illinois? Perdue mammy, TOO i do.
Speaker 4: Love Mike dudek And god bless hope he stays, healthy, man but one smallish does not a huge difference Make So illinois got you, know they showed a COUPLE i, mean we talked about. Flashes they showed a couple nuggets last, year but there's too much work to be done In champagne at the, moment offensively in, particular and they lose so much on defense that they're starting over there now too. PERDUE i think at least they might get some decent quarterback, play and there's the element of, Well Jeff bram is. New by the, way did you come down on The Brian bram Or Stefan lafor's?
Speaker 2: Side?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 4: Bram oh, SEE i Was. Lafor's but there's intrigue With. PURDUE i don't think they're gonna be very, good but they could catch some somebody average and a shootout kind of.
Speaker 3: Thing.
Speaker 1: YEAH i mean the thing About, purdue you, know it's a total. Reboot they've been down for a. While nobody is stub hubbing tickets to The Rose bowl this, year So brom's got a bit of a lead seat geeking whatever it's going to require. PATIENTS i Think purdue fans know that going. IN i think he can rebuild. It he's a very good football. COACH i remember when he was, hired, thinking, wow that's that's kind of a coup For. Purdue, yeah and it's a pretty good defensive. Front so they've also Got Nick holt as their defensive, coordinator who's a game never.
Speaker 4: MIND i take everything back. Now he did a good job AT. Wku he really didn't help that defense. Improve it's obviously a step up now.
Speaker 1: Though, illinois on the other, hand from our Friend Bill, connolly forty two percent of their offensive possessions ended within three plays for a non scoring, reason so a punt or a. Turnover the offense couldn't stay on the, field the defense couldn't get off the. Field just a story of. Inefficiency The Lovey smith thing to me always felt a little. Odd just doesn't feel like a great. Fit it's not a proper cloth, fit absolutely. Not SO i. AM i am down On illinois again and optimistic About, purdue which brings us to our final two teams here in The Big. Ten.
Speaker 4: Ty when you were talking about produced twenty sixteen offense couldn't help but think of you, know the like the teen movies from the nineties ear least two, thousands when you know a character inevitably had to like think unsexy thoughts like, Baseball grandma. Baseball you know that kind of. Thing sure produced twenty sixteen offense produced twenty sixteen. Offense, okay everything's. Cool the cold shower of The big ten here it. Is, yeah let's go to The Maryland. Terrapins dan okay six and.
Speaker 1: SEVEN a year. AGO Dj dirkin did pretty well boll participant in his bull. Participant that's. RIGHT Dj dirkin did pretty well in his first, year especially in the recruiting, trail and he's really just trying to get better talent in. THERE i think that's the theme that you, discover especially along the defensive. Line who knows if any of those guys can come in and make an. Impact it wouldn't hurt if they, could because their run defense was terrible a year. Ago defense as a whole still still trying to figure some some stuff. Out quarterback a giant unknown could have a four way battle right. Now looks Like Caleb henderson transfer FROM, unc but, again who. Knows they Lose Perry hills And Alvin hill on defense and will likely on. Defense i'm gonna go dark horse here due to. Alert really give me Some Ty, Johnson dan my, Name, ah you love yourself Some Ti Ty johnson running Back. Maryland pair him With Lorenzo harrison and you, know it might not be a great year For maryland, football But Ty Johnson Lorenzo harrison should be a fun duo to watch in the. Backfield. YEAH i was gonna Go Saquon, barkley but everyone's everyone's going due to alert On saquon Bark yeah to Gimme Ty, johnson he's my.
Speaker 4: Boy, yeah he's gonna hold up What i'm not crazy about this. Offense, defensively they could be all, right but as you, mentioned they're pretty. Thin they could start, out they could lose a bunch of games to start the, season and they're gonna need to scoop up Like Indiana. Rutgers they might need to scoop up That northwestern. Game it's a drive to six kind of. YEAR i, think totaland.
