Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock mover's report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenobek, Romain Bostick, and Scarlet Food.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to the S and P five hundred to the large caps, two hundred and seventy eight names to the upside guys, two hundred and twenty two to the downside, and Matt three unchanged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's take a look at what the breakdown looks like in terms of industry groups. We had most of them in the red today. You can see that energy was a gainer as the underlying asset was rising. Oil is up more than one percent this morning.
Speaker 3: Or this afternoon.
Speaker 4: I should say consumer staples, industrials, and healthcare rising there. But everything else in the red, including the all powerful and heavy IT and communication services, that's where those hyperscalers hide out. Need them to gain in order to have any decent traction on the S and P. Five hundred. Although I should say we're not that far off of the record closed yesterday. What it was a sixty six ninety three, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just going to interrupt you here. Micron earnings are acrossing the wire right now, the maker of that high end memory and swords chips here. For it's fiscal fourth quarter, the company says EPs did actually come in above estimates three dollars and three cents a share. The street, on average was looking for two dollars and eighty four cents a share on the revenue side, eleven point three to two billion dollars on revenue, a slight beat over analyst estimates. On average, they were looking for about eleven point one five billion. Gross margin also did expand to about forty five point seven percent. There. You just seeing a modest increase in the shares here in the after hour session, I'm going to dig a little bit deeper and try to find some guidance.
Speaker 5: Shares up about one point six percent in the after hours. In the press release, Sanjay Morotra, the company's chairman, president, and CEO, said that the company's uniquely positioned to capitalize on the AI opportunity ahead. He actually calls out being the only US based memory manufacturing said, it's a record breaking fiscal year, exceptional fourth quarter performance at underscores our leadership in tech products and operational execution.
Speaker 3: All right, sounds like the data center business, right, Really some outperformance there, he says in the press rove in mind that Micron has been on a tear this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get to the forecast here. The company is saying now that for its fiscal first quarter, it is guiding revenue in a range of twelve point two to twelve point eight billion. The low end of that range is above the average of anaal assessments of eleven point nine to one. Adjusted EPs being guided in a range of three dollars and sixty cents to three dollars and ninety cents the low end of that range above the average of street estimates of three dollars and five cents, and gross margin for the current quarter the company guiding fifty point five to fifty two point five percent, the low end of that range above the average of analy assessments of forty five point seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that's so interesting when you look at not only are they going to grow more than the street had forecasts, they're going to see bigger margins, right, so they're making more money. It's not like they're buying this growth. We talk so much about the Well, we've been talking so much today and yesterday since about noon. After that and Vida announcement about the kind of circular nature of this AI infrastructure. Right, open ai wants to buy GPUs from Nvidia, and Vidia invests one hundred billion dollars in open Ai and then they can afford to pay that revenue. Well, it looks like Micron isn't in that position. They're raising the revenue, they're raising the profit as well, with.
Speaker 3: Earnings per share also.
Speaker 4: Eclipsing what the street was looking for. So a beat on pretty much every level.
Speaker 3: All right, So Micron continuing to trade up about four percent here in the aftermarket. I'm going to go back to some of the individual gainers in the regular session. I think I mentioned Paramount Skuiddance, an outperformer up at its highs up twelve percent, finishing the day with a gain of about six percent. Remember, Paramount Skuidance is said to be preparing a bit for Warner Brothers Discovery. I didn't see any real real new news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why is it up? I haven't all watching this all day and I couldn't figure it out.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. At one point it was the top gainer in the S and P five hundred, so I have no idea. On Friday, we did see CNBC talking about an offer that could land in the range of twenty two to twenty four per share, although he did caution that or the network cautioning that the price range was speculative an offer could come later than previously expected. So Paramount on a tear Warner Brothers does some TikTok was down a hair?
Speaker 4: Why it's because of TikTok, right is it?
Speaker 3: That's just my guess.
Speaker 4: I mean considering Oracle Rose on TikTok yesterday and it's like fatherlike son.
Speaker 3: Is that not the case? I don't know, I don't know. Uh, Matt says, but tbd, tbd.
Speaker 4: This is this is Larry Ellison's kid, right.
Speaker 3: Yes it is, yes, yes. So as we all start.
Speaker 4: To consume all of our media across short messaging apps like TikTok or short video acts like Vine, maybe Paramount Skydance somehow gets in online.
Speaker 3: But I would almost say, like if it was maybe Fox or something, right, because isn't Murdoch now said to be maybe part of it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well, Donald Trump said Lachlan was going to be involved. As well as Rupert.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm moving along to ken View because this one bouncing up seven percent at its highes today, finishing the day with the game of about one and a half percent. Yeah nicely said, thank you, well done, well done. President Trump's Yeah, I mean, listen, there was a rethink. There was a lot of doctors. We actually had a great doctor on Ari R talking about still planning to give it to his patients, doctor.
Speaker 5: Todd Ivy from the American College of Obstetricians.
Speaker 3: And really going by the science and the research that's been out that he said, time and all. I mean, this is a ceda menaphone has been researched to death and has been around for a long time. So keep it all the way to death.
Speaker 1: That's a weird choice of words, but okay, yeah, keep going, Carol.
Speaker 3: God bye, missing Katie.
Speaker 5: Is mad in all week.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: I'll be here all week. He's serious. It's like heaven. My three brothers around, four brothers around. Sorry, sorry for one of them, brother forgot all right, for something different, I'm going to mention SoundHound up as much as eleven percent. It's highs today finished it with a game of about four and a quarter percent. Company and seafood restaurant chain Red Lobster announced a partnership to roll out an AI powered phone ordering agent.
Speaker 1: I love this, I know because I have no idea what it means.
Speaker 3: I don't have any idea either. I don't know what you're ordering.
Speaker 1: Edge, and so why I can just get my Lobster on what like the AI order?
Speaker 3: Is it for me or something? I don't know. I don't know, but the shares are epithets. I can tell. I'm mon. Red Lobster fansh shares are up about thirty percent in the past seven train being in a Red Lobster thirty three percent of the float is short. You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, I'm not even black.
Speaker 3: I'm not even listening to you anyway. It's an opperformer tip over to you.
Speaker 5: I am going to go with the MAG seven Total Return Index Tech taking a hit today Big Tech. All seven of the MAG seven ended up falling today, Amazon and Nvidia dragging down the index down one point five to four percent, actually the worst day in more than a month for the group. The MAG seven still collectively up around nineteen percent so far this year. Also, keep an eye on what happened with a Vertive and other electric power equipment companies. Today, Verdive down six point two percent. This after Microsoft set it developed an in chip cooling system that can essentially cool a server running course services for a simulated teams meeting. The announcement coming from a blog post from the tech giant. I didn't know those were so okay. I didn't know those were so intensive when it came to the heat that was produced.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's why it takes so long to load on my computer.
Speaker 5: I don't know. No comment there. We also saw shares of Eaten and some other electric power equipment companies fall on that news. And finally, Firefly Aerospace. This is the small rocket launching company that went back to public just a little over a month ago ticker fl Y. It fell fifteen and a half percent today, this after the company came out with second quarter revenue that came in short of Wall Street expectations. The company did make history though, a few months ago, back in March, when it landed its Blue Ghost robotic spacecraft on the surface of the Moon that was in partnership with NASA.
Speaker 2: This stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.