Speaker 1: Totally But Ty Johnson Lorenzo harrison in a line that's actually half. Decent, okay all, right fair enough and in true form here the ultimate showing of. Disrespect let's go To Michigan state as our last. Year how are you feeling About Michigan? State dan was last year a fluke was last year a harbinger of things to come and where this program is now. Headed it can be a little bit of.
Speaker 4: Everything last, year it seemed like talent, wise they're in a pretty good. Space they get worse upfront, defensively secondary was sort of uncharacteristically atrocious last. Year there's certain things that even When Michigan state has a down, year like, well they're going to play the past pretty. Well the defense is going to know what they're going to, do know what they're doing at all, times even if they're out.
Speaker 1: Talented whatever you Know Brian laworki has experienced as a, QUARTERBACK i think.
Speaker 4: We both really LIKE. Lj scott as a running back in the. BACKFIELD i don't know who the work he's really going to be throwing. To it's a matter of Can Michigan state generate any sort of explosion on, offense and that's not really what their offense is built. Around but now, so No Josiah, price NO. Rj, shelton it's starting over after going whatever they, went was it three to?
Speaker 1: Nine three and. Nine it's probably for the.
Speaker 4: Best AND i Think mark D antonio was still too good a coach to just suddenly keep fielding lesser Than bowl. Teams SO i think they bounce. Back it's hard to see where that comes. From with how they're currently. Built SO i think they can get to a. BOWL i think they can go sick and, six seven and. Five it's just after last year bottoming out at the degree that they, did it's, tough and we, listen we both root for teams that bottomed. Out but it still seems, like you, know quarterback is pretty good For Oregon Notre dame right. Now there are pieces on. Offense this team is not built right, now and the coaching staff is not. Built it doesn't seem at the moment to suddenly string together more explosive, plays more efficient, plays especially when they played down so. Much they played up To Ohio, State michigan whatever for at least a good chunk of those.
Speaker 1: Games but to, me it seems.
Speaker 4: Mental if they can sort of get, focused play to play week to, week they'll be.
Speaker 1: FINE i don't. KNOW i, mean they'll go to a.
Speaker 4: BOWL i Just i'm not seeing any sort Of Rose return type.
Speaker 1: Situation here's the, thing when you take a look at the, schedule there aren't a whole lot of breaks, here especially for a team that is kind of going through another rebuilding. Year Both michigan And Ohio state are on the, Road you've Got Notre, Dame iowa And Penn state three tough games at. Home minnesota could be. Tricky northwestern we know he is going to be. Tricky indiana could be tricky with their. Defense Even maryland late in the year could be. Tricky to, me the real problem, here given the rebuild a, foot is that the ceiling might be seven and, five six and. Six that might be the ultimate ceiling for this team this. YEAR i just don't know which way it's. HEADED i LIKE. Lj, SCOTT i Like Gerald, HOLMES i even Like Brian. WILWORK i think he could be pretty. Good BUT i don't know if we have enough data to really feel confident About Michigan. State so did you Say, Gerald? YEAH i did Say.
Speaker 4: Gerald, yeah that's the greatest tongue got out in front of my. Brain, no that's ty your speed.
Speaker 1: Guy six and, six seven and, five that's the, Ceiling, okay you.
Speaker 4: TALK i think they could, surprise all. RIGHT i think they are back into the disrespected place that they. LIKE i think too many people are respecting. THEM i think they can go to A bowl. Game if, not even, listen who do they have at? Home which good teams do they?
Speaker 2: Have at.
Speaker 1: Home they Have Penn state at. Home they've Got Penn, State Iowa Notre, dame if you want to count them as a good. Thing, Yeah indiana at, Home maryland at.
Speaker 4: Home Michigan state's my sneak. Pick i'm rolling with it all, right sneak, decent secretly Decent Michigan.
Speaker 1: State how about. That that's a good jumping off. Point we had a. Chance you had a chance to interview our good Friend Dave revsen From big Ten network earlier. Today big Ten, network by the, way ten year. Anniversary it's, true they're about as old as we, Are.
Speaker 4: Dan they are a little bit older because it's their ten year, anniversary eleventh season where we've done this for nine, years but ten.
Speaker 1: Seasons big Ten networks done a really good. Job dave's been there from the very. Beginning loves of verbal want to come, on talk about what's going on over at The big Ten. Network he gives some preliminary thoughts about where things might head this. Year let's throw it over to our friend Mister revsen to kind of wrap all this, up.
Speaker 4: And we are now Joined Dave, revson our pal over at The big Ten. Network we like so many people at The Big Ten. Network of, Course Mike hall has come on for many. Years dave has been on. Before, Dave how's? Life you're on the?
Speaker 2: ROAD i am on the? Road, yes you, know it's a great time of. Year.
Speaker 3: Dan we get on a, Bus, Jerry DeNardo And Howard griffith AND i and then.
Speaker 2: Few producers AND.
Speaker 3: Pr types and all kinds of new media, people and we travel around The Big ten and we watch every team practice and do a preview show at every.
Speaker 2: Stop we're going.
Speaker 3: To See Penn State hi's crew later today and it'll be the fifth stop.
Speaker 2: For us on the. Tour so it is a great time of. Year is really.
Speaker 3: Fun you, know this is the tenth anniversary of the, network our eleventh, season and So jerry And howard AND i have done this now eleven times going around the, league and it just never never fails to be a good time and educational and all those things that you want it to.
Speaker 1: Be how's bus? Life does it get gross after a few?
Speaker 4: Days is there somebody who's particularly bad, about you, know neatness about the way they carry?
Speaker 1: Themselves? Hygiene what's that?
Speaker 3: Like, well we've had to Encourage DeNardo to shower modern once a week and that's been you, know it's been a slow process for. Him but, no everyone it's. GREAT i, mean the bus is. Fabulous it is a really nice. Bus so you've Got Wi fi on, there and you got a refrigerator that's fully, stocked and you got all kinds of snacks and their SATELLITE. Tv SO i, mean it's not like we're on the yellow school bus or. Anything it's it is a great. Deal we definitely have a routine with the boss kind of where everyone sits after all these, years and you, know everyone's got their own, peculiarity but by and, large, NO i hate to disappoint, you but we really don't have any overt hygiene.
Speaker 2: Problems we're our hygienic.
Speaker 1: Crew, Frankly, hey that's great to. HEAR i love hearing.
Speaker 4: That and so you're going across the, conference which it's an interesting year. Obviously you, know the national, PERCEPTION i think is that it's a conference that's still relatively top heavy With, Michigan Ohio state and Now Penn state with their performance the way they finished the year in such a strong, way is. There do you get a sense with now a few new coaches in both divisions that there is a shifting identity or have things sort of remained in your mind relatively static when you look at it big.
Speaker 3: Picture, Well i'll be really interested to see when we get to The, west and because that's the side of the conference that hasn't totally pulled its, way although Obviously wisconsin has been very good. Here you, Know iowa had one really good team two years, ago but by and, LARGE i mean you're, right there's this perception of. Imbalance the strongest programs right now appear to be the ones in The, east so it'll be interesting to see what's going on The. West nebraska's made some pretty dramatic overhauls with a new quarterback THAT'LL i think go more along the lines of What Mike riley's offensive philosophy has kind of always, been and then bringing In Bob biaco to run the. Defense so that should be really. INTERESTING i always got a new offensive, Coordinator Kirk parents's. Son you have a lot of talent At northwestern this, year particularly at the skill. Position so where do those teams fit? IN i do think that's, interesting but kind of until further, NOTICE i think The east is where the greatest strength in The Big ten Lies we've already Seen Ohio state that are really. Impressive we will See Penn, state AS i said later, Today we've Got michigan coming up on the back end of Our eastern swing a little bit later in the, week SO I Michigan state as. Well so we'll have a little bit better sense of where everyone fits in maybe ten days or so from.
Speaker 2: Now but If.
Speaker 3: Ohio state's any, indication the divisions could be pretty. Good they were really inspiring to.
Speaker 4: Watch on that same sort of, NOTES i think what seems to pop for, people certainly both Within big ten country and outside of, it is a certain excitement quot and we saw it at the end of the, year, PARTICULARLY i think With Penn state With Saqwon barkley and the rose, Ball Mike gseki making circus. Catches you, know The joe moorehead offense really reinvigorated things in state college where you are right. Now but you know there are losses At Ohio state with speed, guys and you KNOW. J. T barrett sort struggled down the. Stretch Michigan state was, disappointing to say the.
Speaker 1: Least last.
Speaker 4: Year michigan loses a couple of its excitement quotient pieces you, know highlighted By Jabrill. Peppers where do you think that excitement quotient can? Growth what are those new excitement?
Speaker 3: Names, WELL i Mean Prince state obviously has they're not new. Names but, right you have to legitimate highs from trophy and Well BARKLEY'S i think of legitimate highs from Trophy calay and maybe make sure he's kind of a Fringe Heisman Trophy.
Speaker 2: Calad i'll tell you who's really. Impressive dan IS.
Speaker 3: Jk dobbins In Ohio state freshman running. Back he's a pop.
Speaker 2: GUY i mean you look at him and you.
Speaker 3: Just, say, wow great, speed really. Athletic there is no doubt in my mind that he's going to play a really major role in their offense and maybe by the end of the, year could end up being their future. BACK i, Mean Mike weber if it was a big time pressure of the, year so it's a stretch to, say you, KNOW i, Mean weber will certainly be very involved in the. Offense but Man dobbins is something. Special so that's a GUY i could. See Hanner, lee by all indications Of nebraska, quarterback had a fabulous manning Passing. Academy some people say he was the best guy. There SO i think on that side of the, ledger on that side of the, conference you've got a guy who could turn into a marquee. Name so those are a few of the, guys you, know kind of based on what we've seen so.
Speaker 2: Far but, YEAH i mean that's you know on with.
Speaker 3: YOU i mean kind of the part of the appeal of The Big ten last year was you always want to see what Your Bill peppers was going to. Do then every time he touched the, ball there was that possibility for a big. Play certainly the case with Say Kwon barkley is one of the most explosive players in the. Country where do those guys come? From and that's something that that we're always kind of looking for on the.
Speaker 4: Tour is there a team, that as you look, forward maybe that's, somewhere BECAUSE i would say the middle class of the conference is fairly. Robust we don't know really who's going to, pop who's going to be unexpectedly, good who might struggle a little. Bit is there a team that you look at and, say they may not be near the top of the, conference but they can put up a, promising fun whether it's one side of the ball or the, other whether it's a specific. Player is there a team where you say the record might not reflect, it but they're going to be entertaining and sort of give people.
Speaker 2: Hell, WELL i do Think.
Speaker 3: NEBRASKA i, mean they were nine games last, year SO i don't know how big a stretch that, is But i'm surprised at how much people seem to be underestimating. Them you, know they have the, bulk the offensive line. BACK i think they'll be good. THERE i understand defense wasn't. Great you, know they did make this change Firing Mark, banker which you, know For Mike, RILEY i mean the classic nice guy to fire someone who's been his defensive coordinator for fourteen years and he's been with him for. Twenty that was somewhat, dramatic and it wasn't you know, FRANKLY i mean as the decause wasn't, great it was probably better than the.
Speaker 2: Offense so you, know that did it.
Speaker 3: Was it was a little bit, curious BUT i think that it does show that they believe there's there's kind of a higher upside to this. Program so that's probably What i'm. WATCHING i know there's a lot of Hyperbout. Northwestern i'll be interested to see. Them you, Know Justin jackson's a fabulous. Back Clayton forston is someone WHO i think is going to be a name that's talked about potentially in THE nfl, draft if not this, year then certainly the year. After SO i think that's a team that they could make some. Noice but they need to get better on the offensive. Line that's kind of an unbilling story for. Them i'm in The Sea. MINNESOTA i don't know if they're necessarily going to take a step forward this.
Speaker 2: Year but IF.
Speaker 3: Pj fleck doesn't interest, you then you don't like college, football so that could be a fascinating. One i'd say those are kind of the ones that would jump out of. Me most of them are in The. WEST i think people feel like The east are kind of the known commodities and The west is a little more where the question marks.
Speaker 4: Are so this will Be we're going into the tenth season of The Big ten network, existing AND i think a lot of people now remember that the first, broadcast the first game broadcast was that App State michigan. Game so broadly, speaking first of, all have you been there all ten?
Speaker 1: Years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now so it. Is this is the eleventh.
Speaker 3: Season technically eleven of you guys are celebrating your.
Speaker 2: Tenth, yeah your tenth tenth, season the nine year.
Speaker 3: University it's our ten year anniversary of the Launch august, thirty two thousand and. SEVEN i was the first on air. Hire So i've been there the entire time.
Speaker 2: And it's been.
Speaker 3: AMAZING i mean that people do remember that App State michigan, game and we've had a lot of talk about this in the ensuing. Years and it's really, Weird, dan because that, DAY i, mean it was maybe the most historic upset in college football in the last twenty five. Years it was one of the historic upsets of all TIME i think in the. Game and yet it's. Weird there was so much that.
Speaker 2: DAY i kind of can we get on the.
Speaker 3: Air we've never done a pregame show together with this, group, right and we had launched two days, Before so you've never done a pregame. Show you never done a. Halftime the terminology that people are using is. DIFFERENT i, mean just to use an, example the guy who was the, producer he called when you're going to? Break he called that the Tees. Right, WELL i came FROM espn and the tees was at the beginning Of Sports. Center you, know Da dad coming up On Sports. Center that's the tees in my. World and so he'd, said you, know like teas to, break And i'm, thinking what in the world isn't talking? About you, know we're just all of these kind of logistical things that you think, about you, know where's the where's the wide shot? Camera how AM i what does the rundown look? Like all of these things that were so logistically challenging for a group of people that had never worked. Together And i've worked With DeNardo AT, espn hadn't worked With Howard, griffith so that was. New so everything that's going on there is, new AND i didn't think it really occurred to me until probably like the beginning of the fourth, quarter where you're, like you, Know michigan could really lose this beame and so that part of it is really strange THAT i don't, think more so than any Day i've ever been a part of in my, Career like the just kind of logistics of getting on the air and being on the air were so overriding on that day that until the, end it almost felt like the game that we were wrapping. Around almost in our mind fell, secondary but, CLEARLY i, mean it was a historic result and it was probably in, hindsight and there's been a lot of talk about this back and forth through the.
Speaker 2: Years but while it felt catastrophic at.
Speaker 3: The time because this was a team that was many people thought going to compete for a national championship In michigan and they lose To Appalachian, state it may have been a good thing for the network because we were fighting distribution battles at that. Point we weren't on the air on the major cable carriers throughout The. Midwest we were ON, DirecTV we were On Dish, network but we weren't On comcast and the big carriers that people.
Speaker 2: Get their cable.
Speaker 3: Through and part of the rhetoric against us in this battle, was, well they're not going to have any significant, games and then to have one of the most significant games in college football right out of the, GATE i think that kind of put that notion to rest a little bit and gave us a little bit of.
Speaker 4: Leverage so The Big Ten network is one of the most specific networks in terms of a sports network's, launch in what the network covers and it's just it's, regional it's. College whereas you have regional networks of course existing. Beforehand there's A yankees network that has existed for a, while but this is specific to just, college specific to just this one region that has since expanded, Obviously but what was the vision at the onset and now that there are more, networks both college conference networks and other sports networks across sort OF tv, galaxy what was the vision initially and how has that sort of evolved and become what it is today in twenty.
Speaker 2: Seventeen, WELL i think the vision was to really be a home.
Speaker 3: For Big ten, fans AND i didn't really understand the vision UNTIL i came out and interviewed with, them AND i kind of thought it was going to be an extension OF espn regional, television which you, know kind of syndicated The Big ten. GAMES i didn't really understand it was going to be the twenty four to seven. Networks so a lot of that was very eye opening to me WHEN i was with Ma chilverman as the president and Commissioner delaney and kind of understood that they saw this as a twenty four to, seven three and sixty five day year destination for the. LEAGUE i think that we all it felt like from the very beginning that if people were going elsewhere for their big ten news that we would be.
Speaker 2: Failing and so that we had to be.
Speaker 3: Honest that when a team wasn't playing, well you had to say they weren't playing. Well you, know this couldn't be like kind of state controlled media. Here you, know we had to give very we had to give honest. Opinions so AND i think that that has evolved through the. Years you, know there were obviously some really challenging. SITUATIONS i think the biggest, one no, doubt would be The Jerry sandusky scandal here In State college Where i'm sitting right, now and kind of how you handle that as a conference, Network AND i don't you, know if there's Anything i'd like to have, back it would probably be those first couple of days after that story, broke WHICH i didn't think we handled as well as we could.
Speaker 2: Have but by and, LARGE i think we've done a really good job of.
Speaker 3: IT i, Mean i'm really proud of kind of what we've. Become you, know the programming is really, good you, know the, JOURNEY i think is something to really be proud of and that's been a fabulous. Show we've had incredible. Continuity you, know you mentioned my. Call he's been there from the get. Go Rick pizo as, Well, Jerry, Donardo Howard, griffith our studio. ANALYSTS i, mean we've been a, team the three of us now going on our eleventh. Season so it's been a really good place to work with really good. PEOPLE i think a kind of an understanding that we were breaking, ground that we were the first to do, this and that there was no blueprint for, it and that was really. Exciting it could kind of be whatever you wanted it to.
Speaker 2: Be and has it been? Perfect you, KNOW i don't think it has.
Speaker 3: Been i've to be honest with yourself and say that that there have been the steps along the. Way but, Man i'm proud of what it's. BEEN i, MEAN i think it's a really really good, network and it's cool to go out and you, KNOW i do.
Speaker 2: PLAY i play for.
Speaker 3: Basketball, games and So i'm out on campus that time of year and certainly walking around town this time of year Where jerry And howard and now are during the preview, shows and to see the impact that we've had On big ten fans stand and how many people can't come up and say thank, you and how much they enjoy the shows and how it's changed their viewing.
Speaker 2: Habits it's. FUNNY i was speaking to someone the other.
Speaker 3: Day it's a Big big ten network, viewer AND i, said you, know we're working on these ten year anniversary, shows which we're going to be rolling out Starting august. Thirtieth we're going to look back on one year per week of The big Ten network, era kind of what was the two thousand and nine, Season, like we're gonna have a prelude show On august, thirtieth and then it'll be one show a. Week AND i was telling about. THAT i, said can you believe it's been ten? Years and he, SAID i can't believe it's only been ten years because it's such a huge part of my. Life where were those games? BEFORE i don't even remember what it was like before. That you guys are so integral to kind of my viewing. Habits and so that felt really good BECAUSE i think at the, beginning particularly that first year where people couldn't get the, network there was this feeling why are we doing this? Again and the fact that it's turned out to be such a big part of the lives Of big ten fans is really.
Speaker 2: Gratifying so if.
Speaker 4: You're put in charge or at least you have a sort of shifted role of like a development executive at The big ten network SAYING i really like how we DO x AND. Y i wish we would try MORE. Z i wish we would lean into doing more of. THIS i wish you, know there was a new version of. Blank when you look forward at the future of The big ten, network what do you hope is sort of more of a thing within The big Ten.
Speaker 3: Network, well i'd say the big Thing dan is and we started this last year and it was, successful BUT i want to see more of. It IS i think that we need to be out among the fans more.
Speaker 2: So in other.
Speaker 3: WORDS i wanted this network from the very outset to be the network of the. Fans we wanted them to feel real ownership in, this and then we understand their schools and represent their. Schools we have such a limited universe and as fourteen, teams AND i do believe that we know those teams better than anyone. Else AND i don't say that to you, know be negative about anyone. ELSE i say it just because we better know them.
Speaker 2: Better than anyone.
Speaker 3: Else otherwise we're failing miserably in our, jobs right, so AND i think that we want to bring that to the fans a little bit.
Speaker 2: More.
Speaker 3: So we started last YEAR bt and tailgate show with myself And Spice adams and Coach. Tonardo we're Adding Stanley jackson this year an on campus pregame. Show you, know, clearly we're not the first to think of this.
Speaker 2: Idea we had done a.
Speaker 3: Few through the years where we might go on a one off type deal to do our pregame show on campus if it was a really big, day you, know a big, game maybe a game THAT btn, had but now doing it weekly during conference. Seasons so we started that last. YEAR i think we might do it a little more with basketball this. Year that's the big thing to. Me how do we interact with the. Fans how do we kind of touch the fan. BASE i mean maybe not literally touch, them but kind of, metaphorically you, know be, there you, know really close and let them EXPERIENCE btn and again make it feel like it is more of air network because that's that's what we want on it to. Be SO i think that's a big thing And the great thing about it is THAT i do get voice in that THAT i am a part of kind of helping to make those decisions or at least adding input into those. Decisions and that's been incredibly gratifying that you know. That, AGAIN i was eleven years OF. ESPN i LOVED, espn and by its very, nature by the vastness of, it it's hard to kind of impact. It and SO i don't mean that in any kind of a negative way that, WELL i didn't have this voice there AND i should have had this. Voice, no you, know and the little THINGS i worked on college game day radio or whatever it was that were my, domainsay but you didn't have to say into the broader. Network just by the very virtue of how large it, was no one had that kind of say no on air guy did HERE i Do and that has been really really. Cool and, AGAIN i think it's been such a collective effort of everybody of you, know what do we want this network to? Be and that you, know to, me this is a big initiative for us of reaching out to the. Fans but maybe there'll be something else in a couple of. Years and the beauty of it is people are approachable there and you can say what if we DID x and people are willing to give extra.
Speaker 4: Trap everybody, listening do check Out big Ten network and their retrospective. Starting it looks like three weeks from, Today august thirtieth.
Speaker 2: And august thirtieth And dave. Revs that is the ten year. Anniversary, yes the launch of The big Ten.
Speaker 4: Network ten year anniversary. Retrospective Dave, revson thank you very much for your. Time good luck to your, stomach good luck to the, bus and enjoy the rest of Your.
Speaker 2: August dan is my.
Speaker 3: PLEASURE i told you this, offline But i'll say it here. TOO i really enjoy your guys. Work it is a ton of. FUN i listened to it on my runs AND i, say you guys do a really good. Job so you keep up your good work and hopefully we'll cross paths again sometimes.
Speaker 1: Soon all, right Cool Dave revson, Again big Ten. Network, yeah great of him to stop on. By we should just throw this out there to really give it our own. Recape ladies and, gentlemen welcome, Back SIRIUS xm the solid verbal eight, eight, eight, nine ninety, nine, ten, ten, ten give us call the insta loop hotline we're Talking Big? Ten Is Jim harbaugh all bark and no bite in Ann? Arbor Can michigan get over the? Hump big, question no doubt about. It Will Kevin wilson Jumpstart Ohio state's? Offense too much talent And columbus not to win? Big Is Penn state the real team to watch in The Big? Ten big?
Speaker 4: Question no doubt about. It will the Big uglies At wisconsin have something to say about the? TITLE i know they're excited In? Madison CAN. Pj fleck bring energy and that row the boat mentality To minnesota splash?
Speaker 1: Higher no doubt about. It was twenty sixteen just an anomaly For Michigan. STATE i won't be the one to Doubt mark, D'Antonio that's for. Sure Love smith got to The Super bowl with The. Bears can that work In champagne for The? ALION i huge, question no doubt about. It what ABOUT?
Speaker 4: I there's a Reason Kirk farrence is the dean of the conference and that reason is class great, coach even better. Guy another big year In lincoln For Mike. Riley Can Bob diacle get The Black shirts back to? Glory another? Question Tanner lee dark Horse heisman. Candidate you tell, me let's Talk northwestern year in and year. Out Pat fitzgerald just gets it. Done when's this guy gonna get his? Do big, question no doubt about. It and what About, Rutgers, Maryland Indiana? Perdue has the conference ever been deeper with?
Speaker 1: Excitement and once again eight a eight nine nine nine, ten give us a call on the install lou. Hotline and because you requested, it And i'm getting The jimmy's just hearing the opening, Notes Ed, Sheeran there you have, It, Dad did you get The jimmy's?
Speaker 2: Tie you?
Speaker 4: KNOW i little bit positive you like? That So i'm an edge. Fan let's catchy? Song all?
Speaker 1: Right this has been a longer, show covered a lot of. Ground big thank you to our Friend Dave. Revsen we have decided this Year i'm doing this. Unannounced oh, wow here we, go breaking, News no breaking.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 1: Wow we've decided this year for the longer, shows that we might add an extra element to our secret. Verbals. OH i, thought since we are just getting warmed up for the college football, season this could be the correct opportunity to trot out our new our new, element our new thought about how we could do. THIS i think it's a great. Plan tie the, plan got an, Idea i've got an. Idea but continue the plan this year is not just tweet a random thing at a random. Person, yeah the plan will sort of, well it sort of, is but we want to incorporate some sort of imagery a, photo if you, will or random, photo say of your, dog say have a, flower say have a. CAR i don't, know could be almost anything at a random. Person no words are required for this secret. Verbal, no just a, picture something to leave people, thinking why AM i being sent this? Picture because we've had a stick now for a couple of, years the word is out on what's been going on with? Us mm.
Speaker 4: Hmm this could be a way to mix it up a little. Bit, okay so do you want to do a secret verbal right? Now no, words pictures.
Speaker 1: Only, yeah all.
Speaker 4: RIGHT i have a person in mind because we ended With Michigan, state AND i believe she is A Michigan state. FAN i think also. Alumnus okay K Adams, okay friend of. Ours she Hosts Good Morning football FOR i believe THE Nfl Network funds At Embassy row produced the. Show K adams send k and always this will always be g rated throughout the. Season, yes send k a. Picture just find it On Google images if you happen to have one on your. Phone just send her a picture of an, enchilada enchilada or a pan of.
Speaker 1: Enchiladas The twitter account is hey CA A adams H e Y K a Y a D A M s hey. Ks.
Speaker 4: Yeah just tweet her a pan of, enchiladas a picture and do not tell her where it came. From do not tag it with solid, verbal do not hashtag, it do not tag. Us just a picture of a pan of. Enchiladas that's what we're here. For could be, green could be, red could be. Whatever both could be branded in, state doesn't, matter it's True michigan. State green is, BETTER i. Guess, Yeah hey K, adams just tweet her a picture of. Enchiladas go On Google. Images there's plenty.
Speaker 1: There you have. It long show. Here my voice is petering out of, me so this is a good time to actually walk away from the, microphone grab some, dinner maybe ninchilada mm hmm. Hmm lived dangerously for that guy over, there my good Friend Dan, rubinstein pour, Myself Ty, hildenbrand thank you again for tuning into The Solid verbal hope to see you all this weekend at the last. Show in the, meantime STAY Si, hey don't forget to check out our good friends over at propercloth dot. Com stop wearing shirts that don't. Fit go to propercloth dot com slash solid, today enter the code solid and get twenty bucks off your first. Shirt